Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 3: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now joined by bad Larry, Shayan Irving and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: On the road, but always time for Dan Patrick takes a gamble here at Lake Tahoe. I got Pa Ray, I've got Dylan who's trying to pass himself off as Benny Blanco, succeeding no, but people thinks that he's a celebrity golfer here and he wants to try to confuse people that he's Benny Blanco. We also have is Larry with us.
Speaker 3: I'm here Dan. How are you doing, buddy?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you know I mentioned your name on barstool? Did you hear about this?
Speaker 3: My daughter sent me the thing and I just thought it was something that Ray and you know you guys put together and the thing so I was in bed listening to it, just forgotten about it, and then I went to raise, and like six other guys came up and mentioned it. Yeah, you guys were out in Tahoe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pardon my take. They had me on and I had mentioned the gambling podcast, so I talked about you and of course you're Bad Larry, and they immediately loved the name, and I told him get off the exit. As for Bad Larry, I brought up Shay and Irving as well, there, Shaye. Did you hear about this?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I got. I got a lot of text messages from a lot of dudes.
Speaker 3: I listened back.
Speaker 4: I want to listen back. You called me some random I think you called me a random called some random guy that talked about his wife in therapy. And I was like, damn nail of a head.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't I don't know how what's your bio say?
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Because I don't know. You're you're a big part of the show, but your friend. But then you're so many more things than that. You're multifaceted, the dichotomy of Shane Irving.
Speaker 5: And you are technically a random guy with a wife.
Speaker 4: I'm a random dudes who started calling in fifteen years ago. Lord have mercy. Look what happened?
Speaker 1: What did happen? Anything good happened after that first call fifteen years ago.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. There's so many losses, Danny. They keep piling up. But today, Sarah toga day. So the wins are going to come.
Speaker 1: Well, you won four units last week, so you're at four and a half units. Bad Larry won one. You and Bad Larry tied at four and a half units. Dylan lost three units. He's minus eleven. Now, you guys got to start getting serious because the NFL is really close here.
Speaker 6: Then I am serious. I lost three units on the hot dog eating competition. That should be my fucking wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right. Oh I did mention Dylan that he's part of the nine nine nine club with nine nine beers, nine innings, nine dogs. All right, so you got to shout out there and pardon my tape.
Speaker 5: That'll take a random guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, last night, NBC, there are partners here, and one of the people in management goes, hey, one of your guys jumping in the lake tomorrow morning. I go, no, Yeah, one of your guys lost to bed. He's jumping in the lake. I go, I don't know anything about it. No, one of your guys, like four in the morning, he's jumping in the lake and I go, oh shit, I gotta find out. So I arrive and then all of a sudden, somebody says, uh, did you hear about Ray?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: I thought maybe you drowned. That's a fair but that water is freezing cold.
Speaker 7: It's brutally, brutally cold.
Speaker 1: Okay, why were you what was the band?
Speaker 6: Well, so we went, there's this the mini golf bar in town here. Okay, they also have so they have mini golf and they also have mini golf shuffle board, so like with the golf ball, it's like up on like a table basically.
Speaker 5: So Gray and I went head to head.
Speaker 6: Loser had to go in the lake, and I hustled Ray because he beat me badly like two days before, and then I just cooked him yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you jumped in, take off all your clothes.
Speaker 8: Now, we kept the clothes on to be respectful to the course. Yeah, we had to be respect It's not.
Speaker 5: A fan was actually that was one of the stipulations.
Speaker 1: They said you had to be shirt on smart.
Speaker 8: We called him last night and we were going to go off the deck over there, and they said, for safety concerns, we're not going to let you do that.
Speaker 7: So we went off right at the eighteenth hole over there.
Speaker 5: Which is funny.
Speaker 6: They're like, you can drown on the eighteenth hole, but not by the clubhouse.
Speaker 1: Okay, why don't you run that by me? So management at NBC doesn't think I'm clueless not knowing what's going on podcast.
Speaker 5: I think you're forcing your guys into the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, punishment, You're throwing them in the lake. I said, it's not Godfather too, they're not out on a boat.
Speaker 7: On second thought, you probably should have been my first thank you, thank.
Speaker 5: You, and that's a that's a learning experience though.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, bad Larry. By the way, I love my wife T shirt spotted at the beach crushing a beer and that that went social viral with our guys though. Very nice, very nice.
Speaker 3: This, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: You haven't seen the picture.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 1: About, do you? Why don't you clue Larry in Ray, Larry, I did tell you that there was a picture of you.
Speaker 3: But you were going in the lake.
Speaker 1: But you got to Larry, why don't you send him a picture.
Speaker 7: I'll send it to you right now.
Speaker 1: My god, it would have been better for that.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out where it was.
Speaker 6: Okay, Larry, when was the last time you wore and I love my wife T shirt?
Speaker 5: That might be a good good star that's daily.
Speaker 3: I went to that as an undershirt when I'm working. Guys, So I'm a little afraid of this picture.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, you got long shorts, you got bored shorts on, you got your hair looks your hair is a mess, and you're drinking a beer off the beach.
Speaker 5: That would be him at work, though, Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 3: I'm going to take a look at it and I'll respond in a second.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll you guys off.
Speaker 3: How do I look at this?
Speaker 2: It's a picture.
Speaker 7: I send it to you on text. How do you not know how to look at a picture.
Speaker 3: My son was playing volleyball and I, oh, geez, I took I took my lunch break to go watch him play. That's my lunch break. Lair got the T shirt, I took off the uniform, and somebody handed me a beer and I just had to kill it.
Speaker 1: Somebody handed me a beer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the old somebody.
Speaker 1: Handed me by the way after after Tahoe and that shirt.
Speaker 3: Says, by the way, there's other writing in between. I love my bofe when she lets me watch football. What the shirt says.
Speaker 5: I don't buy it, Larry, We've got pretty concrete evidence.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So after this, after this, Ray and Dylan are flying to Vegas and then Shay is flying to Vegas. A big shout out to Sammy P because Sammy p Uh, you know, gave the guys a future on Saquon Barkley is the offensive Player of the Year and gave you guys the ticket. But you have to go out there and you have to cash it, which to me always brings to mind gets Shorty the movie where they stash money in a locker at the airport and then the Feds are waiting for whoever shows up and opens up has the key. But yeah, I get it. Cash in your check, I know. But I shout out to Fountain Blue once again taking care of this and Sammy P who took care of the guys as well. Anything else that I need to mention, Yeah, before.
Speaker 4: What dat A couple things real quick, Ray, check your text messages and let me know if I'm allowed to be who got who transported the ticket from Connecticut to Rena? Who was in charge of that?
Speaker 1: Ray?
Speaker 7: I was in charge of that, Shay, So did you keep it?
Speaker 4: I mean I would be I guess I would. I wouldn't put it in my wallet. Where would I put I put in my passport? Probably? How did Dylan? Nobody goes supervision. I'm just curious.
Speaker 7: I confirmed I have it. I look at it every single morning.
Speaker 8: I put in in a big shipping box, and inside that is another vanilla folder, and then side that is like a mail folder.
Speaker 7: It's like a triple rap.
Speaker 1: How much is this ticket worth?
Speaker 7: Twenty two hundred bucks?
Speaker 1: Okay? Will you have any money left over when you leave Vegas?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not, or we'll have like quadrupled it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, putting it all in the pathway for one role?
Speaker 1: Well, are you really would you do that one role? You would for.
Speaker 5: The cinema, for the cinema of it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, for my likelihood, I would do it, Okay, for both, So Ray, you're not. But look, if you're voting, there's three of you and majority rules.
Speaker 4: I would like you know how I feel about democracy?
Speaker 5: Of course, it's a Dictatorship.
Speaker 1: Yes, Dylan, you you would do one role for twenty two hundred.
Speaker 5: I think it would be electric.
Speaker 6: I feel like we might get more mileage out of it if we if we paced ourselves a little bit.
Speaker 5: Then I can't believe I'm saying that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but you're not gonna have No, you're not going to have that moment.
Speaker 5: Well we could have.
Speaker 6: How about we run it up even more and then dumplake, you know whatever?
Speaker 5: Two grand on.
Speaker 4: I already fell asleep. What was that? This is?
Speaker 1: This is all or nothing? What would you rather? I would rather that you guys.
Speaker 5: You want have to put in like an Ira or something.
Speaker 1: I know if you were my kids, then I would say, you're not gonna you're not going to go to Vegas. I mean you can cash and then you're coming home. That's boring though, I know. But you're not my kids, so I don't give a ship. So no, no, no, I'm looking for content contents King twenty two hundred dollars one roll. Shay is doing the rolling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all right, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you're allowed to film this.
Speaker 8: We wouldn't be allowed to film that twenty two hundred dollars spend.
Speaker 7: We probably you can't do that.
Speaker 5: They have to pony.
Speaker 4: Can we film that?
Speaker 5: That's a great idea.
Speaker 8: If we did it from like a virtual machine, you can probably Aford's hundred bucks.
Speaker 6: On the virtual crabs machine.
Speaker 7: Is it better content if we won that or lost it.
Speaker 1: Both? Yeah, that's both pretty good because if you win, then you got to do it again.
Speaker 5: At that point, is.
Speaker 3: No one one and done, one and done. If they do it again, they're coming home with no money one and done, guys, and or.
Speaker 1: We come home with so much money, or they don't come home at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at least at least backed up to our week af.
Speaker 1: Yeah, black a red one of them.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I would do, because if you do it on Crafts, you got to back up that bet.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't put it on the double zero Larry, So you're I do know you know Larry's not doing black.
Speaker 5: It would be d He's got to be read.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going black. I would say, black stirt, you're gonna put on a number thirty.
Speaker 8: Five, black number if you just told us not to lose all wanted to.
Speaker 1: Put it on one roulette number thirty five. Let me recap anybody do anything worthwhile.
Speaker 3: I think I won one in one in baseball. I guess I lost my golf. That's I don't even pay attention to them. I think I won every bed in the hot dog eating contest, Jewy Chesson was under right. Yeah yeah, Nick whatever that guy's name spanked his wife Nick, Larry and bertotally or whatever his name is. He won without chestnut.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Berdiletti, yeah, Bertiletti. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you did right, Yeah, you did right.
Speaker 3: He said, I want one unit.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, you lost to baseball, Larry.
Speaker 3: No, I went one on one in baseball.
Speaker 2: I had you.
Speaker 7: I had you losing against the wife. I saw Mickey Soto one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She had like thirty hot dogs. He had like fifty.
Speaker 5: No, no one had. He didn't have fifty.
Speaker 7: Second place was like forty seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why why is there always a discreptancy? Every every week there's a score.
Speaker 3: Because he has because he guess that I lost both baseball games. Astros lost one, five to three, Dodgers won five to four.
Speaker 7: I have that one right.
Speaker 3: I was given one and a half run, so I went one on one in baseball. I won all Nick Wattley spank Mickey Soto. She had she was in the thirties.
Speaker 1: It's nick weary, okay, l Whatley. Okay, then we'll we'll try to correct that.
Speaker 3: I don't Shay, we don't care about this. We're waiting for football. Then you know that.
Speaker 1: I know that you sound like you do, Larry, but I I just want to make sure that we.
Speaker 3: Get I had. I just thought I had a big week, and I get one unit and try and figure out how that works.
Speaker 5: Okay, with two it a big week.
Speaker 3: No, but if if you gave me a loss, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, make it a little better.
Speaker 1: I can't do this, Okay, Shay, anything you want to bring up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tennis, My tennis guy's the best. And I've been on a chair, Danny. Uh, I am a bit raat check your text messages okay, okay, yeah, I've been on a run, Danny. I'm ready for this week though.
Speaker 1: All right, So you have a tennis insider.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, he was a pro. He's nuts. He's got one of those dads he didn't talk to anymore because he was so mean to him growing up, like screaming at him and throwing shit at him.
Speaker 5: His tennis coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 8: Ye what ray to talk about a controversial topic?
Speaker 1: And I said, now, oh, Dylan, you want to recap anything?
Speaker 6: Not really, Dan, I lost all my no record broken in the hot dog contest. Uh he did not eat an odd number of dogs, which that's unfortunate. And then winner with that was not James Webb. I still have Carlos al KaAZ to win Wimbledon though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those aren't great odds though.
Speaker 5: Now plus one?
Speaker 1: All right, Bed, Larry, I'll.
Speaker 3: Go to you all right, under it in the Mets in the first game. These were sent in last night, Dan, just so now because I think that game started already, so legas all afternoon last night. These I sent these in last night late after a couple of libations at legates. So I went under the Mets in the first game. Whoever wins the first game, I want the other team in a second. Nobody wins doubleheaders anymore, they always split. So that's the one you bet on, but we don't. I don't know who I have yet. Depending on the outcome of the first Met game, then I want Seattle against the Yankees tonight over in the Seattle Yankee game, and I want Cleveland. I forget who they're playing is. I don't even remember they're playing.
Speaker 1: Then Top twenty they played the White Sons.
Speaker 3: That makes some sense sense in my situation last night, I hate the White Sox, so that's perfect. Then I want one unimon for Top twenties Sun jam and Xander shaw Field Softly whatever his name, whatever names. Okay, uh we have those written down. Uh shay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Danny, I got USA America over Alchaaz Friday. I don't care what the line is. Give me two units there because I'm a Patriot.
Speaker 1: And then Taylor Fritz against Taylor Fritz against Christy Yeah, plus four hundred mango, don't call it.
Speaker 4: A comeback, Danny, two units there, I'm serious. And then Cubbies laying one.
Speaker 1: Ten, Well, would you hit people the way that enforcer did on the golf course and just say bango, Danny.
Speaker 4: It's called yotas called this is a real thing. It's called Alabama ass women. So when you're beating somebody's ass, you tell them what a piece of shit they are at what you're going to do to them next. So you get to thank you have sound Do you have sound effects? As well, because he had Yeah, he had his own sound effects. I loved it. That guy's right.
Speaker 6: The uh the fact that like after getting tossed into the pond, he came back for seconds.
Speaker 5: But brother, he lost.
Speaker 1: I gotta give him credit. I got it.
Speaker 4: And then you got bat blues.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Bud, okay.
Speaker 4: So baseball, Yeah, Kobe's laying one ten. I got to I'm with Larry on the Yankees Seattle over and I hit this yesterday. What's it at now? Right?
Speaker 1: Nine?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'll take you over there as plus the one forty five a Texas okay, whatever, fine and Texas minus one twenty?
Speaker 5: Is that the right?
Speaker 4: And then Danny Sarah token time. Are you ready? You're ready to win some money?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right? Race one six of the Live Dog seven win it, but box this seven six four, Race two box the three four seven seven wins again. But three is a live Dog.
Speaker 1: If you want to get weird, let's do it, Danny, all right? Uh that brings us to Dylan. Anybody betting on the golf out here in Tomahoe?
Speaker 5: Damn right? I am Dan?
Speaker 6: Okay, there's actually yeah, they've priced this up nicely.
Speaker 5: It's also just funny to look at the sheet.
Speaker 6: But I got a Tony Romo to win at plus four fifty.
Speaker 5: Okay, wow, he's got good odds.
Speaker 6: And then my dark horse one of them, Michael Paimia.
Speaker 5: Acclaimed actor to win plus ten thousand.
Speaker 1: I think he's an actor. Yeah, not a golfer, not an acclaimed actor.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 5: Great character actor. Okay, all right, yeh, that's summer claim. Moderately acclaimed actor.
Speaker 1: Remember Michael Painia came into the New York studio. PR person said he's a huge fan of the show. He comes in and he looks at the dan Eds and he goes, who are these guys? I go, I'm in trouble here. Yeah, I mean a nice guy. But you know, the PR person they just say that stuff they like, Yeah, they've been known to lie, like he's a huge fan of the dan Nets. He comes in, Yeah, who are you? I'm a fan of the dan Nets. I'm Dan Okay, any other any other bents?
Speaker 6: He actually I saw him on the range that Dan clean swing. You wouldn't expect that of him, but he does.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: Probably Charles bart So the only prop they really had listed was is Charles Barkley and it's him that finished top sixty five.
Speaker 5: That's plus one forty.
Speaker 1: He did it last year and there's ninety golfers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think he went finished like sixty first last year or something like that.
Speaker 5: And then ray Allen Dan We've been studying his short game around here a lot. Yeah, he's plus eighty five hundred to win.
Speaker 6: But if he hits it only in the bunkers every hole, I think he might be all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, golly, we were watching him practice. He's like, damn he gets out of the bunkers anything else still, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I got one Wimbledon bet the Joker over Cinner tomorrow plus one sixty.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think we've done done enough here.
Speaker 5: He's tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's an early day.
Speaker 1: And very very early. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Great couple of shows. By the way, Danny, it's been a radio gold well.
Speaker 1: Thank you. The pictures are pretty too.
Speaker 4: I don't you know me. I don't like I don't like watching you don't no, I'm an audio file the radio.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you like you like hearing the voice something file?
Speaker 4: Dude. I remember the first time I turned it on, Danny, and I saw what like the DNS looked like I was so mad. Why but MG Loven looked exactly like how he sounded.
Speaker 5: That was the one that is true.
Speaker 4: But you know, in your mind, you have this idea of what I see. But I then I saw Fritzy and I was like, oh no. And then I saw Paul. I was like, damn mate.
Speaker 1: But anybody betting on a celebrity family feud tonight, consult your local listing, your local bookies. Yeah. I don't know if they're taking action on We were told that we're not allowed to say anything about the results. I don't know if that's because of the sports books might be getting deluged. Ray Is there a betting line on celebrity family feud tonight?
Speaker 7: I don't see one, right, I did look the other day.
Speaker 5: I couldn't find one.
Speaker 6: But if you go to the deep dark recesses of the Internet and all of a sudden, they're like big money just came in on the rich eyesand shown family feud.
Speaker 1: We got to take this thing of Okay, all right, I'm not not gonna tell you anything other than we we won in content.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's and that's the real prize.
Speaker 1: Yes, I said, even if we don't win. Let's win the content game. And we did. We won the content handily, Yes we did. Uh that'll that'll do. Another episode of Dan Patrick Takes to Gamble.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: I am in Tahoe and not gambling a penny.
Speaker 5: Does it feel good?
Speaker 1: I walk right by all of those machines, all of those people, and it feels great, all.
Speaker 6: Those brilliant citizen setting that slat machine in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel I feel sad for people.
Speaker 4: No, here we go, here we go weaponized depathy everybody here it is.
Speaker 1: I feel sorry for them.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he's better than a gamblers. Don't you forget it?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, I'm not. I just know that feeling, and so I feel sad for people that I can relate to you.
Speaker 6: But Dan, you've never been sitting there tugging on the same slot machine six.
Speaker 5: Hours later, I have not.
Speaker 1: I haven't peed my pants because I don't want to get up because.
Speaker 5: If someone takes my slat machine.
Speaker 4: I'm on.
Speaker 1: I okay. I sat next to a guy who had a catheter.
Speaker 5: I keep like a voluntary one.
Speaker 1: Yes, he didn't. He didn't get up.
Speaker 5: That's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: He didn't get up, and he had show. I didn't I know I didn't know him, but I said he had like six drinks. I said, you never get up, and he goes, don't need to.
Speaker 5: I got my pits back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like all right, got it? He was able to just sit there.
Speaker 6: See I think I think I would never do that willingly get it, Cather, that's like a fear of mine.
Speaker 1: Well for another day. Thanks for joining us, and Dan Patrick takes a gam but for bad Larry, who's on apparently his lunch break and.
Speaker 3: Day Tuesday and Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Come on, oh my bad, that's why you don't my bad, so bad Larry Shay and Irving Dylan. The graphics guy Marvin is here as well, and Pa Ray, we've hopefully entertained you. Thanks for joining us. Until the next time, take care,