Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and New He scrugs.
Speaker 3: Hey, time for the Players louds.
Speaker 4: That's right here on the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio. We're sponsored by Aristocrat Gaming. Yes, sir, he man here, Yes, Sir, Barry Church is here. Danny McCrae with the day off, I am New He scruggs as we dive into Cowboy topics.
Speaker 2: That's how you feeling, That's how you're feeling. The rebuilders among us. Yeah, I ain't with that, man, I ain't with that. For weeks.
Speaker 5: Man, I've been saying weeks man, you already hear first rebuild it's coming, guys, it's coming.
Speaker 2: You know, the T shirts to fight, the resilience.
Speaker 4: Or whatever it was, the rebuild quotations of Cape Omnia all that.
Speaker 3: The rebuild.
Speaker 2: I'm not going foundation, I'm not. I Am just not going to the ground up.
Speaker 4: Let's let's let's dive into your hypothesis, your thoughts, ladies, I think it is. So when you say rebuild, how are you going to go about that in this draft? How are you going about this rebuilt? When you say rebuild, that means you're going to.
Speaker 5: Let things fall, that implode, or let this inevitable walk.
Speaker 4: Okay, So who's walking and and what leads you into this?
Speaker 5: Well, you're not gonna let you know, the big Mazuoka walk. I mean that we all understand that. I mean's one of the top defensive players in the game. And I'm talking about Michael Parsons. You can't let somebody like that wall. So he'll be here. You got the digs, he's under contract, he'll be here. I cannot see. I think Ceede Lamb's kind of on that same level as far as Michael Parsons. You can't let them go. So you get you got those three pieces right there. Those those are your core. Those gonna be your foundation going forward. That's gonna be you're building a house, you're putting it on pillars, you're on the hill, whatever, those are gonna be your pillars.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: The reason I say rebuild is I don't believe they're gonna bring any more cats in to make this all in, We're going for the super Bowl, putting all our chips into the bag right here. This is gonna be our team that we think has an opportunity to go far. I think when you talk about a rebuild, you're gonna get draft pieces that add depth in places the line, like we talked about maybe second level with linebackers, get some young offensive linemen and develop.
Speaker 2: And we understand what the Cowboys do.
Speaker 5: They they bring in guys and they do a great job developing this young talent. But when you talk about a rebuild, I don't see going forward. It's gonna be tough. It's gonna be tough. It's gonna be tough because when you got you know, right now, our quarterback Dak Prescott, he has the Cowboys kind of just hamstrung right now. I mean, he just no trade clause. He's hit this sixty million dollar cap hit against this team. So in order for this team to go forward, you gotta find a way to kind of reduce that cap number and make him that guy.
Speaker 2: And I just I just don't see it going forward. Do y'all see that going forward?
Speaker 5: Do y'all see this Cowboys team paying Dak sixty some million a year and ham stringing the rest of your team.
Speaker 3: I don't see it.
