Speaker 1: Hope when we talk back where we encourage you to hustle hard, laugh louder, and always keep it cute. So grab your coffee, cocktail and crown because it's about to go talk.
Speaker 2: We're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion.
Speaker 1: Who talks. What's up, y'all? It's your girl a j holiday. What's up, tam Bam?
Speaker 2: I'm tam Bam and I have cramps?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Shit hurts so bad? Oh my god, Alicia, know you're still alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're still a woman. You haven't transitioned in any capacity.
Speaker 2: No, I have not.
Speaker 1: I be needing to see my period every month. I don't know how these bitches get put on these birth control pills where they don't have a period. That's weird to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to. I'm scared of it. I just don't want to feel cramps anymore.
Speaker 1: Do you use cups? Are you still use just pads? What the cups?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like my period go off real fast with the cups.
Speaker 2: Something is disgusting.
Speaker 1: It is it could be real nasty. I pull it out in a shower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first of all, I'm disgusted with myself every month anyway, right, I got that cup, No get out of here.
Speaker 1: I'd definitely be using those little soft cups because I just don't I can't get with the pad either. And then I you know, I just got over using tampons, like I use tampons, like if I have to go out somewhere, I might pop one in. But I don't like using tampons either.
Speaker 2: Girl, I use them always. Z's the diaper shit, I wear them all day. I don't wear them just at night.
Speaker 1: The panty.
Speaker 2: Yeah that like it's like it depends. Yes, Yeah, I'm gonna tell you. I'm a funny story. So but I got a new card January. My range Rover was just giving me problems and like I had an electrical issue in the middle of the night in the dark on seventy seven where there's no lights, so the lights went out. I couldn't see the car was dark inside and outside. So I finally got the lights to come on and then they went off. I was following behind an eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, your head lights was off.
Speaker 2: Every oh every light in the inside and the outside wasn't no lights. I was just in pitch black darkness and I was scared. It's seventy seven, ain't no you know, it's no lights on were to a certain part of seventy seven, there's no lights, just woods. So imagine going through that in the dark and the only light you got is an eighteen wheeler in front of you. Break lights. So I had to pee, y'all, And I didn't want to stop because.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, sorry, man, you are nuts.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to stop because if I stopped, I didn't know if I was gonna have another car to help me get through because it was late. It was super late. So all right, I'm wantly telling y'all this because we family. I peded my alwaysies.
Speaker 1: Just so nasty.
Speaker 2: It works.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel it was it warm do it.
Speaker 2: Worked, It absorbed so well, like I didn't feel gross at all. This could be a commercial for the fucking Always.
Speaker 1: You definitely need to add.
Speaker 2: I was in danger. I felt like I was in danger. I had I had to piece so bad, and I beed in that thing and I ain't feel like I had on no diaper or nothing.
Speaker 1: Always zs ads that we talked back, okay, because we have tested and approved yes, and it has stood the test of urine so because it's not even made for that.
Speaker 2: It's not but it worked. So yeah, I did that. That happened. It was an emergency situation. You guys, don't judge me anyway. How was your gonna judge you?
Speaker 1: Man, I'll be talking shit forever now. You should have never told me no shit like that.
Speaker 2: Whatever. I don't care. I live in my truth. It's my truth. It don't hurt me. How was your weekend?
Speaker 1: It was real like outside it rained, like today is the first sunny day in some some days, like it's been just nasty outside, cold, ragning. My my two of my friend's kids graduated from college. So my best friend Priscilla had a party for her her son. He graduated from Savannah State. So I'm so proud of Micah. I remember him as a little baby like these all my kids.
Speaker 2: Now they graduated from college.
Speaker 1: Girl like graduating from college like about to be like real life adult adults around here. Yeah, so he graduated. I cooked some stuff post and took over there the bitch I took. I took some shrooms Friday night. Too late.
Speaker 2: I saw that even the story you posted a little mushroom with sparkles all over.
Speaker 1: It, girl, this particular strand had me like my eyesight was so enhanced, like things were breathing, Like I'm online because I'm planning on making my own I won't tell y'all. I'll just show you all the pictures when I do it for my birthday. But I'm making something some arts and craft type shit, right, So it was like a roll of I'm on Amazon. This is these are these are Amazon images. Okay, just imagine like a roll of vinyl. This ship was like breathing, like I can't I could see that unroll. And this is the first time I've actually had like actual like visual type things happen on shrooms. But I never went to sleep. I didn't go to sleep from Friday morning until like eleven twelve o'clock on Saturday night. Cause like Friday night, like when I got.
Speaker 2: I was in bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was in bed, but like one turn of two, two, turning three, three, turning four, five point twenty two, I got. I just got up out the bed and went to the gym. When got my tools done.
Speaker 2: Started putting and ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wheel day, and then I crashed, yeah hard, two hours and I had to get up and go take the food and hang out.
Speaker 2: Over there for a little bit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I still feel kind of exhausted, but I cannot wait to do it again. I'm not really a drug addict, and I really don't have like an addictive personality and shit like I like the anticipation to doing the things, like it's like a treat, Like, yeah, man, on Friday, I'm gonna do such and such on.
Speaker 2: Friday, I'm gonna do drugs. Sounds like a drug addict. Three, I don't know you, guys, I got up.
Speaker 1: I'm not a drug addict. If I can like paste myself a step.
