Speaker 1: But the big thing was just finding a way to make sure that the Dodgers kept nine players on the field. Kyle Tucker left the game with fact spasms and Dalton rushing percussion protocol.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, and welcome to the live postgame edition of Dodgers Territory on this June twenty second. I'm Alana Rizzo. That is Katie Wu and Clint Pisias. We are psyched that you guys are here. Get your comments in the chat. I always appreciate you guys being here, and we want to know what you think about this game. A two to one victory over did we just play twins? The Minnesota Twins? Good for us. It was all about the home run today. Obviously, our guys get two, the Twins get one. We will take that every single time. Good to be with the two of you as well. It's the first team to hit fifty wins. Katie, you've been there for the majority of them. You'll take a two to one ball game at the pace in which they played. What's your biggest takeaway in this one?
Speaker 1: The fact that they were able to get a win with two hopefully not critical injuries, but very important players right now, given the state of the Dodgers roster. Lose Kyle Tucker in the second inding and then Dalton Rushing almost immediately after that. So Dodgers playing with a super thin bench. I'm sure we'll get into later in the show. But some clutch moments came up with roughners in scoring position. They still weren't able to cash in on those opportunities. But the big thing was just finding a way to make sure that the Dodgers kept nine players on the field. And we'll hopefully find more information about Kyle Tucker left the game with backspasms and Dalton Rushing concussion protocol throughout postgame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of different big storylines in this one. You got the injuries, you got Eric Lauer. The offense seems to be the like I would say, least invasive. I don't know, my words are going to be shitty tonight. But they tried. They had enough. They put enough points on the board. Here with a leadoff Homer from Show Hey, Freddie Homer's later in the game. You know what, I want to get it out of the way early because I'm happy with Shoe Hey atani Shocker Show. Show Hey is going to be today's FanDuel Daily Dinger pick because he hit a dinger today. How about this dude. He's hit seven homers now in his last thirteen games. Show Hay is starting to crank up the power a little bit more as we get into summer. The swing, I wouldn't say, I won't say it's bad, show Hey. Swing is never bad, but he was a little bit off with the swing for a good stretch there early in May. He's finding some things. The on base is great, the bath to ball is a lot better, and you're starting to see him really show out for a little bit of power. So we love that from messer Otani there. The you know, the knee is is not a problem apparently, Katie.
Speaker 4: And also you know new dad strength helps.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two time Dad strength, Clint.
Speaker 1: Hello strength, two time power. So given that this game went very nice to see, show Hey. I mean that was obviously I'm in Minnesota, but I felt like I heard it from here with one of those ty swings tany contact, so they really needed given that another one run ball game, six of their last seven.
Speaker 4: We're just not going to talk about Sunday's game.
Speaker 1: We're just going to eliminate that from our memories six of their last seven one run ball games playing with fire here.
Speaker 4: In Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I tell you twelve to one. Did you see? I was like, what what? What is happening?
Speaker 3: I bailed?
Speaker 5: Oh I wish gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I looked around and I was like, I think if they scored ten runs, I should legally be allowed to leave.
Speaker 4: But that was not the case.
Speaker 3: But guys, you know the MLB season isn't full swing. Let me get the FanDuel stuff in right here, guys, and FanDuel is giving you a shot to call your chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. You make a free pick on who'sing a homer in your game show? Hey, is always a good pick. By the way, you get a profit boost to use on your next bet at a chance at extra winnings. Head over to FanDuel dot com Slash podcast to get started. That is FanDuel dot com Slash podcast. You can opt in for Daily Dingers. Make your free pick on hides at home hitting a homer. Playball Swinger Defences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball and RIZ. Why don't you do your favorite disclaimer for everybody.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: No purchase necessary again show he is always a good pick. Opt in required bonus issued as non withdrawal able.
Speaker 5: Profit boost tokens.
Speaker 2: Restrictions apply, including any token expiration in max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler. All right, so thank you so much, Fandela. We appreciate you supporting us. Some more offensive talk. Guys entering the game. Can the sluggish offense get back on track? Can you tell us a little bit more about the column that you just had, because we just talked about the woe that was Sunday. But this is a you don't often hear Dave Roberts speak ill. And it's not that he was putting anybody down, but he did not like the at back quality of his team.
Speaker 5: Tell us more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys know this. Dodgers fans know this.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts is by nature a very patient manager. He trustes veterans to figure things out, and he is very very patient with her younger guys and experienced guys on the lineup, kind of going through the ebbs and flows of learning to adjust to major League pitching. But he did not like the quality of the bats against that in that Oriel series, and rightfully so. Dodgers left a lot of men on base. There didn't seem to be an overall collective approach. I'll go ahead and read that full quote from Dave Roberts after Sunday's loss. Dave said, the mindset of being offensive and scaring pictures out of the strike zone.
Speaker 4: I think for us it's been it's very in between pictures.
Speaker 1: Just start to get that rhythm, that comfort, and that just shouldn't be the case with our lineup. There's passivity at the wrong time. I think that the mindset of scaring guys out of the hitting zone, we're.
Speaker 4: Just not doing that right now.
Speaker 1: And that's an approach that you can kind of see one through nine with these Dodgers' hitters. It's more of a like, when you have the star power of the Dodgers, you want to make pictures get you out, So you shouldn't be given them strikes were you know you're going out in the zone and you're chasing, they don't have to come attack you. We saw this, and I don't want to make this all about Kyle Tucker because he's not the only problem, but that at bat Saturday night and.
Speaker 4: Which the Dodgers lost three to two, where he took.
Speaker 1: A splitter in the dirt for ball one and then three straight splitters from there that he swung on a mist out of the zone that to me was a kind of in a bat that Dave Roberts was like a microcosm level that he does not want his hitters to be doing.
Speaker 4: And I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Interesting because obviously there's no Will Smith, no Tiascar Hernandez guys that really helps solidify that lineup, and you're looking at a lot of relatively inexperienced players with rushing Ryan war at Alex Freeland. So I asked Dave, you know, is this a combination of the inexperience and he actually said that he thought those three guys were actually taking some of the better advaths collectively. So it's on really the top of the lineup for me, and again hard to evaluate if they got better because a big chunk of that is Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 4: Obviously did not play.
Speaker 1: Most of this game, but it's clear Dodgers still have the best offense in terms of stats and production in baseball.
Speaker 4: But Dave Roberts not happy with the overall approach from its hitters lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it is funny. We are seeing better sometimes better approaches, better at bat you know, just quality later in the game. But riz it feels like probably once a month, especially for a team like the Dodgers, you're coming off back to back World Series. They were talking about it a pregame on SNLA you know, you know, I think it was snl A. But the regular season is a formality for the Dodgers, even if they have to pretend like it's not. At some point it seems like it's real easy for your head to get elsewhere. And maybe I'm not going to say they're not putting in the work, but maybe just you know, the mind wanders a little bit during during a baseball game, or during a series, or during a particular series. And I know you've seen it. You've covered this team.
Speaker 5: There's there is no question about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about the fact that you know, we do however many shows, three or four shows a week, and not every single show is at the ultimate level where we're gonna win Emmys. Whatever, the podcast whatever, the podcasting whatever, the podcasting award is, but honestly, it is hard to be you know, one hundred percent all the time and every single thing that you do. And to your point, the Dodgers are built for October, right if they can continue to tread water. I mean, we're really getting into the dog days of summer. We're about five weeks away from the trade deadline, and then it's even a week after the All Star Game for the trade deadline, so they're all kind of waiting for that, and then you really get into it.
Speaker 5: I don't really.
Speaker 2: Ever worry about how they're doing at this time of year. To me, the time to truly ramp up. And let's not forget they still have a nine game advantage in the standings right so it's like you want to make sure that the first thing you want to do is win your division, and right now that's what the Dodgers are doing. They are winning their division by nine and a half games now nine and a half games, so they're still on pace to do exactly what they need, what we would like for them to do, but they're just trying to tread water right now with the amount of injuries that already are on the shelf to key pieces of this program obviously the Blake Snells of the world, the Tyler Glasnows of the world. And now we're going to wait and see what happens to Kyle Tucker. I mean, God bless chucki Robinson. But I mean, he's not the answer. I said this the other day when Will Smith, we knew it was going to miss some significant time, and now he's obviously not on the road trip. I said, what happens if something happens to Dalton because we don't have that depth at that position, and I'm not trying to manifest it. But obviously he had to come out of the game to make sure he didn't have a concussion. And Chucky Robinson, god bless him. He's just not major league ready catcher. He's just not that guy. So that's okay, though. They're just going to try to tread water and get the pieces back as they come, and they will be fine. You win the division by nine and a half games, you get home field advantage and you go from there. But no, to think that this team is going to play balls to the wall for one hundred and sixty two games is just not realistic.
Speaker 5: I mean, some guys live for October.
Speaker 2: This is a team that, like just they all you have to do is maintain and I'd say the first team to fifty wins and a nine and a half game lead than the division is even.
Speaker 5: Better than maintaining.
Speaker 2: So it happens, right, It's not every every series is not going to be Game seven. It just doesn't work that way. Look at what happened against the Orioles, and that seems terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the unrealistic expectations that come with watching and covering the Los Angeles Dodgers, and Katie, I know you've seen that difference since coming over here from your years with the Cards. It's just it's a different expectation the fan base. You lost too against the Orioles, and you know, all hell starts to break loose a little bit. Fine, Alana, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: And they won, and they won first fifty wins, a lot of really really good stuff. It's not always perfect, and they're battling with a lot of injuries. We'll talk more about those injuries and all that kind of stuff coming up. First. The word from our friends at foul Territory when my puppy Bella has something wrong. I'm not going to go around googling what to do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Kratz, let's have a better plan. Today's episode is sponsored by the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program. It offers customizable accident and illness plans that can fit your budget, your lifestyle, and even your pets particular quirks. Because, let's be honest, VET bills can add up fast. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance has been around for almost thirty years and has covered over one million pets. And when it's time to submit a claim, it's easy. Just use their app and receive reimbursement for eligible VET bills directly into your bank account so you can get back to focusing on what really matters your pet. To explore coverage, visit ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash foul. That's ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash foul. Again, that's ASPCA Pet Insurance dot Com slash foul. This is a paid advertisement. Insurance is underwritten by either Independent American Insurance Company or United States Fire Insurance Company and produced by PTZ Insurance Agency Limited. The ASPCA is not an insurance and is not engaged in the business of insurance.
Speaker 5: All right, a couple of other stories guys that I wanted to get to. Bad luck.
Speaker 2: Right when Kyle Tucker and Dalton Rushing go out, go out in the same game, basically back to back. So Tucker walks in the second and then advances to second on an Edmund single.
Speaker 5: Then he was removed.
Speaker 2: Now the team says that it was because of lower back spasms, and you hope that's.
Speaker 5: All it is.
Speaker 2: You hope it's just a backspasm or a cramp or whatever. He seemed to be walking around fine in the dugout. But again, that's not when you already have Taoscar out. You know, you already have all these other guys out. That's the last thing I know that Kyle Tucker hasn't, you know, been all world in terms of his offense. But Katie, this is not somebody that you can afford to lose, considering you still have guys that you're waiting to have them come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I completely agree.
Speaker 1: But and some things that I want to notice again, just my observations from home watching on TV, Kyle Tucker was not visited by a trainer at Second Pace. Dave Roberts watched him and made the call to take him out immediately. No combo to me that suggests this is something that the Dodgers were aware of beforehand and just wanted to monitor. I'm sure we'll hear more from Dave on the postgame show. But if you're going to have, you know, just a look from your manager to see, you know, Kyle Tucker kind of crouching over a little uncomfortable and get him out of there without even a convo, that to me has been okay. Well, he's clearly talks about this with the medstaff and Dave Roberts and they were aware of it. And then television cameras showed Kyle Tucker and the dugout. You know, he went straight to the hitting coaches before the trainers. So all of these signs to me indicated that this is a problem or an issue that they were aware of and just didn't want to make it worse.
Speaker 4: Dalton Rushing a little bit of a different situation. Who comes in. I believe it was the first pitch of the game that he rocked on that foul t hit.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Obviously welcome, Welcome to the game, Dalton.
Speaker 1: So I think with Kyle Tucker is kind of a wait and see, as we've seen with Tyler glassnew backspasms can be tricky, and with Dalton he just hope that he can pass concussion protocols. But this is clearly if this becomes more for Kyle Tucker, not what the Dodgers need right now. They can cover and I think Ryan wod has done a nice job filling in. Tommy Edmund has been pretty Tommy Edmund like since coming off the IL. He can play in the corners to uh. Dodgers should get tasker Hernandez back by this time next week. But if Kyle Tucker misses any time, that's seven days they got a fill and that can get a little dicey.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny. I don't know if it's funny, but it's funny that you go on social media and the first thing people start you start seeing is people clamoring for Okay, now they get to call up James Tibbs because Tucker's gonna go on the IL, and you know, just there, everybody wants something else other than Kyle Tucker right now. Which, yeah, it's not a great season. I don't necessarily care. The Dodgers won a world last year with you know, Michael CONFORDO just being crap. It happens, you can survive it. But it is interesting to see the fan base. I wouldn't say turn on him quickly. It has been a few months, but showing signs of life at different points, and hopefully this is not one of those things it turns into a glass now situation where we know Dave. You know, I.
Speaker 2: Just don't even know if it was like turning on him. I don't think they were ever on really on board, you know what I mean, Like he hasn't had like a like a big Dodger moment yet. You know, I just think it's just like, I mean, I was excited that they signed Kyle Tucker, but to me, it wasn't like the oh my god, we got Kyle Tucker, not like not how I felt when they signed Edwin dis or how I felt when they signed Sho he o Tony Okay, like that kind of like wow, that's that's a that's a huge gut And Kyle Tucker just hasn't shown us the contract yet, not to say that he won't, but there has. To me, it's just kind of like just kind of vanilla in terms of that. Dalton rushing for me, guys with the whole situation that I was worried about. If he went down, Okay, Chucky Robinson, what are we gonna do? But it's like he came up two different times, two runners on and two outs already he struck out both times. We're gonna need more from that position, then we're getting with CHUCKI Robinson. If for whatever reason Dalton rushing does have a concussion, which hopefully he doesn't offer that foul tip off of the helmet, and obviously if Will Smith is out for longer than we expect, but they're gonna have to do something at that position because it's obviously uh you know that's that that's not the answer there, especially with little Smith out longer than expected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well so we got we actually got an update here from Fabian Our of the Athletic on the rushing side. He passed initial concussion testing. Dodgers are going to bring in an extra catcher in case. I don't even know who the hell that would be exactly.
Speaker 1: Elizae Alonzo was okay, see, but he's not on the forty man.
Speaker 4: Yes, that would be just based on.
Speaker 5: What is what is Sam doing? Does anybody I know that.
Speaker 2: I know that Austin Barnes was that Petros and Money the other day.
Speaker 5: Is he available?
Speaker 3: I I don't think so. Yeah. Anyways, and then yeah, the the Tucker backspas is not expecting any imaging or anything like that. They're they're not concerned about Tucker. So he has minutes to live, I would imagine at this point. But yeah, even everything is everything they listened, there is too much. Yo know, it's gonna be great. Everything is perfect, It's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be great.
Speaker 5: I've been saying that for three years. They've won World Series Championship too.
Speaker 3: You want from me, listen, I take it all back either way, you know, concussion or no. Notwithstanding here, they need to improve the Chucky Robinson part of the roster. I don't know how. I mean last year, you know when they traded for at the time the man I called Ron Rovertelt because I was like, what the fuck is this name? That's just putt in front Ben Rohart Vett. They need another Ben Roardvett to just fall gently into their arms again because not to laughs. You know, he's a big boy. They need something like that. They need someone like that. Of course, Bend is with the Mets, and I think he's on the IL, the minor league IL right now. He is not an option, but they need a different option. Again, with all due respect to Chuckie Robinson, seems like a nice enough guy, but they need a little help. There need a little help. We're gonna have to figure it out.
Speaker 4: I was, you know, I want Will Smith in the lineup as much as possible front of the show. But this was a really big opportunity for Dalton Rush.
Speaker 1: You to get consistent playing time work with some of the pictures he doesn't usually get because we know Will Smith is usually going to take the O Tanni Yamamoto starts and we've seen him. You know that that game on Friday was super telling with the three punch outs, and then he comes in and has a completely different approach against Ryan Helsley ends up winning the game. So Chuckie Robinson has brought in not necessarily to produce. He was quite literally brought in to be a backup catcher by definition basically start the day games after night games, and the Dodgers don't believe in day games during the week.
Speaker 4: So this was not a position or part.
Speaker 1: Of the Dodgers were like expecting for a lot of playing time. So it goes back to like the original point of if the Advats got better today, I want to you pointed out the runners on scoring position. Dodger grew over seven, but a lot of that was Chuckie Robinson. I would have loved to see what Doldon Rushian would have done in that role. But this is not a guy that the Dodgers were like, Okay, he needs to produce.
Speaker 4: It was he just needs to hear for an emergency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe they haven't.
Speaker 5: They're in there, They're in the emergency.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, maybe wa I got used to having, you know, in the last year and change, ish used to having a backup that maybe has a little bit of There is just not a chance in hell. And I'm sorry, Chucky, if you're watching this, it's not a chance in hell that that man is gonna make contact with baseball and it's gonna fine. Grass I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: So maybe Borrow I want this clip on Twitter, so.
Speaker 3: We clip that. Vince. We need you, bro, we need you bro. All r We're gonna take another break, come back, and we're gonna talk about probably what should be the headliner of this game. Dodgers ace eric A.
Speaker 6: S Geek is MLB's official ticket marketplace, and in addition to finding every single game on the MLB calendar, there are big events coming up.
Speaker 7: So there's an All Star game, there's a home run derby. And if you think you're perfect and you can pick the right seat at the home run derby to get the most home run balls, you can get the little green dot and that might be your lucky seat. Don't go red dot though, because you might not get any balls, but go redgreen dot and get as many home run balls as you think you can catch.
Speaker 6: Yep, you click the seat, you check out. What you're is each ticket's rated on a scale of one to ten, so you know you're getting a good deal. And that's what AJ's talking about. Green good, red bad. With those dots and the code for you Territory one zero for ten percent off your next set of tickets at sea Geek. That's ten percent off any MLB tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description of this episode that'll help you download the app and then get the code automatically added to your account so that you can use it later. Thank you to ze Geek.
Speaker 3: One last stretch to be talking about one last stretch. I think you, guys, I might have been muted there. One last bit to talk about here. First we'll tell you guys, go support the show. Check out DT members. You can click the joint button here on YouTube to become a YouTube member three nine nine a month. You get access to well discount in the merch store eventually our second happy Hour show that'll be coming up at some point. Support us with merch at Dodger Territoryshop dot com. Get that percentag jo off, YadA, YadA. Anyways, I just want to get those plugs in there before we talk about Eric frickin' Lauer. What a pickup this guy has been in the screen here showing Will Klein because it shows the starter of the game, who was the opener, gives up the only run of the game on a Byron Buxton Homer a longtime future Dodger Byron Buxton, but six no hit innings following. Will Klein like, what a pickup Eric Lawer has been.
Speaker 4: Woo yeah, and this is someone that you know.
Speaker 1: We're talking to Andrew Friedman the other day and he was like, when when Blake SNeW and Tyberg Glasnow went down pretty consecutively. If River Ryan had not been just building back up after a his little right hamstring injury, they might have gone straight to River out of meat, but they couldn't because he wasn't built up at that time. So what do you do. You look at the other two other clubs obviously familiar with Eric Blawer, with Mark Pryor's connection, and they said, you know what, we're the Dodgers. We can fix that, and they have And they don't need Eric Blawer to go out and post six hit listennings, but they'll certainly take it. They just need him to be a certain, fiable, solid six starter, and he's done that and more for this club. It's allowed guys like Justin Erbleski to keep working. Roki Sasaki, we'll get to Emmett Shean there. It's bought him a little bit more extra time. But for Eric Lawer, we know how important the six man rotation is for the Los Angeles Dodgers. They've committed to it all season long. Shoho Tani does not get to do two way duties without a season long six man rotation.
Speaker 4: So for Eric Lawer, to come in and just fill that spot out of need.
Speaker 1: I think the Dodgers were planning on just giving him a couple and seeing where it goes. But he's been more than serviceable. He's been a very good addition to this club. He's fit right in in the clubhouse, and he's really helped keep a critical anchor of this Dodgers team afloat. They have the best starting rotation in baseball that is not by accident, is because they've remained committed to the six man.
Speaker 4: Eric Lawer very underrated.
Speaker 1: In that overall area because he's allowed them to be able to keep that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Paul Penyon ninety five forty eight in our chat brings up a really good point that you don't have to smoke one hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 5: To have a successful outing.
Speaker 2: You know, you can pitch to contact, you can change up the speeds, you can, you know, use your off speed. There's other ways to do it than throwing one hundred and ten miles an hour, which is great as long as you can locate it.
Speaker 5: But Eric Lawer is more of a pitcher than a thrower.
Speaker 2: And what I like about the situation too, is like kind of the joke of you know, if you can't beat him, join him, obviously coming over from the Toronto Blue Jays, and it's like, you know, he is a guy among so many. Just add Eric Lawer to the list of guys that come over and kind of reinvent themselves or perhaps not even reinvent themselves, but are allowed to be who they are. The Dodgers don't try to force you to be something that you're not. And I've had many conversations, particularly with Relievers, and I know Eric Lawer is not one of those guys, but particularly with Relievers, that they have said to me that they knew who I was when they acquired me, and they allowed me to be that person. So not really trying to change things up. And these are guys, particularly that came over via Tree. These are not international signings like the Japanese guys or those types of things, or guys that came up through the Dodgers system. These were more guys that came over from other teams via a trade or in free agency, and they just have such a good way about them. And you've got to give Mark Pryor I think a tremendous amount of credit. Obviously and Bardo in the Dodgers' bullpen and Connor McGuinness and all of the guys obviously deserve a part in this, but they know what the guy is successful in doing that, you know, kind of go with what got you here and will help you hone in on that and be who you are.
Speaker 5: And it has proven time and time again.
Speaker 2: Eric Lauer just another in the mix that the Dodgers don't force.
Speaker 5: You to be what you're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you mentioned the McGinnis part. I think even Lauer mentioned that Connor McGuinness speaks his language when he's talking about pitching. And you know, you're seeing a lot more of the curveball usage. And now I'm gonna put the lower stats back up on the screen here, because how good this dude has been in his now five appearances for the Dodgers capped with this one six no hit innings. This is this is the type of stuff that the Dodgers, that this pitching staff does. You mentioned Mark Pryor. I'm just in a piggyback on what you already said there is like they are so good at often maximizing and this is what you see with guys like River Ryan who was kind of a nobody when they acquired him. You know, you've seen it with I mean machine was a drafty reviving the career of somebody like Tyler Anderson a couple of years ago, making him into an All star. This is what they do. They they identify something you could do just a little bit better without, like you said, is without changing everything without you know, oh well, let's drop an arm slot or let's let's you know, change where you're at on the rubber. Maybe they might do something like that. It's like, no, you already have good stuff. You aren't good enough to have made it to the big leagues. Why not just maximize your best qualities for five six innings if you can get that far, and you know, we got the best of Eric Lauer here, and shit, where would this team be without Eric Lawer.
Speaker 2: I also think that it's a matter of you don't always have to be the guy because there's twenty five others around you. So you really do have the opportunity to kind of just be yourself and continue to obviously improve on what you have, but use what got you there in the first place. And he knows his role, And I think that's another thing about Dave Roberts in particular and the Dodger staff is that I think they're very good at communicating. They're very good at knowing, letting guys know the expectations of what their role is. I mean, Santiago Espinal knew it was going to be a two month stint, you know.
Speaker 5: Like that, that type of thing.
Speaker 2: And I think they're very good about letting guys knows as much as they can, letting guys up know, out front, up front, what the expectation is of them and kind of the role on the team. And that's I think that's all you can ask for, right is open communication and honesty and transparent garancy and then anything beyond that. I mean, you know, I think that's as as an adult and as a human being.
Speaker 5: But that's all you can ask for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So to say Connor McGinn Connor m Madie Man's in the chat saying Connor McGinnis is one of the greatest A moments MMA fighters ever. But you know, it's just a dicking around here in the chat. The final thing is you kind of mentioned the Shean factor in there, Katie. Not a good start for ammit, Sheen. I've been on the send Sheen to triple a train for maybe longer than most. It feels like maybe we might be getting a step closer to that. What can you tell us about Shean's status?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a good start and not really a good month for Emmitt Sheen. He had a really good start against the Diamondbacks on the very I believe it was due first and then three clunkers in a row.
Speaker 4: Even against the White.
Speaker 1: Sox those five score listenings, he looks more like Emmett Sheen and then just ran into traffic obviously in the sixth inning there.
Speaker 4: We don't need to rehash that. We know it.
Speaker 1: I think important about Emma she and going forward is I as we know, I'm more of the exercise patient person on this show, where I'm like, hey, you know what, Like a lot of said, they're nine games up, they're the first team to fifty wins. We can give some of these guys a bit of a lasha figure it out.
Speaker 4: But with EMMITTT.
Speaker 1: Sheen, it's been more of the same problems and not a lot of moving forward. And I think it got to a point yesterday. I'll read two quotes that I thought we're telling, one from Emmett Shean, and one from Dave Roberts. We talked to Emtt after the game and he said, straight up, execution was really bad at the start on Sunday.
Speaker 4: You out six earned and three and a third.
Speaker 1: And then Emmittt said, at this point, my coaches, teammates, fans all deserve better than what I'm putting out there. Dave Roberts followed up with just hasn't done where we need it to be, where Shean wants it to be, and I think right now he's probably searching a little bit. He'll get a start this next one and we'll see where it takes us. So that suggests you both parties are at least a line that this kind of pitching performance just can't continue because it's not like the starts there are getting better. Pictures are a lot to have a couple of bad starts throughout the course of the season. But for Emmtt, we just haven't seen a lot of progress there. So he will take his next start against the Padres. I believe that's going to be that Sunday series finale in San Diego, and if you know, it doesn't go the way that the Dodgers would like it to go, and EMTT doesn't see signs of progression.
Speaker 4: We've been very patient about River Ryan.
Speaker 1: We've discussed where you know, the Dodgers and where they stand on him. Maybe that's a solution, but I think it's fair to at least question what the long term look for Shean looks in the rotation right now, just because the last month or so it hasn't been you know, I think of the quality that both he and the Dodgers expected to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's here's a final Uh you know, I guess lending itself to what you're saying, Patience Simmonson some aside, I don't even know how to say the name, but commenter saying on pace to win one hundred and four one hundred and nine games last year they won ninety three. Relax, everybody can relax, but at some point it does need to be about getting the job done, and she has not been exceptional at doing that. Also, before we sign off, I want to acknowledge we got a nine ninety nine super chat here from what is that LA eight two four dash ld R A lot in there talking about the Mooki factor here missing seeing Mookie in right field, he's done a good job at sorry, great job at shortstop. Maybe adding in some flexibility with Mooky. I don't see that happening.
Speaker 2: After not after all of the all of the uh the comments about him being short, and all of the work that he's done, and how the how the change is messed up his offense, and no, Mooky's.
Speaker 5: Our shortstop for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 1: Tommy I've been can play a very very strong right field, So let's just bounce him around. That's why he's back. Study out of your Swiss harm Knie whatever guys want to call it. Tommy Tanks apparently is what he's known as over here.
Speaker 3: It's Tommy Tanks. You gotta love the Tommy Tators as well. Gets a job done. Uh that's about it. I don't have much more to add. The Dodgers win. Dodgers the first team to fifty wins this season in baseball. They got a commanding lead in the NL West as well, So it's gonna be great. It's gonna be good. Chuckie Robinson won't be forever the back of catching. Let's just catch it strays, now, just catch it strays. Guys, We appreciate you hanging out with us, Risen, I will be back postgame Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Correct, that is correct.
Speaker 3: Do not believe we will have Katie there, but she will be back with us on Thursday for whatever that show looks like. Guys, make sure you are tubed into that subscribed to the channel if you would not mind help us get to twenty thousand subscribers. Also, if you want to continue the conversation, I'm moving over to my old Dodgers YouTube channel because apparently I just can't get enough talking about Dodgers wins. Join me and Jeff Snyder over there. That's it, see you in the next one.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, guys, will see you Wednesday. Thanks for being here.
Speaker 4: Bye.