Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The thrilling excitement of March Mania is here. In Draft kingsports Book, one of America's top rated sportsbook app, is giving new customers a shot to turn five books into one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bet with any college basketball bet. North Carolina listeners don't forget. Draftking sports Book is now live in your state. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app and use code Shannon. New customers can bet five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets only at Draft King Sportsbook with Cold Shannon.
Speaker 3: A crowned is yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight op and wired text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and oh age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueans See dkg dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap. We got a jam packed show for you tonight. I am your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite Number eighty five rout runner Extraordinaire, Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame Artery. He's a pro bowler. He's all pro, all the way from Oregon State. He's Chad Ocho, Cinco Risotto, Hash Johnson and my other co host. He's your favorite Number zero Arizona Wildcat Legend, the Wizard Great once scored sixty points. Oho and some flip flock sart myself to it. Yeah, didn't done. That's deal with AKA a botch you man. Guys. Please we're We've been nominated for what two more Shorties? Right, We've been nominated for two more Shorty Awards. Please get out on vote for us. You did it, You did your thing for the webby best Sports Podcast, The Our heart best Sports Podcast. Let's see if we can make it a clean sweet get go three for three, so please get out on vote. Thank you again. Please make sure you subscribe, make sure you hit that light button for Nightcap. We greatly appreciate that. Thank you guys for selling out. Shade by Laportier. I really want to thank you guys for your patient. But I've been getting a lot of messages and some DM the guys, you guys have been receiving your orders, So thank you, Thank you so kindly for your patient. Also, please make sure you subscribe to Gills Arena Gills Arena channel on YouTube. He has a show that airs every Monday through Thursday at eleven thirty am Pacific time. That's Gill's Arena channel on you. It airs he has a show live show every Monday through Thursday at eleven thirty am Pacific time. You could also follow Gil. He has a personal page on YouTube and it's called no Chill Gill. That's Gil's personal YouTube page. It's called no It's called what no chill Gill? Yeah, no chill Gill. Hey, let's go on that there and get these subs up from a man. You got a person eight. You got a YouTube channel too. I don't know about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ladies and fellas. Fellas, if you're trying to save some money your women's upkeep, you want to stop giving them money for nails, hair lashes, and eyebrows. Go to my YouTube tatorials on the women's maintenance and again it could see. It teaches you how to do it everything, step by step. It teaches you how to do everything. It adds up, it adds up, and fellas, I'm trying to save some money, check out my YouTube tatorials Women's Upkeep by o Cho.
Speaker 2: And I got a new page coming up tomorrow to show you women how to go step by step and leave your man just being cheap. Okay, it's a step by step tatorio and everything. Oh Joey teaching the men, I will teach you the ladies how to undo that. Let's jump right to the show. The Thunder take a two oh series lead against the Pelicans. Shay Gill just thirty three points five as cents, two steals, Check Homer in twenty six points seven rebounds, two blocks, Jay doves Man, they got all the Williams. If you your last name is Williams, and you black, and you in Oklahoma, you play for the you play for the Thunder. He had twenty one points, five rebounds, seven a cents. When they take a commanding lead two oh as they blow out the Pelicans one ninety two ninety two. The Thunder looks sensational last night, I mean two night, excuse me, and they were barking all over the arena. Gil, you've watched this game closely. What did you like about? How did the Thunder make it look so easy?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: They just have too much Fireparwer. I mean, these guys don't play well together and without Zion, it's really not a fair matchup. I mean they they beat their booty off they back tonight. Yeah, I mean this is not even a fair matchup. This this little literally looks like an a seed, right. They actually the Pails should have stole that game one. They had Game one, Giard, that was the one they should have had, and they let that one get away from them, and the Thunder made sure tonight we're not gonna even put you in that situation where you think you could have won. We gonna go ahead and take care of this thing early on and make sure you know that your guys come for a quarter gonna be sitting down chilling because this game. Game is over and you're getting ready for Game three.
Speaker 1: Hey, the Thunder as a team as a whole, the Thunder played much better. They played much better than the Pelicans, obviously when the Pelicans don't have Zion. I'm not saying they lost, but they look lost out there. Hell, the goddamn Thunder Tree or the Night had eighty points together and they shot damn sixty five percent from the damn field.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, when you get that kind of production from your big three, it's hard to beat them when you are allowed team to shoot. First of all, you give up thirty five in the first quarter, you give up twenty eight, So now you've given up sixty three points at the half, and then you give them for another twenty nine, and you give up thirty two in the four. And so when you get your big three and they give you that kind of production on that kind of efficiency, yeah, it's gonna be hard. Really Yeah. And this is hard to overcome back when you're talking about the playoffs, Like, there's a golden rule that we have as a road team, the easiest game to win is usually game one. That's the one you want because the pressure is on the home squad, right, they have you know, they didn't sleep, they got the kids at home, they got the lives whatever. That is, right, There's so much anxiety be about about playing that first game, so that is usually the easiest one, you know. So the fact that they can get that one kind of let you know they're gonna get their ass beat today. And the fact that Ingram is not even showing up right, You're you're, You're, You're supposed to be the second best player on the court. They go shade then you. And the fact that you're only getting ten shots up and yeah, yeah, yeah, that's not nearly enough. I mean they had ballot production. I mean, if you look at it, he was five or ten perfect from the free throw line. Herb John Herb with six and nine four seven from three perfect from the free throw line. But it's just not enough shots. Trey Murphy was two or six from the three point line. There were seven to twenty six. When you go seven to twenty six and you get outscored by twenty one from the three point line and your best player is not there, you have to get more production from your guys. B I needed to be around thirty. CJ. McCullum, who had a great stretch of about ten games. He needs to be around twenty five. And now we get HERB to come in their HERB or traded Trey Murphy, the third one of those guys needs to give you somewhere around twenty five to match this kind of production, especially on the road. Gil Yeah, Jones, I mean someone born in what ninety eight caught me and called HERB. Come on god?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I have a question about the MVP discussion. Yeah, real quick, I know, I know it's still the playoffs, but Sean Gilgers Alexander, he shot thirteen to nineteen to night, Yeah, he had thirty three points.
Speaker 4: Yes, what are the chances of him winning MVP over over Luca? I'm just KILLO.
Speaker 2: Did you see did you see Jokis the other night against Anthony Davis twenty seven, twenty and Tenait.
Speaker 4: Hold on, wait, so he running away with it again?
Speaker 2: They already got the vote, saying O Joe the playoffs that they had to vote. They had to get the votes in before the play in tournament, before the play in tournament started, So those votes alone the playoffs, the regular season MVP and the postseason. The postseason has no bearing on the regular season. Okay, yeah, so yeah, it's it's one of those things where it's before the playoffs start. But uh, from how we we we seen who was most was the most improved? Yeah, we can just say, all right, they are they already started on some bull crap. They are nov read nov read what gill is talking about. A lot of people thought elite Monk. He led him, storing, he led him, assist, he led him May three off the bitch. He've made a lot of category but Naves Red beating out for six Man of the Year. M hmm. Yeah, you know Na's got the bid because he got to start some games. Yeah, starts some games, you get, you get, you know, some more shots that you normally wouldn't get when you're coming off the bench. So that usually that usually helps a lot of those six men's the six men that play starters, starter minutes or they start some games that year, right, they're usually have an advantage over that six man award. Oh so hold on, you say most improved? Did you think Maxie didn't desert? You think Maxie? No? Oh, you thought Kobe White should have won Most Improved? Yeah, because Kobe White from last year he was a bench player. Last year, yeah he got put so he averaged nine and then this year ten, which is a plus ten right right, I mean yeah nine and average nineteen Okay? Last year, MAXI average twenty right right? This year five point nine? Right? Right? But how WHITE judge Maxie is you started off great and bid left? Who were you when embiid was gone? When you were the number on one option? Who were you? Your team was sixteen and twenty seven?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: So he was a bottom fitting team and you then carrying him on your team? Lets me know you wasn't the most improved. And that's how I judge it. Okay, right, yeah, I see what you're like, Yeah, plus five? What did you do when and Beid? Like if you if you had a player five? But your team was the other way twenty seven and sixteen? Oh yes, you get it. But the fact that y'all was a bottom feeding team when MB wasn't on the floor, right, let me know what you really were?
Speaker 1: Hey, So Gil that means when when NB goes out, does MAXI have to make up for that lack of production?
Speaker 2: Not the production as a whole, m right, it's it's you're playing at a fifty percent page or you're a little bit of over five hundred. You're supposed to be the most improved. You're supposed to be the second best player. You should show some type of leadership when the number one player is gone. And when Zion went down, Ingram was holding the ship for board. You have to be able to hold the ship right kind of what you see ant Man doing when Cat goes down. That's what he wanted to see Maxi do when Embid went down. So instead of getting your average, no, we need to see you go from average in twenty to averaging thirty six like Brunson. If they said Brunson is the most improved, I wouldn't even batter because his dominance when he lost his uh jurra and a lot of players on that team and put the team on his back. Mitchell Robinson looks like when you will go back and you look at Jaylen Bronson when Luca went down a couple of years ago. That's what got him that payday in New York. That's why Dallas regretted not giving him that three year extension for fifty five million, because now they see, like, hold on, wait a minute, Oh, if we put the ball in your hand. You're capable of doing this because you know, oh yo, we've seen this before. We don't know what a guy is capable of because he's playing behind somebody. Then he goes and gets his own team. It's kind of like Julius when a Bi he left the Lakers and goes to the All Star Game. Now I got the ball, I don't, I won't. I don't have to share it with Lebron. I got the ball all by myself. And so now you see these guys. You see Jude Ramdall when he leaves, he's not having to share the ball before Brunson get there. He's an All Star player. So what we're saying is that when guys, when you're a it's a two star team. When one of the stars go out, the other star must do more, even more m h. Whether it's points, whether it's rebounds, whether it's assists, but we need to see more of your impact on the game. And he's saying that when when Embiid goes out, we didn't see that. We didn't see that level of production go up because they were losing games left and right. And Kobe White, I agree, Kobe White was was was unbelievable. I mean a ten point increase. Yes, that it's hard to do that. That's very hard to do because it's still the Rozan's team and at the start of the season. Now, I think what helped Kobe White is when Zach Levine goes out Gil, because you ain't gonna be able to get that many shots with Levine and the Rosing in the game, so I gotta give up, so one of those guys goes out, And that's what you're saying. He's like, well, I'm giving you not quite, but I'm giving you a lot of the production that was lost with Levin. I'm giving you some of that production back. But I won't fight you on that, Gill.
Speaker 4: I won't.
Speaker 2: I won't fight you and say Kobe White should have been, should have been a most improved player. But the Shaka of the night, the Heat beat the Celtics a time.
Speaker 1: Out of time, out of time? Why would you start that segment off like that? What you mean the shock of the night? What you mean the shock of the night?
Speaker 2: If the night?
Speaker 1: Did you expect did you expect Boston to come into Miami and beat the Heat?
Speaker 2: They were in Boston, same thing. Yeah yeah, I mean Boston is close. I mean both of them on water, so I can see how you won. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm just asking, yes, just just real quick, before we even talk about the Celtics Heat game, do you do you expect Boston to beat the Heat I'm just curious, even though we don't have, even though Jimmy Butler's out there, you expect them to be winning series.
Speaker 2: Boston was the overwhelming betting favorite. Yes, right right there, the old whelman. So how about you bet. Let's let's let's bet too, Let's bet two hundred. Run it.
Speaker 4: That's bet on the series. Run it all right, throw it on the floor.
Speaker 2: All right? Yes, you know what I'm saying. You know, money out of fight, call a fight. Oh, let me get myey.
Speaker 4: I don't want to have to hurt you now.
Speaker 2: Because you know, all of a sudden, you know what I'm saying, Moneys, get all of a sudden money, get a smell to it. You know, when you would I give it to you, they got no smell. But when I asked my money back, man, here go your little funk at two hundred dollars. It's smoking now, you little steak, my little steak in two hundred dollars. Now, huh, go to it. You should have said smoking before I gave it to your heads.
Speaker 4: One thing, one thing you should never do. Never bet.
Speaker 1: Never bet against poture. Never never never bet against spolture and what he can do, he can do more with less. And you ain't learning your lesson yet? Could you just bet against us?
Speaker 2: Miami goes into Boston win by ten, as they said, a franchise record for threes. They made twenty. They made twenty three threes. They made thirty seven field goals, twenty three of them were threes. So the other fourteen game won two point shots and they were fourteen to eighteen from the field. And that was really the difference of the ball game. They beat Boston at their own game. Boston takes the most makes the most threes. Tonight Miami gave them a dose of their own medicine. Got great production. They're starting five. Everybody was in double figures. Hobvic had eleven points, Caleb Martin had twenty one points on five or six from three. Bam By the Bayo had a double double twenty one points and ten rebounds. Tyler Herod with six of eleven from three, he had twenty four points. Haimi Hiker Junior. He was three or six from the three point line. He had fourteen points. Duncan Robinson he had six points. He was two or seven from the three. Hennad high Smith is a hunter high Smith. What's high Smith's first name? High Smith was three with three or five from the three. He had nine points right, one of three. So when you get when you shoot fifty three percent with that many three's gil yo, yep? What's your I mean? What is the team gonna do? Hayward Hayward high Smith, Heywood high Smith, Heywood high not Hayward Yeah, Heywood high Smith double a ba's only he ain't even important enough to know his name. But you know, I never understood Boston when they play against Miami. Right, Miami is a small team. Heat play small. Right. They want you to play the same style because that's their greatness. Right, Boston does it every single time you play the Miami style. If they want to shoot threes, drive the ball, Tatum, who's gonna block you? Brown, Who's gonna block you? Right? They don't have anybody. You're putting so much pressure on Bam if you attack that basket, there's nothing he can do. And once he's out of the game, who do they have. But the fact that you're gonna sit there and shoot jumpers all day, it's just benefits Miami and that's why they keep taking these elder them. But that's the Ojo before you go. But that's their game, though, Gill. And then, like I said, we as I said in the intro, nobody takes more and nobody makes more. They got a sixty days like hold on, Gil, we got a sixty four and eighteen record. We had to be doing something right and they got him in trouble. Go ahead, Ojo.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna say you know, I mentioned I said that he was playing at home, and I actually understood they were playing at the Garden. But if you if you knew and did your homework like I did my homework, Damn heat owned the Celtics at the Garden in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the heat of one.
Speaker 1: Listen, the heated one the last five or seven games in the playoffs against the Celtics. Which is why I don't understand as a bet man, as a gambler yourself, why you would even take that bet knowing that the Heat is gonna win this series.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't. I don't. I don't think. Look, if you told me that the Heat would win a game or two, I wouldn't be shot. Win the series is a bit much. I'm sure there's some Heat fans that probably would take that bet, but I don't know how many, because they don't show their ass up to the game. Y'all believe so much in the Heat, and y'all don't even go to the game.
Speaker 4: We show up to the game.
Speaker 2: No, you don't know. You don't know. You don't we feel.
Speaker 4: We feel that we feel the arena every night.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't. No, Yes, they go. They go from the club straight to the game, back to the club. Hey, hey, dog, Yil, they come at halftime with the game.
Speaker 1: That's gonna traffic traffic bad, traffic bad downtown.
Speaker 2: That's all I think. Look. Jason Tatum was ten of twenty two of six six eight from the he had twenty eight. Jaylen Brown was thirteen of twenty three four nine from three three or six five. He was a minus twenty two. Presidents was a minus thirty two. And so, Jil, let me ask you this. This is what I want to know because I'm watching the game, and I know a lot of times we go into a game and O Joe, you know this. They might say, Okay, this guy isn't good at that, so let him do it well. He doesn't shoot the three ball really well, so don't worry about him. Let's not leave Tyler. He Rode Duncan Robinson somebody like that. But at one point in time, do you see, Okay, he made one. Damn he made another one. Now I ain't in the old react hold on. At some point in time, Gil, you like, hold on. We got to hug up. We got to challenge some of these three We can't just be a go ahead and shoot it. This is thing I don't know why players do this. If a coach says, and the scouting port is they can't shoot, slow rotate to them. All of us do it. We ain't even gonna show up over there, right, he can't shoot do the wave. He gonna hit, He's gonna hit two or three those Now it's too late. Yes, you got a rhythm. Now as soon as you get it, I'm gonna overrun it. He gonna drive by me. Now I'm gonna hesitate, he gonna shoot the shot. Now. Now he's playing. Now I'm he's playing the puppet Master with me. Now he's sitting he's sitting there doing this with me. Yeah, and now problem you still this is this is still an NBA player, Yes, right, Yeah, he can't shoot when someone has a hand in his face. But everybody can shoot wide open. Yeah, like shot shooting free throws in practice, He's shooting about eighty percent in the game, right, Yeah, you can't bring practice to players like this. If a guy can't shoot, do not tempt him to shoot those shots, because once he gets rolling, his confidence is there. Yeah, it's still eire to challenge it knowing that he wants to drive. They letting guys shoot shoot around three everybody, everybody on the NBA roster, with the exception of probably Bobon and Bobon probably could make two a team. But for the most part, on't your note real talk. If you've been to the game, you watch these guys shoot the basketball, and guys hit like five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten shots in a row, and he might not even see the he might not even see the court. You leave a guy wide open. It's just like we get a game playing. Okay, this guy's not that strong at the point of attack and he doesn't bend the edge of Well, well, come halftime, he's got two sacks and five pressures. Well we got to change. We got to slide the protection to him. I know what the Scotty reports say. It did not know what Mike's gonna do. He's gonna start sliding the protection, or he's gonna have the back to chip his way out. You got to all to that. But all they did half heartedly run halfway there, stick a hand up with a guy jumping. He don't even see your hand, and once they get into a rhythm, they don't even see you. But I was I was surprised that Boston didn't really alter anything. They were just like, Okay, we're gonna hope, you're gonna miss, you're miss You're not gonna make that many. Well they might not make twenty three again, but they made them that night, and you made no adjustment, right, Parler Mins, What do you think they do in Miami? What What is Duncan Robertson gonna do besides shoot three? What is Hero gonna do besides shoot three? What is Kevin Love when he come in the game. What you think he gonna do? Sure, he can't, he can't move. No, we play in Miami. If Kevin Love is out there, Yeah, Kevin Love. But I guess beat hurt the only person that don't shoot three. He says, bam, bam, yeah and bam. Would that one go? He'll let one go? Hope we go. At the end of the shock lock May, I'm like, well, hell, I gotta let it go. It's gonna be a turnover. But I don't want to turnover, So I take a miss, chuck it up.
Speaker 4: What's what's the chances.
Speaker 1: What's the chances we get we get Jimmy back before the series end?
Speaker 4: Slim to none?
Speaker 2: Get what injury? Uh?
Speaker 4: Just attle, just little spraying. Let's sprain you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna try to hold off as long as possible. And I hope they don't shoot him up with the tour it All or whatever they got now that new stuff, you know, just so he can go out there and play. I think you know, pat Riley, would you know like they did Hero last year, They're not gonna put him in the fire if his knee ain't ready, right, they gonna tease it. They're gonna tease the old Jimmy coming back. They might do that a couple couple of times, right, but I don't see them. If it's spraying, they're gonna they're gonna really be careful about it. Yeah, I'm just I just don't get what Boston was thinking. That's a team. I mean, first of all, they ain't got a guy who's gonna really drive the basketball. I mean, so what they're gonna do. They're gonna shoot three Jimmy, if donald one that's willing to put the ball in the basket, ball on the floor and consistently get to the basket, like you said, those other guys they're looking to get three balls off. That's their game. That's it. And but look, we know Boston normally takes around. They try to get around forty. They try to get you know, it's bad. They only got thirty two threes up, Gil, they tried. They normally in the forties. I really don't understand, like you're letting just drive just first half. I'm telling hey, listen, I know we like threes. I'll make it up to your next round right now, drive every time you get the ball, because once Bam goes down that team is basically six six in below right, yeah right, that's the Philippines. Philippine gotta lead everybody. Look six three in under right, sist everybody? Everybody guards after that. If it's so, anybody before you go with your if it's not harm high cares. I'm running everybody else off the three point line. I know caler Market shoot three. I know Tyler he Roke and shoot three. I know Duncan Robinson can shoot three. I know uh uh uh he can shoot three if it if it ain't want to call him heim And I'm running him off to and hopefully we get rotation over because he'll go away.
Speaker 1: He'll bam on you. Now, oh he'll he'll flush it on you. Okay, so we next game, we got Game three. We're Game three, Game three in Miami and Miami. Okay, Game three is in Miami. Yes, Let's say the Septics come back and they make the adjustments based off what Gillis talk about, and they say, you know we're gonna put the ball on the floor, We're gonna drive yeah constantly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So all.
Speaker 1: Sports gonna do is just make the adjustments as well. If okay, we're not gonna hike up threes. Okay, we're not gonna hike up threes. We're gonna move the ball around enough. Put the ball in the lord and when you have your opportunities, pick roll. I mean, whatever you gotta do mid range coming come in to play, Bam backing down? Who they got who they got to stop baming in the paint outside of porzing and we don't we don't see, we don't see Bade buddy. He was bad though. He was one for nine, oh for four. He was a minus thirty two and thirty minutes. See his confidence already shot Holiday didn't play much better. We're gonna we had him in the paint. Get down the Bam Bam put man, put a little put a little muscle on. He miss a rap.
Speaker 4: Again, and we're gonna win. We're gonna win Game three in Miami too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they did to day, they will like they don't have any shot blockers. That's the only problem in Miami. They don't have any shot blockers. So if you attack the rim, you put so much pressure on Bam him to back right, and you you asking if Bam has to jump, he gets his first fout or he goes for a block and don't get it the offensive rebound. You go to see the frustration on his face. So there's there's there's strategies within strategies in the playoffs, and Boston thinks this is regular season. They you for a reason, it's not. Your team has not been dominated in a regular season. You've been dominant Boston, right, this team has beaten you. There's a reason why they figured out you. Guys don't like to get hit, so they're gonna beat up on you and try to keep you out there to shoot. It's like a boxer, right, if you're fighting Mike Tyson, you're gonna try to use it link. You don't want to get in your body. You don't want to be in the pocket with you. Now, Mike Tyson can never get to the body. That's that's what it is. They're trying to keep going and keeps going to keep swinging from back there. You you can't hurt me, if it, if it, if it jovid or Hobby Jovich is Yovic Jovich Yovich and you really you really trying to learn? Yeah, you know I won't be you know what I'm saying. People like man that ain't a man name Yovich. Well, oh that we jumped up. But guess what, we're gonna go ahead and get it now. We're gonna go get it down. Go ahead, go ahead, run it, run run the news cap news cap rough her Yannis, updated from Shams Seams said, I'm told Yannis has at least started to do some stationary jump shooting, but still not much cutting, scrimmaging, no all out running yet. I think the Bugs have been prepared to keep playing on without Jannis. Yeah, we knew, I mean, I hope they didn't think this is gonna interrupt our normally schedule programming. We know there's there's a very slim chance that Jannis is gonna return in this series, a very slim and I'm thinking maybe game six or seven gilds. But I don't see a scenario. I mean, maybe you, I mean, you've dealt with the proper dealt with calf injuries in basketball, A lot of plants, stop cutting, jumping, things of that nature. But what do you think, do you think we see him before game six or seven, if we see him at all, and let's they get to the championship, Johannis ain't coming back, and if he does, they are stupid, because any if if, if you know anyone who tore their their achilles. Yeah, let's it's just random right there. Usually the low calf strain is where it starts software low cash strained, high achilles, right, That's that's where it's connected at. So that happened to Kevin Directedy and he came back, and we see what happened for him. It was his right leg, which is not his jumping leg, so it doesn't affect his game, Giannis, it's his jumping leg right right, So the way he plays this game, there's no way he can come back in the playoffs trying to do what he do and won't have a high probability tearing that a cl I mean that achilles. Yo, there's no point in bringing him back. I'm sorry, it'd be it'd be it'll be career suicide if you do. What'd you thinking about, Joe?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I mean it's obviously I think it's a calf strain. And now you come back too soon from that, you're gonna compromise other areas of your lower your lower extremities and the compreson. Yeah, you're gonna start commensating. And the first thing that's gonna go is that Achilles. And then what's gonna what's gonna make it even worse is if you take any type of tort or you take any type of pain medication, that doesn't matter you. Yeah that matc though you don't know it's hurting. Man, Listen, you gonn you're gonna tear everything up below that knee.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, yes, sir, out of have.
Speaker 1: I had to say one time, just one time, I tore. I tore my labor from twelve to six. Yeah, and I was wearing a brace, and I took a tour it off for two games just to be able to get through that pain of having a to raise up.
Speaker 4: Obviously the brace wouldn't allow me to come all the way up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but boy, when I when I got about right here, I just wanted to be able if the ball was a little high, I wanted to be able to reach up and go get it. But once you know, once that a drilling start running on, Man, I ain't feel nothing.
Speaker 2: But after that game, you gotta tell me, hey, out of shadow, Hey they a man shop, You're gonna be able to go. I was like, I don't know, Monday, Tuesday, Man, I go in there Sunday, Oh, Joe, bad, I have I had partials separated. Both my shoulders rested. So Dave Dorrison were playing. We're playing the Cardinals in the last preseason game. Yeah. I went to run a seven route mm hmmm, laid out for it, fell on this shoulder, and then he fell on top of me and got the other one.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was like this old Joe. He man, they hit me back. He gave me about tour Street shops to deal with, about tour Stree and deals with I can do this right here, man, I mess right and crack. Who I cracked back on? That might have been? Was it Ronnie? I think I I think I cracked on Ronnie? Yes, but this what been with? Like the second quarter man, my body with none. I said, oh no, I can't do this. I know you was on the toilet. I know you wasn't it didn't h no, But I was. I was getting I was getting quarters on it. And now I did get to I did take Tordo. I took oh yeah, run through. I never had no. I never had no problem with tord No.
Speaker 4: I took the I took that, I took the pill. I took the pill twice. I I never forget I need I needed that.
Speaker 2: No, no, I man, man, I shot my ankle up every in ninety three and ninety four. I shot my ankle up every week, every week. Every week. Man, it got so bad. Oh yo, the skin I hadn't shot my ankle up so much. The skin was falling off. It wasn't no number white meat. You didn't see number white meat. Giar. Hey, I had to get hey, hey, I got three kids. I got a house, I got like I got you gotta play. Huh, I got you get out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know I got to get it. You.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got to get it a private school, child support. Uh, I'm two hundred thousand dollars over budget for a house I didn't need. I got a quarter. I got a quarter. A billion dollar car. Uh in a Ferrari. I got a big body beat. Oh man, Yeah, you just shouting like a car line. Hey, hey, oh Joe, I'm in the training room and going and going. Took up. Oh I'm gonna been there. I got to get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't listen. You can't make the club and the.
Speaker 2: Towel hell no, hell no. But I hurt my knee I hurt my knee. That's what ruined my career. The tour doll were playing in the place, and I came back and uh, listen, Lebron James, the young one. This the young one running through the lane, and I tried to stop him with one of these, ring it to my wrists and I was done with the butt shot. Oh yeah, sure, bbl the first bl. I couldn't feel nothing out there, just because I just came off the knee surgery, right, so I'm protecting my knee. Once I got this shot, I'm in there flying and all out. Yeah, it definitely take the edge, y'all. It definitely take the edge extended. It didn't even know it and then realized as soon as that serious is over with, I got to get another surgery. I hurt myself, o jo. I went over the middle. I caught it and I saw him coming and so I raise. I break so hard. I ripped rib cartnage. I ripped my own rib cotage. He ain't hit me. I break so hard. I ripped my own rib cartney.
Speaker 1: Right, you tell you test stuff on, yes, yes, So now on my side, I got a rib that protrude because the Cartlage is not there to hold it down, so this would happened.
Speaker 2: This happened late in the game. I came straight to the sideline. I said, greet, I tore something. Hey, let's go shoot it up. He said, sharply, it's too late in the game. We'll we'll, we'll see what's going on after the game, right, Hey, you played the following week mat they're going to put the put that medicine in me. Oh Joe, I did it. I did it, like because you know you're real tendering here. Oh yeah, I did it. But like three, I said, I can't do it no more. I can't do it no more. Hey, like when you're talking about brushing your teeth, caught every.
Speaker 4: All that are sneezing, if you got to.
Speaker 2: Sneeze trying to lay it down like man, I had Gil, I don't have everything. I'd have broke. I broke my collar bone. That was the painful frash of my eye socket dilocated.
Speaker 1: Unk you like a unk, like the god damn remember the little video game operation.
Speaker 2: Yeah you everything been hurt you. And when people talking about man unk, be walking Dunk. If you know what U had done to it, you be walking out right right bone on the ball of my left knee. I got I took had the nerves deadening my ankle, both him the place, frasc your orbital needs, sculp, dislocated elbow, fraction, your collar bone.
Speaker 4: Hey, Matt, you know you know what? You know what all that comes from?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Lack of nutrition, lack of eating all that healthy ship? I told you guess what I had one injury. I just located my pinker finger. You see you see my piggy finger. I can't it can't even straighten out no more. Man, that's it. One injury, twelve years and that's it. What did I eat?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Joe, they're they're I mean, look at look at Jackie Slater. Jim Marshall. Jim Marshall played seventh, played twenty years in Minnesota. Yeah, hold on in Minnesota when they were outside.
Speaker 1: But it was outside of Minnesota they had oh they didn't build I think they built a metro dom.
Speaker 2: I think they went inside of like eighty five. They used to play outside. So you know, Minnesota is cold, Green Bay is cold, Chicago is cold, Yeah, Detroit cold. So what you're saying, huh, because fat don't tear muscle dude. No, no, I had no no, no, no of see but see my mind, my mid See, I had to play. I had to be somewhere around I couldn't be over six percent body fat. I had to be somewhere that five to six percent range, right, because I had I had to be light right. The what that Gill? Who did you do? What? I had to get him up? Off? M gill? You know what I put them? What I put the playoffs for the gill? Hey, they like, let me go, let me go back.
Speaker 1: So you think you think you you you was about six six percent body fat?
Speaker 2: I was about five to six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well if you if you were five and I was probably two, I probably two or three. Oh Jo, you weighed thirty six pounds. We uh, but you stopped saying that man for people really think I was that little. I played at two fifteen.
Speaker 2: Look here I was at two fifteen. Two Oh Joe ain't never been two fifteen? Is life? Gill put the pads on or off? No, I was, I was rocked up. Pads and twenty five pounds weight of put him at two oh five?
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, yeah, I was, I was, I was, I was two fifteen.
Speaker 1: I was six three two fifteen man fo two four one four two four one forty.
Speaker 2: Now you just told everybody your phone the time with why you went in the second round. Now you ran foe two. No.
Speaker 1: The reason I went in the second round because I bounced around from school to school and there was too many red flags.
Speaker 4: That's why two red flags went.
Speaker 2: I went to third.
Speaker 1: I went to thirty eleven schools before I even got drafted, bro thirty eleven.
Speaker 2: Look here, Eric Swan was in the semi lead. That Joe win the first round top five pick?
Speaker 4: What year that was where this one come out? Ninety six?
Speaker 1: And that that's why no. Two thousand and one to two thousand and one. Man, Hey, listen, they went in. They went and talked to my teachers in elementary school. I mean, what does it matter what I did in elementary school going into the draft in two thousand and one.
Speaker 4: That made no sense to me.
Speaker 2: Actually, they need they went look look elementary school, Oh Joe, when I'm investing that comp let me ask you a question. If somebody said, oh, Jo, I got a deal and I need you to invest ten million, I need you to invest twenty million, thirty million, you're gonna take their word for it to what are you gonna do some background checking? Do me?
Speaker 1: Do me just as I understand, I understand doing the background check. Please explain to me how talking to my elementary teachers in nineteen eighty five, nineteen.
Speaker 2: Eighty two or whateverpened. What type of kides that have to do with anything? Was he disrupted? Did he steal? Did he it was?
Speaker 4: Who wasn't disruptive in elementary Of course I.
Speaker 2: Was a lot of kids weren't disruptive, O Choe.
Speaker 4: What showed me something?
Speaker 1: Show me somebody in elementary school that wasn't disruptive in any kind of way. Show me somebody in elementary school that is stilled something in some kind of way.
Speaker 2: My brother, I don't get that. I really don't get that either, Like I was stilling because I'm broke once you me, I ain't broke no more, so I don't need to steal, so that don't need right this. First of all, gil Gil, you had a mob in a day you middle plans you ain't broke? You good? We to rob you being O Choe would rob you. But I'm just saying the stuff may be asking like if you drive me all these problems go away. Now Now some of the stuff I will, I will conceive. Some of the stuff that they asked goes overboard ridiculous. Now that you heard the story about about black man from Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: State, just black.
Speaker 2: Man, they went down down what happened at one one gym said he went to Oklahoma State. He didn't know who he was. He said he was in a bar. He went to this bar five days in a row. Guess who was in the bar having a drink every day that he was there. Oh yo, oh yo. Tell the people who got who's out of the league, because why that's why you do That's why you do it.
Speaker 4: Jackson Jackson Jacksonville, justin black.
Speaker 2: As the issue, the issue that he had in Oklahoma State. One Jacksonville didn't do that homework. One team did their homework, took him off their board. When I'm in when you invest that kind of money, it's just like you probably if you're gonna invest that kind of time and energy and money in a young lady in today's time, you better go do some background. M I mean today you do have to go back to element Now you gotta go back to elementary. You just to make sure what it was. You go get feet, then we go. We gotta mo the conversation long. We got to move the conversation. We had food, we kill bad, sad bad. Hey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That's a good one. You do you you do? Uh huh oh, Joe, see right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, hey, hey, listen.
Speaker 2: Eighty five man, I'm two fifteen right there with you know you're not.
Speaker 1: You see how many abs I got yeah, three four, five, six, seven, eight, nine ten ten cheersel three percent, body fat sixty three two fifteen for one.
Speaker 2: That was me a squirrel leaning in a bear.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 1: One thing about I was held when I was well. Now, hey, I'll tell you, I tell you. They voted me America's sexiest man alive in two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and five, Yeah.
Speaker 1: A sexiest man alive. And that there wasn't nothing, It wasn't nothing like me. I was Marie Chestnut before Marie's Chestnut. I was Blair Underwood before Blair Underwood.
Speaker 2: Hey, hold on, because because we got drafted, to say, you said in two thousand and five, No, no, I'm saying I got draft in two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: It wasn't until I came into myself and puberty hit. Then I became the sexiest man alive for like a year. After that, that shit fell, I fell off after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you better be okay. I'm just checking because I was. I was back then. It was I was sexy in forty six States. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they banded me, y'all already Yeah yeah, hey, forty forty six, forty six, I was still working on the other ones. Oh man, man, y'all, y'all need help. Are the gil Let me ask you this, are the Sons too top heavy? After seeing the Suns being overwhelmed again losing two games by an average of eighteen points, even with Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, Bradley Beal all playing heavy minutes, are we witnessing the end of the super team era, or at least superteam as we once knew them composed a big fridge of signings surrounded by bat minimum players. I mean we've seen this when you know Lebron went to Miami that first that first year it was the Big three and you had a bunch of minimum players. Uh, this might be that year for them where they are a little top heavy. But for the most part, they do have enough pieces. They're just not using them right right you you you, you have been three individuals out there that's trying to still figure out who needs the ball, how they're going to get the ball, how they're going to get their shots. When I'm open, if you're on, I need to pass you the ball. There's there's still in this this this is like training camp issues.
Speaker 4: Okay, so the.
Speaker 2: Fact in the playoffs and they're still trying to figure out what players are going to call them, who's going to get the ball. But for the most part, they have they have a solid, solid top seven players. Okay, and that's our That's pretty much all you need. You need seven to eight in the playoff, that's all you need. That nine, ten, eleven man rotation. Hey, bro, y'all nothing to get them five to six, eight minutes, y'all getting in the regular season. As we go along further, you got to allow on your guys to play forty forty to forty four minutes unless you're blowing somebody out and then you hopefully you have a bad game or you get blown out, and so now obviously that's gonna reduce your minutes because you're not gonna be playing meaningless minutes. When there's no you down by thirty at the start of the fourth quarter, you're gonna be out of the ball game. But for the most part, Yeah, but you say pieces and that's kind of what they h Grace. Now Grayson Allen is gone. He led I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think he led the league in a three point percentage. So he was one of your snipers. When you try to you know, you try to double to get the ball out of books hand. He could throw it, skip it to Grayson Allen because he's won some game for him. He's been their leaves Cord. Same thing with kd. But there's no reason that these three shouldn't be How Bosh Wade and Lebron word, Well, who's gonna be Bosh? They don't. Kevin Duran can be either one. He can be anyone he wants to be. He can be anyone he wants to be at this moment in time. But there's this It's like how in football Brady and Grunk played, right, Yeah, great, Grunke and Adaman, Right, that's that's three. They don't play like that. They they don't play together like that. They you get it, I'm gonna drive. I'll give it to you. You drive it. They're not playing through each other, okay, and that.
Speaker 4: They're playing individually.
Speaker 2: They're playing individually. And if why don't have it, I'll give it to you. If you don't have it, you, that's not that's not how you you win games in the playoffs. You gotta we have to all be on the same accord. Right If I have the ball and I turn left, you're going back door because your man is looking at me, and then I'm gonna dribble, hand it off to you. Then I'm gonna slash. It's the three headed combo. And they're not playing that way right now. You know what they need. They need a big that can score. I know your nerd get the rebounds, he can say, but if just imagine that they had a big that can score. You see the way Maxie plays off of Embiid, You see the way Jamal Murray, you see the way Porter Jr. Playoff yoke. When you got a big that can score. See, I would rather have a big that can give me a consistent twelve fourteen as opposed to having Bradley Beal with book with book and KD a D. If you look at it, really, Ayton is what Ayton didn't want to be in. Ayton didn't want to be in Phoenix anymore. For whatever reason, him and A minus Smith bump heat, they bumped, they bumped, they bumped, they bumped. But Ayton was a better fit than Nerd because because he could score, because he can roll. Died to the rim Boom had a nice little having a nice little jump shot, little job hook from twelve from ten to twelve. I think he would fit better and he would have been a better option as their third option as opposed to be Yeah, I mean that that they they they shouldn't let him go. I know they they had to that inside outside presence really have to be uh study a little bit more with this new generation. But they do have three guards guard like players that do post up.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 2: Bradley Bill is a great post up player. Bookers are very post up, great post up player, and Kevin Durant is a great posted player. But they're not posting up anybody. No, they don't. That's not that they don't like to. Conley would be in the playoffs, he would be on that block. He gonna he gonna have to scream for help, right in help that that's all you gonna hear the whole game, Rudy, where are you at? That's all that. That's what they should do. You have to beat up on certain players in the players. Right, Like, if I'm playing against Tony Parker in the playoffs, I'm not playing pick and roll. Let's drop drop, Let's go, let's go take him out to who's going on me? Now? I got's going on me? Let's play pick and roll because he's not a great pick and pick and roll player, right, You have to learn how to manipulate the game. And as great as these guys are, they're not right. And then you think about it, they don't really have size because who's gonna guard cat in the post? Then you got nas Reed coming. So I mean they really this is a horrible matchup. It's really hard. Now could Phoenix win? Could they all of a sudden? You know, look, all they did was lose two games on the road. They weren't favorite. Might yeah, I mean that's the ruugh. I mean, the series don't start to the road ta to a road team wins. That's when this series starts. Okay, everybody for the most part is hell served at home with the exception of exception of Milwaukee. Mm hmm, that's it. Milwaukee lost, had lost on court. Everybody else help serve Boston and Boston just just lost home court tonight. But when you I mean k D, he might be the same hid as Cat, but the side discrepancy Cat gonna put him on the block and he can't do anything about it. Nas read, it's a big that can shoot, can't do anything about it. So now what what do you do? Nothing? You still got that you got to put your will on this game. And that's the playoffs is everyone that's out matched. It's who's playing to their strengths the best right and right now Minnesota is well, let me ask you a question, what's what's the what's Phoenix strength? Because they damn sure he playing to it. Whatever that is, shooting give their strength, taking taking days off, they spread right now.
Speaker 3: M