Speaker 2: Acknowledgment whatever. Listen, all right, So what did I do this weekend? I'm still doing that seventy five hords, So I just working out. Sometimes I get tired of working out. I ain't gonna lie, but it is what it is. I'm on day thirty seven, y'all. Hype me up, Hype me up. I hyped me up. I love that song Informations Flip of Tea. But anyway, I tried to go to the lake, but it was so nasty out. The weather was so bad and it was probably some snakes out there, so I just did my outdoor walk in the plaza of a shopping center, just walking up and down the plaza because it was just too gross outside. My weekend was uneventful. It's like, that's all I got to tell y'all. I walked a grocery store plaza.
Speaker 1: That's the old white ladies shit. You don't want people be up early in the morning walking the circumference of the mall or like inside the mall.
Speaker 2: Mall walkers of America. Yeah, that was it was me. That's all. I can't. I have nothing else spicy or juicy to tell y'all. Mother's Day, I chill with my mom. We was gonna go pick strawberries, but the weather so yeah, that was it.
Speaker 1: Well, we have strawberry We have strawberry vines here in Charleston.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, the street cattle farm. Shout out to Coddle, let's get in the sea.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay. So y'all know this graduation season and uh, social media has given Tony Braxton like a little backlash, right because of her chosen apparel for her son's graduation from Howard University. She had on like like a black lace number, like some panty type thing, and the skirt was like all lace see through and she had on like a little fascinator type hat with like the lace in the front, so you would think she would have been going to like a stripper funeral. I'm not sure that's what it looked like as opposed to her son's graduation, but the is like, come on, Tony, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, exactly, she's total motherfucking Braxton. Please don't play with her. But however, a comma you could have at least covered jazz up Tony. She had on draws with a lace slip over the top of it. Yes, that was a lot, but she Tony.
Speaker 1: So yeah, then it's supposed to be about your son, you know what I'm saying. Like you are Tony Braxton. His mom is the Tony Braxton, right, so let him have his moment with his robe on.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And I'm pretty sure a lot of people was paying attention to Tony Braxton and y'all, so people like, ah, she's damn near sixty year woman. So Tony Braxton is fifty seven, she's she's she's a libra. So it could balance on either fuck the side of hole and wholesome. And that's what you get.
Speaker 2: I think that's healthy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, what y'all saying righteous and ratchet, like we need both, you know, important renaissance When like Bernice Burgo's daughter just got married and Bernice had on because you know, Bernice has been known the upstage a bitch for her special day, you know, but she did not do that to her daughter.
Speaker 2: She had on this blue number that didn't show any body part whatsoever, and it was very flowing.
Speaker 1: It was cultural attire, I believe they. I don't know Bernice. She looks a little I don't know, like Somalian or Ethiopian or maybe Indian. It was like more like an Indian kind of Arabian attire kind of number like the gowns, you know what I'm saying, going.
Speaker 2: To Dubai Aladdin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I mean she looked like Jasmine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she could have been easily been Jasmine. Jasmine had at least her waistline out, Like I feel like you could have word that. It still made it sexy if you wanted to, but she did not. She looked very humble and still beautiful, but very humble. I pay. I feel like that's what maybe Tony could have did for the graduation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she could have had on white instead of black, Like, where are you going? Did she have a funeral to go to afterwards? I hope my even like right, because she's on the sheer bottom. So he going out at the funeral looking like that anyway?
Speaker 2: Anyway, So, Tory Lanez was stabbed fourteen times, including seven wounds to his back, fourth to his torso, two to the back of his head, and one to the left side of his face. Both of his lungs collapsed and he was placed on a breathing apparatus. He is now breathing on his own. Despite being in pain, he is talking normally, in good spirits and deeply thankful to God that he's pulling through. He also wants to thank everyone for the continued prayers and support. Damn.
Speaker 1: That was from the real reporter, Lauren Larrossa right her social media brown girl grind grinding. Yeah, that's nuts. He had to have been laying down or something.
Speaker 2: Do somebody fail?
Speaker 1: That's too many times, you know, like he Yeah.
Speaker 2: Damn, I don't like that. I hate that for him, even if he did shoot it. Uh her, I don't make.
Speaker 1: This sound to get killed, you know, and I mean you know, of course the internet is saying like, oh, that's what you get. Like the time he's gotten ten years is probably enough, right, like excessive. Yeah, the thing I think that people don't take into consideration on going into prison, like you can rack up other charges, just trying to survive, just trying to just trying to live. And you could be as calm, cool to yourself as you want to be, but you are dealing with a lot of different personalities. You are dealing with real killers, murderers, child molesters, just the craziest of the craziest. And he's in California prison. I looked it up. So he's in a California state prison. And you know he's Canadian, so people just know him as Tory Lane's a rapper. No, he got homeboys in there. Was he associated with any gangs or anything?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I don't think so ganggang activity, but.
Speaker 1: I mean that could be a thing, right that could have possibly caused him to get stabbed. We don't know. I mean, it's just it's just it's prison.
Speaker 2: So on our we talked back page today. The question I went out, would you do five months for your boyfriend so he doesn't to prevent him for new in five years?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, they stabbing motherfuckers in there. You think I'm going there?
Speaker 1: No, Hell, I'm not going to prison.
Speaker 2: What about your husband?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going to jail willingly for anybody. Anybody who's never been actually arrested will probably be like, yeah, I could do it, unless I am forced to do that shit based on some shit I did, or they just just convicted me. But if I had a choice, absolutely fucking not. No, I'd not been in jail before, like just a short period of time on some bullshit. I've been arrested before, and I do.
Speaker 2: You haven't been, I said before.
Speaker 1: I have, and it was licensed driver.
