Speaker 1: Hey, ba fam. Please follow us on Apple Podcasts and keep our audience growing. If your iPhone recently upgraded to iOS fourteen point five, head to Apple Podcasts, search for Brown Ambition and click on the plus button in the upper right hand corner. Do that and you'll be following our show. You can also follow us on Spotify, Stitcher, or the Amazon Music app. And Android users, we didn't forget about you. You can find us on Google podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey hey, hey, Bicky, and we're Brown.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Welcome back, Tiffany.
Speaker 2: No, it feels so good to be back. Honestly, I woke up this morning. It was my first day of like, you know, back at work, and I was like, you know, one more day. But then I had my first call with the team, and I was like, I love it here.
Speaker 1: All good. Okay, So you didn't have like the Monday scary or what is it the Sunday scaries coming back?
Speaker 2: No, I was like, you know, yesterday, it was just I'm used to waking up and literally being like I could do whatever I want, and so initially I was like, wait, I have responsibilities. So I wasn't sure how I felt about it, But then talking to the team and they were just so excited and the projects that were working on, and I honestly loved doing the budget Nista, but the time away it was like my chance to reconnect with Tiffany. I had not hung out with her in a long long time, so.
Speaker 3: It's not like, you know, it happened.
Speaker 2: So it was like, Tiffany, it's cute that you do Budgetista, but there's also Tiffany, so don't forget about her.
Speaker 3: So it was just a really great time to reconnect. Six weeks. I took three of the weeks to go on VAK and then three three in a row.
Speaker 2: No like the first week. I needed like a real decompressed. I told my husband, everybody leave me alone. I run to the beach house right next to the border, and I remember many we had, like our long, like delicious talk.
Speaker 3: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: I was like, I probably can't expect a two hours phone calls from every day of her fatus, but it.
Speaker 2: Was great, And honestly, I walked the boardwalk. I went back to being vegan. I got so much exercising. Although I have not lost any weight, my.
Speaker 3: Body is shapely, honey, like I lost inches.
Speaker 2: I just feel really good, and I took two weeks to kind of hang out with my my niece and my nephew. Like my sister was so grateful because like every other day, I was like, I'm coming to pick up the kids. I'm taking them to the zoo, I'm coming to pick up the kids. I'm taking them on a little hike for like four hours. And she was like, is this real life? So that was really a lot of fun. And then I hung out my family a lot and and Superman and Supergirl.
Speaker 3: Then I took a one week vacation to Ashville, North Carolina. About five days.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see the Biltmore because I really love Yeah, I love historic homes. And I was like, you know, I've always too wanted to see like the Blue mountains, you know untains.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're beautiful. The Builtmore is I don't even have the words for it.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was so beautiful. And then the last week we went to Florida Keys and that was, Yes, that was amazing, Like it was that.
Speaker 1: Is not the Jersey Shore, No, it was very much.
Speaker 3: It was it was giving Jamaica without the accents. Okay, So that was with the family. So Biltmore I did by myself.
Speaker 2: The shore I did by myself, but then invited like my sister and the kids for for a night to spend the night. And then uh Florida I did with the you know, my husband and my my bonus baby, my bonus daughter, and so it was exactly you know sometimes you like I was worried that I wasn't you know, I was like, I don't want to just sit home, but I also don't want to give myself task because you know how we are like. And then you know, like first week I was like taking courses. My husband was like, what what are you doing. I was like, oh, I started this trading course. I'm totally gonna learn the trade.
Speaker 1: And that's how you told the day we talked and we were like, I don't learn how to trade.
Speaker 2: And then after three.
Speaker 3: Days and I was like, this is not fun, Tiffany.
Speaker 2: This is supposed to be a break girl. You can learn to trade at on your own time, on a budget, Easter time.
Speaker 3: This is Tiffany time.
Speaker 2: So when I tell you I read at least ten books, Mandy, it's been because.
Speaker 3: I was really like a big reader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like and then I just didn't get a chance to you know, I just never gave Tiffany a chance to be Tiffany. So I stopped reading as much, but I forgot how much I enjoyed reading, and I read some really great books. I found myself reading a lot of amazing kind of memoirs from like dope people and being inspired by their journey and like their journey allowing me to see my journey differently, like oh, you're not crazy, Like how you're feeling is normal. This is I read ebon Orgi's what is it called Bamboozo My d Jesus.
Speaker 3: That was really good. I was like, look like I was like not.
Speaker 2: To say, I'm surprised it was good, but especially once you got into the meat and potatoes, it was really good about reconnecting me back to spirit and like how it could she really make sure that God plays like a role in her everyday life.
Speaker 3: It's not just like this like oh, off to the side.
Speaker 2: And it was a reminder that like, oh, you know, I haven't been connected to a higher source. And then I listened to Elaine welter Off More Than Enough. That's such a great book about her story and how she became his teen Vogue editor in chief and all that happened and how she got there.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 2: Then randomly I listened to Magnolia, you know, Magnolia Story Chip and Joanna.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, that was good. I was like, wow, they have a memoir.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was really good about it.
