Speaker 1: Do you remember that one time that we went to karaoke and I had to lay down the beat and you wrapped in front of the whole group of people. That was probably the most focused I had ever been was the rap fire.
Speaker 2: The rap was so fire.
Speaker 1: Then we were leaving and people were like giving me compliments on being able to hold down the beat, and I feel like that I'm always trying to get back to that moment. Okay, for real, a new beat is coming at you.
Speaker 3: Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 4: Definite beat. It's just just saying different.
Speaker 2: It is a different It's different.
Speaker 3: I had boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom serving bo kep boo boom boom boom boo boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: That was pretty good that you could make something out of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was trying to focus on the rhythm that was breaking every time I said something. But yeah, it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of hard to do because I'm trying to listen to you rap at the same job.
Speaker 4: That's not your job. Don't listen to me, that's not your job. Your job is just to only focus on the beat.
Speaker 2: We're back when we talked about last week.
Speaker 4: Last week we talked about your house, you moving me, off season, ye, off season and stuff. Let's do a shop for her mom?
Speaker 3: So what.
Speaker 4: Let's talk real quick. Let's say thank you for mom so sweet.
Speaker 2: I love my Mom's name is Martha Mom. I love her so much.
Speaker 1: My mom's the best. She's like my homie, my dog. I feel like the relationship I kind of have with my mom, I feel like you have with your mom. Like I could really tell her anything, be very very candid.
Speaker 2: She's like the cool mom.
Speaker 1: She was always a mom at club tournaments that would like bring all the snacks. She always traveled to every single thing. She was like the team mom, but the cool mom. She would drink with my coach and I would drive them to the bar when I was old enough.
Speaker 4: Okay, we wasn't doing that, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like that should have been illegal. But my mom's great.
Speaker 1: I love me mom. Okay, right now, say something good about Regina.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Regina is also my dog, my rider, and I the love of my life. I think I posted about it yesterday. I'm like, she is probably not. Probably she is the one person that has never disappointed me, and I think as parents, they may think sometimes they've let us down, you know. Yeah, but not you either, Maddie so far, let's keep it that way. Yeah, she's my road dog, she's my friend. My mom supported me through everything, know what I mean. She's allowed me to be myself even if I'm too much, She lets me be too much.
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 4: I think my confidence stems from my mom because she told me so much, like how great I was and how beautiful I was growing up, and then like got mad at me because when I was in high school, I looked myself up, look at myself in the mirror too long and admire how beautiful I was. And she'd be like, you're so vain. You made me this way. You said that I was God's greatest gift to this.
Speaker 2: Place to build you up.
Speaker 1: She had to build you up, and then she's got to humble you and knock you back down.
Speaker 4: Can't nobody can at this point. No, not happening. Not happening. But yeah, was my everything. You're so dumb. I haven't hurt my feelings today.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh please?
Speaker 4: But yeah, mother, So what did you do for your mama Mosa? Did you send her anything.
Speaker 1: My brother lives in Arizona, my parents, my family lives in Arizona. And so I called my brother and I had him buy lunch for everybody, so from like her favorite favorite place. So they did that, and then he got her flowers. I didn't really want to double up on the flower situation, but I think for her it's more. And I guess I'm totally speaking from my perspective, but when I just call her FaceTime her, I feel like she appreciates that so much more than anything else, like getting.
Speaker 2: To actually talk with me.
Speaker 1: So I called her twice yesterday and she was like, you're calling me again, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, it's Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: So yeah, figure out you can't.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it, don't make me call you again.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I called her twice yesterday and we just chatted for a while. So and then they're coming out to California in a couple of weeks, so I'm really looking forward to.
Speaker 4: Going to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what'd you do for mom?
Speaker 4: Initially I had a plan to take it to the Spa, but then like the weather was supposed to be bad, then it wasn't bad. Oh yeah, and then we end up having some barbecue, so I cooked and by my sister and her family over and we got by the pool. So for those who don't know, my mom has very very fair, scared like she's just as light as Maddie. I still light, but this is light as Maddie. And she is a lobster right now.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you gotta get Regina on the sunscreen regimen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were. I wasn't thinking about putting the sunscreen on her because I was just wasn't thinking about it. And then she got in the water and I kidch you not within like at least an hour, her shoulders were burnt. Her face she's so red like, and it's not just like red right here, I mean like she's red tomato. Yeah, she's definitely it's a tomato. But prett a good time, ate some really good food and just kind of hung out and just did kind of a girl's day and then that was it.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Did you play any volleyball in the pool this time and try to serve again?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah I did, and I tried it, and I first one was so bad. I got a opportunity to do it again, and I definitely served a little bit better the next time, but the first one was really bad.
