Speaker 1: We're saying, if you watch your coffee time, the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame. Come in with last and come.
Speaker 2: In with Jim her love loundes.
Speaker 1: Baby. You better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 2: Shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips?
Speaker 1: Yeah you know?
Speaker 2: She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second year.
Speaker 1: We're gonna last to cut him and kicking in at the end.
Speaker 2: We leave it with just a lift his fairite. You want to revisit so your first second listen, young folks say you slip? Oh folks said, we dig it good? Hey, don't fish do what you do? Can't no this?
Speaker 1: Do what you do? Kny Nope, do what I do?
Speaker 2: And no.
Speaker 1: Shed she we.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, this is comedian Say Monroe and welcome to laugh and learn. Twenty twenty four. Who happy Yeah, Hi, Bobby Clifford, Happy new Year.
Speaker 2: Happy new Year. Do you remember when you were kids? Did you used to go out into the driveway or hang pots out the window and climb together. No one does that anymore.
Speaker 3: No girl, I grew up in a project. We get between walls and got in the Bathfield to make sure the straight bullets didn't hit it. Good God, very different. Yes, we think they were fireworks, but they definitely were not.
Speaker 2: We were trying to make our own the poor way.
Speaker 3: Well, y'all, poor was very different from our poor But yeah, nevertheless we made I'm thirty nine and your forty. Thank you Jesus, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Anything fun?
Speaker 3: I can't talk about it on laughing line, which of course it was fun. At the top of it. We thank you so much about me. I'm glad we made it.
Speaker 2: Oh me too, And I feel like in my bones for the both of us, I feel like this is going to be a year of new possibilities. I think I don't know what it's going to be, but I think this is going to be our year flying twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that we're going to I think that the truth is really starting to show up in the world and people are so sick of living in lives. And what you do get at lap Aline is you do get the truth. And it's not our truth. It is the truth. Because I know people are to say, oh, that's my truth. No, it's not your truth. It is the truth. You've made it something else, so you believe that, but it is the truth. So hopefully the people won't do that because this will be a huge political year in America for twenty twenty four and very exciting and not always in a great way. So what Bobby Cliffin and myself will try to do is make it as simple as possible. From an American's perspective, we look like something different, we identify something different anatomically with different but we are both card carrying, voting Americans. So the same thing that happened to Bobby is the same thing that happens to me. Keep trying to me. Remind you all of that you're an American, it happens to all of us. So vote right and make sure you vote because good Guy is getting scary, Bobby is getting scary.
Speaker 2: And do your research. Do a little homework, everybody don't like Listen to who your friend might be voting for. You find out yourself, See if they have the same mind theology, See where the country is going and what that person has to offer you. I heard two kids gonna be voting for the first time in the store the other day, and one was just gonna blindly go along with their friend without even doing any due diligence. So we have smart people on here. Let's let's vote correctly for you.
Speaker 3: And that's where you vote for you, that's what you vote for. You're voting for you. But you better know that you're voted for you for more than just one day. You're gonna be stuck with it for quite some time. So make sure you know what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Speaking with I'm sitting president having his speech, his uh, his kickoff speech on Saturday, January to sixth, of all days. Why is January sixth such a what is that number? Just possibly?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. I think there was a big tour at in Congress that day, wasn't there? And you don't moved out?
Speaker 3: Honest? Yes, nothing, He's done that. The strategy of it all is the best. And the debates are coming up, the final debate on the Republican side where the final prison. Yeah, the final Republican debate is coming right, and we're only down to NICKI he yep. Do you think Trump is going to show up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't you know? What he should for his people to try to try to, you know, kind of rally his forces, but he doesn't have to. He's leading everybody in the polls, which is to me, it's so frightening that they have two other people. I'm not crazy about either one of them. They're not bad bad. I think one's an imbecile. But Nicki Headley, I don't mind too much. But they're not even looking at her. They're not looking at her qualifications. They're not looking if she could do a you know, do the job. They'd rather the guy with the ninety one indictments. It's kind of shocking to me.
Speaker 3: Is it shocking or is there America's way?
