Speaker 1: Andrea Barber, Hello, Joe, I've missed you.
Speaker 2: I've missed you too. I feel like it's been a while since we've uh, since we've potted together.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean last week, but it still feels like it feels like it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I know it was last week. It feels like it's been seven I don't know what like it does. It feels like it's a.
Speaker 1: Whole Yeah, like in dog years, it's years.
Speaker 2: It's been forever, right, And I get to see you in person next weekend. Now, of course not when this air is it will be it will be later. But but next weekend we're going to Nice.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm happy we're traveling together.
Speaker 2: And I feel like we're gonna have to document some of this of our travels along.
Speaker 1: The way for sure, because you never know what's going to happen when we're traveling.
Speaker 2: I mean, last time, you wore the you know, the Bob sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, and we found another yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, hey, maybe, and then you were like, oh yeah, maybe next time I get.
Speaker 1: To the airport, I won't do that. Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: We met our we met the we met the fan who who was like, oh my god, I had that same sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: You couldn't write that stuff.
Speaker 2: That was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so I've been dying to talk to you about this. Last time we recorded an episode, we were in Canada and I was getting ready to do my colonoscopy. Right, how did I survived? I survived my colonoscopy medically, it was perfect, like textbook, got the all clear.
Speaker 2: But it's not a fun experience from what I hear.
Speaker 1: Well, no, and I thought it was fine, like all the prep and everything was fine. But what I didn't what I didn't think about, was getting recognized in a colonoscopy center and then on the colonoscopy table.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that yeah, I like that. That's always fun I had.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'd never mind being recognized out in public, but then.
Speaker 2: Like when someone's about to, you know, performing camera up your butt. Yeah, there's times when you're like, maybe let's just pretend like you don't know me.
Speaker 1: Like everyone's like, I want to I want to go to Hollywood and be famous, and I'm like, no, you don't, Like, you know, it sounds fun and it sounds amazing, but you don't think about when you're lying on a colonoscopy table with your bare ass hanging out of the gown right and the antithes y'allo is just is like, don't I know you from full House? And I was like, uh, uh, you know, how do you handle those moments?
Speaker 2: You know? I had that. Do you remember when we were doing Fuller and I was really sick and they had to drive me over to Urgent Care to get a shot in my butt, to get like one of those whatever vitamin shots that they give you to basically just make you be able to get through the day because I was losing my voice and everything. The same thing happened. I was like in the room and I was like, okay, you know one sheek so I like pulling. He's like, my wife's never gonna believe who I you know that I would. I'm thinking, I'm I'm.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure it's a hip of violation.
Speaker 2: You're telling your wife that I can't but whatever. But yeah, it's those are the things, yeah, that you don't think about and uh and that apparently other people don't think about either, And whether or not if the situation were reversed, would you want someone well?
Speaker 1: And I felt bad because well, I got recognized three times that day, a record. So first it was by another patient in the waiting room and he asked for a selfie and I was like, okay, well, no, right, And I don't want to be like the mean person. I don't want to be like, oh, that Andrea Barber, she's so stuck up. But no, and that's why I told him. I'm like, I'm just not comfortable.
Speaker 2: Boundaries are okay, It's okay to have boundaries. It's okay, Like.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to I'm trying to balance my boundaries with not wanting to disappoint what is probably the only time I'm going to meet this fan, so.
Speaker 2: Though, you know, like come on, like again, it's and I get people. We are so excited and happy to meet people, but not when not on an operating table with this you know what I mean, with your butt hanging out, It's not That's not how I want to meet anyone. Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It's it's yes, boundaries, It's it's good to set boundaries. And I guess as long as you're nice. I was nice about it, and I was just like, I'm just not comfortable doing it here, right, because what is this guy gonna if you want, what is he going to tell his friends that he needs to start with Andrea Barber right before she got a probe stuck up her butt? No, like, no, I don't that's the story.
Speaker 2: That's the story.
Speaker 1: It's going to be the story story. I mean no, no, But then you know when the Annison, you just think.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. He's still going to tell that story. He's just not going to have visual proof of it. So so this is no that like.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make me feel any better. That doesn't make me feel like you can't prove it.
Speaker 2: People can be like you're a liar, and he'd be like, no, no, you don't have photo evidence. So guess what it doesn't you don't know?
Speaker 1: Right? Well, that's true.
Speaker 2: No, but he's still going to tell that story.
Speaker 1: If you told him you.
Speaker 2: Ran into someone your colonoscopy, wouldn't you be like, dude, you'll never believe what.
Speaker 1: I saw today. That's it's like the start of a bad joke.
Speaker 2: Or a good one. I don't know how it ends. Yeah, well I just.
Speaker 1: Have to trust that the doctors, you know, or they're going to keep it private. And like the doctor who like, do.
Speaker 2: You think they're post your colonoscopy video online and be like, this is Andrew.
Speaker 1: But what if they take it? What if they take it home to their spouse? Like You'll never guess who's ass I put a camera up to days Kimmy Gibbler from Full Home.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they will. I'm sure they will. This is that's human, that's human name Like that makes.
Speaker 1: Me create like that makes me feel weird because I'm so grateful to people who are willing to do these jobs that are saving lives. But at the same time, I'm like, just I don't I just don't need to know that you're a fan of the show in this circumstance, right maybe after it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe when I come back for like a follow up, you know, where I'm not doing this or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I'm clothed properly, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I you know again, I think it's just sometimes in excitement, people don't often think like, Hey, if I were on the other side of this, would this be something I'd want someone to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get it. I totally get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: But I and I still think we haven't quite come out.
Speaker 1: Of our lack of social skills after COVID.
Speaker 2: I think that just really we really damaged ourselves as a as people, and we just don't know how to be anymore. Yeah, people don't know how people in a in a train.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in social grade, there's no such thing or social grain together though, because we're all yeah, we all are.
Speaker 2: Losing our minds. Yeah yeah, doctor Seuss poem.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so I'm glad you survived your colonoscopy without having to sign any autographs taking.
Speaker 1: Pictures on my colon. At least you didn't ask me to autograph those. That would have been really awkward. I would have drawn the line there.
Speaker 2: You would have been like, I'm sorry, Yeah, I'm sorry. But again you'd be like, that's not my colon obviously, you know, And how are they gonna know that you're telling the truth that they are you know, you're not. It's all it's all good.
Speaker 1: You're here, Yeah, I'm I'm here, and now I can handle embarrassing situations, no problems of experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you can come and talk about them on your podcast.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, see, other people are going to hear this conversation too, So you are actually the one telling the story. So it's you. You're the problem. You actually are the ruiner of your own life. That's I'm sorry to twists. It's your fault.
Speaker 1: I'm the problem.
Speaker 2: It's me. It's me.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Basically, oh dear, let's segue. Let's segue out of this. Let please, yeah please?
Speaker 2: Links go from kolonoscopies to middle age crazy. Also weirdly connected, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, middle aged something.
Speaker 2: Middle age something, middle aged crazy. Yeah that's me.
Speaker 1: Okay. Oh well, I am very excited to discuss this episode with you.
