Speaker 1: It's nine O Gen one Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: So sometimes I tried just to keep you know, I just want to do what everybody's schedule says. So there was a text and said, hey, Tuesday nine thirty, So I was maybe getting the hair for me. It was for everybody. I just want to commentate it.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize it was nine thirty this morning. I was like, oh, damn, that's early, I know, especially for you.
Speaker 2: Normally we take it like two. This is like the middle of the night for me.
Speaker 3: But Jen, it was like, we're usually this week we're on spring break. So but usually it works with kids schedules and stuff, and but Amy just had to get her hair colored.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I literally was like, fine, I'm just going to accommodate what everybody needs. I'll be there at nine thirty. I have full hair color right now.
Speaker 1: Look you look beautiful.
Speaker 3: And Jen, what did you say?
Speaker 1: It was? It was very wet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jenny said it was so Hollywood because the hair bow.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was sure. I didn't say what you said. No, I said, oh, it's so Hollywood. Amy actually getting her hair colored as we're doing the podcast it's.
Speaker 2: A nice distraction though from what I would call half a good apple.
Speaker 1: I need to get a pattic here. Should I have them come in?
Speaker 2: Well, we do ourn ice for sure, massage. I'd love to get a massage.
Speaker 3: Did the podcast because you had beautiful feet, and then we can get you on wicked feet.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be you'd get.
Speaker 3: So many downloads. Oh, that's going to be my new side hustle. Sorry, sorry Randall.
Speaker 4: James.
Speaker 3: May I manage you for Wiki feet? I'd like to step in.
Speaker 2: Do you get paid for that?
Speaker 3: You can? I've heard allegedly you make a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Whoa, it's not a select. I've been on which he fee for years. I haven't made it die, so I'll be looking for that chat.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what I'm wrong. You're right. Feet they just you get a score. Oh we've looked at this before. You have a very high score. She has beautiful feet, always had, but feet finder. Feet finder is the one you actually get paid if they see your feet. So you know, times ever get tough. You know where we'll be heading, Amy, you may you may come with us.
Speaker 2: Wait, I've never seen your feet, Amy, They're wonderful except for I thought I could have been a foot model, but then I broke a toe once and that kind of ruined my career.
Speaker 3: But otherwise I think they're fucking you did okay in your career.
Speaker 2: So and yes, it's all good. It's all good.
Speaker 1: Let's tell me talk about the real McCoy please, Season five, episode twenty nine. There's so much going on, we got to get to this. Aired May tenth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: I think the one is, oh, sorry, how Jenny felt about it.
Speaker 3: Let's just give them the I want to hear all about it. You know. She likes an order like come on okay. Synopsis from Beverly Hills to the Wild Wild West, Dylan McKay becomes Billy McCoy during a regressive dream with the help of Molly the hypnotist. While Dylan is convinced that Kelly is his true soul mate, Brandon is back at home and bombed when he loses the CU election. When Kelly isn't there to support her, man, Valerie uses her absence as an opportunity to make them move unbranded. Yes, it's finally happening. Meanwhile, Donna is still in the dark and not the Peepee Pad about Ray and Valerie directed but.
Speaker 1: Your very favorite Jason Priestley written by Cheryles Cheryls written by Charles Rosenmolin.
Speaker 2: Don't you think Jason jumped at the chance to direct this one because it's so weird? He would love it, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, given the fact that he had already done Tombstone, he had the oh that's right, he had the Western in his blood.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: He's probably the perfect person to do it because he had just done it Stone, he had just been living in that world for months.
Speaker 2: He did get some interesting camera moves. Did you notice that, like one point, the camera just totally on its side.
Speaker 1: Well, that was Kelly's angle. Yeah, that was Kelly's point of view of Dylan in the States.
Speaker 2: Do you remember it? I mean, it's so rafy woo.
Speaker 3: I got to interrupt your keen. Do do you think that it's likely that the boys Jason and Luke pitch this scenario. No, Like, they weren't like, hey, They're like, hey, here's what we want to do. We're building up to this hypnotist thing, anything you guys want to do, and they're like, wild, wholl what, here's.
Speaker 1: What I think I think that maybe Luke was giving them some ideas. I think that I remember that Luke was wanting to do different things than just Dylan McKay, and I think that this was a way for the show to sort of try to fulfill his you know, blossoming creative needs and okay, at the risk of the show basically.
Speaker 3: Well, it didn't take us down, but it did take us out of it. We do was he I'm blanking on him the name of the movie because I'm stand up with Eminem's.
Speaker 1: Eight seconds, eight eight minutes would be a long ride.
Speaker 2: It'll be a long time on the hole. Eight seconds.
Speaker 3: When did that come out? I'm curious if it.
Speaker 2: Overlapped nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 1: Huh, so it had already come out. M h.
Speaker 3: He got that.
Speaker 1: He got the taste too of like, you know, Luke loved animals, horses, cowboy things.
Speaker 2: So he was like, I could really ride those horses that he's riding in this Yeah, which is.
Speaker 3: Well, we already had a little bit in there with Jen. I'll direct this to you. This is my name's You're welcome.
Speaker 1: I like to do that once a season, and that's it.
Speaker 2: I know we've had a good an in a while.
Speaker 3: It never gets old when you do that. Ever, We're going to be in our rocking chairs and I'm going to turn to you and you might not remember the.
Speaker 1: Name of Bill, like to remind me for sure. I just literally forgot it. Now, So when we're like eighty year because I'm not gonna remember anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what's our code when I.
Speaker 1: Turned to you? When I go it doesn't matter, I won't remember it. I'll be like, why are you looking at me like that?
Speaker 2: So do you remember?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 3: And I'll be like, remember me, I'm your best friend. And at this point for eighty years.
Speaker 2: Jenny, do you remember any of this?
Speaker 1: Do I remember any of this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do, because you're in these crazy costumes and it was so different. It must have Tell me what you remember?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I had some gorgeous wigs on. Yeah, and bonnets.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Your long remember is back.
Speaker 2: Your long hair was back.
Speaker 1: I remember it. I was like, well, why am I? Why am I getting dragged into these?
Speaker 3: You're the chosen one regressions?
Speaker 1: It was we had fun. Honestly, we had a really good time shooting this.
Speaker 2: Why did you.
Speaker 3: Film it out there?
Speaker 1: You know, in your neck of the woods, Like that's like park, No, you know where they are the mag or whatever?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no way.
Speaker 1: And what's that one with the medicine woman.
Speaker 2: Oh Quinn, doctor Quinn.
Speaker 3: Like Malibu Canyon mount only Park, Santa Monica that one? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh Jenny, Jenny for the wind fully pulling out like that was awesome dropping knowledge. So that's where they filmed mash and doctor Quinn Medicine Woman. And that's where you did this. And the interesting thing is you're really the only it's only you and Luke. Everybody else is so random. It's totally random.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like who are these people? They're really good background actors and actors. Like I was like, hey, I would watch this movie, just not on nine or two, and oh, but I might watch this movie.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of the Yellowstone prequel.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not a Western fan. I gotta be honest. When you guys were filming it and it came up, I was like, oh, and watching it again, I still felt I loved watching you and Luke and it was hot, but I don't love Western.
Speaker 1: This isn't hot.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was hot.
Speaker 1: There was nothing hot about sitting on a blanket under a tree reading the Bible hot in a way.
Speaker 3: That in the since I love when Kelly and fill In her together, I just do because he's your soul. Mean, it's great. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I liked it too for the reason.
Speaker 2: The end is crazy, but we won't get there yet. But it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Wait, I just wanted to shoot you some trivia here. You see this tour while this episode, I can't see it. I can't pull it up you While this episode has been wildly thought of as one of the worst episodes in the history of Not Too It aired in the middle of May Sweeps and was directed by Jason Priestley, which is shocking that it would get such dragged so much.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, because it was obviously like Sweeps. It was expensive. I mean it's like it's a full Sweeps episode because you're out on this other set with all these actors out on location. It's not the.
Speaker 3: Worst, I mean, I got I gotta say my dad started like making Westerns. A little known fact when he was an actor, he was in gun Smoke, which none of our audience will know. But it's an old throwback series. So he loved Westerns. But I just can't imagine Fox being like, oh, for sweets, let's take a really bold chance. That might not work. That didn't work, well?
Speaker 1: What is their major stars on their network wanted to do it.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: That's why this is interesting too. Episode writer Larry Mullen wanted to underline for some reason that Dylan thinking he and Kelly were soulmates isn't the truth, but just Dylan's interpretation at that moment in time. I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: That's confusing to me why he was saying this. Yeah, what is he's saying there? Will you read that?
Speaker 1: I feel like he's covering his ass because the show goes on and they're not soulmates, and you know, writing kind.
Speaker 2: They kind of are because you end up. I don't want to spoil wait Jenny read though. I really I've heard that he said this, and I kind of want to understand it say that way.
Speaker 1: Harry Mullen wanted to underline that Dylan thinking he and Kelly are soulmates isn't the truth, but merely Dylan's interpretation at that moment in time.
Speaker 3: Was Larry Highwood, he gave this, I don't get that.
Speaker 2: Do you understand that?
Speaker 3: Probably it literally doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: He honestly, he's saying in this episode that there's such a big deal made about like oh, their soulmates. But she wanted to like retract that. I think because he didn't find that it lasted the length of the show. Maybe I don't know, or just to justify Dylan going to get married and Kelly whatever, Kelly. I have no idea, but I know Dylan got married.
Speaker 2: Oh right, right, right, right right?
Speaker 3: So he's so okay, okay, that's starting yet that wait, Tony's not coming in soon?
Speaker 2: Is she next season?
Speaker 1: Soon? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Next season?
Speaker 2: So they couldn't approved the we're only a couple episodes away.
Speaker 1: But maybe you don't know Larry made this comment. No, no, no, you don't know when Larry made this comment, so he could.
Speaker 2: I have no idea either, so maybe respect Okay, Okay, So I have so many questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just start. You want to start with your questions? Or do you what?
Speaker 3: Do you want to go through through it?
Speaker 1: You can ask your questions as we go. How about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because it's such a weird episode and I but yet with some major bombs, right like huge?
Speaker 3: Wait before we start, Amy, is there some point you need to take that off your hair.
Speaker 2: So thank you so much Tori for asking. That's why I've timed it so that right as we finished the podcast, I will jump in the shower.
Speaker 1: It's looking really good. Thanks, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So begin, because let's start. There's so much to address.
Speaker 1: Well, we started the Caliber California University, where Brandon's term ASU president has come to an end, sadly, but they're throwing him a party, and it's what you love.
Speaker 2: The whole cast is there, the whole.
Speaker 1: Gang is there, oddly, uncomfortably in the room where they have their big meetings with branded warth suits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, awkward cake which I was willing to bet a million dollars. He was going to say, let them eat cake.
Speaker 1: I well that was a big cake, right yeah. Yeah. The Brandon years the brand were they hoping that would catch on or did it catch on? And I don't remember, didn't catch on? We should be brand, which we're three over.
Speaker 3: The Brandon years leaves an episode a season eight, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: At some point we got a little more time with them, but.
Speaker 1: Brandon is celebrating, everybody's celebrating. Valerie's got her talons out looking for her next pray and she's sinking her eyes on Brandon right to Donna.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense, Bright.
Speaker 1: In front of everybody.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jenmy, it doesn't make sense. Wtf, Valerie.
Speaker 3: I was like, gone through everybody else, you guys she hasn't yet. Yeah, everyone but David.
Speaker 1: They were dating, so that's what her real life boyfriend.
Speaker 3: She was like, No, I don't want to go there. That's why I go through all the rest of the cast, and they're like.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine how Brian must have felt with his beautiful girlfriend joining the cast, yes, and then having systematically to go make out or have like love affairs on TV with every guy on the show.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's a good story about his feelings about that, and we should ask him one day because he does have feelings about that.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it's just very cringey. It's cringey, Like it's cringey how she's so aggressive, and it's like, I know she's not her relative, he's not. They're not related. I understand that.
Speaker 3: But we feel like they are weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I don't know if it's going to be a valve Kelly Taylor showdown. I'm here for it. I'm ready bring it on. It's going to be like I've always liked their friction, their tension, because somebody's got to be calling this bitch out andpparently it's going to be killy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I did not care for the lipstick, and nobody write me that I don't like Tiffany. I like Tiffany. I did not like that lipstick.
Speaker 1: I didn't even notice it. Her lips are so puffy and beautiful, like happening.
Speaker 2: It's sort of that nude look. And I think I'm triggered by it because I think I took the nude look because of that. Probably and admit it. I don't know. I just I think I just don't like it that she's I just know I'm really irritated by her in this episode.
Speaker 1: It's weird because on one episode I'm like, hey, it must be so fun to play a boss like this. She's so powerful and influential and what a strong character. And then in the next episode, I'm like, I hate this character because she has no moral compass. She only does conniving things all the time. Is that going to be the way? Is she ever going to redeem herself in any real.
Speaker 3: Way, so well done on the writer's part. As a viewer, they're keeping you on your toes. You know what you're going to get. You're like, oh, just when I started to like her, Oh I hate her again.
Speaker 2: That's I guess. I don't care for her in this episode at all. Like I'm like you are.
Speaker 4: Is.
Speaker 1: She just feels like a cockerroach, like she's just like hanging around waiting for food to fall so that she could eat it up.
Speaker 2: And this scene is just the beginning of the cringe for me. The scene of the with Brandon, I'm just which all pause until we get it.
Speaker 3: It does feel very out of the blue, but that happens often an I am to one out and.
Speaker 1: Then they go out on Kelly asking if she's going to make a move on Brandon, and Valerie says that she's going to keep an eye on her man, but she really meant Dylan because he's the one Kelly dreams about.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: That was very bizarre too, That just was I'm sorry to be frustrated because it was so weird because first you're teasing me with this sort of valor he's going to make her move on Brandon but then you're throwing me this curveball, which I think is because of the Dylan Kelly undertones in this episode. It just feels like they're forcing Valerie to do all these weird things to move the plot along, and it's just so irritating.
Speaker 1: I agree, but it's fun to watch. Okay. So they're running out of the wallsh house where val is packing a lovely picnic basket and complete with.
Speaker 2: Wine, which did look lovely.
Speaker 1: I know I wanted to go on that picnic.
Speaker 2: The fruit spread the only thing I know. The cheese selection, it looked like straight from Bristol Farms, although.
Speaker 3: Came through on that one looked dry.
Speaker 1: I was like, we need a little mayo or some muscamea yeah, a little splash of something and.
Speaker 2: She's cutting it. That was the only part that I was like, that's not as gourmet as the rest of your presentation.
Speaker 1: So she takes it over to Dylan's house and is met by Charlie, who doesn't let her in because Dylan is inside going under hypnosis again with his Molly Mall Mollie.
Speaker 2: He says fifty times moll.
Speaker 1: Mollie, who's starting to get a little hot shot shot if you ask me resting a little inappropro for her sessions.
Speaker 2: Her high rise mom jeans were rough. She was very pretty at the end, but those moms is that.
Speaker 1: Shot where she bends over like and her like just I've been on the set when these things happen, and it just triggers me. She's Brandon's directing, Oops, Jason directing. It's a shot on dylanops to Sean Luke and they have big boob shot right, just come right in and linger for a while and then right out. Nobody was like, hey, you guys, that's a little good too. It is maybe she should pull her shirt up a little. Nope, and she's as.
Speaker 3: She wanted to go for it. Yeah, she's a.
Speaker 1: Girl and she can dress however she wants. But I was like, she.
Speaker 2: Looks gorgeous at the end. I was like, whoa, she's quite pretty black. But the mom jeans, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like they were like didn't have something and they just like pulled from Cindy Walsh's wardrobe.
Speaker 2: Am I the only one? Okay? If anyone listening can relate to this, I sort of look away when they're doing the hypnotizing because I think to myself, I don't want to be hypnotized accidentally while watching this.
Speaker 1: She doesn't do anything though, to hypnotize him. She's just I guess she already does that name.
Speaker 3: You're fine, I'm already not I'm and they do that.
Speaker 1: Or the Black Circle A think and you're like, I don't want look away.
Speaker 2: The Chicken episode that I won't explain to Jenny what it is if she doesn't remember, but because I'm afraid I'll be like.
Speaker 1: Are you messing with me right now? Amy?
Speaker 4: Amy?
Speaker 1: That is an episode of.
Speaker 2: This show.
Speaker 1: No, that's an episode of Learn Liver and Truly, And you're messing with me right now? Oh my god, Okay, I'm it's going to walk away from that and get nervous. Yeah, I don't know any idea what you're talking about now. I really hope it's me or Kelly, like a Chicken trust, but we'll see. Oh my god, we're gonna find out. Did you guys ever, did you feel like this was the longest hypno trance you've ever Like He's in there for hours and I don't really get it, Like I don't want to be so like trying to understand what are they doing? Why is he doing this for what right?
Speaker 3: They don't explain that. That's the problem. It's like he's he's trying to evolve.
Speaker 1: And trying to figure out like his hang ups from his past lives or past Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Is that what we're to understand that in a past life he was a gunslinging cowboy who found the goods the good in him because he fell in love with a Kelly Taylor joppel Ganger. Like, that's my problem is I don't understand what I'm supposed to understand.
Speaker 1: I guess it's like his dream state, like I don't know. Yeah, I can't answer it anymore.
Speaker 2: And then when it then when it blurs, and then it's the Old West and it's his see through casket funeral. No, okay, I'll wait till we get there, right, run up. And my frustration is because I don't get it. That'll get it.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people felt that.
Speaker 2: If I got it, then I might enjoy that half of it more. But anyway, I wonder.
Speaker 3: If Jason, while he did this and executed it, was like and they're not going to get it. But if they don't get it, sorry, it's cool ding ding Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anybody really can answer it actually from it, like it'd be like waking up from a dream and then being like I must call the person in my dream. It's like, dude, it's just a dream.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? I've gon.
Speaker 2: Wait Anyway, I'm frustrated by the episode. I don't hate it, but I'm befuddled.
Speaker 3: And can we talk about that? You fell asleep during it?
Speaker 4: So I.
Speaker 2: Went back and rewatched the whole thing. So I fell asleep. I watched it two nights ago, and then I went back and watched the whole thing. And I think that's why I'm so frustrated, because then I really I was like, I'm not going to be distracted. I'm going to try to get this. And I'm like, I don't get it, do you No?
Speaker 1: It was just the weirdest departure. It was the whole other show.
Speaker 2: Like a sort of another bad show.
Speaker 1: I mean, at least if they if they had had the rest of the cast just up in their costumes from you know, at the saloon, it would have been.
Speaker 3: That would have been more like breaking afford all those outfits. That was too far.
Speaker 2: That would have been like when Brenda found the journal and all y'all were playing the characters exactly. So that was that. But this is sort of more film noir and I'm supposed to understand it or something, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, didn't like the spad effect, the tone, the black and it was like not black and white, it was like cream and white.
Speaker 2: I don't know, right, And then I kind of anyway, keep going, I'll just keep being annoyed and annoying everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we have our hypnotic trance. We see all of the Billy, the Billy, the what Billy McCoy. First he's the kid.
Speaker 2: And he's bad, right, Like he's like killing robbing people bad. Yeah, out of law. And then I didn't understand is he in love with that woman in the.
Speaker 1: Yeah he beds down with the saloon singer.
Speaker 3: But you know at that point that doesn't see amount of character that happens with previously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do have respect for the Old West underwear lingerie, like that was cute to wearing her like Bloomers.
Speaker 1: I was really cute, but she was I want to say she was a panter. Did you guys notice she was a hardcore heavy breather after sex, like really couldn't catch your breath. After that session, Billy McCoy must be good.
Speaker 3: I was like, who are you?
Speaker 2: That was my problem. I'm like, okay, this is meaning it's going to be nothing. Who are you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: They do that all the time, you guys. It be someone. We're like, okay, like when they went to Mexico, like, is that supposed to be so?
Speaker 1: And it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not even a red harring.
Speaker 1: It's just said.
Speaker 2: Hairing good word. It would have been like, okay, pretend that was the law. Like I would have loved it if that was Brenda Walshes. Yes, great great great great great great grandmother. And it was like, oh my god, oh my, it was what I was waiting for.
Speaker 3: And that wasn't it.
Speaker 1: There was no tie And I'm sorry, Yeah, I feel somehow responsible I was in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're significant at least, like, at least I understand the meaning of having whoever really there, whatever your old West name was, Did I have a name?
Speaker 1: What I think?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Actually, and sort of your love And then that I could break down and was anybody having Back to the Future three where they're like because they don't like Westerns, I love Back to the Future when they weighed number three in the Old Old West.
Speaker 3: They lost me.
Speaker 2: I was so kind of yeah, it's the same problems I have with Back to Future three.
Speaker 1: But I love all of the horses in the in the I love the costumes because I say, appreciate like all the work that went into them, and by the whole crew. They all had to pivot on such a hard dime about Wait, what are we doing this week in the show?
Speaker 2: And we're sure we're not in the.
Speaker 1: Peach bit serving that burger French fries. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: I'm hungry. Wait, they were probably all psyched, right jan like you know, you know you was a little excited when you got released from Van Eys.
Speaker 2: So this is it would be nice to be on the time in Malbourne. Here's my other annoying thing. It's campy Old West, which I'm not a fan of the campy Old West, Whereas if you give me realistic Old West.
Speaker 1: Walk the line like I thought it was true, lightly dampy, but it tried to be serious and I wish it would have gone in one direction to the other.
Speaker 3: Fair fair point, do not tell Jason that you thought it was campy and not realistic. He doesn't like camp.
Speaker 1: Oh, what do you mean that he's he's so campy his genre directing our show like he does all.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, yeah, I feel like he loves camp.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he would call it that word. I'm trying to think the word he would call it. I don't know, but those ready.
Speaker 2: Like almost bugs bunny to come out, like.
Speaker 1: The energy that he always brought in with his quote unquote campiness are our term, not anyone else's. But it was fun like he brought in a fun lighting, an energy that. Yeah, but I didn't feel that in this episode that I was confused saying it wasn't didn't feel like a brand.
Speaker 3: I don't know what was going for that I was.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't understand. And then I'm supposed to like lou is this McCoy guy, and then there's this partner who I'm like, who is that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Why anyway, I'll shut up because I could talk about this all the time because I'm so.
Speaker 3: This is a podcast. The three of the do not shut up.
Speaker 2: I keep going because I just all right.
Speaker 1: So we come back from I guess that's our first flashy back thing.
Speaker 2: Hypnotic Trance Rights when you're in the in the covered wagon. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: We come back from that teach pit where everything's normal again. Briton is there talking about his campaign, and Charlie tells Valerie how real the regression therapy is.
Speaker 2: Are you in New York? Get?
Speaker 1: No, not there yet. Billan tells Valerie, we're going to Dylantown now. Dylan tells Valerie and Charlie that his regression has made him realize that he was going to hell until Kelly Taylor come along, came along that, Yeah, that's a pretty big statement. Yeah, that's love, you guys. Charlie tells him that Dylan and Kelly have a seminal link and they are soulmates for life, because Charlie says, trust that guy. Okay, go to the wall.
Speaker 3: What seminal means, you guys, because I don't like the sound of it.
Speaker 1: But what does it mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or beyond above significant?
Speaker 1: Like very importante, the importante.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys are my seminal friends. That works just sounds gross.
Speaker 1: Okay, move on, what because it sounds a little bit like semen? Is that where your mind is going?
Speaker 3: Obviously? You know where my mind always goes?
Speaker 1: Okay, while Charles Valery asks Brandon in this is she's smoking pot, right, This girl is crazy. She's smoking pot thro the window. She thinks that death doesn't stink up the entire house. I'm hard to tell you it does.
Speaker 2: Is this the you've never touched me? Conversation?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can't, I actually cannot.
Speaker 1: They've never touched before? Why?
Speaker 2: I was like, what what?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What like hugged?
Speaker 3: Like you never hugged?
Speaker 1: Like no, she she spells it out. She's like, we never even high five. Yeah, it was so weird that she wants she wants to touchy, she wants can we dispect that? You guys? Why have didn't they touch?
Speaker 3: But first of all, exactly grown up together?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, like he just moved in recently. I mean you're talking about before. Yeah, they grew up together.
Speaker 3: How many she's supposed to our same age? Correct? Yeah, so they're alluding to But okay, so you're telling me that Brandon and Valerie when they were young family all grew up together, never played doctor.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, It's it's just so weird though, Jenny. It's like, okay, who says that to someone their friends with? Like, I am very very close with your manager, Randy. Can you imagine if Randy and I are sitting at lunch and I said, you know what, Randy, we've never touched. I think he would run out of.
Speaker 3: There so fast. No, he would not.
Speaker 1: You would say, well, let's touch.
Speaker 3: But I can't believe that's the reference.
Speaker 1: You just made. Let me let me get this straight and admire at lunch.
Speaker 2: I just for clarity, your hair is looking exactly the way it is now.
Speaker 3: And for clarity, Randy, or do you think you're in your tank top? You looks great in the top, by the way, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I actually am. But but we this is this is not about me.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so we're at lunch, Amy and you reach out and touch me. No, I'm just gonna tell you. We've been friends for five years and you you've never touched. It was so weird and gaggy. I didn't know what to do with myself. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would probably give you.
Speaker 4: A hug at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well that's what brand.
Speaker 3: That's what brand too.
Speaker 2: But if I were branded, and I have a girlfriend who I love, and this sort of seductress Charla, I happened to have a Jack and Jill bathroom with says to.
Speaker 1: Me, Brandon sees her at that at all that he doesn't he's got like blinders on when it comes to bew Then.
Speaker 2: It's even weirder that she's like, we've never touched.
Speaker 3: He's not a male, Like, come on, you know he's branded.
Speaker 2: But he'd be like touch where, touch where like and they have.
Speaker 3: No God like, literally what this girl is insinuating?
Speaker 2: Like this is why not.
Speaker 1: Insinuating that she wants to be touched on her Yes she was Jenny, Yes she was not an invitation.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was what she wanted to hug you guys, Jenny, Jenny.
Speaker 3: If someone called Tiffany right now, if he literally would have.
Speaker 2: Said, do you want me to touch you right now?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, that's probably what would have actually happened in real life, but I don't think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here is my hot take.
Speaker 2: Everybody can be mad as mad as they are about my Andrea should be with Dylan take. Here's my hot take about Valerie, not Tiffany. Valerie, she actually has no game. She's she's pretty, she's smart, she's clever, but she doesn't have game. That's why she's so bad at all of these relationships.
Speaker 1: She's oh wait, wait, wait, wait if she had game, what you're saying now, if she had game in that moment, how would she had handled it differently?
Speaker 2: Way more subtle and accidental bump into it like a bronchial bathroom. Oh sorry, you know, leaning over with a little bit of a maybe a whatever booby shock cleavan something at the dinner to very subtle.
Speaker 3: Him slowly over time, like he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have game and I stand.
Speaker 3: By me, or in the middle of the night, you just slip into the bed, you know, and they don't know who it is or where you are, and that would be level. So wait when I go back to this, I love that you say she doesn't have games. She so she plays games very well access but she doesn't have game. Well, she's a manipulator, you're right, yeah, right, she doesn't have game.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, but I will I would have to say that there, she has a lot more game than a lot of other people. Like I think people watching the show are like, oh man, that's not game.
Speaker 3: But take notes, we've never touched my.
Speaker 2: Take on it is she's just a aggressively forward like she doesn't actually have games. She's not mysterious she's not. She's not flirty. She's the aggressively forward. Hey, Ray, I'll give you a spot at the Peapad if you just sleep with me at this weird hotel I live in.
Speaker 3: It's just like, you're right, and then when it doesn't go well, she just threatens to take something down in your life.
Speaker 2: She doesn't that game.
Speaker 1: She's young, you guys. She's got to grow into her game because she's got the brains. She's got the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, true, good.
Speaker 1: Point, She's going to grow into it, make lots of money.
Speaker 2: Okay, she would be served well by just doing nothing and just being her smart clever even if she's evil and evil genius, she's too weird.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you guys a question, where do you believe? If you both had to answer, Valerie Malone is currently like what happened?
Speaker 2: Okay, so knowing only what we know, knowing only what we know till now, not factoring in the next because Jenny is not going to be able to do it right. We have to just do it if we only know what we know now, because Jenny can't remember what happens to her. Okay, good question, Jenny, you go first.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, she's probably still on the club circuit, like promoting clubs in LA and she's just tired out and has a house in the hills. Maybe. I don't know, you.
Speaker 3: Don't think maybe she's a madam O.
Speaker 1: See I was gonna say that, but I didn't. I don't want to see the worst.
Speaker 2: I think she's running a tech company that at any moment is going to have trouble with like tax of Oh, like the Bad Blood lady, you know that lady. She's like that where she was running a company saying we can test your blood with one.
Speaker 3: Draw yea, but really it didn't work.
Speaker 2: She's doing that like she's saying I've got this device and it's going to change the world and it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Well genius, yeah she is. But what about personally in relationships? She's single?
Speaker 1: Oh no, she's had three married she wait wait, wait, what's wrong with three divorces? There? I mean I'm only technical too, but okay, well, you know I think she doesn't. She's still they have two divorces. That's the difference, Oh, thim or just don't even try. No, she's gonna be easier.
Speaker 2: She's got kids and they're ok. She's definitely got kids, and they're all messed up because they're being raised by a narcissist.
Speaker 3: Maybe she has one kids.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about this anymore. We got to get back to the show. Okay, come on, the people that love Valley are going to hate this episode. Okay, so we uh we see them hug and it's really weird.
Speaker 2: We go to the beach, weird.
Speaker 1: Claire and David are excited to go with Donna Bowling, but then they see that raise going.
Speaker 2: That was a good scene.
Speaker 1: I liked it you too.
Speaker 2: That was a good scene because you were cute, Tory and you were kind of not getting it and Ray gets it. And I respect David and Claire for being like, we got Betsy's That was a good scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he goes, I don't even know anybody named Betsy.
Speaker 2: Claire is a good fake actor because at first, when she's like, oh, what about the surprise, buddy, we gotta go, it wasn't It was good fake acting.
Speaker 3: Wait, that voice was amazing. I've never heard you do that voice.
Speaker 1: That was a good scene. We're gonna go to New York City now with the world's worst backdrop of New York City if you noticed in the background, I've never seen a worse backdrop. What's that called the backdrop? Is it called a backdrop? M yeah, it's got something else, you know, that thing they put out besides, like you know, when you have a set and like on trends, when they look out onto the naked neighbors house, that's not real that that's a screen scrim the screen scrim. No, I don't know. Anyways, it was terrible. It looked like right out of like like what they do outside our beach apartment. And then she pulls something down that yes, they pull down exactly. So what happens next, Let's see, let's see, let's see Kelly, Kelly and Steve come back. Kelly finds out she's got a million messages from Dylan.
Speaker 2: And uh oh, that was unhinged.
Speaker 1: It was so odd her reaction to all the messages. And then Steve says, you guys, don't have anything going. You don't have anything going with this guy again, do you? And she says no, and then she gets in the weirdest little look. And I'm not sure what that looked meant, because it looked very like conniving or almost like something I don't know it was weird. Well, I can't help it.
Speaker 3: It just comes out on your face because you're in love with him.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I agree with Toy because I think we needed that look so that at the end of the episode it tracked a little bit more than instead of Kelly being like, bro, what are you doing? You know like that. So I felt like some of that was intentional and that you're not like you're not even bothered by the twenty messages or that he's like, call me right when you get home, like it's all seems very normal to you, whereas in reality a person would be like, why is my ex boyfriend leaving twenty messages here?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Because they still love each other, correct, I mean there's.
Speaker 3: People that being a good friend to Brandon, he doesn't give a oh. He just he's like, oh, well, I'm still jealous because I'm still in love with her.
Speaker 2: Dylan is a terrible friend to Brandon in love with Kelly Taylor, yes, And they're terrible friends and terrible friends to each other. And I hate to say Kelly's not a good girlfriend.
Speaker 1: No, she's not being very She just can never be a good girlfriend. I think ever since the fire, I'm gonna just say this. Ever since the fire, things have changed for Kelly, But look at how she grew up, Like, I mean, she was not I mean.
Speaker 3: She was kissing a lot in her heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was kissing Dylan in the pool when Brenda was away, and I understand it was a little fuzzier, but it wasn't that fuzzy.
Speaker 3: She's a great She's a really good person. She's conflicted, and I understand, like, oh, to have these like great gut, oh my god, I'm not having to. I mean they're kind of great, like you can't lose either way, Dylan or Branded. I mean, theoretically they're great.
Speaker 1: They're theoretically they're great, but we've all seen them have they're not so great qualities true on the show. I'm just talking about like, yeah, watching them go, you know, do make their decisions. I feel like she's kind of in that same place right now too. But that's where people are when they're young, like that, they make mistakes, they have to they have to learn from.
Speaker 3: Them when they're young.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's continue fourth, shall we. Brandon is back at the CEO there, back again in the college turmoil. I mean that was weird. This whole thing is just weird, and because of the tuition increases. Janie tells him that his chances of getting re elected or low, I mean chance of any of us caring are very very very low.
Speaker 2: Very low. And also, what student body president wouldn't get elected because something like the Capitol Sacramento was raising the taxes?
Speaker 1: Who was governor Brandon's supposed to jump in and.
Speaker 2: Have controlling this? Oh yeah, who was the governor of California in are we in ninety five?
Speaker 1: It doesn't really matter because Valerie steps in and tells Branda, but she would love to help him with his campaign.
Speaker 3: People help him.
Speaker 1: She would really love to touch his candid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was weird, Bill him is what I heard?
Speaker 2: That was so weird too, Like huh huh.
Speaker 3: Tially, he's not going to move on you guys. I hate the storyline so much. I don't want to continue.
Speaker 2: I'm believing it. And Pete Wilson was the king.
Speaker 1: You don't want to talk about the cu presidency at all. I don't ever want to hear you say the word see you again. I can't believe he did that. It's just it's all of it, really triggers me.
Speaker 2: Out of nowhere. The guy who gave him the cake was a rite in candidate and is now president.
Speaker 1: That's not not out of nowhere. That's that's that's the guy that's been his like sort of competitor all along.
Speaker 2: Isn't it because that many people were watching the cable college television station that they became fully informed of the tuition hike and they changed their vote.
Speaker 3: At the cu No, they all were watching their TV from their couch and then they all started talking, went to the kitchen, got snacks and drinks during that scene, and then came back. That's what happened.
Speaker 1: No, that's what you did when you were watching the show.
Speaker 2: That whole storyline was so. And then fast forward and so the weird party, the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Here we go back to Dylan's house, where Dylan begs Mollie to take him back in time because he wants to find out what happened between him and old West.
Speaker 2: Kelly, I also have a flag on this. Have you ever had a dream that you love You're like, oh my god, I'm making out with Patrick Dempsey in my dream, and you're like, I need to fall back asleep and continue that never happened.
Speaker 3: Never, But let's talk about that later because I'm intrigued and you know, fall back asleep, and now.
Speaker 1: He's try and go back to the same This isn't a dream, This isn't a dream, this is no fair, correct.
Speaker 3: Right, so he can easily go back. He just pays her more and goes back.
Speaker 2: Cool, So we go back to.
Speaker 1: Cowboy. Yeah, nice sign up. Dylan sees himself at church with Kelly on your tap. A bad guy comes to tell Billy that Dixie is in trouble and he needs to save her. So Billy McCoy goes to save the saloon singer.
Speaker 2: But he had a new name. You called him like Sebastopol or something.
Speaker 3: What I remember this, yeah, Sebastian.
Speaker 2: So I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Why did she change his name?
Speaker 2: Because he was he was trying to change his identity. He didn't want to be gunsling and Billy McCoy so I can't remember exactly what you called him, but it was weird, and it was something like sebast to some thing.
Speaker 3: We didn't want to be called.
Speaker 1: And you cann't understand because of this, well, you couldn't understand. My old West accent.
Speaker 2: Had a little bit of a British Old West accent, it was.
Speaker 1: And that is messed up, you guys, because they're literally like, yeah, just do it with an accent. You're like, wait what, I don't know how to do that? O couch try right?
Speaker 3: When you do like feature films, you guys, actress get training and dialect coaches. And then they were probably to you like they probably didn't put in the script and the day of they were like, hey, by the way, Ken, just do an old you bought this god two.
Speaker 1: Kids and the boys were adorable by the way, the little boys.
Speaker 2: You know how the young kids say it's giving, it's giving. It was really giving back to the future three for me, like a lot of future out.
Speaker 1: So Dylan eventually tells Mollie that his mom took him to a poem reader once who told him he wasn't gonna live long.
Speaker 2: That was uncomfortable too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this whole part was uncomfortable and emotional because I they why do they keep doing this? It doesn't keep happening with any other character, but there's something about this Dylan character that they keep writing these like near death experiences or premonitions, and it's so hard to watch Like I never even realized, did you tour that like we would that we would be watching this and like just suddenly like yeah, because he's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's like we have to keep living through something that we didn't want to have to live through and we had to, and.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it's awful. It's like a weird I don't know what what why is this happening?
Speaker 2: Well at the time, it probably didn't seem noticeable, but now it's all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you rewatch it and you're just multiple times though it keeps happening, it's really strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah. AnyWho, that was therapy needed after that episode. But back at the Pea Pad, this is this the party. This is the party where nobody's party waw party, even Jim and Cindy are gluming.
Speaker 2: Oh and Jim's random storyline about his work that was also hard to follow that, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, wait, what's happening there? Bring about something and.
Speaker 2: It's all setting us up for their departure. But it's like he's weird, he's got work proms, he wasn't included in a meeting.
Speaker 1: And it was like a double banger too, because we were getting warned about their upcoming departure, and we're getting like information about Andre and upcoming departure.
Speaker 2: So there's trouble as a f at Jim's work. He's not included in the big meetings and he almost resigned and it's.
Speaker 1: Just like what and you know what, it's given him a headache.
Speaker 2: It's giving him a splitting Did she say he has a splitting headache?
Speaker 3: Wait? In one false swoop they take away four main characters.
Speaker 1: Correct. At the end of the season, yes, wow, three ogs like.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we learned that Hungaria's dude can't we're moving forward.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Is this where we learn about Yale? Is this where we get the Yale info? Two?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yale, that they're going to go off to Yale? Probably, But Brandon's really bummed that he lost the election, rightly so, because he loves wearing those suits.
Speaker 3: I don't know where he's gonna wear those now. I hope he retires. That was like someone to buy them on eBay.
Speaker 1: That suit was like that like boxy oh, like from the Mask you know that movie you carry That's such a great.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Jenny, that's so accurate.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that era was.
Speaker 2: That's so accurate. I feel like that oversized suit is coming back. Justin Timberlake's been wearing like a suit that seems three sizes too big, and I noticed that's sort of around.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I think that a lot of people are losing a lot of weight, so everything looks big up, especially suits.
Speaker 3: It's one of those fashion trends that it's this era of the nineties.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I do enjoy that, Like the thin eyebrows that all the girls are having. No, I kind of like it.
Speaker 3: I like it too, but well, you're okay, but none of the rest of us are okay, Like we never could come back from it.
Speaker 2: I used to have amazing eyebrows, and now I have this because of you.
Speaker 3: Too at you but so mad about it.
Speaker 2: I should show you as a picture of my college eyebrows.
Speaker 1: I want to see.
Speaker 2: You're so much better. I actually just had one because it's to pull a picture for someone's fiftieth They're so much better your own. No, I had to find a picture of my friend Lisa, so look so much better.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is that you on the left? Yeah, you're in the orange yep. Wow. Yeah, those are just some good brows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you guys ruined them, like literally, you.
Speaker 3: Dance came back like mine. I had good ones too, and I was so ashamed of them, like the first couple of seasons, and then the you know, plucking trend. I'm told I'm not supposed to say plucking. That's what you do to a chicken. The tweezing of them. Mine just never came back. That was it done for life. I tell my daughters all the time, don't ever touch your eyebrows. Yeah, seriously, because it's like the friends, they're going to change.
Speaker 4: Just keep them.
Speaker 1: Me too, me too, they have such beautiful eyebrows. Let's see where were we? Kelly uh calls Brandon at the at the pea patch. She calls him and says, Brandon, I'm so sorry. I wasn't there to say. That was so weird you lost the presidency. I'm really tired by.
Speaker 2: Right, you're literally back at the beach apartment, Like, I'm really tired. I'm jet lagged on your weird cordless phone bye.
Speaker 3: And then not getting Dylan right now.
Speaker 2: She has to like knock, knock, knock at a knock and this is this had me shook.
Speaker 1: H he's been thinking about her a lot, and he looks at her like he wants to eat her.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I loved this moment. I wanted him to eat you. You pretty much did, and your friend.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand why they're making out what about Brandon's exactly?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jenny. It's so confused, it's so great. It's weird cool.
Speaker 3: Well to go with things.
Speaker 1: This is the best, like the great, These are the These are the kind of like end of episode moments that I love about the show where you're like, what is happening? And then you can't wait to watch it again.
Speaker 2: Well, correct, because it's leading us up to one of the most iconic lines in nine o two one OHO history cracked.
Speaker 1: Because she is getting real conflicted here. This is I'm not working out for Kelly Taylor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you guys, I think we've got to wrap this up. Amy, your hair's gonna fall.
Speaker 2: First of all, I don't. I'm gonna go take a shower. But I could talk about this episode. I could do literally a whole nother hour.
Speaker 1: What do you give it?
Speaker 3: What do you rate it?
Speaker 2: Back? I'm going to be shocking with my rating.
Speaker 1: You did not like it, but you yet you want to talk about it more.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it a ten.
Speaker 1: What No, no, No, that's the producer in her.
Speaker 2: Because here's the thing. It's got me so fired up. The West part was half of it totally peculiar that I feel like I need to watch six more times to try to analyze and take a class on. And then there was bombs being dropped, you guys, the Valerie stuff, the Andrea and Jesse stuff, the Jim and Cindy stuff. I'm sorry, Kelly Taylor's making out with Dylan McKay at the end of the episode. That's a ten in itself.
Speaker 1: That, right, A lot of a lot of stuff happens.
Speaker 2: And it has lost the presidency, like we've got the contra. Yeah, there's touching the gout the conflict now with David and Claire being in the know on something and using it against right. I mean, the whole thing is like.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's a juicy you like juicy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a forny weird episode also, but I'm like, you know what, it's weird. I'm totally here for it.
Speaker 1: It is good. I like it. I'm right up there with you. And now that you talk me out of my like six, I'm gonna go up to a nine.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to.
Speaker 3: Hear it well a nine, okay? Will you both talked me out of my seven? And I'm only giving it a seven point five because of the end moment of Kelly and Dylan kissing. Sorry, actually I'll give it an eight for that just based on that, because that was everything.
Speaker 2: Here's what I want to know through our astute commentary. Is anybody listening changing their mind about it being the worst episode ever? Like now they're really breaking it down. I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Let's let's hear from you guys us.
Speaker 2: You can't hate this episode.
Speaker 3: It's filled with gold, filled with week gold.
Speaker 1: There's gold in them there episodes. On that note, thank you for everybody that's listening. We love you guys so much. Be sure to do all the things that you're supposed to do. Like it, subscribe to it comments, please send us messages. We'd love to hear from you. Five stars say thanks, love you