Speaker 1: Warning, Today's episode contain spoilers for all four episodes of Marvel Zombies on Disney Plus. Hello, my name is Jascontepsi Canmerzy night. Welcome back to Extra Vision, the podcast where you got your favorite shows, movies, comics and pop culture. Coming to you from our podcast where we're bringing you three episodes a week Saturday Saturday.
Speaker 2: In today's episode, we are diving into the Marvel Zombies animated series. Can you believe it exists? I can barely believe it exists? And it's only four episodes long. So it's going to be a quick recap and then we'll have a combo about, you know, Marvel the animation Marvel Zombies. Where do we see it headed next? This is another interesting MCU project. I think we'll tell us more about what we're going in the future, both business wise and hopefully story wise.
Speaker 1: Okay. Episode one opens with a wonderful trio Kamalogy, Kate Bishop and Reerey Williams. There are scavenging and the zombie wasteland of what I think is New York City or it might be LA and they're looking for just you know, stuff to bring back to their little headquarters. And in the course of that, they find this weird little thing inside the stomach of a zombie, so they realize that it's Shield Tech. So they've set course for a Shield base in order to figure out what this thing is and to access it. Passing through the valley of the Broken Gauza attacked by zombies, Kate is killed by a zombie Captain, Marvel setting the kind of tone for the series, which is we're going to lose multiple characters per episode, which.
Speaker 2: I like, yeah, you know what, we are rarely ever going to get to see these big name characters get killed, so it is exciting, but also, like, I love Kate, so I was very sad about that. I did think it was interesting that they continue the thread here of the zombies still having the powers, which I always think is really right.
Speaker 1: They're very it takes some time for them to utilize get their skills back, but yeah, but they after they've been running around for a while, as we see.
Speaker 2: Because the Zombie Captain novel, she's got those powers for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, Zombie Hawkeye was really good as well.
Speaker 2: I love the idea that Zombie Hawkeye is just forever going around just shooting a Howard for all his that's his ars, Like, how does he get That's what I'm wondering. Does he pick them back up? Like I gotta know?
Speaker 1: So, Kate is killed by Captain Marvel. Re Re sacrifices herself to allow Kamala to escape. Kamala's rescue by Blade, who is now the avatar of Kanchu, though no one kind of believes him when he says. At Blade and Kamala reached the Shield base, they're greeted by the Russians Lena, Red Guardian, uh Malina, Mom and the daughters who are a kind of like squad of widows. And here's here's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: This is your spiciest take, Go for it.
Speaker 1: The voice acting for Molina, I'm just saying, the voice acting for Molina. The Russian accent is so bad that it almost made me feel like I thought we were using AI now, folks, like, can't we you know, like the Brutalist they fixed the Hungarian accents and the Brutalist using AI and everybody was up in arms about it. But honestly, listening to this, I'm like, maybe they were right. Maybe what you do in the maybe what you do in the future is you if you use AI to like tighten up an accent in the deleted scenes, you released the before and after version so people could be like, you know what, Okay, Yeah, I like almost out of it.
Speaker 2: I think the really interesting thing is I don't believe that they even brought back the actress who they did not bring Yeah, so it's no Rachel Wise. So in that case, I'm like, just hire somebody who has a Russian accent if you can't do it like they I'm like, if Rachel Wise doesn't have to be here doing the bad accent, then what's the point of having someone doing a bad accent? Yeah? It really it definitely took me out. Those accents are pretty outrageous.
Speaker 1: I'm sure others will say Vice's accent was not exactly Gangbusters either.
Speaker 2: True, I know, but I'm saying, if she's a big name and you've got her back, then you gotta deal with the accent that she's doing. Because she's Rachel Wise. I'd let her do whatever she wanted. But but when it's not Rachel Wise, like, maybe maybe we could have tightened it up a little bit. Lots of outrageous Russian accent. Yeah, just cast someone with a better accent.
