Speaker 1: Alright, we're good.
Speaker 2: You like go.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boss, hanging with the fans, betting on a game, no moment's gonna tell us would.
Speaker 4: Not be.
Speaker 3: We're here just drinking beer and making Nando Baby. I'm hanging with the feelers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: Bro Ladies, gentlemen, welcome to busting with the boys. For three hundred and sixty five days, we've talked about it, we've mentioned it. We've gone through a grueling winter, a beautiful spring, and a brutal summer, and now finally the day is upon us where we get to walk in and know that it's pop. Pumpkin spice lattes are now a thing. Going to haunted houses are now a thing. All the things you did as a father, it could have been a bad thing. You could change it during the holiday season. And it all starts with Spootober was a bad dead good. Get fucking spooky. Kids don't like you.
Speaker 5: Good, Let's get fucking spooky. The more spooky you can get during the fall, the better the opportunity to take on the holiday season and send twenty twenty four out the ass and take twenty twenty five buy the balls. And this is when it starts right here and right now, as the ghouls, goblins, inspectors rise for thirty one days of fright and we get to enjoy every single day of it.
Speaker 2: As those leaves fall and.
Speaker 5: That weather breaks, you know you're on Busting with the Boys and it is officially spooked Ober yea.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Chevy Silverado. Well, now we got to do the actual Welcome the bus boys. Welcome Busting with the Boys, episode ninety sick.
Speaker 6: October is officially it's officially here here.
Speaker 2: If you are here for the first time, let me introduce myself. My name is Taylor Curtis Lawan. Sitting to my right is William Earl Compton, the third. We are your two hosts of Busting with the Boys. If there's a camera and back to show our beautiful, beautiful white boys in the back sitting there having a good time. These gentlemen do everything to make it all amazing. Every time you put on this episode, we love you, We hope you subscribe, we hope you're eight five stars. For those of you tuning in for the first time, it does not hurt to click a damn button and it helps us all the more you're probably wondering what this episode of sponsor by will you want to tell them.
Speaker 6: The spookiest truck on the road the Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 2: Does you have one? Yeah? I love it?
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, I'm obsessed with it. But I would, I would, I would, I would set up that point. Yeah, leaves me speechless. This big, bad black machine, the ZR two Chevy Silverado, that is what the boy has. Last week, Taylor and I were kind of talking about trucks and he went peeking in the comments and saw, thankfully you guys left comments there is a ZR two package in the twenty five hundred and thirty five hundred edition of that truck. So, Taylor, why don't you take your your cute little ass over to Chevy the local Chevy, the nearest Chevy dealership by you, and you can go buy one. They have eight different cameras, fourteen different angles and views. Their modern truck tech is spectacular. The wheels on that thing. I swear to God, this is the best truck on the road. And that is a Chevy Soverado.
Speaker 2: And if you don't believe Will saying that's the best truck on the road, you can go to jdpower dot com and look at all of the awards awarded to Chevy Silverado between twenty eight, two, twenty and twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: I think it's is it twenty twenty and twenty twenty two or twenty twenty two and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: It's probably all of them, but twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: You can fact jacket right at jdpower dot com.
Speaker 2: And if you go to Chevy dot com, you can actually build your own Silverado has already talked about the eight cameras, fourteen dars.
Speaker 6: Just a fleet of Silverado's, Yes, and.
Speaker 2: We know listen, everyone's gone on a road trip. Nothing is more comfortable, more compatible to your lifestyle than a Chevy Silverad. The best thing about the Chevy Silvrado is you can be a blue collar boy or a white collar cat. Regardless you get in that truck. You're gonna feel like you belong in any single world there is because the Chevy Silvada looks that good, feels that good, and it runs that good. Amen.
Speaker 6: That's why they're representing sponsor. The only sponsor that can really sponsor is going into.
Speaker 2: US Ootober as well.
Speaker 6: How fired the fuck up are.
Speaker 2: You dude that. To be honest, here, literally last night I got home and I saw my kids and they're like, Dad, two more sleeps. That's what they said, the first thing they said to me. They got Dad, two more sleeps and then hugs. So my kids are fully invested in Spootober. We're literally gonna go to Michael's today. As soon as I'm able to leave this shop, I'm gonna go pick my daughter up at school and We're going straight to Michael's. I told her two hundred dollars, Yeah, two hundred dollars spending on whatever you want to decorate your room. I'm to decorate, and so we are going to get after it. Now.
Speaker 6: That's when I started building the foundation for real.
Speaker 2: You're at the perfect time to a store.
Speaker 6: Like here's how we started embracing the spooks.
Speaker 2: It's very, very slow, but sure the pumpkin. You get her excited about the pumpkin. That's the first step, and then you just slowly in a greate more and more spooked over stuff. Now when being seven, she's like that, I want scary stuff in my room, and I'm like, honey, no, so you think you do, you think you do, But it changes everything.
Speaker 6: When you just lay there up late at night and start thinking, you start playing these games in your head. Could this thing come alive? Could something pop out of the closet. Yeah, it's a whole different ballgame.
Speaker 2: Or not that detailed, or not that detailed for a specific reason, because the kid's imagination is incredible. But you ever fired up. If you are joining us for the first time, go ahead, sit back, relax. I'm gonna tell you all the rules of Spootober. If you're here consist instantley, you already know the rules, but go ahead and get a pen and a pen and a note pad out because we're gonna tell you everything. Listen.
Speaker 6: Four key rules to Spooktober.
Speaker 2: The first rule is it's no longer October. It's Spootober from here on out. If you're going to talk about this month, add a spook to the tober, call it Spooktober. That is what you're doing. The next step and you achieving Spootober Nirvana is going to be put something spooky on every single day. Now, that sounds like a very tall task because there's thirty one days of fright. It doesn't have to be festive, festive, festive, Festive have to be a horror film. If you are my age, if you're thirty three or Will's age thirty five, you're you remember watching Disney Channel and Nickelodeon and every single day there are the TV shows that were on. There was always themed Halloween stuff going on. You pop that on for ten minutes. Maybe guess what you did it? You've You've been gusting with Spootober for that day. It's just a daily check. It's like making your bed, getting in a workout and making sure you do a couple of things every single day. Pops up it on for twenty minutes. Now while take the time put on that spooky movie. Get yourself a little scared when you turn the lights off at night, because that's good for the soul. You need that. That is great for the soul. The next thing you're going to do and the journey to Spootober Nirvana is going to be enjoy something fall festive every single week. And it could be a pumpkin patch. It could be as simple as you go into your local coffee shop and get yourself a seasonal beverage. It doesn't have to be the be all end all every single day. That's exhausting. We don't want that. Spooktober doesn't need to be something where it's like I can't believe I have to do this because we've been there before. We've been there. You get over to you get to Spootober eighteen and above, you're like, bro, I'm kind of like ready, you know the whole thing. So just integrate it where you need to, but make sure you get in the seven days. You get a little something in there. For me personally, my wife and I if this Thursday or Friday, we can get a little banged up and we're gonna go to a hunted house, and that's just to me. That is like the the the core dude, just being a little straight and talking yourself into being scared.
Speaker 6: And the final rule will Compton decorate. You have to decorate your house. Whether it's on the lawn with the house inside the house, doesn't matter, whether you just have a few pumpkins out front, one pumpkin out front. You gotta do something to bring out the theme of the year, and that is Spooktober. Those are your four rules. That is how you execute with the boys. We need to be talking about it on socials. We got to keep each other accountable, keep each other in check, and let's have a phenomenal spooky season this year. And it's a big year for Spooktobe right, and people already selling the commons and merch too. That's not a rule, but our merch this I don't know if this was last year, the year before. We usually have some fun merch every year for Spootober. Those will be up on the site. We had new merch drop today as you're listening. So if you go to a store doop barstool sports dot com, click on the brand Busting with the Boys, it should be right right out there at the top, somewhere on the first page. But our new Spooktober merch is out. Embrace the fucking spook with the Boys because it's again it's a massive month. It's our favorite month. And this is how you fully buy into Busting with.
Speaker 2: The Boys, fully buy it. And Geez did an incredible job. He sent me a couple of uh merch items that we're putting out there, and it is. It's awesome. The thing I'm wearing right now, this Spootober Dad sweater, the one that G's also wearing. It's my favorite, My all simple, favorite simple, and this. I will literally run this sweater into the fucking ground for the next thirty one days.
Speaker 6: I personally I love this. I love the orange and I also loved the purple one that we've had in the years past. I love kind of colors that bring out the fall.
Speaker 2: Don't forget about the sleep of the newspaper one of you with the Michael Myers moro. We got to round that, Yes, I started didn't get enough love?
Speaker 6: Yeah that was when was that? That was like three years ago? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: The Michael Myers mask on just standing in public? Yeah, yeah, yea, we might think get that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was at party City a couple of weeks ago with my wife and I did I found a Michaels Myers mask in the corner and I just kind of started doing that to her. Yeah, in the hall somewhere. She just like, wouldn't be I was zero help whatever we were trying to. But I also saw a couple of comments I'm gonna get with coop our graphic designs guy about movies watch list thirty one days. So after we get done with this episode, I'm gonna go and type a couple of movies up and we'll make sure to get that out this week for you, hopefully by tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow would be absolutely fantastic as you want, man, but god, it's here. Do the do the boys want to say anything about Spootober? Do you guys want to get anything going? Mitch is holding microphone up. Do you just want to talk about how fired up you are about Spootober? And also the lights? Incredible? Incredible?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, as you can see, Sherman and I we're pretty dialed in to this. Uh spootover?
Speaker 2: Are you guys dressing up every week?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're gonna try and we're gonna have an outfit or a costume.
Speaker 2: I love that for each week.
Speaker 7: Right now, I'm a football players.
Speaker 2: You can football player?
Speaker 7: What would you like?
Speaker 8: As you can tell, I am a pirate. I am paying homage to the og pirate Mike Leach, the inventor of the spread offense, ORC and rips in the chat.
Speaker 2: Can we plan on the other four boys to wear some costumes this week? This month?
Speaker 6: For sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh wow? All right, buying into the spook got gotta dive right in?
Speaker 6: Should we dive into this massive weekend of NFL football?
Speaker 2: We just watched. Absolutely. I had to pull up the All twenty two this week and catch up because it was a long way.
Speaker 6: The boy might be dusting off the old Redskins jerseys because Washington has a squad Daniels. Jaden Daniels is nice and nice enough to where he might be getting himself into the MVP talk at some point if he keeps this up. Because I want to say, his completion percentage is like, what was it eighty two, eighty four or something like that.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 6: The highest completion percentage was one hundred game minimum, like over Tom Brady, Peyton, Manning, Drew Brees, Like, legit, bro, he's nice, he's him. They've had and I forget what it is, like sixteen it was either sixteen or fourteen consecutive scoring drives, which is like a record. They've only punted like one time three in the last three games, Bro, I think they've only punted one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's well. I get so worried about Jaden Daniels just because of RG three.
Speaker 7: For sure.
Speaker 6: But the way this kid can spin the man, he can be off balance like and he just flicks the wrist and it is a piss missile bro like he is very good because a couple of weeks ago, I want to say they were they were one in one. I forget who they were about to play. Who they played two weeks ago? It wasn't the Bengals. Bengals was last week?
Speaker 2: Last week was the Patriots. No, can you bring up their schedule? Sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but a couple of weeks ago, it was like, I want to say they were.
Speaker 2: An underdog Giants.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Giants, And and you're sitting there and you're seeing how bad the Cowboys played. You're seeing that the Eagles are they're one and one as well, like the inspiration in locker room, like, hey, you know, the division is obviously wide open. There's not like a true front runner in the NFC East right now, they pull off a win against the Giants and they go into the Bengals and it's the same situation. It's kind of like they could have a massive game here because everybody knows how the Bengals start very slow and Joe Burrow starts slow, and you see how well they played against the Bengals thirty eight to thirty three, beat them at Sinci. Then they go to Arizona, right they go to Arizona, and I know, yeah, when I was on the Pro Football Football Show, my whole thing with Big Kat was like it's like you want to pick them, but at the same time, you want to see how they handle winning because you got a brand new quarterback. They haven't started. They rarely start this way to where they're like two in one going on the road to Arizona, and Arizona's like a spicy team with Kyler Murray and everybody else. But you want to see, like how they handle winning because that organization's always been usually like a five hundred ball club. There's always been a cloud over them anytime we would get out ahead, like you drop.
Speaker 2: One, you drop two.
Speaker 6: But the way they fucking beat the shit out of the Arnold's forty two to fourteen at a Z after going into Sincy on the road and beating them at Sensey, it's like, Yo, Washington could be for real.
Speaker 2: This year, like a jail contender this year or a playoff.
Speaker 6: I think, so, I don't see why not. It's like Jaye Daniels again, we're talking about him. He's playing at an MVP level, not like Offensive Player of the Year, not like hey, he's the best rookie quarterback. Like right now, he is fucking spinning the rock. And I'm telling you, you know how the locker room can be. If you have a hot fucking quarterback, you always got a shot. And you know he can run. He's like he can run like fucking Michael Vick. Yeah, but uh yeah, I think that they're a real contender this year. It's like, legit Washington is up right now.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to me that this Jaden Daniels kid, that video that came out when he was leaving as U Yeah, yah yah yah, you bitch ass crack, go ahead and go yeah out of here. We don't need you anyway. The locker room does what he does, wins the Heisman, and now this like the kid just lives with a chip on his shoulder.
Speaker 6: Yeah continues, and he is a genetic specimen. I'm telling you should you should get some of these highlighted throws that he has. Like he's like unbalanced and it's very he's got the quickest release. He can kind of be in a very uncoordinated spot and he just I mean, rockets bro.
Speaker 2: Puts a dime out there. It is impressive. Man, I hope they can continue it because that kind of story to me is awesome, especially a team like Washington that just needs they need something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they need something, and the district gets fucking hype now that they have a good team and they got a quarterback like this about it. They're about it, Bro, I'm telling you that place is gonna be on fire.
Speaker 2: I feel like the NFC East is just that is like the media mecca for the NFL. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Eagles seem to be like they're in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, absolutely, And but Baker Mayfield all the same playing the Eagles this week seems like he's the fucking man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he bounced back. Did you see the Tom Brady tape on the Leadership He was like, Hey, they want me to come in, like basically bring the juice like rig Night, And Tom Brady had the comment on his commentary of like, you know, his his stress was not having Super Bowl rings, Like it's not about having fun. You're coming into work, You're coming in to get something done. Like that's the mentality of a champion spoken like a true goat. Yeah, like a true goat. What's your what's your take on?
Speaker 2: Like him?
Speaker 6: I don't think he's taking a shot at Baker's leadership style. I think he was just talking about it from his perspective.
Speaker 2: I have to I saw I read the quote. I didn't. I didn't see him actually saying it. It would have to I would have to see like his tone of voice when he's saying it, because yeah, I feel like Tom is the type of guy that like will joke around and have a good time with his boys, but the minute like anybody comes at him, he's like he kind of comes off as like a sensitive cat, like he doesn't want if he's in the locker room, everyone's like, you know, Tom, You're like this, I'm about winning, That's what I'm about. Yeah, So it's kind of he fallows back at a single time. There's more than one way to skin a cat, right for sure. You can have fun styles out there, get after it. I think you see a big difference in Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes. Like Patrick Mahomes obviously has great leadership and he's got an elite talent level, but they seem like they have a little more fun at Kansas City than you would watch. When Tom Brady was at the Patriots for twenty years, or in Tampa Bay for a couple of years. He was when they won a super Bowl. So you know, if I'm Baker, I'm taking everything personal because you just you continue to you know, you were the first overall pick in Cleveland. Took him to a playoffs, they said, okay, that's not good enough. He bounced around a little bit. Now he finds a home in Tampa Bay, and he's really just lighting it up. If I'm Baker and it wasn't meant as a shot, I'm still taking as a shot, Like now I have a vendetta against the goat and I'm gonna put him wrong as well.
Speaker 6: I could see it just being water off his back. I mean, he he understands the spot he's in. He understands the locker room as well as anybody else. He's obviously the quarterback. He knows the juice that he brings. So I'm sure if he hears that, I could easily see it just being like, yeah, you understand Tom is saying the comment that he is, but he's saying it from Tom's world, and obviously you can't argue Tom's world. He's got what seven Super Bowl rings, eight super Bowl rings. But knowing Baker like he could, I mean, he understands the post of the locker room better than anybody.
Speaker 2: He understands his role.
