Speaker 1: On this episode of the Mess Around, we have a very special guest, Bergie.
Speaker 2: Bug Team Biship. Come on now, let's go, let's go. Lamurne and I talked a lot about it Valentines. We were like, what can we give? That's a love letter to the fans, and from a Winston point of view and a Hannah point of view, there's nothing better than Ferguson.
Speaker 1: I love how you say Winston point of view, but Hannah point of.
Speaker 2: View, well, because Lamarn does not like cats, and it's not like Ceci was that into them either, But if we sit there and you a little meta universe situation, we both somehow are into this cat leaning in.
Speaker 1: Uh, sometimes you gotta lean in, sometimes you gotta lean clean.
Speaker 2: And this is a special drop we're doing. We did a little cool vintage style athletic tea for Team Bishop GOPHERGS and you can find it at the mess Around pod dot com and get your own. Okay, yeah, did the shirt make you stronger?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's what I mean. That's what I was going to say. Why take creatine, why do steroids? Why do any of those things? When you can get this shirt, this makes you look Jack bro This Terry Crews.
Speaker 2: I feel like if Terry Crews tried to put on even like our large, you were just like bust out. There's also I can't show you because which because the whole thing. But you know, our label says babe, you know that it's so cute. And here's the other little detail of our label. If you get a large as a big babe, and if you get a small, it's a little babe.
Speaker 1: You know what I like to do. I like to lay down with a with a babe and then a little babe and a big babe just surrounded me.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, can you see my breath? That cold in here?
Speaker 1: You said something else?
Speaker 2: What the morn? My mom listens to the podcast, will stop being a I just like laughed so hard. I was like, you're very dusty in here.
Speaker 1: Oh you have a ghost? You have a ghost? Yeah? Can I tell you a story before we get before we jump.
Speaker 2: Into the air, Yeah, tell my story.
Speaker 1: I come home in my room, my bedroom spotless, right, just had it cleaned. I just did a whole thing. I did laundry, I did all this stuff right, and I leave I go to this event. I come home. Now there are a few people in my house, My sister's there, Kyle's there, a buddy out of town visiting. But no one goes in my room. Like it's like out of the way to go into someone's bedroom. But I go in there, and as I'm getting like, I'm taking my suit off and I keep walking past my I have like a little sitting area in my room, and I have two couches, like two chairs, like comfortable chairs. One of them is turned on its back and it's a heavy chair. So what I did was like, it's a When I say heavy, I mean it's like it's it takes some effort for you to to actually like turn it upside down. I'm thinking maybe there was an earthquake. Well, I mean, I don't know what happened. And I'm asking, has anyone been in my room. Everyone's saying no, no one knows. I tell this to Alicia, you know Alisha, and she immediately she immediately breaks out the stage and she was like, uh uh hell now ell, She's like, uh, there's a ghost in this house. She lights in the sage just starts walking around saying prayer all through my room. And she got me so paranoid that I started like being suspicious, and I was like, is there a ghost in there? And I'm having conversations with it because I'm like, who who lifted this chair put out his back? I didn't find out the next day, sam my assistant, she has a dog, and the dog, either a strong person or a pit bull can knock that chair over. And that's what happened. She said, Oh I saw it. I just forgot to go.
Speaker 2: And you know what's so funny is my first thought was is man, it was just Alicia. If she brought out that stage that fast, I.
Speaker 1: Thought they were doing a bitch.
Speaker 2: I was like, come on, you were in there being like, you know what, this is a cute spot for a selfie. I'm gonna go take a picture. Oh no, Lamb's home. I'm gonna I knocked over the chair. Shoot he noticed ghost sage anything, but she didn't. You're innocent, Alicia. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: She's innocent. She's innocent, and you.
Speaker 2: Had good intentions.
Speaker 1: But she's still guilty of trying to frighten me in my own you have to.
Speaker 2: Go that far soone trying to haunt and kill you?
Speaker 1: Who is she frightened your boy like that? I don't like to be frightened either.
Speaker 2: I truly I do not watch any scary movies. I don't listen to any scary podcasts. Nothing. Why why do it? Some people love it, though. I remember someone being like, Oh, I go home and like all the weekends I watch like Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's so fun to me, And I'm like, what, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I do? I do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I do. I do enjoy a good scary film, do you really? Yeah? Yeah, Halloween, those are my favorites. No way, Well, here's why I like horror films. Here's why I like horror films. I like horror films because you can learn from the mistakes of the white characters in the films. Yeah, because like the black characters do logical stuff like don't get cast in those movies.
Speaker 2: Or like get killed first.
Speaker 1: Get you either, like I don't want to survive the whole night and then die at the end, Just kill me, get it out of the way. I don't want all the terror and the fright. So black people we know how to die in early. We either know how to not be in those movies, die early, or we know how to run the hell away from the killer. When you watch a scary movie, and you see all of the pitfalls that these characters get themselves into. I take that to real life, you understand, in case Michael Myers comes in my house.
Speaker 2: What I get scared now? And this is a problem with being like in this industry too much. It's not the movie now that scares me. What happens is when I watch it, my brain goes, there was a guy. It's always a guy. There was a guy somewhere sitting in burbank thinking about these things and writing this and then bringing it to life. And that creeps me out more than anything. The idea that somebody was sitting there writing this like horrifying, like came up with it. It's always new, more demented and weird, and there's somebody doing that. That's what I don't like to be like, that's real. The movie's not real, but those thoughts are real in your brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah take that, Darren bosemant scary thoughts.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's a pass, all right. We got to dive in because we're a sister Act two.
Speaker 1: That's right, sister actor. You know episode, If Whoopy Goilberg would have popped up in this.
Speaker 2: Episode, come on, it would have been so great.
Speaker 1: L Lauren Hill. Hell yeah, but this is Sister too, Sister too. Yeah, this is a fun one. Uh. Directed by Bill Purple, of course, the great Bill Ryan Cohen Love Roquet two of us.
Speaker 2: Bill Purple, for those of you don't know, was our first ad. He was our first assistant director for many many, many, many many years on New Girl, and then yeah, I got a chance of directing. This is his episode Love You Bill.
Speaker 1: He directs a lot of stuff, guys. Okay, so shall we dive in? All right? In this episode, Abby announces she's making the loft her permanent home, which means Nick, who famously cannot tell the lie, has to take care of her while Jess looks for a new place for Abby. Meanwhile, Winston you know, sex Machine, is anxious about checking the results of his lapd entrance exam, so to distract himself, he books Coach as his personal trainer for the day. To make things even more awkward for everyone, Abby and Schmid have started doing nasty stuff to each other. I'm talking melted chocolate ropes, bondage apples. Minu's actually sounds pretty good and maybe even just as glasses.
Speaker 2: It just makes me hungry. Listen to it. I know I like apples, all right, ok twenty twenty vision. I don't know what the problem is here.
Speaker 1: Nothing like Bondage on Ice.
Speaker 2: That was like an ice Capitch, we're a sex.
Speaker 1: The Crypto Center Bondage on Ice featuring all your favorite BDSM characters.
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay, we're doing great, you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, all right, okay, so let's go to a quick break and when we come back, we'll die, right it.
Speaker 3: Okay in Bondage.
Speaker 2: Laughing today for no reason because you know what it is. We run out of things. Yes, and at some point it's possible, oh yeah, that someone's going to be like, oh I think I got a money making idea.
Speaker 1: That gimp just did a triple sow cow.
Speaker 2: It's just like the coldest environment where everybody's gonna be like it's gonna dressing leather. Maybe they will be freezing. I don't know. I don't know what it looks like. Okay, all right, oh gosh, okay, let's get into the episode. Don't get distracted.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we start the episode off of sky Knife. You have replace sky Knife it?
Speaker 2: Did you know what it looked like? It looked like, you know, the water bottle thing that everybody was doing to toss it to see if it can get upright. It's just that with knives, like just a flip, you gotta get the flip right. It's a bit more dangerous, a little more dangerous for sure, But if you have a designated area and you're throwing it far enough, you just can't be As they then discover in this moment in the scene in the drop zone, the drop zone needs to be clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's time we start this episode. A knife is falling from the ceiling as just comes in and you know she's about to She's about to bite the big one until Nick, like a hero that he is, dives and he tackles her, saving her life. Now the boys, Uh just tells the boys that Abby, she's just causing chaos and it's only been one week. Yeah, I think that's true to uh, you know, not everyone, but you've ever had a visitor that just you know, you can see it, you can see it before it happens, and then when they get there, you're like I told you, and then it's happening in real time and I'm talking about you.
Speaker 2: Like this is the person that's coming in and making a racket. This is the part that's crazy because I can relate to Jess so much and maybe it's just like that. I don't know what it is, like some people are just built that way where everybody else can seem to have a good time with the situation. Like Abby's not bumping the boys, they're just like, she's fine, cool, don't mind her at all. But it's she just Jess can just see that this is not okay. It's making things more chaotic, more out of control, and it's just not working for her. But it's hard when you see it and nobody else sees it. Yeah, Yeah, that's what's going on this whole episode. She's just like, I feel highly uncomfortable. I can't relax. This woman makes me crazy. And the guys are just like, I don't mind cool to me. Horrible, dynamic, horrible because now you've got to convince people and you're the soul warrior. Oh yes, you're on a mission alone, girl.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Let's see what else is happening in this episode. Winston Winston is Winston.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. When she walks up Linda Cardelini and she was just like, what are you doing looking up how to eat a bagel? Here's what I noticed at the end of that little interaction between Abby and Winston, when he starts to panic because she does that failure talk right, and then you like walk out, she eats your bagel, And I was like, oh, is that just her doing one of her like little mind fuck things, you know what I mean, Like, ooh, that looks like a delicious bagel. I'm going to just hit him where it hurts, make him all get tied up and leave, and I need his bagel. Like she wasn't actually giving him insight what's going on? She was just playing him to get a bagel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was scheming the whole time.
Speaker 2: That's right, just because she wanted to.
Speaker 1: She wanted his snack, yeah, which is which is great, It's.
Speaker 2: Kind of fairy good. He fell for it. It was so he could have walked away with his bagel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but to be fair, he had to go to a sandwich meeting. So according to him, so he so he had he had other other he had bred in other places.
Speaker 2: Taking his carbs and roads.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm still trying to forget what was happening in this moment while Nick had pantyhose over his head practicing robbing a bank.
Speaker 2: What's that movie? It's from a famous Pacino movie. I feel like that moment, I felt like he was doing a reenactment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I haven't this misconception.
Speaker 2: About somebody a fan show me cut aside by side of like that moment, and it's isn't it like an old Pacino movie where he's got like the pantyhose over his head or de Niro movie and it's exactly that.
Speaker 1: And you're falling around. You're falling victim to what the rest of the world is falling victim to? Everyone they asked me this question often because everyone thinks I am a Pacino specialist. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't point Is it in point break when they just shove the panios over their head?
Speaker 1: It could be point break, because that's not pos not in Point break, though.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm just trying to go out and go through all the bank robber movies now iconic bank robber movies.
Speaker 1: John Q, is it, Pepe?
Speaker 2: What's happening all right? Anyway? It's very funny, but I feel like it's he's doing like an homage to someone, Like he's like, you know, living out a little moment from a favorite movie. But while he gets caught.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dir, why they gotta be dirty?
Speaker 2: That was the thing, right when She's like, I hope those are clean, and he's like enough and I'm like, okay, what's really happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But while he's while this is happening, you know, just comes in and and needs his help. She's like, hey, I need you to help me figure out what to do it app but he doesn't want to get in the middle of it. They get distracted because Winston comes in because he's trying to distract himself. I don't know, this is so this it's such a silly running gag that he just doesn't want to check his scores, which I thought was odd, but they played it through the entire episode. So he's trying to procrastinate and yeah, that's a and then he shoots that message over to coach as well, and we'll get to that point later.
Speaker 2: I feel like, are you like that at all? Because I'm like that if I know, like I'm waiting on news. And then it's like the text come through the email comes through with the results of it or the answer to it. I like, all of a sudden, well stall. If it's something I'm really hopeful for, I'll stall. I'll do everything I can to not look at it. I'll like put my phone away for the day, and then go finally at the end of the night go to check it. I don't know what it is. Sometimes I just i'd rather if I really want something or I'm hopeful for something, there's a moment where it still exists in the waiting, I guess, and then the moment you out it's either disappointing and you have to deal with that or exciting because it happened, and I don't like to rush it.
Speaker 1: So no, not me. I'm like, check it immediately.
Speaker 2: Need now.
Speaker 1: He had to get it out of the way, you know. Especially let me tell you something. You ever go get one of those checkups from your doctor and then they say, oh, man, this don't look good. You know, we ran your blood and uh, I don't know. And then you come back and you get the results back and they wait the doctor. The doctor will call you and go listen the morning, so, uh yeah, got your results back and uh, well, well all good. You're all good negative like, oh shit, I'm not dying.
Speaker 2: Nope, I really don't. I don't appreciate that the weird like, hey, how you doing so all right? So you know how we took that. We're like, we know we're here. I've been anxious waiting for you to just say, open with it. I don't need the format.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's part of the doctor handbook anyway.
Speaker 2: This is where I relate, not only with puzzles and cats, but with the procrastinating on finding out news. This is my Winston coming out for sure, so I could relate to this very daily, very deeply. I also love the fact that like Nick just can't lie and he's trying to be like on board and be a good boyfriend, but like, this is the worst job. And I will say I feel like Jess kind of set him up for to fail. She knows him, she knows he's not the guy. Don't give him that responsibility. Oh yeah, it's not his strong suit.
Speaker 1: Don't what you thought? So I thought the whole time, I was like, is she dumb? Why would she do that? If she's really trying to accomplish something, don't don't don't do that? Worst person get nicknames for him. Sweatback, that is what that is. Upon saying sweatback, that was his nickname.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like the Maya Angelou things. Right, So someone shows you who they are, believe them. Nick has shown you with his sweaty.
Speaker 1: Back is I'm just gonna call him sweaty back.
Speaker 2: Sweat it is that because he would sweat. That was that whole thing. Because I remember Joey Purla from Wardrobe having to come out with a spray bottle and Jake Johnson having to like.
Speaker 1: But you're missing You're missing what I'm saying here, Hannah, sweat back.
Speaker 4: I just thought the.
Speaker 2: Problem was that written.
Speaker 1: I just thought about it.
Speaker 2: I don't think I don't think it was that like that was like the literal thing. But I don't think that was the nickname.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that. I think that was the nickname. I think it's a.
Speaker 2: Descript Oh gosh, someone on read it, help us.
Speaker 1: I think that's a descript what as upon saying it out loud, I'm going that's the script. Anyway.
Speaker 2: I think it was like your bat, you get a sweaty back. But I don't think they ever call him the thing.
Speaker 1: Oh I hope not.
Speaker 2: I don't think somebody had to catch that because that would beat not's okay.
Speaker 1: Well, no one's. No one said anything over the years, like fans or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's why I think it was like a description, but not like a name calling. Anyway. Back to Winston's pizza body, what are.
Speaker 1: You talking about?
Speaker 2: That's what he says. I'm here with his pizza body.
Speaker 1: Pizza.
Speaker 2: I know exactly what caused the situation. Also, wow, like wow, Winston, Yeah, wow, you couldn't read the room. Coach is like figuring it out, having a great time.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what coach is doing. No, no, no, because I'm not not getting the past because that's not what you do. I know she was into it, but that's not what you do. You don't. You don't abuse that job, that title as personal trainer. If your job is to stretch people out, you don't take advantage and then just you know, go and stretch him out.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was taking good She seemed to be like this seemed to be a very consensual flirt in the job. What was weird at the end though, when she's just like fine, I'm a to go get like Jimmy the trainer to take me for a year, and I'm like, you just have a trainer thing, like, is.
Speaker 1: This what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Girl? Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Control something?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I honestly I did laugh out loud, and it was so great when I don't know how they did it. I don't know if they sped it up or if you really are that quick. But when your feet just popped into frame, it was so fast. I'm like, that's not humanly possible to like throw your feet up that fast.
Speaker 1: Fun fact, not my feet, No way, my feet. I think we shot that on separate sides, got it?
Speaker 2: Got it? That kind of makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not. It was so fast. But you see how you how why the legs got my legs stretch? My legs stretch like.
Speaker 2: I need stunts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: My flexibility is not at this level.
Speaker 1: Oh no, especially back then.
Speaker 4: M M.
Speaker 1: That was all muscle.
Speaker 2: Because wait a second here it says in our notes Winston says that here's your he's there to train to get rid of his pizza baby. I heard it as pizza body.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know why I corrected you just now, but you didn't listen. You wanted to hear what you wanted to It's pizza baby, it's pizza bait.
Speaker 2: I got to rewatch on the rewatch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because pizza body. It's literally just his belly. So he's rocking it like a baby. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I guess I can hear it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he had these there's not pizza about that, you know, different muscles on top of muscles. Shout out to Eddie, Eddie. As we see coach is you know, he's pretty much trying to well, Whinston's trying to be distracted by being trained by coach doing a tandem train, but Winston's kind of hogging all the attention and she gets upset, like you say, and she goes away. Coach then decides, you know what, this is getting ridiculous, this is out of hand. You're gonna check the score.
Speaker 2: You're gonna because he knows from a mile away what Winston's trying to do, which is also kind of refreshing that he's like, I wonder why he's just like stop it. I know you well enough, you're dodging, you're doing diving.
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, but then let's go let's go over to Nick for a second. Abbey at the Nick obviously agrees to take on this task of babysitting Abbey, and they go to the car museum, which.
Speaker 2: It's the Peterson Car Museum where we had our Prince rap party.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yes, I know.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about that because I was like, huh that we did that rap party. We did that rap party at that I'm trying to think, no at the after that episode. No, wouldn't it be at the end of our season. So I was like, we obviously used it as a location in this episode, right, and then we're like.
Speaker 1: Huh, guess what great place for a party?
Speaker 2: Great place for our party? I will say I probably go to the Peterson once. I love the Peterson Car Museum really, I love it.
Speaker 1: Are the new old cars there that you haven't seen?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, they do a whole They have a whole way Mo exhibit there right now where you can like simulate being in one of those driverless cars. It's really interesting. They have a whole vault downstairs that changes with people's personal private collections of cars. Interesting. Yeah, it's super interesting. Also, like prototypes of like really cool like invented cars with like I don't know, all sorts of different things on it that like never actually went into production. There's only one offs of them. It's fun. I never knew that they have a whole lowrider exhibit right now with the coolest lowriders from like all over. It's phenomenal. It's a really fun day.
Speaker 1: When you first moved to California and you dated a crip.
Speaker 2: No, I have never, but I feel like this exhibit bit is one of the best that's probably ever been put on in the world. It's been there for about eight months because it's done so well, maybe even longer. So at some point they're probably gonna yank it. So the Peterson Man and we get a tiny glimpse of it in this episode of this Museum. It's right across from the Lacma, so it's kind of fun to go to the Lakma see some art and then hop over and see all the cars and stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh, very very nice culcha art and cars two things I do not care about.
Speaker 2: That's also not true. It's so not true. You always have You've always had the nicest cars of anyone on this cast. You always had the best cars I.
Speaker 1: Do like cars.
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 1: What am I talking about?
Speaker 2: All right? So here she is by the way, because I've gone to this museum many times. Just as like a person going to the museum watching Linda Cardelini jump up on a car. When the actress goes like, we should have tasers, I was like, yeah you should. That's not okay. She can't jump up on the card scratch it. Ooh, what's that?
Speaker 1: I have cars everywhere. I'm just saying, this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You should go to the Peterson today.
Speaker 1: I don't trust people named Peterson.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, mister Peterson.
Speaker 1: Oh you know so interesting about the the the woman who worked there, Yeah, the car museum, the car museum. Her name is Gwen van dam She's so funny, and she passed away December nineteenth, if last year, this past this past December nineteenth, So God bless you, Gwen van Damn.
Speaker 2: You were so funny in this episode. I will say I didn't know where that was going. I was hoping it wasn't going the direction it did. I thought you were going to say, that is Jean's mom.
Speaker 1: No, not John, there was Jean's mom.
Speaker 2: I thought, oh, that's cool. She got her moment. That's cool.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yeah, she was great. She was great.
Speaker 2: She was great in that episode. Also, what a funny moment for to be like, I love crazy crazy women are my hurt locker. One of my favorite lines. I was like, that's so smart, and he's like, I got it, and then the confidence with which he thinks he got it, and then she can see, oh great, perfect, You're gonna be the way I'm gonna I'm gonna screw Jess over because you're that dumb that you think I'm gonna just like go for a taco. I love that little like out foxing. That was like another theme in this episode when you know Nick is like I got out foxed. Yeah, right, with a reverse psychology moment. And then this happens again with the sister, which I kind of love too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, did you I mean, this is a question I guess for the fans if when Schmid showed up, did you see it going in this direction? Did you see? I mean, we all know how the episode ends. They are doing nasty stuff to each other.
Speaker 2: She has a fond moscato vibe like she does. He does like very strong alpha women that are crazy, so as you gets to know Abby and then that happens you kind of go like a kind of that's definitely Schmid's wheelhouse for a woman. That makes sense. I believe that that that's genuine on his part, just going for an insane woman with a tendency for violence. Yes, and control. Remember the boss like the news with too Like that just seems to be his type. So it's perfectly on brand for Schmidt.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely good. And then also yes, he he's pretty bossy.
Speaker 2: I mean season's pretty bossy. Yeah, she doesn't take shit. He likes all of that. He likes being put in his place. Speaking of CC, she is with Jess looking at an apartment on the Sly and Man, it was so like looking at the apartment they were looking at, I was like, that just looks like my first apartment when I moved to lah Where was Where.
Speaker 1: Was your first place?
Speaker 2: Classic apartment? I lived for many, many years, you know this on sweetser. I lived on sweet Well, the first place I ever moved in. I lived on the first floor of a woman's.
Speaker 1: House, A strange woman's house, A.
Speaker 2: Strange woman's house. I lived on the first floor of her house.
Speaker 1: Did she have I.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I do remember it being very strange. It never felt quite comfortable. And then I got my first apartment after a year and it was yeah, and it was down on Sweetser and uh sweets her in third and I love that apartment. I was there forever. But it was a really tiny little apartment that had a it's a fun little story. It had a giant billboard, like digital billboard right outside, and I was always like, you know, I moved to LA, couldn't get any jobs, and just like this blasting of digital light would kind of come through the window, and I just felt like it was in some sort of weird David Lynch movie. I was like, this feels weird and crol because all I want to do is act, and I keep seeing these pictures like it in I'm trying to watch TV and figure out my life and I will never ever forget in twenty eleven, sitting on my couch and my entire apartment was bathed in yellow from the New Girl billboard. Oh yeah, And that was a really weird moment where it didn't feel real. That's dope, that's cool anyway I thought about it. I haven't thought about that in a long time, but I remembered it watching Ceci and Jesco look at this little apartment, you know, in La and you ask all the questions you do if you're gonna have a girl live there by yourself, Like who else lives in this building? And what's around here? And how safe is it? Any murderers going lightly? Yeah, murders and creeps? Could we just like got a little checklist here, and he's like gay veterans and she was like, guess sold. The other line that cracked me up so much is like the only red flag she saw right was sold. And I wrote it down because it made me laugh. It's like there's a Russian grocer and Abby's got a bit of a thing for ethnic white people. I don't know why that made me laugh, just thought of them in the writer's.
Speaker 1: Room being like this ethnic white.
Speaker 2: The genius of New Girls, sometimes saying things that I've never heard before, catching you off garden, making white people before never also just like as a thing that would enrage a white woman. Yes, it is the funniest part of it, like a Russian grocer.
Speaker 1: Off nowadays white women hate white people.
Speaker 2: Alter it on its head, Oh my gosh, okay, all right. So oh, now Coach and Winston are at the cafe right because he found out he failed. Yeah, but this is the part that, Hm, this is the dumbest I swear. When I watched this scene, I was like, is Winston okay? I thought we'd figured out Winston and in this scene, I'm like, they're still trying to figure out Winston. What does Winston say?
Speaker 1: He it's not okay, are you talking? Which part are you talking about? At the wait? Wait, which part are you talking about? He said that women shouldn't handle money. What he's doing.
Speaker 2: He says the things that I'm like, okay, he says, and I'm like, oh, it's just me because he's like, I hate standing up, i hate standing up, I'm bad with numbers. I'm like, okay, it's this cute.
Speaker 1: And then he says, and with the bottom of my heart, I really woman shouldn't be able to handle money.
Speaker 2: So the fact that the cafe owner just goes doesn't like dismiss him right there, and he's like, okay, we'll just keep going. And I was like, that's you should not hire Winston. Did you just not hear what he said? He's just like an openly sexist dude. At this point, what's happenings panicking and saying words.
Speaker 1: That's also he's panicking and just saying words. That's one hundred percent what he's doing. I do believe that was a written joke from from love. It was in an alt pack, I want to say, and I was selling a bunch of stuff, but I think that one ended up sticking.
Speaker 2: The delivery is so funny because it truly felt like a confession from a lunatics from somebody like left his body at that point. And now something's taken over and he doesn't know what's happening, and the way Damon's back is reacting happening, oh man.
Speaker 1: But it's Upon further review, the interviewer notices that one, this is going poorly, but two he didn't even fill out the other side of the application.
Speaker 2: But then this response from Winston, he just got sick.
Speaker 1: I didn't fail. I'm just careless, you bitch crazy? Why did he apologies? He apologized afterwards, Hey, let's go to a quick break and when we come back, we will dive back into.
Speaker 4: A bunch of foolishness with a bunch of stupid people, and.
Speaker 1: We are back, We're back. They're at dinner. I think it's already established now at this point that Abby and Schmidt are doing it. They're doing the bondage stuff. They're doing the nasty stuff, the chocolate, the apples, all the all of the things. So now they're at the house at the loft I should say, across the hall, and they're having a dinner. Jess is thinking, you know, this is about to be the moment where I come out and we proposed this.
Speaker 2: Idea to her and thought the plan has gone great. It's just Nick, Abby and Jess at dinner. She's written him some lines. She's found the apartment. She's gonna plant the seed because Nick has not told her all the stuff that has happened that day. So she's like, this is great. Until Schmidt walks in and sits down and starts what Abby starts giving him The special? Is that what it's called?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The Special? I was like, Oh, and the way Max just loses vision in the biggest wide eyed stare and grits his teeth is one of the I caught me so off guard and I started laughing so hard. I was so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Perfect, perfect acting.
Speaker 1: I love when he said I've probably cut even a little fastward than the scene, but I love what he says, don't look at me, deliy or look directly at me.
Speaker 2: And Nick does. He makes it twice, crying out him and I'm like, this is truly the love affair of the show. My lord, Oh my god, my lord. So then there's just like a big crack that kind of happens and just cracks wide open and goes into full radical honesty. She just kind of like lays it all out there, kind of tears into her sister, says, I cannot have you living here right. I do want to fix you, that is what I'm trying to do. And she just kind of fully unloads on her sister. And it's actually kind of like quite cathartic and therapeutic to like watch this scene between the sisters, except for Jess doesn't realize she's about to get played hard because the sister has been one step ahead the entire time. Oh yeah yeah. And so Abby says, no problem, I'll move out totally great and just thinks she's got the win. But she does not, No, she does not, because Schmidt goes she says, I'm gonna go go move in with Schmidt. He almost like gets whiplash. What and then and she's like, we'll have sex all the time, and he's like, done, perfect roommate, let's go gosh.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm so experienced in life and I've been around the block, you know what I mean. I'm a well traveled man. That wouldn't entice me all the time. I'd be like yeah, and what else.
Speaker 2: The funniest thing is the role play too, to be like Schmid's gonna be Jess and Abby will be nick. I can see it. That's the problem. I can see that that would be a thing for him, that he'd be like, this is great, this works for me. That's what gets me just stands God, yeah, that's gross. Gross. Now we're at the police station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Winston in coach. They're sitting down with the officer there.
Speaker 2: But this is also the stupidest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: It's so dumb, so dumb. He's like, hey, listen, I forgot to fill out the other half the backside of the police application. And he informs them that the application is entirely administered on a computer. There is no backside, which wins wouldn't know because he did it.
Speaker 2: Did the exam.
Speaker 1: That boy yet dumb.
Speaker 2: He just straight and failed. That's all that happened there.
Speaker 1: That's wild to me. Anyway, Winston's having a moment. He's having a bit of a freak out moment. And then coach tells Winston, hey, man, listen, he hit right bottom, bro, But that's the words it's going to get. And then he Winston marches back up to the officer and tells him how it's been his dream to be a police officer, which I don't think is accurate because he his dream was to be a basketball player. It might have been a more recent dream, but you know. And that he says, no one's going to get in his way. I want to take this test again, and he tells another one coming up soon. Then Winsday halts immediately. It says, hold on, man, what part of my what part of my test score? Let you know I'll be ready that suit.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like there's one tomorrow at seven am. Part of my desk makes you think of it? Ready to take this test in twelve hours. But then he's like, I'll be there.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it. You gotta do it, you gotta show up.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a sweet moment between just and Nick and she's like, finally they both kind of tell the truth. She says, I'm sorry that my family's totally crazy, and Nick then goes like, well, you know my family, they're you know, out of control. I've got an uncle. What is it say? Is God given name is shifty. Then they try to play sky knife and she nearly impales herself and dies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so not for them.
Speaker 2: And then this amazing moment in the elevator between Abby, who knows cops quite well yes, and Wins, who discovers that there's male prostitute the funniest button in the world prostitutes. Like that's his takeaway. I like how sweet he is too to be like, well, if I saw something wrong going on, cop, I would tell the cops.
Speaker 1: And she's like, what is like, no, Stippy, put you on lingerie and put your.
Speaker 2: Next unbelievable, also so scary. Sometimes the show does like share things like that where.
Speaker 1: I'm like, maybe I shouldn't screw up truly.
Speaker 2: I was like, huh, who on our writing staff knew that? Like what that's a real thing. I realized how naive I can be on certain things.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hanna, let's go to a quick break and we come back. I feel like messing around a little bit.
Speaker 4: It's been a dry month.
Speaker 1: And we are back.
Speaker 2: Babe. We jinxed ourselves with the babe.
Speaker 1: Yow me at PEPSI.
Speaker 2: It's so funny watching kids like play jinks. So they'll just be like jinks lamar like they say the other person's name immediately. Please don't talk to me, Please keep playing with me. Take some work you you can talk again. I saved you. Oh my gosh, all right, du mes uck round. Okay, what's the worst job interview you've ever had? What happened? So many?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I had I found a time. I'm going to keep it in the entertainment space. I had an audition for a show called Mike and Molly to be a series regular on the first season on CBS. That's right. And I remember prepping, prepping, prepping, and I remember going in for this audition and I hadn't like, I hadn't like planned. Here's my thing. I don't I don't know a lot of faces, a lot of like industry folks, or I just never at that time, I never looked them up. And I remember the night before saying, you know, I'm just going to google these people, the people that are in the room right and what they've done, and you know what shows they've created. Maybe that would give me a better insight on style of performance in the audition. And I get there and I look it up. This is something I don't do and it's my rule. And I go in and here's the reason why I don't do that. I walk in and I'm ready to go. And then sitting in the room with two people casting director and Chuck Lury, and I wish I did not know what Chuck Lury looked like, because I see his like, I know who Chuck Lry. I mean, I once I looked it up, I was like, oh, two and a half men, this show that show boom boom boom. And I freaked out and got nervous. And when I say I had such a bad audition that by the time I got in to my car, an agent had already called and left a voicemail on my phone asking me what happened.
Speaker 2: They're like, Laburne game in here. We thinking had a stroke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was like he was, I mean, I did, I was saying, I was repeating the words, I was blanking, I was black.
Speaker 2: It's weird when you go out of your body and you're watching yourself choke and you're just like, what am I doing? Stop? Stop this whole thing. But you can't stop it now because now you're outside of your body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you're a full spin.
Speaker 2: Oh that's brutal. I was going to tell you about a bad job interview I had for like working at Starbucks. But I'll tell you. But the mine's a little mine's sad. A little sad. Is that okay? But it's about an audition. Oh okay, all right, it's gonna say. I'm just you know, people don't trigger warnings.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: It's a sad one. I remember it was for Fast and Furious, an audition for Fast and Furio, and it was for the girl that was going I don't know what number it was, but it was like the girl that was going to be basically at the end, like the tag of the whole thing. But that means if you're that girl in the tag of the whole thing in the next Fast and Furious, you're like part of the cast if that makes sense. It was like a big thing. But for this movie, you're just gonna be right at the end with Vin, I think, and then like you're gonna go into the series I Love Fast and Furious. So I was like, okay, great, so and they're like, yep, you know, Hannah's perfect. She's like, she's got all the things we need. This is great. Have her come in and do the thing. And there's not really tiny audition, not much to say because you're in this one tiny scene. So great, So I go in to do it. As I am walking down the hall, right, I get a phone call and my grandma had died. Oh no, And it was out of the blue. And I loved her so much, my Grandma Mary. And I was like, and then they're like ready for you. And I walked in and I just she just had this amazing life and I loved her so much, and I hadn't seen her in a little bit and I was in, you know, and they were talking to me. But you know, usually you go in, you're like, Hi, oh my god, it's excited to be here. And you got a funny story you share, you know, that's part of your audition. It's also just you being you going in and being able to turn it on, and you know, like there's a moe of shock before you can grieve when you lose somebody. And I was just in that shock moment, and so then I came out, and I think they were just like, man, she's very serious, a very.
Speaker 1: Serious woman, fast and serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right. And I remember getting in the car knowing just like you just said, and I was just like, wow, that's not happening. But I was like, man, it's such a weird thing in these auditions where you feel that kind of level of pressure, but real life also happens that you can't walk in to be like, hey, I just found out this news and I'm still a human being. Can I got back to I just want to take a second. And I didn't, you know, I didn't have that confidence within myself to be able to like explain it or say it, because there's this weird thing in our industry where you're just supposed to always be able to turn it on, yeah, and it's it's not always possible, and in that moment, it was impossible for me. And I definitely just like choked the entire audition, but not that I was like so emotional. I was just like fully out of my body, going like, oh gosh, we just like I lost one of my favorite people. Yeah, yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 1: If anyone you should have told him, because if anybody understands family, come on.
Speaker 2: Now, you're right. Anyway, it all worked out for a Gal Gado, So it was okay, Gal got the role. You could have been wader woman. You know what I'm saying. What can I tell you? Different plans? Gal Gadot got that rolling fast and furious. You could, man, Gal throw me about and put me in something, no idea? All right, all right? Ever had to kick out a family member for staying too long at your place? Oh my gosh. I have family that loves to come and be like I'm here for like a month, and I never kicked them out. I'm so happy to have my family around me. I'm like obsessed with my family. I have a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah me, No, I've never had to do that. I like my family being around.
Speaker 2: Yeah me too, Like stay longer, don't go, please stay. Yeah, I get to be a baby, a baby cool cool you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Never, never, It's never been I mean I've had and I don't even say friends or anything like that either. I just people stay from time to time, and you know, it's it's all good. I'm never home.
Speaker 2: So somebody's here. Because somebody's here checking the locks and flushing the toilets.
Speaker 1: Great, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried to set up a sibling with a friend of yours?
Speaker 1: No? Oh, hell no, keep that. Keep that shit out of my family. My friends are gross.
Speaker 2: I remember a very dear friend of mine. I won't say his name, but you know him. And he was doing really well at the company at a company he was working in, rising up the ranks. It's a you know, a very big, fancy company, lots of billions of dollars in it, and he was rising up the ranks. He was doing great in this company. And then the boss, like the owner of this company, has a little sister, and he met her at some like big party that they had for the company, and he was dating her. He decided to start dating her, and I remember saying to my friend, was like, you better marry her. That's your only choice now, man, you better marry this girl, and you better be the best husband in the entire world. They sure love and he married her and they have kids, and it's like really beautiful and he's all in with the family. But it was one of those moments where you're just like, you're dating the sibling of your boss, Like, this is not a place you get to make mistakes. And I've known you too long. You can make some mistake.
Speaker 1: I know this person you do.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you later. But it was just such a funny moment where I was like, you better get it together. And we all were kind of watching, you know, like all our friends just watching him, like she'd always come around, and she was so nice and gorgeous, and I was just like, this is like on so many levels, like a slam dung for you. This is so great. She's so good for you, just as a human being. And he actually did the right thing and he got it together and it was really cool. She was great for him. But I remember being like, you're either going to have the best life of your life or you're gonna get fired and never work again.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, I know I know you're talking about.
Speaker 2: All right you guys, well, sister ACTU wait what did you say?
Speaker 1: And Kim.
Speaker 2: Rose up the ranks married her. They made so many mistakes.
Speaker 1: At best show.
Speaker 2: This is our show, you guys. I'm telling you, I'm so excited. As someone who has always been like a vintage hunter for like cool athletic T shirts, it was so cool for Loamrn and I to design this love letter to you fans, the mess Around T shirt starring Yes Go First Team Bishop. This T shirt available at the mess around pod dot com. Get yours, get yours quick, Please tag us, post us, put your cat in the shirt. We want to see it, we want to share it. We love you. More cool things coming at you. Follow us at the mess Around pod on ig. Send us your questions and videos at the mess Around Pod at gmail dot com. Sister Act three next week with Lemourne and I Peace. That was the mess Around in iHeartMedia Production.
Speaker 1: Our executive produce ucer is Joel Monique. Our senior producer is Abu Zafar Bei Wang provided engineering and editing services.
Speaker 2: Additional production from Daniel Goodman, Wendy Heisler, and Kyle Shevron. Our theme song was written and composed by Ronald Jukebox Jackson.
Speaker 1: Catch you next time. Bye,