Speaker 2: So I think what's interesting. And you started saying rebuild probably two months ago, right after the playoff loss Houston. That's that's been your word, keyword, rebuild. And I don't And the reason I don't see it is because of the guys that you lost, all right, And if we go Tyron Smith, Tyron Smith has had Newly on the edge of his seat for years seven say I'm selving, And the same with Danny mccraig. He's been with. You've been wondering, is this guy going to obviously make it to day one? Right? Even the other guys that you let go, you know, coaches leave, they get other jobs. What do they do? They take guys with them. Okay, that's exactly what dan Quinn did. He took the guys that were available in the cupboard with him. If we say Darrence Armstrong, a guy that really had a good Hey, had a good season, couple of seasons, a favorite of the Jones family, but a guy that I think I always closely relate his career with that of guy Randy Gregory. They're always going to be loosely associated with one another because of Randy Gregory's contract and Darrince Armstrong and I think that once he got signed, he didn't exceed expectations by any means, So letting him go, I'm not saying, look, you didn't need a player like that right now, but still no harm, no foul. You got a guy in your cupboard right now that you feel like it at least replace and have that same impact defensively as Darren Mstrong had. I feel as though the Cowboys right now, with the guys that they have on the team and what they can't potentially do through free agency, we're not done. And also into the draft, you can feel those voids. So to me, the wholesale rebuild that you're talking about isn't isn't there? All right? The other part about the only thing that really worries me really is that Dak's contract. Because you are hamstrung, you can't make any additional moves, You can't sign any guys to these record breaking breaking contracts, but you still have years to negotiate that. Ceedee Lamb still has a year on this deal. Now, we do know when Ezekiel Elliott got to that point he was jogging in Cabo and wouldn't play under the under that contract. But Ceede Lamb doesn't seem to be in the same mode as Zeke was at the time, So I'm not worried there and I and I don't think that you'll lose your star players because teams don't necessarily get rid of young, productive players across the league in general. Right, And so the point to me is working out the d contract. If you're gonna maneuver through it, you're gonna have to work this contract. And he has the ironclad no trade clause in that contract. So look, no matter how you get this done, you gotta find a way to get it done, and you got to find a way to get it done that works for the team as well. And if anybody needs to do that, it's that it's that his legacy essentially is attached to this. Now, if y'all want to play the devil's advocate, which I'm sure na you will, you will do that at any moment, you know. But I think we just have to look at this and say, all right, what are the pressing needs right now for the Dallas Cowboys. And we've gone over that offensive line defensive line, linebackers. Would you like to get another running back? Yeah? Would you like to get another wide receiver in there as well? Yeah? And so all of those things are still on the table, and you can still find those guys right now. But to say that we are in a wholesale rebuild mode, better gone with that. Man. You just name them off about.
Speaker 5: Six different positions that this team needs, and I think you can't. I don't see them getting all that at once and just being okay, we're ready to role for this playoff push. Yes, you got important pieces your quarterback, you got wide receiver. If you know, things get done. And you know you say you don't see him in that same mode. We all understand money talks, man, and if ain't on the table for him, I don't necessarily see CD Lamb coming out here and doing the OTA's doing the trading camp unless he has a deal right there. Oh man three for seventy five and you see him getting people are getting paid around him. So he's sitting there like, man, hold on, where's my duckets at? Talking about Davonte Smith. He just you know, signed three years seventy five million with a with a Philly So to me, I just there's a lot of holes that this team has to feel to be competitive in my opinion, as far as when you talk about reaching that Super Bowl, now, they'll be competitive within the division, they'll you don't have a great regular season, But when you talk about being one of those championship contending teams as of right now, the way this roster is built, I just don't see it happening.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to try to find an example where I said, Hey, who was a team that was contending that all of a sudden they had to look at the salary cap and say, we got to get some people out here, and we got to change our.
Speaker 3: Team and was still able to compete.
Speaker 4: Go to Green Bay, got rid of Rogers, traded him, Love came into play, and obviously he's on a rookie deal versus the money that Rogers was making.
Speaker 3: But still they had the cap hit they had to deal with.
Speaker 4: And they had to get rid of several veteran and very good players and had to go with younger guys.
Speaker 3: Made the playoffs. We watched them get in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: We were a part of it.
Speaker 4: Yes, So Church, I hear what you're saying there are tough decisions that have to be made and the consequences of keeping some players because you've got not just this year, you've got a multiple of contracts that are going to be coming up down the road, not just Michael Parsons. You got to deal with the Ron Bland at some point in time, Zach Martin, Tank Lawrence. These guys have deals that are going to be coming So you're going to see changes within the roster, which means this draft and how they approach free agency the rest of the way, and when I say the rest of the way, meaning the guys who didn't get got who are looking for jobs that you say, hey, look man, what do you think you know? And maybe it's where Zimmer goes in and find some of his guys. Hey, you know, if you like to play, we have this money available to you, and you try to fit pieces together. This is where you have to lean on Will mcclay's expertise, Mike McCarthy's ability as a coach to try to make this thing work. Looking at it from your standpoint and people nationally, yeah, it doesn't look good, but this is not a situation that is uncommon in this At some point in time, you gotta pay. This is true, the bills come do this is true. But does that sound like a competitive team to you?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 5: Filling big needs with guys that may be past their prime or be free agents as opposed to guys that can come in and make an immediate impact. Does that feel like a competitive team to you, guys? I think that any team, that's what you need.