Speaker 1: Okay. So then we're at the Shield base. They turn on the transmitter. They figure out that it's a distress call that calls the Novercore, the space cops of the Marvel Universe, but it needs to be activated in space in order to activate that to trust call. However, the zombies are now like ringing the bass in a throng, seemingly like a million two million strong zombies led by a Koye, now the scion of the Queen of the Dead. She's got multiple superpowered zombies in the Horde, seemingly headlined by Abomination, Captain America with no legs, Ghost and Hawkeye.
Speaker 2: And Captain America is doing a lot without those legs.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, there's a really great fight. The fight between Red Guardian Captain America with no Legs is a highlight of the episode.
Speaker 2: That's top ten MC. You stop, it's so good, good stuff.
Speaker 1: So everybody has to flee this base because it's quickly being overrun. Despite the Widows and everybody's best efforts to like gun down the Horde, it's just they're simply like too many of them, And Molina ends up sacrificing herself to all the rest of the group to escape, thus saving us from further Russian voice acting. And we wonder if it wasn't purposeful, if they're like, well, do you really have to hire somebody just kill us?
Speaker 2: First responses to the first episode of Marvel Zombies.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a strong episode.
Speaker 2: I thought it was actually a very good first episode. This one kind of it had me questioning my own cynicism. I was like, Okay, I was like, maybe there's something to this because they managed to keep the emotional stakes high. And I love obviously this kind of Young Avengers esque team. I love Kamala being at the front of this story because she's great and AmAm Vallani's voice acting is impeccable. Like the animation is also a step up from what we've seen before and what if, especially when it comes to the faces and emotional acting. So yeah, I found myself quite intrigued by this, though I will say they set up an early issue that I had with the zombification kind of law. Lor in this space is like a lot of these zombies, like a Koya. She's talking like, I feel like maybe there should be I think we're at the point of the zombie apocalypse now where maybe there should be a mediation rather than just like a full blown like we just got to kill them, because I feel like at some point they've gained some kind of sentient or understanding.
Speaker 1: Back, right, I mean, we certainly kind of get that with the appearance of the Queen of the Dead sort of yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean even a Koye as a scion is like she's talking to people, she's ordering people around, So I'm like, I at first thought she was the Queen of the Dead, but obviously to connect it to.
Speaker 1: I did find myself kind of wishing they were more simply mindless zombie. Yeah, they're just like attacking.
Speaker 2: Which was great. The Captain America zombie is definitely that, and that was really effective because also from the original you know, Marvel Zombies comic by Robert Kirkman and Mark Miller and Greg Land and all those guys, that vision of Captain America's zombie is so iconic. So I thought they did a really good job bringing that in and kind of like making it some of the most iconic kind of zombiefication moments, making sure that they were on the screen because people love this comic. They loved it when it came out, you know, twenty years ago, and the kids they love it now through YouTube. It was peak.
Speaker 1: It was peak. That was peak Zombie Revival. Also, yeah, exactly twenty post twenty eight days post The Walking Dead.
Speaker 2: Which is why they got Yes, Robert kug went back to do this. So yeah, I'm very interested in that angle of it. But let's talk more. Let's go to episode two.
Speaker 1: We opened in San Francisco in the midst of the zombie outbreak, sometime before the events of Shang Chi the movie. So Chang Chi Katie and Jimmy Wou, who are still working at the restaurant, are saved by are saved by when we win the Ten Rings, when we sacrifices himself to keep shunk Chi alive. Years past, shang Chi, Katie, Jimmy Wou, and Death Dealer are part of like a mad Max existence out in the desert. They arrive in New Orleans, which is like a fortified camp run by Baron Zimo.
Speaker 2: Kind of it's and he and he's running the raft as like a hotel what you can survive the apocalypse.
Speaker 1: He also hates heroes, but like there's a lot of them. Here.
Speaker 2: I know, he's such a.
Speaker 1: He's such a hypocrite, he's such an end And this camp is like its economy is based purely on barter, like they came with cows so they were allowed in.
Speaker 2: So also, I just I do just want to say that I was one of the funniest moments of the season for me is when the Scrolls tried to steal the cows on the way out. That was a good, good little joke for the comic book heads.
Speaker 1: Couldn't all the carmartage wizards just like open a portal drop all the zombies through.
