Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 2: What influence is it that wants to tell you that the House of God is not important to you. You're a member of the body of Christ. Now that's important because you have a responsibility for the preservation, for the protection. If it's important to God, it has to be important to us.
Speaker 1: Pastor Paula White King teaches about God's desire to have a people in covenant with him, taking a stand against those who would come against the House of the Lord. Don't go anywhere. His word is your answer.
Speaker 2: To Jesay confronting.
Speaker 1: God wants a people and a place to meet with him. Pastor Paula, now teach us how God will keep the covenant he has made with his church.
Speaker 2: So let's look at Psalm chapter eighty three. We're going to give a little more explanation and get it a little bit deeper, so I won't read the whole thing, but you already know. In verse twelve, he said, who said let us take to ourself the houses of God in possession? So that's been our mate and focus that said. Who was it that said let us take unto ourself the houses of God into possession. We've read the message Bible. God, don't shut me out, don't give me the silent treatment of God. Your enemies are out there whopping it up. The God haters are living it up. They're plotting to do your people in, conspiring to rob you of precious ones. Let's wipe this nation from the face of the earth, so you can see. The tactics of the enemy are always the same. Let's destroy Israel. Let's destroy God's people. Let's destroy God's house, all right, So the enemy's always had the same agenda. Let's wipe out the nation of Israel. It's important because Israel became a nation because God always wanted a people that he was in covenant with. And then that covenant was expanded to the Gentiles, Thank you Jesus, amen, because we were the Heathens, all right, and God God expanded that. So our roots are Judeo Christian, right, if we are believers, if we're Christians, and so here we are. And he goes into what he does there, and he says, again, right there, don't who is it that has said let us take unto ourselves the houses of God into possession. So we've spent a lot of time dealing with what does what does today's church look like what should it look like from a biblical view? That was part number one. Then we said the importance of the church. That's the last two weeks, like what is the importance of it? So there's a few things that you need to know. This Psalm eighty three goes back to the confederacy, And why do we call it that? Because eight to ten nations had aligned itself against Israel, had aligned itself against Jehosaphat and Second Chronicles chapter twenty, So I haven't dealt much with that. So let's look at what was going on. Can we go there, because I think it's really interesting for you. And then we're going to get in to the influence of the church, all right, the influence of the church today. So the Moabites, the Ammonites, with some of the Mionites, all these Eites, Okay, a whole bunch of bites were coming. They came to make war with Jehoseaphat, which was the king of Israel. And it says if you go to First Corona or Second Chronicles chapter twenty, I'm gonna skip around a little bit, but a vast army is coming against you. And so what do you do when a vast army of enemies start coming against you. So I always remember I'm speaking to you in spiritual terms. We recognize. Ephesians chapter six, verse twelve says, we're not wrestling against flesh and blood. People are not our enemies, but the spirit that influences people can be our enemy. All right, We're wrestling against principalities, powers, wickedness, and darkness. I've taught you a lot on breaking that down. What power they have, what influence they have, how they operate, etc. So what should you do when an army comes against you, or when an army comes against God's people, or when an army an enemy comes against God's people, or an enemy comes against the church? Right? The first thing that it says, it says alarmed. He was alarmed. You know you should. There should be something sounding off in you that says, hold up, jehosephat resolved. There should be a resolution in every believer to stand for God, for me and my house, I will serve the Lord. There should be a resolution because we should not be carried away with every wind of doctrine. The Bible says. And Paul looks at Galatians. He says, you Galatians who so easily bewitched you. How did this happen that you were an entire region was bewitched? And so he says, alarm, Jehosaphat resolved to inquire of the Lord. You see it like when David was at Ziglag before he goes design. Ziglag is the battle before the breakthrough. It's the worst moment of David's life for seventeen years. He's anointed to be king. As a kid, he was an anointed as a young one by the prophet Samuel that horn would not release the old until it got over his head, even though his daddy wouldn't put him in the lineup, didn't believe in him. But then he's anointed. And though he's anointed to be king, he doesn't go right into that position. He's with these men that are distressed and dead and discouraged, and they're misfits, and yet they come and you know the story. It's the battle and right at zig Lag and they burn the city, they take their wives, they take their children, and David pursues them. He inquires of the Lord first, he inquires of the Lord. He doesn't just go out his natural instinct because he's a fighter, I'm sure would be go good as stuff. Go go kill them