Speaker 6: I think he's completely comfortable in knowing that the way he's doing is is totally like his way, you know what I mean. It's so at the point that there's a lot of different styles of leadership and everything else. You got, like an older team, there could be some times where you're around the same thing every year. You lose a little bit of spark, you lose a little bit of fun because of just the veteran mentality that can kind of like sink into the place. And knowing that Baker's kind of got that youth to him, that fun where he talks shit, he's a little more savvy about it. He puts your shoulder into somebody. He knows that like that can ignite. Like then when you're a vet, just in the monotony of professional football year in and you're out day in and day out, you kind of like see it and it kind of brings like that youth, that youthism back to you on just having fun playing the game.
Speaker 2: The thing I love about Baker Mayfield is that being a first overall pick and then being widely seen as like a bust after the whole Cleveland thing, Like if you think he was gonna take Cleveland, make him super Bowl team over and over again. Right then he leaves and has to go a bunch of different places. But Baker hasn't changed him at all. Right, He hasn't like tried to become something he's not to get away from the the comments of like, oh he's you know, maybe a distraction, he's a little too much about himself, those types of things. He's just continued to be him and just allowing us to show like, hey, you can act this way and still be the fucking.
Speaker 6: Exactly because you'll never I mean, there's no video evidence of Tom Brady hitting like the gritty or hitting some dance in front of the team and the team going nuts.
Speaker 2: Like Baker's just got a difference. I think goes all the way back to Oklahoma. Yeah, as a freshman circled out doing the dance. Dude, it's cool too, like and pivoting from that, like you's seeing a guy like Sam Darnold. I was gonna say, Sam is like not near the friend of the show, friend of the show. But he's not near like the personality that Baker Mayfield is. But I'm sure like he had to go through the same like type of like mental trials and tribulations that Baker went through as well, with everybody kind of shitting him. He get him getting drafted to a big media market, everyone kind of being like this guy, this is a guy. Now He's like, no, he's not our guy. He's dead to us. Carol Goes finds a home at the Vikings. The Vikings draft to quarterback with maybe the future best quarterback of all time.
Speaker 6: We also spent time with Sam fran too. He's just like the backup. He never got an opportunity behind Bro, so he's just.
Speaker 2: Been sitting and stewing and and anytime you're like if you're viewed as a big time player and then all of a sudden, everyone's like, you're actually not a big time player, you're a bust. You can just have a good back up sit in the shadows for that many years and to come out and play the way he is and before and oh with the Minnesota Vikings is and still keep that mental my favorite story yeah right now and still like keeping that mental fortitude of like, you know, I can still do this shit.
Speaker 6: I think he's with you know. This is a great example too of being in the right situation right, coaching too right. I mean, obviously you never want to see anybody get hurt, but sometimes when you're a backup, like when somebody gets hurt, that's your opportunity to come in. And when JJ McCarthy went down, I don't think anybody was crowning the Vikings as being a contender yet because like, all right, rookie quarterback, let's see how he does, high praise and everything else. It'll probably take a year he goes down. Vikings are completely counted out of the conversation in the NFC North with the Viight or with the Packers, the Bears, the Lions. They're kind of like that. No one's even talking about that, right, And here it's a great division too, right, right, And for Sam to be in that spot with that staff, you got Kevin O'Connell, who's like a quarterback whispered also coach phenomenal, head coach Wes Phillips, who's the OC. They've all came from that webbing of Shanahan McVeigh, all that stuff, And for him. This is a great example of just kind of being in the right situation, the right opportunity, coming about keeping that mental fortitude about you and taking advantage of your fucking opportunity. He is playing tremendous Like he's somebody I think he's got eleven touchdowns to three interceptions. He's truly somebody that could be in the MVP conversation because everybody's like, you know, they might drop one this weekend. They've handled business, they can throw the ball well, they can run the ball well, and they're playing great defense because flora is. They're in the second year with Flora's system, Like he's obviously showing that he's He's always been an incredible coordinator, had his laps as a head coach down in Miami, But it seems like the Vikings are like finding their swing and they truly they could be the guys in the NFC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Flora' has always done a great job of getting his defensive lineman to be penetrating defensive lineman and just messing up run games. Yeah, over and over play action passes like he just kills it.
Speaker 6: Imagine imagine a year of like the Buccaneers, the Washing Commanders and the Minnesota Vikings are the three teams in the NFC that.
Speaker 2: Would be insane.
Speaker 6: Imagine those three quarterbacks being up for the m v P exactly, just crazy. That's the comeback story of the year right there. Well, obviously Jane he's not coming back. But Baker he got his big bag. He's still playing very well. But can there be like, could Sam Darnold be a comeback player of the Year, just based on based.
Speaker 2: On yesterday, Like do you have to be injured or sick or injured? What's the deal?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: Speaking of Joe, Anthony Richardson goes down and dude, we were we were talking about the Titans for you. Anthony Richardson goes down, and you know, half of the coaching staff was like, Joe was going in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know that, like you know Flacco going in what he did with the Browns last year. That everybody in that locker room, everybody, everybody likes Anthony Richard wants him to play.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: He was the first he was their first run draft back. He was hurt last year. The front office everybody wants him to he's there right because he's there as a first rounder. He's there as like your franchise quarterback. But you know, even when he goes down and you have somebody like Flacco on the roster, you know, everybody's kind of just fired up because it's like, Yo, let's watch Joe spin it again. And they might be a better football team now with Joe Flacco under center because Anthony Richardson, as much as much of a high ceiling that he has, there are intermediate throws and stuff that he you know, everybody kind of talks about his accuracy a little bit. With Joe, the entire playbook pretty much opens now because he's been in systems, he's been He's he's cut his teeth in this game for so long. Like he knows everybody's playbook. You know, he can take shots, intermediate passes, run game. He doesn't have the legs that Anthony Richardson does, But you got a guy who can legitimately make you contender, and you get a win over the Pittsburgh Steelers, who has the best the best defense in the league maybe the Vikings do, but one of the best defenses in the league, and to beat their ass by the way too. I did pick and I did bet on the Colts really just want to you've had you had a big week. Yeah, oh obviously we'll get to college football.
Speaker 2: But I had a big week in college the Colts. Literally the only thing that like the book closes on when Anthony Richardson is out and Joe Fly who goes in is the RPO. After that, it's like you can literally sling it and Anthony Richardson like he's still got it, like you said, a lot of ceiling high, like a very high talented individual. And you see like these kind of circus throws off his back foot early in the season, but then you go watch the entire game and it's like he's kind of missing it here, missing it there, but you can see it in those couple of throws and held go, holy shit, this guy could be a guy. I think he could just set his feet, step into his throat and have like accuracy on the regular place as well. Yeah, because Joe, Joe might be the man again, dude, he might the life Joe. When we enter up this episode to bring you something near and dear to our hearts, and that's game Time. You thought Game time was easy to get tickets, last minute, it just got a whole lot easier. Let me tell you about it. Football season is here and we can't wait to get get out to some fall some games this fall. With the help of game Time, the official ticketing partner of barstool Sports, you know how much we love game Time Now with their brand new game Time Picks feature, they make it even easier to get to the game. Game Time Pick filters filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. I was looking through tickets for the Titans Packers game a couple of weeks ago, tough to do all of a sudden game time app canamid. I was like, yo, let me jump on the game time app. Got that and I you know what I saw? I saw an amazing game time pick steal, great for seats only at game time. Just pull up at your chosen event and turn on GT picks setting at the top of your screen, or browse the best local game game time pick steals near you on your game Time app homepage. What are you waiting for? I'm gonna go get those. I'm gonna go get those. What am I gonna get will pred season. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, hockey's right around the corner, so I'm probably get the pread. Ticket's coming up pretty soon. Gotta get those tickets now, game time picks. Now back to the episode, Holy shit, ho stuff sliding? What time is it? Game time? Yeah? Oh, game time.
Speaker 6: Speaking of struggling, Michigan struggle a little bit against Minnesota.
Speaker 2: We had we had a bad fourth quarter. We had a bad fourth quarter. The boys were up twenty four to three. Oh, I was, yeah, I was. We were watching the game together. Yeah, we're up twenty four to three.
Speaker 6: They got an onside kick, very questionable off side penalty.
Speaker 2: A lot of different calls could have got in a lot different ways that game. I'm very happy that the Brown jug as it should be, stays in and arbor, Michigan. Great ball game.
Speaker 6: Throw out the records, throw out the talent.
Speaker 2: We are the brown ball team to not throw the ball in the entire country. Yeah. No, one runs it better than us, consistently better than us. This Mullen's kid might be a Heisman Trophy candidate, might be Heiden Trophy behind Travis Hunter. Right now, I'm just saying it's a good ball club up there in A two. We're doing good things. And a couple of weeks ago, a lot of boys back there and over to my right, we're talking a little bit about Michigan, saying they're going to struggle this Minnesota is gonna be a problem. They weren't even a problem. It was nothing good, that was nothing the entire time. Oh no, being ten and one going into the game, very alive. Yeah, man, but the scoreboard doesn't tell. And also they don't ask how, they ask how many? Sure? Right for sure? Because we could literally say the same thing about Georgia. Alabama. Gee, yes, except what do you mean, dude, the frozen tundra. Those boys are built different in Minnesota. Alabama was stomping that ass against Georgia, and then all of a sudden they let Georgia come back. Lord, Georgia takes the lead late in the game. Seventeen year old kids said, let me go and put the crimson tight on my back.
Speaker 6: That game was incredible. Ryan Williams could play in the NFL right now. I'm seventeen years old. It's insane, dude.
Speaker 2: The kid, as a freshman in high school, qualified for the six A Alabama state championship in the one hundred meter and the two hundred meter. He is a specimen. He is him.
Speaker 6: When he caught that one like back shoulder and stopped on a dime, made two defensive backs like not linebackers, not de lineman run into each other. Yeah, other athletes stop and start and excel and go score like his ability is incredible. And then that one over the middle, that deep one over the middle that was bouncing and to keep his coordination and catch the ball like Ryan Williams is insane. And then his trolling job. Did you see his troll with beating Georgie. He put a profile picture of Michael Vick like holding the puppy. Like having that type of pro troll mentality at the age of seventeen is iconic. Like he's building something extremely special. All my stock I am in on Ryan Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for him to catch that seventy five yard bomb from Jalen Milroe, do a half spin freeze in the air and you see him look back like where are they at? Then spin back. He was literally defined gravity. It was the most incredible thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 6: And Jalen Milroe learn to throw. I mean he's like out running sec defenses like to the sideline, walk in the tightrope very quickly and just accelerating like he is insane as well, and he can throw the ball very well. Yeah, Alabama looks tough. Alabama looks tough. I was surprised to see Georgia come back and get the lead back and everything else because you guys started fast and looked like, oh you had dude is like step on their throat.
Speaker 2: But that game was I mean, that was a classic. Yeah, I think, I.
Speaker 9: Mean, obviously it doesn't matter how but you got the dub. I think the one thing we learned was like you just can never let off the gas, especially when you're playing Georgia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like or Minnesota one hundred percent.
Speaker 9: Like Minnesota or Georgia, same difference, but there was I've obviously watched it two three times since then, but there's a couple of drives where you're like, you know, you can't be greedy, but you're like, man, if we could have just scored on this one, like you could have put them away not knowing what's coming, but insane atmosphere like it just you know, I love seeing coach get fired up on a p I call and like you know, the team just rallies around him. But yeah, I mean, you couldn't ask for a better first quarter.
Speaker 4: Who's the quarterback for Georgia was his name, Carson Beck?
Speaker 2: Carson Beck. He had a couple of miscues too, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 6: Because they were they were coming back, like that game was all yeah, sure.
Speaker 9: Once they started taking their shots, it was like all right, fuck, yeah, let's just yeah, of course, he's.
Speaker 6: Like I almost I almost cashed out on my five leg parlay because that game was so close. I had like two fifty on this five leg parlay. It was Nebraska to win, Michigan to win, Alabama to win, Kansas State to win, and Notre Dame to win.
Speaker 2: So Alabama was the last game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I put two fifty on it to win, like sixteen to fifty, and the cash out was flirting around one thousand dollars, one thousand and forty dollars, and I was flirting with it because I didn't know how that game was gonna go.
Speaker 2: But all the boys are like, no, you have to run a couple of guys. That's not true. A couple of guys.
Speaker 6: Couple guys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but it was like you should have won more than what you won.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, when Georgia scored late, scored late on like really quick, willly fast. I looked at Will was like, that's perfect for your parlay. That's exactly. Yeah, that was the closest margin of ver though.
Speaker 6: I think the it was almost like a pick him where Bamar was favored by two or something like that, Like Michigan had a bigger one, Nebraska had a bigger spread to cover. But I and I just I just chose money lines, like I didn't pick them covering right because you guys didn't cover.
Speaker 2: No, we didn't. We were covering until the end. Yeah, Georgia of the North, Georgia of the North Minnesota. That's great. That's a good call.
Speaker 7: Ge.
Speaker 8: You all haven't seen it the uh that final Ryan Williams play. Did you all see the Japanese comings?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: On that it's crazy. Play makes a play, It makes a play that much better.
Speaker 2: They just losing their minds.
Speaker 8: Oh, losing their minds. What they say, like, well, can we play the audio? We can't play. We could maybe put it in posts play clip now, but it makes it that much better.
Speaker 2: They went crazy.
Speaker 6: Hey, big bounce back, Big bounce back, win from Nebraska handle business Purdue. It was closer for a second. Pridue is up on It's like three to oh. I think, what was zero zero going in a half? Seven seven punts, three missfield goals. I mean, guys, we've had some special teams woes in the in recent years, Like I mean, if we, if we, I'm just saying I never want to go after a college kids for missing field goals. But that is something you just you know, we gotta get We have to get corrected because he obviously lost us the game by now making that game winning field goal against Illinois. Then you go in you still got the yips carrying over into Purdue, and you missed the two field goals in the first half. Like Brett Mahart just got hired there as like the consultant to coach kickers, Brett.
Speaker 2: We need to have that ship right.
Speaker 6: But but nonetheless, big win. I think what twenty eight to ten, massive fourth quarter for us. We finally woke up Dan Raila's first game on the road. It was Nebraska's first game of the year, first game on the road this year.
Speaker 2: We got a big one.
Speaker 6: We got a big one with who I think we got Rutgers this week, Rutgers in Indiana, both teams undefeated. Indiana is nice, man, Big is becoming solid. Yeah, we have a solid middle class in the Big Ten because Rutgers undefeated, Indiana's undefeated. Indiana does look really good. What's the line right now for Rutgers Nebraska? Yeah, I'm not sure USC knuck one out. Wisconsin was in their ass, bro, but then they just came alive and second half.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean Wisconsin really had them on the ropes and they could not put it together. It would have been great to see like USC just go completely defeated an all pay ten players. Right, Hey, welcome to big boy Paul right, welcome, But fickle man, he hasn't really putting it together in Wisconsin at all. I know he needs to get that going. We had some stuff going on with the Wi FI. Man, it is tough out here, hey, JP.
Speaker 6: South Carolina is looking a lot better the way Kentucky's been playing upset over Old miss which nobody's saw coming.
Speaker 10: People are refusing to give us our credit for that win too, which is wild, like and nobody is talking about it was It's always a fluke, like, Oh dang, how did South Carolina beat him that bad?
Speaker 1: Maybe we've beat him that bad because.
Speaker 10: We're really good.
Speaker 6: Maybe you guys actually have a squad, might have actually, lu So, I would have preferred to play Ole Miss if Ole Miss was undefeated, because I always love handed teams their first loss.
Speaker 10: Sorry in advanced Garrett in Obama. Yeah, but we'll go ahead and bury Oh missus playoff chances. Yeah, Beemer, tell the team bring the shovels because it's over and we would be spreading dirt on the rebels.
Speaker 2: But yeah, dude, just poetically murdering a team right now.
Speaker 10: It's it's looking nice if we got our quarterback and running back back and we get a dub over Oh Miss. I do love the time of year. We're playing Alabama because they have Tennessee right after us, and we are definitely a team that they could probably overlook.
Speaker 2: Right So I like.
Speaker 10: Where we're at right now.
Speaker 2: You're in a good spot.
Speaker 1: Gotta beat Ole Miss.
Speaker 2: Jack. You gotta be feeling good with Tennessee. Man, they're in the top five now, yeah, yeah, number four right now.
Speaker 11: It's just nice to have a stress free weekend. We had the bye week and the Titans obviously played yesterday Monday night. But to not have a Saturday and Sunday just stressfest. It's it's beautiful. It's like you remember what the weekends are like. We've only been in this for a month five weeks now, so but it's nice. We got some rest going into Arkansas. Playing in Arkansas, I feel like they always kind of play pretty tough nose ball. So every game moving forward, you know, you just got a oh and oh so. But I was happy to see Bama win for the reason because October nineteen, third Saturday in October, when Tennessee and Alabama play, Texas and Georgia also play.
Speaker 6: So the fact that Georgia.
Speaker 11: Is now one loss team you want, you want to be in that primetime slot, especially for US. Yeah, we want to have the biggest possible energy going into that game.
Speaker 6: But JP saying it might not even be the case because the game Cocks might be slide one in on Alabama.
Speaker 11: Who knows, who knows? I mean, Texas too kind of looked. They didn't look bad by any means. The final score doesn't I feel like reflect the game they had against Michigan. But Mississippi State is undeniably bad, and I was kind of shocked that Texas had them what was like fourteen to seven and the going yeah, six, seven and a half, and obviously they turn on the Jets. But uh, I'd love to see a Texas loss too before we go in the next few weeks. Well, yeah, it's nice to have a little bit of confidence. But the Titans on Monday Night, historically we are awesome against the Dolphins on Monday Night were three and one. So this would be the most hilarious and classic Titans event to go when we've had some embarrassing losses in the last few weeks and then go in and take care of business. But I don't know it'll happen.
Speaker 2: It's so weird, huh. I just feel it was the yips a little bit.
Speaker 11: He does have the yips right now, and especially now our only primetime game of the year, when like he's under a microscope, which I almost feel for the kid, because any small mistake he's gonna make is going to be just blown out of proportion, whether it's just fight or not. But if he makes one just dumb play, he's a meme again, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just a snowball effect.
Speaker 11: So we need one clean game from him where he just plays well, stays in the pocket. Hopefully the old line can protect him enough. And on the on the grand stage, hopefully kid a fucking win.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I talk about guys that are taking shots left and right, and PF is getting destroyed on Twitter right now, and I just know how that boy feels. Nicholas petite foreir the right tackle for the Titans. It's listen, brother, you see this clip. I've been there. Just keep fighting through their friends, just keep treasure through the mud. It'll get better, I promise. That is the worst feeling in the world to have everybody against you. You're gonna be a right though. A couple of things do we talked about last week's podcast, like Nicholas needs to just clean up a couple of things. From a technique standpoint, it's the easiest thing to do and keep the confidence, which is the most difficult thing to do.
Speaker 6: I actually have a bone to pick with you. Jack going into it says, we've obviously been talking Tennessee and college football because you look at k State taking care of business after old boy put the burrito in his ass, and then you got Florida State. He hasn't he hasn't eaten his shit yet and they're still an oh, but I'll do that after I read this DraftKings ad. Because, by the way, your boy is hot on college football. I just I do want you to know that I also had the Indianapolis Colts pick, but td Tuddy taking it to the house in for six whatever you call touchdown one. Thanks for sure. Touchdowns matter more at DraftKings Sportsbook unofficial sportsbook partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or defense. We don't care how they score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and DraftKings sports Book is delivering. I'm not delivering because I've sucked every fucking week on picking touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking a player to score a touchdown or how many touchdowns will be in the game. Go to the DraftKings sports Book app and make your pick. Ready to do a touchdown dance on your own the new DraftKings Customers that bet five dollars will get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score bigft with the DraftKings Sports Book, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the DraftKings sports book app and use code bus b us for new customer is to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 2: And the Titans need a win tonight, dude, they need a win otherwise. Joe Flack on the Colts, c J Stroud the Texans?
Speaker 6: And then La Jack, have you done anything to make amends with that Titans loss last week? And here's the only reason I ask. Here's the only reason I asked. I know, but here's the only reason I ask. The Florida State. You know that curse of the kid not eating the poop?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 6: They still suck and hauls.
Speaker 11: Fall for me at this point, the Titans lose, so I have I have other things that.
Speaker 2: And who's a team with the burrito in their ass?
Speaker 1: Just your I don't know. I forget who it was? Boston College?
Speaker 2: No, not Joe. What's up?
Speaker 1: How are we doing?
Speaker 6: Brol We got you saw you got your spot.
Speaker 2: Who's who's the burrito? Cur Ta?
Speaker 6: Kansas State? Hey Jack, Kansas State? The burrito curse happened where he said he'd shove a burrito up his ass. If they lost last week, he shoves a burrito up his ass. They end up beating the hell out of Oklahoma State.
Speaker 2: So that's the only reason.
Speaker 6: I asked if you've made amends, because it seems like this curse stuff is real.
Speaker 11: So do you want me to kill myself to amend this curse?
Speaker 2: Said?
Speaker 11: You do that, but the Titans as much as the next guy.
Speaker 2: Let's give you some context.
Speaker 1: I got I got it, you got it. You want me to murder him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Unfortunately has to be self inflicted for Jack to.
Speaker 6: Jack said, if Malik Willis and the Green Bay Packers, Malik Willis used to play here. He said, if Malik Willis and the Packers beat the Titans, he will kill himself. Really, the Packers won, So not that we don't want Jack to actually love himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody's saying that, but we are saying you said it.
Speaker 2: But of your word. There are curses out there.
Speaker 6: Florida State they lost their very first game and somebody on the internet said that they would eat some dog ship if they lost. He never ate the dog shit. They're still winless. Kansas State they lost a couple of weeks ago, and the curse out there was I will shove a burrito in my ass if we lose. They lost, he shoves the burrito in his ass. They beat the ship out of Oklahoma State this week. So I'm trying to ask Jack if he's doing anything to break this curse because of the Titans losing. I do feel like all eyes will be on Jack to help.
Speaker 1: The curse being broken.
Speaker 11: With me being publicly hating Will Levis again, look.
Speaker 1: At this, that's a guy a burrito in a person's ass.
Speaker 2: That's a perfect way for all the people listening on the show. Joan, what do you think that is a full double meat?
Speaker 1: That burrito was actually pretty insane. That didn't shake out, just.
Speaker 2: Tightly wound, tightly wound burrito.
Speaker 6: You want perfect for him to come in on some prank stuff like that, of course, I mean this is the guy who's an icon.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to be clear, I've never seen the real never once.
Speaker 7: Let me be clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, thanks for happy, This is awesome.
Speaker 2: Glad have you so you're in town your tour right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was in Chattanooga last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How was that so fun?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, really good? I got my let's get into a tour just kicked off. So that's on touring with the brand new Hour. It's it's been fun man.
Speaker 6: This one's dropping tomorrow. So what spots are you going to?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Nowhere? Here, I'll be back through. But ok yeah I have I'm I'm in different you know, it's a country wide thing, so I'm going everywhere.
Speaker 2: Where you go.
Speaker 1: Next, next is uh, let's see what's next? Next is oh, actually next weekend is Memphis. I'm in Memphis, and then I'm in Saint Louis, Lawrenceburg and one more show and I forget where. But it's Joe Gatto official dot COM's got all the places.
Speaker 6: Joe gattoo Official.
Speaker 1: Not Joe Gatto dot Com. I don't know that guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get after him.
Speaker 1: He's ibably showing Burrito's places they shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds you have a great team around you to be like, I really don't know where I'm going. There just taking me to go. Yeah, no doubt about it. Have you noticed it's been doing doing what you do now? In practical jokers? What has been the hardest transition for you in.
Speaker 1: This being by yourself? For sure?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: With your you're with your friends all the time, and that was the hardest part. So I started stand up three years ago with my first tour, and that was the biggest thing. I've been performing live my whole life. But just to be on stage by yourself and be responsible for the full sixty minutes, that's like, you know, that's a big change.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I have a squad with like production and everything else, to where you kind of know what's coming to you.
Speaker 1: In a microphone. It's pretty interesting. But the cool thing is that you're like able to when it sucks, it's your fault, but when it's great, it's your fault too. Like you don't have to share any exaccolade. So you come off stage sometimes like, wow, that was a really great show. So yeah, that that part of it was really fun.
Speaker 2: Has comedy always been something you've been interested in?
Speaker 1: It was always a side gig, It was always a side hustle for a long time. Me and the guy started, you know, you know, decades ago at this point. But I I always just did it for love of just making people laugh. And and then I got the opportunity to quit my day job and I took the leap, and I'm glad it. I'm glad it panned out.
Speaker 2: Well. Was the day job?
Speaker 1: I was selling high end baby gear and baby furniture for a company called Giggle. That's right. Yeah, I was a salesman the rich moms selling all yeah, all the baby bjorns, those baby carriers and all that stuff. You know, the bugaboo chill and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So I did.
Speaker 1: I did that and during a two week I took my vacation to film the pilot. My two week vacation. Yeah, and then when we got the series, I was I went for a six I said to the CEO, I'm like, yeah, I got to take a six month hiatus. And she's like, so you're quitting. I was like, no, hiatus.
Speaker 2: I need the option to come back if I need.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: She's like, well, no, I can't leave your job empty for six months. Good luck to you. It panned out, so I'm not back to selling baby stuff yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, doubts still working out. So you feel you go take a two week vacation, you film this pilot. How long do you have to wait for this pilot to come out when you're still just selling baby stuff? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was pretty quick. Actually, they made the decision real quick. It was only I think about a month and a half maybe two months. The pilot wasn't super hard to edit. It kind of made itself like we knew the structure of it. You know, we didn't get we didn't have a lot of money, so we didn't film that much. Yeah, just filmed enough to make the pilot and it was pretty quick. And then the offer came real quick, and it was like, okay, what are gonna do. You're gonna quit your job. And I was the only one that had to quit because Saloed owned a bar and you know, a comedy venue at that point, and he was bartending and doing that so he could do overnight. Q was a fireman. He would do his twenty fours and come and film. And Murr worked for the production company that ended up producing the show.
Speaker 2: So it was just like so I.
Speaker 1: Was the first one I had to like. I was like all in. I was like all right, I'm I was like, guys, this has to work.
Speaker 2: On the boys, right.
Speaker 1: But it was good because I always had an affinity for production directing, so I was able to jump in in a different capacity and learn all that and do that, which was I liked arguably as much. Yeah, being in front of the camera.
Speaker 2: So did Mr approach the production company with the idea or how did the idea?
Speaker 1: MURR was in like development stuff and he was realizing that they were there was an itch for like a new type of prank show, and we didn't want to do a prank show. We make people feel bad, and we're like, you know what, why don't we just do embarrassment comedies always? Allright? I made these guys laugh anyway, like sal and you know que and all. They would hate to be an elevator with me or like the subway because I knew we're in a closed space. I was just gonna act the full and you're gonna have fun. So the doors would shut. They would just turn beat red and starts sweating immediately because they knew I was gonna start doing something. So we just like, let's just do what we do and we filmed this is a real with our iPhones. Times Square just went through and that's awesome.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. And you do notice my wife and I went through a phase of just watching that show endlessly at night, literally laughing like out loud to each other. And you noticed that you personally like, and this is a math, compliments are the most shameless of the flame you were you were willing to really go above and beyond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just didn't. I always did that like anyway. So it really wasn't the good thing about the show for me. And I'm not an actor. I wouldn't act. I never had. I never wanted to be in front of the camera. I was able just to make my friends laugh, be me. I had fun with it, and then we were able to build all these weird characters and do all this fun stuff. So it just became like a playground, you know. So it's funny because people like, oh, it's like just hidden cameras and no, there's so much writing, producing, production that went into it, developing of all these characters' ideas, writing, But we wanted to keep it looking like you just went up there and.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did stuff.
Speaker 1: But then stuff happens. We're like, you have all this thing planned out. This woman walks in with a huge hat and you're like, okay, well I'm gonna have to get that hat on me. You know, it always out of the window. It just happens. That was the fun part of it too, was there.
Speaker 2: Ever, what was like the couple of Top three moments where you're like, I really do not want to do this, but I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Early on, I remembered like, you'll find your role, right, and I all knew when they were getting to punishment, it was always more fun to make them laugh and own it, and I would always be able to get through it being able to be like, oh, this would be better if I just go buck wild. So once I figured that out, I was like, Okay, this is insanity. I remember one of the first punishments we did ever. It was we were doing strip high five in Union Square. So me and Marty is just stupid thing. We both lost, and we had to get high five from people as they walked in, and if they didn't high five you, you had to take something off. The first guy was naked loses, right, So it's me and Marie and we're just sitting there and you had to pick your people. And I was just like Martin was like, high five, you know whatever, and I was just I just came out with like a different enerines like here it is up top, let's do it like if you were in my right. But then eventually it started like a crowd formed and we started going and we were down to like underwear to underwear, and I said to the show and I was like, what I said? Oh, I said, I said, we can't get naked here. He goes, yeah, he does. Don't worry. I said, we have a permanity. He goes, no, don't don'try. So they had like a car running on the side. I was like, Oh, this is really fun that we're gonna do it this way. So we did it. MR ends up losing whatever, you know. So I run over and I just like, pants on whatever. He grabs his junk and he jumps in the car and leaves and they're gone, you know. So it was just such a weird thing. I was like, okay, so I like that. I like being owning it and doing it, but there's just sometimes you don't want to do it. We're in a Mets game and they were just they had no cind of guard. They had me call them Jeter. I kept calling them Jeter, and he was throwing the balls into the crowd to the kids signed yeah, and I they made me he was in on it, and so he kept throwing it into me and I had a fanny pack, and I kept stuffing them in and they're like, you can buy money Bay, you can buy money Bay, and dude, everybody the parents are going nuts and it's one woman. For some reason. I talked to her and to give me your kid. She was had this two year old toddler. She was always I want one for my son so you could grow up. Message. I said, oh, give we go get a feel. She gives me her son and I'm holding this guy. Guy was like for the kid, for the kid, throw me. I give it back and I put the fanny pack and the ball. My fanny pack is like you can buy it on eBay. She lost her ship. She melted down screaming at me like I was like, yeah, crazy, she lost it. It was crazy. Yeah. She's like we had a blur and her kid, but like the whole place stopped, like you heard her throughout the place and in my ear like you have the ear piece and you know that right there, that moment you normally, I say, what are we gonna do here, fellas? And it's dead quiet. Nobody knows what to do. So I'm like buy myself. And I'm like, uh, okay, you can buy it. On eBay. So, yeah, it's crazy. You see how on Sweat it was a rough one.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is there sit in the Yeah?
Speaker 1: I had just sit in the moment.
Speaker 6: Is there a prank that you guys had that never got aired?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I mean for the most part we would know what would work or whatnot. There was a couple that we wanted to do that sometimes the network just didn't get. It became this thing of lore. It was called Bust to Tampa where we would change a handcuff a guy at the Grand Central station you know in in uh the Port Authority in New York to a bus that was going to Tampa and he had to go to Tampa.
Speaker 7: And it was it.
Speaker 1: Like and the network was like, okay, what's the punch? Was like, You're on a bus to Tampa, Tampa, and like we don't get them, like it's great, Like you end up the dam Like what happened? You're like, you can't leave the bus And it just didn't get it. And it was like it became the thing that every season, the first punishment in every packet to our executive was bust to Tampa. You get the guy on the bus that and then in the pilot packet, like we had to submit like ideas, and we never pulled it off because we thought it'd be too mean. We want to interrupt the wedding and just like realize you were at the wrong wedding, Apollo, and leave. So the moment you get ahead, I'm sorry you're not Marie, and then go. But we didn't want to ruin somebody's day. That's like such a big moment. It never It felt good on paper, but it felt wrong. And that turned into Sal becoming the best man at one and we wrote upon We wrote him interrupting the speech for the best man speech, and we wrote the speech for him and he had no idea what it was and he just thought it, oh and it was this big Italian running in Jersey. He got totally like that was rough.
Speaker 2: So as you guys are like transitioning into like a pilot. No one knows who you guys are. You guys are working, you're selling baby stuff. You had a fireman like everyone's kind of doing their own thing. How hard did it get? Once the show really got traction to not be seen and people be like, aren't you the guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well we got lucky because they bought a lot of episodes before we even aired. Oh yeah, so we did, like I think we did like sixteen episodes or something like that before we even hit air. Like they saw they saw the pilot and then they ordered the first episode. They ordered that what it was six maybe or something, and they saw the first episode we submitted and they said we want more, and they bought it, like the full season's which was without it airing. Saw that it was like light in a bottle and really fun. So we're like, okay, great, so here we go. And then it was on True TV, you know, which nobody knew. Yeah, Channel one million, Basic cable. Nobody's singing it, you know. So we were just like in New York City too, which was an ally because there's so many people. You know, if half the city knows you, four million people don't, just like for somebody doesn't. And then we kind of are like forgettable looking. We're kind of like normal looking, kind of ash guys blend, and you were able to see if somebody knows you were not you know, we talked to people for ten fifteen minutes before we even started, just to see if they were the right kind of person. You get one shot at it. You want to make sure it's going to be a good person. So we just sit on a park bench and start bullshitting. See if they're how interactive they are, See if their eyebrows raise.
