Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World head Bars at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: Tag Burgers Here, that's got kiss.
Speaker 1: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: It's a Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the BC Studio. Man everybody, We've got Patrick Noc Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand Back, Chris Beaman, the Backham, Kyle Yeoman's so glad you're with us today.
Speaker 5: We were calibrated today. What was that your pointing was calibrated today?
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate it. Been working on it.
Speaker 4: I love Patrick shirt too, always repping ninety four as always.
Speaker 2: Sad he's trying to get a discount somewhere the hat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a Black Rifle Coffee location on games percent off your entire order for one of the ease.
Speaker 2: I couldn't just get that reading out of it. Yeah, a little bit you as well. I am. I am sorry to have pasties on.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I was in nine mode at the beginning of the episode. I don't know if I saw that.
Speaker 2: Find these at your local pro shop. What is nine the pasties? J J. McCarthy thinks, not.
Speaker 4: Otherwise known as stickers. Yeah, hold on, guys, I want to hear this. Okay, what the heck is nine mode?
Speaker 7: That's okay, that's JJ McCarthy's persona.
Speaker 4: Oh is that like when he's like real dramatic at the beginning of the game and he's like meditating at the goalpost and he's got his eyes closed in his headphones.
Speaker 7: And then also in the post game when he's like amped up and he's like doing the whole thing.
Speaker 6: With the Yeah what he's amped up? Yeah, he's doing that thing.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing that I have one more time, one more time.
Speaker 6: That's what he does.
Speaker 2: Oh JJ, you guys are on Twitter's a rookie. Yeah, you're right, I'm not that coming to plaster.
Speaker 6: You're on to I know he's seen it.
Speaker 2: I still haven't seen. Oh I saw was quigmyre gigdy.
Speaker 7: That's what he's doing, dude, I swear if you think I'm joking.
Speaker 2: It's so cringey. I am. I'm gonna look it up.
Speaker 4: I think one, I've got to see what you're talking about on the post game stuff. But man, he's he's not had a good enough year to have a persona.
Speaker 6: Everybody he calls it nine.
Speaker 2: That's terrible, like like eleven, like stranger things or what are we talking about?
Speaker 8: I don't compare him to the greatness of eleven. Oh I know whether you say eight or one. Can't tell him a stranger thing?
Speaker 2: Can Josh?
Speaker 9: Three?
Speaker 2: Two? One? It's nine? O four? We can talk for about now. Stop it. This is this is the nine persona that we're looking at.
Speaker 6: This is nine.
Speaker 2: Okay. Oh, it's just like high video interest on top of it.
Speaker 6: Oh no, just the very beginning.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, he looks like an actor. I can't remember who the actor is.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that there was a name attached to that nine.
Speaker 7: Be careful, guys, we're previewing nine.
Speaker 2: We are going to preview the vikings. It doesn't in the capital n none.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, that's he's producing.
Speaker 2: Speak to my dog? Was that I speak to my nothing in German? Do you what do you say in German to your dogs? That's it? You have German shepherds. No, are you talking to non German German?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't understand this is such thing as a German right, Yeah, this is a genuine question.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did not know that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just rotil that happened to be from Germany. It's like a whole thing like Germany and roth Wilders, Like.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're saying meekly. Doesn't change the fact that I was unaware. I thought it was Doberman's. Interesting Okay, only just tough.
Speaker 5: Dogs, big dogs.
Speaker 2: And forty solid the only rolls I know from the hood. Yeah, from Germany.
Speaker 5: You don't want to mess with them, you don't. Those are the ones that have Those are a lot cheaper. I can say that they're not imported, but.
Speaker 8: Those are the ones they have. You jumping on top of cars. Have you ever written like ran away from a dog?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, absolutely, multiple times. You become an instant. One of them was a pit bull. I remember that.
Speaker 4: That was the like the the scarring one was back whenever I was I was probably eight or nine.
Speaker 2: Got away though, Yeah I did get away. I got jumped the chain link fence and got away from it. And even then I was like, not did you use hands?
Speaker 5: Barely to the ovals that you see from like the road runner. Yeah, running, I feel like beamers ran from a colored dogs before made me see Beamer.
Speaker 7: Getting I see a dog and I the dogs run from Beamer.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into news and notes, Pat.
Speaker 8: Yes, absolutely, so we have the first injury report of the week cow boys delivered to us after they had their first practice.
Speaker 2: Was their good news or bad news? Not bad news? Pause?
Speaker 8: Not unexpected. I had to think for a second because Tyler got in. He's trending in the right direction, but he didn't practice yesterday. That doesn't seem And don't say the two numbers while I'm doing this, please, but I shouldn't speak louder than word. Yeah, basically, so he was off to the side with Britt Brown doing rehab work yesterday.
Speaker 2: Please don't say the numbers.
Speaker 10: We didn't say zero six zero, Okay, work under these, but no, he was off to the side doing rehab work with Britt Brown and Jack Sam Boyne.
Speaker 8: So we'll see if Tyler guy you can get in practice today. If he doesn't practice today, then I'm concerned about, you know, his availability against the Vikings. But going into yesterday's practice, Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, Brian Schttenheimer. They all sounded optimistic about his chances, so put a pin in that one. That's why I paused, because I don't know if they're just giving him another day or if there's actually something here that could, you know, turn his needle in the wrong direction.