Speaker 2: It was so you just said a mouthful, as my Grimpy would say, But it's America right now. This isn't historically how we would go. I remember way back, or you even watch some of the old time black and white movies. They used to think who sounded the most presidential, even though they might be an imbecile, but they had they had a great sound to them, looked the most presidential. He is not the guy, you know, It's like it's like the new America. He's the clickbait guy. He's the entertainment. He's you know, the apprentice.
Speaker 3: Oh he can go back to that. We can make that the number one show on TV and we'll be just fine with I'm just saying he would rather than him saying your fire, him saying and that he's the president and every day we got to fit through one of his press conferences, he's gonna be a dictator, insult in every reporter or anybody in the room because y'all allow him that. I hope we don't go back to that. Please remember those days and I agree.
Speaker 2: With that, and remember that you know, in open interviews he is admitted to the first day because he'll only need one day to be a dictator because he'll get rid of all the rules on that first day. Listen, people, I mean he's said it, he's been challenged on it, he's repeated it again. You know, go back to you know, the old saying when someone's showing you who they are, he's telling us who he is. Believe it.
Speaker 3: He showed her the first time when he didn't leave. But we ain't gonna harbor too long. But we'll be on this ship. Good God. Vote your president, don't vote your pants, don't rot your feature the features, deary, vote what you're living in right now and you know what you're living in, you know the situation you liveing in. Before we're going to further the Biben was old when he was the vice president to Obama, which I'll thought he drank the Benjamin bud and went back.
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all. But the one thing that you've been saying all along, and it's the truth. The reason that Obama, who was very inexperienced, voted, not voted, had him brought him onto his campaign was because Joe had tremendous experience. And one of the best things that Joe did was foreign policy he made so let's remember it. Yeah, especially in this world of wars all over the place, we need someone with excellent foreign policies, chops.
Speaker 3: And he is still building and repairing and rebuilding allies that we lost during the last administration, So we have to give him a credit for that. So he can't be You don't need to see him eighteen every day as long as he's doing the job. So yeah, I'm still riding with Bite. He just can't drive because good god, we know what he did on the bike. That's all right.
Speaker 2: We took my Grandpy's keys away. Then he were a little older than him. But that's all right. He doesn't need to drive. He can he can sit. I mean he's already. So we had a terrible earthquake, We've had a couple which I want you to speak to. But in Japan, and the first thing that he did, you know, he was making a statement that the US stands ready to provide any necessary assistance to Japan. Would you believe that? You know that eighty years ago when we were fighting them in the war. But he's he's smoothed it off and he's offering them exactly what the US should be offering them to keep them as the best allies that we possibly can.
Speaker 3: And that shows that shows great faith, That shows that America cares and that we will build. He will build that ally with Japan because we we will need somebody to stay with America if anything goes left. So that heads off of your body, right.
Speaker 2: It's so many people I don't understand that like I do see that they're frustrated and when we don't have the money. You know that we that we had and in different decades here in the US, but you have to pay, like the war in Ukraine and the war in Israel, these are our allies. There are people that watch our back overseas, so that's we need. We need people that are in Asia. So you have to help people out financially. That's how you show love.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, well that's how you real friendships as well. And we need our friendships, right because guess what we got a lot of enemies.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you know it's well people the people who are loving watching us come apart of the seams and acting so un American like, yeah, they certainly are. But so we discussed that earthquake. What about what happened in California. You guys had one too, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we had a four point one. I felt that here in Long Beach too, Bobby, my beer was shaken. I feel like Lenda Blanda X waiting. I was waiting. I'm like, oh, I was shaking. Yeah. And where we are in Long Beach, because we're right on the San Andreas fault line. It was that was that wasn't one of the bigger ones. I felt that actually felt one that shook the pictures off the wall. And the actual quake is not the scary part for me. It's the trimmers afterwards, because that's what really shakes up the trimmers. That really was scary the aftermath. So I don't know, I don't know, but I did feel that when my whole house felt My daughter's like, do you feel that? I was like, yeah, I felt it the earth. I felt the earth move under my feet, under your feet. That's scary though, why because that was all the way in Japan and then we had you know, I believe that a lot of that stuff be so connected some kind of way, you know. I don't know that was if we got there after man.