Speaker 2: So oh my gosh, we gotta get you back on the court.
Speaker 4: Yeah, slowly, but surely.
Speaker 1: I'm not wait how long until you can actually do volleyball stuff again.
Speaker 4: It's on me, Like what I know about myself is stuff I want to start playing. I could probably start playing literally in two weeks if I wanted to. But I don't want to, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Just wanted to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just gonna. I want to be one hundred percent like healed, because shout out to Tessa. You guys aren't aware. Tessa end up having a second surgery on her ankle. Wow. Yeah, I guess whatever or in parts they put in her foot for to place it back, or her ankle back or guess her body the body human body's insane. I guess her body like wasn't accepting it and was fighting it off. She end up getting some top of an infection or something like that, and she had to like go in and do another surgery. So Tessa, we love you thinking about you. Yeah, but that's one of my biggest fears too, is like going too quickly and then like having like a setback, you know what I mean, Like I cannot go under a knife anytime soon. I've just been through too much already and I'm just like no, So I'm going to take my time and do whatever i can do to make sure that i'm completely like healthy before getting back on the court.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, your body's been through trauma, so like, take your time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the court, do we want to talk about a little bit of volleyball stuff?
Speaker 4: I mean, it says a volleyball podcast, so you just volleyball.
Speaker 2: Okay. If you could have a walk up song right now, what would it be?
Speaker 4: Mmmm?
Speaker 2: This is a really hard question.
Speaker 4: A walk up song? Let me look at my phone, give us let's look for twenty seconds ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what song I really do like right now, though you probably haven't heard it. This is probably a little too like White Girl mainstream for you. The song Midnight Sun by Zara Larson. Guys, Yeah, nice bangs, okay, anyway bangs.
Speaker 2: But that's not my walk up song.
Speaker 4: I would say my walk up song would be which one currently right now? By Drake All the Pretty Girls Are to Dance?
Speaker 2: That's your walk up song?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, because in the Gidding goes, does my hair look pretty? My titties look right. The black boy off his foot off is something like that. I thought it was going to be chop a style. That's a good one, I know, is your I hear that.
Speaker 1: It has to be stiletto pumps. Yeah, but chop a style. Every time I hear that, I.
Speaker 2: Think of you every time.
Speaker 4: I love that. I love that. I love that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, or maybe fight Night by Migos. That could be fun.
Speaker 1: Oh so, anytime I ever go on a party bus, and maybe people should know this about me, I have a playlist called party Bus Turn Up, and people always put me on the OX on the party bus, so like I have to have something prepared and it's kind of like songs like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like we have the same playlist that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a whole list of that. Yeah, Lose Control Missy Elliott, pretty good one could be it.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so what's your song? You didn't STI let us? What is it?
Speaker 2: Oh stilettos or or what did I say?
Speaker 5: The other one was, uh wait, fight Night by Meigo. I'm gonna you out like fights.
Speaker 2: Team Fresh gear from Adidas is what you need.
Speaker 1: The Adidas love collection just dropped and you can shop it right now. Hoodies, tease jerseys, whatever you're into, They've got it. And I am not exaggerating when I say the hoodies and crews are ridiculously soft. You will not want to take them off, I promise. Check out the full Adidas Love Collection at Adidas dot Com, slash US, slash l O VB.
Speaker 4: To win a game, you could steal one player from each team's like in a trade situation, Like what would you do? Like who's what from any team? I get one from every team? Or get one person? Get one one person and it's a trade. You have to trade my team and your team, Like, who would you steal from my team? Well?
Speaker 2: I would steal you.
Speaker 4: Oh, Maddie obviously, so that we could be on the same team.
Speaker 2: Was a no brainer. Honestly. I might steal Molly.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good one, just because.
Speaker 2: Like I love her celebrations after she gets a block.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah mmmm.
Speaker 1: Or I would steal Carly because then I could hang out with Storm also, and Carly is a great setter, so it kind of goes hand in hand.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a hard one. Well, I guess if you were if you would take Mollie, we didn't the middle, so I would take Amber.
