Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan, Part one Behind a Thing with a member of the show.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the weekend to Amy, joins me. Thanks for coming on, Amy, glad to be back. We got some things to talk about this weekend. Now, you haven't been on Best Bits since you shared the big news, So how are you feeling?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel okay. I feel better than I I mean, time helps with everything, so it has been a little bit. So I'm feeling better.
Speaker 2: And in case anybody miss it, I don't want to just say big notes, but nothing but Amy and her boyfriend broke up. It's been a couple of weeks since you shared, but you haven't been on Best Bits. We haven't got to really like have a moment to talk about it. But I'm glad you're feeling good and time does heal.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm you know, after being with someone for a year and a half, it's it just feels different and I don't really know what will happen. I'm just trying to focus on myself and the kids and have seen him and gone to sporting events and we're cordial. Everything is good like it was very I don't know the word. I think I said on the show, like it was just a really healthy breakup.
Speaker 2: Are you feeling like what kind of things are you feeling now? Because obviously you had your divorce, you healed, you went through that whole process. Then you get in a relationship and now you're having this breakup, Like is there. I imagine that a lot of people can relate to those feelings. So that's why I want to see if you can kind of talk to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's very different than a for the the divorce feelings.
Speaker 1: And after putting yourself out there and you're going through that.
Speaker 3: I think thankfully because it was so like I said, a healthy breakup and felt peaceful and honest. The whole relationship was good for my nervous system. It showed me that I can be in relationship. So it gives me hope, whether it's with him or somebody else down the line. But I'm not I think I was eager for that relationship because yeah, I hadn't experienced it before, and now that I have, I'm like, Okay, I'm not someone right now that is. I can't wait to get in my next relationship at all. I don't want to rush it. I think someone even commented on maybe the Instagram posts that went up about our breakup. They're like, how many dads are these kids going to have? And I was like, okay, what, I had a boyfriend, he wasn't their dad. Their dad is their dad. I mean, well, technically if they're saying that been three because they have their biological dad who has never been in their life at all whatsoever. And then they have their adopted dad, which is my ex husband, and he is very much their everyday dad. And then their dad has a girlfriend and she plays a role in their life. And then I had a boyfriend and he played a role in their life. And he actually still communicates with them and they'll send text or if they've got questions. And he ran a lot of track and has trained like he did track in college and yes that was a long time ago, but he gets the gist of how to train and to run and to run fast, like I don't know how to train a runner. And yes, Stevenson has track coaches and I think someone said, let his dad do that. Okay, well his dad is helping him with that, But you have someone that track is literally took up a huge chunk of their life and they can help. So I love that Stevenson can go to him and say, you know, do you have any tips for this, or he can just take it upon himself to say, don't forget what I taught you about doing this when you're running and how you pace yourself.
Speaker 2: And I love that you guys are still communicating because I also imagine having kids in the mix just adds another rash to all of that.
Speaker 1: You can't just totally clean.
Speaker 3: Break and say bye never no, And in some people's situations they might need to do that. In our situation, we didn't, and it was important to us that we didn't just disappear out of the kids' lives. And I understand that may not be the case for everybody, and of course that may have an expiration date if somebody else gets into a relationship. I get that, but neither one of us are quickly trying to move on. And that's just not at the top of my list of things to do. And oh, what I was also going to say, is we even though they were involved, he was involved in my kids' lives, it wasn't everyday stuff like nobody was living together. He wasn't taking on a dad role. Of course, he would be there for the kids if they needed anything, but same thing with his kids. I had a I had boundaries at times, like I wasn't their mom, and if we advanced in our relationship, I might take on more of a role, but I tried to respect the fact that I wasn't and at the same time, Alex would respect the fact that he's not their dad.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, people.
Speaker 2: On the internet always have a once kewed view of a situation versus the entire scope of our relationship.
Speaker 3: Right And I'm not taking my kids around just introducing them to random men, like.