all, go slew them, you know, go after it. But what does he do? He inquires of the Lord. It's important before we make a move, we inquire of the Lord. It's important before you make a move for your family, make a move as a ministry, make a move in your life, that you inquire of the Lord, so that we seek God. How do we do that in prayer and meditation through his word? So he inquires of the Lord, and he proclaimed a fast for all of Judah. That's an important part of our spiritual life, to pray, to seek God, and to fast. You go out to people fast. I wrote a whole book on it. There's twenty one different primary reasons why we fast. But the easiest way is fasting doesn't move God. Fasting moves you. It clears the clutter. It's like taking the channels and making them real clear. So all the fuzziness. Because life just has this way of getting stuff on you. Sometimes, I say, we live in a culture that just is bombarding you know, you get bombarded with messages that you don't know what to believe. Well, you've got to shut all that out and be still and know that I am God. You've got to get into the word of God. Hear from the voice of God. God speaks to his people. Amen, And it will always be in alignment with his word. So when we look, he says he proclaimed a fast for all of Judah. Now Judah is a portion of Israel, and says they all came together to seek help from the Lord. Now that's important because the Church unified. The Israelites were unified. May God unify his body right now, May God bring his body together. We're not going to all unify. It'd be great if all Americans were unified. That would be a true miracle, right, that would be an amazing thing that we could unify as Americans, we could unify as a country. But my hope is that the Church, the blood bought Church of Jesus Christ. Whether you're Methodist, whether you're Catholic, whether you're non and non denominational, whether you're Charismatic, whether you're Southern Baptist, if you say Jesus Christ is Lord, we are part of the body of Christ. Amen. If you believe in the Trinity, God, the Father, God, the Holy Spirit, God the Son. If you believe that Jesus Christ was crucified on an old rugged cross, buried in a borrow to and rose again on the third day, came to give you life, was path. He is the way, the truth to life. Then we are brothers and sisters, all right. So I came out of Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee. And then Assembly of God, which is the bigger, broke off of that. And you go, well, why did they break off? Because one could dance and one couldn't. Now that doesn't really matter if you dance or not dance. I mean, are you going to is a heaven or he issue? Absolutely no. But that's how we got all these schisms. But that those are the minor things, not the major things. Right, So may the Church of God, not the literal Church of God, the Church of God, the larger church be unified. Saw one thirty three, How pleasant it is amen for my brethren to dwell together. So they all came together to seek help from the Lord. Verse five. Then Jehozah fat watch this stood up. You have to get up. You have to take a stand. You already know that if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything. This is not the time to sit back. This is not the time to be quiet. And times like this you can't be flaky in times like this. There are times that you can kind of, you know, go all right, things are you know, they're they're kind of But there are times that everything's black and white and you just go for me and my house. We stand for the Lord, all right. Jehoseph stood up because why eight to ten nations were coming to take down those that were in covenant with God. So we stood up. When they're coming to take down the church, when they come to take down those that are in covenant with God, you've got to stand. You've got to stand up. And Jjoseph hat stood up in the assembly. Watch this of Judah and Jerusalem at the temple. And this is where my heart goes out right now, because I cry out for pastors, I cry out for prophets, apostles, teachers. I cry out for those that are in ministry priests to stand up, to take a stand for the Lord, to take a stand for his house. Because they stood up in the assembly of Judah and Jerusalem at the Temple of the Lord. And he said, so where did they stand? I mean, watch, you're gonna find out. When they stood up, God stood up. When they stood up, God stood up, and they stood up at the House of God, the House of God has to take a stand. Come on, the Church has to take a stand. The Church must take us hand and say, right is right if no one's doing it, and wrong is wrong if everyone's doing it. And watch what he says, O, Lord, God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven? Watch the prayer very similar to how we pray. God. Aren't you the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you. Oh our God, did you not drive out the inhabitants of this land before your people Israel and give it forever to the descendants of Abraham, your friend. He's saying, Look, aren't you in covenant with us? Remind God of your covenant when you're praying for your children, when we're praying over this nation. Remind God of the covenant that he has with us. You're in covenant with God, and God God is a covenant keeping God. This is not like Oh I think, I hope, I wish this is not high expectation of hopeful wishing. God is a covenant keeping God, and God will not fail his covenant. And he says, God, did you not drive out the inhabitants of this land before your people Israel? And