Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Lisa Montel.
Speaker 3: All Right, I want to start with Apple, because the shares fell more than nine percent yesterday. That erased about three hundred and eleven billion dollars in market value. It was the worst single day decline since March sixteen, twenty twenty, during the pandemic. So that's a while. Shares have been down as much as four percent this morning, but we talked about it yesterday. Right, The supply chain relies heavily on China. New Terriss reached thirty four percent in China off for China. But it's not just China. Apple also relies on other nations, for example, India, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, even yes, Paul Ireland. Yes, but it's not just Apple. To Dell Technologies, they sank nineteen percent yesterday. Those shares down as much as a four percent before the bell to.
Speaker 4: So some big big names taking some big big hits here. We had some Bloomberg Television came out just earlier this morning with some charts and they're just kind of breaking it down. There's no real sector that's escaping us. You know what. You just look across the boils and package goods, consumers, the technology, you know, the commodities, pretty much everything across support. It's simply a risk off environment reflecting increased levels of Insercha and Nike, I.
Speaker 3: Mean footwear apparel, that's another one. I mean, what's wild about this. The Nike story is that during President Trump's first term, apparel and footwear makers they shifted manufacturing out of China to avoid tariffs, and now they're being hit anywhere because they's targeting the same nations that they moved to.
Speaker 1: But to the point of, you can't grow bananas in America, can we grow Michael Jordan's sneakers? Jordan's is just as important a discussion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, they go to.
Speaker 3: Viet They go to Vietnam for a lot of that. Stillantis, Yes, of course they're dealing with all tarifs. They closed down like nine percent yesterday this morning there up as much as as they are six percent. Also dealing with a few other things, though not just tariffs. It's this trickle down effect because now you have about six thousand workers in Counada's auto sector receive those temporary layoff notices. A majority of them work at a Stillantis Planet in Ontario makes Chrysler Dodge vehicles and they're going to post production for two weeks starting on Monday. But they also received on top of this, and know some other bed news, Stillantis received a downgrade by Fitch due to the tariffs too, So on top of that news.
Speaker 1: They also set it down. Thank you, thank you so much for bringing this up. Well, this is not a small matter. I mean we're all looking at Apple with a gazillion dollars of cash on the balance seat there's four to eighty three whatever other stocks. And you wonder in this new fragility, when Fitch, Moodies, S and p.
Speaker 4: Step in start looking at the balance.
Speaker 1: You know, that's the first I've heard that. At least Mateo.
Speaker 2: Out front with them.
Speaker 3: That's what they're doing with Wayfair a down grade there, I mean Wayfair, I didn't even realize it. They were down twenty five percent yesterday. That's the online furniture retailer. Before the bell, the had been down as much as ten percent, but they got a downgrade from City and City saying Wayfair. Yes, they are positioned well long term, but the tariffs have made the risk to revenue now greater. And which interesting is that they said eBay is a good alternative to look at instead of Wayfair.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.