Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Valerie Titel on a morning where a lot of stocks in the tech space are moving, which is kind of interesting given that a lot of tech CEOs are going to be in Washington today.
Speaker 1: Valerie, good morning, Good morning, Nathan. Yeah, that's right. Let's start with Meta up one point six percent in pre market trade. Not a lot of new news here, which is kind of shocking to see the shock that stock jump by such magnitude. But we do know that metas Mark Zuckerberg, Apples, Tim Cook, and Microsoft's Satyaanadella will be meeting with the President later today. Maybe that's the reason for the enthusiasm around the stock. We saw what happened to Intel when the CEO had a successful meeting with the president. But they will be attending an AI event hosted by the First Lady and then joined President Trump for an evening reception in the newly renovated Rose garden.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we'll be keeping an eye on that, I imagine later on this evening. In the meantime, let's keep an eye on what's happening in the tech space as well. When it comes to earnings. A lot of movement there for Salesforce to start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for Salesforce, the stock is down nearly seven percent in pre market trade, failing to impress and giving an underwhelming outlook when it comes to sales growth or AI products it's invested in aren't paying off as quickly as investors had hoped, and generally it's making us a bit concern that these incumbent software makers like Salesforce could be outshine and beaten to the punch by newly AI vendors. So Salesforce is in the red after their earnings down six point eight percent. We also heard from Hewlett Packard Enterprises more of a positive story here. The stock is up two and a half percent. They beat on most metrics, and most importantly the CEO who did warn that profits margins were slimmed in the previous quarter. In the next quarter, they expect them to be boosted back to what they say is their normal run rate of ten percent. So weathering a storm on their profit margins pretty decently. When it comes to the next era of AI driven demand, analysts also expect a rebound and free cash flow now that the acquisition of Jupiter Networks has been completed for Hewlett Packard.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of rebounds, let's take a look at American Eagle. I mean, this stock has been under a lot of attention even before the earnings that just came.
Speaker 1: Out, flying off the shelves, just like their Sydney Sweeney Jean's American Eagle of twenty five and a half percent in pre market strong sales on the back of their successful ad campaign with Sidney Sweeney. Listen to this. Nathan, their chief marketing officer, said that they gained a customer in every single county in the US off the back of this ad campaign, and the success might not end there. They've now recently partnered with NFL footballer and most iportantly, Taylor Swift's new fiance, Travis Kelcey with his brand as well. So American Eagle really outshining when it comes to their shales figures up twenty five percent in pre.
Speaker 3: Marketing and the Travis kelce deal, there was that as well. Let's close out with Figma because this stock is tanking this morning.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, just quickly, Figma down fourteen percent. It's their first set of earnings since this software design company went public in late July. It has doubled since its IPO, Nathan, but it gave an inline forecast, and this is the beating it's getting punished for, down fourteen percent for an inline reading on its earnings. That's Pigma down fourteen percent.
Speaker 2: This stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.