Speaker 2: It's actually less I thought it was gonna be about how do they become you know, Chip and Joanna Gains of HGTV. No. What I didn't realize is like they had already done ninety percent of the work by the time the show came along.
Speaker 3: So it was kind of like, oh, wow, the show.
Speaker 2: Didn't actually make them. The show would put a spotlight on what they made. And I was like, oh, and I had to like mentally apologize to Chip because I'm not gonna lie he was an idiot and.
Speaker 1: Make him look so like the dumb jock. But you know TV will do that.
Speaker 2: No, Mandy, when I tell you he's the business like genius behind it all, I was like, wait, what.
Speaker 3: I was not to say? Joanna obviously is smart, but like she is the creative one.
Speaker 2: Joanna says, hmm, I think that we should you know, like bread crocodiles, and Chip figures it out and finances it and figures, you know what I mean. So she has like the idea and sometimes and many times the idea comes from him.
Speaker 3: But it actually hit his part because it was, you know, they both read the book.
Speaker 2: His part made me want to go and read his book, and I did. I think it's called Capital Gains, and I was even more impressed. He's got an amazing business mind and how he thinks about growth.
Speaker 3: And I was like, so sorry, you're not a dummy.
Speaker 2: And now I'm listening to Shoe Dog, Phil Knight's book about Nike. He's the co founder of Nike. Honestly, if you you are a business owner, I implore you to read or listen to Shoe Dog because it is the realest, like I guess, memoir or story about a business. Literally he failed for like fifteen year street and so you know all these illusions that you see on social media of like I make my money and I only worked too. I was a year Like you listened to Shoe Dog and you're like, oh my god, how did he keep going?
Speaker 3: It's such a really good like book.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I read, like I said, a ton of books and they really helped to reset how I thought about how I thought about my journey and my life, and they were just really interesting and so like I just I'm just full of so many like lessons and bursting with like I don't know, I'm just rejuvenated and my comf is refilled.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that I only had a Well, we missed you so much, but we had a wonderful opportunity to get some guests on the show. But we're so excited to have you. I'm saying we I'm so excited, and I imagine all the listeners are so excited. I mean, I want to talk about taking time off and rejuvenating because that's something. I mean, you missed a lot while you were gone, but nothing groundbreaking. I mean I kind of started my own business and got a tesla, and I didn't I probably gained inches, I didn't lose any inches. Yeah, a lot has gone down. But I just took a mini little rejuice. I didn't take a six week hiatis, but I took a weekend hiatus. We went to this farm in the Catskills, and I don't know. All I can say is I drank a bottle of wine last week in Tiffany, and I was on the internet and I cannot even tell you what search query I typed into the Google gods, but I found this farm that is like the perfect the perfect getaway for a family who wants to be outdoorsy but doesn't want to do the work to be outdoorsy. So it was like semi glamping, but you get a big private tent with beds and a toilet and a sink, but you're in the woods. Then you get to cook on a stove, but like they provide it for you. And yes, you can have a wood burning oven in in your tent, but they give you the wood and they chop it for you. And then sure they do you know, pizza night on Saturday, and they do wood fire pizzas and they have all the animals and oh my god, it was so it was so fun. And I mean I slept twelve hours. I went to bed at eight pm last night, and I woke up at eight am this morning because I was just so dog tired chasing my child around the farm for three days. But I'm with you about like no social media and taking a little hiatus because it was off the grid, off the grid, there was no Wi Fi, no electricity other than the lanterns they would give you, you know, to see in the dark at at your cabin, but it was in the fresh air. When I tell you seeing my son like Rio, and you missed this too. So Rio. Actually we've been talking to we've been learning more about his speech. He hasn't really been talking as much. He's nineteen months now and he's in your preschool teachers, he might know a little bit about this, but or you were. Anyway, he's you know, he's got some kind of a speech delay, but he loves to communicate. And just seeing him out there, I mean, he literally squealed when we when we got when we got dropped off at the farm on Friday night, he squealed when he saw the chickens. It's all the cows. It was wonderful And it was just a weekend. And don't tell a husbe, but I already booked another weekend at the same farm. Yeah, for October.
Speaker 2: No, it sounds awesome now. Question because another a friend of mine, her daughter is two, and she was concerning not that she doesn't say anything, but not sentences. It's like a word here, word there, And she was like, oh, you know, I was like, well, one she's two, so you know, like that's a when kids are really I had a cousin who had speech delay until he was five, and now he's like a neuroscientist, so let's not you know.
Speaker 3: I was like, don't look at your house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like sometimes people like literally Now, one of the things that I suggested and question, does Enrique do you speak to Rio in Spanish?
Speaker 3: And does Rique speak to Rio in Spanish?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: Really? No, I know that was something that crossed our mind.
Speaker 2: We can't.
