Speaker 1: It's a Get Loud podcast for anybody see Get Fred Smooth Michael Jenkins, and this is the version of the podcast.
Speaker 2: We talked football a week.
Speaker 3: We were all over the the world on this from right here.
Speaker 2: We touching on everything, karaoke and how many different countries I's seven, We're going to Serbia, and we.
Speaker 4: Also talk about Jillette Stadium and the players that didn't shaved.
Speaker 2: There, pumpkin spice slots and how much you hate pumpkin.
Speaker 3: First of all, everybody hates pumpkin. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: And we've got some football in as well, just a tad bit of it.
Speaker 4: And don't forget we always talk on Dreka Giant Al wait ah wait, tell them me ge.
Speaker 1: Now you don't ever want another episode of the Get Loud podcast.
Speaker 2: Michael Jenkins, Fred Smooth moving.
Speaker 3: Up Getting Loud. Listen. They putting a couple of dollars.
Speaker 1: We got a little kid. And by the way, this is Fred Smooth. If you saw him at the game on Monday night. This is not Santana Mo Mo.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Hey, three people call me Santanta Moss and I signed autographs Santana Moss.
Speaker 3: Listen, if you ask me for something, I will give.
Speaker 1: It to you every now and that I would have this happened to me back in the day. Might be a metro and some guy would go Fox five Weather. Yeah, I'd be like, yep, gonna be hollowod liph ongoing.
Speaker 3: Nobody lies more than the weather man.
Speaker 2: List right.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, jinks, you intelligent man scholar. Uh, what's the difference between partly cloudy and partly sunny?
Speaker 3: They are the same exact thing.
Speaker 4: That's a good question. Like, so, now the weather man only gives you these two variables. Yeah, seventy percent of the time he says these two words. And we'd be like, oh, he is right. It is partly cloudy and it's partly sunny too.
Speaker 2: And they're always the most popular people.
Speaker 4: Always, and they only had like the shortest segment in the nose.
Speaker 3: Like I think we like him.
Speaker 4: Because besides a storm coming a hurricane or something, they don't really give bad news like the rest of the news anchors kind of ushers out bad news sometimes, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they'll say things like, I mean a little bit cooler out here on the on the on the east side, or out here.
Speaker 2: You know, near the coast little bit and it makes you feel a little bit.
Speaker 4: And then we celebrate them like they actually made the weather. Like when they'd be like, oh, it's gonna be eighty five, I haven't said. We'd be like, oh, just what I'm talking about. Well, the man, he had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: Well, we had great weather on Monday night.
Speaker 1: We did Bengals Commanders, and I will say, we keep talking about this, but it's the truth.
Speaker 2: The vibes, I mean, the fans. I have people stopping me. I know, people stopping you no matter what, and they just wanted to talk about how things felt different.
Speaker 4: Just happened to be back, Happy to be back, And I'm so happy for Terry mclaughin. I'm so happy for John Alley that they get to see FedEx feel in my eyes and the vision I saw it when I got here, when it was still rocking, when it was ninety thousand strong, when the fan base was still injected, the energy was still there.
Speaker 3: So I feel good for.
Speaker 4: Him that they get to see the real version of Washington football, not the version they saw prior to this, because the fans wasn't hanging on like they are now, and we got people jumping back on.
Speaker 3: That's funny. We got like ninety olds jumping back on the.
Speaker 4: Ship and then carrying they fired your grandchild jumping right back on the ship. So it just feels good. The energy is there, Ren Lose. The drought is fan based, is showing people we hear it and we ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 1: And I always say this too, and not to get too like utopian about it, but we live in a crazy society, we do. Everybody's divided, but man, when you have one thing that brings everyone to yuad.
Speaker 4: I love sports. It's the ultimate unifier. It's the ultimate us against you. It's an ultimate like. That's why we say in the SEC it's SEC and everybody else right, it's us against y'all. So I think that's what sports is. Sports is color blast. Sports don't care about anything, and when something going on in your world, when the world ain't looking so good, sports can cheer you up. It has that effect on people, and I think it's been like that since the Roman times.