Speaker 2: I loved this episode. It's it is, it's it's a favorite.
Speaker 1: Oh, definitely not. It's a fan favorite. I assume it's a favorite of yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, favorite of min and I remember this one just because you know, it was so Stephanie centric, but it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh well, let's get into it. Let's welcome back to how Rude tan Rito's I'm Andrea Barber and I am Jodi Sweeten, and today we are discussing season two, episode ten, titled middle Age Crazy. It originally aired on January sixth, nineteen eighty nine, New New Year for us, uh, and it goes a little something like this, Stephanie gets a crazy feeling of being middle aged as her two sisters run with all the attention. A garden wedding with Harry as groom and Jimmy as minister takes some of the heat. This is a classic. This is a classic. It was directed by Peter Baldwin. It was written by Lawrence Hartstein and Richard Rossner. And we have a couple of guest stars this week, returning as Harry Takeyama is Nathan Nishi Gucci yy Harry, love this, Love Harry. This is his second to last episode, so yeah, gotta.
Speaker 2: Just savor Harry.
Speaker 1: And then we have Zachary Bostrom, who is the officiant Jimmy of your weddings.
Speaker 2: And Zachary and I actually were friends, like out, we kind of became friends outside of the show from him doing this.
Speaker 1: He was a sweet look kid. Oh that's awesome. I was looking up his stats and I was like, oh my gosh, he's still acting. Isn't that so cool? And I'm like, wait, that's us, Like we're still acting too. I'm like why am I so?
Speaker 2: Why are you so with someone doing the same thing as right right the well? Because it's cool when somebody else does it, but when it's you doing it, you're like, I'm just trying to pay my pills. Like you're like, oh, look at them, they're still and you're like, look, I'm just this is just what I do. I don't know, I don't know why how I'm here yet.
Speaker 1: So Zachary was known for Harry and the Hendersons, which is so great. Uh, And he did appearances on Jag and Will and Grace And this is the first of two episodes he's in. He comes back in season three, so I'm excited to see that one too. Okay, all right, let's get into it. We open in Michelle's room, where Joey, Danny, and Jesse are blowing bubbles with Michelle all competing for her attention. The boys are having a blast and don't notice when Michelle quietly walks out of the room.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've had that app before. You get so like into your kid toy that you're like, oh, yeah, I should give this back to.
Speaker 1: The kid, especially like Legos. I'm sure for you, it's like you just take over the Lego set.
Speaker 2: And not just buy my own Lego set. Don't want to share with anybody. I'm an only child at the end of the day. I don't share this so true, but I did. I was looking at them blowing all of these bubbles indoors, and I was thinking, you are just getting soap all over that carpet. Oh yeah, how did Danny allow this? You know, maybe it was gonna hard. Maybe he was going to like shampoo the carpet. So he's like, let's just blow bubbles all over it and we'll just you know, vacuum it.
Speaker 1: O Oh, there you go. That's multitasking at it's finest. Okay. So dj walks in with a smirk on her face. She's wearing a repeat shirt.
Speaker 2: That that's the weird one that you were like, is he farmer chaps?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I don't know what's going on in this sweatshirt, but yes, it's here a chaps one to beg more questions. Still don't know what that is. So she watches the guy's playing with bubbles, and then she raises her finger. Now, boys, I don't mind you playing, but I sure hope you finished your homework. Danny assures her, we finished our homework, and they all go right back to their bubble blowing. Michelle's nowhere to be.
Speaker 2: Michelle's right, where'd she go? She's wandered off. I mean at least you see the baby gate at the stairs now, so you're like, Okay, she's not tumbling down the stairs on her own. She's probably in Stepf's room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, thank goodness, the baby gate is in evidence. Yes. Yeah. So next we're in the Tanner's kitchen. Danny walks into the kitchen holding Michelle and his massive camcorder.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised he could hold both. Amazing.
Speaker 1: This camcorder keeps making a this is a recurring character at this point.
Speaker 2: And then I started going, is this was this why Bob became sort of the natural choice of America's funniest home videos because Danny Tanner was always like videoing the kids, and it just sort of like people associated him with that. I don't know, maybe that's something that I'm like piecing together after but I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, I like that, I'll go with that.
Speaker 2: Like we have seen Danny a lot with the at least.
Speaker 1: Three times, maybe four times. He brought it to the to the Christmas episode, he brought it on the plane like he was annoying.
Speaker 2: I mean, that thing needed its own seat on that plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does workut, No, it exceeds the diameter. Ye. So Danny sets down Michelle and instructs her to show all of the viewers of Wake Up San Francisco how she eats like a big girl.
Speaker 2: He was like an og parenting influencer.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, content, I need content. Let me use my kid to do adorable things. Right. Michelle smiles and says alrighty, and Danny says okay, now go to the table and action. Michelle goes straight for her rocking horse instead. Danny attempts to direct her to the table while still recording, but Michelle won't budge. Danny gives in, okay, fine, we'll make it a Western. This is this really riveting content. I mean, Danny, do the Wake Up San Francisco viewers really want to see a toddler crossing to a table. I mean, I know the irony of saying this is that that's what full House was built on for the next half you seasons scene the internet.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I'm saying, like a talk show, but this is just a precursor. It's you know, look for nineteen eight shows top morning talk shows, but they got three four hours to fill today's shows on and and a week from now. It's I mean, you gotta have a lot of stuff to fill in there. So they're looking for any cute, littoking, any money content.
Speaker 1: Okay, even Michelle eating like a big girl. Yeah, okay, all right, then go for it, Danny. He plops her on the horse, prompting can you say Yippi? I okaya, and Michelle responds no. Just then Stephanie joyously walks into the kitchen with Harry. I love this.
Speaker 2: It's sarin he Everyone needs a hype man like Harry. He is just always there to pump stuff up. And I love like Nathan did such a great He just had this smirk on his face all the time like he was just great, Like.
Speaker 1: Just so, he's so easygoing and such a cheerleader for Stephanie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, such a cheerleader. And steph was like, I know who's running this show, and he was like cool, great, awesome, yep you are.
Speaker 1: He was the perfect partner for Stephanie.
Speaker 2: Really was really really was. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Stephanie's carrying a hula hoop and she announces that she did one hundred and three hula hoops at school today, breaking the record, all right, Harry admires her and says it was awesome. Stephanie starts to hula hoop for her dad, but he is not paying attention. He says he's very happy for her, but he's busy making a movie about Steph's very adorable little sister.
Speaker 2: I was like, Danny, that hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was just yeah. I was like, come on, Danny, like you have more than one child, you know, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's you know, but I guess in order we're playing up why Stephanie is just feeling so lack doubt and middle aged, middle aged but.
Speaker 1: Well middle child child syndrome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Stephanie responds, Daddy, I can be adorable too, and she starts to hula hoop again, with a huge smile and even more enthusiast.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I said it, like a like a lounge lizard singer or something like. I guess my enthusiasm is that was a choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just hamming it up, Jody, Oh, yeah, hamming it up. So Danny apologizing, apologizes, emphasizing that this tape is only about Michelle, so he'll have to watch her later. Steph is visibly hurt, by Danny's dismissal. Yeah, ouch, Danny.
Speaker 2: Danny, this you know, how rude?
Speaker 1: How that deserves a how rude?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Next week, cut to Joey's room, Jesse is on the phone with mister Dryer, promising him he'll have the Sweat World Health Club jingle first thing tomorrow morning. Jesse tells me a barrel of good ideas as he holds up a trash can full of crumpled up notes. Joey starts to throw the crumpled balls of paper at Jesse, prompting him to say, oh, another great idea, just hit me. Jesse hangs out the phone and immediately starts to throw handfuls of the crumpled paper back at Joey. Joey apologizes, admitting he's just frustrated because they have to get this jingle.
Speaker 2: Do they always have to do jingles in like a day? Is that I mean? I feel like they're always or is it just that they can't ever come up with something and they only work well at the last minute.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're procrastinators, like they've waited till the last minute, because you'd think they get more.
Speaker 2: Not one to talk, because that's how I work best as well. I just wondered if this was if that was like a thing that happens in the world of jingle writing that you get four hours emergency jingle that I need now, stat Yeah, where's the pre planning? You know?
Speaker 1: Like, come on, guys, I mean.
Speaker 2: They just started writing jingles. The fact that they're selling any is pretty remarkable. So true, give I'm sure?
Speaker 1: So Jolly ponders, Okay, what is the problem. I'm a funny guy. It must be you. Jesse insists, this isn't the time to start turning on each other. He acknowledges how this particular jingle is taking a little extra time because they are holding out for quality. He concludes, Now check the trash again. Joey uncrumples a rap jingle they did three days ago. They hated it before, but they decided to give it another chance. The boys begin beat boxing and I begin cringing.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, yes it was. But here's what I will say. When they started, I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't don't.
Speaker 2: It was better than I thought it was going to turn out. Okay, and that's all I happened. That's it. It wasn't white as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, but it was. I was expecting a like a like a full body experience, and that wasn't quite that cringeworthy.
Speaker 1: It was just like, well, it didn't get worse as it went.
Speaker 2: Like they did it. It was great. We did it and it It could have been a lot they could have It could have been a lot more.
Speaker 1: Could have been worse. Well, I will give John and Dave credit. Like they sold it like they sold it. They didn't.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. They sold it they it was. It was supposed to be terrible, So that was okay, Like it was supposed to be cringeworthy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the actors did the act right, They did their job.
Speaker 2: They did it cringeworthy, but without it being like oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, without people turning the channel.
Speaker 2: Just the right amount of cream. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they end the jingle with great energy. The audience roars and applause, and Jesse admits that stinks, with Joey completely agree. Stephanie hops down the stairs with her hula hoop, announcing that she broke the first grade record. She begins her journey to one hundred and three hula hoops and again Jesse and Joey are uninterested. Jesse gets up and grabs the hula hoop, forcing her to stop. Joey says they'll watch her do it later. Stephanie sighs. Later, I'm beginning to hate that word, Jesse apologizes, explaining that he and Joey are under tremendous pressure, which.
Speaker 2: They had probably created themselves.
Speaker 1: But yes, yes, but at least work is a better excuse than Dan. I mean, I know Danny was working too.
Speaker 2: But not being as adorable as your younger sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that was, you know, maybe a better excuse. They could have been a little less dismissive of you, though. Just then DJ walks in and asks the guys for help with her science homework.
Speaker 2: Also, I just have to say, everyone in this episode is wearing bang in sweaters. Just late eighties.
Speaker 1: Peewitch your metric. We got three D sweat.
Speaker 2: I have a dog butt on the back of my sweatshirt. There's like the dog on the front and then it's just the dog tail and back legs on the back of me.
Speaker 1: It looks like Clifford the Red Dog is who it looks.
Speaker 2: It does look a little bit like that. Yeah, it's a Scottie. Ah, it's a red Scottie dog.
Speaker 1: Scotty Scottie dogs. Why would they so popular?
Speaker 2: Back to the Scottie dogs. This is yeah the thing. But but yeah, everyone was wearing really epic sweaters.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and is this the one DJ's wearing. I don't know what's I couldn't identify who was on her sweater? Was it a bell hop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a bell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a bell bell. That's such a random character to have on a sweater. But okay it was it was Ladies nine who cared?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's definitely unique.
Speaker 2: You could put anything on a sweater and someone would wear it in the late ladies.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Stephanie tells DJ, sorry, you're gonna have to wait till later. Uncle Jesse and Joey are under tremendous pressure, but DJ begs she has to build some kind of homemade thingy so she's able to drop an egg from two stories without breaking it, and it's due tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I remember doing this with Zoe.
Speaker 1: Oh my kids having to build the egg drop.
Speaker 2: Thing, and it was much like this, where it was like, hey, it's due when you know, like tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Why do kids do this?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: This is universal. They all wait till the last minute, and then you're like, ah, and you got to go to the store and the thing because.
Speaker 2: Everybody else is there panic buying something yet yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, all in the same boat. So this gets Jesse's attention, and he asks why her teacher only gave her one day to do it. DJ explains how she was given a little more than a day, maybe a day or two or twenty mm hmm. Jesse asks why she waited until the last minute, and DJ corrects him, Technically, the last minute isn't until eight fifty nine tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: This is like having an argument with my kids. This is so relatable, and I've literally said the same thing, like you should think about law school. You're great, You're just great at coming up with rebuttals.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's very good argumentatives. Oh yeah, I think I said the law school thing too. So DJ tells them that if she fails this science project, she won't get out of the sixth grade. She runs over to Joey, leaning her head on his shoulder and begs for help. Joey gives in and Jesse mocks, oh, sure, go right to mister softy. Jesse insists he needs Joey's concentration to help write a good jingle, and they need to do it right now. After very minimal thinking, Jesse caves, let's help the kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the procrastinators. I was gonna say, they don't want to do their thing either, So it's just a chain of procrastination.
Speaker 1: Yes, procrastinators helping procrastinators. Yeah, later though later yes.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure.
Speaker 1: So a few months later, we're in the kitchen. Stephanie is hula hooping in the kitchen and is almost to her record when DJ bumps into her on her one hundred and second spin. That was like such an older sibling, things would have.
Speaker 2: Been thrown were it not full house, you know what I mean, that would have been that would have been reason.
Speaker 1: For the kids to attack each other. I'm sure, so petty, so petty. So do you think DJ did it on purpose or you think it was an accident?
Speaker 2: It seemed sort of like an accident. But I also feel like, having seen how sibling dynamics played out, there are a lot of accidents that happened in my house where you're like, I've watched you trip them. No, my foot. I just I don't know it happened.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, yeah, god's a lot of rewriting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going on all the time. We were like that was intentional? No was it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Was And you're like, I can't prove it, but I know it.
Speaker 1: I just know it.
Speaker 2: So I think I think that's one of those can't prove it, but I know.
