Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This he's Talking Cowboys, springing live from the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 3: At the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 1: To take Burger's here.
Speaker 5: That's got TINSI any paint touchdown And now.
Speaker 6: Your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's a terrific Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 1: In the s WBC studios.
Speaker 2: Welcome in, everybody. We've got the whole caster crew ready to rock today. Patrick Nosey, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 3: And now we got a raid going on in here.
Speaker 7: For a second, what was that Chris sold the cloud? Wait wait, wait, it's actually a clap bro.
Speaker 8: Oh no way, Now you can't clap dirty wait or else the lights.
Speaker 5: But what if we believe in Javonte, Let's go. Let's go, bro, So we got the studio was like clap for me. I don't feel like coming in there and changing the lights. I just saw some new clap.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, so I'm thinking Biamer's just like joking around. He's a joker.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: So I clap and it changes. I'm like, oh, that was great timing.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 1: I forgot I completely the show.
Speaker 3: I was wondering what was going on, all the lights switching, and I was like, I guess it's a rave.
Speaker 8: I don't know if that's a great idea now that we think.
Speaker 1: Of, Bro, everybody when they're doing their other shows. I'm walking by just clapping. Crawl on the ground over here, just start clapping. We're gonna have some fun with it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Every time we do the Javante clap from here on out, it's gonna be pink.
Speaker 3: And white and blue.
Speaker 8: And oh that was all the clapping you can handle on talking cowboys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. That's hey. We have fun in here.
Speaker 10: That is wait, no doubt, just make it clap, there's no doubt. All right, gentlemen, and we're off. Enough of the man buns, chill out, enough of the man cool off.
Speaker 1: I tell you.
Speaker 3: All right, we've got to get into some news and notes here for the cowboys. Today is our cowboys offense?
Speaker 2: Or excuse me, defensive preview going up against the Las Vegas Raiders offense.
Speaker 3: We talked about the flip side of the matchup yesterday.
Speaker 2: And Isaiah did a great job going through it on QB Vision about what the Raiders bring on the defensive side. We'll also have lab Coat ready to rock. We're gonna get a health healthy serving of science.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for that. And so Pat will let you start it off here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just a couple of news and notes. I mean, for those that may not know the offensive tackle Jeron Christian. He was actually poached from the practice squad by the Denver Broncos. So lose one game one. Yesterday, the Cowboys signed offensive tackle Marcellus Johnson to the practice squad. Johnson's an undrafted free agent from twenty twenty four, so young guy.
Speaker 1: He's in year two.
Speaker 6: He spent both of his seasons to this point between the New York Giants and the Minnesota Vikings practice squad, kind of oscillating between those two teams before more recently going with the Indianapolis coach which is where the Cowboys acquired him from, or I should say after that stint. So that's the only transaction for yesterday just a practice squad transaction. We already know the huge news we talked about yesterday Agent zero de marveon overshown Cifon revel they were activated to the active roster from are So that's basically the what they have going on now. Today the Cowboys will return to practice for the first time since the marshaw neland tragedy. So that's going to be critical to see how they move forward. And I loved how Brian Schottenheimer worded that so eloquently, say we don't move on, we move forward, perfectly stated. So that process has already begun, but it really becomes a rubber meeting the road type thing today when they put their cleats in the grass.
Speaker 2: So that'll be today, And he did say in the press or yesterday, so he said, for some guys, that's going to be the best thing.
Speaker 3: For other guys, it's going to be emotional.
Speaker 2: And I can understand that sense of it following a loss like that, and today is going to be extra emotional because it's also the first time that they're putting on pads. They're going to be standing next to his locker, they're going to be all together in the sense of they've already done that from a classroom standpoint this week, but from a practice standpoint, they haven't done it without Marshawn.
Speaker 3: And then it's going to end up being emotional on Monday too, I'm sure so.
Speaker 8: But I loved what he said. I mean overall, I mean, just watch that press conference.
Speaker 3: It was amazing how.
Speaker 8: Upfront he was with everything and obviously dealing with a lot, but the strength to stand up there and say exactly what he said yesterday was really just moving, honestly. But my favorite thing was when he said, we will honor marsh On with how we play not just against the Raiders, but for the rest of the season. I was talking about that on Monday when we've had our first show. Is that I don't want the narrative to be especially from you know, fan base or people that are not inside, the ability to be like, oh well this better you know, motivate them to play well going forward, like it's it's so much bigger than that. But the way that he put it, the way that he stated it, I think is perfect for what they need. And no better guy than Brian Schottenheimer to lead those men.
Speaker 2: And it goes back to what Solomon Thomas even said to Tommy Yaris. You can read that piece on Dallas Cowboys dot Com from earlier in the week. He talked about how shot and High addressed the team earlier this week whenever they finally did come back together, and he said he had an incredible slate of words to share the emotion and to kind of share what was happening within the building. If from the outside looking in, I know I've seen a lot of love and support.
Speaker 3: I've also seen some.
Speaker 2: Comments out there about Okay, it's time to get back to football. It's time to get back to football. I get it, I understand it. But this is still an organization that's going to hurt for a long time. They're gonna hurt forever, and they're going to always miss Marshawn neland and I think you're going to see that throughout the season. I know we're in the middle of the bye week, coming off of the bye week. Then you'll get back into a routine. And that was another thing Shoty said yesterday, is it's imperative that they get back into a routine, Isaiah, because I know that's part of what a season is from a players and coaching standpoint, You've got to find a routine, you got to stick with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: I mean you get in a sequence right where you're kind of just rolling. You understand what every day brings. Your mind kind of gets calibrated in terms of tan and your body gets adjusted to Hey, this this is the day that I work. There's a day that you get the physicality, and when that gets thrown off due to a bye week, due to Monday night games, Thursday night games, it really messes with you. It's one of the main things outside of just recovery. Why players, I should say before I speak as a former player don't like Thursday night games. It's because your body, it not only hasn't had enough time to recover right, but also mentally it throws off your your timer. It's no different than going across seas and trying to play a game, or going across seas and traveling with your family. Right, your your mind is calibrated for one time and you have to, you know hard, reset it and be like no, I need you to adjust to this time and your body struggles to get on that on that timeline. So it's a number of things. But yeah, no, that He's definitely right. We are creatures of habit. A lot of guys struggle outside of football because they're that that structure is gone. So they definitely need to get back in line with that. And that's the reason why you heard, you know, Quinn Williams. He was doing his interviews with Dallas Cowboys dot Com. He was talking about, I'm gonna be here and I'm gonna run myself through a workout on Sunday because my body is accustomed to working on Sundays, you know, and I don't want to throw that time.
Speaker 2: And then he's coming off of double bye weeks too. He had a bye week in week nine with the Jets, and then he gets traded to a team that has a week ten by.
Speaker 3: He hasn't played since week eight.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. He's fresh, fresh, baked, told the Jets double bosh and baked. He's ready to roll, roll it off. He ready to get after body based que you ready to roll I'm saying, did anybody get him some barbecue yet? BBQ?
Speaker 3: I'm sure winning.
Speaker 1: Quinn, if you're listening, your boy will take you to get some barbecue.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You got you're taking specifically I'm not gonna we'll.
Speaker 3: Take take him as a good call.
Speaker 8: Good call, yeah, taking the black Rabble coffee first, and then.
Speaker 1: Make sure Brisket is involved.
Speaker 3: We got to make sure he's had him Visitligne taking care of it'll be good. Yeah, let's he's had a a Lenovo computer.
Speaker 1: Against this offensive line.
Speaker 3: Can't wait a We'll talk more about that here in a little bit.
Speaker 1: See that, Barty.
Speaker 3: Any other news and notes their path.
Speaker 6: No, no, those are that's the transaction. Just a couple of practice squad swaps over the past couple of days. We already know the headliners coming back and they're back at practice today and yeah, so now it's just a matter of seeing who is going to practice that has a question mark around them. So we're talking about guys like Donovan Wilson. Will see, if you know, the optimism surrounding Malie Hooker, who as we speak is still currently on to activate his window of twenty one days hasn't been activated yet. We'll see how that goes. We know unfortunately one year Thomas is down for at least four games, maybe more because he deals with these migraines. So today will be critical for not only the emotional component of the Cowboys. But physically we need to see coming off this by who whose body bounced back fairly well, you know, from being banged up.
Speaker 1: So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: And remember the twenty one day practice window. You do not have to complete the twenty one days in order to be put on the roster.
Speaker 1: A lot of times you just do one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of times teams will stretch that and then we'll push it all the way out and that may That way, they have the roster exemption and they don't have to necessarily make sure that they're on the active fifty three man roster immediately.
Speaker 3: But they can activate him as soon as today if they really want to. They can bypass the whole window, if you could.
Speaker 1: If they feel like he's ready to go, that could be a thing.
Speaker 3: Who's that people in the window.
Speaker 2: Before we take our first break and then we begin our Cowboys defensive preview. I know yesterday Coach Schottenheimer brought up the Marshawn neland memorial. Yes fund, is there a way that our Talking Cowboys listeners can donate to that and and give to Catalina Marshaw's girlfriend and their they're current.
Speaker 6: They're absolutely families and that link is Marshan Kneelandfund dot org. Easy enough, so go to Marshan Nilandfund dot org if you would like to and are able to donate. Those funds go directly to Catalina, who recently discovered that she and Marshawn are pregnant. So the goal here and the contributions have already been pouring in from inside the building from teammates and ownership and coaches and the like. But as a fan, if you want to and your heart moves you to give towards this particular cause, by all means, do it again.
Speaker 1: Marshaan Kneelandfund dot org. There you go.
Speaker 2: I want to give you guys an opportunity to help if you feel so inclined to. I know, I think me and my wife were talking about a possible donation on our end that we'll contribute to, and everybody out there, I encourage you to donate to the family that lost the loved one.