Speaker 1: I can't even pretend like he's raised completely bilingual, except he does see his grandparents fairly regularly, and they of course speak to him in Spanish. They don't speak English. But I will say, you know, for anyone who's listening and they have a young like a toddler, who's maybe not if you're just concerned, you know, I don't have any kid to compare him to, especially not during quarantine when he hasn't been around any other kids. So basically I told myself I'd wait till eighteen months and then I'd ask a pediatrician. And she never really seems to care that much about any of my concerns. She's always like, yeah, it's normal, it's which is which is great most of the time. But when it came to the eighteen month checkup and she said, you know it's it's probably fine, just wait and see something told me like, I just want to I want to advocate for him. I want to take him to a specialist. What I found out though, and maybe other places have this too, but in our county, in Westchester County and New York, they actually offer a free, taxpayer funded early intervention program and you get access to speech therapists, like ongoing therapy, evaluations, all that kind of stuff, with excellent, you know resources right here in our county that are completely free. So I did drop a couple hundred bucks for a private session with a specialist just to get a you know, just to get a second opinion because the county program. It took a little bit for them to get back to me. But we're, I mean, we're at the very beginning. They all agree that he's not speaking as they would expect for his age. He doesn't have very many words at all. But part of you know, what was like hard about reaching out for help in that case. And this is maybe just sounds dumb, but part of me like didn't want him to think I doubted him, So that makes sense, like, yeah, I didn't want him to think, oh mommy, not that he would even he doesn't even know what's going on, but I don't know. Part of me just felt like reaching out for help and getting him like tutoring or speech therapy was like me doubting his own because I get it. And what's helped me so much with my journey through postpartum anxiety and depression has been really just giving in to him and giving into his own schedule, his own way of doing things, his own way of and it's just worked so beautifully. But I quickly have I not quickly, but I've gotten over that. I'm like, it can't hurt to get him into some kind of therapy. I just can't wait to talk to him.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I've seen literally hundreds and hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands, of kids come through, and we've had kids. I've seen two year old girls and boys who are just like Lisa. For example, my baby sister, she was so verbal. The doctor was like wait what, but remember she had four older chatty sisters who were like, what's the baby talk? Because I was ten, and I'm like, girl, first of all, what did I say?
Speaker 3: So Lisa she got basically and says some people are raised up. She was dragged up.
Speaker 2: And so that played a huge role in her ability to quickly get with the program because my mom, I always said, like we raised Lisa.
Speaker 3: She's like, I'm tired. This is number five. She belongs to you.
Speaker 2: Sure make sure she doesn't, you know, put her finger in the socket or like you know, eat, you know, eat dirt.
Speaker 3: That's those are those those are your parameters.
Speaker 2: So but then you have, like I said, my cousin, you know, he they were really worried because he was like five, and they were like, oh, okay, he doesn't he doesn't only say many words, and the words he's saying, he's having a hard time.
Speaker 3: And now literally I think he has two master's degrees.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I need to tell these stories. Y'all send us dms on Instagram, Prime Invention Podcast. I love, send me all your stories because I cannot hear enough of them. Yeah, can't hear enough.
Speaker 3: So it's just like, you know, and so I guess some people literally there's just delay for whatever reason. It's almost like have you ever seen kids who are really short.
Speaker 2: Even through high school, you kind of figure, well, you kind of this is your height, and then all of a sudden they actually grow the inches in college because some people have like a growth delay, especially boys, and then their height doesn't come in until after eighteen, which is not unheard of, but it seems so weird because you're like, oh, people really developed, you know, at their own pace.
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean that you don't keep an eye.
Speaker 1: On it, like you.
Speaker 2: I mean you've met Roman, you see, like he's like the freaking boy genius. Carol was telling me she was like girl at school, they were like, does Roman speak? And she's like, I wouldn't know because he doesn't talk to me. I mean I was like really, She's like yeah, girl, She's like I was like wait, cause she's like he was my first so I didn't know when he was supposed to start talking. She just thought I was normal that he's like too and saying nothing. And it wasn't until Amelia came his sister. Then all of a sudden he had a lot to say because he was telling her where to go, what not to do.
Speaker 3: Yes, she was.
Speaker 2: She was really shocked, like wow, because you would think like, oh, well, he's going to talk to mommy at home, and she said literally like Roman said nothing. They were worried about him, they wanted to get him evaluated, and he just was mute with them. And she's like, he barely said anything at home. And then Amelia came and all of a sudden, it was like stop, baby.
Speaker 1: Amelia, come here.
Speaker 2: She's like why you are exactly like wait, and so I just all got to say that, like there are so many reasons it could be and and it almost always fine.
Speaker 1: I know it'll end up fine. He's just so damn smart and so observant like this this child. He was begging to get for me to pick him up while I was making dinner the other day and I gave him. I dragged his little stool around and I was like, here, watch mama make this squacamole.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: He took. I was like, can you shake? Shake the salt shaker over the over the bowl. He reached for a lemon witch and said, Mama, we need a little acidity. And he squeezed that lemon like he's been watching Ina Garten on his tablet and not Pepa the pig, Like he just he's so smart and observant. And oh the other big thing is that he started daycare. Okay, it's been a week of daycare, so I'm really hopeful that between daycare being around other kids, and then it's free. I mean it's a free early intervention program, so I think it's a wonderful resource. I pay taxes, let me get some of this, you know, stuff that we pay for. So that's that's where I'm at. Anyway, you're back, what else has been going on? I'm a I'm a business owner.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, so, how does that be?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I know we had our our you know, our our daytime two hour chat, and I was so excited for you. And I told you and anybody who's a business owner or thinking about being one, but if you've been in the game for at least two plus years or so, they everyone will all agree. Nothing grows you up, Manny, I'm telling you will be a brand new woman. I'm not even I'm like the timpany from ten years ago.