Speaker 2: You know this. You need guys that can come right out of the draft, right off the bus, and can come right on the field and play. It doesn't always work like that. I'm not gonna say any names, but we know there are some guys that disappointed us. Look when I look at this roster, and especially right now going into the draft, I already said, offensive line, you gotta get an offensive line. You gotta get a center, you gotta get a guard. You gotta get something to fill in for your center and your guard position. And behind that, I think defensive line is going to be another one of those. Is it for me? And when it comes down to Zimmer it's the same thing with Mike McCarthy last year. What is that offense gonna look like? I'm asking, what is this defense gonna look like? Because if from and correct me if I'm wrong, I thought that Zimmer was one of those flex guys three four you know, majority then four to three, So we know that he doesn't have the personnel to do to do that. And I think a lot of people have been asking for Michael to get the best Michael you can get. You might want to move him to a three four, And I always rely on you for that because you played in a lot of three four d one of the best three four defenses in Duval And so look, I think with the wholesale changes that are coming, you'll already set in certain positions at cornerback. I don't do are we worried about the cornerback position. I mean we were worried about Treyvon in his need, okay, but we know what we get from him as a player. Dron Blaine, you know what you're gonna get from him. I think your linebackers are going to be so much better if they don't have to fight through the minutia to get to the actual ball carrier, so that that that kind of works itself out. And so Barry, I think I don't say rebuild because I look around at the teams that do it in spa of like San Francisco. If you take them for example, I think they're loaded on offense. They are, you, Debo McCaffrey. They got everything you need. Defensively, they have a lot as well, But we never talk about that secondary. We never mentioned that secondary. We never mentioned their qurnerbacks because oh Fred, we're always okay. But every team has its weakness. But we're looking at the Cowboys and saying they got multiple weaknesses.
Speaker 4: The Niners are so good up front that you can cover up the wards and exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's and that's what I'm saying, where you have to fill in those holes on offensive on the offensive line and defensive line cures all of that to my point, That's what I'm That's what I'm saying, and that's where the importance to me has to lie in getting better on the front.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I just I hear offensive line. I read these drafts offices off line. Can we go back and look at the last three losses in the place else to to San Francisco and one of Green Bay.
Speaker 3: They've had the.
Speaker 4: Ball shoved down their throat. That's true, I mean, and it's been to the point of hey, we're gonna start off. I mean, think about it, because Green Bays coach was with with Shanahan in Washington and so they did the same same basic game. We're gonna run this ball down your throat. Yeah, we're gonna get a lead and it's gonna be wrapped. You're gonna be playing from behind. So when I see these mock drafts about the offensive line and and yes they need a center. If you don't fix this off defensive line early, when are you going to fix it? Because the best players are, especially defensive players, you got to get them. It's not like you sit around here. Hey man, we found this gym right here in the seventh.
Speaker 2: Round, you know, we stumbled upon were about to get another j ratlift here.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't want to bet on that. You need to go handle this thing up front. And I'm sorry. Mizzie Smith had shoulder surgery. Maybe so you think about man lost a lot of weight that was an issue. Now says got shoulder surgery. I have not seen the young man.
Speaker 4: Haven't talked to anybody recently about the young man on the record who wants to put anything on the record. But should we be trusting Mizzi Smith to say, ah, we're good, We're good at the d line.
Speaker 2: Think so I don't have a reference of a guy that's had a bad first year and then it recovered in his second year to be in All Pro or at least Pro Bowl. Thank you all right, thank you for digging that out. I mean, but you right, but but you go right, come on, Jared right Tripolomo, come on, do you soway? He goes to the mountains. So that wasn't what I was expecting.
Speaker 4: Show you that he about to go.
Speaker 2: Jerry Wright truck you as wait to seal your point doing Yeah, but you know, look, giving up on a second year player. I don't think the Cowboys are going to do that. But I do think you have to go into the draft and also get a defensive lineman. And that's why I was saying, second round maybe your better bet to go and get a guy like that. But you know, offensive line wise, getting this thing fixed up front is going to be foremost and we have man, I am definitely afraid right now where we are at the running back position. I'll just voice it. And that's my biggest thing right now is what are they thinking at running back and unless something happens in free agency there or at least in the draft where there's a name that you can trust and say, oh, yeah, that's a guy that I know we can he's that guy right now. Rico dald and Duzban is your Day one starters. And I don't feel comfortable there, all right.
Speaker 4: Okay, run semc Christian McCaffrey. Let the league rush first round pick. After that, Derrick Henry number two, six yards second round pick, Kyrin Williams of the Rams was the third lead in Russian league.
Speaker 3: I don't know where he was taking. That is James Cook, not doubting, but James Cook number four.
Speaker 2: Not to Davonte, but doubt number five.
Speaker 4: The brothers DeAndre Swift, who Detroit said bye, and Philly had him for a year fifth and then Philly said go away, and now he's in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Then it's James Connor. Then we have a first round.
Speaker 4: Pick at number seven, and Najie Harris. Then Joe Mixon eight, who was a second round pick who Cincinnati said bye.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Then he got Daved Montgomery Detroit ninth, and then Raheem Mostert of Miami was ten.
Speaker 3: And I only bring this up to say, the running.
Speaker 4: Back deal is all about the play caller and how they want to utilize the guy. I thought, this is me. I thought old boy from Texas is gonna set it on fire. I thought he was going to be for sure a top five running back. Arthur Smith decided not to really use the guy. Yeah, John Robinson. So we'll just have to see where it is man, I mean Tony Pollard.
Speaker 3: You know where Tony Pollard was last year in the league in russiing wasn't where he wanted to be at twelve.
Speaker 4: Wow, yes, yes, twelve, fourth round pick twelve, So yeah, Bjon was fifteenth by the way, So well.
Speaker 3: Tech, I hear your concern about it.
Speaker 4: If you can block up front and your quarterback returns to being a pro, a pro player, you just need some guys who can figure out how to pick up a third and two, who can who can punch it in first and five from the five. That's my that's to me, that's my bigger concern. And we were talking in the break before the show about Amani Bailey at TCU. I can see them deciding to hey, let's try to fix up front a little bit and give Zim r some more what he wants defensively, and then help the offensive line and then try to get a guy like that a little bit at the back end. Xavier Worthy is a guy they brought in who, if he's not hurt, is probably the number one running back off the board, and maybe even a first round pick if he's not hurt.
Speaker 2: But you're talking about the running back and.
Speaker 3: Text running bat. Yeah, but I'm not worthy. I'm sorry to Brooks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, I'm sorry. Not worthy with Brooks. Brooks, but you're you're a mister, you are a mister. Time proof, inconsistency. We haven't seen either of those things for the two running backs that we're talking about. If we're gonna go into a running back by committee situation, we're gonna have to at least have a guy the day one that we can trust. You start the season right now with rico' daddle. That is the great unknown because you don't know, you have you have no idea if that third and two can be picked up by ric o' daddle and.
Speaker 5: You can see if we had the twenty sixteen offensive line of Dallas Cowboys had when you have friends, Yeah, I'll go with that Tyrens this one.
Speaker 2: Right now, third and two. Knew he could get it.
Speaker 3: He got out.
Speaker 2: I know you got it.
Speaker 4: Man, this is it's gonna be warts no matter what. At this point in time, there's gonna be some warts. It's gonna come out of this draft and freezing. I'm worried about this and worried about that. If your offensive line is not taken care of, you can't stop the run. You can't run the ball. Smith ain't gonna help you back then, true, you know, so you've got to fix these is there gonna be a superstar there, No, they'll be it. You'll be able to find a free agent running back, and I think you'll be able to go out and find yourself a running back. You know, they go get Terrell Davis in the fifth round like Denver did in the sixth round where they got I don't know, but I'm not. The mock drafts are in line with you. Heckma, where they've got the Cowboys taking running back in one of their first three picks.
Speaker 2: You don't think that's smart.
