Speaker 1: All right, News Roundup and Information Overload hour this Friday, it's eight hundred and nine point one Sean. If you want to be a part of the program. There was in Axios yesterday this idea, this posture that Democrats are taking publicly, and that is that they want to abolish ICE. They're demanding Christy Nome get fired. That a whole list of conditions, you know, to get beyond the short term two week continuing resolution for funding the Department of Homeland Security, which funds FEMA, and you know, a whole variety of government you know, agencies that matter and would impact probably every American on levels you can't even begin to think of. But that's that is the posture they're taking publicly. The Axios report says there are two things that are putting a great deal of fear into Democrats. They don't want to be on record number one, supporting sanctuary cities and states, which they already support. They're ready on message Gestapo Nazi fascist and have no problem with inciting language and insightful language, and with dehumanizing ICE agents that have been out there risking their lives, arresting, as we repeat, often known terrorists murderers, rapist, child molesters, drug dealers, gang members, cartel members, et cetera. And over seven hundred thousand deported in an entire year the first year of Donald Trump being back in office. That makes our towns more safe and secure, and that brings back law and order, which is unbelievable. That other thing they don't want to deal with is an up and down up or down vote on the issue of whether illegals can in fact vote in elections. Seventy one percent of poll Democrats think that voter idea is appropriate. It's in the eighty percent for Hispanic Americans and African Americans, and ninety one percent among Republicans. Now, it's simple basic election integrity. Both Republicans and Democrats over the years have claimed there's been a lack of integrity and outright fraud Stacy Abrams, Hillary Clinton on the Democratic side, So it's an issue that they they say they care about, but it's very basic. If you want integrity in our election system, you should have law. You know, you should have voter IDs, signature verification, chain of custody controls, updated voter rolls, partisan observers, and every precinct in the country. They watch the voting all day, the vote counting all night. I don't think voting should go on for weeks and weeks in advance of an election. I think you should make exceptions for the elderly, the infirmed, for the military, and that's about it. And when those ballots are mailed in, they should be on a camera surveillance twenty four to seven. And you know what, have the vote counting online if I had my way and also have paper ballots. Democrats don't even want voter ID Chuck Schumer calling it gim crow two point zero.
Speaker 2: But polling does suggest, there's a new PE research poll that ninety percent of Republicans could also seventy one percent of Democrats like this idea.
Speaker 1: So why do you not?
Speaker 3: It's Jim crow two point zero And I called it Jim Crow two point zero, and the right wing went nuts all over the internet. That's because they know it's true. What they're trying to do here is the same thing that was done in the South for decades to prevent people of color from voting. For instance, if you can't if you change you're a woman who got married and changed your last name, you won't be able to show ID, and you'll be discriminated against. If you can't find a birth certificate or a proper ID, you'll be discriminated against. This is vicious and nasty, and I said to our Republican colleagues, it will not pass the Senate. You will not get a single Democratic vote in the Senate. We're not reviving Jim Crow all over the country.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is outrageous that he would make that statement just for voter ID. But if they want to be the party that wants to defund nice ones, no voter ID voted for the largest tax increase in history, Lookings voted for the largest tax cut in history. They voted against cutting taxes for working men and women on tips and overtime. They worked against seniors getting no tax on social security. They're the party that thinks it's the cost of democracy to pay higher gas prices. Energy prices the lifeblood of our economy. That's what Kamala Harris famously said, you know, the party of defund, dismantle, no bail, reimagine the police. I'll take these issues head on every single day of the week, anyway, joining us now to discuss all of the Senator Mike Lee of Utah and Scott Pressler, founder of Early Vote Action, two of the loudest voices, if not the loudest voices getting the word out to the American people about the Save Act. Anyway, Senator Mike Lee, good to have you back. Let's start with you, Jim Crow two point zero to have voter ID and have election integrity so people have confidence in the results.