Speaker 1: DJ apologizes, sorry, Steph, but you happen to be hooping in my laboratory. Joey and Jesse begin gathering supplies around the kitchen for DJ's egg drop. Jesse suggests a suitcase full of cotton. DJ reads out loud, rule number twenty six, no suitcases full of cotton. Stephanie emphasizes to Jesse that they told her they were too busy to play, but now they're playing with DJ, so unfair.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jesse explains that they aren't playing. It's for school, and DJ chimes in this happens to be a sixth grade science project. Stephanie looks at DJ and sarcastically comments, well, pina rows on your nose, there we go. It's the first one, right.
Speaker 2: At the first pin row. I think that is the first pinaros.
Speaker 1: That's the first prose on your nose.
Speaker 2: That was Steph's kind.
Speaker 1: Of alt yeah uh cat catchphrase nose yeah yeah, and you delivered it so great. It was so funny. How and I see you start to break a little bit, like you know you're funny, You knew just how funny you were.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought it was so hard, not like jokes were funny. They made me laugh, And it was like, and you know, being the brain that I have, it was like there was part of me that was doing the thing, and then the other part was like watching, and then you're like, no, no, no, don't I have to be all in, all inside.
Speaker 1: Yes, stay in the moment.
Speaker 2: Stay in the moment, stay in the moment. Yeah, but no, it was you know, when you get a huge laugh from an audience at five years old, Oh better, there's nothing better like it. Actually, I'm always impressed when kids don't break because think about a kid in a classroom cracking jokes that you know, that's what they want. They love it, it makes them laugh. But like you gotta just say the joke and keep going.
Speaker 1: Keep going. It's a skill. It's definitely a skill that you have to practice. Yeah, be good.
Speaker 2: I still laugh at my own jokes. It's not I haven't learned that skill yet.
Speaker 1: So DJ remarks with some attitude, you're just too young to understand, and Steph sadly walks away.
Speaker 2: And with her bad perm. Steph and her bad perm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was you're a little frizzy, you're a.
Speaker 2: Little you know what happened? That was when I had permed my hair and we it got left in too long. Oh no, and it like legit fried my hair and I don't think my hair ever quite recovered after that.
Speaker 1: Really, it was particularly long, and it.
Speaker 2: Was particularly like, Yeah, I think that was one of the it was a like a oh no, oh, you know when you leave that perm stuff on your head. Yeah. I think it was like an extra fifteen minutes or something. Oh no, yeah, yes, that was the last of my perms.
Speaker 1: It's a good thing.
Speaker 2: You were cute and my hair.
Speaker 1: Rip Jody's hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Joey Waltz is over to the table with a great idea for the science project. We put the egg inside Nature's perfect shock absorber, a twinkie.
Speaker 2: Made by nature, made by nature, made by nature. Yeah, nothing unnatural about a twinkie, that's for sure. No, nothing, nothing.
Speaker 1: Hard but you know what, though they tasted better in the eighties.
Speaker 2: I'll give them that. Honkeys were delicious in the eighties. Now, yeah, it tastes like glass.
Speaker 1: Oh. I haven't had a Twinkie in so long.
Speaker 2: I had one. Remember with the Great Debacle when the Twinkies they went away and they were like, oh my god, there's no more Twinkies, and right, so I was like, I haven't had a Twinkie in year. So I when they came back, I bought one, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, this tastes like crap.
Speaker 2: It tastes it was not it is not the Twinkie of my youth.
Speaker 1: Say that that's disappointing. I mean I'm sure it was. I mean like two percent healthier without any of the like.
Speaker 2: No, two percent less healthy. I'm sure it was like it was they just made it with like corn syrup instead of actual sugar or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's well, that's a bummer tweets, you know, not that.
Speaker 2: No, if Twinkies wants to sponsor this podcast, nothing against you, guys.
Speaker 1: I was just saying, yeah, true, Twinkies were a critical part of your childhood in the eighties, no doubt. So Joey takes a bite of the Twinkie, puts the egg inside and let's her rip. The egg splatters all over the table. Stephanie turns around and questions, and I'm too young for this, she sh and she.
Speaker 2: Leaves great delivery with my lisp and my like crossbite. So much of that the way that I spoke was because my I had the crossbite with my jaw, so my jaw just naturally goes over to the side to say my essays. It still does that a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, hey, that's it added. It added a lot of spice to your delivery.
Speaker 2: It's a speech therapy, yeah, she sh it was like out of the side of my mouth. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in the living room, Michelle has headphones and a cassette player strapped to her waist as she dances and sings la la la, la la.
Speaker 2: What song is she singing? What are you listening? Whatever Adria could get her to just there was probably nothing. It was probably she was like, put this on your head and say.
Speaker 1: La la la la la. Yeah, put that little walkman, the cassette player.
Speaker 2: I was like that with a cord and then the crappy little foam headlones.
Speaker 1: Crappy, foam things where you can hear everything except song that you're trying to listen to. Oh man, I miss those things.
Speaker 2: Those we're not noise canceling.
Speaker 1: No. Danny sits on the entryway steps filming her, and steph walks right in front of the camera and interrupts, Okay, daddy, it's later.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Danny tells her that Michelle was just singing the cutest little song, and Stephanie says, I learned a new song in school today, and she starts to sing. I write the songs.
Speaker 2: By the great, wonderful Barry Manilow, Barry Manilo, who I've seen in concert.
Speaker 1: I will tell you you have.
Speaker 2: Did he sing I write this not necessarily my Yes, he did actually, and I was like, oh yeah, like I say, isn't necessarily my choice to go see Barry Manilo, But I don't regret it. He was pretty pretty impressive. That's just not a Verry Manilow fan. Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean he went against your will, but you appreciate it.
Speaker 2: But I appreciate Yeah, he was great. I mean this is fifteen years ago, but anyway, Okay, Yeah, I write the songs that make the whole.
Speaker 1: You were very good at this, very good at this.
Speaker 2: Why are they teaching that song in first grade? Though?
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's a really odd choice. It's because our writer.
Speaker 2: I think that's because they were, like, no, make it the weirdest thing possible. Why wouldn't a first heard her be singing Barry manelo. Hey, it's full house logic, right, And even Danny has a good joke about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he says, as happy as I am to hear that the public schools are keeping that song alive. I really have to get some footage of Michelle singing her little song. Steph looks at Michelle and sighs, you think you're so cute. Michelle responds, don't worry, be happy.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what she was listening to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, yeah, the Bobby McFerrin l L LA.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, that's what you're singing. Yeah, be happy. That's what I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 1: Okay, that works. That works, and Stephanie admits, oh, no, you are so cute and she walks away sadly. So up in DJ and Stephanie's room, Steph is standing in her room singing, I write the songs in her toy.
Speaker 2: Microphone Carrie hookey for one, like, which is a very Japanese way to do it, very okly for one. But yeah, yeah it's really a sad child. Yeah, I really My heart broke for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were just ignored by every single person in the house. Yeah, I felt for her too. So she sighs and says, sorry, mister Bear, my heart is just not in it. She gets into bed and hugs him, mentioning he's probably more interested in DJ and Michelle just like everyone else. Stephanie realizes that nobody cares what she does. We see a dissolve and we hear a musical cue that signals it's going into a dream sequence.