Speaker 2: The Seriously, Jason, there's so many questions about why the zombie was able to happen aka everyone is useless apparently.
Speaker 1: So at the city, Chang Chi and friends run into the survivors from episode one, Kamala, Blade, Elena, Red Guardian, et cetera. However, Baron Zimo, who hates heroes as he says, betrays the group to a group of underwaters zombies led by Naymar, who I was left wondering, shouldn't Naymore be weaker if he's like a little dryer, Like, aren't when you're dead? Aren't you dried?
Speaker 2: Out very interesting law here because also as well, I will say, if you can do a deal with name More and be like, I'm going to give you these heroes to eat, like again, I think you're calling into question the sentience of the zombies and their ability to.
Speaker 1: Make dal So that was a little bit.
Speaker 2: I do think that. I do think out of all the zombies we see, I think the Name of Zombie is the coolest, like scary reimagining of the characters. But yeah, I mean there's a lot of questions going on at this point about like how zombie Apocalypse kind of has continued at such a ray and just generally like the Avengers are not up to snuff.
Speaker 1: I do like that, even though it's extremely tropy. I do like that every episode essentially ends with Helm's deep yes.
Speaker 2: Every single time they're like, yeah, it better be a craziest team up you've ever seen, including a giant battle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the city is overwhelmed by Name More zombie forces and everybody has to escape once again. As they're on their way to try and call the novacre, Kamala kills Anymore in a really cool actually way, and then she like blows his head off. But Lena is like, you know what, I've had enough of this.
Speaker 2: I'm done.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm done, done, done, Like I'm gonna stay here. You guys get out of here. Red Guardian's like by but they escape and let's escape to an ad break. We're great back and we're back Episode one oh two in the books. Now on to one oh three flashback. Wakanda, Spider Man, Black Panther, and Scott Lang's Head with the Cape of Levitation are fighting zombie Thanos and his five Infinity Stones. Thanos is obviously like super powerful. He like opens a chasm to the Earth to expose the vibranium in the Earth's core. Expose the molten vibranium to the Earth's core to Challa in order to stop the sacrifices himself to push that into the Earth's court. The energy of the stones sends out shock waves that warps reality. Spider Man and Scott Lang's Head are then saved by the Sorcerers of Carmartage. We go to the present day, come on and Crewe make it to New as Guard where everything's closed off. It's walled off. You're not allowed in unless you're God, So get out. Of here. But then Blade reveals like, oh yeah, like boom, kan Chu, I am the avatar of Kanchu, so let me have to let me in. Valkyrie's like, oh kan Chu, you crazy motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, se a pal.
Speaker 1: You had to see a pal. And it's like and I love that. Nobody else sees it. Also, like they're just like what they get in there, and it's just revels, just constant, like they're the gods of Asgard and the and the mini gods are just kind of passing the time drinking and partying and toasting to their fallen comrades. As Thor kind of sits there in this fad and like funk. You know, he's not he's not he's out of it. He's depressed. He's very sad at what's happened. So everybody's feasting there, and they're feasting not only to their phone comrades, but they're feasting as like a celebration of the Queen of Kovia, who's arrived there as a guest. And everyone's like, especially Zimo is like, well, you know, we didn't have royalty, Like I grew up in Zacoba on the radio and beyond Zakovia and I don't recognize any like what queen. Everybody realizes, Oh shit, that's the Wait a second, that's Wanda maximum off the Queen of the Dead. But the betrayal is revealed. All the rebels revelers are like eating and drinking corpse pieces.
Speaker 2: Very scary.
Speaker 1: Everybody is forced to escape. We lose a ton of the crew here, but Blade, Shunk, Chi, Katie, Kamala, and Valkyrie do manage to escape. The ship shouts to Red Guardian, who ate so much zombie corpse food before.
Speaker 2: Wow, just like before amounts of free food.