Speaker 2: This is absurd a look from the Party of Jim Crow. To call this Jim Crow. You've got to have an ID to pick up prescriptions the board an airplane, to go to the doctor, to get a hunting or a fishing license. You've got to have a photo ID to get something out of your bank account. Every human endeavor these days seems to require it already. There are good reasons why we require that, because fraud happens. Happens in our banking system, it happens with prescription drugs or healthcare or whatever else. So it's a part of life now. To call that Jim Crow is really disingenuous. It's also insulfing to the whole lot of people. But he's claiming simply can't be expected to have ID. That isn't true, This is just a sort of race baiting by Chuck Schumer. Doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's something we both know happens every two years and every four years. However, the overwhelming eighty percent of African Americans Hispanic Americans agree that voter ID should be mandated so we can have in tech in our voting system. Scott Pressler, why do you think the Democrats would double down on another eighty twenty issue when they're on the twenty percent side.
Speaker 4: The Democrats are petrified about having save and secure elections because they know that our Congress and our Senate would look much different today if we had secure voting. We look at Minnesota, we broke the story that this is according to the sos sean, one registered voter in Minnesota can vouch for up to eight other persons without an ID. So having a trust me bro election system in Minnesota is the reason why it's been blue even since Mondale. And in Michigan, we have non citizens that are on the voter rolls and we have record of them voting. In California, we had two members of Congress, Steele and Duarte, that lost their respective congressional elections in two thousand, twenty four by fewer than one thousand votes. It's simple. The Democrats care more about power than people, and we are working tirelessly to move forward with the Save America Act.
Speaker 1: Now, a Senator Mike Lee, I don't think that Chuck Schumer is accurate. I think Chuck Schumer is going to lose people like John Fetterman. Do you see any other Democrats going our way on this? And you know, do you see an actual vote happening.
Speaker 2: Look what's going to happen, because it has to. We're going to insist on it. We're going to demand it. So as President Trump. I spent several hours with President Trump yesterday on this. He is as determined on this as I've seen him on any other legislative matter. We are going to have a vote when this thing gets put on the Senate floor, and when we debate it. I hope we are ready and willing to enforce the talking filibuster. If Senators want to philibuster, they must have to speak once we do that. And I believe, in any event, once we cast votes on this, a lot easier said than done for Democrats to say, well I don't like this. Why, Well, because we know that the Trust Need bro arrangement that the Democrats have arranged is a problem, and we know that it's indefensible. And we know that this bill, the Save America Act, is overwhelmingly popular. It's hard to find anything these days that unites a three out of four Americans. Some would say four out of five American. Either way, these are very high margins, and we stretch across regional demographics, against party registration, all kinds of things. This is popular. So I believe in the end, I'll be surprised if we don't get at least some Democrats support. But I believe that we've got to be prepared to put this on the floor and enforce the talking filibuster so that we don't simply defer again and again every time to Democratic obstruction without them having to work for it. We can't give them the prize if they're not willing to earn it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I agree. Now, what is the process, Center League, Because I'll ask you, you're in the Senate and you know process as well as anybody. Do we need a sixty vote threshold, you know, to get an up or down vote on this?
Speaker 2: The way we've been doing things for the last few decades, people anticipate that you would. Now, culture hasn't always been filed, but the filing of cloture has become far more common in recent decades. It used to work both before we adopted the cloture standard. That's the means by which you take a super majority vote. Currently, if it's a free fist marchin or sixty votes, you can bring debate to a close even if there are you know, a few senators who want to continue debate, you can force it that way. You didn't used to have to have that vote. You would instead operate on the basis of what we refer to as exhaustion and consent. You eventually can get people to consent to teeing it up for a vote. And one of the ways that you get there is you've worked by exhaustion. If people want to delay the bills progress court to vote, if they want to continue debating it, they may do so, but they have to actually stand on the Senate floor and speak and take their turn one at a time speaking. Eventually they grow tired of doing it. In some cases, they can exhaust their right to speak. Each senator during one legislative day may give a maximum of two speeches on the same distinct legislative proposal during the same legislative day, and a legislative day can be drawn into multiple calendar days. And this is one of the ways that you enforce the talking filibuster. The fact that we haven't done this in a long time doesn't mean that it's not completely compatible with our rules. It is. Doesn't mean it couldn't work. I believe it would. It just requires more effort on our part and on the part of those who don't want to Save America Act to pass. But fortunately the American people are with us.
