Speaker 1: Nick Fox Entertainment presents The Rick Butcher's Show with Speedy Greg Butchers, had Evan Idler and Rick Butchers are you and.
Speaker 2: Look a hair?
Speaker 3: We're ready to go, baby. All veterans are ready. The man who broke Adler's mirror on his van says.
Speaker 4: He's raised.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Down, slap out. You're there, Kingsville is here, the girlies are there. Pennsylvania always with Gunnersville is ready. Make and our God listener on time today and ready?
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 2: What's up? Yakaa?
Speaker 3: Washington, Pontiac is ready. Hats LOLd Alabama, the Rocket City is in. We're okay, We're fine, We're ready. That comes, Mississippi. The entire stake's in. Uh huh. Commerce Georgia is ready, and there's a Fort Payne, Alabama. Motor grater Mike and Sandersville Georgian for that god forsaken round about in Cleveland, Alabama says it's ready a lot to do as you heard, Ken Osburn, the gang all here, Speedy Greg Adler. Uh and it feels good to be sitting back on the old one one mic check one two for the one mic. Welcome back, birth back, No dress here you know, I I got where I was going on time, I left when I was ready to leave, and I got home when I was done. What an amazing, what amazing. It was funny to watch all the things that I mentioned some on yesterday's show. First of all, I was going to bed in Virginia Beach before I would have ever been out of Atlanta. Okay, I was already asleep. I got home and was eating dinner. Uh and I was walking with my wife at a park near us, and and under the other schedule, I would have still been not home yet really so so anyway, so uh so wow, okay that I don't know what that situation is. But what did we say? Yeah, good night, it's quiet. I guess I can go in there and see if I can touch something. Yeah, we're getting just then, Yeah, we're geting, We're getting we're getting some of Birmingham all saying that one O four seven is quiet right now.
Speaker 6: So that's that's not good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know it's it's one of those where it just there's not a whole lot we can do about it. But old Tom I brought all the equipment back super times. The engineer that works for a Summit Media and zz K is their station. Uh. And I was like, you know what, I brought all my stuff back. I got on the air smoothly, and I thought today for Tom would be you know, almost a day of celebration, and you know, and and then he has to deal with this.
Speaker 7: That with your setup, I was slowly wading into a back and forth of any kind, you know, because you don't know how your echo is, how your whatever. That was the best back and forth I think we could ever have ever done ever on a remote show.
Speaker 3: I told Greg, and I think you'll agree, ad Or to your point. My my ability ability to interact with the team, to give you guys the space like we do when we're all in here together, there was easier doing it that way than if all of you were on location with me. Yeah, I mean I could hear everybody.
Speaker 7: Great, you're posting the beds, I mean you were going to the break you know this that you were posting it.
Speaker 3: Well, it told me that you know what, there's a that this is, this can be done in the future. This this opens up because it really worked very very smoothly. It was great and the and the beautiful thing is Tom, you know back when he didn't know ZEZK would be off the ear, but he was so happy he was but he he actually, I don't know, you know, I'm not technical, so I can't describe it. But he gave me this thing that made sure that I because the beauty of this is and and I got to talk about this a lot with the people, uh there at the seven hundred Club and CBN yesterday because we were people there. There's there's people there like Molly who made sure that you and you get where you're supposed to get, make sure you get picked up at the airport, make sure you know where you're supposed to be, make sure you're in makeup. You know, she runs the guest from the beginning all the way to they're back on the plane and gone. And she's been working with them for fifty three years.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And so were we had lunch and with Less and her and the producer and another guy that was on the show, and we were discussing the evolution of technology with TV and radio. And you know, if you remember, there was a time when we all wanted to leave the ISD in line and we wanted to make that trip over to Wi Fi. But it wasn't ready. Wireless was not ready. It was you could it was, it just wasn't good enough because when you do a long form program, I mean, you have to have solid Wi Fi that does not leave you. And so now which I don't know what it is, Tom gave me this deal that you can go on the road with. So you're not getting there going well, I hope the hotel has good WiFi. You bring your own WiFi and and that that's a game change. Yeah. Uh, and so so it works. It worked really, really smoothly. And as if if I can do it, you know, it's pretty easy operation. We're talking about how Time just came off a big win. Everything went smooth. I've even brought all the equipment back and now this.
Speaker 8: It's not good when you call. And I exited the studio and I walked into the studio of our our flagship to see if I could, you know, just do I need to physically touch something.
Speaker 3: It's something off.
Speaker 8: And when I called him, he was already uppy, and he he didn't say hello, He said, I know, and apparently there's a number of stations off in the cluster. Oh, and he is trying to figure it all out, but Greg and I haven't.
Speaker 3: I so I guess I just need to hang on to my suitcase and not worrying with that right now. No, but I brought all the stuff back just to me. Yeah no, no, I mean it just would put it back on his day. Just give it to I'll just go put it on his desk and then the comrax just goes back in the okay, and the podcast brought it all back in a suitcase. I'm so proud of you trying to brag. That's so good.
Speaker 8: It's but no, we were talking about anytime there's an update pushed through and I don't know that it is, but Greg and I have an idea. Really there's a major update yesterday on the system. Oh well that's everything, and that is just to be it.
Speaker 3: We were concerned today. Y'all didn't even tell me you were concerned.
Speaker 8: Well because there was no reason. Because Greg came in. He's like, hey, everything I logged back in. Everything looks good. And that might not be it sounds different.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're in Birmingham and you know any place in that part out of Maam, I mean you can't even have a w ZZK. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So yeah, but you know these hot spot devices that you can use and stuff. And he said that he uses that one all the time. Rick, when he's going up to the tower or whatever and having to work, he'll just throw it up on the dash and he has instant Internet. You know, it's some type of hot spot like that device.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It just looked like almost like a little cell phone. Yeah, size device, a little brick.
Speaker 6: Can we use that brick? Can we use that?
Speaker 3: It's his? I mean we could probably get one times, just not hours, but we can look into getting one that was.
Speaker 7: To borrow and he can he can borrow my electric guitar or something maybe, Yeah, and he can he can play my drums anytime he wants.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is there was a time, and we were discussing this with everybody there. We were talking about how much more difficult TV was it one time? How much more difficult doing radio was it one time? This other stuff didn't exist, So and and so there was a time where we would have had to be talking to that hotel for weeks and say we must have a dedicated ic D inline. Doing it in the room would have been out. He needs to be down in the lobby somewhere because they couldn't have made to drop there and they would have had to had to drop down in the lobby somewhere. That you that you had to order weeks before before the remember the beach shows were going over there, that was involved. Oh yeah, people had to go early.
Speaker 8: And even even the region's tradition annual show that we do, I'd have to go out days ahead, lug equipment in and all this kind of stuff. Now I just take a little suitcase and they're like, is that it? Yeah, you know, we've advanced a lot in this area.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: Now some buffoon like me can just get up out of bed and walk over to the desk in the hot in the hotel room in your underwear and say, and I'm live on I'm live on all the platforms we have, and I'm here we go here? Were you?
Speaker 7: Greg brings up a great point. Were you at any point talking to us in your underwear?
Speaker 3: Would have been? Would have been? But I had when I looked at the schedule, I mean like I had to say thanks guys and walk to the lobby. Got so I had to be dressed. You had to be barnet And I saw your Garnett your.
Speaker 8: Instagram post that I'm like, Okay, so he's up, he's had a houred ready to go.
Speaker 3: Sure, had a little sleep.
Speaker 8: And you know the seven hundred Club they uh, I looked them up on Instagram and everything, and they did a really good job of tagging you and some posts and the links. And I know Ab has it as well, and but I was really impressed with just them from beginning to end.
Speaker 3: First they did a great job. Yeah at first class and everything was first class. And you can see that thing runs like a fine oil machine. The whole process is they've been doing it for a long long time. And and you know there we were asking there everything that they're that they're involved in, you know, because they have all kinds of brands.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know you got CBN, you got seven hundred Club, and they've got this other stuff. And Less said, how many employees do y'all have? And uh and Molly said, uh, eight hundred and one. Man, that's a big operation. We can do a lot with that. Eight hundred, eight hundred and one. Yes and one.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, wives and daughters, everybody listening. Are you a wife? Or your daughter. Father's Days almost here, you're still scrambling for a gift. Don't worry, we got it covered. Well sons, sons have to get something? Is it just wives and daughters? Well sons too. Forget the last minute grill, gadget. By the way, he's already bought the one he wants coffee mug. Are you kidding me? He's got his favorites. What your husband really wants is something that speaks to who he is and a world that seems to make fun of masculinity, traditional values, fatherhood. He needs a place where he is celebrated, a place that has his back. And of course we're talking about Blade TV. It's where unapologetic conservative voices call out the nonsense and stand up for what's right. Faith, family, freedom, God's designed for the family. Good enough for us. Right now, you can grab the Father's Day special thirty dollars off an annual subscription when you use the code Dad, Dad Dad thirty. Now that's just this week. It's fast, it's easy, you don't have to wrap. It actually mean something. So if you're still giftless, this is a you can win this Father's Day. Think of his peace of mind. Think of his firepower for his convictions. So skip the predictable gifts. This father Father's Day gives something that actually matters. Go to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick, use that promo code Dad thirty, grab the deal and remind him he's appreciated. And he's not.
Speaker 11: The man who informed Dippin' Dots that they were not, in fact, the ice cream of the future.
Speaker 3: Rick Birches, Right, there's a fact, and they finally changed it. You're welcome, Thank you for being with us as you know now today. Like let's say, for instance, your affiliate is having technical difficulties. Do you realize there's all sorts of options to get the show when you're into time. If your favorite option is not happening, you just moved to another one. It features, of course, all of our affiliates in the terrestrial world. It also features a lot of them have their own app as well, so you can always search tune in. We have our own channel, so you have that YouTube is available for you, and then of course you can get the archive version of the show every day on our podcast channel or on our YouTube channel. Would you ever like to do a marketing plan that says is there any way I can be on all of that? Well, you can be on, of course, any of an individually, but you could be on all of it. Yeah, so, and we have more and more people that are doing that as the show is really picking up momentum and rolling. Now more coming on it seems like every week. So if you would like to find out how to do that, you can always just contact Rick Burgess Show at Syndicatedsolutions dot com, Rick Burgess Show at Syndicatedsolutions dot com and let our national team put together a plan for you to be on all the Rick Burgess Show platforms and then if you go, well, I don't know that I can take that big a bite, but I sure would like to hear about some of the individual opportunities. Like our local affiliates, you can just contact us and we'll hook you up with them as well. So want to on that note of these different things. And Speedy was laughing about this, you know, talking about the book Men Don't Run in the Rain. Thanks for all the feedback while getting it from everywhere. Love love hearing those stories about your experience listening to it or reading it. But you know, you go to our store at Rick Burgess Show and that's Rick and bubba'swag a lot of apparel. The book is not going to be in our store, and there's just a reason for that because of the way this book was launched. So if you're looking for the book, you just need to go wherever you normally get books. Now do we have links on all of our websites. We do, and that takes you to Ironhiell Press and you can buy it directly from them, But it's not available in the Rick Burgess Show store. We're not going to. We used to in the old days of Rick and Bubba when we had books and stuff that we would do and stuff from the Man Church, we would put it in the store as well, and kind of found out that that was a little bit rickety. It's really simpler to keep you know, the apparel and all the fun stuff in the store, but when it comes to books and curriculum and devotions that we probably you just need to go get those from those sources. So so just keep that in mind if if you're looking for that, and if you were wanting to signed option, even though it was cut off early for about a half hour, got cut back on the signed option that that option has closed. So but you can certainly get the book and then come here and if you're in the vox seats, happy to sign those for you or you know, if you happen to get it to us at at some sort of appearance or maybe I'm speaking somewhere, or maybe we're at the grocery store, whatever, Happy to do it that way. Okay, So let's let's talk about some other things that are going on. So we did. We did that yesterday with seven hundred Club that they have that archive out Adler has that we can review that if we want to. Also we but we don't have to. I mean it's out there. And then today also it dropped yesterday and a lot of you were waiting on this podcast because it really is a very popular podcast, The Art of Manliness UH. And I was honored to be on with their host, Brett McKay I think is his last name. I know it's Brett uh. And we had a great conversation. He gave me a lot of time, which was very kind. I think we almost did an hour together, and we really dove deep into the book and and all of the the things that are associated with the book. Some of the larger teachings. Uh, you know about life too, not just the eternal impact, but just you know how to how to work through life. Uh And and so it was a really, really enjoyable time with him. So the Art of Manliness, A lot of you were waiting on that one. It did drop yesterday. So if you were familiar with that podcast or want to go to that podcast, we had conversation about the book too, and that came out yesterday. So others are still to come. So and we'll let you know when those when those happened. And and I and I know this, You know our audience, they don't miss anything. They don't miss anything. Uh And I know it's awkward and all this, but hey, we live life on the fly. I do realize now that I took Broner's name and inverted two letters and said b O R instead of b R O. That's just a mind flip. That's just me being a good and at my age, we're going to invert letters. Okay, that was just because that's one thing I always want to be real, real sensitive about. And and I guess I was trying to be so sensitive and and of course life's coming at you you know, at ninety five miles an hour, is that you know, I do talk about that experience from from my from from the point of view of Dad and me and our fan family, but Sherry has unpacked that story so much better and in incredible detail in her book. So I always want to make sure that people aren't expecting to go to this book and go, well, am I going to read the same things that Sherry's already covered nant there's no uh, there's no Andy Andrews is coming on today again, and he'll tell you that that book, when it comes to where God is and all this, it stands on its own. So I always want to honor that and remind people that that's an incredible resource if you're going through that or you want to know, you know, the bigger picture of that. And Sherry spent five years on that, and that book came at an incredible cost, and so I always want to make sure people understand that. So when I was trying to do that, I tried to be sure people would know the title and his name since it's unique and I inverted to letters. So that's just me being a good one. So and I appreciate y'all making sure you pointed that outbody. Yeah, thanks for that. Rick, you've really been bussing you for us the last forty eight hours. Of course, your case, your own son's name. But yeah, that's just inverting two letters. Man, it happens, it matter if it happens on this show all the time. Oh yeah, but I do appreciate you'all making sure I knew that, so keep me yea, I appreciate that. Thanks. That was great speak.
Speaker 8: I couldn't check email quick enough and after the interview, h I want, hey, you know he misspelled?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got it. Sure, thank god, Thanks guys, thank you very much. We don't know. Always good to hear from the stain a good interview. Yeah, so anyway, but that's just thinking, oh he dis inverted, Yeah, just just inverted to it. I do know how to spell my son's name, I promise.
Speaker 7: Well, speaking of just getting things wrong, I thought for a moment that they were going to buy everyone a copy of your book that wanted it.
Speaker 6: But they had a free gift.
Speaker 7: Prayer guide, and I misconstrued. I was like, my goodness, seven hundred clubs buying everybody a book.
Speaker 3: That wants one.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm not gonna sell You're gonna sell twenty million funs. But so yeah, no, it was coming at you fast and you did a great job.
Speaker 2: Man, you did well.
Speaker 3: They were first class. They made it easy. We'll be back.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgers Show. We talked to the public every day and trust us, you should be gravely concerned the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you America. Appreciate you being with us. Kind of that an awkward position where if any part of our different options isn't working, and I want to tell you that we're aware it's not working, but how can I tell you if it's not working. There's always a weird place you find yourself doing what we do. But anyway, so if you've gone to another platform, even then you wouldn't care because now you've got the show. Yeah, so anyway, yeah, we are aware that to Birmingham's one O four seven WZZK that what's funny is they're saying, whatever's gone wrong with it. Technically it's still playing the commercials, it's just not playing the show. Great line from text Nation. I've heard of commercial free, but I've never heard of show free. No, this is affair that is hilarious. So that tells us though some things. Technically, if you want me to get kind of talk to you about the industry, it means they're receiving the tones, but something's wrong with the string.
Speaker 7: Now show free, show free.
Speaker 3: Another show free, ninety minutes.
Speaker 7: Another block of no show, no show sang sorry.
Speaker 3: So they're working on that, and it's all how they get the stream. At least they get to play flower the branch. Yeah, at least they at least they get that. At least they do it. Yeah. By the way, I'd also like to bring up and I meant to bring this up yesterday because normally we're doing so much stuff here at Master Control. Master Control's busy when you're sitting, when you're sitting in the hotel room, it's not busy all. The only thing you got to do is do show. That's how that feels. It was why for the board it was kind of interesting. I'm just kind of hanging out so I hear the commercials more because I'm not doing as much in the break and I know this is probably gonna come back to haunt me. Okay, it probably is probably not the best thing to do to take shots at the people who pay your bills. No, okay, In fact, I almost want to stop you if you don't know. But I just have to ask this, who in the world with trust Big Lou?
Speaker 12: I mean it sounds that Big got all contract Why it sounds like he's a mess. He's like you, He's he's not healthy.
Speaker 3: That's great, Big Los. He's been through multiple bad marriages, his health is awful. What am I doing? I've never heard such an approach? Why would I be with this? Is he just saying if your life is as bad as lose, he'll help you. Yeah, he understands lose overweight is his cholesterols up. And he's got a bunch of eggs. Wives that you had policies we memorize, thought, we've heard it. I'm just wondering, like you going a guy doing a personal trainer AD and he's like really fat and healthy and he's like, look, come see me. We're not getting thing done, but at least I can relate to you. Yeah, yeah, I mean I know I won't. If I've got problems, I want to deal with people who solve these pro I don't want to deal with people who are still in them, right, right, right, what's wrong with lou speaking of advertisers?
Speaker 8: And well we can break this down later, but uh, I tracked down David David yep, I had a conversation by the way, uh and Greg and Adler we're in the room.
Speaker 3: Uh and so we can update that.
Speaker 8: Uh cat what maybe about a five minute conversation with him again?
Speaker 3: And that is now okay, I just talked about we got some easy here.
Speaker 8: Really yeah, yeah, it's kind of it's kind of a unique situation. I guess the the the deal that he signed with the company that he endorses limits him on being able to do interviews outside of that, you know, And so unfortunately he was trying to clear uh him like coming on the show, and Adler hit record and recorded my conversation with him, and and we're waiting on that approval as well. But I can tell you he is a real person. He does work in that industry. And he was very nice. It's just he was he was kind of you know, handcuffed on what did you do?
Speaker 3: Can I say that? Ended? Please? Who are you all in? And he said with the rig worded show. So the conversation goes on to us. Then he goes thank Rick and you know what, I've had that done before, and I'm just like you might know him as.
Speaker 8: Our flagship station is back on all right. On a bit of positive On a bit of positive news, I was informed that that The Rick Burgess Show has been recognized as one of the top one hundred talk show podcast on some plat different platforms. A Million Podcasts is uh. They're the founder sent me an email and they're an organization that does a comprehensive study on ranking talk show podcast and they said, I just want to let you know that the Rick Burgess Show is has been listed as one of the top one one hundred talk show podcasts. Also, they've been we're being featured on the top seventy Donald Trump podcast list Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Which is insane anyway.
