Speaker 1: It's McKinnon in motion, there's Kelsey. There's a touchdown Kansas City about third and five another blitz. Hurts takes it right up the gun. Touchdown Eagles. And if Jalen Hurts was touched on that run to the end zone, it wasn't much that was well handled. The second down and ten good protection eared out found Scantling dropped it.
Speaker 2: Patrick's Mahomes is one of the very great quarterbacks in the history of the sport, but tonight was another reminder that even a magnificent single caller cannot do it alone. He needs help. I'm talking to you, Mark has Veldaz Scantling, but you're not alone. Mahomes and the Kansas City offense once again goes silent in the second half. One of the truly weird factoids of this twenty twenty three season, and it allows the Eagles to take a twenty one seventeen win in Arrowhead behind two Jalen Hurts touchdowns, including one in the fourth quarter that put them the head four good. The Super Bowl rematch lived up to the hype. Dan Hans is here with Greg Rosenthal and Mark Sessler and Mark, Yeah, the Eagles they deserve all the credit in the world, but what people are gonna be talking about when they wake up tomorrow is the Chiefs and their inability to support this great quarterback and the wide receivers that got them beat If you remember, it feels like a million years ago, got them beaten Week one against the lines with all those drops by Kadarius Tony happened again in primetime here and it continues to be a major subplot of the season.
Speaker 3: Yep, it counted tonight in a big way.
Speaker 4: You know, They've been so good at working their way out of jams, and I came out of the first half thinking that Andy Reid and his creativity and his ability to work around some of their weaknesses in a tough weather game. They ran for like one hundred and twenty one yards. It looked like they were just going to dominate both sides of the line, and I think for me, the floor started to fall in in the third quarter. It was seventeen to seven. The Chiefs are in control. They're driving, and there is a pass from Mahomes to Justin Watson, who's meant to be on a go route, and he runs sort of a winding hesitant path and it goes over. It's well over his head. It's a bad route by Justin Watson. Had they had a true deep threat, it would be twenty four to seven at that point. And I think at that point the game changes and off they're off and running, and the MVS thing later and on. It's like they lack an element to their offense. You had a couple drops from Travis Kelce in this as well, and it got put into a huge fuble in a huge fumble, and it's like the Eagles, you know, this was already an immense challenge for them, even at home, and to let them back into the game I think exposed exactly what you said, they're missing elements in this offense, and it allowed Philadelphia to come back, get in the comfortable position, and start to do what you knew they were going to do with that enough time, which is make a couple of big plays and turn it around.
Speaker 5: Right. The receiver issue for the Eagles, I mean that the Chiefs this season is getting to like an insane level. But it's not just the receivers. It's Mahomes a little bit huge red zone turnover tonight and he's had just a couple of surprising interceptions. It's pre snap penalties that they're among the league leaders in that they were second worst in the NFL and second half scoring this year, and I'm with you, I was impressed by the first half game plan and everything like that. I'm losing my voice. I apologize, guys. But when mvs drops that pass late, you think it's over. After Patrick Mahomes he gets the intentional ground and after the quick pressure on fourth and twenty five, and then Mahomes throws an even better pass on fourth down and Justin Watson drops that. Watson had three massive drops. How many times tonight did they go to Watson in a huge spot? And I'm thinking Justin Watson was Tom Brady's number six receiver in Tampa and he's acting like the one here and Travis Kelce had him at a terrible night. I know he had a couple catches on that final drive, but he had that fumble. There was a play that called for him to jump in the air and he got like about as high off the ground as Vince Wolfer coud it like it was like it was a night where I saw those quotes from Travis Kelce today that said he's thinking about retirement because of all the you know, the damage done to his body, and I thought watching him tonight, it's like, I get it. He's been through a lot, and you do feel like they're just they're just spackling it together even though they look like the better team, Dan for most of the night. That's why I'm not panicking about this team, because they did out gain the Eagles by one hundred and they looked like the better team. But it's just something's funky here.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. Yeah, the and I agree with you on Kelsey, and we talked, We've been talking about it all year, but what really They won the Super Bowl last year. They had a top three offense last year, and a lot of that was predicated on the greatness of Travis Kelsey, who had one of the statistically one of the best seasons ever by a tight end last year. And he is hardly the problem. But when a game like this where he does he's looking, you know, he doesn't look quite like he has the same juice, and he has that huge third down drop. He kind of redeems himself late in the fourth quarter with the fourth and two reception to wipe out his drop, but he also had that massive fumble for a team that is averaging and this this is a season filled with Wonkee stats, the Chiefs averaging less than six points a game in the second half this year. With Patrick Mahomes and Andrew calling plays.
Speaker 5: And a good offensive line and a good offensive.
Speaker 2: Line and a solid running back in Isaiah Pachenko, I mean, they have absolutely compromised their title defense by not putting a better supporting cast around him. And you could guarantee the Chiefs are gonna work hard on that in the offseason. But in the here and now, there's still seven to three. You still kind of feel good about them jockeying for the number one seed in the AFC. But you know, how many of these games now are we going to see where there's just not enough explosiveness on the offense even take out the drops. How many times in this game is it taking Patrick Mahomes three receptions to get ten yards? You know, like everything is underneath and check down and he's trying to make his magic. And then when he finally and I'm watching the game with my brother and my dad, he finally is able to really on cork one and it's that beautiful ball to MVS and it wasn't a perfect throw, but it was pretty close. There's certainly one that should catch. And that's kind of his that was what he was known for. U's kind of what got him run in Green Bay. But you gotta say the Chiefs management and Andy Reid, like they brought him in, They brought in MVS and they brought in these other wide receivers that aren't getting the job done. So that is just something to keep an eye on going forward. Is there a way to fix this offense? Because I don't know if there's a route going forward. It's now heading towards December.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's it's too late to assume that can happen. I mean, I kind of it's like we trust the coaching staff. You trust Mahomes to do something more than you'd expect with whoever's around him. But to your point, Dan, they've scored one fourth quarter touchdown all year. That's a typical for the Chiefs and what you think of Mahomes. And to your point, Greg, like Watson had eleven targets tonight and just five catches. It wasn't like he was, you know, making a lot of production out of that, and I think it kind of wasted because along with the first half running game, it's like we are looking at a really special Steve Spagnolo led Chiefs defense that held, you know, the Eagles and Jalen Hurts to twenty passing yards in the first half. They couldn't do anything on third down. They were sacked five times. Trent McDuffie's all over the place, Chris Jones is on fire, and it all vanishes because you'd expect that part of the ball, Mahomes and the offense to take care of business, and they flitted it away. And it's just like, it's such a shame because about ten minutes away from them having an incredible defense of the Super Bowl rematch, and it's like we're talking about something else entirely.
Speaker 2: Right, Greg AJ Brown AJ Brown one catch for eight yards.
Speaker 5: Well, it was so the weather. You know, if you guys didn't watch this game, if you're listening to it, you know the next morning in the UK or wherever. The rain I think was a pretty big part and why I think the receivers all had terrible nights. It felt like all the receivers were taking turns selling out their quarterback Jalen Hurts. His first interception comes on a play where aj Brown completely changes the route in the middle of it. He goes deep when Hurts has no way to see him because a quick pressure gets intercepted because of aj Brown, who also doesn't make a good play on a one on one play in the end zone. That is kind of AJ Brown's bread and butter and was on a good ball and he just judged it poorly. So like the receivers were playing poorly all night. But I do give the Eagles defense or offense a little bit of credit here because ultimately it felt like they were out of it and their defense kept getting three and outs to start that third quarter. Then they put together a quick strike touchdown drive, and then right when it's going against them, Travis Kelce, you know, they get that fumble and what I think was the key play of the game until the NBS drop fourth and four. Andy Reid at his forty yard line chooses to punt it in the fourth quarter, and the football guys don't like that. Danny. The football guys don't like it, so they make that bouncing punt go into the end zone. Two plays later, the Eagles have already made up that punt yardage. Four plays later, they're in the end zone and they got the lead. So as great as the Chiefs defense is, it's still defense. And if you give the Eagles enough chances over and over, I give the Eagles some credit. They kept going back to those screen passes. It was driving me crazy, but finally they hit one with DeAndre Swift and then DeVante Smith, who was getting open all night, he gets deep and Jalen Hurts hits him with the nice goal.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 4: I wrote in my notes that on that fourth and four punt in Eagles territory, I think was the thirty nine or something like that, like Greg is gonna go nuts off this, Yeah, netted only nineteen yards and then that is like that was just like the second or third it was, and just letting them back into the game. And like, I mean, give some credit to the way that DeAndre Swift ran tonight. And then suddenly you started to see Hurts do it on the ground too, and that drive changed everything. It's just like these key mistakes and that punt decision was so atypical for twenty twenty three. No matter what school of thought you're in it's like, be aggressive and attack because you've got the greatest quarterback in the league and you can make a play here no matter what's happened. And I thought that was just kind of like handing a chance back to an aggressive Eagles offense to say, come do what you can do, and they did it.
Speaker 5: It's why you need good receivers, Dan, because they eat only one receiver had a great night tonight, but it's really important to have high level players at that position.
Speaker 2: A J.
Speaker 5: Brown couldn't get it done, but it was DeVonta Smith. I think it was ultimately talent that sort of won out there for the Eagles that saved them.
Speaker 3: And they did without Dalla Scottter too.
Speaker 2: He made that he made a big catchdown field the forty one yard game. So I don't know. I mean, yeah, you could say it was the weather and it certainly wasn't great, but a lot of these drops, man, you just you just gotta and it was. It was a great, great environment. I thought, you know, despite the weather, like it felt like a huge game. It felt like a playoff game. And I have to give some credit. I don't really like doing this and I don't know why, but I also don't think I'm alone. I know Keith Hanss feels this as well. Oh, Nick Sirianni annoys me for some reason. It is something about him. He just I just feel like a little kind of he's a rascal that guy to love him for the same reason why I probably annoy you, but I like it. Yeah, I could see why you would like him. But I think a lot of people feel the same way with some of his history. Onics on the sidewalkline, and he's just got that face. He's got one of those faces. But having there but oh whatever, a lot of everybody's having fun. But something about him, you know, he's just a little tweaker. He's a little tweaker, is what he is. But I will say this, you got to give him credit because you know this is not and you know, if MVS makes that catch whatever, maybe it's a different story. It probably is.
Speaker 5: Maybe he goes go down and score. By the way the.
Speaker 2: Chiefs, I think the Chiefs would have won the game. I think there was that big a drop by m VS. One that can define seasons. But he lost his offensive coordinator Shansneich, and he lost his defensive coordinator Gan and and this team is nine and one, and Siriani obviously has a good eye for talent for his coaching staff, and he knows what he's doing. And I don't know if he gets enough credit maybe because everybody, like except for great kind of agrees and he's just kind of annoying. You just want to just something just like swat him sometimes. But he is very good at this, and that's part of their success as well. They just have a very strong team that's built for these crucible type games and moments. And you saw it again tonight.
Speaker 4: That I thought that Sirianni, though, is the sort of a lightning rod who taught taught us a lesson that if you come in as a coach and your own social media staff does you dirty by making you look like a fool, and when you come prancing around the building on that opening sort of tour, and then you turn out to be a great coach who you're right, they lost two good coordinators who look like good coaches themselves. That's like a talent drain, and Sirianni's kept it together.
Speaker 3: And I like Sirianni.
Speaker 4: I might be in the middle of you two, but I kind of like I understand like the tears and all that stuff and some of the looks on the sideline, But like, I think he fits the Eagles and they get out.
Speaker 5: Of the man for crowd during the national anthem.
Speaker 3: Oh no, he definitely, he definitely fits that.
Speaker 2: He definitely fits Philadelphia. I'll say that. Yeah, I'll leave it there.
Speaker 5: He's a little he's a little extra. I definitely can mark.
Speaker 2: Don't just want to give him a little slap though, just a little wit something.
Speaker 4: So I just think he's grown on me because like something about the like the Eagles used to kind of annoy me in general. I couldn't quite place it. And he's made me a fan of them because of kind of what they did tonight to get out of the jams they were in. And he comes up with solutions. Well, but I know what you're saying.
Speaker 5: They're really showing that they because it's so hard to come back from, you know, making the Super Bowl and losing it and to come back and be nine and one despite not always playing their best, and this gave that feeling too. They got out gained by one hundred yards. But they've been in a lot of different situations this year. They were down big to the commander. I know it's the Commanders, but they were down big to the Commanders a couple of times. Won those games. They've shown they can. They're really good at front runners, but they're also good in coming from behind. This was a game and if I was a Chiefs fan, I actually do take a lot of positives out of this game. I think they won the line of scrimmage for the most part on both sides of the ball against Philadelphia. It's very impressive, like Mahomes was protected well. You mentioned the rushing yards in the first half. It did dry up a little bit, Mark, but it was partly because they went away from the run. I was impressed and I thought it was telling. Andy Reid went into the bye week. Everyone's what's he gonna do when he comes out of the by. He's the magician coming out of the by, and kind of what he did was like, actually, we can run the ball. We have no explosive plays. We're just gonna be methodical and count on our defense and we're gonna run the ball. And they did that very well, and for them to get a lot more pressure on Hurts. They had five sacks in the first half. They won that matchup. Chris Jones was awesome for the most part. I know they ended up losing this game, but those are pretty good underlying signs that actually this Chiefs team up front probably as the best O line D line combination they've ever had, and maybe the best O line D line combination in the entire NFL. Plus Patrick Mahomes, that's still a lot to work with. Even yeah, you got some issues.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, and that was on display tonight, But I would also say that it's not like untrue what we talked about before, like you've got issues at wide receiver and we're not sure we're rat with Travis Kelce, Like it leaves Mahomes on an island, and you're not gonna win every one of these matchups different ways. Spag Nola is one of the reasons they had five sacks too. It's like they in that first half, like, I mean, he's scheming them up so well, and like other teams can't do that against the Eagles.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, ball on.
Speaker 5: Third and short, they weren't doing these crazy plays. They were just handing the ball off and they were gaining big yards. I was like, this is this is progress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next week the bill. The Eagles get the Bills at home on Sunday and the Chiefs are in Vegas for the Raiders. So there you go. And I was thinking now that I'm thinking about a little bit more. Mark. Think of it like a long leather glove, right, and you take it off finger by finger, and then you're holding it by like kind of the base of it, and you're just like whack him in the face and you go just stop it.
Speaker 4: Oh, like an old timey woman's like nineteen forty smack with her glove, like in the rain.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's just like, just stop it.
Speaker 5: I don't understand what people want out of their coaches. I mean, if they're just standing there and they're boring, they're too boring. He's out there living like he's living his life. He's leaving it all out there on the field. I like it.
Speaker 3: There could be some are envy going on here too.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that it's controversial to think Nick Sirianni is a good entertainment.
Speaker 2: You're siding with a mass agitator. Greg. I totally get why.
Speaker 5: I will admit he is almost the exact example of the type of guy that like, if he's if he's your coach, you love him. If he's on your team, you love him. And if not, maybe you're If you're against him, he would drive you crazy. Against I'm a closet. So I enjoyed them quite a bit.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, great game. Wouldn't mind seeing them play again in February. How about that? Oh, what's that?
Speaker 5: We had a we had a lockoff for this for tonight.
Speaker 2: We had a chief shaking his head. That's not a good sign.
Speaker 5: We had a chief pick for Mark and the Cincinnati Zoo staying uh, staying on Greg's heels.
Speaker 2: Here they lock up the Eagles, man, I can't remember, and that's a bad beat. Mark. Just know that I probably would have won my fantasy matchup of mvs. Catches that ball. So we're both a little annoyed about how the end of that game played out. But but I gotta say the west Brothers and and uh with the zoo keeper Uh, Nick Westling. Greg is run away with this thing. But at the same time, I can't remember the last time in the Westling Brothers loss, I said, aren't they on a mighty streak of their own?
Speaker 5: I'm not running away, they're they're right there, two back with with ten to play or whatever that's not.
Speaker 2: Would that be delicious if that came him down to the that would be last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: It'd be good for the show.
Speaker 4: And I like, I was thinking about this tonight as I was watching the Chiefs fade off to the distance along with my lock, Like I do take consolation. Do you remember back in twenty sixteen? Of course you will. You remember how fourth place turned out and who got fourth place?
Speaker 3: That you remember. I'm sorry, I don't know exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: No one.
Speaker 4: No one is like in nine. No one is going to remember my fate in this contest.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 4: I can walk around and Greg, I know that you can drive to the local Wendy's with your lock trophy and they're going to give you all your food at half price. I'm sure that's how it works. But you know, outside of our little bubble, and I do enjoy I'm sure. I'm just you know, I'm hitting out, but like I'm getting my butt kicked in the Locks tournament, and I'm you know, I'm trying.
Speaker 3: To look at it from a large like a larger view.
Speaker 2: It's it has no meaning ong night, my Tannebaum could like go to the friendlies in Western mass and talk about how amazing it is with Greg's lock trophy.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm losing my touch because I was I was straight root and hard for the Eagles tonight. If I had, if I had known, I guess that it was nixt team, maybe it would have changed my mind.
Speaker 2: Oh what a what a showdown that one.
Speaker 5: I'm always I'm always always pro Eagles. What a team.
Speaker 2: And I saw Nick did did do a little trash talk in that In that thread, it looks like Mark, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, no so and I and I you know, it's it's good to be competitive. But like the literally the minute the game ended, he sent like three lock, like you know icons.
Speaker 3: I was like, all right, you had that thing planned for like twenty minutes. I get it. But that's fine. And I are not very confrontational with each other. I mean we're passive.
Speaker 5: Well, it's sounding like you got under your skin just like just a little.
Speaker 2: I was little.
Speaker 4: I was ended tonight, like any chance of me doing anything ended tonight.
Speaker 2: I think there's kind of like the the lock competition. Now as we headed, you know, deeper into the second half. It's like two Siriani's going off against each other, only one could be on top at the end.
Speaker 5: There are no winners in that competition. I do want to say before we moved totally off this game, I actually think the Chiefs have as good or better chance to get the one seed than the Eagles. Despite this loss, this was a bigger win I think for the Eagles. It was a bigger game I think for the Eagles than it would have been for the Chiefs just because of the schedules. That's it. I mean, they've survived the start of this gauntlet by beating Dallas and by beating Kansas City. But it remains very hard that Detroit's only one game back. San Francisco's hanging around, Dallas is hanging around in Kansas City schedule. The rest of the season is Cupcake City. The only tough game really is is home for Buffalo, which is not a game that you know that they're going to be underdogs or anything. You know they're playing at the Chargers week eighteen. Everyone's gonna have their bags packed for the Chargers by that point, Like I could see that the Chiefs either winning now or only having four losses, and I know they're not the one seed tonight. It's the Ravens technically, but the Chiefs have a very good chance to be the ones.
Speaker 2: Looks like you're coming around on my take on the podcast last week. Well, there's no good teams in the FC. So this Chiefs team with literally zero fireworks that averages five points a game in the second half, Yeah, they could get the one seed.
Speaker 5: They have a great defense, a great head coach, a great quarterback in a great offensive line. So yes they have they have one pretty big weakness, you know, scoring points in the second.
Speaker 2: But then.
Speaker 3: Your Ragions will still win the Super Bowl as a second seed.
Speaker 5: Then when you look back at teams that win the Super Bowl, they're usually like thirteen and four. Sometimes they're twelve and five. You know, it's like they got to lose some games for that to happen. You know, it happens.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a break and when we come back, we'll hit the news and then get on out of here. All right, we are back. All right, Let's see, let's see, let's see, let's see, let's see. Let's hit some news, starting with my more abund New York Jets who are having historically poor offensive season, and on Monday, they finally made the move that a lot of Jets fans have been asking for for weeks and weeks. Zach Wilson is on the bench once more, not just demoted to second string. He is now third on the depth chart, behind Tim Boyle, who will start on Friday against the Dolphins in the Black Friday Game at Medlife Stadium, and Trevor Simeon who had been signed from the practice squad and he will be the backup. So Wilson is the emergency quarterback and quite possibly, and you know, this guy's got more lives than a cat, but quite possibly he has played his last game as a Jet. Here is Robert Sala talking about the draft process and what they might have done different back in one.
Speaker 1: Robert, what do you believe you guys could have done differently during the draft process when evaluating the quarterback position?
Speaker 2: You know what, I actually, I've got my thoughts. I've shared him, but I'm not going to get into it here with you guys. Is that is a very strange, strange, strange answer from Sala, who you know, has been a little inconsistent around this quarterback quite frankly, he went from supporting him deeply and fully as recently as you know about seven days ago to now with kind of that weird non answer and using language that teams tend to use when they've given up on a QB, like I think he can be a good player, you know, insinuating wherever that may be, but it won't be here. So that is a move that Jets had to make. I was raging guys about I don't know if I could watch another game and everyone should be fired if that guy is even on the field in the second half on against the Bills. So they did bench him in that game, and now they move him out of the picture. It's just all too little, too late, in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, well, you've clearly given up on him when he's the third quarterback behind Tim Boyle and Trevor Simeon. That's pretty dark. I mean, there's a non zero chance Zach Wilson never starts a game in the NFL again. I mean there's a non zero chance he's out of the league in two or three years. It happened to Blake Bortles, another top five pick. He'll get another chance on another team. Certainly, but it'd be a surprise if he ever played for the Jets again. And and part of the issue is that it's Tim Boyle next or it's Simeon who is only on the team because he didn't make the Bengals, And like Tim Boyle is one of Aaron Rodgers' best friends, it's hard not to just find it bizarre that one of Aaron Rodgers' best friends is, you know, running playing quarterback with Aaron Rodgers' favorite play caller calling the plays. It's just like it's a little much.
Speaker 4: This is another example of when in the press conference the coach starts to use words and speak in a tone. I mean, there's clear frustration, like you're basically back where you were a year ago with Zach Wilson, and organizationally, like I think a more like let's just take a fresh look at what we're doing. And we're bringing in Aaron Rodgers. There's an opportunity to get us strong backup. And they spoke so strongly about sticking up for Zach Wilson and what he could be behind Aaron Rodgers. He's gonna sit there, you know, danger free for two years and learn that's cool, But that's not how most of these seasons work for most of these teams. And I feel when I hear Sala speak that, like Joe Douglas and Sala and filling the blank quarterback, Aaron Rodgers and ownership are just not on the same page. And Sala's the one having to take it up there verbally. Now I know he's also been inconsistent, but like he just sounds like unempowered, and I don't I just I think also he's looking at a quarterback that very likely could cost a lot of people in that organization jobs very soon.
Speaker 2: I'll leave it here, and this is to Woody and Douglas and Tasala and Hackett, and even a little bit to Aaron Rodgers. I'll quote the joker, you get what you deserve, and now let's see if you get to keep your job at the end of the season, because they could get a lot worse before it gets better. Moving on, the San Francisco forty nine Ers have lost a big piece. Also, my guy you may return remember from last year, Telenoa Hufanga is out for the year with a torn acl on his right knee. Suffered the injury against the Bucks on Sunday, and that is a big piece of their secondary Greg that goes to the wayside until twenty twenty four, So a challenge for San Francisco's defense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought he made progress this year too. Last year, I know, he was a second team All Pro, but there were a lot of big time plays and he was giving up a lot of big time plays. And this year he was more consistent and he still was making the big play. So he just has a physical edge back there. It's really the weakest part of their team, I would say in general, is their secondary, and so that's losing a big part of it. They drafted a guy, Gyre Brown, I think it was the second round. It was a surprise pick. He came in on Sunday and made some plays. Everyone was excited about him. So that's one where they're drafting. Their development will have to be spot on in the early returns at least. How he played Sunday, we're pretty good.
Speaker 3: And we talked like about how the Bucks.
Speaker 4: You know, clearly it was like would have been a lot for them to come back and take a lead in that game, but they kept knocking on the door and they were right down by the end.
Speaker 2: Zone.
Speaker 4: There was a tip pass and Jyra Brown picked it off, and it's like, all right, there's a start.
Speaker 3: There, and I think there's some promise with him.
Speaker 4: But like the Niners, I trust to like lose guys and like find a way back in.
Speaker 5: Dan, I have a point of correction. You go ahead, third round pick, and we strive to be accurate here.
Speaker 2: That's very important. I would give you a really touchy high five if I was with you right now. Joey Bosa of the Chargers limped off the field against the Packers on Sunday with a foot injury. He got carded. He had the towel in his face and it all looked very bad and it's not good. Not maybe end of the season bad, but it could be. Joey Bosa has a right footspra which sounds awfully close that dreaded Harlot, that fluozy, that scorpion woman Liz Frank. But I'm not seeing that as a term connected to this injury. But it's a footsprain, so he's likely headed to injured reserve, Brandon Staley said Monday, which would put him out at least the next four games, and it will be determined Staley said, if Bosa plays again this season, Greg, this has been part of the Joey Bosa experience, and you know it's gonna be for whether it's the Chargers or whomever else that's gonna give him a massive contract because he's an elite player when it comes to doing what he does best and getting to the quarterback. But you know, this is a tough injury for a Chargers defense that already stinks, and it really is frustrating because pos has missed a lot of time in his career.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I went and did the numbers randomly earlier this year because they started thinking about it. This is his ninth season in This will be the sixth time in nine seasons I believe that he failed to top what's the number four hundred, five hundred and fifty snaps, which would consider like a part time player. If you play half the snaps, it's about five five hundred. So he has been less than a part time player, less than half the snaps in six of his nine seasons. He he's had a great theoretical career. It would you feel for it for him, and you certainly feel for the Chargers. He gave him all that money, but he really hasn't had the career kind of that's in your head that that you think that he had, because he just he just hasn't been on the field enough. And I do suspect that they'll move on from him in the offseason.
Speaker 3: Well, and we don't know who who who like they is at this point too, it's Tlesco.
Speaker 5: He's well, yeah, right, and I'm just saying he's been there forever.
Speaker 4: He's got as probably safe but like it's is he was there partially or this time around now for Brandon Stilly's defense as well. He's got a thirty six million dollar cap hit next year and he's not that easy to trade unless you to take him some dead money.
Speaker 3: But we'll see, he's got zero guaranteed.
Speaker 5: This is crazy. It's crazy that like three seasons in a nine season career where he really stayed healthy.
Speaker 2: Other injury news better injury news. The Ravens told reporters on Sunday that they thought Mark Andrews the season was over after the ankle injury that he suffered against the Bengal and that Bengals it was a Thursday injury excuse me. In their thirty four to twenty win. Harbaugh gave a surprise update on the tight end Monday, saying there's a quote outside chance they see him again. Let's hear from John.
Speaker 6: Nothing's completely definitive yet. But my understanding is in talking with our trainer and the doctors is that it wasn't as bad as initially feared right after the game. That there is there is the type of damage that's done sometimes and that kind of an action what happens to the ankle, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. It's a little cleaner than they thought based on the MRI. He's gonna be involved with doctor Anderson down there in Carolina Charlotte here next few days and that we'll know more. But there might be an outside chance you could get back at some point in time. So we'll just have to see how that goes on. And I want to say that's definitive by stretch, but there is some optimism.
Speaker 2: Mark. Does this take too strong? The Ravens cannot win the Super Bowl without Mark Andrews on the field.
Speaker 4: No, I think he's the north Star. But I also the minute I heard this news, I had a vision of like, we're gonna be tracking this for weeks and like he will suit up and appear in time for like the crucial, you know, final game of the regular season or their playoff game. I can see that already, and I have another you know, I have a suspicion. You know how people have questioned if Shakespeare was actually like maybe a collection of twelve to fifteen writers, you know, he was writing like massive.
Speaker 3: Plays, like every week.
Speaker 4: Doctor Andrews, I'm convinced is just like a legal firm of like twenty two doctors that do surgeries every week.
Speaker 3: Go back.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many years, how many surgeries does this guy do. He's the busiest guy in the league. Everyone goes to him. I wouldn't be convinced that there were if it was seven to eight people all, you know, collecting massive paychecks.
Speaker 5: Well, ever since Neil Architroge or whatever, el Archiro.
Speaker 2: His name is Neil Ela Troch okay.
Speaker 5: Bro next, So you got it. I've never said that name before, and I realized I had no idea how to say it. But I've just seen it. Those guys they hate each other. They see each other at the golf course and he's like Andrews, that guy he's old tro Elatroje is bringing in the new the new blood I did Tom Brady's knee.
Speaker 2: Tough sitch. When those guys are battling out, driving up past each other and they're like porsches.
Speaker 5: The guys, they are likely they'll be fine in the meeting.
Speaker 2: Great. Who do the Seahawks get on Thursday Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: They got the forty nine ers Thursday night.
Speaker 2: All right, that's a tough one, Ovs. And they expect Gino Smith, who banged up his elbow in the loss of the Rams, to be on the field. So that's a good thing. And I'm going to double this one up. Mark, who's the backup quarterback of the Browns presently.
Speaker 4: Well, it sounds like it's going to be Joe Flacco very soon and maybe PJ. Walker hits the skids behind dtr.
Speaker 2: Right right now, technically it's PJ Walker, But Joe Flacco, old stone Pony himself has Stone age Pony himself has signed with the Cleveland practice squad. You know, we've been covering Joe Flacco for a long time, but I will tell you this, Joe Flacco has got a special skill at this point in his career, and it is getting hit in the pocket and fumbling the ball. So I hope, Mark, for your sake, we do not see Joe Flacco on the field in meaningful snaps, because that man is a human fumble machine.
Speaker 4: I do love that when the Browns tweeted it out, they went out of their way to the image of Joe Flacco in a Jets jersey. There's no way they're going to tweet out Flacco. And he was like he had outside of Big Ben. He had the greatest quarterbacks starting record against the Browns of anyone ever in the modern times. And it just seems like an ill fit to me. And he's also roughly fifty six years old, so we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: Can I know, Can I just throw out there, Mark, you may remember, you may not. Joe Flacco one of the most unlikely Jet wins and team history one to zero against the Cleveland Browns as a New York Jet last season.
Speaker 4: I guess you bring him in for his information about what he can do for the Browns. From the inside, I'm not sure what's happening here.
Speaker 5: They do play the Jets later in a potential DTR versus Tim Boyle Primetime showdown bench me. I honestly would not be surprised if it's Joe Flacco by then, because A it's just hard to stay healthy as a quarterback and so we don't know if the Browns will be able to stay healthy, and b just depending on how it goes man this offense that they're putting together with DTR, it's just they're starting from the ground floor and they're they're putting different and at some point they just might want to see how it looks with someone with experience. It just wouldn't shock you if at some point Joe Flacco plays for them. But I'm with you, I'd rather just see Ditiargo.
Speaker 2: The Patriots will decide they're starting in quarterback in week twelve and perhaps beyond after sharing reps in practice this week. That is depressing between Belly Zappi and of course Mac Jones, unless there's another guy in the mix. Greg, you can help me out.
Speaker 5: With that there is. I actually think Will Greer I would put money on Will Gear starting games this season. Maybe not this week, but this season.
Speaker 2: Will Greer and Tim Boyle making up fifty percent of the AFC's quarterbacks. That's rough. And finally, the NFL has suspended fourteen year veteran. That's unbelievable. Fourteen years. Kareem Jackson's been smoking guys on the field, and he was suspended without pay four games for repeated violations of player Safe Your Rules, the result of a pretty vicious hit on Josh Dobbs in Denver's twenty one to twenty win on Sunday, Mark, you were saying to me that real man football is missing, and and you celebrate hits like that. That's what you said to me privately. Do you still believe that now that we're sharing conversation in public?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Why would I back down from that take? That is so honest for me. He just came back from a suspension, just appealed like another four literal he suspended.
Speaker 5: Again, suspended, played two games. It's like Mark's always like, hey, why don't you just put them in a skirt. It's like that a little message, you know.
Speaker 2: How about a little flag football.
Speaker 4: At this point, I thought our text threads were private, but here they are just getting vertal on.
Speaker 5: People were going wild on that Fletcher Cox hit on Patrick Mahomes on that last drive, which which set up that MBS hit which was. It was borderline, but I wasn't gonna go crazy about it.
Speaker 2: All right. And finally before we say goodbye, because it's absurd. You know, I grew up on the East Coast, but you know, it's been a long time since I've been watching prime time on the East Coast. And we're taping this at twelve eighteen in the morning. You have a flight to catch in the morning.
Speaker 5: Actually, I want to go back to the whole Will Grier Zappi mac Jones thing for a while because what it really says about the Patriots dynasty that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mark, you know, the Browns had another stirring win in week eleven, and they are they are charging hard in the AFC, and they want to let people know, the people who doubt them know, Hey, we might be down our star running back, we might be without our quarterback, but we're still here and they're going to stick it to the people who doubted them, people like Eric this bizarre Cess Spice combination. I mean, you got to check out the YouTube. You've got to check out the YouTube. But they did the old thing with the sent out the tweet. I'm not being we can't see what the rounds tweet is based on what we're seeing around. But no, that was the whole thing, the old, the old screen grab of all the game preview picks, and there it is, Cess Spike Sesspike is picking a sixteen thirteen Steelers win, and it just you know, Mark, I don't even know what else to say, but I'll throw it to you.
Speaker 4: I largely handed the operation over to the extremely knowledgeable spice Rack in this case. You know, I let him make some of you know, if he if he feels strongly, I'm gonna go with it.
Speaker 3: I would say, that's.
Speaker 5: All right there, Brandon Staley, your name's on it. Let's take no it is.
Speaker 4: But I would say that's a bad job by the by the Browns with that tweet, because I get those things all the time. It's like when everyone picked Team A to win. I mean, I'm a part of that.
Speaker 2: Crew that about.
Speaker 3: Half the people picked Cleveland though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't understand it, but Brown social media needs to work on it. Half the people picked Cleveland in a game between two six and three teams.
Speaker 2: All that points out is that, and look, Nick Shook's there, he picked his home town team by Tom. But let's just let's call a spade a spade. You know, if you're gonna hand over the operation to someone else, Mark, maybe somebody that's capable, because it looks like spice Rack might be in over his head.
Speaker 4: I think spice Rack went like, you know, fourteen and one the week before, so I don't you know, we're you know, it's more than learning.
Speaker 2: Check the data on that as well. It sounds like something let's set the classic Sessler inflation, right.
Speaker 5: I think what you really need to do is go check out my picks on game debut, Mark, and you'll see I picked the Browns and maybe I'm the biggest Browns fan now. In the Around the NFL podcast, we got rid of your old creep creepy quarterback, and uh, I'm on the train. I picked them in a nice little victory way to go.
Speaker 4: Greg, You're a valiant individual and there's no end to that, to that ability of yours.
Speaker 2: Greg. Does the name Barry Horowitz mean anything to you?
Speaker 5: Actually?
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can look him up on wikiped the real ones.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: All right, good stuff. I gotta go catch a bird and I'll see you guys on Wednesday we'll be back. It's a it's a holiday week here in the States, Thanksgiving on Thursday, so the schedule for us actually is pretty similar. Now it's different actually, because the NFL must own every day possible, especially during the holiday season. So we got we're gonna do our full preview of week twelve on the Wednesday show, and then Thursday we will enjoy time with our families and watch all the football. And then Friday, we'll have you caught up to date with the recaps of the Thanksgiving games and also the Black Friday Affair, the very very Black Friday Affair of the New York Jets against the Miami Dolphins, and of course the Flagship Show will return again on Sunday. That's it. That's the schedule, Sestag. You're back in the saddle and there's no getting off.
Speaker 4: Baby, I'm in control, Sez the cal