Speaker 2: No I was, I wasn't twenty, I wasn't. So arrested means you have to actually go to jail. Yes, No, I've been in handcuffs and placed in the back of a squad car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 2: Way I did jail before. I way right out the backseat.
Speaker 1: I tried, and the officer told me to shut the fuck up. Things like this happened sometimes, damn, I said, Okay, So I went to my pot and cooked his ass up, and guess what, he went to jail a couple months later, and my tickets were all thrown out in court. Yes, damn yeah, because he ended up he had never been to jail a day in his life either. While he's telling me, shit like this happens, and I said, you ever been to jail before? And he said no. I said, Okay, then shit like this don't just be happening. You're ruining my fucking day.
Speaker 2: Were you right? Were you wrong? Did you do something wrong?
Speaker 1: I was driving with a suspended license that I didn't know. I had got a ticket at floor and they sent the ship to South Carolina, so I had paid the I paid the tickets, but I didn't pay to reinstate my license, apparently, just not knowing. I was like twenty twenty one. Yeah, yeah, and I've had one other brush, you know, well, brushing with the law.
Speaker 2: Just the back of the squad car was hard. I knew that I could not go.
Speaker 1: I was too big for the back of that ship. Man, You fucking need be right on the wall. Girl. They put me in the paddy wagon. They had like a van come pick me up, not because I'm too big for the van, like for the car, not just for transportation. And it was like some other people on the other side of the it's like a van, right, but it's yes, And I could hear like crazy people on the other side. Girl, when we got to the county jail. Why was there some bitches from Benedict.
Speaker 2: Hey girl, your mother is for stealing books.
Speaker 1: They got to rush for stealing people's books.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering who the crazy people were on the other side. And the whole time is some classmates and it works.
Speaker 2: You just trying to get to work and they know they were stealing people of books to get the cash back. That's from the bookstore.
Speaker 1: That's stealing people books to resell them, is what they were doing. Yeah, that's fucked up, girl.
Speaker 2: But yeah, anyway, Tory Lanez, we hope you heal up. I mean, jail is enough. You don't have to get stabbed up in there. I know, man, I.
Speaker 1: I mean I always have. It's a hard you know, people online saying he deserves this, he deserves that. It is so hard for me to like condemn people. That is not for individuals to do. The universe gonna always get your ass, you know what I'm saying. It doesn't need people to Oh that's that's what he gets. You don't know when your time is going to come for some ship you should get. You know what I'm saying, So be mindful when you speaking shit over other people life. It could be your turn one day.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 1: So. So Marlon Wayne said that he never got married because he says, I never got married because I never wanted my mother to be jealous of a woman. I never wanted my mother to feel second to any woman. That is weird and it sounds like an Oedipus complex because what he's amished. Don't they have a dad?
Speaker 2: They?
Speaker 1: Oh, the dad passed away? No, his mother passed away, hold on it says. He also told The New York Times that his mother's death broke and shattered him into a million pieces because she was his girl. Marlon was in a long term relationship with Angela Zachary from nineteen ninety two to twenty thirteen, and together they have two children. His mother, Elvira Waynes, passed away at the age of eighty one and twenty twenty. So he never married anybody because his mom was his old lady. That's weird. She got enough sons, right, She's a lot of yr niggas.
Speaker 2: All right. That's a weird reason. That's excuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he full of ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah this sounds ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't got a woman that had her waiting around for how many years, gave her two kids, but would never commit to her.
Speaker 2: And now you want your mama to be jealous? Boy, go to hell.
Speaker 1: And and this is exactly why I like niggas were mamas, because this is what he said. I'm not going to be that mama, because I'm gonna be happily married.
Speaker 2: You probably was like, now see he on their line from the grave, right, she can't even defend that bush. Yeah, they're lying. Don't put that ship on me. They didn't have nothing to do with me. They had to do with your unwillingness to commit, not me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's some bullshit. I had a conversation with a good friend of mine recently and I was like, damn man, people really taking taking panhand handling to the next level. So we want to talk about social media panhandling.
Speaker 2: What is it they talk about.
Speaker 1: Niggas begging for money online? Maybe somebody you know or strangers. Has it ever happened to you?
Speaker 2: I want to learn how to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about it when we come back after this break So a friend of ours sent me some screenshows yesterday of some of our old classmates basically asking him for money on social media. Now I've heard of this happening. I know I've always been mean, you know back then. Now people just never played with me for real, Like I just know they probably look at me like, damn, I can't ask her. She's gonna tell people type shit. You better make sure the person you asking ain't gonna tell me either, because I'm a still tell people. So he sent me like screenshots with three different niggas like and you would think that these people be popping, right. So I know there are instances where people hack people's Facebook pages and stuff like that, because it happened recently. I sent my niece twenty five dollars last week because my little cousin was messaging her from jail on Facebook saying he needed a couple of dollars right, So I sent her to twenty five dollars to them send him. And I'm like, that shit don't sound right. So we hit up his sister and she was she was like, yeah, that's a fake page, like somebody basically hijacked this shit. But they had the like they were talking to my niece, like, yeah, man, I go to court such and such date like with them or these these people in other countries, they study your page so they know like how to talk to your people. It's fucking weird. Yeah, so asking questions that don't make no sense, right, So we do have the scamming type of panhandling, right from people maybe hijacking somebody else's page. But then there are instances where they these people are actually people you know that might be hitting you up randomly. You haven't seen her spoken to, never was even friends with.
