Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Valerie Titel on the morning where for the most part, if you're invested in chips, it's a nice morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning value. Yeah, good morning, Nathan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Two of the stocks to the fside we're going to talk about are in the chips sector. Let's start with Micron. Those shares are hired by nearly one point seven percent this morning after the chip maker gave an upbeat forecast for the current quarter. The company's revenue forecast topped estimates, help by strong demand for its AI equipment focus, mostly in high bandwidth memory, which has become the star of Micron's business, a key component used in artificial intelligence. The growth prospects have turned Micron into the chip industry's hottes stock this year. They shares have gained some fifty one percent through Thursday's close, and Micron is on track for record revenue this fiscal year and expects continued growth in AI software as it becomes more complex. That's Micron on the upside of one point seven percent this morning and following.
Speaker 2: On its heels.
Speaker 3: So I mean it's it's ahead of everybody now. In Vidia once again the top dog in the market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. Nvidia shares reached a record high on Wednesday, and they're adding to those gains this morning. Navidia up one over one percent so far in pre market trade. The stock rose more than four percent yesterday into the clothes, lifting the chip giants market cap to three point seven seven trillion dollars now the world's most valuable company, taking the crown from Microsoft. Navidia has gained sixty three percent since the April lows, fueled by massive demand for AI hardware and strong earnings. Navidia shareholder meeting earlier this week, the CEO, Justin Huang reassured investors that demand remained strong and reiterated his view that the computer industry is only at the beginning of a massive AI infrastructure upgrades. That's Navidia adding to yesterday's gains, the world's most valuable company up over one percent.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: We should say that the rising tide of chip stocks. Isn't lifting all boats, particularly for one stock overseas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a stock in the Netherlands ASML. It's one chip stock on the back foot this morning, down one point two percent in Netherlands trade. It was downgraded by Jeffrey so suffering in the red. I guess it's not all chip stocks that are gaining this morning, but the gains from Micron and Navidia are really setting up the NASAC for yet another record high clothes this week.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the big earning story after the bell yesterday was Micron after the bell Today looks like it's going to be Nike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be interesting one Nike reporting after the bell. The shares are out performing the broader market this morning, up a six tens of one percent versus the S and P five hundred futures of just three tenths of one percent. Investors will be looking for updates on the company's new products, tariff impacts as well. They have a lot of Vietnam exposure and the health of its business in China. Some analysts, though, are warning that the results might not be pretty. The company could take a beating from the drastic measures the new CEO is taking to turn the sneaker maker around, so whichever way goes will be an interesting report, both on a macro and micro perspective. Those results will be dropping.
Speaker 2: After the bell, the Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.