Speaker 1: Here's my son. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 3: No? Like so, I mean that part when you have kids involved, it definitely is an extra layer that makes it challenging. And you know, you want to consider all everyone's feelings and then as the adults, you have to make the one that's best for you, and in that moment, that's what was best for us. I don't know what time will tell, but uh, I'm being patient and I'm open to whatever may happen down the line, but nothing is I know for certain that that's just not my main focus right now at all. And I'm feeling really great about that.
Speaker 2: It's a fun place to be in your life when it isn't your focus. Yeah, and you get to enjoy other parts to it, whether it's your career, whether it's being a mom, whether it's just living alone. Yeah, having friendships, finding new hobbies. There is a freedom that comes with that of just getting to enjoy your own company.
Speaker 1: So maybe you're in.
Speaker 2: That era right now where you're really starting to feel comfortable in that solitude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have a problem in my being alone right now. I don't feel lonely. That may not always be the case, but right now I'm feeling good. So that's where we are, And to anyone else that may be in a similar situation, it's not easy, especially after you've gone through a divorce and then you find somebody and it's been a year and a half, so you think, oh, this is clearly lou one and we always knew all along. We're not going to keep dating if we don't think this is going to work because we have other variables.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're intentionally dating, which also adds more to it. When you're fun dating, learning who you are, learning what you like there's a different layer of seriousness that comes. But at this point in your life with kids and there is involvement, and you're older, you understand that, oh, this date, I'm not dating you just to have fun, Like this is not fundies. No, you're dating for an intentional reason. So that just makes things a little bit more complex than they would be a typical dating situation. So that's why I wanted you to speak on it, because you have a different perspective. Me talking about my dating was so different.
Speaker 1: I had never been married.
Speaker 2: I was again learning who I was, learning what I wanted. It was a different type of dating. You're in a different part of your life dating and people can relate to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you may be in a different situation, like you might be how I you might be where I'm feeling with it, But you might be like one of my friends who's also divorced, and she likes to go out all the time and she wants to meet guys, and she was trying to get me the other weekend to go out, and I was like, that's just not what I want to go do, and she's like, oh, come on, we need to go. I met these guys and we can go out with them, And I'm like, that's not what I want to do. Are you hearing me?
Speaker 1: This is not for me.
Speaker 3: It's not for me. And she's in that season and I think that's great and that I may get there, but that's just not where I am. And so I think we're at.
Speaker 1: This page going out to go and meet people at bars.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't even I don't even know that. I would say she's going out to bars. More like there's like she's going out with groups of people to like, Oh, we're going to go to this dinner. We're going to go to the I don't have heard of, like the Tornado Room. It's like a small place in leapers Fork like it's but she's going with a group and she's like, oh, and these three guys they're going to be there. It's not like she's going out just to meet guys. But she has met people while she's going out, and she wants to go out to dinner all the time, and she just wants to be out because if you're out, it is more of a chance. But it's not like she's hitting the bars. I guess I should clarify what out in your forties means versus maybe out out younger.
Speaker 2: But oh, I could totally see you doing that then the dinners and yeah, but.
Speaker 3: That's not even what I want to do. And I'm having to really listen to that and then just understand that, Yeah, some of my single friends were going to be in different phases of single. That's just I guess the best way to put it. Yeah, some singles are ready to go out and open to meeting. And I saw too if you are into that. There was this one. I don't know if it was a matchmaker or something, but you have all these things are showing up on my feet because well, my friends have been sending me matchmakers in my dms and so it pops up on my algorithm now. And she was giving a tip of if you want to go out, you need to leave the house and get out of the car, of like, this is going to be the best night ever. I'm going to have the best time no matter what it is, and that will be more likely to result in you having a good time in you potentially meeting somebody than sort of going out and being like, oh, I'm not feeling that great, I'm not that confident like this sucks. I hate having to go out to meet people. Like, if you enter the evening with that attitude, you're less likely to have the energy that's going to draw the attention of somebody. But if you get out of the car and be like, I feel great, even if you're playing a little mind game with yourself, you may have more success.
Speaker 2: I had a matchmaker come on my podcast, and when I was talking to her, she said, date or just live your life like you're on vacation, because everybody when they're on vacation is a different person.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, that's the thing. I just need to, like somehow bottle up how I feel on vacation. It comes more naturally because when you're on vacation, It's true, I go out more, I want to go out to eat, I want to do all the things. I want to get dressed up.
