Speaker 1: Also media.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, Robert Evans here, and I wanted to let you know this is a compilation episode. So every episode of the week that just happened is here in one convenient and with somewhat less ads package for you to listen to in a long stretch if you want. If you've been listening to the episodes every day this week, there's going to be nothing new here for you, but you can make your own decisions.
Speaker 3: Welcome to it could happen here a podcast. We're in the wake of mom Dommy's victory. We are revising the old twenty sixteen slogan, eat your pheasants, drink your wine. Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine. I am your host, Mio Wong, with Rius Garrison Davis looking unhappy.
Speaker 4: Well, this is actually the new mandatory greeting in New York has to read yes yesterday, yeah, instead of saying hi on the subway or just trying to avoid each other. We have to all recite this now. It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: FDR used to call the US the forty eight States the Soviet of Seattle, and I have I haven't quite figured out what the version.
Speaker 4: Of that for New York is yet but no, no, the New York City nationalism really is a thing. Yeah yeah, even if the country falls, I think I think New York will remain as a remain as a city state beacon.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I'm having to temper my sort of Chicago in like this is a two two Chinese city like for this, and I'm also having to temper my like reflexive, uh not even reflexive. Bye bye bye, incredibly well thought out in detailed thoughts of electoralism and so so so today today, if I have to cover electoralism positively, we're doing this in sports format. Oh we are, we are. We are looking at what's been going on with the reaction to mom Donnie's when we are fully we are fully doing winners and losers. It's gonna be great. We're gonna have a good time.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm still traumatized from the World Series, so I don't really appreciate the sports framing. I actually the World's World Series Game seven. I was watching it at a bar and then I had to go across town to a different bar because I knew Zoron was doing the little gay bar hop on the same night as the World Series finale, so I missed the last thirty minutes. I had to leave during the ninth inning when the Blue Jays were still ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh no. And then and then in transport the Dodgers tie. They did two extra innings and then one, and it was devastating. And then I saw Bom Donnie dancing at a gay club like ten minutes later. It was serious, gracious, You're welcome, welcome to being a Seattle Mariners fan. This is this is why, yes, all the time for us, everything well.
Speaker 4: Aware, No, of course I I what I'm not cheering for the Jay is usually usually I'm cheering for the Mariners.
Speaker 3: So I know again, the only way to survive this is to become a truly transcendent, true Mariners fan, where you are not in this for winning and losing. You were in this for the fact that we had a guy whose name was Big Dumper because his ass was big as fuck and he had sixty home runs. And that's what you're in this game for. Okay, Okay, we're gonna turn this around. We're gonna turn this around. We're gonna actually start with winners with I think the most serious thing that we're going to do today not a high bar. Yeah, not a high bar. But I think in the words of the great John Boyce, this moment belongs to her. And that's Lindsay Bolan, who was the first woman to accuse Cuomo of sexual harassment, who is one of the bravest women I've ever seen. And she's having a great time. That's good. There's a bunch of pictures of her going around that she's posting. She's so happy it rocks. She's yeah, she's just she's just having a great time.
Speaker 4: This is this is like a dual pronged moment, right. One prong is just seeing Andrew Cuomo get completely humiliated for the second time in a row. Yes, and then the whole, the whole you know, like perspective hope of what a Mom Donnie mayoral occupation could could meet. It's like a whole separate thing, uh than just watching Cuomo get absolutely decimated. Right if there was if there was someone who was only half as good as Mom Donnie who destroyed Cuomo, and we still it would still be fun to laugh at Cuomo. The fact that it's Mam Donnie is just a little bit of like an extra extra icing on top.
Speaker 3: I guess yeah. And I want to read a quote from her that she could this this this was from before especially, I could tell since the actual win, she's just been like partying and hasn't really been giving, like I think she went onto bocracy now. But like she she had this great line from this, this piece and the Independent, uh that was titled we will beat these monsters and this this was from this. This is from the original primary win. I hope every woman who has ever faced an abuser like Quota one knows she doesn't have to be ashamed, she doesn't have to hide, because we will beat these monsters. New Yorker said no more to Andrew Cuomo, and that is just remarkable. And this ship rocks, this rocks.
Speaker 4: Fuck him, especially Cuomo, who ran his campaign. I'll be like, it's dangerous to be a woman on the subway, and we're like why because you're gonna be on it like like his whole, his.
Speaker 3: Whole, like law and order.
Speaker 4: New York is a dangerous, scary place to live because there's predators out there. It was like a main part of his campaign. Meanwhile, four years ago he resigned because he was a predator.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eleven eleven women came forward like that's remarkable, astounding, and you know this is hopefully this is this is the beginning of many, many, many defeats that these fucking people will have over the coming years.
Speaker 4: Hopefully the last defeat for Cuombo, but for others of his ill walk Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, these there are there are many, many people who hold a whole variety of offices and sometimes are just like your boss or someone you work with or someone Yeah, and fuck them, We're gonna beat them all. This rocks. So that that's that's winner number one, Winter number two. People with child's people with childs. Wow, people with child Look, I agree, I got so little sleep last night. I was I have no excuse. I was up being extremely gay at like four in the morning. I'm really tired.
Speaker 5: H Yeah.
Speaker 3: People people with children getting getting free childcare a thing that is in fact really good.
Speaker 4: Free childcare would be would be pretty cool. And it's one of the few things on the Momdani platform that, like the governor herself, is pretty pretty set on how helping to achieve.
Speaker 3: And you know there's Spike Lee who's having a great time partying, is just just just just loving it. It's great, it's great, that's good. Yeah. Renters also good. Yeah, people people who live in rent stabilized apartments getting not the rent increased, and also they're being more rent controlled housing built good good things, good things. People who buy food. When I say people who buy food, right, you would think that's all people. Most of the people who we are going to be talking about on this list, those motherfuckers have not set foot in a grocery store in a decade. There really, truly is a classified between people who buy food and people who do not ever buy their own food.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like around if you make around two hundred thousand dollars a year based on the time that you spend procuring your own groceries, people argue that it's more efficient for you to order or have people bring food to you and not do any of that work yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, so we have that, we have. You know, I think that there's there's a sort of macro point you can make here about you know, the ties between affordability and the sort of the sort of politics affordability in the ways in which there are a bunch of people who would affects and then there is the top five percent of the us, who do fifty percent of the country's consumer spending. Who this is not going to affect because they do fifty percent of their consumer spending on bullshit. And also I want to, I want to I'm gonna, I'm gonna declare myself a winner because I fucking hate Mody and Zorn called Mody a war criminal and specifically talked about his mass killings of Muslims and Gujarat, which is the first time I've ever seen a major American politician talk about that and fuck him, he's the butcher of Gujarat. Eat shit. Yeah, this is this is this is This is a kind of short winners section because you know, I could list like people in New York City, like who aren't really rich, like Harrison right, like you know, but this is mostly a loser's episode. This is mostly a Oh my fucking god, the right is doing a crash out and oh boy, there are some great stuff. So I want to start the losers with Laura Ingram. Who the chevron on her show? Who? Who? Who? Laura Ingram?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: Fox News host evil She's still on Fox News.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah yeah, her her Fox News thing that the chevron on It was by winning the Democrats are actually losing.
Speaker 4: Which is the trust God God, I hope. So from your mouth to God's ears, Laura, so.
Speaker 3: Good, it's the most There's a whole genre of this. If I wanted to, I literally could have just pulled things that were like the Democrats are winning by actually losing like that. There's like Ross Douthitt, who's like the sort of make work higher, like she's one of the old school makework higher in your Times calumnists. He's like a very very weird Catholic who used to advocate Catholics like taking the benedict option and going into the woods and not interacting with society, which please rawsout it and your ILK.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's not very Catholic.
Speaker 3: Please do that. Yeah, if you want to go argue theology with Ross down, go fucking happily, or like go do this. Yeah, but like you know, douth of the New York Times immediately is like Momgani's victory is lessgnificant than you think, and it's like, ah, yes, we are we are getting out. We are not owned, we are not owned, et cetera, et cetera. Sololely turning into a corn.
Speaker 4: Cob humping the copium straight into my veins.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. It's truly amazing stuff. I think it in the just pure cope vein is Did you did you see the Mike Cernovich post about this? No? No, Oh my god. Okay, So I'm not gonna how do I say this, I'm not gonna association us quote sweeting a video that's just like it's like a five minute video of like the Zetio whatever live stream of of the after party, and it's just Cernavich is just going, this is a rowdy, masculine environment. You can feel the energy as the Heritage Foundation is putting members through a struggle session and demanding a deidan. The left is winning true true, And then like that is that is happening right now.
Speaker 4: We'll be doing a piece on the Heritage struggle sessions probably later this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And that's the that's the do we accept the overt neo Nazi or not?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Conflict, which they are very divided on, which is not not a great sign. Gotta say, I gotta say, don't don't love that. But in another just incredible like I'm not mad thing. Surtavitch post that and then quote tweets his own tweet and says, if you didn't know anything about politics, you would say this is the sign I want to be on Conservative inc. Is joyless. It's the house of scolding nags. It offers young men nothing beyond moralizing and hypocrite lecture.
Speaker 4: This is probably also following the fallout of the Fuentez Tucker interview and the like sectarian right. Yep, yep, that's that's not really in fighting necessarily, but like these these debates on on Fuentez is placed within the Conservative Party, and this argument against what I guess like right wing cancel culture that you have people like vans like Matt wallsh talk about how like we should not be you know, canceling people like Tucker or you know, these young GOP staffers, her white phremacists for saying things that are offensive because we need to have a united front against the left versus this whole other reaction from like Shapiro and you have heritage just caught in the middle of this, and there's like senators and Mike Johnson who or who are trying to like keep this like legitimate, like anti Semitic, but like also like anti Israel, but through anti Semitism, like this anti Semitic is section of the right led by fuentees like keep it quarantined, which is increasingly breaking quarantine.
Speaker 3: So they're looking.
Speaker 4: At how the right has devolved into this fighting and then seeing the election of Zoran and being like, oh, the grass is greener on that side, I guess, which is really odd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And it's so funny because it's just like literally just all of the shit they've been saying about the left forever, they're just suddenly like, oh my god, they the some part some of the right is like maybe maybe not literally the neo Nazi, And now they're like, oh, it's actually it's actually the right that is, uh, the house of scolding nags who offer young men nothing beyond moralizing and a hypocritical lecture, which is it's just amazing. It's I don't know, it's so funny. They're they're just they're just losing it insofar as there is a kind of important thing here. It's that like in a moment where you know, the sort of ruling party is becoming increasingly unpopular, they're also fracturing from the inside to the extent where like their like worst nightmare just got elected as the mayor of New York and instead of like rallying, they're doing this shit. Very funny. There's been a few governor reactions. I'm gonna pull from the Guardian here a great Abbot tweeted, joined me in a moment of silence for New York City thoughts and prayers.
Speaker 4: Abbot's been been losing it over the selection.
Speaker 3: It's so funny, it's very good. Rick Scott is the center of a Florida to the Guardian, Florida has welcomed those fleeing communists and socialist regimes for decades, wrote Senator Rick Scott of Florida. Tonight is no different. Florida will welcome all freedom loving New Yorkers.
Speaker 4: It's funny because that's very different from Abbot's promise of trying to teariff people who flee from New York to Texas.
Speaker 3: Abbot's like, oh shit, hold on, maybe maybe I can cash in on all of this money. We're gonna we're we're gonna get to whether people are actually fleeing New York. In a later segment, spoiler alert note yet, but come there is still time if we want people to flee New York. We're just gonna have to do it ourselves. Speaking of doing it ourselves, this podcast, we do it, but also the products and services support the show do it.
Speaker 4: We cannot, in fact do it ourselves. You know, we have to at this point have the assistance of the capitalist advertising industry.
Speaker 3: So enjoy, enjoy that we are back. So let's turn to Elon Musk. Who is I mean, I guess for Elon Musk he is kind of having a normal one. He is doing a bunch of his normal posts about how like Western civilization is doomed unless the core weakness is suicidal empathy.
Speaker 4: Is recognized suicidal empathy.
Speaker 3: It's so bad. There's there's a very very funny segment that I'm not gonna play just because like, I don't, I don't, I do not believe in exposing our dear listeners to having to listen to Elon must try to talk because this clip, yeah, yeah, there's no him on Joe Rogan, where Joe Rogan's like, okay, why did you call him Donnie a swindler? And it's just a minute straight of Elon Musk going uh, he has nothing.
Speaker 4: He can't even complete a full sentence he had at one point says that, you know, swindlers will always say what the audience wants to hear, and that's the only thing he's he that's the only complete thought that he gives. The rest of his sentence or attempts at making a sentence is just saying the word like five times and then saying that. Well, you know, Zorn is actually quite charismatic.
Speaker 3: His brain is so cooked, it's so good. It's and I say this as someone who stammers a significant amount. This is this is just there's nothing going on in his brain.
Speaker 4: This is closer to head empty noe thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that empty no thoughts derogatory, which derogatory.
Speaker 4: Comma bands always derogatory, always, always derogatory.
Speaker 3: Oh god. So there's been this sort of mix of like the world is falling with this also kind of oh my god, he won. And also this is a very attractive charismatic dude. It is kind of breaking these people's brains that there's just like a hot guy who beat the shit out of them. There's like there's like definitely sort of like psychosexual politics going on here. You can see it in a shit posting.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely would have a heyday I don't know would have a heyday writing about the psychosexual aspect of the anti Zoron Andy. Obviously, some of the pros are unbeatful as well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, this is a great things are happening in politics. Even Trump has had to defend his looks as being better than mister mum Dannie, which objectively not true. Very funny saying is quote unquote much better looking. It's so funny.
Speaker 4: But they also have this weird thing that some people on the left are doing. This is largely a Twitter thing, but this does seep out into real world conversations, which I've I've heard is thirsting after Zorn's wife and comparing and comparing Zorn's wife to like like Millennia or something, and like in a whole bunch of really weird ways.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, that's really weird. Don't do that.
Speaker 4: Look how like beautiful and aristocratic Zoron's wife is versus God versus uh former porn star Milania Trump. And you're like, country, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Guys? This is the doing misogyny. You're doing misogyny. It's bad. Simply don't do that.
Speaker 4: But we do love the twenty seven year old zoomer New York for a lady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she fucking rocks. Good. Good for her, Good for her. Check out her art. I want to I want to turn a little bit to Speaker of the House Mike Johnson. He said Democrats in New York have chosen a true extremists and Marxist and the consequences will be felt across our entire nation. He also said that Badabi's policies are defunding the police, seizing private property, and massive tax increases, which I fucking wish.
Speaker 4: I mean, that does all sound kind of cool, but that is that is absolutely not what Zorn's current state of politics are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's also funny because this is the same reaction they've had to every single Democrat who's been elected in the past twenty years. Totally. The right has so much just sort of weird projection shit, and I feel like they've been doing this whole like, oh my god, you all call this fascists, and now we're all fascists. And it's like, no, you called Barack Obama, who was like the most neoliberal Democrat they've ever put in office, maybe second only to Boke Clinton. Maybe like you called him a communist, and now it's like, okay, this guy's a democratic socialist, and you're just saying like, oh this time, now, this time is communism. This is just like okay, really.
Speaker 4: Now the boy who cried will think that the right does all the time. It depowers their own rhetorical tactics.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: And you see this in a few ways. I think you've seen this in part with like the trans mass shooter thing. And certainly they've been doing this thing around you communism or socialism for a while to the point where you can have the mayor of New York proudly call himself a socialist, a democratic socialist, and gets elected with record numbers.
Speaker 3: Yep. So one of the things that he's going to be dealing with, obviously, is is the financial class. We're gonna get to some more weird reactions. But there's a very fun NPR quote that I'm going to read. I'm always gonna read this quote. I think it's the stages of grief, said Karen Wilde, who runs the Partnership for New York City, an influential business group that represents more than three hundred large employers. It's very funny they're fully in their like acceptance negotiation phase of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think they might not be letting on the degree to which they have been in this process.
Speaker 3: For a while.
Speaker 4: There was like a final push among like Bloomberg, who probably met with Mamdannie like months ago, and they like developed like a kind of like truce, which Bloomberg broke in the week before the election when he suddenly funneled millions of dollars into islamaphobic ads like nine to eleven ads.
Speaker 3: But there was a lot of.
Speaker 4: Meetings happening between Mamdani and people who would make up his future administration and the business class, which have happened since he won the primary in June. And this sort of negotiating and bargaining has been going on for quite a while. And I think the acceptance now is really the final I mean, these steps aren't necessarily always always like sequential, but I think we were rapidly approaching the acceptance phase across the city and people are actually looking at like realistically and what what the what the negotiating side of enacting these things is going to look like, including the financial people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that said, Ken Griffin not happy at all. No, they're not happy. No, this is this is a business Insider for the people of New York. I pray that the policies Montdammy uses to govern and lead New York are different than the talking points he used to win the may own race. People in New York deserve better. I do want to I did cut out the part in the middle of There's the Business Insider where he said this Wednesday at the American Business Forum in Miami. In New York like to say this very funny. Hell yeah, very funny in this sort of like crashout spectrum. So tho, the people who are like having the absolute worst time are a bunch of Israeli politicians who are very mad about this shocking. Yeah, I'm just gonna quote the Washington Post here. Israel's far right Minister of Security Ben Gavir said Wednesday that Mamdami's win would be quote remembered eternally. Is the moment when anti Semitism overcame common sense. Diaspora Affairs Minister on each I cheekly, in an excoriating statement, accused New York City of quote handing its keys over to a Hamas supporter. And this is also a giant loss for one Benjamin Nett and Yahou who Mamdami has said he will arrest that's put in New York, which rocks very funny. Will this actually happen? I don't know, hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean these things just don't work anymore, like they Yeah, you, Like I watched an interview with Jonathan Greenblatt, the head of the ADL like Good Morning America, like like talking about this and how they're establishing an anti Semitism monitor to track the Zorn administration. And even like the hosts of Good Morning America were like, come on, man, Like that's not he's not he's not an anti se Like he's he's against he's against the genocide of Gaza. Like he's not. He's not like a Jew hating anti semi. Yeah, and like they were even getting tired of green BLAT's little like shtick and how he was constantly like performing to the camera to try to get people to like, I don't report incidents that then they'll add into this into this monitor program, so they'll try to blame them Amdani administration for not protecting Jews or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This was on Mourning Joe on ms NBC not good Morning America, My apologies.
Speaker 3: This is also you know, if you want to talk about another sort of category of losers, just like all of the unhinged islamophobia. Oh yeah, like all the people spreading that God annihilated. Yeah, just absolutely smash and like and yeah, and you know it is worth saying. Yeah, like, this was one of the most racist campaigns I have ever seen, but that Andrew Cuomo sort of waged it was oh yeah, just hideous, more racist than Trump versus Kamala by far. Yeah, like exceptionally so, and done by you Democrat establishment figures largely yep, man, just rancid and they got their ass handed to them. And I think that's good. There's a very very public level of exceptions for soomophobia. You can just say the most homophobic shit anyone's ever heard on TV and it's fine and no one does anything. But also, like, people don't fucking like that shit. It sucks, it's awful, and fuck these people. And you know, I think this is sort of the tide turning. Oh and speaking of the tide turning, Bill Ackmans, as we've talked about on ED, bending the knee, saying Congress they are on about dominy. Congrats on the wind. Now you have a big responsibility if I could help New York City, just let me know what I can do. Very good. So to sort of close out this, like the losers section, I want to turn there's a great piece and defector about the people who've threatened to leave New York City if Mom Donnie won and unfortunately reached out for comment, none of them were actually leaving. It's really sad because people don't want to leave the city.
Speaker 4: It's a good city, which is the whole point of Zorn's campaign was about how much the city is cool and rocks and Cueobo's campaign was but how much it's bad and scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And unfortunately, tragically this does mean that you are going to have to have Dave Portney and this whole this whole crew of Barshel dipshits still in the city. So good luck. I hope you appropriate them. I hope they hope they have a bad time. Now I want I want to move into my last category, which is the sort of bad category. We got a kind of wild Obama quote quote the future looks a little bit brighter. It's a reminder that when we come together around strong, forward looking leaders who care about the issues that matter, we can win. It's a it's a very silly quote. The odds that Obama personally had at least one person on that campaign staff beaten dream occupy are very high. Like it's it's really truly this moment of like, brother, you spent so much time trying to make sure this wouldn't happen, and you have failed, and now you're in the like, I'm gonna do the Obama thing. We're like, I'm the friend of all the young leaders, and I'm going to give them the worst advice You've ever heard in your entire life. I don't know, still still still have never gone over Obama personally intervening to make sure the NBA players didn't go on strike during the uprising. Oh god, what of the one of the worst like post presidents moments I've ever seen. I want to close on Jamie Diamond, the CEO of JP Morgan Chase, who when I sked what mont Donnie said quote he's a young man, will he get good at it? I haven't said about Muntdonmmie making and implementing good policies. I see a lot of people in big jobs, including big political jobs, they grow into it. I've seen a lot of people they kind of swell into the job, they get worse, they you know, all of it becomes about them. I'm hoping he's the good one and that will be important for the future in New York, he said, true, true, and real.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I mean, like there is a lot of this slow capitulation, which you're even seeing with private comments from Trump that are being leaked into reporting through the New York Times, where in private Trump has called it mister mom Donnie a slick and good talker and a talented politician, and last Wednesday said that he might quote help him a little bit maybe unquote, and that he wants New York to succeed, which is, you know, contrary to like previous threats of like pulling back all funding if I'm Donnie gets elected.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think part of part of this reaction is both like how strong Zorn's victory is. We all like know that Trump likes winners, but also the fact that Zorn has like very quickly tried to establish dominance over the president in some ways hm hmm, in a way that like someone like Trump like kind of respects with Mam Donnie positioning himself as like a legitimate, like adversarial figure to Trump. Yeah, like right off the bat, And there's a little bit of the Trumpian mind that actually kind of appreciates that and thinks it's like cool and impressive.