Speaker 1: Wanda pulls them back until Thor shows up to you know, snapping out of his funk to fight her, but of course he sacrifices himself so everybody can escape. And when they get to space here it is we've gotten a space and we're gonna send this transmission in the Yes, we're gonna call space nine one one and the Nova Corpse is gonna arrive. But when they dial nine one one, guess what they realized. Novacorp is already there, enforcing a quarantine around the entire planet. Nobody can leave, and if you do try to leave, you're gonna get and honestly, Like, I get it. I kind of understand. If you're the Nova coord like where there's superpowered zombies down there, Yeah, be careful.
Speaker 2: And like nobody's doing anything about apparently.
Speaker 1: Nobody's doing anything about it. And if one of them, because many of them can fly, just decides to fly up and out to space, like give Captain Marvel's like, well I'm going out into space to create more zombies. Then like you're all fucked. So I get it. I do get it. We go to episode one or four, your crew is shot down, but they are saved by the Sorcerers from camoutage.
Speaker 2: As you said, should have been doing a lot more. Honestly, that's my thing is like couldn't couldn't I in a little bit more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if you open like Rintra that's been a big port get everybody together, open a big portal and just like Hoover the hoover the of zombies and just like have them falling, put it under the hord and just drop them out.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, when well when my nephew was a real little kid and I was younger, we would play this game a lot on the iPad. Code Hole Io it's very addictive. You basically are a hole, and the more you eat, the bigger the hole becomes. And I was thinking this whole time. I was like, imagine if Comatage had just been there during the Asgardian drama a whole of a new as God could have just drop them through a port or no problem, Like come on, guy, I do lovetra though. When I saw hi my chid humanoid cow fan.
Speaker 1: You are a humanoid Calfan and Rintra is our thus far soul canonical and see you humanoid from us seriously, big portal. Put the other portal either in another dimension or like over the sun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, directly into the sun. Just just blost them through that.
Speaker 1: Guys, and just like vacuum me.
Speaker 2: We know there is a lot of people at Commatage too who have those skills, so like, come.
Speaker 1: On, okay, So we get a reveal of some stuff that happened in the past. Turns out, when the Infinity Stones exploded in the battle previously, they use the Hulk to kind of absorb the excess energy, and so now he is just kind of inert guarding this like immense energy. He's just kind of like sitting there with this like huge infinite energy coursing through him. And of course Wanda, who professes that she really wants to end all this, that's her take, is like, hey, I healed myself and I'll be able to heal everyone. I just like need more power to do it. I promise, I promise. I know that I betrayed nu Asgard and seemingly like the destruction is NonStop and I'm doing absolutely nothing to rain in the zombies, despite the fact that I'm now ostensibly human deaths.
Speaker 2: And ostensibly that queen. And also, so the thing I think is interesting here is in the comics, they essentially established that there is sort of an addiction element to the zombification. I liked, and I think it's really interesting because then what they do is if you don't eat humans for a few weeks, you essentially start to revert to your human, not brain eating zombie ways. So I think that's really interesting. And obviously that changes here with the idea that kind of I'm guessing Wonder and her magic are the reason that she's able to kind of seem more human. But I don't trust the Queen of the Dead to be bringing people back to life like they made the right choice. I think not. I love Wonder, but I wouldn't have trusted her either.
Speaker 1: So we get the big endgame crossed with Helm's deep moment. As wan As Army is trying desperately to like break through the cordon of defenders like around Banner so that she can get to him. Yeah, everybody, people are dropping like flies. Now now we're lose heroes left, right, and center. Kamala tries to fight Wanda, which apparently Wanda wanted to like draw her close enough to her so that she can also steal her power. The Hulk's energy is transferred through Wanda to Kamala. Kamala and and the Queen of the Dead is like, remember how I promised like I was going to fix everything? Boom, It's fixed. Tamala then wakes up back in her house Jersey City. Everything's normal, rereincate there at the door. They want to get boba. It's been a long time since you got boba. She goes to get boba. She's so excited about the boba, but something feels off, It feels too pat and we get these flashes of like the zombie reality and of re reholding back waves of zombies, being like, we need you help, help, help, help help, as Wanda zombie visage flashes across the screen, and then we go back to the placid, normal Jersey City reality, and then the show infuriatingly ends.
Speaker 2: Yes, very infuriating. Let's go, let's go to a break and then we'll come and talk about that.
