Speaker 1: Vocally, y'all think Trey song sings better than fetti wop? No way, y'all are kidding me right, I'm not talking about music now, we know Trey songs makes better music, but y'all talking about vocally y'all think Trey song sings better than fetti wop? Yes? Me neither. Betty wop sounded like Whitney Houston. What's up? Y'all's your girl? Lex p And it's your girl Dre and the call and you are tuned in to another episode of poor Minds. We're a drunk mine speak sober thought. We ain't got no guests today. We ain't got no guests today period. So we were just having a conversation and we were talking about like good throwback songs, like some good good throwback songs do you I want to talk about? So we were talking about like Trick Daddy and his throwback song.
Speaker 2: What was the song? You was just singing the song?
Speaker 1: I ain't really here to play no games?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 1: You already mind name? Yeah? Yeah, hit they don't make they don't do it like that no more. I want to talk about the Timberland era. That was a good era. You Timberland really and you know what this is what is so crazy because it goes to show you like everything goes out of style, but it'll come back, you know what I'm saying. Like Timberlin had that good like nineties two thousand sound and obviously like now that's not what people are listening to, but it's gonna come back. He still be producing, people still be producing. But what I'm saying is like people don't really look for like Timbaland type beats. They're looking for that take Keith beat. They're looking for, you know, a metro booming type beat right now because that's what's hot right now. But one thing I love about Timberland though, he makes like music that you can listen to, because I can still listen to Hot Light Fire. I was actually listening to that the other day, Like I put that on my Instagram post the other day. Timeless music kids.
Speaker 2: He he had a good run with ce Loo.
Speaker 1: How could be gonapeak you with ridiculous? Like damn, they don't do it like that no more. You know, music just isn't the same.
Speaker 2: It's not the same. Carry Hilson had.
Speaker 1: A great run with Timberlin. Carrie Hillson's first and second album, Perfection.
Speaker 4: I was watching that movie yesterday, almost Christmas, and she was in that movie Shots Secury was Almost Christmas.
Speaker 1: Who's in that? Vanny Glover Monee? Oh, yes she was, Yes.
Speaker 2: I know what ever real union she was? She was a t T.
Speaker 4: I can't remember her her real name, that's the respectful she's alleging.
Speaker 2: No, I know, I know what's her name?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't think of it. Somebody remember her name? Okay, I look, hey, not say her name, but you know who also had a great run together justin Timberlake and Timberland. They did crime around, Creamy, crimey crime, creamy, crimey. Oh that was such a good song. Well I'm gonna listen to that in a car because you know what we have to talk about how justin Timberlake. It's everything that Justin Bieber is just me because Justin Timberlake was like the first Wiga. He was the first one that we're like, does he like black girls? And they we're like, oh, false alarm. Same thing for Justin Temple. I mean Justin Bieber, we were like, do he like a little chocolate in that though? Do you think so? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I don't think that they don't like.
Speaker 2: Like a little chocolate in that.
Speaker 1: But we thought, you know, sometimes you think they gonna end up with a black woman because dating a black girl and like ending up with a black like just the same thing for us. We'll date a little a white man and we ain't gonna end up with one, you know what I'm saying. So it's a difference. So I think we at one point we all thought that, you know, Justin was like, oh yeah, he got too much, too much seasoning and that salt.
Speaker 4: Do you think black women be fine but we just be a headache. No, I don't know what they be saying.
Speaker 1: It's the streets say. I think the thing is is like to me, if you're the type of person that think, oh a black woman is fine, but she's a headache, you just a man that doesn't like to be challenged. I think black women are so intelligent and we bring issues to the table, we challenge that, and I think to become a better person, you have to be challenged. And if you don't want to be challenged, that means you're okay with where you are in life and you're okay with being stagnant, which is cool with me. But as for me and mine, we're finna challenge each other in upgrade.
Speaker 2: So if you call that annoying, good for you.
Speaker 1: But I'm finna go up over here where the challenges are I like a little not annoying. You don't think you can grow without being challenging.
Speaker 2: In order to grow.
Speaker 1: It's a challenge because in your comfort zone, it's not challenging. In order to grow, it's a challenge no matter what. That's how I personally feel like growing is not easy. It's easy to stay in this comfort zone. It's hard to grow. So yeah, I think it's always going to be a challenge when you're growing. So when you're surrounded by people, even with a romantic my friend, my family, I like to be around people who challenged me to do more and push me to do more and think outside the box.
Speaker 4: And I was talking to one of my friends and she was telling me, like she has like one of her best friends is like Latino, and she was just saying like, and she said she has like a few other friends that are like of other races, and she was just like, they just don't be as combative as we are. Like she was like, including herself, she was like, like, I feel like I'm very spicy, Like when it comes to niggas. She was like, I feel like I'm very spicy. I'm gonna give them in a run for his money, Like you're just not about to play on my top, Like They're like I always got something to say. I'm a challenge thing. She was like my friends, she was like, they just be like cool. They don't ever say anything cool. And she was like, but she but the reason I'm asking it is because she was like, I feel like men still change for them. She was like, and I feel like they still challenge the men at they're daiy, but just a different approach. She was like, I feel like sometimes like as black women, we be a little abrasive. And I was like really yeah, she was like you she was like just being a person who has She was like, do you have a lot of like friends of other racism And I was like, no, I don't, and she was like yeah. She was like, I have like numerous friends of other races. She was like, and it's just something that I've noticed. She was like, they be getting me into like grow and change and challenge them too. She was like, but I just think it's in a different way. She was like, if anything, I think like we be running niggas away, and I said, hmmm, interesting, Yeah, there's an interesting perspective.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting perspective. But you know, being with being somebody, Like I said, I'm still friends with all my friends from high school. It's probably and all of them. I would say eighty percent of my friends, you know they've gotten married, but also a lot of them are divorced now single moms. I feel like, I don't think race has nothing to do with it. It's just a person that you're dealing with, man, woman, black, white. If you're dealing with somebody who's willing to grow with you, they're gonna grow with you, doesn't matter what your attitude is or x y Z. So if you're dealing with the right person, they're gonna do right by you, no matter if you're aggressive or not. So I don't know, I have to, like I said, I think I disagree with that, but I don't know. Like I said, I always like people who kind of stand on business and they're not just go with the flow in order to keep a man, because I'm not finna shut up just to keep a man. Then a lot of times when you go look at the snapped episodes, it be a few episodes with us, but go look at the most people that be on there because they be quiet, but they be building that shit up. So I'd rather deal with with a little talking back than a blicky because it gets sticky. I agree, I mean I disagree with that too. I think that.
Speaker 4: What kind of relationship are you in if you can't say how you feel? You know, why does it always have to be a challenge or or combative? Wise, it mean just not telling you my perspective, Like I'm just giving you my perspective, I'm giving you my opinion.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: This is how I look at the situation, which might be different from how you look at the situation. All from a living place, though, But why does it have to be combative?
Speaker 6: Disrespectful?
Speaker 1: Aggressive?
Speaker 4: And I think people just like to associate those words with black women. And I think it's also very very annoying and telling when other black women say that about it.
Speaker 1: Too, because I just be wondering, like, okay, so you being an easygoing person, and even if some people are naturally easy going though.
Speaker 2: So this is not for the women who are easy going.
Speaker 1: But if you're trying to force yourself to be easy going, where did that get you? Though? I think it gets people somewhere. Not that I disagree with you.
Speaker 4: I do think being easy going get people a lot of places. But I also think because when you just go with the flow and you don't have nothing to say, I think a lot of the time it is easier to get the things that you want temporarily or in the moment.
Speaker 1: I do think that.
Speaker 4: Maybe even in the long term, I think it's easy to get what you want, But I don't think you will be happy in the long time, right, And I guess that's what I mean. But I think some people don't care about happiness. A lot of people care about outer perception. They don't really care about, like actually being happy. I think a lot of people care more about what shit looked like than like, as long as it look good to everybody else, what they got going on in they household, between them and the men they cool with dealing.
Speaker 1: With all its long as it look good on the outside, you know.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think black women are abrasive. I think weve been.
Speaker 4: I think that we were raised by women for generations who have been through a lot of bullshe so they raised us to be prepared to deal for the to deal with the bullshet. That's really how I feel about it. I feel like my mama prepared me to be ready to deal with whatever, like however it's coming, be ready for this. And I feel like he was ready for war from birth. Yes, but I feel like that's how most of us was raised like and that's just something that a lot of other like women of other racess just will never understand gratefully, like luckily you will never have to know the struggle, you know what I mean, because I think we don't want to have to know their struggle, but it's just our reality, right, And I think people always take it as aggressiveness and abrasiveness, but I think if you find the right men, you naturally will fall into submission.
Speaker 1: But I also think I like men who like a mean value my opinion and they want to hear me say, okay, well what is your perspective on it? Because I know I'm looking at it like this, what's your view on it? I like that. I like somebody who I can have intellectual conversations with and they value my opinion because a lot of times the women in those situations they're dealing with a man who doesn't value their opinion. So you being easy going also goes with you don't have no say so with nothing. So yeah, And I've always looked at my life like when I'm in my last chapter, I always looked at it like I was a boss, y'all, granddaddy, your daddy, my husband, we was both bosses, and we was making moves together, and we made things happen together, you know. And there's nothing wrong with being like a housewife or somebody, because that's a job in its own as well. But I'm saying for me and what works. I like for my man to challenge me. I like to challenge my man, and I like for us to grow intellectually. And I like for a man when I say something, he doesn't look at that, look at it as me nagging, you know, vice versa. I don't want if a man tells me, hey, you know what, when you do this, it bothers me. I don't like it. I don't look at that as nagging. You know, we're trying to grow and elevate and figure it out. But I think it's a line though. It's definitely a line now cause some some bitches do be nagging. Yeah, and that's a and like we said, that's alright, said some nigga, you think you'll be nagging for real, I'll be smiling when I do it.
Speaker 2: So that's like, how you.
Speaker 1: Not nagging with a smile?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Either? Why do you think you be nagging? Oh? Because I ask for a lot, I'll be asking.
Speaker 2: But do you give a lot?
Speaker 1: Yeah? See, he gives more because I be like his Also, I think that his give is more. What I need from him a lot of times is physical stuff, Like I just ordered a whole bunch of tools and stuff so he can fix some bars for me. Yeah, when he asking me for stuff, he just wanted me to cook breakfast. Yea, yeah, you know what I mean. So I'd be like, sometimes it's uneven, but daddy ryeah, so improved.
Speaker 4: But as long as you're stroking the ego and you being appreciated.
Speaker 6: Look, I don't think that's nagging.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 4: When I think of nagging, I think of like somebody who is always telling somebody what they ain't doing or what they not good enough egg, or like you need to be bitter in this area. You need to do more for me. I'm unhappy. Like to me, that's what I kind.
Speaker 2: Of change who they are, like or.
Speaker 4: You're just constantly complaining about what you're not getting. When to me, if you're like so unhappy, you can go find some news. But I think when I think of like a nag, I think of somebody who is constantly trying to change. Yeah, the person, right, if they're with, whether it's the man, the woman, whoever. But like you just always complaining about this person, telling them what they're not doing right, what you feel like you deserve. Oh, you didn't do this right, you didn't do that right. I asked you to do this and you didn't do it, whatever the.
Speaker 1: Case may be. But like you could just go be with somebody else at that point, yeah, at that point. But I want to go back to what you were saying, because you were like, Oh, he does all this and he just wanting me to cook breakfast. It may be small to you, but it could be big to him because he probably dated so many women who don't want to get their ass up in the morning and cook breakfast. Yeah, so it could be big to him. Yeah, and his thing is like, I'm I'm going out, I have a job, I'm bringing in money, I'm doing all these I take you on these nice days, We're going on trips stuff. So like, yeah, these are things, our simple asks. But you know, when you're a pillow princess, you'd be wanting. I don't want to do that much. Okay, now I feel yeah, not a nag. Maybe I don't think that's nagging. Yeah, I don't think that's nagging either. Like I said, I think that when you're in a good, healthy relationship, y'all challenge each other to grow and to become better. And so when you're with the white person, it makes sense. You know, it makes sense A little one two. But we want to take the shot now? You want to wait? Sure? Sure? All right? What we toasted to another good solo? Were almost there? Jesus pete. It's one of twenty five. It is crazy when I really think about it, Wow to pass what we drinking? Gral dang. I was going back and forth between what t call this one. I was gonna call it the perfect pair like pe a R because that's some pair, and oh I love the other one was called sour Apple bitter bitch design fucking Willdom. That song was just in my head for so Hobby can choose whenever he puts this up, you can choose which one you want to go with. But this one has we went a little bit light, but still fall autumn style. We have whatever spirit of choice you like. We have a little pear juice. We have some apple schnops or some sour apple snops in there, so kind of pairing that apple with the pear, kind of collaborating on those. We have some caramel syrup and then a little bit of lemon juice, and then we topped it off with some sparkling champagne. So that's kind of what's giving at that beautiful like off green color to it. And then we garnished it. I gotta look creative. We did like a slice of pear. I drizzled some caramel and then topped it with a few pomegranate seeds, so better. I don't know where you got these pears from, but the pears are they're really good.