this is a word for you right now, and give it forever to the descendants of Abraham, your friend. They have lived in it and have built in it a sanctuary for your name. That's important because God always wanted a sanctuary. He always wanted a dwelling place, both a physical and a spiritual dwelling place. And whether it was a tent, whether it's an altar, I can take you through it. Abraham, what was the difference between Abraham and law Lot was a leech because he just wanted to suck out the life of Abraham. Abraham was always building an altar for God. And so Moses in the wilderness, they pitched a tent and God gave him the dimensions. David was to build the temple. Solomon would actually build it because David was a man of bloody hand, a man of war, and so he was always There was always a temple, there was always a house, whether it was a tent and altar God says, make me a place, meet me there. Three times a year. You've got to meet me in a place that I'm going to tell you of to bring me. And it was the feast seasons, all right. Then they'd have to meet God because it was always important that God has a people and a place that meet with him, a people and a place. Hagi makes it very clear. He says, look, there's holes in your pocket because you built your houses, but you left my house in ruins. So it was always important and always has been important to God. So he says, they have lived in it and have built in it a sanctuary for your name. So he's saying, look, we've built a sanctuary for your name. Watch what he says, saying, if calamity comes upon us, whether the sword of judgment, our plague, our famine, we will stand in your presence before this temple that bears your name and will cry out to you in our distress, and you will hear us and save us. Why do you think we meet in the house of God to cry out to God? Because God says, meet me, Let my people meet me at my place to cry out for my name's sake. Listen, that's what God always has done. So what happens after they get up? God gets up? Watch verse fourteen. They answered, then the spirit of the Lord came upon them, Jehazel, So the spirit of God didn't even come upon them when all these enemies were lining up against them, when they're sitting in their distress, when they're going through it. It's not until they say, Hey, God, we're getting up in your house and this is what we're saying. We're holding you to your covenant in your house. We're crying from your house. And when that happens, the spirit of the Lord came upon them. And the spirit of the Lord came upon Jehezel's son of Zachariah, son of Ben and Ayah. Why is this important? Son of j L's son of Maniah a Levite? And descended asif why does he always go into genealogy? Because it's important that you produce godly fruit. It's important. Listen, you don't have to raise up ten thousand pastors. You don't have to build, you know, fifty businesses. God says, I'm gonna give you offspring. Because the one thing, there's certain certain things that God seeks out. He seeks those who worship him in spirit and truth. He seeks for someone to stand in the gap and make up the hedge, and he seeks for people to leave imposterity. It's important that you leave spiritual fruit in your offspring. It's important. The greatest thing you can do is a spiritual inheritance. It's the greatest gift you can give. It's better than you given ten million dollars, is better than any trust fund. The greatest inheritance you will ever lead is a spiritual inheritance, because if you give them a spiritual inheritance, you'll give them the ability to do anything in life, the ability to be who they were created to be, the ability to make their own money. Come on the ability. It's great if you can leave the money. It's great if you can leave them other things, manners and good things. But the greatest thing you leave, you leave your offspring a spiritual inheritance. As he stood up in the assembly, so God got up. They got up, and this is what he says. Do not be afraid, and do not be discouraged. Don't have a nervous breakdown because of this vast army. I don't care what it looks like is what God's saying, I don't care how many are arrayed against you. It doesn't matter how outnumbered you look. For the battle is not yours, but it is the Lord's. Somebody needs to know that. For this nation, come on, for your family, for your finances, for whatever you're facing. The battle is not yours, but the battle belongs to the Lord. Don't try to take matters in your own hands, because God says, vengeance is mine. Verse twenty Jehosah pat says, listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem. Have faith in the Lord your God, and you will be upheld. Have faith in his prophets and you will be successful. Say He says, have faith in the Lord your God, and have faith in his prophets. Then he appointed men to sing to the Lord and praise him for the splendor of his holiness. As they were out before the army, saying, get thanks to the Lord for his love endures forever. Says, they begin to sing in praise to the Lord. You know what happens. God sets ambushes against the enemies, and they were defeated. And it takes them three days to collect the plunder, three days to collect all the spoil. So the result is this in verse twenty nine, the fear of the Lord Elder Herod. The fear of the Lord came upon all the kingdoms of the countries when they heard how the Lord had fought against the enemies of Israel. This is always God's desire to bring all eyes back to him. The fear is not I'm afraid of you, it's the reverence.
