Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Concrete Jungle Wet Dream Trend madeo that is courtesy of The Hawk to a girl. The Hawk to a girl who went on Bill Maher, Uh quickly, I'm Jack. I'm thrilled to be joined by.
Speaker 2: Poly Never be the Hawk to a girl.
Speaker 1: Not if you talk like that, Polly, you won't be true. Do you have you seen the clip of her on Bill Maher?
Speaker 3: I don't understand how Bill Maher gets the guests he gets and then is like, people are crazy, You're insane. What do you You're the one doing it, You're you're seeking these people out right.
Speaker 1: Anyways, His interview style is kind of boring. He's just like, whoa what rep do you listen to? But I do just that this is another banger from the Hawk to a girl that I would like to share with you real quick if I'm sure everybody's heard it. But still just a lot of fun. Here we go.
Speaker 3: What's old to you?
Speaker 1: Old rope?
Speaker 3: To me, it's jay Z and Tupac.
Speaker 1: Dead Silent.
Speaker 2: Oh you've heard of jay Z Yeac.
Speaker 1: Interview He says that one song jay Z, it's like Concrete Jungle, what dream TIMEO you know about New York all right, now listen to it.
Speaker 2: Does Bill Maher recognize it? Or does he?
Speaker 3: You know, he was like, oh, that's like probably the lyrics of the song. He probably was like, oh, yeah, that jay Z is writing crazy songs.
Speaker 1: I just pretend to listen to jay Z and Tupac. Yeah, yeah, I am curious. I haven't seen the clip after the fact. If he recognized as is the genius in his midst? Almost definitely not.
Speaker 3: I just had to do another podcast, and I say had because I can't believe I didn't. But it's called I Hate Bill Maher and it's by Will Weldon, and he makes us watch episodes of Bill Maher and then like break it down and talk about it, and he viscerally hates Bill Maher and I hate him for making me watch this episode of Bill Maher for two thousand and three. But I'm going through all of Bill Maher's like discography. Basically, he's he was going from like all of Bill Maher's TV shows and then he might do his podcasts and stuff like he has a passion for hating Bill Maher and it's so visceral and it's like Bill Maher has always been this awful person. I don't know how he survived this long. But anyway, that podcast is really fun too, amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, Paula, they you have offered to be our Indian course for the upcoming presidential election. We have a story that dropped into our lapse that is on your beat.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've been studying the WhatsApp polls and memes, you know, I've been locked into the auntie calls, you know what I mean. And this one popped up on my on my Twitter and it is a person who is an Indian man and he goes to a Trump rally dressed as the Bake Ramaswami in that he is an Indian man in a suit, right, and he flew to Montana, Yeah, just by being brown. And then he walked in and then everybody was like, oh my god, hey the Vike.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Are you the Vike and then introduced himself. People were asking to take pictures with him, and he was just obliging everyone.
Speaker 2: They were all excited.
Speaker 3: The governor or the senator Matthew was his name, Matthew Whitaker. Yeah, like recognized him as Avake and there were just he was just like these white people's like super excited, like dreamed. Miss Montana like addressed him and took a picture him, and he tried to go on stage, which is insane given the assassination attempt, but like the Secret Service asked for his press credentials at like right when he was about.
Speaker 2: To, and then they kicked him out.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny because you know they would have done that to Vake anyways, if it was the real Deva would have been like, I'm sorry, no brown people allowed on stage right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, But I just love that. I feel like the Secret Service has been shown lacking like a you know, after the assassination attempt. Like obviously the assassination attempt was like wild, but like there's also like a right wing troll who just like walked up to Kamala Harris was just like really, yeah, oh my god, how the fuck did she get that close? But anyways, come on, Secret Service, let's see there. There's this story that I guess is an old story, but it just popped up on Reddit again about a guy who build Google and Facebook one hundred and twenty two million dollars and they like paid him. He's now in jail. He was, I believe Lithuanian, but he just was like got broken to somebody's email, so like got figured out what like the invoicing process was, who you emailed to get your invoices paid out, and then was able to get the company's Google and Facebook just via asking for it one hundred and twenty two million dollars before he got that.
Speaker 2: I don't see what's wrong with that.
Speaker 3: I have in best welled thirty million from my heart and TDZ, so like, I don't understand what the problem is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the.
Speaker 2: Same way I've just been sending guys, you're.
Speaker 1: Just asking nicely. You ask so nicely.
Speaker 3: A thousand percent should not go to jail for this, I know, or like those people who like are still on employee payroll but like don't go into work for like twelve years. There was I think it was in like some Asian countries. Officers, yeah, office exactly. That was good, that was great, But they they should just allow them. They just if you get away with that, if you get away with it, if you're like an evident Goliath situation, they should just let you keep food.
Speaker 1: They should just let you get away with it. I agree, Like that there should be a court of public opinion where they're like, do we just like kind of act in press, like be impressed by the balls that took to do this. This also like added context for me for why companies are so like constantly worried about like fishing scams and like making you change your passwords every two weeks. Is like, oh, this is what Like It's not just that they get access to the shitty like spreadsheets that are being sent around between like the boring jobs of your company. It's that people are paying so little attention that they won't pay one hundred and twenty two million dollars if you just like it.
Speaker 2: Happened to us, we don't want it to happen to you.
Speaker 1: We don't want it to happen all right. Uh. And also some international news that as a Russian chess champion has been arrested for smearing mercury on her opponent's chess pieces in an attempt to poison them. So this is we've had and mad, I know what that's isn't that.
Speaker 2: Letter letter queens gambit all over them?
Speaker 3: Also the most Russian ship that would be like I know that would be like if I killed someone with chicken tika masala, Like this.
Speaker 1: Is not.
Speaker 3: This is like your stereotype for poisoning people all the time, Like that's what Putin is famous for.
Speaker 1: Else, like when the US had a cheating a Russian or when the US had a chest cheating scandal, it was like a guy with a thing vibrating in his ass. And in Russia they're like, no, I'm going to poison you through the skin of your hand, where every move you make against me makes you closer to death.
Speaker 2: Hey, why do we play the villains in all your Bond movies?
Speaker 1: I don't understand. Yeah, what's your fucking problem? That's not fair. Anyways, they're considering a potential lifetime band she faces three years in prison, and considering three years in prison seems light. But okay, it's smuggling.
Speaker 3: In phones to play chess on her on her phone on burner phones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do appreciate that. It's a potential considering a potential lifetime ban. Like they're like, we're not going to do anything. We're not going crazy here, you know. Yeah, I mean, if anything, she's guilty of loving the game a little too much.
Speaker 2: We like, we like her creative style. You know that's a move. That's a move they hadn't seen before.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that that's an opening they had predicted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ultimate defense, the Russian defense they have like the French open, uh, you know, and this is the Russian open, which is that you have secretly poisoned the chess pieces of the find.
Speaker 2: Out because like the horse fell over, is.
Speaker 1: How they right exactly. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk some politics. We'll be right back, and we're back and Trump is. A week ago, we were told by a Trump advisor that the campaign was planning to hit the Harris Walls campaign with quote several Willie Horton cases. Willie Horton is shorthand for an infamously racist attack ad run by George H. W. Bush in eighty eight. It's widely agreed to have been like a national disgrace and racist and you know the impact. You know, historians point to it as having done huge damage to black men and how they're prosecuted in US courts for years. Basically, Bill Clinton's entire you know, tough on crime, super predator stance was his attempt to protect against the Democrats. Ever being called, you know, soft on crime again and you know, he was a complete fucking disaster and travesty. And the Trump campaign is like, yeah, we're gonna do that. We're gonna do another one of those. And I actually saw one of the ads in I am currently in a suburb of Philadelphia and even though I'm in New Jersey that they are advertising here like it is a suburb of Philadelphia and yeah, it's just a bunch of criminals, you know, horrifying crimes committed while Kamala Harris was a g And then they include mugshots of I think exclusively black men, of course, because they want to Yeah, they just want to get the white voter fear ramped all the way up. So yeah, I mean when they said Willie Horton, they they meant it. They are going full on. It's fucked up. They also make her look like they've sped up the video so she looks like she's on meth. I'm curious if it's like even legal, because they just have her like laughing and like just seeming all all out of sorts is very Strange's so weird.
Speaker 3: Like when you initially said Willie, like that reminded me of him being racist in a different way.
Speaker 2: Did you hear about the Willie Brown helicopter ride.
Speaker 1: Thing right, Yeah, where he claimed that he had been in a near helicopter crash with Willie Brown and it was actually a different black politician.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he had said that, like during the helicopter ride which had a bad landing or an emergency landing, Willie had told him all these awful stories about Kamala, But it wasn't even her ex who's like friends with her or whatever it was. It was somebody else entirely. It's just another because of the racism associated with it. It just reminded me of.
Speaker 1: That, just cause the worst lie.
Speaker 2: Black man he is throwing under the bus.
Speaker 1: Right, Jesus christ. We have more detail on his plan to rap fuck the upcoming election. There's a good article in the Guardian that is just looking at you know, in addition to a lot of the crazy shit that's happening in Georgia with their kind of election officials of the Republican National Committee's election litigation team is now being led by Christina Bob, an election denier, who is facing criminal charges for her efforts to overturn the twenty twenty race. I.
Speaker 2: I that'sop anybody from anything, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right, Like, person who is criminally being investigated for doing crimes in association with election is like their head, their head of election.
Speaker 3: How Trump appointed every member of his cabinet, he was like, who's the dumbest bitch alive secretary of education?
Speaker 2: To right, who hates the environment EPA, let's.
Speaker 1: Go legitimately, Yeah, and then they're yeah, like an oil executive. It's and then just the details are really annoying, like because they're basically the way they're going to do it is they're going to ask for evidence, like just more and more evident. They'll be like, I need to see the you know, you know, every receipt of like every person who touched these ballots, and if you can't show that to them, they're going to like they basically issue like chain of custody and investigations. And it's like, you know, they say, in logic, it's very hard to definitively prove something doesn't exist, and they are going to just take advantage of that. They're going to drill the hell out of that in the upcoming election.
Speaker 3: It's going to well that's why this is a christianation, is it's hard to prove God doesn't exist exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where it's usually brought up or like aliens. You know, you can't prove it doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: You can't prove that God and aliens didn't do voter fraud.
Speaker 1: You can't, that's right. Yeah. And also they point out that like the stop the steel shit, So when they tried to do it in twenty twenty, like I think a lot of people were like, yeah, no, I guess I could come around to that, like the people who voted for Trump. But now it's like a like sixty six percent of Republicans believe the twenty twenty election was stolen. So they have a huge group of voters already on their side and like ready to do this shit. They have like one hundred thousand people volunteering to like watch the watch the vote certification process.
Speaker 3: I genuinely worry about people's safety because remember when they refuse to allow people to like give food and water, to have food and water in line. Yeah, but I'd like it's going to be there's so much more animosity. And I also remember, weren't they like defacing or fucking up ballot boxes in California at the time, like they were trying to get people to like lose votes in those when you drop off your your ballot in the mail boxes.
Speaker 1: The big like the vote.
Speaker 2: Colection books too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's I mean, so there's this guy Mark Elliott Elios who is like the foremost expert, like he fought all the like attempts by the Trump administration to to steal the twenty two the election. He was saying that their attempts last time were pretty like ham handed, and he would know he's the one they were literally stuffing him in there. But he one thing he says is like you can actually go to democracy docket dot com and sign up to be a poll watcher as well, so that at least there's people, you know, who aren't.
Speaker 2: Watchers who will watch the watchers.
Speaker 1: Who will watch the watchers exactly. But he's also just saying like, yeah, like you said, you know, I think there's going to be a lot like they're much more sophisticated. They have a lot more people kind of ready to jump in. Yeah, they've been racist, but now they're like they're ready to and and he's like, I think there's going to be both legal and extra legal methods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just worried about like like physical altercations too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like right now, they're trying to claim that illegals quote unquote are voting and that people should have to provide proof of citizenship, which would of course be a massive tool of voter suppression because it's like really hard to you know, find your citizenship on short notice, your proof of citizenship, and just like a tremendous pain.
Speaker 3: It is going to have like the worst phone call with their parents where they're like, Okay, I need my birth certificate or my passport, can you give it right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. And the laws that they're trying to pass, like the legal experts think they won't stick, but they're creating the pretense to cast doubt on the election. So it's just like you can't can't play defense against this because they're just going to make up like whatever the fuck they want to.
Speaker 4: It's also just awful because you're constantly like this is American politics in general, but you're constantly on your heels about things, so you can't even like whatever is the conflict of the day takes over everything. It feels like and you can't make progress on like any other any other subject like healthcare or education because you're putting out the fire of like people are going to like fight each other at the ballot boxes.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I had like there's so much. Yeah, it's the Steve Bannon strategy of flood the zone with shit where you just like there's so much bad shit going on, Like I'd even forgotten like the stuff they did to overturn the twenty twenty election, Like yeah, where like you, I mean they were there were confrontations at polling sites that led to misleading evidence that Trump and his allies used to try and overturn the election. Uh. Trump personally called two Republican canvassers on the Wayne County Board like in Detroit, trying to like get them to not certify the vote there, and they like briefly refused to certify and then like reverse themselves and did certify. But like, you know, we know what they're going to try to do. They're just going to be better prepared them on the fly. Yeah, Like I was listening to that five for Rhiann and Mum's podcast from the week where they were talking about Gore v. Bush or Bush v. Gore, the like Supreme Court case where the conservative justices decided the election because they thought that could happen again. We still think it could happen again in this upcoming election. But they were talking about like stuff that was happening where the Supreme Court was trying to get it so like you had to stop taking mail in ballots and Texas they were just like all these ways the Supreme Court was trying to intervene. And now they have this like three majority and like a real head of steam of just like doing whatever Donald Trump wants them to do, so like that is going to come come into play. And then Trump just straight up calling people and being like, hey, let's can you rap fuck this thing for me? Yeah. Wisconsin Republicans nearly got the state Supreme Court to block certification of the state's election in twenty twenty in Arizona. Trump called the governor, Doug Doocey and he was certified as he was certifying the vote, trying to get him to stop the certification of votes.
Speaker 3: So it's just hey, I'm just going to say it now, Trump lose my fucking number. Okay, don't call me on election day. Don't ask me to do anything for you too little.
Speaker 1: I need eighty thousand votes. That's that's all I need from you.
Speaker 3: First of all, you know I can't count that high.
Speaker 1: Paula Viganalain, what a pleasure having you here this week.
Speaker 2: It's not the fun yeah, you having me, it's.
Speaker 1: Been a pleasure. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff at.
Speaker 2: Palo Deganalan p A l l A v I g U n A l A n. Every once in a while, I'm afraid I'll spell my name wrong, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: You nailed it well, killed it. You can find me everywhere. And I also co produce a facial recognition comedy. The next show it's August twentieth. Show after that will be September twentieth. It is at the Comedy Store. It's all brown comedians, except once in a while we have to put somebody else on there from the Comedy Store. But they're also very funny and we love having a token. You know, DEI we do it too, So come through and c our show.
Speaker 1: It's awesome, amazing, all right, that's going to do it for us. This Thursday afternoon, we are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show until them, Be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shots. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will at your tomorrow fight.
Speaker 2: Fight,