Speaker 1: And we're back. I was having a I want to say that I was having a great time with Marvel Zombies.
Speaker 2: I was really enjoyed animations bad. It looks good fun, Yeah, crazy concept like it's on Disney Plus, enjoy it like that.
Speaker 1: Actually great. As Aaron was pointing out, there are a lot of trophy, like everybody's sacrificing themselves and that's basically the end of every episode is Yeah, it's definitely repintitive.
Speaker 2: But zombidy.
Speaker 1: I didn't mind. I didn't care. I really liked it, and I thought the build was fantastic, And so when they ended the episode with no ending, no resolution at all, I am honestly like shocked. Now, we just got done recording a Peacemaker episode in which we praised and exact and praised James Gunn's ability to set up the scaffolding that holds up his universe with the caveat to say that, like, you know, there's what there is Creature, Commando's Superman and Peacemakers. So there's like really only three plus the suicide Squad which he's picked in cheese, which parts of that to bring back. Yeah, and so there's less stuff. But if I was confident that this was leading to some other thing, agreed, I would be much more stoked and excited. As it stands now, I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I know it's I agree with you? I think again. This is something that I have been talking about since the original series of What If, where they had that incredible episode four where they introduced this kind of supreme Strange who had all of these he'd done all these crazy things and eating all these crazy demons and taking on all these powers, and it felt so much like, Okay, that's going to be related to Multiverse of Madness. Incorrect. They created a whole new character. I think they have struggled to commit to the animated stuff the way that James Gunn has, and I think he learned a lesson from that, because even just the feeling of having Rick Flagg Senia come over from Creature Commandos two Peacemaker feels so impactful and feels so cool, and the fact that it's the same actor, which again dc has been doing for a while. They had Matt Ryan who was Constantine in their cwuniverse voice the Doomsday Wore kind of the final DCAU movie Apocalypse was so great, and so they've been doing it for a while, and it is cool to have the voice actors here. As I said in mam Vallani killing it with the voice acting, I don't know if there's anything she can't do. She's amazing. But when it ends like this and they essentially say, hey, this universe is now in like a House of m esque situation where everyone is being kept and the thing is this annoys me the most about it. Again, it feels like it would be so easy to tie into the end of that Man Quantumania, where there's that kind of feeling that Scott knows something is wrong in the universe, yeah, but he doesn't know what. And there's the kind of this I love this idea that all the heroes think everything is okay, and that could potentially lead to them not feeling whatever this next giant threat is going to be in the MCU, which is obviously going to be Doctor Doom. But yeah, the ending where they just kind of tried to go for like it's a bleak like ending. I was like, come on, guys, I'm like, I need one more episode, Like you don't have the juice to just leave us hanging like this.
Speaker 1: I want to say, because I did voice some a note of critique in our pre like before returned. The MIC's on and I'm like, why is Kamala still like blown away that she's.
Speaker 2: I do think you have to we have to talk about this.
Speaker 1: I have to now. Let me say Ivan Joelle, I think rightly pushedback that, like you didn't get it, annoyed it Spider Man. I think there are some differences, important differences, and some similarities that I think I've been thinking about. Here's why I think it bothers me in the context of this show. I like the pluckiness, and I think she should be amazed. I think that's like obviously a big part of it.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 1: It's like the amazement should have been holy shit, you're still alive, not yes, Wow, it's Spider Man, Like you're fighting alongside heroes now, And I get it like it to me, it should have been it should have been more that like, oh my god, Spider Man, you made it. Holy cow, Like, you know, the world is like overrun by billions of zombies and you and many famous and iconic and beloved heroes including Captain Amaric, the Hulk and more have fallen by the wayside, and yet you still live. Like I thought that, and the fact that it was just kind of like immediately snapped back to Jersey City, Kamala like like that was the part of it that like bugged me a little bit because it felt a little out of world.
Speaker 3: I felt the reality of it is like the way you do it that makes sense is at first, she's just so glad that they're all there and they're fighting and you've got the backup, and then you know, she could have a little like in a moment of fighting, like I can't believe I'm fighting alongside.
Speaker 2: You and someone else is like com Comala, there's a fucking zombies, Like they's zombies. You know, you could have that, But yeah, the fact that she's just still like that, like I don't know how many years in this is meant to be at this point, Yeah, I do think that that is a writing issue. I will also say I think the reason it didn't feel so over the top with Peters because they allow him to have other interests and other powersons and other friends and stuff. And Kamala her her main passion has been the other Avengers, and I do think in Man brings that so well to the screen. But yeah, let's broaden it out. Let's give us some more to do. If this is her, you know, she's this is her world now that has been destroyed, and I.
Speaker 1: Guess she's ever going to resolve the end of this show. Do you think that we're just gonna I think.
Speaker 2: What it's going to be is I think there will be like a throwaway callback in the MCU where she'll be like, don't you remember that time we thought zombies together or something? And they'll be like no, and that will be like it. That's my guess, because I don't think. While I do think that the Disney animation experiment for Marvel has been positive, I think that overall the positive over under is good. I think kids love what If. I think it added a lot of law. There's a lot of YouTube videos about what If, and that is a way that kids, fire and entertainment nowadays. I will also say I don't necessarily think it's been like wholly successful. It's had huge, huge he'll talk about you know, because I think the X Men ninety seven is a ten out of ten unbelievable piece of gorgeous animation. Didn't you know? Had its problems, had its behind the scenes problems. We are still yet to understand why Bodomeo was fired or left, and we know he's not coming back for season two and that they've rewritten a bunch of season two, so we don't know what the status of that is. But the first season is absolutely stunning. But I don't think that I.
Speaker 1: Will say that his online presence post firing leads me to believe it was maybe not without cause.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh no, no, no, I agree, But I also I also need to know, like many people who get fired with dressed cause will disappear from the internet for a while, take a little time off. Not Bodomeo, like whatever's going on, he is able to talk about it or settlement there. He's still he's still there, you can still see his thoughts. But in general, like X Men ninety seven, I would say it was the peak of what they've tried to do. It was beautifully animated, it was you know, dropped week to week, so we had with episode five that huge conversation about Remy and about Rogue and about it became the water cooler conversation show. And I think even though what If was maybe never gonna be that. In the same way, though, I will say first season being dropped weekly did help. I covered it weekly at Den of Geek. We got a lot of readers who wanted to understand the show. I think that the what If universe being the thing that they have expanded with this Zombies, I don't necessarily know if that was the correct choice. Like if I was in charge of this, I would have probably pitched to them, hey, what if you make Marvel Zombies its own kind of standalone thing, maybe new animation style. Though the animation here is better, but I think like it's tied to what If is gonna put a lot of people off, Whereas I think Marvel Zombies as a brand and as a name and as a title has so much weight. Like when I worked in the comic shop, it was like ten eleven years after this thing had come out, and people still always wanted it like the Kirkman doing Marble Zombies. It's so iconic. Obviously, the story is essentially completely different here. Fine, it's an adaptation, but I don't think I think, once again, I think this showcases more of the issues with the Marvel animation format than the best of what it can do, like they did with with X Men.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the Marvel Zombies comic. It's one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: I mean, legendary.
Speaker 1: It was there in that era early two thousands. I was actually coming back into being a regular comics reader after like a lot of time off, like I was, I was picking up trades and following it that way. Yeah, for the period before then, but in the early two thousands, I'm like, with with Ultimates and the Ultimate Universe, with what was going with the X Men at the time, and particularly with the Walking Dead, and with then the Clear knockoff, but also very very fun Marvel Zombies. I was like, you know what, I'm back in, and Marvel Zombies is like to me, it just like represents that period of comics, which I think, you know, looking back, was kind of like a mini Golden euro Oh, definitely twenty first century.
Speaker 2: It was. It was really interesting post the Boom and Bust at the end essentially when then Joe Casada is that and they're making weird stuff. They're making the Punisher Frankenstein comic in their late nineties early zeros, they're leading into doing like Marvel zombies. There was a freedom here and also an interest in bringing in creators who maybe hadn't done books before or maybe didn't get the big big So yeah, this was definitely a really interesting time. I will also say in the comics, like the zombies do retain their intelligence their powers, and that makes them way more scary and in something I love which you know, we were never probably going to get in this. The reason that the zombie outbreak is able to go global in this universe is because Quicksar is a zombie, so he goes around he's spreading the infection, you know. And yeah, very very interesting stuff because also Kirkman's kind of establishing a lot of law in this which makes sense posts Walking Dead. You know, you can't eat a zombie, can't eat another zombie and stuff like that in this universe because it will make them sick. Also, even people with healing powers are getting infected. At Wolverine, Hulk Deadpool. But interestingly, again, you can even have characters who are not necessarily taken over fully because their healing factor is instantly helping them kind of fight it off. But the Dombe apocalypse there is so big that it does convert the high gods of Asgard, like that's a nod to it. Like it's so interesting to me because there's so much weird stuff in Marvel Zombies where they get all the mechanical creatures like Ultron and Machine Man and Jocasta to come and help, and there we was just so much that you know, they couldn't do in the series, and I get it. But if you haven't read Marvel Zombies, you've got to go and read it because it's so influential. I mean, DC is really just a few years ago started their version called Deceased with Tom Taylor writing it, and that has become one of the most successful comics for them, even though it was started, you know, fifteen years kind of after Marvel did their version. So, I mean, Marvel Zombies is just so iconic and so fun and has such crazy art. I mean, Sean Phillips like on a book like this is just so crazy Rosie.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, how would you do in a zombie apocalypse?
Speaker 2: Bad?
Speaker 1: Slow? I got to be slow zombies, slow classics, slow zombies.
Speaker 2: Classic slow zombies. I think I would do okay. I've always planned wherever I've been living, I've always planned, like where would I take over if there was a zombie apocalypse and I knew I needed like a big space, So I have my zombie apocalypse planned. But the reality is I would probably just like fall over and get eating by a zombie. Like I don't have any I don't have any kind of like. I'm not going to become like a Sarah Connor. I'm not going to get like super buff. I'm just going to be hiding inside a house eating beans or whatever like people do in the zombie apocalypse and cold beans, like hoping for the best.
Speaker 1: So I shouldn't really.
Speaker 2: Be out here judging the heroes.
Speaker 1: What's the bean of England?
Speaker 2: Baked beans? They call them baked beans. It's not like American baked beans, so it's like a Pinies. It's a Heins baked bean. It is similar. It's like a small white bean and then it's in tomato sauce. But doesn't that may mean.
Speaker 1: The bean is it like the bean in like Italian wedding soup, Like yeah, yeah, yeah, what is the.
Speaker 2: Kind of I don't know, let's look it up. What is a Heinz baked bean? Because honestly, we're all just like it's a baked bean. But I will tell you something, and yes, it is true. We do eat Heines baked beans on toast. That is the main way they are eating. I'm learning a lot here. It's I have to say, it's it's pretty, It's it's pretty. Yes, harraw Cott beans that aka navy beans. Yes, and they were actually invented in like eighteen eighty six. First saw that Bortenham and Mason fancy. Now you can just get them in any store. But yeah, Heines baked beans. Eat them on toast, butter that toast, put some cheese on.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Uh. If I can get a Heinz baked bean, I will not do it with no other baked beans.
Speaker 1: That's the last time you had a classic English breakfast with beans?
Speaker 2: Oh? That was like when was I lost there in like May? I went there for a step visit and uh, and the hotel had like a full English breakfast including baked beans.
Speaker 1: Of course I got to try one of these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, fill English breakfast is delicious. Maybe one day we'll be going there, see what maybe maybe much five years Marvels will be a movie and we'll be in London for the filming.
Speaker 1: Much like Marvel Zombies. We're gonna have to leave this unresolved question of when we will eat it actually.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: On the next episode Vision, Bean Watch, Bean Watched, We've got another x r GC and that's it for this bye x ray. Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 2: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Korfman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abusa.
Speaker 2: Part Our producers are Common, Laurent Dean, Jonathan and Bay Wack.
Speaker 1: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kauffman.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator.