Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo Yo Jess, soilarious.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Charlomagne the god Clint. Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is? Ra That means Charlamagne is running a little l.
Speaker 3: What up, Jess?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: How you doing? Envy?
Speaker 2: Good good?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Missed you yesterday, yo.
Speaker 5: I miss Sy'all'll tell you I was. Uh, I was golfing golf tournament yesterday.
Speaker 2: What is the what have you ever golfed? Never?
Speaker 6: Yo?
Speaker 5: But listen, yo, my husband be golfing. So we was golfing and we Ray Rice and his wife. They have a foundation. It's called Prosperity Pipeline of Prosperity, and they had a golfing tournament yesterday.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: We met a lot of dope people, a lot of uh former Ravens, Ravens players, a lot of Ravens. We had they flyers out there, man. So it was it was a really dope event. And it was to raise money, you know what I mean, to go to underserved families and so yeah, shout out to Ray Rice and his wife and my foundation that I have. Chris and I we started a foundations called the More Love Foundation. We do the same thing. So we teamed up a lot of investors. Came out, Man, I'm white. People played golf early early.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, absolutely, well you know the funny slut to Ray Rice. He's invited me to every Baltimore Ravens game. Yes, but I'm not a Ravens fan, so I feel like it'd be kind of odd. So I've been waiting for the Ravens to play the Giants so I can go. But salutter Ray Rice every time that he always invites me to the game.
Speaker 3: Man, he does.
Speaker 5: And he's from New York too, so that's probably why he always extends that invite to you. Because he from New York. I thought he was in Baltimore the whole time, and now he's from New York.
Speaker 2: From New York, so I told him next year, Chris, next year.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: He played and he looked real good. And listen, let me tell you all right, so look, because he was so sexy.
Speaker 3: Playing on the on the course.
Speaker 5: Right when I got home, I tried to do a little sexy little strip Tea's form right, yo, toe gave out, gave out.
Speaker 2: Oh you fell on him?
Speaker 3: I fell on the floor.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 5: That's my big song because I'm doing all that walking all day on the course and I guess I ain't stretched.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You didn't stretch.
Speaker 5: It was just a lot, yo. It's I was stripping or whatever. And I walked up, so you know what I'm saying. And then the toe gave out, hit the damn floor out?
Speaker 7: Did you wash?
Speaker 3: Did I wash?
Speaker 2: What yourself? After the yes, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: We're not going straight from the course to the bed, like sure my business?
Speaker 2: You know what you have to know that I washed?
Speaker 8: Like, come on, sure, I don't know if you just came in sexy. You had the little golfman skirt off?
Speaker 5: I did you don't like that? But no, we had to take a shot. We was out there with all that piling. I did not know Maryland was number one for piling. I was I was yesterday.
Speaker 8: This pollen is different, this problem beyond people. Yeah, you real man like y'ah. I saw I saw Elvis Duran yesterday and I gave him a pound and hugged him.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, what is that?
Speaker 9: He was?
Speaker 7: He was like, I could sniff this off my shirt. What And then you know the kids.
Speaker 8: At school, like when they come in from recess, they got to wash off, like they got to wash their faces and stuff because the poling is so heavy. Absolutely, and I'm smelling more people smell like outside now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you just straw, it's the smell is stronger now. I'm like, you've been outside all day, you can smell that so strong?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, the other nine toes though, black, Why couldn't you just say.
Speaker 5: No the big toe. The big toe controls all the other toes, so listen.
Speaker 2: When the big one.
Speaker 3: Gave out on the right foot, I was like, ah, that's it.
Speaker 5: I wasn't even feeling no him. I'm sorry. We're gonna try get them all because all.
Speaker 1: Day, oh wow, and sloops everybody in Atlanta. I'm in Atlanta yesterday and today. Of course we did nothing but the book tour schedule, so we did interviews and radio and I just want to say thank you everybody for all of love. I was supposed to go to Kendrick Show last night, but I was tired after everything. Me and my wife looked at each other and was like nah g yeah, big toes gave out. So we said that all right, let's get the show cracked. And Bill Bellamy will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 8: Yes, Bill Bellamy is on his top billing comedy tour, so he'll be here to talk about that this morning, and Doctor Lakeisha and everything else that's going on in pop culture. Bill will be talking about Yes he did, when he did, when you walked out?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Bill Bellie, he's the homie. And also doctor Lakeisha Hammond.
Speaker 2: I hauled Doctor Lakeisha Hallman.
Speaker 8: She has a new book out called Know One Itself, made a motivational self help guide with a community oriented approach.
Speaker 7: So we'll be talking to her.
Speaker 8: And she's on the State of the People told with my good sister Angela Rai.
Speaker 1: So they got a lot going on. We'll discuss all right now when we come back. We got some front page news. Ma all gonna be joining us. They don't go Anywhere's the breakfast Slok the Morning Morning. Everybody's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne, the gud.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front.
Speaker 1: Page news all right now, some quick sports last night, the Knicks lost to the Pistons one three to one O six. The Knicks do lead to Series three two. The Nuggets beat the Clippers one thirty one, one fifteen. Denver leads that Series three two, The Magic up out of here Celtics beat them one twenty eighty nine, and the Bucks up out of here paces beat them one nineteen one eighteen.
Speaker 2: All right, what up, Morgan?
Speaker 7: You shout out the Pistons. I mean, did you catch did you shut the Pistons out beating the Knicks?
Speaker 2: I did, say, Detroit beat making sure I heard it. You heard me say.
Speaker 7: You heard me say, Well you kind of spent by that once, Detroit, you know?
Speaker 2: I mean? What up? Though? Now history fan.
Speaker 7: Dad, I'm just giving them respect.
Speaker 1: Y'all can still win the series. I shouted them out already. Good morning, Morgan Uggan.
Speaker 3: Yes, somebody got to do it. Front page News.
Speaker 10: Let's get into it, okay.
Speaker 9: So President Trump marked his first one hundred days in office yesterday with a rally at Macomb Community College in Warren, Michigan, which is just north of Detroit.
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 9: The President claimed his first one hundred days are the most successful among any administration ever adding that he's just getting started.
Speaker 10: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 12: This is the best they say one hundred days start of any president in history.
Speaker 2: And everyone is saying it. We're just we've just gotten started. You haven't even seen anything yet. It's all just kicking in one hundred days, we have.
Speaker 12: Delivered the most profound change in Washington and nearly one hundred years. I read a editorial today that this is the most consequential presidency in history.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 8: I don't know who to day is, Like, who's the day that's saying that, because there's conservatives that aren't saying that. There is the economists that aren't saying that. There's a lot of people that are saying the polls, the poles aren't saying that.
Speaker 3: Who's day it's giving saying saying that?
Speaker 2: Oioding that.
Speaker 9: Speaking of which he also spoke about lowering of inflation and ending what he called transgender insanity, Trump criticized new efforts by some Democrats to impeach him, saying judges ruling against his administration are obstructing the enforcement of US law.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 9: Trump went on to say that the Democratic Party has gone quote totally crazy and have lost their confidence while drawing chance from the Michigan crowd supporting a third term.
Speaker 10: Now Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 9: He had a different take on Trump's first one hundred days, saying that it's been one hundred days of hell in fact. Meanwhile, switching gears, former First Lady Michelle Obama says fears for immigrants under Trump's administration keeps her up at night. She made the comments on the On Purpose podcast with Jay Shatty, where she said his foreign policies frighten her. She worries for the people of color all over this country. Let's hear more from Michelle Obama and now that we.
Speaker 13: Have leadership that is sort of indiscriminately determining who belongs and who doesn't, and we know that those decisions aren't being made with courts and with due process, and I don't know that we will have the advocates to protect everybody.
Speaker 3: And that makes me.
Speaker 10: That frightens me.
Speaker 14: It keeps me up at night.
Speaker 9: Sure, tank She says, she drives around la looking at the faces of folks who could be a victim and wonders how they feel first one hundred days, which off, how y'all feel well?
Speaker 7: First of all, Michelle driving away, she need to stop that. Okay, getting driven driving around?
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 8: But I will say this, it's funny that he's still leaning on the trains thing because the trand thing don't matter no more.
Speaker 7: That won you the election, but now you have to govern and you have to keep promises.
Speaker 8: And you know when people really don't like identifying ass broke, say, you folks need that paper. You told them that you're gonna make the economy better and you have done the exact opposite in one hundred days.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, we'll get into that more at seven am, as House Republicans are working on his quote big beautiful bill, So keep y'a front page news.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see you next hour. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines of wide open, something going on in your life, you just need to say, spend some send some positivity, whatever it may be. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Ray right, ray yo, Charlae man yafy, what up.
Speaker 10: Are we lying?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 16: I got an indoor pool door pool.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 15: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: We lie. Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 4: This chemo?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 9: Brother?
Speaker 4: Hey, what's up y'all?
Speaker 2: What's up? Breakfast?
Speaker 11: Look?
Speaker 4: I want to y'all every morning right at any time. Charlemagne and God show up late. You be doing this crazy impression for him, Man, I need the guy to be there early because I'm tired of you just be impressing a wrong.
Speaker 7: Man what he be doing.
Speaker 4: And he was like, oh, like the last yall times the craziest.
Speaker 2: Because I don't guess what day is. I don't do his laugh.
Speaker 4: You know, Charlamagne, you need to be there on time, man, because that's what started my morning off, right, man, when you be doing all things with the morning I was actually.
Speaker 7: I was here, I just didn't. I wasn't in the studio yet.
Speaker 2: That's a good shut up that I.
Speaker 4: Needed to be in a studio or that. And then when you show up in the studio, the first thing to do is jump on jets.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 2: He didn't leave just alone.
Speaker 5: I heard her talking and she was talking about golfings and that's where I went live that time, because it's.
Speaker 4: The thing you act like there was ever seen a black golf before. Man, we got b J cing, We got tyger Woods.
Speaker 2: To be out there all.
Speaker 7: First of all, Tiger Woods don't even claim us, so what you claim?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Second, talking about late man, you got to do a work on clime, Man, get started writing.
Speaker 7: Okay here right, what you mean period, I'm just saying, come to work.
Speaker 2: Up here. You were golfing yesterday.
Speaker 7: Okay, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 3: This TJ?
Speaker 16: What something?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 16: Just want to get this off my chess real quick. What's up?
Speaker 8: Dj V, Good morning, Charlomagne, good morning, just PJ in the morning, Good morning.
Speaker 16: Just wanted to say this real quick. So so just you went to this golf tournament with for Ray right, yes, all right, so real quick. Ray Rice is from New York. But you gotta put some respect on New Rochelle, New York.
Speaker 2: We are front.
Speaker 16: He's from Newschelle, New York. One ahead or one banks from there over from there, you ain't really got to.
Speaker 2: Do, she said, New York man in New York. Man, he's in from New York.
Speaker 3: My man, my man.
Speaker 2: Road man to road, New York.
Speaker 7: Don't even put respect on New Road.
Speaker 9: We do.
Speaker 2: I don't never hear up there like the New west Chester area up there. It's this little little.
Speaker 7: Never heard y'all shout out nothing up there with Yonkers.
Speaker 2: Right, you know what a right?
Speaker 3: But but I'm sorry about that, sir. You're right, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: What up?
Speaker 11: This?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 16: From Detroit?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 7: Range with you to Detroit? Everybody who listens to just on w j L being Detroit.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Ray hit me with the Detroit Pistons. Go have it. That's why I know you called him.
Speaker 16: Yeah, come on now, DJA. And it sounds like you got some hate some hand the city up there? You this morning?
Speaker 2: Ark, n we we three? Two? We're still good Detroit? Detroit?
Speaker 16: Put so far you shouting out papers and all of that. Shout out Detroit.
Speaker 2: I did shout out Detroit. I said what I'm doing, i'ma be honest.
Speaker 16: You hate your dog?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 16: Look christ seven a seven hey, and then look I need to think it real quick.
Speaker 4: Happy anniversary to my no man pard Man six years. She'd been holding.
Speaker 16: Everybody. You trade what up though? Right?
Speaker 1: Move to the job of good money, man, you tell get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're man, we'll black.
Speaker 2: I hate the way that you walk, the way that you talk. I hate the way you everything. When he is mess call up next. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one.
Speaker 3: Not's just me.
Speaker 2: I'm with the coach of Philly.
Speaker 15: Hello, who's this flad from Orlando?
Speaker 2: Orlando? I was in Orlando all weekend. What's happening?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 15: Man, Look, man, I gotta saying. I just gotta get off my chest.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 15: It's Trump administration. It's it's really horrendous. Man. They don't get they don't get to get to get a hold on this thing. Man, he's gonna drive his whole country into the World War three. It's it's self evidence. It's just you know, we gotta grab her higher power and we gotta put our heads together, remo discuss that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't know about World War three, but I do know that we all headed to a recession this summer. That's a fact, because of the tariffs. You know, they they got this whole tariff. The recession timeline. I was reading about yesterday and they were talking about how the container ship departures from China started slowing after the tariffs was announced. By early to mid May, the container ships the US ports gonna come to a stop completely. By mid to late made the trucking demand comes to a halt, So Chris will be home with Jess all the time. And then that's gonna lead the empty shelves and lower sales for companies. Then they're gonna have layoffs in the trucking and retail industries. And by somemer it's gonna be a recession.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's gonna be a It's gonna be crazy, man, it's gonna be crazy. It's gonna be real crazy. And I'm gonna tell you something. We got blessing, so we got a new post coming in. And so I have a so I had a vision long ago that the last post name is gonna be Peter.
Speaker 2: So be careful.
Speaker 15: This guy's name Peter. The next pope coming in.
Speaker 2: Up come.
Speaker 8: I'm be honest with you, I don't know what that means me and either I don't know anything about the pope. You know, God bless everybody out there who supports the pope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went to Catholic school, but I really don't know much about the Pope. My mama baptists.
Speaker 2: All Right, Hello, who's this movie? You get it off your chest?
Speaker 16: I should have said anonymous, but it's too late.
Speaker 2: Now, definitely, what's up? You notice the radio? Can't nobody?
Speaker 7: You can call it me and be like, my name is Sally.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 16: But what I'm about to say, everybody gonna know.
Speaker 2: Is just saying, go for it.
Speaker 4: I do it all the time, Andy and sarth May.
Speaker 16: I know you probably don't remember, but about a year ago I got throwing the.
Speaker 15: Radio and I was fussing on the phone with my with.
Speaker 4: My boots, and y'all was like, put him on the phone, and I was like, nah, he's on the other phone.
Speaker 15: So I couldn't do it.
Speaker 16: But I need him to leave me alone.
Speaker 2: Now, Damn, damn, before you wanted him. Now it's over. You said what I said before you wanted him. Now it's a rap.
Speaker 18: It's a rap, like leave it alone more.
Speaker 2: Dudes, a trash, he said, Baltimore.
Speaker 11: Dudes.
Speaker 2: She did she did for real? Yeah, for for real.
Speaker 7: You don't agree with her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with her. Damn.
Speaker 4: So I need Joseph sure to leave me alone for text call, don't ask me on social media, don't leave me alone.
Speaker 16: Let it go, it's over.
Speaker 8: I would hope that y'all had this conversation before you called the damn began. I said I would hope that y'a would have this conversation before he called the radio.
Speaker 16: Oh well, I told him.
Speaker 4: I had to tell him yesterday.
Speaker 16: I was like, leave me alone, dude, just not Yeah, he does.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, you can't be having unprotected sex with a person. And you know, thank you.
Speaker 16: Let's not try to tell him he don't get it.
Speaker 19: You ex soon to do that, man, No, No, he's the one that's talking multiplele.
Speaker 2: Oh got you? So he gave you a confection something. Oh well, we don't want to go there.
Speaker 3: But I did it all right, you know what I'm.
Speaker 16: Saying, Like yeah, like, and I live in another state.
Speaker 20: Like if you want to go out and Nash, he can smack somebody with a condom, but I'll never know.
Speaker 3: So we caught you just passing through. That's how he got you.
Speaker 2: What you get what did you wind up getting?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, ain't gonna go there.
Speaker 2: Little chlamydia.
Speaker 3: Hey yeah, a lot.
Speaker 2: That ain't funny. I'm sorry, mama.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry for you too.
Speaker 1: I gotta laugh about it.
Speaker 2: Thought one time, little little common case of chlamydia. Is it curable? Of course, I'm not talking about chlamydia. I'm talking about what she got is cured. I don't know what the RaSE. I don't know this like, I don't know what.
Speaker 4: It's definitely, you know, throwing yourself off. That's that's normally what it is, just throwing.
Speaker 16: Off the heat.
Speaker 2: I get it, girl.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Well, I'm sorry, mama. We wish you the best, and I hope that he does leave you alone. I hope he falls all the way back. You just put him on blast, you put his whole name out there. Hopefully he leaves you alone.
Speaker 5: And hopefully the girls that he listened, that that's listening, he leave him alone too, because they got the razzle dazzle too.
Speaker 1: Then damn jesus, all right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one.
Speaker 2: If you need event, you can hit us up. Now. We got the latest with Lauren coming up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 20: Sorry reached out to me to Hilton's attorney because I wanted to know what is going on with me, said Mary J.
Speaker 3: Blige.
Speaker 14: And we have an exclusive interview. We're going to get into it, all right.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's d J, N V, Jess, Hilarius, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 3: Lauren becoming great fast.
Speaker 2: She gets them somebody that knows somebody, she gets the detail.
Speaker 14: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything, and.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest on you. That's the things the latest with Laurence la Rosa. Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you have a little bit of everything on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Alrighty.
Speaker 20: Also yesterday and here we talked about the fact that stylist and mother of Diddy's son, Justin Colmes Mesa Hilton Sue issuing Mary J. Blige for five million dollars over Marble over wrapper Batto, which is insane because as a lot of us know, and for those who don't, they've been friends for decades. But this is called best friends, it's called everybody by surprise. So I reached out on all sides, and I got a call back from Lisa Hilton's attorney yesterday when we were recording the podcast, and he agreed to do a live conversation for the podcast or recorded interview.
Speaker 7: Actually, and I want to know, mar to you leave her to hell alone.
Speaker 14: I didn't reach out to her directly.
Speaker 20: I reached out to her team, and surprise, the person I talked to hadn't even like they had been in the shuffle things, didn't even know what was happening.
Speaker 14: So I just sitting them some information. I haven't heard back from them.
Speaker 2: Mary seem didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 14: The person I spoke to didn't know at all.
Speaker 20: I actually sent over, you know, some background information, some articles for them so that if they wanted to, they could make a statement that's.
Speaker 3: Crazy or they was just thinking at the heart of a woman's summit, I was just last year, like.
Speaker 14: So, Misa Hillton's attorney, we get into that. I'm gonna We're going we get into that.
Speaker 20: So let's talk about first he spoke to me on the relationship and why all of this is happening.
Speaker 7: Lisa Hilton and Mary J.
Speaker 15: Blige. They're not just friends.
Speaker 6: Their non biological family probably closer than blood family. And it's very unfortunate that this had to go down like this because Misa tried every possible revenue in terms of trying to amicably resolve this with Mary directly with Mary's camp.
Speaker 2: But unfortunately, and.
Speaker 6: It's unbeknownst to us why Mary J Blige and why her.
Speaker 7: Camp completely cut off.
Speaker 6: You know, Miss Hilton, and I can tell you this vital lawsuit.
Speaker 7: Isn't why their friendship died. He's just confused and we've.
Speaker 6: Tried, Nissa's tried to reach out to Mary.
Speaker 2: We did not want this in the media. Mesa just thought that Mary may have been busy.
Speaker 6: Or when Meissa stopped getting phone calls and text messages and not being included on the normal things that they do in the daily, weekly, monthly beatsis her and Tennis went up and we tried to figure out, well, what's going on here, and that's really when we started to figure out that the relationship wasn't the same.
Speaker 20: Yeah, So from what he is explained to us, Lisa Hilton was allegedly like blindsided by the fallow for the relationship, which is also very odd because they've been friends for decades.
Speaker 3: You said, she so Misa was blindsided? She yeah, so what by the.
Speaker 14: Way that the friendship fell off?
Speaker 20: Like according to Mysa's attorney, she's a legend that at some point her and Mary just like stopped speaking, like she was reaching out. Mary wasn't responding to phone calls, wasn't a certain well you.
Speaker 2: Got to get your attention somehow. I told you to call me back.
Speaker 14: In the midst of that. What actually started happening was is small things with Battle.
Speaker 20: So he was being invited to, you know, like little private gatherings or conversations that were being had with him about like, yo, you if you leave her as management Allegedly, if you leave her as management and come over here, we can get you more money.
Speaker 14: But until you do that, we're not going to do certain things for you, allegedly.
Speaker 20: And also he has this new album out or this new album he's trying to release that they're alleging Mary will not let release because he won't leave Mesa as management.
Speaker 8: Question, when Misa is suing Mary for this money, is she suing for what she thought the vital album would make or is that what they spend on the project the five million dollars.
Speaker 14: It's accumulation of things.
Speaker 20: So it's what he would have made from appearances, being because he actually like does shows and stuff and opens up. I'm assuming from Mary, according to this attorney, what the music would have made, just anything, bookings, all of that. She also legends in this lawsuit that there are certain bookings and things that he gets because he's married j Blige's artists, that I had.
Speaker 7: No idea he was Mary j Blige's artist. Well, I had no idea anybody when you're.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when I heard the music, I assume because you started hearing Vado and a bunch of Mary joints and Mary and a bunch of Vido joints. So I assumed they were working closely somehow, some way.
Speaker 20: Well, let's take a listen to more information on her trying to reach out before and the fact that he was signed to Mary before it got to this point where you're saying that this is happening. How much correspondence and what did you guys want out of that correspondence.
Speaker 6: The first thing that we always do with situations like this is we'll send over a letter what we call an LOI, a letter of intent. Before we did that, though, what we did was we reached out personally.
Speaker 2: I reached out to her legal team.
Speaker 7: We know who they are, and we tried what via email.
Speaker 6: The insects, message, whatever phone numbers we can get from other people in our orbit, in the industry, and we got absolutely zero response. And the way that we wanted to do this was yes, in terms of a settlement.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's be honest here, Vado.
Speaker 6: I understand that maybe in twenty twenty five, on whatever day today is, April twenty nine, twenty twenty five, that maybe he's not as relevant as.
Speaker 2: He was prior.
Speaker 7: But God damn, somebody telling.
Speaker 2: Label she signed to Mary J. Blunch see.
Speaker 8: And I'm glad the Lloyd say that, because I'm just asking questions strictly from a business perspective.
Speaker 7: Did Bottle ever make Cam five million dollars? I don't know? Did Bottle ever make Calm five million dollars?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 7: So I'm just like, where did they get this five million dollars?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: Sometimes when they asked, what would me say? And Mary?
Speaker 8: Why would me say? And Mary think that a bottle alb would make them five million dollars. I'm just asking, respectfully from a business perspective.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes when they ask, they over asked because usually it's a negotiation. Uh so maybe that's the that's what the over ask is, but for somebody.
Speaker 20: And they also include attorney fees and like all the fees of like just having to bring this suit and like all of that. But also to remember, I told you yesterday they were talking now in the lawsuit, missus also talking about the emotional distress and just different things that she's had to endure. And I'm assuming, you know, as a business persus, she's taking a hit because you promising this artist to be there and do certain things, so she's anticipating this is this This is silly.
Speaker 7: I mean for them to be so such close friends, I gues should never have gotten to this point.
Speaker 14: Yeah, okay, And I asked, how was Mesa doing now?
Speaker 7: Because of that?
Speaker 14: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's upset. There's a lot going on.
Speaker 6: I mean, listen, at the end of the day, you know Sean Combs and what's going on with him. It's unfortunate, but it affects everybody. You know, Messa is a wonderful woman. You know, Sean's kids are wonderful, wonderful kids. I can't say more about them. They they really were raised as gentlemen, and I deal with them on a on a consistent basis. But she's upset, and again, she's more upset of the relationship. It's like it's like, all of a sudden, you have a sister that you're being with forever, and forty years later, all of a sudden, your sister stops talking to you and you have no reason why.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you don't escalate that with a lass.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't be mad at somebody if not want them to be a friend. Like, you can't assume me for that. But now the business part, you can. I'm about to say that should even be a conversation my point of talking point.
Speaker 20: So I was gonna ask y'all, like when doing business with friends, like a friend like this, if it got to a point where that she's not responding, she's being told, you know, Messa is being told, you know, the album's not gonna come out. Allegedly, she got business lined up for vide on no matter how big or small, and it's messing with her business because she has an entertainment company.
Speaker 14: Do you see her? You just let it go because that's your friend of thirty plus.
Speaker 8: There are no permanent friends or enemies when it comes to business. But I mean it's respectfully. I'm like, we're really gonna fall out of a bottle album?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow, like a Battle album.
Speaker 8: You'll know how the album sound though I don't, but I know. I'm just saying, I don't think it's gonna make you five million dollars. That ain't no reason for y'all to fall out. This is clearly over something else.
Speaker 2: The bottle of.
Speaker 3: You even said, like the friend part of it, she stopped talking to her.
Speaker 14: And all that, and yeah, because they was just they did super Bowl together.
Speaker 3: You a woman event. They both were there. They were a panel together and they was like together in VIP. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: This is clearly over something because Battle can Wrap Bottles made some some some good records. But has he made some money, had he made a company some money?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know if he's made Camp five million dollars. I don't know if he's made CALLI five million dollars so I don't know how they get to this five million dollar projection, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And not only that, how many units do you have to sell to make five million? And as an artist right now, sellos my amount of units.
Speaker 8: And that's although this ain't nothing to be falling out over. Y'all been friends for forty plus years.
Speaker 1: But all I do know is if Charlemagne is not my friend anymore, I'm suing you audio, You're not my friend.
Speaker 2: You all came I watch y'all have been more of their friends.
Speaker 1: If I'm sending the l o he said an l o I first, I wanna send that first, and then I'm gonna show you.
Speaker 2: The l o I. That's what he said. Said I.
Speaker 7: Trying to do a letter of intent.
Speaker 14: For suing No, like it's kind of like sending like a l o I.
Speaker 2: But I never heard of a l o I before you see somebody. That's what he said. We said a letter of attent first, and then they've never released it.
Speaker 7: But none of my interviews, no, because I'm still hung up that they fighting the world bottle shut up.
Speaker 20: I was right, that is the latest with Lauren, and then we broke this down on the podcast The Latest with Laurna Rosa everywhere you listen to your podcast if the full interview is there, and I am going to get to the bottom of this because hopefully this will spark some more conversation of what actually is going down.
Speaker 3: Yes, get to the bottom of it, Lauren, Yes, call me.
Speaker 2: I got some news for you.
Speaker 14: Thank you. Hopefully someone I called it didn't answer.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, okay, all right, Well when we come back, we got front page news. It don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the breakfast Club. It's morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's dj NV just hilarious Charlamage the guy we are the breakfast Club. Let's get back in some front page news now. NBA Playoffs last night Pistons beat the Knicks one O six, one o three. Knicks lead the series three to two. Nuggets beat the Clippers one thirty one, one fifteen. Then release that series three too. Celtics got the magic about of there and the Pacers got the Bucks.
Speaker 2: Up out of there. Last night? What up Morgan?
Speaker 10: He dj MV Charlamage. That's hilarious And Lauren, how y'all.
Speaker 3: Feeling we good? Hey? Are we good.
Speaker 10: All right, let's get back into it.
Speaker 9: So House Republicans are working to craft what President Trump calls the Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 10: House Speaker Mike Johnson he.
Speaker 9: Spoke, He spoke more about the projected deadline and pushed back against Democrats claiming the bill cuts important social services. Let's take a listen to those comments from House Speaker Mike Johnson.
Speaker 21: We're going to get it done by Memorial Day. Send it over there. They take a couple few weeks to work through that. We merged this together, we get it to the President's desk quickly for signature, and you will see the results. We are going to preserve the programs. We're not gutting Medicaid. We're going to reduce fraud, waste, and abuse, which every single American should be applauding.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So the budget reconciliation measure that would implement much of his spending agenda. The bill would extend twenty seventeen tax cuts and keep Trump's promise to expand them the tax plan. Also, the House Republicans are also pushing that tax plan with a five trillion in breaks, two trillion and cuts and five trillion and a five trillion dollar debt sealing hike. So I'll keep you guys posted on what happens as a result of that bill. We'll see what happens with that spending bill. In other news on Capitol Hill, I actually actually really love this story. The only black, all female unit that served in Europe World War Two has been awarded with a Congressional Gold Medal. Descendants from the family of the six Triple eight Central Postal Directory Battalion were given the highest civilian honor Congress can bestow for their work processing some seventeen million pieces of male in three months during the war. Now, House Speaker Mike Johnson and House Minority Leader Hakim Jefferies came together to deliver remarks yesterday.
Speaker 10: Let's take a listen to those comments.
Speaker 21: They didn't have all the high tech gadgets that we have today. They had to do it manually, processing roughly sixty five thousand pieces of male per shift. They cleared the entire backlog and no less than three months.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 22: These fiercely passionate, patriotic, and persistent members of the Women's Army Corps deployed knowing that they would confront the dual challenges of rape and sexism at the hands of their own military.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so they had six months to do the job, and they completed the job in three. The story of the six Triple Eight was recently retold in a Tyler Perry Netflix film starring Kerry Washington as Lieutenant Colonel Charity Adams, who's served as the highest ranking black woman officer at that time.
Speaker 8: And salute the legendary Nicole Avon, you know, for amplifying that story with that series that you just mentioned, Morgan, the Six Triple Eight on Netflix, because I'm sure.
Speaker 7: They would have been honored without that series.
Speaker 8: But I also noted that series, you know, helped, you know, amplify, amplify that story of those of those people.
Speaker 10: So saluted them, absolutely long overdue. Can we get a clues, bam?
Speaker 2: Absolutely all right? All right?
Speaker 9: And to wrap things up, speaking of women, send a woman to do it. Former Vice President Kamala Harris. She will be giving her first major speech today since losing her White House Bitch. She'll be speaking at Emerge in organization that works to put democratic women in office.
Speaker 10: In San Francisco on Wednesday. This is happening today.
Speaker 9: A person familiar with the event says Harris will take aim at President Trump's economic policies and his influence on American institutions. Harris is expected to decide on whether she will run for California governor by.
Speaker 3: The end of this summer.
Speaker 9: So what do you guys think Harris back in the fold, in the mix, or you know, take take a little bit of an extended break.
Speaker 2: I think she's back in the mix.
Speaker 8: You know, I honestly would like to see her take more of an extended break. Honestly, I think she deserves it. But I mean, she could do whatever she wants to do. But you know, I think after after the exhausting one hundred and seven days, you know what, I would really like to see her do, sit back and get some money. Honestly, absolutely put out a book, you know, I don't know, maybe maybe start some type of podcast here.
Speaker 7: Like I really like to see her sit back trying to I know.
Speaker 10: That's why I plug that black effect Charlomagne.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, I haven't.
Speaker 8: I haven't done anything with her, but I would. I would love to see her sit back and get some money.
Speaker 2: I really do. I really do.
Speaker 9: Mean I'm with you, all right, So I'm go go ahead, and wrap things up there. So that's your front page news. Follow me on social at Morgan Media, and for more news coverage, follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at.
Speaker 10: Bi nnews dot com. Thank y'all make an amazing Wednesday.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you Morgan.
Speaker 10: Thanks girl.
Speaker 1: Now when we come back, Bill Bellamy will be joining us. We're gonna kick it with Bill Bellamy when we come back, so don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jesse Lyrius Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Lonla Roast is here with us as well, and we got a special guest in the building, Bill Bellamy. Bill Bellamy is in the building. I love it. I love it. I love the Broadcast Club with him. Bill, you are aging amazing. Thank you, mag You know I'm only seventy three and ain't nothing but coconut water. Lauren. You know you get coconut water, get cup of strawberry blue bears, a little bit of shape. Buddy, you look jit like me, but you playing. You just turned sixty a couple of weeks ago. That is an amazing sixty, my brother, thank you, man. And I don't know what sixty is supposed to look like because I'm comparing it to what.
Speaker 7: We grew up on.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, we didn't knew. We didn't we didn knew because you know, back in the day, if you told somebody who was sixty years old, they'd be like, man, I just got me some pancakes from my hob, you know, for free.
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: You know, we move and groover, we work out. You're taking care of yourself, you know what I'm saying. We know what we're eating. You know what I mean. You watch your diet, and you know, if you're blessed to have good health, you look good.
Speaker 8: Do you take advantage of that kind of stuff though? Like the free pancakes from my hop and all of the man I haven't really.
Speaker 2: Leaned into the thing, but I really think I need to get like some of them little benefits and stuff. Yeah I don't have one. You think I should pull up?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I feel like that's the right of past on it.
Speaker 2: But I just don't want to be unk everywhere, Like you know what I'm saying, I'm getting unked now, I'm getting o g O G is kind of cool. Un like on the basketball court, be making me feel like I can't play no more.
Speaker 14: You want the ball, I'm like, yeah, might not help you up off the ground calling you, but.
Speaker 2: It's a tricky thing. Oh G is cool just in certaincases. And I'll be honest with you. I was in a club where was I recently? And I felt like, like, you need to go home? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know this music because because some of the music I just don't know. I feel like I just missed it, like uh like I love glow Rilla, but she got this joint that's so fire. But all the girls know the words and I ain't know nothing. That's when I felt like, I gotta go home.
Speaker 12: What is it?
Speaker 2: How does it go? Tell me? She got so much since it was?
Speaker 3: Is it sexy? Rad too?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay with it?
Speaker 14: Independent?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 2: Every girl in there from twenty five to thirty five was going crazy and I met the bar like, man, I gotta go home. Man, y'all ain't playing no Naughty by Nature. Y'all y'all don't know track.
Speaker 8: Well, that's funny when you say, because like when you get to it certain age when didn't think about everybody who didn't make it from our culture.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 7: Did that make you appreciate it more?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: Honestly, yes, yes, that's a very very good thing you said, because you know what, to have a long career is a blessing, you don't know. And then we lost so many people that came up with us. Charlemagne, you remember my boy Forever, Like we came up like at around the same time, Like we went to the same school kind of thing, you know what I mean, we seen you know, from the Little Kim days to let's say Boys and Men that ninety early nineties. I remember when Buster Rheims and first got on with leaders of the New School. I remember like the Deaf Jam offices, like the Source magazine, like all that energy of the nineties. I remember when Q Tip went solo, you know what I'm saying, and like ladies man rap like like there's so many moments of hip hop that we experienced, and to think now, I'm like, man, that's such a great time for us to be able to experience it. I mean, I remember interviewing Michael Jackson, like how many people did it? Let's think about that. How many people interview like they not even like if you would have told me twenty years ago Michael Jackson would not be alive, Like that doesn't make sense. Like I always thought like them dudes would live forever, like Prince like he was so damn cool, Michael was so damn cool. Whitney Jersey girl, Like I have all these wonderful memories of these people, uh left eye, you know, damn Like we did all this stuff with MTV when people were just coming up, people getting on, people getting accepted. They starting to go platinum. See you young, you don't even know. I know platinum. Okay, I got to make sure. I gotta make sure. But like like I remember when Usher went diamond. I remember when the Fuji's went diamond. Like diamond was like way out there, Like you told somebody you went diamond. They're like what, And that was real albums I'm talking about.
Speaker 20: I think it's just different for y'all because people had to go and get the you know what I mean. Right now, we're streaming, so it's like, okay, cool, that's people listening. Different when all these people going to the store.
Speaker 2: Nobody is going went to the record store like me and Charlamagne, Me and Charlamagne Knew. Remember Tow Records here in New York. We remember when it was the album released. People was lined up to get your album. Remember I remember taking the plask Remember when you remember when you couldn't get the plastic You needed a raisin. You had to take a key, get the damn album out, and then you read then you Did you ever get a thank you? Did you ever? Like? I wasn't around.
Speaker 7: I'm forty six, so I started getting thank you later.
Speaker 2: On, but that was like early two thousands, Like when you would get the album and you'd be like, YO, want to shout out Charlamade for your support on my album or whatever, And then I would read all the producers and stuff like that. Those days of open you don't even get artwork.
Speaker 14: Thank you for get artwork? No, you don't get you don't.
Speaker 2: Get you just get christ song.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's like a special.
Speaker 20: Thing and they released like artwork and images and normally it's like merch and like something swaggy.
Speaker 2: So you got to buy a T shirt to get artwork?
Speaker 20: Now, yeah, people do you're talking about t shirt about the album. I know what he's talking about, but I'm not that old. I mean that young, like I had the definite child writings on the wall two side album I had, Michael Jackson, did you.
Speaker 2: Ever go to a drive in theater?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 14: I did, But it was like a cool vintage experience.
Speaker 7: That like we blogged like it was not have Michael Jackson thriller?
Speaker 2: Why would you tell that long year? Was you born?
Speaker 14: Nineteen ninety one? My mom added him.
Speaker 20: I remember going and buying that album and and like you had, they opened up like this, like and it had all the writings on see that.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, girl, you write a paste. Oh my gosh, you're young old now.
Speaker 8: You heard about a lot of this in the top building. But just talk to the people. What was then interviewing Michael?
Speaker 7: Like somebody literally asked me that this weekend you haven't though you have a interview Michael.
Speaker 2: I'm like, nah, Michael. Interview of Michael Jackson was like talking to a prince, a king of some sort of some royalty. Because the way he moved, you know what I'm saying, Like he was to me the epitome of being a rock star, superstar. He had like if he was in here right now, be thirty people here that you don't know what they do but they look like they killed people three four publicists, you got the record label people, you got his personal people, and and then everything is just like oh my god, like you don't want to make a mistake. And he comes in everything set up, the lighting. You just like like I'd be sitting there like this, well, we're gonna do this, and is people be like, no, Michael's gonna do three five and nine, Thank you. That's how they used to be. I'm like, he had his own lighting person, Like you ever heard of a person having a cinematographer for a interview.
Speaker 7: Ryan Carrey came in the studio and had them had her team sent up lights and I was like, and I said, Maria, they only gonna be able to see you, and she was like that's the point.
Speaker 2: That's the whole yo.
Speaker 14: How did the lighting people get there before Michael got there two hours?
Speaker 2: That same thing that he said is true because I interviewed Mariah Carey in Hawaii and Jermaine was there too, and I was like, JD Whi's He was like, yo, man, Mariah be down about three hours. We waiting on her Man to get here. DP. I didn't know what that was at the time, so I was like, DPA, say that's Daniel Pearl. He'll be here. He like all of Mariah's stuff. Right, this dude comes, he got like ten people. They're like they doing a little thing. Turn that down to thirty percent, put that up to ten five. It looks like Heaven everybody having bring Mariah out because his lighting was Heaven, swear to god. I was sitting out there black. I got so black. I was sitting out there wait, just like man, she'll be here in another hour. They didn't even give me no water. This back in the day MTV stuff. All right, we got more with Bill Bellamy when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's dj NV, justse.
Speaker 1: Larry Is, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Bill Bellamy, Charlomagne.
Speaker 8: Now you haven't done it special since twenty twenty two, right, so it's top villain working toward that.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I think right now I have an hour of that is crazy funny, Like nobody's talking about what I'm talking about right now. It's very relevant. I mean, it's so much stuff going on right now, from Diddy to Shannon Shop to Shu Door, Like there's so many elements in the culture that everybody's thinking about, like, oh my god, and I want to capture this moment because it is right now. So I'm really trying to tape soon so that everything that I'm talking about will be indicative of this moment in the culture.
Speaker 20: I was gonna say, how are you because I know you got the podcast, but like you obviously you're so aware of everything because of your background and like interviews and stuff. How do you bring the podcast to the stage, Like are you shooting the podcast?
Speaker 2: I usually shoot the podcast in the studio. I'm going to try to do the podcast live too, because I think it would be kind of nice to be able to have the energy of the people there too, and then they could, you know, ask people questions doing my interviews, and then we could have like some interaction and shoot it that way. I think I could bring bring some different energy in season two.
Speaker 3: I just think it's.
Speaker 20: Interesting because there's a lot of people who try to intertwine all of that, but like they're not really as up to date in like current as you are, Like you just write it off. I'm just sitting here listening, you just write it off so much and I'm like, oh, he's on the headline.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, I have your background.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Well, you have to be a student of the game as well. Like for me, I have to read all the time. So like at night when the house is quiet, I'm reading every publication, I'm listening to music. I have to stay in the culture because it's like there's stuff that it's a language. The culture is a language, right, and so if you get outside the language and then you kind of come back, you're gonna sound dated. You're gonna sound like they don't even talk like that no more, or whatever, you know what I mean. So for me, it's very important for me to stay very very relevant and conscious of what's popping you know. I watch you, I watch you now, I watch Jazz, I watched the New Comedians, I watch you know, the news and seeing like, oh shoot, I watched the headlines that's popping off on social media, like oh everybody's talking about this. What's what's the deal? You know what I'm saying, Get in the trenches with it. Oh wow, this is a good angle. So what I do with comedy is I'll take like something that's that's a real subject matter and flip it, you know what I mean? And now you you laughing, but you're like, oh my god, that's crazy. What made him say that? Because you got to know it?
Speaker 7: So how do you flip something like the Shannon Sharp situation?
Speaker 2: We just well, first of all, Shannon Sharp did not see how to be a player at all. Okay, so let's just just let's get that out. He must have missed the VHS and the DVD release. Yo. He fifty six years old. He should have seen it coming. It was right on. What's that sound? Your ass is coming? It's coming? What's that?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 2: Shannon Sharp should have known when when that first tape lead that we gotta slow down. It's a little bit. It's a little bit too much. Yeah, baby with you that talk to it? Yeah, I didn't even know I was laughing. They tell me at least now now if you are going live and you don't know what you two if you don't even know how, of course, and you gotta click click to do it. So he wanted to be live. They don't the baby daddy, what it did? They'm deady what it did?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 2: He full throttle got caught on that one. Everything should have been shut down, which is some type of class can't talk nasty shennon, calm down, Get you a nice, nice, solid woman on to the corner that and just lay load for a minute to listen. What is it not even eight nine months later? Thin been that long? It is he backing them streets? You mess up the bag. I'm telling you right now. White girls can't even say nothing to me. I was at the dog part of this. White said, oh nice, sorry, I took my dog and ran I wouldn't even trying to. I'm like, Jonathan, make what about the age difference? Because when he met us, you nineteen, thank god, thank god she was nineteen. It's too far. See, I got a young daughter, so I can't even process my daughter's twenty one. I'm thinking saying. I'm thinking like my daughter, me and Shannon in the alley, wake scrap it. I can't wear that, you know. But you know what I'm saying, these cats, I don't know athletes are different. I just be honest. I think it's a it's a difference with these type of guys, like they get they get attracted to certain things that are different, like like why do like most football players like strip clubs. I don't know they just like that. I mean when I did any give a study. That's what we was in strict club. Come on, dogt go see the girl manal talk man, blow up something, drink a little bit, get back to the to the you know, to the hotel. But you said something that's important, Like you said after the first situation, you gotta slow down.
Speaker 8: But you said he should have went to like some type of class development. Isn't there no more for nobody? It's not musical artist is not different personalities like you got people that literally going in their living room and becoming like these phenomenons overnight because the podcast YouTube.
Speaker 2: A wave. This this is like he was always dope, you know, football player, always Hall of Fame, Da da da. But this is a wave like he got like boom. You know, Cap Wims gave him that boom. You know it's it's like then you get on on, you leave, skip boom, come to ESPN. That's like that's a rocking wave. Right, so you know you rolling, you know the light on. You gotta kind of be careful. He needed an auntie. Man. See this is what's lost in the culture. Old school black Auntie. Auntie be like, shah, you can't do that, baby, now, you done got too nasty? Yeah mo yeah. Mother tried to help him, but you know he he liked what he likes. What you're gonna do? Now? Can you wear it? See what I'm saying? Can you wear it? Now?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 2: What do we do from here?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 16: How do you?
Speaker 2: How do you? How do you? Olivia Pope that? What would you do?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: What do you do? I mean, I mean, he ain't don't nobody you know what I'm saying. He's just nasty. So this beat is like that's the bonded stuff? Is that what we're talking about?
Speaker 14: You sixty years old?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 2: I know I'm just saying, okay, So.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, I don't know that's the best thing to do.
Speaker 2: But know I'm just saying like that that that is a that's a lane. So I mean, that's a lane. Let's be honest, that's a lane. Know, I'll just saying you might have come out with T shirts. He got the funk. I don't know, I don't know. That's a tricky laye. That's like dropping your car one hundred miles an hour with no seatbelt gonna happen? You did, Like, that's a tricky lay because it's edgy. That's what I think is the poor for people. It's so edgy. But it can always go left because where's the line. Where's the line you wildin? Where's the line where we could come back or like say, this is the thing that's tricky. You could be all all good on Saturday, we go back to do it against Sunday and you might not be on that right now. So now it's a bad deal.
Speaker 20: I think at this point, at Shannon Sharp's age, he should he needs to sit still with a person, like marriage something.
Speaker 2: I think he should do a turkey drive. What turkey drives always fixed.
Speaker 20: Stuffy turkeys make people feel good.
Speaker 2: Man, he giv it ouf turkeys.
Speaker 3: He didn't do it.
Speaker 14: Somebody and then they send me the photos exclusively.
Speaker 3: Yes I know.
Speaker 20: Oh my god, I seen him like, hey, you give me a bunch of turkeys and summertime.
Speaker 2: Know you gotta give out turkey, Shanny. That's the trick. Where's my camera right here? Look, do a turkey drive. Just give out turkeys randomly all over because you're here, baby, you're going a little Turkey for U getting going a little Turkey. By the time they get that thirty first turkey, this would be oh and it got to be butter ball. We got more with Bill Bellamy. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is the ej NV just hilarious. Charlomony and the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Laura Roast is here with us as well, and we're still kicking it with Bill Bellamy.
Speaker 2: Charlom Now, you.
Speaker 7: Grew up in that era of the nineties when you look at the Diddy situation, Oh, did you ever think the culture of hip hop would catch up with people to wait a day because a.
Speaker 2: Lot of this is lifestyle b Well well, well, well, I'll be honest with you, made a Diddy situation. It's just it's gonna hurt us all no matter what how it comes out, but it's gonna hurt the culture because to me, why I say that is because what he's done for the culture before all of this is phenomenal, Like it never happened before to come to this point. I didn't see that coming, you know what I'm saying. I know, but I didn't know like all the other stuff that people are saying like that's just like all this stuff is just so like, oh my god, it's so many Oh my guys, No Turkey drive could fix you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I would never say it's crazy for life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that's what we look at it. That's crazy, Like I mean, god, dang, you know what I'm saying. Because we came up the nineties was really a fly ten year run for everybody that was coming up through it. You know, cats is getting record deals of substantial money. I remember when Janet Jackson got her like forty million dollar Virgin deal or something crazy. Remember when they was giving our numbers for artists ninety million, this that and the other whatever whatever. Puff got a hundred million dollar deal. I remember that, Like that was a big deal in New York. Like people was like, yo, Puff got his own label now boom boom boom. Like I came up with Mason, those guys in Cameron and guys. So just think about like, oh man, I just seen like these guys making money and our dudes that look like me that came from situations like me. We are here eating to now like damn so let's say if he even if he were to get out of it, his images is smashed. So it's like, damn, man, you could do all this good and do one thing and no, people never feel the same, like you know what I'm saying, Like they'll never look at you the same. So that's the part that gonna hurt the culture.
Speaker 7: To me, Did you ever have to fight to get hip hop on MTV back then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Charlottagne, come on, let's you know what we did, Okay, so listen, this is how how it was. So when I came on MTV, it was mostly rock. There was there was they was tip to one with hip hop. But we're gonna play a little bit. We're gonna play a little bit over here with Yo. We got Yo MTV raps th those guys ed Andre are doing a great job. Blah blah blah. I wasn't even on the channel yet. So now we're getting this this hybrid show that's going to show you that hip hop is crossing over a little bit. We're not only gonna do knaves, but we're gonna do salt and pepper, We're gonna do l L, We're gonna do leaders in the new School. We're gonna do Domino, and we're gonna do Coolio, and we're gonna do this young dude named Snoop. So now you're getting all these new artists. You got ice Tube, now you got this, you got that. So now the plate got bigger. So I just happened to be the god delivering the plate to the people, like, Yo, we got this, we got this, we got this. I just think it was really really a blessing for me at that time, just to be in the right place at the right time, because I love the music and I love us. You know what I'm saying, I wanted you if you was a new artist. I'm like, I'm trying to get you on, like, yo, you gotta come on here. Make sure you fix her hair, make sure she looks like okay, cool, cool cool, all right, no, no, no, But what I'm saying, like, you know what I'm saying, y'all. Y'all, y'all can figure this out. Left so real quick. Anything going on Turkey drive already doing what you know, and you to see how you ain't been Turkey's on the ground. They just forget it just made people go you do nothing. He gave me a turkey.
Speaker 20: What was the biggest thing that MTV passed up on that you were like four? And they was like nah, we good. And then later like now you're looking back like me and I was iconic moment we could have had.
Speaker 2: I can't remember that. I can remember what they almost blew on. There's a couple of things that happened like this. One I remember very very vividly was H Town. So H Town was on Luke Records, right, so you got or the group the group Knocking the Boots. So I was in like in the South, I was doing the show or something. I heard knocking the Boots. I said, oh my god, what is that. I go back to MTV. I showed him the tape. I said, Yo, this is that and the other blah blah blah. They were like, oh my god, go to the billboard. Let's see what it is. Is it doing it? Is it a heat seeker? What is it doing on the charts. I was like, it don't matter what the charts is. I'm telling you this song right here is crazy. Did we get the video? They still on it? We put it on the air. Oh my god, you know music. I've been telling y'all. You see, that's the thing. When you live in the tower, you're not on the on the ground. You don't know the people, right. So that's why I never stay in the tower to this day, I never stay in the tower because you don't know what going on.
Speaker 14: Did you ever get a chance to turn the group that? Yeah, I got the play that was.
Speaker 2: A real risk song. Back then it was.
Speaker 3: Boom boom.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a lot of grinding, you know. Interesting. I would to remember that. We used to.
Speaker 8: I wonder what the difference between knocking the boots and sex you up? Was they white?
Speaker 2: Cultural? Right there? You know we nasty, they're pleasant, they have no problem with sex you up.
Speaker 15: We did.
Speaker 2: We did color me bad. I want to sex you up? Yeah, So all them groups like now you don't even see groups no more. We had color Me Bad boys, the men shy Yoas, Jodasy, high five Brown, we had Jade seven O two.
Speaker 7: Damn total, there's so many, man.
Speaker 2: I love total though. It was just can't you see what you do to me?
Speaker 7: Someone that you said you regret coining the term booty go.
Speaker 2: I regret that I didn't trademarkt you got. I would have had a lot of money.
Speaker 8: Now, you said you want to do another how to be a Player? Are you really working on the updated version of that? What would that even look like in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, n sharp would not be in it.
Speaker 9: All.
Speaker 2: You are nobody, nobody that's messing up, got anything? You would have to be played to. Nope, Nope. Is it even worth being a player?
Speaker 8: Because Kendrick Lamar said, and I agree with him on the new album j Next, he says, you better off being with one woman.
Speaker 2: Everything tricky right now? Yeah, it's tricky right now. I think for the comedy of it, it would be really good for the culture. I feel like it would be good because it's nostalgic and everybody it's the right age now. Some cast was like in their teenage years, some catchers in their twenties. Whatever. I think if we do it coming like if it comes out next summer, I think it would be perfect because we can talk about certain things, you know how like technology is blowing casts up. You know what I'm saying, leaving your phone open, girl, using your face while you sleep. I feel like we should have alarms on our phones, you know, like saying I'm saying you you sleep and your girls trying to go, or you.
Speaker 14: Could just not have nothing in the phone.
Speaker 2: That's true too, Bill, we all always got something in our phone.
Speaker 7: What if you did an updated version of The Brothers that's supposed to be happening.
Speaker 2: And you have Doctor Uma in it? Mad at you because how much you like white women? Doctor Umar would be but yes, he would just show up on my dates. Yes, he's a cousin. Come home brother every time you pop up for no reason. Don't let the butnets get your brother. Boy.
Speaker 8: If Doctor Umar have a mixed baby, I'm a pass out. It'll never have No I know, I'm just just something. The life will never happen. But Umar, he's staying on business with his stuff. Well he hit it so hard he bet it not even drink white milk, give mean.
Speaker 2: In his house. I don't want to hear.
Speaker 8: He is over the top, Bill belling me his top billing toys going on right now. He's gonna be at the Improv Comedy Club May third and the fourth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be in Brayer, California.
Speaker 7: Yes, Brad California, four Way, Indiana, May knife and eleven from the Summit City Comedy Club he'll be at the Chicago Improv in Schanberg, Illinois, May sixteenth through the eighteenth, the Miami im Prov in Miami, Florida, May thirtieth through the June first, and the Funny Bone Comedy Club in Cleveland June sixth to the eighth.
Speaker 2: Let's go man, Let's go man. It's Bill Bellamy. Man. Where can they follow you? Bill? Follow me at Bill Bellamy on Instagram, I'm on TikTok, I'm on Facebook wherever it is. Subscribe to your podcast, subcrid to our top billing. We love y'all man peace.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Club, Bill Bellam, Yes, it's the world most dangerous. Wanting to show the Breakfast Club to God.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious.
Speaker 8: And we had to leave because he's doing his his book Trapping. His new book is out, Real Life, Real Family with his wife Gia Casey. But it's time for the latest with.
Speaker 3: Lauren La becoming a straight fas.
Speaker 2: She gets them. Somebody that knows, somebody gets the detail.
Speaker 14: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 7: She'd be having the latest on the.
Speaker 2: Latest with Lauren La Rosa.
Speaker 8: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything on the breakfast club. She just got her blanket over.
Speaker 3: There, yes, and got one of her shoulders on freezing.
Speaker 20: It's okay, it's better, thank you, all right. So right now, terriffs are trending. Tarriffs and Amazon are trending all over x and all over Google. And this is because for the last couple of days Trump and Amazon or Jeff Bezos have had a little tiss tists, a little beef. So Amazon, there was a report that came out by website called punch Bowl News at the top of the week that said that Amazon was going to show the actual prices of like here's.
Speaker 14: How much this item costs.
Speaker 20: Here's how much we have to add to it because of the terrors, because they want of their customers to know we're not just trying to run up the prices on y'all right, which I think is smart because you get to see taxes when you buy something depend on where you persons in it from.
Speaker 14: So when that came out, Trump in his White House got upset.
Speaker 20: So the Speaker for the White House came out and said that this was like a hostile political act and that it made no sense, and that Amazon was doing this to protect their relationship with China. Now all of this, you probably are wondering why it is such a big deal. I mean, terrors have been a conversation. But to me, I thought that this was kind of crazy with it. They were dragging Bezos and Amazon because Jeff Bezos and Trump were buddy buddy, they were friends. They went out to dinner after Trump one y election. He was at the inauguration. But the minute that he decided to protect his business and his customers, or so it seemed, Trump got upset.
Speaker 8: Oh, it's because Trump punked him. And Trump has been punking Besos for the longest. I mean, Besos also owns what is it, The Washington Post, and he decided not to endorse a candidate for the first time ever. And after Trump called Besos yesterday, Besos bowed down. He said he never planned to, you know, put the put the price to the ti something.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 20: Yes, yeah, Jeff Bezos is the founder is he purchased the Washington Post in twenty thirteen, So that is correct.
Speaker 14: But yes, that happened.
Speaker 20: Now when Trump called him, he said that Besos did a good thing, and he's basically he's like I'm glad he listened, and this is not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 20: Amazon had tried to walk it back after the White House got mad. They said, oh, it wasn't approved, we weren't really gonna do it. But then Trump came out and said I called him and it didn't change. So it made Amazon look crazy like he can just call y'all and everything walks back, which is insane to me because I feel like and we've been seeing it. I know, Charlaun, you yelled at us about this all the time. It is so when I saw Trump just casually say yeah, I called many changes, mind, I'm like me.
Speaker 8: Trump punked him. Trump called him a bitch ass billionaire. Yeah, I want you to move or out.
Speaker 20: Seeing all the big tech companies that the inauguration was one thing. But watching Trump just call somebody and say you better not play with me and it Trump.
Speaker 8: Got all the power. It don't matter who got all the money, It matters who got all the power.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, yeah, that was pretty scared.
Speaker 20: I mean, I mean at this point now, and I guess they're in good standing because he walked it back, But a lot of conversation that's happening right now is this makes no sense because I want to see where how the prices are moving, because I want to make sure you're not just throwing your extra on top on top of the tariffs, especially with everything about the change right now. So yeah, Well, in other news, Shannon Sharp, So you guys remember that video that Shannon Sharp was saying was going to release.
Speaker 3: Yes, that did no.
Speaker 20: No, So according to reports, that video will not be released. Attorney Tony Buzby came out and said that they are not planning to release that video. How they were dropping audio because it's a very strong point of their evidence in this case and they were going.
Speaker 14: To keep it and use it as such words.
Speaker 20: Yeah, now that is interesting because she and and Sharp, Remember he kept saying he believes the video was gonna come out.
Speaker 14: He believes the video was gonna come out. So there's been a change there somehow.
Speaker 3: But Stephen A.
Speaker 14: Smith sat down with a.
Speaker 20: Big boy for a big boy in the neighborhood and he talked about how people are switching sides on she and the Sharp right now, let's say a.
Speaker 23: Listen, can we help you get back past this? And I think that true friends conduct themselves that way. They ain't yes, people that tell you just what you want to hear. They ain't know people that's willing to vilify you. The second something. I mean, I see cats talking about him and I can't even put in the words that I've seen them do. And then I see the zest with which people are willing to pounce on him. People have been after him since he was doing he did Cat Williams because of the numbers he produced and the success that it had and.
Speaker 2: How he was able to ride that way.
Speaker 23: If I sit up there and I'm friends with Big Boy, I'm a contemporary, and then Big Boy get in trouble, it's one thing for me to be on the end going like this, yeah you know, I mean, this is what happened the Big Boy. And that's another thing in Tydy'd be like, yeah, you see what happened big boy, right right? And you see a joy that some people are having and going at him. So for me, it's just about making sure that he knows that he matters to me.
Speaker 3: Did he say he sees the zest and which people want to pounce on him. I knew you was going to that whole sentence.
Speaker 7: If you jesty pouncing on somebody.
Speaker 8: I will say in a lot of ways, I could say stephen A set the tone for that comment commentary. I said that because one of the first people who commented on Shan was stephen A. Pout a twenty minute video that night.
Speaker 20: And then said basically, this is my guy. But I'm going where ESPN go I mean I'm going where. Yeah, I'm going where ESPN goes, which I get it. That's like, I mean, that's your that's where you work at and all that. But now the tone is giving. We staying with Shannon Sharp regardless whatever, whatever, or at least be careful you talk about him. But when he talked about it that first night, I was like, are they friends? I was a little confused.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 8: And you know another interesting thing too, and this is why I said, you know, I've never seen anybody handle a situation worse than Shannon and his team. After this came out, we would have never known about that so called video if it wasn't for Shannon shop. Yes, Shannon jumped out there and revealed that that video existed. And he did that for no reason because they wasn't even planning on putting it up.
Speaker 3: Yep, like you revealed their name.
Speaker 20: The attorney Buffy said that in a statement to TMZ, he said, the only reason you know about the existence of a video recording is that mister Sharp specifically referenced it in his BS statement. That's the contents of the video was shared during a mediation process with Sharp's attorneys. Again, Sharp and his team disclosed that not us Sharp himself was offered on more than one occasion to view it himself. He declined, We've never made any claims or threats about it.
Speaker 14: It won't and won't do so.
Speaker 7: Once again, I've never seen anybody handle atle situation worse than Shannon and this team like this is. They just handled it wrong from the beginning, from the whole beginning.
Speaker 20: Yeah, well we'll see you would come to this because I think it's the best that this video didn't hit so yeah bd s M being in Sharp and that little girl, Yeah, that would.
Speaker 3: Have been bad, bad visual.
Speaker 8: I just don't understand why they didn't settle, especially being that the lawyer said that they offered the timn what not. Not that they didn't settle cause they were willing to settle. Why didn't they take the money? Why didn't Buzzy did they think that they could get more because of all of the evidence they got. Probably that's probably what it is.
Speaker 14: Probably, So I've asked that multiple times.
Speaker 16: What it is.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but I've asked, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, Happy birthday to Kirsten Dunst birthday. Bring it on, No, no, no Mexican Yo. She's from Jumanji Spider Man. But yeah, her most famous role, in my opinion, is bring it on. So happy birthday to her and.
Speaker 7: On fire it was phenomenal movie.
Speaker 3: Child sell our bet. But you look like and we're the ones her down with that. Thank you for the lawyer, for the lord.
Speaker 14: Bring it on after Never mind Charlaann, who are giving that donkey.
Speaker 8: T before after the hour? We need John Halliburton to come to the front of the congregation. We like to have a word with him.
Speaker 2: Place you're checking out the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Your execution on the Donkey of the day is something to the.
Speaker 16: Hold for you.
Speaker 3: The reason they gave me donkey other day, and I deserve that.
Speaker 2: You need to know what you need to tell them.
Speaker 3: I am you tell them.
Speaker 2: It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 13: It's a read.
Speaker 2: But you're so good at charlamagne, you know what you want, Charlamagne Chlomone.
Speaker 14: Who do you give a dunky other day?
Speaker 6: Soon?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: Sexy red donkey today for Wednesday, April thirtieth, goes to John Halliburton.
Speaker 8: If you don't know who John Halliburton is. John is the father of Indiana Paces stars Tyreese Halliburton. Now, last night, the Indiana Paces eliminated the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA playoffstrop on the poo bombs in the Indiana Paces, epic collapse by the Milwaukee Bucks, or the Paces were down by seven points with forty seconds left in overtime and then the books completely collapsed in Tyrese hall Burton supplied the game winner.
Speaker 7: Let's listen to how I went.
Speaker 2: Down jar Way go cala Bert five seconds, tive sentence one point, prey to go. Pacers, come on, here's Gary Trent Junior. End up. Pacers start moving on though, Lota come back, get old Bert now.
Speaker 8: Naturally, after a win like that, emotions were hot. Okay, if you're a pass fan, you was on cloud nine. If you're a fan of Tyre's Halliburton, oh, in that moment, you thought he was the greatest thing since the late Great Kobe Bryant, and there is no bigger fan of you when it comes to sports than your parents. Okay, especially your father and Tyrese's dad, john sits.
Speaker 7: Court side at the games.
Speaker 8: Well, he got a little too excited because he decided to talunt you, Honis by coming on the floor and holding up a towel with his son's face on it and shouting variations of this is what we eppen do.
Speaker 7: Let's go to inside the NBA for the report, Pleeplet's listen to him and watch.
Speaker 2: Some for some talking after the game. And then and then it was his dad. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Then it looks like Halliburton and the honest make nice and that everybody else does too.
Speaker 2: We we we we love mister Halliburton. Come see the show. Don't beat the show. See the show.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and I think I saw ty Ree Is already apologized for his dad's actions for what because he went he doesn't run on the court and talk like I know you don't know, you don't.
Speaker 2: Kevin, see the show. Don't beat a show. You can't run on the stage, cannot run on the court. And everybody on the court.
Speaker 17: Get everybody he's apposed to on the court. The court to be on the court. Stop, No, you stop it. He's done. Don't matter supposed to be on the court. Just talked to him forget all.
Speaker 2: No, he was on the court. So what you think he said something he probably know Dad is.
Speaker 8: Come see the show. Don beat his show. I like that, canny listen. I could go either way on this. It can be harmless or it can be harmful. But the NBA has to do a better job of protecting his stars.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: People think that just because these folks make hundreds of millions of dollars that they should be okay with fans talking crazy to them. Sure, heckling is one thing, but coming on the floor, No, do that from the stands.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: And furthermore, and the reason I'm giving John down here today is because it's not about you. As Kenny Smith said, it's not about you. Okay.
Speaker 8: People need to learn that their actions do affect other people. So be careful what you saying do because it's not always just about you.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 7: I know that's your son. I know that you're excited, but you have to remember you represent your son in that moment, So don't do anything that embarrasses him or makes him look foolish.
Speaker 8: Also, when was the security? Why were Yiannis and John allowed to get uh? I was about to say face to face, but it was more like, you know, face the waste, okay, fate. Why would they allowed to get face to waste on each other like that? I mean, Janni's towers over John. But why did that exchange even happen? I know team staffles, you know, pulled yon Us away, but why were they allowed to get that close to each other to begin with it? Yah, if Yannas saw John tant him, I'm sure others did too, so you had to know Yanna's going over to him wasn't because they were about to exchange pleasantries. Okay, what if emotions and egos would have got the best of them and they ended up scrapping right in and there. It's just stupid and it's all over things that could be prevented. Now, would you like to hear what Yiannis had to say about it.
Speaker 7: Let's listen.
Speaker 24: Losing the game, emotions run high, having a fan, which at the moment I thought it was fun, but then I realized it was Tity's son, which I love Titus, I think is a great competitor. He was his dad sort of coming in the floor and showing me his son a tower with his face.
Speaker 2: This is what we do, This is what we do. This if we do, I feel like that's very, very disrespectful.
Speaker 24: I'm happy for him him, I'm happy for the sun, and I'm happy that he's happy for his son.
Speaker 2: That's how you're supposed to feel.
Speaker 24: But coming to me and disrespecting me and cursing at me, I think it's totally unacceptable, totally unacceptable. I'm not the guy that points fingers because in my neighborhoods sneage gets stitches. So I don't want to say something, you know, for him to say to get fined on anything. But it's not respectful. I talked with him at the end, and to be uh, I think we did in a good place.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 7: The way Jhanna said coming on the floor the towels sounded nasty, but Bianna felt disrespected.
Speaker 8: Okay, who are we to tell him otherwise? Tyrese Haliburton said his father was wrong. Let's listen.
Speaker 11: You know, as far as the incident between the Honest and my pops, I had no idea what happened until I got to the back and we showed the video.
Speaker 4: Uh, me and my.
Speaker 11: Pops have talked about that, and I don't agree with you know what what transpired there from him. You know, you know, I think basketball is basketball and let's keep it on the court. And I think that he just you know, got excited to tell us some make the game winner and came on the court. But I think we had a we had a conversation, and you know, I think he just needs to just allow me to just play basketball, stay over there, come to him to celebrate. But I'll talk with Jianni's eventually about it. Just you know, I don't think that my pops was.
Speaker 2: In the right at all there.
Speaker 7: And all of this taken away from the fact that they came back from behind and he scored a game winner. Now he got to sit up there and explain about his dad's actions. Okay, his dad apologized.
Speaker 8: He said, I sincerely apologize to Giannis, the Milwaukee Bucks, and the pace of his organization for my actions following tonight's game. This was not a good reflection on our sport. Are my son and I will not make that mistake again. What is the lesson to be learned here. It's simple for me, and we talked about this in another Donkey earlier this week, and the lesson to be learned is our actions are guaranteed to affect others because we are not alone in this world. John made a moment that was about his son, about him. Your son hit the game winner salute. That has nothing to do with Janni's. Okay, they lost. Yanna's not even a player who taunts people. Very humble man, So what was the point.
Speaker 7: But once again, our actions are guaranteed to affect others, John, you represent more than yourself. You represent your son. You have to be that much more aware of how you present yourself because you are representing more than you. I know your last name is on the back of that paces jersey, but that's not you, brouh. You're not out there getting buckets. Your son is and his game speaks for itself. Okay, it doesn't need you speaking for it. Parents should cheer from the stands, not confront players on the court. So for that lapse in judgment, please give John Halliburton the biggest he hull.
Speaker 5: It's really that simple. Yeah, crazy, I want to say I do. I am really really proud of you for your segment. You've been giving people donkey fava, and you read so eloquently every day.
Speaker 7: You shouldn't be impressed by people that know how to read good.
Speaker 3: First of all.
Speaker 2: It should be right.
Speaker 3: And I don't even care about it no more. It's crazy. Can't I even take compliments.
Speaker 2: Like damn, hi, y'all? No, no, no, no, yes, ya dad rock.
Speaker 3: Don't even know how to say, Oh, my god, thank you so much, sister.
Speaker 7: You're absolutely right, very much, my sister. I appreciate that, thank.
Speaker 3: You, but I hate that word eloquently though.
Speaker 7: I hate to wear it that we shouldn't be applauding nothing of this applauding literacy. People are supposed to be literate. Now we come back, doctor Lakeisha Hallman will be here. She has a new book called No One Is Self Made, a motivational self help guide with a community oriented approach.
Speaker 8: And when we come back, we'll talk. We'll talk to doctor Lakeisha Harman. Okay, it's the Breakfast Club, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning Everybody.
Speaker 3: It's the EJ N V.
Speaker 2: Jesse Larius Charlamage, the Guide. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, doctor Lakeisha Holman.
Speaker 8: She has a new book out now called No One Is Self Made. Build your village to flourish in business and life. Good morning, how are you doctor?
Speaker 19: I am wonderful. I'm happy to be here for a second time. Yes, So thank you all for having me back. I've been excited to have this conversation.
Speaker 8: I'm happy that you're here, and I love the title of your book. This is what I'll be trying to tell people. Man, we live in this era right now where everybody's always talking about you know, I'm self made.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I did it myself. Nobody put me on, nobody held me. That's a lie. There's no such thing.
Speaker 14: That's why I.
Speaker 19: Wrote the book because it is profoundly untrue. All of us who's sitting here today, entrepreneurs across the country, anyone that we've lift up, even the people that we don't know, there have been a village of people that's supporting them.
Speaker 14: And so it was critical for me to write this book. But for me, it's a love letter.
Speaker 19: To our community that we must return to community and also have the true stories of what success is and how we got there.
Speaker 14: When you say return to community and have those stories. What do you mean by that?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean one of the things that I write about in the book, particularly in chapter one, I write about individualism. I think individualism have been propped up in this country where we talk about the self made woman, the self made man, and the more that we lift up the individual, it takes us back from that collective, the group village that I write about and talk about and my companies are built around. It is time sensitive that we return and get back to our togetherness and figure out how to work together, how to be tethered and took the place where we say that no one is going to separate us from our bigger purpose in doing good work together.
Speaker 14: Now, when you moved to Atlanta in twenty eleven, yes, I think it was eleven, twenty ten or twenty eleven.
Speaker 20: And I was going to ask you what brought you to Atlanta? But everything you're talking about Atlanta just feels like that the minute to land.
Speaker 14: Yes, Atlanta is so special. You were there this fast weekend?
Speaker 12: I was.
Speaker 19: Yes, Atlanta is incredibly special. I remember when I first visited. I believe I was undergrad when when I visited Atlanta, and I hadn't experienced anything like it. It was a sea of black excellence. You all have had Killer mic On and your and my brother lockt him up and he often talks about the history of Atlanta.
Speaker 14: Coming there from Mississippi. I was blown away.
Speaker 19: I knew that it was upon my destiny to be in Atlanta, to grow in Atlanta, and it was that deep history, but also that deep communal sense.
Speaker 7: Can we talk about the myth of being self made?
Speaker 2: To them?
Speaker 8: I really just want to expound on that. That's the first chapter in your book. What is the myth of being self made?
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's well, number one is untrue. I write about that. For me to be able to sit here today, I am the product of my grandmother's prayers, their hard work, my grandfather's, my parents, the team that I have running my companies, my friend group, and my extended family. I'm a product of all these people. So if I sit here and you all ask me about how my companies have been successful, and if I'm only talking about myself, I'm lying to you. Sure the true story is that we're village made. And if we accept this title, we began to erase people that have been critical to us. On our journeys, even our first jobs, our first opportunities, they were building us to be who we are today.
Speaker 14: I look at these first.
Speaker 19: Opportunities as divine assignments that we were planning in these experiences. But to take on the title of self made, we are erasing people and then they become hidden figures. And when we sit for these interviews, we are telling a profound untruth. But we're also telling people in order to make it, you need to do it by yourself.
Speaker 2: I wonder why we have that.
Speaker 8: Well, it's not we, but there's a lot of people who have that issue, you know what I mean, who just have that issue of not wanting to give people credit like they want to just be them.
Speaker 7: No, I did it myself. Nobody helped me do it, Like, huh, I love assistance, Please help me.
Speaker 14: I do too.
Speaker 19: And I write about you know in the book that I believe how we got here it's because it's been propped up that anytime we've seen people reach a level of success, the first thing that the media calls them is self made. And then we've also shunned people who've had support when that you didn't work as hard because you didn't Yeah, you didn't work as hard. Somebody gave you something. But the reality is we are We should be proud that we have been able to attract people in our lives that want to assist us, that want to help us. And so it's just really training our mindsets to really look at success differently. But I think it has been sensationalized. It's self made notion and what it is deemed to be successful. This has been largely overplayed in the media because if a person I write about all the Titans in the book The Tyler Periods of the World, but we often look at these people as self made. They made it out of no way. But what I think is missing in the story is that what I believe the truth is that we are all self determined people. Self determination and self made are different. Self determination means all the work that you've done, Lauren to be where you are today, because I've been following your journey, you are divinely self determined. You, Charlotte Maye, all the work that you done to be who you are. You are self determined. No one gave you that but God and the stick to itness. It's the thing that I think lifts us up. But what really propels us for is all the people that saw something in you, saw something in me, saw something in you, and then said, oh, it's something about them. I'm going to do all that I can to make sure that they reach the pinnacle of their success. And why it was important for me to write about supporting that way because I think we always and we can get to a place where we say I don't have this, I don't have that, this person that look out for me, But you also have all these other things.
Speaker 14: So you do have a village.
Speaker 19: You may not have the village where you can have everything that you need, but you do have a village of people pouring into.
Speaker 14: You, and that is what we need.
Speaker 20: You talked in this Essence article that I read about not saying yes to every invitation that you get as your building community. For a lot of people, spirit of discernment. But what's your breakdown of how you decide to say no to certain invitations.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it is spiritual discernment. It's also me operating in abundance rather than scarcity. I think when we're when when we're in a scarcity mindset, we believe that we have to be in every single room that we have to accept every invitation, that we must say yes to everything. Where I am in my life now and what I'm hoping to empower empower other people is that we don't want all the yeses. We want the right yeses. And how I discern when the yes is right? Is it aligned with my values? It's this opportunity align with the mission that I'm on. Will it take me off course? Will I have to divorce things that I believe in? Will I have to contort and change myself? If I'm saying yes to all those things, it's not the yes that I should take. And now I haven't always been at this place. I've had to grow to get here. My deep relationship with God has helped me be here. But I remember, and I write about managing the hard stuff in the book. I remember saying yes because I was afraid that if I didn't say yes to this opportunity that I won't get it again. But the timing of the opportunity was so wrong, and so I needed to say no. And so what I've learned about life is that sometimes the test in the assignment is will we say no to things when it's out of alignment? Will we have the discipline, the spiritual discipline to know that while this may sound good, but this is not what I should be doing. Will would be strong in our faith, in our belief that our right yes is coming. And when I have done that, and again I wasn't. It's very important for me to share it, because it's different when you've done the work and we can talk about these things. But I do remember what has awakened in me is more so a spirit of abundance that I only want to be where I'm meant to grow.
Speaker 14: And I don't want to be in every room.
Speaker 19: I only want to be in room where I'm meant to be transformational, not just to sit at a table, just to sit there.
Speaker 1: We have more with doctor Lakeisha Hommes when we come back. She has a new book, No One Is Self Made, a motivational self help guid with a community oriented approach, rewrite the rules of.
Speaker 2: Business and collective support.
Speaker 1: It's out right now. We'll talk to her more. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, joining everybody, your cj Envy, Jesse Larius charlamagnea God. We are the Breakfast Club. Lauren la Ross here as well. We're still kicking it with doctor Lakeisha Key Harman. Her new book No One Is Self Made is out right now, Lauren.
Speaker 20: What do you tell people, though, because you talk about the scarcity mindset and how you sorry for you to make those decisions, what do you tell people who are in that scarcity place that just need to eat real quick.
Speaker 14: They can't walk away from that deal, they can't afford to That.
Speaker 19: Is a very very very good question. Scarcity is a place of survival. So what I do have is a profound respect for people who are simply striving to survive. But the question would be, do you want to eat something that's poisonous to you? You know, do you want to accept things that it's going to actually change the makeup of who you are that may compromise you from your greatest self? Where where we know in our greatest selves and we operate in our higher selves, more is there. And so this is a question that is less tangible, but it's truly operating in faith that if I just be consistent, I continue to work hard, I continue to show up for myself, I continue to operate with the spirit of discernment, then my opportunities are come, will come? Will you have moments, will you have moments where you may take a smaller contract because you need to eat. I don't have kids to take care of, and so I will never be in a place of saying that I fully fully understand. But I'm in a place where I have a level of empathy. But I do know that we while in a space of striving to survive, we can still be very selective with the things that we say yes to.
Speaker 8: I want to talk about Chapter eight Support Supporters, and in that chapter you got a bunch of village verbs.
Speaker 7: Explain what a village verb is.
Speaker 14: Yeah, this whole book is and why I'm so excited about it.
Speaker 19: While I tell a bunch of entrepreneur stories, things that I've experienced, and I write about many luminaries from the past and people presently who's doing the work, the anchor piece of this book is all about the village, all about community in the village Verbs. When people close this book, I want people to do something. So Village Verbs is making sure that we participate in the voting process. Village Verbs is making sure that we're buying local, that we're buying from black businesses. Village Verbs is making sure that we're showing up from one another. If we do not have action behind the things that we believe, then I always ask people, do you really love it? Because if you love it, your actions should follow. You have on a black brand today. I've been wearing her for years.
Speaker 14: Tears.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but what you are doing today is love and action. So you support her in a real way. You're on a syndicated radio show rocking her brand. That is what it's about, Charlott Mane. I think about the number of things that I'm aware you probably do even more, but Black Effect podcasts, your in print, all these things. You are putting people in rooms and putting people in position, and it's because you want your actions to look like things that you care about. You want people's lives to change, and not just for this generation, but next generation and next generation. But you're not just saying these things, you are doing these things. That final chapter of Village Verbs is all about us doing the things that we say and getting put our action in love behind it. I always challenge our community that you may not be able to participate in ten different things, but you need to find something that you're passionate about and put your love and your action there, and our communities will change.
Speaker 8: I love it that the village verbs lock in, show up and connect, keep learning and higher, teach it, govern your words and listen intently, pivot, invest in your people, and spend locally.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love we're talking about village and we're talking about community.
Speaker 8: I know that you're on the State of the People power toold with my good sister, Angela RAI can we talk about that a little bit?
Speaker 14: Oh my goodness. State of the People is powerful?
Speaker 19: And what's powerful about what Angela and team has done because she's she is adamant that this is just not about her.
Speaker 7: It's the village.
Speaker 19: And that's the way that you know, she was raised in coalition building. But in a few short weeks, intentional people decided that they were going to do something. We're at a time where people feel hopeless, scared, and a small but mighty group of people said, not on my watch, that I am going to gather the people that I'm going to make sure that a room is comprised of people that can give resources, people that can give hope, people that can give that direction. And when you look left right, you see people that look like you. And why I think State of the People is so important as they go to other cities because history is determined by what you do, and when the history books are written, the history books are right that a group of people decided to do something and do I think people left State of the People feeling in power. Absolutely and then when State of the People comes to other cities, I'm really encouraging people to make sure they attend because it is absolutely special.
Speaker 8: Absolutely well, keep doing the work, doctor Lakeisha Harman. We appreciate you, and your new book is out right now we'll get tell them more to find you.
Speaker 19: First of all, yes, you can find me at doctor key Hallman. On social platforms you can get the book and no one as self made dot com. But from all major retailers entrepreneurs, you will most definitely love this book. Leaders in the communities, you will love this book. It is very practical and prescriptive. What I didn't say this, but what's special about the way the chapters end, I have reflection questions, and those reflection questions, by the time you finish the book, you have a whole plan on how to map out and build community.
Speaker 14: And true teacher format in truth Teacher for You're right, Lauren.
Speaker 7: The funny thing is.
Speaker 8: I think that you'll also realize you already have that community. Yes, you just haven't acknowledged them as such. That's what that's what I think. That's good Doctor Lakeisha Hall and her new book Knowing Itself Made build your Village to flourish in business and life.
Speaker 7: Go get that right now. Thank you for joining us, Thank you and thank you. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 7: It's the world most dangerous morning show. To Breakfast Club charlamagnea God, just hilarious.
Speaker 2: NBA is out right now.
Speaker 7: But we got the lad That's what Lauren.
Speaker 3: Lauren becoming a straight fast.
Speaker 2: She gets them from somebody that knows, somebody gets the detail.
Speaker 14: One girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest on you, the Latest with Lauren Larrossa. Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club, Lauren Larrosa, ll cool Bay. Got to say your full name. You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: The radio consultant say, you got to say your full name, familiarize you.
Speaker 2: To the audience. Laura l Rosa, Lauren Larrossa can't just say Lauren.
Speaker 14: You know people still ask me if I'm Dominican.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody ask what they do because.
Speaker 3: They don't start.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, no reason, nobody.
Speaker 14: L Rosa be really messing people up. Oh you know what, No, now that is not Dominican.
Speaker 15: No, I lie.
Speaker 3: I was like, which you know one on falls not one of a fault? Like maybe you don't.
Speaker 14: First of all, I do. Oh, happy birthday dad? It was his birthday in the twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Which one you don't remember your but you remember his? That's crazy?
Speaker 3: Did you say know which one?
Speaker 2: You're really? Really good?
Speaker 3: Dad?
Speaker 14: My my biological dad, not my brother's dad.
Speaker 3: You're still saying me birthday time. Yes, I talked to my dad, y'all okay, and things better.
Speaker 14: And me and my dad talk. We have a good relationship, you know.
Speaker 3: It's just not it's just not okay. I'm not crying.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 14: Could I become the damn news ahead?
Speaker 7: Do you think?
Speaker 3: Do you think it was you?
Speaker 2: The lady?
Speaker 14: Them beads it's not enough on them, because yeah, you need to pray some more.
Speaker 7: Your shoulder is as because you just talk.
Speaker 3: I need came around shoulder wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Be cat even off your father shoulder. It's just foggy.
Speaker 20: Speaking of father's diddy. He's a father, Okay, Yes he is, yes, Okay. So remember the other day we were talking about did these new defenses? And I was retarded, don't use that word. Why how he was saying that he was incapable of what you staying on one leg and seeing the fairy size. So we were talking about his defenses, and we were talking about how his attorneys are a legend and documents that because he might have been under the influence of drugs and or alcohol, he wasn't capable of cognitively thinking through anything, so he shouldn't be her responsible. And we were talking about how dumb of a defense that is, because number one, that means something still possibly allegedly happened. Number two, that means that there were drugs and alcohol involved, which is what they were claiming in the first place. Right now, I actually was able to obtain the full document, which is the filing that this exclusive was broke from, and I read through the documents and my opinion has changed.
Speaker 14: I don't think it's as dumb as of a defense.
Speaker 2: Will it work?
Speaker 14: Okay, because what the.
Speaker 20: Document and what the filing and what their uh did These legal teams focus is is intent. First of all, in a criminal case, the burden of proof is on the prosecutors, right, so they have to prove way more than did he has to prove.
Speaker 14: Secondly, when you talk about intent, intent.
Speaker 20: Means that there has to be like a specific like malice or like, you know, I was doing this on purpose, I thought about it, all of that stuff. If he is under the influence allegedly, right, and they can prove at however way, which I think would be the issue that he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, because he was just partying, having a good time and whatever happened. But there was no like he he's in aspect of this is just a good time we're having, we're drinking, we're doing this, we're doing that. I don't have an ill intent intent to do anything if something if something happened during that allegedly if something happened during that time, it happened, But my intent was just to you know, get allegedly high or drunk and have a good time.
Speaker 8: That's interesting because I wonder it was more important in the situation like that the intention or the impact, because even if you're an intention wasn't to do something like say, you're under influence, but then you kill somebody, So can I use that as an excuse?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 20: Yeah, like when people like if you ac like uh with concidents, when people pass away, like you don't intend to get in your car and kill anybody.
Speaker 2: Maslaughter as opposed to homicide.
Speaker 20: Exactly, That's what I'm saying. I don't know how well it'll work, but it's not as stupid as I thought that it was. But the issue will be they had this doctor coming in who there's no way at the time he had examined puff and was able to be like, yup, you know what, he's completely under the influence of whatever. So how do you prove that that what they're saying as a.
Speaker 8: Doctor do rectal exams on all the male victims though, that's what people really need to see what the hell is going on? And I'm gonna tell you something else. I have no idea what the hell did he's even charged with anymore exactly? I thought I knew, but they flooded his own so much. There's so much information. I don't even know what he's what he's.
Speaker 3: Being He don't know either, and that's that's the crazy thing.
Speaker 5: That's crazy because even even Lord Dirk is about to go like to court to try to like and why now, I'm just saying, because did he the only one that's staying inside?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it got to be something that they're not telling your something that's not leaking, or it's something something. Yeah, but we haven't got to the nitty gritty of why he hasn't been able to come home.
Speaker 20: Like it's a rocketeer conspiracy, it's sex trafficking by force, fraud, coercion, transportation to engage in prostitution.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot about all that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but I know that there was.
Speaker 20: A there was a forced labor charge that was added at one point. But they the judge, right, a judge rule that they can't they can't use that. But they did rule that that that Cassie video can be admitted as evidence. But I did want to come back with that after I read the doctor.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 14: He's not, but they are.
Speaker 20: They're asking if they can use that as evidence. And what they'll probably try to do because Cassie will have to take the stand they'll try to basically pint the picture of just how much of a I don't care about anything monster?
Speaker 3: He is like they did my thought.
Speaker 14: They let him to be like they tried what they did with the bell the bond, which is why he still.
Speaker 3: Didn't say that video was edited. He said that yeah, but that that was added yeah, And.
Speaker 20: The prosecutors came out and said, no, we have a recorded version of the full video.
Speaker 2: But yeah, just tell me what happens.
Speaker 3: I got you. You're coming with me.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with you. I'm gonna I need to get to the bottom of it too. But listen, I have a story that I want to break to. Executive producer of Baddie's on Wills accuses Roland Ray of ghosting her aft the Paymenties on Wil So you know the wheelchair people, people that are in wheelchairs, right and they can still be bad. So they're Baddies on wheels and they have a show on No, No, I don't think this is on zeus.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't know. I need you to reach out to see where it's at.
Speaker 2: But so it's handicapped people.
Speaker 3: Yes, hand handicap party right now, rolland Ray you don't know Rolling Ray, do you? Yes?
Speaker 2: Roland Ray was supposed to be on.
Speaker 5: He's supposed to do somewhere and that they send him payment. He ghosted them. Now Roller Ray is on for doing this all around DC. Let me just say that right there. But he did this to an executive producer of Batti's on Whales.
Speaker 3: That is crazy. He ran off with somebody, But how can you not catch somebody in a wheelchair?
Speaker 2: No, he did it? Stop all right?
Speaker 3: Well, he rolled off with somebody money, But how can't you just like.
Speaker 2: Run down on him? It's like, why are you?
Speaker 3: It's so hard to go get your money from this man. All you gotta do is cut the brake on the damn wheelchairs, you know, to be right on the back.
Speaker 7: Was the other person in the wheelchair too?
Speaker 2: All the whole.
Speaker 3: Casters and wheelchairs. But they're not. They're not rolling off with people money. It's just right.
Speaker 14: But the producer they're not.
Speaker 7: Is this an allegation or this this.
Speaker 11: Girl?
Speaker 12: This?
Speaker 2: This is this girl is for real.
Speaker 3: She's an executive producer. She is in shambles.
Speaker 2: She was so upset.
Speaker 3: She reached out to you. No, she didn't reach out to me, you know. She reached out to somebody on my team.
Speaker 8: I met Rolling Ray when I exact there was a Catfish back in the day on MTV Catfish spin off called Trolls.
Speaker 2: So that's where he was.
Speaker 8: The first was I don't remember if he was a Nikky fan or a Kim fan. When he was going against somebody, either a Nikki fan or Can fan. I forgot whose side was on, but yeah, he was. They were going back and forth, and I remember he spit. I don't know if he spent on me.
Speaker 3: He spit my mistake, because you know, it's like he meant to do it.
Speaker 7: I don't remember the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't remember.
Speaker 14: I think it's on Pressure TV network.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I knew it wasn't only serious, but yes, he rolled off with their money, and I just feel like, how how how did y'all let this happen?
Speaker 3: Y'all act like y'all can't just catch up with him?
Speaker 14: And she taking legal action?
Speaker 3: She is, she definitely is taking legal action.
Speaker 7: But dropping the clues bomb for the handicap hotties.
Speaker 3: No, it's not Baddy's on wheels, Okay, Baddy's on wheel.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, make sure you watch Batti's Ol Wheels, whatever.
Speaker 2: You can watch bad.
Speaker 3: Get out of money back, ride around it and give the money back.
Speaker 8: Dj MB is coming up with thank you Lauren for the latest with Lauren, and thank you just for your message. Okay, and we'll be back to People's Choice.
Speaker 2: Fixes Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, it is not dj MV is your girl Jef hilarious DJMV out here because he's selling his little book or whatever with his wife and Charlamagne over there.
Speaker 3: So what's up?
Speaker 2: How are you es? You got shows this weekend?
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't ever ask me how I am about. I've been sitting here for three hours.
Speaker 2: You're like warming up?
Speaker 7: Okay this weekend?
Speaker 5: No, I don't have shows this weekend. But next weekend for Mother's Day, I will be in Detroit. I will be at One Mike Comedy Club. We got three shows. One at eleven am that's a brunch, one at seven pm, and the late night show at nine threety pm. Bring your moms, your aunts, your sisters, guys. Treat them to submerge. We're gonna have doing meet and greet after the late night show, so get your tickets for that if you have not yet Jesselaria's official dot com and I will see you the Detroit listen.
Speaker 2: You know what I I want to tell people too.
Speaker 8: And if you're looking for a good Mother's Day gift, man, uh, Nicole Avon put out a book called Think You'll Be Happy and uh, it's it's about moving through grief with great, great grace and gratitude. And it's literally about uh, you know her mother, you know, a queen, Queen Jackie, Jackie Avon, you know she she was tragically taking away from us. And I just think that's a good Mother's Day gift because it really just makes you, you know, appreciate, uh if your mother is still here, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: Know what I mean Like, it's a good tribute to a mother.
Speaker 8: And I think that is a good a good good Mother's Day gift for folks to get, because I don't think people ever really know what to get their mom on mother, They red lobster, you know what, gold and crowd.
Speaker 5: Nope, Nope, I'm giving my mother a bridal shower. Really is my mother actually is. She's already married, but she's having her wedding this year in June, and she's having her dream wedding and so I'm gifting her with a bridal shower.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're doing this weekend.
Speaker 5: That's no, no, no, I'm not doing it this weekend. I'm actually doing that another week. But that's that's her mother's day.
Speaker 2: Ye dope?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, dope.
Speaker 3: And what's the positive note?
Speaker 2: I got a positive note.
Speaker 8: But I also want to tell people make sure you go out there and pre order Don Staley's book.
Speaker 2: Okay, it is called Uncommon Favor.
Speaker 8: It will be out May twentieth and bookstores everywhere, but you can pre order the Icon Living Don Staley's book right now. It's coming out of my book in print, Black Privilllege Publishing with Simon and Shoe.
Speaker 2: Still okay, okay, play a minute.
Speaker 3: Hold up, what is the name of her book?
Speaker 7: Uncommon Favor title?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: She got a subtitleh because I was ready to say, you want to hear Jess, you're talking to.
Speaker 7: What other thing that you're not supposed to say yet?
Speaker 8: But Uncommon Favor it's called Uncommon Favorite, Basketball North Philly, My Mother, and the Life Lessons I learned from all three.
Speaker 2: It's the whole table of contents.
Speaker 8: Hell, all right, just hates long subtitles. But I'm telling her you need the long subtitles because the long subtitles just tell people what.
Speaker 2: The book is about.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, that's it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Put the positive notice simply this, happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable or happy and strong, but the amount of work is the same, so you might as well choose happiness.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, breakfast club bitches, you y'alla finished or y'all done.