Speaker 1: Scrubbing in with bec Tilly and Tanya Rat, an iHeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: That was the old intro.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry this mark.
Speaker 1: Here we are scrubbing in with Becailly and Tanya Rat and iHeartRadio and two times People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 4: Hey everyone, we're bored of it.
Speaker 2: We're bored of this so.
Speaker 1: Well you can't have it either which way?
Speaker 5: Yes, scrub dub dub.
Speaker 2: No, we're just doing scrub and dub scrub a dub dumb.
Speaker 4: Everyone everyone.
Speaker 2: It's like or.
Speaker 1: Although even so this has made me sad, this whole jingle dispute, I have been happy because I have a new.
Speaker 4: Goal for the podcast.
Speaker 2: Ooh what is it?
Speaker 1: You know what it is because I've been texting you about it, but you seem less enthused than I.
Speaker 2: The Golden Globe. Yes, Tanya goes, sends me the link or the article about how they've added podcasts to the Golden Globe nominees, and I go, uh, can the scrubbers over this? Since she goes, unfortunately no, And then I kind of lost interest because the scrubb like.
Speaker 4: It's just the foreign press.
Speaker 6: We could have some scrubbers in there.
Speaker 4: Certainly some scrubbers in the Hollywood foreign press.
Speaker 2: Do you think we're on their radar?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And if we start rubbing elbows and chumming it up over.
Speaker 2: There, who where do we find those people?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but we got to start some.
Speaker 2: It was more of a compliment what I was saying. It was more of a compliment to our scrubbers, because they are the reason why we want our People's Choice awards, because they voted like their lives depended on it. And I don't know about the Golden Globe voters, but sure like why not?
Speaker 4: Yes exactly? If not us who?
Speaker 2: If not?
Speaker 4: Now not here?
Speaker 2: Never nowhere? No, just whear where one day we'll get that.
Speaker 4: But you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, should we hit some hard hitting journalism you think to get Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I feel like we do need to make it onto.
Speaker 1: The page, like that front page of like the podcast, and like the podcast.
Speaker 4: Charts, Yes, the charts. I think we have to make charts.
Speaker 2: I think charting would definitely give us some attention.
Speaker 4: Some attention.
Speaker 7: Yes, so yeah, you should start doing that.
Speaker 2: We need to get someone who's on a uh there, No, we need to get someone who's on their what's it called when you're doing your publicity for like a show or something. But we need to press. We need to get someone on a junket, but we need to get them first as opposed to last, so that we break any interesting news.
Speaker 3: Well that help us.
Speaker 1: What I think we need is to think outside the box. We don't need someone on their press junket doing all the podcasts da DA. We need someone who hasn't spoken, doesn't speak, and then speaks here.
Speaker 7: In a big way, like, doesn't speak at all?
Speaker 1: No, I just like somebody like that doesn't speak like that's not on a press tour talk going on any every podcast to promote something. Somebody that's just like it's interesting that we are all interested in, but doesn't talk much like, isn't on a press tour.
Speaker 2: Who's more private?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we just have.
Speaker 4: To get to it.
Speaker 1: The Golden Globes are in twenty twenty, so we have a little bit of time. But if not now, when, But.
Speaker 2: Don't we need more than just one person?
Speaker 3: Well, one person would push you on the map.
Speaker 1: Yes, we just need to get on the map. Okay, So who does the Hollywood Foreign press love?
Speaker 7: Let's start there.
Speaker 4: Okay, great idea, Mark, Who else do they love?
Speaker 1: Okay, who's won a ton of Golden globes? Like, who's like a golden Globe Darling?
Speaker 2: Okay, Feiston is a Golden Globe Darling.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Actually, I think the reasons One of the most Golden globes.
Speaker 2: Was getting Merrill.
Speaker 7: Yes, MARYL.
Speaker 4: Streep talking to no one.
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't need to writing one thing about her. She doesn't need to talk to anything.
Speaker 4: Okay, but Mark, I like where this is going.
Speaker 3: Okay, barisand also has a lot.
Speaker 4: Who else?
Speaker 7: Yes, let's get who else?
Speaker 3: Nicole kid kidman?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I was thinking about the other day?
Speaker 3: Is u Kate Winslet?
Speaker 2: Oh my, she might be my that might be one of my dream guests.
Speaker 3: I love her.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 4: We just need to find a name.
Speaker 1: We need Mark to roll across a name that we have some sort of in with, and so far we have none.
Speaker 3: So keep it going.
Speaker 2: Okay, who in your mind do we have an in with?
Speaker 1: There's got to be someone eventually that Mark goes by that we have some sort of six degree connection.
Speaker 8: Two.
Speaker 3: I mean, these are the people that have won multiple awards that are still living.
Speaker 4: Yes, great, we need to live.
Speaker 2: I mean what about you literally know Gwen Stefani.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she's won so many Golden Globes.
Speaker 3: Here's one and we do have a connection to them. Steven Spielberg, Oh, yes, we have multiple connections.
Speaker 2: Actually, do you feel like call it what it is? Might have a better chance of getting to do Maybe she's sot sacrifice.
Speaker 3: Tanya sat next to his sister on his flight.
Speaker 2: We might have to go through Nancy instead of Jessica.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I have not spoken to Nancy, and.
Speaker 2: This might be the time.
Speaker 4: Okay, keep going, pick up the wedding.
Speaker 1: Come on, Mark, There's got to be more people who were Golden Globe darlings.
Speaker 3: Clint Eastwood, Milosh Foreman, Oliver Stone, Francis Ford Coppola. I think we're kind of tapped out.
Speaker 2: Here, Tony. We haven't geared our podcast towards those names, which is fine. That's what we're known for.
Speaker 3: How about Laura Dern? Anyone know Laura Dern lad.
Speaker 4: No ends to Laura Durna though, no ends. We're doing.
Speaker 2: Hayley's movie is going to be coming out eventually, and maybe I will be meeting some directors and actors at these events as her plus one.
Speaker 4: Well when do these start?
Speaker 2: She met Sandra Oh the saw that.
Speaker 4: Did she mention the podcast?
Speaker 2: I don't think because in a different way, in a different way she loves Sandra Oh, because of the Asian represent like she has a different like. She was also nervous to meet her, so I don't think she was thinking about grubbing in when she said he was like, but I asked. I was like with Sandra, like, could you tell that everyone was like there, Sandro and she was like, yeah, you can definitely feel the presence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the power, the power.
Speaker 2: What's so funny is Haley is a little.
Speaker 4: Bit golden globe adjacent, adjacent, like she's been nominated, she's won, hasn't she won?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I'll check, And we don't hear her on podcast. We do not. Maybe that's that's who we shoot for. Yes, feels.
Speaker 1: Semi attainable, feels in the realm, feels moreable than Gray's anatomy.
Speaker 4: Francis Copola, she wond.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so that's we've We've switched gears from Patrick Dempsey to Sandra and and Patrick Dempsey if you're listening, we will have you on.
Speaker 4: He feels like he's won a Golden Globe in his day as well.
Speaker 2: I think Gray's and out of Me did right as a whole.
Speaker 3: The cast Sandra has two golden globes, one for grays anatomy, one for.
Speaker 2: Killing you, Oh my god, Darling, Darling for scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, before we get too far from the open, I do want to say that Paulina had a good idea for the open. She says it currently as it stands Becca has the entire open. Hello everyone, we are scrubbing in. Maybe we split that up.
Speaker 2: Oh so I say hello everyone and we are scrubbing it.
Speaker 3: Vice versa. But that might be a way of doing it. So tiny is not having to come up with some interesting musical interlude every week.
Speaker 2: No, I'm happy to try it.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to try it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can do what every whatever jingle you want.
Speaker 4: Thank you next week or Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, stay tuned. Oh my gosh, speaking of to be continued. So let me just say I had a crazy few weeks because we went to Joshua Tree for Caroline, my sister's thirtieth, and then and then I was home for a few days. I had construction in the house and outside the house, and then left for Louisiana for my brother in law's fortieth birthday. So I got back on Saturday. Sunday, we had Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, I sat on the couch and did nothing.
Speaker 2: Did nothing, love, did nothing in bed. Watch did you have Oh, I don't know, I'll have to look at that. It was not twelve. Maybe I took Phoebe.
Speaker 1: For a little while.
Speaker 4: You maybe a hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, may have gotten to one hundred. But I watched old episodes of Gray's Anatomy, and then I watched all I caught up on all the new episodes of Grey's Anatomy. And in one of the episodes, Joe says, to be continued.
Speaker 4: They're listening. I knew its are listening.
Speaker 2: Someone is I don't know if it's called what it is, but maybe someone from a Gray's Anatomy writer, because I was like, that is interesting.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 3: Never But she didn't. She said it in the context of like she was having a discussion with someone and she was saying, like, this conversation is not over, even though they were walking away. To be continued. That's how she used, it.
Speaker 4: Still feels it's growing in adjacent.
Speaker 2: And maybe I'm just more aware of it now. Maybe it's uh, what's that called Murphy's Is that Murphy's law?
Speaker 7: When like that's it's that's whatever can go wrong world?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the thing I'm thinking when like you attract it? Yeah, like when all of a sudden you started noticing things because.
Speaker 4: It Marilyn's Uh Merlin, is it Merlin?
Speaker 2: I think you're trying to say Murphy's but it's not that anyways.
Speaker 7: Her Minehoff phenomena.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was going to say. It was on the tip of my so I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 4: That is interesting.
Speaker 2: Mark and I were going back and forth last night talking about Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was kind of fun because she was like giving her me a running commentary while she was watching it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was giving it to me as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I sent.
Speaker 2: Heard the val the singing of the vowels.
Speaker 3: That was not their finest moment.
Speaker 2: I needed a trigger warning for that. That is my nightmare.
Speaker 4: Do you know why I think they did that?
Speaker 2: Because he loves the sing Yes. Yeah, I'm sure he pitched it, Yes, which was fun for him. But I also was just like, you know how I feel. I don't. I don't love them together as a couple.
Speaker 3: So it also just weirdly shot, weirdly edited. The whole thing was odd. It just felt weird. Everything about it was weird.
Speaker 2: But you know what I came up with. But something I recognize because I just watched old episodes is that the old episodes are filmed very differently. It's very moody, and the scene feels dark, and so everything feels like heavy and emotional and you feel like you're in Seattle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything does in this like new era.
Speaker 1: It feels like it's like bright, Like it's like through a filter of like bright.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I feel I see that we're filming in La We're not in Seattle.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's an interesting observation that the show is a lot brighter than he used to be. I think that's valid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the cameras are too clear.
Speaker 3: It adds to the soap opera neess of it, which is one of our big complaints about it.
Speaker 2: I think they should go back to filmy grainy darkness, moodiness.
Speaker 3: So you sent me the stuff you were not happy with. What were you happy.
Speaker 2: With not much, not much.
Speaker 3: You said you enjoyed these last ones more than you have did, Like.
Speaker 2: I didn't find them to be as like like my body wasn't like cringing the whole time. I loved this story. I'm loving the storyline of Teddy and Owen going through this open marriage thing and then her having to treat the woman that he slept with. It's really interesting.
Speaker 4: He's treating the woman that he's having an affair.
Speaker 2: Teddy is having to treat the woman that she didn't have. They didn't have an affair open right right right, right right right, but she didn't she didn't sleep with Sophia Bush's care.
Speaker 4: But does Teddy know that this is the girl he's sleeping with?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh, And she's like, don't like I everything they went on, had a two week vacation. She's like, ever, I feel very connected. We're good. I don't feel any feelings about treating her. I'm going to treat her like any other patient. And then the end was she sees him like sitting in bed holding her. She's dying, Yeah, she's dying, and she was just like, can you just sit with me for a little bit? And he instead of just sitting in a chair next to the bed being with her. He gets in the bed with her, holds her. Owen is my art nemesis.
Speaker 3: See again, you compared me to Owen last week.
Speaker 2: I was watching the old episodes and I was like, I was like thoroughly enjoying Owen and Christina.
Speaker 4: I never liked Owen for the record.
Speaker 2: I feel like you switch up every other week.
Speaker 3: The record a little hazy.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, never liked Owen Hunt. Since he has been on the podcast.
Speaker 4: That changed.
Speaker 2: That's controversial to me.
Speaker 3: I would like to be I've changed my mind because an Instagram person suggested this, and I think they are right.
Speaker 4: First of all, who is this Instagram person?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Somebody said this on Instagram. This is when we last week we were naming which Greg and I even characters were most like. You said don't Hunt for me, which I didn't take great. You said, you said Bailey, Miranda Bailey for me. Somebody on Instagram said I'm Ben Warren. I'm like, you know what, that's pretty good. That is pretty good.
Speaker 4: He's not main character enough.
Speaker 3: Well that's nice, but I feel like he's very loyal and he's very.
Speaker 2: Furassic for himself. He's not main character.
Speaker 4: I know, I thought that was a horrible answer.
Speaker 6: Mark is a very main character, which is why I said, Meredith, great, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think Ben Warren's a great option. He's very much main character you.
Speaker 1: Have, not like Miranda Bailey, not like Miranda Bailey. Miranda Bailey is like, you don't get more than.
Speaker 2: That, Jee Chief and Miranda and Meredith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Meghan is her name or Megan. Perhaps she said that for me, and I think she's right.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I'm I'm I think that that's our best that's the best suggestion thrown out in my opinion. That's my opinion.
Speaker 4: I stand by mine.
Speaker 2: Miranda Bayley, yes, all right, And you know what, well, I.
Speaker 1: Can't talk about this because I'm gonna be talking to myself. But there's a Miranda Bailey adjacent in the Pulse, and I'm like, I see what you're trying to do here with this character. She's not giving Miranda Bailey like Miranda Bailey gives Miranda Bailey.
Speaker 4: You know, So is the.
Speaker 2: Pulse comparable to great like Old Grace or New Grace? Yes, Old Grace.
Speaker 1: There's something about it that's making me want to continue to watch, you know what I mean, Like I Robbie's like I could not watch it forever and be fine, whereas I want to finish and see where this season ends. So there's like a through line. It's a very interesting plot because it's a it's a sexual harassment case situation between kind of they're like Meredith and Derek, and so it's this thing because it's that's the through line, that's like the main thing, and then there's all this other stuff going on in the hospital that you you know in the meantime, but that's like the through line of like did he abuse his power?
Speaker 4: Is he a good guy?
Speaker 1: Like he's claiming he did, and like so then you're like hearing little bits of this story throughout. So like to me, it's very interesting to see the different perspectives and like that. But there is a layer of like cheesiness to it that I don't mind. I gave it a six point five, and I wish I gave it a little bit higher because I, oh, yeah, so I'd say, like I.
Speaker 3: Love that that's locked in now because you said that to your husband.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, no change, Yeah, he gave it a four.
Speaker 1: I gave it a six point five, and I wish I would have given it a strong Did you.
Speaker 3: Rate all the shows you watched together?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: This one I felt compelled to because people were asking me if I've been watching.
Speaker 3: Might be cute if you rated everything and kept a little log of all your shows and all your rating.
Speaker 4: But I just have one episode left, so I'm almost done.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe i'll maybe I'll tune in.
Speaker 4: I think you might like it.
Speaker 5: I think you might like it.
Speaker 3: I think the higher pitch almost inaudible.
Speaker 1: Everybody's messaging me saying the Pit is much better that I've watched both.
Speaker 2: See, that's where I made a problem. I think I made things hard for myself because I watched the Pit, which was very just raw and real, and I have a feeling I'm going to watch the Pulse and be like, this.
Speaker 4: Is not it, but a little it.
Speaker 9: It is a little it.
Speaker 4: It is, it's a little it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd say it's like not Gray's seasons once through five, and maybe like Gray's seasons like five through nine Grays.
Speaker 2: I think Gray's started going down when Christina Yang left, Yes, and it really really went down after Derek left died.
Speaker 3: Spoiler alert thank you.
Speaker 2: And I think that they had a real some really bad seasons and I think right now it's like a I would say it's like a five. Right now, I would say like their peak was a ten. Well yeah, but I think I think right, and then I think they went down to like two and three, and now I feel like they're at like a five.
Speaker 3: We're back up to a five. I think, so okay, good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm interested enough. Indugu and Millen Adelaide character, Adelaide's character, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean they're kind of keeping their differance from each other now, which is probably for the best.
Speaker 2: He's into her.
Speaker 3: He does definitely seem to be into her, and vice versa.
Speaker 2: She's kind of clueless though. I think she doesn't even know like that he's into her.
Speaker 3: Tough, tough to be an intern. Yeah, I was so happy when Adams didn't have to repeat his first year. Why do I get invested?
Speaker 2: Why do you care about that?
Speaker 3: Sit there and watch the show and joke about how cheesy it is out loud to no one. But then when he gets to repeat, I'm like, oh, yeah, he gets did not repeat his first year? Or the little baby or baby kid, the kid that can't blink right now. I'm very invested in that storyline.
Speaker 2: I'm invested in that I when Amelia is there, I'm pretty invested because there's always a serious storyline.
Speaker 3: By the way, J N D A B C D. This person on Instagram says you are Amelia, which I thought was interesting.
Speaker 4: Interesting, You're so not Amelia.
Speaker 2: I'm an Amelia fan and I also love her in real life.
Speaker 4: I love her in real life.
Speaker 2: Katerina, I've had the pleasure of meeting.
Speaker 3: Her, she said, Tanya, is he Eastern George?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but I sat and talked to her at an Angel City game, like like when Haley Dang.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we had a brief encounter.
Speaker 2: We were like fans that night. Yeah, true fans verse friends.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, you houses fans verse friends.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you after the break. O.
Speaker 2: Wow, that was a tantalizing, tantalizing tease.
Speaker 4: Thank you. So some may say, wow.
Speaker 10: Remember an episode where I kept saying Tanya, because before it was that episode where people I blocked you from my story and I was like, tell me to say on the podcast is like throw off, And I was saying, Tanya.
Speaker 4: That I can just pull off all these pryings.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we'll get to that in a little bit.
Speaker 4: So this weekend. This past weekend was Wango Tango?
Speaker 2: Did your Tango?
Speaker 1: Did you Wango Tango? Which, by the way, the morning of I started my period.
Speaker 2: But you're a modern woman who wore white.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, but like, what's up with my period coming the morning of big events like my wedding. Wango Tango literally came the morning of Wango Tango, and I had a full white outfit for the day. You looked gorgeous that photo that you posted with Robbie.
Speaker 2: I was like, it was one of my favorite photos of y'all. I just thought, y'all both looks so glowy and happy and cute.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: The glowiness was coming from my period, yeah I was. I wasn't feeling my best, but it was fine. So anyways, I threw on my all white and I said, you know what, I have my period. My period doesn't have me mm kept my outfit the way, yes, thank you, kept my wide outfit fully. And I'm there and I see my girl, Megan Trainer and she's like so cute.
Speaker 4: And I met.
Speaker 1: With our two scrubbers that won their way into the kit who were could not have been cuter, like literally could not have been cuter. And we'd met them before, so they're like og og scrubbers.
Speaker 2: Oh we've met them before. Yeah. Fun.
Speaker 1: And so she gave me a shout out, Meghan Trainer and during her set because she saw me like going crazy, she said like, I see you.
Speaker 2: Te here off.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, so Megan goes on, She's amazing, she does her thing.
Speaker 4: Gwen Stefani goes on amazing.
Speaker 1: Like iconic, and I swear she saw me like she was making like a lot of eyes at me.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm sure she did your hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she's like making eyes with me and I'm like losing my mind. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: So then she.
Speaker 1: I had a stage intro right after Gwen Stefani's performance. So I walk on the stage and I'm standing like by the stairs and she finishes her set and she's like walking off the stage to go down the stairs and she sees me and she goes.
Speaker 4: Oh, my gosh, I want to give you a hug, but.
Speaker 1: I'm so so I'm like, oh no, no, it's totally fun, Like obviously I don't want to hug me, she's like dripping sweat her performance, and like I know that feeling of like I don't want to touch anybody, but I don't want to be rude.
Speaker 4: I want to hug you and say hi.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was like, she was like, you looked so beautiful at your wedding congratulation wow, hi yeah. But I thought she was like one of those celebrities that just like follows people and doesn't really scroll much.
Speaker 4: But let this be known, Gwen Stefani is just like us. Will she be scrolling?
Speaker 1: She'd be scrolling And my mouth was literally on the floor, Like I was like, Gwen Stefani just told me that I looked beautiful at my wedding in my wedding dress, and she congratulated me on my wedding like she knows who I am. Not only does she know who I am, she knows that I just got married and then I looked beautiful.
Speaker 3: Tell that to young Tanya high school Tanya.