Speaker 8: They they created a badge for us to share on social media if we desire to do that. But in a bit of good news, I know, you know, none of us have really ever won awards, uh in this industry, but we're being recognized as some of the top podcasts in in the in the country. Okay, I thought that was pretty good. That's pretty recognizing. Again, it's the it's called Million Podcasts. It's a it's a it's a I guess a company that ranks podcasts worldwide about worldwide.
Speaker 3: Also, I want to ask, since we got David from Flowery Branch and you you did talk to it, I heard it. Did he have did he have any idea why we were wanted to talk to him. No, I think he's got something.
Speaker 8: He's got some relatives that actually lived close to Okay, but uh, he said that he was remember because he was wanting to do something. Yeah, he was wanting to do something I think in a publication, was wanting to do a feature on him, and he was turned down by the people. It seems like if you're endorsing someone, they would they would go, yeah, do as many interviews as you can on this.
Speaker 3: But I don't know the situation. But not if they've heard this show.
Speaker 6: And yeah, we would make fun of him.
Speaker 8: So so I said a little parts important. Yeah he missed the Hey this is speedy with the Rick Burgess show. He just heard Rick Burgess show. And so we have this conversation. He's very nice, you know, and and we're talking to him, bothered him at work, had to ask for him and uh and so uh, he says he says that, you know, he's had requests before, and he's actually had people come in going are you David?
Speaker 3: Are you the David?
Speaker 8: And but he did have to ask again, now, who's this with, because you know, I'm sure that that company averaged national kinds of national campaign and speedy.
Speaker 7: Didn't you call the wrong pharmacy?
Speaker 6: Initially?
Speaker 8: I called the pharmacy that was advertised and and the guy that I talked to there was very nice.
Speaker 6: And they get the calls all the time, all the.
Speaker 8: Time, and he said he actually knows the guy and he does live there, he just doesn't work there.
Speaker 3: He works in one close by. We're waiting permission.
Speaker 8: We're waiting on permission, and once we get it, we could either play back the recording Addler had, or get him on the phone.
Speaker 3: But we got his phone number. Would you be willing to try to find Big Lou now?
Speaker 8: Oh, we could, we could, Adler and asked him if back to day.
Speaker 6: Just stay away from his trophy wife.
Speaker 3: Adler asked David, he said, do you do you happen you don't know a Larry from Dublin, Georgia. That's good, he said, yeah, by the way from he said he didn't know where Dublin, Georgia was great. This seemed fizzle low to me, and I guess I can Clara. Here's from text Nation out of Georgia. By the way, the Rick Burgers Show also number thirty nine on the Favorite Prison podcast. Oh we've always done well all week. But you know what, that's probably just men on the women's prison. I bet we're number three. I have to bet the women in the prison go right right. Yeah, bad in cars rated women they love this show. They'd love it. Yeah, There's there's nothing like desperation to make you turn to this show. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Also, we're getting called out on some people thinking that we're stringing Larry and Carolyn along and we and and their concerned because they felt like, uh, matter of fact, one even said, I'm a minion, but for some reason, my heart is into this Larry and Carolyn trip.
Speaker 3: They want to know so they can take the day off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And they said, I just don't want y'all to disappoint them, because you can tell they're excited about you. I know they're wanting to go to And I told them, I said, really, it has nothing to do with us stringing and Along. We just I'm just trying to find a day we do it and I don't mind going.
Speaker 7: So we got to find out when we're going to go to this random people's house in Dublin, Georgia that collect patches. Yes, and then we got to figure out when we're going to sleep in a cave.
Speaker 3: Also. Oh yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a good one. That's repeatd for. I was gonna put down, let's get the date we're gonna eat weal legs. But y'all did that yesterday. We yeah, we did.
Speaker 8: Now we're direct the Jews, so I was hoping they would do that. But I'm just kind of looking at my calendar and uh, I might could go. I could I'll make maybe try to go next week or the next good I mean all of us going, and it sounds like it might be a bigger endeavor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you got to though, I just say, if you drive all that way by, you say, I don't know why y'all didn't go for fathers. Oh yeah, father.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: So we were just talking on the show about being a patriot, uh and talking about the things that are going on with the different ideologies. I don't know. I've never lived in a time. I'm sixty years old. I've never lived in a time where the two ideologies were so separate and uh and no room for compromise. And a lot of times you're thinking, I'm sick and tired of spending money and supporting values that are working against it's my ideology. I'm done with it. I don't want to do that, but I don't know where to go. Well, when it comes to your cellular and wireless service, Patriot Mobile leading the way as America's only Christian conservative wireless provider switch today. You will not sacrifice quality our service. I know that's probably what you were thinking if I got to go with somebody that can. We're Patriots, but they don't do it. No, they do an outstanding job. You're going to get exceptional nationwide coverage because unlike most budget wireless providers, Patriot Mobile has access to all three major US networks. You can even add two numbers on two networks on one phone, something the big guys can't even do that. So stay connected with flexible unlimited data plans fit your lifestyle. They have high speed data, mobile hotspots, international roaming, device protection, even Internet backup. And the best part is you switch to Patriot Mobile. You're supporting people who share your ideology if it comes from the conservative point of view, faith, family, freedom, First and Second Amendment, sanctity of life, veterans. That's where you're gonna be. So go to Patriot mobile dot com. Slash rick are called nine to seven to two Patriot. To get a free month of service with the promo code Patriot mobile dot com slash rick get a free month are called nine seven two Patriot and mention the promo code rick.
Speaker 11: It's just like eating lunch at the cool table. The ricks were just show altogether.
Speaker 3: Bank here at Master Control today, thank you for being with US America. We'll get some of your phone calls coming up. Got hey bird, Hey birds. We got Andy Andrews coming up again today. Be true or b Yes, could you get a chance at the will of bundles, bits and bucks. Yes, you will have that opertunity to do with Andy Andrews coming up later today. As a matter of fact, continuing the book tour, I'll be on with Andy Andrews Lord Willing this Friday with his podcast The Noticer. I don't know when those you know how far behind they are when they come out or whatever. We're doing that on Friday too, and Sherry and I are going to go together and visit with he and his wife Polly and have a little day together there at Orange Beach. Yeah, it's gonna be fun. So that'll be going on then Saturday, I'll be back. I'm not speaking, but it will be at my home church. I'm hosting Jared Hudson, who just announced he's running for a Senate, has served US as a Navy seal and has an incredible rescue mission involving the sex trade called Covenant Rescue. He'll be speaking to the men of Valleydale Church on Saturday morning for our breakfast. If you want to join us, you certainly can. There's no charge for that, but it would be great if we knew you were coming, because we are cooking a load of breakfast and you'll hear Jim and we'll plug you into one of our small groups for the curriculum from the Maanchurch dot com, one of the five curriculum available we have that. I think we have two different groups going on two different curriculums, so we can do that on Saturday. And of course this weekend is Father's Day, So to hope all of you are getting ready for a big Father's Day weekend coming up. Want to I want to also put this out there. It looks like that Aaron Rodgers has showed up and he's let everybody know he's married. Yeah, so what is this a new record on having a distraction in minicamp? I mean he he has not arrived, he's been there well just a couple of days, and now he's already Well just so y'all know, I've been married for a couple of months. Here we go, we're right now, here comes the Now that's all everybody's gonna focus.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So now that's all we got to hear. Here's an idea, maybe finish well and go to a team and do really well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, wouldn't that be great? Oh yeah, yeah, so good. Yeah, that'd be that'd be nice. But yeah, it's just uh, it was a little strange because it just kind of like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: I've been married. I've been married for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 8: Now, it's kind of his business, it is, and he December Pat McAfee show, everybody's going back because this the bride is is there's a mystery.
Speaker 3: Who is it? And uh? He mentioned that he was dating a lady by the name of Britney in December in a Pat McAfee episode, So everybody's assuming that's that's the first name, but they don't know who it is. Who did he marry? Wait a minute, he didn't take the time to tell who his wife was, Britney spears, Greg that could be.
Speaker 8: That's just what the article said. He referred to dating someone in December by the name of Brittany, but in the in the Fox News story and other publications that just said that who his wife is is a mystery.
Speaker 3: Really stirring things up. Britney Grinder, you know that, you talk about a drama. We go to Brittany Grinder for for audio. How is it with Aaron? It's great? I love him. I actually taught him how to throw the ball better. Yeah, man, come, come, come snuggle with me.
Speaker 7: It looks weird with Rogers in a Steelers uniform helmet. Oh and how about he's got one of those rubber wedding rings on.
Speaker 6: Yeah it is that looks weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that does look strange. Well, I told him to wear that when he's played.
Speaker 11: I actually spooned him.
Speaker 3: He doesn't spoon me. Have you noticed that he goes back. I wouldn't call it throwback, but he's in like the original helmet style from Yes, you know, we progressed a long way since that style. He always had a chin strap. Oh no, and Aaron always has the basic chin hits trap because between every snow he does the basic, the basic face masks.
Speaker 8: There he goes, that's good. That looks a little strange. But I got to tell you something I could be wrong. Watch out.
Speaker 3: Well. I'm not saying the Jets were just.
Speaker 8: Awful, but they had their they had their complications, the steels that name, that coat, careful, that organization careful. They're good, but that they're good. They're good right now.
Speaker 3: But hadn't they been kind of they weren't what they do, but they weren't on the backslide kind of. But I mean, I just think, I just think that you know, you have you have everybody around you, and you're ready to win. It could be a it could be a good year for them. I say it could be. I don't know. I'm not Mojo and anybody. I'm just saying that's a prediction. I had Dallas Stars fans are screaming, sorry, Steelers.
Speaker 8: I did not say that the Steelers are going to be awesome. I'm just saying, so everybody's gonna be like, oh, they're going to suck.
Speaker 3: Well, you, I don't know.
Speaker 7: He's moving you a broken achilles.
Speaker 3: You also said that when he was at the Jets, I did first well because I same speech, different, But then he got hurt. He got hurt, so we don't know. He came running out and then what he did get on the field with the flag he did, he did all the three snaps, he was out, and he was out, So really I get a pass on that one. Then last year just didn't Really, I don't even know what to say about last year.
Speaker 7: People are putting pictures of super hippie chicks with like armpit hair and saying this is that's funny.
Speaker 9: Is married?
Speaker 3: Adn'ty day like some woman that was when in Irthy Witches he did, Yes, he did. He was dating a witch at one time. Yes, that's right, he said, And he says in this article, I didn't do myself any favors with some of the girls I dated. Uh in the public eye. Yeah, Danica Patrick trashed boy, she did. She basically said that what he sucks the life out of you. Yeah, I mean he's so he's so high made. She had one day ton if she had been dating. Well, no, that's true. I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't have a man crush on Aaron Rodgers and she. I mean, he's gonna be go down as a pretty darn good quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 14: Here she is.
Speaker 8: And so I'm just saying if he now behind now, now put him into a situation where the team is good and they're ready to get they're ready to go.
Speaker 3: Could be good or it could be real bad. I don't know. But does he have one left in him? Is the question? His best years are behind him? Yeah, I mean that's just he's forty one years old. Yeah, I mean, come on, it's only so much he can do it forty one.
Speaker 8: He gives ESPN something else to talk about besides Dak and the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I mean, every every every day you look up which does have right well coming back from its ASPN. When they panic, it's either the Cowboys, they talk about the Cowboys and Dak Prescott And if they really panic for some reason, they always fall back to is Lebron better than Jordan, which one's better? Gracious?
Speaker 6: So really the goat?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: By the way I said, if Aaron Rodgers keeps us up, he's gonna end up like big glue. That's good, you've got med. Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel delivers brutally honest take on star cornerback Jalen Ramsey's trade situation, and he says the Dolphins they mutually agreed to explore trade options heading into the twenty twenty five season, but that was almost two months ago. No deal has been made. Mike McDaniel doesn't seem worried, concerned, or any other you know, thing that would be worth looking at when it involves ramsey situation. He says, I don't give a blank about what's got of mouth, Yeah, but about what I feel. Because he was asked about what do you think about the trade dilemma? Don't I don't even really go down that road of how do I feel about it? My job is to react, control my controllables, and make sure people are moving in one direction appropriately. He's basically saying, look, I don't know how this trade will go, and I don't care. I'm not I'm not worried about it. Yeah. Well, I mean it's a business, and I guess he's saying I try to take the emotions out of it and just focus on moving forward. I got a job to do. I like that guy. He's interesting because he looks like he's about sixteen. Yes, what about when he sprints across the field at the end of the game full speed as fast as he can run with Joggers on. Yeah, and every now and then we'll interact with the fans and correct him if there's something wrong. I forgot about it. Remember that he goes out, Actually, we're actually moving the ball pretty good. You are incorrect? Uh, But now I don't I don't know. It's it sounds like Jalen Ramsey. I mean, I know he's good. But again, it goes back to the I think the all the other teams and including the Dolphins, are going are you still better than you are? Dramatic? You know?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you still more fine than you are? Crazy?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: You know? And I would say the same thing about Aaron Rodgers. Yeah, yeah, because he's gonna bring a lot. Yes, didn't got right out of the gate. He's already saying to do some secret marriage. Yeah, everybody's like, great, here we are. We are need to turn this thing around. Somebody telling his jobs on the line. Tom Somebody looked at Tomlin said to say, I told him. I tried to tell you. I know, I know we need to win.
Speaker 11: But this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 13: You better listen up.
Speaker 3: You know, like we say, all sign, you gotta.
Speaker 15: Find us.
Speaker 11: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us America. A brand new hour Speedy, Greg Andler all here, and we thank you for being with us again today. And we got a line of sil the cover. Andy Andrew's coming up, an opportunity for you to go head to head with Andy and see if you can outsmart him and find your way spend in that big wheel. Baby, here we go. Okay, so we got a number of things. We'll update your own. We'll have phones coming up, Hey burd Hey Burge coming up today to Wednesday, Bible study back today. That's noon Central, one o'clock Eastern on The Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel. And of course we have a lot of content there for you to enjoy. And this weekend we will not be giving you a new Strange Encounters. You need to go catch up on the four episodes that are already there. Tales from the camp House. Also, nothing new this weekend, but there's five episodes you can enjoy there. So we'll come back with a brand new Strange Encounters Lord Willing next weekend. So we want you to go. And boy, what a lot of I'm being feedback on that new podcast. Wow. So if you've missed some of that, catch it now? Do we have an update? Was? When did this thing happen? Speedy? You were telling me about you versus the weed eater? When did yesterday afternoon? Okay? So tomorrow?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wow? So this is this is your first show back after it happened. Yeah, and it's it's not what did happen? I don't really know.
Speaker 8: Something kicked back when I was weed eating and hit me in the cheek and I thought for a I thought, for a second, now I wear you know, I have oak leaves for eye protection, but I don't have the face shield. So y'all save your emails. I know I probably should have that, but I just.
Speaker 3: Don't and I don't want to get hurt. And I know I guess it'll be on me if if I do that, of course I don't weed it a whole lot. I can fix it with you. I cannot worry about it. Well, you know, I've had my weed eater years, but they're behind me, hopefully. But the well, if I need to fix it, if it can be fixed, I'll fix it. You know what the Phillips said, agrescient rencher some batteries.
Speaker 8: If it would have been in those cadges, I would have called you for help. But so something I don't know about y'all, but where I live, and and the rain that we've had so much rain that you can cut your grass and two days later it's like you hadn't cut it, you know. And so uh, there's this hill, this burn behind the house that just owns me and and it's my property, so I have to weed it.
Speaker 3: So every two weeks or so.
Speaker 8: I tried to get up there, and with the rain it kind of got away from me. So it's like almost, you know, knee high, and I'm up there and I get I get to the I get to the top and and I and I hit something.
Speaker 3: You have cleats, Yeah, so he wa when he goes to this hill, Yeah, you'll fall You have your cleats. I had grabed some of the boys baseball cleats from back, you know when they and did you cover up your little bird legs? No, they were exposed. Well you got your exposed legs weeding and all that. Yeah, well I'm not, but I'm not in rocks or apparently you were in something. Your face has got a big web on it, and that's what I'm saying. I hit something in the weeds and it came up on me and hit me in the cheek, and I had to stop because it's like, you know, it's not like I almost got knocked out, But for a second, You're like, what just happened?
Speaker 8: And so I started feeling. I start feeling my cheek, and I thinking, am I bleeding?
Speaker 3: You know? Did it me?
Speaker 8: I mean it, y'all? It hit me good. And so I'm like, well, I just got to go ahead and finish. But I kept touching my cheek to see if I felt blood or anything. Yeah, exactly my left cheek, and I could tell it was a little swollen. Did it rally a little bit like you got bunch?
Speaker 3: Yes it did. It did had called big glue and and so uh, and so I go in uh, after I'm finished to shower up, And that was the first chance I had to look, and and it's gone down.
Speaker 8: A lot, but it was all it was all whelped up. And you know, as we get older, you know, hey, you'll bleed if you don't watch it.
Speaker 3: You know, you got that little skin, yeah, then little fragile And so I was so I cut my seven a second now, Yeah, So I thought maybe that it had cut because it felt that way.
Speaker 8: I didn't know, you know, I'm like, am I am? I open here? I mean, what happened? So I kept kept touching it, thinking my turn it off. It's idling now, and so I'm I'm continuing. You know, you're still You wouldn't have known because she didn't come, you know, out at all, just to make sure I didn't slid down the hill.
Speaker 3: But that's fine. Did you did you did you look down? Did you look down looking for what hitch? Yeah? I did. I looked around, like what could that have been?
Speaker 8: Now I still don't know, but obviously it was something you know, hard that that it slung up on.
Speaker 3: For sure, it slung up off the weed eater. It was not some rogue hornet or some flying bug. I don't think flying something hit you, an airborne animal or some sword on it. It's a rock. I'm done it. Yeah, I can also not long after I moved into the house I live in now, I was weed eating and shot a rock through the front door, crushed in the glass. Pay attention.
Speaker 7: My dad hit a dog pile one time, scent it up his leg. Yeah, he didn't know he was in the grass.
Speaker 3: Break back to Speed's Cleat. If you'll remember, he used to tell us about it, and for some reason he we call him still Toadlets and we're going, what are you talking about? But he meant still Spikes. You remember that he kept calling him Still.
Speaker 8: Said it like a couple of times and years ago, and he had forgot so long ago, so long ago, I think I had hair.
Speaker 3: It's like a freaking elephant got him Still toad Cleat still start writing stuff that.
Speaker 7: I didn't work here when that happened.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were like in Auburn. It was right after Taylor was born. You never gotten so you could not identify Look at his face, Greg, you got a little well, still still can't identify cut little well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I don't know if y'all have chores around the house that you just You're like, oh, that heel.
Speaker 3: Is and I'm like, gosh, I'm mighty here I go, I'm off in it, and I put my still toad cleats on and go. That's right. As a throw back, you would be real serious when you caught him still to be. I want to ask you about that too, did you did you have you said you had had safety glasses on?