Speaker 1: But when you're home, you don't feel that way.
Speaker 2: So that's why she was like, you have to start treating it like you're getting vacation mode back into you. So she described it as that, So maybe that's the way you have to It's a.
Speaker 3: Good way to put it, but that's not where I'm fine with not being in You're like, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Be in vacation mode. I want to be on my couch enjoying solitude and having fun.
Speaker 3: But that it will be a good reminder for me to have when I do get the urge to do that, because I'm sure that time will come. It's just not where I am right now. It's not a priority.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's okay. You never get there either, though. It's okay. You might meet somebody in a totally.
Speaker 2: Unique way that isn't any of those. That's the coolest part about it is we never know how we're going to eventually meet that person. Life has a funny way of working things out, so you may never have to leave your couch. Some people have met people from deliveries on their porch or yeah, you never know what you might run into. So life happened in funny ways. But if you don't, that's okay. Yeah, but I enter it. Well, thank you for the update. I needed to know how you were headspace, where you were at. We don't get to talk a lot of girl chat on the show sometimes, so I wanted to check in on you. Thank you, how you're doing all right? We're going to take a quick break. We'll be right back talk about some fun topics here speaking of just taking different life patterns things like that. So all of this Artemis Too stuff when they went up, they circled the moon, they came back down had me in kind of a different headspace where I was thinking, Huh, I could have just like changed my whole trajectory.
Speaker 1: Go back to school's.
Speaker 2: Study science, learn to be a pilot, and I could go to space. Like I had this moment where I was like, maybe I just need to rewrite my entire plan for the next thirty years. Do you ever have those moments we just want to rewrite everything and try something different. No, you don't ever, You just stay on the one path. I like where I am well career wise. I don't it fills my cup. I like what I get to do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm trying to add some different things to my plate and remove certain things that don't necessarily fill my cup. So that sort of changes of like, uh, I'm not really getting joy from this, but I think the filling cup thing matches more because there's some stuff I can do that's part of my work. And I was explaining it to someone that I'm working with on a small project, and she put it to me that way of like, oh, it just sounds like that's not really filling your cup anymore, and this other thing might fill it more. And I was like, yes, that's exactly it, Like I can do it and it's fine, but I'm not. I'm walking away more drained from it than I am full. So I would like to shift that because but I have to do it with intention, because I mean, it's a job, so I can't just like walk away or it's money. I can't just walk away. I mean some people might be able to. I'm not in a position where I can just walk away, So I have to shift some things around. So I guess that's what I'm doing, and I'll share more about it later when I have it figured out and done. But I am shifting some things in what I do and how I diversify my income. Like we have the Bobby Bone Show, but we have a lot of other side projects that we do that bring in money, and I'm trying to shift some of those around because some are not bringing me joy and I think others will. So I'm trying to create more opportunities for the other But I don't have them yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is exciting.
Speaker 3: That's a I know it's not directly answering your question, but my big umbrella of what I do, I'm not trying to change. I don't think about swapping that out for some other life other than maybe not having to work at all. I'm just getting to stay home. But then I don't know that I would like that either. I don't know, but some days you're just over it. I think everybody feels that way. Maybe maybe not. But I am trying to move some things about and it's going to take time and I'm having to be patient. But I'm trying to do it well, like I'm the person I'm working with like a pirtor to help me do it well, and so I'm investing back into myself. But then I think it'll end up making me more money down the line. So I just have to believe that that's what's going to happen. But it may take a minute.
Speaker 1: So that is a you.
Speaker 2: Are changing some things, yeah, but you're doing it under the side big umbrella.
Speaker 3: I'm not like leaving what I do to go be change my major and go back to school and be a scientist. And go to the moon.
Speaker 2: I know it is like it was like a random I think it's in the days that I have the most stress when I just am like, maybe if I just become an astronaut, I go to space and that'll be a cool experience of my life.
Speaker 1: But then I started thinking about the logistics of all of that and it's probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: No, I get really overwhem boy that So it's hard because much like you said, I love what we do. I love the parts of it that you know get You get a lot of joy out of It's the mundane that makes it harder. But everything comes with the mundane side. You have that in everything that you do. So I think that's where I'm I just am trying to be more in the present moment. But watching them do the whole space thing, getting to like have our first female astronaut and that whole exp really was like, why didn't I further explore my love for space and trying.
Speaker 3: To be a female astronaut To the moon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, to the moon.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm not talking about the Katie Ferry one, the what is that group that went well? But there are other female yes, yeah, to the Moon that circled around the Moon.
Speaker 1: I've got to be on the on that specific mission.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we have some on the ISS, the International Space Station, but no, that like in the idea of if they continue that and we land on Mars and we do stuff on Mars and we explore other planets.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, that's so fascinating to me.
Speaker 3: But I like watching some of this stuff, but I don't have I have zero desire to go myself. That seems scary.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, if you got a chance today to go to space, you.
Speaker 2: Went nope, nope, see, And that's where I'm so curious about what that'll look.
Speaker 3: That's what they're like the I don't know the odds of dying on that, but it would terrify me to go up in a rocket. I just would feel like I was going to explode or something. And then, speaking of stress, being in space is very stressful on the body. Yeah, so I'm good, I know if we give me a wonderful perspective and probably so school, so cool, But the fear I have inside of me is larger than the desire I have to do that, which that's like, I just don't I don't like roller coasters. I don't like heights, so space is very scary to me.
Speaker 2: So you're not a very adventurous person. I would say, adrenaline junkie is not part of you. No, No, that is where we differing. Yeah, I have those sides, not fully, but I do have some. And I think if somebody offered me a chance to go to space today, I think I would.
Speaker 3: Go, yeah, and just good for you, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: All bets are off. Yeah, but that's why where I think that desire comes from.
Speaker 2: But I also think there's so much normalcy in experiencing the world that we are right now, and you just have moments where you just lie frustrates you and you want to just rewrite everything because it just is frustrating. I think that's where I get moments of right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Maybe that's because I'm really into my thirties. Now. Am I having a midlife crisis? Does that really happen at thirty?
Speaker 3: No? I don't think you're having a midlife crisis. I think you're having like occasional thoughts or sometimes you're like, okay, just make this all change a little bit to make it more interesting or you know, different, But life, Yeah, No, you're about you're embarking on new adventures, you're about to get married, and you're not having a mid life crisis.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: But do you, I mean, do you have a midlife crisis that real?
Speaker 3: Some people do, I think they call I think that's a generalization for what happens with some people.
Speaker 1: Like you.
Speaker 3: Picture a middle aged man leaving his wife or a younger woman and buying a sports car, and it's like a midlife crisis. But I think it can show up in a lot of different ways, not just that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just the one we've been just seo about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I do think buy a sports car and get married, and then I don't know, then I'll have half of the two. Yeah, well my fulfilled Yeah, a sports car driving fast, you're adrenaline like, I don't know. That's what my former father in law like. He was a fighter pilot and loved to fly, obviously, and you're going so fast that when he got out at the Air Force and he wasn't flying as much, he got a motor he got a Harley, got a motorcycle. He loved to go ride. He wanted to be, you know, out on the road. And then that became really dangerous for him as he got older, and he ended up selling it. He was like, that would be crazy for me to be out riding right now, and lost a friend that was riding his Harley and got in an accident and died. So I think that woke him up of like, I don't need to be chasing this right anymore, but like I would never I don't have zero desire to get on a motorcycle. I and that's on the ground, so it doesn't even have to be space. Like I don't want to be on a motorcycle. I don't want to be on an ATV. I don't I don't want to be I don't want to go to the bottom of the ocean. It's not just up, it's down. Like the people that went down to look at the Titanic and then they died. I would not go. I don't want to get on a submarine nothing. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm sensing the theme here.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do scuba diving.
Speaker 1: And all of those things sound so much fun to apparently want it right now.
Speaker 3: I apparently wanted to go snorkel.