Speaker 2: I've had that hack for quite a bit here, and sometimes I send it. Sometimes I send the money, especially if it's like asking me for forty dollars forty five dollars. What you're gonna do with that? You can't do shit. You can't even feel Can you fill up a tank with twenty five forty dollars?
Speaker 1: You can't even buy a crack with forty dollars no more. I'm pretty sure if it's some drug addict type shit, what are you doing with that money? You can't do nothing, I guess if they send it to you and then they send it to about five other people shit, yeah, they add up. Yeah, because people who like panhandle on the streets. I don't seen them pull out of water money because that's literally their job. It is a job, having to ask people for money all day long and stand in the sun. You know what I'm saying, looking the way they're looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, that's crazy. Because when we were in Atlanta, we were leaving our hotel, he was waiting on valet to bring the car up to the front. You had one to the other side, and this black man was out there barefoot and with a blanket wrapped around him, and it was early and I gave him. I had two ones in my purse and I gave him the two ones. He said, thank you, ma'am. This is the first money I made all day. And I was thinking, made motherfucker. I value you that you didn't make that.
Speaker 1: He didn't make it. It is a job to beg people for money. That is. Panhandling is a job in Chicago, don't you know. They make them have a license to panhandle, so the government want they cut up here. You are here, if you out here asking people for money, the government make you get a fucking They got to carry like the little lantern on their neck for panhandling. Shit is fucking nuts.
Speaker 2: Government cut.
Speaker 1: So I've never had anybody mess me. I remember you told me one time this girl messaged her ass on Facebook for somebody she did.
Speaker 2: She messaged me for eighty dollars and I sent it to her. I sent it to her, and then I ran it to her at the nail shop getting uh, fucking diamonds all over her motherfucking nail, but.
Speaker 1: Offfin shape.
Speaker 2: You need to be getting at ain't it? Ain't it? Or not even a well fucking with my eighty dollars.
Speaker 1: I've seen this post this weekend or justin the boy page. It was like it's something about a nigga buying his mama a Mother's Day gift. When he owed me money, right, buy his mama flowers? You got some nerves, right, where's my money?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You got my money? Remember that on the family Guy? You got my money. I don't like all the people money, No, absolutely not. And you know I'll never understand how homegirls. I have some friends who well I don't really won't even call these people friends actually, because I don't think my actual friends have ever asked me for money. If I sense. You need something, you're gonna have it anyway. But I've had bitches asked me for money. I'm like, girl, you just just telling me about this dude you're fucking on, Like, why are you ask him? First?
Speaker 2: I had a friend that I loved dearly and sometimes I still miss her. But we fell out about money because all right, she said she didn't have money, and I was like, okay, I got you because if I got it, I got you, right, because that's what friends do. Mm hm. But it got it got excessive, you know, it got excessive, and she got this nigga over and she asked me, could I buy her some weed? Yeah, she was tripp and it's a nigga sitting right in the living room ready to smoke. No, I asked that to get the long weed. I'm not buying you no drugs. I bought your food. I bought you, I did your hair, I bought do something the word to the club and.
Speaker 1: You're gonna suck his dick. You anybody give me no head?
Speaker 2: Right? But right? And you asked him and I was like, ask him, No, it wasn't even the weed I had already bought that. She was like, can you buy a cigar.
Speaker 1: Damn. So you just applying everybody everything and.
Speaker 2: He's sitting in the living room. I was like, ask him to go get one. She's like, I don't want to ask him for that. I don't want to ask them. So I came to the living room. I was like, oh, can you go? Can you go to the store and get a cigar? He was like, yeah, no problem, And then she got mad at me and put me out of her house.
Speaker 1: For asking him to do his job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, women, women be taking men's jobs away. Like, at what point, why are you why? Why do women feel ashamed of asking men for anything? Because men, baby, they don't mind asking you for everything. Out of the sign cooochie mouth air, they want all that shit. So if they don't mind asking you for anything, what's the problem. Yeah, So I want to read one of these messages, okay, because this is an example of how they're gonna ask you for money. Could and I believe this is the actual person because of the way he's speaking, right, because in Charleston we'd be like my guy, right. So the message starts off as suck my guy, and my friend responds back, we're going on. He said, Hey, a, my dog, I in New Orleans. Fuck up, I need some gas money, man, low ten fifteen if you can, I call him all type of people man. And so he my friend responds back and says, I'm in Charlotte at the strip club throwing money on the floor. How I'm supposed to do that? And do responding back, you got cash app? This nigga responds back to him and say, yeah, bro, how the hell you get all the way to New Orleans from Charleston? Fuck up.
Speaker 2: That, y'all?
Speaker 1: Right, that shitdn't like to fucking die. He said, I live here, bubba, I can't get my check toe after two. Man, just a little situation. And he was like, I, what's the phone number so I can send? Just send the cash app name. Yeah, So he just the cash up. Yeah, So he did send him a couple of dollars.
Speaker 2: That was nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess it's Look, this is not for motherfucker to be hitting me up. But if somebody were to and I could verify it's actually them and I can spare it, I'm gonna give it to you.
Speaker 2: So first of all, all right, this is how we're gonna bag for money, y'all, you say two nice things to them first before you ask. Because he said my guy and what else he called him bruh, big bro. No, it was too nice. No, it was two nice of these in the beginning.
Speaker 1: Let me see, hold on, let me get back to it.
Speaker 2: So I would be like, because I'm gonna ask a nigga for some money.
Speaker 1: No, he said, ain't my dog? I New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Fuck up, ain't my dog?
Speaker 1: It was one more that's it something my guy, my guys and my dog and my dog.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I had some bullshit, So set up and set it up right, y'all, say two nice things.
Speaker 1: And the person who asked for this money. When I tell y'all, when I was in middle school, I loved this nigga. We used to be in this after school programming like uh like tutors.
Speaker 2: When his mom was taking care of him, making sure he was.
Speaker 1: He was always so cute and little and black like I loved him. And then he just he had women relationships really like you know, they shape your future. So the girl he had kids by super hood rat. You know what I'm saying, It is crazy like that might have been that girl went to jail for some ship like she was in federal prison at some point. I feel like that shaped his future, damn. And I remember talking to him and he told me how she basically like debowed him into a relationship before they even had kids because she was bigger than them. Some rescu shit like, You're gonna be with me and we're gonna have kids. Nigga, I'm gonna go to the Feds and you go take care and while I'm in there, and then I'm gonna come back.
Speaker 2: You tell all these people.
Speaker 1: My bad job. Don't try to fight me. But anyway, y'all, there are legal ways to panhandle out here. You do not have to message strangers or even people you know and risk the chance of being exposed. You know, because now here I am talking about your ass. O.
Speaker 2: Before you tell the legal ays, can I tell you something I do and I want you all to participate in and support of me. This year, I post my cash up on my birthday. It's so tacky, but I do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's nice to get like, you know, a little show me, show me, you let.
Speaker 2: Me a little bit, lend me forty dollars for my fortieth and if everybody do it, I got twenty three thousand followers. If everybody sit before forty dollars, I'll be up. But John don't want to participate.
Speaker 1: Bitch, is just your birthday. You ain't selling nothing. You ain't selling no T shirts, no, nothing like just your birth and joy. Girl by it is not enough, not enough joy. Your joy costs too much. Got a hot five dollars for you? You might get five dollars out of twenty three thousand people.
Speaker 2: I take that too shit?
Speaker 1: Right, me too shit? So this is on I can help dot net. It says understanding panhandling in the digital age, because that's where we are, Like, you really don't have to stand on the streets no more. And here at the mall in Charleston, this isn't really panhandling, but it's like borderline. So these kids they make like the roses here in Charleston, out of the out of the soft grass, Jesus Christ, I of like the little They call it meta. I can't remember the actual name of the grass, the sweet grass. Basically, they make roses. And it's like you can't go in the mall without buying rolls from these niggas. They are there every day and I would prefer I prefer them to be doing this as opposed to robbin and getting into trouble. So I try to give them money every time, but I don't always have cash.
Speaker 2: How much do it?
Speaker 1: It's like five dollars and it usually asks for donation, right, but they want they want some money for the roads, because they do you know, they go pick the grass and they make the rolls make it. Yeah, but I not had enough of them shit and they just dry out in the car. But I don't want to have to pay y'all five dollars every time and go in the mall.
Speaker 2: Well you don't.
Speaker 1: You can say no, I do be saying, though, I'll say I don't have cash and guess what you got cash? Up? I don't got cash, app I don't. I've been stop using cash ap years ago, So yeah, I'm not and I'm just not. If I don't have the cash on me, you can't panhandle me. And another thing I do when somebody's walking up asking for money, I immediately ask them first because you kind of already know they come and that especially can't I get a dollar real fast, Atlanta?
Speaker 2: I do that. I definitely ax him for it because it used to get outrageous there, it's just too much. No, I ran out of give it free money this week?
Speaker 1: Really, So what is panhandling? Panhandling traditionally involves individuals, often homeless or in financial distress, asking for money in public places like streets. In recent years, however, panhandling has shifted into the digital realm through platforms like gofund me, Instagram, PayPal, TikTok Live. On these platforms, viewers can give gifts to influencers, which can be converted into real money. This online form of panhandling, often rooted in necessity, also includes requests to cover significant expenses like medical bills and funerals. Yet, because you know a lot of people use GoFundMe.
Speaker 2: I'mbout to say it's fund considering panhandling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It's begging, yes, So yeah, what about apps like Kickstarter for entrepreneurs?
Speaker 1: They have that also on the list. So that's all you're gonna get into the different types of because that's not really panhandling. But it is like you have some people who are philanthropists and they might have some extra money. You know, they can sign up for these sites. You can go on in beg and if you're if your beg is good enough, they might fund whatever it is you're trying to do. Exactly. It's one I called fund my travel, So if you want a trip, you can get people to fund your trip.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm getting on there until life, I knew.
Speaker 1: You would find that one interesting. Yes, it says, Yet it can extend to funding for non essential items such as luxury electronics. While digital platforms offer panhandlers access to a much larger larger audience, they also raise concerns about the potential for dishonesty and exploitation, because we already know, like the people on the streets, some of them don't even be There's videos of bitches like getting out the wheelchair, putting a wheelchair in the trunk and hopping on a BMW and driving off after panhandling at McDonald's all day. So it happens. It's a salary. Especially living in places like New York, you got access to all these people all day long.
Speaker 2: Like, well, maybe we should do like a experiment and I get outside ship and post up in like a very popular intersection and see how much money I can make it eight hours, y'all?
Speaker 1: Had you got to turn this into an experiment. It's not an experiment, you, No.
Speaker 2: We want to see how it works and then we'll we'll so we'll you're gonna give the money back?
Speaker 1: How I am I find these people, we can get the money back. Once the cameras close, we can we.
Speaker 2: Can donate the money to a homeless shelter.
Speaker 1: Why do you need to see how panhandling works for you?