Speaker 2: Could be they're waiting. I things were so bad for them. It was. Now this means absolutely nothing to me, but to some people, well, it was a seven point sex magnitude that they actually were thinking that they were going to have tsunamis, you know. And the last time we ever really heard of a tsunami something that was big was was the one in Bali that time. You know, that's really that that kind of those waves come in and just flatten an entire island. That was kind of scary.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think I would drop dead if I ever felt an earthquake, and they we haven't had one here in the New England area. In so long, nothing that anybody could you know that. I'm sure that we're due for it. I don't know how we'd handle it.
Speaker 3: Well, don't be inviting it, Bobby, don't be inviting now. Oh yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Mean.
Speaker 3: She didn't mean it at all.
Speaker 2: What have you been up? What do you have coming up? What have you been doing?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Just just enjoying the holidays?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, we got a show coming up on the nineteen. We'll get to the end of the show. But I do have a show come up in New York. I'm ready to tell y'all about that. And I got something big coming next week, but I can't tell you all about it. But we're gonna start leaving brig crowned as early as tomorrow anyway. And it's going to help. It's going to help laugh and learn. It's going to help because I have a new I had to get a new Instagram page. I was hacked by it. Oh, Bobby, I was hacked. Somebody hacked me.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine. I like, they don't have a big enough life. I mean, that's how people spend their.
Speaker 3: Time, and they try to exhort me to get it back. I told him happylidate sticking to your a.
Speaker 2: I don't, but I'm sure, I am hoping, and I'm sure that you reported it because you know, if they did anything on your page, you don't want to be the one that's held responsible for it. And if they're doing it to you, God knows so many other other people they're doing it.
Speaker 3: So over the weekend of this past weekend, by it, let's talking about what's happening in the world. Gypsy roadcast release Gypsey Rose was released from prison. Jessey Rose at Blanchet was released from prison after what ten years?
Speaker 2: I think she served eight. I think I think ten was her sentence. I think and she served eight. I gotta tell ya, I have really mixed emotions about her because she was her mom had Monchausen's and tortured her for years, gave her medications, had her half procedures. She was, you know, cheer bound. You know, the poor kid couldn't even be a kid for entire life. And her she had her boyfriend. I don't know how she got a boyfriend. God, I am really doing things wrong, But she got a boyfriend and he shot the mother and killed her. I honest to God, I think that she should have had time off for you know, all the passions of the mother. But she obviously did okay in jail. She got married. I'm telling you she's going to have some sort of magical whatever. I wish her the best luck. And I don't know how this girl could be mentally together, to be quite honest, do you wait a minute.
Speaker 3: She got married to the boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Somebody knew, No, somebody else, somebody else, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lookal then came up.
Speaker 2: That's something. But he was waiting for her like he you know, I guess he did all sorts of there's somebody. You have to have some sort of sponsor or something. I guess when you're and you're going to be getting out, somebody that works with you for a couple of years. And they were very pleased. They were very nervous at first, they said, when they when they heard that she was going to be get married, but after meeting him and seeing their relationship, she was very pleased for because she has nobody. I think she's been and I don't think the mother had much of an infrastructure as far as friends and family, So now this poor girl has even less. But she's out, she's finally free. Those were her words. God bless her.
Speaker 3: Oh it's so many that story's so many different levels because you know, the Bible tells us to honor thy mother and my father. But the mother was doing wretched things to that baby, keep us sick just because of her illness. You know, God, mother had her own illness, and I hate that nobody didn't know what see and that's probably why she had no friends and family around, because somebody would figured it out that she's poisoning her own kids. So but I'm with you, Bobby, that girl is going and then she you know, she had her own mother. She had a hand in having her own mother murder, right, she did.
Speaker 2: So she didn't she I think she admitted it, like I don't think it was a big you know, she was hiding anything because.
Speaker 3: And part of me wants to be upstep with her that she had her own mother killed. But the other part of me wants to be like, what took you so long? Because the mother when she found out what the mother was doing to you, I get it, and I want you all to take that like I'm not gonna doone and murder. I'm not no doing what the mother did. To her either. I just want you all to see that from both sides, and she will be a wreck, probably her whole life. I just hope that if she decides to have children, oh she doesn't, that it doesn't go any further than this, because you know, it's usually generational.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I mean she, I mean she she could be a lovely she could be the opposite, do too much for the kid. But I think I'd just like to see her have a half decent life after the hell that she went through, because it is honor your mother and father, But your parents are supposed to give up their own lives to take care of that child, not put that put your your children in jeopardy. But you did bring a good thing up. The mother did have an ills. Biproxy is an actual mental illness. I just wish somebody had picked it up with the poor kid. And god knows if she can even have children. I don't don't know all the stuff that the mother did, nor do I want to, you know. And speaking of did you see the of bad Mothers? Did you see that that Kimberly Singler, she she's from Colorado that they arrested her Finally, she was on the loose, killed her killed two children, injured a third, and they caught her in the UK. Can you imagine they arrested her in the UK over the weekend? Thank God. Like, if you don't want kids, to give them up. There are so many people, even foster kids, that would take kids in, Like, don't kill them.
Speaker 3: I love. Let me segue to Colorado since she brought up Colorado because Colorado, you know, last episode we did, I was kissing Colorado's governments, but because they removed Donald Trump's name off the primary. But they had a shooting at their courthouse and now they stand of the guys mental illness. The story is still unfolding. But my conspiracy is he was in avid Trump support and they did that because they took his name off. And I'm hoping that that is not what is going to happen to the states that decide to remove his name off the primary baths. Now, nobody has not been reported anywhere that that was the reason, But I say it's my own personal conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think, And you said, the most important thing is is that it's actually still unfolding, right, So he he, I don't know, he had some sort of accident, first chi accident and then was shooting in hall. You know, it was very dramatic, but you're right, they're saying that they don't know if it has anything to do, so we're going to have to wait, and I hope it doesn't. It doesn't turn out that that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Plain.
Speaker 2: I hope it is just a mentally ill person because we have many states that are a few of them already.
Speaker 3: Have about out.
Speaker 2: We have Maine who has has decided to go to the route that Colorado did. The Secretary of State is, in fact it is a Democrat. I would love if we had some Republicans, some brave Republicans that are coming forward and saying that Amendment fourteen, Section three applied. You know that it wasn't all because it looks so political when it's just all Democrats that are making these big.
Speaker 3: Moves, right, And I hear you on that, Bobby, But they are. I'm sure there's some Republicans that feel just like that. But with his numbers being where they are according to the polls, and his popularity greatly rising, they are petrified of losing their position.
Speaker 2: But do you think claim honestly do you think that some of these moves that are being made, even though we're liking them and they're correct, I feel like they're just fueling him even more. Yeah, you know, like the worst he does, the higher he goes.
Speaker 3: Well, we had an episode called it is America rewarding bad behavior because that's what it looks like, and speaking of bad behavior and America behavior. She didn't do bad behavior, but she did not speak the words or the way that they wanted her to speak. President Claudine Gay of of Harvard Harvard University has stepped down because she has been getting their threats and she has been getting all kind of threats because they felt like she was anti stamic about some statements that she made, and she didn't. I don't think she They don't feel like she stood up enough for the Jewish children at the school. Is that correct, Bobby?
Speaker 2: That's right. They they she and not just not just President Gay, but the Pennsylvania and Yale also said they they because they do it for the whole. They're looking at big picture and they feel that if a threat is made and it's in a group, that's something that they don't feel is actionable. But if they had picked one student out and then went after that one students and they could do something. And of course, when you're a scared student and you're a minority in the school, you know, there's not like five hundred of you that can kind of back each other. These kids, especially where they're paying top dollar for their educations. As you can imagine the parents and the kids, they're not quite pleased with it. But the reason supposedly that she stepped down was there's also somebody that kind of capitalized on what was going on and said that she had some sort of plagiarism whatever. So that's what she in nineteen ninety seven, she got her PhD dissertation and she didn't properly cite or something, and so she's just stepping down. I'm hoping that she's still going to be able to be a professor in the school. I'm disappointed because in the four hundred year history of the school, she is the first black female that has been able to be president, and she was only president for six months, so this is super disappointing to me. I feel badly that she felt pressured. If it's true about the plagiarism, that's a little disappointing, but you know that that too was unfolding. And here's the thing. Will she stepped down? Will we ever hear what the what the end result is? What if she didn't do it? You know, I hope somebody comes out and reports that.
Speaker 3: She will she stepping down because they say she was not able to say unequivocally that call on campus for genocide of Jews would violate the school's conduct policy. Her statement is, it is with a heavy harbor, a deep love for Harvard that I write to share that I will be stepping down as president. Gayro and they letter to Harvard community. The first black president in Harvard's nearly four hundred year history, served for just over six months, Like you said, the shortest term in the university's history. Alan Garber, who currently serves as provosts and chief is that provost provide?
Speaker 2: Yep, you said.
Speaker 3: Provosts, Provost and Chief Academic Officer at Harvard will step in as interim president intil the school finds a new labor Gay's resignation was celebrated by the conservatives, who put her a ledged plagiarism in the National Spotlight. Christopher Ruffo and activist who has helped the rally the GOP against critical race theory and other cultural issues. Said he's glad she's gone. Rather than take responsibility for minimizing anti semitism, committing serial plagiarism, intimidating the free press, and damaging the institution, she calls her critics racist, Rufo said on x currently formerly Twitter. Rufo added that this is the poison of the diversity, equity and inclusion ideology. He sounds good and racist.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine what's the first thing. He's the one who he goes against critical race theory and he thinks she's racist.
Speaker 3: Please, it had to be the pressure, because you know, yeah, and what the boldest statement out of all of that was, it took four hundred years and she's the first black female. So do you know what kind of pressure and weight was on her shoulders going in and y'all didn't even give her a chance in six months. I'm telling you she probably stepped away for her own sanity because I don't know, Yeah, family, I don't hope people don't read into like, oh she was inadequate, she could do the job. She probably stepped away from so much pressure that we know anything about that she may speak about one day, but now now to save herself, because sometimes you have to step away from things to save yourself.
Speaker 2: And she probably still wants to work. Originally when they were asking, so the person that that that stepped down from PEM, the Penn's president, they're still going to work at school. So she's probably thinking, do I still want to be able to have a career at the end of this, you know, because where are you going to go if you're if you're you know, kind of booted out. So and if she's got a family, just important one that's Kevin McCarthy. Yeah, he's going to do something though, he's going to help the community in different ways playing don't be silly.
Speaker 3: Speaking of booted out. Also, Maine has taken down Trump's name of the Price and they're fighting it. Baby. That lady said, I'm going to court, and I hear what you're saying, Bobby. As far as the Democrats, you wish more Republicans, but they are really petrified to speak up and they just speak I know. So what we know is everybody is fighting for seat number two to see who he will pick to be his choice for vice president. We do know that because they're not going to catch up with him whether he debates or not. And the worst he does, the more popular he becomes. So but it's just it's still up to us as American people to make the choice of what we want. I think a lot of people are choosing his freedom of speech because that's the way they want to speak. I think they've been held back from being able to say what they want to say for such a long time, and he has given them a voice and the courage which I talked about on The Wizard of Ours from they Want a Coffee Time that those morals are hard of bring and courage when you got all three of you dangerous. Yeah, a lot of them ain't got no brain. Let's just be honest. But he's given them hard encourage to be able to say what they want to say. But then thinking that this is going to be long term and we're destroying our country. We're not making it great, we're making it ungreat.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we're making it, and I don't It makes no sense to me. Flame it just does. It doesn't. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I don't get it, and and and his policies, and it makes it look like that borner wall thing that he was talking about. You know, I'm not in agreement with it, but it makes it look like it was very relevant because look at what's happening with our immigrants, with all people coming over here, and I don't want to call them immigrants. We all damn immigrants. We all came over here because we were not our origins. Wasn't born here were you're from Ireland, Hill, We were from Africa. I told you I was happy with my bone in my nose. But now we and so we have all migrated here. We have all migrated from somewhere else looking for a better life, which is what those people are doing. I just wish we had a system. I wish we had a system that worked.
Speaker 2: Well, that worked. You said it, because we do have a system, but it's not. We need to either open up the numbers.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: President Biden wants to whoever wants to come and work immediately in the jobs we need, the migrant jobs. The jobs everybody you know, grocery stores everywhere. The kids don't want to get the jobs because they're too good. He wants to make sure that they have some sort of paperwork so that they can work immediately. People aren't pleased with that because they'd be paying for their own health care. You know, if you're working, you're getting all your own benefits. They wouldn't be taking off of the off of the country's dole. But we do need to we need to do it in phases. As far as getting them in. We can't let all four hundred and fifty thousand in at the same time right We don't have the infrastructure for it, so some people are going to have to wait. And we need a better vetting process. We don't want to let the you know, the drug dealers in, et cetera, et cetera. We need we need more judges that they're either at the border or something. We need somebody to We did a better system and we contact the CAN. So Biden is being held responsible even though this is something that's gone on for the past sixty plus years. He needs to pick up the torch and kind of run with it, just like Obama did with healthcare. It wasn't what Obama would have wanted the ACA. It was the best that he could get past, and I think that Biden needs to do the same. It's not going to be a perfect immigration process. But he's got to do something because this.
Speaker 3: Is nuts and it's so scary about me. I felt, I'm looking at these people climbing through the razor wire and they use they have a system with the carboy, and they put the kids in the cardboard, and it's so scared and they still may get it cut here or there, but nothing like they would get if they don't have the cardboard. And then they're being robbed and they're being raped enraped to get to the board. So they go through so much just to get to the boy.
Speaker 2: Oh, by their own people, by their own people. You know, it's not yeah, but they are their own people in these coyotes that are that are you know, taking the last few dollars that they have. It's it's not a system, it's not a way of life. They shouldn't be trying to wade across the Rio Grande. Would my people have done the same thing if that was the way, Yes, I mean mine came. Mine waited for their number. My grandfather waited for his number, and he can't came the right way, but you know they didn't. You know, it's it's a miserable system. I can't say what's going on in all of you know, the South American countries that they're all trying to escape. But a lot of people think they're just coming from Mexico. They're not. They're coming all the way up geez. They're even flowing through Haiti, coming through our southern borders. It's crazy that the places that they're coming. But we need, we need a better system. We need to up our numbers. We certainly have a gazillion jobs here in the United States right now that nobody wants. We need to start filling those I've never.
Speaker 3: Thought you would have thought there were the Republicans would have came up with a system. All they had to do was have them come across the border if they was a voting age, make them signa pivotus that they was actually Republican, and make them all all Republicans. I will win by a landslide because there's so many of them. But y'all too stupid, y'all too angry, So y'all not doing this.
Speaker 2: Don't be don't be talented. That idea for the next next thing. We know they'll all be getting a rubber stamp. But you think, right, you would think that there'd be some They certainly want jobs certain certain jobs filled. I mean, I don't know about you. I've never had less customer service in my entire life. Even on big companies. You can't get anyone to pick up the phone, and you can't get it to be any answer, you know.
Speaker 3: And so when you do give one that's pleasant, I'm not gonna even stay just happy with their job. Just it's like a breath of fresh air. It's like, oh my god, please, can you be my customer service everything that I do?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Speaking of specials, Special counsel Jacksmith has pushed back on Trump's claim that he should be quoked with absolute immunity from criminal prosecution, arguing in the New Family that the sweeping ascitation threats to licensed presidents to commit crimes to remain in office. Arguments before us the Peice Court are scheduling for my son's birthday, which is January the ninth. I have a twenty one year old. He's trying to get out of there. He knows what he did. He's trying to get out of there. Part of me believes that that's the only reason he really wants to be president, because he can make that go away.
Speaker 2: I think I think there's a multitude of things. I think that I think that's it if you believe conspiracy type of people. I think that he gets certain monies while he's running that he can divert to his to his legal counsel. Because even a gazillionaire, if he was one, but it turns out he's not, you couldn't afford all this, you know, all this money that's going out for legal fees.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I think there's a whole host of things, and I think I think he's got the big hand flame. I think he likes the idea of being in charge and being a dictator, and all he does is surround himself with people that blow smoke up is butt, so he thinks.
Speaker 3: He can do it. I wonder does it come out orange the smoke.
Speaker 2: It probably comes out like like orange dust.