Speaker 6: You know, were there any moments like as the show's like growing and taking off, like obviously the four of you go in on this production element, were there ever growing pains between you four?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 6: Like business wise, is it all starts to creep in.
Speaker 1: It takes off like that? Right? We had been working together for years together, so we had kind of had a one voice when it came to comedy for the most part, have outliars and different things. It's you know, some people are a little bit darker, you know, but all kind of aline aligned into our brand r you know, so that wasn't hard. But then when you have the like specific ones. I remember where we just came up with this line. We're like, trust me, I'm gonna I want to do it because it's everybody's show. So like we would talk everything out, we'd all try to get it to the right place. But I remember there was this one punishment where sal has a mind that self implodes like he's got super Alata nerat neurosis. I was like, it'd be kind of fun to mess with Sal so much that he thinks he's getting punished but he's not. But he is, but he's not, but he is. And I said, and he will have a mental breakdown on camera, will be so fun to watch. And I pitched it and everybody's like, no, I don't know if it's gonna work whatever, blah blah blah. We got to the network, I don't know. And then I was talking with Q and we're going back and forth, and I just said to my said Q, I'm gonna do it. It's gonna work, trust me. He goes fine, and that was it, and that became the line like I'm gonna do it. It's gonna work, trust me. Like that was it because he's the three other funniest guys, you know, like, of course we're gonna give it a shot. And it's also everybody's show, so who are you to say no?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So then we just started doing that, and then I remember the moment of that punishment in where Sal's mind started going crazy and you saw it, and Q stopped and he just turned to me and gave me a hug and said, you're a genius this day.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be the best thing.
Speaker 1: That was one of my favorite punishments ever because it's so personal too, like that's the one like that one who worked with any other friend, Like you do things just for Q that you know are gonna be Q was gonna crush. Yeah, And when you're in it too, you're like, oh man, this is so bad, but I'm so proud of them.
Speaker 2: Wonder up this episode to bring you mountain? Do you know we all need to get more of off of our ass. With bold new flavors and refreshing citrus kick, mountain dew will get you off your ass and have you feeling like you're on an actual mountain. A couple of weeks ago. Last month, actually, Will Compton tried the ball Hop Blast for the first time. How did you feel?
Speaker 6: I felt amazing because I remember pulling Taylor to the side like, Hey, I'm gonna tell you a really big secret.
Speaker 2: No I didn't. You didn't say it like that. I think I thought, no, no, no, I've never I've never tried Baha blasts before.
Speaker 6: But the way I was going into it, I was like, man, I'm really gonna sound stupid knowing I've never tried Baja blast because how everybody talks about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you loved it? I did, No, I loved it absolutely. Let's see a mountain where the weather is always perfect and your friends are ready to hang a day and a day of epic proportions. Awaits dude, think about this. It's officially Spootober. You've knocked out all of your things you have to do for Spooktober. How do you celebrate baja blasts? Code red mountain dew and for Will Compton, the diet mountain dew. Those are the things that keep us moving forward day in and day out. Caffeine free mountain dew. The mountain is calling. You should answer, Grab your friends, grab an ice cold mountain dew wherever refreshing beverages are sold, and say it together. Boys do the de nice was so like obviously you watch things like Jackass and like bamb mar Jay are growing up and you can kind of realize, Okay, Steve bo is always gonna be the guy that pukes. BAM's afraid of snakes. Like you kind of figure out everybody's like quirks and personalities. Yeah, what can you give me the three other guys? Like, oh, I can get them with this, this and this, like these are the things.
Speaker 1: All all evolved because the more you do with the thicker skin, you get right with anything, you know. But in the beginning, it was very like, you know, Murder was like a little bit of a schemer. He always try to find work at angle and it normally failed, which was fun to watch. Q was just very guy, a guy's guy, you know, So he would get away with a lot of like just being like very like came across very blue collari Oh, like he came across like very friendly as a friend, like quickly easily. Like it's like, oh I get this kind of guy. You know. You kind of remind you like of a neighbor, you know. So we would go into that. Sally just had so many things wrong with him, like he was afraid of stuff and like he's afraid of cats. So we just used that so much and but like he was trauma thing. Yeah, and it was just so stupid. The ideas we came up with that was so easy and dumb. Like we had this big we rented this thing Benjamin Cat, and we rented a we rented a cat suit and we would make it pop up and chase him and he knew it was a person, but he would be like he play it up, like we get away from it, and it would just be fun to annoy him, you know, stuff like that. And then for me, it was more just like they just wanted to see me just cause a havoc. Like it was just like put him in a place where he's gonna just make it awkward for everybody and just come out clean. Like so the bigger the scene that was always like my kind of thing. It was like, if we got to make a scene, it's gatto, you know.
Speaker 2: You know, So have you always been a guy that's like completely comfortable with being in the uncomfortable?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Always?
Speaker 1: No, No, Well it happened. I remember a moment like I was I have an older sister. I have two older sisters, but I had one I didn't get along with. And it was we were at Bella Vita, which is this big Italian restaurant in Staten Island for Easter Sunday, packed with all these Italians. My parents were smokers at the time, and this is when you could smoke in restaurants, but they had the room that you had to go in by itself with the door shut. I have to go to the bathroom. Me and my sister go through this pack place. I don't see the step and I fall hit hard. One of those at the place goes ooh, and my sister's like laughing, going ah, and the whole place. And then I popped up and went ta da and everybody started laughing and clapping, and I was like flipped off my sister and I was like, all right, this is cool. I had to be embarrassed, and that was like definitely a defining thing at like eleven twelve years older, I was like, Okay, maybe I'm overthinking this thing. And then I just started being more comfortable with not being caring what people think. Not in a way where like I don't care what you think, but more like people are gonna think what they think, right, it doesn't matter, you know, not the defensive type. Some people have a defensive side of that. I don't care what you think. It could be interesting.
Speaker 2: People just want to be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I don't care what people think, you know. Yeah, it's it's it's not necessarily the right way to live, you know, but if you are comfortable and be like this is me and I just did it, Like I was always comfortable with my weird body, Like I've always very, very comfortable on the dance floor when I shouldn't be. I didn't mind being a spectacle. I was an icebreaker all the time when I was out with my boys, Like there's a you know, a group of girls, you know, just send me in. It didn't matter. All my friends were really good looking too, so it was really funny. Was always like the funny, okay looking guy, like like, oh look at this guy. I got supermodel friends over the like it was so fun. So I was just that kind of person and then it just became my personality.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what do you miss most about the impractical Jokers? Isn't well, because you guys are all still good friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, working with friends, I was just with cute And in Vegas we had to we went to the Imagine Dragon's Gala and we were We actually ended up ended up having to host it because one of the hosts plane couldn't get out of La So ten minutes for it starts, they're like, hey, could you guys host? This was like a two thousand person Gala at the Wind, Like, could you guys host this with Joel mchaleba Like yeah, sure, So me and Q got up there and messed around. It was really fun. But those kind of things are great when you're boys with you. Like, I wasn't scared of that at all. We have Q, you know, just get it up there and do it. But the script was already written for her, so we were like trying to like make a bit out of it. It was really interesting. But yeah, I just you know, we're we're still best friends. We were friends before it friends after we're just not friends from work anymore. That's the biggest thing you mess working with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how hard was that approaching that conversation to like, hey, this could be the end or the breakup or yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean in the final chapter, it's what you imagine. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard, but it was open arms kind of thing. You know. We're all boys, so it's like this is this is what it is for each other. So yeah, we'll get we'll get through it and you know, continue to support each other. You know, they have when we do when they do their shows. I go out when I have my show sometimes they come out, you know, when they have their solo shows. I go to sal show, I go to merg show, pop on stage, say hi, we're in the same town. You know. The hardest part is like appointment friendship now right, like I never had to experience that. You saw your friend. We see each other forever every day. So now it's like we gotta try to make time to see each other, go to each other in go to dinner like that, especially when kids. Yes, I got my two kids, which is a big part of it, you know, and now that takes a major focus of my life. That's part of the reason, you know. So it's like I got this family dynamic I'm dealing with. So do you have a You got two girls, a boy and a girl. Girl and girl perfect year old girl.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 6: We've got some We do have some merch for you, some girl, dad merch.
Speaker 1: Oh oh nice, that's sick. I love that. Thank you.
Speaker 2: So we got you hooked up.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. This is your merch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is our merch.
Speaker 1: Smart dad.
Speaker 2: Girls, you're just dad. Yeah, I'm just okay. We girls. I have a I have one girl, another girl on the way. Oh, so you gotta give the us appoint don't know how to have a had We had Randall Cobbin here he's like to the left, to the right in the middle ribs, and I'm thinking to myself, I don't think I have that kind of talent, Like you're talking about six different pumps. I don't have that in me. It's tough, though, man. Yeah, it's I want a boy so bad. Yeah, I want one so bad, but I don't think I'm ever gonna get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have girls going for a third and risking that it's a girl, and then you're just surrounded by four women.
Speaker 1: I was that my uh my, I have two older sisters and they didn't find out really yeah, and then my he didn't know till the doctor was his his. They became friends. He delivered all the children. They were you know, it's statnayn growing up everyone knew each other. So he, uh he helped me. The story goes, he held me to the back and you know, my dad was standing by my mom's head and he just went, ah, there they are the family jewels.
Speaker 2: And he turned me around like I'm sure he lost his mind. He was so fun.
Speaker 1: He snuck into their delivery room in scrubs because they were like it was a situation where they didn't want anybody in there. And he was like, oh, it's my wife, and they're like, oh, you know, well, don't worry. You could and he just put scrubs on and he came in and my mom was like, is this a doctor, goes sh it's me.
Speaker 2: It's me. Did you get your your humor from your father?
Speaker 1: And I'm the perfect mix of all them. My dad was an assassin. He would say something just loud enough that you could hear it, and when everybody was when you were laughing, and everybody's like, what are you laughing at, He's like, I don't know, Like he was like one of those guys. Yeah, my favorite sorry about my dad doing that. He was in it was in Atlantic City back in the day, and he's with these two gangster types playing craps and he's on one side of the table and there's this woman on the other side and she's rolling and the two gangs of guys are smoking cigars and she's having a good roll and the guy's like, come on, come on, you broad, let's do it, you know, come on you ugly, you know, and they're making like fun or whatever, and she rolls whatever, and you know, my father just stops and he says to them, he goes, guys, could you stop talking about my wife like that? No shit? And they mount jaws open and he hysterically, I'm just knna, come on, lady, let's do it. And he just hung out with these two half a gangsters all night because he just made them, which is good. And my mother was like the complete opposite center attention lit up the room, which it came in, batshit crazy, and uh, that's me too. So I'm the mix. I think of all the absolutely five foot nothing spark of life she was. She was great, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that fires me up.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When you no, I was going to pivot to his YouTube.
Speaker 1: I Love how Last because I was about to pivot. I was done with that ship. Yeah, checking the boxes, Yeah right, all right.
Speaker 6: I was going to pivot to his a new special on YouTube, Messing with People People. Yeah, can you give us some background on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I, uh, when I started my tour, Joe Gatto's Night of Comedy, you know, I did it for two and a half years. You know how it is when you work on something so hard you don't want just to go away. So you know, I was like proud of it, and I was like, I want to put it out here for the people. So I filmeddn't put it on YouTube, and uh we did what eight hundred pound goerrella. Those guys are great and it was fun because in that like I get to talk a lot about me more so like fans. When you're on stage, you get to share the spotlight, you talk about twenty five minut it's just yours. But then it's just like when you could really dive in about you, about everything about Like I realized how messing with people is in my core and I just tell I'm a storyteller. So I just told all these stories and link them together. And then how my kids now are? You know, I realize that with my kids, I'm a role model, which could be dangerous. I talk about my mom and stuff, and you know, it's fun. It's just like it's a nice, a nice way to weave together a little bit more of me. And now my new tour is more of like the personal side, Yeah, more personal of it. And then let's get into a tour. I start like you do a lot of reflection, right, so when I separated from my wife. It was the first time I've lived alone. I was an apartment by myself, forty seven years old, first time ever living alone. I always live with roommates, my parents, her or whatever, you know. And then you like sit there and you're like, wow, you really start like reflecting a lot, you know, Yeah, and you're just sitting there and you're thinking about it. And I always think about how do people become the people they are? And the only journey you know is yourself, you know, like you've been there for every minute of you Right, So then I just started, like the new hour I'm doing, let's get into it. I really break down how do I how did I become this loud, boisterous, crazy dude when I was When I was a kid, I was such a geeky, nerdy, math loving, you know, making tests for my father when it came home from work, kid, you know. So it's really just a weird way to get through it all. So that's what my New Hours about. And it's a deeper dive and it's it's it's really fun to reflect on that stuff.
Speaker 2: It all started with falling on a step at an Italian man That story into the APT I really thought it's gotta.
Speaker 1: Be you know, Yeah, it's not. That's that's a part of the shame gene stuff that goes, you know. But I talk about, you know, being a geek. I was like a real og back in the day, original geek. I was like super nerd. I like loved fantasy stories. I used to creative write. I watched the movie Willow. I don't know if you guys know the movie Willow. I saw the movie Willow back in the day. It was like a Lord of the Rings light before they had like special effects, like all puppets and stuff. Voukilmer was in it, and it was like a thing that just like sparked all this weird creativity in me, and I started writing short stories reading them. I did magic. It's like my parents and stuff. It was really weird.
Speaker 2: You still do a little bit of magic.
Speaker 1: I got good tricks. Yeah, I got a good card trick that that's easy for everybody to learn.
Speaker 2: And we got to get a card trick. We gotta get car I love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, magic's fun.
Speaker 6: We had doctor O's on the bush really and it was he's.
Speaker 2: Not a doctor, he doesn't have yeah, yeah, doctor.
Speaker 12: And then and then.
Speaker 1: I thought he meant, oh, yeah, you put a doctor on. I thought he got a pH d.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we had to clear that up for no problem I had.
Speaker 1: Uh, I was I found myself at a dinner with David Blaine.
Speaker 2: How was that dude?
Speaker 1: A dude? It was so funny because there's also a moment where we're all just chilling. It was at a it was at somebody's house that we're all mutual friends with. I had never met. David had his daughter with him, and he just nonchalantly takes a deck of cards out of his inside pocket, like you just we're all literally just talking about something else, like we're doing like a movie or so, and then he's like clinkling, and the whole place just stops and he just starts going whatever. And I had never met him, and I'm just sitting across from him, and he starts talking. He's like, Okay, could you sign this card? Whatever? And he and he puts it in back in the deck and he starts talking about it because you remember what the card was. I was like, yeah, you know, he's seven of hearts. He's like okay, and then he opens the deck. He's like, oh, it's not here. He goes, where the where could it be? I'm like, I don't know. He goes, I noticed you have a nice watch, and I said, yeah, could you turn your wrist over? And I turned it over and it was folded inside the wrist of my watch.
Speaker 2: Like how the fun does he do that?
Speaker 1: He never touched me, never, never even looked at me. I was across the table from I said, going, I said, get out. I said get out, I get away from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: And it was so crazy. He was so but it was so funny because when he was talking regular and you were talking out with him, like with him, he was like he was like, it's like, hey man, so good and he was like think of a number, Like he just got in the zone. It was there was a.
Speaker 2: Like in a kitchen.
Speaker 1: It was it was it was Harrison Ford Harrison. He kicks him of his kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he like cuts open in his range.
Speaker 1: That's like, how does that?
Speaker 2: He's got to have people go and play somewhere.
Speaker 1: He was by himself, was him and his door, unless he's got his daughter work in the angle almost like in the you know, the in the markets, they had like the monkey that steals.
Speaker 2: The dude, he's gotta be Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Specially he's a hell of a showman.
Speaker 2: Man. It's incredible, and the hit that tone too. I'm seriously like, hey guy, hey, good to meet you.
Speaker 1: Taking out the Cards, which is the most.
Speaker 2: Wild movie you could do at a party ever, unless you're David Blaine.
Speaker 1: I know, was the mental Yeah, and then it just invests it. If he missed it, it'd be like, dude, we just had a nice meal.
Speaker 2: You save it.
Speaker 1: Everything up, dude.
Speaker 2: He did something to us. It was doing birthdays and different things throughout the calculators with a calculator, and then we pulled out one hundred dollars bill.