Speaker 2: I want to see how much people, how much you can make, and then like maybe we could make it racial and we'll get a white girl to do it too the next day to contest and see who make the most money. There's gonna be a contest, not a contest, but like a social experiment.
Speaker 1: So whitehanders make ye?
Speaker 2: Do white women make? Our people more giving to white women than black women?
Speaker 1: Me personally, I don't give I'm sorry, y'all, I'm going to say this.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I only give money to black women home, and sometimes I might give money to a black man. I just feel like white people got like so much privilege, Like why are you using your white privilege to get money out? Like legitimately, right, even you, a bum on the street, would still have a better opportunity at getting this job than a black person with a degree get in that position. It literally happens. So for you to just be bucking the system and begging for my money on the street, I really don't respect it, not to get and old people, old people and black people. I'm giving them the.
Speaker 2: Money every time. Yeah, no matter what their color they yeah yeah, but yeah, like yeah, if you a young white man, it's hard to get a dollar out of me. Yeah, you got all the advantage.
Speaker 1: And the problem is with that. Also, it makes I feel a little bad about it because a lot of them are like veterans, and we know they put veterans on all these drugs, but there are also a lot of program programs yeah, and things that they can take advantage of. They don't have to be on the streets. But a lot of them they want to do their own thing. They don't want to have to answer to anybody. So they just really just buck in the system. And they think we're supposed to finance it. No, go get the help, because there's a lot of programs and you know people that that will help you can get money, get housing, get food stamps, all the things. They rather live in the woods and shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: So impacts the genuine needs, so challenges for those in real need with an increased amount of false information. Those who are in actual need slash desperate need of money they cannot get from insurance or family face significant challenges. Panhandling legally allows them to ask for funds while decreasing possible feelings of shame or weakness. It becomes easier to ask for help directly with the ability of false pretenses and no way to tell them apart. So, okay, I go to public's. I swear to god, it's a new guy up there with one leg. It was a white guy up there with one leg for the longest. Now it's a black guy up there with one leg. I'm like, are y'all sitting on your leg?
Speaker 2: Right? Is this the scam?
Speaker 1: The white guy, I've seen him on the crutches with the one leg, But this dude was up in the sitting on a a in a wheelchair.
Speaker 2: And then I also see.
Speaker 1: How I would see it on his butt.
Speaker 2: Then you weren't looking at his butt. You weren't doing all that.
Speaker 1: You think the man in the wheelchair was sitting on it or the guy is standing up.
Speaker 2: Both of them might have been standing.
Speaker 1: No, the guy sat up. I've definitely seen his butt. I've seen his back, not necessarily his butt.
Speaker 2: What kind of freak? Shut up? You go work for.
Speaker 1: So and then you see like families, they have the kids out there, and.
Speaker 2: I've seen it. They'll get money out of me every time.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're like Palestinian. I've seen him in Charlotte too. They're here in Charleston. They like they look kind of yeah, no gypsies. They don't look like gypsies. I know what gypsies look like. These people, I'm not sure. But they have the kids with them. They're well dressed, you know what I'm saying. They don't look dirty or anything like that. And you know they have a sign telling you exactly why they need the money.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And I find a hard time giving them money too, Why because I feel like I'm being finessed, Like I feel like, not because they're not dirty, but I just feel like there are resources out here that you don't have to be doing that. I just don't. I don't believe you. And then you're adding the kids for a little razzal dazzle. I don't trust you.
Speaker 2: Here to take it.
Speaker 1: And just because somebody looks like they have it regular day to day. People who are working don't eat at night, you know they are.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to make it Mama's going out to being hungry so their kids can.
Speaker 1: Yes. So like you know, hunger doesn't have a look to it. So you never know what the next person is going through while you just out here panhandling, probably taking their last to give it to you. So and it says the ethical concerns and exploitation says. However, the same the same ease of access also opens the door for exploitation, as some panhandlers use platforms like GoFundMe or TikTok live to request money for non essential luxuries such as gaming consoles or vacations. The autonomy of the Internet removes much of the shame or hesitation involved in face to face begging, leading an ethical concern leading to ethical concerns about transparency and honesty. Without strict legal regulations governing online solicitation, it becomes easier for individual individuals to obscure their true intentions, manipulating the generosity of donors. So this raises concerns and questions of whether there should be a better oversight to prevent fraudulent or selfish campaigns. I think there should be something.
Speaker 2: Did you see where that one white lady called that a black kid a racial slur on the playground and they raise saving hundred thousand dollars for that woman girl.
Speaker 1: That should piss me off. Yeah, that really piss me off, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why is that being rewarded? That's so ugly. And then but then I heard that black man who yeah, that's I was just about to say, that's not just they wouldn't allow him to have one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we know that white supremacists raised millions of dollars for these people who do mass shootings and all that shit. So why did GoFundMe apologize to the Minnesota police? Basically because they they were allowing money to be raised. His name is Hinton Hinting. It was allowed allowing money to be raised for him. The son has a separate goal funding that they haven't taken down, but they have removed the guy who who shot the police officer, I mean, who ran the police officer over the father. They took his page down.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't agree with what he did, but if I just feel like if it's goose, good for the Goose is good for the game, the life. If you allow one thing, you should allow for everyone.
Speaker 1: Don't absolutely can choose Rodney Hinton Junior, that's his name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't agree. I understand, but I don't agree, you know, And.
Speaker 1: I feel like you should be able to panhandle. If they're going to make it illegal, like something you can actually do, you should be able to do it. Anybody should be able to do it, and anybody should be able to support that cause, no matter what it is, what y'all are doing is taking away his ability to defend himself because I do feel like he was experiencing a moment of mental instability, like his son had just got killed. The wife said, his son had just got murdered, and he's just had seen a video for the first time, and he just put the phone down and hopped in his fucking truck and he just hit a police officer, well, a retired police officer. It wasn't even the person who killed his son.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That's the part that really uh yeah, yeah, but I don't feel like he should be They should take away his ability. He needs a good lawyer. Just imagine the imagery I didn't like about that situation is how all those officers were in the courtroom and his family, yes, hundreds of them, and they wouldn't allow his brother, his family like to be in there with him. That is definitely intimidation. I can only imagine what they do in his food. He needs a good attorney to maybe get his case to be done, like in a different venue, like in a different state of city, because they going to kill him. Yeah, They're going to kill him.
Speaker 2: Because yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, I want to panhandle for him, like I want to give him some money. I did donate to the son's go fund me, but I still feel like the father needs some help to it. And then gofund me can put stipulations on whether or not that money can go to you know, like what are they doing with the money? Type shit? Yeah anyway, sorry y'all, but that's just the world we live in in job. But yeah, so platforms were begging If you guys are interested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, lift them.
Speaker 1: We have begging money dot com. Okay. Begging money is a platform where individuals can create personal pages to explain their financial needs, and users can directly ask the public for financial favors so somebody can straight I've actually used begging money dot com before. When I asked the leader living with me, I did begging dot com and I did GoFundMe. I got nothing from begging dot com and I got about two hundred dollars on goalfundme. But a bitch can go to Miami, Florida from Memorial Day weekend and gets stuck down there because she took her fast ass down there with no fucking money, And then she could put a post up on TikTok and social media and y'all, motherfuckers will donate money to bullshit.
Speaker 2: I'm about to post some bullshit like I'm so serious, y'all. I'm about to make up some bullshit. I'm about to put a picture of my butt and I'm about to get paid.
Speaker 1: And y'all, so leader was an eighty three year old elderly woman like I had living with me off the streets. I put like this long ass story explaining her her life story, all the things, and nobody was like, I just stay, Yes, people are nuts, we will we like bullshit, right.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm just gonna post the most like I'm just gonna be honest. I need this money because i want to go on a trip like some stupid shit like that. People donate to that before they donate to eighty three year old woman who needs help and that's awful. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other there's another. It's called indie. Go Go is a well known crowdfunding platform tailor to creative entrepreneurs and invest in innovators. You can launch a campaign on there and have strangers, you know, donate, So I mean this is also you could use it for your business.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It doesn't necessarily have to be for like personal shit. You can use it to use different sites to actually launch businesses businesses. Fundly is another popular one. Fundly dot com f U n d L why dot com encourages users to share regular updates, express gratitudes. Now you gotta be on there saying thank you all day and me and you that maintained open communication with the supporters.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a real job, right right, And.
Speaker 1: Like you mentioned, Kickstart, kickstart logit in twenty nineteen has become a household name in crowdfunding. So I guess kickstart would essentially be the same as like a crowdfunding crowdfunder dot com or fundly Patreon. I don't know how to help. Patreon could be considered a begging site. I'm actually giving you something for your money. I'm giving you content for the money. So yeah, they do have Patreon listed.
Speaker 2: Would y'all want us to start a Patreon?
Speaker 1: Let's know, would y'all can we panhandle on there? We're gonna start with y'all, y'all donate to start telling like, we'll start dropping names for shit that we just keep to ourselves on this show. Cyberbag dot com is another one. It allows you to ask for financial help online. It's as straightforward as it sounds. No longer application or waiting approval time. So you might want to you might want to try that one.
Speaker 2: Listen, one hundred and sixty thousand black women got laid off in April. They lost their jobs in April, one hundred and sixty thousand. That was the highest number of any demographic. I don't see why we don't all post on this shit and just see what happens.
Speaker 1: Mine as well, right, mine as well. I mean, one hundred and sixty thousand got laid off. I know a lot of people who actually started working, though, so I think a lot of those were those government jobs possibly where they did have the opportunity. Here's the thing with that. If you work in a corporate job, right, and they are doing a riff, which is reduction in workforce, right, and they say, hey, either you can take this severance of this such and such a percentage of your salary and we're gonna pay you this lump sum and your jobs and you got income. Right that holds you over until you find another job. I think most people are in corporate settings who already wanted to get the fuck away from his job, and now you can get paid while you look for another job. They would take it. But see what the government that is like the krim de la crime of jobs and positions. So you don't want to leave it because you're not going to get this sweet ass job where you haven't been doing shit for ten, fifteen, twenty years and now somebody looking into your shit and realizing you haven't been doing anything. One of my friends, they actually had them writing like we always had to do, like performance reviews on ourselves.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They basically made it just right out like what it is that they do and why they think that they are, you know, needed. Essentially, if somebody were to give me an opportunity like that, Like, I'm always an asset, so you're about to give me an opportunit. I'm a fuck want to be ce Oh after i write up all the shit I've been doing, because I'm never taking a job anywhere and not do it to the fullest.
Speaker 2: I just think it's crazy that black women lost their jobs more. I mean, we weren't the only ones sitting in the pie jobs. It was all demographics.
Speaker 1: But no, I'm not saying that all were pie jobs. I'm just saying a lot. I think a lot of that one sixty was the government shit, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: But anyway, y'all go ahead, especially if you got laid off, you definitely be able to jump your ass on these panhandling.
Speaker 1: And where I saw that headline, right, but where is the actual where does that? Where did that statistic come from? Like people make things up, right, So you know, niggas want us to not be employed and not have the money we got. So imagine somebody putting out this false narrative that we just don't got no fucking job, and we all broke down.
Speaker 2: I think it was Newsweek.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought when I saw that, Like and I just hadn't had a chance to look too deep into to actually see where where the numbers came from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, can't handle y'all, how on these sites?
Speaker 1: Howp on these dicks? Like what have y'all got to do to get the money? Yeah, there's a lot of different resources out there, and y'all we are in a capitalistic economy, right, So as much as people people hate on the rich, they hate on people not paying taxes and things like that. You know, people talk about how Trump wasn't paying taxes. As a business owner in America, your number one goal, right is the most income you can make, and you want to pay the less amount of tax least amount of taxes on that income. When you become a business owner, you won't see why the fucking nigga wasn't paying taxes. But until if you don't know the science of business, right, you're not going to know how to use the tools that's put there for you to win. So either y'all want to be in the game or you're not. You can't get mad at motherfuckers that's playing. I'm always played a game, bitch. I ain't forfeit, So I'm trying to do all the things.
Speaker 2: Why I want all our live shows on thursd's face, I'm glad you said that. Ship. Why it's cheaper, it's cheaper.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the thing. Here's the thing, y'all, and listen hear me out, Tammy. It may be cheaper to get the venue on a Thursday, right, but I believe we'll get It'll be an even, it will break even regardless because more people will still come out on the weekends. We paid our our good day. Would y'all come out for a live so that'll kill it right there? What day? Would y'all prefer to come on a live show after work on Thursday? Or a hot, nice Sunday study Sunday in the summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Sunday, nobody's coming at Sunday night. You're not doing a live show on it like six.
Speaker 1: It don't have to be like eight o'clock in the evening. We do like six. The bitches I went to brunch whatever not about to come get some drinks. Just be funny. In the summertime, people do people they have been parties from from one to ten on Sundays and the.
Speaker 2: Second people want something to do during the week y'all, Let.
Speaker 1: Us know what, y'all, because I'm calculating my life. I don't know if you're calculating yours and not. I have, literally I have listened to my life. I've taken up a lot of new shit recently. And for the last five years I was free as a burb bage. I'm not that free no more. So now I want to make sure I keep my mental health attact and make sure I really, uh calculate realistically the things I can press my body to do. That's where I'm at. I know you understand.
Speaker 2: I get it. I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it because the bitch already getting stressed out, like literally, like I'm already like on the calendar, like trying to organize things in my mind to make sure I can execute and not half assed execute, right, I want to make sure we execute, Like yeah, this that I agree?
Speaker 2: I agree? So what y'all, y'all let us know. Would y'all rather see us on Thursday night start the weekend off or on Sunday after Friday a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Well Thursday through Sunday. That's what we're looking at all right, right, anyway, y'all get the panhandling shit. It's listen Biden did put out a statement once and he was saying, how the economy this is before he before Trump got in office. He was saying, how economy was so well right, and it is the truth, But it's the wealth gap that nobody's calculating. Yeah, we got a great economy, but most of the people making the money, you know, aren't at the They're not in our shit, you know what I'm saying, Like, the wealth gap is ridiculous right now? Middle class are your social media millionaires, the motherfuckers you see online like these are millionaires now, and then everybody else is basically below poverty, right, So we gotta do something right. You gotta play the game. You have to do all the things. So maybe in making handle panhand like yes, okay, if they if they want to be philanthropists, philanthropists and give people the public some money, take it right, right, y'all? Up a nice campaign, bitch, you want to start your business, uh, sugarbaby dot com. Let's be very clear, that's another.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Make sure you got your TMJ intact, like make sure your job working good, like get the money.
Speaker 2: Baby, No, don't go on that one.
Speaker 1: For real, because this shit is so scammy I went on there, and I'm like way past sugar Baby age. Okay, I'm cougar age and the amount of Indians over there with them, fake profiles and Africans with them, fake ass profiles on sugarbaby dot com.
Speaker 2: And they don't look like they got no money, none of them.
Speaker 1: That's none of them. But listen now, one of these uh trad black trad wives on Instagram. Her husband looked like she got he got that check neither, but he do. I need you a fine ass old white man. If I'm gonna do it, man, he got to be a fucking brunette or or he got to have like a nice ass salt and pepper. I can't do it otherwise, like he gotta be fine.
Speaker 2: Them ball's gonna be long either way, I can't do it. Hang up, shut up, gros.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jake. It's gonna be quick though. Stop all right, y'all, panandle Anyway, if you enjoyed this episode, y'all tune in every Thursday on a black Effect. iHeart Radio Apple, wherever the fuck you get your podcasts at this your co host aj Holiday two point on instagrams kicking Tams.
Speaker 2: Y'all my cash up is.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: I am official tam band on Instagram. Y'all follow me now. I love y'all so much. Thank y'all for tuning into us every Thursday or whenever you get the chance. We really appreciate all the love and support, and we would love for y'all to come out and see us. We're gonna be in the city near you, really, really really soon, you guys, so the same way y'all be saving that money for Beyonce. Y'all put a couple of dollars to the side of your girls that we talked back. P right, remember speak now.
Speaker 1: And never hold your I love you because see what y'all don't realize is that Tammy Ben setting y'all up for the Panhandle with that. I love you, Thank you. Bye,