Speaker 2: Don't know. We'll see.
Speaker 5: How often do you think Britt Brown has to change out those bands? Uh, it's every couple of years probably, it's a question. I don't think it needs to be like a yearly thing.
Speaker 2: And it's definitely more frequent than that thing. Yeah, I mean those are high quality.
Speaker 5: They are high EQUI that ask that question next time. Just ask Brown if yeah, how frequently change the band?
Speaker 2: I'll see. I'll see what we can figure out on that one.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's like two years is probably what I would think.
Speaker 2: What if he's never changed them? Maybe maybe so it's quality equipment.
Speaker 6: Switch out the band they don't pay.
Speaker 4: They don't pay the truth or the for the cheap ones they don't pay for, just like the ones you get at Walmart.
Speaker 5: I feel like those are the same exact bands for the last thirty years.
Speaker 6: Maybe the band are different here, cheap out.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 8: So the only other player who did not participate in practice was Malie Hooker, but that was not injury related. That was due to a personal reason. I'll check to see if he's expected to be back today. But again, good news is is not an injury issue. Hopefully everything's find on the personal front. He can get back to practice this week. Other than those two guys, everyone else practiced and some capacity.
Speaker 2: Here's the good news today. Jon Clowney was.
Speaker 6: Back at Yes, yes, scot golf clop. I like those words.
Speaker 8: Yes, Yes, this is going to give you a little bit more more of a golf clap, if not a little bit more.
Speaker 2: CD Lamb was back at practicing. Yes, dred Heads are back. I like this report. Dread Heads are back, Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 8: He is still in concussion protocol at the moment, however, he is passing the bench marks. Brian Schottenhammer said that he only had quote unquote one or two more benchmarks to pass in order to clear concussion protocol. I can tell you the eye test yesterday looked good on Cedee Lamb.
Speaker 2: That I look good on Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 8: Yesterday he was participating in uh the individual drills, portion of practice during media availability, he was running at full speed, he was in good spirits, he was kind of bopping to the music. He was high five and coaches and players. So it looks like Ceedee Lamb is exactly where he needs to be. So as long as he can clear this final benchmark or two, I expect that he will take the field against the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 2: So that is absolutely huge, you feel.
Speaker 7: So that's your reporting that he will be on the field.
Speaker 2: Is that what you just.
Speaker 8: Said, reporting that if he clears the final or two benchmarks, then he will be on the field. And I'm also reporting that he looked good yesterday and moving around and his good spirits and going full speed through his routes.
Speaker 5: If you had a dodgeball game tonight, would you feel comfortable picking up Cede Lamb and playing tonight?
Speaker 8: No dodgeball because somebody might throw a wrench at him. If you can dodge, if you caught the reference reference. But those are the good that's the good news to even Clowney. Back of practice, it was a limited capacity, but back in practice, nonetheless, he's trending in the right direction. Ceedee Lamb still a concussion protocol, but full speed and individual drills. He is trending toward playing as well, he just needs to clear a protocol in order to do so. Savone revel he was limited in practice yesterday, something not keep an eye on. Spoke with Savone yesterday in the locker room after practice and he said he's just dealing with some soreness. He told me that I didn't catch this in film. He said that he banged his knee on the on the turf in Detroit, making one of those tackles. So yeah, so he said he's just dealing with a little bit of sowordness there, which is why he was limited yesterday. So not to say that he won't play, but keep an eye on that because it feels like if he does, maybe that answers the question yesterday as far as like they kind of scale back on.
Speaker 2: The uh the rep count on him.
Speaker 8: So we'll see, but just draw a circle around that, and that's that's something to watch now. From a Minnesota Vikings injury report, two notables did not practice yesterday for the Minnesota Vikings, one being offensive tackle Christian Dearisol dealing with a knee issue. Something to keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: And T. J.
Speaker 8: Hawkinson kind of a kind of a big deal. He's dealing with a shin injury. He did not participation yesterday either, So from Minnesota shin, shin, shin injury.
Speaker 2: Usually they would just put like a lag or a lower body or something like.
Speaker 8: That, shin being on a quite It is quite specific now that you mention wouldn't suck.
Speaker 2: I never won them, never.
Speaker 6: Had try to drag one time, Bro immediately terrible.
Speaker 2: I'm good. Yeah, me and my sister have gone through those a couple of times.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm a Disney adult syndrome.
Speaker 8: By the way, I'll tell you id Disney.
Speaker 7: It's like people going to Disney for the first time that like are really into it. They're having trouble walking around.
Speaker 6: Maybe not go there.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what as much trek as I ran in and yesterdayear Bro, actually I was actually blessed to have never suffered since plans I've had.
Speaker 2: I know that you you ran on good tracks.
Speaker 5: We ran on We ran on concrete with dirt thrown over the top, ran on everybody split.
Speaker 8: I would like anyone in the chat that happens to be from the West side of Savannah, Georgia.
Speaker 2: To chime in on Isaiah's allegation, you guys have never ran a little track.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, now, now I believe I actually ran track.
Speaker 2: Now I think you're now. I think you're just making.
Speaker 5: Our track was so bad. If it rained, you would have We're running a steeple race.