Speaker 2: This is a really good drink.
Speaker 6: Bartlet, Pears, Bartlett, this is real tasty.
Speaker 1: Only bart I know is Simpson, but he wasn't doing it like this.
Speaker 4: When I used to work at the grocery store. We used to sell a lot of Bartlet pears.
Speaker 1: You know about a bartlet pair? You look like you know about a bartlet paper. I used to cause the grocery store I used to work at was very very bougie. Okay, so let me ask you this. What's up, y'all? Is your girl XP and it's your girl Drey and a call. And y'all know it is holiday season, so the girls had to get y'all a gift. So starting today all the way through Cyber Monday, we have fifty percent off of our by Poor Mind's merch and we have thirty percent off of the E course and the ebook. So make sure y'all catch you while it's hot and army, while it's low period.
Speaker 2: What's up, y'all?
Speaker 1: Iss your girl XP and it's Sugarl Drey and the call. And one thing I'm gonna tell you it is time to take your health serious. So stop putting off those doc appointments and go to zodoc dot com.
Speaker 4: Zoctoc is a free app and website where you can search and compare high quality in network doctors, choose the right one for your needs and click to instantly booking appointment. We're talking about in network appointments with more than one hundred thousand health care providers across every specialty from mental health to dental health, eye care to skincare, and much more so. Whether you need a mental health to doctor, if you need a dental health doctor, if you need an eye health doctor.
Speaker 1: Whatever you need, doc dot got it.
Speaker 4: And you can see which doctors take your insurance because they also take insurance too.
Speaker 1: I like that. Plus, ZocDoc appointments happen fast, typically within just twenty four to seventy two hours of booking. You can even score same day appointments. I use this and you should too. So what you're gonna do is go to zo dot dot com backslash poor minds. That's zoc doc dot com backslash poor minds. Go get your health phone, period, So stop putting off those doctors appointments and go to dot com slash poor minds. Find an instantly book a top rated doctor today. That's zoc doc dot com slash poor mind dot com slash poor mine. What about them grapes that taste like cotton candy? How they do that? What about them? How do they do that, bitch? Am I a farmer? Well you? Or did I work at the fucking a little one?
Speaker 2: Two about?
Speaker 1: I was a cashier? Well, I thought they had to teach y'all in case people asked, because I used to work in the restaurant. I never worked at a grocery store. So when we had to sell a drink or something, we had to know everything about it. So I didn't know if they had to. Y'all had to learn why the grapes taste like cotton candy?
Speaker 4: No, no, we never have to learn it in our trainings. We just we always had to learn like the cold. Oh, so y'all had to go like this so you know, Like yeah, so you know, like when you weigh your fruit or whatever, it'll be like a po u code.
Speaker 1: It'll be a pou cod that you gotta know.
Speaker 4: So like sometimes when they bring it to the register, it might not have the cold on the actual fruit, so you need to know. You need to know how to look it up and weigh it by the pounds or whatever. So like that's the type of stuff we would learn in training. Okay, not how a great taste like cotton candy.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I would. I would be the one that come up to the ractip like why does taste like and I would be like, ma'am, google is free? Probably were you? Was you a good employee? No? I was never a good employee.
Speaker 4: That's why I always say I probably will say that like that's it's so crazy because back in the day I said this. I remember, like some years ago when somebody had left the comedy was like Drea probably brags about not being a good employee, bitch facts because everybody is not like I was not. I don't feel like that was for me. I sucked at being like an employee. I feel like working for people to be cool, if you could get to like still be yourself. I feel like the environments that I.
Speaker 1: Worked in, yeah, you have to be very like that when I what to do with that fat ass booty, That's not what I was. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I just feel like the environment's like, for example, when you work in certain environments, I feel like it is okay to be yourself, Like it's pushed to be able to still be your sivil, be your creative, still be who you.
Speaker 2: Want to be.
Speaker 4: The environments that I worked in when I worked for other people. I had to conform if that makes.
Speaker 1: Me, No, it didn't. But I wasn't being funny because that lady used to hate on you because you had that fat ass. But they're all like jays. I don't think she was hating. Not to think she she was. She's seen a battie and her panty. She's not battie with a fatty. I'm telling showing her panty, I'm not. I wasn't. No, I was being funny. But I'm telling you older women because this is what happened to me at my last job. When they see somebody that's young and they see and they're you're smart, you ambitious, and they know they know you're not supposed to be here, and they know that they didn't probably misstate mark on what they they wanted to do and maybe follow their dreams. Because I told you, the lady was so mean to me when I was like, hey, I'm just trying to make ends meet. I need to go to the radio station. She was mad about it.
Speaker 4: But you know what's crazy, I think some of the people they was actually really doing what they wanted to do with their life. Like I feel like they was cool with working where they were working. They just didn't want you to surpass them. At least that's how I feel when I worked in corporate America, Like, I don't think it was like, oh, you haven't reached your peak, you haven't reached out potential.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go on to do bigger things than me, So I'm hating on you.
Speaker 4: I think it's like, this is what I'm doing, this is what I'm gonna be doing till I die, and I be damned if you take my place, or if you surpassed me because you're younger and you come home.
Speaker 1: My god. That's really what I think it was.
Speaker 4: But again, I think that some people are okay with being in an environment where they're being told to do what to do all the time by other people and they can't be free thinkers or do what they want or have their own schedule or with their own schedule. That just wasn't for me. There's anything wrong with that, but it just didn't work for me. So I think I was never a good employee because I always used to be like, why the fuck I gotta listen to you? And why the fuck I gotta be here at these times.
Speaker 1: I remember when I used to work for that company. I mean, it don't matter.
Speaker 2: I used to work for a company called Regis.
Speaker 1: And we had an employee meeting one day and I remember the lady like she was over the regional She was like the regional manager, and she was like, yeah, because if you want to get to my position, and good luck because to get here and babahlah, and like I remember afterwards, everybody was doing like an interview afterwards because I kind of see how you felt about the job, how things were going. And she was like, okay, so how do you want to grow with the company. Where do you see yourself in five years with the company. I was like, oh, I don't see myself being here, like this is just temporary for me.
Speaker 4: And when I tell you she got you said yeah, I probably wouldn't have said it.
Speaker 1: I mean, but at the end of the day, she was asking what I got my degree in.
Speaker 4: I don't see you should say that it worked, but I tell you why, Actually I don't think I'm going to be here.
Speaker 1: I mean, but the the thing is, she was asking me, what did you get your degree in? Yeah? And I told her what I got my degree and she was like, okay, well, what do you want to do. I say, you know, I want to get into you know, like television. At that point, I didn't know we were doing the YouTube stuff, so it wasn't nothing serious. She's like, so, where do you see yourself in five years with the company? I said, if I'm being honest, you know, this is like a stepping stone, so I'm you. I mean, of course I didn't say it like that, but I was like, I'm using this as a stepping stone so I can learn, you know, managing skills and this and that. You know, I'm fluffing it up. But at the same time, it's like, I don't want to be here, and then you just sat in front of everybody and told us good luck to being where you want to be. And one thing I don't like. I don't like when people try to talk down on you, because like they feel like, oh, I'm up here and you work for me, and I'm the regional manager, but you not the CEO. And even if you are the CEO, you don't need to look down on anybody, like we all trying to figure this shit out. So it just kind of rubbed me the wrong way, and I was just kind of like I was serving it to her like she had tried to serve it to us. I love on hoes, talk down, Yeah, yeah, because I know she is. I know she probably like, look at that bitch, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So who cares? It's like you ricey. So I wasn't gonna make it there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then at my other job that I had, I actually had an opportunity to move up in the company after I left that company, and he wanted me to sign a contract that I was gonna be with the company for at least four years.
Speaker 2: I said, I can't do that. I can give you what you need right now.
Speaker 1: I can give you what you need right now, but I'm not signing a contract to be here for four years. And literally like a year and a half later, we had went on and you was a good employee. That was a great I am a great worker. But I think that's what makes me a great boss too. I think there's two sides of being a boss. There's somebody who like you are like the type of boss like you like being in control, You're organized, you're smart, You're very like, this is what I want and this is what I'm gonna execute. I'm on the other hand, I think that's why we work so well. On me the other end, I know how it feel like to be a great employee. I know what to look for because I know what I gave to the companies, and I think that's why it works so well. Because I'm very much gay. My no, I'm when I used.
Speaker 2: To work, I used to clock up.
Speaker 1: Baby, Look, I was given my all. Let's rich, dude. I mean, well, how I met you?
Speaker 4: Well, we were working together at first, but then you became my boss.
Speaker 1: I mean because I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: To the manager.
Speaker 1: Every club was like every I ain't gonna love this, yek, she'll take advantage. I used to be like, I used to take to like Lex, I'm gonna be thirty minutes late. I'll be like, I got you covered, y'all be just be on time and dravy walking in and they'd be like, well, why don't worry.
Speaker 6: About walking in with Chick fil a water Burger.
Speaker 1: And y'all know I love a little burger. She used to brother. I used to bring her food to brob me a little burger. But I say this though, I promise you I'm not kidding. Every single job I've ever had since I was sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: I promoted every time, every single.
Speaker 1: Time, every single time. I I don't know. I like to work. I thrive in the work environ. Really, I'm an overachiever. I am like when it comes to like I don't know what it is. I just like to be the best at everything, like I have to. I gotta show you. So I think that's where we differ at too, Cause like one thing about you, like you gonna start something. If you don't like you be like fuck it, I'm about to move on, and you gonna you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't like wasting time, right, What wasted time is the worst thing in the world to me, Like when I think about myself as like an old person, the worst thing that I think of that's gonna like make me cringe and look back on my life and be so regretful is wasting.
Speaker 1: My time on anything.
Speaker 4: Money, all this stuff, Like none of that stuff matters that much to me because you can get all this like you can get money bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I don't care so much about like losing money on like a bad investment or if something needn't work out.
Speaker 1: Even when people talk about stuff like, oh, you spend all this money on rent, or.
Speaker 4: You spend all this money on X, Y and Z, might as well buy a house money that I'm gonna get back right right, but I have a place to stay.
Speaker 1: One of my uncles taught me that.
Speaker 4: Though I was trying us to my uncle Mama, one of my mama brothers, he always taught me that. He was like, I never understood why people trip or care so much about spending money on stuff, and they'll try to make people feel bad about not owning something. Mind you, this is one of my uncle who one of my uncles who owned like three properties.
Speaker 1: But he was just like, buy shit when you're ready.
Speaker 4: He always told me that buy a house when you ready, Buy property when you're ready, because at the end of the day, as long as you have somewhere to lay your head, and if you not ready to take on all of the maintenance that it takes to have a home, whenever something breaks, you have to fix it. When you live in an apartment, the apartment got to fix it. That's part of your rent. Cause do what makes sense to you. Yeah, So I just feel like I don't know, like I think about money and all of those things as things wasted.
Speaker 1: I think about time all the time.
Speaker 4: So I think that's when why when I was younger, it was all and even now you're in realcation, it's so easy for me to be like fuck this shit, because if I say fuck it and then what I go do doesn't work out, I can go back to that or maybe not the exact same right right, obviously, but something similar like when I quit my corporate job. Okay, when I made the decision and took the risks to decide to move to Atlanta. So I would have moved to Atlanta and I stayed here for two years and shit didn't work out and I need to move back to Houston.
Speaker 1: I could have went back.
Speaker 4: And got another corporate job working in oil and gas because I already had a year and a half of experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. So I don't know. I think people just I think a lot of people do need to be more risk takers in life. Well, I think there's also characteristics to being like a boss, and I think people need to realize it's a cycle. We need bosses, right, we need CEOs, we need entrepreneurs, but we also do need you know, the working class. We need people who are good and like I said, I think that's why our balance is so well because we need people like you who are risk takers, who start things, who think outside the box, who take that risk.
Speaker 2: And then we also need people like me.
Speaker 1: I can work, I know how I'm gonna show up, I'm gonna do the job. But also on the end of me being an entrepreneur and a CEO, I have that experience of like, Okay, I understand the type of personality that we need for poor minds and what I'm what we're looking for.
Speaker 4: No, like you are more willing to take on task. I think me I'm the person. I'm more of the person where it's like I'm a creator. I create the idea, and I'm cool with like, Okay, this is the idea. I made enough money, not let me delegate them. Yeah, it's like I rather pay people who I know are better at doing certain things than I am so that I can have the free time to keep thinking right and creating.