Speaker 2: Right, several dream sequence is coming.
Speaker 1: Oh I love this. Nothing like a full house dream sequence. Yeah, to just get this.
Speaker 2: And Steph had several dream sequences throughout the UH, throughout the years. There was this one, there's the big dancing episode. There's a there's another one too somewhere that's like Steph's dream sequence. Yeah. Oh, Steph has very vivid, very vivid imagination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got stunts, you got costume, like, you got everything in these dreams. Yeah. So in this dream sequence, we see Danny, Joey and Jesse hovering over Michelle telling her how great she is. When Stephanie walks in wearing a pink astronaut suit, I was wear that.
Speaker 2: Now, I want a pink astronaut. Can you I would totally rock a pink astronaut onesie like that. You would? You really absolutely would wear that. Would wear a I mean minus the helmet maybe, although with my proclivity for falling down it could be helpful, but like I would so wear that. And I remember going for the fittings for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me, tell me my God was like.
Speaker 2: Like I just remember, like I didn't like having the helmet on my head. Helmets make me kind of weirdly claustrophobic, Yeah I can, but it was like big enough that it was okay, and it was just like a regular like white helmet that they then put like the pink like the padding and all the stuff around it and my little antenna yeah, the antennas. Yeah, and uh but yeah, I remember going for the fitting because they basically like made a little flight suit for they had to construct construct me in a flight suit, and then it was like I think there were like uh snow boots, like pink snow boots basically was what these were. Okay, yeah, and it was. And the gloves were like I think they were like hockey gloves or something. They just spray painted pink and it was so hot. It was so hot that costume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you got to wear it for this whole dream.
Speaker 2: Seat right, for the whole dream sequents. And and then of course they had to do a special fitting because it had a harness that I had to wear underneath the suit, which was, like we've talked about it before, the weird harness sort of thing is like a like one of those plastic swing things that you see for babies. You kind of step into that, but then it's you know, you got to run the cords through the thing to your back and all this stuff. So yeah, it was quite a contraption to have to wear it underneath. And then with the with the full spacesuit on.
Speaker 1: They just they loved putting you in harnesses and like flying you across the rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you have fly just flinger around the room. Yeah, it's how many times I've flown through that set that time. Then in Fuller and they didn't use it. Yeah, yeah, they didn't use it. I don't use yeah, yeah, but I loved it. I was like, this is great, I got to do something. I was so excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to do a stunt like you could have earned your stunt card after.
Speaker 2: That, because they certainly won't let you do it now. But I mean maybe if you're like, you know, an adult.
Speaker 1: They will. But yeah, but they would not put child.
Speaker 2: Left drown on on a hovering children of eight feet above the ground.
Speaker 1: These days, the standards and practices have changed. Yeah, nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: But I'm so glad I got to do it because it was fun.
Speaker 1: It was this is just this, this whole scene is so freaking amazing. I loved it. So Stephanie announces that she has just returned from Mars, where she was the first kid in space.
Speaker 2: I went first.
Speaker 1: This is so impressive. Mars Baby, Mars baby, and without looking, Danny halfheartedly says, oh that's nice, honey, wipe your feet. Danny, Joey, and Jesse focus their attention back on Michelle, all pulling out massive camcorders to tape her rights. Just an army of camcorders is aggressive, Yeah, Danny exclaims, she did it. She blinked, and they all gush in unison, she's so cute, like.
Speaker 2: This is so annoying that, which really is what it takes to an older sibling when you're like, oh my, you just breathed and everything's cute.
Speaker 1: Everyone's falling all over themselves for right, the easiest thing to accomplish. Yep, it's so funny. So Stephanie walks over and asks if anyone heard her say she went to Mars. Jesse dismissively waves his hand at her, saying later. He then asks Joey to tell Michelle what she's won for being so cute and adorable. Joey uses his announcer voice to say, well, Jess cute, adorable, blinking, Michelle has one Stephanie's bike, and Jesse pulls out Steph's pink bike from around the couch. This is so this like my bike, your bike that you worked so hard you sold all of those?
Speaker 2: Is this the Is this the one that? I?
Speaker 1: I think? So, I don't know, Yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: Go with that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah you worked hard?
Speaker 2: Well, No, that was that was the earlier bike. Then, I think, wasn't there another bike? I think we've had several.
Speaker 1: Bikes any ridden you've ridden a bike.
Speaker 2: The bike in it was very important to Steph and Michelle is not big enough to even ride it. So no, no, she's still riding those plastic that's the that's the point, right. So that's how Steph is seeing. Everything is like everyone hates me. Everyone everyone is it's everyone is.
Speaker 1: Such an exaggerated scene, it's so funny. So Stephanie shouts my bike, and Michelle declares my bike. Stephanie reiterates how she just got back from Mars, asking what do I get? The doorbell rings and the guys respond get the door. Steph opens the front door and a red carpet rolls out while a trumpet plays. She thinks it's all for her and then gets a rude awakening when DJ struts in. DJ shoes her aside, get off my rug NERD Bomber, and the guys all shout in unison, DJ jumping up to greet her with a crown, a cape and a wand Stephanie asks what she did to deserve the praise, and DJ proudly announces I went to the mailbox and got the mail. Wow. Wow. Stephanie tries to gain some attention showing everyone how she learned to float after traveling to Mars. Yeah, and she floats to the top of the sets.
Speaker 2: I sapped my little wings, flat your flings, and then I flew. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I love that you They weren't even trying to hide the wires like you can see them, though they were, But that's.
Speaker 2: Just as that was. I mean, what were you gonna do? They were trying to hide the wires, but at some point you just go like ew, yeah, that's probably why there were those two little antenna there. Oh just sort of look maybe cover I don't know.
Speaker 1: To kind of cover up the wires there. Yeah, yeah, okay, I'll take that. But it was just this is so this is peak eighties, peak eighties sitcom stuff right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So distracted by DJ, the men all guide DJ to the couch and ask her about her trip to the mailbox. Jesse compliments talk about guts. DJ nods her head and says it was scary, guys, there were cracks in the sidewalk. Stephanie is meanwhile flapping her arms, flying above her family, shouting you who appear and it's flying and nobody looks up, nobody cares. Nobody cares.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 1: Jesse tells DJ it's time to get her party started. Patrick Swayzee is in there and he wants the first dance. DJ happily states I love being the firstborn, and they all head for the kitchen while Steph remains floating in the air. It so rude. Oh, this is just the greatest.
Speaker 2: Just hanging around, just hanging around, hanging around.
Speaker 1: So Danny finally acknowledges Steph, asking, oh hey, while you're up there, could you dust the top of the mantle. He throws her a rag and disappears into the kitchen. Stephanie sways back and forth in the air and sadly responds, how rude. It's you know, they called for a how rude?
Speaker 2: That definitely no. That was such a funny scene though, and like the everybody just hit the tone perfect with the guys and DJ and Mischie Shell all playing this sort of over exaggerated version of like what Stephanie sees in her head.
Speaker 1: It was really funny, it was. It was so creative, It was well written and well acted. You're right, ye had you had to make it just sarcastic and just over exaggerated enough, right so that you know, it's this isn't real. It's a dream sequence exactly in case you mean right the music. So we dissolved back to present day Stephanie laying on her bed with mister Bear. How very rude, she says as she shakes her head. Harry knocks on the door and walks in cheerfully with his camera. He greets her high chief. I want to get a picture of you and your hoop for my scrap book. Like Harry, I just love this guy, like he's making the only one giving you attention. Wants a picture of you for his scrap book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I beat the record, Thanks Harry.
Speaker 1: He's the only proud of you. And oh, I just everyone needs a Harry. You know, when Harry finds someone who looks at you the way Harry he looks at Stephanie. True, So Stephanie gives him like a half of a smile and he snaps the picture. Steph tells him he's the only one who cares about her. He reassures her that her family cares, but Stephanie disagrees. DJ is the oldest and Michelle is the cutest, and I'm nothing. Steph's sighs, wishing she could move out, but she says she's stuck there until she gets married. Harry admits tough break, and then Stephanie gets a realization. Unless you marry me, Harry gets a big smile on his face. Marry you. I'm not even allowed to cross a street. It's so sweet. Steph responds, married people are allowed, and this gets Harry's attention. He shrugs, Okay, I'll marry you.
Speaker 2: Hey for crossing the street privileges. Basically, I mean it's almost like a green card to a child, you know, Yes, like I need a green card to live in this country. I need to be married so I can cross the street.
Speaker 1: It's right, that makes perfect sense. Yes, that is. That's the incentive for Harry, is he just wants across the street.
Speaker 2: I just want across the street by myself.
Speaker 1: So Stephanie tells him he has to propose, because a girl waits her whole life for this moment. She throws a pillow on the ground and tells him to get down on one knee. He applied. He obliges, okay, chief, and once he's down, he tells her, I can see up your nose. Such a kid thing to say, Stephanie says Harry, this is supposed to be romantic. He apologizes, and then he corrects himself. I can see up your nose, darling. Steph insists that they get married today. She'll call their friends and they'll get a house so they won't have to put up with DJ and Michelle anymore.
Speaker 2: Great, I'm solved.
Speaker 1: Stephanie is a problem solver and and I appreciate that about her. She announces, I'll be Stephanie Takeyama and Harry grins and I'll be Harry Tanner and they shake on it. What a progressive relationship.
Speaker 2: And I like that. Incredibly progressive. They stare. Harry and Staff really set the tone for what for like, relationship goals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are, they are goals.
Speaker 2: Supportive. He lets her live her dream. She's like, here's how we're doing it. He's like, all right, whatever you need. Chief, Like, it's just they haven't.
Speaker 1: He takes her last name like a great, it's perfect, it's such it were prostype man. Yeah, it's so so good relationship goals, like you said.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So next we cut to the living room, where DJ, Jesse and Joey are at the top of the living room stairs with her big prototype. This is the first time we've shot a scene like up there in that little I.
Speaker 2: Think there's maybe been like like a shot up there, but it's not it's not a great angle, so it's not something that you like to shoot often, and you probably as a director, you'd have to push your cameras into the stage, so then you'd have to reset and do all that stuff to Cuney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember them moving the furniture out of the way so they could push the cameras inside the set, and yeah, that's just tedious, So I can see why they didn't shoot up there all the time. So the egg is resting in between a tinker toy frame nestled in one of Michelle's booties. Joey begins the countdown, starting at one hundred, but Jesse begs him to stop. Huh, and Joey restarts at five. Just as the egg is being dropped, the doorbell rings. Danny shouts he'll get it, and right on time, dj drops the tinker toy frame. It hits the floor and bounces the egg in the air, which Danny catches and breaks with his hands. How many times did they have to do this like? That?
Speaker 2: Is right? I was looking at I was like, how did they shoot? Like, there's it's definitely broken up into a couple of shots. But him catching the egg and squeezing it was yeah, that was that was good. I bet someone was laying on the ground and like throwing the egg up so that he could catch it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, because eggs don't bounce in that even with that tinker toy situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because it was not you can't rely on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I bet someone was laying down there, yeah, throwing him the egg.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: So DJ opens the front door and we see Stephanie's friends. They're here for the wedding. DJ directs them to the backyard and Joey and Jesse watch as a whole line of kids walk past them. Joey asks who they are, and Jesse jokes that's dopey, sneezy, blanky, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Where how okay, again with just how did they get here? They all take a bus.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the parents who drove them.
Speaker 2: They came across the street. But they can all drive here. And yeah, it feels like it's been pretty quick, you man. Steph just rallied up twenty kids like, hey, I need you in my backyard now, and they are on it. Yeah, dressed, ready to go, and there in my Miami vice outfit. Hold on please, I mean, and the one kid's got a caller. Well, he says his dad's a minister, so he probably borrowed up.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so he dressed the part. Yeah, but they I didn't think, how do the kids get there? How did the kids get there at all? Coordinated?
Speaker 2: I will say one thing that the Tanners know how to do well is throw an impromptu backyard wedding.
Speaker 1: Yes, they do better.
Speaker 2: We're like, oh easy, cake, twenty people and an entire party in the backyard. Done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's like no problem, no problem, no no lead time necessary, just instant, just an instant party in the back yard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really was. I was surprised that all these kids showed up.
Speaker 1: Hey, Steph is a mover and a shaker, and I love that about her. So dj tells the guys that they have to go back to the drawing board for her experiment, but Jesse tells her they got to work on the jingle. Joey suggests they try slowing it down, and Jesse assumes he's talking about the jingle. Joey puts his hand over Jesse's mouth when he tries to sing a Sinatra type ballad, telling him to stop. Joey explains that he thinks a handkerchief will work as a parachute for the egg. He follows DJ upstairs to try it, and this leaves Jesse by himself announcing, well, our careers are over, but we're going to pass sixth grade science. Wait up, the prastinators are.
Speaker 2: Still Science is hard, you know, it's it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: All these things seemed easy until you give it twenty five years and then you go back and try to do it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not so easy. So now we are in the backyard this infamous wedding scene. Oh man, when I say, I was excited to watch this. All the kids are outside mingling before the wedding.
Speaker 2: Cocktail hour one.
Speaker 1: It's right, it's the cocktail hour. There's no past or dervs, but that's right. One of the friends is going to be the officiant because his dad is a minister, and he addresses the group of kids music. The kids all start to play their kazoos.
Speaker 2: Where did they get to kazoos? Did they all have kazoos. Who's handing out the kazoos? A thirty zoos in the Tanner household.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I just assume Steph like has a wedding planner, who had, you know, arranged for for twenty kazoos to be cast out? You know, that's it's you.
Speaker 2: Know what, you know, you know who got those kazoos?
Speaker 1: Harry.
Speaker 2: Harry got those cazozos because Steph said she wanted it. And he was like, don't worry, Chief, I got you.
Speaker 1: And so he just kept walking, not crossing streets, but just kept walking like in a circle to find.
Speaker 2: Just Ken's walking right, if you just kept making a big enough right, he kind of could make progress looping around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is the best partner. Oh man, So Stephanie walks down the aisle dressed in a poofy white dress carrying red roses. You are so adorable in your tights, hit and.
Speaker 2: You're thank you, And I think those were Actually they're not roses. They are they're pogonias, and they're pulled out of one of the they're like supposed to look like they're out of one of the pots in the backyard.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's great, that's hysterical.
Speaker 2: They're just kind of leafy like yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, they're not yeahs structured as a bouquet.
Speaker 2: I mean, we didn't have the budget nor the time to get to the florist.
Speaker 1: So had to make do. I had to make do. And I love that. Your train is a roll of parchment paper like this is this is genius. This is so crazy.
Speaker 2: Steph is like she's on it. She's like, I need a train. I know where I can get one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Steph has been picturing this wedding for her whole life.
Speaker 2: And the girl holding the train is Alison Richmond.
Speaker 1: Keith r, a D's daughter, So you know, yes, oh that's so great. I love that, you know, just Builton friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't notice if Jamie and or Hillary were in there. I don't think they were because I wasn't directing them. Joelden direct this episode, so probably not, but probably.
Speaker 1: Not, but Allison was. That's great. So the officiant begins the ceremony. We are gathered here today to join Stephanie and Harry in Holy Match Triss Money. That is the best. These little kiddims are so great.
Speaker 2: There's so great. Yeah, Holy Mattress Money that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Harry references this very line in thirty years later in Fuller House, when you guys have that scene, he references Holy Mattress money. Yeah, h full circle. It's so amazing, Harry. Do you take Stephanie and Harry shrugs, I'll take her anywhere, because after we're married, we can cross the street.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They we can hang a left wherever we want.
Speaker 1: They're going to travel the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crossing a cross street, crossing all the streets.
Speaker 1: Then it's time for the wedding bows. Not the bows, but bows. I was like, yes, Harry turns to steph bowing, and then Stephanie gives him a little curtsy.
Speaker 2: So great, very respectful. I'm pretty sure that that was something they did in like medieval times you had to bow at. Yeah. It was taking about.
Speaker 1: Custom and very custom, the deep traditions right back when you like, there was no like you had not kissed the groom before your wedding day, Like there.
Speaker 2: Was no they hadn't hadn't even seen me, the veil, didn't even know, never met me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm telling you this is a progressive relationship. Yep. As for the ring, Harry pulls out a stick on tattoo of Scooby Doo and he puts it on STEP's hand.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, that's really as official as anything that.
Speaker 1: If that doesn't scream love, I don't know what does I mean.
Speaker 2: If you're like, this is this is the thing that I'm absolutely one hundred percent is my commitment, then Scooby Doo tattoo it you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that threw me. I thought he was pulling out a box of cracker Jacks out of his pocket.
Speaker 2: It was, but there wasn't a ring in it. It was That was sort of the joke was did you get a ring? I was like, well, no, the tattoo tattoo instead. It would have been it would have been too perfect if there would have been a plastic ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, tattoo is perfect. Perfect. Yeah, Steph loves her tattoo, showing the group of friends as they all to.
Speaker 2: Steph's first tattoo.
Speaker 1: Oh dear right, this is where it all began.
Speaker 2: This is where yeah, well, so many things, yeah.
Speaker 1: Weddings, tattoos, yeah, all of it.
Speaker 2: Backyard. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The officiant pronounces them man and wife and says you may kiss the bride. Stephan Harry look at each other saying ew. The boy tells them if you don't kiss, you're not really married. Steph sticks out her hand and shields her eyes. Harry gives her a peck on the hand, and Steph admits he's not a bad kisser.
Speaker 2: I think I remember being really embarrassed to have to say that line because it was very much in the like you ick, So saying like he's not.
Speaker 1: A bad kiss her was like embarrassing and embarrassing. Yeah, oh man, that's that's it was. It came off so adorable this whole scene.
Speaker 2: This you've gotten married in the backyard twice. I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 1: You've been married twice in the backyard. Neither time did Danny walk you down the aisle.
Speaker 2: Well, it's because of this episode, because obviously Danny doesn't like me, obviously because I'm noticing, right, So that's what it is. This is just a through Yeah, yeah, a through line, really long storyline all the way through.
Speaker 1: So true. And I got to say, I wish you had stayed with Harry. He's a much better fit for you than Jimmy Gibbler. And I say that as Jimmy Gibbler's.
Speaker 2: Sister said that I know, I know Harry was a better fit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we go back to the living room. At the top of the stairs, DJ is there with her egg safely in a parachute. She drops it and it works. Jesse, Joey, and DJ all cheer in excitement. DJ thanks them, saying they're geniuses. Joey responds, quoting Edison, and genius is one percent inspiration and ninety nine percent perspiration. DJ doesn't quite follow this, and Jesse simplifies it. If you don't sweat it, you don't get it, and suddenly they have their jingle. Yay. Finally, the procrastination seemed to be.
Speaker 2: Very Just throw an egg off a balcony and suddenly ideas come to you.
Speaker 1: It comes to you. Danny walks into the living room backwards as he continues to film Michelle on her plastic wheeling pony. Stephanie walks in with Harry around her arm and announces I was married this afternoon. Harry looks at Danny and smiles, Hi, Dad, I laughed so hard at that line.
Speaker 2: The way he delivered it was perfect.
Speaker 1: It was so innocent.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: He's so thrilled that Danny is now his father in law. He's been waiting for this moment. Stephanie says goodbye to her family, adding that it's been a rate six years. She turns to her husband and decides it's time to go house hunting. Yeah, but Harry says no because he has to go home. What I know, Steph Chase is after him, but he says he has to go home because it's meat loaf night. How rude, right, leaving you a bride alone?
Speaker 2: Kick her while she's down? You know, it's just you.
Speaker 1: Can't even get Harry to stay on your wedding night. Yeah. Wow, of course, Stephanie.
Speaker 2: Be pretty damn delicious.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, hey, I wouldn't miss meat loaf night either. Stephanie turns around and complains that nobody wants her. Danny reassures her that the family does want her. Steph tells him that no one cared when she broke the hula hoop record or when she went to Mars. Everyone begins to apologize to steph but she refuses to accept, as she will always be stuck in the middle. Danny and Jesse help her realize that, hey, the middle isn't so bad like ay sandwich or the center of an Oreo.
Speaker 2: I would have given I would have given peeb and j as the sandwich, not baloney. Maybe it's just because I'm not a fan of bolooney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, bolooney is the weirdest of all the processes.
Speaker 2: I feel like being compared to a slice of bolooney is not it's kind of it's not the well, it's not the it's not the hype up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not as classic as Peebe and Joy.
Speaker 2: I've been roasted turkey breast in the middle of two, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That would be Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Blooney kind of feels like mah.
Speaker 1: Blooney feels very eighties, late eighties though, you know, it's like, well it was very I don't know what's in it. Yeah, you know that these were the times. Yeah, got a blooney sandwich. So they also mentioned that Steph is the only one in the family who has a big sister and a little sister. DJ chimes in that she's getting depressed now so far, I'm the soggy part of the sandwich and the throwaway part of the cookie.
Speaker 2: At least she's not bolooney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, a good point. Danny pulls Steph aside to make sure she comes to him the next time she feels left out. Steph doesn't know about this husband thing either, admitting one whiff of their mom's meat loaf and they're gone.
Speaker 2: Oh, Steph, do I got some things to tell you?
Speaker 1: If those are her standards at age?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh. Steph gives hugs all around, and Danny pulls out his video recorder to film Steph singing I write the songs while hula hooping, and Michelle covers her ears, which which I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if she meant to do that or if, like, if that was in the script. It probably was just a toddler thing where you start singing and they're like stop. They're like it's like a Pavlovian response, right, They're like, oh, I just stop doing that because they've learned no.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was very funny, though.
Speaker 1: It was like Michelle's perfectly timed. Yeah, Michelle's just fed up with the Tanners.
Speaker 2: It was just a very crazy, like toddler thing to do. Like all the family's doing something and you know, two three year old is just like.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not doing this. She's not she's not here for that.
Speaker 2: I will say this this episode, maybe one of hula hoop again?
Speaker 1: Did it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Now?
Speaker 1: Is that a skill you had to learn for this episode?
Speaker 2: Or was I was? I was adept at hula hooping. I could do you know, multi multiple huloop excuse me a hiccup. I could do multiple hula hoops.
Speaker 1: Nice. Oh wow, okay, so you.
Speaker 2: Were I mean I was not like one of those you know disolay people with like five hundred that's like doing the whole thing on my body now. But I could do like four or five of them and keep them going for a little bit, you know, few revelations. I don't know how it would be now. My friend uh had a hula hoop, but it was like one of the big weighted ones and there were there. It's a lot, but man, my abs were great. Yeah, that's a good workout. When you're five, you know, six, you don't appreciate just how easy it is to hula hoop. Yeah, and then realized successful and you get older, right right yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my back hurts, My back urts.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And such a cute episode, Such a cute episode.
Speaker 1: I loved the storyline for you and the stunts you got to do.
Speaker 2: It was just this was a really fun episode for Steph. I enjoyed this one. I enjoyed filming it when I was a kid because you know, again it was costumes and stunts and hula hooping and you know, all kinds of wild and crazy things and that I loved doing that. It was exciting and fun and something different all the time. But yeah, it was I definitely remember being in that harness and there were a couple times where I was like, this is really uncomfortable, Like it like not did not feel great to be hanging in uh.
Speaker 1: Because all your weight goes against the harness, so it kind.
Speaker 2: Of probably the little crease in your legs there. It just like, yeah, not not particularly fun, but again glad I was able to do it.
Speaker 1: Do you know how long they kept you in that harness or there were there like rules again of how long kids could be in harvestiness, right, I mean, and then they got to pull you down.
Speaker 2: I don't mean, I don't know. I don't know what the rules are for suspending children in the air and how long you're allowed to do that.
Speaker 1: There's there wasn't a handbook for that.
Speaker 2: There wasn't. I'm sure there was back then, but now it's just a big no, right, but don't.
Speaker 1: Then it was like sure, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, just don't fling them around too hard, and you know, after twenty minutes take them out.
Speaker 1: And make sure they're still briefing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, but no, it was very fun.
Speaker 1: I love to do it, so I loved it. Did you have any everywhere you looks?
Speaker 2: This episode did have an everywhere you look go for it? Tell me, so, my everywhere you look this episode it's it's kind of it's small, but it's something I noticed. So in the scene where they're in Joey's room and they're in the basement, if you look at the shelf behind Joey's bed, there's like a Laurel and Hardy statue and there's like pink panther or whatever. Well there's a bear. It's a blue bear in an aviator outfit. And I think it was supposed to be like like Howard Hughes bear like that was. It had the navy beard of glasses and the leather jacket and the whole thing. But that bear is from the same company, and if you actually look at him, it's the same shape, head and bear and everything as mister Bear. It was the American Bear Company very popular, and that was I think the Howard Hughes they did, you know again the bears of like fame. There was like a maryln momro bear and a you know, Humphrey Bear gart and which.
Speaker 1: Was, Yeah, there's an Eronstein Bear a site. There's an eronstite with the hair. But I wondered if it was the same because I'm like, that looks kind of like mister Bear, but it's not mister Bear.
Speaker 2: So that the same company. Apparently we had a lot of those bears.
Speaker 1: That's great. I wonder if they're still made today or.
Speaker 2: Probably American Bear Company. I don't know, they might be. I had a few I've had, like the whole Little Muffy collection. They were like these little small bears that yeah, oh yeah, yeah, Oh.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: But that was where you look was the was the the distant cousin of mister Bear is in Joey's room.
Speaker 1: His cousins. His cousins are all cousins downstairs in Joey's room. Oh that's so sweet. Yeah, I do have one. I noticed the bears that was one of them. And then my other one is just I can't get past these parrots, Like Joey's room has three parrots in it, Like there's still the one upstairs in the alcove, but in Joey's room, you got the framed picture of a parrot in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: The in the mirror by the way, and one shot I see it right over his shoulder.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so it looks like even more than one parrot in the bathroom, the parrot that hangs over his bed. And then there's a plush parrot over on the bookshelf. It might be a two can it was a two kilt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's two baby. Maybe Joe he was just a really big fan of the Tiki room at Disneyland.
Speaker 1: That must be it. There we go. You know he liked those doll whips, those doll Yeah, grab a dole whip go in the Tiki room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that was it.
Speaker 1: That must have been it, because he'd yeah, they're definitely. We asked Jeff for like, what's with all the parrots, and Jeff's like, I don't know. That's a limb.
Speaker 2: It's a it's probably bright colorful, looks good in amongst things in the background.
Speaker 1: It's a good contrast to all the blue.
Speaker 2: And It's also incredibly random to have parrot things in your house, and Joey Gladstone is nothing if not random, so I feel like it was kind of picking up.
Speaker 1: They're like, just.
Speaker 2: Give him something weird a parrot?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Why not throw a two can on the shelf? Sure, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, and Howard Hughes, Bear and Einstein, just all of it, all of it. It's gotta love Joey's room. His room was always ripe with everywhere you look, oh for suressed for sure, and I.
Speaker 2: Feel like it changed every week. Well, thank you so much everybody for joining us for another fun episode of how Rude. Tanner Rito's this was This was one of my favorite episodes. I'm very excited to get to it because I had a lot of fun memories doing it, so so hope you enjoyed the episode. We had a great time. Make sure that you are following us on Instagram at how Rude Podcast. Make sure you're also liking and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening so that you can make sure and get all of the newest episodes as soon as they drop. Uh And we are excited to come back next week for another fun episode. We hope you guys will too, And remember everybody, wait, you can email us too, Remember that you can't email us at Howard podcast at gmail dot com. But most importantly, the world is small.
Speaker 1: But the house is full.
Speaker 2: Nailed it, nailed it. And the world's especially small if you have to make right turns because you can't cross the street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their world was very very small.
Speaker 2: Their world was a block, so just one now anyway,