Speaker 1: This is live coverage of the twenty twenty six Steelers Training Camp or the Steelers Audio Network, presented by bud Light, Easy to Drink, easy to enjoy, and brought to you in part by your neighborhood Ford Store creator, Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, First National Bank. Let's Get Started Member FDIC West Shore Home Remodeling Reimagine by Leecom Digital, Donz Appliances Visit Donzappliances dot Com guaranteed lowest prices, free next day delivery, CGR Wholesale and by Hoss's Steak and Seahouse. Hass Is Is Hospitality.
Speaker 2: Good afternoon stealingation. It's the Drive on the Steelers Audio Network. Weshuler Matt Williamson with you here for the next three hours. We are back on campus on this Thursday. Of course you already know the drill Well trou Pennsylvania Saint Vincent College Steelers Training Camp. Matt. Today the tenth day of camp proper well, the seventh practice for the Pittsburgh Steelers, third one in pads. As we are a week away from the Steelers first preseason game, of course at home at Akershuer Stadium against the Green Bay Packers. We also have a little football tonight, Matt. It's your favorite time of the year. It's the Hall of Fame game this evening, baby.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah. And again it's the most anti climatic thing of the year. But I'm gonna be doing a night show at Sharkey's and probably hanging there after, and it'll be on and I'll pay attention, and I kind of want to watch Picket, and I kind of want to watch Back.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, we'll get at least a series of Kenny Pickett, formerly of this parish. We'll get at least a series I would think of Carson Back, of course, a rookie third round draft pick of the Cardinals. So could be better, could be worse. Yeah, I'll take it. As we got the start of the preseason tonight, one week away for the Steelers, and so plenty to get to here from today, Matt, where we know that the guys had practice off yesterday, Monday and Tuesday A practiced at a pretty brisk, brisk pace. Pardon me if you will. Today seemed like it was a little more dialed back, not quite as frantic as the first two days we saw in past.
Speaker 3: I would say so and it chocked me a little bit because they're coming off a day off. First, I was pretty toasty here, especially this afternoon. It should getting warmer and warmer all day.
Speaker 2: I got all my stuff in the car. I'm worried it's gonna just be melting into a puddle when I get back.
Speaker 3: You don't have any like chocolate or anything in there, right.
Speaker 2: No, just a bunch of toilet trees and all it, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yep. But I will say, Okay, so they practiced. I think a little over the one hundred and ten minutes or I think they're able to ramp it up. I'm not don't quote me on that. I'm not one hundred percent sure.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I think it was one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 3: I thought it was ten minutes longer. Yeah. Yeah, I'm not super dowed in on that stuff. But anyway, practice I think was a little longer than usual. I wanted to say over the first hour, Bob Labriola and I were hanging in here and it was like, man, they're not this is very ota ish.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. In that first hour plus, there was one session of team and it was one play, but Rogers threw a strike to Metcalf. They were in a three by one set, and I found it interesting he was not on the far far side. He was the second guy in. He was the number two receiver and a three you know, three by one and broke over the middle deep down field like a deep dig. Rogers drilled it right in there in front of the safeties, behind the linebackers. It was like, boy, I'd love to see a lot of that, you know, but there's one play. The rest of the period was fine, but that first hour or so was a lot of fundamental stuff. A lot of individuals, you know, broken up in your group, working on different things, but all fundamental things that weren't even team oriented. Then we got the uh, the big guys one on ones, which has been my favorite thing of camp so far. But today, you know, we describe just before they've had kind of what I've been calling the varsity and the jv both in the end zone, and today they combined it onto one so you only take one rep at a time, so it was half of the work. Yeah, but there was more of Rubio and some of those type of rookies yeah, yeah, yeah, undrafted guys exactly. And Max did not take part in that. I guess he got dinged up.
Speaker 2: A little bit, unfortunately, I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Eccles got dinged up in that period that I was discussing the team drill, and looked like it was. I don't want to like get people alarmed, but it looked kind of bad, you know, just you know, he got up and then he went right back down, but then he stayed on the field quite a while. Haven't heard anything on either one, but they would have definitely taken Eccles up immediately if it was, you know, super bad. But who knows. I guess we'll get word of that as the evening goes on. And then the rest of practice was spirited, you know, the last half hour or so, but overall it was pretty dowed back, I would say, considering day off yesterday and all those good things. But we do have a stretch here coming of a few in a row, so maybe they're just pacing theirselves, and we know this staff looks at it differently.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, I concur with everything you said there. So let's cross some of those t's and dot some of those eyes. Brandon Eckles was, as Matt mentioned, kind of limped off the field after a play out here earlier today.
Speaker 3: He stayed down for a fair amount.
Speaker 2: And then he had a massive rap on his left ankle and his day was done. So, you know, Matt and I, we are not doctors. We are not privy to any inside information. We're not going to just sit here and speculate. But I think that that's notable. When he leaves practice, not only leaves practice, but leaves with a big kind of wrap around his ankle on his lower left leg, left ankle.
Speaker 3: I would think at a minimum he's gonna miss some time.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would think so. And then according to our friend Alan Saunders was on the show with us on Tuesday here of Steelers Now, it appeared to be some kind of neck or shoulder issue for Maxie Honachure. He kind of hung out down there for a while after if like, he kind of took his helmet off and was hanging out around team drills still, which gives me some hope maybe it was just a stinger or something minor and they're just being extra cautious at this stage. He did walk up the hill eventually during practice with a trainer, but as we've noted too, I think anytime that a guy's not carded off, that's another one of those things, along with the Hall of Fame game that you and I always laugh about. I think it's encouraging news that he was not carted off, that they thought, you know, he was fine to just walk up the hill and go back to the locker room. But Matt, after what the first six practices of you know, knocking off wood being pretty fortunate in that regard, two guys certainly that you don't want to see go down again. We don't know the extent of it. They could be back tomorrow really fine, but just that I think was kind of the biggest thing that I took from practice today was after a few days of good luck in that fortune, and you had a couple guys get a little banged up today.
Speaker 3: And as we've reiterated many times, this coaching staff is really going to stress getting the guys as healthy as possible for the marathon that is the season. So I would think if there's any what we could call small it's not our bodies, you know, small injuries, they are going to keep them out for the rest of practice. Plus, you know, if there's any concerns particularly equals he's a veteran. But remember, I mean, Ramsey's not in the mix. So those your top two slot options right now are not available presumably. But again, we'll get more information on both and people will tell stuff and it'll come across. But my early thoughts are, yeah, I doubt either is like season enders or you know, it's where I are, any of that kind of stuff, you know.
Speaker 2: I think. So I'm cautiously optimistic that even if those guys miss a couple practices, it won't be anything long term. Matt. We also today know Eli Heidenreich at practice today. He missed Thursday's practice with an undisclosed injury. Not really, not really much more, no updates, but it was.
Speaker 3: There was a ton of Libo.
Speaker 2: You talk about bad timing, man, I mean, it'd be like if I had to miss a show while the Mars Fighting Planets were.
Speaker 3: Out here exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eli's alma mater, Mount Libo, was out here today. They were one of the other Steelers youth football squads. There's one or two of those represented every here day here, every single day on campus. It's one of the cool, many cool things that the Steelers do.
Speaker 3: Another Libo joe Maganelo was here too, was he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, Joey Manganello.
Speaker 3: Libo is representing.
Speaker 2: Well, he's living back in the area, isn't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's back in Mount and I think left left.
Speaker 2: The Southern California Hollywood dream in his back in his hometown and taking things easy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately taking pictures and autographs around him.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Yeah, unfortunate for Eli to miss practice, and I think especially when when some of the kids from his former high school squad were out here. But again, hopefully that's something that.
Speaker 3: Is just Blue Devils represent themselves well today though, and we are as we speak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, that's right. Matt Williamson. There must that's in the it's in the bylaws of Steelers Nation Radio that there must always be a Mount Lebanon and a Mars Grad as hosts on this network.
Speaker 3: We currently have to think I'm doing a night show with another Mars.
Speaker 2: We currently have two between yourself and of course Tom Aferman and then myself and Chris Danski as the as the Mars guys. But yeah, bummer for Hide and Reich again, though hopefully that's something that is just minor, just procedural and UH, and we'll keep an eye on his status going forward. And then kind of last thing on this injury and health forefront. Matt Mike McCarthy did speak UH today and was asked about Joey Porter Junior and Jaalen Ramsey and their kind of time frame to return to practice. He said that there's no high concern about either, but doesn't have a time frame for their return. So I think that's kind of a status quo, but just a lot of anytime the head coach uh, you know, uh addresses it directly, I think it's it's worthy of mentioning.
Speaker 3: Here and again slam on that wood like you're saying, but I mean, like for where we sit, what ten practices are ten days in ten practice, not seven ten days. You'll take it from a health perspective, you know, in terms of where this team is overall, I think you're in pretty nice shape.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you this. When you start to see it.
Speaker 3: Think is the only one seems like it could be a while, could be a little yeah.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what though, when you start to see some of these guys in the secondary continuing to go down or just not be available.
Speaker 3: It seems so deep and now all of a sudden it's like a little thing.
Speaker 2: But at the same time too for a Santa Samuel Junior, for Dayalen Everett, here's your opportunity. Here's your opportunity. Boys. It's great out there. Let's see what you got.
Speaker 3: Great point.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of I think the the moving and shaking from today, if you will. Yeah, and uh and again not some of the greatest updates that you want to hear, But I think not time to panic fotball exactly right. This is just the way it goes. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of win. As the former head coach would have said, injuries are as much a part of football as blocking and tackling. And unfortunately we all know that that's the case. Matt. We've got plenty of of ground that we want to cover today. I did want to get your thoughts on two just kind of notable news stories around the league. The first being the Washington Commanders have signed wide receiver Stefon Diggs.
Speaker 3: Long overdue. I mean, they've been rumored to be linked to Brandon Ayut quite a bit. Diggs is from that area. That makes a lot of sense as well. I still think he's got plenty in the tank. Not as dynamic as he was, but more of a chain mover, big time professional route runner. I know he has some off the field stuff and all that, but I think he's good for a young quarterback. Showed that with Drake May. A lot of the reports, I mean, these are just things you read and heard, were that he was really influential in a good way to a young Patriot receiver room. They've got to get a lot of young guys outside of McLaurin. But more than anything, I mean, I didn't think people were talking enough about how poor the skill positions were with a commander. I mean, low end running backs, low end tight ends outside of McLaurin, some real reach. So this was very.
Speaker 2: Needed, Yes it was. And you're trying to make life easier on Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 3: Not halfy yeahthing, not ask him to do everything.
Speaker 2: One year, ten million dollar deal. We're worth up to twelve million with some incentives. Last year he cut eight had.
Speaker 3: A hard time finding the numbers, That's what I right though.
Speaker 2: That's via Rapaport and Schefter. Last year Cut eighty five passes little over one thousand yards four touchdowns and helped that Patriots team win the AFC and make it to a Super Bowl at Stefan Diggs, now back to his hometown his home area, of course, played college football at the University of Maryland. I meant to send this to you last night. I was scrolling the old Twitter feed and you know how there's those accounts that are like old time football or classic college football, you know. Yeah, and there was one and they posted a like a three minute highlight package and it was twenty twelve. It was Maryland in Morgantown against WU and Tavon Austin had like seven hundred yards and seven touchdowns.
Speaker 3: And he was a phenom in college his year.
Speaker 2: It was like the eleventh overall pick I think, and Stefan Diggs had like five hundred yards and five touchdowns. So it was a fun clip of, you know, of those two going back and forth on a on a college football Saturday.
Speaker 3: Nobody was stopping either one of them.
Speaker 2: No, they were not.
Speaker 3: And then I still think he's a high quality number two though.
Speaker 2: I think so, yeah, yeah, if he he's not a number one anymore, but no, like if if Terry mccluuran was still Terry McLaurin, then that would be a perfect edition. Yeah yeah, but they're still They've gotten much better with the U with the addition of Diggs needed and then Matt. Some big news with a little bit of a local tie here, Aaron Donald has officially worked out for the Rams as a potential comeback looms. He had a workout with his former employer.
Speaker 3: So I found that interesting. It's like, I wonder what that workout entailed. Is the workout just saying.
Speaker 2: Is it more of a physical you know? Like that that.
Speaker 3: Would totally add up. You know, you should you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to take Let's just make sure that you know you're still healthy enough and well enough to do this.
Speaker 3: I envisioned the workout being like the D line coach, the de coordinator and McVeigh while he's out there in shorts and T shirt saying please come back, please come back, please come back. I don't care what you do, but let's get your vitals.
Speaker 2: Let's make sure you're healthy and can pass a physical year. And then I think there's story about it.
Speaker 3: Walking and breathing right, yeah, please come back. You're still breathing right, come on back.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be crazy. Man.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna happen. I thought it's gonna happen every step of the way. I mean, if you're him, there's only two negatives, and one of them is just you're just delaying your Hall of Fame time. But you're gonna go either way.
Speaker 2: But it's not like the Philip Rivers delay delay, not a five year delay.
Speaker 3: And I guess you could tarnish your unbelievable legacy if you come out in your average or yeah, he didn't do any he ends up with two sacks this year or something like that. But I don't think it will even be a full time player. Their other defensive tackles are good, right, you know, I would think he's out there and situational, closing out games, playoffs, you know, keep him fresh. It's pretty appealing.
Speaker 2: It's very appealing. Just turn thirty five a couple months ago. Not a spring chicken anymore. But he's he's not long in the two either. There's still obviously a lot of high level guys in the trenches at his age in the in the NFL. So yeah, man, that's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be the Odell Mike Evans draft class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeahha, which is you know, kind of be very interesting to keep an eye on this story in what all kinds of signs are pointing to the return of one of the best defensive players, point blank period in NFL history.
Speaker 3: No doubt, and with all respected Joe Green. If I had one defense tackle, I think that's my pick.
Speaker 2: Don't tell anyone Are those the two those? Is there anyone else in the conversation, like sap or No, No, Bob Lilly.
Speaker 3: But he's a little I mean, that's going back too far. I always kind of start things with the Super Bowl era. I mean, he was considered the best before Green arrived, and I have to say I don't know as much about him, never saw him play. Not a Pittsford guy. There's others, don't get me wrong, but Donald's the bottom line is Aaron Donald's as good as any tackle that have ever roamed the earth, without doubt. If you call JJ Watt a tackle, I guess you could put it in a conversation. In a conversation too, you know, like, if I'm building a four man D line, I think JJ's on it somewhere.
Speaker 2: Man, that'd be a tough task to do. You'd almost have to break it into like twentieth century and twenty first century, because yeah, we're starting to get to the point man, where you know, like my my friends and I were having that conversation like a week or two ago, Matt, and it would have been fun to you know, one of those conversations that you I think would have would have been at the forefront and the very involved in. But like, at what point do we now, what do you consider the modern era? You know, because like it's like we've been.
Speaker 3: Talking about thousands break point.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about the modern era of sports now from what feels like twenty years you know, since around like when Ben was a rookie, right, and Manning and Brady and those guys were you know, on the scene. But I think you're right. I think now I bet your your group.
Speaker 3: Of buddies would look at the different than my group of buddies. Yeah, just from the age difference, right, right.
Speaker 2: We said we said about nineties ish, like some point in the nineties to now is probably moder But you're right, I think we're getting close a few years away from the point where you kind of can start drawn all in sports history of the twentieth century in the twenty first century, because we're about to be three decades into the into the twenty first century.
Speaker 3: I mean this sounds makes me sound really old, but like I always found it funny when I would hear something on DVE for the first time, being like Guns and Roses is classic rock? Now it's right, well, you know, it blows me when I hemember when Apathite came out.
Speaker 2: When I hear like Blink one eighty two and Green Day and an Oasis, So.
Speaker 3: To me, that's new. That's brand new stuff to me, right, that just came out like a year ago.
Speaker 2: In my mind, Like, oh no, not the nineties music I grew up. That can't be classic rock, not yet. No, that's still Zeppelin and the Beatles, baby, and how about the Rolling Stones? Give me some can't you hear me knock it on the on the dve here?
Speaker 3: I mean, like the seventies are hard to compare to now, obviously, I think, I mean, it's almost every sport court looks so different. But I think this league is changing, just like the world. And just like you know, the Internet age from ninety two to ninety three isn't as big a difference as twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five. Correct, I mean things happened so quick in this league.
Speaker 2: Now, that's a very good way to put it.
Speaker 3: Just the way they play and what they stress, and you know, running back and yeah, I know we'll talk about like Jonathan Taylor and Bijon, but like how important running backs are compared the way back when, And I mean there's just so different that it's almost unfair to compare Marino and Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right. Yeah, it's almost unfair to compare me and Joe Green and Aaron Donalds.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just and that to me is I think something that's going to be a lot of fun is the years and years and decades roll by as you kind of parse through the history of all these rich sports that we have in this country and and all the just outstanding talent that has played played in them over the decades. Let's get to our first break of the day. Plenty more ground to cover, you know in the five o'clock hour. Of course, will open with your tweets in the bonus hour, so make sure you get those in if you want to get involved. Absolutely at wesle Yuler at Williamson, NFL. I want to talk a little future Hall of Famers and with the Hall of Fame game tonight, who's going to be in the next Hall of Fame class. There's some Steelers that are up and in eligible, and maybe who are some of the future Hall of Famers that are on the Steelers roster at this current moment. We'll do all that more when we return. Rolling along here on the campus of Saint Vincent College. It's the drive all part of our training camp coverage Steelers Mission Radio on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is live coverage of twenty twenty six Steelers Training Camp on the Steelers Audio Network, presented by bud Light, Easy to Drink, easy to Enjoy, and brought to you in part by Pennsylvania one Call Systems Dial eight one one before You dig SNT Bank People Forward Banking by Kalucy Chevrolet, serving the Pittsburgh area for over one hundred and eight years. Clearview Federal Credit Union. For every touchdown the Black and Gold Score in twenty twenty six, Clearview will donate five hundred dollars to the Light of Life Mission, they said CLEARVIEWFCU dot org and by Iron Workers Local Union number.
Speaker 3: We don't go to the office. We build it.
Speaker 2: Back on the grounds of Saint Vincent College here as we roll along on this Thursday edition of The Drive, another beautiful day here. Looked like there was gonna be some potential. Matt and I we're texting late last night, you know, is as friends do. And Matt was like, you see in this weather stuff, like, what are we gonna do if there's a big storm in practice. I was like, well, they'll probably move inside. And that's the one.
Speaker 3: Thing I don't know. It was a big unknown to me.
Speaker 2: We've started to discover this new Mike McCarthy training camp and everything that comes with it. The one thing we still don't know is if they have terrible weather here one day and they moved to the new indoor recreational facility here on campus, which looks gorgeous by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I don't know inviting.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we are. In the past we haven't been, but they've just been doing a little walk through in a tiny little gym. Now they'd have a little more room, so it would at least be closer to a practice, But I'm not sure if we're invited it would also depend on the timing because we'd have to be in here doing the show. But regardless, we might have to cross that bridge at some point, but didn't have to today as what looked like potentially some nasty weather held off. And that's been the case pretty much through through this week and a half so far, Matt. There's been a little kind of light rain storms at times, but we haven't had that kind of a holy Cow lookout type day that we get weatherwise out here a lot of a lot of years.
Speaker 3: Well, that's kind of where I was going with it is. When I I sent the text, I was like a half hour out coming in from the South Hills, and pretty much the entire trip was a lot really rain, heavy rain on the way here, and I'm like, there's no way they're practicing and labs right back, like we're talking about, they're gonna be right here.
Speaker 2: You know, practices at eleven. Don't be a wool sie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and practice eleven on the field. I'm like, I meant, is it pouring there or not? I mean, like I thought I kind of made it. I assumed that there was some Percis.
Speaker 2: Is a busy man. He doesn't have time for you to be asking weather questions all right, because I got.
Speaker 3: Here and it was just me and him, And then he's like, what'd you think practice was a problem? Like it poured the whole way here. It took me way longer to get here than expected, you know, like the traffic, it slowed traffic to that point. So he's like, you know, we hardly got anything, so okay.
Speaker 2: Great, right, we'll keep it well.
Speaker 3: So it was an easy decision.
Speaker 2: The hopefully, hopefully we won't have to cross that bridge. I'm not counting my chickens counting my hens just yet, but hopefully we won't have to cross that bridge and we'll continue to have good fortune in the weather department. Matt, tonight is the Hall of Fame game, and with that some Hall of Fame conversation that I wanted to have with you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I didn't click on it, but I was pretty excited about this real quick. On the Hall of Fame game, I am curious. Are there any other rookies of note that played tonight? I'm hoping they do. I mean, Cardinals have some guys on a sea. Carolina has some guys I want to see, mostly draftable players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: I mean, we don't need to look into it now. We can chat about it tomorrow. But I am curious. Is there anyone of note that plays the first quarter? Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: No, that's that is that is always important to note. We know the two quarterbacks are or at least interesting. Yeah, well, I think we'll probably have to wait and see with h With some of the others.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we're not gonna see Jeremiah Love and you.
Speaker 2: Know exactly right, Matt. Two fun articles caught my eye today in regards to the Hall of Fame that I want to discuss with you. The first from a from Bill Barnwell, who we're a fan of of ESPN.
Speaker 3: I think he does this every year and I think it's very good.
Speaker 2: And he basically goes through every team in the NFL and talks about who's in the Hall of Fame, who's on the cusp, and who's kind of like, keep it up. You're early in your career, but if you continue doing yeah, yeah, you're on the right track.
Speaker 3: Like, for example, if you're up for it, I'd like to go through all of them.
Speaker 2: You want to do it, Yeah, say we got time.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Just might.
Speaker 2: This will probably take us two segments, but that's okay, let's do it.
Speaker 3: There wasn't a time to talk about Steeler wise practice and stuff today, so I think we could get dig into it and the honor the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, And honestly, some of these are will be pretty quick conversations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because I think every team has a name, but that doesn't mean everyone's going.
Speaker 2: And some teams have five or six, but some teams only have one. Right the Arizona Cardinals. Man, I think this is pretty clear cut on the cusp. Buddha Baker, keep it up, Trey.
Speaker 3: McBride, Yeah, I mean he's got to keep it up a long time, sure, especially tight ends can't have short stints. Sure, but boy, a nice start for him. Voodoo's got a better case than people think. I mean, like, if you talk to people in the know or the real film watchers, a lot of people are like I Boodha Baker was a chief this whole time movie talk about him was a Hall of Fame. Sure, you know he's been buried in the desert, you know, Liken Casino.
Speaker 2: Give me a mock at ten fifty grand.
Speaker 3: Like Billy Batts or something.
Speaker 2: All right, I think that's well said by you. I also think too, like there's if Alan Fanica played his entire career in Arizona for the Cardinals, wouldn't help. I don't see. I kind of look at it, and I think he would have gotten in a lot quicker because they'd be like, we gotta get this Cardinal. They haven't had anyone who's been notable all the Steelers. They've got all these guys in I do good. I think there's that human element to where you get to Thomas, like Joe Tom. I was just gonna say, when you get some of these Cleveland Browns or some of these Arizona Cardinals, Larry, Larry, these Jets are now matter. I think like the NFL is again the Hall, these Hall of Fames are museums of the sport. They want every team represented as much.
Speaker 3: So I think you're bet they're liking that the Cardinals are an issue tonight. Absolutely right.
Speaker 2: If if you your point is correct, if Buddha Baker had played for the Chiefs or the Rams and was a super Bowl champion or maybe a multiple super Bowl champion, he would definitely be going. But I also think it can work the other way to where it's like, in the last what fifteen years, we've put one Arizona Cardinal in Larry Fitzgerald. Let's get another one in there.
Speaker 3: M hmm. And and again, Larry's too good a player for this conversation. Yes, you don't have to make the argument hard with him, but you could definitely if he was a ninety percent of what he was and there was an actual debate for bunks the Hall of Fame folks, you could be like, well, he didn't play with anybody good too, especially his quarterbacks that weren't named Kurt Warner.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Los Angeles Rams, the Los Angeles Rams in Miles Garrett, Matthew Stafford, Davante, Adams, keep it Up, Pooka Nkua.
Speaker 3: I don't know that Adams is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I would put him in the in the lock in the in category. The other two absolutely another.
Speaker 3: There's not really a category for him though, because keep it up probably ship is sailed. I might have one more good.
Speaker 2: Keep it Up is like if you're in your mid twenties. Yeah, yeah, liked, yes, like a Pooka Nakoupa.
Speaker 3: Of course, but Adams will have a strong case. Garrett and Stafford are in.
Speaker 2: Tell you what, another big year in a Super Bowl ring this year because you could put Davante Adams over the top. Garrett and Stafford are definitely there. San Francisco forty nine ers in Trent Williams, Mike Evans, Christian McCaffrey. I think I think those are three.
Speaker 3: I think Warners into.
Speaker 2: On the cut. So there's a lot here for the Niners. Bet On the Cusp, Kittle and Warner.
Speaker 3: I think both would go if they didn't play another snap.
Speaker 2: Work to do Nick Bosa and Brock.
Speaker 3: Party a lot of work to do for both, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of work.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 2: He was on that path for a while, but his last couple of years haven't been quite the same. And Party, I.
Speaker 3: Just don't he'd have to do a lot.
Speaker 2: I think credit to him that he has become a much better quarterback than most thought written. I wouldn't have written him down. He's never been considered a top five guy of his era, and I don't think he ever.
Speaker 3: Will have active quarterbacks He would be like my twentieth choice of Hall of Fame worthiness.
Speaker 2: Agreed and then last, but certainly not at least in the NFC West, the defending Super Bowl champions Seattle Seahawks. They just have to keep it up. Jackson Smith and Jigba and Devon.
Speaker 3: Witherspoon, Yes, Witherspoon's real far away.
Speaker 2: Just missing out, Cooper Cup, Leonard Williams.
Speaker 3: I say, Leonard Williams, they deserve mentioned. Ye.
Speaker 2: I think they're both in the Hall of really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll be finalists.
Speaker 2: I guess, you know, like a Nickimn worry could potentially it's only been one year. Gray Zabel, it's only been one year, but that's still so weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to at least see, you know, four or five years worth before you start talking.
Speaker 2: Haul Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 3: Keep it up.
Speaker 2: Bijon Robinson, no question, no question, no question. If he has another three or four years like the last three that he just had.
Speaker 3: Me as good at opening three years as any running back has in history.
Speaker 2: Work to do. Drake London, Kyle Pitts, and the offensive guard Chris Linstrom.
Speaker 3: Linstrom's got a shot.
Speaker 2: He has made four straight Pro Bowls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's pretty down good.
Speaker 2: Pitts has I don't know, I don't think. I don't agree with Pitts.
Speaker 3: London would have to do it. I love London, but it's just boy, there's so many good receivers. If he's the eighth best receiver in the league right now, that's amazing. But boy, and you can't put the eighth best receiver.
Speaker 2: In Carolina Panthers. Uh. Just three mentioned in the work to do category Teed McMillan, j C. Horn, and Derek Brown.
Speaker 3: Oh so far away though. I yeah, Teest played one year.
Speaker 2: Test played one year, so I guess you. His one year was offensive Rookie of the Year, So I get it right. Those other two, Derek Brown and jac Horn, I think are great players I'd love to have on my team, but I don't know if they're gonna have eight more years out of it. Yeah, the Saints on the CUSP Cam Jordan just missing out Alvin Kamara, Yes.
Speaker 3: And yes, I think that's fair. I think Jordan probably just misses out too.
Speaker 2: But you know what if he has another nine or ten SAX season like he just.
Speaker 3: Did, and that blew me away when I saw he had ten and a half. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think he's I think he's some pretty good numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's one that you know, when we get to February March and we're kind of on that come down from the from the season and the playoffs and everything, we might have to revisit that and see the type of year that he had and how that affects his Hall of Fame candidacy, because he might define on the cusp before me.
Speaker 3: Right now, Kamar a great career. I think he's gonna need it just short.
Speaker 2: Same Tim bay Bucks, keep it up. Christian Wurf's no doubt work to do, Antoine Winfield Junior.
Speaker 3: I guess Veya has no shot. Long shot he has.
Speaker 2: He has likely to miss out Chris Godwin Junior and and Veya. He also has a baker there. But I don't know if you needed to mention him the worst without a doubt, Yeah he could.
Speaker 3: He's give me five more years's easy one.
Speaker 2: One of the best tackles of his generation, if not the best. Into the NFC North Matt Williams and Chicago Bears. Keep it up.
Speaker 3: Joe Thoony making a strong case. I mean he's I don't know if you know this, but he every year he's been in the league, his team has won the division.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is nuts.
Speaker 3: He won that first ever O Line.
Speaker 2: Award Protector of the Year.
Speaker 3: He's got rings, he's got I mean, his resume on paper is really really good. I think he's in.
Speaker 2: Three straight first Team All pros as you mentioned those individual awards and in those Super Bowl rings.
Speaker 3: Certainly three time in a row straight.
Speaker 2: Three time in a row First Team All Pro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he might go already work.
Speaker 2: To do Jalen Johnson, Colson Lovelan, Caleb Williams, Darnell Wright.
Speaker 3: We're way too hitd on all those guys.
Speaker 2: Way too early on all those guys. But I tell you what, Darnell Wright might be the uh he could be the finest right tackle in the league here whenever Lane Johnson sides to hang them up.
Speaker 3: That's a fantastic young corps. But that's a long time away for Hall of Fame stuff.
Speaker 2: Agreed, Detroit Lions have a keep it up and work to do listed here. Keep it up is I'm on Ross Saint Brown, Jamiir Gibbs, Aiden Hutchinson, and Pennay Soul.
Speaker 3: Now say Soul better be keep it up? Okay.
Speaker 2: I think those guys are all you know, if they have another four or five years, like they've had, they'll be firmly in conversations agreed work to do. Brian Branch, Jack Campbell, Kirby Joseph and Jared Goff. I understand why he's putting a lot of these quarterbacks in here, but I just don't. Yeah, this era is so loaded with quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Again, if you're a lifetime eleventh to fifteenth best quarterback, and that's not a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: And let's let's not forget too that Philip Rivers just reset reset his clock. And so we're gonna have Philip Rivers down the line too, along with Yeah, a lot of these guys.
Speaker 3: Now it's tough, this is true of all generations. But like these guys are gonna put up. You know, I big Jared Goff has a million lifetime passing yards and he will when he retires. I mean some of them, some voter or you know, ever trying to get him in gonna be like he's sixth all time in passing yards, Like, well, yeah, but that's because he played in this era. And you know, correct, I think doesn't mean he's better than Bradshaw.
Speaker 2: Correct. Green Bay Packers on the CUSP Michael Parson's work to do Tucker.
Speaker 3: Craft a lot. I mean it's really young. We love both players, but Craft, I mean he's had one good year. Mica has got a strong case. I mean, just just keep it up. I mean you're one of the elites.
Speaker 2: Yes, just keep it up. And I think he's gonna have a very strong case. Yeah, Minnesota Vikings on the CUSP justin Jefferson just missing out. Harrison Smith.
Speaker 3: Smith.
Speaker 2: Harrison Smith to me is hall of really good.
Speaker 3: Hall are really really good. Yeah, really important for the Vikes.
Speaker 2: Great career.
Speaker 3: Like when it's all said and done, I think Jefferson will end up in something catastrophic to have to have his career. And as as you like, I think he averages the most receiving yards per game in NFL history. I know he did this time last Wow, and he went backwards a little chase might have passed him. Uh.
Speaker 2: And Harrison Smith is you know he's one of those guys. Oh yeah, standing player, Hall of really good.
Speaker 3: But the easiest.
Speaker 2: Probably the year or two after he retires.
Speaker 3: They may even retire his number. And I would totally get it.
Speaker 2: You know, let's let's round out the the NFC here in this conversation in the East, the Cowboys keep it up guard, Tyler Smith, work to do, Seedee Lamb, George Pickens, Dak Prescott, Quinn Williams, Tyler Booker.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean again, a rookie guard, I'm not putting on the list tough. But the other ones, yeah, they got a lot to do, but they really got to keep it up. Smith might be the best guard in the league. But again, I need six more years. Yes, yeah, yes, easier said than done.
Speaker 2: New York Giants missing out is the only category listed here for the g Men, and it's Brian Burns and Odell Beckham Junior.
Speaker 3: Odell had a really strong case too, Like there was a point where he was just Jeffers.
Speaker 2: To me, to me, Him and lev Bell are a very similar conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, best at what they did.
Speaker 2: For a while, for three or four years, they were box office. They were the best of what they were doing. They looked like they were on the fast track to the Hall of Fame. Yes, and then they fell off a cliff.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like you know, I play a lot of dynasty like Odell was easily the most valuable dynasty commodity his first couple of years in the league. And if it wasn't. I was on the air a lot back then, but Ab and Julio to me, were clearly the top two receivers. If you liked one better than the other, I would get it. But I thought Odell was the only one that's even in their conversation, yes, and maybe even their tiers.
Speaker 2: And he was like a wild and he was like twenty three twenty four when he was doing yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just a lot likely. I think he can't put him in, No.
Speaker 2: You can't. You've got to have the second half of It's it's kind of similar to like a debo conversation. You know, James Harrison when he was when he was at his peak, My goodness, lookout.
Speaker 3: Like never forget how good he was. But that doesn't mean you're Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: But the front end and the back end, you can't have those drastic cliffs and valleys.
Speaker 3: Odell was ninhing for six years.
Speaker 2: Right exactly right. Philadelphia Eagles, Matt, oh, they got a bunch Lane Johnson. I think I think that's a pretty easy one.
Speaker 3: Uh, maybe they don't have a bunch of Kelsey and some of them have already moved.
Speaker 2: Sure like Kelsey. Definitely he's going, you know, like Fletcher Cox. I think we talked about him a couple of weeks ago. He'll have a chance. Seeing the keep it up category here, He's got Quinon Mitchell and Jalen Hurts. I just Jalen Hurts, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No chance, no chance, no chance. Quinyon Mitchell. Absolutely, it's been very early in his career.
Speaker 3: But and they start to his career and I would put the gene equally to Mitchell. So you're gonna, you know, put both one of them. I'd put both.
Speaker 2: He's got the work to do category as well. For the Eagles. Saquon Barkley, Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Cooper, de Jene, Jonathan Grenard than all the different than the rest of it. Yeah, if he has another great season, he could be really he could be there.
Speaker 3: Of active running backs if they all never played another snap. I think Henry and McCaffrey go, no doubt, and then Saquon's got the next good case. But he's a little behind them in lifetime achievement in terms of the Yeah.
Speaker 2: His absolute best was better than those two, I think, but they I would say they just did it for a longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and none of them are going to like approach emtts Smith's numbers. I mean that that's no one's such in those numbers.
Speaker 2: Finally, Matt in the NFC, last and maybe least the Washington Commanders work. Can't think of anyone work to Tunsil. And then they put Jayden Daniels on here too is way too early, maybe, but boy, and then really good but missing out Terry mclaurd and Steffan Diggs. I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: I don't think McLaury I forgot about Diggs of being on the team. At least he Diggs will be like a finalist. McLaurin, I don't think will.
Speaker 2: But he's a Commander's Hall of Honor guy Yea.
Speaker 3: Without a doubt, Tunsel was one of the absolute best offensive lineman in the league. He sure is, but I don't know that everyone looks at him that way.
Speaker 2: Well, they need to start winning some games there in Washington falls for all those guys sakes. Let's take a look at the AFC West when or they We'll start with the a f C West when we returns, take a look at the a f C. Where do the Steelers fall in this exercise. They sure do, and we'll discuss when we return. Euler and Williamson. It's the Drive, all part of our ongoing training camp coverage Steelers Radio on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is live coverage of the twenty twenty six Steelers Training Camp or the Steelers Audio Network, presented by bud Light, Easy to Drink, easy.
Speaker 3: To enjoy, and brought to you in part by.
Speaker 1: Clearview Federal Credit Union. For every touchdown the Black and Gold Score in twenty twenty six, Clearview will donate five hundred dollars to the Light of Life Mission. Visit CLEARVIEWFCU dot org. Easy home exteriors, fast, reliable and affordable Schneider Downs discover the value of big thinking with a personal focus. US steel Mine melted and made in the USA, your neighborhood Forward Store and by the Steelers Pro Shop. Visitshop dot Steelers dot Com.
Speaker 2: Down the home stretch. You're the first hour of the drive. We are live from campus as you already know, it's all part of our ongoing training camp coverage. And williamsim we are rolling through a little future Hall of Famer primer for each of the thirty two teams across the National Football League. We did the NFC in the previous segment. Now we turn our attentions to the AFC, and we begin with the West and the Denver Broncos. Keep it up, Nick Bonito, Quinn Minors Pat certain pat certains, I wouldn't, certainly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Miners is one of the absolute best guards in the league. But that's a longevity position. Certains might be in a category above that. I don't know that he's like in if he quit right now, but you two more more years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean he is defensive player of the year. What I think Stefan Gilmour the only other one of a defensive back in the last ten to fifteen.
Speaker 3: Years, I think sins Troy. Yeah, So, like Benito's great, but I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't think he belonged to the same same with Miners, right right right? And then work to do. Zach Allen, Jalen wattle Bow Knicks. I almost want to stop reading these quarterbacks names on here. Yeah, bo Nix isn't even in that stratus yet. No, but Zach Allen and Jaylen Waddle work to do.
Speaker 3: I mean, like Allen's a really nice player too. Every team would love to have them, but he's not Joe green In.
Speaker 2: This is the Hall of Fame, right, we're talking about it, right, Kansas City Chiefs, they're gonna have a double Matt three locks, Chris Jones, Travis Kelsey, and Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: I think that I think they're all locks.
Speaker 2: I think they're all absolute locks. You could put the head coach on that list for locks. Two. In terms of Andy Reid.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Pagnola's lock could be.
Speaker 2: Might be, Yeah, keep it up, Creed Humphrey.
Speaker 3: I say Creed's got a real strong case now, getting.
Speaker 2: There early, but work to do. Trey Smith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 3: Okay, those are the kind of I guess we already talked. Rams McDuffie comes to mind, though. I mean, he needs a lot of work, but I think he should be on a list like this.
Speaker 2: He's got the rings too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 2: Keep it up, Max Crosby, work to do, Brock Bauers and Tyler Linderbaum.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I think that nailed it. I do. I wouldn't put Kirk Cousins on.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he's in the Hall of Good but yeah, yeah, but no, not not in this era of just absolute stud quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: I mean, at least the quarterbacks he put on that really have no shot to have more football in front of him. Cousin's gonna be a backup. Yes, his resumes are written.
Speaker 2: Yes, La chargers in Khalil Mack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no doubt they make him waity years.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I don't think he's the absolute slam dunk that he was for a long time in his career, but he's.
Speaker 3: Gonna, but he's gonna go.
Speaker 2: He's gonna, yeah, work to do Joe Alt, Justin, Herbert Rashawn Slater.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I think that's all fair. Those tackles need to do a lot more.
Speaker 2: They do, and Herbert needs to have some postseason success. Yeah, and then he has.
Speaker 3: Ten years of being a top five quarterback. That's how you's get the car in case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then just missing out hall of really good Derwin James Junior. I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he could go.
Speaker 2: He couldn't.
Speaker 3: I mean he said he The new league has helped him a lot as being the Kyle Hamilton slot. I mean he's became I think the highest paid safety or second highest face safety coming off a great year, so I wouldn't write him off. It's just a Hall very good. He's got a chance to finish his career real strong.
Speaker 2: AFC South on the CUSP.
Speaker 3: Side, note Keenan Allen, He's not with a team, but he was associated with the Chargers.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be an interesting case.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 2: I think Hall of really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I would put Davonte Adams in over him, put Evans in over him.
Speaker 2: Guys are all the second without Evans. Better go and not have to wait very long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Evans is an easy one. Yeah, yeah, I'm just thinking about guys are drafted at the same time.
Speaker 2: All right, Depending on your answer from this, I might have producer Justin cut us off the air so that the listeners don't come for us with torches and pitchforks. Hines Ward or Keenan Allen.
Speaker 3: Oh, that are pretty equal. Both are really good to what they did. I don't think either should go. I guess I'll give a Ward the nod because of the blocking. But Allen was more consistently productive.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, maybe people can put their torches and pitchforks away and the same here. AFC South Houston Texans on the CUSP. Matt and I I think have been banging the drum for this guy of being one of the most underrated players of his generation. It's Danil Hunter, the edge rusher.
Speaker 3: I think he'll go.
Speaker 2: He's still only thirty one, dude.
Speaker 3: He came in the league juju young. Yeah, you know, like like I drink.
Speaker 2: If you would ask his age, I'd have been like thirty four.
Speaker 3: Right, He's played a long time. He's got over one hundred sacks. He's still playing at a really high level and making a fortune. I don't know if he could hang it up today. Like, if he don't hope he doesn't blow out his knee in week one and is never the same, he probably doesn't go. But if give me two more good years, he's gonna be hard to keep out.
Speaker 2: He is currently thirteenth in the NFL in career sacks, thirteenth all time. Right right, every player ahead of him is either in the Hall of Fame or a lock to get there.
Speaker 3: He's gonna go. He'll probably finish tenth or something or eighth or something.
Speaker 2: You know, he has one hundred and fourteen and a half sacks in his career.
Speaker 3: A hundred used to be like close to the magic number, and I think Cam Hayward's at like ninety eight.
Speaker 2: They're saying the magic number now is one forty. But I think I don't think he needs to get the one for I don't either. I think one thirty would do it for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd say one hundred is not a lock anymore. I mean it would be for Cam or like a defensive tackle.
Speaker 2: But all ten players in NFL history with one hundred and forty or more sacks are in Canton, which is which is not surprising. If he keeps up a decent pace, he could get there.
Speaker 3: In two years and still be what's still thirty three. Yeah, it's nuts because he could be that situational clowney pass rusher late in his life to pick up another twenty cheapies, you know, on or.
Speaker 2: Keep it up for the Houston Texans Will Anderson Junior and Derek Stingley Junior, Yes, and you think yes, And yes, I mean if it wasn't for Miles Garrett, I Will Anderson Junior would have been Defensive Player of the Year last year. He's still so young, yeah, and got a lot of good football in front of him, work to do, Kaylen Bullock, Nico Collins, c J. Stroud, Kamari Lassiter.
Speaker 3: Niko's the only one I would have listed to that group, and he has a lot of.
Speaker 2: Work to do so too, And those other guys are good players, They're real good players. And I guess, hey, if Stroud gets back back to what we saw his rookie year, maybe we'll be having the conversation with him here in another year or two, because he's still so young, but not from what he's done the last two.
Speaker 3: I mean, really, he's not much different than like bo Nick's being listed, except.
Speaker 2: For maybe a better rookie season. Exactly right, but right, that's a that's a very good point by you.
Speaker 3: Voters would laugh at you at those guys.
Speaker 2: Indianapolis cults In, Quentin Nelson, probably the finest guard of his of his generation, work to do, Sauce Gardner, Jonathan Taylor, Tyler Warren.
Speaker 3: Warren's too early. Taylor's having a really strong start to his career.
Speaker 2: I mean, a couple more good years and he'll be in the conversation.
Speaker 3: Slightly behind, like a Bijeon just signed a deal. Slightly behind Bijeon. I would mention Buckner though, okay, category well, you.
Speaker 2: Know there's the just miss out category, which is to Forrest Buckner, which I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: I think that's fair. I think he's like a Cam Jordan Lifetime Ring of Honor type guy maybe in two cities as opposed to one Cam Hayward at think's a little better than those guys. But I think Buckner is like a Kalais Campbell Jordan. There's a couple of those defensive lineman. You just have great respect for her there and leaders and you know.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, if he would have had a little more fortune in the health department, I think I think we could be saying that he's in. But I think he is going to be one of.
Speaker 3: Those hall He's still really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jacksonville Jaguars, work to do. Trevor Lawrence, Josh Hines, Allen, that's all listed for the Jags.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they have anybody right now. The good news for them is they've got such a young core. No, no, yeah, I don't know if they have anybody right now that you look to and say yeah. And maybe the same with the Tennessee Titans. Keep it up. Jeffrey Simmons sure work to do. Peter Skronsky, I guess those would be the two.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with that. Yeah, again, Skronsky needs give me eight more years. Right, He's a very good player that knowing people probably like he's a guard. He's a garden, right.
Speaker 2: He was a tackle coming out of Northwestern. Right, and they moved to if I'm remembering correctly, AFC North Baltimore, Ravens In, Derreck Henry and Lamar Jackson and keep it up.
Speaker 3: I think Lamar can not play another snap? And is it really I think that way? Yeah, I just but in this it's hard for quarterbacks though.
Speaker 2: In this era of quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I'm wrong on that.
Speaker 2: I have two time MVP is two time MVP is pretty big.
Speaker 3: Thought Moore playoff successful, It's gonna hurt him. Henry's in.
Speaker 2: Henry's definitely in.
Speaker 3: Keep it up.
Speaker 2: Kyle Hamilton and Rokwan Smith.
Speaker 3: Yes, and yes, but they need to keep it up a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kyle Hamilton though, I mean he I think he's really might even be another step ahead of Rokwan Smith. Yeah, and then they have missing out Mark Andrews, Kalays Campbell, Ronnie Stanley, All really good players. But yeah, I don't think Hall of famers.
Speaker 3: I mean, Campbell will be a fun chat. I mean he's got the Wolvermint Peyton Man of the Year, longevity helps, No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cincinnati Bengals New.
Speaker 3: Hopkins was recently a raven. Yeah, I think he's Hall of really good, Paul really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cincinnati Bengals, keep it up, Jamar Chase, work to do, Burrow Higgins, Dexter Lawrence. I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: I think it's real fair. Chase is on a skyrocket ship. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I understand saying work to do because he's still only twenty.
Speaker 3: Six, right, But if he is good a startup careers, he.
Speaker 2: Does this for two or three more years, he's absolute luck.
Speaker 3: But like another LSU guy that if we did this one, Beckham, it's great, Like, oh, he's definitely could knock it in. You know, it's not easy to do.
Speaker 2: Anybody got to have longevity. These conversations Cleveland Browns. Three guys listed as work to do, Carson Sweestinger, Jared Versu, and Denzel Ward.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean Ward's old enough now. I don't think he could ever do enough. And I don't know played one.
Speaker 2: Year and I don't know again. Jared Verse very nice player. I'd love to have him here, but I don't know if he's ever going to reach that height.
Speaker 3: I mean, he would have to really step it up.
Speaker 2: Like I think he's a solid B plus player, you know, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: But ninth best edge player on the planet, which is great, but they don't that's not who goes look in the hall?
Speaker 2: All right, Matt, here we go Pittsburgh Steelers in Aaron Rodgers and TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt, no doubt, no doubt, I think. I mean, obviously Rogers could never play again. I think Watt could never play again and be fine. I think there's two others that might have that same case that are better a little softer on the cusp.
Speaker 2: Cam Hayward Jalen Ramsey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I have mixed feelings if they would get in if they never played another snap same, you know, but.
Speaker 2: They definitely have, they'd definitely be in the conversation.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah. I mean Cam's gonna be really hard to keep out. I assuming he has a similar year to what he has the last couple.
Speaker 2: If he has another years in all pro, forget about it.
Speaker 3: And there was a long stretch. I mean, people forget Ramsey was maybe the best defensive back on the planet for five years. That's pretty strong and it was never bad.
Speaker 2: And then work to do category for the Steelers. Matt on the right track, but work to do Troy Faltanu, well, a lot of work do. But I love them are Prince Zach Frasier.
Speaker 3: Fraser's had a better chance. He's just got more under his wing. And I think it's it sounds weird, but there's few centers to battle this generation that tackles you know, if.
Speaker 2: You're if he's you know, if he can if it. I was just gonna say, Cammon Creed Humphrey, if you could play for a dozen years at a high level at that position, he's gonna have so many starts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he probably needs eight more years of being Yes, the top guys.
Speaker 2: Joey Porter Jr. Still very early, very early, and DK Metcalf.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he's gonna list Metcalf, but.
Speaker 2: He's almost twenty nine years old. I that's the problem, I think, And again in this era of just absolute freak superstar wide receivers, I think DK is really good, but I don't think he's in that Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson and Puka Nakua. I mean, these guys are just putting up monster.
Speaker 3: Numbers, and I hope I'm not correct, but his best day, his pure the prime where he hit his absolute apex, probably is behind him. I mean it's just physical. I mean it's just physiology.
Speaker 2: Last uh, last division. Listen, I'll tell you this right now. Zach Frazier makes it to Canton. We're just we're gonna set up a week there and you're gonna do and do shows there and can'ton all week. Last last division here as we round out this exercise, Matt the AFC East bills in, Josh Allen, Yes.
Speaker 3: Him and Lamar I think have the equal case.
Speaker 2: Yes, work to do And I don't know, maybe I should say because if Josh Allen, what if he never played another down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I still chances are he'll be good this year or the next year.
Speaker 2: Work to do. James Cook and Spencer Brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of work to do, though, a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Dolphins one person.
Speaker 3: Miller not on any team anymore. I don't think. I don't think he's on a team, but I think he's going. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, without a doubt, Miami Dolphins work to do. The only one guy listed, Devon ah Chang, a lot of work to do. But I always forget that he's only twenty four, Like ye nuts, but that's tough, especially you're not you're not and you're not Bijon and you're not Saquan and right, you're not Gibbs and you're not you.
Speaker 3: Know, no, longevity's going to be his friend either.
Speaker 2: New England Patriots two in the keep it up category, Christian Gonzalez Drake may May.
Speaker 3: I don't mind being on there, Like I think he's compared to like a Knicks. Yeah, I mean at least he was runner up for he went to Super Bowl. He's running up for MVP in his second season. But I mean, obviously he needs to give me twelve more years and it's all the Seeds to do a lot more too.
Speaker 2: And then work to do. Aj Brown he's a tough one. He's just again though, like I just at twenty nine.
Speaker 3: His style of play, Oh, I think he's declining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now if he has a nice body of work, if he has another fourteen hundred yard receiving season or two.
Speaker 3: If he's like a first team All Pro then I think he goes sure, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I just man, that's I'm betting against that me too. The New York j e Ts Jets, Jets, Jets work to do Garrett Wilson Hall of really good to Mario.
Speaker 3: Davis, Yes and yes, and Wilson has to do it time.
Speaker 2: I think Wilson has to do a lot. Tomorrio Davis is another one of those Ring of Honor easy for the Saints.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, really.
Speaker 2: Good player, but I think just a just a step short of Hall of Fame credentials.
Speaker 3: Minka's two steps short. He's a Jet now too.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, I'm surprised that he wasn't listed as just, you know, a missing out.
Speaker 3: He's had a pretty good career.
Speaker 2: It's had a very good career. But I would say he's another one of those Hall of really good type guys. Hour in the books two More Hours to Go. There is one more interesting Hall of Fame angle conversation backdrop to tonight that I want to run by Matt Williamson when we start the four o'clock hour. We'll do that on the other side, all part of our ongoing training camp coverage. It's the Drive Steelers Nation Radio on the Steelers Audio Network