Speaker 1: And it was a serial number.
Speaker 2: Yeah. First he did cards and then he did the serial number of that and it was like pull a random dollar bill out. It was crazy, sane man, insane.
Speaker 6: Brought one of our guys from the other side over and then guests basically said his his pin code for his ATM card.
Speaker 1: Oh, now make some that's a nice side hustle.
Speaker 2: The magic thing is so funny. Yeah, this is him just absolutely blowing our minds.
Speaker 1: You got to wear a suit when you do that.
Speaker 2: When you're business right, always.
Speaker 1: Got to always do that.
Speaker 2: Your big suit guy.
Speaker 1: I throw on a suit every now and again. I clean up nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Us, I worked at Nordstroms, so I was in the men's retail, so I know I'm a little bit of a fashionista. Thank you for asking. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to get to know you as much. Man.
Speaker 1: That was the next bullet point. It was like, so you got me to shoot that shoot is great? There that's they had to actually put pants on me because I I did the shoot without pants. Oh yea yeah, yeah, because I was like, you know what, because we were That was one of our first photo shoots ever, and the guys were so nervous and we had never done anything like this. It was a full thing, and we walked down every I felt there was so nervous. I just came out the dressing room without pants and they were like and everybody started laving. We had a good time, and then they were like, could you go, uh, could you go put pants on? For one? I was like sure, And that's the picture they used me with pants on. But yeah, that's one of my favorite jackets. If you scroll the left there that was at the movie premiere. The golden jacket over there that I got on the other ye see it right there, that gold jacket. That's fantastic. Look at that.
Speaker 2: That's got to be expensive.
Speaker 1: Nor Strum, No, you know what I bought that Like that was like a like a thrift store. I got it like I'm a deep discount shopper. I love a Nordstrom rack. I don't really hit the nord Strum. Yea, I go to the rack. I love it a deal.
Speaker 2: Racks got the best, the best elections you can if you can sift through the bullshit.
Speaker 1: You have to get through the bs. Yeah, sometimes it's just not worth it. But when you find a diamond in the rough, Oh that jacket, it doesn't fit me anymore. I was at my fighting weight back then.
Speaker 2: It seems like you simmed up little bit.
Speaker 1: I did a little bit. I'm a I teeter totter. Yeah, I was my fattest. I was it I think twenty five. And that was like season three when we just switched the high definition cameras, and I was.
Speaker 6: Like, you.
Speaker 1: Switch it up, because if you see, it's the first couple of seasons. We don't give a ship what we look like we're wearing like what we rolled out of bed in and then it's like, oh, this is where people see us. Okay, we got to start doing something.
Speaker 2: I started doing a little bit because I heard when we were getting ready for this episode the I.
Speaker 1: Am really chubby.
Speaker 7: See that?
Speaker 1: Look at that?
Speaker 7: What did you google?
Speaker 1: And bring up us side by side of him fat Joe and.
Speaker 2: Joe before and half.
Speaker 1: Look at that face. I look like job of the hut. I look like my neck is made a plate. That's all I got all day, all night sometime.
Speaker 2: That's all you can see. It's mesmerizing.
Speaker 1: It takes you away, like tell everybody, I'm the hottest from here.
Speaker 6: Upleater up the spooky episode because it's time to turn up your tailgate with a little bit of Can. Social Tonics can spike Selzer's with weeds so you can enjoy social uplifting buzz and still can feel next can steal hey and you can and you can still feel great the next day. Quite literally, the life hack of all life hacks. Each can is blended with only five simple ingredients, all natural ingredients, alcohol free, and comes in three award winning flavors, and they're microdosed so you can get a tiny bit high to watch the Big Game or that spooky movie and always be in control. Head to drinkcan dot com and use code bus thirty for a generous and spooky thirty percent off your order of Can and a free Spooky Roady six pack sampler.
Speaker 2: Back to the Fright. What was Yeah? Because I saw I heard about you had a situation with Nira Circus. We had like almost cardiac arrest.
Speaker 1: Yeah did, Yeah, almost died on television. They had to wheel me out at the end like weekends at burning to say goabye, like I was underneath getting oxygen. So Nitro Circus date we did. They wanted to do a live thing at one hundredth episode. It's live TV. It's a one hundredth episode. So we're gonna do this obstacle course and make you guys do all these stupid stunts. Okay, let's do it fun.
Speaker 2: We saw it. I'm so curious, like how you earn.
Speaker 1: Don't know why we did. It's so off brand. It's not our thing. We're not physical. I dressed up by catin Captain Fat Belly. I was like, let's make it. Let's make it a thing. So I go out and the first time I go, they make it to uh. We get to the bike course, the mini bike thing like when they were training us, cub broke a rib, like he got rolled over. Really yeah, they rolled a thing rolled over on them.
Speaker 2: Those guys are just psychos.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're not. It's like it's so so weird. But they got this partnership with them.
Speaker 2: So we do it.
Speaker 1: We start and the thing, the mini bike doesn't start and the clock's ticking. It's live TV and they're like, go, go go, and I'm like it's on. So I try to push. It's too heavy. I'm like f it, I'll just run. So I run the mini bike course and I'm in no sort of shape to run. It's like uphill, this divots and then I just so I basically end up running this whole course. And the last thing of it, which is so fun, is we we had three doors that you had to jump through with our faces on them. Two of them are locked one is it right? So I decided to run and jump. See they're behind us there, and I would yell and jump and I would jump and I would go hi oh and hit the doorn't slide down. I did it on purpose, and I was like, oh, that'd be funny. And I was like all right, and I was like the second one, I was like all right, and I'm like stumbling out the steps and I get out of half a Highoh, I'm like heyo. I hit the door and when I hit the floor, I like kind of blacked out for a minute. And I was like I either could get up and have a heart attack on live television or I could just lay here. So I just call time out and they go to commercial. And when they try to get me to my feet, I can't stand and I'm like, oh, it's like something really wrong here. And I just was like heaving, like right, So they pulled me in underneath the bleachers. They had like a med station, and they pulled me in and I go underneath and they hooked me up the oxygen and they give me an ivy to fill me up with some fluids. I'm like singing stars. They like give the whole thing there, and now everybody else is going. So everybody else is going. It's the end of the episode, and the producers coming They're like, hey, could you you gotta you know, come out, and everybody's got to see you. Okay, and I'm like I'm not okay. So they like wheel me out of the last shot. They like it's like weekend at Birdies. I'm like, eh, like Joe's okay, I'm like yeah, And then they put me in the ambulance and I went to the hospital for check.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was so so bizarre.
Speaker 2: So ended up being like the medical reasoning.
Speaker 1: It was just like fat, yeahha should not be trying to run a quarter mile at top speed and the captain fat belly spandex.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it was. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Was going, but I was just not in you know, any shape. It was actually you know, it was built for like people who were in shape, but I had a hard time because you're supposed to be on a bike. I was supposed to run that much, I wrote ran a lot.
Speaker 2: So is it the last time you dealt with n circus?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ever?
Speaker 6: Ever?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was good though, because like we did it, and as you get more into it, more established, it could be like, no, that's not right. So the next time it was time for like they wanted to do something else, we were just like no, no, thank you, we do. But there was also so much turnover at the network. I think we had in my tenure. I think there was five different presidents of the network, so everybody just came in. It was just like, leave jokers alone. It's doing its things. So it was kind of just like a wild West situation, which was fun.
Speaker 2: That's got to be a great feeling. How familiar are you with Nitro, Circus and Travis great guys.
Speaker 1: We hung out for a weekend at their ranch to train towards how to use all the stuff, which was fun. Uh, super down to earth guys, really cool. I had a great experience with them.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Uh, they do what they do very well, and it wasn't for us exactly.
Speaker 2: One of the Taylor's icons. Yeah, I'm obsessed good on it. But there was a if you can pull us up showman. But there's like a an X ray of Travis Pashana's entire body and it's like the most destroyed thing you've ever seen in life. He said, like twenty seven surgeries, multiple knee replacement. Yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: He was telling to some horror stories and stuff. But I was like, and I asked him. I remember we were talking. Q was obsessed with him. When Q got hurt, like we ended up just hanging out and talking to him, and he was like why did you do Uh? He's like, why do you why do you do it? And he just said it's because what I do. I was like, that's such a badass answer. What I just used to?
Speaker 2: So that white shoulder up there all the little.
Speaker 1: Way off, Yeah, hips don't lie look at that. It's crazy. Yeah, could you Matt oh Man, he's gonna that.
Speaker 2: You know what though, like did you imagine such a dense and.
Speaker 1: And like this is the worst pain in the.
Speaker 6: Camp barstool shattered my toe on the first base bag playing softball, playing and it was purple black like it was.
Speaker 2: In the NFL. And he got hurt playing softball and it was brutal.
Speaker 7: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I still finished though.
Speaker 1: There you go. Who's needs to those.
Speaker 2: Probably Travis's is that Travis? He had he had one man there was so they had like Nina Circus one, two, and three that came out when I was in middle school, and there's one of Travis hitting this step up which is like you go off a ramp, but you land higher then you you took off and he like just endos his bike.
Speaker 1: Which is the front wheel coming up and you just familiar with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just like like scorpions himself and I think that's when he broke his steamer. It was like the most insane and he just the guys just fucking doing but the.
Speaker 1: Nerve to do that right, just they have like toddler, you know that, like they don't know, zero.
Speaker 2: Fear, just kind of lean over and I wonder if I fell.
Speaker 1: I'm with my family where my daughter were in Turks and Keicos on vacation and my daughter goes dad watches. They had like a pool, like a little rock.
Speaker 2: Pool was good.
Speaker 1: She climbed up on a rock and did her front flip into the pool. I was like, oh my god, I said to my I said, that's so cool. I was like, you knew she knew idea that she goes no and I was like, well, we're bad parents, and she was like it's fun. I was like, all right, do it again, just not doing flips off the rock and I'm like, it's crazy, like no fear to do it. It's so fun. I know.
Speaker 2: I wish we all kind of had that still, because being a kid and not being afraid of things is the best.
Speaker 1: That's it. They made me break tables with my body, which was a fun one. Whenever gets to use my body as a comedic weapon. It was always fun. So they did this one where I was the manager and they planted ten breakaway tables in this restaurant and I had to find them. So I had to just jump on these tables and see they so.
Speaker 7: Some of you.
Speaker 1: Just l entrees.
Speaker 7: So it was so weird.
Speaker 1: So the last one they put up, they put.
Speaker 2: Dropped.
Speaker 1: I dropped an elbow off.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is happening.
Speaker 1: And I was like, this is that's what and I yelled, this is happening. I tapped my elbow and I came off the top and they had missed. I overshot and I missed the bag underneath. So they had like put like a little bit of an airbag to soften the fall. But I overshot it and I hit hard like that one didn't break. So this guy's just trying to eat his antipasta. It was really fun, man. Yeah, so that we did stuff like that, but that was on brand for us, you know, that was stuff. So we we kind of we figured it out, which is cool.
Speaker 2: Now, if you asked one of the other three guys to do a print like that. Would they feel comfortable doing that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so, but they would know they would say that's better for you. Like, you know, we we'd be in the room everything, we would just start talking like what what can you do? And if it made us laugh and you can envision somebody doing it, you know whose it was, you know. But half half the time it was like, oh, it'd be funny if Gatto was a genie. We just used them like a wrecking ball and it was like, yeah, we just painted purple and just bounce and it was just like it was one of the funnies thing they ever did, you know, But like there was. Some of them was so simple and it took a little selling. But I remember vividly we were just sitting there and we're talking about punishments because you know, we write them up. You know you're gonna get punshed across the board. You start thinking about it and eventually when time comes, you probably forgot that you were gonna do it. And we're just sitting there and I go, what if I was a massage chair? And we all just started laughing and they go, what is it? I'm like, and I was like and then and then he was like, yeah, like you're the chair. I'm like, yeah, I'm the chair. People send it and got a massage them and we hysterical laugh and then we write it up and we sent them the network. It says massage punishment. Joe's a massage chair, and the network calls into like what is it? And it's like Joe's massage chair and they stop laughing. They go, yeah, but what is it? He goes, now that's it. They're laughing. So they made the massage chair and I sat in a massage chair and when people sat down, my arms could come out of it and I would just start massaging people and start making the massage chair noises. So I'm just going, we're upping these people. It was so stupid and so fun. But then to get me, they flew in Byumba, the sumo wrestler at the end, and he comes and he jumps on the chair on me, and it was, oh my god, it was the worst, but it was It was really fun. But you know those are for me, or yeah, there's Biomba doing it. He just came in and I was like, get off of me, by and I started shaking him and he's wigland. It's really fun.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know what, you know what you could do well, you know when you're a comedian, because it's a comedy show too, right, you want the right guy doing the right thing, like you know what sal Or right, So you try to put them in their best life.
Speaker 2: So you guys would know what the punishments were before you went through it.
Speaker 1: Some of them for the most part, no, but some of them, if we thought about them, we would just like if we came up with them, be funny. We wouldn't let them know when it was happening, gotch so it'd be like, it's your punishment, but you don't know what it is. You never knew what it was what you were walking into, and then when it happened, it was like here you go.
Speaker 2: Because there's one going viral right now with faking his death for sell punishment. Obviously he didn't know about that one going on. Have you seen the clip?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, pull up, yeah, pull up, just let's falls off the car falls off the car with the stuntman replacement, and Sell looks like he's about to puke. Well yeah, I mean he thinks his friend died.
Speaker 2: So I mean that one's not your cup of tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the fifth Yeah, I mean this is a little mental trauma.
Speaker 2: For a guy like damn our boy really just yeah yeah be gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's uh. You know that looks like me at the Nutral Circus.
Speaker 2: Seems like the most squeamish of the group. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I mean he puts it on too. You know, he's pretty good, but he definitely has the most visceral reactions. Like you see him reacting. You literally, it's one of those guys you could see his skin and crawl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And one of my favors is like Q was definitely afraid of spiders. So we were like, you know, we have to put a tarantel on you, buddy, and he's like, no, you can't, you can't. And then eventually he was like eventually he was like, you know, he's like all right, maybe all right, maybe, but he's like, but he's got I got to be able to pull it. If I can't. I was like fine, So we forget about it for a season and then we do this trantal punishment where we bring him in and we put a transfer on him. So he gets through it. He was super It was like it felt bad in the moment, but he was getting through it. And we gave him like a safety word if he said pumper nickel will be safety word, and we pull it. So he says pumpernicle, like we're just kidding, there's no word, but we could tell we got then off camera we would like all right, off camera, like you're good, you good, you got He's like, I'm good, I'm good, I'm almost done. I'm almost done. And then when he said he was done, we pull it right, so, but we don't show that, you know, So then we do the same exact punishment reenacted. We do kittens with sal and he reacted worse, thank you, like he was screaming.
Speaker 2: And then we did this.
Speaker 1: We were going to bring in, you know, a big cat and put it in there with him, and it was so docile it wasn't even scary. It wasn't even scary at Salas, not just because it's sal you know, but you could literally see his skin crawl as much as cute. Yeah, you know, it's just it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Could you being afraid of kittens?
Speaker 1: Kittens?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that is the most wild probably the softest thing to be afraid.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, yeah, maybe balloons, but there's Pennywise. Yeah, think about loves horror. Man, my daughter would love this place. By the way, Yeah, my daughter loves horror. She's in she's in the second grade. She goes to school as penny Wise. That's what you wanted to be second grade? Second sounds like, my kids are so awesome.
Speaker 6: You guys got to embrace Spootober. It's officially started.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, is it spectacular? Like what's Spooktober? Is it like you're a thing?
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you Yes, yes, it is, okay, great Spooktober is so it's it's obviously the start of Halloween, right, October one is Halloween, and now October becomes Spooketober. So is what you call it. It's not only the fall, it is like the kickstart of all of the holiday season. Sure, so you know for the next three months, dude, you're eating candy, you're gorging yourself on Thanksgiving, and you're enjoying Santa Claus coming down your chimney. Sure or whatever holiday you happen to believe it. But it all happens in the same time. So to embrace these thirty one days of fright is like the most important thing you can possibly do because it just it fires you up, especially when you're a dad. You gotta like dive into it.
Speaker 6: There's rules too, like you gotta you gotta watch. You gotta watch something festive every day once a week, whether it's you the fan, whatever, you gotta do something that embraces the spook. So, whether it's like a pumpkin patch on wanted house, whether you go to a coffee shop and get yourself a pumpkin spice Lotte, of course, you do one thing a week that embraces the spook.
