Speaker 1: Does it ever feel like you're a marketing professional.
Speaker 2: Just speaking into the boyd boy Well.
Speaker 1: With LinkedIn ads, if you can know you're reaching the right decision makers. You can even target buyers by job title, industry, company, seniority skills. Wait, did I say job title yet? Get started today and see how you can avoid the void and reach the right buyers with LinkedIn ads. We'll even give you a one hundred dollars credit on your next campaign. Get started at LinkedIn dot com slash results. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 2: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is leading off Live. It is me, Joey p Jope's a here with me. Of course is the wotion, and it's all of you, my Peanuts and cracker Jacks hanging out talking a little baseball. We finally got the call up we've been waiting for. We've got a ton of injuries to talk about, a couple of big strikeout performances. But first and.
Speaker 3: Foremost, it's somebody's birthday. It's the birthday, hey boy, the Welsh turning twenty nine. I can only assume happy birthday, big guy. What are you doing on your special day?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: It's going to be sending you a bad letter for calling me big guy. That's at the top, the tippy top of the insults you can call someone that is big and tall. But yes, thank you very much. I think I even mentioned this greatest birthday present, Nick Kurtz coming to the majors, making his major league debut on my birthday. I couldn't ask for anything more. Also going up against Patrick Corbyn, which will be hilarious, just in full tow. But thank you very much, my friends. Glad to spend my birthday.
Speaker 2: With all of you. Yes, my Twitter timeline exploded all of a sudden, everyone from the show just sending me and tweeting at me Nick Kurtz, Nick Kurtz, Oh my god. I hadn't looked at it in a while. I was at practice, flag football stuff. I got big tournament this weekend, and when I checked after, oh boy, that was some fun, exciting news. So that was great to see. We sort of talked about it yesterday. I'm prospecting with the Welsh is that it's got to be this week. It has to be this week. Enough is enough. We were right. Thank god that video came out yesterday. Yeah, and uh, here we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I think. I mean it was like it would have been really irrelevant quick, but it was a good litmus test on the prospects. I think we have been hitting it very well for a couple of years, especially in the logical breakdowns across the board, and this was one of them. It's like, we were like, how can he get there? The only way that Nick Kurtz can get there, and he will is by Brent Rooker going in the outfield. Then he goes in the outfield, and that first day everyone's like, oh, it's just a dig off else and then it's more and more and we got there. It was literally it was the way to do it. The timeline makes sense. We got there, Nick Kurtz saving it for the birthday. It's beautiful and I think we're gonna put you guys always in a really good spot for these prospects. Bubba Chandler will be the next one we obsess over and that will come soon. But left hand left the action tonight, So hold your expectations a tiny bit. This is gonna be a tough one. Apparently Patrick Corbin has Spider Man like power after being bit by the Did you see that story when you were gone that.
Speaker 2: No, Arica saw nothing.
Speaker 4: And Arica and I bet against him, of course because it's Patrick Corbyn. And yeah, he looked like Clayton Kershaw. We found out after the game. Before the game he could barely walk because he got bit by a venomous spider. Patrick Corban did and he was he threw out like this amazing game. So I don't know, we'll see Nick Kurtz might need to. You know, we are venom.
Speaker 2: We are Nick. Yeah, fight Spider Man or spider bites around here. Well, happy birthday my friend. Oh my god, there it is there, It is there, it is yikes. Uh that looks painful.
Speaker 4: I just want to say, yeah, but it gave him his powers, so he's spider Man. Nick Kurtz will be venom.
Speaker 2: He better get a ton of spiders. Though it's a long season. He's gonna have to figure this out long last And uh, Patrick Corbyn, I'll still bet against him. But before we get to more headlines, I see the question is filing up. I love all the birthday. Love that Welsh's game here in the comments, that's fantastic. And of course don't forget we're on our Twitch live every single Monday through Friday noon, Twitch dot tv, Slash Fantasy Pros. We are also on YouTube every single day video on demand, So if you're watching on YouTube, subscribe drop your comments below why because you might win this bad Boy on a Nico Horner jersey signed by Nico Horner. Funny enough, Thanks to our good friends at Pristine Auction. All you need to do to win this bad Boy is subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB. Drop your comments below how excited you are about Nick Kurtz, or you just want to wish Welsh a happy birthday, which is actually a difficult thing to say, a lot of alliteration there. Any of those stupid comments could win you this jersey. So ring the belts of the Ghost Dings, you don't miss a moment of content, and we can let you know if you are the big winner. Let's talk about more big winners. Mad Max Max Meyer. What a performance. Fourteen strikeouts, six scoreless against the Reds. Era is at two ten as whip is at one point zero seven. This is the prince we were promised years ago. We waited so long for Max Meyer. But this outing Welsh, this one is going to put him in a whole different conversation because we've got, you know, questions here, here's JD. I've been using Meyer as my streamer. Now I know to keep him in and use a different bitcher in that spot. I agree, you have to leave him in there, Ober, Buobich Wesnsky. I don't know which one you prefer today of that grouping. I know Ober and Boombage on the mount, but you can pick the streamer. But let's talk about Max Meyer Welsh because he is now looking like the ace that that's what scouts were telling us he was going to become before all the injuries, before all the mismanagement. Now he has officially arrived. I feel like after last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I completely agree. I was actually watching this one live on my my personal twitch, the in this league twitch and because I had the Nurfy, so we were, you know, we were kind of sweating that out with Nicolodolo and Max. I love to sweat a good Nurfy, yeah, everyone does, especially on a birthday. But Meyer early on looked devastating. His slider looked absolutely devastating. Just yeah, there's just one in the first inning that it was just this early bite down low in the zone, and then when we look back on it, this is actually crazy. His four seam fastball, of the five pitches he threw yesterday, was the lowest usage of any pitch. His sinker was the third, you a third lowest usage, sixty four percent slider in changeup. He went secondaries on this. He induced twenty four whiffs. Mackenzie Gore. I think as a season leader with twenty eight in a game so far, Velo was up on the secondaries, down a little bit on the fastball. He had this. Wow, this is crazy. I didn't even see this. Seventy six percent with rate on his slider. Sixteen of twenty one swings were guys swinging through his slider, which is absolutely absurd. Forty percent on the change up, fifty percent on the sweeper. He's doing what any great pitcher does, is you take that fastball, you hit it in the zone when you can. And I think he ended up having yeah, eighty nine percent zone rate on his four team, seventy five on his sinker, and then you kill him with secondaries, and that is exactly what happened here. He is a big time strikeout pitcher. His command was as best as I've ever seen. It's one of the best outings I've ever seen. His pitch mix was impeccable. I think I agree here. Max Meyer moves way up that list. I think he's in the territory of like the McKinsey Gore, where I'm saying mackenzy Gore is like a top thirty thirty five type of sp I think Max Meyer is in that same general range. And shout out to that segment we did on Fantasy Fest with Lance Brasdowski where he was talking up some of those Marlins pitchers and Max Meyer being one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He also talked to Edward Cabrera. Yeah. H Not everything's.
Speaker 4: A winner, Joe. Not everything.
Speaker 2: Not everything is a winner. But Max Meyer certainly was. For sure. Did he get a bit by a spider? That's the only question, I might be. Whatever's going around, that's good. Walker Bueller was also good. One run, seven innings, struck out nine. Love that Patriots to day morning Baseball brunch in Baseball, Oh, hate it, hate it.
Speaker 4: It was like it was like halfway over before I will cup. I don't like that stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, East Coasters goes bias is ridiculous. Heat goes bias into hayuesh see my Vest, see my Vest. Will Detroit's new closer actually be the guy here? Will Vest second? Save here pitch the ninth Monday against the Padres. So is Will Vest officially the new closer of the Detroit Tigers.
Speaker 4: I'm not one hundred percent sure. They seem to have an easy rotation across the board. I think will right now, will Ves does look relatively ridiculous. It's a sub one era, a point six y two whip. He's probably going to get multiple opportunities here. His walks are a little high. We're gonna have to see if that kind of ends up blowing up. I would say right now, Will Vest is a really good like closing streamer to jump in on that. He might hold down the gig. But I do think it's a turnstile with the Tigers. I think it's like, oh, if he doesn't have it, they're going to go somewhere else. But yeah, at this point, there's not We're out of the like heavy investment inclosers or speculative closers that are out there, like, oh, this guy's kind of getting like everyone's picked up everybody. There are no pegans. And there's no Justin Martinez is and no Luke Jackson's. There really is nobody. So we really have to start playing the the setup game the eighth inning guys. You know, people are talking about yoho, who's getting picked up by the bruis, Like you gotta you gotta play the eighth inning guys for speculative saves. This is not so I would go pick up the will of vests?
Speaker 2: Uh trick, quick trivia question here for you. Welh, what was mister Burns's vest made out of? In the famous see My Vest song, My vest, see my vest made Is that real?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 4: Is that from the Simpsons?
Speaker 2: Yes? See my Vest as a classic episode.
Speaker 4: Probably made out of like children's tears or something.
Speaker 2: Come on, let's go.
Speaker 4: I have no idea, Jackson.
Speaker 2: You guys know it. Put the trivia question out there. In the meantime, let's get some real questions out here we have. Is Max the new Ace of Miami? Maybe perhaps he is? Uh, let's get to this one too. I want to say, is Christian Walker, who we're going to talk about in the Buy Sell video today. We're going to record that right after the show, so be on the Lookout subscribe to the YouTube channel. Christian Walker is somebody dropped on Waivers, which is horrendously stupid. So who would you drop to, Adam, Nimo or Dominguez.
Speaker 4: I would drop up. I probably dropped Neimo. I guess I don't think I can get Yeah, I mean, well, let mean let me let me look at Diminga's like verse second. I mean, Nemo's fine. I think it's relatively average, but kind of Dimingas is as well. But there's just like even higher stolen based probability. Yeah, Dominga is over thirty percent k percentage right now, he's pretty mediocre. If this is a ten team league for track record, Yeah, but if it's a ten team league, like I think you could probably drop all these guys that Nimo actually probably is the least of them. Since you can turn style it, I'm pretty optimistic that Christian Walker is going to be able to bounce back from this. But things are looking pretty bad right now. He's super streak.
Speaker 2: It's fine, he's turning it around. Here's one question, Happy birthday Welsh Jordan and story for Corbyn Carroll. What side you want to be on to this one?
Speaker 4: Corbyn Carroll I'm actually going to talk about the potentials of selling Trevor's story, and obviously like he's going off and crazy, but you know, if you're gonna even ever think and consider to move a guy like Mike Trout, you should consider moving a guy like Trevor story who is always hurt, always always hurt. It's a decent return. But if I were selling Corbyn Carroll right now, I would want more than Jordon because Carol's Carrol's like plate change is massive. I mean, like the way if you look at some of the underlying batting stance data, like he's gotten closer to the plate, which is allowing him to barrel quicker. He is a monster. Yeah, he's like an NL Aaron Judge right now. But at five foot ten, So I mean, I think Corbn Carroll's on completely never another level that he's locked into. He's a top three to four fantasy option on the sea, So I would need a lot more.
Speaker 2: Stefan d got it. Gorilla chest see my vest. See my vest made for a real gorilla chest. That's hilarious. Is an all time great episode. I love this, sir. Old School Simpsons was great.
Speaker 4: I haven't watched Simpsons a million too forever?
Speaker 2: Are they every now and then? Recently I've been popping on some of the new ones just to see, like, where's it at? Still pretty solid? Like I gotta say it's it's surprisingly decent. Tyler McGill was surprisingly decent too. He got into trouble in the second inning, but you know he hasn't given up a run in the first or second inning all year. So far, he had ten strikeouts, a career high five and a third shutout innings. Boy oh boy, that slap nut sewn together. Mets pitching staff's been pretty good.
Speaker 4: I am one of the best in baseball right now. Er a wise like incredible?
Speaker 2: What are the best in baseball? For a lot for the first three weeks? I don't know if they still are at that mark, but yesterday went a long way for it. Now. In that same game, I did watch Aaron Nola who continues to struggle six and the third innings for him. Now, we've seen this before where Aaron Nola can have some bad months and bad stretches. This is always what keeps Aaron Nola away from being a top end fantasy starter. He has typically a bad month every year somewhere. Sometimes it's early, sometimes its later. The FIP right now is a four eight nine. He's got six four to three one six to one whip. But the strikeout to walk ratio is right there, thirty one strikeouts, eleven walks. Just he continues to look like he's just not comfortable right now, so it doesn't look like injuries, seems like the velocity's okay. Everything seems alright with Aaron Nola. I think this is your typical Aaron Nola just hasn't found that feel and when he hits that groove and I know it, he then becomes one of these unhittable guys for a good six week stretch, I'd be looking to buy him. We're gonna talk more about him on the video as well. Are you where I am? When it comes to Aaronola too? Where you just feel like this is an opportunity and it's real tough to get a quality starting picture, especially one is durable as Aaron Nola. He has been super durable over the years too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think it's innings and durability that are interesting and that he's really really struggling. From the profile perspective, he is doing something kind of weird that he's lowered, so he's always like a curve guy, knuckle curve, kind of like Zach Allen, but he's going sinker over for seam, but his sinker oh no, no, okay, so these both have never mind, they both decreased in Velo, So he's lost about a mile prour on Velo across the board, which is definitely something to watch. But I do think there's kind of a feel perspective on it, and maybe he just doesn't have the curve where he wants and it's getting hit pretty hard that the expected batting average is lower, but there's just a lot of barreling, a lot of contact, and looking at previous years, he does have some weird early first half splits. But last year May and April he was one of the best pitchers in Baseball Sub three Era. Then in June it fell apart. In twenty twenty three, that was a better representation. He had an over four ERA all the way through July and then he kind of bounced back. I think if you can get him on the cheap simply because of team context and him going deep into game, that's great. But I'm not sure he's going to be like a fantasy ace. He's not to do a Blake Snell where first half he's the worst pitcher, second half he's the best pitcher in all of baseball. But I do think he is a he's a bye all right.
Speaker 2: Some transactions yesterday Welsh, which you don't get a lot of these necessarily. We've got a bunch in one day. The Cubs acquired Drew Pomerans. That was a name that kind of hit me, you know, upside the head sideways there for cash considerations for the Mariners. Like there's an agent I haven't thought of in a long time.
Speaker 4: I saw him in camp with the Mariners a couple of.
Speaker 2: Times years the Marique, but that's where they bought him from. They bought themselves a nice Pomerans. The twenty twenty one Pomerans gets good gas mileage. I don't know what they're gonna do with him.
Speaker 4: We'll see no CD Blair or anything like that. And you have to roll up the windows yourself, and you know what it's efficient.
