Speaker 1: What's that at the bed spooky? Hey, Juky, I'm really sure it's dead. He's coming to this way. Wait a minute, hey, I said, I not Nandez Police. Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to doosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. This week we are joined by the sensational Sashir Zamata, who of course is constantly on television podcasts and former Saturday Night Live cast member. I asked her a little bit about is thirty Raw haunted? I always wonder that that place haunted. It has to be whatever Sashier came with the stories, honey. So I'm just gonna make this intro real quick this time, because Sashier is a dream guest. You'll see what I'm talking about. Let's just get into it. Here's me talking to Sashier Zameida and with the show. Oh my god, I am joined this week by Sashier Zameida. Sashiir, how are you? I am so good.
Speaker 2: It's good to be here.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. It's a rainy day in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: It's a rainy day, spooky day.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in ghosts. I don't know if I.
Speaker 3: Consider them ghosts, but yeah, I guess like energy that doesn't like leave this plane. I do believe in like there's still being uh life here when life has gone.
Speaker 2: I guess if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can get into that. Have you experienced that yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have spent a lot of time in New Orleans, which is just a haunted place, like straight up.
Speaker 1: They know it, they love it.
Speaker 3: I've definitely passed real estate signs like for sale signs and they list on the board haunted.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, just so you know. People send me that all the time, And yeah, I think it's great because for some people that's a huge appeal. For other people, absolutely not. Now where would you be on that?
Speaker 3: I would be on uh, absolutely not. I don't want to live with more people than I intend to.
Speaker 1: You're not paying rent, yeah, and they come and go. You can't really plan on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's like a fun idea, but it's not a place I would want to live.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: Actually, I was there with my partner at the time and we were on mushrooms, which I would not recommend anyone do mushrooms in New Orleans because it already has so much energy that you don't need to enhance that. But anyway, we were on mushrooms that day and having a great time.
Speaker 2: Like loving the music of the streets. It felt so good.
Speaker 3: And then I remember we passed a busker who was singing change Gonna Come, and we were like, oh my god, the city's so magical.
Speaker 2: And then it started getting dark.
Speaker 3: Energy started shifting, and then things that we thought were cute before were no longer cute, Like we saw the same busker and it was just like a like a bit off for a little pitchy or just like change go and come, and we're like, we don't want that change. And I remember we were on a royal street on the Gallery Street and we were staring through a window looking at a painting because it was moving. It was like, you know, the visuals really fun. While we were on drugs and I felt someone touched my back like like a grasp, and I turned around and my partner was not close to me, like a few feet away, and I was like, did you just touch me? And he's like no, and I was like, oh, we got to guest the street. We gotta go back to the hotel. I don't like this vibe. So we go back to the hotel and we tried to hook up, which is like, why does anyone try to hook up on drugs? Like we like it felt like my head was inside of his head and vice versa.
Speaker 2: Like it was not working. We were like, we should stop. This feels messy.
Speaker 3: So we stopped and then woke up the next morning and I remember being like, it's so weird. Like while we were making out, it felt like the door was wide open and there was another person in the room, like just like standing in the corner.
Speaker 2: And he was like, that's what I felt too, But.
Speaker 3: We didn't like communicate that that night, Like it was the morning where I was like, that was a weird feeling, and he was like I also felt that. And I was like, oh my god, was there another entity in the room.
Speaker 1: Like trying to start a ghost thrupple.
Speaker 3: Yes, trying to start out orgy. Yeah, it was quite unnerving. And I have told this exact story on stage separately in a different town, and as I was talking about it, the light bulb above me burst.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 3: I was like, it is the ghost following me being like, keep my name out of your mouth.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, we didn't do anything. I was just watching. Yeah, calm down, wait a second. Okay, did you get a vibe of like masculine, feminine, anything like that?
Speaker 3: Hmmm, I would say, just from my memory masculine. And I don't know why, but it did feel like there was just some.
Speaker 1: Dude or just staring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I don't know if that means like someone passing that hotel or whoever touched me on the street followed us into the hotel.
Speaker 1: I do not know. Oh I don't like that. But that's the thing with New Orleans or you know some of these places where there's just it's everywhere you go to your hotel room, you go on the street, they'll find you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking today, this is a good idea. I'm gonna pitch you a sitcom. Oh please. Okay. It's two best friends. The one is like they're not they're not the star of the show. They're just like a person, okay, okay, and then their best friend, who's like the real star, got like a super dry sense of humor, pan sexual, and then they die, but then they come back as a ghost. Okay, this pan sexual person with a dry sense of humor, and the show's called deadpan. Wow.
Speaker 3: I actually really love that. I think I feel like some shows get sold by name. I feel like that's already ahead of the curb.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm gonna keep working on it. Thank you. Yeah I needed that. Okay, So I'm not a big You said it was mushrooms, right, Yeah, I never have done mushrooms like that. Like I feel like I had like a little bit back in the day and like not so much happening. Yeah, but do you like hallucinate, like you actually see things.
Speaker 2: I haven't in a while.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if that's because it's not my first couple times anymore, or it's just I'm taking less than I have before. But the very first time I did it, it was full cartoons.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah. I was in New York.
Speaker 3: I drank mushroom tea, and I was also doing this with a person who did mushrooms a lot. Huh, So I think her scale of what a beginner should have was a bit off. So we had mushroom tea and then also ate the mushrooms at the bottom of the tea, and we were like watching videos on my computer. The images that were on the computer were like coming off.
Speaker 1: The computer and going onto the wall.
Speaker 3: And then I tried to go to the bathroom and the floor was straight up slanted. My whole inertia was just like cock eyed, and I was like, huh, well, maybe we should go outside. So we went outside, tried to walk. I lived near McCarran Park at the time in Brooklyn, and it took forever to get from my apartment to the actual park, and I remember looking at the trees and they were cartoons and they were like moving inward and towards me.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't scared. I was just kind of like.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's what you've always been, this is your true essence. I never actually like knew that this is what you could be. And kind of still, even though that was years and years ago, I still look at trees and I'm like, I know what you really are.
Speaker 1: I know your secret.
Speaker 3: You look all serious and stiff right now, but I know I know what you really are.
Speaker 1: I definitely think that there's people that do a lot of hallucinogens and stuff, and that's kind of their belief. It's like the world how we see it, But then when I take the drugs, then we see what's actually happening always twenty four to seven. Yeah, But like do you really think that, Like do you think there are like cartoons everywhere but we just don't see them until you're on drugs.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think there's something to like.
Speaker 3: It just feel like it's opening up your third eye a bit, or like opening up a viewpoint that you're maybe closed off to in your normal, everyday, run of the mill life. Because I do think like our brains visualize things in a way that is digestible for us, but I think that the things that we see and experience probably do have some other things that we aren't able to see because we've been trained to see it this way, Like this glass looks like this glass because that's what I have learned this glass looks like. But I think it can probably be a different version. I feel like I sound so trippy right now.
Speaker 1: Now, this is where we do this is this podcast, Okay, get but also it kind of makes me feel like the dem Men multiverse kind of thing where it's like, is there another version that exists?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I'm into.
Speaker 1: And sometimes we get these little blips of that we get like a little little taste of it, and then that's when people are like I saw a ghost or an alien or a whatever.
Speaker 2: Totally and there's like science behind it.
Speaker 3: There's like little things occasionally opop up in the news where it's like, oh, there's.
Speaker 2: Like maybe a portal here on like one of the polls.
Speaker 3: Like there's maybe like a peek into another dimension, or like our dimensions are not so far away as we thought.
Speaker 2: I think there is uh stuff that.
Speaker 3: We can't see normally, and not the drugs are necessarily the way to see it, but I think there's something to like making your mind a little more uninhibited that helps you be able to see those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: It's funny. My friend Nicole Bayer, who has done.
Speaker 1: The show better on the show, Yeah, yeah, lover.
Speaker 3: The mushroom story I'm talking about in Brooklyn, she met me and my friends in the park. She was fully so, but she's a person who can match that energy. So it felt like we were all on drugs and she would point things out and be like like it was like a bunch of dogs being walked in front of us, and she was like a dog parade and.
Speaker 2: We were like a dog parade.
Speaker 3: She is the best person to have around when you're on drugs. And then when she walked up towards us on the bench, we were all like a mermaid because her hair was like flowing in the wind, and for some reason, mermaid was the first thing that we thought. We were like, you just look like a mermaid, and she's like, oh my God, thank you.
Speaker 1: So when you were growing up, did you have any beliefs that were you know, from your family, or you know, anything cultural or religious or anything that would make you believe in ghosts or any thoughts on that at all.
Speaker 3: I was raised very Christian Baptist m so my mom was not down with talking about like paranormal stuff or things of that nature. She wouldn't let me read Harry Potter because it involved witchcraft in the Devil's Work. But I do remember when I was in college, I came home to visit my mom and I was staying in my childhood bedroom and I was sleeping and I heard like like a scratch or like a scramble on the headboard above me, and then like a brush across my face, and I was like, WHOA, what was that? And I turned on the light and there was this huge spider across the room on the wall, like as big as my hand, and I was like, oh, that's I don't want that, and so I snuck past it went to my mom's room. I was like, there's a huge spider. Please help. She's from the south, like grew up on a farm. So she just like got paper towels and like slammed against the wall and like flushed it down the toilet. And I was still freaking out, And I was like, what was the thing that brushed my face? Do you think this spider crawled on my face and then flew across the room, which also like was it heavy stepping on the headboard? Like the sound didn't make sense. The brush across the face didn't make sense, and spiders don't fly like that, so what happened? And my mom was like, you know, it was probably an angel's wing brushing you awake to warn you about danger. And I was like, oh my god, I would much rather believe than an angel woke me up and this hand sized spider crawled across my face and flew, So that is what I'm believing. So I guess my mom in a way does believe in angels or believes in something spiritual like that, which I don't feel like it's too different.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. I feel like angels are like ghosts that God like hires, like they're yeah, they're appointed. Yeah, ghosts totally, you know, the Holy spirit, the Holy ghost. Yeah, like it's the same thing. It's just maybe they weren't some pan sexual that died and now you know starts in the sitcop. Yeah, I don't know where they came from, but I Bill, I think that's possible, iltely believe in that. It does make me think about that statistic about how we swallow a certain amount of spiders in our sleep.
Speaker 3: Which is actually a think statistic. I think it's like eight spiders a year or something like that. But then I was googling about that because I was like, is that true?
Speaker 1: And it's not.
Speaker 3: That rumor was actually an experiment to see how fast rumors can spread, So someone just made that statistic up. It's not like our esophagus doesn't work when we're sleeping. Like if a spider did try to crawl down our throats, we would stop it, we would choke, we would like throw it up or whatever. It wouldn't just like easily crawl down the tunnel of our throats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like the magic school bus. Yeah, we're just gonna go down there with ease. Yeah, because I'm thinking about your story, like the angels like tapping tap and tapping, like come on, Yeah, there's a spider and then you're still sleeping and that's like all right, I'm gonna get the wing out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's trying multiple things, like, oh, I guess you didn't hear the thing. I use all my energy to tap in a file to slap her with my wings.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you about story I researched. Yeah, it's called the Dover demon Ooh you ever hear of it?
Speaker 2: No, I have not.
Speaker 1: It's a Massachusetts kind of urban legend cryptid creature. Okay, how do you feel about that phenomena of like a bigfoot? Yeah? Now lockness.
Speaker 3: I mean, there are like so many creatures that like show up every few years where it's like I guess, yeah, there's so many things I don't know, especially when it comes to the ocean. There's always a new yucky ocean alien thing that they're like, I guess this exists.
Speaker 1: I know, So I'm like, yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: I'm sure someone saw thought it was like a monster and called it the Lockness Monster, or like, you know, I'm sure there's a huge monkey looking thing in the woods and they're like, I guess it's bigfoot, Like I'm sure, yeah, I believe it.
Speaker 1: I think what's so fun about those is that, if that is true, something about these creatures are like, but I don't want you to see me, Like they hide, they don't want to be seen. They're so so demure. There's like something about them where they're like i'll give you a peek, I'll give you a taste, but not a swallow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They're not like deer that are everywhere. They're just like, oh oh, I don't want you to really look at.
Speaker 1: Me, publicity whore. Those deers thirsty.
Speaker 3: So thirsty, they're like, please, I'll be in the road. I'll be anywhere you want me to be.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking for work. Okay. Well, the Dover Demon made such a big splash because it was in Massachusetts, like not too far away from Boston, in Dover, Massachusetts, and you know, it's like they pretty much know what's on land around there. And then one day this creature apparently shows up. Most of the research I got is from WBSM dot com, which is the website of fourteen twenty WBSM New Bedford's news talk station. So nineteen seventy seven, there's a seventeen year old boy named Bill Bartlett and he's driving in his Volkswagen with two of his friends around ten thirty pm when he notices a strange creature with his headlights. He says he wasn't sure if it was a dog or a cat at first. It was on all fours and it was grasping a rock with like hands. He said it had strange little feets with long fingers, two large eyes that were glowing like orange marbles, and a round head that was shaped like the rest of its body. He said it was peach colored and it had skin like a shark.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: He said the sighting only lasted about seven to eight seconds, but his two friends didn't see anything. Then two hours later, a fifteen year old named John Baxter was walking home from his girlfriend's house and he's feeling good. It's twelve thirty coming home for his curfew. He sees what looks like a person with a big head standing upright on two feet and he knew a neighbor kid that had a larger than average head, and he thought it was him, so he said, is that you? And then the thing ran off and then it leaned up against a tree. And then this girl the next night, fifteen year old. I don't know why only teenagers are seeing this interesting. Yeah, yeah, she was driving with her boyfriend and she saw what she described as a hairless monkey in the area. It didn't have a tail, it was on all fours, and it had a face that had no features other than some big old eyes. And the thing is, these three kids, apparently if they knew each other, they didn't know each other super well. It's believed that they never talk to each other about this. Yeah, and crazy thing is it's never been seen again.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 1: Some people think that it was a baby moose or a baby horse, or even a big giant owl or a dog with mange. So that's the dover demon.
Speaker 3: But it can't be like well I guess it, not that it can't be, but like a moose and a dog. Well, I guess a dog can be on its high legs. But the part about it's standing on two legs doesn't seem like animal like.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've seen it. There's a dog I follow. I don't know if you see this dog, but there's this dog that's so cute and it like sits in a chair like a human. I've seen videos like that. Yeah, so you know it could just be an unusual Yeah, because here's the thing. Also, animals are so rude to each other sometimes. If you're that Disney character in the family where you're a little baby moose that can walk on two legs and you don't have any hair and you don't have any horns, the family's gonna be like you're weird. Get away, Yeah, and then it's just like crawling on its own looking for food and friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the moose is just on it. It's like this is the first act of this moos's journey. Eventually they'll find their horns and then she becomes famous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are still talking about her. It's like fifty years later. Anyway, Hey, can I show you a haunted eBay doll?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: It's time for the dolls are living. Okay, So here's what I do. I go to eBay and I type in the words haunted doll, and to many people's surprise, there are thousands of listings every day. This one I have found is named Bethina. Jiha. Could you show us Bethina please? Oh boy. Bethina is going for fifty dollars, which is i'd say an average price for a haunted doll. Okay, she is kind of a baby doll, got on a kind of a cute dress, velvet red. Something that sticks out to me about Bethina's head is that the sides of it, it's like she has like a ridge around her head. Yeah, it's like a hammerhead shark. It feels like an empanada or something like or like a pot sticker you know, they like pinch it together around the corner. It's like it feels, yeah, she's got a potsticker head.
Speaker 3: Which, yeah, it feels like there's no division between the ears in the head.
Speaker 2: It's all smooth into a point.
Speaker 1: She looks sweet, you know, she does look sweet. Looks like a sweet, young baby doll, which is deceiving. Don't be fooled. Yeah, which Bethina no offense to anyone if you're listening, and that's your name, but it's not the cutest name I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, it does sound like a haunted name. It really sounds like, of course, Bethina is a haunted doll.
Speaker 1: Well, these all come with biographies. Oh, this one's kind of long, but I'll give you some of the highlights. It says, meet Bethina. This doll is unlike any other haunted item you may come across in your lifetime. No, this is not your run of the mill's spiritual encounter. Bethina is a whole other level of creepiness. From the moment this doll entered my life, I have felt an overwhelming sense of terror and unease. Strange occurrences have plagued my home, from unexplained voices whispering in the dead of night to objects moving on their own accord. And I swear I have seen the eyes of Bethina follow me as I move about the room. I fear for my mental and emotional wellbeing, and I can no longer keep Bethina in my home. They go on to blah blah blah. They've did some like sessions to try to talk to her. It turns out she is very negative. In the night, I have heard horrid groans and whispers coming from her, as if she's speaking in reverse. No, like the words are reverberating through the air and back into wherever they came from. They do warn potential buyers that this doll has been known to scratch wood surfaces. Hell no, oh no, I'm getting my deposit back. On more than one occasion, I have found deep, deliberate scratch marks in my furniture. Hell no, oh no. And I have no doubt that Bethina is the culprit. Wow, that's a lot of activity from this doll. Yeah, and I'm like, often I feel when these dolls sound like true nightmares. Just give it to a thrift store or burn it. I don't know. Why are you saying I need fifty bucks for this? Oh?
Speaker 3: Interesting, I guess because there are people who want that, I guess.
Speaker 1: But you're also being like, just so you know, it's horrible. Yeah, it's very negative and it will ruin your furniture.
Speaker 3: But maybe if they just gave it away to goodwill, they feel like irresponsible because some unknowing person is just gonna pick it up and take it home and now' have like moans and groans when they're trying to go to sleep and scratch up furniture.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing is it could be maybe this doll just doesn't like you. Haha. Maybe this doll doesn't like your furniture.
Speaker 3: I thought that was an interesting point when they were like, we tried to talk to her, and she's very negative.
Speaker 2: She has a bad attitude.
Speaker 1: What uugh what I hate this chair? It is ugly. Well that's Pathena. Wow.
Speaker 3: Have you met or talked to people who actively seek out these dolls, like, who actively buy these dolls?
Speaker 2: I do know one person.
Speaker 3: I don't know her well, but she does buy haunted dolls to keep in her home.
Speaker 1: Tell me about this.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like if anything's happened, but I think there's like some sort of like hunt or like this like collector's urge to get to get multiple haunted dolls.
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, it's almost like having a pet or something. I think, just.
Speaker 2: A little more finicky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it could be. Some of them sound great. Yeah, you know, I read a lot of these bios and I get tempted sometimes. I'm like, that sounds like my kind of person. They sound fun. We like the same kind of things. But I know a few people that are into this kind of a thing, and it's usually I will say eBay. It's one of these things like I don't know, certain dating apps that seem like they're for hookups or whatever. And sometimes I'll talk to people and they'll be like, I don't go on that. Everyone on there they just want this or that, And I'm like, well, maybe you don't know that. If you're going to be on there, maybe somebody like with the same mindset as you could be on there, like you just never know. M And I feel that way about eBay sometimes, where it's like it has a bad reputation because I think there's a lot of just like garbage people make up, fake ghost stories whatever. Yeah, but I think there could be some good ones on there. I think there's some gems you never know what you're gonna get. But most of the people I know that have these kinds of things, it's usually more from like someone had it and gave it to that someone reached out because they knew these people were into it, or you know, yeah, that's sort of a thing.
Speaker 3: Actually, another time I was in New Orleans, I was with a friend. We went to a voodoo priestess shop and she helped us make voodoo dolls. It was just for like kicks right, but I wish before we made it she explained what she explained to us after we made it, oh, which is, these voodoo dolls are in your likeness, so you do have to take care of them. If you don't take care of them, it's like you're not taking care of yourself. And if you don't want that responsibility, you can't just throw them away or destroy them because that will also affect your life. You have to like ceremoniously dismember them or something, which she did not explain.
Speaker 1: And that is five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and she's like, thank you so much for coming, please recommend me. So we had these dolls, and I had both of them for some reason when we left New Orleans, and I just like had them in a plastic bag in the corner of my room, like not thinking about it.
Speaker 2: And months went by.
Speaker 3: It's not like a lot of terrible things happened to me, but just like I just didn't feel good. Life didn't feel like fun. And I remember talking to my friend being like, how do you feel. She's like kind of shitty, actually, like I feel like trash. And I was like, do you think our voodoo dolls have anything? To do with this since they're literally in the plastic bag being treated like trash, and so I took them out of there, and then I googled what to do with these voodoo dolls if you don't want to like take care of them, because like also the priestess was like, you have to water them, you have to like give them good affirmations. And sometimes the action you do to the voodoo doll correlates with what you want in your life. So it's like, if you want more money, you would put a penny in its stomach or something, okay, Or if you want more love or something, you would like put a flower in the heart space, or if you need help with like speaking or something, you would like do something with its mouth.
Speaker 2: It was all like your body correlating with this doll.
Speaker 3: So I was googling what to do with these dolls if you don't want to actively take care of them, and someone was like, wrap them up in a white towel and put sea salt on them just so they could be dormant and chill out for a minute. So I did that and like gently put them in a towel, put salt in them, put them in a drawer, and then someone else was like, yeah, I didn't do anything with my doll, and I got fired.
Speaker 1: It ruined my marriage.
Speaker 3: Like they like talked about how it just destroyed everything in their life, and they tried to send the doll back to the shop, but they weren't allowed to, and so then they did ask how to dismember it, and they like had to go to the woods and involved like submerging it in a creek and like taking it, taking it apart one by one. And I was like, I don't have time for that right now, but I will just leave it in a towel. And then when I saw my friend again, I gave her her doll because I was like, I don't want to be responsible for your life. And then yeah, and then I kept my doll and then I just I just took it out and like put it like in a very visible space. And also it's ugly. It's just like twigs bundled together and like felt pieces and button eyes. Like it looked scary and weird. It's not an attractive thing to have out for people to see. But I was like, she needs to be seen. She's angry. And then there was a moment where I was house hunting for a house in LA and I was like talking to all my witchy friends. I was like, please burn candles, do what you gotta do to help me get a house. And I found the house that I wanted, but like everyone else else wanted that house, like there was sixteen bids up for it, and I got the voodoo doll. And I was like, look, I didn't want to bother you, but I really want this house. If you have any pull, if there's any energy you have, please help me, help the universe get me this house. And I did get the house. So now this voodoo doll lives in an altar next to the door.
Speaker 1: Good. She deserved it.
Speaker 3: She deserves it. She has a comfy couch to sit on. It's like a tiny little felt couch.
Speaker 1: Stop. Yes, because I was.
Speaker 3: Like, you know what, I don't know if you helped or if there's other factors, but I did use you. I did actually ask for your help, and I have the house. So I'm gonna choose to believe that you had something to do with this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let her believe that too. Yes, I thought you were gonna say that you like went to like an open house and like hit her brought hit her in there because then she's in the house and.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, you know, and she's like, my owner has to come with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow. So I mean I think that you should just keep taking good care of that thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Occasional, I'll just like thank her for things.
Speaker 1: I would be given a massages, you know. Yeah, I should be giving her more staff, more water. Can I play you some ghost voices? Yeah, okay, it's time for EVP or ev pase. Have you ever heard the term EVP.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't.
Speaker 1: It stands for electronic voice phenomenal. Okay. It's basically like in ghost hunting, when people believe they've captured a ghost speaking, it could be any kind of audio recording, and people not unlike eBay, they go on YouTube, TikTok wherever, and they go, look at, guys, I have captured a ghost speaking. So I have found two examples of that, and I'm going to play them for you, and I would love if you could tell me what you hear. Then I'll give you a couple of options, the correct answer being what the ghost hunter believes the ghost is saying. Okay, So this first one was posted by STD Paranormal, New Jersey. I don't know what that stands for, but that is what their name is. And they recorded this in Clifton, New Jersey. What is this ghost saying? Oh, I'm not gonna lie. Not the best one I've ever heard. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know what was happening.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, wait, let me do it again. I can hear a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a difference between the static and something, but I can't really make out words.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll give you some options.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Was it A I need protection? Was it B I don't want to be a ghost? Was it C I'm right next to you? Or d oh oh oh Riley Okay, it's one of those. Let me play it again.
Speaker 2: Really feels like O'Riley.
Speaker 1: They believe it is a I need protection.
Speaker 2: Well, of course STD ghosts whatever would say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, standing next to that person, they probably do need protection.
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, now that we know that, let's listen again.
Speaker 2: Oh I do hear it now.
Speaker 1: I feel like I could trick my brain, yes into thinking that. But could I pull that out of thin air? No? No, STD, You've been tested and it did not go well. Okay. This next one is from Mia paranormal Okay, they love three letters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's huge.
Speaker 1: In the paranormal world. Or this might be Mia the recording artist. This was recorded at Stonewall Jail in what I believe to be Stonewall, Ontario, Canada. Okay, what is it saying? Now that one? I feel like I can actually hear a voice. Yeah, definitely, we played again, No, no, yeah, let me do it again. Hm hmmm, an he guesses.
Speaker 2: I feel like saying where is it? Or something? M? Do they lose something? Someone?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do they think it was a relevant? B? We're not kids? C what is it? Or d redder lip? Like you use a redder lip like I like your makeup, but but.
Speaker 2: Just a little a little more.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's one of those. Let me play it again.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say what is it?
Speaker 3: Because I already did think it was like asking a question like where is it?
Speaker 2: Or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean what is it? Yeah? That's what they think. I can kind of hear it. What is it?
Speaker 2: Are they being bothered or like?
Speaker 1: What is it? What is it? I'm a guy? What is it? Yeah? Let's do one last thing. I just want to hear some more of your thoughts. I'll just list off a bunch of supernatural paranormal phenomena and maybe you got a thought about it or maybe a story. You never know what comes up. Okay, what about psychics? Where are you at on that I'm into them?
Speaker 2: I actually just spoke to a psychic days ago.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was a animal communicator.
Speaker 3: Oh, because my current partner had to put her cat down, which is very sad.
Speaker 2: Oh, but before he was.
Speaker 3: Moving on, we wanted to speak to him and get his thoughts, see if he knows what's happening. And the communicator was really good and had very little information from us. We didn't say like really much at all, or like what was happening with a cat or anything. And she was like, yes, the cat is aware that like this is the last day and feels like very tired and ready and feels like he's had a really good life. He's lived a lot of life in the fourteen years he's been on this earth and hasn't liked everybody, but really likes his owner. And then he mentioned me, which is so sweet, as I was like, I don't this is not my cat. I've been around for a little bit, but that like is not my cat, so I wasn't expecting to get a shout out, but I did, and he was like, yeah, I really like you and I consider you family and we have a deep friendship.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was so sweet.
Speaker 3: And then the cat was like kind of like really sassy actually, And my partner was like, how do you feel about the dogs in the house, like your brothers, your the other dogs in your space?
Speaker 2: And he was like, I didn't think we needed them.
Speaker 3: I have some notes, Yeah they are allowed, and I really don't feel like I needed to be around them. And we were like, but like you enjoyed them, right, He's like, no comment, Like I was enough for three animals, My energy was enough for three pets.
Speaker 2: You really didn't need to have other pets in here.
Speaker 1: He's like, listen, this is my last day here. I don't need to start a bunch of drama. But let me just say they were not for me. No, not needed.
Speaker 3: But I guess they were fine if you wanted them, but I didn't need them.
Speaker 1: Where did you find this person, like from a recommendation or did you guys just say yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: One of my close friends uses a pet communicator regularly because she fosters dogs, and so she wants to know like what they went through and then what will make them comfortable and how are they getting along with the other dogs in the house. So she recommended this communicator, and yeah, she was really good.
Speaker 1: Have you been to human communicator psychics?
Speaker 2: I haven't yet. I mean, I guess I have been to a psychic.
Speaker 3: I guess I haven't been to like a medium or someone who can speak to a person, But yeah, I have been to a psychic. Actually, in New Orleans, there's this like named Philip who I see every time I go through there. I feel like every couple of years I see him and he's just like my uncle where I'm like, hey, I did this, and he's like I.
Speaker 1: Know, Like he's like I knew that already. Yep, He's like I did know that already. Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 3: The first time I saw him, he did like a palm reading and then a tario reading and kind of like predicted like my three month journey six months and then nine months, and he wrote it on a piece of paper and I took it and put it away somewhere, and then I think like a year later, looked back at it, and was like, oh wait, all these things happened and I can't remember all of them, but I know what one for sure. He was like, in six months, you will leave a father figure, or like you'll disconnect from a father figure. And I was like, I wonder what that means, because like my dad and I were not like close.
Speaker 2: But I was like, I don't think I'm going to cut him off.
Speaker 3: But I did fire my first manager within that time, who I had for like four years, and he was an older man and not that he was my father, but like he was like one of the first people in the business to be like you, like I'm gonna help you, and you're I think you're talented.
Speaker 2: And he did help me.
Speaker 3: But then there came a time where I felt like I needed to move on to someone else, and uh yeah. It was very interesting to be like, oh wow, that's what he meant, and that.
Speaker 1: Was like dead on damn. Yeah, he's very good at that stuff. This was a hearty answer. I thought I was just gonna get like, yeah, I believe in psychics. That was great, this is this is what we crave around here. Okay, I'll just ask like two more then, what do you think about UFOs.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I think they're definitely real, so does NASA, so does the Air Force.
Speaker 1: But do you think that they're aliens? Like, do you think that they are humanoid creatures?
Speaker 3: I don't know they're humanoid, but I do believe in aliens. Yeah, yeah, cause it's kind of silly to think that we are the only things that exist in this universe. Like, of course there's other beings and other planets that are existing and probably have been here and might be here right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did a UFO tour in Sedona, because of course that's what you do.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, here we go. We got more. I did that too. Yeah, was it with one lady?
Speaker 2: It was with one lady. I can't remember her name exactly.
Speaker 1: This might have been the same one I went on.
Speaker 3: Probably we went to like this parking lot and then like looked at the mountaintops.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have talked about this on the show before, and I've never talked to anyone that has been to this woman. Did she say that she's been abducted many times? Yes, I can't believe we have this in comment. Okay, tell me about your experience.
Speaker 2: Well, she gave us this, like really intense.
Speaker 1: Very expensive. Yeah, like night vision binoculars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and was explaining like this is what you look for if if you see a plane, that's what that is, or like the blinking lights probably a satellite or something, and then anything else moving in the sky is unidentified, it's a UFO. And there was tons, tons of them, Yeah, just flying all over the sky and then landing on this one mountain side. And she was like, yeah, sometimes they just like all land over there just to like commune and like hang out, check out what's going on in town. And I was like, I guess they're having an active night. There's like a lot of them just like hanging out over there on that mountain. It wasn't even just her. We ran into so many people who were like, oh, yeah, aliens, come here.
Speaker 2: I have been abducted. That's what happens here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like really active. When I went yeah, I want to say that woman is like I don't know if she says you'll see a UFO or your money back, but she's very confident that you will see UFOs. Yeah. I don't know enough about what's up there. So I'm like, Okay, this lady says it that it is, and I saw things. I didn't see any of them like landing on a mountain, but I saw them like start and stop and like go in different directions and like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like one of my friends is like telling me, now, there's absolutely no way that's some like Elon Musk situation up there and it's not like an actual UFO. Yeah, satellites and whatever. But then the lady told me that she would come on my podcast, and I called her, I texted her, I emailed her, and I'm convinced that she is up there. They took her and she is good to go. She's like, this is what I wanted the whole time.
Speaker 3: I feel like she, of all people, would be so excited to tell her story and everything she's learned about UFOs. So if she's not returning your calls, she has but taking up there.
Speaker 1: Okay, last one, what do you think of like synchronousities, like when things happen in life that are some would say a coincidence. Do you think that it's a coincidence? Do you read into it?
Speaker 3: I feel like it's like the universe or like things that were supposed to happen that way. Yeah, I don't really think things are just like WHOA crazy. I can't believe that happened like that. It's like, I think it was meant to happen that way, Like there's already there's already been a thing decided that this will be how this plays out. So I guess fate or something or destiny. It feels like those moments don't feel like a coincidence to me. It feels like, oh, this is what was written.
Speaker 1: I like that. I agree with you on that. I was just thinking, now, listen, you've done a bajillion things in your career, but of course around certain I'm alive. Yeah. Is thirty Rock haunted?
Speaker 3: Oh that's a really good question. I would believe it if someone said it was. I have never seen or heard any activity that felt like paranormal.
Speaker 1: But it's the old building. It feels like it would be haunted. Yeah, it's like it feels like the kind of place where people would have stories. Yeah, but I don't know that I've ever heard any I don't.
Speaker 3: Think I have either, But I would not be surprised because like so much of it's untouched, so much of it's like the same carpet like the same, the same windows like.
Speaker 2: It's just like feels like a very storied space.
Speaker 3: So I would not be surprised, but I personally haven't experienced anything there.
Speaker 1: Well, Sasure, this has been truly magical. Yes, I did not know that you were going to have this many stories.
Speaker 3: Honestly I didn't either, but I feel like I surprised myself where I'm like, oh, yeah, I guess I do have a lot of thoughts about this or I have experienced this.
Speaker 1: It's great. This is an ideal guest situation here. Can you tell people where to find you and what you got going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all my socials, my Instagram, Twitter is at the Sheer Truth, and I have a stand up special that I put out. It's on YouTube. It's called The First Woman. And if you like magic paranormal stuff, I have a whole section about witches.
Speaker 2: In there that's really fun.
Speaker 1: Woo. Yeah, we got a lot of witch listeners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you will love my special. Go watch it.
Speaker 3: And I'm a podcast with a Nicole Buyer called best Friends that comes out every Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Well, thanks so much for doing this.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's my pleasure. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Take good care of your voodoo doll.
Speaker 2: I will thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Sashier Zameto. What an episode.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt Meky bye. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Raz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at it's roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the Startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the Eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine Chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareff, the spooky Georgia Hart's Dark, and the frightening Daniel Kramer