Speaker 4: I literally was like.
Speaker 1: Where why is my videotape not filled? It was like I had a videotape in my head, like a mental videotape, and I was like, I gotta have somebody following me at all times to get this on video, because I would watch that over and over and over and over again. That was like peak of my life.
Speaker 2: I said that. I told Haley after you texted me that, and she was dying, like she was like dying for you because she's her like one of her top of all time. She would have died.
Speaker 1: I literally like you should have seen the two guys next to me. I was like, because she says it.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, thank you so much, Oh my god, You're amazing.
Speaker 1: And I started blurting off how amazing her set was, you know, and then of course she like wants to go, Like right, she goes.
Speaker 4: And I turned to the guys next to me on stage, I'm like.
Speaker 9: She said, I woked beautiful, my weddy.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that? Did you hear that?
Speaker 1: And they were like yeah, I was freaking out for Saul like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: It's pretty iconic.
Speaker 4: It's iconic, yeah, I mean her set list was so the.
Speaker 1: Thing is what I so years ago, this was maybe like twenty eighteen. This was when I was dating doctor screen Time I think that's what his name was.
Speaker 4: Chicago Guy. I went flew out to New York in Las Vegas because she invited us to her show.
Speaker 1: She had a Vegas residency, and when these people have this Vegas residency, there's like this little room in the back where they have like their after party.
Speaker 4: And I went for j Loo once and it was.
Speaker 1: Packed, Like the room is like pack like you, I mean, you see Jlo. But she's not like interacting me playing. Yeah, she's just kind of like, you know, you're all just like there. It's like you're part of the whatever, fifty sixty people.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Gwen Stefani invited us back. It was literally me and Brad who was my plus one Sicany and her plus one, Gwen Stefani and her manager Tina, the six of us.
Speaker 4: Just us in this room. And she didn't just like.
Speaker 1: Show up and say like thanks for coming to the show. We were in there till like one in the morning, like chilling, drinking, hanging out, chitchat. So ever since then, she's been following me on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Wow, but it was seven years.
Speaker 2: Ago, yes, but then at uh people's choice of words, I think twenty nineteen. Yes, we saw her on the carpet and she and they were just chit chatting. Yeah, and I was just standing there like, Tonya's just chit chatting right now. So that was like one of those moments because we always talk about how sometimes it's I'm sure you feel this, like we get jaded about totally the things you get to do are so normalized, but yeah, for anyone else, it's crazy. And that was one of those moments where I go, like, Tonya's just casually chit chatting, like catching up with Gwyn. Yeah, like not like I'm a big fan of yours, but like, how are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how's it going? You've met a guy?
Speaker 1: No way, now she knows that I'm married.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: She is literally what you see is what you get, Like she is so humble, she is so down to earth. She is like a literal icon and she doesn't act like it. Yeah, Like she could be totally egotistical, she could be rude, she could be all those things, and she's like literally the complete opposite.
Speaker 2: I love to hear that.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't have.
Speaker 1: To take a selfie with her, because I knew she was like all sweaty and something inside I was.
Speaker 2: Like, but you have the memory, Yeah I haven't. No selfie needed, no selfie needed. I would have been on our rundown, It says, Tanya, how was Wingo Tango? You caught up with Megan Trainer saw Gwen Sefani more white on your period?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 4: I did you betcha?
Speaker 2: Okay, I had a hot take last night. I shared. I asked like what people's controversial opinion was, and mine was that I don't feel like rom coms have been the same since social media, but I think more so since TikTok, Actually since twenty twenty. I feel like rom coms haven't hit like they used to. And a lot of people were like, what about blah blah blah, Like people kept saying Crazy Rich Asians, which came out in twenty eighteen, and I was like, maybe it was more before TikTok and not so much, but I considered Crazy Rich Asians more of like.
Speaker 4: A what about Anybody About You?
Speaker 2: I didn't love it, but that was the argument people kept saying. They're like, that was the one movie that really felt like an old rom com, but I personally didn't love it.
Speaker 3: Sure, I know, well, I agree though, I think that did feel like a classic.
Speaker 6: It did, but I think they were very actively trying to do that. Yeah, yeah, sure, whereas they were somewhat effortlessly done.
Speaker 7: Yes, a decade ago.
Speaker 2: I think I felt the effort, which I think is why I didn't like it. I was like, I felt like he was trying to be too much like Matthew McConaughey. Yeah, which I think he's so cute, but yeah, and then people are like, what about nobody wants this? And I was like, I think that's why nobody wants this was so successful because it did have that old school feeling, but that was a series, so I was mostly thinking like, how to lose a guy into day as we haven't had one of those movies. Yeah, they just don't hit the same. And then I was like, maybe it's my age because I existed in a time without social media, So maybe people who are younger and have always had social media don't see that see it that way.
Speaker 3: But I also don't think they're making them like they used to. Like, if you search for twenty twenties rom comms, you're not a lot and you get ones that you've never heard of. Yeah, I enjoyed Palm Spring. Did anyone see that one? On? Andy Samberg?
Speaker 7: Time movie?
Speaker 3: Timelet movie? But also a rom com I enjoyed that one. Okay, that comes to mind as a recent rom com I've enjoyed. But I think in general, you're right. I don't think they're making them like they used to or at all.
