Speaker 1: You found Fantasy Football Weekly Micro, a deep dive on one player in just five to ten minutes. Now here's your host, Paul Chargian. It's another edition of Fantasy Football Weekly Micro. I am Paul Charchi and my co host. As has been usual for these Tyler Kannaba League Guillotine Leagues dot Com writer, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tyler, ready to get it going today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you threw out the suggestion for today's player, my first thought was, I don't know that there's enough meat on the bone. I don't know if there's tough talk about Then I went back and looked at the season for Jahan Dotson. I'm like, wow, wait a minute, this is way more compelling than I thought.
Speaker 3: It's kind of crazy because he went in like the middle round of the NFL Draft and nobody was talking about him as a first run receiver. I think I got him at pick sixteen in my Dynasty startup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he went he's a first run receiver. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 1: How unheralded he was both I think for the draft and then Dynasty drafters and then you know the landing. The spot was a lot of it, right, I mean, like Washington Man Tayo Taylor Heineke throwing him passes, and I think people were nervous about that, but it quietly kind of came together at the end of the year for John Dotson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a really kind of nice season just as a rookie.
Speaker 3: I mean, he finishes the wide receiver forty three and average points per game, which isn't all that good. But he's currently going off the board as the wide receiver forty one right now, so you're not not here to pay a big price for him at all or anything. But right he had four touchdowns in his first four games. That was kind of what kind of burst him onto the scene. He finished with seventh total And one of the nice little nuggets that I found was he actually had the seventh highest passer rating when targeted against man coverage, which is a really nice staff for him.
Speaker 1: That is a nice stat for somebody who's a little bit younger, and you want to be able to look point at some point at some development and figure out things he can do. If John Dotson can beat man coverage, that's a pretty good indicator that against his peers. Some cornerback some NFL did a level cornerback that Johan Dotson can beat that guy, which I like. Let's talk about his December weeks thirteen through sixteen.
Speaker 4: What did he do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in week thirteen, I mean he had a nice kind of stretch of three games to end this season out He had nine targets in week thirteen for five catches, fifty four yards and a touchdown. Week fourteen, he was on the buy comes out of the by six targets, four catches, one hundred five yards in a touchdown. Next week, week sixteen in the playoffs, if you started him, nine targets, six catches, seventy six yards and a touchdown.
Speaker 4: So all right, we like that.
Speaker 1: We will take three December touchdowns out of out of four games for John Dotson. That part was that part was impressive. He played out wide primarily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another part like about his game.
Speaker 3: It's kind of considering the receivers that are in like in this year's draft, lass kind of knock on him like there's no outside guys. So for him to play seventy three percent of his snaps out wide, he's got twenty six percent in the slides. Got experience kind of doing both of those things that you like to see out of a receiver and some of the circuits catches that he was making last season. I remember distinctly one in the end zone, which just a one hand snag.
Speaker 2: Oh like, it was a beautiful catch.
Speaker 3: And I just think he's just this under the radar guar right now no one's really talking about. And I'm kind of in on Johan Dawson just like I know he hasn't really put it all together yet, but we've seen kind of, like we mentioned those those last three weeks of this season, we've seen kind of this production of what he can be if he can kind of put it all together as the number two behind Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 1: So clearly pushing down John Dotson's average draft position. Is the quarterbacking situation in Washington, Yeah, right, Sam Howell and Jacoby Brissett.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Sam Howell started one game in Week eighteen. He was eleven for nineteen, one hundred and sixty nine yards, one touchdown, in play interception. So that's let's say that's wouldn't say it's ideal to say the least, And.
Speaker 1: Then but they apparently we're are we ready to annoint Sam Howelder starter for this season based on one.
Speaker 4: Game and they couldn't get him on the field until the last week of the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they must see it on what they like, and I don't know, in practice kind of maybe see there's some Patrick Mahomes like stuff going on.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, if that were the case, they'd have gotten him on the field earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Jacoby Brissett may end up being your your starting quarterback when everything is said and done. And Jacoby Brissette was able to power Amark Cooper to a very good season last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean when Jacoby Brissette was the starter in weeks one through twelve, Amark Cooper was the wide receiver eight. So pretty good we've seen from Jacoby were said that he can kind of make a wide receiver I mean the wide receiver one at least into a very fantasy relevant kind of player though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And while we're talking about wide receiver one, I want to talk about Terry McLaurin because I'm not convinced Terry McLaurin is the go to number one receiver on this team. If Johan Dotson gets a little bit better. We know Terry McLain's a good receiver, but every year, he's eighty catches eleven hundred yards. That's not one hundred and ten catches for fifteen hundred yards. You know, McLaurin is a good receiver. I don't know that he's so good that Johan Dotson can't pass him by a spec actually in fantasy production, because we've already seen Dotson be a touchdown score that Terry McLaurin has never proven himself to be.
Speaker 3: So you're saying you think that Johan Dotson could pass Terry McLaurin like this season, like as the number one. Yes, that's kind of that's kind of like a hot take.
Speaker 2: I'd say, take.
Speaker 4: Well, the warm take.
Speaker 1: It's a warm take, and it's mostly just because we've got three straight seasons of Terry McLaurin proving that he's eighty catches in one hundred eleven hundred yards.
Speaker 4: Okay, I could.
Speaker 3: I like Johan Dotson as much as like the next guy, But Terry McCain's also never had a quarterback. I think that's kind of the thing that's holding him back. I think if you put you Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 1: You just said we shouldn't ding Johan Dotson because he's got Sam Howell.