Speaker 8: This week in the time that you gave the r L to. Right now a donation has been made.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: That's sorry.
Speaker 8: It's a very quick thing to do, cool, it takes nothing, and I.
Speaker 1: Want to say you have. If you're able to, please do it. If you're able to one.
Speaker 6: I want to say something really quickly because I saw a couple of unfortunate comments that I chose not to reply to online. I just get the reply and locked them because this is not the time to piss me off. Now with your ignorance, I will say this, Yes, it is one hundred percent true. As I just said, donations are coming in from inside the building, these players, coaches, the executives, and yes they are wealthy individuals, but that does not mean that you have the right to judge if a fan who's also grieving wants to make that donation, if they want to make the donation. Understand, everyone grieves differently, and if this is a way that any particular fan, friend, or whatever the case may be, if this helps them through their grieving process by giving to Catalina, you allow them to do so, and you shut the hell up.
Speaker 3: Thanks, well said. All right.
Speaker 2: When we come back here on talking Cowboys, we had the Cowboys offensive preview versus what was the the words.
Speaker 3: Raiders? Yeah, you are actually making a donation. I can see your credit card numbers right here?
Speaker 1: Can I you see the last word CVV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see the watch show the cameras because the watch you can't have watches.
Speaker 8: That's that Good morning football money?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's that?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make my donation, That's all I'm doing. Yeah, you guys freaking carry on, but a break all right?
Speaker 2: When we come back here on talking Cowboys, we're gonna flip it to the Cowboys defense, a new look defense going up the Raiders offense. I don't think you could use that same word against the Raiders offense.
Speaker 1: But one player on there is playing try.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 11: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 7: We're with you.
Speaker 11: That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 1: We're with you. Where are united.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and.
Speaker 3: Pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 2: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 1: I'm home.
Speaker 9: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice. Hey, can you ahon?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got the fin ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine? Wow?
Speaker 3: Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 12: That's why if there's a network interruption, at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident, pack ten more towers. Strictions Exclusions apply att dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 1: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game? Oh?
Speaker 3: I watched.
Speaker 9: I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent, You have some great talent, and they got some fight hoping this is the year me too. Oh I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 6: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 1: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 6: Bank of America, the Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys Corpyright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here on Talking now Boys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Got our Black Rifle here today.
Speaker 2: You don't have those three hundred million Bagillius zero sugar, There's one more left in there.
Speaker 3: I left it in there for you. Yes, let's Josh took it.
Speaker 1: Third segment.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make happen in this string.
Speaker 8: As far as I'm concerned. The energy drinks are for Patrick Nocy Walker.
Speaker 3: Those things are delicious though.
Speaker 1: I like the zero sugar like white can. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It got me through uh midnight drive to Starkville last week. That was that was what I had in my backpack from down here. I grabbed one and stashed it for a little bit and it helped me survive the drive.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what happened?
Speaker 4: All right, when we come or when we come there, what do you do? I get we are back a best case. Hey made another donation, so we got the two.
Speaker 3: For in just a few minutes. Have been right.
Speaker 1: It's very easy to do if you can.
Speaker 6: And if your heart moves you to do so, by all means do so. If your heart doesn't move you to do so, that's well and fine, but stop talking down to those whose heart is moving them.
Speaker 3: To do so.
Speaker 6: It's really just that simple. It's kind of being a good human being. So you know, excuse me, let me make sure the settle is right on this hot horse.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, let's talk about the Cowboys defense versus New Look defense versus the Raiders. Hey wait, you said somebody's playing like trash on the Raiders side of things.
Speaker 1: Ah, you got to say the right way though, they're playing like right?
Speaker 3: Who are you referencing?
Speaker 4: I'm talking about their offense just in general, Kyle. I don't like individuals out there. Again, Yeah, I don't like pointing out personal individuals. However, they have not had great play from the quarterback position. Old Geno aka former quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks, which you guys know that I'm also a fan of because I love Seattle, but I rack the Dallas Cowboys nation, so I've had my eye on the Seattle for a while. Gino Smith carried over to Pete Carroll. Pete Carroll, if you guys ever wondered whether or not he is tied to his players, well just look at their roster. Yeah, car he brought onto everybody that he could from Seattle. Tyler Lockett's now there. Adams is now that linebacker, exact linebacker as an outside linebacker, sam linebacker to be exact. And then also he has Gino Smith, who's his quarterback, getting paid forty plus them things to throw eleven touchdowns and twelve interceptions on the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah yo.
Speaker 4: One of two quarterbacks in the NFL that has more interceptions than touchdowns. The other one is a rookie first round pick first overall, picking Cam Mood out of Tennessee.
Speaker 8: Are you saying you don't like?
Speaker 1: I don't care what he's.
Speaker 4: Doing over there as long as he continues it against the Cowboys this week. Their offense in terms of what do they do, Okay, this is a twelve personnel team. Those that don't know what twelve personnel is as one running back two tight ends. Why do they'd like to run twelve personnel, Well, they don't have a ton of receivers and they have invested a substantial amount into their tight ends.
Speaker 1: They don't say yeah, just a little bit. They have two tight ends. They have a block and tight end by the name of Michael Meyer.
Speaker 4: You see what I did thereoween first off a Halloween and then they have another tight end that you guys may have heard of.
Speaker 3: Rock Yeah, Brock Brock browers different than Hoffman. He's a dude.
Speaker 1: He's a dude.
Speaker 9: He is.
Speaker 4: He's one of two dudes that they have on offense, one of two dudes that they have on offense.
Speaker 1: However, he's really the only dude that's shown up this year on a consistent basis.
Speaker 8: He's a dog man.
Speaker 4: He's a freaking dog Why do they run twelve personnel outside of their fact that they've made their investments there. If you run twelve personnel, typically this is how it goes. Okay, defensive coordinator watches the personnel group and that comes in for the offense. The defensive coordinator then matches up his personnel according to the personnel of the offense. So if you bring two tight ends in game, he says, it's base base base and your base defense then matches up. Typically, most defenses is like a four to three. Okay, Dallas, we don't know what they might do. Matt Eberflus has changed up his schemes. I would assume five down. Yeah, he's got so I would assume that he would go four too, you know, I don't know, Yeah, fourty five. I think that's probably what he'll end up doing. Because you can't treat brock Bauers as a typical tight end. Brock Bowers is physical like a tight end. He's the size of a tight end. He runs routes like a freaking like a receiver. He's a mismatch versus base defense. That's the reason why.
Speaker 1: They do it.
Speaker 4: Linebackers can't guard him, period. Ninety eight percent of the titles of his league can't guard him. Maybe ninety nine point five.
Speaker 1: But that's what he does. Okay.
Speaker 4: These guys run a West Coast style offense, meaning a lot of bunch sets, a lot of condensed sets, a lot of switch releases. They're going to force you to communicate in terms of who is coming into my zone. If you're playing zone defense, right, a lot of switching at the line of scrimmage, so in and in, out, out out in my mind, your george, yours, whatever it might be. If you're playing man de man, they're going to try to cross you up right now. They're trying to run these legal pick plays right where I am playing man to man. I'm following my guy, all right, Kyle's following his guy, and you guys decided to switch. Now we're running into each other right accidentally, so they run. That causes problems in Manda, man, they're always going to run somebody at low, medium high. They they got rid of their their their deep threat. He got traded away. Remind me the name.
Speaker 1: Sorry Jacoby talking about Jacob Jacoby. Myus is gone. That was there. There was a deep threat. He's gone, so they don't. Yeah. Sorry.
Speaker 4: Tyler Lockett is kind of their guy in that regard now, But Tyler Lockett, Tyler Locket is a little bit older now, so he doesn't have as much juice as he once did. So their offense is struggling in that regard. Ashton Gent okay, let's talk about Ashton genty.
Speaker 1: He is a dude.
Speaker 4: We all know that he's a dude, but in this particular system how they run their offense, he's not a dude.
Speaker 1: He's just another guy in this offense.
Speaker 4: No disrespect to him or his capabilities, but they're based upon the blocking scheme that they have for him. He's not getting the running rushing lands that he's accustomed to having, and you'd argue.
Speaker 8: The offense is not necessarily fitting to his strengths selfish right, not at all. And they're running.
Speaker 4: They're running their offensive line. The reason why I'm excited for our new defensive line is because this offensive line doesn't do a lot of movement. This offensive line, more so than any other team we face, is a lineup, and we're just gonna go straight a lineup. Whoever's over me, I'm blocking them in past game. They're not doing They're not pulling, they're not trapping, they're not doing any of those things. The people who are doing all the movement are their tight ends. Michael Meyer. Michael Meyer is eighty seventy. He's going to line up in a wing set. He's the guy that tries to trap block. He's the guy that tries to pull around. He's the guy that tries to work around and up to the next level. So if you want to track anybody, you're not tracking lineman, you're tracking the tight end. He's the one that's giving you the indication as to where the play might be going. The offensive linemen are literally coming off the ball and whoever's over them, they're blocking them.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: They do have combo blocks occasionally where two offensive linemen are working with one defensive player, but it's not great. Their pad levels bad. They're straight up and vertical. When you watch these games, defensive lines are literally pushing their guys into the backfield. Ashton Genty has nowhere to go. Now, that's no indication on his capabilities. That's an indication on how he is in this system and how he's being utilized. So don't mix this up. If he breaks out for a couple he's still ashing Genty. He's just not what he was in this system. Okay, So that's what it is. Their running game is slim to none because of their blocking scheme. They're passing game. You should be able to push these guys into the back into the freaking lap of Geno Smith. Their route tree is honestly, not bad, don't. I don't dislike their scheme. I just seem that they're running too many deep routes and they're not They don't have the time to push the ball down the field.
Speaker 1: You have to find a way to communicate.
Speaker 4: For a lot of the crossing routes across the middle of the field, there's always somebody going across the formation, which has caused Dallas Defense some problems in the past. So we have to be able to communicate those crossers. You have to be able to find a way to disrupt Brock Bowers at the line of scrimmage. He is a specialist at the line of scrimmage in terms of getting clean releases.
Speaker 1: Go up there and slap them.
Speaker 2: Who who is tabbing with that? Who on this Cowboys? Not one person tabbing with not one person Brock and trying to knock him off. It's one guy per point listening the double double Brock's.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm saying, is there is there one weapon double Brock I'm putting.
Speaker 4: I'm putting one of my alignment. I'm shifting my line to brock Bowers. That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not. I'm not a defensive coordinator. But if I'm playing Madden, I'm shifting my d line over to brock Bowers. I'm gonna put my my defensive end, whether that's going to be OsO Digizua or whether it's Donovan Azaraku, whoever it might be, Solomon Thomas. I would go big, I would go heavy.
Speaker 2: And there's those that are thinking, oh, but the two of those three guys are defensive tackles with a five man front.
Speaker 4: It could be anybody with a four man front, even for Osa and Solomon could be my dns in this fore man front.
Speaker 1: Very much so, period point blank.
Speaker 3: In this week, especially with Clark and.
Speaker 4: Quinn Williams personally, Quinn Williams as my five technique or my three technique, I'm putting Kinny Clark as my one technique, and I'm putting Osa and Solomon to be my disruptor. Whoever whichever side brock Bowers goes, if he wants to attach himself to the line of scrimmage, jam him up, come off and hit him in his chest cavity, and then I'm gonna have a linebacker sitting there waiting for her.
Speaker 1: Jam him up, even more at the next level.
Speaker 3: I'm not of a NASCAR package. I am not all edge rusher, open front. The opposite of that. This is like, this is the dumpy package.
Speaker 1: That's what this is. Absolutely listen is to twisted metal. Listen.
Speaker 4: I want brock Bowers by the by the second quarter, battered and bruised and not getting past five yards. I want him stumbling and bumbling beyond the five yard point because he's just gotten hit by every which way direction.
Speaker 1: That's what I want.
Speaker 4: I want him doing Chris Tucker and rush hour two hit. That's what I need this week. So I know people are like, oh, there's not gonna be any pass rush. You can pass rush internally against this team. You don't need pass rushers. Go big against these guys. That's my wish. I know people want to see as a Roku and they want to see you know who else we got out Williams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a lot of pass rushers. Not this week, not this week.
Speaker 4: Jadavion could do it, James, he doesn't. Yeah, James Hewson, I like Jadavion in this rotation as well. But big, go big and be a disruptor. That brought Boarers. But you know what, they're gonna do. Then they're gonna they're gonna detach him and line them up on the outside. Correct, press, come up and press. I don't care if he's in a bunch set press. Put your hands on him. And then when he gets to five yards, slap him again. Like you can't allow him to have free releases. You can't shadow him at the line of scrimmage. It doesn't matter how quick you are, doesn't matter how fast you are, he will he will run by you, or he'll just big boy you in the middle, in the middle of a key and just and just post up. So brock Bowers, brock Bowers, brock Bowers without him, this this team, you should be able to handle.
Speaker 8: Now quickly though, because brock Bowers is such a weapon for them, And you're talking about asking gent the one alarming stat with I mean, at least alarming for Vegas when I was looking at it. Uh, they have scored a collective one hundred and thirty nine points, good enough for thirty first in the league. There are thirty two NFL teams.
Speaker 3: Yep, I like those words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't seem great.
Speaker 8: So as much as you could quarterback play obviously and as much as you should be afraid of those weapons. These guys don't score a lot of points in basically every offensive category. The Dallas Cowboys haven't beat.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question, though, yes, sir, on the flip side of that, where do the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Rank in terms of points allowed this year?
Speaker 1: Your jerk, I'm just asking coming and he's right. I'm just and that's exactly. It's fair bad on bad.
Speaker 3: It's fair until further notice it is bad on bad.
Speaker 2: And I see somebody that's like tongue in cheek in the comments, or like Kyle probably thinks Gino's going to dice up this defense. To be fair, everybody, everybody has diced up the defense to a certain extent this year, except for maybe Jalen Hurts in Week one and definitely not justin Fields in Week five.
Speaker 3: Those are really the only two exception.
Speaker 2: Exactly like Jacoby Brissette played like he was a three time pro bowler.
Speaker 8: Wait, that wasn't Kurt Warner out there.
Speaker 1: It was I told everybody that we do want to Conler Murray instead of exactly.
Speaker 2: And he played very well now and then he gets destroyed by Seattle one week later.
Speaker 1: Audust so that's defense.
Speaker 3: They're nasty, So I don't believe Gino should dice up the defense.
Speaker 2: But until further notice, and I know they've made the additions, there's still a lot of conversation to be had about how much of a change and how much of an impact are we going to see. You've heard a couple of things there from Isaiah Patt. I'm interested to see what you think. How many times in this game are we going to look down and say that's a different defense. Is it going to be half the snaps? Is it going to be twenty five percent of the snaps? One hundred percent of the snaps? Which is what the hope is for everybody I think in this room is that I hope it's a completely different look. But in week one with these new additions, it's kind of unrealistic to think that it's going to be off the.
Speaker 6: Charts between the new editions and the you know, someone like Demarvey and Overshow who.
Speaker 3: Come turning his first game limited snaps probably.
Speaker 6: Snaps I'd say twenty five percent of the time, So one fourth of the time you will look down at the defense and you'll say, holy crap. But then the other three quarters you're looking at them and you'll probably say it looks like, yeah, it's like you let me, let me break it down this way.
Speaker 1: Fifty percent of the.
Speaker 6: Time, you'll probably see as these guys acclimate right, you'll probably see the same defense you saw over the first nine games. Twenty five percent of the time you'll see flashes where it's just like, okay, almost almost. I saw where you were going with that. That almost worked. I saw the play call. I like the play call execution. Wasn't there tweaking a little bit? And then twenty five percent of the time you'll be like, there it is. That's that's that's why you went and got Quinn Williams. That's why you want and got Logan Wilson. That's why we believe that Logan Wilson plus to Marvey on Overshan can be a problem.
Speaker 1: But that fifty.
Speaker 6: For me, the concern is I need to see and we'll see it with Quinn Williams. We'll see how it goes. I need to see a consistent pass rush that gets home because if you do not, if you do not, especially panic Geno Smith, I'm telling you it doesn't matter if you press Brock Bowers. It doesn't matter if you slap him in the helmet. After you finish pressing brock Bowers, he will get open. He is one of the more physical tight ends in the league. He has some of the best hands in the league. He's one of the best route running tight ends in the league. He is an absolute say.
Speaker 3: A double So no, dogs, you said it, I can said you can't.
Speaker 1: There you go. I'm proud of myself. Look like I've been frightening.
Speaker 6: But all jokes aside, all bias aside, brock Bowers is a problem.
Speaker 1: He is the problem.
Speaker 6: So one of the best ways is, like Isaiah said, you're gonna have to beat him up.
Speaker 1: But just no, he's he's not. So you can take that.
Speaker 6: He can, he can take it, and he can dish it out. Okay, So while you're trying to get physical with him, the goal is to disrupt his timing so that the pass rush hopefully can push the pocket and get to Geno Smith. But if they can't get the Geno Smith, Brock is going to get his. And if Brock starts starts getting his against the secondary that's trying to figure themselves out, and and a safety unit that's in dire straits. As far as depth is concerned, it's going to be a longer day than you think it.
Speaker 8: That's why I think their offensive line is in for a Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Hope so bold prediction. Logan Wilson gets a pick wow in coverage, that's bowl. But I like it.
Speaker 3: He'll get no, that's bold.
Speaker 8: But like for for Dallas Cowboys linebacker, I have an interception.
Speaker 3: That that's that's a bowl.
Speaker 1: I just answered the question.
Speaker 8: But it's been how long? How long that been?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: So that's against the passing game. We've talked a lot about Geno Smith, brock Bauers and company. They do have a rookie running back who we talked a lot about in the offseason. His name's Ashton Gent. He played his high school football just across the hallway here at Ford Center as a part of Fresh Smith's Lone Star. Not in this segment, or we're gonna bring him. We're gonna bring him in the second segment when we come back, more talking Cowboys right after this. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and.
Speaker 3: Pick up a bag of black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 2: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 13: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the.
Speaker 8: Game day lineup that can't be beat better.
Speaker 13: Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 3: The wins will be even taste here.
Speaker 1: It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 1: I'm home.
Speaker 9: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice? Hey can you ahn?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got the fin nally ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine?
Speaker 3: Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 12: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for five or downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident impact in ten more towers. Strictions exclusions apply att dot com slash guarantee.
Speaker 1: For details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Where your black Rifle coffee or excuse me, your Dallas Cowboys gear.
Speaker 3: I say that all the time, Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Gear to a Black Rifle Coffee and get ten percent off your entire order on Cowboys game days.
Speaker 3: Got to get to read in every day. Some more time?
Speaker 1: Is some more time? You already? You're ready?
Speaker 3: Here we go?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, a little spray all the way back, Ey almost saying something I was about to say. She's a no no.
Speaker 2: Also, this segment brought to you buying visit line the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Glad you're with us here on talking Collays for being here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we appreciate you, Kyle, thank you, thank you for being here, Josh for being a gracious host.
Speaker 3: Thanks man.
Speaker 8: I'm talking cowboys and Dallas Cowboys every day.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna read off this stat line from Ashton genty this year, one hundred and forty three carries giving him the rock. Yeah, one three, he's got five hundred forty seven yards. Anybody would like to take a crack at the yards per average, yards per carry average.
Speaker 1: There three and a half.
Speaker 3: It is three point eight, so real close, very nice, three point eight. He does have a long enough sixty four.
Speaker 2: This year it was a touchdown four touchdowns for Ashton Denty. As we do get into talking about him real quickly before we gets a science lab or is he a part of Science Lab? Is? Oh good segue, Let's pass it over to mister Patrick knows well, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Yes, science all right, So this is.
Speaker 6: Lab code, by the way, this is lab coat, absolutely so I will say this, this week's lab Code is a little bit unique in that it's not going to be tied to the topic of Science Lab. When Science Lab drops on the dot com later today, make sure you check it out. That'll be a separate thing. It's more of a memorialization of Marshawn and speaking to mental health, and I'll drop a couple other things in there as way cool. But for the football aspect of it, lab Coat. I wanted to see just how much Ashton Genty is is struggling, you know, So you go back and you look at the film, because we watch film, we do, so everything that Isaiah is saying about Ashton Genty is one hundred percent correct. It is not the capability. It is not something where oh, well he was doing all of this and see look this is why the cowboy. Now Ashton genty is still very dangerous. But the reason he's struggling is because his offensive.
Speaker 1: Line is just so bad. No, no, no, you gotta go an.
Speaker 6: How bad are they Well, we know that they're one of the worst in the league. But statistically this is per next Gen stats, this season, Ashton Gent has been stuffed for a loss or no gain on almost twenty nine percent of Russia is sane almost twenty nine percent.
Speaker 1: So just run up a little bit.
Speaker 6: Almost one third of his rush attempts he's been stuffed for no gain or loss.
Speaker 3: And you're not just running behind the line of scrimmage and falling down.
Speaker 1: That dive dodge, ducking dodge And watched that movie earlier this week.
Speaker 6: So that means that someone who doesn't have the capability of Ashton Gent would actually be much worse than this. Like as bad as that is, now you're asking, okay, well you hear me say, nearly one third, Well, how bad is that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: See, it's the second highest mark among running backs who have at least fifty cares.
Speaker 1: The second highest mark in the entire league.
Speaker 3: I'm curious as to who would be higher.
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you who it ain't.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in Javonte.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there it is, so they can't see it on there but the lights.
Speaker 6: So I bring up this Ashton genty point because I knew that one of the primary conversations today would be Brock Bowers.
Speaker 1: As it should be.
Speaker 6: He is the weapon, but the offensive line is so poor with the Raiders that I don't want to say you can overlook Ashton Gent, but I think that problem resolves itself because his ability is deleted by his own offensive line. So anyone who's coming into this game and they're wondering if the Cowboys, if Aston Gent will suddenly have a career day against the Cowboys, Anything's possible. But I would say even before the acquisition of Quinn Williams, this is what Ashton genty was going to struggle with, is getting past the line of scrimmage. Now you add Quinny Williams alongside. Can you clay how many weeks has he been off?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Double buy Fresh Meet.
Speaker 6: Get you, and then of course the Cowboys are going to start running more five man fronts, so again the run defense versus this offensive line for the Raiders. It's like Josh said, I think the offensive line for the Raiders are in for a long day, which means Ashton Genty is in for a long day, which just circles us back to brock Boers brock Bowers.
Speaker 2: You know, it's kind of funny when you think about it, like how much Ashton Genty was tied with Dallas just because of his is upbringing in Frisco and the way that he played at Frisco Lone Star High School down the road, and then throughout the entire draft process, Dallas needs a running back.
Speaker 3: They're looking to get at a running back.
Speaker 2: They have an early first round pick, but he just ends up skyrocketing up these draft boards.
Speaker 3: But he talked about it multiple times.
Speaker 2: I'd love to be a cowboy, I'd love to play there, I'd love to be there, and this, that and the other, and you know, when he doesn't get picked by them, he ends up going to the Vegas Raiders at six overall. He's probably like, okay, sweet, Like I've got the six overall spot. I'm one of the highest paid running backs in the league by automatic, automatically rapt spot and he's cool with that. He's probably looking on the schedule like, man, when can I get back at the Cowboys a little bit here? And as he's doing so, he's like, man, they have the worst rush defense and football playing.
Speaker 8: Very well coming out party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like, man, like, finally to get an opportunity to show what I've got.
Speaker 3: And then the Cowboys trade.
Speaker 8: For Quinn Williams and it's like, oh, and now he's in a query never mind.
Speaker 1: Like and then.
Speaker 2: I can only imagine the thought process in that building, like, don't worry, We've got Dallas in week eleven.
Speaker 3: Don't worry we got Dallas.
Speaker 6: Was like and then and then and then and then so Ashton gent is gonna look at his dude, where's my block? But but yeah, where's my block? Where's my Where's block? Dude's dude's Yeah? So I mean, yes, Floyd, you know, I know you don't like me right now, but I love you. Floyd makes a great, great point. It's like what we're saying and what what what I just said in in uh describing lab coat is that the Cowboys defensive line pre Quinn Williams.
Speaker 1: I believe still could have done some.
Speaker 6: Work against this Vegas offensive line and keeping Ashton gent bottle up at Quinn Williams. And you can bet your bottom dollar Ashton gent is going to be met shortly after he takes the handoff. Now to that, I will say, if Pete Carroll schemes it differently, then you'll probably see them trying to get Ashton Genty out in space more often than they have, so be prepared for that possible adaptation, in which case, when that happens, boy, when that happens. And will you really do wish that you had some linebackers.
Speaker 1: That could Oh.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll be damned you do. You got Logan Wilson, you got to Maury on over shown. So sorry, Ashton, It's just it's probably going to be a bad.
Speaker 1: Day for you, sir.
Speaker 8: It's going to be a delayed premiere for Ashton Gents. I don't know, I feel like and this is something Isaia alluded to earlier. I think Osa Diggizy was in for a big game because this is the first time he's really had help since Michael Parsons being traded away and him flashing with Micah. Now you have him in a situation where the defense or the offense is going to be focused in on Quinn Williams. They're gonna be focused in on Kenny Clark. Oh, this is going to clean up.
Speaker 1: I think it's really interested on how they're going to do this defensive line rotation.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's interesting. So the the depth start came out yesterday, and I don't know how they kind of play into, like how that reflects stuck out. There was a few things that stuck out to me. Sam Williams is listed as third team behind Donovan Azaraku and Jadavian Clowney.
Speaker 3: That doesn't stick out, Tom d that's truck right.
Speaker 8: That tracks he was not third team before this. I mean I will say that you also have Kalen Carson at third team behind Doron Bland and Trequezy Bridges interesting bridge Bridges, Burriages, and then your starting safeties are Donovan Wilson and Marquispell.
Speaker 1: You know, to our depth chart.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it will happen strong safeties. I don't know if it will happen. Yeah, you're right, dire Strait, I don't know if it will happen. This Monday, we talk about the the fifty to fifty chance of Savone Revel being inactive, maybe being active, I don't know, probably not, but once he is, I'm curious to see how quickly he can ascend the depth chart, keeping in mind that Trayvon Diggs is going to miss, you know, a few more games.
Speaker 8: So one of the things they do in the depth chart is they'll sometimes list two players in that first first team position. They'll say blank or blank correct and currently already after Savone Reveel's been activated or yeah activated to the roster Kyrie elam or Savone Revel, Wow, Scott shot there, so he's already up. I don't know, something to think about.
Speaker 2: I hope we see some of him today in the practice session. Let's open to the media. Get to see him running around a little bit. See what he's able to do on special teams, because I'm sure as a rookie, oh, he.
Speaker 3: Probably out there, start and stop. Yeah, it's going to be exactly start, stop, change the direction.
Speaker 1: Well, I just don't know if they're going to put him in special teams.
Speaker 6: You think maybe as a means of protecting him, they will keep him off of spicially, which.
Speaker 2: Is fair, But he's a rookie. And I feel like at some point there's going to be that conversation.
Speaker 1: I completely understand it. I just don't know if they're going to expose him to that.
Speaker 2: The thing going back to Osa at Iggy Zoo before we wrap up here. I know one of the things that I've really knocked him on, and Isaiah's broken this down on film a couple of times. He really likes to jump around blocks this year for some reason, He's just and Kenny Clark's doing his job. He's eating up multiple gaps. He's in the middle of the offensive line, he's taken multiple blockers away, and then you have Osa that's just kind of freelancing off to the side and he's getting pushed off his spot and he's out of his gap, and that's what allows for a gap or a big running gap to form. I think with both Williams and Clark, he'll be better at that, Yes, but I also don't want.
Speaker 3: Him to continue to freelance.
Speaker 2: I want him to continue to take steps in the right direction of gap integrity to allow the linebackers to do their job.
Speaker 8: I'd argue because of the the attention that Quentin Williams and Kenny Clark will be paid. I think he's not going to have to forget it as much. He will be able to be on his guy.
Speaker 3: And I hope that's the case. We'll see more from Mosa Diggy Zoo coming up with those.
Speaker 8: I hope it opens up for him.
Speaker 3: I really do it didn't it didn't change?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: That does it for us?
Speaker 2: Here on Talking Cowboys Today. Tomorrow it's going to be a say it with your chest for Riday. We'll have a get you Popcorn ready segment.
Speaker 8: I'm out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You're not here tomorrow.
Speaker 8: I'm out tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: Where are you?
Speaker 1: I'll be in Vegas.
Speaker 8: I'm going to be at the game.
Speaker 1: Games Monday.
Speaker 8: Well I'm taking it a little bit for the game, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm possibly trying to fail. Like wait, I don't even leave until Sunday.
Speaker 3: Good for you. I'm happy enjoy all right?
Speaker 2: That does it for us For Patrick No C Walker, Trader, Josh Roderick has For Isaiah Stanford, I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so.
Speaker 3: Long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 10: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club