Speaker 3: I don't always say I think it's smart. Show me who's there? You know the kids from Florida State is a good player.
Speaker 4: But man, I am worried about that d line, you know. I mean, if you they ran on them like this last year, what you gonna do now like that?
Speaker 2: But this is a problem that we've been dealing with for years, but.
Speaker 3: It's worse now.
Speaker 2: We were just all in dead when we trusted. Now I ain't walking through that. No, no, no, we're talking about last year's issues under dead Quinn and before that it was coach Nolan.
Speaker 3: So where did we fix it? So right now Mozzie Smith has started.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, look, we've already talked about those. I don't feel good about it. I don't feel good about it, but I'm not loading him up and putting him in the recycle. Ben on his second year.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying you got to reload it.
Speaker 4: But I'm not just sitting up here letting him go all the way, big fellow, give it a good try.
Speaker 3: I need some help.
Speaker 2: He knows that. I mean, he knows that.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: And plus, you're gonna need a rotation in the National Football League at seventeen games anyway, You're gonna need some guys.
Speaker 3: Hankins is going. I mean, I'm scared, right now you're.
Speaker 5: Gonta worried about that level or the second level when you can talk about linebackers.
Speaker 4: Well, if man, if Mozzie sitting up there and that get turned around like he did Daddy Jack, like even kind of one of that on that second level, you got Rick.
Speaker 5: You know, he was also a part of one of the worst defenses you know in the league.
Speaker 2: Last year we talked about the Chargers and you gotta get a rookie year you watched a lot of charger I was watching.
Speaker 5: You got Clark in there who struggled at times last year, Bell as well, and the kid from Texas coming back from an A c L.
Speaker 4: So we don't know what he's gonna be able to do. Brother, this questions that a lot of question. There's a lot of questions, but I do you don't If you don't get it up front your line all your linebacker gon be doing catching. Second and two, I don't know somebody gonna get Eddrian Cooper from Texas A and M. But if if they got a skinny different tackle and mad should up front he.
Speaker 2: There fight for his life. Man, nobody's ever called skinny, He's never been called skins, tire life man.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get a break. Get our first break right on the players line. Zip Bru Gamings Dallas com.
Speaker 2: Oh He's out of fuck.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 3: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 6: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 3: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 7: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new dick In and flavor dig into a cool I Sie or Fatalia bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue star or a nose star for that matter. And there's no eye in How about them cowboys smearing up nose? There's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 5: Home or away.
Speaker 9: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge. Come out to the Star in Frisco for Dallas Cowboys Draft Weekend presented by Miller Light. The party starts on Thursday, April twenty fifth at six thirty pm. Enjoy live draft coverage, player appearances, live performances, and more. On Friday, come back for Draft Night out with alumni and DCC appearances at Miller Lighthouse. Then finished strong on Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor, Scott and White Health. For more details, visit dallascowboys dot com slash Draft.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. He Harrison Aristocrat Gaming brings you the Players Lounge. By the way, get the Cowboys, I mean Star Magazine their draft Draft coverage. Man, it's yeah, it's really really good. They always put a lot of work into this thing, so check out the work. He Harrison is here. It's Berry Church on Strugs. Danny mccraige with the day off, so I stopped watching those shows in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh you gotta watch them. Come on, man, get your blood boiling. Do have it with your coffee. Get up, you want to hear some Listen.
Speaker 4: Look, I understand, especially being in TV. I know what the game is. Okay, I know, I know how it works. So it's just throwing this meat, don't Cowboy talk is meat that they throw into the shark and everybody wants to get a chew on and people buy it. Okay, you know it's never in Kansas City talk, you know, and they got some issues going on.
Speaker 3: Up over there.
Speaker 4: But no, it's this cowboy talk that's gonna always get everybody. Adam Schefter old album What If Dallas decided to take a quarterback? And so I said, I don't watch. What I get is things that pop up on my social media feed, and then I have the ESPN alerts to my phone, and so when they do something on Cowboys, it jumps up on my phone, and I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it. Then I just saw one of the clips where Schefter talked about it, and I guess they asked swagu over their former cowboy Marcus Spears. And then the twenty fourth pick, what about Michael Pennix was part of the conversation, and I just shake my head at it. From the simple standpoint. If you know the history of Jerry Jones and drafting quarterbacks, you know that he's drafted exactly one in the first round. Did you know what it was? Troy nineteen eighty nine, the first ever pick. He's not done that.
Speaker 3: Since thirty five years ago.
Speaker 4: When do they draft quarterbacks? When does he feel comfortable drafting quarterbacks? Round four, Dak Prescott, fourth round, the kid Stephen McGee. When they took the Texas A and M fourth round, they took Mike White at a lot Tech in the fifth round.
Speaker 2: This blast from the past.
Speaker 4: Mike White, Yeah, Mike White that he looked at Paxton Lynch in the first round. It didn't work out, and they eventually landed on Dak Prescott in the fourth round. Trey Lance was got was traded for what a fourth round? Fourth round. So when people talk about the Cowboys taking a quarterback this year, there's your quarterback. They used a draft pick on Trey Lance. That's the quarterback. Now.
Speaker 3: Someone said on one of our shows, here, hey Pennix, there twenty four boy, you may want to look at this thing.
Speaker 2: Who said that.
Speaker 3: Listen to the shows and you'll find out. Okay, because I'm not throwing shade. It was just there.
Speaker 4: But I I.
Speaker 3: Can't see taking quarterback.
Speaker 4: With all of these He's just in a list of all thems you need.
Speaker 3: Now, if they do, then what you said, mister Church, this.
Speaker 2: Is the rebuild. Take that. Take that where a QB? Does that help you?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 5: Like you just said, with all those holes that you need, feel just on the defensive side of the ball alone, you know, how does getting a quarterback in the first round help you. He's not gonna play unless, like you said, they plan on doing something with Prescott that we don't know, but he's not gonna help you. And not only Trey Lances there, you got Cooper Rush as well. Four quarterbacks who went out exactly who is extremely serviceable out there. He went four and one when Dak went down, Like, you got a great backup sitting right there. Who you know I doubted early but I was proven wrong. But you got to backup quarterbacks right there in your stable already. You got so many other needs. This is not a draft where you can be like, you know, let's just pick up something that we may need.
Speaker 2: In the future.
Speaker 5: This is a draft where you better hit on all your picks or you will be in that you know, rebuild T shirt era that we talk about. So to me, I just don't see where a quarterback can help you, right, It's to be a lot of money. Think about that.
Speaker 4: Well, for between Dak's money brand, Dak making making almost sixty, Lance make his numbers about five. Then you have Cooper talking about Pinnis four quarterbacks? How how does that make any That's why when I hear this stuff, that's.
Speaker 2: Why I don't watch see Okay, So instead of being the devil's advocate, let's just go and go straight devil on this. Let's call it how it is, because if you do something like that, you're not gonna have Dak here. At the same time, it's not gonna work, okay, and then you may even have to unload one of those backup quarterbacks that we're talking about as well for further draft picks. Let's entertain it, because okay, first round you do something like that, then, like I said before, Dak has the ironclad no trade and so that means Dak is basically saying, okay, I will pick who you can trade me too. Okay, he's not gonna do you any favors. He's not in the business. Okay, let's say he do. He does use a faith, all right. Who would be your dancing partner? I would say Minnesota, the eleven, the Rams at thirteen, fourteen something others. So you could go up and get one of those upper echelon style of quarterbacks. But there's no there's no Troy Agman in this draft. There's no guy that is immediately a program changer that I see. I'm not saying that Pennix Jr. Is in a good quarterback and it didn't have a great season, which he did. What we are in full rebuild mode. If we go in that direction, and if you do that, if you do make that trade, yes, what is that? What does that align you with? It aligns you with to be able to sign see immediately to a deal, to sign Michael Parsons immediately his to his deal because that frees up all your money. But you're still I think whatever the cap hit is, I don't know what that is, but there's still going to be a cap hit associated with it. But why why would you do that? Why would that be the route that you take and I've heard so much from Jerry, We'll only go as far as dacklet. I don't know if that's sarcasm or if that's really whatever it is, but I feel like when it comes to Mike McCarthy in these twelve and five seasons and knocking on the door, this isn't time to say, all right, let's unload this whole thing and bring a rookie in here and let's see how a rookie takes this on like that like that, that would to me, it wouldn't make any sense. But unless they have another plan brewing, something else going then again full rebuilt, full rebuild, reboot. If we go down, how do you look at your coach after that? Like, how do you look at the head coach and say, hey, I got your back?
Speaker 5: You know, they do decide to move on from you give him, You give him an extention, You give him an extension, an extension'll buy out at the end of the season.
Speaker 2: Just we know what we did, we know what we did. He money.
Speaker 4: Once again, just as we have talked this, we've talked through this, which is why I do not watch those shows, which is why I cannot take them serious.
Speaker 2: That sounds crazy. Taking money theory gives.
Speaker 4: You four quarterbacks and having a conversation with someone recent last year after the Trey Lance trade was made and asking the reasoning, and they said, we would probably go into twenty twenty four drafting a quarterback. That's what we would probably do. Well, now we don't have to do this. Here's a quarterback who we had a second round grade that they got him for a four.
Speaker 2: Fourth.
Speaker 4: The problem that the Cowboys are feeling now is people looking at, well, what what Mac Jones and Justin Fields are traded for? But I also say that's that's an unfair history because you would not have been able to get Justin Fields for a six at the start of last year, or even Mac Jones because those players had a higher value. Once they played, their value plumbing down plummeted, and so to me, Trey Lance for a four. Considering the history of the Cowboys, they would probably take a quarterback in the fourth round. Okay, it made sense. I'm not saying it's gonna work, but you have to have a rationale. Why would we do this. I understand the thinking of why they did.
Speaker 2: I just Trey Lance is the great unknown. I don't know anything about him. I didn't know anything about his career. When he was in San Francisco. It was so up and down. He was hurt, he was I don't I still don't know what you get from a guy who's taking what third in the first And so look, if there's any leverage, if there's any value that the Cowboys can use for draft Day, I say use it. Cooper Rush has been not only a serviceable back backup, he is proven as a backup you can puck and we just look, we're getting into this area with Dak where it's just like, get the deal done already, because you can't do anything unless you get this deal done. And if we're going to attack the rest of the season, play out your deal, the one hundred and twenty six million dollar contract, and then we'll see at the end of the year. I think again, you're playing chicken with these contracts like you have been doing all season long. You wait till the last minute, and oh you end up having to give the bag to a guy. And this is gearing up to be another one of those unless you get it done.
Speaker 4: All right, It's get our final break right here on the players lounge on Dallas Cowboys dot com rady.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and MICAEH Parson to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 7: I'm Danny mccraid, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can at fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy w lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the.
Speaker 2: Press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slaft. He'll run for a first down. Just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com To the play years Loud.
Speaker 2: Head to Miller Lighthouse at at and T Stadium for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival presented by Miller Light on Saturday May fourth, from three to seven pm. Enjoy a variety of tacos and read from regions across Mexico and food truck fair while you sip on cold drinks and listen to live music. If mission and parking are free, visit at T Stadium dot com slash Tacos and Tunes for more information.
Speaker 3: See you there, Harrison appreciate it. Uh Harrison is here, Barry Church is here. A new Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Dani mccraby's to day up Aristocrat g Gaming brings you the player's lounge right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: Radio.
Speaker 3: Drafts could be Detroit this year.
Speaker 2: Time. Hey, let's gonna be lives. That's a con gag. Yeah's going now.
Speaker 4: So it's gonna start on a Thursday for Round one, Round two, three, Friday, and seven will be on Saturdays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, if you.
Speaker 4: Know, you know, as we get closer and closer to the draft and more and more people come up with their thoughts, the Cowboys keep getting mocked an offensive lineman.
Speaker 3: Yep, do you believe it?
Speaker 2: I want to that they're going to get an old linement.
Speaker 5: I can see it, man, I can really see it. I can see it happening. I don't agree with it, but I can see it happening.
Speaker 2: I mean, we we've gone through this. I've I've said, offensive line in the first in the first round. I think you got you have to show up. You got to get that piece, be right this time on that piece, and be that guy. I think the last time we took an offensive lineman, what was it, Frederick in the first and none no, no, no, no, no, no, I'm I'm tripping center. Was Frederick in the first? Okay, so maybe we do the kid from Morgan Jackson Powers, whoever.
Speaker 4: I love his game medicals or what they talk about on the Draft show here that that is possibly knocking the young man down in the draft, guy Jackson Powers. Johnson is rated as the number one center. But then they're changing a little bit and a lot of people are kind of putting Graham Barton ahead of him, yes, because they feel better about the medical situation, even though Graham Barton went to a couple of Nicks, but he's a kid from Duke. But at the same time, on the latest Draft show, they think that Graham Barton may not be there. There's some scene picking up from him. So and don't forget Philadelphia is ahead of you.
Speaker 3: In the draft. Absolutely, they've had Jason.
Speaker 4: Kelsey leave so so well, just just kind of looking at the center position here, and then of course is Jack Zach Fraser. It's also coming off a little bit of an injury. Center from West Virginia is someone who's also out there. And then you've got Cooper Bebie Center from Kansas State from your neck of the woods, who is a good football player in h two time offense Big twelve Offensive Lineman of the Year by the way, and the consensus all Americans. So these are some some players that could be there from the center position at no.
Speaker 2: And it wouldn't it would not hurt my feelings if it was flipped and we went d line in the first and then offensive line in the second. It wouldn't it really wouldn't hurt my feelings. But I think right now with the miss, with Tyron Smith leaving and Tyler Smith going out to left tackle, you have an opening their guard and center and you need you need something there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still standing on business about it.
Speaker 11: Infensive tackle because not standing on business because what are you.
Speaker 2: Trying to do.
Speaker 3: What is Cowboy fans frustrated about.
Speaker 4: It's the lack of playoff successes and we've seen it time and time again. Man, run on these board. Yeah, if you're an offensive and we're going to go, run on these run, that's the whole message. Run on and you can win. Everybody's gotten well over one hundred yards when they've beating the Cowboys in the playoffs. We'll go run this thing. Go shorten the clock. We're gonna make them play from behind and boom, let's go. That's been an achilles heel. Offensive linemen are an issue and you can address it. But man, you sit around here, wait too long on this defensive line. Man, good luck, and you bring Zimmer in here. Zimmer likes big people.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 3: You don't have big people, do you? You don't you got some space eaters. There's no space heater.
Speaker 4: I am one of those who also believes that you need to build your team right now to how to beat San Francisco and win the division.
Speaker 3: At beating Philadelphia, they goun the ball.
Speaker 2: I am one that believes that we have to have a balanced attack on offense to be able to compete in those situations you're gonna come up against a team like we came up against Green Bay and they did run the ball on us. In turn, we couldn't run the ball. We couldn't when we got we couldn't control pace, tempo, time, none of those things. What they knew we were going to where we were going with Ceedee Lamb. They shut all of that down with Jay R, Alexander and their guys back there. Okay, so we have to find a way as well. We have to counter that, and I think building our team to beat one team doesn't help us through the season. All right, We've got to be balanced and good enough up front to be able to run the ball. But yes, I am not saying that I don't agree with you. If anything, we have got to stop the bleeding on the defensive line. We got to and we got to get to it. And it's a pride thing. Yeah. I mean, come on, you playing on a number one defense, you know what it is to mindset when it comes to those front seven. Have you got some goons in there? I mean, it makes it so much easier.
Speaker 5: You got guys in there that with the mindset you're not going to run the ball, and when you pass the ball, we're coming after you. I mean, and you got the pieces to the attack of quarterback. You got one of the best pass rushers in the league. You got a DeMarcus Lawrence on there. It's just that interior, that interior on the first level and the second level.
Speaker 4: It's got to be tuned up a little bit. In the words of Des Bright, fix this. That's our show for the appreciate your struga care all right.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 4: Assass