Speaker 1: You don't even go that far under you stick your head on.
Speaker 3: The it's cool, you see cool things. But I'm like, Okay, been there, done that. I'm actually shocked. I went skydiving, but that was a thirtieth birthday thing and lunchbox and I went, and so it was a celebratory, like him turning thirty. I'm gonna go do this thing that I never thought I would do, and I won't ever do it again.
Speaker 2: See, And that's something that's on my list that that might be the only thing that actually terrifies me is skydiving.
Speaker 3: But you want to go to space, yeah, because skydiving is just thirteen thousand feet.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you're in a rocket, you know, And the Brocket seems scarier to me than some little airplane.
Speaker 3: It's gonna got airplane.
Speaker 1: And then you jump out of it, and then you're in the atmosphere, not protected, you're just your whole body is on the air. But all of that everything you just mentioned, I would go do. I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: And it's not like I don't have a desire if I also love sitting on my couch, but I do have a desire to just go into things and try them.
Speaker 1: But I too like to go fast.
Speaker 2: Like there was one time I was riding a jet ski with my dad and he let me drive. I was really young and I decided to go really fast and I threw him off and he's not very happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Like, I'm the lamest jet skier ever. I would go so.
Speaker 2: Slow, really like cautionary. You're just coasting instead of actually riding. Yeah, what about riding a horse?
Speaker 1: Would you ride a horse?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I just not very fast, just slow, Yeah, just a walking horse. I would love to ride a horse that doesn't seem scary to me. I know that it can be, but I just need to be on a tame horse wearing a helmet. Yeah maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, I learned something new about you here at this moment. All Right, we're gonna take another quick break and we'll be right back. All right, This one is funny.
Speaker 1: Have you watched Love on the Spectrum Metal on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Bits and pieces? Okay, I'm familiar enough.
Speaker 2: So there was a couple and they recently broke up, which is why I think some of the clips have.
Speaker 1: Been going viral recently.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched the whole series, but Abby is the girl who's in this clip, and it was funny because she was talking to her partner at the time and her mom was also there, or his mom, and an awkward thing gets brought up in the conversation and she just looks at her dog. She says, Clementine has anal issues, and that was how.
Speaker 1: She like averted the situation, and it maybe start thinking about the times that like when have you ever used something to get out of an awkward conversation?
Speaker 2: Like have you ever had awkward moments? And how did you get out of it?
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like if I were to say something like that, it would make it more awkward.
Speaker 1: Right, But again, love on the spectrum, so she's living with it. That was like a personality trait. She that was her response.
Speaker 2: She wanted to talk about her dog instead of what they were talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I don't know that I have a particular example where i've but my friend was just at my house the other day and has a child on the spectrum, and he said to his mom, he just went away for college and he's at a special school and like doing great there. But even for his acceptance into the college, like he was so direct and said to them, you know, there are two hundred and eight universities in the state that I could go to, and this is the only one I want to be at, so you better take me, you know. And I was like, I have to so directed. But then he came home for Easter and apparently all weekend held his tongue because his mom cut her hair off and didn't say anything. But then when he was leaving, he hugged her and he's like, goobye, I love you, and he's like, don't ever cut your hair. It does not look good. And then he walked off and we were just laughing at how, you know, because they've been working with him on that. I mean, but he's gonna say what he's gonna say, you know. Uh. But that they were like, god, you know, he went the whole weekend without making comment, but couldn't resist at the very end, at the very end, walking out the door and just telling it to her, like it was like, trust me, you do not want to ever cut your hair off again. It does not look good.
Speaker 2: It's so cool to expect your life for them, right, Like they really are so direct. They're like the versions of us that haven't been tainted by everything.
Speaker 1: They're just completely themselves. Yea and it's the coolest thing to witness.
Speaker 3: I said, Like, growing up, there were stories like sometimes he's a church where you know you had to be careful because he might if he hadn't seen it a little bit. And you even put on a little bit of weight.
Speaker 1: He would tell you that's funny.