Speaker 3: That's why I took a trip to Rome.
Speaker 4: I went to the coliseum to pay hommage and hummage to the first ath least they gave Fred Smooth a chance to go play football.
Speaker 2: So when you were out there and you experienced this, yeah, you see this team. Check me because I read the comments and sometimes they're like, what's this guy doing? You're talking to smooth, But.
Speaker 1: Most of the comments are, Hey, I'm excited about this new era. There is something different, so check me. Am I getting too excited like everyone else?
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you? The new costumeil makes everybody excited.
Speaker 4: You're talking about new owners, new quarterback, new era, new uniforms, new everything. Like we are positioning ourselves to tell everybody here we go, here we are.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's it's more than just the newness, though.
Speaker 4: I think this fan base has just been waiting, waiting for so moment to do, to like express themselves, and I think that's what we did with the Ravens game. We kind of put people in I know it's a preseason game. I'm not jumping out things, but we kind of put people on notice. Hey, Washington, we got a football team over here. If you're not paying attention to it, we got a football team over here that knows how to play the game. We got some coaches over here that knows how to coach the game, and we got a owner that knows how to own a team and know how to shake hands.
Speaker 3: You don't love about that is that he's having a good time.
Speaker 4: No, No, he likes to celebrate. And I think it was Joe Buck's fault because Joe.
Speaker 3: You're doing this.
Speaker 4: He presented that hand canvas, he presented it.
Speaker 3: Then he presented it for like minutes, and I'm watching it. I'm like, don't do it.
Speaker 4: Don't do it, and I'm seeing him just reach over there and he didn't really grab it. He just kind of put his hand in his hand, and all you see in the background is Troy.
Speaker 3: Troy about lose it. Troy can't even hold and the red eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, I see two red eyes and a smile back then, and it's Troy agument.
Speaker 3: Don't know what to do in this situation. I thought it was human.
Speaker 4: I thought it was regular, and I thought it showed him as I'm just like, y'all.
Speaker 2: Right, because I look, man, I am not the smoothest cat. I do this all the time. I go in. I'm like, should I adapt this guy up? Ye? Love? And you know how this can get off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know? So I feel like that was just that's just part of how it is. And I was like, I can relate to this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most definitely. I've been left hanging with high fives one hundred thousand high.
Speaker 4: I make a play on the field, throw that high five out my teammate take off jogging.
Speaker 3: It's just one of them things where you shoot the jump and you keep on going.
Speaker 1: Well, I could give you some credit when we talk about what we saw money now, because I know you talk about Emmanuel Forbes, you know all the time, but he balled out a great open field tackle and you really did call this early on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did, most definitely.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, they say he got some fresh mood in him, and I think it has a lot to do with not only did we he he took the same track to get to where I am from high school, literally went to the Mississippi State, broke all my records, broke all my records.
Speaker 3: Then he gets drafted by the team that drafted me.
Speaker 4: And yes, he reminds the fans of me because when I got here, I was one hundred and seventy four pounds and I tell people, Damn Green was one hundred and seventy five pounds when he got here, So we have a track record of drafted skin and corners that end up being pretty damn good. Right, So I just think he's feeling his way out and I think the game is just slowing down for him every day. Like, first of all, what you want to see from a yorkstea is do he belong? He looks like he belongs with the rest of the guys. He belongs. Now, how good can he be? Like Jordan's saying, the roof.
Speaker 3: Is the ceiling. This kid like the root. It's the ceiling with this kid.
Speaker 4: So the more and more he gets into the game, the more and more guys he checks and he like, well, I could check him off the list like he did last week Obi j Yeah, I can check him, check him off the league.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 3: So once he puts people on what I call the Forbes list, uh list, that's goods man.
Speaker 4: As he put people on the four lips, they will understand how good this kid is.
Speaker 1: Frenchman Michael Jenkins of Thissney Get Loud podcast presented by Seat Geeks. So when you say, Okay got a little smooth in him talking about a mainium Forbes, who is someone that you get compared to I mean, you're already famous as this is different someone like me, but everyone you know, how this someone to say you remind me of so and so?