Speaker 1: And then I'm on the other end, like, let me do the job so I can show y'all how I want it done. And then I expect you to perform at this standard.
Speaker 2: That's fair, you know what I'm saying. But I think that's why it works.
Speaker 1: It's a proof is in the pudd Okay, I have to ask you one question. It's holiday season, right, let's switch on teas.
Speaker 4: Hey, y'all, it's Shaw Girl, Drey and the Call. And as y'all know, Thanksgiving it's coming up. So that also means Black Friday is coming up. So I am doing a huge seale at Newsbaudycollection dot com this Black Friday and Cyber Monday. So Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I'm gonna have a fifty percent off Black Friday collection and Cyber Monday collection. There's going to be a tab on the website that you can click on. Everything is going to be fifty percent off under that tab, and then I'm also going to be doing thirty five percent off of the whole website on Black Friday and then twenty percent off of the whole website on Cyber Monday.
Speaker 1: So stay toned, make sure.
Speaker 4: Y'all shop Musicbudycollection dot com. I also have a lot of new products that are going to be on the site coming up as well on Black Friday.
Speaker 1: So yeah, stay honed, love y'all.
Speaker 2: What's up y'all?
Speaker 1: Is your girl XP and is Sugarl Drey and the code and what thing me and my girl do not play about. It's about smelling goods Okay, So we about to give y'all the tea on a whole body deodorant that's gonna change your life.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love Loomy. It has you smelling good in all of those places. You know it's just women. We have all the folds everywhere, you have the under boobs, you under your arms, you got your booty crease. You know, you can put Loomy everywhere and it's gonna have you smelling fresh all day long. And most importantly, it was formulated by Obgyn, so.
Speaker 1: You know she knows she don't. So the best thing about it is it's about to be Cyber Monday. You can use this as a stocking stuff for You'll get thirty percent off on Cyber Monday. So what you're gonna do is go to Loomydodorant dot com and tell them poor mine sent you. Period.
Speaker 2: Loomy Starter Pack is perfect for new customers.
Speaker 1: It comes with a solid stick deodorant cream to deodorant two free products of your choice like mini body wash and deodorant wipes and free shipping. Now through cyber Monday, customers get up to thirty percent off all Loomy products. The perfect time to get your starter pack. Head to Loomydodorant dot com to take advantage of their biggest sale through cyber Monday. That's l U M E D E O D O R A n T dot com. And when they ask, please support our show and tell them we sit you. Okay, I want to talk about Thanksgiving real quick. Thanksgiving, Dude, what dish does not belong at Thanksgiving? Because I have a dish. I think it's very strange when I show up to people's houses and they have this. I don't think it belongs on the table. I think that it's very weird when they have it. So y'all let me know if I'm wrong. Okay, I not hate. I think it's very strange when people cook mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving. I think mashed potatoes is very weird on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I just feel like Thanksgiving is like it's given, like dressing mac and cheese. Like I feel like mashed potatoes is such like a dish, like you normally eat mashed potatoes on a Tuesday night. I'm gonna take the advice the opinion anybody who eats green bean casserole with a green but that's Thanksgiving, that's green bean castrole is for thanks I eat green bean. It's good now and wait time, hold on exact. I'm on the side of TikTok. You know how if you watch one, you eat it, thank you. So let me tell y'all, I end up on the side of TikTok. So TikTok is in a frenzy. They're in a whole war right now. TikTok is in a war about how to cook the mac and cheese right now. So they're going back about the dishes and things like that. So the reason I'm bringing this green bean casserole, let me tell you these southern Southern women, they're showing people how to cook the green bean casserole. What is the southern Kimmy creations? That is not a Southern Southern she cooks Southern dishes.
Speaker 4: Maybe that lady is from New Jersey, from New York, Well, she cooks Southern dishes.
Speaker 1: You're just further approving my point. Let me not even lie I don't even know if I seen it was heard green bean castro, because it probably from I saved it. It's somebody, it's some lady. I can't remember.
Speaker 6: I can assure you Southern people, it is not making green.
Speaker 1: Beans soon leaving the con I'm telling you Southern people that are Southern, they're they're cooking. But I say all that to say there is a war on TikTok. They cooking the green bean castle, but they're showing how to use it without the can of mushroom. They not using the can stuff. They're like, this is how you make it from scratch. I mean they are cutting up with the casseroles, with the mac and cheese. But back to the topic, I do not believe mashed potatoes is a Thanksgiving dish. I know, quick, it's too basic, and I feel like there's already too many starches. You're doing the dressing, you got the mac and cheese, you got the Hawaiian rolls, the biscits, so you don't need no What are we eating mashed potatoes a Thanksgiving? For real? Quick?
Speaker 4: Though, you right, Southern people do be making green bean casserole. But see, the problem is every time I've ever went to a Thanksgiving being, it be one scoop.
Speaker 1: Out of it.
Speaker 4: Oh see, not me, it be on the table like nobody eats it. Well, I've seen it at Thanksgiving dinners. No one ever eats it. I've never seen a whole pan of green bean casserole gone demolished.
Speaker 1: Never because you ain't been a Thanksgiving with me. Because if y'all going Thanksgiving with If y'all no, I do not, I'll be at Thanksgiving when my aunt ties bull and y'all be making it. Yeah, I mean, like I said, I think that's a maybe it's like a deep South, Okay, deep South thing. I've never seen it in the deep South, deep South thing. But I'm trying to find the lady that could because it wasn't Kimi kras But I think she did do a recipe, but because I saved it because I was like, ooh, I like that right now, and who would you gonna make it for? It is this lady. I'm sorry, I don't know where she's from. Tony Chapman on TikTok. I know I made a few of her recipes before she was making a green bean casserole. But she's like showing you how to do it, like for real, for real, I see her. She Latino though.
Speaker 8: Well she I don't know where she's from. I don't think where she's from. It's a lot of black people.
Speaker 1: No, she makes a lot of barm recipes. This man, y'all.
Speaker 6: With this making green bean casserole.
Speaker 1: Oh god. But but I will say exactly, green bean castrole. If you like it or not, green bean casserole could be but no, but I feel like green. No you eat. I eat green bean casserole once a year at Thanksgiving. But what I'm saying is, no matter what time of the year, mashed potatoes. I don't want mashed potatoes on my plate at Thanksgiving. I don't. I don't. I think it's weird with mashed potato, a little turkey and gravy. Yeah, I see that. I think this is maybe maybe it's just an orange thing or orange Texas thing, like we never cooked potatoes at Thanksgiving, Like when they be making the all grinding potatoes, that's the real white thing. I'll be saying. Because I like to deep diving. Would everybody be cooking? I like to see people because you know, people get mad around Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Why y'all posting y'all plates, we all eating the same thing.
Speaker 1: No, we're not well.
Speaker 4: I do hate when people post a plate because it looked nasty when all this sheep yeah on one plate mixed together, like, but people eat it.
Speaker 1: Don't don't post it though. Do y'all like cranberry sauce?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: You like cranberry sauce? Okay, y'all, you you know what it depends. My sister can make a cranberry sauce from scratch, change my life. Fresh cranberries. I don't like that. I don't like the ocean spray from the can come on from yeah too, sly, but let me there's certain things that if you try it from scratch, it might change your life. My sister, she my sister knows how to really cook. She's a baker too. Them biscuits, I don't pay my own biscuits. Shout out to she makes. It's just different. It's a biscuit, you know. I just I don't know my perfect Thanksgiving play. Come on, give it to us.
Speaker 4: It's dressing, dirty rice, dressing, dirty rice, mac and cheese, collar green or Cabby come on.
Speaker 1: Up or both of them. Let's get it.
Speaker 4: A Hawaiian row. Come on, little cornbread. Maybe where are you from?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, depending on what you like to dabble in yams? Can I get your day yams sweat?
Speaker 4: Yeah you won't and in a little in a little turkey or.
Speaker 1: A turkey wing or I'm not mad at that, or.
Speaker 4: You know I'm from Texas. I talked about these recently. Little brisky Yeah, come on, Drea, they're not ready for that little brisket. In Texas, we be having barbecue for things. Yeah, a little brisky, little rib.
Speaker 2: What's what's on your plate? What's on your plate?
Speaker 1: I don't want no ham. My palette has changed, like as I've become more of an adult. So like my aunt here, she'll make a seafood dressing.
Speaker 8: I'm like, oh my god, my sister makes the best seafood.
Speaker 1: I never had that until I moved here. If she put crawfish and shrimping hers crabs, she put lobster, she puts shrimp, it's gonna change your life. Gotta have macaroni. I like corn, and now I like honey roasted carrots. Those are really my kind. Make candy am cassero with the marshmallows. So I like that more than I like the yams. Yeah yeah, love a fried turkey and those are like my man. And then for vegetable, I'll do greens. Greens are like a broccolini. I like the yeast rolls.
Speaker 4: Y'all know what I forgot. Y'all know what I forgot? Uh, broccoli and cheese casserole.
Speaker 1: That's good blessing. Yeah, that's that's some good menus. Okay.
Speaker 2: So now that we're talking about the I want to get into the first topic.
Speaker 1: What's up, y'all? Is your girl XP and it's Sugarls Ray in a call. And one thing I cannot stand is wasting money. I always sign up for subscription services because I'll be wanting that free trial and then I forget it's there and they end up charging me. Anyway, So we gonna tell y'all about rocket money dot com. Rocket Money is a personal finance app that helps find and cancel your unwanted subscriptions, monitors your spending, and helps lower your bills so you can grow your savings.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's why rocket money is really really good because it will cancel the subscriptions for you. You don't even have to get on the phone with customer service anymore. You can do one tap right from the app.
Speaker 1: Yes, So are you gonna do is go to rocket money dot com backslash poor minds. That's Rocket money dot com backslash poor minds. Save you some money, stop wasting money on things you don't use, cancel your unwanted subscriptions by going to rocket money dot com slash poor minds. That's Rocket money dot com backslash. This show is sponsored by Bitterhelp. What's up, y'all? Is your girl XP and it's shugarls or in the call and y'all know, Oh, we are going to tell y'all about Betterhelp dot com. It is the season of the holidays and giving thanks and one thing we don't do enough is give ourself thanks and giving ourselves grace. Yes, and that's why I love Better Help.
Speaker 4: It's so easy to navigate, literally, you can take your calls on your phone or you could take them at home from your computer. And Better Help is super super super affordable.
Speaker 1: Yes, so all you have to do is go to Betterhelp dot com backslash poor minds. That's better ch lp dot com backslash poor minds, and you're gonna get ten percent off of your first month. It's the holiday season. Give yourself with some therapy, girl period. Let the gratitude flow with better help visit betterhelp dot com backslash poor minds today to get ten percent off of your first month. That's better help chilp dot com slash poor minds. Remember, taking care of yourself is something to be thankful for. Start your journey with better help today.
Speaker 2: Do y'all?
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's holiday season, people having friends given? What are the thet there? Have a holiday party? New Year's parties? Do y'all believe?
Speaker 2: Like, if you're hosting an event and you invite people, is it.
Speaker 1: Okay to like say, hey, just zell cash at me fifty dollars if you're coming so I can provide everything for everybody?
Speaker 2: Paying a fee for friends giving paying a fee for.
Speaker 1: A holiday party? How do y'all feel about that? Who asked you to have it? No, I'm saying I'm asking you, I'm this ain't a situation. I'm not asking you that you in it.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, who asked you to.
Speaker 1: Have the party? Oh? Like, who told you.
Speaker 2: To do this?
Speaker 1: If you can't afford to do it? That's fair? I think you a little broke or I'm gonna be like to see you need some money? Do you need some money? Do you need some money? What's that from? What's that movie? No money?
Speaker 6: Best man?
Speaker 1: Do you need some money for real?
Speaker 4: Because like to throw a party that you want to throw and then you want people to pay you to to the party or send them I just think that's a little tachy.
Speaker 1: Like Now, I do think as an upstanding citizen, you should Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think as an upstanding citizen, yeah, you should not go to somebody house empty handed.
Speaker 1: I was raised that way. I think that if you're gonna go to somebody house, you need to.
Speaker 4: Bring a little bottle. Bring a bottle, you can bring a little painting, you can bring a little cake, a little cake from public something.
Speaker 1: You can bring something.
Speaker 4: But like me as the host putting that in the invitation, like hey, cash at me fifty dollars, But you could have just stopped through the party because we would have been okay, we could have went somewhere else.
Speaker 1: So this is how I feel. I am agreeing with event on this. I think instead of asking people to send money, you who would be better off having a pot luck. But the thing about a pot luck. I don't trust y'all. I do you have a cat in your home? Do you have a cat? Do you have a dog? Do you have a snail? Do you have a man? We know niggas don't wash their hands. Do you wash? Do you wash your hands? No? Thank you? So that's the thing that's the risk with the pot luck, you know what I'm saying. Luckily for me, like if I threw a potluck with like you Jazz Lauren Killer, like, I could trust a potlug, but it would only be like, it's only gonna be about three fox dishes because I.
Speaker 2: Don't have that many friends.
Speaker 1: But usually when people are having a friends giving or a holiday party, it's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: So I think of it like this.
Speaker 1: It could work either way, but I think you should ask people beforehand. How do you feel do you want to like contribute throw something in the pot or would you rather bring a dish or bring something? I think it's good to give people the option, you know, no no option?
Speaker 2: How do you feel tied?
Speaker 1: I'm in the middle, so yeah, me and my friends. I trust my friends though, yeah, they hands be I know I've been to their homes, so we'll do a friends giving Pollock. We do it every year and we just have those sign up sheet. People do their best, Yes, do your bed, but your best then yeah. But again, if you're just throwing this event and then asking people, that does seem a little off putting. I wouldn't do that. But if we decide as a group we're gonna do this, and then it's decided it's gonna be at my house, then yeah, everybody can contribute financial And that's what I think it should be like.
Speaker 4: It should be like you're trying to get you and bach don't be asking me, don't be using me.
Speaker 1: I think I think I kind of like, I don't like it. I agree with Tod. I think it should be like a group conversation what y'all want to do? Do y'all want to do a potluck style?
Speaker 2: Or do y'all want me to do everything? Because I honestly I feel like this.
Speaker 1: If you want people to contribute, let me go to the grocery store. I'll show y'all the total. Let's blest it down like that. Yeah that's fair. That would be the you know what I'm saying, Because the grocery is expensive, but you ain't finna charge me no thirty dollars for no grains and Tarkt negs man. So I think there's just a way to go about it. And I think it depends like why would I pay you thirty dollars when I could just go to DC's. This is it, It's blessing. No, we're talking about that. This is in Houstons or Mickey's in Houston. Ooh, Mickey's is life changing? It is? Or let me tell you about Mickey's.
Speaker 2: They got that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: What did I eat there?
Speaker 1: Would I give you? It was like some rice and gravy with a not the hamburger. Maybe it was a little hamburger steak that she had made. I don't know what it was, some kind of steak. Mickey's gonna change your life if you were in Houston that mac and cheese Micky's be bussy, yeahs be busting.
Speaker 4: I would rather you just ask me for some money, because I'm gonna ask you anyways. If you seen me the Tigs, some be like you need the whole song.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but let me ask all. This is because I know we talked about this a little bit before the War on TikTok right now is do you make a root for your mac and cheese or do you not? And then you use the egg cause they're saying that the old school mac and cheese warriors, they use the egg in it to keep it. It's a binder so it doesn't separate. And that's how the old school. So the older ladies on TikTok, the older women, they're like, you use the egg, and then the new school because you know, Teeni's mac and cheese has been a thing on TikTok for like two years. Right now, I've personally made teenies mac and cheese. It's busting now.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: That's what the root, that's what the root. Now my mom's recipe, y'all. Let me tell you all about my mom's recipe. Every so when my sister started day when my sister was with her first child's father and we suspend Thanksgiving together, and I don't care if any y'all watching right now call me a liar, strike me down right now. Every my mom would bring a pan, and I don't know who on his side of the pan family would bring a pan.
Speaker 2: My mom's pen would be gone.
Speaker 1: I literally have friends and I'm not even friends. I'm wanna be like, damn, you got your mama recipe? And I do have the recipe? I asked my sister the other day when the war was gone. I said, Jazz, do you have Mom's recipe? I was like, because I know she emailed it to me a long time ago.
Speaker 2: She sent me that recipe.
Speaker 1: It had an egg in it, It had an egg in it. It did it did, And I was like, damn because I like I said, I made teenies mac and cheese, and then I had my mom's mac and cheese. Was oh my god, life changing. So do y'all put egg in y'all mac and cheese? Do you do a root? I do it? You do the root?
Speaker 6: But I'm a roote girl.
Speaker 1: The egg, I think egg is the old older woman thing. But my mama older, she don't use an egg. No, we knew a room. Yeah, but my mama used a roof for everything.
Speaker 4: Like my mama is really an old school yeah, cooking everything from scratch mother, yeah, like everything. I mean, you could definitely use an egg in the mac and cheese, but she just didn't use one, like it's the old school rule. But Ma Mama used a roof for everything. She u was a root for mac and cheese. She used a roof for banana pudding. Bit should be using that instant box pudding. I don't know nothing about that. I come from the school of the double boiler.
Speaker 1: Okay, now with a flower, let's go, and the sugar extra in the milk, they're up stirring it for like twenty minutes, you know. But I digree. But yeah, like a room, okay, a room, no egg. I'm not gonna lie. At first, I was all like road. But when my sister sent me that recipe because I knew, I was like, I know, my mama used the room, I said, I know. When she said me, I said, oh my god, Mama use the egg. She was an egg girl.
Speaker 2: And when I tell you, she had the best smack and cheese.
Speaker 1: So I just think it's a it's a preference thing because it's all about the cook though, it's all about your hands. And I don't know, I don't care what y'all say. An older Southern woman can always cook for me.
Speaker 4: And I don't trust nobody who used glory greens.
Speaker 1: That's the ones in the can. Yeah, I cannot believe anybody who used glory, glory greens. I can't don't even because you got your tongue. Don't even want to spray.
Speaker 6: It, can't even.
Speaker 1: I couldn't even get it out. Disgusted, the lord said, I rebuked it because fresh greens. See. Okay, bye bye shay. So let us be line with glory you do.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: Greens because we know we ain't going.
Speaker 1: Greens are actually probably one of the easiest things to cook.
Speaker 4: The hardest thing about greens is cleaning and cleaning them. You gotta clean them for a long time. It takes literally, my mama used to clean greens for.
Speaker 1: Hours and hours and hours getting the bugs out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let me know.
Speaker 1: Do y'all believe in paying a fee for a holiday party? Friends giving? Do you think mashed potatoes belong? Are you asking me to pay a fee to come to a party? You not come? You are not my friend?
Speaker 2: You're not coming.
Speaker 1: We ain't friend. Okay, you ain't my friend.
Speaker 8: In me?
Speaker 1: You do want to have shamal on the co of course, chamar a we waiting on you. She ain't my friend though, that ain't it's not given friendship. Okay, come ahead with topic, all right, what's up y'all? Is your girl lexp Andy Schagarls.
Speaker 3: Are in the cold, Clayton, English, Louis Belt just money bag bo. Listen, if you're trying to book us.
Speaker 1: For your event, hosting, comedy show, whatever you got going on, let's keep it real professional, no flying in my DM.
Speaker 3: Well I'm not gonna say that. That's what they want me to say. You can still slide my deals, but it's gotten to be freaky now. I'm just like, look, let's keep it real professional.
Speaker 1: Just what you're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Hit the email bookies at eighty five song show dot com.
Speaker 3: That's how you make sure everything is handled right with no games.
Speaker 1: I really don't answer no DM.
Speaker 3: That don't start with how much do you like?
Speaker 1: I don't have to contact the email man. Hey, ain't no more. Hear me on the side. I'm professional this year. You gotta talk to my people.
Speaker 3: So one more time for bookings, hit.
Speaker 1: Up books at eighty five shops show dot com. And that way you can get your event handled the right way. Cause, like I said, I'm not gonna hit you. I'm not gonna spat so.
Speaker 3: Look, no funny business.
Speaker 1: No funny business is.
Speaker 3: Just strictly family business around here. Man, we bring the fun of you. Just have your business straight.
Speaker 4: Let's go hop y'all at your Girl xp ed is sugarl and the call.
Speaker 1: Y'all know we have a second on Poor Minds called Item of the Week. But do you have a product or something that you want to promote and you want it featured on Poor Minds. Your opportunity is here period.
Speaker 4: If you have an item or you have a business and you want to get it promoted. We are now having slots available on the Poor Minds episode. So if you would like to get your product featured for Item of the Week, all you need to do is send an email to Item of the Week pm at gmail dot com. That's I T E M O F T H E W E E K PM at gmail dot com. Send us an email and we'll work it out. We gonna figure it out.
Speaker 1: Get your product, get your business sponsored, and yeah, make you some money.
Speaker 2: We love to support a small business man.
Speaker 1: And a black business said that, but I.
Speaker 4: Mean on a scrimma dad, any businesses welcome.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 4: I mean for the second topic, I wanted to talk about being on your phone during the day or just being addicted to your phone in general. MM, I think that we live in an era where so many people are addicted to be in on they phones, Like people cannot not check they phone for.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say an hour, but.
Speaker 4: Honestly, even like fifteen minutes. Most of them can't check their phone for fifteen minutes. You gotta check, you gotta see what's going on. And I think that's the problem. I think it is really causing a divide when it comes to communication, like when it comes to really getting to know people. If you cannot sit at a table and talk to your peers and talk to the people at the table around you for a good thirty minutes without looking on your phone and having to interact with somebody on your phone via text message, via Instagram, Twitter, or whatever, I think that's the problem.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: And I know y'all don't talk about me cause I just had my phone up, but I be using my phone for my time or to see what's time we on. Let me tell you something, I am such a sucker for a deep conversation. I don't care if you're my friend, my lover, my employee, my boss, whoever. I just love a good conversation and nothing drives the COUCHI up, Like, if I'm sitting there, we got oysters on the table, espresso, Martini's flowing. You know what I'm saying, I'm feeling good, and.
Speaker 2: Then you just be like what what, Like it's such a vibe killer. It is such a vibe kill.
Speaker 1: I think that is so like even if we're if nothing, I'm a person to silence isn't awkward to me. So if we're sitting at the table and like maybe we're in between conversations or we're eating, I'm still not gonna pick up my phone.
Speaker 4: But I just think it's awkward to me if we just sitting there looking at each other.
Speaker 1: But it is also somebody I'm talking about, Like if I'm comfortable with you, Like if me and you are at dinner, I'm not gonna feel awkward if me and you are at dinner and we're like not talking because you know me, right, But a first day, oh yeah, first day is a little awkward. But honestly, I might be like, so that's like a comfort thing then, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, because if I don't know you, if our first encounter and now we're having like this awkward silence, we are not talking about another to.
Speaker 1: For teen minutes. I'm go'n just be like, well, let me see what's going I think for me, if I'm on a first date and it's like if it does feel awkward that we're not talking, because obviously that is gonna be awkward for silent it's a first date, I'm just gonna like sit there and I'm gonna make sure you know, like, hey, spark up a conversational. I'm gonna start a coming. What are you gonna say? I'm'd be like I would say something. I'm gonna say something because I feel like, what's a good example. We just sitting there like these So I'm saying, okay, so what you got played? What you got playing for tomorrow? What you got playing for tomorrow? What if I'm like nothing, okay? I mean, well I'm having a good time. Do you like your a two faith ho Adney? It's cool? Mm hmmm. Well I'm gonna get enough drink. You want another drink because I'm gonna get lead. You'm trying to take them pennies off man, check please check please, because what you're trying to take another shot? I'm with you too, But what we about to do after they.
Speaker 5: See hobby you aren't too Harry. Oh my god, I was playing.
Speaker 1: So much stuff to talk about life? So what you so? What you're trying to do? I mean, I don't know. I just feel like, let's go with a night leading boy song. I'm ready? So what you got playing for tomorrow? I don't know what you're trying to do? I mean, I don't know you wanna is this you asked me on a second date already we even finished the first date. I mean we can go on the second day. But I'm just trying to figure out what you trying to do tonight. I mean, I feel like we're having a good dinner. Are you having a good time? Who said it was good? You know? Like you don't like the food? So why you said me here? Now we find to argue batch you see the food? Cool? But who is you calling the bitch? Why are you stud like your eggs? I can't take this. I can't who is calling to be? Who are calling to be? But no, okay, I do feel like it's so many things to talk about and do, so if I grab my phone on the date, it's like a last resort.
Speaker 2: I'm checked out.
Speaker 4: What if you grab your phone? What if you grab your phone? What if you like I'm acting. I've had somebody do that to me before.
Speaker 1: Why are you looking at your phone? You don't want to talk to me, don't be weird. You me have my phone now now I'm fitting killed the vibe because I've had somebody do that to me before. Weird because why would you grab your phone because you ain't talking about ship? Hold adding no, But I, like I said, I never grab my phone on a day because I like having conversation. You're never going to make me feel awkward until it's just like if you're giving me if I'm asking you a question, obviously I'm trying to have a conversation with you. But if you're giving me close ended answers, that makes me feel like you're just not interested or you're not interesting. So I don't know. I think it's very rude to be on a day. I don't care if this is the first day or the five hundredth date. Get off your phone, Let's disconnect, and let's be in this world together. Let's enjoy this moment. And that'd be the problem with folks. Folks are really addicted to their phones, and they don't know it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just talking to one of my friends about this the other day. I just downloaded this app on my phone and I have it to where it like locks me out of all of my social media apps.
Speaker 1: Ooh, so like you don't have to give me that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't say to nine because I ain't paid us.
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't gonna say it, no wayig because you worried.
Speaker 4: But at you could set it to whatever time frame you on the city too, So I said mine from ten at ten thirty at night, it locks me out of all of the social all of my social media apps.
Speaker 1: But I mean, really, you could choose any apps on your phone.
Speaker 4: But I have it to where it locks me out of all of my social media apps from ten thirty at night to nine thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: I need that.
Speaker 4: So normally I just naturally wake up around like seven o'clock every morning anyways. So I like that because by nine thirty I've done my whole morning routine. Yeah, I've done pretty much everything I need to do except for go to the gym, but everything else, like as far as like prayer, meditation, writing in my journal, reading my Bible.
Speaker 1: Stretching all of that stuff.
Speaker 4: Washing that ass, Well, I'm not gonna wash my ass before I go to the gym.
Speaker 1: Some people do.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to wash it again in the morning, like when first thing you wake up, you didn't take a bathdat night.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people don't.
Speaker 4: That ain't my problem, that's not my testimony, period, but speak on it. Yeah, So I have it to wear from ten thirty at night to nine thirty in the morning. And then I love that because I suffer from insomnia.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, me too.
Speaker 4: I suffer from insomnia. So I feel like it's been helping me with my insomnia. Because one of the main things that I would do when I would wake up at like one in the morning, two in the morning, is I would get on social media. There it'd be Instagram, Twitter, whatever, and then I'll be on there for like an hour. I doom two hours mindless scrolling, doom scrolling, and then before you know it, now it's four am and I've been up two hours, and then I'll go back to sleep, waking up at seven, so I'm not getting a good amount of sleep. Now I'll still wake up, don't get me wrong, Like I still be waking up at like one, two. But then I wake up and I can't do shit, so I'll just go back to sleep because it literally won't let you even click on you like it'll have like a little screen that come up there be like, ha ha, you're block.
Speaker 1: Yeah I need that. I need that because I'm a doom and you can't do anything. Tell me is so bad. It's so bad. Like and then it's to the point to where I convince myself. I'm like, girl, you've grown. You don't gotta go to sleep because you can wake up whenever you want. I'll be trying to convince myself that it's okay that I'm up, and then I'm like, the next morning, I wake up and I'm tired.
Speaker 2: I'm slugging. I need that because the one thing about it, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: A dude, you do. I pay for it, though, but I got a little twenty dollars I paid, y'all. I got got the other day. And we're gonna move on. I have to tell this story. What is this app called? So I was scrolling TikTok the other day. This was actually yesterday that this happened. I was scrolling TikTok. There's this app called real short and the reason I can say the app because you're gonna be mad once you downloaded. So it's like short stories. It's like short stories, right.
Speaker 2: So it was like this short story of.
Speaker 1: This woman who had lost her child at birth and they ended up heard another woman ended up switching children at birth, and one was really rich and one was really poor. What's that Mickey mouth story? The Prince of the Pauper. That's what it was given. And I'm like watching it. I was like, oh my god, Like I'm watching it for like ten minutes on TikTok, and then it was like, oh, to finish the story, download this app.
Speaker 2: So I said, I need to know what happened, period.
Speaker 1: So I downloaded the app and it was like, oh, it's the finishing. You gotta watch all these ads, watch all these asked and it was like, okay, if you want to watch it, just pay a little ten dollars And I paid the ten dollars. Now I finished the story, right, and I was like, Okay, that was a cute little Lifetime little movie one two. But then I'm like scrolling through the rest of the app and like all the rest of the movies was trash and I was so mad, but I get the app free for a week long story short stop dum scrolling cause I paid ten dollars finish some bullshit. Yeah, I don't know. I really like that app.
Speaker 4: It like keeps me on track with like my morning goals, going to sleep at a decent time, getting my eight hours to sleep, and then you can even set it to whats like to other times throughout your day, so like if you want to take like even a break throughout the day, like say you want to do like three hours from.
Speaker 1: Like two to five, then you could see it for that time I need to lock you out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm definitely download that.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: I need because I think that this generation we're two way too upset to being on social media.
Speaker 1: I'll be looking back at myself from when I was.
Speaker 4: Like twenty two, twenty three, even like twenty six twenty seven, I was not on my phone as much as I am now.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy. I think I'm on my phone a lot now, but I think I used to be on my phone more in my twenties because I think I'm worse now. But I used to be at the club recording my entire night but you wasn't on social media. Yes I was. I was posting on What's it since not chack. I used to post. You would know everywhere I was at, everything I was doing. I'm at the nail shop, I'm going to eat lunch, I'm at the club.
Speaker 2: I used to post my every single move.
Speaker 1: I used to be I'm in the club. Fuck, I got people with me in real time. Literally, we have so many videos of us.
Speaker 2: That's my dog. We had the dog filter on.
Speaker 6: That's my dog, and then a little we thought we ate.
Speaker 2: We was like, that's my job.
Speaker 4: We used to be posting it in real time, so lame. We can't post it in real time now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never posted nothing, but.
Speaker 4: It was a but you know what's crazy though? That was like the fun era of social media. Yeah, like that's the That's the part of social media that I wish we could get back to because it's like even ought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we was supposting real time and our stories was looking.
Speaker 6: Like tic texts.
Speaker 1: We was really having a good time.
Speaker 4: Worry about nobody pulling, and we didn't give a fuck about what we was posting. That's why we was posting everything. You was posting your plate, you was posting your nigga. Yeah, we would never post now, Oh my god, I used to.
Speaker 1: On my social Oh my god. You know Facebook does memories, y'all. You can literally go to my Facebook right now. My ex boyfriend pictures all of them all up and down my all up and down my feet, all up and down my feet.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying it was fun back then. You remember that night me and killing went to live in forty five when she came to my house, that little baby song was had just came.
Speaker 1: Out, which l yeah, I do remember that night.
Speaker 4: Like, we just used to have so much fun in the moment and we wouldn't think about anything like now, there's so much overthinking when it comes to social media, and I just think we're all like people are trying so hard to be perfect.
Speaker 1: That was the difference between now and then. But I also that's why I love But I think that's why I love this platform too, because we can like talk about our faults and our mistakes and stuff. And I feel like we have created a safe space here.
Speaker 8: Because it's not a lot of safe spaces.
Speaker 1: Online, but I feel like we've done a good job of doing that. In the poor Mind's universe. Okay, now we're gonna move on. So let us know how y'all feel about being on your phone in a day. What's up y'all? That your girl x pee and it's Sugarl draining the call.
Speaker 2: And we have a.
Speaker 1: Very exciting announcement today.
Speaker 2: We have a brand new show dropping.
Speaker 1: Yes, we have a brand new show dropping y'all on Patreon.
Speaker 4: It's gonna air on September second, and it's called Poor Chronicles.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be doing so much stuff on there. We're gonna be doing challenges. If you can't go to Billa Dache, where the hell could you go? If you can't go to Blanche, what the hell we're gonna be doing? Talk to me, chit chat with me. It's gonna be feeling at a little tea. Oh my girl, Now you didn't.
Speaker 4: God everything y'all been wanting to see, we're gonna be doing it right here on Patreon.
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all ask us for so much. Well, we've been to give it to y'all every single Monday, and it's gonna be a time. Y'all know, Poor Minds has grown into its own little entity. Well, we're gonna have a lot of fun still over here at Poor.
Speaker 2: Chronicles, So make sure y'all tune in September.
Speaker 1: Second. It's going down period, and now it's time to get into the bed bowl. A bowl about a bow bow. Okay, so this is a topic I know we have talked about before, but we're gonna come at it from a little different angle. Mmm mm hmmm, sweet sweet nick.
Speaker 4: Though I thought I was gonna say, sweet sweet victory, that is a sweet victory.
Speaker 1: What happened? So let me tell you what happened. I know, my pillow busted. I have a down pillow, and y'all, this pillow was so expensive. It's a down and it had the real like goose feathers and it busted. So there's like feathers all everywhere, and I like vacuum them up and I still keep finding feathers. I have remnants of feathers all in my hair. So yeah, be careful with these down pillows. Comfy pillow though, I mean I'm not getting another one. Anyways. I wanted to talk about body counts and double standards because you.
Speaker 2: Know, it's okay, what you laughing at.
Speaker 1: When they laughed, it was that's a black king, right now, that's a queen. Well, you know, Kanya said king. Kya said king. I wasn't calling you a king. I wasn't calling you a king. I was thinking of the mean I love when people switch starts. Oh my god, I wasn't calling you a king.
Speaker 6: She did say that's a black king like I.
Speaker 2: Was quoting Kanya.
Speaker 1: I wasn't talking about event.
Speaker 8: So oh, come on, locuse.
Speaker 1: Shepherd's pie is crazy. Anyways, pipe down, see she back home, come back home, come back home. Me and one think about me in tie. Shepherd's pie is taste crazy.
Speaker 4: A shepherd's Any type of pie with mashed potatoes is the christ It's crazy.
Speaker 6: Taste the thing peas and beans and carrots.
Speaker 2: You she didn't have peas in hers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't either. She didn't put peas in hers. You like pan No, I do not like green peas. I've seen you eat peas.
Speaker 2: Why do you lie so bad?
Speaker 1: This is crazy? How she lies more than me? Now? I have seen and I wouldn't put on something. I wouldn't lie more than you. Put that level.
Speaker 2: Put that on something.
Speaker 1: You saw me eat some peas before, right hand to God, right now, put it on it. Put on that. Why is your top pea colored. You ain't never seen no peenus color.
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 1: One. You ate? You're a liar? What you because I believe you lying. I hate peas. I don't care how buttery is salty whatever you put on it. So I ain't never seen God, I've never seen you eat of mamie. Okay, you see me eat at a ma mad. I'm talking about some peas. I'm talking about peas. She's so cap bro, she's so full of ship. Show me and you full of peas. I'm full of beans, bitch, get it right, gang gang, exact bean family. So you don't so you don't eat hommies, bitch.
Speaker 2: I love hommy full of peas.
Speaker 1: Chick peas not a green pea A pea, It's not a green pea.
Speaker 2: Green peas are horrible.
Speaker 1: Sure you don't like sweet, So you don't like sweet? No, I don't. I never don't know you haven't. Oh I'm finna get mad. If I'm lying, then why are you mad?
Speaker 4: Because I don't eat peas night, because I've seen.
Speaker 1: Leave me alone. I'm gonna wrap this up. Okay, thank you for tuning in. Okay, let's get back to the topee okay, okay, So body counts and double standards. So you know, if a man has uh fifty bodies, oh hear that, nigga, he a pimp, he'll player. And if a woman has fifty bodies, they're like, oh, she's a whore. And people like to use the key theory. If you don't know what the key theory is, it's basically that you know, when you have the master key, you can open a lot of doors and you you you run shit and this and that. But when you have the lock, you know it's only supposed to open to one key and things can't be used and things like that. So how do you feel about body counts and the double standards when it comes to women and men?
Speaker 4: I think that's some fucking bullshit. I think if you fuck a bunch of people, period, your whore.
Speaker 1: Come on now, don't matter men or women? Big on that.
Speaker 2: I think that people when you're easy.
Speaker 4: But I don't even want to say whoror like. I just feel like you like pussy or.
Speaker 1: You like me.
Speaker 4: Don't like people because I don't want to call them war. I take them back because even though they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Their body shaming or they're sick shaming.
Speaker 4: I'm not sex shaming. I just think like, if you like to have sex with a lot of people in general rule, then I think it should be equal judgment on both sides.
Speaker 1: Okay, come on now, exactly exactly, you're not worth.
Speaker 4: Judging both equally, like you should be judging men and judging women equally.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be oh, because you're a woman. Dude.
Speaker 4: I had a conversation with a man and he was just like, yeah, but that's because a man is entering a woman. A man, you can still and sometimes they do, and men do getting getting answered a lot.
Speaker 1: They got bussy and it and they be saying to be wet, it do get weg the camera, it do get a little wet.
Speaker 8: I can't confirm that's what I'm saying, so I just think that, but I'm a woman, maybe my bussy just get wigged.
Speaker 1: Ever a one when maybe everything get wet. No, I think, first of all, I do think bussies get wet. Bussies get wet. But I just also want to say that if you enjoy sex, enjoy sex. And I agree with Dreya. If you're gonna judge somebody, you need to judge everybody your mama, and I also feel like I just like people.
Speaker 6: Start bussy probably get wet.
Speaker 2: Too, exactly because your mama bussy ain't.
Speaker 8: Your daddy bussy was wet, and your daddy was probably daddy bussy headed.
Speaker 1: Because he was probably low key, down low What they have to do with how they got here? Though, All I'm saying is stop judging people, because you need to go off of what y'all go.
Speaker 6: When you don't make this, you gonna go back.
Speaker 1: Daddy's bussies be wet. What does that have to do with the child getting here? Because because that bussy got wet, he was like, oh, let me straighten my life up and be a good man to this woman and stop getting my bussy blown out. So then why don't they be there still? What? They still be dead? Be daddy's dead. It is not dead bussy. A bussy is crazy? Who thought of that name? A bussy? Yes, because it is one I think about that word. It's crazy, but it's true.
Speaker 6: It's a buf se.
Speaker 1: What N. L. E. Chopper said, hmmm, smell.
Speaker 4: Like not he did say, boy, But but it is booty.
Speaker 1: Deck and pussy.
Speaker 4: Oh, but is booty and Pussy's.
Speaker 1: Thought you knew that they would saying that back in elementary school. I'm not sexually advanced. That's a lie. However, they've been saying badosi for a long puce okay, because it's booty, dick and pussy, So that means y'all was doing all of that.
Speaker 6: A collaboration, a compilation.
Speaker 1: Do you watch porn compilations?
Speaker 4: I love a compilation, porn compilations. I love any type of complax.
Speaker 2: I hate porn compilation.
Speaker 4: I love a compilation because I like you know why I like compilations, why, Drea, Because it gets straight to the point. Think about it. When you think about a compilation, it's all the best.
Speaker 1: Parts of each porn. It's straight.
Speaker 4: We're talking about a man who has a black coochie matter, it's had on. But seriously, think about it. A compilation is the best parts of the point.
Speaker 1: That's why I like a compilation. Get to the meaty, get to the meedy, me get to the meeting is crazy, okay, fair enough, fair enough, but we get to the I cannot believe we are the new generation and yeah this is childish, no, but so you don't.
Speaker 3: Like But.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've been in a situation where but ah, but I don't.
Speaker 6: Why are you making it?
Speaker 1: No wise, I don't know, Like it's just it seems like a lot I feel. I know I have been, but I'm just like, I don't even know how to describe. It's what you know, but just seemed like when you explained it to me, like I get it. So I'm like, it's hootie, but seeing dick, it just seems like so much. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I think it's an authentic I don't know if I'm gonna say afterwards.
Speaker 1: I thought I might be like, see, that's what I'm saying, Like I like, I like this, I like sex and the smells and the tape smell like, but no, oh, I stuck my finger in my nose and a booger fell on my lips, right, and did I did this?
Speaker 7: You ate it?
Speaker 1: And then you didn't see me. You didn't see me all over here like you what it tastes like? See it looks saucy. Gotta decrease my sodium intake. We come on, we gotta figure out.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Okay, So let us know how y'all feel about body.
Speaker 1: Left. You never said how you feel I did say how I feel I said, I agreed with you. I think that if you're gonna be judging, you need to be judging across both tables, because anybody who is weak at the flesh is just It needs to be the same across the table.
Speaker 8: I think if a woman has had sex with fifty men and a guy, they are in the same.
Speaker 1: Category, and that's whatever category you put them in, just like if a man has had sex with one woman and a woman has had sex with one man, or whoever, a woman with a woman, god with the guy. If it's one person, it needs to be judged the same period. Now it's time to get into the viou oh bow the bow, Bow Bow Bow bow to. So my bop of the week I found a new artist. I don't know how new he is or not, but I've recently discovered this song. It's called Drive Me Crazy by Miles Lloyd. I really like the tone of his voice. One thing about me I really like when I listen to music, the first thing I hear.
Speaker 2: Is the actual track, like the beat.
Speaker 1: But then I also listen to the tone of your voice, and I actually am more concerned with the tone of a person's voice like before the lyrics, because that's why you realize a lot of people get away with a lot of bullshit just because either the track is hot, or the melody is hot, or their tone is hot. Cisco Thong song, he said. He repeated the same thing for three four minutes, and we was feeling and we was feeling it why because the track was hot and the melody was hot. We didn't even realize he kept repeating the same shit over and over again. So one thing I like about Miles Lloyd, I love the tone of his voice. So my bop of the week is drive Me Crazy, Miles Lloyd. It's about period, Okay.
Speaker 4: I lately I have just been in my bag of like listening to old school music too, because I feel like we definitely show a lot of love to like new school stuff show and I feel like you are like who people can like credit for that because I feel like your ears always to the street, you low key a little A and R a little bit.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm not gonna lie to you for real though, if like whatever popping labels out right now, if they hired me, they can't lose every to the streets.
Speaker 4: When it comes to music, and I feel like I definitely be like having my ears to the streets a little bit when it be like when it comes to music, but I feel like you listen to like more of like the artists that people be slipped on, yeah, like any arts and stuff like I kind of be more I'm gonna know, like the new shit that's coming out when it comes to like the artists that kind of everybody know about. I wish labels would go back to developing artists because it do be a lot of artists that are great, but they're not necessarily like ready, but they could be developed into a star. Like they don't develop artists anymore, and I hate that. I feel like that's why we're missing out on a lot of good shit.
Speaker 1: Like they developed Whitney Houston, like as great as she was, she was ready, but like Clive, they had a team on her.
Speaker 2: They had a fucking that they had a team on Mariah Carey.
Speaker 4: But do you feel like but do you feel like it was because back then it wasn't as many superstars, Like it was harder to find superstars. It's not to say that it wasn't a lot of Maria. I'm sure if we scoured the world. It was a lot of Mariah Carey's and Whitneys back in the day that were like.
Speaker 1: They could seen, they could sing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people that could.
Speaker 4: Have been as big as Riah and as big as Whitney that just were never discovered because we didn't have the technology and the ability to be able to find people the way that we're now, like the ability for people to be able to be seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think back then it was a lot of.
Speaker 4: Talented people just as talented as them, but like it was just harder to find them. I agree, But now it's way easier to find people. So do you feel like because it's so many people and like the industry is so oversaturated that like it's hard to kind of create these superstars and build them out because if you think.
Speaker 1: About it, all of these.
Speaker 4: Labels are doing the same thing with all of the artists, but it's everybody competing with each other versus it being like one superstar that's coming out and then you're putting all of your energy into this one person, Like RCA has this one person. But love Face, well I don't even love face, not around them, but in the day, but back in the day, RCA has this one person, but face don't really have a person, right, versus like le Face RCA Capital Botown everybody having a person now and we're all putting the same machine behind all of these people, and so nobody is really kind of taking off more than the person, if that makes it.
Speaker 2: So, I do agree with you with that.
Speaker 1: I feel like now everybody like they want to make a TikTok song. Everybody wants that people put more value in value in singles than they do actual projects. So I think that's what hurt the industry. But like I said, I think now due to inflation, companies losing a lot of money because back then, if you had okay perfect example, Rock Nation, they had Rihanna and they had Tierra Marie. Well, no that was Rockell Rockefeller. I'm sorry, it's rock Nation now, right, So they had Rihanna Tierra Marie, right, yeah, Tierra Marie came out swinging. Tierra Marie was bigger than Rihanna when they first dropped. She was she had no daddy around when she was growing up, proud and know how to make a craffee. So with that being said, this is when a lot of stuff changed. Let me tell you and I if y'all send him this clip, he probably gonna be like, Yeah, this person is single handedly changed the music industry. And either people gonna say it's for the best or it's for the worst. Soldier Boy. Soldier Boy changed the game because he was like, I'm not developed, I'm just sitting in my bedroom. I'm making these hits and I'm ready to go. So once he got on with Colla Park and all that stuff, they didn't have to invest too too much because he was ready to go because he was a superstar on his own.
Speaker 2: And that was the first kind of that that we saw.
Speaker 1: So now they were like, okay, if Sojio Boy came ready made and we had to invest maybe a million dollars versus ten million dollars investment on somebody who has to be ready and I mean somebody that we have to package up and get.
Speaker 2: Ready to go. So I think Sodier Boys what changed it.
Speaker 1: Also, like I said, the tier Marie and Rihanna situation, Tierre Marie came out swinging, she was dropping his and Rihanna came out like Rihanna came out in hot luke warm. The first album was good, but that second album when they changed her into that pop that pop girl.
Speaker 2: That's when it's umbrella.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and once she's fun, that's fun to replay.
Speaker 1: Replay was a hit, but it didn't do it and the other song and that was her first single, No, that was her second thing. I'm sorry, but what I'm saying was first. But I'm saying all that to say is because in the beginning, I mean, they put all their cards in Tierra Marie and it didn't end up working, and they had they were like, uh, we're gonna do this with Rihanna and we gonna see and then Rihanna ended up turning up on the ass and they was like, you know what, we need to stop spending money on these girls and see what they gonna do and see and men and everybody, let's stop spending money and let's see what they can do. Let's see how bad you want it. So now it's up to the artist. You gotta really spend it on yourself. And you know, and I think as good as that is, because the cream rises to the top, but we're also missing a lot of people who maybe don't have the resources, that are good as fuck, that are superstars. Even with summer Walker Summer quite as it's kept, summer Walker was developed by a girl named Summer Walker who is from Beaumont, Texas, that discovered her. People don't know that, y'all. Y'all, y'all DJ Drama's first wife. She's very intelligent and ti I mean, she's very She used to be a video okay, and she was somebody who's artsy and this, and she discovered Summer Walker. I don't know that true story, but she saw something in her and she developed her, and she took that time with her. And I don't want to say that she's the reason that she made it, but I'm saying, like some people have to be developed. Some people aren't ready made to go. So I think the labels are messing up by not really taking their time and trying to find superstars or trying to hurry up and get the bag and get the dollar, when in the long run it's better, Like look at how when Usher and Justin Bieber and the long run of things. I think we need to start getting back to the long run of things. Stop rushing people for albums. Stop dropping four albums in a year, y'all dropping too much music. I'm sorry four albums, Well they're dropping. Let me tell you something. Beyonce is doing these acts, but she's Beyonce. I don't want to hear I want to do I want to see two albums from beyond a year. Yeah, I can handle that. But Beyonce has developed these two albums for years. She's been working on Act two for years, working on Act one for years. We just didn't know about it. But she also ain't doing that.
Speaker 4: Like Beyonce dropped even with the acts. Beyonce dropped The Renaissiance July June of twenty twenty two. Whenever there was maybe August of.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: She didn't drop Cowboy Carter until March of this year, right, So it's been like a year and a half between albums. So I don't think, I don't well, like I said, even a year and a half between albums, that's a good amount of time.
Speaker 1: But you have to realize back in the day they was dropping the album, they was touring two three years off of one album they were then they get off tour, they disappeared for a while, and do it again. These people are dropping two three albums in the two three years.
Speaker 4: I be so take your time with the music. I be so jealous when I think about, like our grandparents and parents, when songs used to drop and albums used to drop, and I used to hear that she for the first time, and I used to be dancing to when it was no social media.
Speaker 1: And to tell you this ship, I was listening a whipped last night, Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, can you imagine when that song first dropped, how they was cutting up in the whip it?
Speaker 1: And you know what I was listening to this morning.
Speaker 4: You know what I was listening to Tie Imagine how they was cutting up in the globe when they dropped the first time on the on that pure cocaine.
Speaker 2: You know what this morning?
Speaker 1: And I was getting ready because I was feeling kind of down. I played this ship this morning because I was feeling kind of down. I wanted to feel myself. You know what, I put on Darro through she goad. I said, you know the bad buses was outside just since Fine and Stom because you used to have to wait. You know how bad we used to run off that bus to get on Watch one O six in part because we had to see who was number. When you knew the premiere. I remember when No Scrubs dropped, bro, I remember when that video.
Speaker 4: Dropped, So imagine how it was with No Nothing Soul Train and they used to be doing the fleet.
Speaker 1: Y'all, we have messed up the music industry. It's so sad. It is. It's really sad because the kids these days, y'all don't know how it feels to anticipate a video dropping. We couldn't pull up our phone and watch a video. We had to wait until it came on trl Damn what I ran off the bus. I said, TLC's video is premiering tomorrow, and they used to talk about it the whole week. TLC premiere Friday. TLC I said, oh my god, I gotta get home. If you can't see spand my horizon, some slums never Rizon, I said, left that at so let me give you something to think about. She ain't. Don't do that. A moment in time, especially spanned my horizon. Then I leave your glass of scrubs or horizon. The kids don't know droll.
Speaker 4: I know, but that's what I was saying. So I can imagine because I was exciting to when.
Speaker 1: I see it. I wish I could tell you up. And when they took out that Breaston plant, I said, oh, how could she not use for me? Pretty did not hit me hard enough?
Speaker 4: No, need me hard enough because I was like, okay, man's.
Speaker 1: It was a time.
Speaker 4: But like I said, going back to even because I feel like our grandparents here harder. Like, yeah, we definitely was like watching One on sixty part TR But I feel like in the.
Speaker 1: Eighties the seventies they was really couldning. Uh you know what they do? They need to bring Soul Train back though. We need to make artists premire things. We need to force it. We need a Soul Train or a t R and make us the whole take all this ship off of online. And we need to force people to congregate again. We need to force this on people. We need to start doing shows in time. We're gonna bring Tide. She's gonna be our bars and she's and everybody sleep what except for me? I might knock it up my Yeah. We need to force we need to force people to start premiering music together in this YouTube premiers. No, I'm not talking about that. We need to make people gather around and gather around the TV and make it a thing. You can't do it from your phone.
Speaker 4: It needs to something needs to happen. Everybody need to be being from their phone.
Speaker 1: COVID makes shit worse comb because.
Speaker 4: Prior to COVID, we was like one social media. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: We was on there, but not like it is, but not like this.
Speaker 4: It was like when COVID hit, niggas couldn't go nowhere, and that's when TikTok really like took off.
Speaker 1: I told you this, we said this past people were making flyers. I'm going live Tonight's seven, use nigga, don't nobody give a damn and Verses that's when Versus took off. That's when Versus took off. But Versus was cool because that's what really brought us together, like we was all doing it together. I like stuff like that. But we need to figure out how can we get everybody together to start listening to music and putting these.
Speaker 2: Pressure on artists to make good music.
Speaker 1: It's so it's like this many people making music and this many people making good music. You know who does a fucking good job at good music? Billy Billie Eilish. I'm talking about the new new school. I'm talking about the new school. Billie Eilish is fucking good. I can't take that from her. I don't care if she dresses like Snoop Dogg in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 6: Nope, okay, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: She does. Yeah, uh huh, yeah she.
Speaker 9: Shot out.
Speaker 1: You gotta like that's to be a soul soldier girl.
Speaker 2: So okay, go ahead, go ahead, man.
Speaker 4: We've been trying to get to my box for that. Literally, I want to shine a spotlight on Jeezy.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 6: I love young Jeezy.
Speaker 4: Like who do you listen to whenever you want to get in your bag, whenever you need to feel like I'm the beach for me?
Speaker 1: Is Jeezy.
Speaker 2: I'm off I'm a dof girl.
Speaker 4: I'm a jeezy girl, like whenever I need to remember who the fuck I am and then I need to boss up and get on my sheet and stop letting life get me down.
Speaker 1: I got a hold Jeezy, play least. Oh you gotta release that for the people. We need that. I do so go to the streets. So I be listening to go Crazy. Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 4: I know, go Crazy, I believe need to put on I lose my mind. Oh your bab me okay, I love it seeing it all okay with jay Z.
Speaker 1: Let me see hold on, let me go down. You gotta make this a playlist and give it to the people.
Speaker 10: I do, I do, And then with Indeed with her, I do A do a zoo a zoo a zoo a zoo.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Jeszu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gz has a leg of a catalog. I like when people rap and they articulate their words so well. He's one of those rappers like jay Z does that and Jez does that. They're like two people that like when they rap, it's so clear what they're saying. You never go and who jay Z?
Speaker 2: Like When jay Z.
Speaker 1: Raps, he articulates every word so clearly, it's like you cannot you know. Sometimes somebody will rap something like what they said? Did they say this today? You never have to do that with Jeez or with jay Z.
Speaker 4: Not dreaming with him and he shako that ain't really a motivational song, but.
Speaker 1: That's just the heat it's and so is he that pussy up? Mm hmm your bedroom play lead. I go licks m so humbert hum and sing I'm gonna tell that poor.
Speaker 6: So off every time you try to check les black Card.
Speaker 1: She feels, I mean, I got the melody that's closer now? Is that the one with trace song? Mm hmm, it's falling the moment that's that's a different one. Card, that's a different one. We know. I'm gonna tell that poor sol Off. Oh you know what song I used to love? That was?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 6: That was with Lloyd?
Speaker 1: Why are you saying that? Like ply? Y'all know what song I used to love though, speaking of tree songs, and we're not gonna get into it.
Speaker 2: He had this song with bun Bee.
Speaker 1: If you need love, I love it.
Speaker 11: If you need I'm thinking if you need a hustler, whatever you need, girl, I'm gonna holds be shout out.
Speaker 1: To bun Beata. I'm make he love that bun Beata. I'm gonna make a scream, yes, he said, But let me see he said, bun be Okay, let me read the lyrics. Y'all know how he said, Here you go, bun beat the I'm a see he said, he said, one beat the Yeah, that's what I said.
Speaker 4: You said, but beat like b e A t e A b e t e e A e e A t e.
Speaker 1: A e A. I didn't say it like that, I said, bun be the ama. That's what he said, bun be the Alma. I don't want to be I don't want to leave.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be b Why did he do that like that? He thought?
Speaker 1: He ate he did?
Speaker 2: Let me do it again?
Speaker 1: He did, though, what I don't like that. Let me now that we ten years later. I like, how you gonna fill ten years from now when they be pulling up.
Speaker 6: Ship, you said, he did.
Speaker 1: So when you've seen that ten years ago, you weren't like horrible and I'll be back to hold you down. And I don't want to leave me leave me? You did not, he said. He did, though, that's crazy. You're useless.
Speaker 2: How to cut that cane?
Speaker 1: What I how to cut that cane? Okay?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What was that song? He said? So many people who never coming on that show? What was the first Trace song? Just gotta make it? Oh? He was always in pain. He was. Oh, beat his ass, Oh he was, He's one.
Speaker 2: That was his favorite dance move.
Speaker 6: What it's the top of the world.
Speaker 1: Me and my girl, We just gotta make you.
Speaker 2: Cut that cane.
Speaker 1: That he said, cut that cane? But what what's that hoo? Are you used to sound how destroy that.
Speaker 2: I used to tell Daddy how I cut that cane.
Speaker 1: Dry? I can't wait to see you. I'm whooping your ass, my mom, It's on site, hold avenue.
Speaker 4: No Trey song used to go hard because yeah, that song can't help. But wait, that was my song girl for the w.
Speaker 1: Yes. But Lex, that was you look for what you really? Maybe? Girl? You are restored? No, I can't help. I hate him bad. Why oh?
Speaker 2: I hate him so bad?
Speaker 1: So you ain't used to like?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I told you all this. This is before the Alex. We talk about this nigga every three month. You see me in the videos they why doing make your body go crazy? Oh? Catch me and Maxine?
Speaker 4: Baby, I hate you with me and my part never you ain't never like that.
Speaker 8: Let me be honest, y'all know I'm like a fake walk queen.
Speaker 1: But this was before everything came out about him. I promise I'm very much fake WoT. But before all this stuff happened, I've been a Trey Songs hater since diapers never liked him ever.
Speaker 2: I hate his boy.
Speaker 1: He was so good, he was so good, my super No, I'm not are you well? Then? Why you not? Not? You know all the lyrics are you? She is not? You do your thing. You can't be in a car like.
Speaker 4: It's somebody who was fitty wi biggest than you before.
Speaker 1: Again, Maddy, first of all, we're not gonna do that if you're gonna compare to those thirty y'all didn't know what time seven thirty. Y'all did not know what military time was before face.
Speaker 4: I hate somebody who fucking tell military time it's five oh.
Speaker 1: Two or it's seventeen thirty eight. That's about Remy, not about the time.
Speaker 12: Though exactly exactly exactly, need to correct me.
Speaker 1: Cut up.
Speaker 4: He was talking about cut on my row.
Speaker 8: Seventeen to mix because we didn't ask what it mat I stay head, what's up?
Speaker 1: And low? You thought he was saying the military song.
Speaker 8: God damn it, Remy ball.
Speaker 1: Seventeen.
Speaker 2: He used to be singing and.
Speaker 4: Sold in Trey songs. So what's the book?
Speaker 1: It sing better Trida for Trey songs? Vocally, y'all think Trey song sings better than Fatty Wap. No way, y'all are kidding me right, I'm not talking about music. Now, we know Trey songs makes better music. Y'all talking about vocally. Y'all think Trey song sings better than Fatty Wop?
Speaker 2: Yes, me neither.
Speaker 1: Fatty Wop sounded like Whitney Houston. Oh the t came out, blocking out Hopby blocking out, you are crazy. Trey songs used to be having me in the car Patty walk sing. Y'all. Remember when Fatty Wap.
Speaker 2: All I gotta do was he dropped that Drake remix and I.
Speaker 1: Was singing Drake Park. All I gotta do is put my mind to you. Never said cancel line my ex. I put a lot. You never sung the hook? Maybe want you to come out?
Speaker 2: Got something ain't want Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Yes you did. I was in the club with your bitch. You were singing the hook and I was only singing it because of Drake, But you was before the remix drop. Shout out to DJ Erie because we heard it first world premiere. Shout out to.
Speaker 4: DJ seven one three. I don't even think that's on Instagram number. I think it's this Area twenty nine out.
Speaker 2: Yeah we would, and then we heard that remix first, and then we.
Speaker 1: Thought we were so cool, oh cool, because we had found out and shout out to Big Throw r p RW.
Speaker 8: But we were the first ones that found out too that Drake and Future were about to drop that album.
Speaker 1: Remember what a Time to be Alive? We was like ooh. We was like, oh yeah, I went home and saw my mama. I was like, Draking Future about to drop a new I remember I tweeted something said who I tweeted something? I was listen. This is how I don't even know who Dragon Future was. This is how lame I was.
Speaker 2: I tweeted.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, Drake got something coming and y'all gonna love it. I thought I.
Speaker 6: Hate that.
Speaker 1: I said, listen to this ship. When I get in a card, I said, yeah, Dray finna drop something.
Speaker 2: Y'all gonna Yeah, y'all gonna fuck with to be.
Speaker 1: Alive with the album A time? Okay, come on, we gotta move on. Okay, let's move on for thirty minutes. Lord have mercy.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is fucking this is goddamn ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Remember that song this is I thought that was something that Ludacris said. That's not like because it's a goddamn dickulous. Hey, I mission this is on my necklace and I'm Ludlechris. We know what he didn't let us. Forget that man named Knew the Chris in a bathroom in the back of the classroom. However you want it.
Speaker 2: That's enough, bro, it was him.
Speaker 1: Enough.
Speaker 4: No, I'm talking about the song ridiculous. Oh hey did shitty fucking ridiculous?
Speaker 2: I don't remember that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, sorry, sorry, sorry the drink. Okay, come on, we gotta move on. So if y'all want your item featured on the show, make sure you email us. Is it item of the week? I don't know what it is. We'll put it on thing. So we're gonna move on to pour your heart out. If you want your question to answer on the show, and make sure you email us at Askpoorminds at gmail dot com. If you're a Patreon member, make sure you put that in the headline because you can skip the line.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna get into the questions today.
Speaker 1: Where are yours at? Oh my god? Oh I just have one. It was it was attached to the other one. I'll just read one.
Speaker 2: We over time.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Why are you swinging at bussy at me? She's swinging at bussy at me? Well, okay, hi, ladies, First and foremost, I love you guys.
Speaker 2: And I hope that your sets continues.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this past eight months, I've been talking to two guys from two different states. One is about eight years younger than me. However, he's extremely caring, emotionally stable, and attentive.
Speaker 2: The only issues with him.
Speaker 1: For me are his age, career goals, and the few times we've linked. He's never planned anything. We've never discussed relationships, but he's extremely possessive over me and it shows. He's also very emotional. He's a cancer. The other is a year older than me. He has a great job. I've met him once. The industry he works in demands him to travel a lot, and we've planned a date for the near future. The communication is weak with this connection due to his job, which I completely get because I understand the industry he works in. Would you choose one over the other or just continue to go with the flow? I just don't want to lead them on. If the younger one got his shit together, I could definitely see us together. However, the older one has his shit together, but he's extremely dedicated to his jobs at time help. It sounds like neither one of these guys are your person, So just have fun. And go with the flow until something bitter comes along.
Speaker 4: Why y'all do they do what? I'm just trying to figure out, Like, why do people do that? Why do they be like, oh.
Speaker 2: I need to stop talking to one?
Speaker 4: Should I pick these or don't date either one of them?
Speaker 1: Niggas Lena get.
Speaker 6: A whole new ross club.
Speaker 1: I mean whatever, just go with the flow and have fun. You can keep them both until you find something else. These neither one of these men sound like you're why you gotta pee?
Speaker 8: Don't pick as long as you ain't pregnant.
Speaker 4: This is why people I feel like, as long as you ain't pregnant, that's always my philosophy.
Speaker 1: You ain't pregnant. But you know what I've noticed, do what you want. Women always feel like, oh, I don't want to talk to them both? Why not? Men will date properly, That's one thing I would give them. They date multiple people and make the best puss out the proper dator.
Speaker 8: Yeah, women, we need to do the same too. The best Nick made the best dick win.
Speaker 1: Hobby be laughing like y'all was preaching today. Hobby No laughed like I got a new attitude.
Speaker 2: That's what Hobby said.
Speaker 1: See, Hobby said, he into it today. Okay, but yes, it's like, why do y'all? I ain't never heard Hobby laugh.
Speaker 6: He always laughs.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? No?
Speaker 6: He laughing a lot of today, but he always laughs.
Speaker 1: Though Hobby's laughing, be like, but Hobby is like, and you gotta say something real funny to make Hobby laugh. No, Hobby is not easily. Hobby have a good sense of humor.
Speaker 4: He laughed, Alike, you don't be hitching me, but he laughed all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I got a bad ear, which one real Wow, somebody punched you in it, don't happen.
Speaker 2: Got swimmers here, I got swimmers here? M all right?
Speaker 1: Well, why are you laughing? It's not funny.
Speaker 4: I didn't laugh neither you laughed. That's why I love I think that. Can you please take that fucking out of your mouth.
Speaker 1: Like a country character.
Speaker 2: I'm ready, So Beyonce, we're going, ain't no hope? Okay, keep going?
Speaker 4: Can I say something real quick too about Beyonce haters?
Speaker 1: We're ahead? What we never wait? Fuck the holes.
Speaker 4: Everybody whoever don't like us, Fuck them holes.
Speaker 1: That's who fucked up the door and turned on down load and turn in you. They're gonna's solved and slow, baby, we ain't got no place to go. I hope you wonder, he dad, I've been reading for this salt or they long. I'm about to come out with a country album. You should but go ahead with you.
Speaker 4: I was just saying, like, I just don't like nobody did don't like Beyonce.
Speaker 1: That's fair, That's fair because I just feel like why she don't more than nobody they get mad now. They're mad at her because they feel like Miss Tina speaks for her too much, and so that's what mama should. Dude, y'all know they ain't have no mama around when they was growing up. That's why tier Marie said it, and that's why y'all needed to listen to Hood too. I just don't like.
Speaker 4: I don't like how people be disrespecting our legiends they be disrespecting tier Marie too, and I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I don't like when they talk to nobody. Actually, because I seen somebody being funny about Missy Elliott the other day, and one thing I don't play with it is Missy fucking Elliott. What they said to her.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what they said.
Speaker 1: They said something like, I don't know if they were listening to like a song she had dropped. They were was like something about she needs to stop dropping music because somebody said the top female rappers while we never bring Missy in the conversation, and they were like, that's because she can't make a hot song and she needs to stop because this is the last song she dropped. First of all. That's how I know, y'all you ain't never heard socking to me on a Friday night. Y'all too fucking young. You know what I'm saying. Doo dood goodo, like, stop fucking playing with I can't stand the ring?
Speaker 2: Who can hop?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 2: You can fucking sample?
Speaker 1: Baby? You got one? Break me up? Show me what you got. That's when who was in there.
Speaker 9: Lula, I'm the maintenance man, Cris.
Speaker 1: We are looking her part too. I love that what she said one minute to minutes, three minutes, hell no to please me, you got to sleep in it. I said, ooh freaky, why are you making that thing?
Speaker 6: It is way too much. But I love me some Trina.
Speaker 1: In fact, a press run right now and she needed, oh, I don't think we've reached out to her. We're gonna reach out to her. She's doing a whole press run right now. We need to reach out to her.
Speaker 4: Because, first and foremost, what's your favorite Trina Verse ever?
Speaker 1: My favorite trina Verse ever? Oh my, oh my god, all of them? Do you remember that I'm speaking? Oh? It's so many. Honestly, I'm not trying to be funny. I think my favorite. I'll say this, this is my personal favorite. It might not be her best one, but her take it to the house verse.
Speaker 4: I'm a five star beat because I ain't that other beat from the womb. I've been riched all right there, Miss Trina makes the ballers want a stir sky hot sun now boots lined with the fur.
Speaker 1: Pop, pull a switch, pull it, don't but make it to work. I'm a flirt to let her and a throat bad skirt. I'm that bad bitch box Beinging's own blade rocks on my wrists like pink lemonade. Keep your brochers in your rings for the mother girls, lo mama, watch strings, push and nail pearls. I'm back for my crown. Fake bitches, dive down.
Speaker 2: It's the remix.
Speaker 1: What you want to do? Now? You know? I like you do her get loose in the club, like you just don't curve.
Speaker 4: She ate that she used to eat all the songs shout out to Trina and Joe.
Speaker 1: She got a lot of verses that I like, though, like Trina is probably like between her one of my top five best female rap I agree, I'm gonna put I definitely put Trina in my top five. And I think it's you know, I'm not gonna watch it. And Nikki.
Speaker 4: I know the girls be controversial about nikkias but I.
Speaker 1: I mean, but she cannot deny her talent. I just had an epiphany. I need that guy NAIs. I'm not gonna lie though, Nicki Minaj is my number two because I've always been a Missy stand though I literally had all Missy's albums, Missy is your number one. I'm telling you, y'all have never okay. So te Pain has always been like up here to me, like when I was like, I know, the pinnacle of my career is when I can sit next to t Pain. So the fact that I've done that because like te Pain to me and Missy to me are like right here. When I get Missy Elliott on this couch, I woke up at five o'clock in the morning one morning because it was when her work It had premiered, and they were talking about because she didn't premiere on one on sixth In parts she permiitted on like a morning thing that MTV used to have. I woke up at five o'clock in the morning before my volleyball tournament, and I just remember listening to work it over and over and over and over m hm and over mm hmm. She's she was ahead of her time. She was, she was so ahead of her time. And we need to put when y'all start having when y'all be having these conversations, y'all need to stop skipping Missy, period because how can they could they do every time? And I don't get it. She was a producer, a writer, a rapper, a singer, choreographer. Missy is really running circles around a lot of these people, for real, for real, take away the golden platinum chains and I ain't going.
Speaker 2: I'm going.
Speaker 6: Hung out to Genie Wye who used to beasts, and I want Genie.
Speaker 1: That's what y'all. Let's wrap this up. He said, same old g What do sme molgi with the arms.
Speaker 2: We went like this, you ain't lift up there.
Speaker 1: It's soft. It's soft. I got a lot of ass under death. I don't think I can do that either way. You can't. I can't do that. It's soft anyway? All right?
Speaker 2: No, no, we done?
Speaker 1: Okay, say what you gotta say? Was so incredible.
Speaker 2: Remember when tweet what I did last night?
Speaker 1: What do tweet? Gotta do? A genie? Because she had Missy Elliott. I looked over to the less. She said, I was on my thighs butter picking brou y'all was horny oos. I was about master babe who that goes my turn up? Said, oh my, I tried.
Speaker 2: I'm not tobby like he left like.
Speaker 1: I was my thigh husband. He can bro all right.
Speaker 4: So the point I was making was what I was gonna say real quick before we eating these that fucking tweet of juvenile, I mean, not genuine.
Speaker 6: I don't know how I confused.
Speaker 4: Come on now, genu Wine and the men. It was his background singer singing, and they was like, I hate old niggas, I hate.
Speaker 2: Old But what song was they singing?
Speaker 1: Was it pony? No? Are you sure it was something else? It was so funny. I did my part. I think it was phony. No, it wasn't, pony. I'm a thousand percent positive.
Speaker 4: But anyways, they was just like I hate old niggas because the niggas was in and the girls was like, they was like, I hate old niggas, and that's actually the reason why I love.
Speaker 1: Old If an old niggas start busting out in the song for me.
Speaker 4: But you know what, I get what they were saying because that's how I feel when old niggas start like doing their little sorority step. That's why I mean for eterning these steps in the club.
Speaker 1: That's what happened. Put it out. They was like.
Speaker 2: I said, oh we was there, calm down.
Speaker 1: They was barking in our years and ship they was and I was just like, move niggas the fuck and niggas be so excited they be what was that song? What's the song that they be stepping two?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Time? I said, oh, brother, I took my chicken strips and I left. I did I did you know? I did?
Speaker 4: And what's the They all got their own song. The Kappas got white me down. But that's New age though. What was like the because I feel like that was like when I was in college like what was before that though, because I was like atomic dog Ben for the cap I mean Ben for the the cut doll for like fifty years.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 1: But then the alphas got I don't know.
Speaker 2: I ain't been in college since nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 1: Also, but before we close this out, I also thought about, since we were talking about Rihanna and Tierra Marie earlier, when Tweet dropped, people people was comparing Tweet and Ashanti.
Speaker 4: No, yes they was. I'm saying, no, huh, you're saying no that they was. I'm saying, no, they can't be compared.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm saying when they first dropped, they dropped at the same time. M hm. Another bop of the week tweets cigarettes. It's such a good song there you smoking cigarettes and nice. That was on her best songs. So thank y'all so much for tuning in. See y'all next week. I don't want to leave it. That sounded good too, See y'all next week.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Make sure y'all share the content, like subscribe, follow all that good stuff. And let me say this before we close off, y'all, there is one Twitter account that is connected to poor minds. It's p o, you are underscore in my nds. Y'all are tagging the wrong poor Minds page. If you see at poor minds with no underscore, that is at fake page. Do not follow that page. Okay, they blocked me Andrea and the poor Minds page on both, so we only have up one Instagram, one Twitter one TikTok. It's p o, you are underscore in my nds. All right, and we got a hell a fake Facebook page on the Facebook pages it's our face. The crazy thing is our Facebook page actually have the least amount of fou So if you're on Facebook, one that's ours got the least amount of file.
Speaker 4: But one that's not us got like two hundred and fifty thou.
Speaker 1: Make if you actually look at the content because the caption is like whoever it is, don't speak English, because their captures are like bumba claude should men? Should men pay bill? Should men pay bill? Yes? No check answer below block block pull pull pull off, Like that's literally what the captions. I'm like you what that DG's bumba claude, bamba claud. Let's go slide over here and talk to the boy. What are you drinking? And I'm about the boy.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking of seeing you tomorrow. Wake it up up with no panties, No, bra, I ain't being nasty. I'm just being for real. Let me take off my belt and give you the whip a pill. Yeah, you heard about what I do in the streets, but you gonna love what I do in the sheets.
Speaker 1: Say, Babby, what's your story? And you got the goods? It's plain to see to kind of get her. Keep your brother on his knees, and I'm so curious after the club hang out with me Valentine. No is sure to please, But now let's have an upper marsy knee and get to know each other. Tell me and no jeans. The way you popping here is killing me. Here, come follow me.
Speaker 11: Tell me.
Speaker 1: I don't need to get that and those jeans. The way you're here is killing me.
Speaker 2: I meet you and the bee pee.
Speaker 1: I'm a bad boy. Gotta let you know these other thoughts running through my mind because I'm so curious. Yeah, drop bullshots to you. Out the dog's speed up in the coop because there's more restore Wait till a pool in my driveway girl, sell everybody now, I want you sake to thing go. You're the fine staying there. Walk in this club, your girls days on comparity you and you. Let's make a toe to the good life.
Speaker 13: Hi, tell me how did I get that? The way you're wropping down is killing me? Look over here, come follow me. Tell me how did you get that? And nose geen. The way you're dropping down is killing me. I'll meet you when the via pea.
Speaker 4: Maybe eyes are hazy eyes. I may be right up again. So ya like of whether so purchasing your face so heavily. I'm thanking God you better be and then I'm very sweet. And if we get caught, you could be my accessory access to the condo Miami.
Speaker 1: You have breakers on the floor butt naked. We saying it, but I'm too dark to teen mama partner your men smark you're wining? Why then the places you go caught up in your vobe try to kick it like Judo.
Speaker 4: Leg and on other things you know, you know Holle and Gito. I'm probably all vibing with Wabi Belita.
Speaker 1: Takes the thing you washing it.
Speaker 13: Heh oh, tell me.
Speaker 6: Jacob to.
Speaker 7: No poor get you. Yeah, I wanted a smell it.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 12: Yeah No, how did you get that? Now did you do it? How did you do it? How did you get.
Speaker 1: That bussing back there? You ain't gotta no wonder where, no