Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home? Either way, we want to be there. Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a terminol and gage aid. We want to send you off INSTI. We wanna welcome you back home. Tell us all about it.
Speaker 3: We scared her?
Speaker 1: Was it fine?
Speaker 2: Malborn?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do your need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 5: Do your need to ride?
Speaker 6: Ride with Karen and Chris? Welcome to Do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks and this is Karen Kilgariff. Oh that was a downright sultry.
Speaker 7: I kind of went low and then I felt insecure about it, so I pulled back and then that became sexier. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't even you have no control over it.
Speaker 2: No, it just it just comes out in podcasting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a professional voice person.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. You got to give it that, you know. I think it is about vulnerability at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: That and projecting from your diaphragm. True.
Speaker 6: Yes, I took singing lessons yesterday from me. This kid looked like Brendan Fraser in the Tarzan movie. No shirt, tank top, very ripped and very like looked like a heavy metal guy. But he had this amazing, like better than Rufus Wainwright voice, and I immediately was self conscious and we just started going through the la la la la la la like that wasn't what we did.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 6: I already forgot half of what he taught me, but my voice was cracking. I was like intimidated. It was like auditioning for American Idol. I felt so vulnerable. But in the end he taught me a lot and everything I was doing is incorrect. I was flexing my neck and singing from it, I believe, inside my neck while keeping my shoulders very tense. And what he told me to do was fill my belly with air. And you don't see like Steven Tyler do this, but you bill your belly with air and then gradually deflate, much like bagpipes.
Speaker 3: And I did not know that.
Speaker 2: How could you?
Speaker 3: Though? I knew nothing.
Speaker 6: And by the end, I, you know, when he would sing a sample and then I'd sing it, I was starting until.
Speaker 3: My voice just collapsed and cracked.
Speaker 6: I was doing pretty well, and I felt really good, and I left, all confident, went to get a coffee at the Starbucks.
Speaker 3: Guess who was in line read in frasier man, that would have been better. God damn it, it was.
Speaker 6: It was Babyface, And none of us have really thought much about Babyface.
Speaker 7: One of the great singer songwriter producers, right of would you call him? Was he from New Jack Swing or.
Speaker 4: Was he.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Contemporary early nineties R and B. A lot of his songs were sung from a bedside.
Speaker 7: It was very romance based, Yeah, at a time where I was not yet thinking of romance. And see the one that sings one did boot boot two in he does numbers. Uh, that's the Count.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I was thinking of something.
Speaker 6: You are thinking of the count, which everyone confuses him. He also hasn't aged.
Speaker 2: That guy looks great the count. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Well, the one thing I remember is when can I see you again?
Speaker 2: That's all okay?
Speaker 7: But Babyface has his own hits, and then wrote for everybody, Yeah, why is he at Starbucks?
Speaker 2: That man is made of money?
Speaker 6: Because he knew that I'd just come from vocal lessons and that was my time to shine, to just turn one eighty and sing to his face. No, And I didn't have I know. That was my chance you could tell me. It would have been awkward, but he would have said you got the goods, and I would have jumped into an suv with them and started laying down tracks.
Speaker 3: And I just I just said, all a grande.
Speaker 7: Drip and I left like a grande drip, like a huge drip. Wait a second, did you say hi, babyface?
Speaker 3: Or give me almost did? I almost did.
Speaker 6: There was a slink because he's wearing sunglasses. But I'm very certain he has the same face of a baby a little bit. I mean, the guy's in his sixties, I think, and he stole is a baby faced man, and he was dressed.
Speaker 3: Like a baby. I thought that was too much a diaper. Ah see, I didn't know where to go with it.
Speaker 7: I like that though, First of all, I mean that's that is a high quality star sighting, yes truly. But on top of that, it's an omen that you took your first singing lesson and then ran into baby face. That's a beautiful human poetry.
Speaker 6: I gotta start hanging out in Brentwood. You never know who's going to be in line.
Speaker 7: And it's time to shine, and it's time for Chris to actually, it's time for our guest to shine.
Speaker 2: You've seen her in clubs and colleges.
Speaker 3: All over this country, how many colleges.
Speaker 2: And Chris Is actually friends with her.
Speaker 7: So I shouldn't be doing this intro, but I thought I'd jump in and just love this thing along, right, I mean, I think I'm good at it, But on top of that, I think I'm bringing a fresh newness to the relationship, to the excitement of having the guests.
Speaker 2: She's a comedian.
Speaker 7: I'm sure she does a bunch of other stuff as well, but comedy is how I know her from the fact sheet I read about her. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Maggie Faris.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Maggie.
Speaker 1: You guys, that was the best intro I've ever been introduced as It was very vulnerable and I appreciate you really putting it out there.
Speaker 2: I really did.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, you get so many flat and FROs in the comedy club circuit that I know you and I both go through that I thought we could make up for all of them today.
Speaker 5: I feel special, I feel seen.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the goal here on Dinah.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 6: I knew that when you were on our list and slated to be on the pod. I've never said that pod.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I was very excited because I think that you and Karen would be great friends, and I thought what better way to introduce you is to record it and really put it on the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, actually put it under some high pressure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you must be friends.
Speaker 1: Karen and I'll be best friends. Then you can go and be friends with baby Peas right right?
Speaker 3: Allo would Yeah? I have fun.
Speaker 5: I'm in Minnesota.
Speaker 7: Maggie. Actually tried to look and see if I followed you on Twitter because your name is very familiar to me, and I think it's probably just from Chris and from comedy.
Speaker 5: I'm the least active on Twitter, honestly, but.
Speaker 7: You're being represented because what I found was a post by someone named Jay Bowler.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's a post that says affordable giant clog for sale in Roseville. Yes, and it's you sitting in a giant clog.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: And it says Giant danceco clog eighty dollars.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 2: Can I read the description?
Speaker 7: It says, sure, she's dusty, she's dirty, but she can sit outside and you can sit in her. Pretend you're afoot. Pretend you're driving around, give it to a friend or an enemy cash only must pick up. That was the ad yees a ten foot dance go clog.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, it was a huge, huge clog.
Speaker 1: My a friend of mine, Beth, had a club with some friends where they it was called like the Interesting Things Club, and they would just pick up weird stuff and drop it in each other's front yards. And somebody gave for that clog, and she was telling me about it, and she actually showed me the brochure they made for the Interesting Things Club, which was hilarious. But so she she said, I gotta, I have to put the clog on Marketplace or Craigslis or something.
Speaker 5: And I was like, no, it's way too cool.
Speaker 1: And the next day the clog was in my yard and so we had the clog in the backyard for a long time.
Speaker 5: It was a great like photo.
Speaker 1: A lot people enjoyed the clog, but it just sat there getting dusty and dirty, and I had to move last year, so I put the clog up for sale. But it did get some publicity and it ended up at this lady's vintage store and she puts it outside and it's a great people come by and take sit in it and take pictures, and yeah, it worked out well.
Speaker 7: And how did it get publicity? Like, I mean, is this guy j bowl Er someone I'm supposed to know?
Speaker 5: Well, I think she's a local writer guy or else.
Speaker 1: He tweeted it and had more followers, and then someone from the media side or something. It got in a few articles and a couple of people interviewed me about the giant.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sometimes I'm like, wow, you guys want to hear about my comedy and they're like, oh, the clog.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, it was fun that we had. Got a lot of laughs out of the clod.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's something to be said for I'm mostly a miniature guy. I talk about it all too much, tiny shoes, tiny houses, baby shoes, and baby houses. But when it comes to a large shoe that you can get inside of. I've taken pictures inside a large silver pump at this bark called the Silver Slipper, and there's something very exciting about it, and I can't quite you feel like a Keebler elf or something.