Speaker 2: And Jacoby Brissette and say that did I Well.
Speaker 4: Not exactly. I think you inferred it.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying you said if you I think if you put Terry McLaurin on, let's just say the Chargers for example, you're play saying out with Keenan Allen, who do you think does does better?
Speaker 2: Terry McLaurin or Keenan Allen.
Speaker 1: Well, if you get I'll take Keenan Allen if he if he's actually healthy, the whole you know, the whole season. But you know, I just think McLaurin is a B plus receiver.
Speaker 3: B plus is a fair great I think I think Keenan Allton's like a B plus receiver as well.
Speaker 2: I don't know if John Dotts.
Speaker 4: You is gonna go to the Hall of Fame. Possibly you think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know he's a Hall of Fame receiver.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I think he's gonna, he's gonna he's he's gonna be close. Okay, John Dotts, I think you're entitled. Disagree, Johan Dotson. Is you get first round pedigree? Right, we get we know we can score touchdowns. You put up seven in your rookie year. That is very good, and especially on the small number of receptions that he had. I love the touchdown to target ratio. I just think Dodson's got a chance to be, if not the team's number one receiver, he's the team's number one fantasy receiver.
Speaker 2: Mmmm. Okay.
Speaker 4: So you're as early as this year for John Dotson, So.
Speaker 2: You're buying him at what ADP? What is it? Forty one? Yeah? Why does he for forty one? Right now?
Speaker 4: Almost certainly? Yes, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's gonna be forty other receivers I like more than John Dotson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, who's going around that spot?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, let's play the game ADP. Game started off, we got Traylon Burks. Why is hever thirty nine?
Speaker 2: Mm?
Speaker 1: Boy, it's hard to be enthused about his.
Speaker 4: Season last year. Yeah, I think I'd go Dotson.
Speaker 1: And you know, particularly not Washington could change added the quarterback position, which would change this dynamic a lot.
Speaker 4: Sokn Tennessee for that matter. All right, So I'll go Dotson.
Speaker 2: All right, Brannan Cooks. Why deceiver forty?
Speaker 4: Uh? Okay? So obviously in Dallas?
Speaker 1: Now for Brandon Cooks, he's gonna have Ceedee Lamb is the go to guy. I think i'd go with the upside of John Dotson.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I'm gonna go Brandan Cooks just because there's really no I mean, you got Gallup and that's it. And Cede Lamb obviously, but as the wideceiver too, I think Brandon Cooks is the guy.
Speaker 1: Until they go Michael Mayer in the first round at tight end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody's favorite projection from last year, Gabe Davis wide deceiver forty two.
Speaker 1: If it didn't come together last year, why would.
Speaker 4: It this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, look, if you can find kind your spots on Gabe Davis obviously, great, more power to you when to start him. But when you don't start, you know, but when he doesn't go off, you get nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't know if anybody's benefited off one game more than gave Davis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no kidding, all right.
Speaker 2: Courtland Sutton wide receiver forty three, this is where we kind of get start to get in like that muddy range not interested.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we've wanted Courtland Sutton to be better for so long and it just doesn't come together between injury and just lackluster performance. He's just a guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you. I'm mount on Sutton as well. Last one Rashad Bateman, Wide receiver forty four.
Speaker 1: As it stands right now, Bateman's an incredibly important part of that passing offense because they have virtually nobody else to throw too. So I'm i'm I think I would go back on Bateman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I would go back.
Speaker 1: I think I go back to Bateman as it stands right now, because there is a lot of upside there, and Bateman, for the whatever five games we got out of him last year, looked pretty good.
Speaker 2: I think I like Babman. I think I go Dotson.
Speaker 4: They can understand that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh the two What part of this is your personal risk? Your risk tolerance level? My risk tolerance is like nine out of ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, so, I think all these guys in this range are kind of risky. They all have I mean, that's why they're going so why they're down here in the wh fortius range. But they all kind of have something to their game. And I think if you're looking for the upside guys, it'd be like Dots and Berks and Bateman would be like the Big three.
Speaker 1: I would say in Dynasty I'm buying John Dotson right now. Oh sure, you know, I think he's I think his value suppressed. There's a there's a decent chance Washington comes out of this draft with some kind of quarterback help. They did last year with Sam Howell. I think they will this year as well. Maybe that's high end quarterback, I mean help, that's you know, it's very possible that somebody falls to them.
Speaker 4: What are they sixteen I think in the draft, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's a real chance somebody falls to him. And even if not, I'm still i still feel like Dotson's values is is oddly low for the talent that he brings to that spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first round receiver producing his first year and yeah, very low right now.
Speaker 2: Right. I'm with you. I'm with you on Dotson.
Speaker 3: I think we're both kind of on this Dots and hype train, and I'm not afraid to be on it.
Speaker 1: You said you drafted Dotson in the mid rounds of the second round right of a dynasty league last year. I think that's what you'd pay for to get him acquire him this year. You pay a second rounder this year.
Speaker 2: If you could pay like the two O four for Johan Dottson, I would do that in a heartbeat.
Speaker 4: And I think you Ken, I think you can as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thank you for listening to today's Fantasy Football Weekly Micro edition. We will be back with more coming up shortly. We encourage you to listen Monday through Friday, including the Friday's Big Show which we'll have a recap of the first round and can't wait for that. It'll be fantastic. Tyler, great job. We'll talk to you later. Everybody, Bye bye.