Speaker 8: Yes, I have regular, just regular regular sunglasses, just like Oakley's, just big, thick regular sunglasses. Yeah, I guess so. Actually their old baseball sunglasses when the boys are they still tow glasses.
Speaker 3: No know how you would wear that. But what I'm talking about is if that rock had hit them sunglasses, Yeah, they were not official safety glass. What I'm getting to probably you could probably get around. I don't wear lost to night. I did the same thing, But you could have lost the nine man, could have lost eye. You think you being here today with the.
Speaker 8: Patch, I think that might have That might have stopped it. Now you I don't know the way it hit me though, comes around and goes. It was one of those things and I finished up, you know, didn't run inside and cry or anything, but It's just it was the investigation of like what was I start looking down.
Speaker 3: Like where did it go? What you need to start doing just to be is a good You need to wear goggles and a face shield.
Speaker 8: Is that what you let me know when you're out in the or drive mine and looking at Yeah, so now I know that we're to because they're protected still to you get out and we need some I know that I got that one corner. You will never that Lisa gets upset. I need to hit that right now, you see?
Speaker 3: Is that you or is that the only yard? Is it ever gonna get drying up? For something?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 3: I keep Is that what you keep saying? Yeah, well, look there was there was a pack.
Speaker 8: There was a patch of about a day where it had and rain and I and I knew that all the weeds were gonna be wet and it was gonna be a bip. But I'm like, I gotta get it. I not, it's gonna control something you got hit in the face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's the most of my yard you can get after like one day of drying, But then there's parts that you're just gonna have to wait. Yeah, because it's a little wet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, boy, it was so wet. It's just everything sticking to it. It was, it was, But I mean going in you just like and we all got it around the house.
Speaker 3: Is that one thing You're like.
Speaker 8: Gosh, almighty, here we go and then again get popped it.
Speaker 3: But what bothered me the most, I still don't know if it was a rock, which it was? Where is it? Where it was? Had to be a good one, there was. I was not around rocks. Oh there's always rocks. There's always rocks and album you see your face? No that wow, got a little mark, got a little mark there.
Speaker 2: You gotta crying a little bit.
Speaker 3: You got crying a little bit. Squalors a little.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess Show loaded with caffeine. I'm ready for another hour. This is no Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: In America here. Thanks for being with us. Much still to do. If you miss anything on the show, you know the Davy Archives got that coverage for you. You don't have to worry about that. So if you are out there and you're you're thinking, I don't know about taking these shots. I mean you've seen some people have great success with them, and good for them, and hopefully there won't be any bad side effects. You know, for some people, there are you know, we'll see over a long period of time. But but maybe you're just thinking real expensive. Maybe that's just it. You don't you're not even worried about health concerns. You're just like real expensive. Uh. Maybe you've been down the road like I have been down the yo yo dieting. You know, you take the weight off, you put the weight back on, and it's it's very very bad for our health. It increases, you know, a chance for a stroke, cardiac event, type two diabetes. But but there may be another another solution. Take Lian dot com, Takelean dot com. Go there, use our code. Big VOTs get twenty percent off with our code. This is it's more of a natural way to accomplish with these g l p ones are doing, but without the injection, meaning your appetite without diet pills is better.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a more natural It's it's a little bit slower as far as the weight come off, but it's going to come off at a pace that keeps you motivated. But it's going to be healthier. Uh, and it's also going to what be long lasting. This is something you can actually live with. We have an emailer here who said, I've struggled to get weighed off and and lean has been what I considered to be a lifesaver. I've been losing a couple of pounds a week. Uh and and even have some weeks a little bit more and I'm thrilled. It's a it's an amazing product that's from Kelly. I immediately noticed an energy boost. And that's another thing. You ever tried to do a diet and you're like, I just got no energy, man? Uh, Well with this you'll you'll have that good clean energy too to get done what you got to get done. Find the link also at rickburgessshow dot com. All right, so emails pouring in, and we let's get caught up on that with a little bit of a little bit of hay birds here. I did not know this. The emailers know everything.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 3: The combination of the hay bird and the text nation. I mean, you can get informed on so many things now they're not afraid to be a little quick. But this is I didn't know this. Hayburd hay birds from Brady. Did you know birds that you have now been interviewed by a Miss America. Uh no, no, Terry from the seven hundred Club. Lady yesterday who interviewed you was Miss America nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 11: How about that.
Speaker 3: I did not know that her maiden name is I can't even pronounce it. It's Adler, it's m E e U W s E Nmuson. Yeah, she's she's now fred U. Yeah, there she is there, she is Miss America's the lady you talked to. Yes, yeah, I did not know. She did a great job. Yeah, great interview, changed a bit, great interview. She you could tell she took the time to read the book and she did a really good job. I did not know that. Well, how about the put that put that on the list, put it on the resume? Interviewed by a form of Miss America. If you would have showed up with that information the way, I didn't realize I was America. Come on, Brady, Yeah, I needed that before the interview. I don't know why I was. My mind went there.
Speaker 8: But you know they had their voice, guy, you know cut your intro, you know New York Times. You know this deep voice, and I thought to myself, I wish that was Gary's voice.
Speaker 3: Hey, coming up next? Ain't gonna talk to Rick, right, yeah, but I mean same copy everything, just have Gary. So how about that? Did not know that? Thank you Brady?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: That's selling out there right? Hey bird Hey birds, Arthur? Was it sleepy Rick at the seven Hendred Club? Are you just pulling a Greg with the TV lights? Looks it looked a little squinty. No, I'm always, He's always. I'm always. That is nothing normal if you are a birdess man, you squint? I tell you makeup look good? Didn't that look Good't wait? I can't wait to break sep. I will say this, like I told y'all when I checked back in, they came in there to look at my here and just kind of like him you may I Fanzi used to do in the mirror. He'd put his come up and go, I can't, I can't make it any better. He was so excited about it and how it looked. He told me that he's going to require us on YouTube to have makeup every day. Really, what my forehead needs? Did I get that every day? None of us are ever going to go going down there. Look, we're on YouTube, we're watched out by the lights. So what Yeah, Okay, I mean that's I just did this. I moved that help Yeah oh yeah, uh came. But anyway, that's from Josh. Seriously, though, I am digging the show. Uh and look at this is good guys. I want you to hear this from Josh. We're getting this a lot. I've been a long time listener. I was apprehensive about the change, but but I love I love this show. It has a great rhythm. I love its energy. If that makes any sense. Yeah, sure, and and said, so how about this? Now? This I love because you start thinking we things we're going to think about, and like I say, we're grateful and celebrating and love are pass but listen to this. My only complaint is I've always been a podcast listener, and I was so accustomed to fast forwarding through all the political portions of the show. I didn't have to spend as much time on it. Now there's nothing that I want to fast forward through. And now I'm struggling to get enough sleep. Yeah, so affecting their sleep? About that, He's basically saying, I wish YA would do more things that I don't care about. Sorry, so sorry, sorry, sorry about that. Let's see, this was a good one. We've talked about this before, but James says, hey bird, hey burge, am the only one that finds it conspicuous that every time there's some sort of stand for America that suddenly there's several thousand people that conveniently have free time to go march and shout like Hulians and burn a city down. Does this feel stage to anyone but me? Maybe there's just a lot more people that have all the time in the world to do nothing than those of us that work and have three kids. That's a fact or that's their paying job, right, that's what they did.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, so that's some are being paid.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, some are being paid.
Speaker 8: And I don't know who's dropping off all the bricks and yeah, and stuff like that video on that eighteen wheeler back and.
Speaker 3: Then hey bird, hey burge.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: I didn't start drinking drinking coffee till I was in preaching school. I had an instructor that always warned me, as you said yesterday, you didn't trust DCAF coffee. My teacher actually said about DCAF coffee, don't trust anything that has ninety seven percent of its active ingredient removed. You can't trust that's a good point and that great brick on that subject. Have you ever watched Speedy because he's trying to be a coffee drinker now, and I respect that, but watch him fighter his coffee. I have, I have, I've off he wants to be a coffee drinker, but he really?
Speaker 8: Do you do anything else besides the stare at me where you're right beside me?
Speaker 3: If you missed going I thought you were choking. It was just bitter. It was hot. Yeah, hot, looks not the wrong one, but hot. Greg used to not drink coffee. I'm talking about it. I drank it. Drink five years yeah, no longer than that, now, Greg, I was in my forties. I'm sixty now, No, it's been fifteen years. I was the only one that drank it was on the show when I came going down. I never made the face speak and I came to the show. I was the only one that drank coffee on it. Hey, Bird, it was hot, Greg, No, it's fine. Look you're you're getting this. I drink it black. I don't put anything in it. Well you should, if you're going to work your way in, you wouldn't have that bitter butt face. But but hey, Bird, Hey Birds, Greg lock Away, don't stare at me all the time, Greg, maybe dad knew something and never told us. Loving the new show and all the stories about your dad, did you know that myth Busters did an episode on running in the rain actually get you wetter than walking? Really? So your dad not only was manly, he was smart. He was smart beyond his years. He might have been teaching a lesson, sure, but he also might have been doing it for a practical reason. So we are lacking the the men in society, so you get less Jawn. Yeah, Text Nation has sent us information on that before. If they've done a MythBusters them, Actually, the more frantic you are, look that'll preach, the more fearful and frantic you are, actually the wetter you're getting.
Speaker 6: Oh, lut that down.
Speaker 7: They made a hungerd foot indoor course with manufactured rain and it showed that running in the rain resulted in more rain being collected on the.
Speaker 3: Clothes compared to Walt meg Wow. Bottom of the hour, Did you have chill?
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess Show, Can't Get out of the Car, Funny, the Ricky Busy Show.
Speaker 3: I'm about in America. Thank you for being with us. Hopefully you're thinking to your ship, I mean, what am I gonna I can't miss this show? What am I gonna do? This? You can go back and catch it on the archives every day. If you've got to get to work, I mean, you've got to make a living, get out of the car, go in. You can go back and pick up that that archive on the YouTube or podcast channel every day. A couple of things to point out of Pearl Mississippi. What up you know where? Pearl Misissippius? Pearl Mississippi. I'll be going there, Lord Willing on the twenty first of June, which will be is that a week from Friday or week from.
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty first is a week from Saturday, a week from Saturday.
Speaker 3: So looking forward to being with all of you there at Park Place Baptist Church, their next Man Church gathering. I think this is kicking off of your two for them. I'm pretty sure. And I'll be there so, Lord Willing, and if so, check all the details at the manchurch dot com under events. We have an update. Does everybody remember the raccoon woman we got? We had a raccoon with a meth pipe. Yeah, everybody remember that. The footage was hilarious.
Speaker 6: Reason I stopped here.
Speaker 7: You were suspended with a warrant for your arrest. And the raccoon her meth pipe.
Speaker 3: That's right, her pipe.
Speaker 6: He's played with a meth pipe right now.
Speaker 11: There's no.
Speaker 3: Did that guy get a little girl? He got a little enough in games, so believe it or not, and this shows you you you would. We're in a time now where as we've mentioned for for a long time, since we've been doing this for a living. I don't know what happened to shame. I really don't. Shame has left the building. There No one says I'm ashamed of how I'm behaving. I'm so ashamed that I was in this. I'm ashamed that I am so far gone that I've got meth pipes laying around in my car, and for some reason, I have a raccoon in here that is actually playing with meth pipes. There's a raccoon and two dogs and shutting around with two The response to being the police dealing with you over all this would have been for most normal people. I need to go away and I don't ever need to be seen or heard from until I have my act together and then I'll resurface right, yeah, to believe it or not. The woman who owns the raccoon says she's not giving a raccoon up. I think crazy. I don't know raccoon rules, you know. I know, if this was a domesticated dogger, well you don't domesticate cats. But you know what I mean, your dog cat world. Once you leave dog cat world with me, I don't really know where what to me. It's it's I don't It's like no rules. I don't know what the rules are. But I love the fact that her fear of giving up the raccoon. I want to understand the conditions the raccoon is in now. I mean, this raccoon's got a better shot to live just being released back to the wild. Okay. Her concern they're going to euthanize my raccoon, well, she just loves the raccoon, said, when did you start start caring about the plight of the raccoon. It didn't. It didn't appear that his life with you or her female raccoon, I don't know if it's a male or female. I'm not gonna be the one to check, but I'm thinking, are you acting like that you're like real responsible with everything. Yeah, and I think the raccoons got a better shot to be removed from you. Normal people have a hard time raising a raccoon, right, you know this woman, come on, euthanize them would be mercy.
Speaker 8: I can't believe she, like I said, she even has a choice to keep it. You would think they would just take it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she did get her on raccoon and endangerment.
Speaker 3: Well and this h This one also hurts. She admitted she did not have a permit to keep the animals a pet and vow to never never surrender Chewy, her raccoon. I'm going I'm going to board myself up in my house. What and like hand out weapons. Nobody's taking Chewy. You'll pry him from our cold dead hands. Ye, stand off, I don't have a permit. He's playing with a meth pipe. But I'm not surrendering to wildlife officials. What grounds do you have? Nothing to stand on? You gotta give That is kind of cool, though, because I mean that's a grown raccoon. It's in there hanging out with dogs and just like a regular I mean she must obviously got it when it was a baby. Well, I mean, raccoons don't use to hang.
Speaker 8: Out with dogs, but I do put a raccoon in that category of if it snaps, you don't want to trust you.
Speaker 3: Chewy could just say that this ironic. It's name is Chewy and it was literally chewing on a meth pipe up in the state where she lives allows raccoons to be kept as pets if they're bought from an approved breeder and the owners. Whether she did, she has no permit, I mean, but maybe she did.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 3: Wild caught raccoons can legally be kept as a pet if you brought it out of the wild, no matter when you can't keep it. Is she claiming it's a service pet or something, Well that just stand by for that. Well it keeps up with her pipe for cause she loses. But what but what I don't get? Where is the obviously? You know, have you ever tried to talk to somebody and help them, And as we this is not a new concept. You can't help anyone until they acknowledge they need help. Have you ever tried to point to the obvious things that go Hey, you got to turn it around here. You remember this Greg, and you remember this person I was trying to address probably didn't have the best credibility at the time, somebody that was in our circle, uh, in one of our bands that clearly had a drinking problem. Oh yeah, you remember this. Yeah, And so I'm trying to have this talk with him. I didn't say I had the best of credibility, but we were talking about you were talking to him, no compared compared to us. It was it was, you know, this is the finish we need to talk. This is this is like this is like after in the middle of the of the set, you know, you know, losing control of yourself and wetting yourself on the stage kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Okay, and so that did happen. And so so I was talking to him. It's about a thousand degrees. Okay, it's in July. It's a thousand degrees. And he was he was disagreeing with me that he had a problem. And and as we're talking, he pops out of the glove compartment a hot I mean, been in that Alabama car in the Alabama heat part in the glove compartment, parked no a c on. He reaches in there, pops it out of his car. As we're standing beside it talking and begins to drink it. And I said, you're literally drinking a hot black label, caring black Carlon black label beer that you got out of your glove compartments. And it's in the middle of the day. What do you don't you see this? It's not even, it's not even, and it's not even a good label. No, it's not a good I mean, it's so anyway, I don't know why this woman doesn't see I'm probably I probably shouldn't have dogs, cats or raccoons. I shouldn't have I should not be in charge of anything. No, nothing should be depending on me to I get my act together, including a raccoon.
Speaker 8: Just roll video. Sit down and we're going to roll this video of you being arrested. Have you raccoons holding the crack?
Speaker 3: But but I want to tell all of you when people are like this and they're they're they won't just acknowledge we call it to come on out, y'all got us, and they just won't say I need help, I got problems. Everything should be removed from me too. I get my act together. If you can't make them see it, you can't. And now when someone says I see it and I want help, man, let's all go in and help. But when they can't, when they want to acknowledge they need help, and they keep justifying their behavior. I mean, you're going to have to give up now. If they're living in Justification City limit, it's over. There's nothing you can do until that stops. You see text Nation, someone says they're an animal control officer, and it seems like everybody with a dependence on a substance seems to have a dependent on an animal type. Yeah, it's like they match up. No, you're right, I've noticed that too. We've mentioned that before. We've all talked about this. You know that person that's in the family or is just an acquaintance or even at one time a friend, I don't know what it is. Animal control officer, I agree with you. It seems like the very people that the last thing they need is the responsibility of animals seem to always have animals. Yeah, you think to yourself, you're you're literally standing here with a sign that says food please, and you've got an animal I mean that also needs food. Just everybody out there, if you can't feed yourself because all your money is going to drugs. Don't take on an animal. You can't handle that. That's not the best thing for the animal, not the best thing for you, because you got to come up with some more money. And apparently every time you get money, you smoke. You smoke it, okay, or you do something with it. And I agree with you. I've noticed that too. They seem to always have animals. You go to the most run down, decrepit crack house and there's always there's always dogs. There's always animals. How about that big chain they got them all. Yes, you're right, so it's great. So there you go. But but you got Somebody said it is impressive that you got a raccoon to hang out with two dogs. That is true. That doesn't have it. Look, maybe three days worth of trash and the two dogs in the raccoon should be riding to the grocery store in the car, you know, with crack pipes everywhere, probably math whatever. We'll be back, so she says, she's not gonna give up the coon, not gonna give it up. We'll be right back.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess Show. God fearing and America loving the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: So here we go, all right, So working our way back. We've run down a lot Andy Andrews coming up later on be True or b as your chance to out smart Andy and get a shot at the wheel today and pick up a subscription to Wisdom Harbor. All that coming up a little bit later on in the program. So we've covered quite a bit. So let's go a little bit over to what's happening in the world today.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: The ongoing feud between Trump uh and Elon Musk seems to be de escalating now. Elon Musk says that he he should not have put out the post attacking the president, that he went too far. Uh, and he's trying to now step down from the feud. You know that that's you know, this is the times we live in uh. And Elin, like a lot of people, you know, we now can rush out to social media, and we can shoot ready aim before we really thought through what we're doing, and we just can't wait to get bad information out there or to show ourselves out there.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 3: And he says, I regret some of my posts about President Donald Trump last week. They went too far. Uh. And so he didn't get specific about which ones went too far, but I think we can probably figure that out on our own. Yeah, uh, that pretty easy. And yeah, and you said, Greg, some of them were so bad it's gonna be really hard to walk them back. Yeah. That the whole Epstein thing was pretty ugly. That's hard to walk impeachment impeacha one. Yeah, that's a bad one.
Speaker 8: Look, the whole Epstein thing, I know, was very personal. But you know, we brought this up when when it kind of happened. I know, you can, you know, just like spontaneously send something, but it seemed like, I won't say it was orchestrated, but it just seemed weird how it happened, almost like it wasn't planned or a distraction. But I mean, Greg, do you do you feel like at all that it was some type of like fake feud or some to maybe get to get the pressure off of Elon from the left.
Speaker 3: I don't see the point, I know what you telling me, because of blowing up its cars and everything. Yeah, but then did you see what his stock did when he did this? Yeah? Ever further? Yeah, so I'm not sure that I don't know it just it just seemed weird to me that all of a sudden this happened the way it happened. But I you know, it could just be what it is. But when I look at you and go, so you said the Epstein files have not been released because I'm on it. Yeah, that hurt. Yeah, well I have to ask again, if you're going to go conspiracy theory, you have to show me what the end game was. Yeah. Them feuding benefits who? Yeah, I don't understand why the fake feud benefits anybody. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, like I said, I think it could be that it just didn't work out. But to just get the pressure off of Elon, his stocks went down. But if you notice, his Tesla dealerships aren't on fire anymore.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 3: But I'm not going to cut a deal with you that you're gonna accuse me of being like I said, Like I said, I just said that a file. Why don't you just go This budget is wasteful. We're trying to do away with waste. Support it. You don't need to support it. Yeah, I was, I was. I was on the fake feud train for just a minute when it just dealt with the budget. Yeah, when Epstein stuff came out and called for impeachment and all that, I was, like, I honestly honestly think get the end of all. I think you've got somebody who, as I said, maybe can be unpredictable, uh and overreact, and I think he did. Yeah, And I don't. I don't. I don't buy it because if you go do pro wrestling, you're gonna get the script down and we're all gonna agree on the script. And I'm not gonna allow in the script that you accused me of being involved with Epstein. I'm not. I'm not putting that into now.
Speaker 8: The other now, the other side of the of everything is I've heard this one too. The Epstein thing was just to get the names released so Trump can prove he's not on it, and it was it was to push that through. I mean, there's everybody has a conspiracy theory. I was just asking the question. It just seemed like it. It came out of nowhere, and and it was a few that was like, what's up with this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And there there are so many people that want to jump on this at every level, this four D chess thing, claiming that Trump everybody elon or they're not playing just three D chests, they're playing for DJs And this is all planned and on.
Speaker 6: Purpose I don't buy that. I don't think that's the case.
Speaker 7: I think we had a guy, a genius, rich dude who's used to popping off on his on the social media network that he owns uh and he went too far.
Speaker 3: He that was stupid he did. He didn't get his way completely, and he didn't want to hear the pragmatic part of it. He only wanted to talk the ideology part of it. And he pitched a fit. And and and because of some of the things that he has in his personality. I tried to explain that a week or so ago, change doesn't sit well. And and he had how he thought this was going to go, and he didn't go exactly the way he wonted and he pitched a fit. That's what I think. I don't think he is more.
Speaker 8: Compact and who wasn't with the administration. They said they got into a huge argument.
Speaker 6: I saw.
Speaker 7: I think it was Scott best best sent best sent.
Speaker 8: Trump was asked about that that did it get physical, like was it of physical altercation and he said yeah, he said it didn't get physical, but it was there was a huge argument.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I never did explain that black Ey did.
Speaker 7: There was claims of body checking in the halls of the White habit between Scott best Sent or Bestent or have which we've played a couple of clips of him, and so you know, we we both agree. And the thing is, both of these guys probably agree on a whole whole host of things as well. Supposedly Treasury Secretary Scott best Sent called Elona fraud supposedly in the halls and things got chippy chimpy.
Speaker 6: That's all speculation.
Speaker 7: There's no from what I understand, no video or or.
Speaker 3: Confirmed, so a coordinate nothing. Well, as Greg pointed out and text nations here, lizards can be crazy and predictable. They can, guys, they can. So that all show you can't say certain things to them. All show this weekend, Trump warns any potential protesters at his military parade will be met with very big force. So we're having a military parade.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is the military parade we talked about earlier that he announced they were having it.
Speaker 3: Then only two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Army I believe, I can't remember, but the fifty birthday. And we're going to do this in Washington. Yeah, and and and so there's this there's this organization nationwide that you haven't alluded to Rick about how organized some of these protesters are in LA. Some of the reporters are even saying they're wearing body armor and they've got face mask and it's just very orchestrated. And like Dallas, Louisville, Atlanta, Chicago, New York, Seattle, I mean, it's all wretch Denver. They're already organizing nationwide protests this weekend to kind of be similar to what LA is going through now. And so they were now they're talking about how there might be protests on this military parade in d C. And he's just warning everybody don't don't, don't try it. Yes, is what I saw. Yeah, it's supposed to be. It's their two hundred and fiftieth birthday. Were talking about just the army, and it's to showcase the Army's modern capabilities and inspire a new generation to you know, to want to be part of what we do militarily. So that's what it is. And we'll see if any of these protesters come out for that event. If they do, you know, there's no telling what's going to happen, he says, it will be handled severely and quickly. The we have the LA mayor that you know is trying to deal with this stuff in LA. And we have one of the officers that was part of the Rodney King riots and he says, once again, this mayor has reacted way too late. He let it get too far down the road. And to try to turn it back now with just local law enforcement, he said, you should and jumped on that long before you did. And local law enforcement it's beyond what they can do now. He waited too lately. And so that's why you're gonna need that we have the National Guard, the Marines, things like that, because to handle it locally, that that that windows closed.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 13: You better listen up. You know what we say, Alas I'm gonna you gotta find.
Speaker 11: Broadcasting from the world The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you America for being with us today. Much to uh to continue to do. You're missing the show. The Archives got your cover there Wednesday, Bible study back today noon sinceral one o'clock Eastern. We continue to walk through the provocative book of Job.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: You don't catch it there, catch it on the Archives later on the YouTube channel or also today on our podcast channel, not not long after the live Bible stuff. Okay, so as we start this hour, and it already has happened to me, and you know, I've seen similar scams, so I knew that it was a scam, but I will tell you it looks really real. It looks real. Uh So watch it. Massive d MV phishing scam tricks drivers with fake text I've got one. I got one this, I got one this past weekend, but I got one yesterday. Yeah, and it claims the DMV you got to report there because of an outstanding parking ticket, some sort of violation, traffic violation of some kind, unpaid ticket.
Speaker 2: I got it to.
Speaker 3: Yesterday and you want to hadn't paid it? Wow, you didn't get you didn't get fooled.
Speaker 2: I paid it.
Speaker 3: I paid it, Yeah, all caught up. You know what he paid it? Sadly, Greggory paid it in bitcoin. He did U to go to win Dixie. No, but so this is another one. You know, we've already seen the toe Bridge people that claim that you you know, you didn't pay a toll, the jury duty they actually call you. Yeah, this one is just saying you have some sort of traffic violation. And last you've got to pay it now or you're in trouble. You gotta pay it now. And it'll even have your d m v's website come up. It will and it looks real. Not click on that. No, don't click on that. That's a fake link. Don't do it, aler, don't addler. I'm watching you do it. Don't do it. What you do, what you're eating. But I mean some brisket, Okay, it's pretty good. I missed that yesterday, and about that sursage just picked up a little bit. I decided to pass on the sausage. Delicious if y'all are here. That's why I passed on the sausage, because y'all are here. Let me tell you this. If I was in my room by myself doing the show again, i'd have something, but not in here into medallions and you're gonna eat it here, You're gonna have to cut it up. Yeah, it's crucial to cut that image, especially because when you walk out with it, Greg starts kind of drafting behind you. Yeah. But anyway, so what you're gonna get, uh, it's gonna see right now, targeting all of us in Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Florida, New York, California, Illinois, New Jersey, Virginia, Colorado, Vermont, Texas, North Carolina. And they don't have Alabama on it is there. It is even Washington outstanding more and they and they scare you because you're like, oh no, because let's face it, there there. The reason why of these things have some success rate is a lot of us will go, wait a minute, did I get a parking ticket?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, did I pay my whatever? Uh So, just no one, if you're in trouble with the law or in trouble on something, you're gonna start getting stuff in the mail. You're gonna start being contacted. They're not gonna send you a ink that says, hey, you can handle this right here. So just know that that's out there and and people are are falling victim to it. And I and I got one, and it really does look it looks legit. It looks legit.
Speaker 8: So I was trying to find it, but I think I deleted it and reported it as junk.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did. I didt me tell you something your cross hairs today, Arena, Yeah, he has got he's right so I know you can look at my eyes and I'm staring right that mark. Guys, I want to go ahead. And you know, sometimes things seem like they're pretty obvious. Okay, but I know this is a bit of a Debbie, a Debbie downer for the it's five o'clock somewhere people. You know, even Adler's wearing a shirt celebrating that today. Yeah, alcohol is just not faring well when it comes to health. Greg the Surgeon General has now released and it advisory linking alcohol consumption not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, seven types of cancer. And it is they they are finding what they think is going to be a possible link and that they are getting ready and it's already been published in one journal in the p l O. S Medicine. They went ahead. They've already classified alcohol is a carcin a carcinogen. Wow, it's highlighting a particular increased risk of pancreatic cancer, which is that you don't want that one, so said. We've already known that it was considered a carcinogen, but until now the evidence linking it to pancreatic cancer has been considered inconclusive we are no longer feeling that way, and also tied to six other types of cancer. That's a big that's a big in there. Somebody right now with a bloody Mary or a Mimosa's going Yeah. Funniest line I heard on my journey on commercial airlines one of the I don't remember what flight it was, guys sitting right across from me, and this line owned me. So the flight attendant comes over and he says he wants he would like to participate in the alcohol options. So and it was morning. I mean we were okay. So it must have been the first flight out because we left it five in the morning Central. I mean it. I mean, guys, we've only been in the air half hour probably okay, and uh and he he has to tell you what since this morning? Let me have a mimosa. Go light on the orange juice. Let go light on the orange juice, go heavy on the champagne. So but anyway, just another f y alcohol consumption, not faring well when it comes to hell. Stand by for next year. It'll be healthy. You know, alcohol trying to make a gas what you're hoping for it For a little while, you remember red wine for a little while. They thought they had it. They thought they had it, and they thought they were and now it's starting to kind of come upon them. Yeah, I mean whatever, somebody's showing us. They got that text we're talking about on the scam right there, that's the one. That's the one you get right there. Taxation, that'll do it. You got you gotta get it. You gotta keep your eye on that one. So just here's the bottom line. Anytime an agency is texting you saying click here and get this resolved, don't do that.
Speaker 7: Speaking of Uh, honestly, if they're if this seems like somebody is like doing a good job of coming after you and like working hard at it, it's a scam. If it seems like there's a government official that's like really on top of things, really on top of it, you really coming.
Speaker 6: After you, Yeah, it's a scam.
Speaker 3: You are correct. And anytime the government looks like that they are really on top of it, it can't be real.
Speaker 6: No, it is. It is fake.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So so so there we go. So that's those are a couple of things that are out there today that are that are kind of updates. Uh, we get into more next we chat with you because you've always got stuff to say, America. Here's the number eight eight eight, the number six big box. Unscreened phone calls are coming up next Andy Andrew's coming up next hour, so that'll be another opportunity for you to get to maybe a spin on the old wheel. She's got a little cold again, but she've been putting cash out relatively a lot.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table? Call no and get on the show. One eight eight eighths six big fogs.
Speaker 3: Here we go, brand new day. Thank you for being with us, America. As we work through another show today, it's time for you to speak. Unscreened phone calls coming now. If you dial them up, remember you're just gonna hear ringing, and then we work through them and we screen them on the flop MyPillow dot com slash big Vox bringing you the show. Been with us for a while. The best sheets you've ever slept on are Giza Dream bed Sheets, and they are the best sheets ever. Right now. You can order them in any size, any color for forty nine to ninety eight, any size, any color. This is a steal four hundred thread count made from the absolutely best cotton in the world from Giza. Now we're talking about Queens Kings, Kings, California Kings, any size, any color, forty nine to ninety eight. Stock up now. Supply is limited and they're not gonna be here. If you're number, they're not gonna be there very long. If your orders over one hundred dollars, you receive one hundred dollars in free digital gifts too. MyPillow dot com, slash big Box, or just use the link right there, rickburgesshow dot com under the sponsor's button. To the phones, we go, Hello, You're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 17: Hey, Rick. I wanted to say how proud I am of you. I called y'all a couple months ago saying that I couldn't understand the difference between big Vox or big Box. Correct, and I've got to tell you you're doing a great job. I noticed that you put the tiniest break between the G and the V, and even sometimes you hang on the V and you go big Vox.
Speaker 3: So way to go, man, I appreciate that. Thank you so much. We thank you absolutely yes, and Happy Pride Month. To you. We continue Rick Burgers Show. Thank you, Steward. Rick Bircher's show on screen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, goes Hey buddy.
Speaker 4: Everything good.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 15: I just want to tell you I'm enjoying your show, really love it a lot. I gotta tell you a quick story about a toll bridge that I got something in the mail. I went down close to Freeport, Florida.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 15: It said that I owed over three hundred dollars in toll fees. And I knew it was a scale. Sure, yeah, I knew it was a scam. Right, so I waited three months later get another. You know, they were gonna I guess tahm in the court. I don't know, but come to find out it wasn't me. But I looked and it was a little great camery and six times someone that went through there. And the last time I've seen a little arm come up with the middle finger coming through.
Speaker 2: Right, it was my daughter.
Speaker 15: She was going through the fast pass going to see her grandma that lives in pre Poort Plata.
Speaker 3: Oh man, So that one came in the mail. That's a little different. Rick Burdess Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 14: Yes, good morning everyone, wet come. Want to call for about a month and say this, but on Broner's birthday you were talking about it and talking about people asking you if you got angry with God and everything, and it just so happened just when the audio version and the book was coming out and all, and it just seemed very fitting that men don't walk in the rain and men don't men don't get angry at God.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for that. Yeah, men don't run in the rain. I understand what you mean. You know, trust me. I inverted two letters trying to talk, so I know on the fast you messed things up. But thank you for that. Yeah, it all kind of came together and we we learned that, you know why, it being lived out from with our dad. So I appreciate that very much. Rick Birger's show unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 18: Ahead, Thank you, Hey, Greg, what did you think about the show last night at the Thousand Pounds Sisters.
Speaker 3: I'll have to watch it tonight. It comes on after my bedtime, so I'll catch it tonight. Oh so you've taped it? Oh yeah, sure, every every week. So really, guys that when you want these updates Greg's not going to be up for it, so really, Thursday's show is always going to be Greg's up there. Yeah yeah, i'd alway watch it tonight. I have it on DVR, and Adler gets a kick out of when he says DVR work. What's wrong with it? I think it's pretty good. They probably got an app. You could just watch it like the regular You don't have to record a great Yeah, but it's pretty awesome. I can control, man, buddy, I control it. I control it through the breaks.
Speaker 6: I'm glad that VCR tape still works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, you just let me worry about the sisters.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, Hey, Master be all this morning. Hey if Andy Andrews, when Andy Andrews comes on, please for all the love that's good, get him to tell the story about the first time he sang amazing grace in church.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, it sounds like Okay, that sounds fantastic. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 18: So I've been trying to call y'all since Friday. This is actually y'all. Remember Dustin Connell's social media guy. That's that's me.
Speaker 3: Yes, how we go we were, we were in We're doing great.
Speaker 18: We were in Kentucky last week. It's just for Greg. By the way, we were in Kentucky last week and my.
Speaker 2: Wife made a joke.
Speaker 18: She said, Hey, if you're up there and you see you know, the thousand pounds sisters, you take a picture of him. I'm like, Kentucky is a huge state. Like, what are you talking about. We went through a drive through a McDonald's drive through. You are not gonna believe who took our credit card at McDonald's drive through?
Speaker 2: Is Chris?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 18: You the manager at McDonald's.
Speaker 2: And kid you not.
Speaker 6: You know when you you know, when you look at.
Speaker 18: Someone and like they recognize you, they have that look on their face.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 18: I gave him that look and he was like, please, don't do it. He gave me the same that. We had a conversation with our eyes like don't do it, Please don't.
Speaker 3: I would have asked him, I said, you gotta be Chris. Yeah.
Speaker 18: Well I told Dustin. Dustin didn't know who it was. I said, I said, hey, by the way, that guy right there on TLC every week, you know, when we're between the two windows, we got to the second window to get our food.
Speaker 3: And he asked that.
Speaker 18: He said, hey, he thinks that that guy back there's on TV and he said, she said, yeah, ask Chris like it was nothing, and we just we just drove off.
Speaker 3: He's my favorite one on the show. Yeah, yeah, yeah, how about that? That is right? Oh that's good. What would you have done?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh you get to park the car and going in with you TLC must not be you know, and in up like they should you out of side Jo. You think you really think that bunch cut a good deal? Probably not. We we continue Rick Birder's show unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 16: Hey guys, is Spruce Nashville. I love the show, love the love the extra room, the new voices have Rick. I need you to do something. I love your airport stories. Have you seen the movie Terminal with Tom Hanks?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I have. I walked out, I left, I couldn't. I coldn't fess. That's that's a true story, declares us. It's one of like two movies that I've ever just said I cannot be here, I gotta go and my life is wasting away. Because he is depicting the one of the worst things in society and that is being at these stupid airports and you can't get anywhere.
Speaker 16: Eighteen years, eighteen years, and it messed him up so bad. When they finally got him out, he was so mentally it messed with him that he went back and died in an airport.
Speaker 3: No, you're right, I saw that. I forgot about that, yesty, No way, Yes.
Speaker 16: Number in European country kicked him out and then he didn't have the papers to get in the US. And he got hung up at JFK for yeah, like eighteen years, and just he just became a part of the.
Speaker 7: Eighteen No, he lived in France for eighteen years.
Speaker 16: No, he was well, he was in JFK, and then he went back and died in the one in France or something.
Speaker 3: Like that, something in France. No, but Bruce, it's just it's just a place of anguish and despair. Yeah. I mean you say you got him and left. Yeah. I thought to myself, why am I watching this?
Speaker 7: I'm just I don't know anything about this. I'm just reading Wikipedia. But the film The Terminal is inspired by the true story of Miram Karimi Nasiri, who lived in Terminal, one of Paris's Charles Decuglu Airport from nineteen eighty eight to two thousand and.
Speaker 10: Terminal one.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. That don't even make sense, Greg, you didn't know something. It could be where Bruce is a little bit. He could because when they base it on a true story. They may have moved to JFK in the movie, but the original was in France the whole time, right right. That made me, you know, they're not doing exactly and they probably thought we would. Of course I lost interest anyway. It is one of the most boring movies and think about it, what can you do? No, It's one of those stories. It was one of those things when I was right in the middle of life, when you've got you know, tons of kids and your life. You're always on the go, and for something something happened. The kids and Sherry were all gone and you're in there by yourself, and I was I was like, well, I'll go see a Tom Cruise movie, Tom Hanks's movie. And I got in there and I thought, wait a minute, I don't have a wife or kids right now, and I'm in this and and you know, because it worked, I'm out. One time that happened and I went to see The Patriot, and it was thrilling. That's what you do, and I enjoyed the experience. I thought, I'm gonna try to see if I can't recreate that. But the problem is you have to have a good movie for that to be good. And so what I thought was, wait a minute, and this is the problem with me in airports and movies about airports, is my life is not accomplishing. I'm losing life. Yeah, I'm literally losing life. I'm not accomplishing anything. You got to have explosion trapped in here. Yeah, you're not even in the world. Now you're trapped. You're incarcerated. Got it.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess show. He doesn't have CD He just likes things to be a certain way.
Speaker 3: Rick Burgess, great question from the text Nation a Bird. What's more boring? The terminal or castaway? I gotta say the terminal. I gotta say the terminal. Look castaway. Yeah, it's slow, it does get slow. Okay, all right, we got the Wilson thing. Let's let's resolve this. Yeah no, no, they do drag it on too long. But I'll take castaway all day longer terminal at least at least there's a crash of a plane crash. I'm surviving, making wild wild. Didn't see that ending coming. I know, I know that's realistic. I like that spear fishing. Uh you know so castaway. You get me deserted on an island.
Speaker 6: Weight loss, the weight loss.
Speaker 3: That keeps me engaged. Now, it did get along. I'm like, yeah, that they could have cut some of the island along. We've on this island. But I did start feeling it too. The terminal. There's never a tooth problem. There's never a moment in the terminal that I'm in that I'm engaged. Not a moment You're like all in one. Yeah. And I think some people are saying, Rick, you you would I will tell you something that Andy blinks throughout. Okay, shoot me straight, Andy, that's fine. I want to tell that story, he says, I do too. He says, I'm gonna text him if we can tell. If we don't say names or anything, what if we brought him on him, made him tell it?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 3: Okay, but anyway, Andy, come on now, Andy says he thinks that I've got some sort of commercial airflight mojo. He said, Rick, you realize I fly at least once a month. Yeah, and I never have the problems you have. Oh he said that he did. Yeah, of course he will. Now he's not I on some woodful not that I believe with any of that. And then here's here's Marshall Marshall who emailed Hey Birds. Hey Marshall says, watching the YouTube barchive, man, I sympathize, will you? Airports I think are part of the fall of creation and mankind. I haven't made it in twenty minutes into the show, and I already know that I'm listening to best of material. I know this is uncomfortable and difficult for you. I know, Rick, but you got to hear me. The way you're holding that coffee cup and explaining the blight of travel is owning me. Your duress entertains us greatly. And I know that's hard to hear. Well, I agree with it. Yeah, we said to have to live it, guys, I have to go through it on this show. That is good. You gotta you got to take one for the team show. Wow, But no, I will take castaway over the terminal. Now what happened with Andy Blanks? Oh? Please? Andy? Can we please talk? Andy? Please? Greg?
Speaker 8: You would even make you uncomfortable. Well, what you would have loved it? By the way you would have they'll love it.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you. Do you not agree with this? And I slayed Andy on this one. He said, the only blessing is that none of y'all were with me, because I know what would have happened. And I said, well, I can, I can walk. I said, let me tell you what thing would happened if Greg had been there? I said, not only would Greg have elevated this, he would have gotten in a chair. He would have for a fact, Yeah, yeah, yep, you would have said to me, just and if I could have rounded the corner in the groom, Greg was sitting in the chair. Gracious, what a great day. And we're not telling people we're talking about I know that.
Speaker 8: I know, well, there's a story that has happened with a b of ours that we want to tell because it was an uncomfortable situation that he was in. And and again we're bad is good If something bad happens to.
Speaker 3: Us, it's good for the chef. I'm asking him to tell it.
Speaker 8: Or uncomfortable or you know, awkward, that's always great. Kind of like Adler need to get back into jiu jitsu and he can't and he won't and he needs to cancel.
Speaker 3: I'm back to man Rick.
Speaker 8: He's he hadn't been to class in so long that they've started emailing him asking if everything's okay.
Speaker 7: It was one text, uh and thank you.
Speaker 6: You care about me unlike these guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that's just that's just awkward for him. He wants to get back in there. He doesn't have time. And look, I think your jiu jitsu days are over.
Speaker 6: But why would you even say that to me?
Speaker 3: I think he's trying to be real. You should busy, man.
Speaker 7: You should grow the hair, and I think I should rep.
Speaker 3: So this explains Adler's reaction. You know, I had a chance, and I even tried it for the show because now it's I mean it's always been it still is anything for the show. And apparently everybody wants me not to have smooth travel because it's better for the show. Yeah. But anyway, but but the I went to his old jiu jitsu place and I was going in to talk to his old Sinsey and I was going to record it, and Adler's face when he realized that I couldn't find him was so he said, don't do that. Don't do that, do not do that, don't do that.
Speaker 7: I actually would love to see you go step insideline hard jiu jitsu because they'd.
Speaker 6: Take you down, brother, they would show you well, one.
Speaker 7: Hundred and fifteen pound purple belt. Woman would say, hey, buddy, get ready to.
Speaker 3: Tie it up and not. I wasn't going in there to roll with people. I was going there.
Speaker 6: It seemed aggressive.
Speaker 3: I want to. I want I wanted to go in there and get that flip camera and I was the next thing. You look, I flip around. It's me and Webby.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that fantastic.
Speaker 3: You know that there's ladies in your current classes like, hey, where's that Yeah, where's that guy? We like to wrestle?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, only roll with him? Where's he at? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Y'all happy, you'll feel good. You guys feel good about yourselves.
Speaker 3: All right. Here's the thing about Andy. Here's where he doesn't Where's Andy does not understand what we do for a living because he because he still has a heart. I don't know, Man, if I tell it, what if that's what if that sweet person hears it? So person that person, that person won't hear it. Sence you have to take We've all done that, not using names. Would just hey, this happened. This person would certainly knows because they would they would, but nobody else would.
Speaker 6: Where did that?
Speaker 7: Where does that person live in the state or a different state?
Speaker 3: Hurt a lot. On the list of people who've been offended by the show, we can add one more.
Speaker 7: Y'all just offended me. Just just exactly it again.
Speaker 3: According to the text, Nation David from Flowery Branch, Georgia is getting harassed everywhere he goes. Yes, he is. His name is David.
Speaker 8: While while Rick works, do that. All I'm saying is you're working out, Just do that.
Speaker 6: I am back to working out.
Speaker 3: You need to be done with Brazilian jiu jitsu. I'm speedy on this. I don't think Greg's committee. You can't go. Just keep it, just keep because what I'm afraid of the Speedy's concernacy if this is right, We're afraid that you think that's the only way to exercise and your and your health is going the time. The time of the class does not fit your day, and you're just not gonna make it. Honestly, I know I know where he's coming from because I've seen him. It isn't about the shape. He wants to be somehow deadly. Oh that's what I messed with, Hay. He wants to be the guy that choked the gal on the subway. Oh you want to be him, maybe not kill him. But you know what I'm saying, Daniel Penny. Yeah, yeah, so he knew his name.
Speaker 6: I did I do?
Speaker 7: Yeah. The thing about taking off, I'm old.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: Y'all act like I'm like a little boy, but I'm actually a man with a family. If I take two weeks off, my body has deteriorated in that short amount of time. I have to do my own work out at my house to get my body back, to get back to jiu jitsu. Otherwise I will be like a frail, broken glass man. So I asked, And so that's what that makes it even harder.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, though, can you is there like a time limit? You've been a white belt one stripe for like eight years.
Speaker 7: I've got my blue belt, Gregg, I got my blue belt.
Speaker 6: It took me.
Speaker 7: Some people get a doctorate in that amount of time, That's what I'm saying. Some people get a black.
Speaker 6: Belt in that amount of time.
Speaker 7: I got a blue belt in that when you.
Speaker 3: First started, we figured by now you'd have a black belt, right.
Speaker 7: Don't know, No, buddy, you didn't figure that. I didn't figure that, and you never thought that. Okay, you never think I'm gonna succeed and whatever whatever I.
Speaker 3: Did, Greg not the most, not the greatest encourager.
Speaker 7: Is he, Hey, I took three years off. That'll hurt you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, COVID happened, my daughter was born, couldn't do anything. I'm like, well, I can't be paying for this. I got it, okay, So I canceled that. And then the next thing I know, I'm celebrating my daughter's third year birthday. I'm like, wow, okay, so I took three years off on accident and those that'll hurt you.
Speaker 3: I'm sparring with that. That stuffed animal you got rest and stuff animals that don't count towards the bail.
Speaker 6: He doesn't.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen that big stuffed animal? Did he rest?
Speaker 7: Yes, I've brought it in here. That's mister bones. That's mister bones. And he's good for practice and sometimes if I'm lonely, I'm like cuddle up to him too.
Speaker 3: Never he needs a different name. Immediately nor that's true. I've never taken a class, but I think I could beat a pillow. I don't think bad thing is that Andler's lost a couple of times. Couplet was only twice. Mister bones, let me out, mister bones, mister bones, you're so strong, you're so heavy. Aler. What we're saying is take care of yourself. Jiu jitsu is over. Just let it go.
Speaker 7: Motivating me. I actually appreciate this. Y'all are motivating me any time. Y'all call me you know small, that's like, all right, that's that's five more pull ups that they're just gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Good day.
Speaker 7: So you want to say the motivation to be better?
Speaker 3: Okay, you butt. By the way, the pressure on Blanks is work. He's in.
Speaker 14: He is in.
Speaker 3: When whenever is he gonna come in and say it? I don't you want me, you arrange it.
Speaker 7: You're just mad at me because you've given up and you don't want me to see you don't see me thinking about that. Y'all have all given up. I'm trying, and that makes y'all saddle the inside or jelly you get mad on the outside.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess show. This is where.
Speaker 7: Logic beats left.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, thank you for being with US America. I'm going to ask the team here something something I've been noticing. Let me running a little business for you, just things you need to know a little programming. All right, So today, you know, Wednesday, Bible Study is always on Wednesdays. It's rare that we miss one. And we're back today, so we continue the study of job. That's at noon Central one o'clock Eastern if you want to catch it live. I had a text last week that said, hey, and we didn't get to it on the air. Is this this Bible Study? As far as I see, there's men in there? I mean, are people if you're in town or in the community, are we welcome to join that? And the answer is yes, you can. You can come in here and watch it. And that's just for men only here in the room now. Of course, when we put it out men are women are joined us all over the world. So so, but if you want to if you're ever in town and you're somewhere near the studio and you're like, I think I'd like to go over sit in with the guys, you're always welcome. We start at noon Central and you probably need to get here about fifteen ten to fifteen minutes before that to get a seat in here, and you're perfectly welcome to do that. So that's today and the archive will be after if you can't catch it live. And then in a few moments, and he's here, the noticer. He's in here, noticing things left and right. And so Andy Andrews is back for Be True or BS. He looks, he looks focused. Yes, yeah, and so he's coming up next. And also we've already had someone you were you I don't know if you were listening on the way in all the way, but somebody said for us to ask you a question as on some of our bonus segments too. Did you hear that? Okay? Are you ready for the storys to stump you on one thing? Yeah, I've got I've got to be trip or a BS for you. How you like him? Apples? So that's that's coming up next. Style Know what do you think of that? Andy Blanks? Well, we'll get to have a secondhand embarrassment playoff. Oh, this is great. He has agreed to tell the story. And I don't think we wait any longer, he said he will come on tomorrow. I think he has to be in studio. And because I want to watch him reaction, I want to watch him squirm. I want us to go to follow up questions that he don't want us to ask yep and uh. And so he's grossly uncomfortable with this kind of stuff. Keep in mind, I've often tried to figure which one of you have it the worst secondhand embarrassment. It's it's interesting to watch, but I will say I've watched Andy Blanks. I've watched him get up and literally leave a situation. He won't just be uncomfortable in it, he'll exit and he's done it again.
Speaker 8: This story he's going to tell I was uncomfortable just reading the text, Like I felt like I was there and I'm like, I'm at home breading a text.
Speaker 3: Why am I all nervous? So here's that bad? Here's how you get it? Yeah, here's an interesting let me ask you this. See what you think? Like people were saying that they think that my energy causes me to have bad travel experiences. But but yet I thought I was trying to defeat it by having no expectations. You remember when I said, I want to start new airlines called straight up airlines. You remember that, Well, you just come on the plane and eventually, but even at the gate, we say, no idea when we're leaving, no expectations. So I noticed on my ticket it doesn't have a leaving time. Yeah, because we don't know, uh, get here. We're gonna leave at some point, don't know when we're gonna get you where you're going get on. You're gonna be gonna be some of you in first class are gonna wonder why you're even there. Enjoy the bigger seat because there's nothing else about it. This really first class anymore. Yeah, you're eating the same mixed nuts everybody else is. Okay, there's really no difference. You got a little bigger seat. Okay. Uh, it's gonna take us forever to get you on the plane. And here's what we're gonna do too. We're we're gonna we're gonna taxi a while. We're gonna ride around this airport. You're gonna wonder if there's even a runway.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Then we're gonna stop a couple times. We're not gonna explain why we're stopping. Uh will we get where we're going straight up bread lines at some point. Sure, but what about those ues to have appointments where you should have flown with someone else?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 3: We we leave and we leave and we get there. When we get there, Uh, no expectations, none whatsoever. You're gonna be miserable. And don't you dare think we're not gonna have something wrong with that air conditioning, because we will. Okay. And uh and by the way, just when you think you've made it, just when you think you're home, this is the beauty. This is where you'll love us. We won't be able to get up to the gate. We're gonna sit and we're gonna talk about we don't know where the people are. Nobody's waving us in. And you're not gonna believe how long we're gonna sit. You're gonna think, well, surely this is two or three minutes. Oh no, you better start thinking twenty. Okay, just when you were almost there, and we I know we'll tell you. And this is another one. We do bring a carry on, but we're not gonna let you carry it on. We're gonna make you check it here. And you're gonna wonder I thought, y'all said, this is what we're supposed to bring. It was we told you that's exactly what you could bring, and then we're not gonna let you bring it. And I just don't understand the madness of this. And oh, by the way, you're gonna think we're almost there, guess what we're gonna do. We've overbooked the plane. We don't even have enough seats for everybody. We're gonna start begging some of you to just change your plans. We've already ruined your plans. We want you to volunteer for them to be ruined more. And if you do that, we're not gonna give you cash, but we'll give you a credit for you to be on this bad airline again. Yeah, I mean, I mean this stuff, it's maddening. What is this? What is this thing they've done? I don't understand that. I don't either. But anyway, so they're saying, I'm causing this with my negative attitude. I thought my low expectations would keep me from me disappointed. Well, did I have this wrong?
Speaker 8: It's your inability to rest. You've talked about it. You can't sleep or nap at an airport on a plane. You can a bus or whatever.
Speaker 3: You no, I can't.
Speaker 8: And so that energy it makes you. You know, I'm stirring around, I'm getting everybody fired up. I'm going and I'm asking questions, I'm texting, I'm worrying where's the plane? And opal to your left, he's got his headphones on. He's asleep, you know, and he's just waiting to make it work.
Speaker 3: Not you. I'm trying to make it work. I'm trying to I'm trying to save the day. Sherry says, it's rebel rousing. I say, it's because you're doing that thing again. You got you got the gate stirred and and I'm like, he'll stir the gate and the Andrews who's in the seats right now about to be honest, He'll stir everybody up and then back out and let them all calls it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there'll be people up there there and there are all people people crying. They're like, who started this? And I'm like, I don't know, I'm perfect worthy. I said, we really need to be a more patient. What about it? The one time I heard a good story when you got upgraded to that little office thing that put you in your little sleeping that at all. Ma'm gonna silence for Delta one. That's pretty good Delta one. And that's the only time I never heard him complaining. I caused so much trouble Greg, They'll remember how I got it, causing trouble. They upgraded me because I'm on the air talking about how they'd ruined my trip, and so they I looked at that man. I went to turn right to go back there, you know where the livestock is, and he goes, oh, no, no, you go left. I said, what is left? I didn't even know left existed on the international flight. He goes, oh, left is Delta one. What is Delta one? He goes, welcome to air travel heaven, my friend. Wow. I went in there and had my own bed, my own everything. They started waiting on me the minute my butt touched the seat anything, mister burds any thinking all is this real silverware? Oh yes, and and a real napkin as well cloth? Oh yes, what do you need? It was so good and I was so relaxed. I was disappointed when I arrived in London. Oh boy, I was like, are we here?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 3: I got to get out of this thing. Oh, Delta one.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Look, it has to be a gift. Yeah, because if you buy it. Wow, they are so proud of it. But the problem is they're like drug dealers. If I ever fly international again, I have to be on Delpa one. But I don't know how. I mean, it's like me taking this flight yesterday. Yeah, you know what. I'd rather not have to write that check, but you know what, I had to because I couldn't go back to that airport again. I couldn't do it. I don't know what's happening this, These these commercial airlines, they're killing me. I'm gonna have to take a second job. They're killing me. But I can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I just had a bad one and then had to fly again, and I just I can't. I can't. I can't do it. Have you discussed straight up airlines when you're sitting there working on a plane and you revel rousing everybody? Ye? You have you out to them, tell them about it. I have, and they almost made me king.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess Show, rockcasting for the real.
Speaker 3: Here we go, America. Who's ready, Let's go? Are you ready?
Speaker 6: It's time for the rig Burgens show.
Speaker 3: We're ready. We're ready, speedy, Greg Adler all here as we start a brand new hour. Thank you America for taking time to be with us today as well. Now it has it's it's been a few weeks, huh. I hope a lot of you have been preparing. And you know, sometimes it sneaks up on you. He doesn't try to do that, but he's made his way back in. Of course, I'm talking.
Speaker 5: About Hey, and he wants to do Andy Andrews, Is this b s? Or is the story ready?
Speaker 6: Annie Andrews?
Speaker 5: Are you.
Speaker 3: Here? Is the story from the Andy?
Speaker 10: Welcome back, Buddy, Hey, Thank you guys. It's good to be here. How was the drive from the Gulf of America. Oh, it was great, and I took the opportunity. You know, I've already read your book, and but I listened to it. I got the audible and I listened to it on the way up, and I gotta tell you, I smiled a lot reading that book, but I laughed out loud listen to it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: As you know, as a writer, I'm certainly not a writer.
Speaker 10: This is now after reading the list of this you're a writer, but you can't get by with that anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, well, here's the thing. You know, if you don't have good content, and Bill Burgess, it's all the content you would ever need.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I mean you could. You could do an entire evening just telling those stories.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah. And they and the men really connect to them. You know. I had been telling these stories a lot of them for years at men's conferences and man churches and things like that, and so I thought, well, if if it works there, yeah, it'll it'll probably it'll probably work here.
Speaker 10: The paddling story just about took me out.
Speaker 3: It was a good one. Well, but Greg was there for that, and and I described Greg's demeanor. He you really didn't know what to do? Did you? Should I? Should I be over here near Rich? Should I away from him? Who sided playing some my trick on us? You know? What is this about? And uh? And so thank you for for that and for your endorsement and and all that. It's it's been great. And uh, and you and I are going to have a blast tomorrow. We're gonna have a blast today, but tomorrow I have the honor. I'm sorry, it's not Thursday, is Wednesday. I do that all the time. I guess I thought I was going tomorrow. Yeah, I can't see you Friday, Lord Willie, so so so Friday, I'm going to have the honor. You know, I've been doing this, this book tour, and you know Sherry warned me about book tours.
Speaker 10: You didn't, uh, because I wanted you come down.
Speaker 3: Wow. Hey, wow, this is a lot going on there. That's quite a little pace here.
Speaker 10: Let me answer that same question for the five hundred time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, and my favorite is being interviewed by the people who've written have actually read your book and been interviewed by people who.
Speaker 10: Have Oh yeah, you can tell immediately, can Well?
Speaker 3: What I did is and I won't say who it was because it was a big platform. I knew there was no way this person had time. There's no time, how many books they're since. So I wasn't delusional, but I had the mindset of I just need access to the platform. Once he once he throws something out there, I'm just going to take off.
Speaker 10: It's like I say in my book.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and people have been noticed I've been doing that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's chapter six. But anyway, so thank you for that. But I'm gonna and this is what we've been waiting on. Polly and Sherry have never met it. That's our wives for those who don't know. And so I went to Sherry and I said, hey, I'm going to go to be on Andy's podcast. And you had Sherry on during her book. And she even agreed, she said, even Andy and I she said, we kept struggling with the with the WiFi, trying to do it via podcast, I mean via zoom or that, and then it was probably skype. And she said, I understand why he wants you to be in the studio with him versus now. Now it's come a long way. They're much more stable now, but still in the room. It is always better. Well, look what she does for this, Yeah, exactly. This is another example. You make the trip to be here and we're so I'm going down after the show on Friday to do Andy's podcast, and we have decided we're going to parlay this into double date.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and doesn't think Sherry exists at this point. I think you're just kind of giving me a story about some.
Speaker 3: And Sherry just is so grateful for how you handled her book and how you made sure you used your platform and your ability to to actually say, look, let me give you a real review on this and tell you all about it. And it was just beautiful. And if you've ever gone to Amazon on Sherry's book, it is what they say, here's the best review, and she's got hundreds, but Andy's is the number one one. So so so look at that. It was beautifully done and you nailed it. You nailed it, and so that's gonna be fun. So we're gonna do the podcast hang out down to the beach you a little bit, yep, and then Sharon I at some point when you're when you're kind of done with us, we'll mosey on back. So so that that'll be fun. So looking forward to that. And then how does that work? Is the podcast then recorded? Then it comes out is.
Speaker 10: Recorded, and our podcast come out uh every Tuesday morning, every Tuesday. And if you want to get access to our podcast, just Andy Andrews dot com and put your email address in there and it'll come to you every Tuesday morning.
Speaker 3: So that's great, so you can catch all all things Andy. So Wisdom Harbor UH kind of is our is our unofficial sponsor of UH you know, be true or if you can get it right, you're gonna get a year subscription to Wisdom Harbor. We'll talk about that a little bit coming up, but let's go ahead and get one end. And Seth is standing by Seth. Welcome to the show. How are you, sir?
Speaker 16: I'm doing great about you?
Speaker 7: Rick?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm doing good. Thanks for asking. So here's your categories? Are you ready? Science? Culture, history, wildlife? Now is the bonus for the that's for the bonuses for the team. Okay, so science, culture, history of wildlife? We think, Seth history history it is and I will warn you Andy loves history, so tell us whether this be true or our bs. If you get it right, Wisdom Harbor is done. But you will also get a spin of the wheel. Okay, Andy, right, Seth, here we go.
Speaker 10: Ancient civilizations made some odd choices for contraception. In Persia, hippopotamus dung was comly selected and it was not eaten, so you can figure out for yourself how they used it.
Speaker 3: Who did it work? Did it work?
Speaker 10: Signed to say? Maybe sometimes? Setting inside the obvious risks of bacterial infections, Hippopotamus manure is highly alkaline, so it's possible that it could alter a woman's pH enough to act as a mile spermicide.
Speaker 14: Oh ma.
Speaker 6: Here in the Middle Ages.
Speaker 10: Here in the Middle Ages, European royalty was partial to pig testicles or the two front teeth of a rat. According to medical texts at the time, one could avoid pregnancy by tying a pig's testicles around the neck. Curiously. This was supposed to work no matter if it was the male or the female wearing them. One could also carry the front teeth of a rat for consistent protection, or hang a mule's uterus in your home. The mule uterus actually makes some kind of sense, as mules the offspring of a on horse, are sterile, thus unable to produce offspring B true or BS.
Speaker 3: What quite a run there, all right?
Speaker 2: Wow, m hmm, I'm gonna say B S B S.
Speaker 10: It's BS.
Speaker 6: You wrote wrote that.
Speaker 10: I got a sponsor, took something real and I and I messed with it because the whole thing was built on the actual fact that ancient civilizations in Egypt used crocodile dung. I mean, they really did, but I changed it to hippo bottomus. Added the new uterus hanging in your living you had reds teeth in there.
Speaker 3: There was the lower track of a pig hanging around people's name. All right, so.
Speaker 10: And you're still talking about.
Speaker 3: About it. So Wisdom Harbor subscription. Seth is done. Who do you want to spend the wheel for you? You want to Greg, Speedy, Adler, Andy or me? Speedy's up here? We go all go over and spend that for for Seth. And let's see what happens. He said this could be big. Here we go. Let's see what happened. Seth has earned the right to get to the wheel by pointing out there. And that was bold because I didn't think there was any way anybody would make that up. That's a man spind you know. Just it was. You're right, Seth. Here we go. All right, Seth, come on, sayth come on, come on. I won't take that right there. So Seth, you've got some Rick Burgess show swag. How about that? Yeah, So you can get a T shirt and we'll get all your information. We'll send that to you. You also get to walk around saying I got it right with Andy Andrews.
Speaker 2: I'll be true.
Speaker 3: Bs. You've got that believer and you can't put a price on that. And you get a subscription to Wisdom Harbor. So Seth, thank you for listening to The Rick Burgess Show. Dial us up. We'll take more. Still got more categories left with Andy Andrews right after this.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess Show. The man who taught the world to say, couldn't care less. Rick Burchase.
Speaker 3: It was my burden. I had to carry it. I'm good with it. One reminds you have you ever heard us and you think to yourself, I wonder would like to go to Alabama? They just created these people. I think I'm in So there's a chance you could. Our friends at Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association, they're saying, how about if you like a road trip, what about a road trip to Sweet Home, Alabama? If you like to hunt, and we sure do the ultimate North Alabama hunting road trip at Willow Oak Lodge. How about this. It's worth fifteen hundred bucks two days of free range hunting at beautiful Willow Oak Lodge. They have thousands of acres right there on Spruce Pine Mountain, beautiful part of North Alabama, and they manage that your chance for the buck of a lifetime is high. It is free range hunting. You are responsible for your license and all you need there following the laws of the state of Alabama. If you'd like to find out more how you could enter, go to Alabama road trips dot com Alabama road trips dot com, or go to Rick Burgess Show dot com. Look under the contest button or the sponsors button. The link is there. Andy. I we had to take that commercial break to recover from this last one because I'm realizing, Man, I'm.
Speaker 10: So proud, even though Seth got me, I'm so proud. I'm so proud.
Speaker 3: What kind of what kind of noticing mind? What kind of mind throws in the uterus of a jackass? Because because everybody knows they're sterile.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was proud.
Speaker 3: Of when you started writing that. Was there never a moment going how did that come into my mind?
Speaker 10: No, because I think that's kind of weird stuff all the time. Not uterus is okay, So.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 10: I'm thinking weird the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you just stopped.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry some packs.
Speaker 3: Next, let's go to Matt Matt from Sweet Home, Alabama. Matte, what's left, by the grace of Almighty God is just science culture. It was a little bit of science in area of science, culture, and wildlife, which one.
Speaker 19: Wild Wow.
Speaker 3: Alright, and here we go.
Speaker 10: The weather's warming up and that means snakes are out in full force. Of course, there are always plenty of reports of snakes close to home and yards and gardens. As the thread of summer reptiles continues to grow, it's important to know what you can do to keep your property safe, and that may include ridding your land of certain scents that attract snakes. Snakes primaries primarily smell their environment through a process known as chemoreception, using what is known as a triluster organ. This is connected to the snake's mouth and when they flick their tongue out, it collects particles from the air which are processed through the trilust or organ. They can then find chemical cues or smells in their environment. Now, three particular aromas are specially attractive to snakes and can sometimes draw them to a location like your backyard from a quarter of a mile away. Decaying rose petals are number three, rose petals like the ones laying on the ground under your rosebushes. In second place is fresh fish, like the smell that lingers after you clean a bunch of brim on your patio and wash the scales off into the grass when you're through. Been there in first place. The most powerful scent attractant to snakes is the scent of birds, a scent that is hugely increased by the presence of bird feeders. Snakes often lie underneath feeders to ambush the birds eating food that is spilled onto the ground. Be true or BS?
Speaker 4: Wow, that sounded like ad what he is talking about. I'm going to say, yes, God's yes.
Speaker 6: In the world.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad that was BS because I have my wife's bird feeders and she's all about.
Speaker 10: Them, and I'm well, I got I gotta tell you the one that is true and that there's the bird feeder because yeah, because and I've never read anything about it. I just know it because we went to change the food and our bird figure and there was a mocks and land underneath. It was kind of covered in the sand. It was like, oh my god, So I put that in there. Just it does?
Speaker 3: It does?
Speaker 10: And I try luster organ I made that up.
Speaker 3: All right, man, here we go.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: You get Wisdom Harbor for one year. Uh, no charge, but you also get a wheel shot you want speedy Greg Adler Andy or Meat.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm I'm a big mindian, so I'm gonna go with Greg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, So you got to say, Matt, it's will to me, and he's gonna spend it. It's will to me. Let it go. All right, let's see spin. Yeah, that's an incredible spin. That's an incredible spin.
Speaker 10: An incredible hulkspin.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see Matt. Come on, Matt, let's see what happens. Can Matt be a winner? Matt? Look here, look here, look a here. Okay, good, that's gonna be a good little Father's Day gift. A subscription to Blaze TV, Matt. So we're gonna put you on hold, get all your information, and you'll get to enjoy all the wonderful programming on Blaze TV, including Strange Encounters, the new podcast, an hour of the Rick Burgess Show every day, and all of the other great content provided by our Blaze TV brethren. So let me put you on hold. We'll get your information, and you get Wisdom Harbor one year subscription too. By the way, with that, I think we I don't think we have enough time to do one. Right here, we'll come back tell them about Wisdom Harbor real quick.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Wisdom Harbor is it's a streaming service that our stated goal is to create America's next greatest generation. And we have done a lot of research to find out how the first one happened. And it didn't happen in a vacuum. It was the parents, the adults in that community that raised these kids by a certain standard. They didn't agree on much. So you know, they were Democrats and Republicans then too, and there were Christians and atheists then too. And they're black people and white people then too, and they didn't agree on anything either, but they all came together to agree on the standard that would raise these children into what eighty years later, we still look back and say, that's the best we ever were. And so with Wisdomharbor dot com, we've got contributors that are Grammy winners, radio hosts, We've got comedians, coaches, the master chefs, and so these people are delivering five and six minute pieces that you can't get anywhere else and their topics are bet you did know the audiobook doc, musicians doc, writer's doc? How do I doc? And so you know it's but it's cheap, and I would really consider it a personal favor.
Speaker 3: If you guys would support this, There you go. So how do they go get it?
Speaker 10: Wisdom Harbor dot com.
Speaker 3: There it is simply you pull into every re port you pull into, there's something else to learn. Yep, we'll come back still more, I'll be true orbs two winners in a row, so we can get two more of you in and we will do that when we continue.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess Show. You're still denying any involvement in the Food Fight of nineteen seventy nine. Rick Burgess, All right.
Speaker 3: Here we go. We still got I mean, you guys are waxing Andy today. I mean, he can't fool you today. I'm just like crying. Two rounds, two winners. The will being a little stingy today. But we've given some merch and a Blaze TV subscription, so they are winning something. But it's it's it's got a tight grip on the cash today. But two more opportunities. So let's go for me or for them? Well I think I see it both ways. Yeah, let's go to John. He's at the Great State of Georgia. Hey, John, how are you doing?
Speaker 15: Thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, So all that's left is is science and culture, which.
Speaker 9: One, oh, let's kind of science, all right?
Speaker 3: Science standby be true? Or bs here's and andrews a here we go.
Speaker 10: Every spring and fall, America's power grids faced their fiercest foe, not storms, not hackers, squirrels. According to the APPA, American Public Power Association, squirrels cause more power outages in the United States every year than any other animal or natural event. So frequent are there electrical misadventures that the APPA created a data tool, the Squirrel Index, to track their patterns. The index reveals squirrel attacks peak in May and June, and then again in October November, which coincides with nesting and food gathering seasons. Armed with sharp teeth enough our teeth sharp enough to chew through insulation, and an act for climbing, squirrel short circuits, substations, and transformers with alarming consistency. While cities invest millions to secure infrastructure against cyber threats, the real menace often arrives as a fluffy lightning bolt on four tiny Paul, that's nuts? Be true or be it?
Speaker 6: That's absolutely nuts?
Speaker 3: What do you think.
Speaker 19: I'm gonna have to say?
Speaker 2: Be true?
Speaker 3: It is true? Ah, I saw Greg, light up like a lot. I knew it from the beginning. Greg wad for the power company. Really, twenty three years they knock out. I don't know how any squirrels left, and you put protection to keep them out of it, and they still get it. Man, it's crazy. All right, here comes to will you earned your way? John? Who you want to spend it under? Greg, Speedy, Me or Andrew.
Speaker 2: The only reason I knew that answer was because of Greg. So let's let him.
Speaker 3: All right, you gotta say it's will to me and he'll spin it.
Speaker 2: It's well for me.
Speaker 3: Let it rip, Greg. All right, Greg, greguent times a squirrel think for a while. All right, let's see what happens. We've had three winners. That's a good thing. Be good, be happy for people. Andy, all right, here we go, it come around, here we go. Oh, it's a man of a thousand voices. You didn't win anything, because now you've got to buy Speedy lunch. Believe it or not, Believe it or not. That is Speed's attempt at a British accent. Okay, now that's that's but John. But John, no one goes away without wisdom. So a subscription to Wisdom Harbor a lot. We'll put you on home the final contestant of the day. Somebody give me a number, Andy, give me a number between between one and ten.
Speaker 10: Number four.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go number four. Caleb. Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. How are you doing good?
Speaker 19: How are y'all?
Speaker 3: Caleber guys down? It's down to culture. I know it sounds like we have King George here, but we don't. Okay, So here is Here is your opportunity. Can you make it? Four winners in a row? Andy? It's culture? Here we go.
Speaker 10: According to the National Domestic Safety Consortium, a shocking number of Americans fatally choke on ordinary households items every year. The average annual number of deaths, increasing since nineteen seventy three, has swelled to approximately threey one hundred people a year. These deaths do not include choking on food items that's a totally different category, but instead are objects most of us never think of as being hazardous. The three top offenders are posted stamps more than three hundred occurrences annually, cotton balls more than three hundred and fifty times a year, and astonishingly causing almost four hundred deaths every year, false teeth or partial plates that become lodged in a person's throat. On the lower but more surprising end of the spectrum. On a list that includes twenty five objects are shirt buttons. What is called the rogue button phenomenon, where shirt buttons pop off and are inhaled during a quick outfit change. Accounted for nineteen incidents last year. Think about that, even more strained put my shirt on. But at least this is last on the list. Were eleven people dying in twenty twenty four by choking on decorative aquarium gravel. No details have provided as to why someone might have had aquarium gravel in their mouths or the ages of those who died by choking on it. The safety experts at the National Domestic Safety Consortium recommend that, and I'm quoting their website here, if an item is small enough to sit on a tea spoon, it shouldn't be near your mouth during moments of distraction. Be true or bs Wow, wow.
Speaker 3: I got the idea, and the grave I got the idea on that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 15: Uh, I'm gonna go with the true.
Speaker 10: No, it's being.
Speaker 3: It can come back.
Speaker 10: It was the details the aquarium how'd you like the aquarium graveling?
Speaker 3: My favorite was the button and held out there.
Speaker 8: So when you're changing the water out, you you can buy these tubes and you you cifle.
Speaker 3: The water out. Well, you've got to get it, get the suction go. When you got you got it. You gotta on the tube you.
Speaker 20: Got and then and then and then what you got to do is is once it starts to cut, you know, the water starts coming out, you let it, you come out of and then you you go here.
Speaker 3: Well, if you have it down on the bottom, you can suck one of them pebbles up. Yeah, and then is it always going? You're what you're getting At your funeral.
Speaker 10: They always say Speedy always loved fish.
Speaker 3: When I was looking at Andy just then, you know when I started thinking, because I was watching his craft just then. He even threw out a website. It even says on their website, and I'm quoting it and I'm quoting here, right, don't get the flying button costumes. All right, So we have time for you to do the bonus one. Then we're gonna come back and hear this great story. Okay, yeah, then I want you to if you can stump him on yours. Rick, Oh, I will ask you, okay, and.
Speaker 7: I want to see if you can suck some gravel out of.
Speaker 6: This, okay.
Speaker 10: So this is for you, guys.
Speaker 3: This is a bonus. It's about art, about art.
Speaker 10: Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper is one of the most revered masterpieces in history, painted directly onto the wall first of a convent in Milan, Italy. The fresco originally included the full figure of Christ, feet and all, but in sixteen fifty two, a decision of architectural convenience altered history. A doorway was placed into the wall beneath the painting, and in doing so, workers cut into the painting, removing Jesus' feet from the from the composition. Centuries of humidity, war and poor restoration would further damage the peace, but none so dramatically as that one faithful renovation. Today, visitors from around the world stand in awe before the mural, unaware that a simple door still visible beneath the table, silently reminds us that sometimes history is not lost in chaos, but in carpentry. Be true, or BS, I didn't google anything.
Speaker 3: I didn't either, be you.
Speaker 8: I wanted BS just kind of the way it is.
Speaker 3: I'm going BS, I'm gonna go be true.
Speaker 6: I think that can happen.
Speaker 3: I will also go be true.
Speaker 10: It is true.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you know we did the same thing last time?
Speaker 10: And you know that painting was also one of the most famous things that Jesus said, which was left out of the Bible. And you know Jesus said, all the red letters.
Speaker 3: In the Bible.
Speaker 10: But nobody thinks, do they, that that's the only thing he said.
Speaker 3: I mean, at some point, remember John tells us if we put in everything he did and said, yeah, there wouldn't be enough books in the world that could hold it up right.
Speaker 10: And the quote that was left out from the Last Supper was when Jesus said, everybody who wants to be in the picture needs to get on this side of the table.
Speaker 3: All right, Andy, be true or BS, I was on the seven hundred club yesterday, okay, be true, to be true. That was true. I've seen it. Okay. So the name seven hundred Club was given because pat Robertson in the beginning, trying to get his ministry going, he said, I can get on this TV station. I think we can do it. If I could have seven hundred people agreed to ten dollars a month, seven thousand dollars a month. And that's where the name came from. Be true or bs that's true. That is true. Yeah, and it was like a homecoming game end. Yeah, that was a homecoming. I didn't when they first told me that yesterday. I was like, really, that was an easy offer.
Speaker 10: Oral Roberts said he would die if she didn't send money.
Speaker 3: That was different. That was when we come back around it. A requested story from Andy Andrews. No charge for this. No charge. The caller said, get Andy to tell this story. He'll tell it right after this.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess show. Go ahead, man, sure you played a little ball Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go. Thank you for being with US America. This is what's coming in now. We're getting this all the time. Here's a text. Rick wants you to know that I'm dressed up, I have nice shoes on. It's pouring rain. But I did not run no camp. So they just got that on a text. So so Andy, we're going to go into a story. You had something before we go in the story.
Speaker 10: I got a question or just a comment to make okay, and a question I was. You know, it hit me yesterday when I was listening to Men Don't Run in the Rain, the story about your dad grabbing the football out on the field and not giving it to the officials. Yes, and you mentioned and this guy is now was that Steve Shaw?
Speaker 3: It absolutely was Steve Steve Shaw. Steve Shaw loves that story.
Speaker 10: I mean, I can't wait to see him as say about.
Speaker 3: Yes, Steve Shaw was the one who went to dad and said, coach, you're right, we're going to get you the ball. But after this, it's going to be so far from here. Yeah, you know you.
Speaker 10: Okay, anyway, I thought I thought that.
Speaker 3: Was all right. So somebody said to ask you to tell us the story about you singing in church amazing Grace.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm getting a spanking for it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 10: Yes, my dad was a minister and and uh and I was like, I don't know, five or six, I guess. And and he said, and he didn't tell me till that morning. He said, this morning in church, I'm going to ask you come up and sing amazing Grace. Now he knew i'd do it. You know, I'm I'm like a hog in front of people, you know, And he knew I would do it, But when he got to the point where he called me up. Now, I had been thinking ever since he said it, amazing grace, that's so boring, because I didn't know what it meant. All I knew is that every time they'd seen it, it just seems so slow and boring. So when he asked me to sing it, and you know, he introduces me and pushes me forward, I'm thinking I had noticed that the words for amazing grace would fit into the song for ghost Riders in the Sky, and so so what I did was amazing grace. How sweet sound that saved ritch? Like me, I once was lost, but down and found what's blinding? Now I see and we've been there then thousand years right shining as the sun. There's no listen ay sing guy's face. Then when we first begun praise the Lord, let's hear it for Jesus, the Holy ghost Rider in the sky.
Speaker 3: And this crowd.
Speaker 10: But but what I thought that some of the people in the church thought it was awesome too. My dad didn't think it was awesome, right, He like walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder and kind of quee's harder than it looked like he was squeezing, and he said, now you know, that's not what I was expecting.
Speaker 3: Let's try it again.
Speaker 10: And so I thought, whoo okay, well maybe it was too fast. And so luckily I also had noticed that that the words for amazing grace would fit perfectly into a song that my granddaddy played on the record player in the barn because Randma wouldn't let him play it in the house. I don't know why, but the song was called House of the Rising Sun. I didn't know what it meant. But then also I see my mother over there play in the organ, and I think, well, her favorite singer is Elvis, and so I thought I'd give a little Ovis to it. And I said, homie, he's seeing grace, oh sweet? The song who.
Speaker 6: Save Rets like me?
Speaker 10: Oh? I see? And then my dad, my dad took a step towards me. I took a step away, and I said thank you very much, and the audience went nuts.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: But but then my dad kneeled down beside me and he said, one more chance, one more chance, and I thought, wow, okay. Well, luckily I had also noticed that the worst amazing Grace would fit perfectly into the theme song of my favorite television show, Gilligan's Island, So d D and Amazing Gresshouse Sweet, that's sound that say wretch like me. Once I was lost that now I found what's blowing at now I see was blame I see. And that's when I got to spank it.
Speaker 6: All the way to that.
Speaker 3: Well, that's so good, Andrew, And that's money. So so apparently you told that one because it was requested today. Yeah, that's does kill every time it does, it does. So you know, we were you and I were talking about that's.
Speaker 10: The only thing I have on Facebook that has millions, right, yeah, yeah, right, yeah, the I love the one knee down to you.
Speaker 3: People are saying it's be true or b story. Yeah, the I remember it was well because we've been talking about books, and we've talked about all the stuff you did and and how good you were when when Sherry's book first came out. And I told the story yesterday at uh up at the seven hundred Club, and because they were asking about all the things, and they started asking about Sherry and that too, and and I said, I'll tell you a story because I even was talking with someone. You know, there's some people that would it come to her book, they're afraid to read it. There there. So you and I were at a conference and I had watched you do your thing, and you were Friday night and I was Saturday morning, but I was already there. So I came, do you remember this? I do. So I come there and you and I are talking backstage, and it was and I didn't give him any heads up because he run into the prompt plane. I said, oh, by the way, I've got a copy of Sherry's book because we had them there that night, had just come out, and I said, here you go, just take that with you and you and you not know. I said, oh, good, something I can read on the plane and look. And I remember the next time we talked, You're like, hey, how about a heads up or something something that means that, And you said, uh, no warning, no warning, And you said, flight.
Speaker 10: Is all coming up to go, sir, Are you okay? Because I'm crying, I'm got, I'm putting the putting the book down in my lap and leaning back and tears, holding down my face, my eyes closed, and and you know, so the flight tenants and one of them, didn't just say it and get the know. I'm find others came up and said are you sure? He says, there anything we can get you? Is there anything you do? And I said, you could put me in Delta one?
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 3: At one point he said, I just just held the book up and just start pointing at it. Yeah. Have you ever done Delta one? Have you ever been there? Ever been to Delta one? I have not, and I have not. It's a whole different world in there. It's a whole god. Well, and if you remember we told this story on there because I had talked about how that there was another one of my I don't know. I think I create as much as you them. Yeah, I know that. And and they even came on the PA and welcomed me to the plane. Oh my god. And I find out later when I get back from the trip that one of our listeners was doing a scanner and he heard you know somebody who, thank you, supports what we do, who apparently worked in the tower at the airport, and he recorded him talking to the pilot going, hey man, can you do me a favor? Yeah? Sure, what you name?
Speaker 15: You got?
Speaker 3: Rick Burgess on the flight could you just welcome him. What's that again? Said again? And he goes, he goes, he goes Rick Burgess. And you hear the pilot going, yeah, sure, now you spelled it. You say, Rick Burgess, Okay, yeah, sure enough. I mean and so they did, and so they it was somebody that's so good.
Speaker 10: Do you know one time, this is years ago, I was, I was on the plane and Auburn athletes come on the plane and they are carrying big trophies and everything. And the swim team had just won the national championship. And so I said to the flight team, I said, you know who these guys are and she said no. I said, this is Auburn. They won the national championship. You need to congratulate them on the on the intercome. She said, okay. I said, just make sure you say their battle cry when you get through. It's roll tight.
Speaker 2: And she did.
Speaker 3: And this is why you have This is why you have very few friends, you know. Thank you, Andy, and looking forward to Friday. Yeah, absolutely, Andy, andrews uh And if you want to find out more, go to Wisdomharbor dot com. I see some of you homeschools say, hey man, we want that wisdom haarbor dot com. We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Well, Welcome to the Rick Bird.
Speaker 11: Just show.
Speaker 3: Broadcasting from the rig World.
Speaker 5: With speedy Greg Adler and Rick Berges.
Speaker 11: Buckle up, America.
Speaker 6: It's time for the show. Welcome to the rig Bird.
Speaker 11: Just show.
Speaker 5: Broadcasting from the rig World with speedy Greg and learn Rick Berges.
Speaker 3: Buckle up, America. It's time holding and we are loving it. It's good to be back with you again. America will chat with you probably coming up next segment that number eight eight eight, the number six big box. Also, don't think you can text us, as you do quite often and we love it text Nation. You can email us, you can chat in the chat room there on the YouTube channel. As a matter of fact, tubers at their playing back the opportunity I had yesterday to be on the seven hundred club for you, for those of you that may have missed it, and hopefully you enjoyed that in the break. All right, so coming up this hour, you heard the everybody's here? Does anybody here know right now as we sit do you all do a good job keeping up with your Social Security card? Do you know where yours is? Yes? Greg? No Adler, YEP, it's safe. I don't know. I think mine, like the sen I don't know. The Social Security Administration just announced a major update starting this summer, in which we're here, Americans with a my Social Security account will be able to access their digital social Security number online. The goal is to simplify access, reduce paper card replacements, and improve data protection. And how is that improving data protection? If it's now online, isn't that where my data gets stolen? It doesn't get stolen by the safe? That doesn't that feels more risky than I mean, I understand about everybody loses their card, Like, I'm not sure where mine is right now. I don't think mine's in the safe. Yeah, I mean I think Sherry has them. I don't know. Okay, so I don't know where it is. So so anyway, but they're saying that this is I think this comes with more concern. I mean, right now, I don't feel great. It feels like to me, cyber attacks are ahead of cybersecurity and we're trying to catch up. Don't you kind of want to wait and like, when let's catch up before we do this? Does this feel more risky? It's a little risky, but I mean, isn't it already out there. Uh uh, well that's truck. I mean that's true. You're probably right, it's it's kind of already out there.
Speaker 8: I guess this is so for like my parents sometimes I have to access their account. Sure sure now that having a having that and not having to scan a copy of it and send it and all that which I've had to do, I guess that would simplify things maybe, but it is.
Speaker 3: I know what you're saying, though, Rick, Well, I get what you're saying. A little update. I know I've hit this a good bit. But one thing I didn't mention on update from the from being on the road. I just want to all of you know, if you have a passport, you you don't need this star I d thing my my now there, I couldn't do anything about flights that kept being delayed and all that, but as far as as far as T s A and all that I have if because here's the way I look at it now, if you haven't gone to the trouble or don't need to get a passport, then fine, go do the store id thing. Don't do them both. And that was my problem with it. Everything I had to go through to get a passport. Why would I go through that again for another thing that is the same thing as me having the passport? Doesn't make any sense. And so I just took the passport with me, even though we say you're not getting the past. Well, you do understand my point. It'd be like somebody saying you already got it. Co It's like somebody saying, you know, I finally, I know I should do this. So I had the colonoscopy, and you know, I've been cleared. I feel good. It's a good peace of mind. I'm gonna keep doing that to be sure that God forbid I would have colon cancer. And somebody says, so you've already had a colonoscopy. Yeah, well I'll tell you could have something else. It's just as just as bad to check, you see if you've got colon cancer too, and say, well, I've already I've already done that. So that's enough. So I went to get identification that meets the requirement now at the domestic airport. Why would I do that again if I've already got the same thing. Yeah, But so it didn't make any sense to me. Now do you always have your passport? Okay?
Speaker 8: I mean, I guess an ID would be easy to have in your walk or something like that. What's easy accessible? So because there's rumors and again I don't know, like if you inter federal building, you go to a court or whatever, you're going.
Speaker 3: To have to have that. But if you always have your passport, then you're good. Well if the passport is the same thing, Yeah, I get on travel. I get what you're saying that. I don't see any need understanding for the star ID.
Speaker 7: But then when your license expired, you could get the star idea.
Speaker 3: At that time if you Yeah, that's what I mean, right, But for what you're talking about. But what I'm not going to do is like my it's not time to renew my driver's license, and the passport got me through everything I needed with no problems. I'm not going to put myself through the nightmare of this star ID because I get the passports not easy, No it's not. And so I got that done. I'm not doing this again when it's the same thing. Now, like you said, hey bird, it's time to renew your license, you want a star ID this time? Sure, Because like you said, I will say this, I had a very safe place for it. I won't say where. So the passport just travels will be with no problem because in a week we've had to use them a lot anyway, so I know how to keep up with one traveling. It's not something new to me. So all I'm doing now is treating a domestic flight like I would an international flight. It's the same thing because on an international flight, my my driver's license wasn't enough. I always had to have the pass.
Speaker 8: Especially right now, Rick, with the hype and the lines and the nightmares we're hearing from different communities and states about that to get these IDs, and you definitely want to wait till it dies down if you don't need it, and if you're covered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so hear me again when you say, well, yeah, Rick, but you could have that in your wallet. But understand, if you fly internationally, that's not enough. You have to have the passport. Right So now every flight for me is just like an international flight. You see the I do Now. If I never had to fly internationally and never needed a passport, well sure, then then then the star ideas.
Speaker 6: The way it goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if you've already got one and you've traveled internationally, it's just the same airport, the same airport experience every time. Now that's the only thing that's changed. So it really was no big deal. Not good. Here woman dies of brain eating amoeba. Listen, and you know how don't you simply using tapwater in a nasal rents device? Oh, Nettie pot m seventy one years old nasal irrigation device filled with unboiled tapwater from an r v's water fawcet oh ah, that's bad. Yeah inside bright brain eating amoba. When I hear brain eating amoba, God rest this woman's soul that I don't want to. I don't hear anything about it. I don't hear anything about eating. These are those kinds of things. You're like, man, why why are there ambas that eat are brains?
Speaker 6: And they're in They're they're more common.
Speaker 7: I've I've read about them because I do the sinus rents thing, and you know, I'll read about something I'm a threat to do that, and they're they're more common in Florida. And you a lot of times it's with a situation where some you have someone that is doing this too much and all the time, and it gives the amiebas. You got more chances to have an amba in your brain. This actually happened to some when I was a kid in t a kid in Texas.
Speaker 3: This happened to America, Texas.
Speaker 7: A man that went to our church that same thing rents thing. You can't do anything. Yeah, yeah, and you can't do anything, so.
Speaker 3: You're just waiting for it to eat your brain as you slowly die. What you think, Hey, I got. All I was trying to do is to keep from having a sinus infection.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I'd sign us rerints twice a day.
Speaker 7: I did it this morning, and I am bottled water all day.
Speaker 6: I buy the.
Speaker 3: Gallon, so you put microplastics some.
Speaker 2: Of your number.
Speaker 6: It's better than better than the other.
Speaker 3: Has it helped every morning?
Speaker 7: I have to do every morning, every night, and it does help. I do need sign a surgery still, but it's helped. And put it off. I look like I've been punching the face, but at least I don't have to sign us effective.
Speaker 3: That's true. All right, We'll be right back.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 11: No, and get on the show. One eight eight eight six Big.
Speaker 3: VUK it's time to go to the phones. All ten are available. Let's go open them up. We'll go on screen phone calls. If you're calling on, you're gonna hear ringing, and he goes, so we're just gonna answer them on the fly. We're just gonna answer them on the fly. So so go ahead and dial us up now, and we'll start working film one by one and we screen them as we go. Exciting and you guys usually are bringing a ton to the table as you are dialing Shop Mando dot Com. Let's just face it, a lot of the deoorants out there, guys, they just don't get the job done for us. They just don't. How would you like to know that, you know, you could feel, you know, confident that you don't stink. Well, let me tell you Shopmando dot Com is ready to go. They send us samples. We're using them. We love them. And let me tell you we're talking about Mando tackles odors from from your head to your toes. Science based formula pH optimize capable of blocking odors before they start not masking them. The mandelic acid, it's clinically proven to work all day long. Developed by doctors. It's hypo allergenic, skin safe, and you can use yours now. If you don't like it, wellin sixty days they'll refund the money. But you're gonna love it, get twenty percent off and smell better longer using the code big Vox shopman dough dot com, shopman dough dot com, or go to Rick burgesshow dot com under sponsors and guess what with our code or our link free shipping. Greg did you see Olive Earnhardt? Textation is asking yes, I did? It was excellent? Did you cry your eyes out? Squalled like a baby? Does it hit you? If he just had the current hornses on today'd still be allowed. Oh yeah, the soft walls, all the stuff they've done him. That is a good mini that suffered from that. But you did watch it? Yes? I did? It was well done, very well done. Rick Burgess Show unscreenedphone calls your own Go ahead, Rick, Harry, you I'm good, hope you're okay? Well, when you were.
Speaker 16: Getting ready for your trip, realizing you're going to have to give up control of the show, did you feel like the dad in days and confused when the keg showed up and you were like, nope, no trip.
Speaker 3: Yes I did, And really I'm not asking any questions. I don't know what happened while I was gone for the what maybe an hour and a half of the show, Yeah, pretty much. And I came in for one segment at the end, picked up the headphones, and I could hear they were eating quail eggs, and I thought to myself, oh Lord, what has happened. It sounds like they're eating pickled quail eggs.
Speaker 6: And we did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I drink the juice. I don't know what happened while I was gone other than the quail eggs. And frankly, I haven't asked. You know how, sometimes if you come home and the house is clean, everything seems to be in order there, then you just don't ask any questions. And I haven't asked any I sheepishly will probably go to the podcast archive today check, but it's always We covered up the hold in the wall with the picture so good, so yes, yes, yes I did feel that way, sir. We continue.
Speaker 7: We removed we removed the rug to cover up a stain, you know.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that. Rick Bird just show unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Speedying Hoby fitting in the tree.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, Rick Web sitting in the tree. Yes, Rick Birdes's show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, that's fun. Hello, we hear you. Hello, Yes, you're on the show.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, okay, Uh yeah. I hell for an hour trying to play the beat through or b F. I hell for an hour, and I must have been like an alternat in case somebody hung up. But they did good yesterday. It was great. Uh, you did good on your interview. But I wanted Adler to go back and find the picture of you sitting on a couch before, like in the green room before you went out, and what was wrong with your elbow? Really strange.
Speaker 3: He's got a weird elbow. People talk about it. I don't like piepee.
Speaker 8: I honestly, we rig Less was sending us some video and pictures of you in the green room getting ready, getting dolled up, you know, before you went on. We were playing some of that.
Speaker 3: But I hope he didn't put the one out there that showed my elbow. Well, you were looking at funny elbowny. I'm wrong with your elbow, right. I don't know which elbow to find that, but it just looks like an elbow. Now I do have a scar on one of them.
Speaker 6: Is that it that's what a weird freakish scar. It could be that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's when I had to have the surgery over the abscess from the water slide incident. When I'm speaking of ambus, I went into the back carrier charge water with an open wound. Yes, you could be that. Uh we continue. Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have two things. Alert.
Speaker 21: You really don't need to know ju jitsu. If you're carrying a smith and West, and I mean you can master. You don't know what's in my pocket. And I'm like, I ain't messing with that, man, I don't care how power shorts you are. Also, you could join a karate place like Kramer Dad, where he beat up a bunch of kids. He was bragging about it a great episode.
Speaker 3: That's where I go.
Speaker 6: I go to that, That's where I go.
Speaker 7: No, this is just I understand weapons is the great equalizer. And I've said it before, but the best self defense is a forty yard dash run, run, run, don't matter. You don't know what people are packing or what they're gonna do or not now whatever?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 7: And then also, and the jiu jitsu is mostly in case I go to prison.
Speaker 3: That's why let's let's just be handy and let's just get real. That's on the table.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you never know.
Speaker 3: And don't wear that shirt.
Speaker 7: Hey if I go to prison, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or if you want protection put it on. Yeah, right, it's really lighting the show for you to bring his shirt over earlier. Hello, Rick Birders show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 19: Hey, hey buddy, uh, y'all'll not kid when you talk about Speedy being cheap?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, no, you are not what now?
Speaker 19: I know, I know what kid around with him about smoking and all that. But most millionaires that I know hire their yard work done.
Speaker 2: I know it.
Speaker 3: You're right, it is. I know what's a millionaires do? I know the kind of money that Speedy is knocked down over the last thirty two years. It's cheap. He's cheap. We continue, he ain't spend any of it.
Speaker 6: I do my own yard too, Speedy. I respect it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Rick Burgess show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Calia.
Speaker 7: Just when I was afraid of being the stupidest sounding person, on the show.
Speaker 3: Well, we're not helping because we laugh every single No, no, it doesn't help it all. You know what it's like when a when a toddler cusses and you don't laugh, right, you know that, don't let them see it. I'm sorry, but bust and they think if they do that, they get a laugh and they don't know what they're doing right. But I'll be honest, it's funny every time they do it. It is and it shouldn't happen, and you have to ask where did they get it right? But the and everybody always blames Dad.
Speaker 8: Are usually right, Rick, Larry and Carolyn have texted us here on text Nation and they said that they would love to meet you and Sherry in person. So I know that that y'all've got me going over there. But there is some talk and it's kind of building up that Adler just goes and gets them in there in his van and brings them back here and then we have everybody here waiting on them.
Speaker 3: But then we do That's what I But then y'all don't get to sleep among the patches, and that worries man. We don't get to see the passages. So they'll meet you and Cherry. I don't either. I don't know how that will happen, but maybe, you know, maybe there's just a lot up there for a discussion. Well what about this? What if you don't even get that elaborate. Maybe one day they just come to the Golden ticket seats on their own. I mean they're locked seats now, and they come and they just come and meet everybody here, and I'll sure to pop up. Oh yeah, i'd be nice.
Speaker 7: And they could stay with you, right yeah, instead of you staying with them, they could sleep you out here, you.
Speaker 3: And then they wake up just walking in. You can show them here, you can show them your billfold collections.
Speaker 11: Is the Rick Burgers Show a voice of reason in an unreasonable world? The Rick Burger Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being with us, America. So much going on, and thank you for hanging out with us. Kind of a cool moment for me right there, hanging out with Time the engineer. Not only am I fixing things, becoming a little handy, kind of starting to be a little more, a little more equipment savvy.
Speaker 14: Here you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, went up to wait until he's six? Did you get all his work out? Went on up to Virginia Beach, did a broadcast at of my hotel room and roar and set it up and went live, test test until y'all got me uh and kind of I don't know, I don't I don't recall that being too stressful for y'all. Know. Everything went good. Think I was there ready to go. Uh so uh. You know, usually when Tom the engineer comes in, it's uncomfortable because I can't get involved in the conversations or whatever. Yeah, but now you see me light up. Yeah, yeah, I got that source wireless and uh went live. And I've noticed in the in the in the equipment world, you know, and it can be a little bit annoying. But but now that I'm in, I think I'll do it. When people who know how and they refer to these things like they're human. We got to get this guy talking to that guy. Yeah, and uh, I've always thought that was weird. It is, but but a minute ago I said, well, you know, I said, I went ahead and cut on the uh wireless there and I had that guy talking over to uh, to the comrade. Oh, I'm sorry that this guy. Uh. You know, you take this guy and you put over and talk to that guy. We got to get this guy and that guy talking and I was pointing, you know, comracks. I threw comrades.
Speaker 7: How times you're talking about this guy right here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, what you guy do is you got to take you take this guy and you got to click on this guy and then move it over and let this guy and so.
Speaker 6: These guys are talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm starting to learn lingo. You something else.
Speaker 8: That's the only thing I was looking forward to on your trip was you going through tes A and you were so worried about this comrades unit and to you were in uh Texas asking TSA about what they think.
Speaker 3: You know, they said you could take it if you had a star idea. Yeah, I just I was really wanting you to get to go through that. No, I really, well, you know what cost you that bit is everybody involved with my textas trap those those airports. Look, I was a dog that had been hit about playing around by the road. And let me tell you what I wasn't gonna do again on Mondays go back on that road again. I wouldn't go play up there. I wuldn't go we hit again. I'm going to I want a different way. You wouldn't believe the freedom either. Of course en voice is not here yet, but the freedom but at least right now, yeah, the freedom of you know what I could take this suitcase is comrax anywhere? Did y'all think I made the right call? Though? I kept it inside the cabin with me. That was oh yeah, it didn't need to be out not not private. Yeah like that. I didn't put it in the nose or the tail because I thought, again that need to get that that's not good is No. I thought that was pretty good call, Rick. What I just I'm just making some decisions on equipment com Rex. I'm gonna say a lot today. Yeah, yeah, the comracks and it takes a little lot of boot up stand by.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this guy takes a little while.
Speaker 3: This guy takes a little while to the boot up. Now, this guy over here is already acknowledging it, sees it. The one thing that I told you this on the show yesterday, the one thing that you missed though there was a bad moment, but I didn't bother all with it because I just gave it time. Oh a little troubleshooting is when I when I first Now, remember if I stayed in the old plan, I wouldn't have time to do this because I'd have been getting there in the middle of the nine. And I saw the poor sap who was also on seven hundred club yesterday, who said his plane got him there four hours late. So anyway, he looked real sleepy too. But but because I know that feeling. But uh, but anyway, so I uh, first time that I turned everything on, these guys weren't talking. I said, I said, this guy didn't did you get them guys together? This guy didn't didn't recognize or see that guy. Ask your friend used to be getting together and talking to it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: And all I said, Hobi, then you I think you'll like this because I was real sleepy because you know, I was working on two fifteen two hours and fifteen minutes so of sleep. So when when I almost turned it off and went word about the morning, and I said, now I'm gonna turn it off, and then before I go to bed, I'm gonna turn it on again and see if this guy will talk to that guy and like saying it and and so I did, and they talked. And then I thought to myself that that now, should I not turn it back on? Have now wasted it. I really would have been better off if they've just done that tomorrow. I worried about that a little bit, but not long because you've only been If you only slept two hours fifteen minutes, nothing can keep you awake. No, you're gone unless you have insaw me or something, which I don't. I just I just sometimes don't get to sleep much. But but but then then I start trying to catch up. And what I haven't done yet is to add the days together and realize that I'm still behind. Yeah, you'll never get it.
Speaker 8: Well, you can't do you know? They say, what sleep you can't catch up on? Need to rest, it's gone.
Speaker 3: It's if you go over twenty four hours you get something.
Speaker 8: It's just gone. I'm just glad you were able to get to get some sleep.
Speaker 3: Do you think the people that were in the room next to me could hear me? I was out on there. We talked about that. I didn't go you're a little loud. Now, I'll tell you what. They probably didn't like. I see you missing that. Oh yeah, they probably didn't care for that. Yeah, they started the show. I don't think they care.
Speaker 6: Mister Chen is ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still alive for another day. He got more chins than those sisters.
Speaker 7: Hey, I found Rick's elbow, and it's just because of the as you were getting your TV makeup on Rick.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry to say that sentence.
Speaker 3: Smartest. How about there's people that you have great respect for. Day looks like you're missing an arm.
Speaker 7: It looks like you're you know, oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: That's what it would look like if you got bit by a shark. Yeah, so that's what it would just look weird.
Speaker 6: But your elbow is pretty normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somewhat normal. How about this, Yeah, that's what it would look like if I had half arm.
Speaker 6: I know it would.
Speaker 3: I wish that kind of just for one show, just for one show. And I want you to know I did something yesterday, speedy, and it showed self control. I think I must have been on a pretty spiritual high. You you since and I'm gonna look, was it to all of us or just to me? I think it was just to me? What and and if Greg and you? I don't think Greg would have done it. I don't think he would have showed this kind of self control. Let's see, oh oh nose to the group, my dad. Yeah, I want to. I want to say that. I okay, then the group has got some growth here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for some reason, Greg doesn't. He never responds anything.
Speaker 3: You're not going to You're not going to get Greg to respond unless Lisa's typing for him. All right. So so anyway, Speedy sent something from his dad that was very very kind and very very encouraging and and he said that he had just finished watching PM the interview of that, and and I did not send back watching Greg, so that says h. So well, really he listened to it, and because I don't think he could watch it, but I mean, but he says, he says, watch watch it, right, And so I was nobody did that, and I thought that was growth. Nobody did, That's right. And once the point I thought would that be funny that I thought, No, this is too moving, So I didn't do it. Yeah, right, uplifting And his compliment to you know, it would have been a horrible time for you to a compliment of course you're never going to getting fixed up to listen to the book. But let me tell you the but yeah, no coming from one John Wilburn Senior, yeah, I mean a lot.
Speaker 8: He he only had one typo in it and bless his heart, sometimes it happens. Look right over, he said, he just finished washing.
Speaker 3: Uh your interview meant watching.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just I do it and I can see you. But he is something else? What a man here on Father's Day?
Speaker 3: What a man?
Speaker 7: Does your dad use the a D audio description instead of c C that you know you got close captions for deaf people, But they have actually have his D right right, They have a D for blind people and it's a narrative. It narrates visual elements of the program to help blind people follow the action.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I think that I think that'd be a bit did you know that I've actually accidentally turned that on and and they get real It's like it's like you're it's like reading a book. They'll go right now, moving down a kind of a kind of a dark street with a slight breeze blowing through the wind. You know.
Speaker 8: So so if there was an announcer in a game, it would take over. It would take that over, and the announcer wouldn't come through.
Speaker 3: It would just be the description, like you know, batter is standing stepping into the box. It's kind of like the pictures coming seat now that would be kind of neat the first Yeah, yeah, it does stuff like that. I don't know if it will were sports in the movie, yeah, because I mean, you know, I couldn't figure what it was. You ever accidentally engage something like that and you're like, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm like, you know the part where the movie is just kind of cranking up and it's telling you, you know, kind of low a low bass music is playing and I'm like birds chirping. Yeah, and I'm not looking around a man smoking. That's neat.
Speaker 6: Here's an example.
Speaker 3: Oh you want it, you let me see this. Yeah. Yeah. Police lights flash on the front of the buyer's house as Officer Callahan stands outside with Joyce and Jonathan.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: I wish that was your voice. You were the narration and I love you. They pulled up here at this house and them lives. It's flat on the front of it and.
Speaker 7: In the junkie looking house. Yeah, he's a little overweight.
Speaker 3: The lady comes to the door because she's large, you know, he's telling here comes her husband had nice ears. Yeah, looks like it's the Gregory. Because I don't believe it. Yeah, they're making up some craps Greg Burgers experience, because you can choose right, and you choose that. Going inside the house here, my goodness, I guess they're hoarders. Okay, yeah, but that's strange. Okay, yes, guy, this guy's story. Not sure I'm buying me. You're right.
Speaker 6: Stand in front of her fridge. I wonder if there's beer in it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his eyes are lowering his ears. He's in trouble.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 3: Lady answers his door of coorse. She wishes she was cleaner. Wow, that's a nice grill on her right, so, of course nice teeds. Yeah, strawberries to a big evan.
Speaker 6: The police officer at the front door. I don't know who's going. He's gonna be in hm pursuit of he can't.
Speaker 3: Run, he's aliable to shoot. Somebody's go, Jason.
Speaker 11: This is the Rick Burgess show, the man who removed the phrase what's a no good from society?
Speaker 3: Rick Bouches it's I know, I carry burdens for an entire nation and at times for the world. I do my best. Thanks for being with us today, America, and we haven't a ball and seeing uh huh, okay, So I'll pass that along from text Nation from Utah, my goodness, and I don't mean Utah all about, I mean the state of Utah. Please ask Andy Blanks to wear the Marine Corps shirt he was given while he was preaching at YM three sixty last week when he if he comes to the studio tomorrow, all right, I'll pass that along, wait for him. That'll be something to make Andy grossly uncomfortable as well, feeling pressure to wear that shirt. All right, So we will pass that along. Andy, of course is a marine Okay, get it aut your system speedy? What well? I mean I just now now.
Speaker 8: I mean, we don't focus really on the bigger stories and just spend segments on them, but it's worth mentioning sometimes what is this?
Speaker 3: Things that are going on? Uh?
Speaker 8: You know, I'm more sports oriented with that that y'all couldn't care less about, but probably should just a little bit.
Speaker 3: All right, So there are.
Speaker 8: Things other than college football in the world, even though I'm a.
Speaker 3: Huge fan, not things that are interesting. Well, something might differ with that.
Speaker 8: I think maybe maybe to be a little bit more well rounded, you could, you know, for conversation purposes kind of have an idea what the heck's going on.
Speaker 3: So you're you're making the call that that we should we should have should interest in this than we do. Now.
Speaker 8: I didn't say sit down and study it and know everything everything.
Speaker 3: Loss for not caring about Yester kying have a general idea of what's going on. By the way, someone said, if there was the option to have Greg narrat a movie for them, they would pay one hundred and ten dollars a month today. Okay, that not be awesome. They've even got categories on there, Rude Tourette's Joy stealer. Oh I love them, Okay, okay, but anyway, it's interesting, so stealer of joy. See look at me. I'm even trying to divert away from this. I'm so I have so little interest you to go ahead and throw out.
Speaker 8: I'm just gonna say, like to if you're listening live and it's it's June eleventh on ABC tonight the NBA Finals, Game three. The series is tied one to one's playing Yep, you sure have bud. Uh it's gonna be it just won't stick.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be an indie.
Speaker 8: Uh, It's it's tonight it's it's uh, it's game three. As I just mentioned, Uh the do what?
Speaker 3: I don't remember that?
Speaker 7: I mean Oklahoma City, buddy, I know.
Speaker 3: But it's just they're not When I think of basketball, I don't think of which one, which one? Which team doesn't exist the most? The Oklahoma City thun Our, Sacramento Kings, Sacramento Kings. I always forget they're still in the NBA. Okay, all right, but what about the Tropics. What's that the Flint Trophics. That's so good? Game four of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals is tomorrow night. It's back. It's back in Florida. Now, can we get this over? Just ye round? Well, I know that.
Speaker 7: First Game four, it's not Game twenty.
Speaker 8: First game ended in an extra period, it had to go to overtimes in game two. Then there was a blowout in Game three. It's back in Florida. I'll say a big fight about ten people at one time. Oh yeah, that was Game three. Yeah that was good. That this is going to be on Thursday. And one that's kind of neat. This y'all, y'all gonna poo poo all.
Speaker 3: Over is neat. We had a neat score.
Speaker 8: We had a seventeen year old qualify for the US Open out of South Georgia. Mason Howell is his name, and he is seventeen years old and going to play in the US Open.
Speaker 3: He's gonna win though, by the way, that's if you click to enjoy stealer.
Speaker 7: Yes, it ain't gonna win though, So that's if.
Speaker 3: You were narrating the story. Seventeen qualified, course ain't gonna win. That's great, that's awesome. Hey not be here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's really a crazy story.
Speaker 3: Go ahead. I think it's a pretty cold story. I don't know what it's not about. On the you know, Junior download, But maybe if Junior told you, you'd.
Speaker 10: Be like, oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I would. Uh. Since he's new, do you call him by his first name? But not because he hadn't established himself to be a But you called Dale Junior Dell all the time, and don't catch yourself Junior. Yeah that's different, is it? But you do that with golf on everybody except you'd like to say d because a sharp me. No, I say, people did that's his name? That's his name? If I said Price and you go, huh who Yeah, but don't call this another Xander, but I don't care another. Yeah. A lot of Rory you do you know first named Rory. Yes, name it Roy Andrews, Roy Williams.
Speaker 6: Roy, not Rory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Scotty, Yes, a lot of Scotti's. I got more Scottie friends than I do that. Yeah. I think it's just you know, I mean, I don't know if I'm doing anything out of the ordinary here. I'm just saying everybody, you all do it. You don't have to feel. You don't have to draft and baby brother, I've studied the golf. They go field a minute, Oh, but they can feel lefty. Uh, the what you do? How many tigers? You know? I know a lot of Eldridges. Uh that Yes? Okay, let me ask you this. The are we we all know that if a guy and I'm in this class, okay, if you if your name is rick and you grow up and you're a grown man, you're still going by Ricky your trouble, that's true. How you feel about the Scotts who continue to be Scotty? I know? Is that as bad some reason? It's not Tommy. It is bad because think about this. Somebody said, I don't know what happened. I mean rick was over there. Okay, I don't know what happened. I mean Ricky's over there. Yeah, I picture some kid. You're like, well, you also think something's going on? Uncles Rich a grown man who's going by Ricky. He's trouble shouse. So so let me get this right.
Speaker 8: So we started this segment segment with a seventeen year old qualifying for the US opening.
Speaker 3: Now we're breaking down names. Yes, what you have to talk about stuff I'm interested in? Well, but I mean I'm just mean what's going there and that giving you information that you should be somewhat interested? Do you think he's gonna win? You don't have to study? No, but it's pretty cool. Are you going to try to make me be interested in the w NBA? We promised me you never would. Well, Kaylyn's you know she's back from marine. I don't care. What kidding? I don't know about that.
Speaker 7: I don't care Caitlyn Jenner is doing.
Speaker 8: Besides drinking? Greg, what were you doing at seventeen seventeen?
Speaker 3: So Well, if i'd have been I wouldn't. I didn't care nothing about golf?
Speaker 8: What if too professional golfers Harris English and Soca Now who from Georgia or played at Georgia. What if they texted you at seventeen and said, hey, you want to play a practice round. You've qualified and you go out there at seventeen and play. That's a pretty cool I couldn't have handled it.
Speaker 3: Now, that's my story. I might have to go say, like a hair metal man in concerts? Is it yeah? I really think it's It's seventeen. If somebody told me that they think I had some talent you can play in the US Open, I was like, oh, I got to miss the show. I'm going to Yeah, some other things I'd rather do. You know, let me ask you this. Do I get to play with Phil? He is playing?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: He is?
Speaker 8: It's a It's an Oakmont country Club in Pennsylvania, So that's this weekend. They're saying that that overpart might actually win the tournament. It's that the rough is that bad.
Speaker 3: That old I may have to watch now may win it and feels it if it's a feel there on down here.
Speaker 8: It says that Dell Earnhardt Junior should should appear and uh, it's gonna be at the first tea to welcome everybody you care.
Speaker 3: About don't be disrespectable to tie him into golf. Yeah, anyway, that's just a just a glance. It's just a gland for them. And I didn't even bring up the World Series about to drink up. I didn't even bring that up. College Baseball didn't even bring it up. That's right. It's not a lot of teams.
Speaker 2: That's just mean.
Speaker 3: And I won't do this every day, just every nine then things you might not to give a rip about. There's no teams in it I care about, right there, you hay Braves. What are we doing all right? Anyway?
Speaker 11: You did not This is the Rick Burgess ship.
Speaker 15: Oh,