Speaker 3: I'm like, who is she? She's like my daughter?
Speaker 2: Like, nothing grows you up? I think like motherhood, I'm assuming and starting a business. It's what it pulls out of you. There's this uh what is his name is?
Speaker 3: Jim Ron? Remember I was telling me about Jim Roon.
Speaker 2: He's a he's passed away, but he was like a really famous, like motivational speaker.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yes.
Speaker 3: One of the things he said to one of his.
Speaker 2: Mentees is he said, I think you ought to, you know, start a business and become a millionaire.
Speaker 3: And he was like why. He said, not for the money, but for what it will make of you. And that's exactly what it is for entrepreneurship. What it will make of you.
Speaker 2: You is just going to pull out the very best of you. It's going to challenge you in ways you didn't even think it possible. You're going to become like you're gotta feel like superwoman, Like how did I do this? So I'm excited for your journey. How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 1: You know when you were talking about Chip and Joanna doing ninety percent of the work and then they got the TV show. I think the past six weeks or how long has it been, like a little over a month that I have been Mandy Money Media LLC. Since I launched my business, it has been the most exciting, Like I don't know, the most exciting, invigorating, affirming experience that I've ever had. I mean it, just the work has been flooding Tiffany, like I am busy, like people want to work with me, and I've realized that it's not like when I start I started a business that I was starting from scratch. I have a decade long career in media and in reporting and in content, and I've been an entrepreneur where we launched Brown Ambition.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was a nine to five entrepreneur when we launched Brown Ambition. And for me, it's just been I feel I feel excited. I feel kind of like, man, I really I can't wait to see what happens to her as in me, like I can't wait to see where she goes. I feel this, I feel this new sense of drive and purpose and this and it just feels so it feels so right. It's just like I'm exactly where I need to be. I'm so proud of the work that I've done so far for other companies and for all the amazing people that I've worked with. I'm so grateful for those opportunities, some of them I'm still working with now. You know, either as a consultant or as a freelancer, and that's also wonderful, and I just I'm so grateful for all that experience and I am beyond ready for this new chapter. So y'all can find me on TikTok. Yes, I have been leaning into TikTok. I'm figuring it out, like you can find me at Mandy Money on TikTok and and everywhere else. And you know my real focus. And and look, Tiffany, if you had listened to the show months ago, you might have heard a very different tune from me talking about where I was at in my career at that time. And I have been getting messages from some listeners wanting to know, you know, what happened. This is a big change. I just want to let you guys know that I've really had this moment of aha when it came to what I wanted to do and what I wanted to contribute to the world, and I really realized that what I want to contribute it can't be contained working for any one place. That was the right decision for me, and so I started my own business just to really be a complete control of what work I'm doing and what you know, what I'm saying my own voice, and that has been such a positive impact on me. On top of that, have you guys heard of Brown Ambition, Like I plan, I really do plan to take the other you know, fifty percent of my time or more and really focus on continuing to build and grow our Brown Ambition audience. So you guys will be seeing a newsletter from us, you may be seeing some live events from us in the future. I'm going to have so much more bandwidth and I never could, you know, give to Brown Ambition now that I'm on my own and in complete control of my schedule and I'm not trying to like flex here. What I'm trying to do is just explain to people what can happen when you I don't know if you had this experience too, but when you go, when you go solo, you the the possibility like there is no limit to your earning.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm a girl, I'm I'm I'm not moving over the chair, like, come six to me. I don't told you girl, it's good open. Well, it's hard, it's hard, very wrong. But I took my six week break so I didn't die.
Speaker 1: But right that's where I want to be careful because I am all about like solopreneurship and doing my own thing now. But I had an amazing career and and this is the story that I'm trying to tell right now, is right when I started to launch my business, who did I call first, Helen? My financial planner? You know Helen? You guys have known prapped on the film with her, and I said, Helen, and my husband too. I was like, you know, I kind of want to go independent. What do you think? And she said, Mandy, let me show you something. And she pulled up a spreadsheet with our finances up on the screen. Over the past five years that she and I have been working together, I have ten exed my net worth from seventy K to seven hundred K in less than five years. She said, Mandy, you're gonna be fine. You're gonna be fine, And that was really, you know, And I did that because I worked, and I had a career, and I had, you know, standard nine to five jobs, and for a bunch of other reasons that you know. I'm working on telling those stories. But I say all that to tell people that there is no one right path. It's not like entrepreneurship is some key to unlocking you know, millions and millions of dollars. But it is the chapter that I'm starting right now. You know, ten years working for amazing companies did not do me wrong. I have built an incredible life and I've learned so so much. But yeah, I'm I'm, I'm really freaking excited for the next chapter.
Speaker 3: And oh, I can't wait to talk more business with you.
Speaker 2: One of the things I wreck I realized, like on my time away, of how much I actually enjoy like mentoring and talking to people about business because I used to be like, well, I'm not an expert, and I'm not, but I'm someone who is doing it, who has seen so many ups and downs. It's like year I mean, I started the business, started taking it seriously twenty ten, so it's been eleven years.
Speaker 3: But technically, really it's been thirteen.
Speaker 2: You know, the first two years I was still teaching preschool, so I really wasn't doing a bunch ofista.
Speaker 3: So really like eleven like real years, and you know, y'all.
Speaker 2: Know that last year we hit the our first eight eight figure year of just over ten million dollars in business. And so I've seen so many things and I'll say this was what I wish I would have known. And this is for anyone listening. What I have found is that when you're on the right path, and you're you know, you're trying something new, but it's the path you're supposed to be on the beginning, you get a I don't want to say, like a lucky strike. You get a lot of grace is given to you in the beginning because it's meant to say, you're on the right path, don't give up right here, right here. But and I, and like so many of us, make the mistake of thinking this is how it be.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: But so meaning, are you about to burst my honeymoon period?
Speaker 3: No, but look for this honeymoon period.
Speaker 2: I want you to lean in and get as much as basically, like you know, you've gotten what are those things called when they let you go first, like a like a like a golf or whatever they give you, like a what does that thing call on golf when they give it me, or like extra points or like you know, you get to you get to if you're a squirrel, they let you into the park first before anybody else, you know, and then you know, so basically this is a really great time because it's one, this is a it's a clear indication that you're on the right path because of how things have been flowing. And two it means that lean in really hard, gain as much as you can now because the challenges will come, but they'll come because you've gotten good. Like I was talking to Tracy and my sister, you know, she's my publicist, and she's amazing, okay, but she just her business leelling what she's notty six figures her first year and she was telling me how like, you know, because now she's having her because she had her you know, her initial boost where it was okay, flowing. Now there's challenges And she said, what am I doing wrong? I'm like, girl, it's called business. And I said, she said, doesn't get easier. I said, no, it actually gets harder, but you get better. And so that's what will happen, is that you know, initially you'll have this honeymoon phase and period. It might last six months of that last year might last longer, and then you will meet with challenges because you're growing and it's just growing pains. And one of the one of the huge takeaways that I got from reading Joanna said something specific that she learned from Chip, But it was read all the success stories I was reading in these biographies or memoirs. It was repeated over and over, just with different legers. But I felt like she said it best when she first met Chip. I mean, I don't I think you could tell if you guys watch Fix Her Upper reruns or whatever you watched it before, you could tell that Joe, it's kind of like the safety girl, you know, Like, I don't think that's such a good idea. She's the She's the Chucky to Chips Tommy, if you will, if you watch rug Grats, like, she's the little like I air on the cautious side, which is my nature and the nature of many women. And what she found that that Chip was the opposite. Chip was like, let's jump out the window and hope our parachute opens up. And he would make decisions that would put them in like financial peril every it seemed like every few months. And she said in the beginning, just when she said they felt she felt they got their footing whatever new project that he had come up with, because.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't tell her, he'd be like surprised, I'm on a houseboat. We're in def for three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: What's you think?
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 2: Every few months she would find herself bawling and be like Chip, why, and she was like, you know, but then they would figure it out, and they would grow to the next level.
Speaker 3: Figure it out and grow to the next level. And she said she realized that Chip was.
Speaker 2: Always going to be Chip, and that she had to learn to increase her capacity for challenges, increase her capacity for failure. You have to learn to increase your capacity, because what will happen is it's very easy to stay safe, but if you want to be great, you're going to have to accept that this thing.
Speaker 3: Might not work.
Speaker 2: You might fail in spectacular fashion, or it might work in a way that you never imagine. You don't get to seven then figures and eight figures and maybe even nine figures or more one day without expanding you know what you're capable of and jumping forward and failing and so like, yeah, I just give you that advice that like, you know, right now things are really great because they ought to be, because you are now reaping what you've sown over the last ten years. But now you are also simultaneously sowing what you will reap in the next ten So just keep that in mind. But I'm super excited for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for those pearls of wisdom. You can sign me up. I'll be your first mentee. I've been I've been your mentee all this time. It feels like to well, yeah, I've more to come, y'all, just just hang out. I'm excited about this new this new chapter, and I think it's gonna mean big things for Brown Ambition as well. I just feel like this brand that we've built together in the past six years is just getting started. They call us. I feel like we're old ladies in this whole podcasting game. But y'all better all these new these young's coming out and post quarantine, like, y'all better watch out, watch out for Brown Ambition. We are here and that's in large part to our listeners too, So thank y'all for always supporting us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, honestly, it's been like an amazing ribe. We're gonna be trying some new things with y'all, connecting with y'all in new ways, hopefully seeing some of y'all in Parson.
Speaker 3: So like, watch out for some of the announcements. That's announcements that we will come up.
Speaker 2: We're just really excited to just connect even further and just hear from y'all and pour right back into y'all.
Speaker 3: So you've poured into us.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Tiffany's back.
Speaker 2: Wow, it feels so good to be back. I am a little rusty. But I do recall that we have a thing called boost break.
Speaker 1: Is that still a thing? Yeah, we still do that around here.
Speaker 3: So I have a boost. So I bought a company.