Speaker 2: Is that happened to you?
Speaker 3: There was always it was my idol. Do you understanding?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because I was such a talking and then when people hear that you're a talker, they automatically think you're the meaning somebody are talking down at him.
Speaker 3: I was more of an entertainer. I like to, you know, make people laugh, but I can't talk to you enough to make you cry.
Speaker 4: So I had that ability, and as I studied the I start to really noticed he wasn't really attacking people for this verbally. He was more or less just just playing Jedi mind tricks and getting in their head and driving the car however he wanted to. So that's what I took to me and I understood that, you know what, being a trash talker you actually bring teams together like I am. And always was like, they just say, the team want something from the head coach, They're gonna call me, brace Moody here, send him to the coach because they know I can talk to the coach. So it comes with different things. So Deon was always my blueprint. I feel like Den changed football, especially for defensive players.
Speaker 3: I think Deon.
Speaker 4: Now that I think about it, I don't think no athlete ever self promoted himself besides Muhammad Ali on the level.
Speaker 2: Of a d N people forget back in the day when he was playing baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean mc hammer was on the sideline's.
Speaker 4: I said, you shouldn't be ashamed of yourself rying time on the leopard print on. But at the end of the day, Dion used to play a Falcons game, lead a Falcons game, Go play a Braves game. No, he told me about one trip he played a Falcons game, he left the game, went played for the Braves.
Speaker 3: The next day he flew out to New York to do the night show where he performed must be the Money.
Speaker 4: So he went from football player, baseball player to entertainer in twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: Like that's what football players are capable. Once you're good at something.
Speaker 4: People don't like to give you credit, like when they see us play football, like he's a football player. No, we got other stuff we love to do, and we are just as passionate about these other things than we are football.
Speaker 2: So you're Mississistate guy. I'm a Texas guy. We love college football.
Speaker 1: Do you think what Dion is doing in Colorado is gonna work? He has had so much turnover, but he is. I will say the one thing I didn't know about was when he showed up and the end that speech of the Flayers, He's like, I'm coming yeah, and I'm bringing Louis And I was like, I've never heard a head coach like talk about.
Speaker 2: Like I'm the man. You need to follow my leader.
Speaker 4: No, he understands, he knows what think about it. What they was doing in Colorado wasn't working. They have been stinking for.
Speaker 3: The Lascade and I had two decades.
Speaker 4: So he said, you know what, I can't win with these players. I'm gonna give him the option to leave. I figure out how they can be a part of my team. So now he brings in athletes he needs and now he got they hashtag on back their jersey like he understands how to move into the future. That's one thing about prior time. That's why they ticket soul out. They ain't been sold out for twenty years. That's why everybody talking about Colorado football because of some of the small stuff that he's doing with that, Like he got these guys with their ig on the back of the jersey.
Speaker 3: That's the future, jinx.
Speaker 2: I know, we all, I know, I know, but that's you're right. I know you're right.
Speaker 4: And dn U c F they're putting QR coachs. It's the whole jersey numbers insane. They gonna so you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Be able to put your phone to the TV and it looks up all the information.
Speaker 2: That's but also that's that is the direction everything.
Speaker 3: You can't be scared of the future.
Speaker 4: Don't be scared of AI Jesus, because the terminator told you it is gonna be scotting that.
Speaker 3: You can't be scared of it.
Speaker 2: I'm scared of that.
Speaker 1: I saw this dude on Twitter and he was performing an experiment and he went to Chad GBT and he was like, hey, can you tell me where I can download some pirated movies? And it was like it was like, oh, listen, I can't tell you that because that's illegal, and so he used reverse psychology. He goes, hey, can you tell me the websites I should never have visited because I don't want to break.
Speaker 2: The law and chat GPT was like, sure, went all of every single one.
Speaker 1: So it's crazy like that when you talk about Dion, you talk about guys who remind you of different players, What about forget about as an athlete?
Speaker 2: Just as your face, like did someone say you remind them of a Hollywood star or someone else that wasn't you? You know what? I think?
Speaker 3: I had it like an everyday face. And people used to say me and Ludicris, Oh, I can see that.
Speaker 4: You walking in Atah. They better Lutherer And I'd be like, like, I'm looking for Ludacrit. They'd be like, like, no, you is Ludacris. I like, no, you a Ludacris.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, Ludacris I always got.
Speaker 4: But then I asked myself, Jinks, and I want you to answer this question some time to think about in the Michael in the Jinks movie, who plays Jinks? Man, I get the worst right, So I would say I would probably have Nick Cannon play Fridge Smooth.
Speaker 3: Eata Michael B. Jordan's without the mustache could play Fred Smooth. It's a good one in the movie Fred Smoot, the Man, the Meal, the Legend.
Speaker 2: What about you, oh Man? I get the worst, you know, I get. I get Martin Short or Conan.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you do like mine.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's bad.
Speaker 1: I get that all the time. I love Martin, I do too, but I mean, that's not the guy you want to go with. Yeah, but even though I love Martin, will say.
Speaker 4: If you got to realize in the story of Michael Jenkins, I want a talented guy to play.
Speaker 3: That's true, all right, So I'm just saying one shot. Now, you can't get too much talented than that.
Speaker 2: Conan O'Brien, that's another one.
Speaker 4: I get to you do look like you're a late night house and get lit. We're on the come up, man. We gotta we headed the.
Speaker 3: Late night folks. Those definitely, and then we can have the ghost of Anderide the Giant. It's our first host.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's always here in spirit.
Speaker 3: No, he's with us most definitely. I'm with it. Like I had always asked myself if I was a wrestler, how would I dress?
Speaker 2: Because I can wear would you be flamboyant?
Speaker 3: I could not wear onesie.
Speaker 2: I can't no, no, no, that's how you start.
Speaker 3: I can't wear that.
Speaker 4: One like I can't look in the mirror be like, yeah, the ones he never looks good. I would have been more dressed up like the Ultimate Warrior with the screens you're.
Speaker 2: Saying because it made muscles pop, face paint.
Speaker 4: You know, I would have had a little bit and you know, I'd have been edgy on that, you know, me and Jean, I'd have been out there bad.
Speaker 2: We have some breaking news that you Commanders fans are gonna want to hear. It is official. Seet Geek is now the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. That's right, the delo his Final Lives, and Seat Geek is the newest member of the Commander's family. If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it because you'll be hearing it a lot more this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commander's games or any other event in the DMV, Seat Geek is the place to do it. Seat Geek the new official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. So, Commanders fans, kN fan.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about teammates because there was this story about the Denver Nuggets and I love Nicola Jokic.
Speaker 2: Did you first of all after they won the title, and he was supposed to be excited. He was like, we did the job, the job is done, It's time to go on come back.
Speaker 3: And it was like, that's very dangerous. Athlete is not emotional like that. That mean he could do it.
Speaker 4: That means and over and listen his game. I have never seen somebody never jump off the game. I mean ground dominate.
Speaker 2: As much as he's incredible, he's.
Speaker 3: In his game is I don't even have nobody compare to.
Speaker 2: I've never seen anybody like it.
Speaker 1: No, I have it.
Speaker 2: So he and Aaron Gordon, this teammate, were in Serbia and they took like bikes to a Serbian horse race, which is crazy, which I love because when the cool goes so you forget.
Speaker 1: Also, remember when he and Jimmy Butler had beef and they asked him if he was scared of Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 2: He was like, I'm serving, I'm not scared. I'm Serbia.
Speaker 3: I got twenty thousand Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 2: So they go back to Serbia and You're like, they're taking bikes to a horse race. So what is a hobby that you have? Or maybe you gotta tell the story.
Speaker 1: About or a teammate or a teammate that had a hobby, and then all of a sudden, You're like, I would have never thought you would be interested in this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, probably my teammate. They're in the Cats, a wide receiver. We came out together class o one yep. And I'll never forget when we was talking. When I first met. He was like, I'm an artist, and I'm like, nah, you're a football player. He's like, no, I'm an artist, a real artist. So I like, what kind of art do you do? He was like, I draw do paintings, also sing.
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh for real.