Speaker 3: During the first Trump administration that there was a whole running theory that if you could get Trump in a room with Hugo Chavez, you can make him a socialist in like an hour, because he really does just repeat the last thing anyone in a room said to him. So we're like, we're finally going to test the theory of can we get a charismatic person in the room with him and make him do stuff he would normally do?
Speaker 4: And probably not, but you know, I mean, and like the biggest thing right now is like the difference in immigration policy.
Speaker 3: But like Trump's from New York.
Speaker 4: Trump knows how much New York is a city built by and run by immigrants, Like he knows that when Stephen Miller is like orchestrating all of his messaging, it's like the worst of the worst of the anti immigrant stuff. But I think in terms of Zorn's opposition to Trump, primarily being with immigration. I think Trump understands how immigration like rests very importantly into the identity of New York and in which with that's like the main oppositional force. I think Trump similarly well, is gonna understand where Mom Dannie is coming from.
Speaker 5: In a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think I think we are going to see like a particularly like Stephen Miller, Oh yeah, conflict as this goes on.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, because this is this is the perfect example of stuff that Miller and people like Matt Walsh and like the Great Replacement people have been talking about. And the other huge batch of reactions that you're seeing from people like Walsh is that this election only went this way because of how many foreigners were allowed to vote in New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If this election was done by true New Yorkers quote unquote yep, then quota would have won. And looking there results of this election, looking at how many immigrants voted, people who have moved to New York in the past ten years, past five years, Mam Donnie did very well with with those groups.
Speaker 3: You have a lot of these like.
Speaker 4: Far right anti immigration people, yeah, pointing towards that as being like, this is what we're trying to defend the country against or else. All of our elections are going to go like this unless we make sure that only white Americans can vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then and so there's there's that reaction, water sign the other the the other reaction from roughly that crowd is women cannot be allowed to vote.
Speaker 4: Yes, which they also they also believe that like yeah, yeah, this analysis obviously has faults, but it's it's even falling apart in terms of like the young male vote. Yeah, yeah, they got hammered, which the Republicans have, you know, have been been very very excited about about how much you know, young men are voting for the Republican Party. Right, young young men are all Republican, even if young women are all the Democrats. And you see in specifically this election where mom Donnie is up forty percent with young men, and the divide among men is mostly through age, with older men going for Cuobo and millennials and gen Z men swinging very strongly towards Mamdani. You have all these like Democrat thinking trying to figure out how do we attract the young male vote, how do we do this? And you have a guy show you what kind of policies what kind of messaging works exceedingly Well, Yeah, which just happens when people tried so hard to kill that strategy, and it's was proven twice in a row, first with the primary and even more so with the general.
Speaker 3: And yeah, that will frighten the GOP.
Speaker 4: It'll frighten them seeing that young men will vote for a democratic socialist if they actually have these policies and you have this type of like solid messaging, they're not condescending, and they candidate embodies like a new generation of change. It's very threatening to the GOP and to establishment Democrats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like, like I've see Steve Bannon's out here being like, if he leaves in the midterms and leaves in twenty twenty eight, I'm going to prison, which from.
Speaker 4: Your own here, So like, No, the biggest mistake the Democrats made last time, well, there's many many big mistakes, all right, Palestine being a huge one.
Speaker 3: But I think a huge mistake they made.
Speaker 4: It's not completely destroying Trump and his whole like cat's ability to like exist in public life, like they he Trump should have been immediately in prisoned for trying to overthrow the government and basically set into a whole and after that Supreme Court ruling on the presidential community, it should have been taken out as like a national security threat. Like Democrats cannot cannot play this like they go low, we go high game anymore.
Speaker 3: If we're going to get out of this, and it's probably not given the Democrats, you do this, but like are Nuremberg is going to have to make the original Nuremberg look like paper clip.
Speaker 4: Like, well, that's what the original Nuremburg was, the original Nuremberg.
Speaker 3: Also see that we were are Neurmberg to Nurmberg harder? I see, Yeah, I'm actually doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really like Jacob Geller's video on Nuremberg, and it is it is a nice emotional play to fall back on in times of of torment. But I don't think we're gonna Nuremberg ourselves out of this one. And unfortunately I don't have a very strong solid alternative at the moment. But at the very least Trump should have been treated much much harsher after after January sixth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can leave it as for now. Nuremberg to Warren's an ascend into Nuremberg. Well, this has been a gun happen here a rare, a rare, upbeat episode where all of our enemies are having a very bad time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're also mad about uh Lena Kahan on the transition team.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, very funny.
Speaker 4: They're so very mad, very mad, And go to Transition twenty twenty five to learn more about Sooron's Smaral Transition team. A fantastic url, really really going for it Transition twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Stealing treads Valor true real you go, girl. I give Zora on the past.
Speaker 5: He can say it.
Speaker 3: Zor invove Dubby estrogen.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, he's fine as he is.
Speaker 3: We're transit the comfort. He's actually a good looking man. He doesn't need it.
Speaker 4: He's actually he's actually figured it out.
Speaker 3: I think. Anyway, we're ending here.
Speaker 5: Hello, if you want to welcome to it could happen here? A punk asked, where I have just been attacked for my identity as a British person by my colleague Garrison Davis.
Speaker 3: I gere it's going to happen again?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 3: I never This podcast is not a safe space.
Speaker 5: Not for British people. Sadly, many many such places for us, including Britain, which is a country which is not doing so well right now, the Britain is still very safe. I don't want to talk about Britain today. I do, incidentally, I guess because I grew up in a country that has virtually no fucking public land. I mean in the commons.
Speaker 3: Yes, actually kind of topical, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: That is a question that actually and so earlier this year in September, I was staying with which in people who are indigenous to the Northern Alaskan, Interior Arctic and Subarctic, and one of them was like, Hey, how did you guys get so dislocated from your lands? One of my friends who I was talking to, and it was a really interesting question for me. Great because they have lived on that same land for as long as human beings have existed in the Americas, the twenty five thousand years something like that. Like, the answer is the enclosure of the commons, right, the answer is like proto capitalism is what removed folks like me from the land and identifying in a way that those people identify with the land. But in the United States, we do have a little bit or quite a lot actually of public land, right, various different types of public land, various different land protections, that anyone can go to where you don't have to be in America or a citizen. Anyone can go to public lands and enjoy them. Unfortunately, Utah Senator quote unquote based Mike Lee is once again attempting to weaken protections on wilderness, which will render some of the small parts of the USA they have not been fundamentally damaged by capitalism permanently and irrevocably changed. Are you familiar with Mike Lee. Yeah, he's the senator from Utah, the Senator from Utah. Yeah, and he's based as you have said, Yes, he's based, right, that's this. He's a hashtag poster. He's a poster.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He operates a Twitter account which some might deem as offensive and tweets about current current events in a very provocative way. Yeah, usually in line with some kind of partisan sentiments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's pretty fair.
Speaker 4: Specifically, following the assassination of Melissa Hortman and her husband, made a series of of tweets that were I guess, kind of insensitive, if not actually if not laying blame at the governor of Minnesota in this kind of ironic joking way where you have plausible deniability, but in general handled that situation very grossly, and I think that that's what most people might know his tweets for. But he's very active, he's he's tweets about many many a thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, if he thinks that he post sit but yeah, yeah, his most people will know him as a guy who made the extremely poor taste posts following those murders Nightmare on walls the street. Yeah, just nothing to be posting U when some people have been murdered.
Speaker 4: I think in general, when people are murdered, I think we as humans should.
Speaker 5: Should post the last Yeah. Yeah, right, if somebody has died, like, just don't post you know it did? Maybe nice to say this is terrible, so and your condolences or whatever, but realistically their family aren't looking on on Twitter dot com to see you who who's sending their condolences, but they sure as funk we'll find out if you try and make a funny about it. So to just don't just resist urge to post another urge that Mike Lee sadly have is.
Speaker 3: I don't like that at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you like we're talking about Mike Lee's urges.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's in the broadcastable space. Mike Lee has the urge to sell off public land. He has tried twice this year. We spoke about this a little bit on ed right. We talked about it in the context of the Big Beautiful Bill or the one Big Beautiful Bill Act.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did try that like half a year ago.
Speaker 5: Yes, he did. Well, Garrison, I regret to inform you that Mike Lee is back somehow.
Speaker 3: Mike Lee has returned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and this time he has got a new thing. So last time, if you remember, he talked about selling off the public land to make affordable housing. Sure, sure, yeah.
Speaker 3: Not going to look into this any further.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna that was exactly what he was relying on. That no one gave a shit about the millions of acres that we all get access to, and they would just trust him on.
Speaker 3: That one based Mike Lee and his abundance exactly.
Speaker 5: It's him and Ran shaking hands when it comes to affordable housing, but something they care about very much, I'm sure, something that Mike Lee has campaigned on for. He did not stick Landing on that because people read the proposal and they noticed that it was going to do nothing for housing affordability whatsoever. If it did create any housing at all. It was going to be like super rich people's McMansions. You know, this was not going to do anything to move the needlean and affordable housing in the US. This time he has found a cause which receives even less scrutiny. Can you guess what it is, Garrison.
Speaker 4: Ah, for why we need to sell the public lands? Yes, I'm trying to not just look ahead on your script.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there is a document in front of you which, as he asked, it, so close your eyes. But there's like two or three things in the US where everyone just seems to turn a blind eye.
Speaker 4: To, like, Oh, I mean this is it for like is it for like developing land for like oil data centers?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Well, that probably is what's happening. But he's he's smart enough not to say that.
Speaker 4: Right, super gold magic carp as in the as in the film Eddington. I mean I would guess the data centers, but that that's that I could be wrong.
Speaker 5: It's border security. Oh great, of course, right, you could have said anti terrorism and probably got there to you. But no, it is it is securing US southern well all aboarders, actually southern border, northern border, eastern and Western maritime borders. Obviously they're they're looking to prevent any more people coming in from Canada.
Speaker 8: Is not a border stick that that is correct, that borders because literally, so you go to search something, pulled up the map of the United States. I was like, I don't think you maybe I'm misremembering, but Uta is not a border state.
Speaker 5: Is absolutely not a border states.
Speaker 4: Actually not a border state. It is above Arizona, which.
Speaker 5: Is yeah, so that is perhaps what's going on here. Mike Lee has found a way to sell off public lands without selling off Utah public lands. Oh, in this case, not really sell off, but destroy and degrade in a way which is very clearly going to lead to commercial exploitation. Right what Lee proposes, what Lee's bill has a bunch of cosponsors. I believe the only border state senator co sponsoring it is head crewis. Yeah, that makes sense, big public lands, respector. But Lie's bill would allow the Department of Homeland Security to quote inventory illegal roads and trails on public land within one hundred miles of the border and then convert them into navigable roads. That is the part that makes no sense, right, Like when you look at Lee's statements and I will read one of Lee's statements here. So this is a statement on the Senate Energy Committee web page where they talk about Energy Natural Resources Committee. Is quote from Mike Lee explaining his bill quote, Biden's open border chaos is destroying America's crown duels. I'm going to pause here to note this. According to my watch, we're at November seventh, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Well your watches, rog, Yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Are once again asking the most important question of.
Speaker 2: Our time was president who is?
Speaker 3: He used the presidense?
Speaker 5: It didn't. It's not even like talking about twenty twenty and pretending that Trumble was a president.
Speaker 4: He's doing it right now, that the art border policies are destroying our nactual lands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were a year after the election. You've had time to come to terms with this. You can't just keep pointing at Joe Biden like but apparently I guess you can.
Speaker 4: They're going to keep doing that for three more years until there's a new guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So let's go on with Chairman Lee, his chairman of this Senate Energy Natural Resources Committee. Right, Families who want to enjoy a safe hike or camp out are instead finding trash piles, burned landscapes, and trails closed because rangers are stuck cleaning up the fallout. Cartels are exploiting the disorder, using these lands as cover for their operations. This bill gives land managers and border agents tools to restore order and protect these places for the people they were meant to serve. He's doing the thing where he says one thing and then his build does something completely different. Yeah, what he is saying is on the face of it, somewhat ridiculous. But what he's claiming he's going to do is protect these lands.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: What the bill allows them to do is to find roads that are not permitted and turn them into navigable roads.
Speaker 4: So just actually pave roads, yes, in the protected wildlife in.
Speaker 5: The Yeah, well, crucially in wilderness areas. Right, So in the nineteen sixty four Wilderness Act not allow for there to be any mechanized access. Lie's bill proposes not just to amend the Wilderness Act for within one hundred miles of the border, but to amend it entirely to allow for the construction of roads so.
Speaker 3: That they can pulice the public lands better. That's that's what he's saying. Yeah, right.
Speaker 5: Well, he's one of his claims is for search and rescue, and that there are already exemptions that allow for mechanize search and rescue access, right, like yeah, things like helicopters, right, helicopters. Yeah, if you get and even like you get like motorized gurneys, you can use the SAR things like that, right, Like they even ATVs. Right, there's a threat to human.
Speaker 3: Lives a Toyota tacoma.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you'd struggle in most wilderness lands with the tacoma, but yeah, you could. You could give it a college try, but it's ludicrous. He hasn't even made an effort to join the dots, you know. It also calls for fire mitigation by clearing fuels and building fire breaks, and includes a provision that would quote address invasive or non native species in the wilderness area. Yeah, like what are you going to go in there and round us?
Speaker 4: Everyone's planting and spreading invasive species.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, of course they're invasive species right. Late, Like, if you go to parts of where I live, like you'll see mustard, which is not an indigenous species. Because the climate's changing and people move around the world and like lots and lots of animals that weren't like here twenty thousand years ago, are here now.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can make an argument for managing these areas. I don't think he's coming at this from an environmental conservation standpoint.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the non native species thing is about other than just like nativism for plants, Like, I genuinely can't work it out. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. It also attempts to inventory damage done to public lands by migrants, Like what wildfires are caused by migrants? How many national parks are trashed by migrants?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Yeah, as opposed to the Americans that has since you treat these areas like dogshit. Yeahs who simply just don't do their jobs because they're too lazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And like the literally thousands of people a year who fucking drag their refrigerator or television onto public land and execute it by firing squad. Yeah, like yeah, maybe make a bill about that. I mean, you want to do something nice for public land. I want to give a definition of wilderness from Howard. I think it's zamasap and he ever read his name with the Wilderness Society, who more or less wrote Act It defines wilderness as quote a wilderness in contrast with those areas where man and his own works dominate the landscape is hereby recognized as an area where the earth and its community of life are untrammeled by man, where man himself is a visitor and who does not remain. I don't actually really like that definition. I like wilderness, but I'm not a big fan of the idea of like, quote unquote untouched wilderness. Right, like, every bit of what is now the United States is a place where indigenous people have been living and surviving for tens of thousands of years before it was the United States. It's not untouched. It's just not fucked by extractive capitalism in a way that a lot of our land has been in the last two hundred years.
Speaker 4: There could be touching without a fuck, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 5: I saw this mischievous look come on their face, and I didn't know which direction they were going to take it, but I didn't expect that one.
Speaker 3: Now this is podcasting.
Speaker 5: Yeah wow, yeah, we've just left the news reel. Let's do an advertising break it so we can't come back from that, all right, we've returned out de scandalized myself. Lee is currently making his claims right that this will somehow make the border safer and make people on public lands safer.
Speaker 4: This is such the thinnest justification that you're throwing in, Like this is so I severely doubt he sincerely even believes this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, the border patrol have access to all these lands, right, like I see I think the cumber wildness of state wilderness, I see border patrol in there all the time.
Speaker 4: I can see there's many reasons for why our republic and might be interested in, like building road infrastructure in these places and border security. Frankly, is insulting that you're that he's even trying to use that as a zeitgeist justification.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fucking ludicrous. Like the Trump administration is speed running extractive capitalism on our public lands right, just yesterday when we're recordings recording on Friday, Joe Biden is president, as you will remember, Friday seventh, November twenty twenty five, the Trump administration nominated. Okay, I've outed myself. I'm not a Biden. I'm not a Biden. Truth. The Trump administration don't d Steve Pierce to lead the Bureau of Land Management. Pis is a former New Mexico congressman who has supported brilling and fracking on federal land. He's also a serial loser in congressional and state races in New Mexico. I think he lost a Senate and a gubernatorial race, and he has voted to shrink existing public lands. The Trump admin did this before, right, people will probably if they're engaged in public land advocacy, they will remember the attempts to save the Bears Ears National Monument from oil exploitation, which again is in Utah. Utah is for whatever reason, Utah is a hotbed of anti public lands settlement. Amusingly, the previous nominee for the leadership of the BLM had to be removed when emails condemning Trump's response to January sixth came to light. She I guess failed the loyalty test. Trump has also put Doug Bergham at the head of the Department of the Interior. Right, if you're willing with Bergham's stick, guess.
Speaker 4: His name sounds incredibly familiar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was governor I believe in North Dakota. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah, Like he did this pivot on like culture war issues where he had previously been not opposed to abortion, for example, and he just took a massive swing to the right in order to kind of align with the MAGA position over time. So he's not only in the Department of the Interior. I wrote about this on my newsletter that I write because when he was nominated, he received a letter of support from the Outdoor Recreation round Table, a bunch of outdoor brands, notably ARII was one of the brands that supported his nomination. Bergham is another big oil and gas guy, right, He's a guy who has talked about the need for energy exploitation on public land. I have a whole script, did series and in working on about specifically drilling in the Arctic refuge. But this goes far far beyond that, right, this could potentially affect every piece of public land, every national park, a re national monument in the United States.
Speaker 3: Drill baby drill, Yes, drill baby.
Speaker 5: Drill is pretty much our approach to public land these days. Amusingly, ARII was shamed into rescinding their support of Bergham. Good for that, Yeah, yeah, one of the few instances where people probably posted their way to a change in in some in some kind of some kind of policy. I guess, even though it's only ARII policy, I want to talk a little bit about like how we got to this idea of public land and the sort of way that it's sometimes referred to, and in a where I would prefer we talked about it. I guess the idea we have right now is that there are various tiers of public land. Right, there's Bureau of Land Management land, which is often the least protected. We have national parks, we have national monuments, we have national forests, and we have wilderness, right, wilderness being among the most protected. The problem with this approach is that ecosystems don't necessarily respect property lines. Right. So let's take for example, in Alaska. Right, they have hundreds of thousands of acres of their own, but their traditional way of life and indeed, like their existence depends on the existence of the porcupine caribou herd. The porcupine caribou herd makes the longest migration of any land mammal on Earth, and it carves on the coastal plane, the coastal plain. The Guichin way of saying it would be I have heard this said a lot of times. My sincere apologies if I don't get it right, like I'm trama best. What's an gwandai goodly? It means a sacred place where life begins. It's a very sacred place for gwichin. Don't go there themselves because it's a sacred place. But it is not in the land. It is part of the Arctic refuge, a place where the Trump administration is selling oil and gas leases. Right, So if the caribou can't carve, then doesn't matter. It still matters to the which you have all this land. But they won't have their cariboo, right because the herd will be so disrupted by oil and gas drilling where it's carving that it will then disrupt that whole landscape. Right without cariboo, that landscape would be fundamentally different. So right now, the way we talk about public lands, I think we talk about them like in terms of leisure, right, Like often they're scene as having a value, Like I guess the classic example would be maybe don't remember this gag. Patagonia run an advertising campaign called the Places We Play In the last Trump administration. That's not it, right, that is not cool. I think if we only see wilderness as a place where like folks go outside to do send the nar on climbing routes and and fucking shred some mountain bike trails, bro, then we fundamentally like missed the value of it, right. Yeah, this goes back a long long time. For instance, if we look back in ninety twenty nine with specifically with the protection of the Arctic Refuge, we can see this piece that Bob Marshall wrote. Bob Marshall was a forest at the time, but he's kind of important in this creating this idea of like wilderness and wilderness protections. He talked about the quote unquote emotional values of the frontier being preserved in the wilderness, which again I think kind of tells us a lot a lot of what's going on here.
Speaker 4: It's a very very Theodore Roosevelt brained approach to conservation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, Like we can go out there and we can all pretend to be like the guys who participated in the genocide of indigenous peoples of North America. I guess like he also he considered using the definition attract of solitude and savageness, which again like it says a lot about like it's removing the people from the land, right like, like both literally and in our conception of it. And I don't think we should do that. Right when we talk about wilderness, we need to talk about it hand in hand with the indigenous people of this country and their traditional management practices which allowed this place to be unspoiled until folks started to exploit it in the last couple of hundred years. They'll take an ad break, hopefully we get something for like fracking or some other petrochemical industry, and it will be right back. We are back, and we are talking about Senator Mike Lee again, Garrison, would you like to guess which industries have emerged on the top of Senator Mike Lee's donor list when I cruise unto open secrets?
Speaker 3: Is it fracking and drilling?
Speaker 5: See real estate? He's got a ton of money from real estate. About six hundred and sixty five thousand. Six hundred and sixty five thousand is not that much money when you consider the millions of acres of public lands which would be completely and permanently altered by.
Speaker 4: This, right, Yeah, he really should be asking for a lot more money to sell.
Speaker 5: Off the secure the bag.
Speaker 4: If you're going to do this, it's grossly undervalue.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I always look at campaign donations and I kind of expect them to be in the billions or trillions when like you're looking at just this massive and permanent change in government policy.
Speaker 3: It's that easy, folks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is why we are launching a crowdfunding campaign to buy back or the public lands. We're not no one should own them. We should not be buying them back that they should be protected. It's kind of remarkable how many of our public lands this would impact right within one hundred miles of the border that gives us two thirds of the United States population. The general definition that DHS has operated with also includes all of the Great Lakes as quote unquote international waterways, so that takes in like a good chunk of the Midwest, right. It would then go one hundred miles from the shore of any of the Great Lakes. I've seen this reported on very poorly or not at all. A lot of the people who are better at talking about public lands are like the hunting fishing, like hook and bullet media. They will talk about it more in my experience, and like the straight up outdoor media right, which is where I've made my career at least somewhat for the last fifteen years. They will also go harder for it, like it's generally a more conservative world, but like they will they will go after politicians who sell public lands. But I think if you're in capable understanding that, like the border as a zone of exception, the border as a zone without constitutional rights is a problem, and this selling of the public lands is part of that problem, then like it's very hard to have a complete analysis of this. So like I've seen a lot of analysis without any seemingly where the rights don't understand that United States operates this one hundred mile border enforcement zone, right, and that you, as a US citizen or as a non senstem have fewer rights within that enforcement zone. I have seen a lot of analysis which doesn't take into account this weird assessing of migrant damage to public land, Like in what world is that a useful allocation of governments? Like there are places right where like if I think about the places where the Biden administration did outdoor attention, that landscape was damaged because people had fires to stay warm, and that fire cause is scarring right in our desert landscapes. Yeah, that landscape is damaged. Like, how you going to what are you going to do? There were like a thousand people a day coming through at one point. Are you going to find them all and charge them more for like misdemeanor California fire? But also there's a tiny provision of this bill that I found that suggests that migrants cannot be housed on federal public land unless they are housed in a detention center. Yeah, yeah, great, thanks. That was kind of the case before, Like you couldn't really just be like, well, I mean, by the administration did just say right, you'll Campaigre and will come get you in a week. There wasn't really a legal precedent for that. They just went ahead and did it. I guess what I want to end up with is like I'm obviously very passionate about this. I guess I'm kind of a public land super user. You do be camping, Yeah I do. I am a Yeah, I am a camping guy. If there's one thing that defines me, it's going camping. I try and sleep outside at least once a month. But yeah, most of My happiest memories in life are like moving under my own power through the mountains. That is when I'm happiest. That is how I deal with my shit. That is what I do with myself after every single one of the traumatic work trips that you that you seem to love listening to you, right like that, that is how I cope with the fact that my job is to turn trauma into stuff to go in between chumber casino ads. So, yeah, I love public lands, but you should too, even if you don't recreate on public lands, right, So that's the public lands are called America's best idea. I don't like that because inherent in having public lands is the removal of them from indigenous people, right, and indigenous people losing their sovereignty over those lands. But as things that the state has done with land goes, protecting it for future generations is one of the good ones, right, Like there are some truly special places. The vastness of the Western United States is why I live here. I cycled across the United States in twenty ten, and I was just blown away by like the scale of the landscapes without significant human damage. That's still something I'm blown away by yeah, you know, fifteen years later. I spend as much time as I can, and not just like national parks. I think a lot of people, if they've visited public land, were associated with national parks. I'd really encourage you to like hit up national forests, wilderness lands like places where there it's not a line or a ticket kiosk, Like you can have a really special wilderness experience there. But even if you don't want to, that doesn't appeal to you, if it's not something that you feel like physically or otherwise comfortable doing, the fact that it will be there for future generations, the fact that like there is potential to return this land to the indigenous people of North America without giant fucking mind scars and roads cut through it right now is something that we should fight for. And like public lands, it's one of those things where like I have conversations with dudes who do not agree with me politically at all, like people who definitely voted for Donald Trump who are also furious about this shit. And if you can help people see that this is part of a bigger problem, Like if this can be a place where we can build a coalition, that is a good thing, and it's one of those things that like to take action, you can just live out and go on the internet and write to your senator, call your representative. Like you can do these things which are so easy, low risk, and like it's a sort of engagement that like neoliberal bipartisan politics wants you to have. Right, it's not hard, but in this instance, you can do something really good by doing that. So I would encourage you to do that. Mike Lee's bill is currently in committee. I believe the Energy and Natural Resources Committee TBD whether it gets out of there, but he has tried twice, like since the summer to significantly destroy this credible thing that we all have access to in the United States. He will continue to try. This is clearly something that he has an agenda for, so, like, I would really encourage people to keep an eye out and we will keep reporting on it. Anything else you want to talk about public land scare.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's a different approach to dealing with like protected wilderness land. Prop one to amend the state Constitution just passed in New York. Basically what happened like one hundred years ago, they were building this Olympic sports complex and violation of the wilderness like protection like state like act or part of the Constitution. And to deal with that, I'm not sure what it's taken this long, but to deal with this, they have just days ago voted to amenda Constitution to set aside two thousand, five hundred acres of mountain land nearby but not on this complex, and to turn that into protected land to then continue the operation and like maintenance of the sports complex. The proposition was worded a bit weird, but I think in effect this just results in there being in in the end of more public land or more protected land specifically. Yeah, and the complex that already exists can then continue to function because the lands already it was already used.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, like they sort of built it and then ask permission like I guess one hundred years later almost. Yeah, Like land swaps happen they like and like like sometimes you'll see people being like, oh, it's this public landing sort of Like sometimes land swaps are very menial, right, like if there's a little parcel of national forest land or like it can be it's a piece that like is next to a school and the school needs a playing field and those yeah things like that land. Landswaps do happen. And as long as we're not like losing anchorage to oil and gas or to like mcmahonson building, you know, I think we can be flexible.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I mean if anything, this this, this will set us side thousands of acres of land to not have that happen to it. Yeah, in the mountains of like that run agyoric. Yes, and then this complex can now continue to get maintained. I think if this, if this didn't pass, they would like restrictions would fall upon the capacity of this complex started to be operating.
Speaker 5: That's dumb because you have a place which is like it's not going back, right, Like, once you've built stuff, you.
Speaker 3: Should use it.
Speaker 4: The damage has been dying, I should use it here and then protect more land exactly. Yeah, And luckily this this thing barely passed. It was it was pretty closing around fifty two percent.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: Most of the votes for no did come from people, I think living in New York City. I think mostly because of the way the proposition was worded. It was worded in a in an odd way because it made it sound like you're like sacrificing currently protected land at complexes on so I think people who are approaching it's from like kind of an ecological standpoint, a consumation standpoint. Yeah, like misunderstood or had or had some like differing view on like the value of protecting the current land and the complex is on versus establishing thousands of acres of more lands to be protected nearby.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I mean initiatives and propositions are often written in a particularly bizarre way, and it's a It's not like like the California Prop fifty was like two lines. This is several paragraphs of so I can see how it would have been confusing to people. But yeah, like this also happens at a state level all the time, right, Like states have public lands too. You'll see like a patchwork of state and federal and private land, especially like in some national forests in the West. Right, But that's something that especially in Republican rund states now people should be very aware of in their own states. Is like the GOP didn't used to be massively anti public plans. This is a new thing for them, right, They always felt like they needed their I guess maybe that they needed their like hunting, fishing, shooting, crowd.
Speaker 4: No, but environmentalism is now wokeafi Yeah, exactly. Yeah, this is like a post al gore.
Speaker 3: Thing of now.
Speaker 4: The conservatives associate a lot of this language with like climate change algorisms.
Speaker 3: It's his this woke element.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very strange. It's funny. Often when I'm out about, you know, like exploring in the back country, I run into guys who are out there like they're either hunting or like looking for places to hunt. I think will be like, oh, yeah, well there aren't as many of the turkeys or the deer or the whatever is they used to be. But then it's very hard for people who now can't say climate change is real to find a way of like having permission to say what they want to say because they've seen it with their own eyes. Yeah, but also the don't want to say it.
Speaker 4: But no, I mean I did an episode about this after the R and C because I talked with Yeah, yeah, this like Republican conservation group about how they're trying to bring back like put the conservative back in conservation.
Speaker 5: Jesus. Yeah. Yeah, I think Germany generally, the idea of them conserving anything is pretty much off the table at this point. But yeah, people getting out in public land. Will you will understand climate change. You spend long enough going to the same spot, and you're going to see what that means. So it has a lot of benefits. Go outside this weekend, go camping. It's a great desert season right now. If you're within range of a desert, go camping in the desert. Look at the stars to find a dark sky area if that's your thing. Because ARII who had the like, don't go shopping on Black Friday. Go outside. I don't know, you don't. You don't remember this. It's okay, this is just shit that I you.
Speaker 3: Know, I am.
Speaker 4: I am pro gazing at the flickering lights of civilization Garrison.
Speaker 5: No one wants to see the fucking flickering lights of civilization. I do, I do, I don't. I want to see the stars. I camped in Chaco Canyon earlier this year. Banger of a national park. That's my it's my final tip. View of the Great House at Chaco Canyon was the largest building constructed in the United States until eighteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, yeah, it is vast.
Speaker 5: It's one of the least visited parks in a system because you have to go like seventeen miles down in dirt road. Sure, but incredible that these are the ancestral Pueblo ins, right, like the people who are the ancestors of the Pueblo tribes today. But it's an amazing place to go check out. You should all go, not at once. There's not enough space for all of you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just rolling through Mike Lee's Twitter account.
Speaker 5: Now, oh yeah, you got any bangers? Not really really, not really.
Speaker 4: I mean he's whining about Zoron and posting a lot about Charlie Kirk and that's mostly it.
Speaker 5: See, he doesn't talk about this stuff because no one likes it. He got hammered by a bunch of like, very right wing rancher types on Twitter last time he tried to do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, makes sense.
Speaker 5: I think he knows better because a lot of people you can also graze cattle on public land, right, there's been a whole standoff about this. Long time listeners will remember the Bundy situation. But yeah, linked to I guess he's also pissed those people off. Now, I just went to search for the news coverage of this. The only thing we can find is a Washington Examiner. So it's it's just us and them. Got the video the autoplayers on the Washington Examiner page is petrifying.
Speaker 3: The true bastions of journalists and the Washington.
Speaker 5: Horseshoes theory come to life. Oh God, all right, I go outside. This week's last weekend. Fuck it, don't go to work, go outside, go outside tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 9: Hello everyone. This is Dana al Kurd for it could happen here.
Speaker 10: I'm a professor and analyst of Palestinian and air politics, and today we're joined by Ahmed Moore, who is the twenty twenty five Foundation for Middle.
Speaker 9: East Peace fellow.
Speaker 10: He's also an author, an activist, just very very involved in the Palestinian space and on the question of Palistini liberation. So I've invited Ahma today to discuss with us what we can understand about pro Palestine organizing in the past two years in comparison to prior to October seventh, twenty twenty three, and think kind of analytically about where we can go from here.
Speaker 9: We're recording this on November fifth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 10: We had a very interesting night last night, whereas Ahran Mandani was named the mayor of New York City, and a lot of think pieces since about how this means nothing and actually means everything and Lapro Palestine movement is winning, it's really not winning enough, et cetera, et cetera. So, yeah, we're in an interesting moment in American politics. I think the Palestine question is obviously very very relevant. So yeah, I met Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Donna.
Speaker 11: It's a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 10: All right, So maybe we can start with kind of an introduction to yourself. You can tell us about your experience as an activist, as an organizer.
Speaker 5: Sure, yes, as a researcher.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So I was born in Resident Palestine and Gaza and Ralphah and my family moved here when I was a kid and became naturalized so American citizen when I was ten years old. So that was in the mid nineties, and you know, went to college right after nine to eleven, and like lots of people, was galvanized around that experience. I think it was a pier. Was so a journalist both in Bede Lutin and Cairo, and often you'd meet American journalists roughly of my generation, and all of them would indicate that, you know, I became engaged around the Middle East because of nine to eleven. I think nine to eleven was four our generation, a big learning opportunity for people. The global war on terror, the war in Iraq galvanized a lot of the left, and I'm thinking now of move on dot org, and so this is really the environment that I grew up in. Today, I mostly work with The Guardian with the Nation mostly right about Palestine, Israel and American foreign policy. And as you mentioned, I'm a fellow at the Foundation for Middle East Peace, where I host a podcast, Occupied Thoughts, where we spend a lot of time thinking through policy matters related to Palisigan. I have ideas about how things have changed, but that's just a quick introduction.
Speaker 5: To me and my work.
Speaker 9: No, thank you, we're approximately the same age. I won't tell you exactly.
Speaker 10: How often, but yeah, I just I'm reflecting so much these days on how much the War on Terror was a formative moment politically for our generation, and its interaction with the Postinian issue. I think that's starting to really be understood more widely. I think maybe it was more fringe or like a very select kind of understanding of the left would have that kind of analysis for sure.
Speaker 11: Just to put a fine point on it, I mean that was the I would say generational awareness that we've been lied to. We've been lied to by Dick Cheney, George Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, all of that cohort those people. You can see how that's rebounded today in Maine with Graham Plattner, somebody who fought two or three tours and then subsequently worked as a mercenary with Blackwater, was radicalized, I would say through that experience when he was watching these happy, go lucky diplomats swimming in pools in a diplomatic compound, when just outside, a savage war was being waged, an insurgency. So I would say that, you know, Palestine is so deeply interwoven. Palestine is a long history of having been lied to for people here in the United States. Domestically, that came to a head around the Iraq War. We werelied into that war. And I think you saw, you saw the way that the Biden administration particularly stuck with the playbook and alienated huge numbers of voters in twenty twenty four. So Palestine is kind of indispensal understanding how our elites in the United States have been captured by special interests, by corporatist interests, and we're beginning to see that, I think, rebound in meaningful ways. And of course, congratulations is Ron Mundani done a wonderful job. He ran an extraordinary campaign. I question, though, whether the campaign could have been successful without the awakening that occurred through two years of genocide. And what I mean by that specifically is so many of the taboos that had been enforced around identity, around good politics in America were dispensed with because those taboos were employed to suppress opposition to genocide.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: No, I think you're right on the money on that.
Speaker 10: I mean, in some ways, the MAGA movement in Donald Trump also capitalized on the lies of the war on Terror two. I mean, despite the incoherence of the MAGA movement, like that was part of a rebuke of the neocons. But of course the left is, especially after two years of unspeakable genocide. I think it has led to just an articulation of how much the American foreign policy in the Middle East is. You mentioned boomerang. That's an imperial boomerang that is impacting American politics. It's also highlighted how much the elite, and public opinion is bifurcated on this. Palistin has become an issue of democracy. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but that's what I would say.
Speaker 11: No, I think that's correct. I agree with that. I mean, so Palestine went from being specifically Palestine, from being a niche issue when I was in college post colonial studies majors knew about Palestine and could integrate Palestine into an understanding of life in America, to being really part of the American story today. And I think it's apt to describe it that way. The experience of watching a genocide unfold for two years has been radicalizing for many, but it's also been enlightening in that the first question was why is this happening? The second question is why can't we stop it? Okay, Israel's an independent country, we can't control them. Fine, why are we still supporting this? And ultimately you end up going down that rabbit hole and arriving at what is this Israel lobby? What is this special interest? And so I think the degree of complicity, the way in which the Biden administration blew so much smoke, the way in which both sides of the Aisle engaged in genocide and cheered the genocide has caused the Palestine issue to become deeply interwoven with the experience of being American today. And I don't think that's an overstatement, and I think concretely it means that you need an answer to the question, Well, if you can't stand up to genocide, if you can't stand up for defenseless children in Palestine, and if you're going to lie to me about it, why would I expect you to stand up for anything meaningful as it relates to my standard of living, Say, I'm a working class person. And so it's become this litmus test, at least on the left, and I think you're saying a similar dynamic playout on the right, but for totally different reasons, right right. And it's been extraordinary to behold because I think so many of us who've been in this issue for so long, we've been marking our progress in incrementalist terms, and then suddenly things have broken wide open and the world has changed very very quickly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, from my vantage point in American academia, I mean, they might have had personal feelings about Israel Palestine, they may have had sympathies, but so few people would ever talk about the erasure of Palestine in the academy or the impact of censorship and attacks on academic freedom. But now because the Palaestinan issue is being used as this cudgel to attack higher education, like you're just a normal Joshmo like math professor, You're gonna have to care and you do. And we're seeing this very much with the mobilization of the American Association of University Professors that is not a Middle East specific organization whatsoever, but they recognize the linkages between these issues, so in the ways that Palestine is interwoven with but also has impacted so many of our current realities and the policies that we're facing by the Trump administration and the Bye administration before them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's very clear to a lot of people.
Speaker 5: So that actually brings me to one of.
Speaker 10: The main questions that I wanted to ask you, is, aside from kind of this increased awareness and the taboos that have been broken around the discussion of Palestine and its integration in American foreign policy and American domestic policy, what are some other ways that you think since the genocide began that pro Palestine organizing has changed.
Speaker 11: So the biggest thing I've seen is that the analytical frame has changed. We used to talk about foreign policy, adventurers and wars for oil, those kinds of things. Now I think the analysis is very correctly focused on empire, the way in which resources domestically, the real working class effort to build a life in the United States is subsumed by wars of really imperial overreach. The whole idea of empire for me was an antiquated one I didn't think add a whole lot of relevance today. But I think I and many others who may have thought in that way missed the point the realities that empires intact. I think that awareness that our efforts domestically are deeply, deeply intertwined with what's happening what we're doing elsewhere, is important and it's emergent.
Speaker 2: It's new.
Speaker 11: When I was in graduate school, you would hear people talk about how they're engaged with domestic policy, or people talk about their infests in foreign policy, and I was mostly interested in foreign policy. But today, to try to draw that differentiation is really meaningless. And again you see that in the race in New York.
Speaker 5: Mom.
Speaker 11: Donnie did run on affordability, he ran on a domestic policy program, but equally thirty eight percent I think of voters were heavily motivated by his foreign policy interests and his foreign policy perspectives, which, again from a policy point of view, he can't really impact, but nonetheless are supported by this idea that our taxes, what we do domestically is having a huge impact everywhere else in the world, and that American empire is sprawling and a challenge for people domestically as well. From a pure activist point of view, you know, I used to have a real belief in electoral politics that was shaken deeply through the DNC, through the grassroots effort to be heard uncommitted. Yeah, the uncommitted movement precisely. We'll see where things go. I mean, the truth is that, you know, the person who is just selected in Jersey is a typical I believe APAC Democrat, Mike Ryl. My perspective domestically is that we need to be aggressive, We need to be forceful in calling for a total reconstitution of Democratic Party, no half measures, and I think zern Mundani did a good job of illustrating what that could look like.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean there's always a tension in this very money captured system that we have that at certain level it doesn't really matter liberal or Republican.
Speaker 9: They are captured.
Speaker 10: But I think I think what the New York City race has demonstrated is like that can only go so far. You still need some public support, which is why of course they're going after gerrymandering and all of that. But yeah, it's an uphill battle. But I think if this democracy is to exist, we are in a better footing than we were, you know, on this discussion, I also wondering what you think of this characterization, which is that I think before this genocide, and I don't mean to create this binary, but it has been a very transformative event. Before this genocide, I think a lot of Palestinian American organizing in spaces discussed the issue of Palestine in a right spaceed approach way, so about human rights, about ending auparthide, about extending rights, and I think the framing for that has also changed. It is really a critique of settler colonialism and the legitimacy of these nation states. First of all, what do you think of that characterization on my end, but also what do you think of the tension and then that poses for the Palestinian National liberation movement that still wants a state.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 11: The thing again, the analytic frame has shifted. We've gone from a contested conversation around nineteen sixty seven, the June War when Israel captured the West Bank from Jordan, Gosta from Egypt, Jerusalem as well from Jordan, the Goal on Heights, some Syria and a small silver of land from Lebanon to nineteen forty eight. That's what we talk about now, and that's correct, and I think for many Palestinians or Palestinian Americans that has always been the starting point of the conversation. But now we have the political legitimacy to say, wait a second, this whole state was founded upon separate and unequal on Jewish supremacy on a point of view that we reject as Americans and we should reject everywhere in the world. And so I think that's the first meaningful change that I've seen when we talk about Palestine. And then of course settle colonialism is built into that analysis. Things get a little bit different when you zoom out let me just talk about domestic I think that when you talk to people on the left, the universalist argument everybody's created equal is very, very powerful and resonant, and it's the one that I believe in. But what's happening on the right as well is an America first argument, and the word protectorate comes up repeatedly. Why are we investing so much in a protectorate? Tucker Carlston powerfully, I think for his audience, and this is probably the most influential commentator in the United States to day, but powerfully, you know, said, this country has half the size, half the economy the state of Connecticut. Why have we invested so much political capital, so much money and something which is so immaterial, especially when it pays a big negative dividend in lots of different ways. So the nativist argument is meeting the universalist argument. But the core analysis around settled colonialism, around the lack of legitimacy for a supremacist state, gives rise to both of those arguments. That access to the substrate. I would say, Palestinians who want to see a Palestinian state, and how you're going back to Palestine, I don't know what that means today. I've heard perspectives that availing ourselves of statehood as a legal construct will mean that you can now access legal frameworks to pursue justice in the courts wherever they may exist. I hope that's true. Let's see what works out. I think there are people who are trying to take Israeli men dual nationals who participated in the genocide to court in France. I think by using some of the some of the laws that exists between recognized states and non states, or maybe the UK. Let's see if robber meets road there. I support those tactics, but practically, when you're talking about Palestinian liberation, I don't believe that a state which has been colonized out of existence and you kind of have to look at a map to see what I mean here. But the West Bank is thoroughly colonized, Gaza is still occupied by the Israelis and will likely be slowly ethnically cleansed over time and not rebuilt. I fail to see how a state illegal construct is going to yield real benefits for the people on the ground now in Palestine.
Speaker 10: I agree, and I think that the continuation of this framework the statehood framework that a lot of our kind of political elites in the Palestinian landscape continue to use, and a lot of these countries in the global North use also to bypass with work that actually needs to be done after a genocide.
Speaker 9: It's certainly a distraction in.
Speaker 10: My view, but it also speaks to the renewal that needs to happen within Palestinian politics and within the PLO.
Speaker 9: But that's a bigger matter.
Speaker 10: My next question was going to be on the Palsine and American diaspora. In what ways do you think the passing American diaspora is alike with people in historic Palestine, with other diasporas, and in what.
Speaker 9: Ways do you think that they're unique.
Speaker 11: That's a hard question for me to answer. I think the diaspora, in the way that I've interacted with people's is diverse. What people have in common is a common reference point, the NECA. They have a common understanding around the illegitimacy of Israel as an ethno state which takes Jewish supremacy as its point of departure. But it's a very diverse diaspora. I mean, our first palacan American in Congress is justin Amash who.
Speaker 5: Is on the right.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 9: I always forget about him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean he had relatives who were murdered in Visa at a church in northern Vesia, which dates back to I think the eleventh century. So we're diverse diaspora. I think the palace in diaspora in the United States is integrated. It's educated. That's the passport for lots of Palestinians around the world. Is how you get out, It's how you build alive. We have a very high literacy rate in Palestine, exceeds ninety nine point five percent. But I think where the diaspora hasn't, at least in the United States, done as effective a job. And this is kind of the natural trajectory I think of diaspora communities generally. I don't know that we're as aggressive and organized as we could be. And I want to emphasize the word aggressive, the idea that we can go out and compete at all levels of government, that we can go out and assert our understanding of history backed by facts. We should be doing more of that, especially when you look kind of across the board when it comes to people who are doing well in medicine or in business, you know, where there's been a real career risk for speaking out and for being assertive. We can do more now, and we should use the leverage game through two years of genocide the most expensive access to leverage I can imagine, to push much harder politically.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a very good point.
Speaker 10: I'm also wondering how well you think the Palestinian organizing groups and spaces, how well integrated are they into other activist issue areas.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think this is where when I was in college, I didn't know the word intersectionality. That wasn't a concept that really was one that people thought about. You know, you would host an event and you would invite your friends, some of whom would be in the Black students group, some of whom would be in the Queer students group, and just regular left groups. But today I'd say that activists have a much more complete sense of how you almost have a social quilt, and a compression on one part of it will impact everything else that's related to it, and we're all interrelated in that way. I'd say that the most potent discussions around Palestine are coming from left organizing groups, not exactly Palestinian organizing groups. I think if I could offer gentle criticism of Palistine organizers, there's been too much and you sawvicely with uncommitted, too much effort to ingratiate yourselves to the existing power apparatus to ask for a seat at the table. When it's somebody like Zoron Mumdani again who demanded a seat at the table through an unrelenting focus on the issues, achieved access to a platform, then nobody wanted to seed. And I don't think that following the rules exactly or being friendly about accessing platforms within the democratic parties one yield a huge benefit to Palestinian Americans or people here. I'd say the most principled organizing is organizing that's going to win, and today that comes from non Palestinian groups, and I'm okay with that. I don't really think it matters if the best argument is coming from somebody whose family comes from South Asia through Uganda or somebody whose family emerges from you know, the Balata refugee camp, that doesn't really matter to me. I think just to focus on the principles is the most important thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right right.
Speaker 10: I think we're definitely seeing more of an acceptance of that. I agree with the limitations that you referenced. I also sometimes do reflect on how matched the discussion is in the United States with the discussion in historic Palestine, and what activists can do to kind of bridge some gaps that might emerge. But of course, understanding that we do exist in a different political reality and we obviously will develop different views as a result of that.
Speaker 11: I agree, and look, I mean, nobody needs to be apologetic about inhabiting a different reality. You know, we don't need to defer to a leadership which is divided and divided in Palestine and PLO that won't talk to itself, and there are structural reasons for that, right, I mean, the Israelis and the Americans have done a very effective job in splintering palaestinine leadership. I think we need to extremely locally. There are issues that matter to my community in West Philadelphia, bigger issues across Pennsylvania that impact my life, that impact my life as a father of three little girls. So I think being a member of a community and focusing again relentlessly on the principles and the fact that we've known all along is critical to pushing the conversation on palsign forward and practically today, for me, that means an arms embargo, it means sanctions, it means a cultural boycott, and it means those things unapologetically. Again, those are principal positions that I can take as an American citizen, a citizen in a country which has underwritten genocide, has underwritten apartheid for decades.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 10: I think I agree with that analysis. As the author, which we didn't mention at the beginning, as the author one of the co authors of After Zionism with Anthony Lonstein, I'm going to pose a difficult question for you now. I'm just joking, not that you have to answer fully, but where do you think we go from here? Where do you think the pro Palestine movement goes from here? And if you can reflect in your answer on where we've stalled as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So I used to believe in one state for everybody with equal rights. Today I think the writing is on the wall for the Palestinians in Palestine. The ethnic cleansing of Palestine is preceded the fact that has been utterly destroyed, utterly destroyed. There are no universities, no schools, no really functioning hospitals. The basic infrastructure required for the maintenance of life doesn't exist there anymore. That's part of why it's a genocide. We've got to take that reality into account. The Palestinians and Za the Palestinians and Palestine generally have the right to pursue life. They have a right to an education, they have a right to self actualization, and many of them, when they can, they're going to leave. That's the ethnic cleansing program, that's the idea behind the mass destruction of Palestine. The Israelis are sixty in that regard. I would say, we need to be mindful of that. We need to be aware of that. So what I think will happen ultimately is that you'll end up with some rump community of Palestinians in Palestine who are eventually when in arms embargoes enacted. And I hope it's within our lifetimes when the sanctions are enacted, when Israel is forced to become a normal country with equal rights for all, will continue to exist in that space. I don't know, you know, I can't predict, nobody can really predict what's certainty what's going to happen. But the kinds of pressure required to cause Israel to become a de radicalized normal society will take time to produce. And in the interim, the writing is on the wall for the Palacinians in Palestine, and I think that's the saddust for me part of all this. The continuity of Palacinian life and Palestine is not guaranteed. You know, the overwhelming force of the state exists in one place, and that's in Israel.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's why I when a lot of people talk positively about the developments of the past two years, of course you want to feel hope. You want to highlight how the discussion has changed here in America, how politics is moving forward. You want to have some pathway. But we never were able to prevent that genocide. Nothing we did in any avenue. All of us have, you know, different positionalities, engaged with different actors, like none of it actually stopped that, and.
Speaker 9: That is a very hard pill to swallow.
Speaker 3: I hope.
Speaker 10: I've always been hoping that at least that will allow us to get to the place of self reflection about what radical solutions look like in the aftermath of this kind of disaster.
Speaker 9: And yeah, I hope that's that's where we go from here.
Speaker 10: On my end, Yeah, thank you so much, Ahmad that this has been a really enriching discussion, and I think that the listeners will benefit from this overarching view of Ptal Palace on activism and it's intersections with everything we're seeing unfold.
Speaker 11: So thank you so much again, Thank you, Donna. It's been a huge fighter.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago, four days before Halloween, former Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson hosted the twenty seven year old white pharmacist influencer Nick Fuentes on Tucker's popular internet show. Two weeks later, this interview has over six million views on YouTube, over half million on Rumble, and eighteen million alleged views on x the Everything app with over one hundred thousand likes and twenty thousand retweets, plus the unknown number of views from podcasting platforms like Apple or Spotify, on which Tucker Carlson's show also airs. This is it could happen here. I'm Garrison Davis. Throughout the almost entirely friendly two hour interview, Nick Fuentes and Tucker Carlson discussed Nick's libertarian origin story, his conversion to Trump's bombastic style of populism getting a show on the Right Side Broadcast network as a teenager after a viral college debate, how the Daily Wire initially befriended then tried to quash his early political career, and how that pushed Nick to adopt a far right adversarial stance against mainstream conservatism and the gatekeepers of the conservative establishment, which Nick identified as the quote unquote Zionist Jews like Ben Shapiro, Dave Rubin, and Dennis Prager. Here's Nick and Tucker.
Speaker 6: It was these the guys that were really controlling the media apparatus that seemed to me to be the biggest impediment Fox.
Speaker 2: Fox is not a Jewish business though, well.
Speaker 6: Rupert Murdoch is an ally of Nan Yahoo, so he's aligned. Yeah, and he owns the whole news corp empire, so and yeah, he's certainly a part of it.
Speaker 3: Also.
Speaker 2: I mean Dave Rubin though, does he matter?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 12: No, not really right, I mean Dave Rubin is like, I don't know if do people watch Dave Rubin?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: They did back then. I mean, because you got to consider they were kind of like the ascendant new media. You know, they represented the next big thing.
Speaker 12: I mean and Ben Shapiro seems irrelevant to me now now, but back then for I guess that's that's true, so maybe you one.
Speaker 3: Oh, certainly.
Speaker 4: Tucker tried to advise Fuentes to focus more of his ire on Israel's influence on American politics as a foreign policy issue and not quote unquote blood guilt based on ethnicity, while Fuentes defended the necessity of his rhetoric against what he called the quote unquote unique issue of quote unquote organized Jewry that promotes a form of identity politics, linking Israel to quote Jewishness as an ethnicity, identity, and religion unquote, which makes most culturally Jewish people incompatible with America first patriotism. This is basic dual loyalty anti Semitism, which Nick continued to outline by framing Jewish people as a historically stateless people that resist assimilation and put their own interests above those of whichever non Jewish majority country they currently reside, attention which the existence of Israel now heightens.
Speaker 6: No other country has a strong identity like that. This religious, blood and soil confiction, this history of being in the diaspora, stateless, wandering persecuted, and in particular the historic animosity between the Jewish people and the Europeans. They hate the Romans because the Romans destroyed the Temple. That's why Eric Weinstein goes to the arch of Titus and gives it the finger and takes a picture.
Speaker 2: We don't think like that.
Speaker 6: As Americans and white people, we don't think about the Roman Empire in two thousand years ago.
Speaker 4: They do, right, Americans and Christians would never think about Check's notes, the Roman Empire or the events of two thousand years ago. Sure, Nick, Obviously, to many people listening to this show, Fuentes has been a known anti Semitic stream control for nearly ten years, and Tucker himself knows this. The main pushback Tucker gave Nick was on why Nick attacked other figures on the far right who were possible allies of the America First movement and America First foreign policy, like Marjorie Taylor Green, jd Vance, Joe Kent, and Tucker himself.
Speaker 2: Why attack them?
Speaker 6: Well, in short, they attacked me first. Yeah, but like who cares? Well, let's take Joe camp I mean, you attacked me constantly.
Speaker 4: Tucker also advocated framing that does not allow it. He believes to be popular America first ideas like opposition to foreign influence and dual citizenship to get subverted by leaning into accusations of hate and racial prejudice, which during the interview, Fuentes nominally agreed with some of them.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry to be a conspiracy nut. I really try not to be a conspiracy because it's embarrassing, you know. But after January sixth, then just finding out the number of FBI personnel in the crowd, it's like, and I've just seen this. David Duke is a great example. Some of these are the Charlottesville rally, had a bunch of Feds there being like we're white supremacist, we hate the blacks, the Edward whatever.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: It's like, that's not real, Like there is some of that going on, don't you think I think that. I think that there's a lot of sincere people. Well, for sure, I completely agree, you know, and they're just non skulls.
Speaker 4: For some reason, Nick neglected to mention that he in fact was at Charlottesville, and the backlash to the Unite the Right rally forced him to drop out of college and propelled his streaming career. Throughout this whole interview, it mostly felt like Tucker was trying to act as a mentor figure to Fuentes, advising him to let go of past beefs and providing a sort of clean slate to allow Nick to present his political views in a more streamlined manner as simply anti Israel as an extension of America. First, during the interview, Tucker himself explained his motives for inviting Fuentes on the show.
Speaker 12: Do you hope that people who want to learn what's happening and who you are will watch the whole thing? It's probably naive, hope that it won't be reduced to whatever you're saying, something naughty and me laughing and see they're both Nazis. I mean, you know that's going to happen, of course, but I'm willing to take that risk because I just think it's important to know. You're clearly ascendant. You're enormously talented, and more talent than I am for sure as a talker. So and they've you know, there have been a lot of attempts to silence here and it hasn't worked. So my calculation obviously be as blun as I can be. Is like, I don't want to have fun tests on it, be like you, but you're a Nazi, just like fint does. Okay, but then I'm like, I don't think fetest is going away. Ben Shapiro tried to like strangle him in the crib in college, and now he's bigger than ever, so it probably would just be worth hearing what Nick Fuinntes thinks. I just want to be transparent about my motives here, and I.
Speaker 4: Think Tucker is right in calling Funtes ascendant. Talk more about that at the end of this episode. For the last thirty minutes of this interview, the two discussed pornography, alcohol and drugs as ruining America's young men through reality distortion, and I had a whole segment on Nick fuent As explaining to a confused Tucker Carlson the concept of internet pornography, which unfortunately I had to cut for time. But if there's enough demand for this on blue Sky or Reddit, maybe I can make a bonus episode next week. Rather than focusing on the substance of this interview in Tucker's motivation, a lot of mainstream reporting has just highlighted a few controversial sound bites like an offhand, semitrual comment about how Fuentez admires Stalin. But this interview did send shockwaves through the American conservative ecosystem, of which Fuentez was always held at a very long arms length away. In the immediate wake of the interview, references to Tucker were curiously removed from the Heritage Foundation's donor page in partnership with the Tucker Carlson Network. On October thirtieth, Heritage President Kevin Roberts released a video defending Tucker, captioned, there has been speculation that Heritage is distancing itself from Tucker Carlson over the past twenty four hours. I want to put that to rest right now.
Speaker 13: Conservatives should feel no obligation to reflexively support any foreign government, no matter how loud the pressure becomes from the globalist class or from their mouthpieces in Washington. The Heritage Foundation didn't become the intellectual backbone of the conservative movement by canceling our own people or policing the consciences of Christians, and we won't start doing that now. We will always defend our friends against the slander of bad actors who serve someone else's agenda. That includes Tucker Carlson, who remains and as I have said before, always will be a close friend of the Heritage Foundation. The venomous coalition attacking him or sewing division, their attempt to cancel him will fail. Most importantly, the American people expect us to be focusing on our political adversaries on the left, not attacking our friends on the right. I disagree with and even a poor things that Nick Fuintes says, but canceling him is not the answer either. When we disagree with the person's thoughts and opinions, we challenge those ideas and debate. And we have seen success in this approach as we continue to dismantle the vile ideas of the left.
Speaker 4: Roberts primarily framed this as an issue of cancelation and included some pretty sketchy lines in that video. Roberts also said that Heritage doesn't quote take direction from members or donors. This video was polarizing, to say the least. Nick Fuentes fans, who are called gropers and America First nationalists rejoiced and claimed victory, while many GOP establishment figures, Jewish Republicans, and many Heritage employees were left bamboozled. The New York Post published internal Heritage group chats with staff members, writing that this was quote the most embarrassed I've ever been to be a Heritage employee. It's not close end quote. I'm disgusted by this and don't understand how this premeditated and orchestrated response could come out of one of the biggest think tanks in the world. Unquote more texts read quote saying we can't cancel someone is safe space wokeism and quote if we are labeled on the same side as Nick Fuentez, then we deserve to lose. Talking with some of the interns, I think that there is a growing number of them who actually agree with Fuentez's views. Now beyond employee dissent, sources close to Heritage told The New York Post that the think tank has been quote unquote hemorrhaging Evangelical, Christian and Jewish donors. David Bernstein, the author of Woke Anti Semitism and a former member of the task force a Heritage called Project Ester, a National Strategy to combat anti Semitism, told The New York Post on November three that he had resigned from his position over Kevin Roberts's remarks citing the language of a venomous coalition aligned against Tucker. To quote Jewish Insider quote, Rabbi Yakov Mencken, executive vice president of the Coalition for Jewish Values, told Jewish Insider that Robert's message quote was the most tone deaf in both its content and timing that I've ever heard from major Washington organization on any political side. On quote, Menkin resigned from Heritage's Protrogester, the group's anti Semitism initiative, last week, sponds to Robert's video message defending Carlson. Along with Menken and Polition for Jewish Voices, several other groups have also publicly disaffiliated from Heritage's anti Semitism task force, including the National Jewish Advocacy Center, the Zionist Organization of America, and the Young Jewish Conservatives. On Halloween, Heritage president Kevin Roberts made a post summarizing a small sampling of Fuentes's most racist, anti Semitic, and pro Hitler views and said quote, our task is to confront and challenge those poisonous ideas at every turn to prevent them from taking America to a very dark place. Join us not to cancel, but to guide, challenge, and strengthen the conversation, and be confident as I am, that our best ideas at the heart of Western civilization will prevail. For those, especially young men, who are enticed by Fuentes and his acolytes online, there is a better way way. Roberts has repeatedly said that attempting to cancel Fwenttes would only grow his audience, as opposed to whatever Roberts is doing by playing foot seaes with Tucker and Fuentes, resulting in multiple news stories a day name dropping Fwenttes and massively raising his public profile.
Speaker 13: It would not invite him to a heritage event or to my show. But the point is we have to find other avenues to engage the ridiculous ideas that he's saying, rather than, as many people have called for online, that you can just shun him, that you can just ignore him, and that the problem goes away. My motivation for posting that video yesterday, especially looking ahead towards twenty twenty six and twenty twenty eight, is that we have to engage those issues if we want to build a movement. I understand that, particularly for our Jewish friends who ought to be upset about Twintest's comments about anti Semitism, that he's just anathema.
Speaker 3: I agree with that as well.
Speaker 13: But if we're going to actually correct the scourge of anti Semitism, we've got to go convince those unfortunately millions of young men who find that appealing. I do believe that they're convincible. I believe that people like you, hopefully people like us at Heritage, and even people like Tucker might be able to play a role in that.
Speaker 4: Following backlash to Kevin Roberts's initial statement, Roberts chief of staff Ryan Neuhause resigned from Heritage after being reassigned as a senior advisor in housing policy, a position sources told New York Post was the quote unquote Siberia of Heritage. Before resigning, Newhouse reposted messages defending Robert's video, including a post advocating that quote unquote virtue signaling employees at the Heritage Foundation should resign if they're so outraged by Robert's statement. During Halloween weekend, lawyer Mark Goldfetter resigned from the Heritage affiliated National Task Force to Combat Anti Semitism, writing on X the Everything app I cannot serve under someone who thinks Nazis are worth debating. On November one, Princeton University professor Robert P. George, member of the Heritage Board of Trustees, who allegedly has been attempting to oust Roberts as the head of the foundation. In the wake of this controversy, posted on x the Everything app quote American conservatism today faces a challenge. That challenge comes from those who reject our commitment to inherent an equal human dignity. They are seeking acceptance in the conservative movement and its institutions, and they do so with the ultimate objective of transforming them by undermining that commitment. I cannot accept the idea that we have no enemies to the right. The white supremacists, anti semites, the eugenicists, bigots must not be welcome into our movement or treated as normal or acceptable.
Speaker 3: Unquote. You sure about that, Robert P.
Speaker 4: George, This Conservative commitment to inherent and equal human.
Speaker 3: Dignity, you share about this? You sure about that?
Speaker 4: Surely the American Conservatives aren't restricting people's health care and pushing them off food stamps, and kidnapping and uprooting families and sending them to far off countries. Seems like all those things would breach this commitment to inherent andy equal human dignity. I never thought the leopards would eat my face, sobs Heritage Board of Trustees member who voted for the leopards eating people's faces party, We'll be right back after these ads. The conservative in fighting intensified went On November three, Monday morning, Ben Shapiro released a forty minute video captioned, no to the gropers, No to cowards like a Tucker Carlson who normalized their trash, No to those who championed them, noted demoralization, note a bigger tree and anti meritocratic horseshit. No to anti Americanism.
Speaker 14: No, that fragmentation is being caused purposefully by a splinter faction of people led by a young man named Nick Flintes. They call themselves the Groupers. They are white supremacists. They hate women, Jews, Hindus, many types of Christians, brown, people of a wide variety of backgrounds, Blacks, America's foreign policy, and America's constitution. They admire Hitler and Stalin, and that splinter faction is now being facilitated and normalized within the mainstream Republican Party. The main agent in that normalization is Tucker Carlson, who is an intellectual coward, a dishonest interlocutor, and a terrible friend. And Tucker Carlson last week was aided, a betted, celebrated for normalizing Nazism within the Republican Party by the mainstay organization of the traditional right, the Heritage Foundation.
Speaker 4: Shapiro then had to preface his comments by saying, quote, this is not about free speech or cancellation end quote. Criticisms of bad speech is in fact just a form of free speechuote and went on this lengthy diet tribe to explain how what he's doing isn't cancelation, which Ben defined as banning people from the social media and publishing platforms. What would be more accurately described as deplatforming, as opposed to like social cancelation, which is not something that Ben is calling for. That is not calling for deplatforming.
Speaker 14: It is not cancelation to draw moral lines between viewpoints. In fact, we used to call that one of the key aspects of conservatism. It is not cancelation to refuse to signal boost Hitler supporters like Nick Flentes. It is not cancelation to criticize Tucker Carlson for rhetorically fluffing Nick Flentes and other anti American crackpots. It's not cancelation if you urge others to stop promoting those who rhetorically fluff Nazi apologists. Those are all elements of free speech, and anyone who says differently is lying to you, and lying for the most cynical reasons to misdirect from their own defense of those Nazi apologists and their promoters. The issue here isn't that Tucker Carlson had Nick Flints on his show last week. He has ever read to do that. Of course, The issue here is that Tucker Carlson decided to normalize and fluff Nick Flantes, and that the Heritage Foundation then decided to robustly defend that performance. Those who criticize both Tucker and Heritage aren't canceling. They are quite properly drawing a moral line. Now, from Tucker Carlson's interview, you might have gathered that Flintes has some borderline views on race, a peculiar obsession with what he calls organized jeury, and a rather sad relationship with the female sex. But probably you, Kim weigh thinking that for the most part, Flintes lives on the radical edge of normality. You think that if you watch the interview. Because Tucker Carlson decided that it was important not only to host Flintes, but to smooth over his views, water them down, and make them far more palatable to a normal audience.
Speaker 4: Ben proceeded to do a ten minute Nick Fuentes clip show, playing a slick collection of some of the most defensive things Nick has said to camera, and then blamed the Left for creating the conditions that let this hatred emerge, framing Fuentes as the dialectical inverse of the hyper woke, id pole Left.
Speaker 14: And there's no doubt that Nick fuant Has has a lot of play these days. That's because the Left, by moving into a politics of anti white, anti Christian, anti male identitarianism, created its bizarro mirror image, a white, pseudo Christian in cell identitarian movement dedicated to destroying the institutions of this country and replacing Americanism with something else. Nick Flint's philosophy is not fully formed. It's an incoherent stew of malignity.
Speaker 4: The left did not create Nick Fuentes. He is the direct product of the right wing content ecosystem that Shapiro himself trailblazed. It's Ben Shapiro, but taken even further with post ironic gen Z brainwrot. Even if Fuentes himself has been banned from many of the big tent conservative events, his idea is still festered, spread under the radar, and influenced the further radicalization of other right wing commentators so that they could better compete with Fuentes. Tucker himself was a part of this. The twenty nineteen quote unquote Groper War, in which Nick Fuentes deployed his fans to disrupt turning Point usa Q and A events with leading questions, pressured Charlie Kirk to adopt viewpoints further and further to the right, specifically on race and immigration and now the White Great replacement is basically a mainstream conservative viewpoint, and Fuentes played a huge part in that. This is in fact your problem, Ben. For the rest of this forty minute video, Shapiro directed his attention to Tucker Carlson, criticizing his defense of Russia and multi polar views. Tucker's pro dictator comments, populist criticism of Trump, and sort of dodgy anti Israel statements. Shapiro highlighted comments Tucker made during the Fuentez interview where he lampooned high profile Republicans and neocons who have been quote unquote seized by the pro Israel quote unquote brain virus, with Tucker claiming that he dislikes Christian Zionists quote more than anybody unquote because it's Christian heresy. Shapiro described the function of Tucker's current online platform as a safe space to bring on conspiracy theorists, fringe figures, alternative historians, and those just outside the overt window to then quote unquote gloss them. As Shapiro says, it's not about building a radicalization pipeline out of the mainstream, but bringing the actual radical ideas to the mainstream.
Speaker 14: Tucker Carlson act as an ideological launderer for other people's evils. Tucker Carlson says many inflammatory things, always buying back just enough of it to appear as though he's not saying what he's clearly saying. He's a master of gas lighting. Tucker Carlson, for example, would never say out loud what Nick Flintes does. He wouldn't say the things many of his guests say, and so instead he acts as an ideological launderer. He takes other people's hideous ideas, he softens them, he treats them with love and care, and then he provides them with a massive signal boost. He isn't merely talking to people in good faith, of course, He's promoting certain people and ideas and attacking others. This is how Tucker Carlson's ideological laundering works. You bring your dirty, ugly ideologies to Tucker Carlson's rhetorical car wash. He mixes it with some of the fstigial respect Americans have for him from his Fox News days, and voila, hideous ideas suddenly become mainstream. And then, of course Tucker denies he said anything controversial at all. He was just asking questions, He was just interviewing people. You don't want him to cancel people, do you.
Speaker 4: Ben continued to complain about Tucker platforming Candace Owentz and her increasingly anti Semitic conspiracy theorists. Except remember it was your company that gave Candace a huge, huge platform after she left turning point end Prager you is she also a consequence of the woke left, like Fuentes is Shapiro. The call is coming from inside your own company to further demonstrate how much of this stuff is downstream from Shapiro. It's actually because of Candace that Fuentes even went on Tucker's show at all. Candace had Fuentes on her show a few months prior, and when she went on Tucker's show, she told him how great Fuentes is and argued in his defense. As for Heritage, Ben acknowledged his long standing positive relationship with the Heritage Foundation, working with him since he was just seventeen years old, and recently had Kevin Roberts on his show to promote Roberts's latest book.
Speaker 14: Which is why what Kevin Roberts did last week is tragic and awful. He put out a statement the Heritage Foundation didn't just stand by Tucker Carlson. Kevin instead said openly and repeat that Tucker Carlson can do nothing ever that will sever his relationship with the conservative movement. He said that after an in defense of Tucker's glossing of Hitler defender Nick Flentes, and he added that only members of the globalist class direct quote a venomous coalition direct quote subject to the dictates of someone else's agenda direct quote, oppose Heritage's ongoing relationship with Tucker Carlson, which means that, according to Kevin Roberts, apparently anyone opposing the ongoing mainstreaming of Tucker Carlson is acting on behalf of a foreign power. Kevin's statement is a betrayal of the Heritage Foundation's history and principles, which is presumably by both Tucker Carlson and Nick Foin, says loved It.
Speaker 4: Shapiro still expressed the need for an organization like Heritage that focuses on ideas to over personal loyalty to grifters, and expressed hope that Heritage could recover from this controversy and speak out against the quote unquote moral rot that threatens our future. But if no, Conservatives may need to look for leadership elsewhere. And the cause of this moral rot political horseshoe theory that is destroying both parties, with the GOP being eaten by radicals.
Speaker 14: Like the Democratic Party, the Republican Party is being eaten by its radicals. Many in the political class are too cowardly to stand up. Apparently they're willing to play footsie with Grouper's and hug Tucker Carlson out of fear of somehow losing support. They've been bamboozled by the lies of the ex algorithm and the TikTok metrics. The left followed its radicals to electoral hell. Apparently many on the right wish to do the same. Forget the morality, then, for just a moment, let's be pragmatic. Here is the thing. Americans hate Nick Flents' philosophy. They think it's trash. Republicans, by the polling, think it's trash. Independence think it's trash. Democrats think it's trash. And here's the other thing. Americans hate Tucker Carlson's wandered anti americanism. Republicans think it's trash, Independents think it's trash, Democrats think it trash. Americans are not pro segregation, pro rape, anti woman, pro child marriage, anti black, anti Jew, anti Indian, anti Latino, anti constitution, pro hitler nut jobs like Nickquantas.
Speaker 4: You might want to tell that to I don't know, Stephen Miller, Ben and like maybe half your employees Here's Matt Walsh's own description for his most recent Daily Wire podcast episode, quote, Smali tribal conflict has made its way into multiple American states. A man is arrested for shouting f the Jews at Dave Portnoy. Meanwhile, ANTIFO riots with no consequence. White liberal radio host kisses Jasmine Crockett's feet, Ben, the call is coming from inside the Daily Wire House.
Speaker 14: If Republicans decide to cower before the likes of neo Nazis and their propagandizers, they deserve to lose, and they will lose. Neo Nazi and they're propagandizers are not Republicans. They're not America first, they're not Maga. They sure as hell aren't conservative. These people aren't to my right, They're not attached in any way to the fundamental principles of conservatism.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Ben, but they are. They are in the Mega White House, they are on TV, on Fox News. They're getting more views than you are on TikTok and fucking rumble. Many have either worked for you or still work for you, and you've been completely fine with all of that as long as they've been sufficiently pro Israel. Here's a Ben Shapiro tweet from September seventeenth, twenty fifteen, and Culture tweets read Jews awful, nonsensical, and Culture is also super pro Israel and has always been so I won't lose sleep. I never thought the leopards would eat my face, sobs conservative podcaster who voted for the leopards eating people's faces party. The same day, Shapiro released this forty minute video, Matt Walsh posted quote, Hat Buchanan didn't just have good ideas, he was right about almost everything. He's the most vindicated political figure of our lifetime.
Speaker 3: Unquote.
Speaker 4: If you want a fun, little ten minute side quest, google Hat Buchanan, Nazi, Hat Buchanan, anti Semitism. Every few months, these right wing ghouls get a harsh reminder of the world that they have conjured into being. Remember the h one B Visa debacle earlier this year, with Elon Musk and Ramaswami upset that all of their racist fans don't want to bring in immigrant workers after Elon funded a campaign about how immigrants are stealing Americans jobs. As writer John Gans put it, quote, the Geopie civil War is between the vanilla fascists and the National Socialists unquote. At the Republican You Wish Coalition fortieth anniversary summit, Congressman Randy Fine proudly announced that he canceled an upcoming event with Heritage.
Speaker 15: I was supposed to do an event with Heritage next week, I think on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: They don't know what I'm about to tell you. Right now, we're canceling it.
Speaker 15: They will have no future in my office, and I will be calling on all of my colleagues on the Republican side to do the same. If those who support Tucker Carlson want to see a venomous coalition.
Speaker 3: All they need to do is go look in the mirror.
Speaker 4: During that same speech, he boasted about.
Speaker 15: This, I've called for Zilron Mndami to be deported. The only thing I want to see him running for is his gate at JFK on the deportation flight to Uganda.
Speaker 4: First they came for the communists, Randy. I never thought the leopards would eat my face, sobs Florida congressman with Twitter pronouns listed as Hebrew slash hammer, who's a member of the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party. During the opening to the Republican Jewish Coalition event. Ted Cruz addressed this moment of fracture within the establishment right as a quote unquote time of choosing, and said that in the past six months he's quote seen more anti Semitism on the right than I had in my entire life. This is a poison, and I believe we are facing an existential crisis in our party and our country unquote. Cruz later shared a Free Press article on his comments. The CEO of the Republican Jewish Coalition, Matt Brooks, pulled Jewish Insider that he is quote appalled, offended, and disgusted that Kevin Roberts in Heritage would stand with Tucker Carlson and Nick Fuentes, that there would be a quotquote reassessment of our relationship with Heritage in light of this, unquote. On November third, Missouri Senator and J six's supporter Josh Hawley denounced Fuentes's rhetoric as anti Semitic, telling Jewish Insider quote, that's not who we are as Republicans, as conservatives. The question for us as conservatives is are those views going to define who we are? I think we need to say no. As a conservative, but also as a Christian, there is no place for anti Semitic hatred, tropes, any of that stuff. Do we really want to be a part of what we've seen happen on college campuses?
Speaker 3: Unquote.
Speaker 4: Senator James Langford of Oklahoma, the co chair of the Senate Anti Semitism Task Force, told a Jewish Insider that he was to quote a little surprised that Heritage jumped out in support of Carlson and Nickfuentes to say, hey, we want them in our camp after the statements that were made. Heritage could have just sat back and not said anything, but instead they chose to jump out on their side.
Speaker 3: I don't get that.
Speaker 5: Unquote.
Speaker 4: Like Ben Shapiro and Josh Holly, James Langford related this to a perceived by partisan crisis. Quote, the left has seen an implosion of their party based on anti Semitism rising in their party. I don't want to see the same thing happen on the right. What I've tried to be very clear on is that the new right is now quoting an old wrong unquote. Senator Rick Scott of Florida basically said the same thing. Quote the Democrat Party, we already have a party that's for anti Semitism and is against Israel. The Republican Party is going to stand for Israel and we're going to stand against anti Semitism. I don't think there's any question, unquote, as if the Democrat Party is against Israel. And it's astonishing to watch all of these senators cope with the results of years of watering down akas and anti Semitism to simply reflect any criticism of Israel as they're now facing of massive resurgence of genuine anti semitism from known anti Semitic actors on the right. Turns out it's way easier to police campus anti genocide protests than deal with the anti semitism spread on the massive platforms of Nick Fuentes and Tucker Carlson. But not all senators are worried. Lindsey Graham, while speaking at the Republican Jewish Coalition, was less worried about Tucker Fuentes and the future of the party.
Speaker 7: So I just want to say I feel good about the Republican Party. I feel good about where we're going as a nation. We're killing all the right people, and we're cutting your taxes. Trump is my favorite president. We've run out of bombs. We didn't run out of bombs in World War Two.
Speaker 3: So to those who worry about.
Speaker 7: These stupid interviews and far off places, don't worry. The Republican Party has figured it out.
Speaker 5: When it comes to Israel.
Speaker 4: We're killing all the right people here at the Leopards eating people's faces party. Surely the leopards will never eat my or my friend's faces. On the night of November three, Heritage president Kevin Roberts give a speech at Hillsdale College on anti Semitism and cancel culture. He first talked for two minutes about why he and Heritage will continue to oppose cancelation and the importance of loyalty toward friends, and defend it his previous statement by reiterating that if you have a problem with someone's quote content, issues, or ideas, then by all means go debate them unquote. But then he admitted that his mistake, which was made quote unquote with the best intentions, was focusing on the legitimate pro problem of cancelation over other problems like anti Semitism. The Roberts then immediately justified his rhetoric as an attempt to reach out to the quote unquote several million young men on the quote unquote far fringes of the right who are increasingly anti Semitic, and.
Speaker 13: Our motivation at Heritage for making that statement was to begin appealing even more than we have to those largely disaffected young men who are looking for belonging and identity by following the wrong people.
Speaker 4: This pseudo apology continues to frame this primarily as an issue of cancelation. Who is asking to cancel Tucker? Roberts acts as if there is nothing in between a lifelong endorsement and total cancelation. After Robert's comments at Hillsdale College, another member of the Heritage Anti Semitism Task Force, Attorney Ian Spear, announced that he was leaving Hairge and Post in a statement calling Robert's Hillsdale College speech a quote strategic non apology that doubles down on loyalty to Tucker. Carlson, muses about welcoming gropers and the groper curious into the movement, and continues to gaslight everyone about cancelation when that clearly isn't the issue. That same day, Tuesday, November fourth, Chris Demuth, a Heritage Distinguished Fellow, also confirmed his resignation, and an email leaped from the co chairs of the Heritage affiliated National Task Force to Combat Antisemitism sent to task Force members with a list of demands the Heritage President Kevin Roberts demands including that he delete his initial video, apologize to Jews and Christians who quote believe that Israel has a special role to play both biblically and politically unquote, a demand to condemn but not cancel Tucker Carlson's anti Semitic content and statements, and host Shabbat dinners for the Heritage interns and junior staff. To quote directly from this leaked email addressing Roberts quote, you pointed out repeatedly that we face a challenge in reaching disenfranchised young men who are caught in the spells of Nick Fuentes and others. To address this issue, specifically, we recommend hiring a visiting fellow, one who shares mainstream conservative views on Israel, Jews, and Christian Zionists, who would help identify strategies and tools to win gen Z and beyond. It is clear that there is an internal battle within the conservative movement over who is to be included. The division between no Enemy to the right versus a moral conservatism demands our attention a conference that provides some guidelines to the movement on how to best keep unity without needing to include the worst among us unquote. Two days later, the National Task Force decided to break ties with the Heritage Foundation, writing in an email that it was quote important for us to continue the work of the Task Force outside the Heritage Foundation for a season, writing at this whole incident quote exposed a serious problem within the conservative movement.
Speaker 3: It's been like this for a long time.
Speaker 4: They've just been so focused on campus activists protesting the Palestinian genocide that they've missed the festering anti semitism spreading across the right.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 4: The National task Force to Combat Anti Semitism will also now expand our work to fight the rising scourge of anti Semitism on the right, beyond our previous work combating the pro Hamas movement on the left.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 4: On November eighteenth, the Task Force will be hosting a conference in Washington on quote exposing and countering extremism and antisemitism on the right, in partnership with the Conference of Christian Presidents for Israel. It could happen here will return after these messages. At this point, Heritage went into complete damage control. Roberts apologized during a Heritage all hands meeting last Wednesday, November fifth, quote I made a mistake, and I let you down, and I let down this institution, period, full stop.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 4: Roberts claimed that it was the since resigned chief of staff, Ryan Nuhouse, who wrote the script for Robert's initial video entirely himself and lied about the script being approved by a handful of colleagues. Roberts called the use of the phrase a venomous coalition a quote unquote terrible choice of words. The Washington Free Beacon reported that Roberts said he was willing to resign, but felt a quote unquote moral obligation to repair the situation, and had told the Heritage Foundation Board of directors quote I made the mess let me clean it up. During the all hands meeting, Roberts explained that the video came to be because Heritage was under pressure to make a statement that Carlson was quote no longer part of the conservative movement. Later in this meeting, Roberts acknowledged that there could be a quote limiting principle to no cancelation. Longtime Heritage Research fellow Robert Rector went on a tie rade against Tucker and Fuentes, likening Tucker's show to stepping into a lunatic asylum, and advocated for a return of right wing cancelation.
Speaker 16: Because if you don't have boundaries on who you regard inside the movement, the movement will destroy itself and it will create a pr nightmare for everybody in it. And the boundaries that he set forth William Buckley in the early nineteen sixties were twofold. You have to expunge all anti Semitism.
Speaker 3: All of it.
Speaker 16: But that's just part of it from the conservative movement. The other is you have to expel the lunatics, Okay, the lunatics who think that Eisenhower was a communist, Okay, and a whole bunch of and we have them back now.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 16: They are both here back just the way they were in nineteen fifty nine. And we have to go back and set the general parameters. You say, oh, we don't cancel, we do cancel. Did we cancel David Duke? Yes, you don't even know who David Duke was. Probably most of you. God's say, you know yes, do we cancel the John Bird Society, Yes, okay, because they were harmful. Because if you're they're in your movement, you look like clowns.
Speaker 4: This highlights so much of my frustration around this whole controversy with all of the Conservatives at the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party trying to say that obviously the leopards who are eating people's faces aren't actually Conservatives.
Speaker 3: Despite the being part of the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party, Bircherism has achieved a near total capture of the modern day Republican Party, especially under Trump. You can't remove the John Birch Society element from the modern day Republican Party without the whole party collapsing. They won.
Speaker 4: That's what the party is now. That's what Heritage's project twenty twenty five is. Kevin Roberts responded to Rector's tirade by continuing to advocate that Heritage should attempt to bring some of Fuentes's audience into the conservative fold.
Speaker 13: But there's a segment of that audience who might be with us, and they really are not Nazis and anti Semites, then maybe we can eventually bring them into the fold.
Speaker 5: I think we have to think that way.
Speaker 4: None of these people can be allowed to distance themselves from the leopards eating people's faces party, to quote a write up from the right wing rag National Review, quote, the Heritage staff meeting exposed something of a generational divide within Heritage, as one staffer, who claimed to represent the perspective of the foundation's younger employees, said that she did not have a problem with roberts initial defense of Carlson and wanted to make sure that the viewpoints of her generation, who she said were generally more critical of Israel, would still be welcome at Heritage. Unquote, The Heritage Tucker Fuentes debacle has come in a time where the right was already in the middle of debate over how to handle infighting conservative anti cancel culture and the newly adopted principle of no enemies to the right after years of suffering from liberal led deplatforming campaigns.
Speaker 3: During the quote unquote woke era.
Speaker 4: This debate really came to a head last month after the Young Republican pro Hitler racist group chat scandal, which was subsequently brushed off by people like Matt Walsh and Vice president jd Vance, who dismissed the texts, telling people who are concerned about it to quote unquote grow up, while referring to the chat as a college group chat, calling the members kids and young boys, when the group chat in question was made up of men in their thirties.
Speaker 17: Don't put things on the internet, like, be careful with what you post. If you put something in a group chat, assume that some scumbag is going to leak it in an effort to try to cause you harm or cause your family harm. But the reality is that kids do stupid things, especially young boys. They tell edgy, offensive jokes like that's what kids do. And I really don't want us to grow up in a country where a kid telling a stupid joke, telling a very offensive, stupid joke is caused to ruin their lives. And at some point we're all going to have to say enough of this, bs. We're not going to allow the worst moment and a twenty one year old's group chat to ruin a kid's life for the rest of time.
Speaker 2: That's just not okay.
Speaker 17: Like, we live in a digital world. This stuff is now etstin stone online. We're all gonna have to say, you know what, no no, no, we're not doing this. We're not canceling kids because they do something.
Speaker 2: Stupid in a group chat.
Speaker 5: And if I have to be the person.
Speaker 17: Who carries that message forward, I'm fine with it.
Speaker 3: To quote Matt.
Speaker 4: Walsh quote, I said a few weeks ago that we all need to band together in the wake of Charlie's death, and the answer I got back from a lot of people on the right was basically, no, well, okay, then guys, we'll just lose. Instead, the left will keep the unite in front and defend their guys no matter what. Well, we keep throwing each other to the wolves at every opportunity.
Speaker 3: Great plan.
Speaker 4: The left actually wants me dead, like specifically and personally. They're the reason why I need security at my house, why I worry for my children's safety. We've had to make major changes to the way we live our daily lives to account for this danger. So when I say that I want to stop the fighting and unite against this threat, that's the context. I'm sorry if the squabbles among right wingers just kind of pale in comparison for me. If you have the luxury to care more about that, I envy you.
Speaker 3: I truly do.
Speaker 4: Last week, Magan Kelly interviewed Tucker and Shapiro across a two day event where she asked both about the possibility of uniting the Right.
Speaker 2: Is there any way that you and Ben Shapiro can actually find your way to deton.
Speaker 3: I'm not against Ben Shapiro.
Speaker 12: He did like a forty minute thing yesterday calling me dangerous and all this stuff. It's like, I didn't watch it because why, but I got a lot of texts about it, and it's like, I'm not I don't think Ben Shapiro is driving a lot of this stuff. I don't consider him like the world's greatest force for evil. I don't feel that way at all. I don't actually think about him ever. So I don't want to have a war with Ben and Shapiro. I don't know if does he really think that me doing interview in which I explained that anti Semitism is wrong to one of the lead purveyors of anti Semitism, but that somehow makes me a Nazi?
Speaker 3: Like what is the argument here?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask him tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: But I don't even understand what the argument is.
Speaker 12: All I know is that the Right and I've been on the right since before Ben was born, is acting like the left in such an amazingly precise way that I'm like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 18: I agree with Tucker that the right is in fact acting life the left by again massaging its radicals in the name of some sort of faux unity sound because again I'm not again trying to turn this personal is a mistake, I know, but can it happened.
Speaker 4: During the fallout of the Tucker Fwenttes interview, far right influencer Mike Cernovich said quote, there's a lot of bad faith going on. So this is for those few of you perplexed about the reluctance of mega people to ever disavow anyone. We are old and we know it never stops, will always demand more. Hence we draw a hard line. It's not our job to be Internet cops. After trailblazing this rhetoric for the new Right, now Walsh and Vance find themselves in an uncomfortable position.
Speaker 3: Walsh due to.
Speaker 4: His employer Ben Shapiro, and Vance because of his future political prospects. In the midst of the Fuenes controversy, Walsh posted quote, we have a very short window of time where we control Congress and the White House, and we have the power to push our agenda forward. We're going to waste this window fighting with each other. We're going to squander everything. I'm furious, Honestly, I.
Speaker 6: Have just about had it with Matt Walsh. Matt, you work for this fucking guy. Whose side are you on? Already cut the shit, Matt Walsh. Every day on a show, he goes on Twitter in his show and says, this is all just gossip and drama, a gossip and drama.
Speaker 3: This is the war.
Speaker 6: Might not be the one you wanted, but this is the one that's going on. So Walsh wants to refuse himself from this and say, hey, man, I just care about America. Hey fucker, it's happening in America right now. Tucker's an American. Last I checked, this is going on here. We didn't make anti Semitism the wedge issue.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 6: We didn't make fighting Israel's wars the wedge issue.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 6: And Walsh wants to get on Twitter and say, I just don't want to talk about it. I just want to keep taking a paycheck from the worst of the worst. Shapiro, you gotta pick a side and nobody can let him get away with this. As long as you're America First, you need to be in his reply, saying no, Matt, you work for Ben Shapiro.
Speaker 4: Cock Vance's only statement about this debacle reads quote, the infighting is stupid. I care about my fellow citizens, particularly young Americans, being able to afford a decent life. I care about immigration and our sovereignty, and I care about establishing peace overseas so our resources can be focused at home. If you care about these things too, let's work together. Compare that to Mike Pence sharing an article critical of Fuentes by the Wall Street Journal editorial Board titled the Rights New Anti Semites. Meanwhile, Nick Fuentes is bragging that he has Vance caught in his groper squeeze, threatening to send gropers to twenty twenty eight primary states to disrupt Vince's campaign, much like the groper War of twenty nineteen targeting TPUSA.
Speaker 6: He's getting squeezed because the gropers are on the one hand saying, hey, listen, fat boy, we want America first. You want to run for president. We want to hear you say America first. And on the other side, he's got his donors, and they're saying they're horrible anti Semites. You have to disavow them. You have to forcefully condemn them. Condemned talker, Condemn the gropers. Now advance, condemns the groupers. We are deploying to Iowa. Raise your right hand. I swear I'm gonna move to Iowa and New Hampshire and Nevada and South Carolina and one primary after the next, and we will go to every town hall. We will go to every meet and greet where there's four or five people, and we will be there, and we'll do it for free.
Speaker 4: Nick has since laid out a more clear three year strategy for his fans to shape the upcoming presidential primary and infiltrate the next Republican White House. In some ways, I think Ted Cruz is right. This has been a time of choosing the only problem is that the choice has already been made. The Fuentes interview is already Tucker Carlson's fourth most popular video ever. Just two weeks after its release. Fuentes's quote tweet of Shapiro's takedown video ratioed Shapiro by one hundred and twenty thousand likes. Fuentes's last ten live streams have had an average viewership of over eight hundred thousand people on Rumble, beating Shapiro's average YouTube of you count by hundreds of thousands. The New York Times has put out seven pieces on Fuentes, both articles and opinion since the Tucker interview, plus other related news stories about Heritage and Tucker, which obviously mentioned Fuentes. Other outlets from The Wall Street Journal to The Washington Post have followed suit. CNN did a five minute and thirty second segment on the followed of the Heritage Tucker Fwent has situation and what it means for the future of the Republican Party, and has since done more segments on the issue, including one with Ben Shapiro. Multiple Twentes segments have also aired on MSNBC.
Speaker 19: Here's a sampling for once Donald Trump has remained silent on an issue, as well as Jade Vance, who is reportedly personally close to Carlson. It also has opened up an uncomfortable discussion for the GOP about what place people like Nick Fwent does have within the MAGA movement.
Speaker 20: And now to the brewing war within MAGA over the future of the American conservative movement. It comes as far right influencer Nick Fuentes recently recorded a cordial interview at the invitation of Tucker Carlson. That more than five million people have viewed the latest op ed in The Los Angeles Times by our next guest is highlighting this growing division. Contributing writer Matt Lewis contends that some Trump loyalists are now objecting to maga's quote white power element. Matt joins us, Now he's an author, columnist and conservative writer. Matt, the fact that we're even talking about a quote unquote white power element is I think concerning on its face, But this is also something that's persisted within MAGA over the course of the last ten years. I mean, I remember covering when Trump himself had dinner with Nick Fuentes at the invitation of Kanye West just a few years ago, November twenty twenty two at mar A Lago.
Speaker 3: Why was this not a conversation then?
Speaker 5: And what's changed now? Look, yeah, I think you're totally right.
Speaker 21: I mean, part of it is that Donald Trump has actually been a really good friend to Israel.
Speaker 4: I never thought the leopards would eat my face, sobs Conservative columnist who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party. Even calling Fuentes a quote unquote white power figure shows how outdated and out of touch the talking heads and many journalists are. It's not the eighties anymore, white power? What are you talking about? That's not what Fuentes is doing. If you can't recognize that, you shouldn't be talking about it. These talking heads are completely ill equipped to understand gen Z politics, or the lack thereof. We saw this in the reporting on Tyler Robinson in the past few mass killing fandom school shooters. Here's MSNBC again.
Speaker 21: According to some sources at the Heritage Foundation, a lot of their interns something like forty to fifty percent or something agree with FOI this, which is really stunning if you were around the conservative movement, let's say, in the George W.
Speaker 4: Bush era, the fucking George W. Bush era, unbelievable. Nick Fuenttes's politically vulgar obscenity is exactly what pushes his clips into people's social media feeds, cutting through the dry neo conservative boomer slop of older Republican content creators as Trump two point zero continues and Maga becomes the establishment again. It's not going to be cool to listen to Benny Johnson, whoever's hosting the New Charlie Kirk Show, or Ben Shapiro, to the extent to which listening to any of those is even still cool or counter cultural. Fuentes doesn't have this same problem. He can ride the cultural vibe shift of the twenty twenty four election and still appeal to the reactionary tendencies of some young men, but is outside enough to continue benefiting from the gen Z thirst for anti establishment populism. At the end of last month, there was a short article in The Atlantic titled the firewall against Nick Fuentes is crumbling. The white supremacist influencer is entering the MAGA mainstream, And yeah, that's correct. The tact agreement against talking about covering or platforming Nick has slowly fallen apart the past few months. Google trends graphs of search popularity has Nick Fuentes high above Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro, or Canvas Owens, and considering Nick's newfound fame, he isn't trying to slow down or moderate his views to appeal to a bigger audience, and he doesn't need to. The audience is coming to him to explain why his audience is growing so much. It's not that he's gotten less ideologically dogmatic as of recent It's that the Zoomer world has caught up to the anti ideology behind Nick Fuentes, the void of animosity that animates Fuentes, which is underneath his gesturing to relics of tradition and culture to offer a north star through the grievance inspired nihilism he actually embodies. Nick Fuentes is a meme, His clips spread like a meme. His groper movement is named after a meme, and Nick is ready willing and able to seize the spotlight he has been gifted to Nick. This controversy demonstrates that the prestigious Heritage Foundation is territory ripe for groper infiltration.
Speaker 6: What this signifies is that Heritage, the accreditation institution, the brain the priestly class that promulgates the Republican dogma. If that institution says that grouperism is up for debate, it's on the table. It's not canceled. We should talk about the ideas, and we should defend the people that defend the groupers or talked to the groupers. It signifies that one that place is a safe harbor. As I said before, So a grouper could go to work at Heritage and maybe feel welcome and comfortable, and he won't be fired. And you might have a grouper at Heritage who is going to be writing a policy paper about who knows foreign policy, education, immigration. They might be considered like an expert, and maybe they'll go on to be a legislative director for a senator, and they might be writing laws for the US government. It's conceivable if the President of Heritage says Tucker is in the Big ten, then that means that Tucker and Nick fwent to sympathizers are allowed to be employed at Heritage, and thus they might be in the position to determine the dogma. They can write the doctrine.
Speaker 4: Conservative writer Rob Dreer has claimed, based on DC contacts and talking with gen Z staffers, quote, between thirty to forty percent of the Zoomers who work in official Republican Washington are fans of Nick Fuentes unquote, writing that this is emblematic of a generation quote willing to revel in transgressions such as they tear down the pillars of civilization just for the fun of seeing those who have been gate kept away breaching containment. The groper thing is real. It is not a fringe movement in that it really has infiltrated young conservative Washington networks to a significant degree unquote. After the Young Republican racist group chat story dropped, Nick Fuentez said on his show, quote, gropers are all over the government, and everyone knows that there's gropers at Harvard, There's grapers in all the Ivy League schools. I talked to all of them. There's gropers in government. There's grapers in every department, every agency.
Speaker 5: Unquote.
Speaker 4: There's no reason to believe Nick is exaggerating. This is something he has advocated his followers do for years, and stories like the Young Republican pro Hitler group chat are evidence of this. Nick Fuentez is mainstream now. Nick Fuentez is a legitimate part of the mainstream conservative movement. Even if he doesn't become the quote unquote successor to his longtime nemesis Charlie Kirk, Fuentes is already on course to be the main figure to have gained the most from Kirk's death and emerged advantageous. This has been it could happen here.
Speaker 5: See you on the other side.
Speaker 3: This is it could happen here.
Speaker 4: Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis to Dame, joined by Mia Wong, James Stout, and Robert Evans. This episode, we are covering the week of November fifth to November thirteenth.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel about the week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how you feel.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: The shutdown is now over, the longest shutdown in US history. Last weekend, eight Democratic senators caved on the shutdown, approving a deal to reopen the government without extending the existing Obamacare subsidies, gaining only a promise to have a Senate floor vote on healthcare tax credits sometime in December, with no indication given that this vote would pass the Chamber and no commitment from Speaker Mike Johnson that he would hold a vote in the House. None of the Democratic senators had sided with the Republicans are up for reelection in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that suggests pretty clearly that this was orchestrated in stage by the Democratic Party as a whole. You don't have Oh, we picked eight specific people you can't vote against in the next cycle.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very clearly just stage managing.
Speaker 4: Specifically with the Schumer being somewhat in charge of the Senate that Democrats, who likely would have been the person orchestrating this, who himself did not vote for this deal, was able to personally vote against it despite likely being the one orchestrating this entire deal. Yeah, two of the senators who signed on are retiring at the end of their term. But even if we can't get healthcare through this shutdown bill, you know what these Democrats did did able to squeeze in there. Well, I don't know if the Democrats squeezed it in there, but it is in there. That's a Delta eight hemp THHC band which is inclusive, horrible in the Senate funding bill, absolutely awfully.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course they did a boy hattie and the hamp industry has gotten angry about this. They're they're planning to find it in twenty twenty six. I guess we'll all see, because it takes a while to take effect. But yeah, that is Uh, there's a lot of hemp farms in Kentucky that are pissed off right now.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: So we can't get healthcare, but at least we also can't get health THHC.
Speaker 3: So what if there wasn't bread or circuses? What would happen?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 5: Wow, we would vote for the Democrats mere because they're the least bad option. I think that's how that goes, right. I've been on Blue Sky a few times this week. I think I've got it pretty drilled in.
Speaker 4: Catherine Cortes Maestro of Nevada, Dick Dermoan of Illinois, John Fetterman of Pennsylvania, Megghie Hassan of New Hampshire, Tim Kaine of Virginia, Angus King of Maine.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 4: King's protest member just dropped. Katherine Cortez Mosto of Nevada, and Jan Shaheen of New Hampshire speaking of the Senate and the Oversight Committee, this whole Jeffrey Epstein things doesn't seem to be going away, does it?
Speaker 2: Man? Like you, I was a skeptic about like, could there be anything in there that's actually going to hurt Trump? If he hasn't been hurt so far by everything that is out there.
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm still a little bit of a skeptic, but it's increasingly hard to be because like, how much?
Speaker 5: How could it be worse than this? Yeah, there's something that isn't This happened to.
Speaker 2: Be worse than Donald Trump was at Jeffrey Epstein's mansion and walked into a glass door because he was so busy oggling children.
Speaker 5: The fact that this is what they released to distract you from the stuff they don't want to release, well, there.
Speaker 4: Is one the Democrats, oh, to be fair, well both This was the emails they were able to subpoena from Jeffrey Epstein's estate as a part of the Oversight Investigation into the federal government's investigation of the Epstein files. Yesterday, the Oversec Committee released this batch of files related to the Epstein investigation, mostly of note a series of emails from about twenty eleven to twenty nineteen, including one from Epstein written to Maxwell from twenty eleven quote, I want you to realize that the dog that hasn't barked is Trump. Victim redacted named victim spent hours at my house with him. He has never once been mentioned, police chief, etc. I'm seventy five percent there unquote. In a short email exchange from December twenty eighteen, an unknown individual sent Jeffrey Epstein this message quote, it will all blow over. They're really just trying to take down Trump and doing whatever they can to do that, with Epstein replying yes, fix, thanks, it's wild because I am the one able to take him down. Whatever could he mean by that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, who knows.
Speaker 2: There's no way to tell. There's absolutely no way to tell.
Speaker 5: If you are currently in high school English class and people tell you you will not be able to make me millions of dollars if you're unable to use grammar, punctuational capital letters correctly. That that appears not to have been an impediment to Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey Epstein's typing style is fascinating.
Speaker 3: It's awful.
Speaker 5: Well, it's extremely distinctive, which I suppose is a valuable thing in itself.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's it's fascinating, But I mean there's a lot of different emails of note. A twenty nineteen email from Epstein to Michael Wolfe quote victim mar al Largo redacted. Trump said, he asked me to resign, never a member.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 4: Of course he knew about the girls, as he asked Glaine to stop unquote, which, by the way, the way that.
Speaker 3: I've been I've been seeing that quote passed around is just that he knew about the girl's part, which makes it a little bit technically ambiguous as to what he's talking about. But the second part being as he asked just Lane to stop. Oh, that's as blatant as it could possibly be. Right, what Epstein's saying there is really clearer. The main thing that's clear from this exchanges, at the very least, the kind to which Trump was very aware of Epstein's activities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well, in which everyone was not just fucking Donald Trump, but like the Obama Whitehouse's chief legal counsel from twenty eleven twenty fourteen, right, who he messaged with regularly and seems to have been flirting with him, Right, she seems to have been into him. And they're all just kind of casually or he is with them casually joking about like being a pedophile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's emails from Steve Bannon here, who he's just chatting with like emails a peer keel at one point.
Speaker 4: The Steve benn In exchange is from twenty nineteen from Jeffrey Epstein talking about a recent state visit message Prince Andrew and Trump today too funny. Another reply from Epstein call Prince Andrew's accuser came out of mar A Lago and response from Bannon can't believe nobody's making you the connective issue Jesus Christ d wild wildly blatant stuff. In exchange from twenty fifteen from Michael Wolf to Jeffrey Epstein. I hear CNN is planning to ask Trump tonight about his relationship with you, either on air or in scrum. Afterwards, Epstein replied, if you were able to craft an answer for him, what do you think it should be? Wolf responded to that quote, I think you should let him hang himself. If he says he hasn't been on the plane or to the house, then that gives you a valuable pr and political currency. You can hang him in a way that potentially generates a positive benefit for you, or if it really looks like he could win, you could save him generating a debt. Of course, it is possible that when asked, He'll say, Jeffrey's great guy and has gotten a raw deal. It's a victim of political correctness, which is to be outlawed in a Trump regime.
Speaker 5: Managin putting that in writing to a Gmail address.
Speaker 3: Gmail is fast is a fascinating choice by Epstein.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also the fact that every goddamn one of these messages ends with scent on my iPad? Is is it's just constantly amusing sent to my iPhone? Yeah, there are always like two extra spaces between sentences, Like you can tell they're old people typing on iPads a lot of the time with their fucking clumsy ass fingers.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's beautiful. It's beautiful.
Speaker 5: Tech sa is huge.
Speaker 3: Some really disturbing exchanges from Epstein and a man named Lendon Thomas Junior, with Epstein saying would you like a photo of Donald and girls in bikinis in my kitchen?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: Bro, Hawaiian tropical girl Lauren Petrella. Epstein then sent a link displaying midge of a woman quote my twenty year old girlfriend in ninety three that after two years I gave to Donald unquote.
Speaker 3: One thing I want to note here is that Lennon Thomas Junior. Yeah, baby, long long time journalist at the New York Times. And he's just handed this financial journalist. Yes, so he couldn't do anything with it. He could do nothing with it, obvious. Oh, he's a financial journalist.
Speaker 2: He can't report on what financier Jeffrey Epstein tells him about Donald Trump walking into a glass door because he was oggling naked children a Jeffrey Epstein's mansion. That's a thing that Jeffrey joked about to him, and The New York Times never printed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in twenty sixteen they had this.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a tendency and I understand why to get sort of burned out on this right to be like, oh my god, it's more Epstein news. But we should be furious about this. Yeah, this was you know what we have. And this isn't even the stuff they're trying to hide, right, This isn't the Epstein files. This is just the emails that the Oversight Committee has been able to get right. And it suggests very plainly that we are ruled by a group of pedophiles. And I refuse to call them a cabal because cabal implies that they work in the shadows. They were not. The entire ruling class knew this was going on openly, and they're joking about it. Yeah, they don't care. Yeah, they think it's funny.
Speaker 4: There's this exchange from twenty seventeen between Jeffrey and an unknown individual where Jeffrey says, you are welcome at my house always and more private. The person responds, very well, just send me the address again and the code to the door so I can get to the second floor and send me the day and time. Thanks, Jeffrey said ten pm. Should I bring special cake from New York? The unknown individual responded yes, and then once they arrived, they sent the message quote I'm at the door, but I will wait for my time. I don't want to come early to find Trump in your house to laughing emojis, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Christ.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the reason they're doing this, right, the reason they're they're so blatant about this reason they all think it's so funny. The reason they're just doing this over completely unencrypted email in a way that like someone planning a completely legal protest where you stand outside of a building with signs right, would not plan it like this. The reason they're doing This is that these people and men like them have been ruling this country for five hundred years in an uninterrupted line from Columbus's fucking crew through on Hispaniola, through Jefferson and Sally Hemmings like to Epstein is an uninterrupted line. They think that they are completely invincible and that no one will ever challenge them, and you know, maybe maybe they're fucking right. For all of the sort of moaning and complaining about woke censorship and me too in cancel culture, these people never shot the fuck up ever at any point. All of these people are running around to their fucking Epstein conferences taking a bunch of money talk about eugenics.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's I mean, there was some fun stuff about that in here too, because he was emailing with Lawrence Krauss. Less eugenics and more hatred of women where too, Like there were very funny emails where Kraus was being like, you know, I'd made a comment in a speech that half of all the IQ in the world comes from women, but they're more than half the population. Ha like a lot of just like casual. It's a really interesting insight into how people at kind of the highest levels of finance and government and just wealth in general, and in media like communicated with each other during this period of time. I'm sure it's different now because people are even less good at writing, but yeah, it's a useful. It's a snapshot that we don't get anywhere else of like this, this chunk of the I mean talking about that fucker at the New York Times, who, by the way, was shitcan in twenty nineteen for soliciting donations from Jeffrey Epstein and not informing them of his personal relationship. But again, the Times never published anything based on their conversations. It's the same group of people who have been telling us every issue that like it might changentally be connected to, like transitioning is newsworthy, and it's incredibly newsworthy if this like official at a college might have plagiarized once in their childhood but or in their youth. But like, it's not newsworthy at all to talk about the possible future president walking face first into a glass door because he's staring at naked children in a pedophile's mansion.
Speaker 3: This is the period. This is the period with they were running stories about the food at Grinnell College. Yeah, and you can and you know, And there's another I think part of this too, where if you look at these things, you can find these people all complaining about me too. Right now, you can find these people all doing their sort of like, oh, these are all those same people who do all of the like oh, like we're the bold truth tellers, blah blah blah, we're being censored by like cancer culture. I want to take a stab at the question that these that you're actually not allowed to ask, you know. And what I say you're not allowed to ask is these people don't want you to ask. All the fucking hedge fund manage CEOs, all the senators, all the presidents, every one of these fucking files does not want you to ask a simple question. Why do we have a ruling class? Like we gave them five hundred years of running this continent and do you know what they produced again? Five hundred years of uninterrupted pedophiles. Right we are we are on we are on year five hundred of this from like Colabus, Jefferson to Epstein, the Trump right, So why do we have this?
Speaker 2: That's just not how people people. No one's going to a store or to the politics store or heading out to vote and voting for another year of the pedophile ruling class. People don't really think. People don't tend to think about it that way, and in part they don't because the ruling strata of the United States has not portrayed itself in the same unbroken way right like it very much makes an effort not to in public. And there's an extent to which it is. It's certainly different than like the old aristocracy of the British and the landed gentry that ruled the British Empire. It's not exactly the same, but it is like the same kind of people and in a lot of cases the same families that continue to control large amounts of wealth and inherent political power. I mean, there's another fucking Kennedy who seems like a nice kid getting into politics just as we speak, right, I don't know. I think I feel like we'll have a dedicated episode on more of the Epstein stuff. And there's an extent to which I keep thinking about that, like bitten community, where it's like no one's on the other side of this issue that's listening to this podcast. Everybody's very angry about the pedophilia everybody's very angry about all of this stuff, and I have mostly been interpreting it through just like laughing over the last day or two, which is bad because it's like really bad stuff. You shouldn't just do that it, But like what else? What other reactions? Like you can pick and choose whatever you do. I think to your point, Mia, however you react to this, it's not going to change anything, right, yeah, Like so fine, it hasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, but I mean, okay, I don't think that's completely true. You can watch how just like pissed off and scared these people were about like about me too, right, and like you can you can go listen to Bannon a couple of weeks ago talking about how if they lose the election, like we're all going to prison. Yeah right, like these people are like concerned about even like me too, which was a fairly milk toe like it wasn't like a particularly radical feminist movement right now, and these people were losing their fucking minds about it. And you know, like we we have the potential to organize feminist movements that can actually do things about this shit, Like we are capable of building new feminist movements we did one not that long ago that was a big part of this administration collapsing the first time, and we can do it again.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying there's no point in fighting them. I'm just saying, like your reaction the moment to the epstein Leagues doesn't matter as much as is this going to Is this going to cause any kind of like long term resistance to the administration? Is this going to? And maybe it will, But like I guess the thing that I'm curious about is like what what is what are what are we doing to try and make this matter? Right, Because like that's that's where I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the answer to the question is this going to matter? Is also something that every single one of us decides, right, because if we all just do nothing, then yeah, nothing, nothing will happen.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: If we go mobilize and we go do things to resist these people, we intensify the things we're already doing. If we start doing new things, if we start doing new sort of feminist insertioncies, right then things can change. But if we don't, they're not going to and we're just going to have another five hundred years with these pedophiles ruling everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think that it's probably more a matter of like, this is likely to shift more people away from the GOP, at least in the immediate future. I don't think in the long term. I don't know that you don't build a coalition off of this, because the dims certainly aren't trying to you at least get this like wider awareness of where the real problem was. But I just don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's going to be utilized electorally by some Republicans to eventually decouple the party from Trump. Yes, after this becomes more and more evident, and they're looking for a way to get themselves out of becoming the Trump Party, and turning on him specifically through this issue will probably be one of the methods in which they do that. And you see that with some people like even like margin Ta Lagree and Lauren Bobert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rod Drere is writing about some stuff adjacent to this, Right, these are the guys who think Vance needs to lead the party away from Trump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and are already viewing Trump as a sort of lame duck presidency insomuch is that he's kind of failed to do a whole bunch of stuff especially on the economy in the past year. The midterms are about to get up and running. That's going to take up a whole bunch of energy that everyone expects the Dems to do very well in the midterms and then prevent Trump administration in the final two years from getting much of anything done through blocking things in Congress. And that's what a lot of people on the far right are like taking this situation as as basically January to now was the second Trump administration. This is the most that they're going to get done, and now it's kind of all downhill from here, yea, and they're looking far beyond Trump now.
Speaker 5: Yes, I want to tack back to the Times real quickly before we move past it. Like Garrison, some of those emails you read, if I'm not mistaken, were like in December of twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, the twenty eighteen ones are Epstein saying I am the one able to take him down.
Speaker 3: That one from twenty eighteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, So let's talk about I mean, the week before the midterms and all week after midterms in terms of Times front page stories. Right the week before the midterms to twenty eighteen, the Times ran twelve stories on the quote unquote migrant caravan on the front page ran twenty fourth. Oh yeah, I remember that, right the week after it ran five. The migrant caravan continued to grow as more people are I was physically present in Tijuana right as the caravan was arriving, and I continued to be present for the rest of that year. The caravan con teamed to grow, more people continue to come. Right, this is and a choice was made not to cover the Epstein stuff that Roberts spoke about. Right, A choice was also made at that time to really like, this caravan was not huge. It was large, but it wasn't a hugely remarkable number of migrants, and it occupied twelve front page stories during that one week before the election. Right, I don't know how else I could say this, Like they're literally saying look over there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and I guess that's part of my fear gear is I think that is accurate as to how things are going to play out, and that the DIMS will have a good mid term and probably pretty good results in the twenty twenty. That's less clear to me, you know, because in part, if the DIMS have a really good twenty twenty six, and then things continue to get worse. Maybe we'll blame the party. I don't know who's going to show up on the you know, after Trump that that's all a little unclear. But what worries me is that in the mix of all that we're going to get away from and I think this is almost inevitable actual accountability for these people, Like, I don't four seed they're being strong punished. I foresee things moving forward, possibly in a way where they get quite a bit better, but not where I don't see the likelihood of these people getting punished. And I don't know that somebody running in twenty twenty eight on a platform of we're going to hang these people in the street would win, But I think it's worth a shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's pretty far off, I really know. Yeah, I'm not sure how much this will still be relevant by then. I mean after Mike Johnson for seven weeks delayed the swearing in of Arizona representative at Elite Gorihalva, she was finally sworn in yesterday on Wednesday and became the two hundred and eighteenth required signature on the discharge petition to force a floor vote for the full release of the Epstein files. Johnson says this vote will happen next week. During this process, Trump held an emergency meeting in the Situation Room with Pam Bondie, Todd Blanche, and Cash Bettel to convince Lauren Bobert to take her name off the petition, which would then result in it not being complete and forcing the vote. They are certainly in a panic over this. The whole White House team is. This morning Thursday, Press Secretary Carolyn Levitt put out an amazing post on x the Everything app quote. If not for the Jeffrey Epstein story, CNN would be forced talk about how Chuck Schumer and the Democrats got shellacked by President Trump and Republicans in the government shut down fight. It's clear this is another Democrat and mainstream media hoax fueled by fake outrage distract. When the President's wins, Republicans don't be fooled. President Trump will remain focused on making America affordable again. If not for the Jeffrey Epstein story.
Speaker 2: It was if not.
Speaker 4: If not, aren't we all saying that if the president was a pedophile, then everyone would love him.
Speaker 2: If not for the child molestation, he'd be allowed to live in this neighborhood.
Speaker 4: I want mentioned the Macon Kelly thing in terms of in terms of Republicans reacting to this and trying to find a way to sort through. And some of them are manufacturing like consent, like making Kelly here, and others I think are quite ready to just throw Trump to the wolves.
Speaker 3: Frankly, Yeah, there's a so Megan Kelly, I'm not gonna play the clip from you all because having to listen to making Kelly's.
Speaker 4: I've listened to four hours of Makeing Kelly this week.
Speaker 5: Mia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's know more. But she has this whole line about how she knows someone who's close to the case and has all the details and that person thinks that, Yeah, her exact quote is, I think there's a difference, a difference between a fifteen year old and a five year old. I mean she literally is talking about how, oh he was into the he wasn't into four or five year olds. He's talking about She says this and I quote barely legal types, and then she says fourteen or fifteen, which no legal Just pause, pause right there, fourteen fifteen not legal. I think there was a conversation to be had about the descent, which the barely legal like just turned eighteen shit is to a large extent of product of like American pedophil culture and misogyny. But like, those are fourteen and fifteen year olds, and this is the like you know, this, this is the defense of these people are are dragging out for this, which is that oh well he wasn't like literal like like five year olds. So actually it's like they're they're they're they're doing the libertarian thing. It's like, isn't it be a file or whatever? The fuck?
Speaker 4: I think a lot of this is also the result of like the QAnon brained idea that like they're four year olds and like, no, this is mostly like really young teenagers. That's mostly what these guys are into and making Kelly specifically was talking about Epstein.
Speaker 5: This is even really young.
Speaker 2: They're six fifteen to seventeen year old girls.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 2: That's the part of the problem is that a huge number of not just men, but largely men in this country don't see fifteen to seventeen year old girls as children.
Speaker 3: Which they are.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's really a pro Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Just struggling, just incredible structural misogyny that's just yeah, And so that's what they're sort of trying to bake all of this stuff as now. And I guess we'll see whether it works or not, just because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think this line from Megan Kelly is going to be very a large scale of Butbophelia. I don't think it's I don't think it's gonna work. I I her motivations for this are I'm sure not great.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: You don't know that, Garrison, And I think in some way she is pulling from like this like a QAnon brained idea, right, that these are a whole bunch of like basically infants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, what else do you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: Let's talk about January sixth and the terrorisms.
Speaker 3: Sure, I love no either of those things.
Speaker 2: I I Garrison, you love terrorism.
Speaker 4: I had a fun day, No, I honestly I had. I had a great January sixth.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: That was a really fun morning for me.
Speaker 2: That was a hoot of a day. Boy howdie when they breached the capital doors? Great time? Well windows first, but yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think you mean when the FBI breached the Capitol.
Speaker 5: Stores for sure.
Speaker 2: Yes, So this all takes me to the sub stack of a guy named Rod Dreyer. Rod Is, he wouldn't call himself a fascist. But if you ever bring up is this specific fascist from history bad, he'd say, well, not compared to the communists they stopped right. That's the kind of conservative conservative that Rod is.
Speaker 3: He's basically friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's basically friends of Victor or Body.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Didn't he just write a piece called our women ruining the workplace?
Speaker 2: He's written several like that. I think he's just like the people I'm talking about. Was when he came out with on November tenth, called what I Saw on herd in Washington, and he was at a meeting with President Vice President James Darryl Vance, not his stolen James Dolan Vance. That's a good James Dolan. You're a real New Yorker. Now, gare are you pissed about the Knicks permanently?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: Basketball's too masculine for me.
Speaker 2: So he came out with this article about this this meeting that that Vance had with Victor Orbon and some other Republican luminaries. And for a little bit of context, Dreyer is, again, you wouldn't call him an anti trumper. You'd call him a guy who thinks that Trump is going to doom the right and doom the right to fascism unless jd Vance can save them. He actually has a recent His most recent column is basically jd Vance is the only person who can save the right wing from fascism. And he's a weird dude who reads a lot of Hannah Arnt but absolutely does not understand her. But this article of his based on this meeting is useful for a couple of reasons. One that I'm sure Gary and I will talk about more detail later is Drere estimates in here that thirty to forty percent of the Zoomers who are working for the Republican Party in DC are Groyper's aka fans of Holocaust DENI are and true? True?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Is that?
Speaker 2: What is that what eugen z kids are saying for truth? Garrison?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's okay, Okay, that's truth. I can't keep it a great track of that's shit anymore. Truth nuke Great, that makes sense, Duke. Sure, Yeah, they're all grapers, or at least forty percent are.
Speaker 2: Thirty thirty forty percent And I actually eat number one he Dreyer, He's not someone that I I think just makes up nonsense. I think he's like wrong because his brain is bad. But I I he provides some backup, including interviews and conversations he had for this, and this is consistent with other information coming out of the beltweigh. I think he's probably pretty close to the accurate number here, right, thirty to forty percent seems believable. Gare, I think you're more or less in the same area there, Garrison is thirty great, Yes, that's yes, that's that's what I meant. James, thank you for the most charitable reading of my sentence there. Now, the thing that I thought was the other thing that I thought was interesting from this article is because he's he's trying to talk about why the media, which he sees as an inherently left wing organization, even though we just talked about all of the carrying water for Jeffrey Epstein while attacking trans people, shit they did.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's it's a it's a right wing slash liberal organization. I would would, yeah, you have to, you have to get over some of his aspects of phrasing. But he's talking about why. One of some of the reasons why he thinks that the institutions in our society, like Zoomers do not trust them. And this is where I think he's on the money, because I think that the reason why so many gen Z Republicans, like Republican staffers, are gropers is what he gets at, which is that they're having the same problem as the rest of gen Z. They're just approaching it from a fascist standpoint. But they all are starting from the same point, which is I'm fucked. My generation is fucked. Yeah, there's no jobs, I'm not going to own a house. The climate is screwed.
Speaker 2: Like they're blaming the Jews for it, but they're they're starting at the same plan. It's school shooter politics, right, school shooter politics. Yes, some people understand this and then decide to do a school shooting. These guys decide to get jobs in Washington. Yes, but it's the same psychea behind the mechanism, exactly right. And I'm going to read a quote from Dreer's article and then we'll move past him to the primary thing I wanted to talk about here, and this is him talking about, you know, why these Zoomers don't trust the system and want to destroy everything. The institutions of our society as they see it, have lied and light and light and still lie. They still lie in many ways about race, refusing to be honest about black crime. They lie about COVID, They lied about males and females, and they force the insanity of gender ideology on us. All the military light about I Rock the universities is just the military, just the military rod. The universities embraced and enforced ideologies of lies. The Catholic churchs lie about sexual abuse and the connection to the prevalence of sexually active gay priests. Exactly is that the problem? Honeycoming institution. They lied about the benefits of mass migration and diversity. They lied about Trump and Russia. They sure didn't the political parties, in their corporate allies light about what globals we need for ordinary people. The media have lied, and they do about most things. This past week and everybody was talking about the new report in Blaze Media alleging that the mysterious January sixth pipe bomber was in fact a former Capitol Police officer, the implications being that the whole event was orchestrated by the deep state to discredit Donald Trump. Maybe mainstream media are busy trying to validate this reporting on their own. If The Blaze has this wrong, they're going to be suited to oblivion, and so will all the other media who amplify a false charge. I can tell you that.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 2: All I can tell you is that nobody in the MSM are talking about it as I write it, even though it is an explosive story. People were in fact talking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And in fact, before we could do this episode, The Bulwark, which has both a website with articles and is a podcast network, came up with an article by Will Sommer, who used to write for The Journalist. Yeah, good journalist. We took a bullying hat class together, I believe was the post that he wrote for. At the time.
Speaker 4: He was like one of the leading QAnon experts for years.
Speaker 5: Yeah you student Dady beast Wassing for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Daily Beast is I think where I knew him from. And he wrote a really good article called The Blaze's pipe on Bombshell appears to bomb and basically Dreer says here, well, if the bit if the Blaze is wrong, they'll be soon too oblivion. And the short answer is yeah, I think yeah, because they absolutely named this lady and the Capitol Police. To make a long story short, if you don't want to read the whole Blaze article, you can read the piece on the bulwark. You can read the sections of it, or you can type the link to the Blaze article into like archive dot org, so you don't give from traffic if you want. It's not good. It's the entire their entire claims that this particular woman. And I am not going to name this woman because I don't think she's the bomber, and I don't think you've got name people as being a terrorist if you're not sure they were. I will say that she's a woman, and that she's a Capitol Police officer, or at least now a former Capitol Police officer who is kind of insinuated by the Blaze and has been absolutely taken up by the right wing media immediately since to be a Now, she got poached by the CIA right and that's taken as like proof that she definitely did this. She's a security guard at the CIA's she's not in the CIA. I'm sorry, guys. She's a rent to cop for the CIA, which is let's be fair, probably the highest rung of rent to cop, Like, you know, you're taking a step up as a rent to cop, but she's not. She's not out there over throwing democracies yet.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe they fast track you once you're let's see a security guard enough. But so the whole claim that the Blaze is staking the reputation on because if you're paying attention to like info wars, well not reputations their financial solvency because info wars currently owes like a billion and a half dollars for wrongly accusing people of having faked match shootings and the depths of their own children. So their argument that this lady has to be it is based on they have some old footage of her, like the jogging track, and there's a couple of clips from the drugsraph they showed. But they're claiming that this Gate analysis that they did between the Capitol bomber and this woman is based on footage of her that they are not publishing publicly. That's good so that you can verify it, But that they say is ninety four percent. And they talked to a Gate analysis expert and he did a personal Gate analysis and he said it had be more than ninety eight percent, so that means basically it definitely was her because gate analysis is for sure real and not one of the Every kind of forensic science is a lie.
Speaker 22: Lie be even very good for flying shoes alone convicting someone that we have fear of you data to show that you shouldn't choose your running shoes of gate analysis, let alone fucking.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, there's many articles about how it may not be the future of the shoe industry. You should certainly shouldn't be hinging your publication's survival. I'm getting right that somebody was a bomber ba.
Speaker 4: This is just the latest attempt by the right to run this whole J six false flag conspiracy, which is picking up a lot of steam. Like a few months ago, the FBI released some information on how many agents they had in the area during January sixth, and this led many many conservative commentators to believe, Oh, look, the FBI had just admitted that it was their agents that actually started the riot and was most of the like rowdy, rambunctious crew members and no. The specific wording on the announcement or statement regarding the presence of agents at J six was after after the insurrection had already started and agents were sent there to keep it under control. That's what it was referring to. And Cash Hotel released a statement days later clarifying this, but of course that doesn't pick up nearly as much traction as the original claims were. So this whole game analysis thing is continuing on this, this whole conspiracy theory about how the FBI and the CIA staged all of January six to crush Trump and remove him from power, and probably warns of a future episode just on January sixth, conspiracy theories that have propagated the past few months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we probably, I mean, honestly, yes, but okay, to continue with this. So gain analysis was half of what their case lay on. The other half of the case was interviews with a couple of different people, primarily an FBI whistleblower, a former FBI agent who made a claim that, like, yeah, we tied the woman this officer's neighbor to a vehicle that like picked up the bomber. This is not based on publicly available information. This is based on the statements made by former FBI agent Kyle Seraphim, who is now a right wing media personality of course, and we're just trusting that this guy who is former FBI agent trying to rebrand himself as an influencer, is telling us the truth about all of this stuff that they're not presenting us with. This is this is kind of dressed up as ocent, but they're not actually providing you with the information.
Speaker 4: There's no actual open source intelligence.
Speaker 2: You can't work back from there from because they're hiding a lot of stuff.
Speaker 19: Right.
Speaker 2: There's a couple other things that Sommer notes and his article here to make their case against the former Capitol police officer. Baker was The author and co author Joseph H. Hannaman, focused on a comparison between the officer's gates, some of which was apparently captured in years old footage of her playing soccer, and footage of the pipeop such from the night of January fifth. Instead of using suspect footage released by the FBI, however, the Blaze claims it used footage from another source the article doesn't name. Critically, the Blaze didn't release an actual video comparison or significant details of the Gate analysis. Instead, it draws on the work of a man the Blaze called a video sleuth, a little known X user named Armatas whose online profile image is a picture from the nineteen ninety eight role playing video game Zeno Gears.
Speaker 4: Hell Yeah, Zeno Gears Great twigs Net video game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're not gonna get sued into oblivion for this shit. The Blaze, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 5: Don't believe the people who published vance Bolt's probably last interview would do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shocking shocking stuff. Now, to be again totally fair here, Dreyer does not treat this with any sort of critical thought whatsoever. But actually a bunch of the people critiquing this have been on the right, and I where I partially agree with Drer's I think it's a mistake that the mainstream media has not dedicated more effort to busting this immediately and to pointing out the weaknesses and stuff like gait analysis immediately out the gate. So it does kind of sound like they're ignoring it. I think they're largely. I think largely this isn't getting covered because it's so shady and bad and because it's dangerous to spread these kinds of claims about a person.
Speaker 4: Sure, I mean, yeah, it's like it's like the Blaze.
Speaker 2: It's not even Fox News, right, there's already law enforcement station outside this woman's house because of the number of threats that you see. Yeah right, like like again, she has ample claims for damages here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So a couple of the people who have come after, one of them is after this article. One of them is Julie Kelly, who's a right wing media figure and is a major force in the January sixth conspiracy theory world. And she is largely attacking the Blaze because she's doing her own investigation into the who did the pipe bombing? Right, So she's she's pointed out some very obvious problems. Why don't you post that other video you have, right, why don't you show the evidence of the gate analysis?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 2: So she she's been attacking this, as has Joe Hoft, who's co founder of the Gateway Pundit. Hell yeah, oh god, yeah, great stuff. So there's there's people on the right talking shit about this stuff. It's worth noting that when this initially came out, Glenn Beck spent days beforehand hyping it up and talking about how like this is the biggest I think that he literally called it like the biggest conspiracy in American history maybe, which is like Jesus Christ, dream smaller, Come on, dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But within like a day of the article actually coming out, the Blaze added an editor's note, which is pretty damning. An earlier version of this story said it appeared the bombing suspect interacted with police after publication. A congressional investigator with access to a camera angle that has not been made public reached out and told Blaze News a person similarly attired to the suspected bomber who comes out of the alley and crosses the street towards the two Capitol police vehicles is not the same person as the hoodie clad pipe bom suspect walking down the alley just minutes earlier. Amazing, wouldn't there gata analysis have shown.
Speaker 3: That amazing work.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you have known that if gata analysis?
Speaker 4: This almost like you can't rely on GAINA analysis to identified individuals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's almost like this is all bullshit. Anyway. I largely did this just because fuck you, Rod Dreer. I like, we covered this stupid ass story. Will Sommer covered this stupid ass story and we made fun of it. Thank you, Will, thank you the bulwark. This is what I've got. I've done.
Speaker 4: That Dreyer piece is also crazy and just in surreal. Surreal beca as of how much of it is like talking about how we as in the right, needs to like re recalibrate, how we discuss the reality of like complete Jewish control over our media, and how it's fine actually because a whole bunch of various like ethnicities excel in various skills and that's not weird. So it's not weird that Jews control all the media. We shouldn't be worried about this. And how how much of that piece feels like it could have been written in like the nineteen twenties. Yes, it's a crazy time. Capsule ooks yep. Anyway, that's my opinions on the tree or.
Speaker 3: Substack piece anti semitism, for anti semitism, it's a great time.
Speaker 4: I mean sure, I mean you could have I would have a slightly more complicated analysis of the piece than just anti semitism, because true approaches that issue really oddly. I don't think he's antisemitic. Frankly, I don't think he thinks he's anti semitic.
Speaker 3: I don't think he thinks he is yeah, but it's like I think that there's a difference between what he believes about himself of what he's trying to do and what he is doing.
Speaker 4: And sure, I mean I mean even even in the way that the article is written, and like a lot lot of it is yeah, I mean attacking a certain type of anti Semitism on the right.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys know what Rod Dreyer would hate other than an editor, I think he would.
Speaker 3: Actually love some ass.
Speaker 5: All right, we are back and uh, we're gonna do some very brief immigration stuff and then we will play the song you have all been waiting for and be able to talk to you. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops based based based thank you get issue the statement this week. It's about the strongest the nation you're going to see from this entity of anything in a political realm. Right.
Speaker 4: HOPEFULLYO has not been solved on this issue.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, he is unlike we saw it, like with Bishop farm in San Diego, right, like who himself arrived as in what they call an unaccompanied minor, right, a child, a refugee. I'm going to read from the statement quote, we are disturbed when we see among our people a climate of fear and anxiety around questions of profiling and immigration enforcement. We are saddened by the state of contemporary debate and the valification of migrants. We are concerned about the conditions in detention centers and the lack of access to pastoral care. We lament that some immigrants in the United States have arbitrarily lost their legal status. We are troubled by threats against the sanctity of houses of worship and a special nature of hospitals and schools. We are grieved when we meet parents who fear being detained when taking their children to school, when we try to console family members who have already been separated from their loved ones.
Speaker 3: This isn't the usual based, based, based, based, based, based, based.
Speaker 5: And has got to got a crucifix. I guess they haven't done this for like twelve years. Right last time they did it about contraception, saying a Catholic church is an organization that I agree with all the time. If it's not, it's one that I disagree with most of the time. But I still think this is important, right, Like, this is an organization which has millions of followers in the United States, many many Catholics around the world.
Speaker 3: A lot of Catholics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is an organization which therefore we should pay attention to, right, And I think it is telling that the work pope has not stopped with this and that it seems like the vast mediority of bishops in the United States are on his side.
Speaker 11: No, it's it's it is.
Speaker 4: It is pretty funny we have like a never Trumper, nominally conservative, woke pope and the fact that he will not blackdown on this issue and has has actually has a number of statements on this the past the past few weeks, and not softly worded statements either.
Speaker 2: Catholic priests have also been reasonably good on this issue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's important, especially because of how much these like weird like fascist friendly treads are using Catholicism as like a fashion statement.
Speaker 3: And Jdvans included.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna say, our vice president, have.
Speaker 4: The actual church be like frity freaked out by that.
Speaker 5: I think is good.
Speaker 4: It'd be worth if they were leaning into it, which certainly some cardinals like want when they were doing their selection.
Speaker 5: But if you look at the votes in this issue, right, like two hundred and sixteen votes in favor of five against and three abstentions. So among bishops, which is to sink from cardinals like this is this is almost universal, right, and yet given that our vice president has made being an adult convert to Catholicism a large part of his personality embarrassing. Yeah, this is like, it is remarkable. It's worth paying attention to. Also, I think when I talk to migrants specifically, like when I was in the Darien Gap talking to migrants, their faith is massively important to so many and a lot of people, especially coming from South Central America, will be Catholic, right, and that is what propels them through, and so for them to feel that the Church has not abandoned them, it is important to them. Yeah. The thing when I speak to people now who are here, the thing that they want more than anything is a priest to come to their hearing, to their meeting with them. That is what makes them feel safe. And so I am happy that the Church is continuing to try and make them.
Speaker 2: Feel safe, because yeah, what what else are you going to do?
Speaker 21: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we've we're trying everything else, and it's not worth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I defer to what will make the person being victimized feel better and basically all instances, and if it's having a priest along, then I'm glad the priest is there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I am am happy that this is something that can make them feel safer because, you.
Speaker 3: Know, critical support to the Catholic Church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, very critical.
Speaker 3: Well, the critical part I think. I think the other thing is worth noting that the same conference also voted to have an official ban on any gender affirming Catholic hospitals, which is like one in seven of all people in the US get their care at Catholic hospitals because there's a million of them, so critical. Yeah, yeah, like lots of they're not Yeah, look there they are no Protestants. Okay.
Speaker 4: It does feel bad to have so much Catholic praise on the show, but you know, I will swallow my Protestant prizes.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I'm neither a Catholic nor Protestant, but I'm glad this is happening.
Speaker 3: You're British, yes, so you.
Speaker 5: Do we do Catholicism without popes.
Speaker 2: I think we should have popes without Catholicism.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See that's interesting, Robert, that's an interesting idea.
Speaker 2: That's Discordianism. Oh yeah, well, yeah, that's kind of.
Speaker 4: The least interesting version, a real kind of non Catholic like clerical class. Anyway, I'm gonna put this down in my my I FI novel Volder, you know is a.
Speaker 5: Forum of you know, just amount Adam just just just gradually reduced the volume we're going to get. We're back to Immigocehen. We did learn this week that the Department of Home ad Security secretly and illegally kept domestic data on nine hundred Chicago Land residents under Biden, just in case anyone was wondering what they were doing before people started paying attention to them. They also quote irrevocably destroyed video from inside a broad View, which is an ice tendin facility in Chicago Land. Yeah, of course I'm not shocked by that. I will say, like I would have been shocked if that had happened under a previous administration. Put it that way, like, it's not massively out of character for them to be incompetent at soaring and this kind of thing. And Ken Paxton has attempted to sue Harris County, a place in Texas, for donating not to nonprofits to provide a legal aid to migrants. He has some justification to this, which is theodocorous. But I'm just going to name a few of the NGOs here Gals and Houston Immigrant Representation Project, Kids in Needed Defense, Justice for All Immigrants, but Disis and Baker Ripley. Yeah, this does, I think show part of the strategy which we saw and we have seen since twenty eighteen. Right like you'll remember that let's of Engio volunteers and twenty eighteen were placed on a watch list, as were many journalists for crossing to cover the migrant caravan. But this idea that the NGOs are quote aiding and a vetting is a phrase you always see, right like that that somehow people would come here if it wasn't for NGOs. Often this takes on a specific form of blaming one NGO, which is highest orus Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society rate, and.
Speaker 2: We sire one guess as to why they blame that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like repeat guest of the show Anti Semitism coming back again, which resulted directly in the in the Tree of Life shooting, right like, this is of that same intellectual family of thought. I guess that is what I will say as Ludacris. People come here because their lives are not Liverpool, where they're at. That's what I got played, play the song.
Speaker 3: Rocky jazz, righty jazz, Sorry, rocky jazz.
Speaker 23: Rocky.
Speaker 3: All right, So there is actually a surprising amount of tariff news. All right, the tariff freebate checks. Are we getting terrorff freebate checks? I think probably not? So what is this? Trump started talking about this on November eighth on True Social USA. Today he truthed, she used to call it truth. I am recommending to Senate Republicans that the hundreds of billions of dollars is the hundreds of billions are capitalized for reasons that are baffling, currently being sent to money sucking insurance companies in order to save the bad healthcare provided by Obamacare be directly sent to the people so that they can purchase their own healthcare, their own much better health care. And so originally this was going to be like a two thousand dollars thing to your health savings account from tariff proceeds or something. And then the second time he stopped talking about the health savings account stuff, and he was just saying a two thousand dollars check the USA today. The piece notes that the Secretary of the Treasury, Scott Bessett, said and ABC News on November ninth, which was Sunday, that trust proposed tariff dividend could come in a lot of forms, adding it could just be the tax decreases that we are seeing on the president's agenda. No tax on tips, no tax in overtime, no taxes, social Security, deductibility of auto loans. He said, so those are subtance ancial deductions that are being financed to the tax bill. So he apparently like hadn't heard any of this is what it seems like. And then a few days later this was this was yesterday. On Wednesday the twelfth, Caroline Levitt used the ghoulish press secretary said that Trump is quote committed to the payments, So who knows. You can't call her ghoulish just because she's a twenty seven year old woman who looks like that, Yeah, that's not cool. Hey, you know what, we're not gonna're going We're not gonna do this. But she she is ghoulish, not because she looks like she's forty and she's just.
Speaker 2: Like a ghoul, but like.
Speaker 3: No, but like she also acts like a ghoul constantly, which is the actual thing that she is ghoulish for.
Speaker 4: Right, Every press secretary I've ever seen has made me so mad, Like the job of a press secretary is infuriating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, remember the sake bombs.
Speaker 3: Well, also like they've never been good. They also did used to be more normal than this, Like they didn't used to be this unhinted.
Speaker 5: Didn't bring him back. I feel like like like the first Trump had been moved a min a certain way.
Speaker 3: Too. It's just awful, terrible stuff. Didn't used to be like this. What are the few things I'll ever say that anyway? As you were saying, yeah, so so, she said that Trump is committed to the payments. I again, I don't think we're gonna see this, probably not definitely, don't plan on having x two thousand dollars. I think he's I think he's committed to the payments as much as he is his like first or second wife. Yeah, which is not much so. The second, the second incredibly important piece of tariff news is the pasta tariffs. The Department of Commerce seven percent pasta tariffs on imported Italian pasta.
Speaker 2: Garrison.
Speaker 3: The first tariff.
Speaker 2: It's still available. You can still get your mac.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 3: As as as the Guardian that most pasta in the US is made in the US, so it's not really affected by those cares. Yeah, hold hold on, let me let me allow me to finish the sentence hears in, I will address t hu. So it's it's mostly just gluten. It's mostly gluten free pasta. And also like imported fancy pasta, which is like nice little pasta, Well fancy is a bit of okay, it's like two dollars more.
Speaker 5: Okay, attack some pretension, you know, and.
Speaker 3: So this but this sucks for people who like pasta, that's good. And also for people who ARESI to gluten or who just are trying to reduce the amount of gluten they're eating for diabetic reasons, et cetera, et cetera. That all really sucks. In that same piece, Yeah, that same Guardian piece, the unbelievably named Scott ketch Him, who is the founder of like an artismal.
Speaker 2: Ketch him is the real last name. That's why the Pokemon game is.
Speaker 5: Idah Scott.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why ketchup is funny? Why catch them funny?
Speaker 2: Did you not play the Pokemon you too.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 3: Also, also, it's so close to being ketchup, and I think about, Okay, you have Italian pasta.
Speaker 4: Whatever, Okay, you put ketchup on Italian pasta?
Speaker 3: Interesting? No, but do you know who does do this? Chinese hotels. In two thousand and nine the thing I discovered when they, for some reason fed us tried to feed us American food instead of feeding us Chinese food, and dear god, awfweeds zeroto test.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing in any foreign country is when they're like, I know what you want, American food. You came to Grease to eat it, TGI Fridays, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Burger is all over Berlin.
Speaker 2: Burger's not America, bug right.
Speaker 5: And it is now. I feel like he'd be disappointed, Carson if you knew how many people in continental Europe or eating pasta and ketch up on a daily basis. Ye that brown sugar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Europeans are. Europeans are obviously sick.
Speaker 5: You've been to Belgium?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's wrong, I have Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, locking locking back in, locking back in on the post anarchist cafe was closed two pm. Those lazy word God, look a look at the conditions that I happened to with everyon dimentioned inflation. Out got the inflation. Joe Kerry Tymer's trying to finish it as a pasta. God, okay, finishing this. Scott Ketchum agrees that the manufacturers will quote take advantage of the news and slightly raise their prices. That's just business, he said, So this actually probably will increase pasta prices across the board because the US is as a justification for raising prices.
Speaker 5: Canonically, how old is ashketching? I'm trying to work out of this as a sibling, since.
Speaker 3: It's been like thirteen for no, but he's been thirteen for these entirely, Like.
Speaker 5: So we can think siblings more than parents.
Speaker 3: Fstein's dream.
Speaker 5: Yeah okay, Ash Kirchen's brother put it in the law.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, okay, okay. Two more things. Two more things that I had to get there, I spread to god. Okay. One fifty year mortgage. Trump has become obsessed with the idea of fifty year mortgages. Just an idea, so unhinged I have any Republicans talk about positively. The mortgage industry is like, don't do this. This is a bad idea. I'm not going to read the full paragraph I had here from CNN, but you know, CNN did a very basic calculation of instead of a thirty year fixed mortgage, a fifty year fixed mortgage. So the basically their calculation on like a four hundred and fifty thousand dollars house was that you would save about three hundred dollars a month technically, but over the course of the loan, instead of spending about five hundred and fifty thousand dollars in interest, you would spend a million dollars in interest.
Speaker 5: And yeah, that's that we save money, But give me half a million dollars to the bank.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, you're not even talking about the fifteen year auto loans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone who.
Speaker 2: Buys a Kiya can trust that it will keep working for fifteen years.
Speaker 5: He's gonna say he's.
Speaker 3: Worn't lasting fifty years. They're made like cardboard, right, Like they're just.
Speaker 5: Kind of more than twice the value of the house in interest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make America affordable again. Yeah, okay, unbelievable. And then finally I want to close with what is actually going on with the jobs and inflation numbers for October because I think people are getting a lot of very bad information about this, I mean, and it's not their fault.
Speaker 4: It's again because the Democrats shutdown made it impossible to get any reliable data. So now we can never have data ever again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so okay, okay, so let's let's let let's let let's go into like what is it? What is actually going on here? So on Wednesday, Caroline Levitt said that we might not ever get October the October jobs and inflation data. Oops. So however, Comma, I'm sure this numbers would have been fine. Comma.
Speaker 5: Let's spirit Halloween bump would have been huge, Comma.
Speaker 3: On Thursday, National Economic Council Director Kevin Hassett, who, by the way, is the guy who's whole thing is that he wants to he wants to impose taxes on holding US bonds, the worst maybe the only idea I've ever seen, fifty year mortgage astonishingly bad ideas. But he said on Fox News this is today as day of recording, said on Fox News that we're going to get some of the data, but the data we're supposed to get is very weird. Now, so this is the September data we're supposed to get next week because that was already recorded before the before they got mention. Right, Yeah, and there is legitimately even in a sort of not if a normal Bureau of Labor Statistics was trying to get these statistics out, it would be a little difficult for them. However, come we're only getting the jobs added numbers and not the job lost numbers.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, what a great strategy.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm sure that I'm sure that number is fine. I'm sure it's not negative seventy thousand jobs or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Right, and you know, and apparently, let's be as the survey the collected information never went out, and I mean it probably didn't because of the shutdown, but also like you could, you could work this out, they're just not doing it. We talked a few months ago about Trump's attempt to take over the Buer of Labor Statistics, which with his attempt to install the hideously incompetent Heritage Foundation economists and I use that term very loosely here, uh EJ and TONI and Trump was actually forced to like pull back on installing this guys ahead of a Buera of Labor Satistics. So it's being run by the interim head and has been for a long time now. But it seems like A there's conflicting information going out and B it does seem like Trump has been able to get a decent amount of control over the beer of libor Sitistics, which is supposed to be a nonpartisan body that just releases the data because everyone in the entire capitals economy reclied relies on it. And it is possible that this is that we have already gotten our last unbrigged like beeer of labor statistics reports. I mean, I can't confirm that they're straight up breaking it. And it's also possible that oh, well, this wasn't the product of that, and we are going to get some of the data like we are supposed to get inflation numbers by it's not good. Oops.
Speaker 4: Well to end on some good news, I guess. On Monday, this Supreme Court rejected a call to overturn or here it's a previous ruling on legalizing same sex marriage nation wide. So this is where this is where they're this is where they're drawing the line right now? Is this I think I think I did predict this a few months ago and in which people got a little bit mad at me for saying that I didn't think they were going to pick this one up another w in the Ghar column. But I think it is fairly interesting that this is this is the point in which they're like, nah, nah, it's not worth it. Like this, this is more settled to them than even the abortion thing was. I think I think some of the general like economic issues, shows that there is not a real desire for pushing on this right now, based on you know, gestures broadly at other economy stuff and some of the some of the some of the anti woke fuel maybe maybe running out as the as the economic situation becomes more and more dire dire, right Like, how much longer can the Republicans just scream about trans people as they're ruining the economy? Do you think that's going to still work for them in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 3: Maybe not.
Speaker 4: They might be scared that they've put all of their eggs in this whole anti wok culture basket, and now that they're in charge and the country's still getting worse, they're like, well, I wonder if we can replay that card again or not.
Speaker 3: As a final economy note, I want to note that soft Bank sold all of their shares in Nvidia Share. Don't worry about it, It's part of regular stalk rotation. It's fine. These are the biggest rubes who have ever existed, have come rid of all of.
Speaker 2: Shits.
Speaker 3: These are These are the we work guide.
Speaker 2: Whole on the bag for rework, Yes, which I mean? Does that mean that they're they're getting out too early of hey I or does it mean that, uh, they're hesitant their gun shy enough that they got out just in time.
Speaker 5: We'll see who can say we.
Speaker 3: Reported the new scarce. I'm stealing your line this week?
Speaker 2: Why we all stole that line from a terrible man.
Speaker 3: You haven't seen the Newsroom, It's stolen valor. Yep, great show.
Speaker 4: I would love a new season of the Newsroom where he works for some like bullshit like Internet News company. He's like he's like a substacker and he has like a home studio. Oh oh top ten list, Yeah God, I would love that.
Speaker 2: Would super big in it. But they don't ever make a direct point of it.
Speaker 23: It just becomes like subtly obvious, like oh wow, this this is a guy who's bought into some weird conspiracy theories. Sure, I I was thinking because I mentioned it came out the same year as True Detective.
Speaker 2: I would like a new season of The news Room. That's a crossover with the first season of True Detective, where we get Woody Harrelson and we get that British lady all all in the same room together. It'll be great.
Speaker 4: They would be a nasty combo. I mentionined, ho, which fucked up shit they could get up to it be awful?
Speaker 6: Awful?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, well we're not even on the air anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we're still in the air.
Speaker 2: Well I stopped re borning.
Speaker 5: We reported the news.
Speaker 2: We reported the news. Hey, we'll be back Monday with more episodes every week from now until the heat death of the Universe.
Speaker 1: It Could Happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website cool Zonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 9: App, Apple Podcasts, or wherever.
Speaker 3: You listen to podcasts.
Speaker 1: Can now find sources for It Could Happen here, listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.