Speaker 2: Amber's a good steal.
Speaker 4: Amber's a good steal. Yeah, Ambers are a really good style. If you're gonna take Mollie, I would take Amber. Just type of replacement for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So what if I wasn't taking Molly and you had to pick first? Yeah, riddle me that I would say, you can take me.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say I would take you. I would take you obviously, like JT is an easy option to go for, but like we already have like also kind of a slam dun. Yeah, we'll say this option is this is just I'm gonna pick you.
Speaker 2: That's okay. Yeah, we'll just pick each.
Speaker 4: Other that Yep, that's what we did.
Speaker 2: They'll switch through. Okay.
Speaker 1: Who's one athlete that you would want to switch closets with or just take their closet?
Speaker 4: That's easy. And she's very quiet about it, which I love about her. I want my daughter to be like her. She's very quiet about it. My daughter's like her because she's reflection of her mom. Asio who is Okay, Oh interesting that closet. I know that closet is. I know it is. I know it. Wow, We're for sure. But she's really quiet about her. But I see have little pieces every now and then I'll be like, baby girl is rocking it, but very subtle, very subtle. Yeah, I'm going to Asia.
Speaker 2: Okay, dang Okay.
Speaker 1: I would want like a combination of closets, So I'm just gonna do that.
Speaker 2: And they're all from my team, so I do do that. Why there's three that I like, you have to pick one.
Speaker 4: I also have my top three. Like I would say, I'll pick one, I'll pick one and.
Speaker 2: It's going to be not the obvious two.
Speaker 1: I would pick Lauren Berssenio's closet because she's just so cute and fashionation that even though her clothes wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Fit me m because she's teenage tiny anyway, So I think like her, Micah and Jordan.
Speaker 1: If I could have a closet of all three, I feel like I would really hit all of the the style pieces that I need to.
Speaker 4: Okay, from our teams. I would say Asia is my number one. I would say Mollie's my number two. Yes, like them together AGA's closet, Mollie's kind of taste and like her fashion sense together would be very tea. And I also would say I really like a rookie Bailey how she puts her stuff together too, Like there's there's things that she wears outside of like total walks and like just her personal life. I'm like, you look at putting that shit on, you know, like sporty, but like cute, chic, hot, you know what I mean, definitely youth, you know. So I think I would mix all those three'd be like, would be a good taste of probably you already have anyways.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but also your closet is already like.
Speaker 4: Kind of like like that, I would say, yeah, it's very much all three of them for sure. I just with me, it's like mine depends on how I'm feeling. And also just like there's sometimes I'm like I overthink it too, you know, I think less is more, but people also say like more is more. I'm like, no, I think less is more. But anyways, when's the last time I'm doing a closet cleanse.
Speaker 2: Literally for the past month?
Speaker 1: Okay, because now that I'm moving, Okay, I am having a dilemma actually because since I've been playing abroad for the last ten years or like outside of my hometown. I've run into this problem where like when I need something specific like a black boot, I'm like, Okay, I'll just buy it because I need it for like this instance, and then it'll be like with me wherever I'm playing, and then my other stuff is packed like back at home. So then now now that I have like one closet, I have all these like checked bags that are kind of just like full of stuff all year round, because it'll be like, oh, my winter closer in here, my summer closes are in the closet. I'm gonna leave again, I take some of the summer clothes. I travel with the winter clothes, so I always have things in a bag in the garage. Now I've unpacked everything, and I I have like an overwhelming amount of stuff in the closet. So I've done like probably four or five closet purges to this.
Speaker 2: Point, and I still need to do one more.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 2: I have a problem with bags and.
Speaker 1: Like shoes, because I think shoes is the biggest one. It's like, Okay, I'm going to take like the ones that I like in that moment, and then I'll need something specific for like an event or like going somewhere so I'll get another pair.
Speaker 2: And it's like I have.
Speaker 1: Thirty pairs, not thirty that's exaggerating, like ten pairs of just like standard white sneakers.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I don't need all of these, but.
Speaker 1: I have all of them because like I needed them at a different time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So if anyone needs any clothes.