Speaker 3: Like orange McDonald's, like Burger King.
Speaker 2: That's like cheeto dust, you know, the stuff that you get stuck on your on your fingers. And Massachusetts, Yeah, we get we call him Jacks. They used to be, but Cheetos are better than Jack's.
Speaker 3: I am not pleased with a whole lot of nothing on both fasts. Honestly, Bobby Clifford, but I am still going to vote what I think is the fairest for me for me. Yeah and uh yep, he oh yeah. I think he's still doing the job. I think he's qualified. And if we were living in the Asian world, in the Asian culture, they honored their elderly, they uplift, they learn from and respect the elderly. I don't know, we just don't do that anymore here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, we're not. If he wasn't doing the job, he just so we also have to remember, and people don't want to remember because we don't like anybody that's not perfect either. He does have a speech impediment, so when he was younger, he could flip and move on a dime. And he is getting older, so he has to think about everything that comes out of his mouth a little slower, so and he does flow up a little bit on his words. But Jesus mind is always active. He's got a sense of humor, like he's like nobody's business. So you know, when he's given you the business and can come up with a one liner, I always love that. So I think he's doing when the minute doesn't do the job. What I feel that he's doing the job. He's doing it to my satisfaction. But a lot of people aren't getting the stuff that they want. But he's being shot down. It's not that he's not trying, he just can't seem to push it across. Miserable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so much again, like that, so much is happening on his watch, so it makes him, Oh yeah, even though it would have happened on whoever's who I'll keep forgetting that it would have happened to whoever was in that seat at this time. But because if he is on his watch and they try to make it look very bad on his end, he's one man that's trying to run so many things. And you'll got to remember one more time. He is still mending fences that somebody else put a whole lot of hosing. And good god, and I'm not so much power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's only got so much power too. People think it's all on the president. The president can come up with the ideas and they can veto in the end certain things, but it still has to go through Congress and then it has to go through the Senate. So if you have groups that aren't willing to work together, which both of our systems. We should be voting all a lot of people out this this next election, because these people are not the who represented, are not working for us like they should be, not all of them especially. I see more of it on the GOP side, but once in a while I'll see somebody on the Democratic side that I think, you know, you got to play ball. It's not always about winning, it's winning for the people. What's best for the people. What's the best thing that you can pull across the line. It might not be exactly what you want, but you got to compromise. We learned that in kindergarten, didn't we.
Speaker 3: I kindergarten was very different from there. There's online.
Speaker 2: That was a good one.
Speaker 3: Listen to me, y'all. I don't know whether you be Democrat or Republican or whatever you think you are. And I understand that y'all want this third party with the independence. I get it. I would like to see that come to fruition sometimes film too, but it won't happen this year. Not letting the vote is going to destroy this country. Find a candidate, whether it is the Democratic or Republican, that you think that you can tolerate for the next four years, and one of them say it won't be four years, said to be forever. I'm not gonna say his name, but he's orange. But find the candidates that you think that you can tolerate and live through the next four years, and that's the one you vote for. I'm not telling you which way to go, but independent ain't gonna get it. I like some of the independent candidates too, but they don't have a snowball's chance in Hill. And it's just a waste of time right now. I'm not saying that we won't get a third party system one day, but we sure not gonna get it this year. You surely not gonna get it now. We're gonna divas the boat and mess up the country. Save our country, please save even.
Speaker 2: In four years flame, I gotta say, I I just don't see the I don't even see for twenty twenty eight us being able to get a third party up and running. And people have to pay attention, pay attention to your congressman and your senators, like we were just talking about that they're gonna work for you, and what their history is. I mean, look at Bob Menendez, He's a Democrat. He's a hot, stinking mess. He's getting new indictments that are out. So let's try to get people that are honest. They're not working for themselves and how they can line their pockets. They're actually working for what your ideology is, what you want to see in your area. Pay attention, read read their bios, because it is, it is, it's freaking. It's scary, this whole it's all scary. I still can't believe that Trump is he's pulling pulls a relative, but he's pulling higher than Biden right now. Ninety one felony counts.