Speaker 4: So nobody would like show him any love. It's like all early painters, nobody believing to you until you do it. So I was like, all right, man, how about I commission you.
Speaker 3: To draw me a pain.
Speaker 4: Now. I didn't ask him to draw my face jinx. I asked him to draw my initials F and I said, on the canvas, okay, right. Took him like three months to do it, like you said, he had to find his his cheek and his softest inspiration.
Speaker 3: So he does it.
Speaker 4: He draws it for me, and the pain about this big. I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna put that in my house and he said, yeah, give me a thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what, First of all, he charged you a grand. He charged me a grand for no, no, for f and as like for letters, like for letters that's criminal.
Speaker 4: And not only did he charge me a grand for it, and it was like the most elementary pain right of all time. He was getting mad because I want to argue about the grid and I'm like, dude, I'm here to show you love and you know, to tell you the truth. Your pain won't be nothing until you die, like that that's the secret of being the pain, right, like, until you're gone.
Speaker 3: This pain means nothing. He charged me for it. Then he dropped and I told him this.
Speaker 4: He dropped the album by two months later, So I said, you took my thousand dollars and went to the studio and you dropped your album loved on't cost a thing, and now.
Speaker 3: And now you want me to buy the CD from you.
Speaker 4: So yes, he actually was a very good He could sing, he could actually paint, and he still does these things.
Speaker 3: He was dating Biblica Fox at the time, so doing something right.
Speaker 4: Yes, So he was a very time dude and I would tell people all the time, three fourths of the locker room all have these things they love to do outside of sports that has nothing to do with sports. Big Derrick Dockum always loved politics, used to talking in the in the in the locker room.
Speaker 3: Now he works on Capitol Hill.
Speaker 4: They don't shock me, right, So in other day, these guys and they all and they were pretty much only share what they like to do out.
Speaker 3: The field with other football player. That's the crazy thing about it.
Speaker 2: I will say that that's one thing that I learned over time, just being the media for so long, is that after if you ask an athlete something they have him and asked before, like a different question, they're more likely to pay attention to you. Years ago, I got sent to Fox for to cover the Patriots. This is when Randy Moss was playing.
Speaker 1: And people forget now because Randy's very likable and everything, but he was so he was surrely back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I went up there and I was doing this schoofy story.
Speaker 1: I was like, all these guys are growing beards, but they play in Gillette Stadium. Yeah, so you guys are own beards, but you play and stadium you know that is sponsored by shaving company. So I walked up to Randy Moss and he was by and nobody would touch this cat, and people the local media is like talk to you.
Speaker 2: They're like beware, And so I just walked up and I go. He was just sitting there mind his own business. I go, Randy, can I ask you about your beer? He goes, what, I go, don't you think it's fun that you're all growing beards and you're playing a stadium sponsored by a shavy company? And he goes say that again, and he goes, he goes, stay right there. So he walked out, like to the trainers room. I was like, he's not coming back.
Speaker 1: Sure enough, thirty seconds later comes back, sits down right next to me and gave me the best And all we did, yes was talk about beards, shaving, just superstiti And then later it was crazy the rest of the media creeped in. There was something going on with him at the time, and then he got pissed off whatever. But he was willing to have a conversation because it was just a natural conversation about something different.
Speaker 4: See, everybody like to talk about sports, but they don't They forget their sports is our job. Yeah, like, so we'll rather not talk about sports, We'll rather talk about everything else.
Speaker 3: How was your weekend? What would you do? Did you go fishing?
Speaker 4: Like Randy a big fisherman, love fishing in West Virginia, So like a lot of us are very outdoorsy, Like I think this is what people forget. A lot of these guys like the race because NASCAR is big down South. So all kinds of stuff that guys like to do off the field. And sometimes all you got to do is stop and ask them and they will talk to you and tell you.
Speaker 2: So if we're talking about hobbies, things that maybe you would expect. One thing I love to do and I don't know you love to do. You were telling me this today was karaoke.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm a karaoke king. Are you out listen?
Speaker 4: I have karaoke in seven different countries. I have karaoke in o Soka, Japan. I have karaoke in the souph of France.
Speaker 3: Really roam all listen. When I take a trip.
Speaker 4: The second thing I do is google wear are the karaoke bars and we go have a time, and I enjoyed myself. The last karaoke I sung Yellow Brick Roll by Elton your Son. You love that song, Ah, listens if it's a piano in there.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is a great song.
Speaker 3: I would go play it. And it's so short.
Speaker 4: See, it's a short song that people don't forget because once you sing it, it's stuck in their head.
Speaker 2: Free. You can't go ten minutes and.
Speaker 4: You can't go ten minute, go to a minute. So Yellow Brick Road is one of my go to in karaoke.
Speaker 3: What about you? What's yours?
Speaker 1: I got three main Number one is Poison by BBD, I do uh drain and snoop number the g thing.
Speaker 3: All right, rap is the easy way she sees it.
Speaker 1: But but if I want to slow it down, have enough drinks in me? Yeah, do careless Whisper by George Michael. But that's a hard one.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: That's all great, that's listen.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know George Michael was part of Wham for a long time. Oh yeah, I didn't, because that's a classic. Because I always looked at him as a solo artist because he's just so talented. So at the end of the day, I was like, but careless whispers. You got to be in the mood for kids whispers. I can sing it and make people go get married. I'm one of those guys. I make you go get married. After send kareless wish.
Speaker 2: I sent karaoke two weeks ago. Man, we had seen karaoke.
Speaker 3: You know, we gotta we gotta do it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll do it to get loud Carryok, we'll do that. We'll get a sponsorship. We're going.
Speaker 3: Karaoke.
Speaker 1: So we got football season coming up. Obviously, we got one more preseason game then we get into the fall. So just in general, what do you think is this is a very generic question.
Speaker 2: What's the most exciting aspect of this team?
Speaker 4: I think it's everything, the franchise, the whole thing that the coach is like it, the coaches, coach being me, got everything red hot round here, the players. It's just a right to be honest, jenks. It's a great time to be a Washington fan.
Speaker 3: It is right.
Speaker 4: And I ain't talking about just the football team. The Nets have rebuilt the team that look like they going to the playoffs. All youngsters, all right, we still got super talent in the double and a raw, but they are talented, super talented. We got a new brain trust in young talent with the Wizards. Right now, they got a whole new outlook on everything. Then you look at the football side of the things, whole new app look. So now the District of Champions DC is headed back in that direction.
Speaker 3: So I would say everything the fan base is lipped.
Speaker 4: I just think it's a good time to be a Washington fan period all sports man.
Speaker 2: I feel the same with what is it about the fall like? To me, there's nothing like fall weather football is on. Yeah, you got a pumpkin spice lot? Do you like those? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Listen to me.
Speaker 2: I want to hear this.
Speaker 4: Listen to me, America. I have to tell you this, and I'm gonna look in the camera. Guys when I say this. Nobody likes pumpkin.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to say it. I know it's festive.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of girls on TikTok that would disagree.
Speaker 3: First of all, I mom and daddy always taught us first do not play with your food. But we let our kids carve fac into a pumpkin.
Speaker 4: People go to the groc store, get a pumpkin and set it on their porch, yeah, people go get a pumpkin.
Speaker 3: Let it rot.
Speaker 4: My mama never said, son, I'm about to go to the store, do you want me to bring you some pumpkin back? Nobody says this, I'm gonna go to the store and get some pumpkin. Nobody does it for two months November. In December, we idolized pumpkin so tied of pumpkin spice coffee lattes.
Speaker 3: Oh, they got pumpkin pizza. Like we just go on, We just go on the whole friends and just pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin when we don't.
Speaker 4: Like it, like nobody wants to say it. Americans don't like pumpkin like it's the most useless.
Speaker 3: I told you this. Even at a zoo, one animal eats pumpkin, a hippopotamus. It that's it.
Speaker 2: So what is that true?
Speaker 3: That's true? They eat them whole?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. Did you tell me earlier today that I believed you told me something. I probably told you that hippopotamus eat pot You told me.
Speaker 2: Something was like you're a lot, No, I think it was.