Speaker 3: And he would be like, yeah, so you probably put on about I don't know, ten pounds And they'd be like, oh my gosh. You know. So I haven't had an awkward like a moment where I've made it even more awkward. I mean, I'm sure I have. I just can't call them. I'm sure other people might be like, oh, Amy was very awkward here, but I either wasn't aware or I had blocked it from my memory.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what, maybe it'll make you have come up with something.
Speaker 2: But I was on a date one time and it was just not going very well at all. It was actually a date that we talked about on the show at one point, but I was there and I was like, how do I get out of this without.
Speaker 1: Being mean that I need to leave? And we're sitting there.
Speaker 2: It was a coffee date and I just was like, I think I'm going to throw up.
Speaker 1: I like ran to the bathroom and just kind of stood there. I didn't I obviously wasn't going to I just didn't.
Speaker 3: Know what else to say because they really wanted out of there.
Speaker 1: There was no conversation happening. It was rough.
Speaker 2: It was like one of those and I didn't have an exit planned and I was exhaust so I was just like, I think, I'm I think I have to throw up, and I ran away and that was like the last moment I came back out.
Speaker 1: I was like, I need to go home.
Speaker 2: And that gave me like my out and I think about that a lot that I just abruptly ended the conversation with that poor guy by saying, I think I need to throw up.
Speaker 3: He's probably wondering what in the world happened to you?
Speaker 1: Yes, and it reminded me of this moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you say, my dog's anal glands what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like Clementine has anal issues.
Speaker 2: So if you need to get out of an awkward situation, you can use Clementine has anal issues or I think I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 1: But those are some of the ones that came to mind. Still nothing, nothing, happening now.
Speaker 3: I know, but I'll keep that in mind that I have to throw up one. Yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 2: It's a good exit strategy for sure. Just you know, if you do decide to start dating to get one day, be prepared.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm definitely guilty of I just can't give an exact example, but of not not what you're talking about, but saying too much over sharing out of the gate with people that I barely know at a social gathering, and in my internal dialogue is shut up, why are you sharing this with them? So I would say my equivalent to that is just sometimes sharing way too much, way too soon with people that do not know me, like other like I'll just be talking to girls and I be like, well, they're not going to be friends with me anymore, Like why did I just share that very personal detail?
Speaker 1: Do you do you feel awkwardness?
Speaker 2: Like I look at lunchbox, right, he doesn't feel anything awkward.
Speaker 1: Nothing bothers him. He's not impacted.
Speaker 3: Yeah he no. I've gone and done stuff with him before and nothing faces him. He does not care. He's like, who cares, don't be embarrassed. We're doing like a secret recording bit or something. And this dates back years ago. I always felt awkward. We used to go to Barton Creek Mall in Austin and we would record content and he had no shame, like he would walk right up to whomever and just I mean, and I was mortified, mortified.
Speaker 2: But do you feel that way now or do you feel like you've gotten out of that. No, I was still film mortified. Yeah, started back then and still feel the same way.
Speaker 1: So I do.
Speaker 2: I admire that quality trade of him. I wish I didn't feel shame or embarrassment as much as I do.
Speaker 3: You admire when he we're backstage and he's yelling at celebrities with like no shame, Like I walk away. I'm like, I am not with this person. I do not know him. I am not with him. But to hit I hey, shout out to him. Though he always gets really good video I know, and ends up, you know, high fiving fifty cent or I was gonna say Diddy, but it's probably not a good example to use anymore. But somebody famous Mariah Carey, uh like fame, fame, fame. I mean the country people I feel like we see all the time and they're probably like oh my gosh, there's lunch walks yelling and they kind of are like, okay, but people that were famous like when we were kids. He sees them now he freaks out and like I said, to his credit, he will get a good video out of it. But I put my head down and I'm like, I do not know him, and I shouldn't, like who cares? We're probably never going to see Mariah Carey again, and if we do, at another work event or something, she's not gonna remember. So who cares.
Speaker 1: Yep, which is what his like whole theory is. And I wish I had it. I don't. I just don't. I don't even in normal public settings from I'm by myself with that famous people, I just I get embarrassed so easily.
Speaker 2: Like and I feel shame more often than I should from ringe. Cringe, Yes, cringe is the word I'm looking for. So that's one one quality trait I admire I do not have. That's one of my flaws. I look at it more like good for him. That makes me happy for him. But I don't know that I want it like I don't admire.
Speaker 1: Like I want that.
Speaker 3: I wish I had that for myself like, like, I think, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Did you know that we have lizards in Tennessee?
Speaker 3: I think so? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but skink? Do you know what skink is?
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 1: I learned this new amphibian. It's a version of it of a lizard and a skin drop from my garage door when I opened it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll have to look it up. See if I've ever seen a skink before.
Speaker 1: I bet you have.
Speaker 2: I think we have more often skinks than we do like full blown lizards. Like the lizards that we would typically see, they're a little bit more slimy and quick, and they come in all different colors, so you'd pis seem in your garden if you've been out doing stuff outside of your house.
Speaker 3: But oh yeah, if I saw this, it would kind of freak me out because it looks like a little snake.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 3: They're some lizards are kind of cute. But this one is not to me at all whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Uh Well, this one fell out as I was trying to get into my garage and was then proceeding to hide behind a kennel that I had out.
Speaker 1: In the garage. I was just sitting there on my thing and I they're good to have around though.
Speaker 3: I think they said they're harmless to humans and they eat insects, snails and spiders, which okay, I feel like we need other spider seeds some other things. But my house is full of stink bugs right now, but they don't or my back porch and in my garage. They're everywhere, the little but I did not know they were stink bugs. Cell was like, they don't stink. I haven't googled it yet, but evidently I was talking to a friend and I was like, oh my gosh, these bugs are everywhere. They're like, oh, yeah, those are stink bugs, I said, but they don't smell, so I didn't think they were stink bugs. And they said if you squash them, that is when they smell. And I was like, oh, well, I haven't squashed them, because yep, okay, that's what they are. I just googled them brown mammorated stink bug.
Speaker 2: They're everywhere, and I think they can also blend in.
Speaker 1: I think they can be green.
Speaker 3: They camouflage. Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 1: Is it okay?
Speaker 2: Because I've definitely seen them in different colors and I didn't know if that meant there's different variations of the stink bug.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's killing the stink bug causes it to release a pungent, foul smelling chemical odor, which is primarily defense mechanism. It can linger stained surfaces. Ooh, so be careful potentially attract more stink bugs to your home. It's best to remove them gently instead of crushing them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have not crushed one, and I gently removed them outside, like if they're on my screen porch, I put them out, and then some of them have made their way into my house and I'm trying to get them out. But good to know. So, yeah, stink bugs everywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh, stink bugs are crazy in the South, like Tennessee.
Speaker 1: If you go anywhere they will add a certain season or certain timeframe, they will just be swarmed. So is that what your deck looks like?
Speaker 3: I guess yeah they were yeah, ye last night specifically up on my screened in Like I have a screened in porch and the top of the screen they were just crawling all over it.
Speaker 2: And I capture my skink and bring it over to your ports to eat them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, but I feel bad. I don't want to kill them, but but that's.
Speaker 1: What they do.
Speaker 2: That's what I have skinks and you have stink bugs. Weird names for amphibians and insects, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Who decided? I'm they look at the lizard and say that's a skink. I don't know of all names, or look a bug and say that's.
Speaker 3: A stink fun entomologist. I guess I took entomology in college?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 3: Was that part of your I don't remember the details. I just i'm the detail. I mean, I don't know if we learned like where the names come from. I'm sure we did. But my professor did a pot luck and he brought us food like termite pizza.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, did he give you insects at the potwock?
Speaker 3: Yes? And did you eat it? Yeah? I think we all took bites of different things. Because he also explained to us that bugs are in all of our food anyways, and there's a certain amount, like in our peanut butter. They the FDA, there's a certain a mount that's acceptable that are just going out on the ingredient list. Well because it's not it's such a minuscule amount, but like they can't avoid a crushed up bug leg that ends up in your jar of peanut butter.
Speaker 1: I am never gonna like a peanut butter are the same.
Speaker 3: Well, it's an all food or any food. Uh. And at least that's what I remember learning twenty years ago. I could be wrong, but he would teach class two sometimes with hissing roaches crawling all over him.
Speaker 1: He was a very interesting He sounds like an interesting guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think he has since passed away.
Speaker 1: I heard, but hissing roaches.
Speaker 2: I mean the only time I've heard of people really consuming bugs. Like I went to a Mexican restaurant and they had I think it was crickets or something that you could have with your quacamole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cricket tacos or a thing in Mexico. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then obviously in the tequila. What's the bug that you can drink in. Some of the tequila.
Speaker 1: Doesn't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Scorpion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's a scorpion instead of it bug in tequila.
Speaker 1: Seeing what pops up? Worms? Oh?
Speaker 3: Worms? Is there a drink that has a scorpion in it? There might be that seems dangerous. Scorpion And I.
Speaker 2: Think you're right though, I think that's a thing in another one small ones, yes, mm hmm, okay. Scorpion mescal is a small batch featuring a real edible scorpion inside every bottle, So you could have worm tequila or a scorpion tequila.
Speaker 1: So I guess insects all of that's all real.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Sorry that got brought up through variation of talking about skinks.
Speaker 1: I just actually really liked their name. But that's all. I have anything else you want, Todd before we jump out of.
Speaker 3: Here, Amy, Now I'm reading about insect tacos.
Speaker 1: Isn't crickets. I think it was crickets that they tried.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard of. Tacos are definitely a thing. I mean, not just in Mexico like here.
Speaker 2: That's so wild to me because then I see a cricket, or like I see a snail and I got a scargo.
Speaker 3: My mom loved es cargo. Really, I've never tried it, but she had these littlees cargo plates and forks that were very specific for that, and I got them. I have them, but i've never used them. They're in a cute little pouch thing.
Speaker 2: Was your mom potentially a Parisian? No, it's a very Parisian thing to eat s cargo.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I don't know if she's from Alabama, I don't know. Are the bloodline somewhere She was supusted have tried it at some point and she liked it. And my dad was a foodie, so and they had a restaurant in the eighties they served es cargo.
Speaker 1: That it's isn't that wild to think about you? I hear you talking about your your parents in that restaurant, Like my grandparents and my dad growing up they owned a bowling alley and a hotel, and like, that's what they did and now's not there? And then it's where did it go? What happened?
Speaker 2: And why isn't it staying in the family? Is there restaurants still?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: See is that crazy?
Speaker 3: Restaurant business is hard? I think that my dad went bankrupt, not because of that restaurant, maybe something else. I can't remember. There was multiple restaurants, it just wasn't that one. I mean that that one was called Christopher's and he named it. My mom's made a name, who was Judy Christopher. So he named that restaurant Christopher's. And that was the nicest restaurant that hence like steak dishes and the s cargo and uh, there was a dish called Oysters Christopher, which is so delicious. Kind of craving that and want to make it. It's fried oysters, not raw. I cannot do a raw oyster at all. But then there was like a Southern cooking restaurant called Past the Biscuits Please, and then a Mexican restaurant called jac Garcia's Dang. Here a lot of restaurants mm hmm yeah, and some would make it and some would. I mean, that's that's the restaurant business. And then he got into franchises, so then a little more stable.
Speaker 1: Any franchises that are still around.
Speaker 3: Mister Gaddy's Shortstop Chicken Express, Are you familiar with any of those?
Speaker 1: I think those are all Texas? Yeah, related, But that's crazy.
Speaker 2: He was a little restaurant entrepreneur, restauranteur, restauranteur.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 2: There it is, well, Amy tell people whe they can find to hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: At radio Amy on Socials and Feeling Things podcast. Feeling Things podcast is the social handle. But then if you're searching it wherever you listen to podcasts, you can search Feeling things with Amy and Kat.
Speaker 2: Love it and you can follow the show at Bobby Bone Show on Everything Amy, thanks for being here, Bye everybody Bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 2: Go follow the show on all social platform
Speaker 3: And followed web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.