Speaker 2: Well, the Cubs are looking for pitching help obviously anywhere they can get it, and Tristan McKenzie got designated for assignment by the Guardians. Now that's interesting to me if you're the Cubs, because why not take a flyer and see, like, maybe you can get him into your organization. Maybe there's something you could work with, maybe just a fresh start. I don't know, but I would look to see what happens with that one. I don't know if he's just going to end up taking that assignment a the end of the day, my guess if somebody will claim him and the deal will be worked out. The diamondback sent Jake McCarthy down to triple A. He's hitting zero seventy three on the ear, no Homer's three rebies, one steal through fourteen games. He's been dreadful. And it's funny, Welsh, you were always an anti McCarthy guy, not just in the fifties during the Senate hearings and all that stuff, but also during Jake McCarthy's career. Then all of a sudden, Jake oush she became useful and then now he is backed out. So what's it like to be right on the back end here after Jake McCarthy kind of stuck a tea in twenty twenty four A little.
Speaker 4: Bits, Yeah, I mean, I guess the long term, it feels good. He's been dreadful. I actually mentioned this yesterday on the Prospecting with the Welsh video and that was in tow to Jordan Lawler. Jordan Lawler is one of the hottest minor leaguers out there, and even said that one thing you would like to see is maybe Jake McCarthy go away and then you could start moving some pieces around where you know, if Lawler was playing the outfield, it make a little bit more sense. But word came out John Gambadoro, who actually used to work with they used to work for him in Phoenix Radio, big local Phoenix guy. He because there's been no information about what that move is going to be, he reports that it's Jorge Barosa that is going to be coming up, which is a huge disappointment that Tim Tawa and Jorge Barosa are still options before Jordan Lawler because this would have been the time he has been a freaking monster. But McCarthy's going down, they're bringing another outfielder up, which again I just don't think you really need to because you've got Gurriel, You've got Gritchick, you've got Carol Like you've got the pieces. I would have loved to see Jordan Lawler come up. It doesn't look like it's going to happen. And McCarthy he's going to have to try to get it figured out like Alec Thomas did because he's a big, stolen based guy, lots of contact, great defense, but none of those things are playing together this year. So Jorge Barosa not a fantasy option.
Speaker 2: Last transaction Logan Henderson option to triple A, which we kind of knew was coming, but he will be back. He pitched incredibly well in that first start, Logan Hender and we'll make more starts. So if somebody drops him, this is your opportunity to pick him up. With rookie. Lookie, Augustine Martinez two for three in his debut with a double on and of steel. Did you see any highlights of the Augustine Martinez.
Speaker 4: I saw some highlights of that big Martinez Ramirez. Yeah, Augustine Ramirez. There's an Alex Ramirez. It was with the Mets, but yeah, Augustin Ramirez with that smash to center, it was like a ground rule double. It's very, very impressive. And that was the thing I told you guys when I brought him up, and he's a catcher that steals bases, steals a base in his first one, and he hits the ball consistently. The big question is going to be at the major league level. How is he going to be as far as a batter? Is he going to strike out a bunch? Is he going to get hit with a bunch of secondaries? This game, he showed off when things are clicking who he is, and that's why he's a two catcher option that we mentioned, not a single catcher. But you know what, if it's a deep league and you guys like to carry second catchers, maybe you do get a look at him because I think he's going to play his way on very fantasy relevant. Two hits, a stolen base, ridiculous on the catchers, you gotta love it. You gotta love the prospect catcher's paying off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, certainly one that has got a little speed there. So we'll all keep an eye on Augustine Ramirez and make sure that he is added in some leagues. I did a video on him yesterday, yet I still screwed up his name today because why I've got NFL draft brain. That's why. Because this is my this is my week where things go a little little sideways. But the draft coverage is gonna be great here on Fancy Pros. Make sure you watch. It's gonna be super fun. Bogman ericson myself, and of course Debro, Derek Brown, the King of Bros. They're all gonna be on here on Fancy Pros, regular channel, not the MLB one. Jerry and a couple other people asking about the Yoho pickup. Is that something you're looking to do. We're talking about saves. Is this another way we want to go or now?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm torn on this. You don't often see.
Speaker 2: Like a terrier Yoho. That sounds painful.
Speaker 4: I don't either. I'm old now, I'm very old. I can't afford to.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say your every birthday. You're getting closer and closer to Tier now.
Speaker 4: Joe almost stared as Yoho during the during the home It's.
Speaker 2: Still a little story. At practice yesterday I was able to throw footballs. That was okay. But you know, I will say this, I did get that that lighter metal bat around pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah you did. By the way. Also, we we played the kids. We did adult old people versus the kids. A little football and we destroyed as we should.
Speaker 2: Just as we should. There, MICHAELA was working at a bit of a deficit. Uh throw it. I think at some point, you know, like.
Speaker 4: She had a couple of touchdowns to my kids, so that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your yeah, your your son was picking up the slack there. My young because he's a soccer player. He has a no using his hands catching footballs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back on the yo host So on the Yo Hoo's side. I don't think it's quite often that you're going to see like a prospect pitcher as good as Yoho is to come in and just take over like some closer role. I tend to think he's going to be putting some especial because you gotta remember, is Pat Murphy like Pat Murphy old school manager. I think you're going to get lower leverage situations for him. So if you want, you can speculate on it. I would, I personally would probably speculate on Shelby Miller before he did with him, because Puck we're gonna probably find out today Justin Martinez was having general soreness why he didn't get a save, and Shelby Miller has been relatively phenomenal this year with the fastball, and there's no Ginkle, So I think that Shelby Miller could get saves this week before Yoho, but long a long term option. He could be a guy that jumps into the rotation. I just don't think off the shoot.
Speaker 2: I can't believe we talked about Shelby Miller and Drew Pomeranz on the show today. I did not have that on my Bengo card game. Oval wants to know why is gun Thro trying to kill Pat McAfee. I don't know, but I'm glad he is. It made me. That's the happiest thing that I've seen.
Speaker 4: Why do you not like Pat McAfee.
Speaker 2: You know, I was Actually he was okay in the beginning. I liked him in the XT and all that stuff that he did. I give him a credit for getting in the ring. I know he trained and everything like that. But at some point it just got too much and he just doesn't know when to let it breathe. And he keeps doing that stupid pencil flip every time he's on camera. It's super annoying. Guntherer choked him out on Raw, which was the best role at WrestleMania in years knew in this ring podcast I just recorded, just dropped thanks to the well she just uploaded for me. But that made me pop. I was very excited for that. He choked him out. He turned blue last night. It was crazy. Uh, not a hater. I'm just done. I just don't want him on my wrestling anymore.
Speaker 4: It was the best WrestleMania post WrestleMania Raw following the worst WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: That wasn't the worst WrestleMania. It was a mid well you'll hear my breakdown of it. It was a mid level WrestleMania that was bound to happen after the iconic WrestleMania that we got last year. Resolemia, that's kind of. It was some good moments, a couple good moments here, a couple of fun moments there, one great match over two nights that was it also great. By the way, my playbook, so if you're managing one league or a thousand leagues, manage all of them with my playbook from Fantasy Pros. It's the greatest suite of tools you'll ever find and help you make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win your leagues. Because that's what it's all about. It's about winning. Import your team for free, get custom fantasy baseball news, rankings, and analysis, and seek your leagues today over at fantasypros dot com. Slash MLB My Playbook, or just be like the cool kids and download Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app wherever you get your apps from, and let s help you be dominant in your fantasy baseball endeavors. Three up and three down. Hunter Brown, he was great, seven scoreless, struck out nine guys yesterday against the Blue Jays. Francisco Lindor two for three, two homers, including a leadoff homer to start the game. Got a little my girl at the top, little singing. Next thing you know, boom, home runs happening. And I love this, this new version of the Mets that owns the Phillies. I just right in the fields. It's just in the cockles of my heart, so warm. Gavin Williams two run, ball, six and a third, he went out eight in a win over the Yankees. Go for it.
Speaker 4: Well, he was amazing. That was another one that I was locked into. I was really really surprised. Unfortunately, stupid dummy here was on the Yankee side and that was going well for a little bit until until they crank that homer. But Gavin Williams looked phenomenal, really interesting, weird mix of how that fastball he touched one hundred ninety nine one hundred consistently. It's just very flatlined fastball, but you know it comes in from an angle. But then that sweeper, that sweeper, he was just dinking it. I was very, very impressed with what we saw from Gavin Williams. It looked like that version from spring training and he probably just needed a couple of games to find some consistency. Yankee definitely strike out a bit, but I thought it was it was a very very good good sighting and good showing for a guy if maybe he's available out there to pick up.
Speaker 2: Correct me if I'm wrong. Gavin Williams was, I think on week one of our by lows, because he got out of the gate a little rickety, and we said, look.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it had been like four starts that were really bad. It was this questioning a lot, but we were oh, maybe.
Speaker 2: Right away after the first two starts. I'm almost positive I want to say it was the second, maybe the it might've been the first. Of the trade videos because I don't think we did won that first week. I think of the first of the trade wheels in week two, the full week where it was at Gavin Williams. I am right now. This is probably your only window. So if you listened that he did, you're in good shape. I want to shout out jays Dang, first time listening live. I listened every single day on my way to work. You guys are awesome. I don't know Jay's taking a day off from work. I don't know what they're doing, but thank you for joining us live. We're appreciate Earth today, Joe.
Speaker 4: It's not just my birthday. It's Earth Day.
Speaker 2: It's Earth Day, it's Welsh Day.
Speaker 4: Any other day you didn't even to You didn't even mention. By the way, yeah, I'll mention that. But we we are back in. We have a hatchet. A listener send this to me. It's like the what a Burger Texas Frisco hat.
Speaker 2: And it was had a what a Burger? I got miss you.
Speaker 4: Missed out when you were here. That's that's that's a big that's the one.
Speaker 2: Youngest wanted to try the cans chicken because that's also not by us. And oh really been craving to try the cane sauce, which we did. We even bought the big vat of cane sauce, which did not disappoint. I gotta say the canes, well.
Speaker 4: What burger would not disappoint either. But the hat collection is starting back up. Someone asked me earlier, what's the number one hat? I would probably want to get back the uh, the Hillsboro hops beeause that's the one the dog really ate. So we're getting back the hat collection. Ladies and gentlemen, We're going to try to build it back. Let's do it. Oh yeah, maybe it's Corpus Christie, I said, Frisco Corpus Christy. But also shout out to some of the new people we had crunch on the follow mctunda subscribed our boy, mctunda subscribing og.
Speaker 2: What it took you so long? Mctunda, what are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We had Peter Coole's and mctonda both subscribe with prime. We are now three away, friends, three away from hitting our goal in April one hundred subs, So.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for doing three more subscribe. Hang out with us, Jay, don't get fired at work, by the way, for listening live, So that's bad idea. Don't get fired at work. There was a question here I wanted to find Where was it It was about man Manzardo or Simpson. I can't find it right now, but I do remember seeing it that I thought it was interesting. It was a category league and my initial reaction is Manzarto is the guy you want of those two. But I understand Simpson might be so good at that single thing of stealing bases that he might have just a different sort of value. Maybe it's roster dependent. Do you have any input on that one. I'm trying to find yes. P. Five That the question Manzarch Yes.
Speaker 4: The exact question you said, Manzardo or pick up Simpson twelve team Cats. So here's the only thing that I'm positive about with Chandler Simpsons. It's actually not just one category. It's going to be three categories because one thing we saw on his debut he let off, and if you're gonna have opportunities where he leads off, that's going to push the runs. So there's a couple guys. It's it's shades of like what we talked about with like a Victor Scott or a few of these other players where it's like you're going to get batting average with him, we are going to get I feel like this week, by the way, we're going to get where he grounds out to the shortstop and Chandler Simpson is going to beat at home and everyone's going to share it. So put that in there. He's going to get you average. He's gonna score runs because it team scores runs. And if he's hitting at the top of the lineup, that's there. And he's going to be one of the most aggressive base dealers. He's got like the third or second highest odds today to steal a base because that's who he is. So I'm cool with it. Also because like man I think Manzarto is going to be okay. I think he's going to finish the year as like a two forty two fifty type of hitter. I think he's gonna have significant homers. He's got seven right now. I will say though he's hitting two seventeen, his expected batting average is lower than that. But he's barreling, he's hitting the ball hard, he's walking, he's getting the ball in the air. Those things are gonna work well. And there's a nice little stream in right field for the Homers to fly. So I think this the answer to this is dependent on what you're looking for, completely two different things. Manzarto is Homer's probably RBI. Chandler Simpson is literally the other three categories. I tend to lean Chandler Simpson right now because I think he can be a little bit more of a game changer in categories. But it's very, very close, because I think Manzarto is being underrated.
Speaker 2: I think it's Manzarto I can give you the you know, the three categories that I think it's easier to find steels now than his power. I want the power guy.
Speaker 4: I just I thought that preseason. But dude, Jake McCarthy's dead. Victor Roeblas is dead. Like all these stolen basic.
Speaker 2: Rules allow for more guys who to get into the pile of.
Speaker 4: Forby Carroll's not stealing bases any like, like well.
Speaker 2: May today stay tuned for the betting. I kind of feel on this one. Bab Uncle Baby Billy traded to rise An Abbott for Michael Harris and Peppio Dynasty category good or bad move, I think great, phenomenal move.
Speaker 4: Phenomenal move.
Speaker 2: So you think I think you did the thang here, Billy down. Yeah, uncle Baby, Billy knows what to do. Randy Vasquez six runs six hours on Monday. Not a good game for him. Clark Schmidt, I know people were bitching about him and the chat early or I saw you, I see you, Clark Schmid haters five runs for innings. Let's give him some time to work his way back and get settled again. And then Alexis Diaz three runs and an inning of a third. Does he, guys ever see the closer role again? Or do you think that's done?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna definitely get that opportunity. They wanted to slow roll him there. I don't think Amelia Pegan is the answer. I do think. I think Bennard too. Ben Nard came back up. I think you're gonna get save opportunities from both of those guys in the near future.
Speaker 2: Okay, lots of injuries and maybe we bury the lead here a little bit. Maybe this should have been the top of the show. Spencer Strider, fifteen day il retroactor for the eighteenth of April, strained right hamstring. Just when things were going well. He heard it playing catch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, playing catch, Yeah, he heard it on the field, just thrown around. Well, he's got those monster hams.
Speaker 2: And this is the problem. See too much working out. That's why I got hurt. That's how I You're just.
Speaker 4: You're just so ripped and jacked and work out. You shouldn't you shouldn't have done it.
Speaker 2: Just so huge. What was it?
Speaker 4: Ozzie Gahan said, fat, don't pull, fat, don't strain, so you learn from it. I'm I'm okay with this. I saw this one happen live on one of my streams too, And is it a hamstring? Like that makes me feel better. It wasn't an arm thing, any arm elbow, you know, inflammation or discomfort or something like that. I would be really really worried. He's just got those monster squads. They're just they're seeping all over the place. Like I think we can be okay with this. It's not an arm thing. It spend take a breath.
Speaker 2: Still could miss a couple of weeks though, I mean, yeah, that sucks. But who's coming back, By the way, soon he's in this. I'm gonna roll through the rest of these Lansma colors. He's gonna throw another bullpen session this week. Ben Rice is expected to be back today. He was out a couple of days with the elbow issue. Clayton Kershaw I was gonna make his next minor league start today in Double A Tulsa. We'll tell you how that goes tomorrow. George Kirby is progressing with that shoulder issue to facing hitters. The Padres put Louis or Eyes on the seven day concussion list. No surprise there. Chase Mydrath went on the tendail with that right thumb inflammation. Max Schurzer also with the thumb issue, throwing from flat ground on Monday, So we'll see, you know, if he's throwing from flat ground Monday yesterday. Maybe in a week or so, he makes a rehab start, maybe probably two of those. Then he'll buy somebody some earbuds or a food truck with all his teammates, and then he'll make three or four stars for the Blue Jays and get hurt again. That's what I am. This guy, Pablo Lopez, I'm going to rejoin the rotation today, which is great. That's great news. We're getting Pablo back. Dalton var Show was gonna continue his minor league rehab assignment today and Jose Siri we got a timetable for him now eight to ten weeks with that tibia fracture. So with Siri out, the outfield spot opened up here for the New York Mets. Any thoughts on any fantasy value of you know guys who could fill in that center.
Speaker 4: Field role or no, we're is not really I Meanyron Taylor's of the world. Yeah, I mean, I'm not into Tyrone Taylor. I think they would probably you can put Jeff mcveial out there if he were healthy, but it would have been.
Speaker 2: More answers working his way back. That's the thing. I guess that's the big question. Do you move Nimo to center and McNeil left.
Speaker 4: I think that's definitely a play because of Luisan Halakunya. I would have been interested if Luis On Halecunya was playing in the outfield or something like that.
Speaker 2: With My question too, is if if you get that squeeze so Viento's being hurt, baby played third yesterday. Now you're in a spot where you know Cooni is such a phenomenal athlete. Can you kind of convert him into that center field That would be really interesting. I think Acuni would be up for it, but that's a tough thing to do when you're at the major league level.
Speaker 4: I just think they like him defensively where he is, like I think it's anyone else you put it sec, it's a little bit more of a downgrade, so I think that's why he sticks. But I would just like anything like with the Lawlor stuff with the Diamondbacks. I just want flexibility. Like, give me players of flexibility that don't bring up Jorge Barosa's and Tyrone Taylors of the world. You know, I don't tell I had to hit yesterday whatever. You know, give me the really great players that have some position flexibility so we can get the best bats in the lineup as well. That's what I really want at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: All the bats. Speaking of the best bats, it's time for the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. It's a Tuesday afternoon on the East Coast, which by the way, lost the poll to West Coast. I'm shocked by that. Probably all the East Coast people are all working right now. The Coast people are hanging out there drinking your lattes. On the water somewhere on the coast of California. Anyway, if you're looking to make some bets, make sure you use our fantasypros dot Com slash Leading Off opportunity. New customers place their first bet, you get five dollars bet in there, you win it. You get two hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you do so, make sure you use that again. Fantasypros dot Com Slash Leading Off is the place to do it. Here's my bets for today. Nick Pavett has been oh so good, so let's go over the kprop here six and a half for him. Bobby Wood Junior just to drive in a run plus one twenty five. Boy, boy, that Royals lineup needs some help. I know kagali On hit another home run. I know his batting average so low, but he's hitting homers. They need some help. They need the offense to pick up a little bit in Kansas City. Bobby Wood cannot do it alone. Your boy, Chandler Simpson plus one sixty two for a stolen base Welsh, this might be the bet of the day. I'm looking at your boy, Chandler Simpson. I'm thinking myself, you're giving me plus one sixty two for that guy in four chances to steal one base, I think we can get there. And then Corbyn Carroll, who has not stolen a lot of bases, You're getting three to one on him, so plus three ten Welsh, what are your bets of the day for Tuesday?
Speaker 4: Let's get a shout out to our boy Cali, by the way, who Cali? Absolutely flawless, just perfect performance on the bets. I see, yeah, I mean there is actually no spacing between Texas and first five. But we're not going to point that out. We're going to just acknowledge that this is a flawless for five text five. It's it's like it's.
Speaker 2: A representation exactly.
Speaker 4: No, Kelly, we're not going we're not going to mention that you didn't put a space in between there. We're gonna acknowledge you did a great job for fine flow. Nobody Yeah, nobody noticed that. H So for my bets today, we're going to go with Toronto first five money line for the day. We've also got Texas. Now this is why I'm a sicko. First on the Toronto side, Chris Bassett. Chris Bassett has been absolutely phenomenal. I am worried there's a little bit of like regression in the near future. I'm hoping this is not going to be in play. But I really like Chris Bassett right now. He has been holding down the runs. I'd even look at his earn runs under and Toronto's offense just in general. So Toronto first five money line. So this is where I'm a sicko. Texas first five money line. They're going up against Beido and A so on paper right there, you're like, Wow, Texas is a plus through the first five innings. Betos out there, Why is Texas Because Patrick Corbin is on the mount. But Patrick Corbin was absolutely phenomenal. So this is where things are. Rubber meets the road. Unfortunately, the A's have the seventh are the fourth best ops versus left handed hitters right now, so that works against this and that's why that is plus money. But Patrick Corbin and that slider sweeper was ridiculous in the last outing. I'm banking on this Texas offense getting to beato a bit and I'm gonna take the big plus money off of those That performance that we had with Patrick Corbin likely is going to return as a pumpkin. But because I'm getting plus money with the offense and that Patrick Corbin performance, That's why I'm going plus one twenty four in the Texas Tech five money line here with the big plus money. And then finally, Ellie de Lacruz has been on it. He has had two extra base hits or two bases in I believe it was four of his last five games. I really like this. It's bigger plus money against Edward Cabrera plus one for one point five over total bases. We might look at him and homers as well. So I'm going with the total base prop and a couple first fives today.
Speaker 2: All right, those are the best bets for the day. Let's take a look at the home run board and see if anything has changed. Far Out at twelve, Mart at twelve, still Cookie at twelve, all the way Whiles still at nine. Everyone's locked in. The winner's gonna get the Sammy Sosa jersey. And the way you can get involved in the home run contest is join our Discord Fantasypros dot Com slast chat. That's the place to be and every single Wednesday at two pm Eastern you can get your questions answered by the Welsh and Joe Alrico. Yes that Joe Arico fantasypros dot Com slash chat join it be on the show. It's a great opportunity for you to interact with Welsh and Joe, and if you don't get your questions answered here, you can go and get them answered on our discord. Also, of course that's also where you can make your home run calls. Yes, well you can do that.
Speaker 4: Also, we'll be announcing they're actually going to be having a new time for that show. We're gonna have it normal this week by new time in future week, So make sure you tune in so if you want to hang out live, there's a brand new time that we will be discording it.
Speaker 2: What do I get to know what time that is?
Speaker 4: So No, it's a tease, it's a teach. You got to come on Wednesday to find out and then I'll say it after I'll say it after. By the way, in the chat, McGrady, it's my birthday? Can we be nice? Do you see this? Wonky over Welsh?
Speaker 2: What am I? It's just facts?
Speaker 4: If I can have one day just to not have the capital L and be nice, it would probably be today ban him, ban him for throwing whatever.
Speaker 2: Mike mayor here wishing you a happy birthday either.
Speaker 4: Well, that was my gift, the gift that keeps on giving him not being here.
Speaker 2: Beef wants to know start buying against the Yankees today. That's a tough one. It's a tough one. He's not been great. He's been he's been a little underwhelming. They paid him, and all of a sudden things haven't gone well. I think if you've got another option, I think you might sit this one out.
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, it depends if you're hugging ratios and stuff like. Maybe not, but I'm I'm I would still get with it. Like, the Yankees are striking out at one of the highest clips in all of baseball, so there is definitely some strikeout potential. You just worry he gets beat up. I actually would go. I would go for it unless I'm gripping on to ratios. But why are you doing that on Tuesday? You shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you grip onto the ratios too tight, you might Churchier Yoho. You know it's no good. I'm going Corbin Carroll for my home run call today plus three sixty Welsh where are you going for yours?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, by the way, completely stole my home run call, but you got to it first. So I was gonna say, what better things to do?
Speaker 2: Because I'm on the East coast it is earlier.
Speaker 4: But it was also I was like, who would be the perfect person for a birthday home run for me? It would be Corbyn Carroll And I look at the sheet and Joe has Corbyn Carroll, So it's very good.
Speaker 2: Still take Corbyn Carroll. I mean, tiste together one time.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're gonna go get We're gonna go with Ellie. Ellie's on a big, big power push. I'm playing the total bases. He does have two homers in like two of his last three games or whatever. Edward Carrera definitely gives up some bombs. I'm gonna go with Ellie on a big fly today. I did have him higher, I think than most people in the ranks, so there's a little bit of that. But Corbyn Carrol should probably go yard today. You know where in the world is Corbyn and Welsh, Well, it's gonna be hitting homers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lindor is officially hot in N eight one hundred percent and we're going to talk about who's hot, not right now, because we're gonna leave this show and go do another show about who to trade for and who to trade away. We've got some good stats and good numbers, so make sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel. Drop your comments below right here. Who are you trading away? Who are you trading for? How excited are you about Nick Kurtz Happy birthday? Welsh? All that could win you the Nico Horner jersey, So do that right now. Subscribe to the channel and we'll be back tomorrow on Twitch Live yet again. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe up to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros, m LB