Speaker 1: Had I had the means, I would have made it into some sort of driveable vehicle.
Speaker 5: Just the clog around.
Speaker 6: Town yeah, you just could show up unannounced at any parade.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, for sure they would welcome you, I think with open arms. For sure.
Speaker 7: You wouldn't have to pay the entrance fee or get a number or anything. They just be like, actually, you're going to go in front, you'll be first.
Speaker 3: You don't need to wear a red vest.
Speaker 1: You are now a shriner, especially if it's like a Scandinavian type parade like any because clog, you know, isn't that what Dutch?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Clog made popular by the loud dancing that's right.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm guessing because of dance go d Did he a Danish dance go?
Speaker 5: Dance go? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean why would they name it anything else without the same initiative.
Speaker 5: That's what they are.
Speaker 2: There's no way it could be any It wouldn't happen.
Speaker 7: But I'm a big dance go clog fan, and it's a fighter. My sister and I have been in for years because I have had kind of wide feet and kind of fucked up feet for a while. So I'm always like, this is the high heel. This is my version of a high heel. Is constant comfort, and I don't care that I look like a nurse.
Speaker 1: Well, I think nurses trended it out, but I think they look fine and swell on everyone.
Speaker 7: And these days they've made boots, they've made the dancecoe. People are like hip to themselves and are like, we're doing this. But still, even when I get the fashionable ones, my sister is very angry because she doesn't like the fact that they have wooden bottoms.
Speaker 2: She just thinks it's weird.
Speaker 7: And she her big accusation to me of all of our lives, as you're being weird on purpose.
Speaker 2: You're doing it for attention.
Speaker 5: But what's wrong with that?
Speaker 7: I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's just don't draw extra attention, is her. I guess life's motto, Well, what's wrong with her?
Speaker 7: Yeah? That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it right there.
Speaker 5: Enjoy do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 5: If you didn't do that, you wouldn't be having any fun.
Speaker 7: I feel like, well, I think it actually was kind of what molded me into the complete extrovert, you know, slash lunatic that I then became because everything was became to piss her off or go like, oh is this what.
Speaker 2: You don't want us to do?
Speaker 1: That's got a fun birth.
Speaker 2: Or whatever thing?
Speaker 7: And she was like.
Speaker 1: Mortified by that's fun's yeah, yeah, But I will.
Speaker 7: Say this, and I'm sorry to dominate, but I bought myself a pair of clogs for Chris around Christmas time, and I was.
Speaker 3: At her house me around Christmas time, sorry.
Speaker 7: For me, knowing my sister would get mad when I opened the box, like, oh, look what I got myself and then slip on these like and they were kind of like platform felty clogs, and so I open them up, and my sister and my niece are watching TV in the other room and I'm in the like kind of middle part and I put them on, you know, and I'm like, yeah, that's right, I got these clogs.
Speaker 2: And I turn around.
Speaker 7: I literally take like a step and a half and then fucking slip and fall so hard that.
Speaker 2: The did I tell you the story already, Chris?
Speaker 5: No, No, I heard it a hundred times.
Speaker 2: I can't believe she's doing her act on this podcast.
Speaker 7: But I slip and twist at the same time, so like both my shoulders hit the same wall, my glasses went flying off, my phone went like into the front room. It was like my legs just kind of like left and I fell down, but it took a really long time to get all the way down, and I was like, oh, this is going to be painful because I'm old. And my niece, from where her vantage point, she saw the entire thing and she was laughing so hot she could not breathe, and she was like kind of crying because it was so hilarious. And then my sister's it was basically like I won this clog argument, like you just told so Karma, and.
Speaker 6: You fell immediately after saying, hey, look at my new whoa like.
Speaker 7: Yes, mid sentence of like, Laura, I got that, and then it was just like yeah, as you're falling, she yelled, it's the wooden soul.
Speaker 2: You idiot.
Speaker 1: That was all while you were falling, that conversation.
Speaker 2: You know, those like falls that take for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this time I felt.
Speaker 5: One time I fell in New York.
Speaker 1: I was just walking and I fell from the curb into the street, and the extra four or five inches made it so much longer, and I remember a whole bunch of people came and tried to help me, and I said, please don't tell any more about.
Speaker 6: Did you Was that before or after Our friend Isaac fell in New York and I remember a bus roll went over both arms.
Speaker 5: You are kidding me.
Speaker 3: I never know that bus rolled over both arms and they were not broken.
Speaker 6: Superman, what he fell and his arms got run over by a bus. They were not broken. He continued to dance the night away.
Speaker 3: No way, Yes, I've never heard this story. Text him now, let's do the podcast.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, later on, I'll text him later.
Speaker 6: That was I just I was reminded of it because I watched him on a podcast because he's doing great, and uh, where is he?
Speaker 3: It's good to see him doing stand up again. I don't know. I was going to ask you that. I was going to ask you years all of our Minnesota friends.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's go through the list.
Speaker 3: Okay. Kevin migail and.
Speaker 5: Heard al Anderson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, alphabedical, she's from Arizona and she wears. Just try to keep on the same initial theme. Kevin Williams quit and had a family.
Speaker 6: I know, and I remember when he did that. Isn't it funny of just your perspective changes. I was like, why did he quit? But now I'm like, oh, yeah, well he was ahead of the game. What a forward thinker? Not yet, I want to quit. I just I don't have any feelings about someone not wanting to do it anymore. I understand, But at the time he was doing so well. He was always so funny.
Speaker 5: He was, wasn't he opening for Tosh for a long time?
Speaker 3: Yes, and I was too, And I remember thinking, I bet he's better at this. I just always liked the way he did.
Speaker 6: He's one of those comments that when I heard he quit, I'm like, maybe I could buy his jokes. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, I'm I'm glad that he has a family. I hope he's doing well.
Speaker 5: Nice guy, good man.
Speaker 2: Do one of his jokes, you might as well, Yeah, you might as well.
Speaker 5: It was a really nice guy.
Speaker 6: He had the different toes and their roles, like whe goes to the market. That's basically that joke.
Speaker 5: I don't think I remember any of his stuff. I just remember it was dark.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah it was Yeah, it was nay. Yeah, I mean it was funny, but it was naughty. He pissed people off. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I feel like Minnesota comics are known in the biz as being some of the best of the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of good comedy here, and there's a lot of people that have popped out of here and I mean people right here, which is nice and it's like encouraged, and so I think it makes a good culture of you know, creating better comics, not just like hack crap.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was also one of those first towns I went to kind of like your Denver or that's it, that's the list Denver in Minneapolis. Both are places where the local scene was like, hey, let's be friends. What are you doing tomorrow? You should come back to this city and take one of our coveted spots because we like you.
Speaker 3: I never felt.
Speaker 6: Yeah, other towns were like there's animosity towards you know, anyone that came into town, and like Austin.
Speaker 3: Was a little like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, but I love it there. Can't wait to go back and perform somewhere with a low ceiling.
Speaker 5: Isn't that nice? A low ceiling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Maggie. Do you do comedy like once a week? Are you like on a show?
Speaker 3: Do you I have to deal?
Speaker 1: I have like a day job still, I drive a snowplow for.
Speaker 2: The state, and so I you must have been a hero these last couple months.
Speaker 5: I'm tired.
Speaker 3: I'm tired.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have probably three weekends a month, you know.
Speaker 2: I would say, yeah, nice, that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm I mean, I clearly can't quit, you know, Yeah I would. I would have done that a long time ago.
Speaker 5: It's too late. I love it too much, so silly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's two the crowd fun jokes and.
Speaker 1: Making it better and better and better is probably like my favorite thing in the holy world.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I just love starting from nothing and building it and building it and building it and building it.
Speaker 5: And I'm addicted to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And if you quit, there's a lot of jokes that you have that wouldn't have gotten, not not.
Speaker 5: Gifts to the work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of big gestures.
Speaker 5: Wow, I'm Italian.
Speaker 2: Do you talk about being a snowplow driver? And you're at I do?
Speaker 1: I do on this last album and probably have like twenty minutes of working there because I work with like all real blue collar dudes, and I'm like a radical millie lesbian feminists, you know, and so it's yeah, white.
Speaker 5: Dichotomy if you will.
Speaker 2: What's the name of that album.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's the best, tougher than a honey Bee.
Speaker 3: I just love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's tight and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have you knowniced tonny bees. I mean not that you aren't tough, but they they have not been strong lately. I see them often just walking on sidewalks slowly. Yeah, they're always on their way out of.
Speaker 1: Town looking for dying and droves, dying groups and they get gangs of like murder hornets and just yelling them all off, fighting with each other.
Speaker 5: I mean, you've got to come together.
Speaker 3: And you're tougher than that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are you still in a gang yourself?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, I got jumped out?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Jumping out things have always heard of jumping.
Speaker 5: I think you get your ass be worst jump getting out than going in.
Speaker 3: That's what the hell's angels do.
Speaker 5: That's why you never leave. It's gangs are for life.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, but you still have you still have all those tattoos to remember them by. Yep, there they are, there, they are on the wrists. Yeah, everyone's going to think you're a real gang member.
Speaker 5: I might be fact check it. Then that's up to you to a deep dive.
Speaker 3: How long have you been snowplow driving?
Speaker 5: When?
Speaker 3: When did you get into that lo This is my sixth winter. Did you get to get your own car? Your own truck, your own shovel on the front of a truck they give you.
Speaker 1: They give you a half a million dollar truck.
Speaker 5: To drive around.
Speaker 3: Oh it's for the city, it's for the state.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do just the highways, the interstates.
Speaker 3: I love that you're doing that.
Speaker 7: So wait, sorry, because I'm from the California snow is very foreign to me from northern California.
Speaker 5: But you've seen it and been in it, seen it and been in it. Okay.
Speaker 7: But there was somebody on TikTok and I wish I knew their name off hand, but they were talking about how in California we say going to the snow. That's how foreign snow is to us. Yeah, you're like, if you're going to go to Tahoe for the weekend, we're going to go up to the snow. Like you visit snow like it's this thing, okay that stays in one place all the time, because we just that's not the experience we have with it. I just imagined you in your snowplow getting called out after a blizzard yep, and you're getting on the highway and it's three feet of snow, just beautiful, just settled snow in front of you and you're the one that gets in there first.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 5: How? I would love that so hard?
Speaker 1: But as soon as it starts snowing, we're out there. So it never really piles up that high, unless it's snowing like ridiculously crazy amounts, which that happens too, But mostly, you know, we're out there as soon as it's starting, you know, plowing it. We drive back and forest and back and.
Speaker 5: Forth and do it again and again and again and again.
Speaker 7: Just to keep it from Have you ever hit hit a patch of black ice and then slid around?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you see those videos from was it like the Seattle ice storm or something like that?
Speaker 5: Said, okay, so I had to go and plow this area. They're like, may go over here.
Speaker 1: There's some buses stuck, and I was like, okay. So I turn on this street and it's just black ice and there's like a bus here and a bus here in a car in the snow back in a car, and they have the road closed with like state troopers and stuff.
Speaker 3: You're sure wasn't about to jump at all.
Speaker 5: I I was just shaking because my truck was like.
Speaker 1: And I had to, you know, put the salt down and so I was like, I am for sure going to hit something right here, and I somehow miraculously did it. But then I was like so shaky that I was like, I'm just gonna stop at the gas station and take a breath and go in and pee and get something to drink.
Speaker 5: So I stopped at the gas station.
Speaker 1: Why pull in the gas station and I start sliding. Yeah, yeah, And I just kept going and so I put my plow down because that helps you stop, you know.
Speaker 5: And I slid another fifteen feet and I was that close to hitting a truck.
Speaker 3: In the gas station.
Speaker 1: And then I couldn't get out of the gas station. So I had to like call for help in the gas station and they're like, why.
Speaker 5: Are you at the gas station?
Speaker 2: I was like I was crying in the Yeah.
Speaker 5: I really was this close to tears. I was so shaky.
Speaker 7: Well, those those videos from Seattle where people were crawling up the streets and stop, you can't do it.
Speaker 1: It's like wearing dance gold clogs on a wood floor. I mean, it's so slippery.
Speaker 2: When you've just sasked your sister about it. Yes, almost exactly this name.
Speaker 3: Were there kids in those buses.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there were they were teetering on a cliff.
Speaker 3: Oh god, you're regular Superman person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think there were kids in the buses. I think they're trying to get to school. But everything it was really weird because like most of Saint Paul was fine, but this little neighborhood was just glare ice everywhere. So you drive down the highway there and they were just like semis jackknife and cars in the ditch and overturned and hitting each other. And yeah, that was really weird because that just that little maybe it was like a five mile section was just crazy.
Speaker 6: When you were sliding at the gas station where you headed directly towards the pumps, No, I.
Speaker 1: Was headed directly towards a box truck.
Speaker 5: Oh I almost hit.
Speaker 3: A box truck. Was the box truck filled with gasoline and children? Oh yeah? Oh yes.
Speaker 1: They all had cartoon plungers. Just if anyone touched the truck, they would have gone like that.
Speaker 7: Is there a level of experience or years driving a snowplow where you would have gone into that situation and not been worried, like do you think there's dudes on that?
Speaker 5: Stuff?
Speaker 2: Would have been like it's fun because it's truly chaos.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I know, I think anyone would have had a hairy time on that.
Speaker 5: I definitely do. It was scary. You guys, if you're ever in Minnesota, you can do ride along.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's so fun.
Speaker 1: I mean you're so high up the ground off the ground that it's freaky. So you go out on a corner and you just think you're gonna tip over because it's so high, but you never tip over.
Speaker 6: Do you remember the footage that kind of went viral of this Maybe it didn't go viral. It was just on World's Dumbas Day Show I did, and this guy was had lost as mine and he was just plowing cars off the road, like just running into cars, laughing maniacally. Yeah no, Yeah, someone had said something to him.
Speaker 5: Wasn't he in Boston or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there was a great accident. Yeah that that accent.
Speaker 5: Along with it. I think that would be the day I quit when I do something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to go out with a bang.
Speaker 5: One guy had one of our plow drivers, I think it was last winter. He somehow got a.
Speaker 1: Car in his plow and he didn't know it, And he was plowing and there was a car stuck in the plow, and he just kept hearing someone honk, and he's like, what's that noise?
Speaker 5: What is that noise?
Speaker 1: And he finally finished his route and got on the exit and at the top of the exit, this car just.
Speaker 5: And drove away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and drove away. Yeah, he drove real discussion, no discussion, I mean, he just left. Did he say thanks for the lift?
Speaker 2: It must have been like a hont of fit, like a little, a little it had to be.
Speaker 1: And then we have these like some of the plows are they're called high output plows, so they're really high on one side and low on the other, so you could totally fit a car and they're not noticed.
Speaker 5: But that was I would feel so terrible if something like that happened.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because if you're that high up, it would be really hard to know, and their snow in the way, it would be hard to know exactly what's happening.
Speaker 1: It could I could easily see it happened, for sure, but yeah, that would be scary.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize how stressful your job was.
Speaker 1: There's a lot, and plus everybody drives like idiots. You know, and so they're trying to pass you and get around you. And I always crank my salt spinner up when they try to pass me and just whips the paint right after car.
Speaker 7: Well, Also, do you have to be careful of how much coffee you drink if such a situation like black ice or scooping up a car, do you have to be careful of your stress as you do it? Yeah, heavy machinery.
Speaker 1: You mean, so if I drink too much coffee, I'd be jittering to be even harder.
Speaker 5: Is that what you're saying, right, that's what Yeah, Yeah, that's what do you mean?
Speaker 3: I'd have to be a lot. That's what I at first I thought we were talking about. I thought you you you're up to just a nervous trembling bladder.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't drink. That doesn't do it. It's there. You have so many things to concentrate on.
Speaker 3: You know, you're driving.
Speaker 1: You have eight thousand buttons over here in computer screens. You have your front plow. You have a plow on the side, you have your salt spinners, which side you have brine, which is a liquid that comes out that hangs on the side of your truck.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so much going on, plus people driving like idiots, and you're trying to change lanes the last second because that's how you do it. But people don't realize that's how you do it, so they just honk and it's a mess. You know, you have to if you're if you're you run out of salt in the back, you have to lift your box and then shift the load of salts so that it'll come out. But you have to make sure you don't hit a bridge when you lift your box. I mean, there's so much going on, you know, and there's so much that can go wrong.
Speaker 3: My back is sweating just you describing it. I live such a shelter.
Speaker 5: It's fun when there's a lot of snow to really push.
Speaker 2: It far, fun just to get it out of the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like some sort of cleaning, like you know how people just get satisfied watching those rugs get clean or something like that. It's like that, it's like this is dirty movement. You look in the back mirror and you're like.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's that's nice.
Speaker 5: That looks good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, rather than the twenty years it takes to get results from comedy?
Speaker 5: Is it only twenty years?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what happened? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you have a specialized driver's license?
Speaker 5: I have a Class A commercial driver since yeah.
Speaker 7: Lass.
Speaker 1: If you guys ever go on a big tour and need a tour bus driver, I could drive your tour bus.
Speaker 7: For real, for real, So you can do this hand over hand, big steering wheel type of driving.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean I can tell just by your mime work that you've done it fluid so calm. Yeah, yeah, I didn't realize that. On the hips, your head is.
Speaker 1: Checking mirrors, yes, checking mirror, checking the blind spots, making sure no one's standing in.
Speaker 5: The aisles stay down. So yes, I can drive any big vehicle.
Speaker 2: Really, have you had to do that.
Speaker 7: For people in a situation where they didn't know that's something you could do. And then somebody, I know, there's an intense hypothetical.
Speaker 3: Go with me.
Speaker 2: You are at a comedy club, everyone gets drunk.
Speaker 7: Everyone at The guy from the gas station with the box truck came for the comedy show and then he can't drive it and he blocked in cars.
Speaker 1: I would drive everyone home in the box truck, right, onto the chains.
Speaker 3: Don't forget your plunger.
Speaker 5: I mean I could. That situation has never.
Speaker 1: Arisen, but I do enjoy that hypothetical.
Speaker 5: Do you have any more?
Speaker 2: I probably could come up with a couple.
Speaker 1: Like if a city bus driver had a heart attack and I was walking by, I could get on that bus and get the bus to safety.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about Starring and speed three? Yes?
Speaker 1: I am, I am.
Speaker 3: I think that that should happen.
Speaker 5: You guys make some calls William speed three.
Speaker 2: I think we should probably outline at first.
Speaker 3: There has two I believe, so speed to colon.
Speaker 6: High out, high high stakes, high speed, speed more speedy.
Speaker 3: It was in a boat.
Speaker 2: Oh it wasn't a bus, right, and the.
Speaker 1: Boat couldn't go slower than sixty four miles an hour or something.
Speaker 2: Shit, this might be I might be wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's the same. It's the same script. They just had to change.
Speaker 5: But we need a new vehicle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a license if it's a new vehicle.
Speaker 1: But if I'm gonna fly a plane, I'll probably have to get my pilot's license. Okay, but you know, if you fly a plane and you go slower than a certain speed, you will crash.
Speaker 5: So that is very plausible.
Speaker 7: Guys, speed to cruise, control control, it has four percent on rotten to make.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's hot, it's fire and uh.
Speaker 7: Sandra Bullock is on a Caribbean cruise and their trip turns dangerous when an explosion disables the ship's communication system and it becomes and basically the vessel is under someone else's control.
Speaker 5: Sandy, all right, does she save the day? Is Keanu reads in it wasn't he any the first one?
Speaker 7: He is not? He wasn't the first one. This is Jason Patrick in the second one?
Speaker 5: Okay, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they're gonna need a new star for the third one. When we an airplane into a mountain.
Speaker 2: That's the big ending scene, is like, let's just dry this right now.
Speaker 5: I mean the first two.
Speaker 1: Were probably very successful, but mine right into a mountain fire end the series.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's how you end it.
Speaker 5: Bring into a bus. Yes, I love it.
Speaker 2: That's really good.
Speaker 3: Speed three, the abrupt stop auto pilot. There we go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's already more than four percent on my tomato meter.
Speaker 5: I hope it's five.
Speaker 2: Let's get those numbers. Let's get it up to eight.
Speaker 5: Let's kick it.
Speaker 7: Oh, come on, what is.
Speaker 3: Being a public address announcer for a baseball team? Entail?
Speaker 4: That's when you just say, here we go, next step, bet Centerveeler, Frank Thomas, you have the coolest gigs.
Speaker 5: Well I got five pretty quick from now. And that's the only jig I've ever been fired from.
Speaker 3: So yeah, really, what did you do wrong?
Speaker 5: I was uh, I was racist.
Speaker 1: I was a public address announcer for a minor league baseball team. They had like a comedy contest to see who would be the next public address announcer.
Speaker 6: You got that from comedy a contest? Yeah, that was the prize and everyone knew ahead of time. Yeah, oh I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Great, that's surprize.
Speaker 6: It was fun.
Speaker 5: It was fun.
Speaker 1: I probably only lasted a couple of weeks. So but okay, so they had I'll tell you the story they had, and I'm not proud of this. Okay, I feel terrible and I have said my apologies and I need to move on. But so this was like twenty years ago, and they they did this gig where they when you know, like when the pitcher and the catcher are like frustrated and the catcher walks to the mound and they have a conversation. They did this gig where they'd say, let's turn on the secret mic on the mound and see what they're talking about. And then you're supposed to make up dialogue like, hey.
Speaker 5: Where do you want to eat tonight? Do you want to go to the Apple We No, I hate their burgers.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have a stupid conversation, right, Yeah, we were playing the Japanese exhibition team.
Speaker 5: Twenty years ago. I'm still not excusing it.
Speaker 3: I own this.
Speaker 5: And then a lot of a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Three complained and the next day before they fired me, they had me call those three people and apologize. Well, those three people gave me all of their anger for about an hour each, and I had a sent listen to it.
Speaker 5: I was in tears.
Speaker 1: I felt so terrible, And as soon as I was done with that, I walked into the office and they fired me.
Speaker 3: Wow ly, shit, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You can't do that. We don't do that.
Speaker 7: You certainly can't anymore. And even back then, no, now were the people here you had to call on the phone of Asian I do.
Speaker 1: Believe so they were yeah, very much triumphing for the Asian community.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, yes, Wow, that's I feel like that is a true redemption story, because when do you ever hear a story like this where people actually have to go and sit there and let the people let them know how it feels right.
Speaker 3: That was harsh, Yeah, but you were probably like, well this is what I have to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I took it.
Speaker 5: I mean I took it, but I didn't think it up to take so much.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I took it.
Speaker 1: That was hard.
Speaker 6: I don't like improv comedy. You never know what's going to fly out of your mouth in a panic.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 7: Well, also when you get that, as comedians, we rely on our inner instinct of like this will be blank, and you're almost always right.
Speaker 2: But when you're wrong, you're wrong, you really are, so we may really stakes you.
Speaker 7: We do, we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, I have owned it.
Speaker 5: I am sorry.
Speaker 1: I will never do that again and that is my bad and I should not have done it, and I apologize.
Speaker 3: Well, I forgive you, Maggie, thank you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I know what a good person you are and I know you care about people, and I know you're sweet and sometimes you just have a joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I shouldn't come out I have a bunch of them. I'm sure I do. I never look and check, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe we should it a long time, maybe Twitter, and I'm fine, okay, yeah, but yeah, like things you say on stage, you know, well, you know.
Speaker 1: Some people do that stuff get somewhere, you know, but I I that's not me either, you know.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be known for that at all.
Speaker 1: No, No, I would like to be known for crafting smart jokes period.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 7: Well, also, when you are on this makes me think of when I did the Uh It was one of the weirdest experiences because blank Apatch is the announcer for the What's the Wrestling Show? And it's a it's a wrestling show downtown. It's Mexican wrestling and basically like burlesque combined, and it's really cool and it's a huge audience, and they usually have Blaine is usually always the announcer, and then he'll have like two people up there with him and they just everyone pretends to be a sports announcer. And so he asked me to do it with him, and I was really excited to have been asked. And when I got up there, I literally not only could not think of one thing to say. But I just was like watching the wrestling matches.
Speaker 2: Like how are they doing this? Because they would like get up on.
Speaker 7: The side and flip around and do all this crazis where I'm like, I'm not I can't think of anything. This isn't funny. I'm impress, like I don't have I don't see this enough to not just be sitting here like whoa. And I literally like I think I said two things for like an hour and a half. I mean, Blaine was just on his own for so long and it was a true failure. It felt fucking horrible. But at the same time, I was like, yeah, here's the thing. I don't know this like area enough to like spoof it. I don't know the references. I don't know anything about it. And I'm also like just a spectator who's kind of blown away, So it's like there's I have nothing to riff about. I'm not like the observer.
Speaker 1: Think of how good you would have been had you gone back, right, Yeah, because you would have been used to it. You would have you'd know the tricks. It wouldn't be a surprise shock.
Speaker 7: Right, and I would have known maybe to like do a little research and like not be in the panic mode. Yes, exactly, because the more the longer it went where I was just like, oh, I'm I'm not fucking saying anything. I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 6: Also, it's a good example because it is a traditional Latino culture, Like I didn't want to joke about any of it when I did it with Jordan Morris. And also they get really mad if you make light of the costumes or the moves or that's called the butt scissors or whatever. If it's like, that's not what it's called. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're not facing each other, right, but.
Speaker 1: No, see, And that would be scary too, because you would be worried you're going to offend or say the wrong thing or where's the line and you don't know, you don't know if you're unfamiliar like that.
Speaker 6: That doing that with Jordan is probably an example of the wrong thing coming out of my mouth because I remember people booing me and I don't remember it was like I think it was just about the costume thing. I felt so bad that I went back and let them beat me up like scrimmaged or practiced.
Speaker 5: Was that kind of fun?
Speaker 6: Though? I thought it was going to be fun. They were all like not in their costumes. These wrestlers are very serious about it, and I said, yeah, toss me around. Before I got there, I thought the floor would be soft and springing. R They threw me around and I it's the first time I ever thought about getting a neck brace after something. I was sore of not fun, not fun, But man, it made for a funny segment, I bet because I.
Speaker 3: Wore it and worth it.
Speaker 1: Johnny Knocks feel worth it.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a jacket.
Speaker 6: They always want a fewel TV wanted me to do jackassy things and I was like, well, this will be fun, but I just don't have the body that can be tossed around by other people. I can fall off a skateboard because I know how to fall that way. But these guys slapping me. I had like perfect outlines of hands on my chip because they would throw me against ropes and come back and just slap me in the chest. And I know a fall on my back, but I was like it broke the skin a couple of times, Like they slapped so hard that there was like blood coming Yeah, but that was my rede. I'm like, I'm sorry. I dishonored and did not take the commentary seriously. You can now throw me around like a rag doll, and I think they appreciated it.
Speaker 5: That was your apology calls.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, both of these. Both of these apology tours are very painful.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will drive the tour bus on the apology tour.
Speaker 3: Why is it so fun?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: I like doing it.
Speaker 7: Because to me, the bus steering wheel is such a different shape and setup that the idea of it is so fun, Like you have to do it like it's a big plate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, there's no other steering wheel. Yeah, you could be on a boat that's more vertical. Really, you have the horizontal plate at a slight act sees it's a fun steering wheel and it's big.
Speaker 3: Why is it so big?
Speaker 7: My aunt May who was my great aunt, she drove until she was like close to her nineties and then they had this old uh I think it was a nova And when she would go to make a turn, she fed whichever direction she was going. She would feed the steering wheel from one little fist to the other. And I would watch her do it like this is not how you're supposed to be doing this. It would she would go so slow and just be slowly feeding, feeding, feeding, and then let it go back through her little open fist.
Speaker 2: It was insanity.
Speaker 6: It was maybe she was trying to keep it at ten and two, but you're not supposed to always have.
Speaker 3: It at ten and too for.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to go hand over for right.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wish people could see this. We aren't. We don't have videos.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding. Your space work was steering. It's clearly I'm yeah, you know what you're doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not going to crush your bus.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 6: I'm really good at being trapped in a box because I uh yeah, in a very tiny bedroom as a child.
Speaker 5: Side, well, you like miniatures, so that's yeah, yeah, yeah, sleep in a shoe box?
Speaker 6: Who lived in a shoe? The old woman you were about to move? Why didn't you live in the dance? Oh the dance go Who lived in a shoe? Anyone remember old? There was the old woman?
Speaker 3: She's just an unnamed old woman.
Speaker 1: There wasn't woman who lived in a shoe. She had so many kids, she didn't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, well yeah, I wouldn't even have one kid. If you were in a shoe in a.
Speaker 5: Shoe, yeah, I mean it asked to be a pretty big shoe, even.
Speaker 3: As a bachelorette. It's a poor choice.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree. She didn't plan. Yeah, she didn't think, she did not.
Speaker 5: People make better voices.
Speaker 3: Let's all make better choices.
Speaker 5: Let's all make.
Speaker 7: Better choices in twenty twenty three. Yes, and beyond, what else is going on, Maggie, Do you have anything to report from Minnesota or beyond? Yes?
Speaker 5: Wow, I feel like the representation of my state is in my hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's going on there?
Speaker 1: We got a lot of good meats up here, and cheeses, squeaky cheeses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you know what.
Speaker 1: I went on a hunt for the best string cheese in the Midwest, and everywhere I went I would buy string cheese from like a fancy dairy or like a fancy shop or whatever, or a gas station, didn't matter.
Speaker 5: I was trying all the string cheese.
Speaker 1: I like the fibrous string cheese that just really pulls off and really just fibers everywhere.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I accidentally went to Walmart like two weeks ago, and I was like, I'm gonna get some string cheese.
Speaker 5: Is the best string cheese I've had ever?
Speaker 2: Really, Walmart?
Speaker 5: From Walmart?
Speaker 2: What brand? Do you remember?
Speaker 6: Going to the kitchen, She's off to the kitchen. We are this is a string cheese countdown. It's a real string cheese incident.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 7: I believe that it needs to be mentioned as a brand. If it impressed her, she's done the research.
Speaker 6: We all know there's those string cheeses where you go to take a little piece and it bebbles off and pretty much it just splits in half.
Speaker 5: It's called great value.
Speaker 2: Great value, you would perfect, which I'm not a fan of.
Speaker 1: I prefer Target. I'm a Target Girl, Minnesota company, clearly. But look called fibers.
Speaker 3: Oh here we go.
Speaker 5: Really look at all those fibers.
Speaker 3: It's so uniform, it's so uniform, kind of dry.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And it's the best string cheese I've ever had.
Speaker 5: And it's disappointing.
Speaker 6: Because I are you gonna eat the whole thing? Oh no, she's eating it like a corn cob.
Speaker 5: No, No, that was just a I had a friend who bit into it this way. Yeahs I've done that.
Speaker 3: Yeah occasionally. Uh you know one of my and I'm not proud of it.
Speaker 6: But it's a treat that I often grab when I'm at the gas station to also pee while I slide around. Is the It looks like string cheese, but it's wrapped in some sort of a pepperoni.
Speaker 3: So you want but you had?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you eat it like a corn dog and it seems like such a it's too soft, but I can't not eat them.
Speaker 4: To it is.
Speaker 6: I just had one the other night. I was feeling sad. I lived near a gas station. I went down there. I shoved it in like a cartoon. I just like squished it into my mouth. It bent in the back of my throat. I just started chewing. Actually, yeah, I didn't even chew it, and know I swallowed it preemptively.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, tel there, hold down your neck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 5: You can't watch it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like like when a cartoon duck swallows a wrench or something.
Speaker 3: But this it bent. It was so soft it bent.
Speaker 5: Good you thank goodness.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't we could go back to that. I don't know why I win or how I've seen a duck swallow a wrench. It's just kind of the first thing that came to mind. We don't have to go back to.
Speaker 7: That feel some daffy duck based comedy you've probably seen in the past.
Speaker 3: Ducks, I'm smart, are they?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I mean they often they'll jump out of a plane and think it's a parachute, but it's just a backpack filled with tools.
Speaker 3: They make terrible.
Speaker 6: You'd think being a flight bird they'd know not to bring a heavy backpack that isn't a parachute.
Speaker 1: Let's put a lot of ducks in speed three yeah, ooh good, idea speed three ducks in a row?
Speaker 3: Yep, there.
Speaker 2: Are we still doing the plane?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and they'll be there'll be a row of parachutes, and then a row of backpacks with tools.
Speaker 7: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and of course way less than there are passengers on the plane.
Speaker 3: Ducks on the plane.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Should there even be any humans in this one?
Speaker 1: I think we've just it's called the battle pilot, so it could be just like flown like a drone.
Speaker 2: I forgot that and some ducks and that's it, and.
Speaker 5: I'll just be at home on like a remote behind the plane.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Very modern, Yeah, very There's still a wheel though, Oh good. The drone with the bus steering wheel is perfect.
Speaker 5: Why can't we fly planes like this?
Speaker 3: You know how to immediately for sure if it's just steering wheel based any vehicle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Maggie, do you think you could?
Speaker 7: Do you think you could drive one of those buses that has the accord it's so long it has the accordion center.
Speaker 5: They're called articulated buses. Yes.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're actually not as hard to turn as regular buses because they follow.
Speaker 5: They follow it, so it's not like.
Speaker 1: You're turning one big thing you're trying to get around a curb. It's like half you know, it's like a sandwich just follows, So it's actually not as hard as a long, long bus.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you have driven mine.
Speaker 1: I haven't, but I have a co worker who drove one, and he talks a lot about how he could drive an articulated bus.
Speaker 5: He's very proud.
Speaker 2: He's proud of it. And maybe a little bit on the spectrum.
Speaker 1: Oh God, for sure, now that I think about for sure.
Speaker 7: That's what I love about that is there's a real there's a specific interest. I was watching a documentary about it once and they were describing this boy and he was on the spectrum, and they were like, he had an interest in Batman and central cooling systems, and I was like, I mean I would give anything to have a specific interest like that, Yeah, specific on point.
Speaker 5: Or to be able to tie the two together.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow, where do they meet.
Speaker 2: On the roof?
Speaker 6: I think I've talked about this before, but I had a little cousin that when he was a child, six or seven.
Speaker 3: Yes, I just got it. That was great, that was great. There's the bird, there's a plane.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, let me look at the units. Yeah, yes, you have a nephew.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I started. I snowplowed over the conversation. First tracks. I he always looked he was obsessed with, specifically vacuum cleaners.
Speaker 6: He would take them apart and put them back together, and everyone's like, this kid's a genius. He knows how He was a little kid and he wanted to And he finally got a vacuum for Christmas as a child, and he was so excited. He took it apart, put it back together and it still worked. And as an adult he became he started a vacuum business. For real kid, he knew early on as a child what he wanted to do.
Speaker 2: I wish I had that it's the fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had no passion back then, or I had passionate about very stupid things like smurfs or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know right right, who wasn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I always found her. I was unnerved by Smurfett.
Speaker 7: She was annoying to sound like a man was voicing a woman, where I'm like, why can't a girl do this?
Speaker 3: Far?
Speaker 5: She was very Harvey firestcene.
Speaker 2: She was a little put on. I felt a little it was a little over the top.
Speaker 5: One girl that's sort of like my work. One girl smurf from the rest.
Speaker 7: He Oh yeah, maybe you did execute the vision from childhood. Oh my god, get a blonde wig and white high heels and wear them to work.
Speaker 5: I mean, a better vision. I want to go back in time and change my vision.
Speaker 6: A lot of the comics we have on that, especially ones that are like very successful, we ask them like, what are your other interests and very have you been surprised, Karen? A lot of people are like I just pretty much do comedy and write jokes and try and perform. And I'm like, oh, maybe there's a drawback to being interested in all these because I've been spending all this time skateboarding and golfing, and I'm like, it's not good for a comedy career, but it's good for me being a human person. Yeah, I like being a human. What human things do you like to do, Maggie, I do.
Speaker 5: I just got started again in glass bead making.
Speaker 1: I love glass bead making and the beads.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with like a torch and glass rods and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: And I.
Speaker 1: I had sold all my stuff when I moved into a bit of a smaller place, but now I'm in a place where I can you know, I have enough room to do it and enough money to do it, and so I've been buying all my gear, although I just I haven't started yet because I forgot to buy glasses.
Speaker 5: You have to have special glasses, and they don't come till tomorrow night. So I'm just like excited.
Speaker 6: Are they the same glasses that someone that ties flies would use? No, it seems like, but that would be cool if they had dual purpose one.
Speaker 3: Big lens on one side.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like two different lenses that are for different distances, like a jeweler.
Speaker 3: Yes, jeweler. Are they like jeweler glasses, Maggie.
Speaker 1: No, They're like they just have like these bluish purple lenses so that you don't see the soda flare that comes off the glass, because that's harmful for your eyeballs.
Speaker 6: So these are indeed glass beads specific I wear any sort of.
Speaker 1: Glass blowing glass work, any hot glass work. You're gonna want to wear those glasses.
Speaker 3: Oh, because they're also protective.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the beads that you make, are they for jewels for jewelry?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Just can.
Speaker 5: You can use them for so many things like yeah, no, primarily jewelry stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so kind of little ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you want me to show you? Yes? Please, okay one moment, please go and.
Speaker 3: Go get some more cheese for us.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: It's so funny because that I actually understood it was a good payoff that cheese was indeed came off in perfect strings and didn't do that damn beveling thing where it comes off like spite thick on oney.
Speaker 7: On the other when string cheese is soft and moist and basically it only peels off in like five pieces, it's almost like it's the wrong style of cheese to be string cheese in the first place.
Speaker 2: It's there's it's so disappointing.
Speaker 3: String cheese has one role, and it certainly isn't for melting on things. We've all made that mistake, not.
Speaker 7: In the least.
Speaker 5: These are all glass beads I've made.
Speaker 3: Ooh yeah, yeah, okay, I want to eat them like candy. They're fun. What it would be a bad idea for me to be like, oh, boy, hard candy and swallow one.
Speaker 5: You're not candy. You'll see it go down like a wrench.
Speaker 2: Those are beautiful, Thank you.
Speaker 5: So I enjoy that.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: There's so many different ones.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: They're like, Oh, and you can make marbles, and you could make things that people might smoke out of.
Speaker 5: You can make all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's I would talk about it. It's legal. I mean, that's not that's she's got a class A driver's like that. You can't be. There's just no way you indulging in the reefer with a state job.
Speaker 5: Why I don't do that.
Speaker 2: You'd risk it all.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want to. I'd be in my head the whole time plowing.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of people Max and Negra, I don't she's able to function.
Speaker 5: Yeah I do. I've okay.
Speaker 1: I've worked there six years and I've only been randomly drug tisted twice, so you could probably get away.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but now I understand weeds for a lot of people, but for me, it makes me overthink everything my life.
Speaker 3: Things I said in.
Speaker 6: Childhood, I'll just go down, Yeah, I'll get high, and then I flinch about things I said in the nineteen ninety to a friend.
Speaker 5: That's fun.
Speaker 3: It should have been nice.
Speaker 7: When you're in that position and you're high and you're upset and you're thinking about that, you just think of my voice saying to you.
Speaker 3: Don't worry.
Speaker 7: They're dead, right, And then you don't have to be upset anymore. It is just imagine those people witnessing you, right.
Speaker 3: It is the way. It's so comforting to just think of everyone. Dad. Isn't that.
Speaker 2: You come change the tapes that run in here? It's time you are able.
Speaker 3: Wait, how do you make a marble perfectly round, Maggie?
Speaker 1: Well, they have this thing that's a marble mold, and there's like it's like a stick, and then it's got this graphite and it's shaped like a half sphere, and so you can press the glass into there.
Speaker 3: You know, how do you do the other side. You wait for it to get hard and then well you can kind of roll it through there. That seems like it would be very hard.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 5: It's hard, but it's fun.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like it now. This happened to me once. Well, welding.
Speaker 6: I haven't welded for a while, but in college it was one of the there was a welding facility in the sculpture annex and sometimes, you know, I'd slam my car into a curb and pull it in there and weld my uh carding. I was getting pretty good at welding. But I one time a hot scald, just a ball of metal fell on my shoe. I wasn't wearing the right boots and it and it was burning on my foot and I had to take off the boot. And at the same time the fringe I used to cut off my jeans, my pants caught on fire. Oh, so my pants were on fire. And then also I was feverishly trying to take off this boot because of this piece of metal.
Speaker 3: Although it was cooling as it sat there, it did leave quite a blister. Have you ever dropped hot scalding glass on your foot, not on.
Speaker 1: My foot, but it's hit my hands many times.
Speaker 3: And do you just wait it out?
Speaker 5: No, I keep a spray bottle.
Speaker 3: Right here, and I go see bottle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about big gloves?
Speaker 1: Big oversized but you generally, like generally, that is an anomaly.
Speaker 5: It doesn't happen, so you don't.
Speaker 1: Need I mean, if you're working with hot, hot glass and you're really close to it and it's like big globules, you're gonna want to wear gloves because the heat will radiate so much. But I'm making such tiny things that it doesn't get hot enough to really.
Speaker 2: Need gloves, you know, Okay.
Speaker 6: And big old, bulky gloves all of this, I mean, imagine what a nightmare it would be.
Speaker 3: That's like a bad dream I would have.
Speaker 6: Where you have big oversized gloves that keep getting bigger and bigger as the marble you're making has to get smaller and smaller and rounder.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of dream that all have stress, a lot of trauma.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I and and to get this job where my gloves grow and the marbles have to get smaller, I have to quit comedy to go back to a specialized school.
Speaker 3: To learn how to do it. Those are the kind of dreams I have.
Speaker 2: It's huge, stressful, yeah, not real.
Speaker 1: No, change your thoughts, yes, change that tabum, new tape, new cassette.
Speaker 3: When did you put out your tougher than a honeybe album? How do people listen? Is it anywhere people listen to music?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it on Spotify? Mine got taken down?
Speaker 5: So why didn't they get taken down?
Speaker 3: I don't know really.
Speaker 2: Because they Spotify did a whole comedy. Can they take everything?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I thought everything was back up?
Speaker 2: Yeah they said that.
Speaker 3: I don't even know.
Speaker 5: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: You can listen to it at all the musical channels, like you can get it on the iTunes and Spotify, and you know none of those pay except XM, So go listen to it on XM.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, do you have your joke?
Speaker 7: You all?
Speaker 6: My favorite comp actually Andy Ritchie, who I missed very much. He had the best funeral joke. I have a funeral joke where my powdered legs get shot into the audience. Will you do in a bridge version of your funeral joke for us?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 5: Do I have a funeral joke?
Speaker 3: I thought you did.
Speaker 5: Oh how did that go?
Speaker 1: When I die at my funeral the middle of the ceremony, I want.
Speaker 5: A magician to come in and actually saw me in half.
Speaker 3: There it is, that's it. Oh god, I was so panicked. I hate what I no, no, you're right.
Speaker 6: I just have to.
Speaker 2: Get that back in the notebook. That needs to go into the next set.
Speaker 5: Please. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that ever.
Speaker 5: Made it on any albums. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love a good This is how I want my funeral to be joke.
Speaker 6: It's so specific, and some of my favorite people all I'm like, well, here's their funeral joke.
Speaker 1: Swartz had had a good one too about I think it was like the coffin would come out, but then everyone would be looking at.
Speaker 5: The coffin and crying, and I would come down on wires. My body would.
Speaker 3: Come on wires.
Speaker 6: All that so, and Andy's was like during the funeral, someone uh comes in with a top hat, wearing a black leotard and a monocle and just goes up to the open cactus. Cat cat ca, let's call it a coffin, It says, check mate, and then leaves.
Speaker 3: Everyone is like, that's funny. Did Andy have a nemesisis it's.
Speaker 5: A good show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's some clever stuff. Yeah, so good.
Speaker 6: I'm I miss all the Kim and you and everyone of your ilk and the cut of your Minnesota jib.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've had some good times.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The funny thing is, Maggie, I think we've only hung out probably nine times. You think, yeah, but right away we're like, Okay, this is a this is.
Speaker 3: A funny person. That's a safe person to sit next to.
Speaker 5: I think you get that vibrate away if you are you aren't, you know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I got that vibe from you, and that's why I got that vibe from you. This recorded, uh friendship starting with you and Karen. I hope that you get to be in the same room together up to nine times.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's our goal for Twine.
Speaker 5: I'm going to drive for tour Bus, so we'll be in a bus.
Speaker 3: Yes, a very special episode of a ride.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, a big.
Speaker 2: Ride, double decker, but oh that would be kidding.
Speaker 5: You have to watch for low bridges, though.
Speaker 2: Bridges are not until YouTube, the advent of YouTube. Did I understand those?
Speaker 3: The low bridge?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You have you seen that? The one where somebody has.
Speaker 5: That yep in their garment or whatever. It's the greatest, so good.
Speaker 1: I mean it's so clearly marked, and then a thousand people have done it, but yet they still try.
Speaker 5: Oh I can fit right.
Speaker 7: And often they're drive they're going like forty miles. It's like they're not They're just not even thinking anything could happen. It's not like they're approaching it with caution.
Speaker 2: Just imagine, for rid the jerk on that.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine that abrupt stop, deep.
Speaker 2: Pit in your stomach, how badly you just fucked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, if you have a commercial drivers, once you're done, that day, you're done.
Speaker 5: Is that true? Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't hit a bridge, yeah, bridges, bridges ticket are.
Speaker 7: There any other like, uh, drop dead rules to kill somebody at a bridge?
Speaker 2: I can't kill everybody.
Speaker 5: I don't even know. I think you cannot accident.
Speaker 2: I mean it depends on how it figures if they were at fault, you know.
Speaker 3: Yes, what about the guy that drove around with a little car in his shovel.
Speaker 5: He didn't even get in any trouble or anything.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, he's the same guy.
Speaker 1: I won't say his name, but last week we were you have to blow the snow off of bridges, because what happens is there's like the wall of the bridge and then the snow piles up like that and people can launch their cars off to the bridges and then they die. But so we have to come along and blow that snow away from the edge of the bridge and haul it away in trucks and stuff. And he was miscalculated a few things and he broke four windshields below on the highway. Bigots of snow fell into their windshields, Like, wouldn't that be startling?
Speaker 5: That would scare the crap up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially as a pedestrian.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I wouldn't want that would Although as a pedestrian you don't have that many windshields, right right, No, I only.
Speaker 5: Have two small ones.
Speaker 3: It could break your glasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he broke three windshields and one pair of glasses.
Speaker 5: Do you remember those gay glasses that had like win person. I like stuff like that.
Speaker 7: I feel like, Maggie, you should do this podcast again because you are the one of the most on theme. Because this podcast used to take place we would drive around in a car pit. Yeah, up and drive around, and so you have brought the theme back by being so vehicularly orient one.
Speaker 5: Now, would you guys drive or did you have a driver?
Speaker 1: We did drive, so you would have to concentrate on driving and conversation.
Speaker 6: I really really, I really really had to concentrate. That is kind of easier for Karen. Okay, she can think.
Speaker 2: Good job there, Yeah, thank you. We women multitask.
Speaker 5: Yeah, feminism, maybe I could do it now with my adderall on time.
Speaker 1: I gave my mother a ride along in my plow truck and we got into such a heated political discussion that I was shifting a load of salt like this, and I was not paying an attention. I was looking at my mom yelling about politics. And I dumped all the salt out onto the highway.
Speaker 5: And I was like, you can't keep talking to me about this.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so symbolic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's saying, Marjorie Taylor Green has some good points. Oh god, one of those nightmares, something like, God.
Speaker 5: I don't even remember what we were talking about.
Speaker 3: I just love that you had your mom on for a ride along.
Speaker 1: Oh she had fun. She was delighted, and she was an easy passenger. Some passengers are very difficult.
Speaker 7: But are there if any do you need to ride Listeners who are Minnesota based wanted to do a ride along with you? Is that something they have to apply for through the state.
Speaker 1: No, just slip me one hundred dollars okay, yeah, no, no, they would just have to contact me. I have so many people that want to do it and say they'll do it, and they're really excited to do it, but they don't want to get up at six in the morning.
Speaker 5: You know, they never so they don't fall through. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That already weeds me out right.
Speaker 2: I know people are like, I'm an early morning person.
Speaker 5: Me too, Yes, me too. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I love the early mornings and I love feeling like I did something. I need it.
Speaker 5: You can be done by any Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's easy.
Speaker 2: Okay, we' this is this is a success.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you guys now have plans. My master plan worked. You did it?
Speaker 1: Chris like people to get friend match maker, I am there's got to be a market for that.
Speaker 3: There has to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in this day and age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in this economy.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah for real speed friend making you make it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, make an app?
Speaker 2: Will speed three friend making.
Speaker 5: Pilot docs not included.
Speaker 2: Maggie having me.
Speaker 1: I love you, guys, I really appreciate it all things. Tell everyone to look me up on Extreme Maggie on Everything.
Speaker 5: Wait, what what is it?
Speaker 3: For real?
Speaker 1: I'm Extreme Magie on you know, TikTok and the fucking whatever. My website is Extreme Maggie.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I'm throwing in some promotion of Extreme Magie on everything. I have like over one hundred Twitter followers.
Speaker 2: So yeah, get on, I'm going to be the next one.
Speaker 5: Okay, are you on TikTok?
Speaker 2: I only walked things.
Speaker 7: I don't make videos, but I but I enjoy TikTok in those organization videos. The organization video, don't they Yeah, they really are amazing. And the guys that redo people's front lawn.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, meg grown yeah, you have to get into that like a time lapse.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, time satisfying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good.
Speaker 5: That's all I do on TikTok Landscape.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so that's good.
Speaker 3: That's good. Follow up? Think about lip syncing and dancing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's just a thought, just to branch out twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: I'm not on trend. Guys, look at me.
Speaker 6: You've you've just met my friend Maggie Ferris and Mark and Karen's new friend.
Speaker 3: Who the hell's mart? Why did I bring Mark? Martha can come to Why don't you guys?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are your friends with Martha? Oh yeah, Martha so much the great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why your name flew out of my mouth.
Speaker 6: Oh god, but thank you for being on podcast Meg, Thank you you're the bit you've been listening.
Speaker 3: Do you need a ride?
Speaker 5: D y n a R.
Speaker 3: This has been an Exactly Right.
Speaker 7: Production produced by Analise Nelson, mixed by Edson Choy.
Speaker 2: Our talent booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 3: Theme song by Karen Kilgarrett.
Speaker 2: Artwork by Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 7: Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y n a AR Podcast.
Speaker 3: For more information, go to exactly Rightmedia dot com. Thank you, Oh you're welcome. Hong Kong
Speaker 5: Do Do Do Do Do Do Do