Speaker 8: Bro, that's so much water much water was Seriously, but I don't know if it's just preparational, because really I don't know. I know shins plus is a uh is a it's an impact.
Speaker 2: I've been on your year old track. Oh no, no, no, no, beamers. That's the new version. Bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, beamer has been there, but I was there, you were there, But that is new. That is freaking amazing. Before Bro, it was straight concrete jungles.
Speaker 8: Okay, so then, you know, just like back when right between practices, when you're at home, when you're in the black, you kid corner the corner, barefoot on the street and all of that. And I still was blessed to not have shin splins. Now, I will say I had plenty of other impact injuries, ankles, knees. That's why I have at least one bad knee right now. But shin splints never had them, never want them, but I heard the horror stories you can have that, you can have that.
Speaker 2: I love how we got to this off of talking about.
Speaker 11: The s Yeah, we're not saying back in Western Georgia, we're not saying he has. All we know is that his shin is on the injury report. His shin is on the injury report. So keep an eye on that because t J. Howkinson is dealing with something. So even if he can't go, he'll be less than one hundred percent. But right now on your left, Cowboys fans probably don't subscribe too much to that because didn't Jamior Gibb was just okay, yeah, so yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Then Brown, oh yeah yeah, Marshall so yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: Melvin say they need to be invested. Hated the Lions too. Saint Brown wasn't injured at all?
Speaker 2: Or your linebackers. I mean it's usually it's play or you just let him cook. Is this the five o'clock fore? So yeah, there you go, news and oes injured report for that's good.
Speaker 4: Let's preview the Cowboys defense going up against the Minnesota offense and what they've done this day, are going into this week rather Uh, there's one quarterback in the NFL right now that is registered and above the threshold of being considered in the statistical categories, right that has more interceptions than he does touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Would you like to take a guess on who that is? Nine? And you know, you know how many passing touchdowns he's had this year? Nine? You know how many interceptions?
Speaker 6: More than nine?
Speaker 4: Ten he's had. He's had ten interceptions. What have you seen from j J McCarthy this season?
Speaker 7: Oh, my goodness, inconsistency. I mean, you saw a guy that's full of confidence early on in the season. Uh, but that kind of dropped off pretty quickly after that Monday Night opener. I guess for them, Uh, at least for me, JJ McCarthy is not what they wanted him to be. He has no chemistry at all with JJ. Over there, JJ and JJ are not having their chemistry. Like that big fact that Kyle put up yesterday on the dot com.
Speaker 2: Should I read that big fact please from yesterday?
Speaker 6: It is Isaiah on the dot com.
Speaker 2: It's pretty wild. It is on the Thank you Dan, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said JJ to JJ just isn't working out of the quarterback to wide receiver duos this season with at least forty targets. The combo of JJ McCarthy and Justin Jefferson rank dead last in passer raids.
Speaker 7: What was the name of the last guy you just named?
Speaker 2: Justin Jefferson?
Speaker 7: Ah, and really bad so far, right, Yeah, he hasn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's putting up career low numbers in every major category.
Speaker 7: But he's always had a consistent quarterback that has given him the numbers that he's had so far in his career.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, pretty much. It doesn't matter who up until now, huh night.
Speaker 4: I mean he had Sam Donald last year, which was kind of a crazy luck thing. Yeah, yeah, of course, and then before that it was it was Kirk Cousins. Yeah, you're right, probably not luck, but people didn't expect Sam Donald.
Speaker 2: Let me say, unexpected surprise, a surprise.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, mister Seattle, Chill out, dog. I know he got ten wins, chill out. But when it comes to.
Speaker 2: JJ to JJ forty five passer.
Speaker 4: Rating when he is being targeted this year out of ninety eight duos that have at least forty targets, dead last, the next closest one, next lowest, I guess I should say, is Geno Smith to Jacoby oh And speaking of Seattle, Gino Smith to Jacoby Myers with the Raiders and they had a fifty four point one.
Speaker 2: So it's like a.
Speaker 4: Con considerable gap in between how bad JJ McCarthy has been while throwing the football to Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 7: I mean that clearly indicates that Justin Jefferson has regressed in some way, right.
Speaker 2: He's washed, washed, possibly.
Speaker 8: I think that's what That's what the kids nowadays would say. It's scary're gonna say it.
Speaker 6: By the way, I'm jo.
Speaker 7: Justin Jefferson is that dude is a monster.
Speaker 2: But and I say at the quarterback.
Speaker 7: I say all of that in the same context of this is the Dallas Cowboys defense so far this season has been a get right game.
Speaker 6: For a lot of offenses.
Speaker 7: And I don't want that to start clicking. I don't want nine to start coming out out of nowhere gros.
Speaker 6: I don't want to see it.
Speaker 8: I don't see I'm concerned about Justin Jefferson. I'm not concerned about JJ McCarthy because when you look at number one, availability has been an issue for him, But now that he's available for them, like you said inconsistency, but he's actually consistently bad, you know what I mean. So even in the thirty one points that they hung on the Washington Commanders last week, yeah, JJ, McCarthy had three touchdowns, But go back and look at that stat line. As far as his passing yards, I don't think he broke two hundred passing yards.
Speaker 4: In that game, if I'm not mistaken. So I got it right here, you got it. Yeah, he had won sixty three.
Speaker 2: There you go. Didn't even sniff two hundred passing yards. So you see that way through it twenty three times. It's not like they're giving him the keys to the.
Speaker 8: Car, nor should they, because something I referenced yesterday on the back end of QB vision was that in the losses, the defense for the Vikings are still holding teams to less than twenty six points a game. Yep, you should be winning those games, most of those games anyway, But each one of those games are losses because McCarthy and or whoever whomever at the time was the quarterback. They've been averaging under thirteen points a game. Offensively, that is abysmal. That what now, listen, try that's exactly what that is. I can tell you who's not trash. You guys already mentioned one name, justin Jeff Jefferson. Do you guys know who else is not trash?
Speaker 2: I like Jordan Addison, No, I like him.
Speaker 5: I think he's really you know, all those guys are trash. But Kevin O'Connell's not trash. Yeah, I thought he was the QBU whisper though. I think he'll figure he's met his match. Can't whisper to that. I can't whisper to listen Kevin O'Connell when I turned on this film.
Speaker 4: His offense is nice, Dude, I've always been a listen. His offense is nice.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about all aspects from formations to running or to run game, to the scheme running scheme, the past concepts are are immaculate like this, dude.
Speaker 2: If you like, we saw last year.
Speaker 5: What happens when you give him a quarterback that's capable, and obviously you're seeing.
Speaker 2: The opposite this year. But he is a freaking dude.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: I know we don't typically talk about coaches.
Speaker 5: We typical talk about the glad you're going to see on the field, the man who's calling the plays.
Speaker 2: I think this is a well coached team. He's a freaking dude. Yeah, the coaching is nothing.
Speaker 4: Flores on the defensive side, doesn't Yeah, and O'Connell on the one on thett O'Connell.
Speaker 2: It's not justin Jefferson. It's not t. J.
Speaker 5: Hockinson, it's not Aaron Jones, it's not Jordan Addison, it's not Madison.
Speaker 2: Process of elimination. Right. I just named nine.
Speaker 6: Guys about the nine.
Speaker 2: But so we say all that.
Speaker 5: At least I say all that to say, if for whatever reason, the light bulb comes on for him, it can get ugly because he has the weapons, then he has a heck of a coach that's calling a great game plan. So yes, we're least I'm staying for what I'm saying, Like, in terms of him not being very good so far in his career, it's not because the lack of talent around him. Is not for lack of coaching, it's not for lack of scheme, it's not for lack of protection.
Speaker 2: He just hasn't been good.
Speaker 5: So if he remotely like wakes up and takes him tuzzlem and clicks even remotely, listen, this is a team that you better put some respect on because you're really just missing that one element.
Speaker 2: It's not like, hey, we suck there. We're kind of weak there too. We're no.
Speaker 5: No, this is this is like if he figures it out, if they figure anything out with him, they can be really good offense.
Speaker 6: What did they not figured it out?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 6: What is it about?
Speaker 5: His timing is trash? His ball location is trash. His you know, velocity is nowhere near I saw it in college. I don't know what everybody was talking about coming into the league, but his velocity is not good at all.
Speaker 4: And they're trying to take a step up in that regard because last week he had a career high or a career.
Speaker 2: Low in terms of time to throw.
Speaker 4: They're trying to get the ball out of his hands quick so that way he makes it. Even if he does make a mistake, it's a lesser of a mistake.
Speaker 2: It's not the downfield perceptions.
Speaker 4: When you're lacking that's that's what they're trying to do. They're trying to take the ability to make mistakes out of Mike mc jj McCarthy's hands.
Speaker 2: That's what they're trying. So when you when you have a lack of velocity.
Speaker 5: When you have a lack of accuracy, the best thing to do is is quick passes, right, because that's the best way to increase your receiving percentage, to increase your passing percentage, Like, those are the things that you can do to help out your quarterback. This isn't because he's receiving pressure. This is not that's not the reason why they're making this change. Typically coaches shorten up the routes, shorten up the skin if your offensive line, if your offensive line is not good, right, or you just yeah, mainly your offensive line is not good, or they're not blocking very well, or you're getting pressure, all those things. But hardly ever in this league do you ever see coaches make that adjustment to their scheme because their quarterbacks inability to throw the ball beyond fifteen yards and to throw the ball accurately.
Speaker 8: I would not blitz JJ McCarthy. I wouldn't either, And I love that Kyle set this up for me. Okay, the Vikings do want to get the ball out of his hands quickly. This is one of the weird instances where I'm completely fine with not sending a plus one, especially if you get your Davion Clowney, get your pressure with your front four. But Cayle intimates something very important when it comes to j McCarthy, the more time he has in the pocket, that less likely he's going to make the completion. And that's not only backed up by film, but I just I was curious, so I looked it up on next.
Speaker 2: STA was also that way in Michigan too.
Speaker 8: Agreed, agreed, don't talk about it. Almost went there.
Speaker 2: I'm not going.
Speaker 8: I'm not going there. But yeah, okay. So per next Stats, three things jump out that support this point. As far as Mike McCarthy, the longer he has back there to make the throw, the more likely he's going to mess this up. Right, it's crazy as it was wild because typically it should be the other way around. You want to speed his clock up, but actually you want to slow his clock down.
Speaker 5: Because it's going to make an inverse relationship. He really just does so.
Speaker 8: Her next year instances, JJ McCarthy has completed just seventy two percent of his passes to open targets and open target as defined by a receiver who has three or more yards of separation.
Speaker 2: Oh brother, h H hit me with the sound, brother thinks. So when a receiver has three or more brother guy stacks.
Speaker 8: He is only hitting them less than three quarters of the time. Okaytory, right now, that's the lowest in the last week. Yeah, that's the lowest in the NFL, ahead of only one other quarterback. Would you like to know who that quarterback was? Anthony Richardson? Oh interesting, Wow, another stat that goes to that drive. Yeah, because god, that's awful.
Speaker 2: I mean, they did the same thing and went and got Philip Rivers. Oh, he looks like he's been sitting on the couch. He has been on the couch.
Speaker 8: Defenses are opting to not blitch JJ McCarthy this season, and they're allowing him, and they're dropping back with seven or more defenders and coverage when they do that. JJ McCarthy has the lowest completion rate in the entire NFL at fifty six percent.
Speaker 5: So would you say, is we need a one man rush and the second and the second fewish yards per attempt at five and a half yards.
Speaker 8: This is the most upside down shouts out to stranger things.
Speaker 2: This is the most.
Speaker 8: Upside down thing I've seen in football in a long time. We're literally telling you that JJ McCarthy. If you allow him time to throw the ball, he'll mess it up. But if you if you get on him quickly, pressure wise, he might make the completion.
Speaker 2: There's no season be screaming for the press box.
Speaker 12: Don't stas prevent defense all game, just prevent defense.
Speaker 2: Just leave them alone.
Speaker 8: The film in the stats, the Scotty report on Jajon McCarthy is if you leave them alone, he'll throw.
Speaker 2: You get your chance, all right.
Speaker 4: When we come back on Talking Cowboys, we're gonna talk about the rest of the weapons though on the Minnesota side, and then how Dallas matches up defensively, and don't worry lab Coat coming up a little bit later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, more Talking Cowboys right after this.
Speaker 13: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build the future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 3: We're with you.
Speaker 13: That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing, where are you?
Speaker 9: Where are you?
Speaker 2: Not it?
Speaker 4: Cowboys fans, We've got big news. Black Rifle energy is now available at Texas seven eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating location. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need.
Speaker 2: To power through those long days.
Speaker 4: So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way. Black Rifle Coffee, America's coffee.
Speaker 2: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: I watched. I've been seeing some good thanks totally. They have some talent. You have some great talent, and they.
Speaker 3: Got some fight hoping this is the year me too.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: Travis.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 5: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 6: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 9: Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Copyright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Bank of America Corporation, at AT and T.
Speaker 9: We guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking bus to the vet.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken wings, and I can't believe we're staging a comeback.
Speaker 9: Staying connected matters. That's why in the rare event of a network outage, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day's service for while it's downtown, lasting sixt minutes and more. Caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must be connected to impact tower. Don't set about it. Restrictions and exclusion apply. Seet dot com Slash guarantee for full details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 2: This segment is brought to you by invisi.
Speaker 4: Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys, Patrick Nocy Walker, Josh Erdriguez, Isaiah standback Chris Low in the back of Kyle Yeoman's Isaiah just because we brought him up in the last segment.
Speaker 2: You are forty one, correct? I am forty one years old in the wisky year, Yeah, there you go? Or what was his name? Rice? Three point shooter? Who? Okay, forty Rice? Rice is to play for Miami Heat back in the day. You're talking about Allen Ray, Allen Rice. I'm gonna trying to maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's just stick with maybe. That's a good idea. I'm interested to see who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Glenn Rice. Glenn Rice. Remember the first should have said Charlotte.
Speaker 5: Yeah, remember from Miami, Dad, I don't know if somebody from Miam Yeah, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bus Glenn Rice from the name on Google. The first nobody is Miami.
Speaker 5: Glen Rice from Miami, Glen Rice, the first Miami heat.
Speaker 4: I love how it it has his last seasons like a three point seven.
Speaker 2: From three. Let's go with Dirk.
Speaker 12: He goes Dirk, He's like, you know what, Actually I'm going Glen Rice.
Speaker 2: I'm going ke On Hall.
Speaker 4: I'll give credit where credit due. By the way, the entire chat is just spamming Glenn.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So look they know.
Speaker 8: Ball, Alan, Keith, all of you guys, James Vuie, but you can you can freez that nobody knows Glenn Rice from Miami.
Speaker 2: I would say, I know, I first thought would be Sharlotte.
Speaker 4: Charlotte. That's what he made his career. That's okay, that's Glenn Rice's grandmama. Yeah, okay, what sha Those guys know ball, So.
Speaker 2: You don't you don't go back to to Orlando, Glen, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: L A is the Shack you remember? Orlando is the Shack that that he.
Speaker 5: That's what made Shack. But what made Shack Hall of Famer l A.
Speaker 2: You're saying, you're saying, Shack is who l A?
Speaker 5: He said, when you think of Shack, what's the first thing you think of Lenox?
Speaker 2: You know, first thing you think of is l A. I think of him being a DJ. Hey, Shack fool talking cowboys starts at.
Speaker 4: Nine, I know, all right, doing our boys defense versus the Minnesota offensive preview. Outside of JJ McCarthy, tell me a little bit about the others out there. Remember you hear about speaking of basketball terms. You hear about the others that are there that are going to make a big impact on the game, on the game and on the team offensively for offensively for them, I mean, they've got some dude.
Speaker 2: They got some dues.
Speaker 5: Justin Jefferson obviously arguably the best receiver in the game, arguably because you you have a guy here that's in that conversation as well, sort of Cincinnati Jordan Addison, really good Jalen Naylor really good. All three of the receivers, they have a solid receiving corps.
Speaker 7: Jalen Naylor is that one of those guys against the Cowboys that typically is going to kill you, you know what I'm saying, like one of those yak guys that it's like, how is he open? How is he that wide open? And he's gonna hurt him.
Speaker 2: I really like their core.
Speaker 5: Obviously, they have three guys that I really really trust and they all present different problems. And then you go to the tight end tj Hodkinson, and he's tried and true. Obviously everybody knows that he's a solid tight end. When you think about tight ends, he's a He's a real one block. He could stand there, he could block, he could run routes, he could post you up in the red zone. He does all the things. And Aaron Jones just continues to find a way to stay in the league.
Speaker 7: A guy you don't want to see back at and T Stadium.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he always has my good every.
Speaker 6: He was a free agent.
Speaker 2: We need to start him in fantasy. He was a free agent. It was yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was actually on Good Morning Football with us. He's a good dude. That's a good dude. He's he's a really cool guy.
Speaker 2: So he's a good dude. He's a good player.
Speaker 5: Jordan Mason his back backup. You guys remember his time when he was in San Francisco, really good. He took advantage of the opportunity when McCaffrey went out, he stepped in, balled out and then when signed with the Minnesota and found himself in another backup role. But he's a dude. Even at the two second second on the depth chart and then their fullback he goes to the ball. What a what a last name for a full back? Yeah, he just goes hand about to go. But you don't want to meet him. You do not want to meet him. He's the last guy that you want to meet when when the hole opens up and you have to come downhill and try to try to go out there and hit somebody.
Speaker 2: Last guy you want to see. C J. Ham.
Speaker 5: There's not that many fullbacks in the league. Out of the fullbacks that are in the league, he's one of the ones that you don't want to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's one of the bees.
Speaker 5: He's physical as heck like, he's not a fullback. That's all your team to be on special teams Like this, dude will hit your face mask off the rails.
Speaker 2: What why'd you say that last part? A fullback that's on your team just to be on special teams. You're referencing somebody? Are you saying anybody's name here?
Speaker 4: Not at all talking about talking about see light, You're talking about jad if you will.
Speaker 2: Kind of felt like there was like a little little sideway shot there saying.
Speaker 5: Being coy Isaiah, you're having a fullback, you might as well using for fullback things.
Speaker 2: Whoa in Minnesota? Does that? Feels like Minnesota definitely does that? Feels like Kevin O'Connell does that. Kevin O'Connell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can attest to this, or you can talk to my wife and she can at So this this is gonna be something you guys give me flag for for a long time. There are two coaches that when I'm at home and we're watching football that I just gush over, like just man.
Speaker 2: Crush straight up.
Speaker 4: I love these two guys, Kyle Shanahan and Kevin O'Connell. Those are the two dudes in the NFL because they're freaking smart as hell and they know how to run a team. And so I feel like there's a lot of guys in the league that.
Speaker 2: Are good at one or the other.
Speaker 4: They know they are either good leaders or they're really good x's and o's wise, and those guys are good at both of them, and they they get people to rally around them. And I think Kevin O'Connell does that. This would be a ten win team if they had a good question.
Speaker 2: Oh, easily, this would be a ten win team if they had a quarterback. So they don't. This is michaelay roster.
Speaker 5: That's my question because there is a chance that that JJ McCarthy can wake up.
Speaker 2: And have it, specially there's there's a there's a chance that he could just wake up and ball out that day. Remember that's really in year one. He's two years in the league.
Speaker 4: He got injured last year, didn't really watch and watched and learned and saw Sam Darnold do what he did throughout the year. So he's basically a rookie yep. So there's gonna be growth in there.
Speaker 5: So if he shows up that does expect him to show up in Balto? Okay, what's your approach defensively? Being that these guys are so well rounded across the board.
Speaker 8: Well, if for whatever reason, he completely bucks this trend that we're seeing as far as if you give him more time, sure he will mess up. If he bucks that, then send the horses. Then you send the blitz because you need to do whatever you need to knock him off his spot, whatever the spot might be.
Speaker 6: So if his his mental spot or both.
Speaker 2: Because if he.
Speaker 8: Is uncomfortable sitting in the pocket for a long period of time and making those plays he just talked about, he only completes seventy three percent to receivers who are have three plus yards of separation, right, So if that's what makes him uncomfortable, let that happen, don't.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. It's a weird dynamic. Right.
Speaker 8: However, if you see him back there taking advantage of this extra time, then disrupt that, like find the discomfort, whatever that might be.
Speaker 5: So by bringing pressure, typically you're gonna be lesser on the back end when they have the very lever.
Speaker 8: That's that's why it works in your favor to not send your plus one.
Speaker 2: That's that's the key you need. You need the coverage against that quarter that you're talking about.
Speaker 8: And it helps that he doesn't excel when not pressured anyway, So the formula is ready made.
Speaker 2: Just have your seven you know, dbs, and then tell your.
Speaker 8: Front four get pressure to just get pressure organically, you do it that way. Film scouting numbers say that McCarthy will will blow this game. Now, Cowboys defense has been a get right game. Yeah, if we expect let's let's say, hypothetically, if McCarthy goes out there and in the first quarter, you know where the Cowboys are currently being outscored.
Speaker 2: Forty two nine in the first quarter.
Speaker 8: Good god, if for whatever reason you see that happening, flip the script.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I think, at least outside looking in, from our purview, this would be the game for Logan Wilson to really make his debut as a starter for the Cowboys. In my opinion, he's still here, Logan Wilson is, he's employed here, He is employed.
Speaker 6: He ain't taking many I'll say that.
Speaker 7: But if you're going to have him take the majority of the snaps over a K nine, let's just say, hypothetically, if that's what they want to do, this is the game to do it.
Speaker 2: Question, just because I don't.
Speaker 5: I feel I'm not looking at the chat, but I feel as if our family isn't understanding how much of a threat these this skill set position is.
Speaker 2: I think they know if nothing else, they know justin Jefferson isn't a all right, So let's ask this question. Is this the most well rounded?
Speaker 5: This is in the top three of the most well rounded offensive skill positions that we've faced this year?
Speaker 7: Top three, Yes, if you combined why, whide receivers, tight quarter, running backs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, running backs, tight ends, wide receiver, yes, top three, top three. That's why I want people to understand dangerous if they get a quick I want That's why I want people to understand.
Speaker 2: Like, to me, this is number three, who's two and who's one?
Speaker 5: I think that obviously Philly fill in therese Philly's in there. And then the one that just in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Chicago's up there. That was kind of the other one, Troy Troy.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say that might be the one that just had I was I was a healthy loporter.
Speaker 2: But yeah, exactly, Reporter might have been fifty five.
Speaker 5: I think I put them at four three or four. Chicago and them were interchangeable to me. I'll put them out of Chicago, so I'll put them you put them ahead.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna start Philly, Arizona, yes, easy, uh, Kansas City, they have the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yes, they don't have the I don't the receivers on Amazing Raiders, No Broncos. Maybe no receivers now, JK dobbin. I mean they put up forty four on you compared on you.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying everybody does that.
Speaker 8: Three destroyed Vikings taking the quarterback out of the Trackers, Philly Detroit Vikings, Packers, Trey McBride, Packers.
Speaker 2: Is more than Philly Detroit Vikings for.
Speaker 4: Me, Philly Detroit Vikings over Chicago.
Speaker 5: Chicago's right, I think what I think about right now, I'm gonna put Chicago right that four.
Speaker 8: So I think the biggest problem for the boys with this with this offense, Yeah, Justin Jefferson is one of the biggest problems. But it's like Josh said, Man, until you figure out a way to stop letting Aaron Jones come into at and t staate goodness and look like Eric Dickerson every single time, then you're you're going to keep losing to whatever team Aaron Jones is playing for every but he.
Speaker 7: Had his best game in the season last week against a defense where he was running up the middle of the entire game.
Speaker 6: I don't think they're gonna be able to do that this week. I really don't.
Speaker 7: But if they just rely on you going to the outside, and if you got Kenneth Murray playing all game, then yeah, you got a good chance to gain some yards. But they're not gonna be able to rely on the inside rush.
Speaker 8: I will say this, this is different, and you're right, this part is different from when Aaron Jones has faced the Cowboys on the multiple occasions prior that you could just run up the middle. Now you got Big Q, you got Kenny Clark right there, Sally Osa. Yeah, those guys as a whole need to have a bounce back game. But I like a pissed off Quinn Williams. This was his first loss suffered in the Cowboys uniform, and it wasn't a pretty one. Forty four points allowed. And you know he said after the game, after that loss, he said, we're better than forty four points.
Speaker 2: I like to hear.
Speaker 8: Quentin Williams say things like that because it tells me he's pissed off some accountability there, Yeah, and a pissed off Quinn William Matt.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's mad. It sounds like you can tell.
Speaker 4: The more we talk about this, the more we're cutting in the lapcoat. Oh crap, So that was Yeah, let's take our second break. When we come back, there's lap coat, more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to cut.
Speaker 9: It at at and T guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking Buster to the vet.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken wings, and I can't believe we're staging a comeback to.
Speaker 9: Your staying connected matters. That's why, in the rare event of a network outage, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day service for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must be connected to impact tower. Don't set it out it restrictions and exclusions apply. Se eet dot com slash guarantee for full details.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com Slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 14: If you shout how about them cays, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 6: The wins will be even taste here.
Speaker 2: It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 4: Cowboys Vans, We've got big news. Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating locations. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need to power through those long days. So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way.
Speaker 2: Black Rifle Coffee, America's coffee.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here on Talking Cowboys. Let's get to lab code.
Speaker 5: Hi, Patrick, Let's do it fast, all right, brom he was supposed.
Speaker 12: To yes, sing us hurry and he doesn't have to drop ready.
Speaker 8: All right, we're gonna we're gonna talk about this place. We're gonna talk about this. Playoffs were really quickly play off. Yeah, I know, I know fans are wondering. Hey, you know, no, see Isaiah cow Josh, what's the path to the playoffs for the Dallas Cowboys?
Speaker 2: What has to happen?
Speaker 8: I wrote this in this week's Science Lab, which will go up on Dallas Cowboys dot com within the hour, So make sure you check that out because I'm not going to give you everything that's in that column, but I'll give you two key points. The Cowboy always number one. We all know they have to win out. It is unequivocal. You have zero margin for error. You gotta mel again with the Philadelphia Eagles losing to the Los Angeles Chargers, take advantage of it. You have to win these next four games, point blankant period. If you don't, nothing I'm about to say matters. If you do what I'm about to say will matter. That's how it goes. In addition to winning out, the Cowboys need the Eagles to lose. Turns out not to Kyle. They need to lose three oh four games. They need to lose three. They have the Raiders coming up. They got the Commanders twice and they got the Buffalo Bills, so I really think they're gonna drop the rop it against the Buffalo Bills. I think they split with the Commanders. Commanders are looking to play spoiler. Question is can the Commanders sweep or can the Raiders pull a shocking up sit we'll see. Cowboys also need the Bears to lose. No excuse me if the Eagles lose three of the next four and the Cowboys went out. You got the NFC East.
Speaker 2: You got it. That's what you're aiming for, cool beings. Yeah, no, it's two. I have three here, check let's see. So let's yeah, just double check your math. Hold on, and I did. We're a game and a half back. We're game and a half back. So if they lose two and we win, I.
Speaker 8: Wonder if this tie is coming in because I don't. Yeah, that's what between three metrics? Yeh, three metrics, we're two behind them, including the ESPN model has them having to lose three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll confirm. I'm looking at the NFL model. I don't think it's right.
Speaker 8: Okay, so we have a discrepancy between ESPN PFF model and rather we'll see now. But nonetheless, that's fine. You need them to lose at least two, maybe three, we'll see. Y'all looked that up. Now, that'll get you the NFC East title.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: Much more difficult path is if the Bears. You need the Bears to lose three out of four. That'll get you a wild card. If you went out and the Bears collapse, then you can get the wild card. But considering the Bears play the Browns next. I think they walk the Browns. You're hoping that Bear No, I'm not actually, because it's the NFL. You're hoping that the Bears can get a bounce back game against the Packers and don't allow a sweep by the Packers. Then they go against the forty nine Ers and the Lions. So it's possible that the Bears could lose three of the next four Packers, forty nine Ers, Lions after the Browns.
Speaker 2: We'll see if that happens.
Speaker 8: There are two other scenarios that involve the Lions and the forty nine Ers falling backwards and what they need to do as far as it collapse is concerned to help the Cowboys that you got to check out on Science Lab on Dallas Cowboys dot com. But I am going to double check, well not even double quadruple drew, because I triple checked and I had three different models saying.
Speaker 2: Can I when did you look at it last night? In this morning? I pinned this column. When was the date from from when they posted that question? Well too, because it's because Monday night. No, No, it was before Monday. I think I believe it was Tuesday yeah, it's definitely two games. They need to lose two for sure. Even better.
Speaker 4: If they lose two games, they finish at ten and seven. Yeah, and if we went out, if the Cowboys went out, then they are ten to six and one, so the tide.
Speaker 2: So even better. Two games.
Speaker 8: So Cowboys need win four, Eagles lose two. That gives you the NFC East. Cowboys win four, Eagles don't lose two. You look at the Bears, Bears need to lose three or the last four, and it's possible because again, Packers, forty nine Ers, Lions, and then you look at where each of those teams where they're up against when they face the Bears, forty nine Ers vying for to stay in the playoff, Lions will be vying for you know, playoff seating, right, So and we know the Packers are looking to sweep their rivals so they can improve their seating potential.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll see how that goes playoffs.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine the scene at at and T Stadium this weekend if the Raiders, who play the Eagles at noon end up upsetting Philadelphia at noon on Sunday and then by the time everybody gets to a t and T Stadium, Dallas has a chance to be half game out like that would be that it would completely change the entire feeling around the building just by a game.
Speaker 2: That happens halfway across the country.
Speaker 4: It'd be pretty wild if that ends up happening. So go Raiders, Let's go lost. Come on, get it done, baby, Carol will do a thing.
Speaker 2: Come on, Pete.
Speaker 3: Rock Powers.
Speaker 5: Carroll's trying to get a draft pick, buddy, Pete Carroll doesn't.
Speaker 2: No, he would never be talking about that would never happen.
Speaker 8: Oh no, Isaiah takes that information from his guy Pete.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't commit to him. Pete. Pete wanted to recruit him.
Speaker 4: He did, Isaiah said no, He said, no, get your uh, get your workout in today.
Speaker 2: You might get a.
Speaker 4: Call from some of these teams that need a quarterback. Here's three years younger than Philip Mud has him to say about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like, wait, I'm not available.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, Cam, you're not all right for Patrick knows trying as Isaiah stand back, Chris Beam in the back, I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long, we'll see you tomorrow with a say it with your chest Friday going into this matchup on Sunday against the Vikings.
Speaker 2: See you later.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.