Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's take a look at some of the stocks on move today in Europe. I'm Lizzie Burden with Stephen Carroll and were joined by our breaking news editor Louise Moon. Louise, I want to start with tech and the chips sector. How are those stocks faring today?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Really, in summary, we've got the likes of asml st micro both up over two percent, Infinian up over three percent, all on the back of t SMC overnight reporting forty five percent rise in its monthly sales, forecasting four year sales to grow slightly above forty percent. So all of this essentially pointing to signs of sustained demand for this hardware behind AI in the face of what has been a bit of a volatile market. So tech valuations have been stalling more recently those concerns around data center over capacity. But this is kind of calming those concerns a bit and boosting chips through in Europe on the back of TSMC over in Asia.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that is a look at the tech stocks to something much more concrete though. We're going to go and talk about baked gods next, and this is the Swiss baker Arista. I think Arister the ideas my.
Speaker 1: Favorite kind of used a bit of baked goods, a.
Speaker 4: Bit of bake goods and difficult to name, to.
Speaker 1: Pronounce, yes exactly. So shares in Arista, I think you're correct, falls fell as much as fourteen percent, the lowest since January twenty twenty three. That's after their first last results, essentially seeing weak market conditions, particularly in Germany, which is its key market, so that's weighing on its profitability essentially. So they're saying that that consumer sentiment, that fragile consumer sentiment, is proving to be a larger drag than had been expected and masking otherwise good momentum in the business. So they say they're reviewing all options for Germany to maximize their shareholder value. Aless is saying that the second half should provide some catch up. There's cost savings coming through, and there's that low growth base, but yet not a great day for this for their shares.
Speaker 4: Over in Switzerland, I was tempted to see that one of their key products is luxury panarais how so you know I'll be thinking about that for the rest of the day, thanks, Louise.
Speaker 3: Well it is nine fifty six am. You know this sort of time when one thinks about baked God. Look, we've also been talking about UK hiring turning a corner this morning, Louise. You're keeping tabs on the hiring agencies.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, Hayes and Michael page two ones to two of the key ones here in the UK up slightly, Robert Walters actually down. Essentially, this is all on the back of there's been a report that the latest report by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation alongside KPMG, so this is quite a regular report and the latest ones showing signs that the jobs market is turning a corner. Obviously, they've had a very tough period for quite a while now. There's a host of factors, but higher employment costs, political uncertainty here in the UK, combined with kind of more macro factors, so the impact of the Iran war being one of them. They've been dealing with that and hiring has been a tough market. But at the latest data showing that hiring in July actually held steady. This breaks forty five months of downturn. So the stretches back to the Liz Trust era crisis era in twenty twenty two. Every month has been a downtown and this is it's now steadying, So pointing to a bit of a ray of light for hiring. But as I say, shares for a couple of the main ones up but only slightly. Essentially, there's still a lot of caution there. There's still a lot to improve and also a lot also hinges on what policies Andy Burnham will bring in to the UK. So silt, a lot of things be worked out, but a bit of a ray of hope for hiring and job seekers in the UK.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.