Speaker 1: Well, yeah, Wlita.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of a motto honey, or a motto mummy or a moto puppy?
Speaker 1: You know, like, have you ever been a thrill chaser?
Speaker 3: Totally?
Speaker 4: It started when I was three years old with my daddy. Oh my god, you would take me in the front of his motorcycle.
Speaker 3: I was so thrilled.
Speaker 4: Of course, Then when men came around, yeah, I would a little leather hear, a little spanky there, I mean on the chair, and oh, if.
Speaker 3: You can picture it, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I feel like I want to say, unfortunately I can picture it.
Speaker 3: But but have you been a biker boy.
Speaker 2: No, I'm more of a scooter sized guy, a little cutie, a little noodle cutie, more scooter, you know, razor scooter. I was like my left leg in there and just like zoom through the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: But that's where I stayed.
Speaker 2: After that, I didn't graduate to a much more thrill seeking adventure. I scream a little bit when I'm gon vespa, but.
Speaker 3: That's still exciting on two wheels.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I actually love vespas. Yeah, they're they're.
Speaker 1: Great welcome listeners. This is date my a Wilita.
Speaker 2: First, I am your host the Vico or Thiefs, joined by the multi talented A Wilita Liliana Monte. She's gonna sort through three lovelorn contestants before sending one of them off on a one on one date with our star dater.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm so excited. Let's meet our main dater this week. What do you think? I think she will be my favorite? Are you always say that, Liliana? It sounds good because they are all perfect.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's me.
Speaker 3: Who am I helping with love today?
Speaker 2: Our main dater this week is Sonia. Sonia is truly young at heart, she says. All the younger lesbians hit on her at the bars. Sonia lives in Long Beach and loves riding her bike and even meets up with a group of lesbians who ride on Sundays and call themselves the Lesbian Little Rascals.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, wow, I want to meet these little rascals.
Speaker 2: Sonia is looking for her forever and is trying to really take her time to acknowledge red flags. Oh, that is a tough one to go through.
Speaker 4: There's always a few of them out there always.
Speaker 2: She is looking for emotionally mature women and sees meditation, spirituality in being able to communicate when something is not going well as an indicator of emotional maturity.
Speaker 1: Hells, yes, we love to hear that she is.
Speaker 2: Old school and the way that she will pay for the date will open the door.
Speaker 1: And considers herself a gentle woman.
Speaker 2: Sonia's love language is quality time and for someone to woo Sonia, they should notice the little things.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, pay attention out there.
Speaker 1: All right, So what do you say?
Speaker 2: Should we find Sonya someone who can pay attention to the details and go on a ride with her.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, let's do it.
Speaker 1: So yes, welcome Sonya, come on, hello, Hello, Hi? Are you doing so good to see you? We're so excited to get to know you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You said you're looking for your forever.
Speaker 2: Right, I am and really trying to make time to acknowledge red flags.
Speaker 1: What does that look like for you?
Speaker 6: You know what? I'm just gonna be honest.
Speaker 7: I no longer like try and be intimate with anyone immediately because that can blind me.
Speaker 4: To to yes, little blinder song, they come on immediately.
Speaker 6: I've never been married. I would like to be married.
Speaker 7: So I'm really taking my time in building a friendship and finding someone who's compatible with me and emotionally mature.
Speaker 3: Mm mmmmm mmm mmm what you're going to know now?
Speaker 4: You said you're looking for an emotionally mature woman, So please tell me what are the characteristics for you that make up an emotionally mature woman.
Speaker 7: You know one of my favorite sayings that I'm a lady of many sayings, is a relationship success isn't determined on how well you get along. I actually get along well with a lot of people. It's how well you disagree, and that, for me, is an indicator if we can go the next step. Once you have that disagreement, how do you process what you're feeling?
Speaker 6: Do you emotionally shut down?
Speaker 7: Which you know some people need their time to process what they're going through.
Speaker 6: But explain that to me.
Speaker 7: You know, I need some time to think and then I can come back to you and conversate. But to shut down and then never discuss it again, which I find so many women do. They talk, and then no one talks about the actual issue until it comes up again. So I'm no longer going to deal with that type of madness. I want to see how people process when they're angry. You know, I'm not the type that's going to tolerate any type of drama, so to speak. That's why I think spirituality is important. Someone who knows about meditation, who really has done some healing, who's really explored themselves, then I don't have to worry that they may not know how to have a difficult conversation with me, because they're going to be aware of where they're coming from. All I can do is be aware of where I'm coming from and be honest with my feelings and take into consideration their feelings.
Speaker 6: And work through it.
Speaker 7: It's not always about being right, it's about coming to an agreement, a solution, so to speak.
Speaker 6: So that's why to me, spirituality.
Speaker 7: However that looks to them because that's such a broad term, But I need to know they know how to do the work when they're angry, when they're emotional.
Speaker 6: You know, I need someone mature.
Speaker 4: Now, Sonia us old school gals have to stick together.
Speaker 3: So what does chivalry mean to you?
Speaker 7: Chivalry means to me, And it doesn't have to be a male or female.
Speaker 6: It obviously can be both.
Speaker 7: It's opening the door or it's you know, I pay for most of the dates, but you know, on the flip.
Speaker 3: Wait, when are we going to dinner?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 7: Wait on the flip with my partner to maybe cook for me or take me out sometimes. But I am that one that's gonna be thoughtful. I'm gonna make the coffee for you in the morning. I'm gonna, you know, make sure your towels warm when you get out of the shower. I'm really dorky that way, and I just want to take care of my person a warm towel.
Speaker 2: Would you say acts of service is one of your love languages?
Speaker 6: I absolutely am acts of service.
Speaker 1: What other love language do you like to receive?
Speaker 7: I love quality time, and that's another thing with dating at my age. My son is an adult now, so I do help take care of my mom, my elderly mom, but I still have quite a bit of time. And of course I have a lot of friends, but I don't want to spend all my time with my friends no more. I love my friends are always going to be there. I want my person and I want someone that ask time to be there, live life together.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm looking for. So I'm going to go on this journey with me.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I know that you grew up in the LA Area, correct, yes, and that you have a lot of friends from childhood. That that was the hardest people to come out to explain that to me.
Speaker 7: Why even harder than my parents was coming out to my best friends. Because they're a couple, a man and a woman. I introduced them in high school. They have been together thirty million years together. He is my friend since we were like three and four years old. And he's a macho construction man, old school I mean, but he's a good guy. He's my best friend. Of course, his heart is amazing. But they knew and told me before I came out to them. So I was living with my first partner, my baby mama. To them, she was my best friend roommate, and we went out one night and me and her were having a discussion of where we left the money or the wallet or something, and I guess she overheard it and she wrote me a letter. My best friend wrote me a letter and basically said that she knew I was gay and that you know, it's okay, and and part of it was she's very funny. Part of it was how come you never hit on me? But that it was all good. And I remember thinking, how dumb was I? You know how dumb was I.
Speaker 6: Of course they loved me for who I am.
Speaker 7: And at work, it too was a little difficult because so many people knew me as straight. And then the woman I came out with, she also was straight from work, so that was challenging.
Speaker 3: Sonia.
Speaker 4: Of course they knew you from a lifetime, so of course they knew they were just waiting for you.
Speaker 3: But what was that fear of telling them?
Speaker 7: I guess I thought they may not be part of my life anymore, or that they would judge me.
Speaker 6: I guess I knew that they wouldn't.
Speaker 7: It's just I was just gonna play dumb because I was out everywhere else. I just wasn't out with them. And to this day I have that letter. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that. I want to know about more about your relationships. What have you learned from your long term relationships? What are some things that you are like? Oh, I love that, and I want to see that in a future partnership. And what are some things that you're like?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 2: I see this as a pattern, and I don't want to see that anymore.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty good with most of my exes.
Speaker 7: I consider myself to really only have three three nine year relationships. That's kind of my point, but I no longer want it to be my point. I'm going to say two of them I probably should have left after year three, but we want to talk about that. What I did learn is I'm no longer accepting really bad behavior just because.
Speaker 6: I love them.
Speaker 7: You know what I learned. I want to date someone that really doesn't heavily drink. That's what I've learned out of most of my relationships. Someone that heavily drinks. I think that that's okay. You know, you go out and party here and there, but some of the drinks a lot. You know, when you argue, it gets different, it's challenging. I'm past all that, So that's one thing that I've learned, and just really take my time and build a friendship. Because the one relationship that I speak of, you know, we took our time. Before we became girlfriends. We were seeing each other for quite some time. In fact, we were both not wanting a relationship, so we were just kind of seeing each other and then kind of fell in love.
Speaker 6: So, you know what, I love my friends.
Speaker 7: I wish I could find someone like all my friendships but that extra step and being my partner.
Speaker 6: You know, that's what I'm looking looking for a best friend.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, And now tell us about these little rascals. What's up with this biker dyke group. I'm so interned.
Speaker 6: I see you're a youngin.
Speaker 7: I know that are actually a little group of It was a TV show.
Speaker 3: It was a little group of friends.
Speaker 7: A little group of friends, and there was no adults in that show. It was like in the eighties or seventies.
Speaker 3: Seventies, seventies, right, and.
Speaker 7: They had no adults in the show. And these kids just had fun. There were brown ones, black ones, fat ones.
Speaker 3: Guray or beautiful, funky.
Speaker 7: Lucky ones and they were the best of friends with their dog and they go on adventures. But when I joined this group of local lesbians just to be more active, they started doing a Sunday morning bike group and it tended to be kind of the same women that would join. So we built a friendship. We actually have a strong friendship. There's probably about six or seven of us.
Speaker 6: Some people show up here and there. But we decided to.
Speaker 7: Call ourselves the Little Rascals because we talk about when we ride our bicycles, not motorcycles, bicycles.
Speaker 6: We feel like we're twelve years old. There's nothing like that feeling.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 7: I ride my bike a lot out here in Long Beach and I just feel so young, so happy. There's not a care in the world when I'm riding out there and we go on adventures like we found a hidden tunnels near the Queen Mary.
Speaker 6: They were lesbian little rascals.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Anything else you want to know, I know exactly what you want. And let's hope that we can find someone as special as you are.
Speaker 3: Sonia.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we are very very excited. Honestly, this is gonna be so much fun.
Speaker 2: So for now, just sit back, relax, and we will bring you back after we play some games with these contestants. So now let's bring in these gorgeous contestants.
Speaker 1: We'll be back after the break. Welcome back today, Malani the first.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 3: Well, hello, darning.
Speaker 1: Let's meet all of you.
Speaker 2: First up, we have Onyx onx is looking for the homey lover friend.
Speaker 1: To go eat Taco's web.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a perfect day.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Onyx is what we like to call a top in the streets, a bottom in the sheets. She likes to be warned and dined a little bit and wants someone to pursue her.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 1: She works as a stripper, actress, burlesque dancer, oh my gosh, almost the.
Speaker 2: Same, and organizes four twenty pop up markets. She's also founded Artists Revolts, an organization that focuses on mutual aid and harm reduction efforts in marginalized LA communities.
Speaker 1: Fuck Yeah.
Speaker 2: Onyx is California sober and loves the ocean, going to the k Spot, eating Ethiopian food, and trying different restaurants. She was born and raised in Long Beach and is a true Long Beach baby, loving.
Speaker 1: Sublime Snoop Dog, West Coast Hip Hop. Hello, welcome Onyx, Bye y'all.
Speaker 2: Next, we have a Dana, Dana You're gonna love.
Speaker 1: This is a terrible pisces a sital the pis CC's placements.
Speaker 2: Dana works as a jeweler metalsmither Hot and centers her jewelry making practice around the metaphysical properties of the crystals.
Speaker 1: She works with. Oh my gosh, mysterious.
Speaker 2: Dana came to LA because of more opportunities in opening her business and then met someone and while they broke up.
Speaker 1: Eight years later, she is still here in LA.
Speaker 2: In a perfect world, Dana would date someone who is a bit edgy or alternative playful, but can also go deep and talk spirituality. Dana likes to play pickleball, Yeah, go to comedy shows, attend queer events in LA and enjoy quality chill time. Welcome Dana. Finally we have Nico. Oh my gosh, today's episode must be the Revenge of the Pisces because.
Speaker 3: Nico is a pizy star.
Speaker 1: Nico grew up in south central LA.
Speaker 2: She is well traveled, living in Philadelphia for Underground, the Philippines on a scholarship after college and the training for her doctorate in Australia and New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that passport is a stamp.
Speaker 2: Nko is passionate about adapting to life and different situations.
Speaker 1: She works as a family doctor.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: She is looking for good companionship and always learns a lot from partnership. Honestly, that is a good takeaway. She is ready to date again after a year since her last serious relationship and likes to be romanced by thoughtfulness, share time, and surprises along the way.
Speaker 3: That is so wow. It's incredibles, a lot of Pisces.
Speaker 1: I am here for it.
Speaker 4: Well, they're multi talented and creative, and it's a great lineup.
Speaker 1: Is a great lineup is truly one of hard times.
Speaker 3: We don't see a pisces for months.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna let you in on a little secret right off the bat, our main dater loves to ride her bicycles, multiple bikes, and her scooter, so we need to know if you can ride with her. Right we're calling this game ride or die, playing.
Speaker 1: Off the expression I'll ride or die for you.
Speaker 2: We're going to present different scenarios that might cause some rent flags to pop up, and you'll let.
Speaker 1: Us know if you're still down to ride with your boo even given the situation.
Speaker 2: So, for example, Leana, would you ride or die if your boo calls you babe on the first date?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: I will prefer it as a matter of fact, just in case we die together, I go with someone's baby.
Speaker 1: Duly noted. Anyway, that's the game.
Speaker 10: So let's start off with would you ride or die if your boo only wants you to be a passenger and insists on driving everyone and I am including if she wants to drive your own car, would you ride or die on X talk to me?
Speaker 11: I would ride for sure, because this is La. I don't like driving anyway, so.
Speaker 1: That's what's up.
Speaker 11: If I could sit back because I am California, sober right, sit back.
Speaker 6: Smoke a joint. They can take me everywhere. That's fine. I hope pay for gas. That's good. We can cooperate.
Speaker 2: That's the soup. Yes, passenger Princess, I'm into it. Nico, what about you?
Speaker 12: Oh man?
Speaker 5: I think I'd have to explore it somemore and kind of get a better feel of why I like to participate. And I really liked your riving sometimes, so it could be a little tipid. We'll have to see. It'll be like a TVD.
Speaker 2: Here here here, absolutely, yes, Dano, what about you?
Speaker 12: You know I kind of agree with Nico. I think it's maybe a red flag.
Speaker 3: I would say, a bit possessive.
Speaker 12: I think in the beginning I'd be cool with.
Speaker 9: It, and then maybe later on in the relationship, I'd be like, all right, come on, I need to turn to Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel that I feel like for me, I don't mind being driven, Like if someone is like in their car and they want to drive me around. Absolutely, I get it, but I do love driving everywhere. And if someone is like, I'll take the keys of your car, I'd be like, no, bitch, I'm the same way.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm such a terrible backseat driver. You do not want me as a passenger.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no Noita is going to tell you exactly where to go.
Speaker 3: Ohh, which free were you're going to take?
Speaker 1: Noted? Okay, what's your writer guy situation?
Speaker 4: Here's the next one, and it's a classic Would you ride or die if your partner wants to you haul within the first month?
Speaker 6: Die?
Speaker 3: I die?
Speaker 1: I did it once? Never again?
Speaker 3: How about it? Dana?
Speaker 9: Yeah, from past experience, I'm gonna have to say no, no, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a big die. Yeah, thank you Dana. What about you and Nico?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I just have to retort with another question, why explore some more and a little on the tef in side, It wouldn't be enthused because you know, there's a lot of things about our personalities that might need to just like flesh out more than a month can provide, so a.
Speaker 3: Little more friendship and less moving in onis.
Speaker 1: So what about you? You write or die?
Speaker 11: Can I just say, see, maybe it just depends because some people, you know what I mean, you meet them right away and you have that passion and you could be with that person forever. I have heard of those stories. And then there's some people that know you should never move with them.
Speaker 3: So agreed.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm gonna say maybe, depending on the person, depending on the passion level.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're here, Yeah, here of couples that move in right away and they're totally happy.
Speaker 3: For the rest of their lives. And uh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't happened to me, so I know it's just seldom far and few in between.
Speaker 1: Another writer die, Would you write or die? If they are besties with their ex?
Speaker 2: Start us off, Dana? Are you are you down to write or die with the ex?
Speaker 9: I cannot pass judgment because I am so Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right to the sunset with our axes.
Speaker 1: And we can all grab dinner together. Absolutely exactly. Hell yeah, honest pain.
Speaker 3: The exit on X.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 11: I mean literally what Dana just said, It's like being sophig in La is kind of like, who are you not going to date that's not friends with their exes.
Speaker 12: It's kind of par for the course.
Speaker 11: So it would definitely be a ride because they all are they're all friends with their exes.
Speaker 6: Indeed, every single one of them.
Speaker 1: Indeed, indeed, indeed, what about you, Nigo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I echo the room if you like them for the reason. So it didn't work out, but I'm still down with my exes, So that's what's up. It's actually like a plus if they still have a really relationship with the X.
Speaker 3: I know how sweet is so different generations altogether.
Speaker 2: I mean I had an ex that came to this episode of My Phone them like cutie. So you know that's how it rolls, you know, it's how the cookie crumbles in this new generation.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, I was like.
Speaker 2: What's up, X, Let's find you a contestant that's gonna align with you since we've known each other were quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Well, we should all get on those scooters and go to the beach.
Speaker 2: Then absolutely absolutely should we play our next game?
Speaker 3: Yes, let's do it. Are you ready, ladies?
Speaker 1: So our next.
Speaker 2: Game is inspired by a little bit of old school romance, you know, doors being opened, dad's being paid for.
Speaker 1: I am talking about chivalry.
Speaker 3: A little chivalry goes a long way.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree, And you know, chivalry doesn't have to look like opening doors or paying for the dates. Sometimes chivery can be like, hey, you're tired, don't worry about it, I'll top you tonight.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Like it can look you know different.
Speaker 2: So for this game of chivalry is alive and thriving, I'm going to ask you all to give us the top three things that are chivalrous to you, and the more specific, the better.
Speaker 1: NKO. How you feeling, Do you have your top three?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So, I guess I like to receive chivalrous gestures if they kind of anticipated some needs, if there was some thought on, like where we can get some nibbles and some SIPs, or just something to kind of qualm those things that might make one kind of you know, frazzled or unlike themselves to kind of ground and center would be nice.
Speaker 11: I like something.
Speaker 5: I mean, they can curate like a nice like song or a vibe when we like hang out that always kind of aligns as well. That's quite nice. And I love to take pause for like any changes of I don't know, like a good sunset or a sunrise. So I think just like change you up the sky because like pause for that too.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I love that word, like pause for just witnessing nature and it's beauty into it.
Speaker 1: Dana, what are your top three chivalrous acts.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna echo a few of them, but I do not like to cook. So if anyone is going to step up and just take care of that, I am all about it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: In the past, I've had someone who has like planned, you know, after like a long day of work or you know, had going through a rough time or whatever, it would be just take a day and they've had everything planned out for it. Oh, then the last one would be I mean I'm a piscey, so yeah, a nice evening of like massage and raking and.
Speaker 1: No do you hear raking in there? That was cute?
Speaker 3: Yes, I did. Adorable.
Speaker 12: It is essential, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, like somatic practices. Absolutely listen here for that. Absolutely on what about you?
Speaker 11: I really like fresh flowers, so that's always nice. And also something like thought provoking, like anything like, oh, I just planned this little insignificant picnic, you know what I mean at the park, or I just made this peanut butter jelly saliches and we have joints and we're looking at the sunset at the beach.
Speaker 6: It doesn't even have to be that big, but or it could be really expensive too. Whatever.
Speaker 11: But then, last but not least, I like it when people have a backbone, which means that there's some weird altercation or something.
Speaker 6: You know, because we do.
Speaker 11: Live in la if somebody tries to mess with us, we both try to get the person instead of one person being scared like so it's really sexy to me if somebody stands up and actually tries to protect me because I'm gonna protect them too.
Speaker 6: We both don't do it, but that's hot to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh my gosh, I'm obsessed.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we definitely have hope that chivalry is alive and thriving. But speaking of chivalry, unfortunately we have to do something.
Speaker 8: Less polite, which is that we need to say goodbye to one person before the next round.
Speaker 3: So with that said, yes, take it away, don't hate me for it.
Speaker 4: You are all great, beautiful, talented individual but we do have to match a little bit more of the people who our main data has things in common with. For that reason, today, the person that is not moving forward.
Speaker 1: Isonics thank you so much for being with us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you for having me.
Speaker 13: Bye, y'all, bye, We'll be back after the break. Welcome back today, my Hourily the first.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations to our final two contestants.
Speaker 1: This is a time where we would.
Speaker 2: Like to give you an opportunity to dive deeper, be more intimate with one on one's caf that I'm gonna step out so that hourly then you have that deep dive into much more intimate questions. So Nico, I'm gonna hand you over for a little cafes lead that holy.
Speaker 3: Lead, that empty How are you, my love?
Speaker 6: Oh good?
Speaker 4: Let's talk a little bit about Nico's love life? What is that about these days?
Speaker 3: My love life?
Speaker 1: These days?
Speaker 5: Well, just move back to Los Angeles after I think twenty years or so and only been here for two months so far, so kind of just living presently and having fun and hoping to meet people like to spend time with along the way.
Speaker 4: Well, talk to me about two months prior, where were you and did you have a relationship during that time and what happened before that?
Speaker 5: I was actually living in Bosa, Montana. Now I was spending some time with my sister for a while just quite nice, and then before that was living in Savannah, Georgia. There I had a relationship for a while and we just have like different versions of what we imagine life to be like in our coming future. So we're both on our different journeys.
Speaker 4: What was your version? What did you want in that relationship that you were not getting?
Speaker 5: I'm a bit on like thinking about fertility as that kind of comes up in like being thirty nine years old, so it's like something I want to grapple with and kind of want a partner that's down with juggling that at some point.
Speaker 12: But also I know, like.
Speaker 5: Fertility timeline and like real relationship timeline sometimes like fall on different in paces. So currently just also down to connect and you know, meet people along the way and see if that's a shared path or there's different versions of having really great connections and like intimacy too.
Speaker 3: Would you like to get married?
Speaker 5: I mean, if it works out, great, but I don't think it's my end all be all.
Speaker 4: I guess now, do you have a specific communication style that you would like your partner to share with you.
Speaker 5: I'm like more of a monerable communicator, but that's something I've definitely been honing in and doing a lot better these days, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: And so it would be nice if your partner communicates a little bit more and then you'd be joining in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, communication, but also like with the era of some like intuitive communication too, and sometimes like things always don't come out well with the words, so you know, that's like one of the ways, but not to discount other ways of communicating to So.
Speaker 4: You have a day off and you're both free, how do you spend that wonderful day?
Speaker 3: Do you just get up and go and say, let's do something? What do you do? What do you do?
Speaker 5: I think it depends on how the context has been. Like if it's a day we just need to chill, it would be really nice just to sleep in because it is such a luxury.
Speaker 3: To not rush too much.
Speaker 5: Right, I think current situation of having the best day ever would be to have no set plan, the lots of creations of like literally delightful things, and probably like pack a little bag with all the with all the tricks in the treats so we can kind of just see where heart takes us.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Sorry to interrupt, but there is another piping cup of guff see the waiting for you. Thank you so much, Nico, Dana, Dana, I'm gonna hand.
Speaker 1: You over for a little hot cup of guff.
Speaker 3: Take it away. Oh let me Dana. How are you good?
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 4: I am doing really well. Thank you for being with us. But I'm going to ask you a little personal question.
Speaker 3: Now. Talk to me about your love life in the past year or two.
Speaker 9: So I actually have been single for the last year, which is the longest I've been single. It was kind of intentional. I have been doing the last year a lot of self discovery, self work, which has been great, like a lot of therapy. For some reason, I have like this three year mark, so the last few relationships, it's been like three three and a half years.
Speaker 3: Is that something you would doing intentionally?
Speaker 9: I think my problem is when I do kind of see red flags, I really really want to make it work, so I put in the effort.
Speaker 12: I think it's kind of coincidental that it just kind of seems to be three years now.
Speaker 4: You mentioned you would see those red flags and then you would try harder to work on the relationship.
Speaker 3: What do you think that is and how have you handled that?
Speaker 9: Probably just from growing up in any household where you know, my parents that are not together, and it wasn't always the greatest, but I've always wanted, you know, a relationship. I want partnership, and I really wanted to work. So I feel like, I don't know, you know, it's like seeing those signs, it's I kind of give people full the benefit of the doubt, right and it's like, we're.
Speaker 12: Going to work through this.
Speaker 9: And then I think that has been a lot of the work too, just realizing that you can't make excuses for other people, Like people will show you who they truly are and you have to take it for what it is, and that's okay. You know, forcing something is eventually it's gonna come out in the end. You know, you can't fake it until you make it. You know, in a relationship, a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people do, Now, what are these beautiful green flags that are coming your way with a new relationship?
Speaker 3: What are they? What do you want to.
Speaker 9: See someone who is I think emotionally mature. I have big feelings and I have a lot of emotions, and I love, love, love, love to connect with people who are the same and can go deep. But there's a difference between having a lot of emotions and feelings and feeling them and then not being able to like regulate and you know self sooth. I think that's really important to me, is like you can have all that, but you need to know how you don't just dun't on your partner.
Speaker 3: Right, How do you handle conflict? I know we don't want it, but if it happens, what do you do?
Speaker 9: A lot of the times I'll take a bet. I have learned from the past, and the way that I can react is if you just react immediately to your emotion when something comes up, it's usually not the.
Speaker 3: Best reaction or response, right, So.
Speaker 9: Taking a minute to sit with it. And also like if it's something like bigger that feels treadering, taking a moment, why is it?
Speaker 12: Is it this situation that is really triggering me?
Speaker 6: Or is there.
Speaker 3: Right something else behind the memory of another one? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, where you've been which is very hard to leave just everything behind. Well, I really hope that by the end of the show we are able to connect that main data with one of you two.
Speaker 3: And thank you for your answers.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, thank you so much, Dana Elena. These were very successful one on one Facto they are you feeling closer to knowing?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You Yeah, beautiful, beautiful Nico, welcome back, a wilda.
Speaker 1: I think we might have to share one more secret.
Speaker 3: Oh is that time again?
Speaker 2: So our main dater has actually been undercover this whole time, listening in since the very beginning.
Speaker 3: Checking.
Speaker 2: Indeed, Alida might have an idea of who she likes. But let's see if we have a unanimous decision. So muchis Grasies. We're gonna ask you for a quick exit and we'll bring back our main contestant.
Speaker 1: Well, amazing Alida.
Speaker 2: I think we might have a unanimous decision on this one. So we're all leaning on Dana.
Speaker 3: We're all leaning on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think my Sonia is also leaning Yeah, is that correct?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 7: I was definitely fifty to fifty pretty much. Maybe a little bit more tournis Dana, but that Nico is thinking about children when there's no way that I want a baby in my life other than a grand baby.
Speaker 6: Ye, and she said that was a deal breaker for her last relationship.
Speaker 3: So god, you know what.
Speaker 4: Also, I don't know if you've been taking notes, but if you heard the bios that Vico is reading at the beginning.
Speaker 3: She really does have a lot of things in common with you.
Speaker 7: The spirituality she's done, the therapy. She seems mature. My only thing is she is she wild enough for me? Or can she have my wildness?
Speaker 3: Well, hey, you can share and teach. But also remember Dana does not cook.
Speaker 6: I don't cook either. I guess we eat out all the time.
Speaker 1: Nico is such a cutie.
Speaker 2: I can just see Nico wearing elf ears and being a doctor.
Speaker 1: Nymph.
Speaker 2: Uh, very smart, such a such a cutie is so smart, so intellectual, very thoughtful.
Speaker 1: As well with her words.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think ultimately that emotional attunement that Dana gave was the one that like won.
Speaker 3: All of our hearts.
Speaker 4: Yes, so, I think at one point though, Nico is just such an amazing individual and would be a great friend to our main data. Eventually they would go in different ways correct, Yes, so different paths.
Speaker 3: But I think we have made our decision and we sure we're gonna enjoy it.
Speaker 8: All right, let's bring in the contestants. Welcome back, Welcome back.
Speaker 2: The jury has a verdict, Yes, we do, and I will leave that are ready, Yeah, go for it?
Speaker 4: Well, you are both incredible ladies. But the one who actually was a little bit closer to our main data and how they see live, and for that reason, the one meeting our main dat today is Dana.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Dana and Nico, my goodness, you are so sweet, so kind. I don't know if you're fantasy nerd, but if you ever wear el fears, let me know, because I think that will look so great on you, because I also wear el fears, like.
Speaker 5: I skipted some once upon a time.
Speaker 3: I think I still have them and I'm back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to LA. I know you mentioned you just moved here, so welcome. Congrats on the move and hopefully we'll see you soon.
Speaker 3: Yes, and much success and all you do here.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, thank you, Thank you. Dana. Congratulations. How are you feeling?
Speaker 12: I feel wonderful, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, without further Ado, let's go ahead and meet the main dater, Sonia, come.
Speaker 1: Ahead and turn on your camera and meet Dana. Sonia. First impressions on Dana.
Speaker 3: I think she's cute, Yes, I love it.
Speaker 1: Dana. First impressions on Sonia same same, Yes, Oh, God's amazing.
Speaker 7: I think Dana, you are an attractive lady, but I have to tell you, in being a spy and listening, you're a lot of what I'm looking for. I love how you speak about emotional maturity and how you're doing work on yourself and how you purposely took time to be single.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what I've been doing.
Speaker 7: So I think we have a lot of common in that, and I'm excited to get to know anymore.
Speaker 4: Yes, amazing each of you, and please enjoy the ride.
Speaker 3: Have fun. Oh I love it beautiful.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to send our condescens away for a little virtual day to have fun.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Coyotes, I know probably more about you than you know about me.
Speaker 6: So is there anything that you want to ask me?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Like what do you do and where are you from? Originally?
Speaker 7: I'm born and raised in La in a little city called Alhambra.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like to ride bi, I love to ride my bikey.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love sports. Have you heard of Angels City Football Club? Yes?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I'm a season ticket holder there, so I was just there on Sunday.
Speaker 6: I just picked up pick a ball.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I like to try new things. I'm really looking for someone that's emotionally mature. I think that's why you got selected. Some of your answers were almost I could have said the exact same thing. I take my time in dating. I want to get to know people as friends. I want a friendship. I'm not a ue hauler, not at all good. What about you?
Speaker 6: What do you like to do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Pick a ball. I love that you're started.
Speaker 6: I'm a newbie. You got to teach me.
Speaker 12: Yes, I would love to. I try to get everyone into it. It's kind of so get ready.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I only I only started like a week ago, and already I'm going on Saturday.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 9: It's such a like anyone can play and you see no joke, like your improvement, and if it gets exciting, you're like, this is amazing.
Speaker 6: I already fell my first time I went. You know my mind.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you've heard of my bio, but I think I'm twelve years old.
Speaker 6: I'm a little older. How old are you?
Speaker 7: I'm forty three, all right, I'm fifty five, okay, so but in my head, i'm twelve. Like I'm the youngest fifty five person you'll ever meet. Like I'm young at heart. I have friends all different ages, so same.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I love that you're into spirituality and meditation and all of that, because I told the ladies that that's that's important to me. I don't mind introducing people that I meet into that kind of stuff, but it's so much.
Speaker 6: Better when they already know about it and.
Speaker 7: Practice it, and you know, I think it makes a difference in how you handle things.
Speaker 12: Yes, agreed totally.
Speaker 7: How you talked about working on yourself just really hit with me, and I thought, Hi, I can go to sound bath with her, you know, and then we can go to pick a ball and then we have a pretty pool, you know, like you know. The only thing that I have to say was a negative for you, Dana. Right, we're gonna have an issue. I don't cook either, No, No, we won't. I am very good at going out to eat. And there's a million wonderful restaurants.
Speaker 5: In Long Beat.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 2: I hope those sweeties headed off. Find us back here next week as Leanna and I make some more matches.
Speaker 3: Good work today, Oh, we did good. I like what I'm looking at date my ali.
Speaker 2: The first is a production from WV Sound and iHeart Media's Michaultura podcast network hosted by me Vico Ortiz, joined by the fabulous Lenna Montenegro bait My Auri. The first is produced by Leo Clem, Nico Raguel and Sophie Spencer Zavos. Our executive producers are Wilmer Valderrama, Leo Clem, and Nico Raguel. W V Sound This This episode was edited by Sean Tracy and Sophie Spencer Zavos and features original music.
Speaker 1: By Alva Morello and gave Lopez.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to our team of cubits at WV Entertainment.
Speaker 1: Special Things.
Speaker 2: Also to our hopeful romantics this week, Sonia, Onyx, Dana and Nico. Additional thanks to Assault and Lime Media. See you next week and in the meantime, don't do anything a Wilita wouldn't do.
Speaker 3: Just do it better, okay, Besitos