Speaker 2: I guess, not necessarily enjoy just not like I don't find them to be classic. Yeah, So, like I like The Wedding Planner, like all the j love movies, Like I feel like there's just you can go through and list so many and now I feel like you can maybe better.
Speaker 4: What about the one with them and Hathaway and Nicholas Gallantine one that was really good.
Speaker 7: I'm typing.
Speaker 3: I say the idea if you I did.
Speaker 2: Like, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: There are some that I loved, but like you want, I'm just saying, I don't rave to watch it over and over again, Like I could watch those movies over and over, like well, they're like comfort movies for me.
Speaker 4: I can watch the idea of you over and over again. I think, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, I'll to give it a shot and let you know, yeah, watch it tonight. Are also saying, like with social media, you get so many sneak peaks that by the time you even.
Speaker 4: See the movies has anything to do with it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because people are talking about it and spoiling it, and then, ay, you used to have to wait for a long time. You'd have to go to the theater to see it, and then you'd have to wait for it to come out.
Speaker 1: And be like, I've seen Hellos Guy in ten Days a bazillion times and it's still just as good.
Speaker 2: I know. That's that's my point.
Speaker 3: But aren't rom coms so predictable like by nature, that even if it is spoiled for you on TikTok, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or but but you already feel like you kind of watch the movie because people are talking about specific things that happened.
Speaker 6: Sure, I thought you meant like before social media, like in terms of the story of the movie, like because if you watch a rom com from like the eighties, like you don't have acts, like the characters don't have access.
Speaker 7: To each other at all times like you do now.
Speaker 6: So I didn't know you meant like social media, like as far as like promotion of the movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, kind of meant both because when you see sometimes when I see them interacting on their iPhones on in the movie, I'm like I don't want to see Like it's almost like I'm trying to escape my phone, and like the access to my phone. And when you watch those earlier movies, it's like they had to call from their old cell phone that it was like a brick, or they're on a phone in their office or at home.
Speaker 1: Right, I too, am trying to stay away from my phone. And I never realized how addicted I was until I implemented this new may rule, which is phone down at eight pm.
Speaker 4: It is so hard for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you texted me after eight eight eight.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of text because.
Speaker 2: I sent you the video of Grace is eight thirty. No, it's like nine something.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 2: Actually when you didn't respond, I go, oh, she put her phone down at eight, so she's not going to see this till tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And then you're saying last night, I was on my phone until eight thirty, and Robbie was like, it's eight past eight, yre you on your phone?
Speaker 4: So then I put it down.
Speaker 3: But why don't you schedule it to go and do not disturbing eight o'clock? That's what I do.
Speaker 4: I just can't be that girl. Why I just can't.
Speaker 3: That girl being the girl who sets a goal and sticks to it.
Speaker 4: Now, the girl that is on D and D, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 7: I just can't be she has a problem with D and D. We talked about.
Speaker 3: But also, you don't have to like you can set it so you don't announce to the world that you're on D and D, so no one has to know you're that girl.
Speaker 4: Oh that might be an option.
Speaker 3: So that's the problem you have, is people seeing that time is Yeah, I got rid of that. I got rid of that notification.
Speaker 4: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can do that whenever I try to put my phone down for extent period of time. The thing that I have a problem with this I'm tortured by, Like I can't wait to see how many notifications I have when I'm done with this. I bet I have so many DMS and comments. And I'm like, this is not this is like I'm rotting my brain in a different way. It's just like, can I just exist? It's so sad.
Speaker 1: I got like so mad one day because I was like still working until nine pm. And then I blamed you, Mark because I was like, I'm still working so obviously, like I'm on a screen and like my messages are popping up. So I'm still on my phone till like nine to fifteen one day, and I blamed you.
Speaker 3: Is a laptop worse than a television screen? Isn't it all screens?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, no, okay, so it's not screens. It scrolls.
Speaker 3: You're not scrolling if you're working on your work on your laptop.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 1: However, it was like in tandem the messages were on my phone, so I found myself engaging in text messages.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, the notifications, I understand. It's a problem, yes, with like you know, dopamine and stuff like that, like even seeing the little red number like people, it's.
Speaker 1: Just like I'm just scrolling mindlessly and like I feel like I'm learning so many things and like it's.
Speaker 4: Just too much information in my brain in a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what you should get? They sell these on Amazon. It's a box and you open the door. You do have one of those? How's that going?
Speaker 2: Still?
Speaker 1: You have a phone locker mess I wanted us to all put our phones away, like at certain times in the night, like when we're like, you know, watching TV together or whatever.
Speaker 4: It literally made its way out of the box.
Speaker 1: I left it like on our dining room table, and then miraculously it's like in my office now.
Speaker 2: Just like collecting this correct.
Speaker 7: Dang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I I had a moment because I have been avoiding my phone update for I would say at least a year, because when did they switch the photo album. I literally avoided it because I would try to do stuff on Hailey's phone to get pictures and I'm like, I can't find anything. I'm so stressed, Mecca.
Speaker 1: This has been my biggest thing all my wedding photos. I'd save them from my photographer and I have no idea where they go on my phone. It's so frustrating.
Speaker 2: So I finally my sister was like, did you see on the new update on pictures you can remove items in the background and it's like effortless. You just like color them and they disappear.
Speaker 4: Oh, items in the background on like a picture.
Speaker 2: If you don't want something in the background. And so I was like, oh my gosh, I want that so bad, I'm just going to do the update. I did it. I literally felt like a boomer trying to use technology for the first life, and I found myself getting so angry at like how difficult they made it, but then Haley goes, yeah, I've been trying to I don't know why they did the photos like that. It made it so much more difficult. So I really I'm feeling very sensitive for the elderly having to navigate because I do too, because because we grew up, yeah, like we lived without it, but then at a young age we got the Internet and then we got social media, so we've been able to adapt to it like pretty effortlessly. Don't met yesterday, No, I.
Speaker 4: Do the same thing. I get so upset.
Speaker 1: I get really worked up over these things, and Robbie's like, babe, like you're not my mom, Like you need to like calm down and you need to figure this out.
Speaker 2: Like I know, I did have to like call myself down. Yes, I worked up over certain thing about like even my parents and my grandparents and like them having to like, yeah, just adjust because it's the way of the world. And I got I get like so sad about it. I see videos of people at iPhone I've like Apple stores learning learning about how to use the iPhone, not to sign one of those.
Speaker 1: I will literally download these photos from my wedding album and there's like these recent days albums on the bottom. So I'm like, okay, I'll go to like to the recently saved one and like see, but.
Speaker 4: Then all the ones that I just saved aren't in there.
Speaker 1: So then I'm like, Summer in there, and then Summer in the scroll and I'm just like, I can't. I'm gonna sign it for it.
Speaker 3: That's something I haven't really figured out is when you import a photo, sometimes it goes as new and sometimes it goes at the time the photo was taken. Yeah, and that is confusing, yes.
Speaker 4: And sometimes anything in between. Per me.
Speaker 3: Isn't it supposed to be easier now, Euston, Isn't it supposed to because you can now search very specific things. You can me in a red shirt and it'll bring up every time you've ever wonn a red shirt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what it's supposed to do.
Speaker 2: It doesn't I tried that. I literally tried me in a red shirt yesterday and could not find it. Did not pull that up. So there's a glitch.
Speaker 4: It's tough in these streets.
Speaker 2: Okay. So I wanted to talk about gen z pet names for their significant others and see if anyone uses these. But first we're gonna take a break. All right, we are back. It just I was thinking about how you apparently call Robbie daddy, and I was thinking about the significant other nicknames, and then there are gen Z has a new set of pet names. So I want to see if any of these resonate with you. But I also think I think. I saw Amanda Stanton posted one of those the trend where it's like your name like my I didn't want it was like Rebecca to the government, you know, and she said.
Speaker 4: I'm going to do that soon.
Speaker 2: She said bro or bruh to her daughters, which I thought was so funny.
Speaker 3: That's interesting because it doesn't really they don't really call you bro, they're just it's it's an expression of frustration, like bruh.
Speaker 2: B Yeah I say it too, but not to hate im, like ugh, bro, like the time you say bro and bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not to rob my step kids.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: So you say, I don't know if that's yes cool? Okay, So the top nicknames.
Speaker 1: I saw Amanda Stanton by the way, she was at Window Tango. Yes, I love her, and I felt so awkward because I've never met her kids before.
Speaker 4: But I feel like I know them.
Speaker 2: I was like, they're probably like.
Speaker 4: The heck is this lady?
Speaker 2: So many people do that to them because yeah, because like anyone who watched the show or follows her, they're such a big part of her life. Yeah, I think that's normal. I mean, yeah, no matter the age that's drawing.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the top nicknames. Let me know if anyone uses these in the room. First of all, what do you call what do you call Alison? What's your nickname?
Speaker 6: I call her Alison, and uh I I started like ten years ago, fifteen years ago. I started jokingly calling myself bae to be annoying. I just walked in there and said, I'm bae. That has stuck. So she calls me bae. I call myself baye, so.
Speaker 2: A twist, and then you would just call her I just call her else No babe.
Speaker 7: No sweeting, no bay. I call her simes to call her sweetheart. And she does not like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Like that's like a it's like a hot slow down sweetheart. It's like that kind of thing, okay.
Speaker 2: And she's like no, no, and you're just easterner bay. Yeah, like simple.
Speaker 7: To the point confusion.
Speaker 2: Mark.
Speaker 3: It's pretty simple. In our house. She's AMers okay, and I'm Mark. There is no there are no names unless I'm referred to as dad to the kids. Go get Dad for dinner. Other than that, it's just there. There's not a lot of honey, babe, love sweetie. There's none of that going on. I mean probably yeah, but I'm used to it's been a long time.
Speaker 2: You should suggest some of these, muffin.
Speaker 1: If Robbie ever called me Tanya, I would lose it.
Speaker 4: Tanya. I'd be like, Okay, Robert.
Speaker 3: Rob on his birth certificate. Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, r o b Y. What are your what are your nicknames?
Speaker 4: Babe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, babey.
Speaker 4: You don't say honey, honey, love Angel.
Speaker 1: Angel is a big one him that he calls me angel, Yeah, love bug, sleepy head angel, muffins.
Speaker 2: Very what you call him?
Speaker 4: Babe, babe, loved.
Speaker 9: Bug, Zaddi.
Speaker 1: Rah you name it like that one.
Speaker 2: We say babe and then so years ago she would do you know on trek the donkey when or when he dun no, when he goes don't that'll do dunky.