Speaker 2: And the final thing is make.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin pumpkin spice is spooky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, embracing.
Speaker 6: The final thing is you gotta do a little decoration in your house outside inside of one pumpkin, eight pumpkin skeletons crawling on your house.
Speaker 1: Something that's my fan there, she's Penny Wise. Yeah, how do you find a picture of my daughter? You are a wizard. You're also very creepy. But yeah, so you can tell that there my son and my daughter. My son's like, oh way, my spider man hoodie and my daughter's like, could I please be the scariest thing I get bag?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt, she's do you let her watch any of those shows? Yeah?
Speaker 1: We just started, like, uh, we just started, but she really I let her watch a scene of penny Wise, so I let her watch in the super I let her watch it to get together to dip her toe, and she was and she was like watching it with me and she goes she got like really scared there. She's like, this is so cool. I'm like that's enough, got enough. We watched it also, watching the like on Sunday morning at eight am, Like I'm not letting her see it before she goes to sleep, but she's super cool. Yeah, but we do the Spookfest. We go down that with fotone all the time, down to the Hollywood Hard Nights. This is a picture of us and Q. We go down to the Hollywood Hard Knights all the time. I'm not a big like spook. My wife loves it. And I remember one of our first dates she wanted in Manhattan. They do like one of those big like spooky wunted houses, and I would just like whether people come out and scary. Yeah, but it was in uh yeah, so they had all those you know, like when you go to like a car washes, those things that hang to block the room so you can't see it. Yeah, So I'd always just push my wife into the room first through that thing and everybody would come out. Then I would just walking like hey, and I knew where everybody was. It's like stop only because your idea to come here. That's my parents. Yeah, as a joke, we did on the thing because my parents died, you know. And I'd always bring out skeletons to my parents because the boys, you know, at that point, I'd always had their parents life, and I'd be like I had this joke all the time. You'd be surprised you could find a picture of a skeleton doing anything. So whenever you're in the car driving or doing anything, I would always like quld be talking about. I was like, oh, my mom just up to my mom. Yeah, I was like, oh yeah, She's like yeah, no, she went apple picking or whatever. And I'd be like, oh, that's cool. And then you would google skeleton apple picking and it would just be a picture of it and I would be like, oh, it's my mom facetiming me. Hey mom, And I would the picture.
Speaker 6: He'd be like, dude, just so messed up, just twisted in the head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my son wanted to be Earth. This is my son being Earth. He chose to like, what do we want to be? Away was like, I want to be Earth, so he was Earth. My daughter was an astronaut. I was a pilot, and my wife is a NASA employee. It is really funny, was like an astronaut.
Speaker 6: Want to be is?
Speaker 1: I like, he's obsessed with planets at that point, he's just getting into it now. The hardest was last year he wanted to be like these obsessed with minions want to be minions. He's like, I want to be grew and at the last minute he wanted to be a minions, So I had to be grew and I kind of looked like Steve Carella as it is, so like I like, yeah, there it is. Yeah, that's it. My daughter was a minion and uh oh you can be lost. But yeah, so my daughter is like a minion. So we tried to do the family thing. But they're kind of outgrowing it now and that's me as good.
Speaker 2: Heartbreaking when that is perfect, the whole outgrowing thing, I'm dreading that what is Halloween their favorite.
Speaker 1: No Christmas, right, it's their birthdays kind of birthday.
Speaker 2: You must do it up on the birthday.
Speaker 6: We do.
Speaker 1: We used to throw these big parties, but we just started saying, do you want to go on vacation instead. We used to have these huge parties at the house for my daughter. And last year she was like, could we just go away as a family, which I thought was really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all we do.
Speaker 1: My son loves Legos. We go to Lego Land in Upstate New York. There's a big Lego land, so we go there for his and we just did this world for for hers. And they just started watching all the Star Wars stuff. That was fantastic. All Star Wars, so you gotta watch my special. I tell a story about how my son gets scarred for life and.
Speaker 2: This okay, yeah, five years old.
Speaker 1: He's never been on a ride and we go to Star Wars and it's immersive experience and everybody's in character whatever, and he thinks he got abducted by Ailien. She had never been on a ride, and he starts screaming, I want to go back to Earth. It was yeah, so it was interesting, but he went on it. This year because we had watched the movies and he absolutely loved it. Okay, he conquered his fear.
Speaker 2: Now you brought up legos were you are o kid growing up? So this is for you and your son. You guys gotta do that all day, every.
Speaker 1: Day, every day. I got I got into it during COVID too, Like you started with the puzzles and bold and then you started with the legos, and I started doing the legos.
Speaker 2: I went to Parks of the Utah with my family and there had like a Lego store at the airport, and I bought the Titanic. And it's been a year and a half now I'm still like halfway through it. But every once in a while going there, my daughters will come in. We'll put like three pieces on it, and then we'll just move on to whatever they want.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that you're able to just leave it sitting there like that.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. I mean, it's a difference in having girls and boys. Yeah, but I've told them I've literally threatened their lives. I do not, under any circumstance ever touches for that, because all.
Speaker 1: I know they stepped they put one brick wrong. In Step thirteen games. You're over at step forwy too. You're trying to connect something. You're like at the disassemble. They'd be punished a lot for they've done.
Speaker 2: I would never forgive them because I was a kid that dude. Anytime you wanted me to sit down for two hours, just get me a lego set. Yeah, all day, just do that.
Speaker 1: What I don't like about the new thing is the instruction manual. I used to free brain it and just build like a ship.
Speaker 2: They're a real man. You're a real man from the Northeast. Appreciate business. I'm a domesticita cat. Need all of those all of those little sheets intricately. Okay, that's where it goes.
Speaker 1: Did you did you ever hear the toy pipeworks? Did you ever have that growing up? So it's a pv C. I'm sure a picture will be up of it in a minute. It's a PVC construction, life size construction set where you could like build these like forts, goat carts and whatnot. I was obsessed with them growing up. My kids have them now and they're how old are your kids?
Speaker 2: Seven and four?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: You got to get yourself some of the so this is there's a new company that makes them. That's the old school version and the new ones are called you can search for it, you'll find them. But you build like stuff like that and it's just a full set and you can build whatever your mind creates. So then we build these forts, these climbing things, all this stuff.
Speaker 2: It's really there's no directions especially you do you want?
Speaker 1: They have an extra there is a thing that you do if you want.
Speaker 2: But have you seen Magnetales game.
Speaker 1: I'm a Magnetali.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We make like Civilization.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get the whole the Triangle ones too. Yeah, oh yeah, I do the Marble Madness things to the marble. The marbles so they give you just the tubes to build your own marble maze and it's kind of like really fun where you just put a marble in and it does all these different tracks. It's really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got to get called Marble Madness when we're little. That's it right there. Yeah, those guys, that's fun.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember those whereas you're still in the train track in our house.
Speaker 1: I never got into the Thomas or any of those train track things.
Speaker 6: See, I grew I grew up like because I was never like a lego guy.
Speaker 2: I was never love Lincoln logs. That's all my cabin.
Speaker 6: Dude, I feel the same way because everybody's a big lego fanatic and I just never got into it. I felt like all the dads in my circle always loved building the cars, like the old school cars, so they always had them hanging up on their shelves.
Speaker 2: But I was just never a lego guy. I don't know why if you're if you're a trained guy. I was a hot yeah. I was simple. Lincoln logs and hot wheels me too. I love the jumps. I'll just do.
Speaker 6: Tournaments all day long with hot wheels, like those orange tracks.
Speaker 1: To the electric ones they had, like the little gun thing.
Speaker 2: I never got that.
Speaker 6: That's above me, you've got and then the simple like town rug where you just you got the hot wheels and you're pretending you're you're an NFL player, like oh, this is my house and you're like driving through.
Speaker 2: But that was that was as far as I Yeah, always an NFL player always yeah yeah yeah. So funny how much you love football.
Speaker 1: You you grew up playing football too?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, No, I was obsessed with it from from the start. Man My dad was all about it. We always play in the backyard. We'd be the Dallas Cowboys in the nineties, so I'd be like Michael Irvan, he'd be Troy Aikman. I'd get to be all the skill spots, Emmitt Smith, j Nova checked the tight end, and we were just like obviously we'd win like eighty to nothing. But it just be me and the old man pretended to be the Cowboys. So I've always loved it.
Speaker 1: It was the same way about bowling. Who do you think you are? Yeah, that's me, man, I'm a bowler, dude, are you really Yeah? Bowler and mathlete we live very different lines.
Speaker 2: Bowler mathlete, magician's so cool.
Speaker 6: We're the type of kid who like made like their own kind of board game on like notebook paper. Like you'd always have a buddy that'd be like, hey, I made this game and be like on their notebook and you just play with it. No, you got to a shield right here. You can't do it unless you have this many types ever.
Speaker 1: Gotten dungeons and dragons and now I think I would love but I did this thing so I when I was younger, my best friend in next door neighbor Jason Joseph was like you like he became like a football kind of guy. But growing up we were best friends. Two biggest yards in Staten Island. All the kids in the neighborhood would come over playing the yards, hanging out, just a chain link fence between us. Right as we got older, I started doing creative writing, better at math. Jason was like better at football talking to girls, right, So all the kids ended up in his yard playing like flag football. I get these pipeworks toys for my twelfth birthday, and at first I build a sword in a shield. That was when I was into my fantasy stuff. I had just seen Willow and I started playing out this thing in my mind about like, oh, I'm battling this dragon in my head, right, and I'm just this lanky kid or buy myself in my backyard. And then you know, when you feel somebody looking at you. I look over and all of them are lined up on the fence being like, Joe, what the fuck?
Speaker 7: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: To find I explained what I was doing, right, and Jason was I was like, I'm battling this dragon and it's got this two heads, and Jason like, do you need help? And he hopped the fence and he built like a bowstaff and me and him kicked that dragon's ass.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: That whole summer, everybody came and we played adventure games. I would narrate these stories and all the kids in my neighborhood ladies. It was the best summer of my life. And that was just what we did. Like I would give everybody powers. We this whole story. I ended up writing them at the end. It was really really cool.
Speaker 2: That is to be a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had scripts, which is funny, do you really Because always want to be a director. So that's why I got into the whole game. No ship most film directors. That's what I'll be when I grow up.
Speaker 2: Because if I obviously every kid goes to like a sword and shield face. But like in my mind, I was like, don't ever let somebody see you do this. You gotta this has got to be at night in the dark, all this out in the open chain league fence. Kids will play tackle football.
Speaker 1: You want your mom knocking on the door, like what are you doing in there? I'm just playing with my sword.
Speaker 2: And these kids just look over and they're like we got to help them out.
Speaker 1: Imagine like that, and it became like this adult thing.
Speaker 6: This happens down the road from our house in like that big field.
Speaker 2: Right, we gotta go it every week. And I got it.
Speaker 1: It looks so great man. And what a community, right, what a fun one thing to be a part of. Right, Yeah, it's so it's weird a little. Let's be honest, if we're gonna talk a certain way. I don't know if I could get into it like that, but I think I might be able to. I think in larpening, if I come down to it, I think me and my heards are LARPing it up and do.
Speaker 2: If we had a group of boys like this and we all like dressed up, I would have no problem buying into something like this. Yeah, and just knowing who they just knowing what your roles are. Who's the king around here? We'll got what he's saying. It is like get them after him.
Speaker 1: Like you imagine you showed up with these guys.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it would be awesome that because everyone plays like video games like that, like you've ever played Skyroom, those kinds of types of games. It's like, this is we're just bringing it to real life.
Speaker 1: It's cool because it's also a community is built around it.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love when like minded people find stuff together. That's my favorite part about it. Even like live events, concerts, comedy, like you know, like when you go and you're in a room. I have people come to the shows all the time that don't know anybody. I love that they come to like I don't know anybody here, Like I meet them to meet and greeting. I'm like, could you come with by myself? And I was like, I love that because that is you have the confidence to be around like like I go to like I go to movies by myself. I go to like I love that stuff.
Speaker 2: Movie go into a movie by yourself and breakfast on like a Saturday morning by yourself. It's kind of an all time movie.
Speaker 1: A cup of coffee by yourself, Like and I love that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah is God. I had a question, Jude. I wanted to ask, how sick is it?
Speaker 6: Because you seem like a big perspective guy, But how sick is it looking back knowing that you've ultimately gotten to be yourself make a living from it. Yeah, you know, the fame, all that, all that stuff is great, but just knowing that you got to be you. Yeah, that's how cool is that.
Speaker 1: I was so happy that I didn't like end up on a show where you had to play a character, right, because you just get to be show yourself and then get accepted by this crazy fandom just by being you. And then as people get into you a little bit more and stuff like and you find out like it's so cool that people could talk to you could talk to your fans like Instagram, messaging, right, comic cons all this stuff, Like you have that accessibility and I'll hear stories all the time about people being bullied and whatever. And that's like when I start doing anti bullying work, it was like I was like that too. I was like going, And then you realize you're that for people and that changes your whole perspective like that, Like in the beginning, you're like, oh, this is so cool, I'm on TV. But then when you realize what you are for people, family, what Laughter does because the network played in hospitals, prisons, like this is where it was. I got a flat tire in that Like last year, Guy shows up twelve thirty, gets out huge, dude tatted up, comes out of He's like, oh my god, Joe I'm like, hey's like, I just got out of prison five months ago. You got me through it. Could I have a hug?
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, then, thank god because you're very scario this dark alley broken down and broken down, you know, so like it was so cool to be like that. But then you realize that you're at hospitals and people are just going through these things of like people are finding you out there lowis for a reason to laugh, going through chemo, doing whatever. All this stuff you hear and it's like, wow, you don't even think that right when you're like, I'm just making my friends laugh. And then you realize that, and then you realize you have a family, you have a legacy. It's like all that stuff comes into perspective and you just get to be you.
Speaker 6: That's so cool because it's like you were pushing the you know, the the uh the baby toys, yeah, the baby gear. It's like people are in these you know, this this rat race of the corporate world and all the bureaucracy that comes within everything else. But you've ended up finding a lane to ultimately like beat you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's super cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We interrupt this episode to bring you Lucy, specifically for myself. Lucy Breaker espressos what the boy likes to do every morning. Wait an hour or two before I get my iced American, I'll throw a couple in the lip because I love to fill that little sizzle going in. You break, You burst that little flavor in your mouth and it tastes like a vanilla latte. Lucy is the obvious choice for the true nicotine pouch connoisseurs. That's why they are the ficial nicotine pouch and partner of Barstool Sports. Lucy pouches go up to twelve milligrams in strength and have a unique shape that feels great. Lucy Breakers are the only pouches with a hydration capsule inside. They're a totally new kind of pouch only available from Lucy. Each Breaker's pouch contains a hydration capsule that you can crack open with your teeth right before tossing it in your lip. The capsule releases a burst of flavor and helps release nicotine faster, for an experience that you can't find in any other pouch. Gas station pouches get the job done, but once you've tried Lucy, you won't want anything else in your pocket. Get Lucy shipped straight to your door. Visit Lucy dot co slash bussing and use promo code busting to get twenty percent off your first order, and then if you subscribe, you get another fifteen percent off and shipping is always free. That's from the boys to you. Lucy products are only for adults of legal age and every order is age verified. Warning this product contains nicotine and nicotine is an addictive chemical.
Speaker 2: Enjoy this episode. What are your experiences like when you see people that used to work with with the baby stuff or high school and stuff like that, what are you seeing a.
Speaker 1: Lot of times it's tough because people will be like, because you're Joe, right, so on TV they're like Joe like, and I'm like, oh, this guy's a fan, right, so I'd like there he is like, I don't know where I know you from yet I'd like, hey, I'm like you want to take a picture like I was your neighbor. Like it's so fun. And then you see people again and again because you're they're fans, and the fans you recognize some and they come into your fold and whatnot. But you know, a lot of times people like it's like I never say nice to meet you. I always say good to see you, because.
Speaker 7: You learn it.
Speaker 1: They're like, if you met somebody before, to them, meeting you is a big thing. But you know, you meet so many people being in the public eye. Sure you guys know, Like it's when fans of your stuff see you, it's like, nice to meet you is very hard to like we met before, And I hate that moment.
Speaker 6: It's and they go, they go a step further and say, do you remember do you remember?
Speaker 2: I was thinking to myself, you we just have a good time together right now, let's just say good to see.
Speaker 1: Where where do I Where do you know me from? I'm like, clearly I don't, So what do you want to talk about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fans. Fans are awesome having all that, there's always like the one or two that like because you always try to make them have a good time with you. Sure, and you want to feel like, hey, you're one of the boys right now, But then they take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you don't want you don't want them to mess it up either. Yeah, you know, because you like I grew up like I didn't get famous like until thirty four I was not on TV till I was thirty four. So I grew up a fan of people like I was a famous So you understand it from that side, Like when you get into limelight later in the years, you realize that you have that fandom has a special place in your heart because you are a fan of people like we worked with Vince Vaughn, and I'm a huge Vince Vaughn fan, right, And I remember when I met him for the first time. We were playing the Nashville Comedy Festival, you know, seven or eight years ago, and we're here in Nashville, right, and he uh, he comes in there. I get in the elevator with him, and we were there for him, like you knew who we were. He's with Steve Burne and he goes, hey, he goes he goes, oh, Steve's hey, Joe, how are you I looking at this? See He's like this Vince something. I didn't say anything. The door shut. We got out the elevator. I was like, and the doors were shut, and I went by and he shut and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, what am I doing?
Speaker 1: I was like, I just shipped the bed on meeting Vince, you know what I mean? So it's such a weird thing. Then thankfully I met him again. We became friends, but it was like such a weird thing that as a fan you still choke up.
Speaker 6: Dude, Steve Burne is so his network. He we got in events where we were at the Notre Dame game. It was Notre Dame Ohio State and we were fired up. I get I forget how Steve knew that we were all there together. We texted him, yeah, yeah, we were in Texas, Steve, and he goes, hey, here's his number, just text him.
Speaker 2: He'll know.
Speaker 6: And Taylor and I are like, are you are you sure this is okay? Because one thing in the same thing, like wedding crashes, all of it right, massive vinsvon fans.
Speaker 2: And he was so fucking cool.
Speaker 6: We were on the sideline watching the football game talking about what play you should run and yeah, it's it was.
Speaker 2: It was all time. Man. He's very much himself. Like you talk about being Joe and playing Joe. I feel like Evince for so many years I played himself because you met him in the personality of the back of the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess that, and the other it was like he looks over Tom Osmoreman never won this, and I'm thinking, does he know I played for Nebraska's He's just kind of saying, like a historic head coach, I have no clue, but this is the sickest moment of.
Speaker 1: My life, right right, I remember he is very endearing because it's so funny because he's so big. He's such a big guy. He has such a big presence. But when you talk to Vince, he's just like very endearing. Like when you talk to him, he's him like you feel like it, and he'd like I feel like he's just like he could be super intimidating, right, He's like so big, so loud, but he just knows how to do it. And Steve's the best Steve just I mean, I've been friends with Steve ten years. We do our podcast together, you know, Too Cool Moms, and he's, uh, he's just so great to like know because he's always like loves to connect people, he loves He's such a good dude.
Speaker 2: And he did a great job with his uh like late show I directed that's so did you really directed a special?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Awesome? I think it's so last was so good.
Speaker 1: He it's such a good moment that he's such just so funny, so fast and just a great dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you were getting into comedy, did you feel like there were a lot of clicks involved. Was it kind of tough at first for you at all?
Speaker 1: I feel yeah, not really. I mean comedy, stand up comedy especially could get I feel like this is a very nice place now because people are very accepting of the format, love it, you know whatever, and people are doing a thing. But I feel like it's very it's different because it's like Late Night's putting your work in. It's hard and it's hard to find your voice and hard to build it. But everybody has their own process to get there, you know, which is which is cool. But to get to meet all these people inside of it and know them to be fans and be fans of them, like that's really fun. Yeah, to do that, but it's it's definitely its own thing. I took Steve with me during my first show we Get Appleton on purpose, I did Joe gazenad of comedy. Steve was with me and I was like, because I respect him as a stand up, I know he's good, and I was like, all right, Steve, come with me and if it sucks. You gotta jump on stage and help me out whatever. So we go. He goes up, I brought him. I brought Marca Guardgigan, another comic who's on tour with me now, and I do my I do thirty five minutes the first time. I'm up, and I come back in the green room and he's sipping a scotch. I go, how was it? And he goes, fuck you. He goes, I've been doing this for years. You're update your a naturally I hate you. And so he was like, it's like, it's like it's good. He's like, it's good man. You just got to figure out what you're going to talk about up there. Yeah, help me build that. So that first year with Steve, he'd become on the road with me a lot. He was a super great mentor, just somebody who knows what they're doing. So it's really helped you become comfortable.
Speaker 2: You know, that's awesome. Yeah, do you how do you find your and watching so many other comedians that already found their voice and you love it and you're like, oh man, I'm a fan of what they're doing. How do you not take a little bit of it and use it for yourself.
Speaker 1: I figured the best thing to do is just be me on stage and I'm not try to be delivering jokes. And I found out quickly I'm a storyteller. I love telling the story and people really enjoy that part of it. So I just was like, Okay, what stories am I going to tell? How do they connect? And then how can I make them as funny as they could be? And that became my process with it. So that's what I really enjoy I grew up. I mean, I'm forty eight this point. I've had a very storied life. I've been through a lot of stuff. I've got lots to talk about, which is really cool. So that's what I do. But I don't shy away from the fact that people know me. You know, they know me from TV. I'm Joe, So if you liked me on TV, you're probably gonna like hearing me just talk up there and tell you more about me and stories. I just feel like it's it's important if you're having fun and people watching you have fun, it's impossible for them not to. I've always just enjoyed that if you're enjoying what you're doing up there, like me and the guys when we were on stage, we're just having fun. You can't sit in there and be like this is terrible, Like you're having fun with people. I wanted to make it an event, especially now when life sucks so hard for people, like, get out there, have some fun, have some lass. Forget about the bullshit. I'm not if they're talking about politics or bullshit whatever. I'm just talking about you know, how this fact hit from Staten Island found his way. You know, I think it's important in the backyard, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No doubt. Did you ever like when you were leaving in Practical Jokers, we were like, Okay, I want people to know me for comedy now instead of in Practical Jokers. Did you ever struggle with that at all?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Great question? All right, well.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's important though, because people like, Okay, this is my identity now, my identity is Joe like it or not. This is me, right, So let's get out there and laugh together. And that's why I say, like, I go on my special, I comment on every I respond to every comment. I'm messing with people on YouTube, every comment I go to, and it's me responding because it's like, if people are like oh this, stay in your lane. This isn't for you. I'll write back, thanks for giving it the shot. Be well, you didn't like it. Comedy's one hundred percent subjective. If you didn't like this night, it's fine, you know, but it's clearly my lane I'm doing, you know, are around the theater, tour around the country like you know, if you didn't like it, it's fine. I don't take offense to that, but I am If you take me and put that on TV, like, it's going to be the same uy, same voice, same thing. I know who I am, right, I didn't want to try to discover myself as a stand up. Of course, there's different aspects you have to think about, you know, and do different things, but I still want to keep the core right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you find it hard to kind of? Uh? Because stand up?
Speaker 6: I know you got to be on the road a lot, but balancing the family time and everything else.
Speaker 1: It's honestly easier, a lot easier. I mean, I'm working ten days in October, you know, I'm on the road ten days.
Speaker 2: Some people are on the road.
Speaker 1: I'm on the road a lot, But people don't understand the balance of it, you know, because I'm there for what I consider the important stuff. I'm there to drop them off at school, help with homework after the day. During the week, the weekends they're normally busy anyway, they got played eights birthday parties bullshit, Like during the week is when you know, that's when the missus needs to help. That's when it's more important. IM there for family dinners, talking about their day, helping them if they had something in school that went wrong. I think that's the part of it that's good. And you're in charge of it, you know. It's like, I'm not going to go on these are the weekends I can go. I'm going to be here for their birthday. You know, when we toured for the first year, I didn't even realize that I missed my wife's first Mother's Day because it wasn't even in my mind. And we booked a tour so far out and it was the first Mother's Day and my daughter's first birthday. I both was booked for both of them, and it was like, what a fucking And in hindsight, I'm like, you fucking dummy, Like what you're doing, you know, like it's so but you and it's so much you're so much in it and then you just start going. And I tell the story about my daughter. It was just before COVID. She's five years old. I come home. I was on tour with the boys, I was at work whatever, and she was so excited to see me, and she ran up and goes, Daddy, I love when you come to visit. And I'm like, oh, that's hysterical and hurts so bad. Yeah, So I was like, oh, I gotta there's a balance thing going on here, you know.
Speaker 2: No doubt, it's so hard to find, as fecially as they get older. It is.
Speaker 1: I think the big thing that I've taken away from it is there's no such thing as balance. It's focus. It's like you're focusing your energy here. Everything is always swirling around you. But you got to take that five minutes to build legos, to hang out, or take your car and beer on the racetrack. You know, whatever it made, but you need to take those times. Like my son says, Dad, can we play. I'll stop whatever I'm doing for five minutes and play with him because that five minutes will be for him and that'll be his favorite part of the day. And I'll find that five minutes somewhere else, I'll stay up. Five minutes later, I'll do whatever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So for the most part, you try to do what you can then focus on what you need. I think that's the biggest takeaway for Dad's in entertainment. It's really a hard thing, and I think you know, you know, especially it really is taxing on you to be I think people are getting it, but it's really really hard to balance all that stuff, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with that because it's more of like you understand what your priorities are, how you kind of want to build your life, and it also helps you Okay, these are the things I want to focus on and put my energy into, and I kind of have everything scheduled out now. Ultimately, this gives me the reason to say no to everything else because I would be somebody who enjoys like saying yes, like okay, maybe I can do that always at least say maybe. But I feel like I've learned since rus came into the world that like I've learned what to say no to. It's like, Okay, I know I want to do busting, I know I want to do family time. Everything else I can basically just say no to unless it's something that would be you know, pivotal for or the show or.
Speaker 2: For the family.
Speaker 6: It kind of like helps you deviate from like all right, I can say no.
Speaker 1: To you look at it through a different lens, Like I just wrote, I wrote a kid's book, right, but where's Barry? It's my new kids books, I guess when you guys copies is great. So it's a story about my son and it's he's animated in it as a cartoon. My dog's Pomoni is in it.
Speaker 2: Like it's so like so we don't even touched on the dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just been saying here telling a story and just stroking much evil.
Speaker 2: It's exactly.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's like to be able to do that. Yeah, that's my son and Ppomoni right there, like animated in the book, you know. But to see your kid be like that, and that's part of your thing, like you you get to be able to do those kind of things now, which is totally different. Like years ago when I was selling kids books, I was like, oh, I'm gonna be one of these one day. It wasn't even in your like lens, you know, But it's a it's fun to do that stuff and celebrate the parenthood and make a part of your person.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know, definitely need that book. Yeah I got to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's great, but at home. It's available now to purchase. Where's Barry check it out?
Speaker 2: No doubt you guys want to hit some teer talk. I would love to hit some tear talk. So I'll break down tier talk for you. I'm sure you watch the show all the time, but I'll just do it for the fans that are watching the.
Speaker 1: First a lot of first time. I bring up the star star power guys.
Speaker 2: So there's going there's gonna be a category at least ten people. We'll go through the category and you'll start at your tier three, so your third best, you're gonna paint a picture for us, Tier two, and then finally Tier one, your favorite.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: Now, there's always the outlier. Maybe we all agree on one thing and that becomes a god teer. I don't think we'll find that today, but that's just just to put in there. Once you're finished seeing your tier talk, we will go around the bus. One will give one word to express how they feel about your tier talk. Okay, so that's that's what we have. So the tears today is spend the night pranks? I do like I like the night pranks. Yeah, night pranks on friends or activities with friends. That's what it is. Okay, So we can take a couple of minutes think for a second.
Speaker 6: I'd like to go second or third. I'll just throw that in. I'll just throw that in the universe. I know two I have for sure. I just got to figure out what.
Speaker 1: When friends pranks?
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay? So things that you would do as a group.
Speaker 2: Yes, as a group. Do you have your standard?
Speaker 1: I have two, so I need three.
Speaker 2: You need three? Tier talk you're tier three, your tier two, you're tier one. I got them.
Speaker 6: My tier three. And I hate to admit I never had the balls to go through it and do it. But when your boys you start prank calling, when it was just a landlines back in the day and you had whatever numbers you wanted to do, Hey, i'll call my uncle here. We can get them with this. I never had the balls to be the one on the phone. We always had like we always had a Joe that was with us that was shameless and he would do it. I feel like doing the prank calls and when you get somebody and they have no fucking clue and they start calling friends and figure out who it is. I love that little like giddy feeling as a kid sitting around spending the night with your boys. My Tier two is gonna be ding dung ditching. When you first learn you get your license, you want to just get into some you want to get into some stuff with the boys, and you drive around, you ding dong ditch.
Speaker 2: You go and sprint, You're sprinting to the car. Come on, we gotta go, We gotta go.
Speaker 6: That escape plan is all time. My tier one, which I love the most, and it's it's so important for spootober but te peing throwing toilet paper in your friend's yard. My mom, she would drive the getaway van. We'd be at Walmart. You know, you have the jokes like somebody's got an upset stomach at the house, like buying all these rolls of toilet paper to throw them in the van. With this red mini van, she would drive and me and my boys we'd go in tpe. You know, whoever's not in the crew, you go in tpe their house or rolls of toilet paper everywhere. My mom actually set us up one time where we go. We went to one of like her friend's house, and we knew it was also her friend's house, but she had a son that we wanted to get and so we start tepeeing their yard and somebody had a chainsaw in the garage and somebody was ripping a four wheeler around the other side. But somebody started screaming, rips the foil around, were like, we gotta go, we gotta go to where we start exiting toward to We're just where the garage was. Somebody comes screaming out of the garage with the chainsaw. We are losing our minds, sprinting away. My mom's in there laughing. You realize there's a whole setup. But teping is by far and away my Tier one. Okay, that concludes my tier talk.
Speaker 2: Great classics, solid.
Speaker 12: Edgy, tradition, nostalgic, schocking, relatable.
Speaker 1: I would say, yeah, for sure, solid.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go next? Ye with me to go?
Speaker 1: I have two of mine. I can probably go.
Speaker 2: You want to go, Okay, I'll go, I'll go. So my Tier three is very Arizona specific, and here's why. During spoo October, always on the thirty on the thirtieth of October was kind of known to everybody as mischief nights. When you go out you do the all those types of things. Yes, so every once in a while in Arizona, unless you have all the money in the world, everybody has rocks as they're like landscaping. They don't have grass. And what we would do is if a rain was ever to come, we would take fruit roll ups and we put it on their rocks, and when the rain would come, the die would die everybody's rocks on their landscaping. And now I know it's kind of nasty. It's a nasty thing to do, but that that's why it's My Tier three came up two times Shadow Angel the Court. He's a kid that we happened to get one year. I feel really bad. His parents were really mem My tier two. My Tier two is going to go to the classic warm bowl of water to the heaviest.
Speaker 1: Sleeper finger in the bowl kind of thing finger in the bowl, you.
Speaker 2: Put it in there.
Speaker 6: They wet themselves and the boys got because they knew I had a bed wedding problem.
Speaker 2: Like I got got on that one. You got on that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I peed the ben tells like fourteen.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, Yeah, I was never found one.
Speaker 1: I love there man.
Speaker 6: Childhood and you're just up in the middle of night, stuffing in a bag, trying to get rid of all the evidence and then blame it on the dog.
Speaker 2: Terrifying.
Speaker 1: Do you have a stand up in pe By accident?
Speaker 2: That's my tier too, Yeah, yeah, you're my tier one is going to go to the t ping. It's getting getting some people is great, But to me, high school te ping was all about getting that girl. You liked, the Alex mac Sudy and you go over there, you find her house, and all the boys gonna say who we're gonna get, and you want to somehow.
Speaker 6: Put it in there.
Speaker 2: Hey, would you get Alex? No one really knows you like her, but you want to get her. And once you get all the boys to dive in, throw it over the trees, over the house and everything like that. It's just a it's a fun easy it's it's it's a fun thing that's innocent. It's a nice little deal.
Speaker 6: I would come back from college at Nebraska and still get the same crew boys and we tp some Yeah, if we if we happen to have a bye weekend I'd go home and we'd rally up the troops and.
Speaker 2: Go TP and love TP. I did have a couple more, but they were kind of dude. Yeah, there's like.
Speaker 6: People would do forks in the ground, plastic forks on like a cold night, and then they'd be stuck in the ground. They would egg your car and throw flower on top of it. Like people would do some crazy.
Speaker 2: Crazy because the egging was always it was a bad deal. Yeah. We would this kid name what was his name, Anthony, Anthony Romano. We called them maggot because he was so short, and he would take wire.
Speaker 1: Called magot because yeah, yeah, yeah, don't.
Speaker 2: We would take a wire on this busy street and we put it across like at like a four foot five foot level and cars would go drive by and would scrape their entire car all the way through.
Speaker 13: Oh my gosh, that diabolical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, devious, deceptive, unique, dangerous.
Speaker 2: Fun hyphenated fruit by the foot.
Speaker 1: The I.
Speaker 2: Didn't know the fourth thing.
Speaker 1: The fourth thing, Yeah that's cool. I uh so I have to put the prank call is tier three. But we even used to do it next all. I used to call up when we were on the bus on tour we would just kill time and I would call up a zoom Practical Jokers assistant Antoine, and I would call a place and be like, yes, we want to come in to eat here. I have the Impractical Jokers. They'll have my ass if we don't get a corner table. Do you have a corner table available? It'd be like a Chili's and they're like, it was so bony, and we would set up this whole thing and do that. So that's my number three for two. Three Tier two for me is the thing we used to do a lot. It was called You'd have to get a group of guys. We used to do it and it was a Perkins by me. I don't know if you know. Perkins's like yeah breakfast, yeah, breakfast, but yeah, it was twenty four hour and sat Island or late night whatever. And we used to do this in Goal. We work here, and when it always be so busy that there'd always be a chance that the host stand would be open, so one of us would work as the hostand and we would see people and then somebody would come over and take their order as another friend would come over at the waiter to take that on. These people would think they're being helped, and we would just like leave and wait looking through the window and I'd you're waiting to complain about their food and we would just sit there with like we never took your order like that was really fun.
Speaker 2: We used to do.
Speaker 1: We work here at Perkins, but then we take.
Speaker 6: Their order and go and sit next to the start eating your.
Speaker 1: We would just sit and wait and then wait watch them go start going because some of our friends would be inside. That didn't work there, right, Yeah, we used to go to group like four or five guys and then they would just wait looking through the window and we just hear the people going crazy, and that was really fun. But my favorite thing we always did, and it worked its way into the show, was just up your ass and to the left. So whenever anybody asked you with something someplaces, do you know, excuse me, do you know how I get the center? Parkie? It's up your ass to the left up over here, and you have to say that to them, looking them in the face. And it made We did it for decades. And then on the show, I'm in the park doing a petition thing or whatever, and somebody walks up to me and goes excuse me, do you know where the bathrooms are? And in my ear, I go, you got up your and I go, yeah, it's up your ass to the left yet And it became a thing. We montaged it on the show. We did it one million times on the show, so whenever anybody asked us anything. But if you don't realize, because if you just look at them in point, they're like, oh thank you, and they say thank you and walk away. It's crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So that.
Speaker 1: The it's all like a Jedi mind tree. It's a David Blaine. You look under their watching it's a call it.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite number? Just strokes the dog, professional, fun, legendary, veteran, creative, original.
Speaker 4: Camaraderie, harmless.
Speaker 1: We tried to be.
Speaker 2: Great to do need a call, quick break? I have to be very badly okay as well?
Speaker 1: All wait, you don't go together.
Speaker 2: Did you know about the show at all before you Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I met you guys before.
Speaker 6: Oh ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah what have we met? I met you you guys were doing Bert outside of Zamie's with Steve burn It's great. I make an impression. Hold on, hold on, not awkward at all. Hold On, that's good that's fine, that's good, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Was I there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked for three to five minutes.
Speaker 2: It's great to see you again. A lot of good to see you. There was one of them, No, it was honestly, it was Bert's wife. Bert's wife was doing a show.
Speaker 1: It was they were doing in Zanies. There was the they were doing a podcast inside there and I wasn't there. And then it was on the bus when you came out. You guys were you were on the bus doing it doing somebody. You were doing a thing, and I just popped instid of low. You were there, you were doing a podcast?
Speaker 2: No ship? Yeah? Yeah, God what that dude?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 1: It was quick. I wouldn't be surprise.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna eat it. I'm gonna pretend like it doesn't hurt me right now, and I'm gonna wait till we separate. I'm gonna think about this all day long. It's gonna be brutal.
Speaker 1: No, I never met you, all right?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: You'll never know.
Speaker 2: That you do have a blood? Yeah, no doubt. What bring your dog everywhere?
Speaker 1: No, when I'm when I'm only flying once I take her. Yeah, yeah, I only flew into uh in here and then we were drove around so I could take her.
Speaker 2: But she's your real service dog, or you get the note from the doctor that allows you to not put her under.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you buy this on Amazon. You just yeah, easy, Yeah, you don't have to pay for her on the airplane when it's a service dog. But yeah, no, there's a if you have they can't they can't ask you for anything. So it's it's not really a thing. But when you fly Delta, they just have a thing that you have to You literally have the sign that you won't pee on the plane. That's literally that's it there, Like she can and she peas on the playing you have to pay for them to clean it. Like that's that's their problem, you know.
Speaker 6: So hear'd you guys laugh really loud and I had a lot of fomo.
Speaker 2: No, it was he put me in a blender and he'll tell you why I go.
Speaker 1: He said, uh, he said, did you know about the show before and whatever? I and I met you guys and he said, uh, he said no. I said, yeah, I met you guys in Nashville outside his amies. I said, when you guys were doing you guys were doing with Bert and I met you guys and he was like, I wasn't there and I told him, I was, ayeah, you guys were filming an episode and he's like, no, we weren't. I said.
Speaker 2: He goes, oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I said, it's good to see you again and I and then he was it was quiet, and I went, I never met you, and I was like, you were there were no uh no outside for I'll tell you because he's not here for real. When you guys, you guys are doing a thing with Bert, I said a little quick and I met.
Speaker 2: When he when he was performing.
Speaker 1: You guys were doing. You guys were doing like the bus was outside. You guys are doing the thing or whatever, and I had come, got you, Yeah, got you? Yeah, that's so I did that. And then I told him I never met him, and then he was like, wait did you? And I was like, you'll never know. How'd you meet Steve through So he had a show on TBS. He had a Sullivan Son okay, and we were on true with ours. So we ended up being at the same like upfront and all that stuff, and then they were on tour doing their Sullivan Son tour and we were torn as the Jokers, and we ended up in the same towns and we were both in like I think it was Phoenix, Arizona. We're both somewhere once together.
Speaker 2: And he's truly one of the best guys.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know why, I'm oh Josh wolf m.
Speaker 6: He was in town and he was doing a stand up at Zanies and he has this bit where he has a rookie comedian come up and go for five ten minutes or something like that. Well, I was one of those one time, so I did like a five to ten minute thing and Steve was just helping me, Like you know, I like write all my stuff and he'd helped me punch up on all of it. He's just one of the best man. He truly is one of the best.
Speaker 1: When we toured the UK, he came in open for us and we did an arena tour. They were likely the two and Shin and he he ended his set by doing a sing along to the Killers bright Side bright Side with everybody and that is awesome, warmed up.
Speaker 2: Everybody was so far Yeah, how is it touring internationally? Oh?
Speaker 1: Insanity? So fun I went I had done. I just did Australia, which was cool by myself, I did I've done Canada, which was cool, and then we did as jokers, we did London, which was great.
Speaker 6: Twice we did it over there and then the island reaches that many people. Because you're probably thinking, all right, yeah, let's go international.
Speaker 1: You might be thinking, we went to do a London episode. Everybody knew us more than New York. It was insane.
Speaker 6: We could barely is anybody even gonna know us over there?
Speaker 1: It's crazy because we we aired on Comedy Central there, but they picked it up in the fourth season and every Monday for two and a half years it was a new episode. So imagine you have a brand new show that you love and every Monday for two and a half years is a new episode. So it caught fire like nothing over there with like the fucking Beatles.
Speaker 2: That's awest.
Speaker 1: So we walked over there as cool.
Speaker 2: I love that's the question, yep, because I know we got to have you up by noon. Yeah, okay, one minute, we're.
Speaker 1: Going to the backup papers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: This twisted question is brought to us by Twisted Tea. Twisted Tea is a refreshing, hardeed team made with real brewed tea and five percent alcohol, full of flavor and very refreshing. Joe, You'll love this. It goes down so smooth because there's no carbonation, which makes it easy to drink all day long. Twisted Tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day. It is the perfect beverage or alcohol four game day. Whether you're tailgating in the parking lot, watching at a bar, watching with friends at home, LARPing in the backyard, Twisted Tea is there to turn up your game date. Keep it twisted with the boys and grab a twisted Tea today. Our Twisted Question, Mitch, would you like to read it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll read it all right. Our Twisted question this week. You have to sneak into a highly secured museum to steal a diamond. What's your disguise slash character you're playing? And who would you recruit to be a part of your heist?
Speaker 2: If you can recruit anybody, or is it like three people or something.
Speaker 7: Like that, let's do it. Let's do a squad of four people, so you and three other guys, and.
Speaker 2: It could be people we only people we know, or could be.
Speaker 7: Anybody anybody let's do anybody Okay, all.
Speaker 6: Right, I think I think whoever I'm gonna have just calling the shots, he's gonna be Nicholas Cage. I think you have to have Nicholas is a script though, but you're the director. Maybe you're the directory. I think you gotta have Nicholas Cage. I don't know who my fourth one would be, but I know another one would be Owen Wilson from Night at the Museum. You put them in your pocket. Whether I'm a janitor and I get in, I let him out to go like sneak out find the diamond. But you have little Owen Wilson running around, you know, running around the museum. Okay, but that would I know, I have two for sure. Do you guys have any anybody else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I absolutely do. I would obviously be a security guard. I think that's the easiest thing for me to disguise as I would have a person calling the shots. George Clooney oceans smart, very smart. He's gonna know everything everything. And what do you do with George Clooney You put his right hand next to him. Got to have Brad Pitt with them, for sure. And then finally, who's going to go down the zip line to make sure everything goes according to planning when they can get themselves in a pinch figure it all out, Tom Cruise, I thought you were gonna say kill possible was crazy. Yeah, yeah, that's my three for me.
Speaker 1: I gotta get Lucy Low in the mix, Okay. I feel like she's easy on the eyes and it's a bad and yeah, especially that reason. Yeah, I think that Elon Musk has got to be in there because he's gonna throw some serious money behind it. Some ship. I can't take the diamond you have it. I would be philanthropists, would be my disguise, someone who's very regal, and I would need to have my personal security with me the rock, and I think that would be exactly. That would be my good crew as if ship goes down you need them to do some stuff or you know, I think it will work.
Speaker 2: You understood this assignment one sure, and I've done it.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 6: It is my addition to the roster, Tom Cruise. Christ you had him in there, Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 1: If you bring if you bring Matt Damon as the character born, then for sure that's another good one. But se but I feel like Tom Cruise does his own stunts, so he's gonna be able to pull it off. He's gonna be able to throw him down a garbage, you know, disposal of something.
Speaker 2: He's the elevator. The elevator scene in the first movie threw me off so bad. It was the first of the third the first. That elevator scene fucked me up. I don't know why. Yeah, mission impossible. When Tom's outside the guy gets squished. Yeah, that really messed me up.
Speaker 1: Do you take elevators just stairs there, strictly stairs.
Speaker 2: I'm all elevators all the time, even if it's a one floor. Got to give her right next to it. All the waits too much, too much, too much. Lucy loves a good pull.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like she's she's a badass and she could figure out a.
Speaker 7: Lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: I think she's like the the third though, of all the Charlie Charlie's angels, the.
Speaker 1: Third of them, think so I would go third, Yeah, ranking according to what height?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah yeah, yeah, maybe we'll just say hi, Taylor's preference on women. Yeah, yeah, there's that.
Speaker 1: Funny I feel yeah that Oh that is terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tough scene.
Speaker 6: Are you are you an NFL guy like, who's your team college NFL?
Speaker 1: Dude, he's Northeast, he has no I'm known famously for knowing nothing about sports but being able to fake my way through it.
Speaker 2: Okay, dude, was like, what do you fake your way through?
Speaker 1: Well, well, I'm a New York guy, so I always rooting for New York no matter who they're playing or Giants.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh but like I'll like, you know, it's so funny because I'll be able to be like be able to hold it up by like the Eagles. You know, they're gonna have good seas. You gotta be careful with this secondaries really lacking. They got to make out for the old line. I'll say, ship like that. You just get people talking like that, just people like.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true, Yeah that's true. Like you know what point guys this stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, back and forth. I'll read like Yahoo News his headlines. I'll like me, all right, have I gotta go. But I love like a live event. I'll go to live sports and stuff, but I don't. I never really got into it. I was never good at it, never really tracked it. But uh, I love like a live you know, growing up in New York that like the Yankees, like the lot going to those games and you know, doing Gotcha Day and stuff.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: That was always fun. But I'm known for like being not a sports guy.
Speaker 6: You weren't into growing up mathematics.
Speaker 1: I throw out throughout the first pitch there.
Speaker 2: That was great, how'd you do?
Speaker 1: I watched Steve do it. They wanted Steve threw it out, but I was just hype man. I ran out and fired it. This is what I do. This is what I do at sporting events. This is a perfect freeze frame of me. I just get the crowds going, well, I'm a I'm a hype man to the extreme. Yeah, you'll find if you ever had to do a hype pist, then you need somebody as a hype man. If I'm not in the best time, you got it. You got that's they're gonna be the best sale. You need a distraction, I'm your guy.
Speaker 2: If you see, baseball is probably number one of the sports you don't care about, oh for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's number one.
Speaker 2: Given your top three sports you don't care about.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would definitely say soccer. I say that, and I would probably say, uh, it would be baseball. I would say football is my most I would like to watch. I could get through. I like I watch a Super Bowl every year, of course, But I would say the other one is probably tennis.
Speaker 2: None of tennis guys, JP are not a lot. No, JP loves soccer and tennis.
Speaker 1: Who's who's your tennis guy?
Speaker 2: You're it's Djokovic? Right, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 10: But I like got him in the in the goat race, of course. But as far as guys I like to watch now, I'm partial to my guy Dennis she All. I was Canadian guy killer.
Speaker 2: Overhand nice he did it again? Overhead?
Speaker 6: Might not be the move, dude, He's oh yeah, killerr overhand.
Speaker 1: Versatile right, versatile on the courts though.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I do have a question though, unless.
Speaker 1: God, my dog just stepped on my phone and made it talk. This is a Samonio.
Speaker 10: Spamoni from Hey Arnold, remember him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: You all My dogs named after Italian desserts impasta dishes. So I have eleven dogs and this.
Speaker 2: Is oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: You do have a shipload of animals, all rescues, right.
Speaker 1: All rescue. Yeah, I have a rescue in New York. Ghatto pups and friends. It's also it's a senior dog rescue.
Speaker 2: The hell do you balance twelve animals?
Speaker 1: It's their pack mentality. Man, They're all mostly just old and don't care about I have a couple of big ones, but for the most.
Speaker 2: Part, they were all just like Spamone is the leader.
Speaker 1: Spamoni is not Piscotti.
Speaker 6: Is my Piscotti, Piscotti myfall JP.
Speaker 2: I Oh, no, you're good.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna ask.
Speaker 10: You said you made your dad tests yep, for when he came from work.
Speaker 1: What were the tests? I used to have the New Book of Knowledge Encyclopedias, and I used to just open up the encyclopedias and go by and pick out like random facts and make a test around them. And then and then I had gotten the Snoopy and cycly those are my dogs. Then I had got my Snoopy Encyclopedias. They used to sell them at Pathmark, which is just like the you know, the key food or the supermarket by me. And they came out with a twelve book series that I was on the hunt for in vintage stores to find for my kids. And they were called the Snoopy Encyclopedias. And I was obsessed with them. So I used to write out these tests for my dad and now my son makes math tests for me.
Speaker 10: And I'm like, sorry, Dad, I so mad coming home from work and heyd take this.
Speaker 1: I was like, get me a scotch.
Speaker 2: He's just laughing at you while you're getting allers wrong. Yeah, yeah, that is funny, man, Dude, Joe, thank you for coming on.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: This has been awesome. This has been awesome. It's so good to see you again, to see amazing, amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was telling me and I was like, oh fuck, did he did we actually see him? He was getting I guess I truly don't even know. I truly don't even know either one.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not forgettable.
Speaker 2: I guess this pod.
Speaker 6: This pod was awesome. We had a great time this man. I hope you enjoy and remember embracest spook. If nothing else, it's time to embraces a Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get a pumping spice slot there right now.
Speaker 2: I gotta do it. Thank you, bro, Yes, sir, appreciate you brother.
Speaker 1: Good girl.
Speaker 2: Also, by the way, subscribery five stars. Thank you.