Speaker 3: And as far as my people go, black people were the ones that I see is talking about bite not doing nothing. So we go vothe with Trump. It's not that I don't get what you're saying, but you lost me with your reasoning. Because you're angry with this man. You're letting your emotion control your decision that will change and affect the rest of your life. I'm gonna tell you what, don't let your emotion. That emotion is a powerful drug. That emotion is going to destroy you. You better be tolerable and you better sit back and remember that this is his first term, and he's doing the job that none of us will do. But you want to go back to something that you know is going to destroy you. Some of y'all just don't I won't say that. Let me just say it outloud. Some of y'all stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think some of us are lazy, is what I really think it is. And we don't want to do the work because it's but I don't want people. Please, I want you to vote. Don't not do the work. You know, don't not vote because you don't want to do the work. But open your mouth. It doesn't have to be hard when you do a little research.
Speaker 3: You do that. That was so aggressive. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Talk to your friends. And I don't know about at least in my area, I think they do it across the country. Probably three months before the election, they send out these nifty little books that let you know about laws in your area and the people who are that you need to vote for in your area, as well as you know people held in higher office as well. Read that little book. It's like it's like the spark notes when we were kids, When you were in high school and you had to write something you.
Speaker 3: Just said, they don't read you had they need to send those out in clickbait. That's the only thing that people see is clickbait.
Speaker 2: That you're probably right, But you know what, flame because I just read the book, I'm kind of old school. They probably have it. You probably could go on to like, you know something dot gov and they'd have all the selections there. So if you figure it out, if you're hearing this, let us know because we'll we'll say it on the next episode.
Speaker 3: It's all clickbait, clickbait. What was I going to tell you? Oh ladies, join On the nineteenth of January, Happy New Year. By the way again, I will be at the Yamabad Casino here in southern California with with Christminster headlining, with headlining by Tiffany Hattish. I'm opening for her, me and Chris and she's headlining. And February second and third, I will be in New York City at the Harlem County Club Comedy in Harlem. Get your tickets on the site. It's one show on Friday and two shows on Saturday. And yes, I will be doing it. If you ain't scared to ask it, I ain't scared to answer. It, And yes, I would like for you now to not to record me because we're getting this ready for the Netflix Showcase, which is made a tenth at the Elisian Theater and hopefully I'm gonna get me a one hour special, so I don't need my material out before they see it, thank you very much. Don't make me pull the day japel and walk out on y'all head.
Speaker 2: You don't have to, because I'm gonna try to come to that one and I'll go and sit on top of them if they do it, and if you think that, and then I'll bounce a few times. Everything in their lapp will be broken, including.
Speaker 3: Think about Bobby take them out. So, yeah, we're going to have a great time. But you guys, come with your questions, to come with your We're gonna have a fantastic and you get to hear my new stuff, which is politics, identity, religion, and family, all the things that we are not supposed to talk about in mixed company. I'm about to mix it up. We're counting on it, okay, So I have to see you guys there some of them sometimes, So and next week I can't tell you all right now, but next week y'allas see it, y'all see it, ladies. Jim, we want to thank you. This is our first episode for almost We get almost down to the wires to start season four and we have got the green light for that, so I'm very excited about that. But here at Left Alone, the model never changes because we will never change or what we're here to do. We are here to transfer information. You teach us, we teach you, and we hopefully we can laugh along the way as we're learning from each other. Because here at Laugh and Learn, we are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind.
Speaker 2: Because of why, Bobby, the mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 3: And we are in twenty twenty four subwayteing your man my time and somebody else is dying. Get it right and get you a glass of wine and you're gonna be fine. I'm a rapper the year that you keep me to it. Yeah for joining us here at Laugh, Alanin, Boby Cliffer, thank you for helping me get to season four. And to our wonderful producer mister Aaron Howard, thank you, Ann Whoo. We appreciate you I don't know what we're gonna call this episode, but ooh, we have to put some stuff down. Y'all stay with us all year, please, because politics will be something to talk about and very interesting each and every day and you need to know and me and Bobby will try to give it to you as abc as possible so that it won't scare you. Because politics can be scary. But if we make it easy by you, you'll make it the right decisions. And that's our plans. We gonna make it easy so you'll do it right. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, our Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our objective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you, guys. This is Slam and Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn.