Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: When you're ready, let's get it all.
Speaker 1: How's it going to everybody? Bryan Albarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific six Eastern, Saturday mornings with a Jim Valley at ten am Pacific one Eastern. And man, I'm ready to go to Vegas today, right now tomorrow, So for the rest of you, Mike SIMPERVV will handle the show. But man, I'm ready to go. And there's a lot of shows this weekend and I'm going to be attending some and watching others, and we will cover it all Wrestlingobserver dot com, Video dot fw online dot com. Although I'm thinking that maybe the Saturday and Sunday Observer radio shows will uh well upload them to the video site. But don't think we're gonna be doing video for them. It's not gonna work out this time. By the audio will be up there on both places, and there will be video and audio the Q and A which will be available afterwards. So a lot of big things coming up. If you're going to Vegas and you want to join us at for W one line dot com slash Vegas is f W one line dot com slash Vegas. We got all sorts of things. There's a Brazilian steakhouse dinner tomorrow night. There's the Q and A. There's a wrestling show that Ed's doing, there's a sweet party, there's a brunch. We've got an area for for double or nothing where you can grab a ticket if there's any still available. It might be a couple left you can see with the Dave and the suite. So if you're in the air and you want to go, hey, there's still time at for W online dot com slash Vegas. And of course today we'll talk about all of the news leading to that, the collision announcement. Yesterday, we got lineups for all of the shows this weekend. We have got Sean Michaels talking about NXT Battleground. He died a conference call, which was interesting. I generally find Sean to be pretty honest in those conference calls. And we've got the NXT ratings and then of course the a W television review and maybe the end of the n XT TV review. I didn't get to review yesterday because I've seen it now, but a lot to get into. I can vote with more Observer.
Speaker 3: Lie come my day, come come by day, and it's me.
Speaker 2: It's something that I won't try.
Speaker 1: But in the show Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Alive like Simper BB also Wrestling Observer dot com. Let's see here. So so last night, obviously they announced the UH Chicago's United Center June seventeenth for Collision, and mere moments ago, as in literally as the music was playing, we got an update here from Wressell Ticks what is going on with aw collision? So, uh, I'm gonna look at this after the break because I don't know what's going with well, no, I'll just read this. So this from Russell Ticks. Obviously it says a premature rush of tickets looked promising for this, but a lot of it turned out to be a false alarm. Below you will see the sequence of events. In the end, they removed the upper decks for now. None of the two hundreds were opened at first, ifew were added once they took the three hundreds down. My assumption is, like last time they were here and sold it out. They held those two hundreds back until the general public sale because they know they would sell fast, and they'd rather sell more of the three hundreds if possible. Tomorrow will tell us this was a very quick turnaround for a show announcement. If you feel so inclined, at a few hundred for the upper decks that sold, these aren't included in this count. So they got an image and eight minutes later it looked like this one was going to move a lot of tickets fast, but turned out to be a false alarm. Scalpers brokers, anybody can hold tickets for fifteen minutes at a time to see how things are moving on the map before determining if they should buy more or not. Whatever seats you see gun in the upper decks come back, as evidenced by the screen shot below. A little before the upper decks were removed, I sent this image to someone to illustrate that not all of the section one to one regular price seats sold. You can see some of the upper decks sold, but not a significant amount. The moment they took away the upper decks and added the two hardcam sections a section on the bottom left front, third row. So anyway, it sounds like they're selling tickets. Yeah, well, you know, I just got this. It literally pre sale update AW Collision.
Speaker 2: It's really very simple.
Speaker 1: It is really very simple. But I'm also confused because in the brackets here it says Prudential Center, but then it's supposed to be talking about the United Center. So at the end of the day, I don't know what's going on right now, but I do know this.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: Last night they announced that AEW Collision will be debuting at the United Center on June seventeenth. They did not mention the name of cmpunk, but when they mentioned the Chicago United Center location, you could hear the fans pop and start chanting for cmpunk. And they ain't announcing the United Center if they don't have cmpunk. So he will be debuting or re debuting or whatever you want to say on June seventeenth. And yeah, we're going to see how things go. Is the pre sale and the regular sale and everything like that.
Speaker 2: We'll know more.
Speaker 1: We'll know a lot more. I would presume this weekend and then early next week, because uh man, I get all these things. They're all the same, because well Also, I'm sure get a rush of tickets after the h the show on Sunday.
Speaker 2: So are people tweeting you with or texting you with their excitement over Scorpio Sky possibly coming back? Man?
Speaker 1: What is everyone's problem with Scorpio Sky?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I do people have a problem with Scorpios?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like a lot of people do, Like, oh I don't want to see Scorpio Sky.
Speaker 2: What did he do?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know why they're so against Scorpio Sky.
Speaker 2: Man. The people that are ripping through the Battle Royal because you just you go and you point out, like some of your favorite wrestlers, like look at Jay White in that Battle Royal, or look at this person or that person. It just just shows you how bad they're screwing things up. It seems like a backfiring.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you about this Battle Royal.
Speaker 2: Okay, hit on seventeen. I'd hate to be seventeen because they're getting their ass kicked.
Speaker 1: So here are the participants in this Battle Royal. We have Orange Cassidy, Ricky Starks, the Butcher and the Blade Bandido Commander Lee Moriarty, Big Bill, Ari Di Vari, Tony Nice, Chuck Taylor, Trent Burretta, Kip Sabian, Ray, Phoenix, Penta, Swerve, Brian Cage, Jay White, Juice Robinson, Keith Lee, and Dustin Rhodes. So when I look at this here, this is this is what I'm concluding. Okay. If I had to put my money on this, I would put my money on Orange Cassidy because you know, I you know, people can argue whatever. I don't care to your opinion.
Speaker 2: He would literally argue that.
Speaker 1: But in my opinion, the best title reign currently in wrestling right now belongs to Orange Cassidy. He's out there week, the matches are always great. I mean, they've done so much for the international title. And to me, what is it now? Twenty four straight wins by Orange Cassidy as champion. Like, dude, this guy's gonna be thrown out of a Battle Royal and that is the end of Orange Cassidy's title Reignut No way, Okay, I would say no way. But if you have decided that Orange Cassidy is losing the title here in this Battle Royal, then I mean I would say Jay White. When I look at all of these names, maybe Ricky Starks, but and I guess you could do like you know, bandido, But to me, it's like Jay White, it's Jay White, or it's Orange Cassidy. And if Jay White is going to win the title in this match over Orange Cassidy, then to me, what needs to happen is this needs to be like a Titanic Battle Royal where everyone's jumping ship quick and you know you've got Keith Lee in there. And yeah, by the way, you have Keith Lee in there and Swerve so they're not having a match on this pay per view. It's incredible. It's incredible how long we're gonna go without having these two wrestle a match. But you know they can, you know, eliminate each other, and you know there's there's different things you can do blah blah blah. But it would need to come down to me, to Orange Cassidy and Jay White. And then I'm talking like you know, a twelve Maybe twelve's too long, but like an extended series of this, that and the other thing, like a match, yes, and Jay White finally wins.
Speaker 2: I would prefer.
Speaker 1: I would prefer sure if you could do pinfalls in this match and Jay White would hit him with this finish and pin him. That would be my preference, but I don't know if they do the pinfalls here in the Battle Royal. I mean they could. You know, it's called a what are they calling it? The Blackjack Battle Royal? Yeah, is that what they're calling it. I mean, you could add that rule if you wanted to on Sunday and just go, you know, it's over the top rope, pinfall or submission and then and then do that or whatever. But I mean, if that's not what they're doing, I mean, I do not want to see this title reign end with Orange Cassie being tossed over the top rope. I just don't.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't, And I'm fine with Jay White defeating him for that belt, but it should come in a singles match after this should probably come after whatever he decides, you know, whatever. The decision is going to be on him and Ricky Starks, depending on how long they go with that, and if they blow that off anytime soon. I would love to see Jay White get his hands on that belt and then go and just do something different with it. For now, you know, Orange Casside doesn't necessarily need it. He's going to get that attention. The title reign has been really good. I can't say any bad words about it, but you know, i'd love to see it on Jay White. But winning it in the Battle Royal now, I mean, it's just to me. This is a way to fill some time and it's probably hopefully a way to start something new with some people. You know.
Speaker 1: The other finish, which I'd love to see is you know, they have just mad wild Chaos and you know this guy, this guy blah blah blah, and the big culmination is at the end, it comes down to two guys and they do the Lex Luger Brett Hartz double coals Eine over the top rope to the floor, and then we learned that Orange Cassidy hadn't been eliminated, and he just lays on the apron and rolls his way into the ring and wins. Because that'd be a perfect Orange Cassidy finished, now, wouldn't it. Probably Yes, Anyway, we'll see what happens on Sunday. But we have the full lineup for all of these shows, so I can go over all of these after the break, and we've got to see him Punk and a Steal. Update from the front page and plenty more so Stick Around Observer Live back in the show. Brian Alberaz here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike SIMBERVB also Wrestling Observer dot Com says here with the official announcement of aw's Collision debut location Cempunk will make his return to the company as part of the show. Confirmation comes from Dave Meltzer. Punk's return was not announced Wednesday Saturday show at the United Center, same place. Punk famously made his return to wrestling in August twenty twenty one after seven years away from the business. Punk's first appearance or even mention on AW television since the events of last Septembers All Out when he got into a fight with the Young Bucks in Kenney, Omega. After Punk's post event press conference, Meltzer supporting that a final meeting between Punk and Tony Kahan went well and that quote there are a number of other issues worked out, including an agreement that nobody will speak publicly on the brawl after All Out last year. When it comes to a steel Meltzer said that Steele has been under a deal for many weeks. He will be working from home as part of the arrangement. Steele a longtime friend of Punk's, was fired after his role in the aforementioned fight. Although making the bucks were suspended, Steele's return of the company is believed to have been a sticking point. The rose last week caused Punk's name and image to be removed from the Collision announcement at the WBD upfront. You know, there's a lot of stuff online about the last week, and I don't know if you guys are aware of this or not, but there's a lot of different stories out there, and you know, there's the one side that there were serious issues. There's now another side that there were no issues at all. Everything was squared away last Tuesday and everything was great. And all I got to say is, and it's funny because there's now this big argument about this on our board. And the irony is that the thread that this argument is in is so long that people don't even remember the thread title, which is CM Punk not affiliated with aw Collision. I think people have forgotten that on that Wednesday where everything was allegedly now all hunky dory and everything was great, that was a day that Punk unleashed on me on Instagram. The day that allegedly everything was all hunky Dorian Great was also the day that WBD stated that he was not affiliated with the show, and that night they could have just announced the Chicago location, but they didn't. They specifically said that the location will be announced next week. And I mean, it's not hard to put all of this together, and I don't know exactly everything, obviously, but the idea that everything was all rosy on Wednesday, there is no evidence that I can see that that is true. Not to mention on Wednesday. I can tell you that there were people in WBD that were very upset, And if things were all hunky Dori on Tuesday, I don't know why people would be upset within WBD on Wednesday. And at the end of the day, here we are a week later, and it was announced last night on Dynamite, And I see no reason that they couldn't have done all of this last Wednesday if everything was all roses. So anyway, there's clearly two sides of all of this, and I'm sure that the truth is, you know, somewhere in the middle. But yeah, he's back.
Speaker 2: I guess we'll have to put this in the file with brawl out and why Cody Rhodes left and things for unsolved mysteries.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know. Obviously people have to sign stuff. Now that's changed. Here's the lineup for the pay per view, So MJF, Sammy Darby and Jungle Boy we'll be fighting for the world title in a four way. We have FTR versus Jared and Jay Lethal for the tag team titles, with Mark Brisco as a special referee, and they have been sowing the seeds that he don't like anybody.
Speaker 2: I'm slapping cheer Man.
Speaker 1: He hauled off and whacked down man was so great. Yeah. We have Wardlow and Christian Cage in a ladder match for the T and T title. We have the aforementioned Blackjack Battle Royal. We also have Jamie Hayter and Tony Storr. And there appears to be a lot of discussion today about this online and a lot of rumors. And I don't know what's going to happen Sunday, but my guess is that it is possible. They don't know what's going to happen Sunday because Jamie Hayter is injured and that's why she was replaced, or actually she wasn't replaced. They were going to do a six person I think it was last Wednesday, and they took her out of the match, and they took Soray out of the match because Jamie was injured, but they still shot the angle where Tony Storm challenged her for the match at the pay per view. And you know, Jamie was on TV last night and she did say I am hurt, but one way or the other, I'm going to be there Sunday and I am going to defend the title. But mild spoiler here on the Rampage taping she was attacked and beaten up and an injured in storyline, So I guess Tony Tony Storm, Tony Khan who is not Tony Storm. Tony Kahn did a conference call today and he was asked like, what's going on with Jamie Hater and he was non committal, So essentially putting all of this together, my presumption is that she's hurt and we're gonna like no day of maybe if she's gonna be able to do the match or not. That's what I think is going on. So we shall see about that one. And then we've got the Blackpool Combat Club with Danielson, Moxley, Claudio and Wheeler versus Omega, The Jackson's, the Young Bucks and Hangman Page in anarchy in the arena. We can all cross our fingers. Nobody gets hurt in that one. Jade Cargill and Taya for the TBS title. We have Adam Cole and Chris Jericho in an unsanctioned match with Sabu backing up Adam Cole, which I guess they just got back from the Jericho cruise and Sabu was on the Jericho cruise, And so my presumption is that Jericho came up with his idea, like, hey, it's a great idea. Let's get Saboo out there, who got a huge reaction last night. And you know, he had some serious health issue not that long ago. I think it was like in the within the last couple of months. But he looked good. You know, he didn't he didn't like do any spots other than throwing a chair, but you know, he looked in good shape, and he walked to the ring just fine and got in there and did all of his stuff. So you know, hopefully everything works out there great and uh, and then of course we've got Ethan Page and the Guns against what is now and I guess this is also a spoiler, but not really because the injury angle was last week. Isaiah Cassidy is not in the match. He actually will be taken out of the match. And it is Jeff and Matt Hardy and Hook against the Guns and Ethan Page.
Speaker 2: Will he be okay enough to stand in the corner and make sounds like he did on the top of.
Speaker 1: The Oh, I presume he's gonna be making a lot of sounds. What I need to No, absolutely positively not. I'll quitm near me, got to find it. I don't even know if Dom's here today, but I know he's listening. Okay, what else do we have? We've gone over all of the updates for all of the matches. Here Shawn Michael's on a media call. Let's see what he said that was interesting. He was asked about Blair Davenport, and you know, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that she is the mystery attacker of all of these Yes, well, they said Blair Davenport. Let's see what else he said? There were plans for India's champion before she got injured and drafted. He did note that he knew most of the people that were being drafted, but not all of them, and he noted that fifteen people being called up required an adjustment, but he felt comfortable with it. He felt it was only a matter of time before eilid Down and Alba Faire returned to defend the NXT tag team titles. I think that that's largely up in the airs to what's going on, because you know, the SmackDown Women's titles or the Raw whatever, the WWE women's titles, Ryan SmackDown. You know they're being decided on Monday, but you know we've got the other take team champions on the other show. So I don't know what's going on. And nothing on the status of NXT Europe. He did say, and I know this sounds hard to believe, but I actually believe Shawn Michaels. He says, to the best of his knowledge, NXT will not be going head to head with aw pay per views again, but he said those decisions are not made by him. He said they timed Battleground head to head. I don't even if it's head to head. It might be the afternoon. I don't even know what time it is, but he said it was take advantage of the holiday weekend and also because Night of Champions was the day before. So I do believe that he doesn't know. I believe he's not the guy making these decisions. He's just booking the show. Though I believe they're never going to go ahead to ed with an AWA of course not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, even though changed a little bit when it comes to holidays. You know, anytime you have to, you know, square up with NXT. This isn't going to be you know, the last time that happens.
Speaker 1: Then an XT Everyone's favorite show. Five hundred and seventy eight thousand viewers and a point sixteen in eighteen to forty nine. So that's the update on that. And when we come back, we will review this aw Dynamite show. So buckle up, everybody back in the moment. Observer Live like in the show. Bryan Elverz here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Simber VB also of Wrestlingobserver dot Com, well side for the Dynamite Report, Djuke Blokes watch the show, Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: I mean I did that was a rhetorical question.
Speaker 1: Orge Cassie call Fletcher for the International Title fifteen sixteen minutes. This match was great, although you know what it was. I mean, this was not you know, Orange sold is hand and everything like that. But this was a lot less of a story match and more about let's see how many big, crazy moves we can do in sixteen minutes. So if you're a fan of moves and you know a match where you can see like eight tombstones in the same match, this was a match for you fans, what nuts for it. And this was a tough crowd. This is Vegas crowd. This was a WWE crowd, like they just wanted to see entrances and stars. And you know a lot of these matches were just like they sat there for half the match and then got into the stuff at the end. But they like this and Orange ended up rolling him up and pinning him. He escaped by the skin of his teeth, which is another one of those really stupid old sayings, because you have no skin on your teeth. I don't know if you've ever noticed that or not, Mike, I certainly have no skin on my teeth.
Speaker 2: As many times as you go to the dentist.
Speaker 1: No god, they're looking good.
Speaker 2: Huh m.
Speaker 1: Four more trays, four more trays yeah bye bye. By mid July, my teeth are gonna be straight as an arrow, just like me. In fact, Ricky starts at a promo he said, I'm sick of being beaten up by Juice and Jay White, who then showed up and beat him up. Jungle Boy promo, vowing to drive back from Vegas to l A. Is the aw world champion? What's that bloke driving himself for? He's a big he should have a driver. FTR came out for a promo and uh.
Speaker 2: It's hard for some people to let others take the wheel.
Speaker 1: Ryan, And this was a little weird because FTR is doing this promo and you know they're burying the oddities. And then Mark comes out and the last we saw Mark, they did that awesome angle where he accidentally he accidentally got pile driven, which any of you ever been accidentally pile driven? It ain't easy, but they pulled it off. So Cash says, listen, Mark, we know you're mad, but don't let these people make you look stupid. We went to Helen Back with you and your brother last year, and this year we're gonna go hell back for you.
Speaker 2: Why is that man so aggressive?
Speaker 1: Well, the aggressive one was Dax, because Dak says that you know that pile driver was meant for those other something or other they bleeped it. He goes, I apologize, now, shake my hand. I was like brother that made much of an apology.
Speaker 2: He's one of those guys like stick the hand in the jet, like, come on, shake my hand like a man, like, no, I'm not shaking your hand because it gets worse.
Speaker 1: Dude. He goes, you don't even like a sincere apology. I apologize, now shake my hand. Yeah, and Briscoe slaps his hand away, and then Dak says, and I quote, I will not allow you to disrespect me on national television. Now shake my hand.
Speaker 2: Aren't you tequila eyes? Aren't you the one who pile drove the man? You should be on a little bit more out here.
Speaker 1: He stopped trying to stir trouble here. So brisco gets angry and slaps him good and so you know, then he leaves, and of course the oddities come out. They're all excited. But he walks up and he shoves Careen. He slaps the taste out of Jeff Jared's mouth, which is too bad because you know, one of the best things about eating is his taste. And when you can't taste it anything anymore for the rest of your life, man, that's trouble. But he gets to the top of these.
Speaker 2: He just shoved Sanjay, he used to have slapped him on top of his bald head.
Speaker 1: He gets up to the top of the ramp and he tells lethal, I don't care about any of these other guys, but you're my boy. And I'm getting tired of this bad word bs, he says, and he storms off. Overall, this was good, but Dax was a very unlikable character in this segment. Then we had Renee and Sammy, and Sammy does another Babyface promo, vows he will not lay down for MJF says, people have offered me money all my life. I told him to shove it. I'm gonna win that title. We had the House of Black against metallik Ar Fox and Blake Christian and this was a little better if they didn't like, turn all the lights out so it would look like a seventies you know, and go WWWF taping Instead, they like all of this weird stuff. They projected these weird lights on the crowd, and I mean listen, it's it's the sparkles on the screen.
Speaker 2: Just get rid of that.
Speaker 1: No, what gets me is and I don't care. Like if you like it, that's great. I'm not mad at you. But to me, why do we need this? Why?
Speaker 2: Why did Gallas have to be in a green fish tank last night?
Speaker 1: I mean it's like everybody hated when Sincar had to wrestle in her a blue light. Everybody hated when you know, the fiend had to wrestle in her a red light. Here, we've got more weird and I don't even know what. I don't get it, dude, this is over. This is above my pay grade. I don't get this weird lighting thing to make things different. You know what I want, and I've wanted for like months, is to see House of Black wrestle every week. That's enough for me. That is not enough for them. They must have weird lights and weird rules. And then it was just like a squash. I beat him in five minutes. It was just all add for that so BCC promo about anarchy in the arena. Moxley just cuts some promos on this show. This guy gives no f's and it's patently obvious. He just wants to go and beat people up and bleed and he's happy, which is quite a job. MJF promo burying all of the pillars once again teasing, I want to get out of this place. I'm bored, And you know what, Tony Khan knows my contract is coming up, so he's continually stacking the deck against me. They want this title off of me. Narby comes out, we have to go back to that. Well. I try to tell you guys that he is not losing the title until twenty twenty four, because the bidding War of twenty twenty four is still going to be the story line and there's gonna be something revolving around it. And I came up with an idea a year ago involving Moxley, where you know, he's so mad that he vows to resign just so he can take somebody out or whatever. But there is going to be a you know, a War of twenty twenty four storyline, and he ain't losing the title till he does that storyline. So that's what I think. I've said it from day one.
Speaker 2: And I won't care about that part of it at all until he gets some sort of Brian Pillman letter like he got from Eric Fischoff, saying that he's got his release to really make this work work. That's it. I mean, this is crazy to me. It's a silly thing to do under the circumstances.
Speaker 1: Why why our chat? I don't get it. Brian wants m Chiff to hold the title that long, blame it on him. What in the name of God.
Speaker 2: Does his say?
Speaker 1: And he wants favorite What does this have to do with me?
Speaker 2: It's all got something.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, Mike, if he would have gone full babyface, he wouldn't be doing a Bidding War of twenty twenty four storyline. So we don't like it. Well, that's another reason maybe he should have gone babyface.
Speaker 2: Argument.
Speaker 1: No, it's not your top. Babyface does not do promos going eh, there's no competition. Everyone's just whatever. I want to get out of this place. No, that would not have happened if you would have just gone full babyface. But he's a heel, so he's gotta talk about want to leave because that's heat.
Speaker 2: You're a heel with that shirt open like that, you get some gold chains.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is I knew when I came on today that everybody was gonna ridicule my shirt, and you're sitting there in that shirt. You're sitting there in that shirt commenting on my shirt. You know that's the pot calling the kettle black, which is another weird old saying m Jeff kicked him in the balls, just like I'd like to kick a bunch of you and the balls you fans or to promo.
Speaker 2: You'll get your chance tomorrow night in Las Vegas, Nevada. So come on out and meet Brian Albert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come to the steakhouse. I'll be too busy eating at kicking the balls ti in Lady Frost. God, you should see my kids heat to the Brazilian steakhouse. They're my kids, call Lelee and Paisley's really my kid because she's just shoveling meet in her mouth and then she's like, wor steak. I'm like shit, they're gonna bring more steak, dude, Come on, Taia beat Lady Frost with the road Deval Jalla and then Jade and everybody was watching. On Tony Khan made his big announcement. As noted, Hangman Page did a promo. I gotta say you know how long was this storyline of getting Hangman Paige back with the Elite, and they did it last week in the main event, and literally their follow up this week is he has a thirty second backstage promo saying, man, we're gonna take him on Sunday, not even all together the follow up.
Speaker 2: And I know I had to hide under the ring all night to do the thing at the end, but I mean, at least I don't know to me, that was a missed opportunity right there.
Speaker 1: I think we had Jericho and the Jericho Appreciation Society, Adam Cole and Roderick Strong all coming out. This is where they did the contract signing for the match, and there was a no physicality clause and so Jericho's just he's just digging that knife in, which is an old saying I understand that one when you dig that knife in and twist. And so finally Jericho signs and then he says, you know, this match is no rules, and there's five of us. I had only two of you, and so Adam Cole says, well, you're right. So I called a friend who lives here in Vegas. Why have idolized for years? And this one man is crazier than all five of you combined. And it's Saboo.
Speaker 2: I wonder what Sabu's name is on the chugs chat there for Twitch if they're such good friends. I didn't know this.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but that guy came out and everyone went nuts and he threw a chair at Daddy Magic laid him out. Roderick Strong and Daniel Garcia good match, total w w E crowd. They just sat there for the first half, then they got into the near falls. There at the end, Roderick hit ed of Artache got the win Willow nine Gale video package where they in fact not only mentioned but showed video of Mercedes as Willow beat her for the new Japan Strong Women's title. And then the main event, Penton Phoenix versus Claudio and Wheeler for the Ring of Honor Tag team titles. Match was great as you would expect, and finally there at the end, luch Bros went for the fear factor. Claudio Trice hit the ring, but the Bucks come out from under the ring. They hold him back. Penton Phoenix hit the finish pin him. They retained the Ring of Honor Tag team titles and then the BCC goes after the Bucks. They escaped through the crowd and then Moxley cut a promo and essentially he said, if you don't like blood, too bad, because there's gonna be blood everywhere in this match on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Video game. Imagine what they had to take out of that game for the screenshots that they showed. We see while the McDaniel Dusty Rhodes matches that didn't feature that much blood.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, guys, I know a lot of you love AW. I love AW as well, but the follow up to Hangman reuniting with the Bucks was not good. Okay, not yet if in fact, well let's just think about that, uh, that big moment when Sammy Zain finally turned on the bloodline. I mean, did they really follow up on the next show with Sammy Zain in a thirty second backstage promo mentioning it. Of course not. It was the centerpiece of the entire show that followed up. And yeah, you know they built up the match for Sunday, Well, of course they did. It's the go home show for the paper. They built up all of the matches, But the big climactic moment of after all of these years Hangman in the Bucks and the Elite getting back together. It was a week follow up. That's just the fact of the matter. Back in a moment, Observer Live. Back in the show, brain Elberrez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Sibervibi, also of Wrestling Observer dot Com. So I'll be back for the a video show tonight ninety minutes on awn NXT. Although we got the whole thing in an hour last week. That was weird. Well, there's a lot to talk about on these shows, and I never got to finish my NXT review. So we'll do that tonight Wrestlingobserver dot Com Video FW online dot com and then I'm out of here. So Mike, we'll be doing Observer Live solo tomorrow, YEP preview the weekend. Mike, make sure you get impact in. I want to hear about all of them.
Speaker 2: And then you tell me this just minutes ago too.
Speaker 1: You know, it wasn't abundantly clear that I was going to Vegas on Friday.
Speaker 2: But you could like always schedule that flight kind of like you can.
Speaker 1: There's a dinner that I'm required to be at at five thirty. I got to get out.
Speaker 2: Of here noon when we start this show.
Speaker 1: On this Yeah, and I leave at noon, so I get there at two so I can get you know, to the whatever and then get there. What do you want me to do? Brother?
Speaker 2: In a private chartered flight on your your golden airplane that you're taking down.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am required with I'm required to be at the Brazilian Steakhouse. It's in my contract. What do you want me to do about it? And I'll be back Saturday and Sunday with Dave and then Monday back for I'm not here Monday, Mike, You're or you're not either, right. I think we got that covered. Yeah, Michael's looking for any opportunity to take the day off. But I will be back Monday night with Dave and my Sports Illustrated Colin will be out Tuesday because I write for Sports Illustrated.
Speaker 2: Still no sneakerphone, guys, And that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out of here. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network