Speaker 1: The second date up dated. We're always talking about how much trouble guys have standing out on the dating apps. Yeah, we never really discussed the ladies and their struggles when they're online.
Speaker 2: They don't have struggle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course they do. They have to deal with you.
Speaker 4: What they say, it's way worse.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners, Jossy, says that she's been trying for a bit till she finally figured out a dating hack that's worked for her, like a charm.
Speaker 4: Oh where she actually found like a quality person online.
Speaker 1: That's also different, maybe somebody looking for actual love. Well, she's gonna tell us about it so that Alexis can steal all the men. Well into the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, what's going on.
Speaker 3: We're interested in what's going on with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have our notepads out so we can figure out what this hack is. But I guess maybe you should start with the guy that it worked on. What's his name?
Speaker 5: His name is Sean?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, And so what's I mean, what is your problem with dating apps?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: What do you struggle with?
Speaker 5: Like I I've been on dating apps for about six months, and I've heard of all these girls getting like hundreds of messages and Onfortunately, I am definitely not one of those women. And I don't know why. You know, like, I'm not bad looking.
Speaker 1: Well I can help with that. Why don't you just.
Speaker 3: If you're a messages?
Speaker 1: She wasn't fishing for anything there. I think she was just telling may.
Speaker 4: Be part of the problem, but it does feel like maybe there's something about your profile that isn't clicking right for people, right?
Speaker 3: Is that what you were thinking?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there has to be something, because again, I don't think I'm like crazy bad looking or anything like I do all the regular things. I put like what I like in my bio and everything.
Speaker 1: See, I can already see where you're messing up.
Speaker 3: Boring, Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: Yea, guys want someone that seems like they're really at a low point in their life, struggling. This girl is hot and desperate. I can fix her.
Speaker 3: No, No, what did you change? You didn't add more dusk ration to your profile? Did you know?
Speaker 5: So? I don't think?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: Okay, god strategy.
Speaker 5: Then so I actually added to my profile my credit score.
Speaker 3: Oh that's funny thing right now?
Speaker 1: Really is really?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It's eight oh four.
Speaker 1: Dang girl, that's your credit score, girl, we're buying a house. Oh my god, I.
Speaker 3: Thought it was out of eight hundred. What is a credit score out of it?
Speaker 1: I think it's like eight twenty. You're right, were not the most funny.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm guessing that Alexis doesn't put her credit score on her.
Speaker 3: I don't know where to find mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so what you you put eighty four in your profile? That's just what you said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I put eight o four and then I put gold Digger instead of gold Digger, like, g oh, oh that's bigger.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got people thought it was clever because you know, after that, it worked, and I got tons of messages from all these guys who were little right to like marry me.
Speaker 3: I feel what.
Speaker 1: You seem like. You're immediately smart and driven.
Speaker 4: And despite what you two say, men do read you know.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like Sean was one of the guys that reached out to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So he reached out to me and we were just chatting like it was super fun, you know, and we did talk about my credit score and he made a cute joke about it and he was like, well, I said, you know, I hope, just because I have an eight or four credit score. You're not assuming I'm paying for the date, are you? And he's like, no, you're paying for the first three.
Speaker 4: Oh that's funny, okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, So he seems like clever and cute, so I'm like, why not go to drinks with him?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: What was it like when you met up with him?
Speaker 5: So I showed up a little late, I'm not gonna lie, which might have been, you know, not the best. But like once I got there, it was so nice and he was great, and we were getting along really well.
Speaker 4: Okay, he didn't seem put off by you being late, like what like fifteen twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: He didn't seem like mad or anything at me. Okay, But the only thing was that, like we weren't as thirty as I was hoping, and like we did end up talking about like a lot of like budgeting, and like, oh, it's.
Speaker 1: Like the opposite problem.
Speaker 3: Where did he come to financial advice? Because you have your stuff together?
Speaker 5: No? Literally, that's what I felt like. And then I gave him a recommendation for a tax person. Oh, he was so excited oh God.
Speaker 1: All the hosts in the room around me are coming off like this is a bad thing. I think it's sexy.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think it was hot.
Speaker 5: Well we didn't kiss, so you know that also just kind of threw me off. And stead, you know, I just kind of gave him the tax guy's number, and it was like, can I okay.
Speaker 1: I think so this guy sounds you thought you were like a financial advice.
Speaker 5: But like I feel like there could have been a spark if like we did change it up, yeah, moved on.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can get stuck on the subject, you know, Like that's easy.