Speaker 4: Listen, if it ever was a useless vegetable, It's like I've never heard somebody like, yeah, I was trapped in the woods and I had to live three years eating pumpkin.
Speaker 3: Only nobody like it. Just not that thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I like, like, I like it for just a finite period of time. Like I'll drink a pumpkin spice.
Speaker 1: First of all, it's gotta be hot, because as soon as that gets warm, it gets kind of gross and like tastes like pumpkin.
Speaker 2: I need it really hot, and then I don't need it for like a month or so. My problem is, I don't want to see Christmas decorations in September. I don't want to hear about a pumpkin spice latte in July.
Speaker 4: That what I'm saying, seasonal things you can't you can't and then they're not seasonal anymore. That's what I'm saying. Like most things are dressing, stuffing, whatever you want to call. Okay, it's usually holiday seasonal.
Speaker 3: I cook it in the middle of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I enjoy it like that, But with nobody like eggplants, pumpkin, like these things.
Speaker 3: I think we should not tear the dirt up to grow these things.
Speaker 4: America, Let's look at each other in the face and say no more pumpkin, like, no more pump anywhere.
Speaker 3: All right, we don't need it.
Speaker 2: You hate it that much.
Speaker 3: It's a human race. We don't need pumpkin like, think about it.
Speaker 2: Even pumpkin pie like Thanksgiving sweet potato pie. Option.
Speaker 3: I think about it.
Speaker 4: If pumpkins came up missing off of Earth, we wouldn't miss a step like it ain't like we turn it into fossil for you or something. All I'm saying is pumpkin ain't.
Speaker 3: Needed like we think it is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I went home.
Speaker 2: I was on vacation last week down in Texas, and my mom was making it like a spread.
Speaker 1: But I could not believe because like the eggs are these eggs are delicious. But I was like, She's like, well, I put sweet cream in them, yes, and a stick of button. I'm like, no, wonder And then she was like, yeah, I got this new ornan dessert and I put a whole bunch of criscal and I forgot the old school.
Speaker 2: Yes, she learned it from my grandmother, and they just load it up.
Speaker 4: They cooked what they say, they cooked with love. Yes, with love come diabetes. We understand it beat. So at the end of the day, I'm from Mississippi. Right, you know my grandmama, Lord, No, she cooks stuff. But that's why all our grandma all we thank Lord, we have a big mama. And they come from eating all of that food, that Southern way of doing stuff, southerness. We'll feed you to get to know you, like we invite a stranger into the house to sit you down, to get to know you over food. So that's just a way of life. And they like to take their time. See we in a Michael Wade society. Now that's everybody want it ready right now. But no, Now with grandmama, she gonna take time and cook that food. And that's why it tastes good because it got loved. Is exactly expression of love. That's what affection. So if you want to show me love, not invite me to the Jenkins household and serve me.
Speaker 3: Come anything that ain't.
Speaker 2: Loved, I don't remember. I'm gonna remember that all right. When we're talking about the fall, yeah, it is almost tip, but we got a preseason game first, so I can't jump ahead. But what we saw on Monday night was a Commander's team that electric, I mean really was electric. And it's crazy too because we were there at the very end. I mean, Tanner was yelling and you know he played the game. This is a preseason game, but he never even played the preseason.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's how into we was into it. Of course, they twenty four game winning streak had something.
Speaker 2: By the way, that is such a stupid streak.
Speaker 3: No, not really, you don't think so. I'm all about the equation. At the equation.
Speaker 4: They always have a great backup, meaning Joe Flacco had Lamar Jackson as a backup. Lamar Jackson had RG three as a backup right now, he got him Huntly as a backup. Very good backup quarterbacks. They always have depth meaning they second to third teams are always very good athletes. Mixed that with a kicker, the best kicker in the NFL. Kickers don't take preseason off Tucker's mania.
Speaker 3: Thank you with Tucker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can win the twenty fourth great preseason game because that's the formula to get their job done.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was big. And all the Baltimore people want to say we don't care about that. They do because they was upset.
