Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Honda. When you test her out to all the Electric Prologue SUV, there's a lot that can impress you about it. There's the generous passenger space, the clean, thoughtful design, and the intuitive technology. But out of everything, what you really love most is that it's a Honda. Visit Honda dot com Slash EV two c offers.
Speaker 2: Welcome in, everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live. It's me Joey, p Jo, Pisa Pa with me is the Welsh, and of course it's all of you, the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks here on our twitch Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros. That's where you can watch us live. And remember every month they gotta resub up so you can stay with us here live every Monday through Friday noon Eastern time. The NFL Draft took a lot out of me this weekend. I had a tournament game to coach. I had rec league starting for football to coach. Welsh had his dance competitions, which, by the way, his feet are killing him. It's been a wild weekend. I'm almost looking forward to just getting back in the groove of just doing shows, Welsh, I gotta tell you.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. I'm one hundred percent with you. Gone out of town. I feel discombobulated trying to figure out baseball. We're gonna also talk about it, like I was able to escape for a tiny bit from the dance competitions to give everybody some baseball news. But I'm ready for a normal week. I'm ready for home run calls. I'm ready for the peanuts and cracker jacks, and I'm ready for everything else in between. Let's get back to normal.
Speaker 2: Please Friday. By the way, that video that Michael Cawie put together with your your Salvo and Garret Crochet back at Mayor was pretty spectacular. It was pretty awesome. Look at me watch.
Speaker 3: I watched it live, by the way, I was at the hotel for the competition and I watched it live, and I definitely I was smiling like a big stupid idiot in the middle of everybody, just having the best time.
Speaker 2: So well done, b Wallace, morning everyone, first time viewer normally on YouTube. Want to have kind of speed guy, Uh, the Fellas sound a little more like a normal, like non know, sedative kind of thing. Yeah, I think that's we're gonna be a little bit more not quite. I mean, we could do one and a half speed, but I don't. I just don't have it in me today. I gotta be honest. It's a long weekend of doing stuff.
Speaker 3: I've been pretty on the record about this. I am massively anti speeding up podcasts. I know some people want it. I can't do it. Hey, I want to, like, I want to like get through. I like listening to people normally, and I invest my like people like I gotta get through multiple podcasts. There's no chance I'm listening to something at one point five or you two psychopaths. It is straight clear audio. I'm also an audio file. You guys are crazy.
Speaker 2: You guys are all right. Let's get to the news because there's a lot. We got to start with the big news over the weekend, which is Logan Gilbert heads to the fifteen day IL with a right elbow flex or strain, so he had an MRI. They revealed the strain after leaving Friday's game. He's gonna be out of action for at least a couple of weeks. Now, typically you know it's gonna be longer than that. This is a minimum kind of situation I think we're dealing with here. So Logan Evans could be a guy Emerson Hancock, a guy who's gonna stick I think in that rotation for a while longer. He had a pretty good recent start. So this is really tough here for the Mariners because they don't have a lot of margin for error. This is a team that is built around that pitching staff. The offense is still okay at best at times, and for fantasy managers, it costs you a very high pick. And here we go again, a very high pick where you miss out on your offense and now you have the pitcher who is on the il. So recommendations first of all for filling that gap for Logan Gilbert, which is impossible because you can't replace him. But what do you think the Mariners are going to do to replace him? And in the meantime, what are you trying to look at long term in terms of how long you think Gilbert is going to be out and if we're gonna see him again this year.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna see him again this year. But you know what, like that's me being a little Pollyanna optimistic, because you know, the stuff with Blake Snell doesn't look good, and we're getting we're already here, guys. It's not even May first, and we're already into like stacking up big pitcher injuries that have like full season ramifications. I think the Mayriorn I think Logan Evans is the guy that they're gonna go with. The big pitch mix, six different pitches that he throws. He's not a big strikeout guy. Had some walk problems in this one, but induced a lot of like weak contact. Guys were not able to pull the ball on him on that first start, and I think that's I think they're gonna work off of that. So I think Logan Evans is going to be the Mariner's replacement. But to your point, I think, in most like in a ten man league, it sucks, but like there are guys out there. You know, Casey Moras is probably still out there in a twelve and fifteen team league. I'm not sure that there's anybody that you can put your hat on. I will tell you this, the guy that we're going to talk about in the prospecting with the Welshin a little bit is probably the best high end option pitcher of availability out there you're probably better streaming right now. We got a lot of things we do here on this show and on the cycle, with some of our videos on the YouTube channel you guys should watch for streaming. That's probably gonna be your best option to replace anything close to something like Logan Gilbert, because I don't think there's anybody else out there that is floating around. And we're already a little past Joey the really aggressive pictures that we were able to get in the waivers over the last short weeks. We're like a stalling period of guys available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're waiting for more injuries to hit when more guys coming back. Wasn't the only picture, by the way, Logan Gilbert who got hurt this weekend. Tyler Glass now shoulder issue was pulled from Sunday start one inning to come from the shoulder, So Welsh, here we go again. Tyler Glass now always an issue. His frustrations were palpable, There's no doubt about that. You could tell he was very frustrated after the game. I guess he's trying to make adjustments to stay healthier, and these adjustments he's making to stay healthier or leading to injuries or so he's saying, So I don't know, Welsh, I know this that last year I had Glass now want a keeper league situation, and I dealt him myself. I can't do this anymore. I'm out. I can't do it. I just it's it's constantly just bang your head against the wall. It's the same thing every single season with this guy. An enormous talent. When he's on the field, he's so good, but at the same time, he's just not making enough starts every single year, and he's killing you because you put him in weekly lineups and the next thing you know, he's not making this starts and then he's missing significant periods of time. So Glass, now, let me put it to you this way. Reed draft leagues already know it's going to be another, you know, year of peaks and valleys. You hope at least you get some peaks this year, But what about long term keeper value right now?
Speaker 3: Of Glass now, I think there's got to be bigger questions to it. He's kind of a kryptonide guy for me, you know, massively talented, but they've got that injury marker that's kind of tied over them. I will say, though, things have looked weird this year. You know, you were mentioning his frustration. He's been pretty outwardly about when they change the grip, when they got rid of some of the grip stuff and you know, letting them manipulate grips, that that helped injuries, That helped Pictures avoid some injury, and now that they're you know, they're having to press onto the ball harder, that that was going to lead to more injuries. So you know, he's a pretty like vocally open guy about it. But this year, strikeouts were down, a walks were way up. He was giving up a ton of crazy contact, and maybe that was just the beginning workings of the injury that's going on. But yeah, I think I think this is a really good stark reminder of, like, you know, Dynasty value does have to come back quite a few notches. I got a Dynasty update coming this week, not only on my Patreon, but here on Fantasy Pros you guys can check out. And he's going to have to take a nice little dip because as great and talented as he is, he's an older pitcher. He keeps stacking on the injuries. That's the thing I do sometimes I'm like, oh, right, yes, they've got injured, but can they do it this year? There's only so many times we can be fooled until we've got to kind of take a step back. Plus the talent and the overall stuff kind of backtrack a tiny bit this year. So I think he's on. I don't want to call it a free fall, but it's a pretty big fall.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it might be. Let's take a question here from Elciba Cruz. I got two of these spots at my roster plus Glass and I'm on the I L. Strider and Logan Gilbert as well. Wow, what a theoretical pitching staff that would have been. I wonder if I should get rid of Glass now for any of them the Waiver wire pictures Myz, Robbie, Ray Cantana, Joe Ryan or even Tyler McGill. Now I know McGill was great. Uh, Joe Ryan had a big performance. We'll mention that later in the show. Uh, and pick up another picture on the top of that. Also, I have Dylan More, Nico Horner, and Gavin Lux for Andres Jmenez thoughts. Let's your thoughts on that deal first, and then we'll go backtrack to the pictures, Dylan Moore, Nico and Gavin Lucks for Andre Semenez. What's that doing.
Speaker 3: I would take Dylan Moore Nico. Oh so, wait is it one of them? It's more Horner or Luck.
Speaker 2: Horner or Gavin Lux and Dylan Moore for Jimenez.
Speaker 3: I would give up Lucks for Jimenez pretty easy, Lux and more for Jimenez.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dylan Moore, maybe they're kind of like one and the same. Maybe not Nico. I think that's relatively even, you know, on the on the glass now thing in a redraft, I think you probably could make the move off of it. And I think it's easily Joe Ryan. Like, if Joe Ryan is just sitting out there available, he was giving some barreled contact, but he's not walking low three era. I mean, like he's's kind of a wizard. His velo is down this year, but he's still getting some solid results. I would make that move right now. If Ryan's sitting out there, that's not everybody gets that type of an option. That's great.
Speaker 2: Turning our attention to the bullpen, the Yankees don't have a closer right now, or at least it's Luke Weaver, at least at the time being, because Devin Williams he is not going to be closing for the New York Yankees, at least not for a little while. They've removed him from the closer role. So Luke Weaver, who's pitched very well this year. This was the big acquisition in the offseason, though, Welsh, this is what you wanted, right You wanted to bring in the big elgue closer because you figured you can't get that same production you got last year out of Luke Weaver at the end of the year. Clay Holmes struggled in the role last year for the Yankees, and Devin Williams, who once upon a time was as good as he gets, that transition to New York has not been good. So do you think it's physical? Do you think it's mental? Do you think it's a bit about.
Speaker 3: I think it's a bit of both. It's all good ways to put it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I was just it's really like honing in and peeking and seeing, like, what what's different about him? Right now? He was I mean, he wasn't doing it a lot, but he was throwing like a little bit of a cutter or I mean really really minimally he threw last year, and I wonder if that would potentially help usage percentages around the same the content and also like spin rates are roughly the same, but it's getting way less whiffs. It's getting hit across the board one eleven batting average against his four seam last year, two seventy three this year, change up one sixty two, the airbender for sixty two this year, and there are some stuff differences when you look at it, like the induced movement has gone down on the change up, so he's getting a little bit more horizontal break. But I think let's leading to more walks and it's just getting not as much movement, which clearly looks like I mean, with rates and hits and people are seeing it better. That ballpark doesn't really help. I look at all this and it's like there's nothing in the profile outside of track record that makes you feel good. Expected era is almost seven, walks are at fifteen barrels up. Everything is really really bad, but we have track record. The problem. Luke Weaver has been unhittable. He has been amazing, and he was actually like one of those guys as soon as Devin Williams got drafted, We're like, throw that out, throw it like the best policy. It took Luke Weaver because he was amazing. I don't know if Luke Weaver can take the job and never let it go because of the value and the history of Devin Williams. But I also think there's a real chance that this could be much longer than we're expecting, Like it's this might take a while for Devin Williams to kind of find his feet, and there's just a lot of weirdness with it, and Luke Weaver is so good. I'm a little like I you are better about this than jumping on these bigger situations than I am, especially with big track record, Like I'm not worried about class A like you were worried about glass A. I'm worried about Devin Williams right now because I think Luke Weaver is going to make it very difficult to let go of this job right now. But I don't know what you do with Devin Williams if you have him, I don't think you should trade like what you would you possibly trade for him? If he hits the wire. I would pick him up because he is so good, but it is a really bad quandary for people. And I saw in the chat you guys that hate closers early, you're very vindicated. I've never been a big Top three or four closer guy. I mean, I sold you guys all on Andres Munos and that is working out fantastic. But the class as and the Devin Williams and don't look good right now.
Speaker 2: No, they do not. And I agree with you in this sense. I don't think it's gonna be days. I think it's gonna be more like weeks that he is going to be staying away from that role. So more to come we'll see maybe just a little breather from that, and we'll keep our eyes on it. But you know, maybe Devin Williams could use a bit of a pick me up. You know, maybe I'm thinking perhaps, you know, he's had some rough outings in the bullpen. Something feels off, you know, maybe his recovery in between his appearances hasn't white. We're been worth supposed to be in terms of performance. They could be signs of low testosterum, a condition affecting about thirty percent of adult men in America, and Kaisa trex is an FDA approved testosteral replacement therapy designed for men, possibly like you or maybe Devin Williams. I don't know. I'm just speculating here. It's not an injection, it's not a jail. It's a twice daily pill that fits seamlessly into your active lifestyle, helping restore your testosterone to optimal levels. So don't let low t hold you back. Visit chisatrex dot com to learn more and find a provider near you who can help you get started. That's kaisatrex dot com. Kyza t r ex dot com now is by prescription only. Kisatrucs is controlled substance that can be a target of abuse. Constatrucs is not for the use of pregnant women or men with prostate or breast cancer. Safety and efficacy in those younger than eighteen. He's not known, who knows, Nobody knows. Tell your doctor about all the medical conditions and medicins that you're taking currently. Serious side effects do include increased blood pressor which I have right now doing this read, worsening prostate symptoms which I might also have during this read, increased risk of prosta cans or blood clots, legs and lungs, potentially decreased perm count, liver problems in larger painful breasts, and breathing problems while you sleep. But common side effects, just the common ones. Smelling of the ankle's feed er, body, increase, red blood cell count, and increase in prostate specific anthis you r PSA levels. PSA is a test. Did you know this? Welsh? It's a test to detect prostate cancer. It's important should know this and you should go get checked out. Everybody should do this. Report these symptoms to your doctor and call your doctor day. To learn more about Kasa Trecks. For questions and more information, visit kisatrrecks dot com or call one eight three three nine four nine five zero four zero kinds of trucks for Devin Williams, All right, what what.
Speaker 3: Now, Isaia?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 3: I don't know that was me or you? But it was right on your life and it was right at the very end.
Speaker 2: No, No, we're good, young mage. Are we selling high on torquo sitting? Yes? I got Christian Walker for him this morning. Hey, let's go. Yes, I did a lot of people asking about Ramirez too. Is the catcher for legit, I've got William Contreras. Can I move on from him? I would be holding Contreras. Sometimes these guys come up and have big impacts. I like Ramirez. We've talked about him a lot on the show. I think if you have him, you're very excited. He went for a lot in my home league this week. I'm so frustrated because I could have been ahead of the curve. I just did not think he was getting called up. He got called up on Monday, so I had to wait seven days and he's been so good. But well, I would say legit, But like every young player, they're going to be struggles eventually, so just understand that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not going to hit eight hundred breaking news like he's gonna and he has some swing and miss in his game. He has some contact issues. I think he was hitting like two point fifty before he got called up, so he's going to come back down to earth a little bit. But the power is real. This is what I tried to sell everybody on, like it is consistent, strong, hard hit average GV max CV type of guy. I think he's a top fifteen catcher right now. And it is a perfect example of like Wilster coatres with the struggles versus Ramirez. I'm not gonna let go of a guy like Contreras, especially you know who's gonna be playing first base. But I gets it, and if you can hold I would Ramirez right now, that would be great. But I'm not cutting like big catching assets.
Speaker 2: For him Langoliers or Ramiro's rest of season.
Speaker 3: I might I actually might cut, Like Langlar's ballpark is going to be so pretty, especially in the summer, that those guys might have similarities. I'm probably wanting Langoliers, but if if Ramirez is still on the wire, maybe you could just cut him, pick Upramires for a little bit, and then bring Langoliars back if Ramira starts struggling.
Speaker 2: Rest of season. Weaver a Chapman. That's really interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm gonna go with Chapman, But if Weaver, this is my caveat here have it both ways. If we were to were to be the close of the rest of the season, Weaver hand.
Speaker 2: So here's another one. Two thirty four year old row Muto contract year is killing me. Well, look, he's one of my biggest fads coming into the year. We're just watching the shows. Then would you jump ship for Murphy or Alvarez? Yes, yes, one hundred percent for Alvarez. I'm an Alvarez guy. I well believer.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: All right, more news and notes and then we're gonna get some prospect stuff here. Kitel Marte friends with the Welsh. He went out and saw extenders bring trading. They went out for tacos afterwards. It was a good time. Two homers, Juhino suarezaid, hold my beer. He had four homers on Saturday in a game unbelievable Jack Lighter. He came back. But which Jack did we get? Welsh? We got the one who walked for and three to third. Now I know people are going to say, well, he's coming back from the il and and all these excuses, And here we go again making excuses for Jack Glider. We at a couple of good starts and everybody told me I had to eat it, and I said, how many starts six? Give me six in a row and then I'll believe it. So we're back at square one. We've gone back to zero Welsh. Any thoughts quickly on the Jack Lighter start? For me yesterday it was no boy.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, quite a few things I actually need to do here. First, I want to shout out our boy Braction just raided the channel here so people can rate in so you know, three hundred plus in here. Shout out to Braxon for rating the channel. We love you, We love you, brother and all the new people hanging with us also completely blowing through my Katel Marte stuff. Just want to throw out Katl Marte is with the team now that one game he played in extended spring training. Go to my Twitter right now. Well maybe after the show. Hit two homers in the game that I was watching, beautiful looks ready, ran the bases, played the field, and he's going to be back this week. He's going to be playing with Philly. So got to share that with you guys this week and go check out those homers to make you feel good. And then on the Jack Glider thing, Jack Glider is going to be okay. You're an anti jack Lider guy. I think Lighter is We're gonna be okay with the stuff. I'm still on the strikeouts, Kumar is out, Lighter is in. That's where I'm sitting.
Speaker 4: Baby, Ryan Reynolds here for Midmobile. I don't know if you knew this, but anyone can get the same premium wireless for fifteen dollars a month planned that I've been enjoying. It's not just for celebrities. So do like I did and have one of your assistants assistants and switch you to mid Mobile today. I'm told it's super easy to do. At midmobile dot com.
Speaker 5: Slash switch upfront paymental forty five dollars for three month plan equivalent to fifteen dollars per month required intro rate first three months only than full price plan options available, taxes and fees, extra FEEFL terms at mintmobile dot com.
Speaker 6: Make your next move with American Express Business Platinum. Earn five times membership rewards points on flights and prefet hotels booked on amextravel dot com and with a welcome offer of one hundred and fifty thousand points. After you spend twenty thousand dollars on purchases on the card within your first three months of membership, your business can sore to new heights term supply. Learn more at AmericanExpress dot com. Slash Business dash Platinum MS Business Platinum built for business by American Express.
Speaker 4: It's the Smuckers Uncrustables Podcast with your host Uncrustables. Okay, today's guest is Rough around the Edges.
Speaker 3: Please welcome Crust. Thanks for having me today's topic. He's round with soft pillowy bread, Hey with delicious peeb and Jay? Are you talking about yourself? And you can take him anywhere? Why do you invite and we are out of time? Are you really cutting me off? Un Crustables are the best part of the sandwich. Sorry, Crust All.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, you know, I just think he's a neppo baby, was overrated, that's it. Maybe he's the Shador Sanders of the Major League baseball scene. I don't know. I'm just saying what.
Speaker 3: I's definitely not the Shador Sanders. Jack Lighter didn't go into the fifth round.
Speaker 2: I know, maybe he should have been humbled. Maybe I don't know. Jordan Alvarez two or four with a walk, so he started to turn things around. That's good news. So a home or three ribbies for him, that is good. And Ramirez Augustine Ramirez two for five a Parasol Diggers on Sunday, so things are going well. But unfortunately the Marlins lost anyway, which brings us to one of our favorite segments we do every single Monday. It's time for prospecting with the Welsh. That's been our good friend. The coach goes and tells you about some of the prospects major League Baseball and gonna make some impacts for you on your fantasy team sooner than later. And Welsh one of these guys you're gonna talk about in Tampa two weeks ago, I did a full segment on So I'm very glad that you are coming around on this player. Two plus, we've got the Big Prospect Watch. We're on last week, we're on Nick Kurt's watch. This week it's Bubba Watch. I think we need we are on order theme there, Yeah, dundundn there it is dun Duba Watch.
Speaker 3: We are officially on Bubba Chandler Watch. After five starts, we've it's kind of been a story we've been telling over the last couple of weeks. I've been building you guys up to what I thought. The last start I told you was the could go either way start. Maybe if they really wanted to push something, he'd come up. I kind of think on how things were going, he was going to get that start. So I am saying is like, I really think his next start should be in the majors, which would line him up for this week, but we do not have that information. We'll see, but that's why we're on Bubba Watch. One point three to three ERA over five starts. He has a point six four whip right now, and I've really liked the pitch mixed changes we've seen. I think it was a start to go. We saw the change up usage go way up. It was like in the twenty percentages over the slider that was versus the first start, which it was like first couple starts with fastball slider, fastball slider. Then this last start where I believe he gave up one hit walk. He did hit two batters but walk none. Four strikeouts. We saw the curveball go up more and the change up, so he was a real true four pitch mix. He's healthy, he looks good. We're officially on Bubba Chandler Watch. I would pick him up this week if he is floating in your leagues, because he's going to be a top wire guy. And look what happened with Nick Kurtz. Nick Kurtz, he came up on a Tuesday and everyone had to wait a whole week for fab Get him now if you have the ability, because it should be this start or at worse next week. No more wasted bullets. Bubba Chandler watch has officially begun.
Speaker 2: Good times there. Hopefully things continue to go in the right direction for the pirates. God forbid, go get some offense soon. Uh. Anyway, let's talk about Roman Anthony because he has absolutely been on fire as well last fifteen days. The ops is through the roof. He is really knocking at the door. So the problem is the Red Sox is gonna start letting him in Welsh that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. And that's he's the trickiest of the trickies right now with Roman Anthony, because I think I have an article coming up this week if you guys want to check it out on Fantasy pros of the five prospects of Stash and five that are deeper, and I wrote in this April tenth Roman Anthony had a one sixty seven, one seventy eight average something around there. As of today it's over three hundred. He's hitting three thirteen, so he has really figured out the level, which is fantastic. Strikeouts seem to be going away the bat is flying, he's hitting homers, he's doing all the things he's got to do well. Where does he play? And that's the mystery of all of that. And I think it's even a little bit wonkier because Christian Campbell kind of stinks at second base. So if they were to make a I think the most likely, but he's hitting too well. The likely situation would be Campbell to the outfield and Marcelo Mayor would come in and play like a second base. And that's not even more Mundy's the water for Roman Anthony. So can they figure it out? Like, sure they can, but William is too good. Campbell could be in the outfield. Obviously, you have Doran and Duran and then Devers is locked into the DH spot. I really don't know where he is, but he is the top hitting prospect that is sitting out there in the wings. If you have the stomach to store him, you should because he'll be a top full on waiver wire guy. But there is no like perceivable timetable for what it is. But he's hitting really well, and I think he could come up at any time if someone were to get injured. Yeah, I didn't even say Rafaela. There's just so many guys that are out there. I don't know how they get him in.
Speaker 2: I stashed Mayor in my home league over the weekend. Not Mike Mayor, Marcelo Mayor, because nobody wants to stash Mike Mayor, but I did for the very reason to another guy who's tearing it up the last two weeks. And I almost feel like his half, because of Campbell's been a little flat lately, could be easier or maybe, you know, because Campbell does have that position in flexibility where you can move them all over, give some guys some breaks, all that stuff. It's gonna be a very complicated situation, but eventually it's gonna work out. Eventually. He can't keep him down too much longer. We'll probably going to get him by Memorial Day, if not sooner. Let's talk about Kate Horton, Chicago Cubs prospect here who right now currently is sitting on a triple ara of one to six overs first, seventeen hightnings, twenty three strikeowns now. He does have eleven walks. That's a bit of a problem. That walk rate is far too high. Is he a legitimate option here to help the Chicago Cubs rotation or is this maybe pushing a kid a little too far, a little too fast, and could it stunt his growth.
Speaker 3: The only thing that's pushing him too far is the miss time. He's had just like a lot of injuries as of recent but he used to be one of the top prospects out there. His fastball velo is back, I want to say, last year it was round, like the ninety four range. It's up at ninety six. The command is a little bit shaky right now, but they're stretching up the innings. The strikeouts can be there with the pitch mix. The fastball is back up, and you know, Colin Ray has been great, surprisingly, but Ben Brown has not been Ben Brown in that rotation has got like a six y R. So I think they could make a move soon. Because Kate Horton has been outside of the walks, has been like absolutely dominant in the minors, So I think, you know, he's not like a muss must go and run and pick up, but he is potential streamer that could stay into that rotation. I think we need to pay attention to him. He's in between that gap of when we talked about JT. Genn On this episode on the show, and and Bubba Chandler like, he's in the middle ground here where if you're in a deeper league and you could stash him. I do think he gets an opportunity soon.
Speaker 2: Next up on the list, staying with the Chicago Cubs, let's talk about a catching.
Speaker 3: Prospect, Moist's Ballassteros. As I write in the article, it's hard for a team to hold down a prospect that's hitting over four hundred, especially a catcher. So how long can you do it? The Cubs are currently testing it because Moises Ballisteros is one of the hottest hitters out there. He's hitting over four hundred, pretty good behind the plate as well. Could be another jolt for that offense they've made, because made some weird moves here or there that I think we should get him up. The only problem is, like how many young catchers do they want to bring up at Ballistero's physically maybe like a little bit behind from an athletic standpoint, but it is a huge, live bat hitting over four hundred in Triple A, and I think in two catcher leagues, if he is called up, you should pick him up. Immediately, and he might put himself in a Augustine Ramirez type of range in like a fifteen team eligible if he if and when he gets called up. So pay attention to Moys's balisteros.
Speaker 2: Now, the guy that I'm really excited about is Ian Seymour. That's the Tampa Bay starting pitcher. Twenty five innings so far, two four nine era A, one point one eight whip, thirty five strikeouts and twenty five innings just seven walks. This is one that I think we got to start pressing here a little bit. I talked about him a couple of weeks ago because he came out of the gates hot and he has still been read hot Welsh.
Speaker 3: He was in my oracle last two weeks ago, so I do it every two weeks. If you guys want to check it out, I've got the five and then guys, you just pay attention to Ian Seymour was there. He is back again and it's like you said, he's been dominant. The negative is that rotation is really full with the rays and we also saw like Joe Boyle come up, so he wasn't the first guy. The positive is Ian Seymour right now has I believe he is either the leader or top one or two in Triple A for K minus walk percentage and swinging strike rate and strikeouts like he has been a strikeout monster and you really want to pay attention to like swinging strike rate and K minus walk percentage as well. But his K percentage is like, you know, thirty five percent some crazy number. Swinging strike rate is the best. I think in Triple A that if he gets an opportunity, the Rays they do their voodoo magic. Sometimes He's a guy that is on no radars. Deeper league should pay attention to. It's just like, how does he get there based on this rotation injuries? Well, probably put him on the on the docket, but put a little pin and a watch list on Ian Seymour.
Speaker 2: All Right, everybody that's prospecting with the Welsh, remember you can always go to fansypros dot com to read more about the prospects that Welsh is looking at. And of course, don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros m LB for more great fantasy baseball content. All right, let's get to Braction. Thanks for the raid, Braction helping us out getting a lot of people watching live, So braction's in a tough spot, very active twelve person league here and looking for sp sleepers to scoop up.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I mentioned Emerson Hancock earlier with the Seattle Mariners. Obviously some rotation spots between Kirby and Gilbert have opened up. You mentioned Logan Evans looking.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, is that Joey?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 3: Whoa?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 2: Who the raid broke in? I thought it was just me freezing like aways, but I guess it was all everything happened there. Anyway, let's go back to the question for a moment. So the question is looking for some sp sleepers to scoop up off the waver wire. Logan Evans, Everson Hancock. Those are two that come to mind very quickly. Others looking around there. I assume in this league, the way they're discussing it, that Griffin Canning is already way gone, Irvin coming off a really good start this weekend. Abbott is still sixty percent rostered, so I would have thought that would have been more by now Welsh, any other names you could think of. Here's another one too, I would throw out there. We're gonna talk about it later. If uri Perez is still out there. He's actually starting to throw already. He looks like he is well.
Speaker 3: In rehab schedulement, not just throwing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rehab assignment. Actually what I have in the notes there, so that time table's moved up a lot. That's a guy that I would pick up immediately in stash Seymour another guy we just discussed Welsh. Any hidden gems on that waver wire and pitchers that maybe in a deeper league someone could pick up and get along with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if like Resoulsen is still out there. There's some low percentages and combined ESPN, Yahoo, it's like just over twenty percent.
Speaker 2: Bias Myers too, just a thirty nine per on CBS. I'm looking that's another name too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one, Tyler Anderson. I mean those guys are like semi productive, but they just got like low ownership percentages. Those would be two I would be I would be looking at right now. And Bubba Chandler. But if you have a super active league and you want to get ahead of the curve, Bubba Chandler should be up. So braction that would be a big one. I would look at. If people have been letting him sit by because it is super active league and maybe people don't want to have that bench spot taken down. I would pick him up this week if that call happens, So go and take a look at him. And he also said Irvin and Abbot out of the group you mentioned, I like Irvin as well players, so it's clearly on waivers holding Bubba at the moment he is holding Bubba Abbot. I really like Abbott in that one with the strikeout. So that's those are those are good ones.
Speaker 2: It's time for our favorite segment, accountabill of Buddies, where we hold ourselves accountable for our takes. We had a big argument the other day about Kevin Gosman and Tommy Edmond and they both suck. Kevin Goslin was getting really squeezed in that and he was not happy. He got ejected from the game and then he fell down the stage after he got ejected out. If you saw that, it was like the very tear. Oh yeah, he's in the dugout and he's just screaming at the empire. He's walking down the dugout screaming at the empire and then falls down the disappears down the stairs. So he's all right, It's just funny. It was like that book, The Terrible, Horrible, No Good Day. That's what Kevin Gosman had. But Tommy Edmond is sitting a buck fifty eight since that conversation that we had about Tommy Edmonds. So I just want to throw that out there. And Kyrin Paris, who didn't start Friday or Saturday, while he started Sunday and he went another for oh for three, two strikeouts. He is now over his last twenty four. So I hate to say I told you so, but that'd be a lie. I love saying it. Let's get all right, Let's get to the next part of our show, the three up and the three Down. We have Aaron Judge, eighth holmer of the season. Scooba was brilliant eleven strikeouts and Joe Ryan eleven strikeouts over the weekend as well. On Sunday the Downs, Max Meyer, who had been riding high, gave up four walks, gave up five runs, five hits and four innings. Not the best start for him. Jeffry Springs, this one hurts, Welsh. I know you love Springs seven runs, five earned, four strikeouts and it was against the White Sox, Like, it's not a good lineup, so I can imagine him getting dropped to the waiver wire everywhere. The names we just mentioned all viable in this circumstance. And then Randy Vasquez just four and two thirds innings. When does he get bumped from this rotation? Because this Padres team is for real and if so, who would be the replacement in that rotation?
Speaker 3: Well, it's when they have a guy. The problem is, it's a great question, like when will they move off of him? Well, guess what, They're all the guys are here. They have it. They almost have a major league lineup that they could run out on the il that are not playing in games that are out here in Arizona. You've got you Darvish, You've got Muscrove, You've got Mount Waldron that is out here. Johnny Brido is out here. I mean, all of the depth in the minor leagues is hurt and out here in Arizona, Darvish is still quite a bit of ways. By the way, they also have the Colonel work, Luis Rance, Jackson, Merrill Lockridge. Like they're all hurt, So when does he get bumped? When they find some depth. They unfortunate and we also traded away. It's funny Adam Adam Maser, not the CBS guy, but the pitcher he is with the Marlins. They traded Adam Aser. Yeah, Adam Amazer he is. He's really good right now. With the Marlins. He would have been a guy they would put in depth. Robbie Snelling, who they traded, who is looking phenomenal again, that would have been a guy. They traded away all of their great young depths. So he's going to be stuck in there until you get one of these guys like Darvish coming back. So hopefully we get any of them relatively soon, or they're going to have to make some depth trades. Padres loved him.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe Bubba or Zebby. Who do you want Bubba?
Speaker 3: Okay, Bubba, He's gonna be up before Zebby at this point.
Speaker 2: Agreed, David. Question here, Michael Harris, I traded for Cole Reagan's and head to head. Yeah, real good trade. I'm all for that one. Love that because he's all healthy. That's all you need there. All right, let's get to the injuries. Ranger Swarez seventy eight pitches, fourth minor league rehab start. We expect him back this week, probably Friday is what they're targeting for him. Clayton Kershaw, maybe Saturday, Clayton Kershaw, the toe, knee, all that stuff. The Old Age made another minor likee rehabits start, so he's gonna be starting Tuesday and Sunday. Jackson Merrill. Finally, you know, I was just well this morning. I got up and I got Meryl on the teams, like, when are we gonna hear anything about Jackson Merril? It's been radio silence. Finally some news took BP on Sunday at Petco Park. That's a good sign. And then, as I mentioned, Uri Perez and Welsh said, the rehab start for High A Jupiter on Saturday just happened through scorel sitting too strikeouts. So I couldn't believe we got there this quickly for rehab starts. So if he already made a rehab start Saturday, it's gonna be a much longer ramp up because he's a younger player. Right, So let's see. Let's let's look ahead, shall we Welsh over under May twenty first, seeing Uri Perez in the rotation.
Speaker 3: Over, I think it's gonna be after that.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: I think you're looking at like at least five starts in the miners, like this is his spring training, so spring training, maybe some guys only do two or three. So yeah, give me. I mean, I guess that's twenty more. I mean, I guess it pushes it closely.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm gonna say. That's twenty one days plus the rest of this week starts.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say he starts after that, though, I think maybe they push one more start or the call up is in between that period, So I think the over is the play here.
Speaker 2: All right, very good, but good news. We love good news. You know what else? We like good bets. It's time everybody for the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh And remember everybody, Betting Pros free trial is still available. Use the promo code leading off. Download the Betting Pros app. Use the promo code leading off. You get seven days free of the best tools in the nation. So the tools are out there free, but the premium tools those are the best ones, and you get all of them for seven days for free. Check him out right now. Use that promo code leading off when you do. Also, let's talk about my bets here for the New York Yankees today on the road, minus one eighteen against the Orioles. They stink. Orioles pitching staff is terrible, worse than baseball still in the era. So give me the New York Yankees will warn on the mound. I think we can get enough out of them. And the Yankee bats looking pretty good over the weekend, I think that carries over quite a bit. Sagana on the mound, I don't have much faith in him. So give me the Yankees on the road for an upset. You get pretty good juice on here. Minus one eighteen. That's decent enough. You got some Atlanta Braves and Rockies. The total for this game is already ten and a half because Bryce Elder and Felder on the mound. Yikes, ten and a half is pushing that total. I want to go over it. I still think it can go over. But instead I'm just going to turn my attention to two players in that game, Matt Olsen to drive in a run at plus one hundred and Jordan Beck, who has also been on quite a hot streak, to score a run. Just score a run Jordan Beck. That's all you gotta do, plus one hundred for me. So those are my best bets for Monday. Welsh, what are yours?
Speaker 3: And Elder and Felder and Blaze and laser and laser laser. All right, so bets we are going Dustin May over five point five strikeouts. The last start wasn't super great, but Marlin's bottom five in the league in strikeouts per game in general, so Dustin May gets back on his horse. We're going with the strikeouts. One of the top prop plays on the Betting Pros cheat sheet. If you guys want to go and check it out over on Betting Pros, which I highly suggest you do, you can go download the app for free. You can peruse all the great stuff on the cheat sheet, and if you sign up for Premium, which you get a seven day free trial if you want to do it, you can get access to all the great information, the breakdowns, you get you know ev and you get odds percentage of all this great stuff. Here. One of the top plays of the day is Francisco Lindor total bases over, So I'm going to tail it. I like it. Lindor over one point five total bases, and I'm going to go Atlanta Atlanta run line one point five. As you mentioned, a high scoring game. Not that I think that Bryce Elder is very good, but I think Atlanta is going to stack up some runs. So we're gonna have Atlanta winning by two against the Rockies. So may strikeouts lind or total bases Atlanta run line, let's go.
Speaker 2: That's right, And we've also got a special deal going on too. If you go to fancaypros dot com slash leading off new customers there on FanDuel, you bet your five bucks, you get two hundred and fifty in bonus bets if that bet wins, So you can go ahead and get that one on there as well. Let's look at the home run board over the weekend. I got one from Santander. Yay, I'm up to four still nowhere near the leaderboard. Welsh out of the top ten, Curses Marty up to fourteen, Razor up to fourteen, Welsh on the second side of the board. Not great, So that's no fun. The Samy Sosa Jersey's going to the winner. I saw somebody ask earlier where do I go to make called run calls? You go to our discord Fantasypros dot Com slash chat. That's where you go and you go to the home run channel and if you are someone who is subbing here over a Twitch, you get access to that channel without being premium on FP. So go ahead and do it because it's good for you. That's why. Also I want to shout out someone joining us for the first time. Five is here, first time getting here when live loving the show? Guys usually listen on Spotify. Well, thanks, Five, I appreciate you hanging out with us live. I love when people check it out, hang out with us, get on the show. Here's a question from young Mage too. Thoughts on big homie Royce Lewis coming back from injury soon. Well, he's just gonna be back on injury again soon enough.
Speaker 3: Donald your breath. I mean, he'll come back, but you know.
Speaker 2: If he even makes it there, if he even makes it there anyway, over under over under thirty games for Royce.
Speaker 3: Lewis, I mean, I'll take I'm gonna go over but yeah.
Speaker 2: Jeez, yeah, And I'm usually pessimistic, but thirty's pretty low. All right, home run call for me? I keep going back and forth on mine, so I'm just I'm gonna go ahead and just stick with Matt Olson. I was gonna say Jan Soto against his old team, which means he'll probably hit a home run, But I'm gonna go with Matt Olson. Met's a terrible game. Mesteray too. Oh God, make it throw up in your mouth. Matt Olson plus two eighty five in Colorado. Let's go where you going for your home run call?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna join you in the same game. I'm just gonna go with Austin Riley. Austin Riley also, I mean, it's not like ironic, but it's just like you know, total bases. He's one of the top guys homers. He's further down on the list though. Over on FanDuel, it was almost four to one if you wanted to bet the home run call for Austin Riley. But I'm gonna go with Riley on the plus three ninety for a home run today. I don't even think I had a home run call for the last couple of days because I was out so giving you a little bit more traction to catch up. But I'm ready to jump back up that board, baby.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And don't look now though you know if I get another couple this week, next thing you know, I'm up to seven or eight. Next thing you know, there, I'm right there. I give everybody a head start. A great show today. Great to see everybody in the chat to huge number today too. Thanks for Bractionton bracton Brashton by saying laser teaser, no brack, Braction beat.
Speaker 3: And people don't know on twitch like Raction obviously is a streamer you can go into action. He took when he got off his channel, you can raid, and he brought his channel over here, so which is so cool that and all the people hanging.
Speaker 2: You see you teaching the old man new things. I don't even know, like this thing happened, and all of a sudden I'm looking around trying to figure out what's going on there. So Braction, You're good peoples. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what wel shays about you. I like you. Great show, great job by Michael Cally, our producers always today and we love hanging out with all of you. Don't forget to subscribe to the YouTube channel trying to get to thirty thousand subscribers by the end of the season, and we could do it with your help. That'll do it for us. What the story of the game goes on. For the Welsh, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: Kids.
Speaker 7: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB