Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, Start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start up, dot Up, dot Up. They making noise, dot up, start up up, dot Up.
Speaker 2: Episode three fifty four. This is the Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 3: Hello David Brody, Hello Scary Jones. How are you? Oh, I'm feeling great. I'm feeling great, Brody. I'm full of energy. I'm full of life. You know why is it because you've been eating all these apples? No, no, the apples. I've given up on the apples. I've been going to the giff. You don't know what we're talking. You don't know what we're talking about. We gotta listen to Slice Time from yesterday. We're doing back to back this week. Go to listen to Slice Time from the other from the other day. I got yes, I'm sorry it is two days. Yeah, I forgot. Hey, you know what? You know what though? Yeah? This Slice Time had a lot of Brooklyn Boys content in it. Yeah, you and I can't talked a lot. We did more so than we normally like, we went off on like topics. So even if you're not a fan of Slice Time, listen to it.
Speaker 2: Because listen to episod for episode three fifty three because we definitely went off. We talked about things that we're not gonna bring up here because they're over. But you're just gonna let me gloss over the fact that I said that.
Speaker 3: I said, the reason why I have energy is because I've been going to the gym. No, by the way, the reason is because is redundant. No, I'm gonna I'm not gonna gloss over it. I thought you were gonna say because of the apples you're reading. No, you went to the gym. Yeah, I went to the gym starting last Wednesday. So I went Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Wow, weekend off. Then I went Monday, Tuesday, yesterday, and today. Now how many days in a row? Weekdays in a row? Is that? And I wasn't counting. It's like, okay, it's like seven. So and I may go tomorrow too. Wow. Now what are you doing when you're there? Just like eating a trink of a s What are you doing? Bro?
Speaker 2: I'm putting in work, man, I'm throwing metal around. I'm throwing just it's crazy. It's I gotta tell you, Kansas Soda, what kind of metal you're throwing metal? You don't throw metal? Yeah, it's like you know, pushing fucking weights around and shit. Yeah, man, well they hired you to clean up. What are you doing there?
Speaker 3: Listen, there's a say And I talked about this on the big show of Elvis duran The Elvis Durant Show, and I know that we well, it got corrected. But I had said that it takes twenty four times to do something to form a habit. It's actually twenty one times twenty one days. So I said twenty four days, but it's three weeks even so if you do something twenty one times, and several listeners backed me up on that that was the case. So it's been written. I don't know how you prove it, but it's been written that if you do something for twenty one times, it'll become a habit whatever, whatever that thing is. Well, but what if I play frisbee twenty one times over the course of five years? No, no, no'd be like a time. I would say, twenty twenty one days in a row. If you play frisbee twenty one days in a row. So what I'm trying to say is if I can get to twenty one, the weekend screwed me up. But if I can get twenty one gym sessions in a row. Is the gym not open on the weekends, No, it is, But I was closed for business. I had appearances. I remember, I was. I was busy this weekend. I had stuff to do. Yeah, yeah, stuff did very important you, No, I was. I worked a Tunnel to Towers event in Wayne, New Jersey. I went out to the Ice fallt Arena where I where I put did some charity work. I announced all the legends that were in the house. I didn't even talk about that and even promoted it. Nothing. I just went for the slices. If you don't know what Tunnel to Towers is, It's an incredible foundation that raises money. Were victims of nine to eleven and their families, firefighters, police officers, at first responders, And can I tell a story about Steven Stiller?
Speaker 2: Is Steven Sills and his dad is Frank Stiller? Started they started the organization Tunnel to Towers? Correct, correct, correct me if I'm wrong. But Steven Siller was outside in Brooklyn, outside what used to be called the Battery Tunnel, I don't care what it's called now, and he saw the plane hit the building, hit one of the twin towers and because of traffic, he couldn't drive into the city to help, so he ran. He's a firefighter, tunnel firefighter with his equipment because he's on his way to work.
Speaker 3: Sixty pounds of equipment on his back. Yeah, he ran through the tunnel to the twin towers to rescue people. And like three hundred and forty seven or so other firefighters. Don't need to correct me on the number, but it's close and many that died afterwards. He did not make it out alive. No, and in his and honor, this organization raises money. They do a tower, a tunnel to towers run Uh. They also have a run up the World Trade Tower, the existing one which is World Trade Tower One. People run up that tower to raise money. I think for a while they were running up the Empire of State building until the tower was built to raise money. So it's a great cause. Not a sponsor that. It's a great and if they'd like to sponsor, it's an amazing cause. Lots of celebrities, especially New York celebrities, have gotten involved, but it's uh, we are amazing partners with them on The Big Show always tells a story every morning about where the money goes and families that has helped and some heroes to be remembered, and it's it's twenty four years later. Yeah, and I get I get choked up telling this. I can't like, it's just so so uh yeah. So they had an event on on Saturday, and I volunteered my time and I went out there. They had a hockey tournament and it was it was like a twelve game, single elimination uh thing. And it was round right right, and it was between New York City NYPD versus FT and why United States Secret Service, Long Island Police got in the New Jersey State Troopers, like all the question police and fire and and and all the all the support staff. They all played in the games. And they had legends as well that came out on the ice and asked athletes. Yeah, here's my question the Secret Service team. Yeah, how do you know they're there? If they're really good at that's great. Yeah. Yeah, So anyway, I announced all the players. It was cool.
Speaker 2: It was it was a very touching Saturday, very nice, very nice. So that's why I didn't go to the gym Saturday.
Speaker 3: Brody, that's fine. Now you're trying to if you like. By the way, if you like to, if you'd like to donate, go to tunnels talk to ye sorry, go to T two t dot org. That's t the number two t dot org. You donate there, yes, correct, and uh oh yeah, that'll be great that the little public services that in there. Back to the normal Brooklyn boys bullshit before we get all sentimental and and uh and serious. I we we talked about AI recently. We talked about AI a lot on the show, and last week we talked about the AI uh not sorry, the the the little delivery robots that are all over Jersey City. Yeah, and so I called a company yesterday and I got I didn't record it because I was driving, I was going through my cast speaker and I didn't I didn't have a chance to record it. But I called a company and it was an a. Hi, this is Ai Janet or whatever her name was. I don't know what her name was, something like that. And so I'm gonna be helping you today. What can I help you with? You know, I can help you with this and that. The other thing very well spoken, you know, like it sounds, but she said, you know, it's definitely AI, you know, just tell me what your what your concerned is. I said, I'd like to speak to a human being, a representative. Well, why don't you tell me exactly? And so I said, well, I'm calling about let's say, ham and cheese and ketchup. And she's like, oh, so you're calling about ham and cheese and ketchup. All right, Well I can absolutely help you with ham and cheese and ketchup. Why don't you give me some more details. I was having a conversation with her politely, but also I wanted to get rude with her because I'm like, listen, I'm sure you're very helpful, but I really like to speak to a human being. I totally understand that AI can be helpful, but certainly it's nothing like a real person. And she's like unbelievable. And I'm like, oh my god, someone lost their job. Who could have been annoying me, and now this AI person is annoying me and instead of a real person. But I felt the need to be polite to them, of course, because they don't mean they're just a computer. I mean, they don't. You can't get angry at a computer. I mean you can David Brody can get get angry anybody. My point is it won't have any impact. It's not the AI is going to go, hey, I'm really so hey, don't hey be careful. I'm so sorry. So I had to weasel my way past the AI date keeper to get to a human being. But it was a very weird because normally it's like, you know, when you call Verizon, the cell phone company, if you'd like us to send a text message. Would you like us to send a text message? Yeah, okay, we will not say but it doesn't really talk to you. It just has phrases, it says. This was like a real communication thing. It was kind of it was kind of freaky because I was like, I don't want to talk to you. I think if you talk to me, you would really appreciate. You'll find that I'm very helpful. I kind of I couldn't, like I cannot tell a lie there David Brody after the Slice time from this week, when we started talking about school lunches, Oh, I was inspired. Today I picked up man witch a small child. No, we could we talk about sloppy Joe's and all the all the things that you would.
Speaker 2: Find in a school cafeteria that we loved so much, that French bread pizza.
Speaker 3: So yeah, French all French bred pizza. But here's the problem with man Wich. It's not the same taste as the school so and I in my head, I can taste the sloppy Joe's we got in junior high school and high school in New York. So can I have googled. I've googled the recipe. I've googled anyone who like on a Reddit column, anyone who's like looking for it. I can't find anyone that can. I've called schools who don't have the recipe. They don't serve it anymore. I can't get the recipe. Well, our childhood slope I remember, yes, so Man which is not the sauces off. But I will say this, I do think that we were eating such ground chuck garbage. I really think that's what made it great is the fatty, the fattiness of the of the ground beef and the grease, the greasy ground beef. It had to be. It had to be like sixty five percent, not lean, not not eighty five or ninety and and I do think that that added to that added to the flavor of the sloppy Joe. We'll never get that taste back again. Yeah, slices. If you want to leave us a talk back, what's the one thing from your childhood you can't find? You can't you can't recreate it. Maybe from schools, but for us it was sloppy Joe. And again, if you're in New Jersey, a sloppy Joe is like turkey and coleslaugh. We're talking about chopped meat with like a tomato paste, sauce with sauce. No classic sloppy Joe is that? So? I bought the man which I don't know how it's gonna come out. I didn't. I looked. I looked at it him like, yeah, this is not right. Wait a minute. When you were in Palm Springs with your friend Brian, didn't you two guys make a man witch together? We sure did, Brody, you did anyway. I looked at the can, I opened it up, I smelled it. My god, I don't know, but are we talking about Brian talking about Brian's Can the Boys podcast? We will be right back. I realized the error of my ways after I said it. I'm like, oh, I'm talking in double on top drop about Brian and the can is that he's toilet Brian because it falls asleep on the toilet. Right.
Speaker 2: No, okay, so are you subscribing to this bullshit that you can tell how how big, how big someone's dick is by how how by going to pump springs with them, how big they smile? Everyone says that there's a way to tell how how big your appendage is.
Speaker 3: And then you know, the the.
Speaker 2: Huge old thing is the shoe size or measure from your on your your the top of your index finger to the bottom of your palm or you you hold your thumb out and your forefinger.
Speaker 3: But there's like seventeen different ways. Well, the latest one is an old there's an old Jewish tale about how long penis. Yeah, what's that? You you take it out and you measure it. Heio. Well, the latest one is it's called it's called a hung smile. Let me so it's called the hum smile. So that that meaning you have some kind of a huh like yeah, like you have this confident smile about you. And if you have that smile, like this flirty kind of smile, that means you have like that big that that BD that and the energy, right, the big energy. So anyway, so how would you describe every picture I've ever taken? You smirk, yes, you know, smile in pictures you sit there, the lifeless. Yeah, there you go. All right, Well that's all you need to know. So I guess it is true. Then well, I definitely I'm not smiling like the joker. Let's just put it that way. I don't have like a like a joker that's a menacing smile.
Speaker 2: This is more of a confident, like kind of flirty smile. Apparently, guys that give off that kind of smile, even unbeknownst to them they didn't even realize they're doing it, is a signal for women to pick up on.
Speaker 3: I don't know, these are the things that are Maybe maybe their pants are so tight that it forces them to smile from the uncomfortableness, like ah, like, oh my pants tight. Certain guys celebrities have that that look you okay, they're proty. I'm trying to think of what celebrities you're talking about. No, there's a few of them out there. They say, Pete Davidson has the smile he's I would uh, I would say Pete Davidson has to have a big penis. Oh, he has, based on the fact, based on the fact that up until recently he was a complete train wreck, but he was still getting like he had the confidence to date famous beautiful women. And Pete's very talented and he's funny. I'm not saying that, but you know, he came with a lot of baggage back in the day, and I think people overlook that baggage because he had a trunk next to the baggage. All right, Oh, speaking of which, I got a joke involving a trunk. Would you like to hear it? I would like I told you only had a couple of jokes that I've ever told since I'm a kid, and I told the one about the bulls balls a couple episodes ago. So this family goes to uh. When I was originally told to me, it was a family of a certain ethnicity, but I'm not going to use that now. Just whatever ethnicity you'd like the family to be. Anyway, it's a mother and father and and their son go to the circus and the father says, I'm gonna go get some food for everybody. I know what you guys want. I'll be back in a few minutes and he leaves, and you know, you know, the elephants is circling around and doing tricks. And the little boy says to the mother, he's like six or seven? Five six years old? Is he six or seven? Okay, hold on, we'll get to that. We'll get to that. Okay, we're gonna get to that, because that's on my list to talk about. There's a there's a it's on my list today problem. Okay, all right, all right. So the little boy says to his I'm sorry, it's a little girl, the little girl. That's a boy. It's a boy. The boy says to his mother, ma, what's that long thing on the elephant, And the mother says, oh, that's his trunk, son, that's the elephant's trunk. And a little boy goes, no, no, no, no, no, the long thing in the in the back. And she goes, oh, oh, that's his tail, that's his tail. Just no, no, mommy, the thing in the back underneath, the thing hanging down, what is that? Just oh, that's nothing, that's nothing. So the boy kind of gets frustrated and his mother's not going to tell him what it is, and so the father comes back with the food, and the mother says, oh, glad you brought the food. I don't want to leave him alone. I got to go to the bathroom of bread back. So she leaves and the little boy says, Dad, can you help me? What's the long thing on the elephant called? And he says, Oh, that's that's his trunk, son, the elephants trunk? No, Dad, the thing in the back? What that, son? That's his tail? Dad? No, the thing the long thing underneath? What is that? Oh, that's his dick, son, And he says to his father, Oh, that's his dick. Mom said that was nothing, and the man says to his son, son, I spoil that woman. Hi. Oh yeah, oh, now in public he grabs his crotch. You know I would rab my crotch, son, I spoil that woman. So that's the joke. He said it was nothing, and he said that's cute. That's cute. Now, I guess he had a big smile. Based on your back to six.
Speaker 2: Seven with all the kids, I put it on my story, by the way, because it's annoying me.
Speaker 3: It's been annoying me for a while. Now we're all right, kids school, it looks like they're juggling something and they say six seven six seven. All it means, no, no, no, it's it's six seven seven. They had seven. Why why are people doing this? It started with a kid at a basketball game, not exactly. So look, first of all, it's been in the news a lot the last couple of weeks because some schools are outlawing it. They are forbidding real students from saying it. And what if it doesn't have any negative connotation to it? Hold on. Some teachers have realized that if they play into it and say it, the kids will think it's no longer cool because now adults are saying it. Right. Okay, look I looked up and I can explain where it comes from. But it's a song by Scrilla. He's a rapper and in the song he says, write the lyrics are six seven. But then again, you can google it. You don't have to correct me. I do. I don't care that much. But there was a video of an influential basketball player asked his teammate in college or whatever, Hey, what do you think of that? Do Starbucks drink? And he was, I don't know, it's maybe a six, and they started doing like he said doing videos, and then and then and then Alonso Ball, one of the ball kids who plays basketball is six foot seven, right, played the song before all this, and before the Scrilla song. There was a kid at a game, at a game again and he didn't know what to say it to the camera, so he just goes six seven. So apparently Scrilla took it off the kid somehow, because the kid went viral. That kid went viral. Yes, the kid, the kid, he was a broccoli head, a broccoli head kid who broccoli. He became a meme. And right, here's the point of it. It's meaningless. It doesn't mean anything. Say it right, people say it. The kids say it because it's the cool thing to say. So if your teacher says, like, hey, turn to page sixty seven, ah six seven, they and like they write, it's almost they get there.
Speaker 2: And it's almost like they're really they it's like their own little cool thing.
Speaker 3: It's like we know what we're doing, but they don't. We know, and if you know, you know, but they don't know.
Speaker 2: So we're just gonna like, like, for instance, someone was being in these kids are being interviewed by some adult and on on Instagram, and the answer was I don't know, six seven, and then they looked at each other like we just got over on him.
Speaker 3: No stupidity, Yeah, but that's what it is. So again, some teachers are like deliberately saying turn the page six seven, or like they'll say it's six or seven minutes before lunchtime, like they're they're working it in to desensitize the kids, where it's like, well, missus mcgillicutt's saying, it's not cool anymore.
Speaker 2: That's the by the way, that is the best way to deal with it, not to outlaw it.
Speaker 3: If you out if you say, you can't do that anymore than they're gonna do it. I want to do it more, right, right, stupidity, right, So some schools have outlawed saying it numbers numbers, So that's stupid. I want to know who these schools are. So a lot of uh gen xers and gen zs are like writing articles now and newspapers and magazines over the philosophy behind it and what we used to say when we were kids that was stupid and annoying. You know, didn't mean we oh we had a.
Speaker 2: Few scope scope. We used to just say scope we used to put our hands on our dick.
Speaker 3: So scoped, you didn't do that. I don't know what that means. Okay, it was it was after your time? Well what about? What about?
Speaker 2: We did some other things too, like foolishness.
Speaker 3: Or whatever the case. It's their foolishness. And the more it upsets adults or they get confused, I don't know what it means, the more they think, they're like, aha, you don't know what. In fact, so's here's what south Park did, and she was south Park did. South Park came back last month with episode with the season twenty seven, and after episode five, they ended the season and then they started a new season starting in episode twenty eight immediately following, and they they skipped episodes six and seven and went right to the eighth episode and the whole episode was about six seven and Cartman being annoyed by it. So they did a whole episode. They deliberately skipped six episodes six seven, something like that. Yeah, that's hysterical. I love it. South Park's on it to this day. Go, yeah, she's on it. Who's that She's on it? The Beastie boys? Thank you? All right? Yep, oh, when we come back. I got to tell you what I did this weekend. I don't think I told you? Did I tell you where it benefit? You didn't tell me that that was the daytime. I didn't tell you what I did at night? Oh all right, So what'd you do that without me? Saturday night? I was in bed.
Speaker 2: And about a quarter after twelve, my buddy Phil, who is a camera person for Saturday Night Live, in the middle of the show.
Speaker 3: They must have been in a commercial break. He texts me and he goes, Look, I rarely go to these shows the after parties.
Speaker 2: He goes, but I'm gonna go tonight. He goes, you want to meet me one thirty and meet me outside. I'll tell you where the where the party is now? This is the Grand Pooh Bah Saturday Night Life party. This is the one where all the cast members, the writers, the staff, that heart of house, front of house, everybody shows up and of course the host musical guests always show up too.
Speaker 3: Who is it this weekend? Sabrina Carpenter. So I look, I'm like, I'm dead tired. I don't know. I didn't really I passed on going out for the night robin.
Speaker 2: When were her dad to the back to the Food Festival to hang out with Bobby Flay.
Speaker 3: She was already home in bed, and I'm like, you know what, wait wait, wait, wait a second, wait a second. If Robin was available, you would have taken it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, no no.
Speaker 2: He was like, who bring what you want? He goes, I get to walk in one shot, deal with whoever you're with. So I said, it's a quarter after twelve, I'm by myself. I immediately jump into action. One of my buddies was at Dre's. Forgot about Dres but at Dre's in the city, which was it's Vegas based club. They're now in the city. Another one of my boys was at Seville. I said, look, I called Joe Lupo and Jetski Bryan and I said, look, I don't want to get in the shower and do this and go meet Phil on my own. Would you guys come with me? And they're like yeah. I'm like great, I'm on my way. Jump in the shower, take an uber, go to the city, meet up with Brian and Joe, and then one point thirty we meet my boy Phil on the sidewalk. The party was at some some bar in Times Square where it's been before.
Speaker 3: They always they always have a rotation of places.
Speaker 2: It changes every week because they don't want to be you know that they don't want you know, throw people off the scent, you know. So we walk in and the four of us all right, and we're hanging out at the front area bar. There's a bar in the front. There's also a bar in the back, but there's also like seated areas in the back, and everything is accessible to everybody.
Speaker 3: So Phil's looking around. He goes, I think it's gonna be a light one this week.
Speaker 2: I don't see Keenan Thompson, and I don't see Bowen Yang. He wasn't even on the show really because I don't know man. And then so but then Colin jo just walks in, like oh that's cool. And then we saw Sarah Sherman and a few of the other people. Right, these are the cast members. Lord Michaels was there. Apparently I didn't see him until like much later whatever, but he was there as well. So now it's again about a half hour in and in walks Sabrina and her entourage. Now they go to the back, they go to the Now normally they go to the back area and sit down with there's like table service.
Speaker 3: That's what Phil says. Well. Ten minutes later, Sabrina, out of nowhere, comes toward the front to go to get a drink at the bar, like with her people, and feels like, that's so weird. I've never seen a host or a musical guest, let alone any of the AS members hang out at this front bar where we're hanging out right now.
Speaker 2: But it was a big crowded air. It was a crowded bar. You couldn't even get to the front. So she was there with her unto right now. And now I'm like sitting there and I'm like, a, maybe I better not interrupt her just yet.
Speaker 3: Let's let her settled in Brody.
Speaker 2: I swear we could call Jetski Brian right now, we could call Phil right now, we call Joe Lupo right now. I swear on everybody in my family who's passed away. We were talking in a circle about five feet away from her. We're just talking, minding our own business.
Speaker 3: She breaks the circle and comes up to me and gives me a big hug and a kiss. Now, she didn't say my name because she's like, he's that guy from the Elvis show, but I know him. She came up to me, She's like, hey, how you doing, And my friends look at me like, holy shit, he does know her. They do know each other because they didn't bel me. And then I said, you know, congratulations on everything. And then she gets back to what she was doing and then we continue talking. An hour later, we were in the back. She was also in the back. She comes walking through. I actually lean out.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, I'm like, you know, I got to tell Elvis I saw you here tonight, and you know, I just want to let you know that you've been on this trajectory we haven't, you know, Because truth be told, Sabrina has been in the studio seven.
Speaker 3: Eight times over the and Brody, you were there for this.
Speaker 2: As well, right for all those years and then the last well the last two when when her when she went when it's super stardom, No, it's because I'm not there, be honest.
Speaker 3: Aha. For the past two years, she's been like inaccessible. She's all over the place. Once once Short.
Speaker 2: And Sweet album the album came out, which is a smash album with all.
Speaker 3: The hits on it. You know, she's been you know, busy, so so I said, listen, Sabrina, I said, you know, we were there from the beginning. I said, just know that we still talk about you on the air every morning. As I said to her, I said to her, reminded her where you're from.
Speaker 2: I just no, no, I didn't say I'm scary. I just said, I assumed she knew. So I assumed she knew.
Speaker 3: It was Elvis. I said, just say no. I spoke to Elvis.
Speaker 2: As soon as I said Elvis, I spoke to Elvis, and uh, you know, you know, we're your biggest cheerleaders.
Speaker 3: We still want, you know, talk about you on the air every morning.
Speaker 2: You know, we're playing all your songs and stuff, and we're big supporters, so we're just so excited. Sometimes we we we.
Speaker 3: Feel like we we we could cry and shed a tear because of you could see all the success that you had, and we saw you from the very beginning. To see this it makes us cry sometimes. I said that, I said, and she says, oh my god, that's so sweet. Thank you so much. I said, don't be a stranger, come visit us.
Speaker 2: And then that was it. It was about a minute conversation that how with her no, because I'll tell you why. I understand why. No, I understand why I wanted so badly to pull out my phone and take a picture. But the the SNL after party is such a closed environment.
Speaker 3: No nobody takes out their cameras. You can look around the room, hundreds of people out there in the in the room, nobody's taking pictures, nobody's.
Speaker 2: Posing, and it's just not that place, you know. And I didn't want to be that guy as much as Bertie. As much as I did want to be.
Speaker 3: That guy, she looked so beautiful, she was in this white dress. I just we said a nice conversation and we parted ways. But you would have reached for the camera. That's where I was going with this. You would have found a way. No, No, I have. I have like seven pictures with Sabrina Carpenter. I'm good. I've I have a video of her talking to my kids, you know, saying hi to them. I have pictures with our jingle balls backstage with my kids. Yeah. No, we all we all have. Listen, you're the same for Taylor Swift, same thing. Oh I I I have pictures. I have to give more pictures with Taylor than you do with Sabrina. I have a lot with both of them. They're both really I listen, I like both of them very much. You're you're now the umptieth person who said picks or it didn't happen or no, no, I I I said picks. I I know it happened. But I think I think the slices slices. I have a feeling that some of you have been thinking my next question all along while you heard that conversation. Uh so you're probably like, why isn't Brody saying the thing that he was gonna ask? So the reason I asked you if you would bring Robin is I wasn't sure if you could bring a guest, and then you went about you brought three guests. Yeah, yeah, but it was well, well Robin was already home in a sleep, now, yeah, I was also, you know, I stand by you. Probably you probably probably went through your head and you're like, who who would probably really appreciate going to a Saturday Night Live party? And you thought, oh, some guys that don't really talk about comedy or Saturday Night Live very much.
Speaker 2: Well, my favorite is Jetski. Bryan didn't know she was until I had to sing three her songs anything. Oh, and he knew all the songs because oh, that's her. And then Joe Lupo was like, yeah, Sabrina Carpenter, is that like a Karen Carpenter?
Speaker 3: Like he had no clue was at all? Yeah? And of your of the friends you brought, how many of them knew who Sarah Sherman was? None of them? No? Yeah, yeah, So anyway, but anyway, so you probably you probably should have dug deep and thought, who do I know? Oh, come on, I really really appreciate Oh, going to a Saturday night live party. Someone maybe who did a Saturday Night Live podcast last week. You can look for it on the Geekscape network.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, You're not gonna get on me for this.
Speaker 3: This was a text. Okay, I'm gonna set the stage. I'm just gonna say one thing. It was twelve fifteen am and I was literally half of the bad my apartment. Hold on, hold on, yeah, and he texted me, he goes, ro he goes, I'm gonna go to the party. Meet me one everybody heard this. Meet me onebody sharp. You tell me where you are at twelve fifteen in the morning, and that you're gonna fucking get your ass up and drive from Jersey to meet me, and'll tell you where Time Square was. Times Square, I'll tell you where I was. I was completely dressed, sitting on my couch watching Saturday Night Live because I'm a fan watching the show live, and I would have jumped in my car and absolutely, but it's okay. You probably didn't think of me. You're like, Oh, if only I knew somebody who'd really really appreciate this, someone who maybe has been out in the spotlight for a while, and it would like really get a double kick out of being able to hobnob with those people. Again. You know, someone who knows Sabrina Carpenter and worship Saturday Night Live since he's a kid and knows all the people on the show and talks to you and and again, just did a podcast. Look it up on the Geekscape network. I did a Saturday Light podcast last week. All right, So, my boy Phil, my boy Phil has been there for like a long time, like twenty something years. Okay, now, oh so twenty years if you're not asking me about.
Speaker 2: There will be other times. Okay, he does not. Now, he's got a wife and kids. He didn't like to go. He didn't like to go to the parties, and he likes to like avoid them. So he likes to hang out with his family and does that. He doesn't deal with the parties. But I will say on an occasion that he decides to go. If it happens again, I'll I'll let you know. Hopefully I'll get more lee, you know, more you know, hang time, more heads up, more of a heads up. But you know, we were Robin and I were actually on standby because.
Speaker 3: He know, Phil knows.
Speaker 2: Listen, dude, if anything, if you can hook a brother up, please let us know if any tickets come available for the show. But it that that never happens ever. But you know, but look, going to the after parties the next best thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from what I understand, sure, yeah, but anyway, you see, you see what I put up with this? Why he gives away my food to Cubby's wife. The short of it here is I got the short of it here. Sabrina is as humble, no, no, she's as humble and as gracious as sweet sweet woman now as she as she was on day one when we first met her. I'm just gonna throw that out there and yep, that's the kind of person she is, all right and rody. If she saw you in the street, she would do the same thing, no matter how absolutely how big of a celebrity she is. They know who they remember? What's her name? The lead the lead singer from the girl group who dated? Oh god, you know what I'm talking about? Black Hair? She dated the solo singer. Okay, of which band? Show? She was in? A girl band? That wasn't girl band? Little Mix? What was the other girl band? Three l W Nope, the bigger one, the bigger one, the big the biggest girl band in the years? Oh, I know a fifth Harmony? Yeah? And what was the girl who? Right? Come, thank you? I could you want a blank? When Camilla Kabe would see me like backstage crowds everywhere at jingle Ball, she'd come running over to me, Oh my god, brody, ow you doing like People like that remember that they're trained to be to remember, but also they make the effort to remember people, so it doesn't surprise me. I bumped into Sabrina called and at at the at the pre show? What was the pre show at the Hammerstein? How the jingle Ball Show? Yeah? Right, I was walking the hall backstage, she saw me. She came running over to me, like that's the way she is. She's like, oh my god, Brodie, I'm I'm so excited to play playing jingle ball. Like I was, like, are your daughters here? Like they remember what you like? They just She's one of those people that was like real and genuine and humble and whether or not she's on all fours sniff in a guy's clocket. And you know who's also like.
Speaker 2: That, Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga the same things. She's like that with us. So anyway, all right, enough about us, let's talk about us after this My Boys podcast.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about two places I went to eat and drink that I found unusual. So the first place I went, I went to a coffee shop. I'll take it to the coffee shop anyway. So I went to this coffee shop with a friend of mine to leave. It's like it's like a cafe. So they have lattes, cappuccinos and you know, cakes and muffins and things. But it's like it's it's a it's a it's a family owned thing. It's not like it's not a chain r in it and so I said I'd like a latte and uh, she said, oh do you want? Uh what kind of milk? You want? Regular milk, MILKKESHI and milk, soy milk or some of the milk just milk, almond milk, right, I said milk, Yeah, but what kind milk? Milk? And I said milk, milk. I said milk, milk, white milk. I said milk milk. I said milk. I said white milk. I said milk milk. And she was regular milk. I said milk. I said, you have one percent just no, we just have regular milk. I go, yeah. Then that I said, if there's no I said, if it's just from the cow, that milk, I want that milk, like I'm it's just milk. So I try to say again, if it's almond milk and almond soy and cashew not milk. They're made from milks that's water but with nuts. Right. But even if it's goat milk, if you have to put an adjective in front of it, it's not milk. I want milk. Milk. When you say milk, like even breast milk the definitive milk in our world. In America is cow milk. You don't say cow milk, say breast milk. You say breast milk. Women women's milk designed for babies is pres Milcondary is secondary in our language to milk. Say milk. What about cream? Half and a half? It's all from the cow. Just that's it. If you say any kind of the cream, heavy cream, heavy cream like creavy cream is from the cow. They're all from the cow. Cow half and half. It's half cream and half milk. If I say, if I say I have meat, you most likely gon think it's a cow.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna think beef right away. You say meat, I say, I think beef.
Speaker 3: It's what's for dinner? All right, Okay, So that's my that's my milk milk story. So then over the weekend, I went to a place a first slice of pizza, and I wanted to pick cash because they charge you, you know, four cents four percent, and I'm paying four percent tax to use my credit card for a slice of pizza. So I said, how much is the pizza? So I get I get a slice of pizza and she goes four fifty three with tax. So now most places will round that down. So I said, four fifty. You're rounding it down for me. Just no, I can't do that, I said, Ah, I guess I get stuck with the pennies. So I give her a five dollar bill and scary, quickly, what's the change for fifty three? What's the change? Quickly? Go five three three, forty seven cents? My god, it took you a long time. Well, okay, I'm rushed, I'm a little rusty. Okay, so now you're gonna get mad at me for telling you the rest of the story. But she she she looks up right, she looks up and she goes, oh good, and then she goes she goes okay, and then she so she didn't like the register. Don't tell her how much. It's an old register in a pizza place. It's not like digital. So she says, it takes the coins right and supposed to give me forty seven cents. So she gives me me forty two cents. So I look at my hand because I didn't trust her in the way she was counting. I said forty two cents. So I said, now, what would you do? Well, what do you mean? What did I do? What did I do? What would you do. If she gave you forty two cents stead of forty seven cents.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even look at the change. I just throw it in my pocket. I probably wouldn't even realize that she made a mistake.
Speaker 3: Exactly the opposite of what I did. Of course you did. Could you count change like you count quarters and dimes and nickels? Oh, hold on a second. It was only because I brought it off. But I said I didn't want pennies. And then I didn't trust her because she's counting by looking in the sky. If you got a sky count, I'm not trusting you. Also, also, sometimes they give you too much, and I always give them the extra change bag. I'm like, oh, you gave me too much. I also fifty to fifty I wasn't truef she gave me not enough or so when I counted it, she went said, be okay, And I said, well, you gave me forty two cents, and she would yep, And I go, yeah, but seven and three is ten. You'ds forty seven cents? Oh so I, so, I said, would I said you owe me a nickel? I said, so here, take this nickel back and give me a dime. And that fucking blew her mind. He's like, no, let me just give you the nickel. I'm like, god, oh my god, that's hysterical.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny you mentioned that because when we were getting a drink at Drey's, you know, you forgot about Dreys but they exist.
Speaker 3: They're here in New York. Brian and I we were getting like meat drink from me, Brian and Lupo, and Brian paid with one hundred dollars one hundred dollars bill cash. Okay, could you just refer to those other people as the people I brought instead of you, Brody? Yeah, those three, those two Okay, so the three of us, So who did three drinks? Three drinks? You and Treys, You and Ho Me brought me Jetski Brian not me, and and those guys that I brought that instead of you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So so the drinks came to like sixty two dollars, gives him one hundred dollars bill. The guy goes away with the hundred, turns to the Castle register, doesn't come back for like minutes on minutes, and I'm looking at him.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, this guy's fucking confused, because let's face it, we live in a castless world. It's a it's a bar at a nightclub, so what you know, it's all credit cards. Nobody's paying with cash. It's like that's credit card or tap to pay, bullshit with your phone all that.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, he's gonna fuck it up. He's gonna suck it up. He goes, and then sure enough, he fucks it up.
Speaker 3: He gives him sixty eight dollars back. It was it was sixty two dollars change from one hundred? How much? Thirty two.
Speaker 1: Much?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, right, thirty eight? He gave him sixty eight. He's like, what the fuck are you doing? So he should have given him sixty seven six seven six seven six six.
Speaker 2: So Brian flipped it on him and said and and just didn't even tell him he fucked up and just gave it to all of all of it to him as a tip to make it look like he gave him a huge tip. So Brian, oh, so instead of saying you fucked up, bro, he took the money. He gave him his tip back, He gave him, ok his tip plus, he gave him an extra large tip. Oh okay, but you understand now that guy's register is gonna be short.
Speaker 3: Right because tippun corrected. Yeah, right, he took what he did.
Speaker 2: Then the bartender, then I guess, effectively stole money from the register because it went in his pocket.
Speaker 3: That's correct. Sure, his drawer is gonna be short. What did you say gave He gave him sixty two dollars, gave him sixty sixty eight dollars back instead of thirty eight. Oh so he's out thirty bucks, so his register's gonna be short thirty bucks. Brian should have just given him thirty bucks or whatever. But now now Brian fucked him, because that guy's gonna be like, oh, my drawer is short, and he's take it out of his tips. He's gonna spend the whole night thinking he fucked up, which he did, but he won't remember how he fucked up. Yeah, but it'll be even at the end of the night. Well, I get I guess so, but Brian got the props for giving him a big tip. That's what he got the credit. Okay, that's fine, that's funny, that's fine. Yeah, that's funny. All right, Okay, I need your I need a car opinion, need a car slices. This is where I need your a double a double car opinion. Okay, my buddy calls me. He needs my he needs he needs to know my opinion on this. He just went to a new doctor, a very uh well recommended, well established doctor. Okay. When he comes out of the office, the doctor's office, he sees the doctors leaving at the same time, like I guess they're finishing up end of the day whatever. And he sees the doctor gets into like a twenty twelve or twenty thirteen or fourteen and older, like a RAV four, like dirty and like beat up and everything. So he texts me and he says, should I worry that my doctor is not successful if he can't afford a nicer car then a beat up rav four. So he's judging this guy as possibly a shaky like doctor that he's not driving like a Mercedes Benz or a Beamer or a Porsche, that he's driving like a you know, so I had an opinion, but I want to hear what your opinion is. If you saw your doctor your surgeon to get out from a shipbox new listen slices, if you drive a call like that, I'm not offending. I'm not insulting your car, but he was insulting the car because he's like, well, doctor should probably drive a nicer car then a two thousand, you know, beat up four. What do you judge to push a fucking rab for? What was the Kanye line in uh In Run this Town? Yeah, to push a rab for anyway? I don't know. I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would think that he's not very successful as a doctor, because you Isn't It sad though, that that's where your mind goes, that you judging success by the car you drive. But when you think of doctors and dentists and surgeons and people of that ilk, you always think of them in fine cars, in beautiful expensive cars, luxury vehicles because you feel like they can afford it. Those are the people that drive the Mersades or they'll have like a Jaguar.
Speaker 3: Or something or one of those, you know. Yeah, so yeah, I would. I would assume what what the line? The line is? What you think I rapped for? To push a fucking rap for? It's brilliant? Yeah, that is, yeah anyway genius. So so you would judge the doctor, Well, you wouldn't judge that. I wouldjudge yeah, would judge judge the doctor. I would.
Speaker 2: I would, and and wrongfully. So you know, I'm not happy. I'm not happy that I would, but I couldn't help but it but.
Speaker 3: Right, So that's how he's worried about going back to that doctor now.
Speaker 2: But what would be the logic that would support him driving a ship box but still being successful.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you why because it's part two of my story. But number one, I had a cousin. I still have a cousin who's a doctor, very successful doctor, and he drives a modest car. Okay, because he did. He didn't want to appear flashy. And also that's not where he wanted to spend his money. He spent his money on a summer home or whatever or whatever. He didn't a fancy car. Look, you know people that are poor and drive BMW's because they want the show piece. They want people to think that have money, but they really don't. So this doctor was like, maybe maybe this is the car the doctor drives to work every day, Like you know, like my my beat up car that I drive to work every day, and I keep my Ferrari at home, so it's not to seem like I'm I'm too pretentious. Now. That leads me to my next story. Right, one of my neighbors. Before you go on, I just want to say, there are people out there that pretend they're rich. You know, they pull out they have a d oh no, no, they pull out a wad of bills and there's one hundred, but it's wrapped the hundred the singles.
Speaker 2: Right, it's wrapped around all single dollar bills. So there are people out there that do that on purpose. But go ahead, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So one of the guys, one of my neighbors here where I live, has a beat up pickup truck YEP, and so I was talking to him. He's like, oh, I'm looking to get a new pickup truck. I said, Oh, what are you going to get? He goes, well, business has been really good and it's fall clean up time, so we make a lot of money during fall clean up, you know, here in this area. He says, I'm going to get a new truck. But I goes, I goes, oh, So I'm not going to say what kind of truck he had, but I said, oh, you're going to get the highest end truck of that model, and he goes, no, no, I'm gonna get like the low end model. I said, why, he said, that's the opposite of what I just told you. He says, I got to get a modest truck because when I go to people's houses to do their landscaping, I don't want them to I don't want them to think I'm making too much money, that they think I must be charging him too much money. So I don't want a truck that looks like I have too much money. So I'm probably going to buy a newer use truck and just call it a day because I can't show up guy as other other truck. So that basically he's got the expensive car at home and he goes to work in the ship box. Well, no, his wife has a different car. His car is his truck. Like so when he got when he shows up to somebody's house. Yeah, I understand. So it's the reverse. He doesn't want a nice car because he doesn't want people to think he's making too much money. Okay, then don't don't you want people to think that you're a successful landscaper. We're like a lot of people are paying you. He has, Nope, I know my people, they're gonna think I'm I'm charging them too much. So know your audience. I suppose so slices Number one, would you trust the doctor with a shitty car? And number two if a guy came to your house like a guy who does regular work, Like if you're a housekeeper, if your housekeeper showed up to your house in like a fancier car than you have, would you be like, I'm paying this woman a man too much? Right, you would judge them by the car if you if you're a hot Like again, how housekeepers do very well? They make money, God blessed them. They work hard. But if they're making more than you, you'd be like, whoa, whoa, what am I doing? The housekeepers making more than me? Yeah? So in what instance have you judged a person rightfully or wrongfully, good or bad because of the car and you completely judge them for it because of how nice or shitty their call was? All right? I like that? Bam boom bomb bam bam. I wanted to bring something up that could I don't know, may cause a stir here, but oh we don't want to stir on the Brooklyn Boys podcast. You know, all right? No, I don't know if it will or not. It may cause a stir with with with the listeners with the slices, but because we may have been on the same side of this fence, it's more of a all right, it's it's a theory that I have, okay, and that is okay. But remember whatever you said to Brian and Palm Springs. Just spit it out. Wait what I said? We you know what you said to Brian and Palm. Are you making more of these jokes? What? What kind of jokes? Okay?
Speaker 2: Brody, all right, listen. So you're out on like being you a third or fourth date with someone, all right, and you guys go out to dinner and she starts ordering everything on the menu. She's eating everything, going nuts. Okay, I think it's safe to say that you're not getting laid tonight because a woman who restrains and is in the mood to have sex or do anything is going to.
Speaker 3: Is going to eat light, is going to make sure that she's not bloated. So if you see her chowing down and going for everything, you're like, well, I'm fucked, that's it. It's over tonight. Well I'm not fucking exactly, You're unfucked. So you're saying when I took all my dates to trying to buffets, that was probably a bad sign, a bad thing to do. Bad strategy first.
Speaker 2: Was a bad strategy because now you're putting yourself right in it.
Speaker 3: If you're going if you're going out for Mexican food, forget it done. You're not coming to trading on the hookup. But yeah, yeah, same thing with with Chinese buffets. You're like, but if you keep it light, Like, let's say you go out for sushi, right and you guys are both eating like pigeons, like a little pecking at the food. Do pigeons eat sushi? I'm not aware of that. I don't know the pescatarian. So what do you what are you thinking? Do you think that they're that theory holds water? Does it hold weight? Does hold Do you think that water? No, I'm just wondering because a lot of people, a lot of people will say they don't. I've heard women. I've heard women say that like if if they're if they're planning on being intimate that night, they that they might, you know, they don't eat as much, which which which lends the question, but it begs the question, how are people having sex on cruises. I mean it's just non stop eating. It's not stop eating. I mean, uh, do you have to have sex in the morning before the cruise food starts right because no one's gonna no one's gonna come over your house after and then blow up the bathroom and then say all right, let's go, it's on. Yeah, I got, I got, I see as a guy, and I'm sure you'll admit this. I don't think food has never stopped me from wanting to be Are you serious? No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: On my end, like I'm you, I get Chinese buffet and stop. You gotta do what I how about? How about how about a Postromian rye and and some and a kindish from uh from catches Delhi? Yeah, I mean you don't have to be on top all the time the bottom what man? I didn't say overeat I'm just saying, like, like, guys don't act that way. Most guys. What's don't even go with the Italian food? I would say, not even Italian food? Come on, scary? Are you telling me? When you were single, single and if a girl was like really attractive, were you attracted to her? And You're like and they're like, come on, baby, let's get it on. You're like, nah, I had too much chicken palm. No frigging way. You have never turned down sex because you had too much food, and you've never turned down food because you had too much sex. No, I'm I can't know you. You've never been to a wedding where you gorge yourself on the on the on the happy hour at the beginning. Oh yeah, the cocktail hour, insane cocktail right in the dinner and then like the dessert table and it's like chocolate fountain and like and then like afterwards, you're like, oh, we're staying in a hotel here. We don't want to drive home after this. Yeah, you don't want sex after No, you know what I do? I go, I fall asleep, roll over, see you later. That's it, dude. No, and and and and that food has gotten this trapped at that point. That stuck. So I'm fucked like all weekend. No, nothing's happening on Springs the whole weekend.
Speaker 2: But my problem is is I like food too much these days, like food over Well, that's the problem.
Speaker 3: Scary first quart is scary you have in the sex. Fourth quurt of scary. I can see that. Look where where ladies and gentlemen who listen slices? Ladies, do you plan your meal around whether you're can have sex? And guys, have you ever not had sex because you had you were full? I can't imagine that. Oh I'm a little full, I can't have sex.
Speaker 2: No, No, maybe it holds true more for women.
Speaker 3: Maybe this is more of a woman thing. I don't know. Look, there's enough, there's enough positions that you can figure out. Look, i'm a little full. I got to Mexican.
Speaker 2: Mexican is a deal sealer, that is Ain't that ain't happening Mexican?
Speaker 3: Okay, I could no offense, I can. You're being racist because you're you're discriminating and no, I'm sorry. That happens to be heavy race.
Speaker 2: No, that food happens to be the heaviest fucking food of all the for Italians.
Speaker 3: Second, here's what I'll say, man on top missionary, when you're full, No, you've got to support your own weight, and your butt's in the air, and God forbid your fart. So no, that's out. I'll give you that, but on your back or standing or some other you know, guys can I don't know, man, I don't know. I want to hear from the slices on that one if we can, All right, I want to play a bit of audio here off my phone. This was a sportscaster who who thought he thought they weren't on the air. So let me say, oh, I heard this was this? Uh? Was this the Detroit Detroit Tigers. Three two? We are also hold on?
Speaker 2: Hold on here this No, it's not it's there's something it is.
Speaker 3: I'm the Detroit Tigers radio network. Damn tradinal. I don't have to do a game out. Fuck you get this game recap? Oh, I'm sorry. Three two? We are also strong. Yeah. Man was lost and he didn't want to do a recap. They got lost badly. He's I gotta do a fucking recap. He's like doing a countdown three yes? Oh did I say that out loud?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: On the fucking yeah. Dude, you're a professional broadcaster. What are you doing right? You got to act like the mic is always live. Did we play the ten ten wins audio a few weeks ago? I don't remember ten ten wins.
Speaker 2: When they were in the middle of the afternoon, all of a sudden, a porno start erupts.
Speaker 3: Look at Yeah, we played that. We played, We did play play. I'll tell you what happened over the weekend. They were I was listening to Uh it had to be w f A N right where that's FM radio And because it's on satellite and my car, I can back it up and record it. So on F A N they were they were playing a clip of an interview of a football player after the game. So the guy's like, yeah, we know, we tried really hard. The defense is playing whatever in the background your here, Well you get a lot of arrant noise at the game, but here, but here's the no. It wasn't it the game, dude. It was a pre recorded locker room interview clip. It wasn't live. Had nothing to do with it. Sounds it doesn't it did it on purpose. Listen to me talk Lass Talk Lass in the clip that they recorded in the locker room after the game. Yeah, one of the other players in a recorded clip in the background was cursing to some other guy like no, like in the background. Okay. My point is, you're an audio editor. You and I both had the same job to edit audio before it went on the air. Whoever pulled that clip, didn't hear the curse, so they played it over and we're sure that it wasn't live. Okay, oh, here's a here's a clip of of of what Mike talking about the game. Somebody, then, somebody could have lost their job that night because they needed to see they needed to catch that. Yeah, it's like, yeah, man, the defense is like in the in the background, you heard it. It wasn't like, oh well, it wasn't like someone screamed it, but you could hear it in the background. I heard it. Anyone on the radio heard it. Now, can they be fined? It was unintentional, it was inadvertent. It was fleeting. If it's fleeting, it's not. It was fleeting penalty, right, It's just somebody didn't do their job. Somebody missed the background noise and missed the curse. That's all. To hear it on regular radio, it's odd out of context, that's all out of place. But this guy, the Detroit Tiger's announcer, blatant, blatant, Now speaking of Italian food, I did want to ask your opinion, and this is our last break, right, Yeah, so this is my last question for the night. This was on a Facebook page in the Jersey Chicken Palm ratings group that I'm in unpopular opinion. Now, you can give me your opinion, and I'll tell you what I said, what everybody else said, slices. I want your opinion, unpopular opinion. You don't need pasta with your chicken palm? Is that blasphemous? You don't need pasta with your chicken parm? Whoa, whoa. First of all, that's way too much carbs you already get in the chicken palm. Many you get many, many, many chicken carbs. May chicken carbs, chicken chicken palm carbs you got, you got, You got the breading on the chicken. You got the bread itself, the hero roll.
Speaker 2: You don't need more. You don't need pasta. You don't need anything at that point. You need a vegetable or a salad.
Speaker 3: No vegetable. Okay, So here's what I wrote. I was out to dinner with my friend Jeff the other night, and we went to a place. The chicken palm scary was thirty dollars. Okay, better have been great palm, better been supreme parm. Hold on, hold on, it said spaghetti cart. How much should the spaghetti ali cart be with the thirty dollars chicken palm spaghetti, well fifteen, because for thirty dollars they should have get what what do you what? Just died? Shit on my bed, shit on my bed. How much should the pasta be? Oh no, fifteen, one hundred and fifteen hundred and ten fifteen dollars for a side of spaghetti. I am not going to dinner with you unless you're paying for it. Well, it makes sense because the sandwich has to be fifteen dollars. So it wasn't a sandwich, It was a chicken palm can parm Okay, so chicken park is palm on a plate, parm on a plate. But nothing doesn't come with anything pasta ten cents worth of pasta. So so you're saying it should be twenty ten, I'm saying ten ten for the sign free free. It was eight. It was eight dollars for the pasta. I'm not paying eight dollars when it should come for free with my thirty dollar chicken palm pasta is a dollar. I think it cost nothing.
Speaker 2: Just talking about let me say something. You know you you are your delusion?
Speaker 3: Order a burger if I order a burger, a burger and a restaurant for fries with fries, it better come with fries, and it aways better be three. The fries better be three or four dollars. They shouldn't be eight dollars. You are.
Speaker 2: I don't know when where where you go out to eat, but where I go out to eat, sometimes the burger does not come with fries.
Speaker 3: If it's a gourmet burger, you order the fries separately. A lot of times burgers do come with fries. But but the last thing I'm expecting with my chicken palm is a side of pasta. That every Italian restaurant you ever went to as a kid growing up in Brooklyn was chicken palm and spaghetti at Cappellini l in Guini. That's that's true, But there's always some old person that was, like, can I get zd instead of spaghetti? But for the amount that they're giving you in the plate of the pasta, I don't know how well, but but it costs more money. The chicken cost a lot, like double triple what the pasta cost. What I'm saying is, if you're giving me a side of pasta big side of pasta with my chicken palm. Okay. If I was to separate that out and just order that by itself the pasta, I would expect to pay fifteen dollars ten to fifteen dollars at least, I mean, do I want to pay that? No? Is that expensive? Yes, but that's the cost of doing business. So here's what some of the people said who replied to this post after I wrote what I wrote. I'm a person who mixes my chicken and pasta together on the fork. I want both or I'm not eating it. This person wrote, pasta comes with chicken palm and the story Burger twelve a burger comes with fries done. This person wrote, that's ridiculous. I wonder how many people pay eight dollars for a side of pasta when you can get eight pounds of pasta for almost the same price. Dang, wait a second, how much are they expecting to fucking pay? Hold on? This person wrote, I hate batteries not included as products out So these people are in their fucking seventies. I'm sorry, no question about it. Fuck that ship. I want pasta a bunch of Karens. This is, by the way, this is why I stay on Facebook. Is this what this one was Facebook, dude one, this person who rose facence. No, this person wrote greens are nice. Fuck that person. I don't want greens next to my chicken.
Speaker 2: I am sick of the I am sick of these of of of these Karens and these six year old people.
Speaker 3: On Facebook. You're talking You're talking about me. Yes, yes, I'm talking about you. I am not in my sixties. Go fuck yourself. And second of all, I'm not bitching and complaining. This guy asked an opinions unpopular opinion Facebook, don't need pasta Facebook? Facebook scary? Such a wasteland question. Scary. I'll put the same question on Instagram and see what people say. They're gonna get different responses. Yeah, and blue sky and TikTok. I'll put it everywhere, but you know what, you know, I'm gonna put it where it's more important than anywhere else in the world. On The Brooklyn Boys podcast slices, do you should you get pasta with your chicken? Palm? Should you get fries with your burger? It's not a should you get should you get should you get jelly with your peanut butter? Yes? You should? All right, I'm gonna say, this is the Lord, I'm sooner expecting fries with my burger than i am pasta with my chicken palm. If they do it as a combo, and if they give it to you, that's great. But how much would you expect to pay for a side of it on its own? Not three dollars? Bro, If you go to outback steakhouse for a steak, you'll get two sides. Okay, well that's air back and that's their rules, do you you don't don't, no rules, They don't rules. Nope, no rules, just right. They don't.
Speaker 2: They don't give you. They don't give you a bloom an onion with it as a side. You can't choose all the money that's extra?
Speaker 3: Why is it? That's not? Why is an experciser? It's not because it's an appetizer. It's not a side, dumb ass, It could be a side. It's onions. It's like a no, it's a giant fifteen dollars, a heart attack machine. Whatever. You don't get blooming on you. But there's not a side you get a side of, like carrots or baked potato or mess potatoes. Those are sides you don't get nachos as a side. If I go to some of these restaurants and they offer me a coconut shrimp as a side, they offer me both. If they go offer me that an item with two sides, that's amazing. I see it as a gift. I see it as okay, cool. I wasn't I under was underpromised and they over delivered, and I I don't expect it. That's the problem. Can you? How can you only eat one thing? I've chicken palm because I've had chicken palm before, and chicken palm comes on a plate with any side of bread and maybe a salad, a side salad. But if you're giving the pasta pasta, if you're giving me pasta, that that's a bonus that but I can't come to a you can't expect it. If you went to Kentucky Fried Chicken for a bucket of chicken for you and your family that you don't have, would you walk out with a bucket of chicken and no sides? You gotta have like stuffed? Like yeah, okay? When you go to Thanksgiving dinner. When you go to Thanksgiving dinner, if your mom comes out with a turkey or your father and a turkey and nothing else. Yeah, nothing, no potatoes, no sweetatoes, no stuffing, no cranberry sauce, nothing, here's your turkey. Enjoy it. And they're like, oh, you want stuffing fifteen dollars. You're not going back to your mother's house for Thanksgiving? Fuck you you're talking about someone's house. Well you're talking. Go back to KFC for a second. If a bucket of chicken is a bucket of chicken, you better get sized with that. You want a size potatoes, you pay for a side because there's another item. It's a different item. It's called on. My point is you have to have sides. You have to get okay kids having a Yes, you can have it at a price. It comes at a price. That's what for eight dollars for pasta for a scary for thirty bucks, throw in the pasta or charge me. I think that's reasonable. What was my original answer, fifteen dollars? I think eat the money. It is a lot of money. Chicken. You can get chicken pump with fifteen dollars in most places if you wanted the side. So guess what I didn't get chicken palm. It was my first time in an Italian restaurant, not in chicken palm because maybe it didn't come with pasta. I wasn't paying thirty eight dollars for chicken palm and spaghetti. No, sorry, not gonna do it. Which restaurant was this? That's that's expensive parm right there? That's up thirty eight thirty dollars is a lot. That's which I which I imagine it's very good, but I didn't have it. I even asked, I don't expect it to split the parm. I said, why don't we split the palm and then we'll split a pizza because I hear the pizzas are good here. He's like, nah, I want to split parm. I'm like, ah, fuck you. I would have paid for half a parm. I just not made a money. I gotta I gotta want to understand that.
Speaker 2: I understand that, but I just can't believe that you've come to expect that it comes with these things.
Speaker 3: Well, that's for free slices. Leave us, got lots of talk back to, lots of homework, a lot do your job. I'm gonna go eat some spaghetti for free in my house. Yeah, I'm gonna chicken farm in spaghetti's. That's my husband and wife. They go together. So Brom, I'll see you soon. Maybe Brooklyn Boys, brol bro No Boys, brock brockl