Speaker 4: Listen, I had to tell them turn their frown upside down because you know, I know you're hurt, but at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: They are quality franchise, So you know, question, I don't see it no other way.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing you can always say about the Ravens, no matter how you feel about them, it's his top to bottom. They're always organized. They play tough, physical football, so you can never take for granted to win over the well.
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 4: Is they at an organization that help merrit people after divorce, because don't forget they on an up and rain in the middle of the night. That's so they have got let down and divorce, but they started their life over, got married again, and you see what it is. Championships, long longevity. Sometimes pushing the button and start over ain't so.
Speaker 2: Bad now that's true. So what do you want to see on Saturday?
Speaker 1: We've got Bengals Commanders final game of the preseason. What are some of the things that you just want to see as we finally get closer to the Cardinals than we've wont.
Speaker 4: I want to see them one leave healthy. Two I want to see, let's be honest, jinks.
Speaker 3: It's like five spots up for grabs out of the fifty th I want to see who wants those spots.
Speaker 4: I want to see who want to live the dream, who want they dream to continue, who believed that they it's not over for them, because at the end of the day, I hate to say it, one player of two three plays making in that game, f I'm making this team like so it's one of them things where it don't look like as much for other people, but for some guys like this.
Speaker 3: It'll be the last time they be on the profile. Some of these guys won't ever get a chance to scrap on the head.
Speaker 4: And again it's crazy like so that's the fire night moment of this dream.
Speaker 2: It does end.
Speaker 3: You have to wake up to a different reality.
Speaker 4: So I just want to see the guys be healthy and I want to see them getting ready and be ready for Week one, like I felt the electricity in there other night against the Raven. But boy, I can't wait the week one real game. Fed Ex should be rocking like I have been there in that place, especially as a rookie in the ground with shaped like I would make a play and everybody smooth and I would feel the ground shaking under my feet, and it just made me addicted to making plays like I wanted to feel it. It was a euphoria. You can't get that nowhere else. You can't get that playing a video game. You can't get that nowhere. Ninety thousands all in unitson saying your name so loud that the ground is shaking.
Speaker 3: This that makes you addicted to making plays.
Speaker 2: So how much do you miss it? Like you can't because you can't compensate for it.
Speaker 3: Where you know, I do be at the gym, I'll be crossing people.
Speaker 4: Oh they've smool so in then I'm in the grocer store walking in the bread and ask somebody.
Speaker 3: Somebody trafficking a line? So I still get some type.
Speaker 4: But no, that can't be replaced. I'm sorry, Like it just it can't be replaced right now, and marriage can't replace it. That's one of the things that sports give you that can be replicated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of the great things about sports. And you know, I wish people not rooting for you when you're yelling smooth and somebody goes tanner doing.
Speaker 4: It happened, But it worked on the on the road for me because smoot and boo sound like the same thing, So people would be booing me on the road and I'll be out there dancing like Sam Cosmic, because I'd be like, yeah, they're saying my name having fun with it, So I weaponized my name.
Speaker 3: What did you give? What do you rate that gritty?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, he doing the gritty, he listened.
Speaker 4: I thought it was so sarcastic the way he was doing it. Yeah, he wasn't really trying to do it. He was kind of rubbed it in their face.
Speaker 2: Because he was the one who said that this winning streak is so supid. He said week yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Said it's so stupid. But we're gonna beat it. We're gonna break it, right, and then we go out here and break it while he doing the gritty on the field. By the way, Cosmic, you can gritty at all you want to love it when you in the end zone like that. So at the end of the day, I give his gritty a nine.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. If you're if you're a receiver, you're a corner, you try that, you better knell up. But if you're an on lineman, you don't have to do anything.
Speaker 3: You put no. The fact that you tried, that's all that matters.
Speaker 4: And right now he's the apple of the eye all the offensive blindman out there because Office of Line and don't get that moment to shy much.
Speaker 3: And for him to sit there and gritted like that, and then he just gritted and walked off the field. I loved it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yeah, you get me excited for football. That's Fred Spot. I'm Michael Jenkins.
Speaker 2: It is to Get Loud podcasts prevented by seageek Goodness. He has always been always get loud good seek.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.