Speaker 1: Hello, Yes, so I wanted okay, yes, yes, yes, tell me tell us about it.
Speaker 2: So I have an idea for a company, and and I'm gonna keep it light from now. But but it's really it's nothing like you know, like crazy. I don't have like I'm not curing cancer. But I have an idea for like a company that will really help you guys, like find the tools and resources you need more easily. And so I've been thinking about this for a while. And then right before I left, literally the day before I left, I saw that somebody was selling their company and they had a girl. I didn't even tell you why, Remember I told you they had two hundred thousand followers on Insta, Girl, why didn't I come back?
Speaker 3: They have two seventy now, yes, so they knew they did.
Speaker 2: They have a huge Instagram. We have five hundred thousand a budget lista, but two seventy is huge. And then they have Twitter and Instagram and they have they have a Facebook group.
Speaker 3: They have all these resources.
Speaker 2: And the gentleman that was selling it's a financial company specifically for black millennials. And the guy who was selling it, I he posted in my my black marketing group and I was like, yo, I'm interested in learning more.
Speaker 3: And he was like, oh my god, I'm fan boiling boying. It's utivity. You're like the perfect person to buy. I hope you buy. I hope you buy it.
Speaker 2: So me and Maddy were talking about it with I was sharing with her that all the resources the company came with, and she was like, girl, my friend bought a company.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Of course it's the same, but those people wanted like a million dollars, and so we did not pay a million dollars, not even close.
Speaker 3: I just can't believe we were able to close the deal.
Speaker 2: Literally, right before I left, I told my COO, here's the max, Like, you know, I authorized you to negotiate with him, and we were able to get it to a price where it's like, wait, what it was, Yeah, the cost of like a really really really lavish vacation, which think about that, that's not much at all. But he just was really happy to sell to someone who was going to not I'm not going to keep his particular company going, but instead we're going to transform it to the company that I already had in mind. So now we don't have to start from scratch, we can start from a higher playing field. So I'm just really really excited because something like a vision that has been coming to me over and over, Like I had a vision for like Get Go of Money came true New York Times bestseller is selling really well. I had a vision for a one wee budget like ten thirteen years ago now ride I wrote it, I said, it said to me that, like, You're going to be a millionaire because.
Speaker 3: Of this book. I assumed I'd sell enough books to become a millionaire.
Speaker 2: That did not happen, but it sparked a budgetista, Like, so all of my visions honestly have come true.
Speaker 3: Like I put on my vision board, like you know, sometimes you just get a feeling.
Speaker 2: And lately, this feeling that's been coming up is that I'm going to sell a company for over fifty million dollars. Isn't that crazy? It's like a stubborn doing it, Tiffany. But it's like this, like stubborn, like it's happening. I need you to get ready, and I'm like what. And so it's just been this stubborn vision that I just can't. Every day it pops up in my head and so I don't believe me. I don't know the first thing about how to do. So well, that's not true.
Speaker 3: I thought I didn't know the first thing. But I was.
Speaker 2: I take walks every day now, and something popped into my head when I was listening to one of my books, and it was like, well, the first thing would be maybe to find somebody who sold companies.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh yeah, and just ask questions.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, remember, you work for Magnify Money and Nick, who's like the coolest, sold Magnifi money to lending.
Speaker 1: Tree, right, yes, I was part of that sale.
Speaker 2: So you know, like, hey, maybe I'll get up Nick and say hey, how'd that go? And then I know other people who sold companies, and so that's my first order of business. So I'm going to share kind of like that process with y'allcause I'm literally starting from scratch. I don't know, I don't know how to sell a company. I've never done it before.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've brought one.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So I'm excited about that because I want to be in a place and space where I am truly working. You know, not that I say I couldn't retire now, but I could, but I want to retire in a way that like, I'm not just retiring myself mentally, but.
Speaker 3: I know, like my kids, kids' kids.
Speaker 2: So I want to work from a space where I'm literally saying no to everything except for the things I really enjoy because I'm not working, you know, to think about money.
Speaker 3: And I don't worry.
Speaker 2: About money anymore, but it's still on my mind and I would love to be able to say no. Plus too, I want to be able to do a profit share with my team because they have put so much work to be able to. I mean, I don't know, depending how much the company sells for, it might retire some folks at the very least pay off some high student loan debts and reset your life. So I'm really excited about what that kind of money can do for not only my family, but for my Unicorn Squad family. I want to build a hospital like for my DreamCatcher family, for my BA family. I'm really excited about because that's coming. It could be in ten, fifteen years, it could be in five months, it could be in five years. I don't know, but I do know that that's coming. So I'm excited about that.
Speaker 1: I feel like you've just given like the I don't know, commencement address that we all needed for the summer, for the the for the year, for this year to come, this new new year. What it feels like post pandemic, Well, I can't wait to well. I mean, I don't want to ever go to your hospital because I don't want to be sick, but I would love to talk about your hospital in the future. And I mean, the bigger you dream it just makes every it makes me, It makes everyone listening just feel like anything is possible that you can dream up. And no, I don't think fifty million poles fifty billion, that would be a stretchful for you.
Speaker 2: You'll be I.
Speaker 1: So my I'm gonna do I'm gonna do a Brown break, just a balance out. There's way too much just you know, levity and awesomeness in black girl magic happening right now. So let's take it down a notch. Have you heard about Wendy Williams going off on this woman. I don't even think she knows this. This actress named Tabitha Brown, who I don't know if she shared a video on social media or wrote an article, but she was celebrating the fact that she has now become so successful that she has been able to retire her husband Chance from his job as a Los Angeles police officer. And Wendy Williams, who she is. I mean, Wendy Williams is like a character unto herself. I'm not going to pretend that I watch her show every day because.
Speaker 3: She's a professional troll.
Speaker 1: She's she's special, Okay. And she went on her show and went off about Tabitha and basically projected the failure of her own marriage. You know, she had like a very public divorce, basically saying that this is the worst thing that Tabitha could have done, that it's going to ruin her relationship, and that it would end up just going down in flames, and I cringe so hard because, for one thing, it's nothing to be ashamed of for a man to leave his job and to be quote unquote retired by a wife. I think that should be celebrated. And it's also like, why would you you don't know anything about this woman, Why would you project your own failure onto her when ultimately it's up to ours, It's up to us, you know how our relationships work out, and you never know what's going on in anybody's marriage. I think it's absolutely beautiful that in order to it's not even about repaying him for what he gave her, but if you actually listen to the story, you know clearly he supported her in her career for a long long like years, many years, maybe even decades of time together, and he has his own passions to pursue. And she was saying, listen, we are good. You can let you can let go of this job that you've kept for security, for the security of this family, and you were able to pursue your passions in career. I'm like, what could be what's more beautiful than that in our partnership?
Speaker 2: What Because you know, Wendy is so so like I for the six weeks, I wasn't on social but I think my friend told me about it, so like I googled it and I saw, like, you know, Wendy saying what she said and so back because you know, I love teeth. So background on Wendy's marriage. She her husband Kevin, has been trashed for a long time. Like I remember when Wendy was like for those you especially on the East Coast, child, Wendy was like we all listened to Wendy on the radio show on radio, she was captivating and her husband was trashed.
Speaker 3: Then she had written this book called Wendy's.
Speaker 2: Got the Heat where her son, who is now twenty, her husband cheated on her while she was pregnant, even though they had a hard time getting pregnant. So he's been trashed and you know, just not a really nice guy and there's been allegations of physical abuse and things. And so just a few years ago, I don't know who Wendy pissed off at the Daily Mail because I thought the Daily Mail was out of like the UK, But they did a one year long expose that they had been study they had been following Wendy's husband he had a whole other woman that he brought a house for like three like in the same neighborhood as his house with Wendy car for and they had a child. Literally he was but basically married to two women. And so when the xpose came out, that's why Wendy ended.
Speaker 3: Up divorcing him. I don't believe she really wanted to.
Speaker 2: But when the whole world knew like what he also has like a whole nother wife what, it was really embarrassing for her. And she actually because Wendy used to well I don't know, she's still she was an addict, and so she actually ended up being hospitalized. She she took it really hard, so to be kind in that respect, you know, I don't know you know Wendy or like what she's going through, but I guess she attributes what happened to her marriage because she, you know, was the main breadwinner in you know, her family.
Speaker 3: But from when I understand he did actually manage her.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, but Tad did what they call a sanctified read a read honey, but let me tell you something, don't.
Speaker 3: Be fooled by ms.
Speaker 2: Tad was like, let me gather you together real quick under the name of Jesus.
Speaker 3: Okay, she read Wendy for filth. She said, Wendy, I know you so hurt. Girl. I pray that you have a marriage, that somebody loves you enough.
Speaker 2: Basically, she was basically saying, girl, don't be mad because he don't want you. But she ain't say it like that, but it was like, honestly, it was really beautiful. But it was definitely a sanctified read. And Tad explained, which she didn't have to. But you know, I'm glad that, you know, for the larger audience, and you know, people get a better understanding.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 2: When they first I don't know where they're from. She's from down south somewhere. But when they first moved to Los Angeles. She's always wanted to be an actress. And she told her husband, if you allow me, I just give me five years. I want to quit my job and just do try this acting. Think please, five years maybe that's all I need. If it doesn't work out, I'll get a job and we just you know, we just both working. He said, okay, girl. Fifteen years later, this man she had not found anything, but she was. He held up that agreement. I will take care of the family. You try your dream, She said, what would I look like after fifteen years? He held, you know, there were things he wanted to do and couldn't. He put his life on the line as as a Los Angeles police officer for fifteen years so she could pursue her dreams and it finally worked. Of course, she was like, babe, I don't want you to put your life on the line anymore. Every day could be the day he doesn't come back. And she said that, so I thought it was absolutely beautiful. He already coaches kids, apparently, and he has a nonprofit that he hasn't been able to dedicate as much time too, and now he can do that and coach even more kids. He seems like an amazing man.
Speaker 3: Ivy.
Speaker 2: They've been married for like twenty three years, so you know, she's like, girl, we have been through. She's like, me and my husband have together and we was broke, broke, broke, she said, we've been broke longer than we've had money. We only had money in the last year or so. So we good, Wendy, don't worry about us. And so I just want to give some backstory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for that. I thought I was breaking news for you coming at I'm like, I'm gonna tell Tiffany what's been happening on these year internets since she's been gone. Meanwhile, you told me more than I anyway, Just stop showing me up. I gotta bring my hay game anyway. No, but let me just like this is this is what Tiffany and I. Maybe you agree, but my marriage would not work if there were two Mandy's. It would go down in flames. I'm talking about it. Off the rails. I am Chip. When you talked about Chip and Joanna, I am Chip. Okay, I am like, uh, I'm gonna quit this really well paying job and I'm gonna ask this company to pay me twice as much salary plus a sign on bonus. I'm just gonna go for Okay. Could be cool with that, babe, Okay? Sure? Like he's My husband has always been very stable, very steady. You know, he works for the government, he has his pension. You know, he's just he's got the healthcare. I couldn't do what I'm doing now. He has given me the freedom, he's given me trust, and he's given me the space that I need to just figure my shit out. And he is providing healthcare, and I don't want to be I don't want to even try to pretend like I am paying for health care right now. We are very fortunate to have his healthcare in this country right now. In the US, it is hard to start a business and go out on your own unless you have a partner you can provide health care. So let's not get that twisted. Yes, and you've talked about that with Superman as well, so please, but you.
Speaker 2: Why don't I always say, like my husban's always an old bab. I'm like, are you serious, sir? You know we do IVF right, We have probably spent at minimum three hundred thousand dollars is what would have cost us to do as many rounds of IVF.
Speaker 3: If I've done, I have paid ten dollars of copay. That's it.
Speaker 2: Ten dollars. And I'm just like, yo, his you know, like, well, because my husband still works with what he brings to the table, Like it's just the stability, the safe place, the land, you know, the but like and the healthcare shoe. Like I'm not gonna lie. Until we got married, it was yoga and water and I was like, please, Lord, don't let me get sick for real, for real, I mean, so, I mean, I commend anybody who's going out there doing you know, who's entrepreneur on their own. I know, the first probably six or seven years of my entrepreneur journey was without without insurance.
Speaker 3: And it's scary, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and so absolutely you know, so yeah, I just so, I just say all that to say that my husband and I told them when we were getting together. I said, let's make a rule that we we follow our own rules, like if you know, like if you want to cook.
Speaker 3: And I don't, that's our rule.
Speaker 2: The outside world doesn't get to say no sisters, no brothers, no moms, no dads.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't have to share with them.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, you know, secretly, this is how we do things because if it works for us, let it work for us, because people will have you feel bad because I used to travel a lot, and when we got married, his friends while you're still letting your wife travel.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, I we were traveling when I when we were dating, and so he was like, I don't know if I feel comfortable. I'm like, babe, we dated for you know, like three years and I traveled way more. Don't let those people get in your head, Okay, because guess what, I'm still getting on the plane. So yeah, exactly, so you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you have a relationship, whatever works for you, it's what works for you.
Speaker 3: There is no there's no society norms that you have to adhere to.
Speaker 2: You. You really get to decide what your relationship looks like, and it's best to keep most things to yourself. Like if you notice, I don't post Superman like like I used to, Like I used to do this whole thing about Superman and Supergirl, and you no, I don't do that as much anymore, just because I never got any negative feedback. But as I get you know, as I get older, I just realized I just want, you know, some things for us us, and I also too don't want to because social media can be toxic. I think we all know that, and s Week's all social media. I didn't realize just how toxic it could be when I started to just feel better, Like social media will literally have you feeling bad about a good life, and I'm like, let me not throw like my relationship into the stinky stew of social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just lived that for yourselves. I completely agree. So shout out to Tab I'm recalling I I can call her Tab too. Shout out to Tab at the Brown for reading. Wendy Williams. Wendy Williams, please sit down, you know, work on whatever you know. I agree you feel pain if you're protecting that onto someone else's marriage. But we only know the story that we are writing ourselves. We cannot expect anyone else to understand it. So I mean, I could meant anyone for sharing. And we do a lot in our show. We share a lot about ourselves, and that does that does open us up to critique and to questioning, and that's the choice that we've made. But I will say emphatically, I could not be the success that I am financially, career wise, anything. And who knows where I'll be without my husband and his job, you know, in the in the stability, and his faith in me and his support and his little shrug and a sigh like Okay, I guess we're doing this now, you know. That's that's all I need. A shrug and a sigh, you know what I mean? All Right, Well, thank y'all for rocking with us. Thank you Tiffany for coming back. I'm so glad that you Eat Prey Love Hiatus did not also include Man that podcast. I don't want to do that, So all right, Well, y'all, don't forget to follow and comment and review the show. But we would also love love you to share this show with three people. That's three. Text them a link to our show on whatever streaming platform you prefer. Tell your mama, tell your sister, your cousin, tell someone about Brown Ambition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, send them to brownebitionpodcast dot com. If you don't know where to send them, that's like the perfect place because we just want to reach and teach, you know, and hung up on more people.
Speaker 1: So alright until next week.
Speaker 3: Bye,