Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today and you're I'm Charles's Caple with Caroline Hepka. We're joined by Bloomberg reporter Chloe Melee. Let's start with installation specialist Kingspan Whire Investors warming to the stock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well for Kingspan, calling it an installation specialists makes it sound a little bit more boring than it actually is, because it does have a big exposure to data center construction and that is what is really driving that stock this morning. So it's doing very well in the unit that makes that infrastructure for data centers and makes walls, ceilings, liquid calling systems as well for that end market.
Speaker 4: And it's a market that has been doing.
Speaker 3: Very very well, with sales really jumping in that unit and the backline also being very strong. It's particularly interesting given that this is actually a unit that they had wanted to list and it's now an IPO process that they've completely abandoned, and you know, it's the best performing unit by far, so I'm sure that they're glad that they kept it. They also mentioned that they are pausing their buyback to preserve some dry powder, and the CEO said to analyst this morning that the company was looking at some chunky deals, that they had a headroom of about one billion euros and there were loads of opportunities that would potentially fit within that scope. So this is one of those companies that's a little bit of a lesser known sort of AI winner, and we could probably hear something from this company about a potential deal coming soon.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's interesting. On Kingspan and the AI link, let's also talk about the German manufactured Daimler truck a drop in their shares why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So this is really the same kind of challenge that i AM has been facing over the last few quarters, which is a lot of weakness in the North American truck market because of those tariffs, and it's something that it has been dealing with for a while because it makes a significant share of its trucks bound for the US in Mexico, so it's subject to the twenty five percent duty on those heavy truck imports that took effect last autumn. So In response to that, it said that it was planning on building a new manufacturing plant in the US to reduce some of that tariff exposure. But this probably was not enough to really reassure investors, given that there's been also just general weakness that in that business, both in the US business.
Speaker 4: But outside of that as well.
Speaker 3: The orders were quite weak, the guidance is quite soft, and so all of that is really weighing on the shares this morning, but the primary driver of.
Speaker 4: That is really that weakness in North America.
Speaker 1: Finally, solid earnings for Danish biotech company gen Mab tell us more.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Gen Mab makes antibody therapeutics and so reported better than expected revenue, better than expected profit for the second quarter, and it also boosted.
Speaker 4: Its outlook for the year. So the analysts have said that.
Speaker 3: Those were very solid results, and they have a pointed out as well that there are some readout some some clinical trial readouts coming out later this year in the fourth quarter of this year, which could be really big catalyst. There's one in particular that is related to lymphoma and that could be a six hundred million dollar commercial opportunity in twenty thirty five.
Speaker 4: According to Bloomberg Intelligence.
Speaker 3: So there's a few things coming down the pipeline for this company, and it seems that investors and analysts are quite enthusiastic about its growth prospects.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.