Speaker 4: Like no, I don't think I've ever seen that'll do dunkin or something.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's why, like that will be pig from babe.
Speaker 2: There's something about.
Speaker 4: I've never heard dunky, don't ca never.
Speaker 2: So somehow that happened, and then I would call her dunky anyway, come from dunk it to donn it and now I'm bonnet. She's done it. That's cute, but now it's shortened to bond and dawn and then babe my girl, one.
Speaker 1: Of those, and I want, well you got time, you had a lot though all.
Speaker 4: Of us are like bona don like, we don't have.
Speaker 2: That, and we say it. I mean, it's it's so out of habit that we say it in front of people and they're like, what do you say? What do you call her? And then I have to go through this whole explanation. That's such a you know, it's like your name. It's like Phoebe's chicken and like response to chicken, right, you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I don't have that with Sonny either, Sonny Bunny.
Speaker 2: If Bunny fell when if not you.
Speaker 4: I gotta we gotta get another nickname. I'm gonna text him right now. We need better nicknames.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, here's a list of some of the top nicknames. So well, this is okay. So some of the top ones are bro.
Speaker 3: This is among gen Z.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is gen Z. But this is interesting to me because these are terms of endearment and I think they're for dating, but they feel like best friends. But these are some of the examples. Bro, bestie, friend, my friend.
Speaker 4: I hate that.
Speaker 2: Bebe Easton's ahead of my behead of the crew. I'm bye day one.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: That's not true. They're not doing that hey day one.
Speaker 4: They are.
Speaker 2: Want you guys. I do not have gen Z people really in my life, so I don't know what they're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah we do.
Speaker 2: What do your girls say?
Speaker 3: Uh, my daughter has a boyfriend. I think it's babe.
Speaker 2: I don't think these are the pet names that gen Z considers outdated. Babe, sugar, hon muffin, Bubba. I think we should agree with gen Darling, angel and love.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 2: But gen Z does enjoy a good nickname, which we have to appreciate about them.
Speaker 6: We work with a lot of a gen Z young women on this team, and I get called King by them a lot.
Speaker 4: Whatever he use king and queen a lot like that.
Speaker 6: It honestly makes me uncomfortable because I know they're just doing Like they'll ask.
Speaker 7: Me to do something and I will do it and they'll say thank.
Speaker 9: You, King, yeah, and I'm like yeah, and.
Speaker 7: I'm like, okay, Well, first of all, that's my job.
Speaker 6: You don't have to call me a king during the bare minimum here. And also, I just it feels, I don't know, I feel weird getting that anyone listening song calling me king.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I I think I like that king.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like powerful. Yeah, I like Queen Queen. I use Queen a lot.
Speaker 8: Who I've literally never queen.
Speaker 3: Let's say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Skanya, I walk in today and we're we barely I barely sat down. There's no discussion happening. And Tanya goes, do you ever just wish you're athletic?
Speaker 4: And that's not what I said.
Speaker 2: What you said?
Speaker 4: I said, Becca, don't you wish you were athletic? Which cause I practiced it for a long time before you got here.
Speaker 2: And it's a trend and I've seen that. I'm chronically online. Unfortunately, you can't out trend the trenderang.
Speaker 3: And that's what you said.
Speaker 2: You said, I said, I've already seen that trend.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know the texting that went on before you got here. Please, Tanya said this to me and Easton and Crystal and Sam.
Speaker 2: Okay, so everybody but you.
Speaker 3: I want to try to pull a prank and before we start the pod, but can you make sure everything's rolling so I can get vity without having to film her myself. I feel like that will give it away. Sam l o l I'm sure we can. Do you want the phones rolling to or zoom, Tanya, I think the phones are gonna throw her off. Sam east It will set up everything and have the zoom rolling. Easton, I'll feed the mics to zoom without becking knowing they're turned on. Crystal Easton, if you have a phone in a tripod in your corner, maybe you can have that recording on them too, so it's not obvious. Easton, Yeah, definitely, Tanya. It could not work, but I'm gonna try.
Speaker 2: That makes me feel sad that so much went into it.
Speaker 7: I hope there was a version that were Tiny's holding her phone going hey.
Speaker 2: I don't I think that might give it away.
Speaker 3: All that preparation for three seconds of attempt.
Speaker 2: My prank's usually like text mark in the middle or Eastern like when you go to the bathroom and I'm like, hey, this is what we're doing.
Speaker 7: When Tanya comes back in the room. We're going to pretend she's a duck.
Speaker 3: Ready, got it?
Speaker 2: But Robbie sent it to you and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he said you should totally.
Speaker 2: Do something tomorrow would have been good. Wish I would have. I would love to know what my response would be to that. Without knowing it was a trend. I'd probably just laugh, I know, like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 7: I think if you hadn't seen the trend, it may have urged her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she would have.
Speaker 7: Maybe, I think it.
Speaker 4: Would have wrapped her a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think I would have just laughed, like I obviously am, Like I know, I'm athletic, So I think I would have just been like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I guess we'll never know that's the truth.
Speaker 2: And on that note, it is time to say goodbye to this podcast, but don't worry, because we'll be back. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's to be continued to.
Speaker 2: Be continued on Thursday with the Dear Bonya and we love you so much.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.