Speaker 4: Call me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I literally when I was in Dallas, when I would when I would clean out my closet, I had a friend that would come and pick up all my old clothes and like basically like give him to his mom who like sold like stuff in Mexico. And I would just like just get because they're already like hem me downs. But they were like my stuff that like I'm throwing away is really good stuff, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yes, And now moving here, I don't have that option, so like I didn't want to just like give it to good Will, like throw it away, you know. So literally most of my closet went to Julianne Falset because she's the one person that like some of you'll see some of her outfits that she'll post like this season and next season, I get I've given this girl shoes, pants, dresses, t shirts. She has so much of my wardrobe. I'm like, you know what, hell, yeah, you're welcome. You know. I didn't want all that stuff to go to waste, and like the fact that she's able to use it because it was almost the same size, same body, right, you know what I mean, same high And I've done that at least like three times just this year because I'm just so big about like getting stuff in. I buy so many new things getting stuff in, getting stuff out. And now that I'm moving again, I'm like, I literally almost have nothing for around moving and I'm like, I get to buy more stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just taking your stuff with you.
Speaker 4: I know, I am stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what's your biggest like treat yourself or dream item or like what do you what are you striving for?
Speaker 4: Eventually, I think every time I want a championship, I always want to buy a nice bag, and like that's my main thing, is like I always give myself a nice bag and I haven't bought that. We want a championship this year and I haven't bought one yet, So I'm in the market for a nice bag right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you.
Speaker 4: Can m I think I really want like this. I've been thinking about this do your bag that they have. It's like really cute. It's like square and it's black and like leather with like the emblems on it. I don't know the name. I'm not like the names kind of person. I don't know the name and like the model of the bag. I just know what it wants. But that's kind of my purchase I'm thinking about right now. And I'm also thinking about potentially getting a new car, so I have both. I can I want to go to a range rubber, I said it, okay, yeah, I think it's just like you No. I've had this car, my Jeep for two years, and I'm thinking what I'm going to do is like I have like not that much money left in my jeep sometime, just go ahead and just pay it off, give it to my mom and then take her car, sell it and whatever I get out of that, just add it to the car I'm going to get and get a new car. Is that can my birthday gift? Or is that going to be something I want to do myself? Just like moving and like I deserve this have a gift. Who knows, but just a gift. What can progress? Yeah, how about you what you got?
Speaker 1: Oh might treat myself dream I don't right now, I don't know. Since we just got a house, I'm like, this was my dream item.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what more can you guess for it? And your house is fat, your crib is so nice.
Speaker 2: So I'm really excited about that.
Speaker 1: And honestly, I'm sticking to what I said.
Speaker 2: At the beginning of the year, other than the.
Speaker 1: House is that I'm putting myself on a budget, so I'm trying to just you know, save I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't really have like a treat myself type of thing.
Speaker 1: I don't do like a bag after season or anything like that.
Speaker 4: No, it's really expensive that I'm like getting more Like heres about skincare, Like I want to get like all not like botox and stuff. But just like if I'm gonna spend money on skincare, I wanted to actually like work, you know what I mean. So I'm like, figure out and we.
Speaker 2: Got to go back to career. We just should we go to Graham.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually treat myself. I treat myself. I like, I like, I like doing things.
Speaker 2: You know this yea.
Speaker 1: So I feel like mine is more like travel oriented or like going somewhere, or like nice meals or having drinks.
Speaker 2: I need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, spending money on stuff for me at this point is like really not in the cards. Yeah, So I like to spend it on experiences. So I think maybe I mean later this summer, We're going to Europe for a little bit and I'm just gonna We're just gonna spend it. We're gonna treat ourselves on the trip. Nice trip, yeah, nice.
Speaker 2: Trip, And then maybe I'll come see you as well.
Speaker 4: Com come on Nova, babe, baby.
Speaker 2: Yay yay yay, Hey yay yay.
Speaker 4: Speaking of hey, if you weren't a blah blah player, what would you say, like, if you're a normal human, would you.
Speaker 2: This is crazy? I think maybe you know this, but I'm not sure if you do.
Speaker 1: When I was younger, my dream job was to be an orthodontist. Okay, I just thought that that was like super cool. And this is why when I was little and I had to get braces. I got braces when I was in fourth grade, which was actually crazy. I went like my teeth were like like I had really buck teeth, Like you're like what but.
Speaker 2: Like a little bunny rabbit. And so when I was like.
Speaker 1: Ten years old, they were like, you need to lose one more tooth and then we can put braces on you. And I was like, I'm ten, Like this can't be right anyway, So I go in to get my braces. It's like right before Halloween. My orthodontist is like a tall blue lady. So this is where I'm like, representation totally matters because every other but like women know every other, every other orthodonys I saw.
Speaker 4: Was a guy.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought, okay, no, not the lady being white, no being a woman being a woman like doctor orthodonis. It was always like a dude that I was seeing. So like we went around and we saw different orthodonics places.
Speaker 2: This is important, Okay, we.
Speaker 1: Saw different places and I saw this lady and I was like, this is so cool. She's putting my braces on and I was like I want to do this when I grew up, and she was like the reason why.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: So then I realized that being a doctor is a lot of work and to do volleyball and pre med or whatever, like dental shit is insanity.
Speaker 2: So if anyone's ever done that. Good for you, I applaud you.
Speaker 4: It's not me, I guess I'm say about this. That's something I talked about with myself. I feel like, especially at playing a big programs, like for example, you may go in with an idea about what you want to be when you grow up, but like when you're going to play at a big program, especially as a start, a predicted to start or whatever, it is, your job is volleyball, not trying to figure out like what you want to be in your grow up. And I feel like.
Speaker 1: But they told me I was an athlete or sorry, well I thought I was an athlete first, they were like, you're a student athlete when I went to Arizona.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that means go to your classes. It doesn't mean they're going to put you in a degree that you want to be in.
Speaker 2: My class because they had weights at five am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. So many girls there were just like I want to go to school to be a nurse, and they get to school and like they want to be a nurse, but it's like you can't do both. And it's like, Okay, I'm going to give up being a nurse to go be a to go to school, go to the school of education to be a teacher, just to play volleyball. You know, I'm like that, Actually I probably did do that, but you know, I had a degree. I can't even tell you what I'm.
Speaker 2: Doing with mine, but exactly.
Speaker 1: But I'm not a doctor and I'm not an orthodonist. But yeah, so long story, short story, super long. I wanted to be an orthodonist. Also, when I got my braces on, it was right before Halloween, so I had them put orange and black. Like, oh god, but you have those on for like four weeks or six weeks or something crazy. So then Halloween obviously passes that weekend and then I had these ugly ass orange and black braces on.
Speaker 2: I was like such an ugly child. Anyway, I wanted to be an orthodonis bad.
Speaker 1: And then I realized, like you got to really be involved in people's mouths, and I was like, that's not for me.
Speaker 4: That's and it's nasty. People's really nasty, gross, so gross. Somebody can somebody can have a dead tooth and you can smell it.
Speaker 2: Have you had that experience around someone who's I.
Speaker 4: Think I'm going through that right now. To be honest and I'm like, you have to go to somebody else. And I'm like, there's something in your mouth that's not that smelling right because you're brushing your teeth and something is coming back at me and I don't know if that's right. I think you need to a figure you got something, you know, like okay, but yeah, I'm just like something and I'm like carefully hitting it to around the part because I don't know. I ain't been up in there. So I'm like, what I say, been to the dentist because everything from the front looks great, but there's something in there. There's something, something's in there in the back that you that you're not taking care of, and I need you to take care of that because this is this is becoming very difficult.
Speaker 1: So there's something you're not telling us about and we need to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 4: No right now. So yeah, yeah, so my my, what I'm going to do is I'm just going to be like, hey, I gotta find dentist now that I'll move here. You should go with me. So yeah, you should go with me.
Speaker 1: I had okay, good luck anyway, what did you what did you want to be when you were little?
Speaker 2: I wanted to do dream job. That's your dream job.
Speaker 4: Okay, well dream job at a cop. My dream job would have been. I mean, if I have the talent, obviously, Yeah, I would want to be a cop. Hey, I give cop. I could be a cop.
Speaker 6: I give like, Yeah, you're like your uniform wauld be like super tight, like you have the butt and then they just like these are popping out.
Speaker 4: And the bus. Yeah, and I gotta have my best on. I got my best on for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's not like the pants you would wear like span Dex and then you would have a gun hole straw outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the pants seem a little bit too hot. I don't know about pants.
Speaker 1: The pants don't seem useful, like if you were running after somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think. I don't unless cops are actually fast or not catching anyone. I know that I've been seeing that on the internet. Yeah, but I don't think that's a thing. But no, I would say as a kid, my dream job, I guess I would say it was like I wouldn't be a police officer. That's the one that I guess I thought about all the time. If I have the talent to sing, if I could sing and like hold a tune. I don't just say it to sound like great. If I could just like hold a tune and it was just kind of appeasing, like to the ear a little bit, I think I could take it. I could be like a like a like A like a I don't know, like no, just like a mellow tone like no, like A.
Speaker 2: I could hit that really high note like that. You couldn't. That was like for a dog. You couldn't even hear that. But I can't. No, because dogs can hear higher pitch. You can't hear that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I thought you were saying that.
Speaker 2: Unless you did hear it, you got them dog years.
Speaker 4: I heard it. It wasn't that high, because no, I can't.
Speaker 2: Wait what No, No, headmeat havn't.
Speaker 4: Patty. I'm glad you have jokes today. You know what. One thing I've learned last night I talking about Stressai. You know what.
Speaker 2: I can't crack jokes As people go.
Speaker 4: Low, I go to haile. So you don't know. I know, Okay, I'm not saying no, but I would just say I was. I wanted to be a cop. I want to be a cop, or I want to be a mom.
Speaker 1: Oh you still have time to be the mom. You could be a cop to she wanted.
Speaker 4: I think so too, But I hope they get electrocuted, And I'm like, I don't want to get electrocuted.
Speaker 2: Who gets electrocuted a cop?
Speaker 4: They get Yeah, they get like shot with the stunt gun.
Speaker 2: Wait, by the taser.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I thought you were talking about like an electric fence or something.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's the same thing. Getting tased is being electrocuted.
Speaker 2: I know what. I've never heard it like referred to like that.
Speaker 4: Here's my thing. I have words for things that mean things, but sometimes I can't think of the words. So I'll find a word that means that, even though it's not that. You know what I mean, it's the same thing. Let you keep it thing, Yeah, it just yeah allegedly, So yeah, I heard that, And I heard that you have to get pepper sprayed maced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are it is optional to get taste apparently.
Speaker 4: Oh really, I didn't know that, because but if that was the case, why would people volunteer to do.
Speaker 2: That to show that you have balls? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't care to keep the balls. I'm female. I don't need that.
Speaker 2: Keep the balls, keep the balls back.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Also, I heard that like to be a lifeguard you have to like partially drown. I'm like, I don't want to partially drown.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think holding your breath.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that one.
Speaker 1: I have a friend that lives here that did junior lifeguards and lifeguard training.
Speaker 2: He made it in the ocean.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Yes, I see them running out here like every day.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I think if you do like a mile swim or something crazy.
Speaker 4: Oh that's crazy. I'm not trying to be like that much of a life saver. I'm just like, if they're in this vicinity, let me just.
Speaker 2: Jump off the pier. You just hold your nose. I'm saving you. No yeah, no, seriously, like some goggles off. But then all of a sudden you're drowning.
Speaker 4: You're like, stand up. I'm like, oh, it's three pt deep.
Speaker 1: You're in the kids in Actually okay, wait, this says you have to you have to be fifteen year old years old, pass a prerequisite swimming skills, three hundred yards swim, brick retrieval and tread water treading water sounds terrible, and complete a certified training course in lifeguarding CPR eighty and first aid.
Speaker 4: Oh I can blow. I already got that. Okay, I don't think that was one of them actually EPR.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you gotta do chest compressions then give them the kiss of life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: You got you're blown on the wrong end.
Speaker 4: What but anyways, hey, you know what you guys have been so.
Speaker 2: Wait, Cat, no, his head's up here. Okay. That was absolutely that was a stand up.
Speaker 4: Dang, oh my god, my eyes.
Speaker 2: That was actually.
Speaker 4: That was the funniest probably said our entire friendship. Wow, that was actually funny. That may have moved you up in the line in my a, my and my wedding lineup. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: What was at the end. That's funny. Okay, we gotta go, We gotta wrap this.
Speaker 4: Thanks you guys for tuning in.
Speaker 7: It's your girl Cat Bell and your girl Mattie Rochelle and this is Serving Pancakes, so we'll catch you on the flip side. Serving Pancakes is an iheartwomen's sports production and partnership with Deep Blue Sports Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 4: Production by the League one Volleyball. We're your hosts, Cat Bell and Mattie Rachelle. See you on the flip side.