Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club, Morning, everybody in stej en Vy, Jesse, Hilarrys Charlamage, the guy. We all the breakfast club. We got a special gainst in the building. Babies and gentleman firs.
Speaker 1: Off feeling So no more a safer Uh, it's still a SAPs on my chest. Okay, Sappers forever. I'm always striving and prospering. But Ferg is like, you know, did he change his name? It's a funny name. It's a funny title to bring up Diddy, right, It's like, but you know it happened. Yeah, did he changed his name a few times? And it represented different eras of his career. And That's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 3: Just your baby oil Era.
Speaker 1: Did listen, I'm I'm Diddy is my family and I love his family. I don't know all of what's going on with this case and everything like that. And it's a bunch of hare to say. Really, it's like a thousand bottles of baby or what that has to do anything with him being a bad man. So yeah, he just a rich man with a bunch of baby.
Speaker 2: So you didn't say this is a new I guess new energy in your life right now to take the A SAP off. So what what is the difference? Is it a crew? Was it more individual?
Speaker 3: Is it? Well?
Speaker 1: I feel like a SAP puts me in group think. You know what I'm saying. You think about the era, the which is a golden era, you know what I'm saying. Like we changed the game, and it's just like for me to change the game a whole other way and in an individual way now, Like I was known for being Ferg my whole life, Like I met Rocky as Ferg, I met yams Is Ferg. And then like when we came together as a group effort, we all changed our name to a SAP for like how bone thus god, you know, a lazy bone, crazy bone, flesh and bone. We just basically took our last names and put them last and put a SAP as our first. So it's just a new era.
Speaker 4: So earlier this year with people from the A Sad Mob saying that you were no longer a part of A Sad.
Speaker 1: Mom, Yeah, ils L said that and he took that that quote back, like we talked about it and hashed it and all of that stuff. But yeah it was and Bari they said that, But my whole thing is like, uh, you know, when you're doing great, that's what it comes with. You know, people you feel some type of way. And I didn't do anything to anybody.
Speaker 3: So yeah, is the mob so close as they used to be?
Speaker 1: Uh close as they used to be? I would say that me and Rocky we talked every now and then and I always check on as well being. But we're so busy just doing our own thing. He got two kids and he's making music and got his career. This is exactly going the way we wanted it to go. Like, you know, I got my land over here, you got your island over here. We big pillars, and then when we come together, it's just like it just gets crazy. So as far as like as close as we used to be, no, because we used to basically live with each other because we used to be on tour together. But as far as love, like I love my brother to death like I would. I always want to see my brother do great, and I love what he's doing. And yeah, all my brothers, you know, even Ils and Bari. Like with the whole thing, it just I always say that people handle fame differently like Yams he handled it the way he handled it and it cost him his life. And it's a lot of access, and you know, it makes people act different. We don't know, Like I don't I know these people and these guys from a point like when I met them, they was already like teenagers or like young adults. I don't know what happened to them in their life before that. So what shapes and molds these people and they they uh younger years or as young men, don't I don't know what it was like in their household or whatever. So when we get the fame and the fortune and all of that, everybody's gonna react different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where you've been at though you've been a little quiet last I've been cooking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cooking. Yeah, Like you know, we in a game where it's like everything is so quick, so quick. I never believed in like rushing my process for money, Like I feel like I've done that. I've like hustled. I feel like after I dropped Traplo on my album, like the time and effort it took me to create that album, which it took my whole life to create that album, because up until that point, I was just living it and I created an album so I had mad life to talk about on that one album. After that, it's just like chasing a hit. But now you're listening to the label YO, put out this, put out that because Yo, this works for radio boom, and then it's like, I mean, I got mad hit records, not saying that that's enough, but for me, it wasn't enough. Like I wanted to like really figure out what I wanted to say, because you know, when you realize you got a voice, you can really make a lot of movement and you want to, you know, as a thirty six year old man, you want to create purpose and have purpose driven moves. So that's what I wanted to figure out, Like, all right, you know I did that. That shit was fun, But where am I going now? Like how am I going to lead to people or what am I saying to the kids? So that's what I had to figure out, Like I wanted to grow as a person so the music could evolve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the name of the album is Darryl. Yeah, No, why Daryl Because it seems like it's almost like you're going back to the origin of yourself.
Speaker 1: I feel like I was running. I was running for myself for a long time. Like my father was such a great man. Like I'm not sure if you.
Speaker 3: Heard the legend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know Dferg Deferg family, Like it's a whole family of us. T Ferg. They know him. That's my uncle, that's always with me. Deferg, my dad. You got Kim Ferg, Mama Ferg. Kim Ferg used to dance with Teddy Riley and you know she used to be with this crew called the Gucci Girls with Dapadan. They're like all of their outfits and stuff. So I come from a whole lineage of Fergs. And then now it's just going back to the basics and going back to my roots because I feel like I never gave the world at I only gave y'all, mobbin. I never gave y'all an individual.
Speaker 4: You know, on a live you said, let me go to therapy and I'll be right back. So have you really been going to therapy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I went to therapy for three years, Like after the It's a song I got called Pool where I talk about my hiatus, and I went to therapy after you know, during the mad Man to it that's like playing Jane is going crazy. I'm doing one hundred and fifty people meeting greet. I'm changing my outfits twice twice a show. I'm like just really trying to like I'm trying to take it there, and I'm taking it there. Like at that time, I'm the face of Tiffany's first black person and artist rapper to be the face of Tiffany's. Also, I had a Hennessy deal, I did a deal Revlon deal, Like it's going crazy. And I think that, like with all of these things that I was doing, it really just bodied me, cause it like it it bodied me in a good way. Though it broke me into a new me because I was like, damn, what am I actually trying to reach? And then when I would like look at artists that like just keep trying to go, go go, go, go, go go, and I'm like, what are they trying to reach? Because like escape or trying to escape, And then I had to ask myself that question, like what am I trying to reach? Like when is it enough? And also I want to experience peace, Like I don't want to have to keep being addicted to working, you know what I'm saying. So and I didn't know if I was addicted to working, but I just I was. I was in you know, when you're coming out the hood, and I'm pretty sure you guys came from, you know, a place where like you had to kind of fight to get out of there, and then it has to become a time where it's like you realize you're not in that fight anymore. And that's what happened. I realized that I'm not like in Harlem, no more like fighting to get out of this place. So I had to like change my perspective. I had to get around other people that had things to realize, like, all right, I'm not the only one going through this. You know.
Speaker 4: It's interesting reason I asked you that is because you know, a lot of times when you first start going to therapy, it's not about what you're learning about yourself, is what you're unlearning, And in a lot of ways, that really does impact your creativity because you're like, well, who the hell am I I'm trying to figure you got to try to figure yourself out all over again. Was that one of the reasons for the hiatus with the music too?
Speaker 1: Uh? I think it's just growing. I think it's growing. We call it a hiatus, but it's like that was normal back in the time where like Biggie and Tupac, Biggie had like four years like he dropped ready to Die and then he came with Life After Death and that's all we got from him after that. Like Lauren Hill dropped one album and then dropped like a joint with the fujis. These is real writers. Kendrick took five years off to like, you know, write his album. So when you putting purpose into music, it is not just about making the world go like this, Like like I could do that all day, but like, all right, How'm gonna make the world go like this to the bpm? But also when a motherfucker come off the high or the liquor and they're driving back home and they sobered up, how can you make it hit they soul still? So that's me. I've always been a person that wanted to put the medicine into music because I do believe that music is a spiritual thing. You know, music we used to sing songs to, like you know, uh and slavery. We used to sing song to like tell you how to get out of there, like yo, you gotta go to the river and then you gotta get on the boat and then because Master not picking up on the slang and a swag and all of that. So you know that that is That's what I do as an artist. I figure out how to communicate to my culture what we're doing next.
Speaker 2: Now, you were very vulnerable on this album. Yes, knowing you for a long time, you've been pretty quiet, like you know, you don't really put your business out there. So how were you able to be so vulnerable and how difficult was it for you? I thought it was like cool to be vulnerable. I thought it was cool to be.
Speaker 1: I talked to the ancestors came through. Nah, I thought it was cool to be vulnerable because we're in the town where being vulnerable, if you can be vulnerable is cool because the kids they put everything out there. And at first I thought that was kind of like crazy, But then when I like really got hip to like what's happening, it's a shift in culture where it's like it's a lot of information being put out to us. We got Hulu, we got Netflix, we got YouTube, we got all of these outlets, and you have to stand out some type of way. We in a town where it's like we're battling for attention span so it's like the realist, like Real TV changed that, you know, real TV, and then you have love and hip hop and now you have straight up Instagram stories and reels and shit like that. So in your music you have to be honest because it's like, if you're not saying some honest shit, I'm just gonna look at this dude's story and like he's not even rapping, but this is more interesting.
Speaker 5: Did you were you at all worried about how vulnerable you were gonna be pretty tragic things like that happened to you as a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, I mean it took me eight years to write Pool, Like, it was three songs that I had wrote to get to that point. So I wrote a song called We Don't Judge and Chance the rappers on it. I'm still put that out with Stacey Barth. And then I wrote another song called Innocent Child, which was like three different stories about three different I mean yeah, three different stories about three different people. The last story was Mines, and then I was just trying to refine, like and then I linked up with my boy Kirby, who he designed. He's the designer and owner Pierre Moss. I just love his storytelling through his clothes and how he speaks to the world. He kind of grabs the bull by the horns and we got in the studio and he's just like, yo, bro, like you itching towards it and you're scratching the surface in this song, innocent child when you need to like really just dive in and just go crazy.
Speaker 3: That you called it pool.
Speaker 1: I called it pool because of so I got dr I got Basically I went to, I don't want to tell us the whole thing, yeah, but yeah, I want you to go to listen to it because that's where you'll get like the really finite detail of the song. But basically, it was an incident that happened in the pool when I was a young kid, and it's everybody's around and everything like that, and you know, for me, it was like weird. And then I was like and it was like one second, but I'm like why, And it just made me ask why. And I wanted to basically create a piece of art that my kid could find, all like kids could find and listen to it and I'm still jiggy, I'm still this person or whatever, and your and and let them know that like the things that happened to you really happened for you. But the things that happen to you can it's it's it doesn't make it doesn't define us define exactly. So I was like and then also I was thinking, like all these rappers and people just be like, yo, we're on demon toime, we on demon Time, And I'm like, when when has that ever been cool? To be on demon times? Really? Like that's like not cool, like to be on demon town, Like we on Demon Time. People don't even know where that energy comes from, Like you just took him by yo, we on demon time. Yo. This is just is what it is. And I understand because like I got homies that's in it, Like so sometimes you forced to be in it, But if you're not forced to be in it, then it's like why you want to be on demon time? Like we should be like wanting to help each other. So yeah, that was just what I was creating that song for. And you know a lot of people say we do on Demon time, and they don't talk about the demons, Like let's open this up, like let's let's let's let's uh dissect what the demon is is, Like let's sit at a table that's what hip hop is. Hip hop is religion. Hip hop is our spirituality. Like hip hop is this like if when this mic, when the cameras is off and you know, we're going we're giving each other file and shit like that, we're gonna talk about this conversation like that's some real shit. Like but while we can't talk about the real shit on camera and have these discussions. Hip hop is a thing that unites religions and kids. You know, there's Muslims and Jewish people that's war on with each other. I went to Jerusalem how to show I seen all of them turning up together. I got back home like they letting me have it on, Like this is how I knew it was a problem because I'm not knowing like I'm making music but like I'm not knowing that I did something like powerful. But like when I get back home, I check on my DM, They're like, yo, how you gonna perform for the Muslims? How are you gonna perform for the Jews? Da da da da da? And I'm like, yo, the kids don't want to fight. The kids want to like unite. The kids want to see the light.
Speaker 4: The kids are caught up in something bigger than them, something that's been going on longer than.
Speaker 1: Them exactly, but like who's really having that conversation? Like why are we not having that conversation? Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Was it difficult depend the right the words for pool?
Speaker 4: Is that why it took eight years because just being just publicly addressing you know, what happened to you. You know, it's hard to address moleftation period, but also with his molestation from the same sex.
Speaker 1: With First of all, I just had the I was looking at the the news that you put out the other day, and then I had to like research molestation and like malestation sounds so crazy to me, Like it's like, oh, like you know, it could vary, like what molestation is regardless of what it is, it can like how old were you? I was nine years old? How old was the person? The person was way older than me because.
Speaker 4: He was I used to think this I got b left by I read I seen you look at it the same way.
Speaker 2: Like did you think it the worse when you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you got different levels, like you know I was touched. Like to be clear, like you know, it doesn't make it no different because you know everything affects. I was like groped basically, and I just found it weird because it's another dude.
Speaker 5: Like absolutely, like what there scared?
Speaker 1: That weird? Like you, yeah, were you.
Speaker 2: Scared to tell your family because your family comes from the street. I know you said you told your cousin when you're scared because you knew that if your family found out.
Speaker 1: I told my cousin because he was my age and I didn't want to I didn't want to feel weird, like I'm holding this thing to myself, so I had to tell somebody. And then years later I told my mom after seeing a precious movie and then people was like standing up. We went to I don't know we've seen like a you went to like a premiere of the precious movie and people was like standing up and telling these stories after that thing. And then I told her like on the train, and she was just like what for real? When I'm sorry? Like she just felt like a bad mom. But like you know, we in the hood, we going to the pool, we're going to the park. You just never know, like wirdows could just creep up in the mix and you can't hold your kid by you twenty four seven, like, so that's a and then the hood, I mean, and then not just in the hood, everywhere. I feel like this shit is going on and people not gonna talk about it, and I'm like, yo, what am I talking about? Like I didn't make that happen to me, like like that shit ain't mine to like be trying to hold inside, like.
Speaker 3: And it's powerful that you're sharing it. There's a lot of brothers.
Speaker 4: I think the only other person that you've heard talk about that in rap was Common No Common, and then Jel Curry over there.
Speaker 1: People say that Kendrick said something about it, but I think that was about his mom.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has a song on his album, The Big Steppers. Is it called the Big Steppers? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you and have those conversations when y'all recording demas?
Speaker 1: Nah? I didn't even tell him what to write about. I actually that was the last song because that was just me by myself at first, and then I was like, how can I turn this up? But he heard the context, like me and him have like a telepathy that like we don't have to talk to each other to know what it is. So he got it and he understood the assignment.
Speaker 5: How did y'all end up piecing up? I know y'all had like a little beef.
Speaker 1: I never had beef for him. I'm like, I'm not the beef type person, like I'd rather like I'm not. I just don't have to talk to you. What we beef before?
Speaker 5: How did y'all connect with that? After that? Though?
Speaker 1: I took Denzel on tour on mad Man Tour. Was it was on the first wing. It was Playboy CARTI and somebody else. Oh, I think it was I DK and I had like I had came off tour during that time because I was just mentally and physically drank, and then I came back on and then I think he came on for the second wing. But me and Denzel always been cool, like super cool. We were the type of dudes talking like I don't know what they're doing, like they're tripping. But yeah, that's my buddy, Like I loved this, He's my favorite rapper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said, is it hard to have these conversations? Could?
Speaker 4: I could always think about, you know, when you're sharing so much of yourself and you're being so vulnerable about certain things, but then you do got to go out here and do interviews and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Is it hard to have those conversations.
Speaker 1: No, I just think that it's it could be challenging on how to uh because you know, you get ridiculed and all of that stuff, and people love to take sound bites and take it out of term and I have to be cool with that. But I think that's really on how I convey it, Like that's what I focused on. Like I thought about this interview like months before I got here. Yeah, I'm like, cause I'm gonna I knew I was gonna have to talk about this stuff. So it's just like, how do I talk about it? And you know, this is not, first of all easy, you don't hear this is like the first type shit, like like somebody talk about this this open you get what I'm saying. I'm like leading the pack for a new way right now, like and it's not easy. So yeah, it's like it's gonna come out the way and come out. But I just try to figure out, like, all right, how can I best you know, paint the picture exactly the way it is in my mind?
Speaker 4: And then coming from Harlem, which is the pause capital you even have that conversation without somebody.
Speaker 1: I'm grown like, yeah, like that's that's neither here nor there, like you know, and yeah, pause, like it's still paused. Like my gay friends say paused.
Speaker 5: They gotta be fami. I feel like the only gay niggas that say paused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna ask you said that you feel like you should be in the conversations when it comes to Kendrick Lamar, J Cole and Drake. Then somebody would say, but it takes you too damn long.
Speaker 1: To put out a project. That's what we do.
Speaker 5: What was your mindset behind I thought I was dead.
Speaker 1: They thought I was dead. I never thought I was dead.
Speaker 5: Okay, well tell me that the mindset behind.
Speaker 1: That, The mindset behind that was the l's comment. You know what I'm saying. He said I was a you know, I was burnt out, trapped, little can't get it right. I remember that. I remember that so vivid.
Speaker 4: You there, You're the most active from.
Speaker 1: It for me, musmusically, musically, Yeah. And he said that when I had like a song on a billboard with Nas Spicy and a song with Nicki Minaj. But I love Els, you know, I love him even when he don't know I do or if he don't think I do. But yeah, that that fueled me and I was just like, you know what, this is great because for so long I felt like nobody was trying to fuck with me, Like I needed somebody to like poke me, like poke the beer so I could get better. Like so I just used a fuel to just create. And yeah, and also I was looking at Dion Sander's team. They just kept losing, so I'm gonna create an anthem for them and just for any But then it turned into for anybody who was doubted. I wanted to create this anthem for I feel.
Speaker 2: Like the album is kind of like that, Like you feel like a lot of people doubted you in this album and it's like, this is my way of giving y'all a middle finger, telling y'all I'm back.
Speaker 1: Nah, it wasn't really, It's a few. It wasn't a lot of people, like because I know I'm lit, like I that's not a question in my mind. It's just I'm talking to a few people. Yeah, and you can hear it, like, you know, I say some names, I'm sly with some things, but you get a I'm very transparent on this album.
Speaker 5: Now you said that you corrected me. You never thought you was dead. But you have a song called alive with a sad face next to it.
Speaker 1: Alive Unhappy. It's called I just thought that'd be cool to like use a emoji. That's a part of the title. Another thing with the title, and I'm gonna get back to what you was asking. The title reads, it's basically a summary when you read it down of what the album is about.
Speaker 3: So you got work, thought I was dead?
Speaker 4: Alive, the Lord demons, messy French tips, that homies captain spelled fool chosen doubt exactly.
Speaker 1: So what you asked again, unhappy? All right, So basically now that leads us here, Uh, light work, because I'm a light worker. Like I sat down with these mediums and they told me I was a light worker. I come to shed light in a place of dark.
Speaker 3: Work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not playing, We're here to fix things. So light work. I come to shed dark I mean light in a land of dark. So but in Harlem we be like, oh, that shit is light work, that shit is easy. So I'm like thinking, like, yo, this is light work. And then I have my little cousin do that on a song. This is light work. So light work goes until they thought I was dead. They thought I was dead because I've been going for four years. And then you go to Alive Unhappy, which that but then is speaking on the intro and then Alive Unhappy is basically just saying like, nah, I'm not dead, I'm alive, but I'm unhappy and that is the why I've been gone. So alive unhappy, And then it goes into why the allure with me in future, the allay of the game, the money, the fame, the drugs, the booze, the everything. You know, we have five people die out of a sap, Yams China, Jay, Scott, Pressy and Josh. Yeah, I won't be surprised if it's like somebody are missing. But yeah, so alive unhappy. Uh. And then you go into a law, and then a law with the a law of the game comes to demons. Now we're talking about the demons. Now, what I said, rappers want to talk about demons out there on Demon Time, but they don't open it up. And I'm not coming at no rappers. This is just a pamphlet on or a blueprint on what we need to do. Open those demons up and let's talk about it. So I start talking about the demons. I see demons everywhere, Demons from the pain, Demons in my cup, demons in my brain, Demons in the food, Demons with the fame, Demons in the sun, demons in the rain. She on demon times. She don't need the vibe. No, I got a girl. She don't even mind. I don't got a condom. I don't need to find demon in my mind telling me it's fine. So we going to demons, and then we go in to messy, because with demons, shit get messy, and then messy it goes into French tips, you know, getting messy with my girl and fucking up all of that ship. But like I'm also showing gratitude towards my lady and that song. And then we going to casting spells on that homie. Sorry, that's another that's demons too, Like all my niggas is dying, all of that. I gotta deal with that. And then we go in to casting spells, which is like more about like manifestation where we're talking about power words. Uh, that's why they call it spelling. It's like casting spells every time you talk. So you know, young Thug was locked up at the time, and he was locked up behind bars for his bars. So I did a painting. I painted all of my my cover art too, So I did a painting called Young Thug, and then it has like bars like jail bars, and then it has rico and blood behind bars. So I was like, put put the rico behind bars because we're getting locked up for our bars. So yeah, so we got cast and spells. Then we go into pool. This is when it like start getting real and in the skin, into the spirit of what this album is about. And then we go into uh Chosen because that is an affirmation to myself, I'm the chosen one. And then we go into Darryl. I arrived to myself for myself.
Speaker 4: You talk on on the live you talk about how you only got one more album with Sony.
Speaker 1: Now that's thought I was dead.
Speaker 3: I thought I was dead. I'm sorry, I done thought I was dead.
Speaker 4: What's important to you at this stage of your your career when it comes to like just renegotiating if.
Speaker 1: You even want to renegotiate, Uh, just more freedom, uh more money. I got signed. I had three partners basically in my pocket and easy and breezy. I never talk about business. I never talk about family business. I might talk a little bit about family business and songs get trouble, get in trouble for it sometimes. But yeah, I had, you know, three partners, and I had to work through that for ten years. So everything that you see I have, I had to work like ten times harder to get it. So now you know, I have one more album. I'm gonna make some more money. You know what I'm saying, point blank period. I got things I need to do.
Speaker 2: And I noticed on the Law of people were talking about futures verse people were assuming that he was talking about Gunna. Of course, when people send you verses, do you listen or do you not care? That's their own artistic way of feeling.
Speaker 1: Oh, I definitely listen. I'm listening, and I know what people was talking about. But yeah, artistic freedom. I'm not allowing nobody to like it's words. At the end of the day, you know what I'm saying, and his words like we see I think Future and Drake just got linked back up and they cool again. And Okay, well, you know I met Gunner through Thug, so I'm lawyer to Thug. Whatever Thug say, is good. It's good, you know I love I love Thug and I've grown a love for Gunner and when I see him, it's love. But at the same time, it's like, whatever Thug say.
Speaker 3: Have you spoken to Dougs?
Speaker 1: I haven't spoke to Thug when he was home, but I went to his girl's show and we had spoke on the phone.
Speaker 5: How was the work of withmrgie Bline? You got her on two tracks?
Speaker 1: Mary is the Queen. Mary is literally the best in the world, Like we are the same spirit, like uptown energy, her remixing like Royeers songs. I love Royeers. Yeah, it's like it was a dream for me to work with her. She actually chose four songs to like jump on. She wound up getting on too, But yeah, I do a whole album with her. She's amazing.
Speaker 3: How therapy kept you grounded, more poised.
Speaker 1: It gave me tools to work through thoughts. It's like I look at my therapists like a life manager, Like we got managers for our money, we got managers for our work, and like we need managers for our mind. And you might need a spiritual spiritual god too, to like guide you through the unseen. So it's like that's how I look at therapy. It's just like a life manager. It helps me put things into perspective, like you said, unwinding things and breaking conditions and like understanding where things is rooted, so you could kind of look at it and just be like, oh, that's popping back up, let me dive in. And then also like meditation. I've been meditating for about five years now, like religiously. When I had like heavy anxiety, I was meditating for thirty minutes in a day as soon as I wake up, and then thirty minutes before I go to sleep. And then that shit literally that in the therapy. Like I used to go into the therapy office and my leg was moving like this. I used to watch my father do that all the time. And when I first walked in there, he said, you see your leg moving like that? And I was like, and then I just stopped. He was like, yeah, that's anxiety. And anxiety also don't only have to be from trauma or whatever. It can be you're happy, you're excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you want to see what it's gonna do.
Speaker 1: It Like when I walked Kendrick through harlem My anxiety was through the roof because I'm like, Kendrick one of my favorite rappids, So it's like that right there was like, uh, that was that was cool. That was some cool ship. Niggas can't do that, you know what I'm saying. And he was protected. Nothing happened on my watch. He was more nervous about like me, sure, I wasn't even thinking about that. Te Ferd really thought about that because I just don't think shit gonna happen to me at all. Yeah, but like, yeah about that you walking walking him through a Harlem. So I had one to his show and he was like, yo, I got a day off tomorrow. I'm like, are you trying to go to Harlem? Hm? He was like yeah, I'm down. And then Dave Free called me. He was like, Yo, this nigga really trying to pull up the halem. So I had to like put a whole itinerary together and randomly wound up being Dapper Dan's birthday that day. He didn't even know I was coming to see him, And I brought Kendrick to Melbourns and then we went to Dapper Then I brought him to my hood showed them like the stupid that you know I used to hang out on and it was like he's like, you know, they don't got hydrants open in La, so he's like touching the water act like that whole water. Yeah. I just thought it was cool and it kind of like I seen the kid in them. Like we walked through two fifth, like from like seventh to eighth, and you know, like we walked past the Apollo. He looking at the DVDs that they got on the table, and it was early, so all the kids is in school, so it wasn't like crazy mayhem. We was like lo. We was like damn, like where everybody at? And then I crossed the street we went and we got like some mangos from the Mexican lady. So it was cool. And that's what is that the video where he did the pull ups? Yeah he beat t Ferg and the pull ups. Yeah, they got it. They gotta do a rematch. We said, we gotta go to Compton and they gotta do the rematch because we can't go out like that.
Speaker 3: East Coast another thing people were talking about earlier this year.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you spoke about this anywhere, but when they was looking for Rocky to be on Romelo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put it out.
Speaker 3: He wasn't doing there.
Speaker 1: I think Rocky low Ki used that verse for another song. Yeah, yeah, so that's what happened. But he ain't telling me that, so you had to take him off. I didn't take him off that. The version still exists. We can still put it out, yo, everybody, all the fans go hond Rocky to drop his version of Romelo, because whatever other song he dropped, we don't remember that. Go drop the Romelo verse. We need that. That back and forth is crazy on some Jada and styles, going back and forth crazy.
Speaker 4: And you know, people always talk about your face when they when they did the they showed that video of Rocky talking about fighting in jail.
Speaker 3: Classic for whatever reason, that goes.
Speaker 4: Super viral on TikTok all the time, and they always doing it on your face.
Speaker 1: What were you thinking of that moment. I was just listening. I wasn't even thinking, and I didn't even realize I was doing all of that with my face until I like, I was like, yo, I seen a mic drop like this, and then I'm like, I'm like and I'm like, because this is news to me, Like I never first of all casting Ova. When he first came home, he told me he was locked up with Flocker, and I didn't know that Rocky was locked up, so that was news. And then when I think I brought it up or he brought it up during that interview, and then he started going to the details. This was all news to me. So I'm just reacting to the news and I didn't know I was looking like that.
Speaker 3: Did you talk about its?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, we laughed about it. You Rocky likes shit like that. He's silly like he Rocky is. Yeah, he he Rocky a different type of dude, Like he ain't tripping about none of that shit, at least to me.
Speaker 3: Do you miss that having the whole gang around?
Speaker 1: Uh No, I don't because it was a time. It was a time when we was kids. A lot of it was fun, but a lot of it I was just like, man, I can't wait till I have my own bus. I can't wait till like it's my time to like pick out people who I want to roll with me and do my thing. Cause I don't smoke weed, I don't. I don't do a lot of the things like I mean, the girls. Yeah, we was doing a lot of the teens, but we you know, it was some fun moments in that and I like to leave it like that, like it's legendary, Like I wouldn't want to, you know, if it's a thing where like any of my brothers need anything, like I could put up on twelve V work through stuff or you know. But yo, that's eleven years in front of y'all. But like you know what I'm saying. But before that, we like in Harlem doing the same thing, but not in front of the world. So you know, all together, it's probably like seventeen years of just us. I'm ready for new new things, Like you know what I'm saying, And like I said, if any of them need anything, I'm here. I do sorry to cut your wisdom, but I do feel like we gotta get this asap movie together, and we gotta get the Yams stuff together and tell a story because we are getting of age and it's that.
Speaker 4: Time y'all going after you think Yams being Yams, he felt like the heart and soul of everything. You think when he passed, that like changed everything, the whole dynamics of the group or the crew.
Speaker 1: When he passed, for sure, because Jams was fighting. Like I watched Jams catching siege at Coachella. He went to the hospital when he came back and he he's still trying to fight to everybody and talk like, well, he wasn't fighting, but he was like fighting through that having another seizure, you know, while talking and trying to get everybody together because you got different textures and you know, I might be like silk, and like Rocky might be like hemp, and like uh Nas might be like leather. So you're trying to mesh all of these different fabrics together and that's a tough thing to do, especially coming from Harlem like and Yams like Yams Yams. Every time he talked, it's just like he was getting electrocuted. He he just catch another It's not funny, but like at that moment, I'm like, yo, bro, you're gonna die, Like you gotta stop you You're stressing yourself out way too much. Like and that's I don't miss that. I don't miss that energy and I don't miss but it was it made me into who I am, and I know that that's a very real thing. And that's why I also feel like this album is important.
Speaker 5: You speak about therapy like in past, and you know you're not in therapy anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh no, No, this is my therapy now, you know, talking to y'all. So whenever I need to like talk to somebody, I'm gonna come here. Nice.
Speaker 4: You definitely go to your therapy, like you said, it's something that you keep, like it's like a doctor.
Speaker 1: If I need it, like I will go. But it was times where like I'll just go and be like, Yo, how's the family, and then like, yeah, the family is good? Like yeah, so I was like, how was Thanksgiving? And we ain't got nothing to talk because I got the tools I get you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, talk to us about Ferg apparel. You're relaunching. Oh yeah, just show it. Okay, that's what's uping. That was your pops line, right, yeah, and you're relaunching it.
Speaker 1: It was it's a family brand from the furg Empire. My father started in nineteen ninety four, had a store in one forty fifth between seventh and eighth, And yeah, I just thought it was time, like with like this whole me going back to the roots, I just thought it was only right. I never really put the energy into like relaunching the brand. I always used the logo, but I wanted to relaunch the brand, and I felt like it was a whole demographic that wasn't getting fed. And that's like the uptown energy, Like we don't got that. We don't got that. In fashion, we don't got the stories. And nowadays kids love going shopping advantage stores and stuff like that because those close hold stories in it, and they want to be in those stories.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: They they spend like one thousand dollars on like a Selena shirt or like you know, Tina Turner. So I just wanted to like provide the stories to them because that's important. They were like my friend's son, we was all working out, well, my uncle's son, he was we was working out yesterday and his son is fourteen years well seventeen years old, and he's just like asking me, like yo, when you were seventeen, like how you was doing it? So they need the information. They need the information, so I want to give it to him.
Speaker 4: I was watching a hand in gene Views. I saw you on their on effective immediately, Yeah, you said you got a job at rock Nation.
Speaker 1: I don't have a job at rock Nation.
Speaker 5: So J. J.
Speaker 1: Brown is my manager and along with Kaylee and I brought in my uncle Dion, but I had an internship at Rockefeller back in the day, well not Rockefeller, but Rock a War and yeah, so we we working together, like and it's nice.
Speaker 3: You got you, got, you got you.
Speaker 4: My last question, man, I saw a quote, Well you said it's okay to grow up, and that's what I want to show my community on this album. So it just made me wonder, why do you think our community is the one that judges people for something as simple as wanting to grow up or wanting to better yourself.
Speaker 1: We watched all of the great people do it. Jay Z, Kendrick, J Cole. I love Snoop. Snoop is my favorite rap of in the world. We got the same birthday, October twentie. Snoop is my favorite rapper because he was the first to show his kids like, yo, this is my family, this is my kids, and be like a gangster rapper. Like I thought that was super dope and he could be gangster but also still be gangster and do a Martha Steward show and not look like he compromising himself. So I don't know if that's some libra shit, but I rock with that.
Speaker 2: Let's get into a joint off the album what you want to Hear Chosen? Yeah, all right, well we'll get into that now.
Speaker 3: The album Darryl is out right now and we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 1: Brother. Yes, it's Berg.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club