Speaker 1: Let's get your take, Scott Pressler, Yes, I.
Speaker 4: Need the people to take accent right now. Everyone. That's the thing that is son Hannity South. Please, member are at their offices right now. Call two O two two two four three one two one. That's the Senate Capitalist switchboard. And here are two acts that I have of you. Call your senator, let them know your name, your zip code, that you're a constituent of the senator, and you're asking them to co sponsor Senator Mike Lee's Save America Act, which is the Proof of Citizenship plus photo voter ID. And then part two. For the thirty six senators that are already co sponsoring this act, ask them to make a public statement that the Save America Act must be brought to the Senate floor for debate, the exact process that Senator Mike Lee was taking about. We are very close to getting this legislation passed. Chip Roy's mirroring bill is going to be voted on, as said by Mike Scalise, Congressman Scalise, this next week, and then let's bring it to the floor in the Senate. This has President Trump's approval, This has eighty two twenty to support. There is no reason why we can't secure our elections and get this passed into last And I will say that if we had one hundred Senator Mike Lee, our country would be secure overnight. So we thank you, senator for all the work that you're doing to secure our elections.
Speaker 1: Well said Senator, We do, thank you very much for everything you're doing. And Scott Presley, thank you to eight hundred and nine four one, Shawn our number. You want to be a part of the program.
Speaker 5: Hannedy, you watch keeping an eye on Chuck and Nancy and their minions.
Speaker 6: John Hennedy.
Speaker 1: Let's get to our busy phones. Kathleen is in Minnesota. I'm so sorry to hear that, especially with what you're living through. Thanks for checking in. How are you.
Speaker 7: That's exactly why I'm calling you, Sean, because what we're living through in Minnesota, and I've got a list of hot things on my list, and to coincide with everything you've been talking about. The first thing on my list is the voter fraud that goes on in Minnesota. Because you know, Obama damp seventy thousand Somalians here, then we got Omar. Omar has the largest illegal, fraudulent voting scheme than any place across the United States and Smallians and other areas of the country. As I understand, you're trying to replicate it. And this is what they do. They drive around Mini or drive around Minneapolis, pick up all these Somalians in their vans, take them to the polls, register them stay same day. Of course, order ID in Minnesota is not required. They register them at the same address as they all live in one apartment building or one apartment themselves, and then they all vote Democrat. And that's how we get Walls and Frey and Ellison and all these people running our state of Minnesota, and they're running us into the ground, and I'm so frustrated with it. I mean, my husband and I Dorknoch. We were Tom Force forty seven captains. You know, I'm involved politically, I'm a leader, but you know, we that live in the rest of the well, we're only fifteen minutes from downtown Minneapolis and ten minutes from downtown Saint Paul. But the outer skirts of Minneapolis or of Minnesota is Republican. But everything that's everyone that votes. It's got all this voter fraud going on in Minneapolis and Saint Paul with the Smolians, and they're the ones that carry the vote. What I don't understand is it's well known, So why isn't something done about it.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be done there. Well, it's going to be done in spite of them. Maybe that's a better way to put it. There's going to be you know, they're going to be people held accountable. I actually believe this time that people will be held accountable because the amount of money we're talking about is just astronomical. We had Ozon later earlier in the program today, and I'm you know, the idea that eighty percent of kids in Minnesota in the Somali community are autistic is complete. PS you see that, you know eighty plus percent are on some welfare of some kind, is you know, unbelievable. John Solomon had reported, you know, piles of cash being taken by and by the way, known by TSA out of the country, millions and millions of dollars. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. And we get into when we get into Illinois, California, New York, it's only going to get worse. Anyway, I appreciate the call. Thanks for checking in eight hundred and ninety four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. By the way, we're going to get into this tonight. I have both cash Patel and Pam BONDI. Remember when Bengazi happened, Ambassador Stevens and others lost their lives. Remember the reaction Clinton when she was asked about what difference does it make at the Bengazi hearings.
Speaker 8: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk when night or decide they'd go kill some Americans. What difference at this point does it make?
Speaker 1: Now? I mean, such callousness is beyond any comprehension. You know. We ended up there was a CIA annex very closely related, very in very close proximity to where this attack was taking place. They knew inside the annex that something was going down, and rightly, brave agents armed, prepared, they were ready to go, and they were ordered to stand down. And they're like, pulling there. I've interviewed these guys, great guys, and then they they went back and they're like, they need our help. Something's going going on here. They're under attack. We've got to go help out our fellow Americans. Dan down. It's you know, lives could have been saved, you know, and it's just it goes against anyway, they eventually left and risked their entire careers in doing so. And anyway, so they made this announcement today, the US arrested this guy, zubay Al how do you say his name? Bagauche alleged to be one of the leaders in this twenty twelve attack on the US consulate in Benghazi. The Attorney General Pam Bondi FBI Director Cash Battel and US Attorney Jeanine Piro announced the arrest today and they will not This guy will now face American justice on American soil. That's how much difference it makes. We'll ask Cash Battel about it. We'll ask Janine Piro about it tonight on Hannity. And then here's Pam taking a shot at Hillary Clinton over her idiotic comments.
Speaker 9: Hillary Clinton famously once said about Bengaze, what difference at this point doesn't make Well, it makes a difference to Donald Trump, It makes a difference to those families, and fourteen years later, it makes a difference to law enforcement who made the difference in this case. Thank you, President Trump for supporting all of our agencies around the country and around the world.
Speaker 1: Well, finally there's going to be some justice for you know, all the victims that died that day. All right, eight hundred nine one. Shaw is a number if you want to be a part of the program.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Nole is in Long Island, New York. What's up, Noel? How are you glad? You called? Sir? Happy super Bowl WEEKA happy.
Speaker 10: Super weekend sewn? It's Noel. Yeah, So I was listening to you guys last night and I heard heard you going back and with the windo. Actually, Wanda, I think airfires are the best thing I actually made.
Speaker 1: Oh good grief.
Speaker 2: Fires.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure they're fine. Let me ask you a question, serious question. When's the last time you had McDonald French fries or Wendy's French fries.
Speaker 10: I have kids, so you can't really go based on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the thing is now, be honest because when my kids were younger, and we'd go to McDonald's and i'd get them their chicken nuggets or their their quarter pounds of which Chet my son could eat like everything. He'd have a quarter pound of a cheese, a fish sandwich, two large fries. You know, he'd go crazy, And to this day he can and he's fit, but he doesn't eat that way anyway. He eats both. My kids are very healthy. But the point is when you get in the car and you go to the drive up window and you take the food and you're handing it back to the kids, do you or do you not slip a couple of fries in your mouth?
Speaker 10: No? I don't because I don't like them.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is impossible. Everybody loves McDonald french fries. They're delicious. I'll even take time to put extra salt on it. I'm saying it Linda's way salt.
Speaker 11: No, but she's right. They don't taste the same. They don't taste good. So you and you get more calories from something that tastes like crap.
Speaker 1: I'm going to eat potatoes, which I don't eat regularly, and I'm going to have a french fry. I want a good one. I don't want an air fried.
Speaker 11: FRYE crispy, healthy french fry. No, actually, let's reset. Have you ever had an air fried fry? Okay, when did you have that? Because you don't own an air fry.
Speaker 1: Actually, I do own an air fry. If you want to know, you don't, you're still full of cracks. I swear I could take a picture of it. I do.
Speaker 11: Okay, take a picture of it. I want to see it.
