Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock mover's report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim stenovek Romain Bostik, and Katie Greyfell.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to some of the individual gainers. This was the number one gainer in the NASDAQ one hundred, number three gainer in the.
Speaker 4: S and P five hundred.
Speaker 3: I'm ignoring you booking holdings, a gain of about eight and a half percent.
Speaker 4: Mizuho, Mizoho, miszoo ho. I know, I always all.
Speaker 5: Right, ignore him, ignore.
Speaker 3: Him killing me mizu Ho moving the firm's top pic and Internet to booking holdings away from Airbnb on the expectation of a major relief rally, and this coming after the information report that open ay is pulling back from native chachipt checkout, pivoting instead to app based purchases. So the firm believes that chatchypt's reported pivot away from platform shopping checkout, if true, could spell the beginning of the end of major disruption fears for Internet marketplace businesses, including online travel agents and others. So they're like in this one in a big way, so investors moving into that. I think you saw investors move into Expedia as well. Let's go to Broadcom. It is topping the Nasdaq one hundred, up about four point eight percent. We did see the stock bouncing around last night after it reported its latest quarterly update. It did settle in today higher after the company posted first quarter results that beat expectations on key metrics gave a.
Speaker 4: Positive revenue outlook.
Speaker 3: The CEO Hawk Tans, saying the company expects its AI hip sales to top one hundred billion next year and that they've got the supply chain to do it. Super important marking major inroads into territory dominated by video.
Speaker 4: We know where they're trying to go after it.
Speaker 3: And then here's for something different. I'm hoping you're going to find this entertaining Roomain. We are seeing sable offshore.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm very familiar with this story. Let me see where you're going.
Speaker 3: With Oh okay, well see you know everything. The stock up about thirty seven percent. It's a one point eight billion dollar market cap oil and gas exploration company jumping today, extending a recent rally to a fifth straight session that has pushed the stock up about sixty percent in the past five days. This am ind news earlier this week that the Chump administration will seek to invoke and act to allow the company's Santa Ynez pipeline unit to restart energy production. Keep in mind, twenty seven percent of the float is short, so tell me more. Is there more that you want to add to it?
Speaker 1: No, I thought you were going to say something funny or interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that never happens, you know.
Speaker 3: That's what my brothers always say.
Speaker 4: They're a tough crowd too.
Speaker 5: All right, let's put some of the decliners on the day of day.
Speaker 1: Brothers. They sound cool.
Speaker 4: They are a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at what happened to ADRs of Roche today, down six point three percent midday. We saw shares take a dive this after we got results of Holding and Zealand Pharma's experimental obesity shot. It helped patients lose as much as ten point seven percent in a study with a side effects comparable to that of a placebo. The reason why shares fell is because investors compared that to a similar drug from Eli Lilly that delivered as much as twenty percent weight loss, So that result underwhelming to investors stop UP Holdings not having a very good day. The ticket reseller shares fell by twelve point four percent today, This after the company's twenty twenty six forecast and fourth quarter results came in below Wall Street estimates. Analysts pointed to challenge is for comps because there's not a Taylor Swift tour to boost sales. That is the power.
Speaker 4: It has to take a break.
Speaker 5: Every power of Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: I guess you get married, makes a family.
Speaker 5: A couple firms also downgraded the stock. Shares fell twelve point four percent.
Speaker 1: There no other tours.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's Taylor. It's Taylor. You know, she drives it around the world to bad Bunny. He's the big one. Yeah, that's a big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm also watching shares of UPS. United Parcel Service. They were on track. Did you see this? They were on track to actually close at a market value that would fall below FedEx for the first time ever, reflecting investors lenuering anxiety around UPS's long term growth trrectory. There's a little uptick. At the end of the day. FedEx is at eighty seven billion dollars in market cap. UPS still above it at eighty eight point three five billion dollars, so that day Romaine will have to wait.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get just a morning.
Speaker 6: It's Marvel, a technology that's semiconductor maker, out with its results here. Eighty cents a share, that is the bottom line number, a beat of about a penny. Revenue in the most recent quarter two point two to two billion, basically on the nose of what the street was looking for. Not seeing a revenue forecast jump out at me, but a jostah. Gross margins also coming in line with estimates at about fifty nine percent. But just see the knee jerk reaction there, up about six percent. We'll try to dive a little bit deeper to find out exactly why. And let's take a quick check of yield as well. We're actually up for a fourth straight day on benchmark ten year yield, something that of course hasn't actually happened since early December of last year. A repricing out here of FED expectations. You see that also reflected in your two year yield higher by about three basis points.
Speaker 3: Hey quick commentary on Marvel in the press release, companies chairman and CEO Matt Murphy, he says we expect year over year revenue growth to accelerate each quarter in fiscal twenty twenty seven, driven by continued strength in our data center business, with bookings continuing to grow at a record pace. And maybe investors certainly excited about that. Hey, what I'm excited about is that thank you United. So they basically have updated their policy. Just listen, listen, this is the whole point.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 3: They're going to require passengers to use headphones for audio or video.
Speaker 4: I don't even know why we have to tell people.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know what, I know we've been on lately.
Speaker 3: If you don't do it, they can remove you from the fight and possibly do a permanent ban. Read the fine print, folks, and if we could just do that on subway please.
Speaker 6: Carol's fired up here because who hurts you, Carol?
Speaker 4: No, it's like, be considerate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh, I do want to know.
Speaker 6: I mean, how many repeat offenses do you have to have to be permanently banned from the airline?
Speaker 5: That is my big question reading this story.
Speaker 6: You're going to remove them though, we're putting this on the flight attendants again, I thought that I was starting to feel sorry for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're already dealing with all kind of unruly stuff. Yeah so, but yeah, but Carol, you seem very I'm happy for you.
Speaker 3: I love I love I love people. I love the sharing concept, but sometimes I don't really want to them.
Speaker 1: I don't want to share.
Speaker 6: No, I don't want to share audio either. I don't want to hear what you're listening to. I know you think it's dope, but I don't.
Speaker 2: So the stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the it is market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.