Speaker 1: I mean I can't stop thinking about my credit score right now too, now that we've brought it up. But is it possible that you think maybe he like had the wrong intentions when he came into the date and just wanted that and maybe he's not the right guy for you.
Speaker 5: I'm wondering because I texted him. I was like, had so much fun, like just like a follow up text, and now he's not even responding and it's been a week and a half.
Speaker 4: Have you talked to your tax person, has he responded to him?
Speaker 5: Or I didn't check it on that, but I definitely should. That's a good call.
Speaker 1: Now that you've fixed him financially, we just have to fix him romantically and get you guys on a second day. Okay, guys love to be fixed, that's what I yes. Oh god, I don't.
Speaker 3: Take notes.
Speaker 1: It's the perfect circle. We're gonna complete it when we do your second date update, next second date update. Do you find financial talk arousing? What?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, my mom is so excited right now.
Speaker 1: Oh no, my depreciating asset is in a classy stock. Am I able to transfer the interest? It occurs overseas? Oh?
Speaker 3: Is it compound penalty? People translate?
Speaker 4: He took a different economic economics class than I did?
Speaker 1: Or are you more like Jose where every time he opens up his wallet it's like an onion and it makes him cry.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm still going very depressing inside of that wallet.
Speaker 2: I will say when I open my portfolio, I do cry like that.
Speaker 1: It is aw But one of our listeners is wondering if she was used for her financial expertise because she posted her excellent credit score right there on her dating.
Speaker 3: App and it worked so many messages.
Speaker 1: Got her matched up with Sean, but instead of getting a kiss. At the end of their date. She ended up just giving him the contact info to her tax guy, which I mean, great for him, not quite as sexy and good for her. Yeah, but she's not giving up. That's the good news.
Speaker 3: No, that is good. And I was just wondering, did you end up paying for the date?
Speaker 4: Or did he because he made the joke. He made the joke that you were going to pay because your credit score was so high, we split it' that's also not a sexy move.
Speaker 5: I mean financially responsible, but not hot, you know it was it was okay with me. I handle my business.
Speaker 4: So it's just like after the joke and then to still split it.
Speaker 1: And then have him pay he should have bankrolled him for a year.
Speaker 2: Bitcoming.
Speaker 1: But let's get right into this call. I'm gonna Sean right now. We'll see what he has to say.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Hello, Sean, Are you in the bathroom?
Speaker 1: Is the Sean?
Speaker 6: Yes? It is? Are you mining right?
Speaker 1: Your phone is a little bit echoy, Sean, But we're a radio show called Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Does it sound better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds a little bit better.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: So I was on my lunch break.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I got that.
Speaker 1: Hate to interrupt you on your lunch break, Sean, but we do have some important business to discuss with you regarding a woman that you went out with recently, named Jossy.
Speaker 6: A woman. Wait wait, you women?
Speaker 1: You know they're like men but with different parts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm familiar with women.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you so confused when I said woman? So I'm just clarifying.
Speaker 3: Do you remember your date with Jossy? You guys went to drinks?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, Well, news flash, she is a woman and other news flash, she really liked you.
Speaker 6: Wants to say, Oh well that's that's really sweet of her.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's a positive due did you not think that already?
Speaker 6: I mean a vibe? You know. It just was a little not a It wasn't a typical date. Our topic of discussion wasn't you know how you get to know someone? It wasn't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well I think she wanted it to be. I'll be honest. We heard a little bit about your date from Jossy and she mentioned that the talk went into like finances.
Speaker 4: She said it was a little stiff and a little bit too much financial.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was really money oriented.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but I don't think I thought you were the one asking her some of the questions about how she got her credit score so good.
Speaker 6: That was on her dating profile. So you know, you want to pick it off with something in their bio.
Speaker 4: Right right. I know it sounds like she got stuck in talking about it and she felt like, you guys never got to be flirty with each other.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, so she was fifteen minutes late to the day because she was trying to find like the cheapest gas, Like there was some gas that was sent less than all the other gas stations, and so she had to have that gas.
Speaker 1: Someone like that go out of their way to save a couple of bocks.
Speaker 4: She said, you weren't bothered by her being late.
Speaker 6: I wasn't bothered about her being late. It was the reason why she was late. And then she she stopped at the dollar store because they had the best paper towel at the best price.
Speaker 1: She had to get that done before she met up with you. In her defense, those paper towels can be pretty expensively.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had one more layers.
Speaker 1: Especially doing the friendly kind.
Speaker 3: You find why were you asking her about this?
Speaker 6: She was the one that brought it up, Like she said, I was doing this and I was doing that, okay.
Speaker 3: Sight cheap gas and buying dollar store paper towels.
Speaker 1: So she's thrifty and you don't you don't like that, man.
Speaker 7: She could be thrifty all she wants, Okay, okay, but if we were in a relationship, I will not be chastised about paying an extra seventy five cents for some ranch.
Speaker 3: Wait what wait?
Speaker 2: What is that example?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a hypothetical. You're saying, no, no, that happened.
Speaker 6: That's not a hyperth What do you mean.
Speaker 3: To chastise you?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What does even mean?
Speaker 6: Some French fries? And I wanted to side a ranch?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you're speaking my language.
Speaker 6: And the waitress said it'd be seventy five cents.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, and she was.
Speaker 6: Like seventy five then canceled a ranch. He doesn't need it, Okay.
Speaker 3: He canceled your ranch.
Speaker 1: That might cross a line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, did you have to eat dry fries.
Speaker 6: On the table?
Speaker 1: I feel like Joss has some splaining to do, and she can do that right now.
Speaker 5: She owes you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think you come back from this, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think, so I need to let you know, Sean, Johnsy's been on the other line listening, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: What she's listening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how the second works, jos Josse there, Yes, I'm there. Oh it was it was seventy five cents. Like I couldn't make a whole bottle for seventy five cents. I thought, you know, I was doing a paper. I wanted to make sure he was taken care of a bottle of.
Speaker 3: Ranch or however, it's I don't buy the packets.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're on the date and they say this is how much something costs you pay that that's yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Not even exactly one thing.
Speaker 1: It was like this steak is.
Speaker 3: Fished, you guys. She thought she was helping, okay, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah yeah, And I don't know why, so I guess she was up. He was upset out six minutes late.
Speaker 6: It's not because you were late, it was why you were late.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wait, did any longer I would have been out of the paper towels at the dollar store?
Speaker 3: I bet they got that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they run out by six every single week, and I was on my last role. I needed to stop there. There's nothing I could have done.
Speaker 3: Okay, shut shut, you can look past that.
Speaker 6: You know she should have did she should have taken the napkins from the restaurant. I'm surprising.
Speaker 1: Who's the financial expert now, Josh, you guys gonna just be stealing napkins? You see her like a dynamic duel?
Speaker 6: Do you do that?
Speaker 5: That's honestly not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: That was Now you speak her interest, Sean.
Speaker 6: Is she joking? I don't think she's joking. Actually, I don't think she jokes.
Speaker 2: You guys probably keep the ketchup packets too the time.
Speaker 4: Usually at the grocery stores you can get the ranch dip behind the counter as well for free, where the chicken strips are.
Speaker 2: The problem.
Speaker 1: We're getting to the same problem that they did. Well, we're getting too deep into the financial Let's pull it back and talk to Sean for a second, because, Sean, what you don't know is that before we called you, she was telling us how strong of a connection she felt the two.
Speaker 6: Of you had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now she wanted to redo because she didn't feel like it went great the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just hoping that JOSSI still feels the same way as she did before and is still into him. Jossy, are you still up for going out with him one more time on our dime? That's a smart financial decision right there.
Speaker 2: It's free.
Speaker 5: I mean that does sweeten the deal, but honestly, like, I want someone that looks at my strategizing with my money and and thinks that that's a great thing instead of thinking I'm cheap man.
Speaker 1: That's understandable.
Speaker 5: I bet he doesn't even hire his nieces and nephews to landscape the house so he can write it off like I do. It saves me seventy dollars a year.
Speaker 6: Oh are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Another financial gem from Jossy.
Speaker 6: She is out of control, dude.
Speaker 3: Eighth four. That's what her credit score is A oh four?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have to have to plan the thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's worth it, I don't think so for a couple bucks. From what I'm hearing, it sounds like you guys aren't going to match up and meet up one more time? No, so uh negative?
Speaker 4: Yeah whatever, Jossie, I'm telling you you're gonna see him at that dollar store trying to get those paper towels from you next week.
Speaker 5: You better get there because I'm blocking him out if he's there.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's to the.
Speaker 4: Dollar store, to the regular store, like regular people pay more.
Speaker 1: Okay, because it is convenient, we're going to the ranch factory instead. You don't agree on the ranch factory, right, Bring your cupskins in the morning.