Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So, as you know, my podcast.
Speaker 2: Reality with the King is on tour and my next stop is live in New York City with the one the Only Queen of New Jersey, Teresa Judais. Yes, on Tuesday, June eighteenth at the City Winery, Teresa Judais and I will have a live conversation in front of a live audience.
Speaker 1: Make sure you get your tickets now.
Speaker 2: Log onto my website Kingdom raint dot com. That's Kingdom r E I G N e n T dot com. Or if you're on social media and follow me, click on the link of my bio.
Speaker 3: To purchase your tickets.
Speaker 2: Once again, the website is Kingdom rainnt dot com. Hit the tab that says tour and me and to Lisa Judais cannot wait to see you on Tuesday, June eighteenth in New York City. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about Tamar Bricks and y'all.
Speaker 3: By the and callum Hi, Hi, Tamar, Hi, my love. Look at all these beautiful people in the building. Hi, y'all join.
Speaker 2: But before we get started, I want to tell you this. I love you. You're my sister, and I don't ever feel like you get celebrated enough.
Speaker 3: And tonight me the rain.
Speaker 2: Drops and the Tay Martians are here to celebrate you. And I have a gift for you because it's not every day a beautiful black woman has a number one single on us iTunes.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: So that gift is for you because listen, y'all be having a girl the blocks for all the craziest things, but y'all will be having her when she breaks records where she has a chart topping song. So this is my gift for you. On behalf of the rain drops on the tay Martians.
Speaker 3: Oh man, thank y'all so much. I love you, Tamar Braxton. This is your life. So listen.
Speaker 2: Before we get started with but because stuff, I want to start by asking you, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm great?
Speaker 4: First of all, I was trying to say before you gave me this, I have never been here before like this is you know. I know people come and perform at City Winery. This is my first experience here with you. Yeah, and I'm really happy to be here. And this is my first like live podcast. So I'm doing amazing. I feel amazing, Thank you, thank you. I feel healthy and blessed and so so grateful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel great. Yeh no, and I'm glad you did. Listen.
Speaker 5: We're all here to support you, to love you.
Speaker 2: And I mean when I say, I feel like when it comes to you, you are so misunderstood and I don't feel like you get the prop you deserve.
Speaker 5: I don't know too many people who can sing like you with the mic is on you. When she's live, she sound like her studio album.
Speaker 2: You know, she's not one of these girls who released music that are two minutes long. I mean, she's saying background born this way, lady got God, Honey, I'm gonna take Marsha and I'm nigga'stography. Bitch, don't flavor me, honey.
Speaker 3: I'm here for you now.
Speaker 5: Listen, girl, I'm the host of tonight.
Speaker 3: She don't have that so Louisiana. I'm gonna need you to let me do.
Speaker 2: I love you though, baby, and the cocktails are definitely flowing. Yes, But I always wanted to ask you this. That's what I came here for, right, okay O Bowers wanted.
Speaker 3: To ask you this though.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you get credit for that voice?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I feel like I do. I actually do. You know?
Speaker 4: When people show up to my tours and sell out my tours, I feel like that is getting the credit you deserve.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I feel like the Grammy nominations and all the accolades that I get nominated for, I feel like those are people who are definitely celebrating you, right.
Speaker 3: And you know when you.
Speaker 4: Just put out a birthday song and people go and support and buy it and make it number one without even doing anything, I feel definitely supported one thousand percent.
Speaker 3: One thousand percent. Well that's good. That's good because you are one of the.
Speaker 2: Few who's able to really sing. And I keep saying that, but I don't feel like some.
Speaker 5: Of the new girls sing like you can sing.
Speaker 2: And even now listen, not only can she sing, this woman created the bracts and family values and I don't anything for that, and theme song and a theme song you wrote the theme song of it. When it comes to that show, when you created Brax and Family Values, what was going on in your life where you felt like, Okay, I this is reality TV maybe the next phase of my career. Because before that, again, Lady God got Mary J. Blige, you were on the road.
Speaker 5: With your sister and you you had an incredible career.
Speaker 2: What made you create a show that still till this day is the highest rated show we TV has ever seen, not Lauren Order, you know, not the Law and Order repeats that comes on Saturday, Sundays, Monday, Tuesday Wednesdays to make up for the Braxon Family Value.
Speaker 3: So when what was going through your mind when you created that show?
Speaker 4: It's actually the longest running black family reality TV show in television history.
Speaker 3: Actually, to be honest.
Speaker 4: You know, we grew up on shows like A Different World and Cosby and two two seven, right, like black scripted television, and after a while, we just didn't have any of those things to like compare our lives to or to identifying with anybody on television.
Speaker 3: And I remember being.
Speaker 4: At the Thanksgiving dinner table and everybody was kind of having their own conversations. But have you ever been at a table where you can like hear everybody conversation and like and so I was just thinking that all of my siblings, we were actually in completely different walks of life, but we all wanted the same thing.
Speaker 3: And at that time, we all wanted to be entertainers. And Trina was.
Speaker 4: Married to Gabe at the time, and that was a mess at the cable. Tauanna was married to Andre and that was a mess at the table. My mother, my mother didn't want to be at the table because my father was there and she was like, I don't want to share a piece of wood with this man. Yeah, and then you know, Tony and Carrie and then all the kids was running around the house. And I just felt like, because we were all black women, there are no examples of black women on television in all facets of life. So I just thought it would be important, you know, to bring that to television and you know, give us an opportunity to recognize ourselves.
Speaker 3: That was really what it was about.
Speaker 4: No, you apply for that, Yeah, because a lot of people and let me check everybody in the room real fast, A lot of people would say I did it to be famous, and I did it because I already had money.
Speaker 3: I was already kept. A lot of people don't know it.
Speaker 4: No, for real, Like my job every day with Vents us to go to the gym every day, go to lunch and have a dress to wear for dinner. No, and go shopping. No really, that was I was like a basketball wife. No really, And so I did. No, I'm serious, I'm serious. So it wasn't about money. It was about the need for black women to be on television where our community can still feel a part of because it was not the Kardashians, because they were the only family TV show that was on then, and I think that Atlanta Housewives had just come out. But I just thought it was important for us to look at the television and number one, recognize ourselves, and then number two have something to look forward to, like, oh, I could do that too. They that's just like my cousin, that's just like me. I could be like that, And so that was important to me.
Speaker 3: So here you Are. The show debuts is a hit.
Speaker 2: And I remember having this conversation with a few of the girls you know my podcast because I know I love all the girls.
Speaker 3: I do every reality show has to break out star.
Speaker 2: It's just the way it is, right, Nini Leaks, you know what I'm saying, jos Lene Hernandez, It's just it just happens, right Quad, Well, right doctor Heavenly Quad.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: I love her. I enjoy her, Yes, baby, baby, she's.
Speaker 4: The start of her show. Heavenly Heavenly beg And I love Jackie.
Speaker 3: That's it's not joke being heavily yeah, but all trust aside.
Speaker 2: I remember watching the show and I was immediately drawn to you.
Speaker 3: Why though you I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Tell you what it was, and y'all tell me if y'all disagreed. You came in on the scene funny than a motherfucker, and you had your own words, your own slogging. I mean, you know what I'm saying, Like, I just want to like doing all that and then you don't like.
Speaker 5: That is a no dot com back slash or honey dot ed u.
Speaker 2: And I said, who who is this woman that acts like me in the games?
Speaker 3: At you know the plub I was I was. I was obsessed with you.
Speaker 2: You were arguably immediately the breakout star. When you became the breakstart, the breakout star of the Braxtons. Did that have an effect on your relationship with your family?
Speaker 4: I'm not really sure. I don't know how to answer that question, she said. Honestly, it definitely started a lot of tension, if I'm honest. Out of nowhere, and it was out of nowhere for me because this is who we all were without the cameras, you know, And it's nothing I was putting on or you know, acting or trying to become something.
Speaker 3: It just happened that way.
Speaker 4: And you know, my life was exactly the way that you know it was portrayed during the first and second season. Yeah, you know, I had, I have and always had a whole lot of gay friends, you know, since the fourth grade, Like this is a lifestyle for me.
Speaker 2: You were somebody's Judy and the port fourth grade.
Speaker 4: Yes, we would sit during lunch and eat our green peppers because we didn't want to get thig.
Speaker 3: Yes, eat our green peppers for lunch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and four grade and fourth grade, Yeah, you do like this all the time. I enjoyed him. No, Yeah, it did start a lot of tension. And I think because you know, it was only one super famous person in my family, and I just thought that maybe for my family was weird for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you regret doing the show? Do you feel like if the show never happened, the relationship would be different or back to being what it used to be before the.
Speaker 4: Show relationship wise, yes, but for the culture, No, it was necessary for the culture. And I just feel like sometimes the assignments that we get put on comes with that kind of backlash or stigma or I don't know, what's the lack of better word responsibility. Yeah, and so you know, the older, well, the younger version of myself wouldn't probably understand what that ministryment, but the older version and the healed version knows exactly what that is. So it doesn't bother me because I feel like it is a part of the plan.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: And the thing, yeah, you clap for that. And the thing for me is this, I'm very spiritual, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yes I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love me too, But I'm a spiritual sipper.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I'm a spiritual dipper. He accepts us as we all, as he does as he does.
Speaker 5: No, you know, for indication all the well, like all those things there we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the thing is this, I can't with y'all. Y'all have a bad thing. But you know, I'm very spiritual, and my thing with you is this. And the reason why I was so drawn to you is because I think a lot of people in this room can relate to this.
Speaker 5: All of us knows what it feels like to have.
Speaker 2: A dream and to dream of it so much it hurts, and to dream of something so much that you sometimes ask God, when is it going to happen? And if it's not going to happen for me, then take it away because the pain is too much to bear.
Speaker 3: Because I have this talent and I have this vision.
Speaker 2: Because in the Bible it talks you about your vision, like in order for you to accomplish anything in life, God gives you a vision, right, and then you have to be patient.
Speaker 3: And baby, you were patient.
Speaker 2: And when the show came about, we not only fell in love with your personality and your voice, we fell in love with your artistry. We fell in love the fact that you write your own music. We fell in love the fact that you really dedicated.
Speaker 3: Sorry, lot of people say that woman, she writes yeah because people of God. Yeah, because the people of God getting confused. We don't do ghostwriters.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, I collaborate with some people, But it's so funny to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get credit for it.
Speaker 4: I collaborate with people. But what I'm saying, it's so funny to me where people be like, oh my god, she's right, and you see me on the brass come up with a song in two point three seconds, like you gotta make it make sense right, that's.
Speaker 2: Song should have been a single. I mean it should have been. You were hidden for so long and the moment the show came out. I mean we're talking about love and war. We're talking about all the way home, stay and fight. Previous girl in the world, Thank you lord. I mean, should I go on and on? I mean, the thing is about you is this. You are so mother fucking talented to me that I never understood why people felt she created us for herself when no God hid her for so long.
Speaker 3: And I remember one thing your mother said to you.
Speaker 2: This is when you were doing Dancing with the Stars and the Real and the show and the spinoff and the album and having a newborn and going on tour. Your mother, let's talk about it. This is motivational. Mondays to y'all. Your mother said to you that I will never forget and I'll apply.
Speaker 3: This to my own life.
Speaker 2: She said, Baby, this is your season, and when it's your season, God is blessing you. Do you mind taking us back to that moment to where it was truly a rowin for you because all your dreams are coming true?
Speaker 6: But did he felt like it was at the cost of your marriage and relationship?
Speaker 4: Well, did it come at a cost?
Speaker 3: Well? No, The truth of the matter is one hundred percent right now. Feel that Vince wanted the best for me, right. I feel like he.
Speaker 4: Bust his ass for me, even when it meant he had to put himself on the line, right, because he really wanted to make this happen for me.
Speaker 3: But do I think that.
Speaker 4: That was a result of our relationship failing?
Speaker 3: Yes? And No. Number One is.
Speaker 4: Very difficult to have your husband manage you. And we've heard different stories about people in this industry who husbands is all up in the bees wax and it just doesn't work out right. It's always something, Oh, the husband is controlling or the husband needs to be quiet, right, we say that the husband need to take a step back. And although Vince sort of went through that, what I think we compromised was our intimate relationship. It became a business relationship because we didn't know when to cut off the intimacy and put on the business hat. Because if we're sitting at home watching a movie, two minutes later, here we are talking about business, you know, Or if we're on a date, it's a business meeting. And so, yeah, I do think that that was one of the things that was the fall of that relationship. But do I think that was one hundred percent the issue?
Speaker 3: Know, Bence and.
Speaker 4: I, I was twenty six years old when we started dating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know that. Yeah, so a lot of.
Speaker 4: People, Oh my god, she got with him for the money, she got her break it down and she can't have him allowed? No, No, Actually I didn't have Logan until I was thirty six. So during that time we were basically growing up together. And sometimes when you grow up with your spouse, you grow apart. And so, I mean, my love for him when I was that young was very true, very honest, and I do feel like it was just for that time.
Speaker 3: Answer your question, it does, It absolutely does.
Speaker 2: Because I want to say this, I agree with you percent that at the end of the day, Vince wanted you to be.
Speaker 3: A star, and he did that first. But he did. You said, oh, well, that was the thing he was.
Speaker 2: It was it was something to where listen like you said, let me tell you all about men last. So for all my pretty ladies and some of the guys hey in the in the room when you are dating and this is real talk. All the real estate agents in the room, all of the doctors and the.
Speaker 3: You know, I want to talk to all of you guys.
Speaker 2: Right when you're dating a successful man or married to one, nine times out of ten he prefers you to stay at home. And one of his ways of controlling the marriage is by making sure that you have everything you need, that you're not that that you know you need his mond Oh I gotta.
Speaker 5: Cute herse, daddy, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh baby, you know we get to travel and all this stuff. And the moment you want to dream, his whole thing is like, bitch, I just bought you this person and you're tripping. How many girls want this life? But that's what they do to control you. And then when you want to accomplish your dreams, it sometimes makes the man feel.
Speaker 3: Like, well, do you not need me anymore?
Speaker 5: Do I not provide for you anymore?
Speaker 2: Why are you logging for something else when you have a good life. And that's the reason why, the reason why I really want to talk to you in front of this room too, is because I want people to understand that when your INTERNTO relationship or marriage of convenience, it's cute in the beginning, it's real cute, and it's fun and it's fancying. We all want to go to Dubai and it's cute, but always know this comes at a price eventually when you want your dreams to come to you.
Speaker 3: And and what I will say, watching.
Speaker 2: The show, he was your number one fan. And when I saw the marriage end, I saw you break multiple times.
Speaker 3: He had his health issues.
Speaker 2: That's not a wife who only is with the man for his money. I saw moments of you crying and not wanting to perform to be with him.
Speaker 5: When it comes to your life right now, do you feel like.
Speaker 3: It's hard for you without Bence? No, not at all. No no no.
Speaker 4: I get to be my own person, I get to be my own boss. I get to make my own decisions, I get to make my own mistakes right. And although I learned a lot from Vince, I also am more proud of the businesswoman.
Speaker 3: And the artists that I am today.
Speaker 4: And I know that, you know, without vincing, Without his hard work, and the truth is, without his one point five million dollars that started the wrecks and family values, we would not be sitting here, no, for real, because he did He started it, he funded it, He funded that first season and baby yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And he did it.
Speaker 4: But he funded it, and he did it because he knew that it was passionate for me, something that I really truly wanted to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, But don't get no ideas. That's my cousin. We're related through logan. What is the relationship now with him? Oh, that's my cousin, cousin vance. I know it sounds weeb, but he's a family member.
Speaker 4: If I have a baby daddy or baby wan, who's a family member like y'all, like you've known him for forever.
Speaker 3: No, y'a ain't y'all gotta get healed.
Speaker 4: It's not that serious, y'all promise it's not that serious. No, I've spent I've spent Thanksgiving events, Christmas.
Speaker 3: Events all the time.
Speaker 4: So no, no, girl, we are past that. No, nobody want that. He got a woman.
Speaker 3: He does care. You like her? She's nice. I don't know, No, I don't know her. She's nice. She's a doctor. She's she's gorgeous, medicine. She should be. She lives in Miami.
Speaker 4: She's really you know, she's nice. Like, I don't have any complaints, you know what I'm saying. Like, and I don't have any complaints because I don't want them, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Does that makes sense? Gone with the wham? You know, that's what it's given. That's what it's given from me, not dust the dust. Yeah, like it's not it's not giving it for me. Yeah, what was I saying?
Speaker 2: Well, no, you said it all bo So okay, Yeah, you guys are good but great. And I want to say this. I go back and forth between Florida and Atlanta. I see Vince at the airport almost air beat week. He's an active father, and I want to make sure the world knows that I see him.
Speaker 3: All of the time.
Speaker 2: So just know that I'm happy to hear. The guys are in a good places.
Speaker 3: A lot to me.
Speaker 2: Speaking of good place, the Bractes are bad.
Speaker 5: So we saw not the simp but the patron honey.
Speaker 2: So we saw the announcement all of you know you ladies are back and obviously rest in peace, Tracy, who we love and we missed dearly.
Speaker 3: Rest in peace, Tracey.
Speaker 2: See now, we were like Tamar, never going back to the Braxtons because child Tamar said, y'all try to do me in. Honey, I'm chucking the deuces. Child, I'm off this bitch. And I would see y'all down at the alley and I would be in an unmarked car and I'm wearing all black, and hey.
Speaker 3: Something happens, you know, on my car.
Speaker 2: So I think we were all surprised to know you decided to return to the Braxtons.
Speaker 3: What made you decide to return? Number one? You I did just rap you out. Y'all don't know that it's true.
Speaker 4: We've had endless telephone conversations and I was like, hell no, that's not having it. They're gonna have to do it without me. And then this was I don't know if I'm allowed? Am I allowed to say this?
Speaker 3: This is reality for the king? You say what you want, baby, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they're shooting. I'm a friend to the show. I don't know what they're shooting, so I don't I don't fend I'm a friend to the show. Marlow Braxton, Marlow Braxton Brown, bitch, how you a.
Speaker 2: Friend to the show when you're a family member. So way, you're the Marlowe.
Speaker 4: Of the Braxton Marlow Braxton Brown, you don't have a peach, no peach, I have no peach.
Speaker 3: I don't want to peach.
Speaker 2: Paeder Braxton is along on the show either, and she is Paeder Braxton back.
Speaker 3: She could be. I don't know I'm a friend to the show.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that the Marlowe influence filled over into a family show. So on the on the on the reboot of The Braxtons, you are a friend.
Speaker 4: Of Guess I'm a friend to the show. But let me just tell you why. It's just not shade, I promise. The only reason why, well, there's three reasons why. The first reason why is because this is something that Tracy wanted for us to do on her you know, during her final days. This was something that became important to her. And I remember calling you in tears telling you about this, and I was just so conflicted because I did not know what to do right.
Speaker 3: Number two, my mother.
Speaker 4: Asked me to come back because she wanted the remaining of her daughters to finish a show that was so important not to this not to just this community, but to her as a mother and also to her daughters. And number three, the reason why I came back is because that gave me all of my things that I deserved during the first round.
Speaker 3: Chan chi chean.
Speaker 4: And also, you know, you know, like usually when you go to a network and you create a show so big as the Braxtons, you usually get like and definitely coming in as a producer and creator, you usually get like, you know, number one, a real producer credit number two producing opportunities to be able to have your own company and produce other shows and things like that, and also a substantial amount to make you feel better about the situation. And they gave me those things, so now I can create things with people like you, to create amazing, beautiful television for people like us.
Speaker 2: Hey man, she got the bag baby, that's that business woman tea.
Speaker 5: So you guys are currently filming, How has filming.
Speaker 3: Been so far?
Speaker 4: You know, it was a lot for me and a lot of people want to feel like everything that I went through was fake or to get out of a contract. I think I heard that somewhere ridiculous, and it wasn't. I was really going through it. I really felt captive. I really felt like I was a slave. I definitely was in a slave contract. We all were, and you know, it was not the best mental situation. I have been wanting to quit the Braxtons in season three and wasn't allowed to. Why not, Well, because of the contract that we were in A lot of like wall, you signed it, well, girlfriend, you know normally when you sign you know this, When you sign a contract, whether it's terrible or not, you are usually able to negotiate, especially when it becomes a hit. Well, they did not want to negotiate. They only wanted to change the money. So they only wanted to change and it wasn't that much. They only wanted to change the money and not the terms because they wanted to hold us to the terms or they would hold us in breach, which means you can't do nothing else unless you do this show or you work for me. Why are you shaking your head?
Speaker 2: Oh, because I didn't know this, Because obviously you come from the music industry, so we hear some of those stories in the music industry that you fell like, yeah, but music and.
Speaker 4: TV are two totally different things. And back then, you guys got to understand. And we signed this contract way before digital television ever came about. So it was no Netflix, it was no streaming, it was none of that. Like this was old and yeah, you know, it was just a situation that was completely unfair and I just didn't want to go back because I didn't want to put myself in that predicalmar Now since then, if I'm being fair, there are different people over there.
Speaker 5: Now, Yes it is who look like us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a friend to the show. Is it okay? So being a friend to the show? Is that easier for you? Do you feel more?
Speaker 2: Do you feel more at ease knowing that you don't have the pressures of carrying the show again? Because it's not But that's not dismissing to the others. It's a show these everybody, However, dot com.
Speaker 3: Like, if you ask Heavenly right now, what is Quad's roll on the show? What is the role?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I'm because what Heavenly what if Quad look at James not why am I here? No?
Speaker 4: No, because she's because it's married to medicine. Yes, yes, I think she'll do great on Housewives.
Speaker 3: Actually yeah, no, I'm just saying, but like on our show, like the other lady, what's the name? We don't know her name? She was new this season. We still don't know her name. What's her name? What the what was I'm not let's talk about it. Let's talk about it. This is not Listen, I am a reality show fan. No, I'm I'm lying. No, this is not Shane. I'm sure she's a very nice lady's no, what's her name?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Not see what kind of doctor is she? I'm not being funny. I'm just don't you the reality king wist talk about reality talk? I talk around.
Speaker 4: I can talk reality all day because I'm a name. Yes, I'm not trying to be funny, y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm not y'all. This is not shade. I've changed. I promise.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 3: It's not shame.
Speaker 4: Like are we not concerned about Real Housewives of Potomac right now?
Speaker 3: Like we're not concerned? We're confirmed. Look, but these are facts. Have a real conversation. I worried, but don't worry because what are we?
Speaker 2: What are we?
Speaker 3: What are we watching?
Speaker 4: I want to see Candice with her baby. You know that's what I want to see, you know, I want to see me talk about who the daddy is. I'm not being shady, you know what I'm saying, Like the truth is, Like, if Heavenly wasn't on married to medicine, will we be watching like that? Like I len and I love Jackie if it wasn't behind Jackie, Like what's what's the scene with the gangs the lady? Like what are we say talking about? Well, favras on there now, but we're still trying to find out where's the marriage to the medicine?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: I hate you interrupt, but stay tuned for more. Summertime is my favorite season of the year. I love to go to the beach. I love to take long walks at night with the cool breeze. Summer is my jam and one of the best things to do in the summertime when you're running wild and free, is to make sure you stay hydrated. A single stick of Liquor IV makes ordinary hydration extraordinary, honey. You know why because it had three times the electrolytes of the leading sports drink, plus e vitamins and nutrients for everyday wellness. One of the best things I love about Liquid IV. The packet is so simple. So all you do child, you open up the packet, pour into my cup, stir it up with a glass of water. It's really good. It has eight vitamins and nutrients. Plus it has four delicious sugar free flavors from white, peach, green grape, raspberry, melon, and lemon lime. Turn your ordinary water into extraordinary hydration with liquid IV. Get twenty percent off your first order of liquid IV when you go to liquidiv dot com and use code king ki NG at checkout. That's twenty percent off your first order when you shop Better Hydration today using promo code king k I n G at liquidivy dot com. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 3: Why haven't you joined The Real Housewives of a time if you want to motherfucking talk about it big because I know they called your ass a couple of times and slid over a deal memo.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you ever been contacted to oh to be a peachholder on the Real Housewives of Atlanta Because it's an s OS baby save our show.
Speaker 3: I'm concerned about that show too.
Speaker 2: Then when they ask you to be on it, why did you say no? Do y'all walk Tamar Braxy on the Real House.
Speaker 3: You don't want to see me, y'all. Don't want to see me on that.
Speaker 4: You don't do that Tamar and Kenya? No, because I don't have anything for Kenya.
Speaker 3: Because what's what that's my sister.
Speaker 4: I don't mean it like that. We talked about this backstad, I don't. I actually don't know her. No, No, I am from it, y'all know.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. I just moved here two years ago. Stop. I've been in LA for twenty five.
Speaker 4: Don't do that meaning I'm not acquainted with I don't know her that way.
Speaker 3: So I don't have anything for her, you know what I mean. I don't have a reason to come after her. Why don't come after her? Haircat?
Speaker 4: Like, what's the problem? Like, I don't have a problem, you know what I'm saying. But I'm concerned about that show with just her and Porsche.
Speaker 3: Who else is there? They really need you to come back but me. They ain't worried about me. They need to cut you the check.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the Brinks truck has to come down to the now. You feel what I'm saying, I mean boom because the gag is it's an easy fix.
Speaker 3: It really is. What do you think? What do you think is the drawback? Why did you turn off me? Well?
Speaker 4: I am five time Emmy nominated television hosts Darling get into it.
Speaker 3: No, no, really, what do you think the drawback is?
Speaker 2: What do you think the problem is? All right, I'm gonna let's have a real conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, real one, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: So for me, there's I know exactly what that show needs.
Speaker 3: I know exactly who that show needs.
Speaker 2: What I will say is this, they need some of the OG's back.
Speaker 3: I concur Ninny leaps. Where's Kim Zozak? Though? You think they just won't hire her back?
Speaker 2: You know, I think it's because she doesn't have a connection with the girls like she used to, And I think that's a big deal for them. Listen, we all know the best season of Atlanta Housewives is season six and season nine.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, but you gotta make it makes sense because that don't make sense what you just said. That was real cute, But that don't know because who's porsious cool with? Who's Who's Who's who?
Speaker 3: Is this thing. No, I'm that's that's a piss pork no number. But that's my point, that's my point.
Speaker 2: I know exactly what it takes to fix that show, and I know who the players are. They needs to be involved to fix it. I don't think so much of new faces personally me. I know there's people who need to be on it. And look, why won't you.
Speaker 3: Do the show?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 3: You really did bring that back? Jack? They did they call you? Wow? Did they call you for me? A lot of people call me for you babies.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've had conversations. But the truth is is like it's just no way. I'm going to sit and make up and get a wig put on and get my face beat to argue with a bunch of bitches about nothing. I can't do it. No, what does that do for me in my life? Like, what's the argument?
Speaker 3: I can't? What?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, let me tell you something. Let me tell you something, Let me tell you something. It's all money ain't.
Speaker 3: Good money, amen, it's just not you know. And you know this is what I say. What's for me? Won't miss med? You know? And I can't.
Speaker 4: It's not worth my mental to sit up here and get up, get into an argument with another black, beautiful woman about nothing, so other people can think, other people can think, this is what we're about. At some point, you have to have responsibility in what you put on the TV screen. I don't want to be a part of that kind of television. I want to make feel good, funny good, relatable, epic television.
Speaker 2: You know, Listen, a lot of people love you, a lot of people want you to be happy.
Speaker 3: You are in a relationship, you're engaged, y'all, do not like that? Man down? Listen, we gotta talk about Colonel Sander Jesse. Let's talk.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about Colonel Sanders. No, I don't call him mad, No, do that, you know, But that's that's how. That's how Joe, that's what jo the joke, cause you know, sometimes I see, First of all, I've spoken to him, okay, because real life, this is my sister in real life, in real life, in real life, like we're close. I spoken to him, and I want y'all to know this, and y'all know me. I don't lie, right, I've spoken to him. No, No, he's really nice. He's a nice guy. He's handsome. When I look at him. I sometimes crave for a two piece chicken, you know, thigh and leg with a mashed potatoes coasla and b. I'm teasing you, girl, I'm teasing he thought he's very handsome. Talk to me about that relationship, because listen, one thing about she and I, we are honest to our fans and to the audience. Right the fact that you like y'all don't like him. The only thing I can say is we have personal conversations. I would never spill her tea because that's not that's not who I am. Her other friends be doing it, and I'll be texting her like you.
Speaker 3: Clean your friend, you tee bitch, But that ain't me because she knows I'm protective of her.
Speaker 2: So the world does think Tamar Braxton has allowed this white man to confuse her, do her and defend her white king, and and a lot of your fans be like now.
Speaker 3: Look saying mama roth for you, bitch, but look your real slippery. So I want you to be.
Speaker 2: Able to have this opportunity to clear that up. Yah Ya, my falcon's crash. Don't look that Dallas okay, Oh.
Speaker 1: Dynasty bad not nots landing.
Speaker 2: Okay, you didn't ask me nothing.
Speaker 3: What is the status?
Speaker 2: No meanie Meani mean, are you and j are good?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. I'm not hiding anything. So the truth of the matter is Jr.
Speaker 4: And I decided that, you know, we would keep our relationship completely private, no matter what the status is. We decided that we would keep it private from everyone. I mean, because here's here's the thing. I really did take a page out of Ashanti book. No really, Ashanti works in mind her fucking business, you know, and her and Nelly got back together and we know nothing about it. And you know, here they are living happily ever after with absolutely no drama and no interference. And you know, one day, I wouldn't love to have that life. I just want people to concentrate on my industry, my music, my television shows, and that is the topic of the conversations.
Speaker 3: Not who's in my bed what they know. And I Am not.
Speaker 4: Even interested in that anymore, because you know, it came up like, oh, well, you need to get back with Vins when everybody said that, When the truth is you.
Speaker 3: Removed from that, and.
Speaker 4: I just find it better just for my life to keep my personal life personal.
Speaker 2: It is no I'm proud of you with that, because listen, your success has a lot to do with the fact too. Not only are you talented, you can really sing, and you know you are somebody that the Mummy you pop on screen, we just love you, but you also wear your hard in your sleeve. So the fact that you're now understanding the power of boundaries when it comes to that. Did that come because were you surprised how many people were so invested in that relationship?
Speaker 4: It really wasn't about that relationship particularly, It was the fact that I had really worked my ass off and created this ten year anniversary tour, and that whole relationship issue overshadowed all of the hard work that I.
Speaker 3: Put into it. It was thank God for Jesus.
Speaker 4: However, you know, the talk of the town wasn't how I was able and the only artist that was able to bring back an album that was ten years old bring it back and sell out the same venues as Victoria Monet Sexy Red, only they got a rooms and small No, baby, this is the same rooms that everybody else is in and also be my own promoter. Yeah, and that wasn't the conversation, and that bothered me. Yeah, because it was a big deal.
Speaker 2: You sold out, baby, I sold out the entire tour, and I want to I want to raise you up one too.
Speaker 3: You had black women open up from you.
Speaker 2: Juice the Door, Candice Dealer, Bassett, I did Tiffany Evans.
Speaker 3: The list goes on and on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I had no promoter.
Speaker 3: I put up my own money.
Speaker 4: I used to my own money, and now I have a successful touring company. See but you won't know that because you'll be over here talking about that. That's why I won't talk about that no more.
Speaker 3: Now you get it. No.
Speaker 2: But and that's the reason why I wanted to make sure that everyone knew about you having a number one single. You know what I'm saying? Oh us iTunes R and B like that's that's this is no billboard billboard.
Speaker 4: Really what happened was like lest year, we put out Changed on my birthday and the response was so great and we didn't even really expect it. As a matter of fact, we didn't even have another record to come with. That's why we didn't come with it, because it was never meant to like be this thing, right or a big single, and Changed was as a matter of fact, it was the number five R and B single of last year. But we ain't talk about that because I'm too busy talking about my relationship.
Speaker 3: See what I'm saying. That's why I'm doing that. No more so so.
Speaker 4: When we put out Noticed Me, which was on my birthday. We put it out on my birthday. And when I tell you, my whole team went on vacation, Phil, everybody, all of us, Rob We all went on vacation. We all came back a week later and it was number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. God is so good. No, God is good, so good he never forgets.
Speaker 2: It also goes to show you, though, Tamar, you have a leaden of fans and supporters. So can we expect a new album that that'll come out soon?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, very soon. So let me tell y'all what this album was like. It's almost like it's almost like calling all lovers and loving war had a baby.
Speaker 2: Because you know my favorite she gets mad, but I'm mad. She always gets embarrassed calling all lovers. My favorite song in the whole wide world is Circles. I tell her this, all this, I'm obsessed with circles, and.
Speaker 3: She'd be like, Carlos, shut up. I'm like, Circles is everything.
Speaker 2: So it's it's it's like all the way home, I'm going around in a circle. Then I'm gonna stay and fight with you. You know what I'm saying. But if I don't have you, you know, is it?
Speaker 3: It's like they had a baby.
Speaker 4: This is the baby from Calling All Lovers and Love and War. It's my favorite album actually so good.
Speaker 3: When is it coming out?
Speaker 4: I can't tell you that. I can't tell you that because I don't want to spoil it. You know, it's coming out soon, sooner than you think. Spring Summer, Fall, It's coming out Springs Summer debuting and the Fall.
Speaker 3: No, it won't be that long. It won't be that long.
Speaker 4: Okay, So speaking of but I will tell you my next single is the song in the Summer.
Speaker 3: Oh really, it's the R and B song in the Summer.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, okay, okay, all right, So look, speaking of babies, do you want to have another baby?
Speaker 3: How that box words baby baby? Not out of this one?
Speaker 1: No, you're done?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're done here, no more. My baby's ten. You only be like Janet Jackson and just like you know, well we're not the same age, that's for sure. I know that. No, I know that I know that. No that, so you're done. You're done, all right, So the next thing I want to do.
Speaker 1: I got two surprises for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the next thing I want to do is hot topics.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Okay, we spoke about Potomac and Atlanta and all that stuff. I want to get your thoughts all what's been happening in pop culture? Okay, there's a lot going on in your industry of music.
Speaker 4: It ain't got nothing to do with me, I know, but I want your opinion on it.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about this? Whole thing?
Speaker 2: Was Sweetie and and Chris Brown and Quabo. Because my thing is this, I'm team Sweetie because if I don't have a ring on my finger, I get to dip and dabble on anybody's nachos, Derito, Cheetoes, Snickers, bar Eminem, peanuts. You know what I'm saying, I don't care if that's your man's and now you know, but but that but that's me and I'm also gay man.
Speaker 4: So you're saying, let's normalize being a whole, because let's talk about it. If that's what we're saying, I'm not calling her one. He's saying that he is one. So that's where I'm getting that from.
Speaker 3: I'm not a whole no more. That's what you said. You say you dipping deritos. No, no, no, no, I don't mind.
Speaker 2: I've lived VI carelessly through the girls because you know Quabo was on here baby it'll be you know dominoes that you know it'll be a little you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying, poplock and drop it. Oh my god, speak it's so fast. It's not about that life. Because I always say this, I feel like.
Speaker 2: I felt like, listen before you take your last breath. Carlos be lying, light hair, He's just he's not.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not I want to be so bad.
Speaker 2: I didn't say no, no, I'm not a hole, but you want to be so bad?
Speaker 3: Why he missed that part? I missed that part.
Speaker 1: I loved my whole phase. When I had it, it was a hole?
Speaker 3: Was it fun? It was fun. I'm gonna tell you why we called it.
Speaker 4: We're not gonna say home. That's outside. I was outside side. The thing is this, let's have a real conversation.
Speaker 3: Always.
Speaker 2: Dating is different when you get money.
Speaker 3: Why you say that.
Speaker 2: For because because when you don't have it, dating is dry, right Because it's sort of like dry or is it a necessity?
Speaker 3: No, The thing is this, I'll speak for men, so you know what I'm saying. When you get I almost speak for the fellas. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. So the thing is that I was like going back intogether, show up hands.
Speaker 2: When you started making money, then dating feel a little different.
Speaker 3: Right, it felt, it felt.
Speaker 2: The thing is this, you have this bravadoness, you have this confidence. You don't mind because you know, back in my day, I would be like this, like, yo.
Speaker 3: What's up? You want to like? You know what I'm saying. You want to you want to go to the mall role. You can't do that before?
Speaker 2: But I had no money as a gap. No, I couldn't do that. But when I started to making it because I was just broke, you know what I'm saying. So when I started making money, I became boys daddy's.
Speaker 3: And you know, thieves became thieves.
Speaker 2: Became a little bit easier for your boy.
Speaker 3: You know, all I have to do is this. You're so he's so faked. You see me a long girl, y'all get this right? You get this right? You get it you know it.
Speaker 2: Was different, but you know, things are you know, so I feel like everybody, before you take your last breath, you should be a whole have a whole phase, you know. I feel like everybody show up hands if you ever had a whole phase.
Speaker 3: Sit down, baby, sit down baby, y'all my people, do you have one?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Are you getting laid tonight?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Period? Okay? Are you a top bottom? Burst? The girls of the girls are versus? These days? There are no more tops and no more bottoms? Are the girls are the verse? What of it? What's the tea? Bitchy?
Speaker 2: Better?
Speaker 3: Watch?
Speaker 4: Have you ran into a bottom? A strict bottom? It's been a long every long time, every day for me.
Speaker 3: Every day. Let's say, you gotta boo but fun No, I'm just saying, you.
Speaker 2: Know, the bottles the boy, that's not true.
Speaker 3: There's no bottoms in that. Let me any bottoms in Atlanta. Everybody's a verse.
Speaker 2: Any more bottoms in the building, that's true?
Speaker 3: Okay? And my whole point? Who else? No, that's I kept telling everybody your bottom, your verse? No, no, no, no, okay. Why I'm a power bottom.
Speaker 4: Amen, very much, so, very very your power bottom.
Speaker 3: Power bottom baby. From my heart, God about everybody made.
Speaker 2: Should you get your whole phase before you do anything in this world, get a.
Speaker 5: Whole face, Make sure you condoms.
Speaker 3: I missed that. Did you ever have a whole face? I've never had a whole phase.
Speaker 2: You've always been in a relationships away, even when you dated Tyrese.
Speaker 3: Oh, I did not. Don't clink, Do not clink, Do not.
Speaker 4: Clink though I saw that picture because I did not date Tyrese.
Speaker 3: Tyres Is my brother lives down the street from me. He is. I know.
Speaker 4: We went to the American Music Awards together because Frank Gadson made us go together.
Speaker 3: Remember Frank aasen I do. And that was that. You dropped me off home and that was it. I'm sure. No, really I haven't. I haven't.
Speaker 4: I haven't had an opportunity to day an athlete, no basketball player, no football player, no rapper.
Speaker 3: I ain't do none of that.
Speaker 7: Get your dream boom boo, get my whole ray uh, get.
Speaker 3: Your drea on. Get you a young boob who ca who can blow your back out and make you sing. You gotta strong got a song back, not a big back, but a strong back.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if if you were.
Speaker 2: Ever to be single because I don't you know, we're not gonna talk about any status because you're private. If you were to ever become single, just have a whole phase. And I want you to date some of these younger men because this is the thing. A younger man is gonna bless every part of your life.
Speaker 3: I don't have a time for a child. It is true.
Speaker 4: Ain't no room in my phone storage. It's trying, got no time for a child.
Speaker 3: No, you want a man. I have a man, and I like this.
Speaker 4: I like gentlemen, though, yes, like there's nothing like what.
Speaker 3: Could he do for me? Yeah? You know what I mean, don't. I mean, kudos to the people.
Speaker 4: But but that's like my nephew and them age.
Speaker 3: How does that work? We'll talk after Albur's baby, we'll talk. We'll talk. We'll talk, we'll talk. Okay, so before tripping.
Speaker 4: And my tripping anybody off, like farting and my bucket, Like what's the conversation with a twenty seven year old at Like yeah, because your mother and my business is never ever gonna work. It's giving very much. Fuck that bitch. No, really like and I don't want to be disrespectful, but like am I tripping? Yeah boom, talking about you can't come over with my roommates song.
Speaker 3: I'm done, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Okay, So before we end the night, I have to continue because again, tonight is honoring Tamar Braxton. Okay, so we know that Brandy is the vocal Bible.
Speaker 3: We know Beyonce's the queen of music.
Speaker 2: We know Aretha's a queen of soul, Tina Turner's the queen of rock and roll, and Janet Jackson is the queen of pop.
Speaker 3: Motherfuckers. Don't get it twisted. But baby, you are.
Speaker 2: Well Whitney Okay, Okay, you're right, You're right, You're right, Whnney.
Speaker 3: And Mariah right.
Speaker 2: The voice, the voice, Tony Bracton's voice is everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, but this one.
Speaker 2: Right here, baby, your tam Brses did not play with you. No, she is the vocal Encyclopedia. The sais bitch Webster's dictionary. We ain't gonna play my girl's voice. Okay, okay, yes we.
Speaker 1: Got props, honey.
Speaker 2: Okay, So look, anybody who follows me, No, I'm a big manifesto.
Speaker 1: I believe you have to speak things into existence.
Speaker 2: And I'm not lying when I say I have been a fan of yours for so long, and I'm honored to call you a friend forever. Okay, So, I don't know if you ever saw this. I want the girls to know this. It's messy Monday, but it's also motivational Monday. I want all of you to walk away tonight just having fun, getting some tea and all that stuff. But I want you, guys to know the power of your voice and the power of thought, and you have to speak.
Speaker 1: Things into existence.
Speaker 2: I was doing an interview once and they asked me, who's the one person that you want to work with?
Speaker 1: And this is what I said. Queue it up, please, who would.
Speaker 3: You like to create a show for? About good question? I love bra There's a couple of other.
Speaker 2: People that is on my wish list and I'm working with them now, so pay with me. I would love.
Speaker 3: To work with Tamark Braxton.
Speaker 2: I haven't told that she wants to work with me too. Let me follow each other on Ansley Graham and I.
Speaker 3: Ran into her few time and she loves you know. We exchanged blessingtories.
Speaker 5: Okay, but if I had to.
Speaker 3: Do anybody on the top of my kid, I would love to I think she is an iconic personality.
Speaker 2: I think she's one of those few people who you know, who brings it and I would love to create the show with her.
Speaker 5: That's hilarious to love.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, I'm not gonna cry because I know I can't.
Speaker 3: Okay, we can put the screen back up.
Speaker 2: But I want to say that God brought you into my life for a reason, and I am a product of God's blessings. And I'm a product of just a little gay boy from Detroit, Michigan who had a dream and at my you know, big age, I still dream and you were in my dreams and the fact that my dreams have become a reality. You will never understand how much of a place you have in my heart. How I've always looked at you and felt like she just needs somebody who she can trust, somebody who just has her best interest at heart, who doesn't want anything from her, just the best. And you have made my dreams come true tonight. This is nothing but the sheer manifestation of me speaking you into existence. And I am a lucky, lucky boy to call you my friend, and I love you so listen, Thank you all for coming out tonight. Seriously, seriously and listen. All of you in this room has made my dreams come true as well to have a sold out show in Atlanta, because you know it's it is a big deal. It's a huge deal and it goes to show you the love you guys have or she and I and I don't take any of this for granted, I really don't.
Speaker 3: I love you too. I love you too. I love you too. The rain drives in the tech Martians are now cousins.
Speaker 1: Yes, some may be kissing cousins, but you know it is the South.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I love y'all so much. Thank you, Thank you guys so much. I love all of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Good seeing you, thank you God, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, baby, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I love you all. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions yet and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley rix An executive produced by Me Carlos King, king Domraing Entertainment, Baby,