Speaker 1: It's in my kitchen. I mean, I'm not going what do you want me to do? Go home and take a picture of it? Now?
Speaker 11: I do. Actually I want to see it tonight.
Speaker 1: No, Well, let me just say this. Oh, you know there have been times occasionally late at night I'm exhausted, and I'll order food that I shouldn't eat, and I've ordered McDonald's quarter pounds of cheese frying a very rare or if I'm on the road, sometimes i'll eat food that I normally wouldn't eat. And when I eat those McDonald fries, it's so delicious. Wendy's French fries so delicious. Well, if I can get a white Castle, you know, belly Buster with some fries, delicious, But it's not what I eat every day. You know, I'm pretty disciplined in my eating. That's how I keep my my my beautiful figure for TV. But I'm pretty disciplined in how I eat because I want to be healthy. I want to, you know, stay at my healthy weight. But they taste great on Super Bowl Sunday. I think you should try McDonald's this super Bowl. How's that something?
Speaker 10: Well, let me tell you something I've actually I'm from owned. I've never had white Castle. I won't do it.
Speaker 1: Oh good grief.
Speaker 11: I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 10: I don't know how people eat that.
Speaker 1: It's so delicious. I get double burger, extra onions, extra cheese. Nope, you an extra pickles too. All right, Noel, thank you, appreciate you eight hundred nine four one Seawan. You want to be a part of the program. So all right, you said your family's getting together on Sunday. Okay, I don't want to get into the whole football thing because you're driving me up a wall. I'm watching this game. I want to see the Patriots win, period. So but the point is you're going to be cooking this Sunday.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: You say you're going to be making spinach, dip, air fried French fries.
Speaker 11: One no, no, no, no, no, no, no one.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have brunch.
Speaker 11: I said, if I'm having brunch, those are things I would make if if I was watching a game. But we watch college ball, that's what we watch. But for Sunday, we have two birthdays in our house, so we're having a birthday brunch because it's in between the kids' games. So we're doing a brunch, and I'm making all the things that you have in brunch, which I think is a very nice thing to do.
Speaker 1: Well. I could occasionally go to runch near me and it's a buffet and it's got you know, baked ham and prime rib and you know, eggs, anyway you want them. It's got seafood, it's got crab, legs and crab. That's not brunch.
Speaker 11: Brunch is when you get to have breakfast for lunch.
Speaker 1: Know that is bread. Brunch is I get onions. Here's what I get.
Speaker 11: I get you eat onions at breakfast.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, every day. I hope you got a lot of two with girlllessparagus chopped up with grilled broccoli chopped up and a little bit of holopeno peppers and two eggs over medium. And then I get either prime rib or ham. And that's my breakfast.
Speaker 11: Well that sounds more like dinner to me. But all right, I mean, listen, potato pizzato you do. It rocks your socks. But as far as I'm concerned, breakfast is French.
Speaker 1: Toast and your family into eating. I haven't my First of all, I've been in the studio with you, and and thank god you're in Pennsylvania and I'm in I'm not eating with you, watching you eat that disgusting Linda Blair exorcist, uh projectile vomit, disgusting green kale puke that you drink or the orange puke drink that you have what is that made out of her carrots?
Speaker 11: Carrot ginger, carrots ginger, sometimes sweet potatoes depends.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sweet potatoes, okay. And for you just imagine the Exorcist projectile vomit sing and imagine that puke green or puke orange mess. And that's that's what it looks like to me.
Speaker 11: Listen, that's could throw you could throw up from.
Speaker 1: Any By the way, Carol is inflammatory. How stupid is it that have kale?
Speaker 11: You used to love kale. You used to bake kale in the oven and put salt all over it.
Speaker 1: No, I never made James your slipping. You are going totally Joe Biden that.
Speaker 11: The evening storm is coming in big time.
Speaker 1: I have never liked kale. I watched you chips. You by the way, you introduced me to kale chips, and I went peh no.
Speaker 11: And then you made them at home and you like them.
Speaker 1: And I never made a kale chip in life ever, My god, you so never Kenny and Indiana, what's up? Kenny?
Speaker 5: I like creak fries myself, but you know.
Speaker 1: What kind of fries a oil?
Speaker 5: Indiana craik fries. What are they slice that potatoes? Slice the potatoes? But bacon, onions, salt and little salt and pepper, wrapman aluminum foil. Uh. You can cook them on a grill or make them in the oven.
Speaker 1: Kenny's in my camp. Kenny is the real man. He's the real guy.
Speaker 11: No, he's not using oil. He's wrapping it in foil with bacon, which has natural you know, moisture.
Speaker 1: Through butter or any kind of oil on it.
Speaker 11: He didn't. I didn't say butter. I said oil.
Speaker 1: I'm asking do you put any anything on it? Kenny?
Speaker 5: You can't put butter on it. Mainly we just put a lot of bacon on top of it.
Speaker 1: And probably you see, most people don't understand. But being the chef that I was at thirteen, I can tell you the key to cooking perfect meat is moisture. The moisture can come from either olive oil or avocada.
Speaker 11: Oil or bacon and cook fries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, see that love fat. You know how you learned something today?
Speaker 11: How about that?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: How do you like How do you like your bacon? Cook? I like do you? I bet you like it crispy? Don't you know?
Speaker 5: I like it a little salt?
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you like it? In the crispy, right, I make it crispy.
Speaker 11: I make it on the on the girl.
Speaker 1: Huh okay. I like undercook bacon. Oh bro lightly cooked bacon is what it's called.
Speaker 11: This is some silence of the lamb stuff. I'm out.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, last word, Kenny. We'll give it to you anyway.
Speaker 5: I called it about to say act. A little update on that. It's easy to get a photo ID. A little backstory. My ex wife left me and my son when he was eighteen months old. I was a single parent for a long time. She started trying to come back into his life and wanted him, wanted to take him on vacation with her. When he was about ten years old, somewhere in that neighborhood, I took him his birth certificate and went to our local license branch in Indiana and got an Indiana state issued photo ID for a.
Speaker 2: Ten year old.
Speaker 5: So when Chuckie Schumer says it's too difficult, he's thinking people are stupid, or imposing that people are stupid and they're not. A photo ID is simple to get.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, honestly, it's pretty remarkable to me that you know you need a photo I d get pulled over by a cop. You go get a passport, you go through TSA to get it on an airplane. I mean, it's used in every aspect of our life. It is not with you know, and now on this issue that turning into racism because it's voting. The only reason I can think you don't want voter IDs, signature of verification, all the things I talk about all the time, is but they have nefarious intentions, and that is you don't want honest elections with integrity so everyone can have confidence in the results. Everybody should agree on this as a matter of fact, most Americans do. Is another eighty twenty issue they're on the wrong side of anyway, my friend, I do appreciate the call. Have a great Super Bowl Sunday, you and your family, and one day I'll cook for maybe one day I do a big cooking extravagance. We'll do a cook off. Linda, how's that.
Speaker 11: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: That will go viral, go viral. I'm gonna win.
Speaker 11: We'll go with air Frier to air Frier.
Speaker 1: And we'll have like a you know, I'll make like a buffet. You make your own little buffet, your little spinach dip and your kale shakes and your carrot shakes and your air fried French fries versus my French fries. But you're done. It's over. Game set match will continue, all right, Hannity tonight, nine Eastern on the Fox News Channel. All right, we have big news today as it relates to another major arrest for Trump's DOJ and FBI. The Benghazi terrorist suspect has now been extradited to the US. Cash Fattel, the FBI director. Jeanine Piro, US attorney for DC, will join us. We'll update you on Nancy Guthrie all coming upst DVR, nine Eastern, Hannity on Fox. We'll see you tonight. Back here on Monday. Have a great Super Bowl weekend, Go Pats, and we'll talk about food on Monday.