Speaker 3: And the respect comes back to God. The glory comes back to God.
Speaker 2: Now that's important because as we're talking about Psalm eighty three, who said let us occupy the House of God, there were ten nations that said, let us take it over. Let us be a bigger organization than God's Church, let us have more power, let us have more this, let us have more that they were saying, let us occupy, and we'll get into that the house of God. But I've already taught to the House of God matters. It's all about verse twelve. Let us take to ourself. The house is of God in possession. So we've already studied Hebrews. I'm not going to go through a ten Verse twenty four and twenty five, let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works, not forsaking, an assembling of ourself together as the manner of some is, but exhorting one another, and so much more, as you see the day approaching. Assembling means a complete collection of people at the same place, and so in Psalm forty seven, verse nine, the Princess, which means volunteers of the people are gathered together. The volunteers of the people are gathered together, even the people of God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong unto God, he says, When you you gather together, you become the shield of the earth, which belongs to God. We become a mighty shield in the earth that pushes back the force of darkness. As we gather together. Our praise corporately matters. Our worship corporately matters. Come on, I'm coming together, our fellowship, our taking of the Eucharus corporately matters. It matters individually, but it matters corporately. Psalm fifty, verse one of five. Gather my saints together, and to me those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice. Our sacrifice matters. I went into Ecclesiastics five to one. The literal translation is guard thy steps as thou were going to the House of God and approach to here, to hearken and to do, and not to give the sacrifice of fools, for none of them have knowledge of doing evil. They offer gifts for their sins and do not turn from their evil works, for they know not. They distinguish not between good and evil. So we've studied so much of this that Romans twelve five says we have so we being many, are one body in Christ, and everyone members of another. So we have to understand that we're part of something that is bigger than just ourself, the bride of Christ, God's Church. And we have a responsibility. This is the key part. You're ready responsibility to our position, our protection, and our preservation of the church. That's why it matters. When I just said we won, Maybe you go, well, I didn't do anything to win. Well, sure we did. We've been praying, and your prayers go before the throne room of God. Come on, and it matters. Every time we win a victory for religious liberty, we went a victory for people of all faith. We went a victory for church. We went a victory. Psalm chapter eighty three, verse twelve, who said, let us take to ourself the houses of God. To possession. Houses means this pastures, pleasant places, and habitation. So what does the enemy want? He wants a habitation of the presence, the pasture, and the place of God. Remember Exodus, chapter twenty five, verse eight. Let them make me a sanctuary, a dwelling place, a homestead, a place that I can have habitation, not just visitation. And who's trying to take possession? Possession means to occupy. And this is where I'm going today in the next thirty minutes, to occupy by driving out previous tenants, to possess in their place, or to rob them of their inheritance, so they will come to poverty. So you've got to ask yourself, what's the force that wants to pull you away from the house of God. What is it that tries to tell you that this doesn't really matter. What is it that tries to tell you that it's really not real? What is that spirit that separates you from the fabric of the family of God. What is the enemy or the devil that tries to rob you of your inheritance of producing godly fruit? So what wants to move you from the habitation of God? From the present, from the pastors of God. What's that influence that tells you the House of God is not all that important? And that's where we're going. You ready, so say bring it on, Pastor Paula. So we've talked about the importance of the House of God, and I just laid a small foundation. So let's talk about the influence of the House of God. What influence is it that wants to tell you that the House of God is not important to you? The devil is a liar because you're something bigger than just your individual self. You're not a single letter in the alphabet. You're the whole alphabet, all right. You're a member of the body of Christ. Now that's important because you have a responsibility for the preservation, for the protection. If it's important to God, it has to be important to us. So the strategy of the enemy is to take possession of the House of God. Let's look at Matthew chapter twelve, verse twenty two through thirty seven and read you a bit. But this is important. If you get this principle, you're gonna get it right. Then was brought into him Jesus one possessed with the devil, blind and dumb, and he healed him. Now, notice something that before Jesus ever does any healing, he always deals with the devil. He always there's not healing and stuff that he first deals with the spirit that's got a person in bondage. There has to be if you have any kind of ministry, if there's an anointing on you, the anointing destroys the yoke. It doesn't just remove it, It destroys it, which means to annihilate it. So the anointing, God's manifested presence deals with whatever has people in bondage. As I preach, people get set free as we worship. It's not just that you get healed, you're first getting freedom because whatever is holding you in that place, whatever that demonic entity is. Now, as a Christian, you can't be possessed, but you certainly can be oppressed. So then he was brought into him when possessed with the devil, blind and dumb, and he healed him insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and salt, and all the people were amazed and said, is not this the son of David? But when the Pharisees heard it, they said this fellow watch does not cast out devils. They weren't concerned about the healing. They were upset that he was getting people free.
Speaker 1: Taumah continues her important message next time on Paula Today, God is the same, yesterday, today, and forever more Hebrews thirteen eight. Give and it will be given to you good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, It will be put into your lap Luke six point thirty eight. If God is speaking to you to be a blessing, and so a generous ministry gift into the fertile soil of Paula White Ministries. Call the toll free number, go to the website, write the po box, or simply text p WM to the number on your screen right now from your smartphone. Your generous support will help millions of people through this ministry, including reaching the world with the priceless gift of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, transforming lives, healing hearts, and winning souls. Every day. Through this television program and the live preaching ministry of Paula White, Cain and Jonathan King are feeding outreachies providing food, clothing, household furniture and goods to those in need. In the local community and around the nation. Our emergency relief efforts working with other ministries, providing rapid response with food and relief supplies to victims of tragic fires in Hawaii and LA, floods in Texas and North Carolina, plus going into prisons, ministering in the streets, and making a difference in communities. Thank you and God bless you.
Speaker 3: I love the Word because it revealed to me that I needed to be saved. But with God working with me, the Holy Spirit leaving and guiding me, giving me his mind his wisdom, my life has transformed. I was able through the power of the basis of the blood of Jesus Christ, break generational curses. My son and his children will not go through all the hardships that I went through, and neither do yours. How, Paula, how do I have eternal life? How do I make sure Heaven is my home? And how do I live life fully abundantly here on earth? Receive Jesus Christ. And if you've never done that, pray this prayer with me right now. Say Father God, I come to you in the name of Jesus, forgive me for all my sin. I receive Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior.
Speaker 2: If you prayed that prayer, welcome to the Family of God. Is it really that easy.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the first step, but it's not the life step. Go to the website at Paulawhite dot org. Send me your prayer request and your praise report that you just received Jesus Christ. I want to do life with you, and while you're there, get your free digital download. No gimmick, nothing to it, just I want to bless you. I want to give you the building blocks to faith. What is salvation? I love you, I'd love to be your pastor. Let's do life together and God bless you.
Speaker 1: Because of the faithful support and prayers of ministry partners and friends, we are able to transform lives, heal hearts, and win souls worldwide through the outreaches of Paula White Ministries. Our global gospel outreach reaching hundreds of millions of people online and the daily Paula Today television program broadcasted in potentially one hundred and ninety countries, are massive food and household outreaches, distributing truckloads of food weekly, totally over twenty nine million pounds of food in the last four years and millions of dollars a new household furniture to those in need. Our disaster relief efforts delivering multiple tractor trailer truckloads and hurricane disaster relief, Helping to bring hope and rebuild communities, Impactful outreach events like our annual Back to School Bash, Thanksgiving table in the Wilderness, and children's Christmas outreach. Community transformation adopting places like the hurricane ravage town of Chimney Rock, North Carolina, as well as help rebuild a moshav in Israel destroyed in the October seventh massacre. Advocacy for Biblical Values spearheading organizing, educating, and activating church leaders to bring back Biblical Values in America, to the National Faith Advisory Board and the annual National Faith Summit. And we have so much more to do in twenty twenty six. Your much needed prayers and support help sustain and expand these vital ministries, bringing hope, restoration, and the transformative power of the Gospel to those millions in need. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Prayer changes things and we want to pray for you today. Go topollowhite dot org slash prayer right now and send us your prayer request. One of our intercessors will receive it and immediately begin praying for you, declaring God's word over your life for your needs.
Speaker 1: The preceding program has been made possible through the faithful prayers and generous support of our partners and friends in this viewing area.