Speaker 1: What's going on everybody, And welcome to this wonderful afternoon edition of cup Noodles'mores rom trend noodles.
Speaker 2: Which we are going to talk about. And that is a very good title that I just came up with.
Speaker 1: I am Miles and I am joined by Thank you so much as.
Speaker 2: My guest host today.
Speaker 1: The wonderful guest host wagon continues as we go from show to show, so it's great having paulby.
Speaker 2: We're going to say what's trending on this wonderful Tuesday July. The two. I don't like to say second.
Speaker 3: That's just the thing I have because you're always first mile.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm always one, and I don't like two plays one but the But the episode title was in reference of cup noodles. There look, I love cup noodles. Cup noodles have gotten me through some really hard times. There's still a go to snack at time. I like to spice up my cup noodles the squeeze of lemon and a little bit of cilantro and you can take the chicken one to the next.
Speaker 2: Fucking level if you have to invessine very easy uns.
Speaker 1: I grew up, I grew up trying to just add my little things to things there, and that was one of them. But anyway, cup Noodles has definitely like they've had like this run of releasing all kinds of like wacky flavors.
Speaker 2: Like they had a caffeinated.
Speaker 1: Gaming cup noodle that was like, yeah, man, like this will give you heart palpitations, but at least you might you know, be killing it in a Battle Royal type game.
Speaker 3: That they included the four logo in it. You know, you used to have to drink that separately in one generation and now they just poured it right.
Speaker 1: In exactly boil the noodles, drain it, then use four Loco as your new face broth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like a nice.
Speaker 1: Four Loaks base when I get this really wonderful broth going. But yeah, the new one is Campfires'mores cup noodle as they call it a quote gooey sweet noodle experience. I do not like this, it says go on quote an unmistakable blend of decan and chocolate, marshmallow and Graham cracker flavors with noodles. Now I know what they're doing because they do this all the time. Is what we always talk about. This when brands do it. They're just trying to get us to talk about it. Congratulations, But sometimes we've got to talk about it because some of the ideas are so backwards.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that that's even a thing.
Speaker 3: I think jokes on them. We should buy the shit out of it and force them to make it forever.
Speaker 1: We're like, yeah, we're not eating the chicken one, the shrimp one. No, fuck that, I guess. Are marshmallows vegan friendly?
Speaker 3: There are vegan marshmallows, but they're tradition better that No, the traditional marshmallows are not vegan, but there are, But the vegan marshmallows I think are better than regular marshmallows. And other people who are not vegan have told me the same thing.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, I mean, I'm not like such a marshmallow fan where I feel like i'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, these are vegan, you know what I mean? How some people like that with certain foods.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I need an animal to suffer for this to taste.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 1: Just?
Speaker 2: Gelatin?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 3: That's probably what I think it's like gelatin? Maybe, Like do they use like any egg or dairy products in it? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's I know, everything in a marshmallow. It's a white, puffy sugar cloud. But it's by the like one of the executives at the parent company of cup noodles, Niching is I know, the Japanese company that owns them. This dude said, released a statement just like acting like just waxing poetic about how this s'mores cup noodle is quote transforming the classic flavor into a bold, unexpected experience that will capture the hearts and palets of consumers nationwide, which is why not a single fucking one of the freaky flavors has existed past the little bump you need in I guess impressions or something.
Speaker 3: If you capture a challette that enjoys that, let it go like releasing that the wild Yeah you don't truly.
Speaker 1: Next up is trending AOC impeachment, So on Monday, Alexandria Okazio Cortes said that she will submit articles of impeachment against members of the US Supreme Court when the House of Representatives gets back into session from their little summer break. As she said on Twitter, we don't call it x here quote. The Supreme Court has become consumed by a corruption crisis beyond its control. Today's ruling represents an assault on American democracy. It's up to Congress to defend our nation from this authoritarian capture. I intend on filing articles of impeachment upon our return.
Speaker 3: Now does that work?
Speaker 1: So it would be like anything, like you would have a trial and then like you, you know, you'd send it to the Senate for like a conviction. But the last time a Supreme Court justice was actually impeached successfully was the nineteenth century, So I'm not sure what will happen here.
Speaker 2: But again, also considering the fact.
Speaker 1: That the Republicans control the House that I don't think this has much of a shot unless there are other people who are just being like, well, I don't like Katanji, so maybe I'll vote for this because most of them have been celebrating the Supreme Court decision that gives Trump basic community for official acts.
Speaker 3: I think the best we can do. Sorry, my dog is growling right now because he hates the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: No, I get no good those are good.
Speaker 3: Good job, Sammy. I'm training him to just buy uh for a bit. I think the best thing we can do is just somebody's gotta buite. Take one for the team. Promise Clarence Thomas, like a few yachts, you know, a year or whatever he needs, and then just pay them to get the fuck out of there if we can bribe, if they could be bribed to fake the.
Speaker 1: Ing that like saying like, I'll give you a salary that's bigger than the one you got to fuck off forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, down with that.
Speaker 3: Well we need to do that with like a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean or like again, this is just so wild too, because like on the heels of what Joe Biden was saying after this decision, He's like, well, I'm going to respect the limits like the scope of my power. That doesn't help anything. And you're basically saying I'm going to lay down and get just ripped apart. If you have someone coming in who's already been like I can't wait to exercise my power when there are no checks on my power, yay, uh, I know I don't, yeah, like do something with the Supreme Court I have.
Speaker 3: The best thing we can do is try to convince Joe Biden like the limits of his power are beyond what he actually thinks they are and just be like, yeah, you can assassinate people like that was always legal?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well number one is like, well I got some people from my childhood I want to check you Like, well, no.
Speaker 3: Not like that president, Yeah, some other people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about Anita Hill? She was a real pill for me.
Speaker 1: During Clarence Thomas's confirmation, You're like, Okay, you know.
Speaker 2: What shouldn't I told you? Do not tell him about shit after six pm? He starts saying, some do some free associating.
Speaker 3: Shit him anything after six pm. It's like, don't get a grumlin wet.
Speaker 2: Or like doesn't buy any fact. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And we're still after the only one anyway. And then also on the heels of that proclamation from the Supreme Court that Trump is God King of America, he's also saying, like, I should have my freak elector's entire case dismissed because of what the Supreme Court just did. Also, those thirty four felonies, those should also be thrown out as well. So you know, he's already completely gone full speed ahead with being.
Speaker 2: Like nothing can fucking touch me anymore.
Speaker 1: So we'll see a developing story as we watch the continued deterioration.
Speaker 2: Of the Nation. Hey, that rhymes deterioration of the Nation. New show coming fall.
Speaker 1: All right, we will take a quick break and we will be right back with some other trending stories.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: The New York Post has a story out about how gen Z is quote sad phishing. It's a trend on social media. I did not know what this was, but according to a twenty twenty one research paper published in the Journal of American College, that sounds like a dubious.
Speaker 3: Journal American College, the School of Education.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, then there's a yeah. Anyway, there's another person who said on news. So I take this with a grain of salt, but I think this is something where people are like observing a trend and be like this, this could be something very interesting that The habit of quote sad fishing is defined as the tendency of social media users to publish exaggerations of their personality to generate sympathy. The research found that many sad fishers display anxious attachment. It concluded that this may quote may not be triggered by an acute perceived lack of social support, but rather it may be more strongly related to the persistent trait of anxious attachment, and I'm like sad fishing, Like I mean, I definitely know people who are like always like oversharing in stories.
Speaker 3: You know what, if you don't want to follow me, just say that.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not really good at confrontation. I like to passive aggressively confront people using stories from then York, yea, from the Yeah, why don't you come on?
Speaker 1: But anyway, I've just read about this thing about the American Journal of College.
Speaker 3: I was bringing about this thing about how you don't invite me to dinner anymore?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is this about? Don't worry about the story. Man, Now we're talking you and me.
Speaker 2: What's going on with? What's going on with you? Would I say.
Speaker 3: Something I've definitely seen. I definitely have a lot of friends who will post like pictures of them crying and be like, my life is falling apart, and it happens like frequently, you know, and it's like whatever, life's hard, cope how you will. But I do think that, like it's just because it's social media. I feel like the housewives in the fifties were doing this. They were just like ominously like making the pies and being sad, you know what I mean, Like, I don't know if the expression of it is bad. I think like treat the symptom or the source rather than the symptoms.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like one of these psychologists who us talking about it said, if you're putting anything on social media, what is your motivation for what you need or want people to know who are not in your closed circle?
Speaker 2: What is your reason for posting?
Speaker 1: What's your motivation for posting something for the whole world to see? Which is a very generational observation.
Speaker 3: Cherry Boomer sounding, That's like something my mom would say.
Speaker 2: Like why would you share that?
Speaker 1: I'm like, you come from a generation where people you you refuse to acknowledge that therapy is a thing or that outwardly expressing what your needs are or your regrets are is like that's actually healthy.
Speaker 3: Also, like, if you give me money, I'll stop expressing shit. But I can't. I can't. I'm not even kidding, Like, if you give me money, if you give me a house, what sadness am I going to express? Our generations and the generation below us don't have money. This is all we need, likes Okay, we need some form of currency that we can pretend we like will real value. We can't get actual currency.
Speaker 1: And so what Yeah, so what if I lie about pretending to lose my job for sympathy likes, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just gonna do it.
Speaker 3: We're or we're like, we have a job that's not paying enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever.
Speaker 1: Well it's weird too, because, like I mean, obviously this is the New York Post, so of course they're going to go into like and something's wrong with those people anyway.
Speaker 3: Trouble I killed wine and gen Z killed sadness, like.
Speaker 2: Like authentic sadness. You know what happened to the strong silent type.
Speaker 3: When you go to your second wive's house, right, yeah, your secret family, secret family, right, and you're really sad because you're gonna miss your first skins birth.
Speaker 2: Shit, Yeah sad.
Speaker 1: I always love how like, But my favorite still are those the ways they try and like define or articulate just the disillusionment with capitalism that workers experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's resenteeism. It's uh, it's quiet quite quitting.
Speaker 1: Resignations and shit like that. It's like, no, it's called being alienated from your labor. And yeah, uh there's that story. So thanks American College of Journal and for giving us that the next thing trending is Carrine. Jean Pierre, White House spokesperson again, while people are still reeling from the debate performance, she was asked a pretty direct question about what is going on with Joe Biden?
Speaker 2: Is there some kind of cognitive decline that you know of?
Speaker 4: And this was her answer, does President Biden at eighty one years old, have Alzheimer's any form of dementia or degenerative illness that caused these sorts of lapses?
Speaker 1: And it's a yes or no question. And if you don't know, why don't you? As one of his senior staff members know?
Speaker 4: Guy's her answers for.
Speaker 1: You, are you ready for it's a note and I hope you're asking the other guy the same exact question. Yeah, fair, absolutely fair, But I don't expect her to be like, well, you know, I got my theories.
Speaker 3: She's like, he's a decline. I'm in denial, but I didn't want a sad fish on you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also, you know Jen Saki left and already got the gig at MSNBC, so my.
Speaker 2: Options are kind of limited right now.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do a podcast quite yet it feels a little desperate.
Speaker 2: But the short answer is no.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's like at the very least, you know, you can be like, you know sometimes you know people I don't know. I don't even know if I'm like asking, like can you acknowledge that he had a senior moment or whatever?
Speaker 3: But we're so fun like what like if she's like, no, his performance was still bad, So then it's like he's at the top of his game. And that's what we got, you know what I mean a follow.
Speaker 1: Up question, that's the top of his game? Was that so well, that was an off night? When is he at the top of his game when he's screaming about stuff that it's pretty good, it's pretty invigorating. I love how like like obviously Volte Blue, no matter who Twitter is, like, this was such a fantastic answer, like let's let's ignore all the warning signs and yeah, and I get it too, like obviously Trump is also spiraling before our eyes. But it's just so funny that the mirror the fact that he is in a more energetic version of decline. People are like Joe Biden's getting old, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 3: That's the thing is that like Trump is such a bad candidate and the only person that is currently like beating him at like being horrible at campaigning is Joe Biden. Like if they had picked anyone else, it would have been like so much easier. Yeah, but they were like, let's resuscitate this man one more night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, see what we can get, See what we can get.
Speaker 1: And then finally, this is a topic very near and dear to my hearts and maybe millennials and younger Airheads the candy you used to love eating them. They would always sell them, like at the snack shop and like my junior high like you know, like you can buy a little snacks or whatever in the cafeteria in high school, and there was always this airhead flavor, white mystery flavor. And I was like, what the fuck, Like you never knew what it was.
Speaker 3: That was every guy in Utah growing up. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: White mystery.
Speaker 1: Who will replace Joe Biden on the ticket? It's a white mystery. It's a white mystery.
Speaker 3: And in common one of the raisins in there, that's a white mystery.
Speaker 1: It's a white mystery. Some things are just white flavor mysteries.
Speaker 2: That we will not be able to suss out.
Speaker 1: But it turns out we've recently found out through the Takeout, one of my favorite food blogs because I like always they report on things that are important to me.
Speaker 3: It's apparently a combinations a food blog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if you're like, if you're like a millennial though, it's like one of those things.
Speaker 3: Right, you're like it's a food pyramid.
Speaker 2: Was yeah, just like, but what was it? What was mystery flavor?
Speaker 1: Like, what the fuck is supposed to be? And apparently it's a It might it's a combination of several flavors that might include cherry, strawberry, watermelon, grape, green apple, orange, and blue raspberry from one day to the next.
Speaker 3: It's the scraps. They put the scraps together.
Speaker 2: It's exactly that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: So they were kind of like, we shouldn't be throwing away the stuff when we're like switching flavors. So what we can do is take the mish mash parts and rebrand it as mystery. And now we've got a little bit of a marketing hit. We got a little bit of you know, intrigue for and like we're not we're not actually wasting the candy that we're making.
Speaker 3: You're also gas lighting everyone into thinking they're all tasting the same flavor.
Speaker 2: But this is all like cherry, grape, yours bot. I don't know. Do they all say the same to me?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, maybe you should, maybe you should visit your neurologists or something. But apparently so like, they don't stop production in between making the different flavors, so like quote, instead of pausing and cleaning the machinery between rounds of say cherry and grape, it keeps.
Speaker 3: God forbid, they cast the inspection.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, serious, seriously, I think it's more just to be like to clean out all the flavor, you know what, I mean, to get it out to the next thing.
Speaker 2: So it just keeps churning out candies.
Speaker 1: But they don't put the food dye in it, so it just comes out and it's like natural, it's natural white state. So the mystery flavors quote are essentially mashups of whichever flavors are being produced at any hiveven time. That is really unsatisfying. But also like I feel like that webe meme.
Speaker 4: Wor Yeah yeah, okay, okay, I know about that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we've we've solved one of life's small mysteries.
Speaker 3: We did it. The answer was, thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much for joining me on this trending episode.
Speaker 2: We will chat.
Speaker 1: More tomorrow on the main episode. Spoiler alert, Aldy and I are taking over. We will talk to you then and until then, take care of yourselves, take care of each other, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and please just be well and we will see you soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, bye everybody.
Speaker 1: H