Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Don't let DP know he slid into your DMS. Don't let them know we're bribing you. I'm Steve Lobre Maswappo Covino, Steve Covino. That is Rich Davis, Danny g Sam spot Roll.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: Spot's getting ready for Midweek major this hour.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a fun hour, the biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture. And we're also giving away prizes in just a few seconds. But I hope you had a great Tuesday night. A Magic Warriors sort. Tonight Warriors came out to play in a battle over the Grizzlies, so props to them, and of course tonight heating the Bulls, MAVs and the Kings. And thank you guys for hanging out with us live from Mercedes Benz Studio. Tyrack dot COM's the official tire expert and retailer of The Dan Patrick Show. Go to tyraq dot com slash Dan and try the tire decision guys. Yeah, the full line of General tires special offers free road hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tire act dot Com the way tire Buying should be general times. We had a lot of fun today so far. I feel like there's a theme of today's show and it has to stay three of the Dan Patrick Hatrick. There's a little bit of delusion, there's a little bit of you know what happens when you get to the top in sports or media or acting. A lot of themes today, and I think there's one more story that we're going to get to in a few minutes. It has to do with delusion and it has to do with Cam Jordan delusion or realistic. But before we get to that story, two things. Number One, we were talking about hot TV moms and someone brought up Suzanne Summers. Of course from Step by Step. What if you want to go further back, of course Three's Company is that where she, in your mind, made her mark.
Speaker 5: But she was just a mama on that show, not a y. But on Step by Step she was a mom, Yes she was.
Speaker 2: But I have to play this only because I guarantee most people have never heard it. Cavino and I discovered this years ago, you know, just looking up dumb stuff on social media scrolling. There was an original theme to Three's Company. We all know for the pilot. Yeah, we all know. Come on, knock, come on dog, come on, I'm a doe waiting for you.
Speaker 4: We've been waiting for you. People know that.
Speaker 2: But the original was an instrumental and it was so seventies. Just take a listen to the OG pilot theme song to Three's Company.
Speaker 4: That riff is still rocking though, Do do Do Do Do do.
Speaker 2: Dudey doody do do. Maybe it was just like place filler because they didn't have the words yeah, and they were like, we have the foundation, we don't have New Yorks yet. But this was on the pilot episode. You could find it on YouTube. So it's just like sitting on the dock of the bay right when Otis Redding's doing the whistle.
Speaker 4: That the end of the song. That's a sadder thing though nice.
Speaker 2: He's like out of lyrics, Yeah, that was just filler, and they're like, yeah, you know what, we're just gonna roll with that.
Speaker 4: No to play as out well, I know.
Speaker 2: The sad part of the story, the sad real part of the story is that it was meant.
Speaker 4: To be lyrics.
Speaker 2: The ending of Otis Redding sitting by the dock of the bay. That's Cavino so perfectly whistled. Thank you by the way you are like, I'm a whistling champion. That's a topic for another day. Best song with a whistle in it, patience, Guns n' Roses, or maybe some billy joel.
Speaker 6: Whistling in public? Does it get under your skin? It does mine. I like a little west Okay with a whistle, a little whistling in public. Someone's whistling like it's the nineteen forties and.
Speaker 2: Someone's good mood. I feel like whistling spring am I stapad nick lamb my pocket all right, Mickey mouse. So I look at it this way. Whistling is a good mood thing. But that otis redding song is a sad story. I did not know this Sitting by the Dock of the Bay, which is a classic hit. That guy died way young, and he passed away in a tragic plane crash, and that song had not been completed yet, so that whistle was filler until they figured out how to end the song.
Speaker 4: He dies.
Speaker 2: They released that song after he had passed away, and they're like, you just keep the whistle in it. I didn't know that it's a classic part of that's the best part of the song. So you learn something here. Since I joined the Doug Gottliebs. Usually I'm on that show for you guys, and I teach you college basketball blocking. He doesn't teach your fun facts like this. Well, I close out every week. Here's how you box someone out, Sam.
Speaker 6: Final the Final Friday Rejoin, I play sitting on the dock of the bay. And I didn't know that with the whistling, see because he's at the coach at u W.
Speaker 4: Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Now I wonder if he knows that. I hope I was right then, Sam. Now we're gonna do something that we just started a week ago. We're gonna bring it here to the Dan Patrick Show before we get into Midweek Major. We like to give you some words of wisdom because we Covino and Rich sort of lack when it comes to that. We're the worldwide leaders of nonsense. I feel like I give good advice, but I mean we're telling ry, We're tell like words of wisdom. So Mike who runs his place, who I mean? I thought he was like our dad's age. I remember calling him, you look like an old stone cold He's like, I'm younger than him, and I felt like an ass, right, right, But Mike is great since we worked here at Fox Sports Radio. I think a lot of people that listen to Wes in the afternoon don't realize that Mike is a big part of what we do every day.
Speaker 4: We get here, Me, Covino, Danny g.
Speaker 2: Spot, the whole crew sits down and Mike is a big part of our pre show meetings and he's become a good friend of the show.
Speaker 4: He's like the Confucius of the show kind of. I mean, I think he thinks he's a confusist of the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like when we brainstorm, he always like has some like wisdom that he throws in there, and like a guy, that's a good point, right.
Speaker 4: You know, Guys, I've always said so, I've always said.
Speaker 2: So, we said you don't, Mike, Why don't once a week you just drop a nuggetive knowledge and you can pass along to the Fox Sports Radio world.
Speaker 4: So it's a little something new. Take a listen.
Speaker 1: It's time for the guy that runs this place.
Speaker 5: Just for clarification, guys, Big Mike does not run this place.
Speaker 4: He is not in charge of everything. He has no power over really anybody here. He does not run this place.
Speaker 1: It's Big Mike's words of wisdom on a Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, if you don't want anyone to be critical of your opinions, stop saying stupid stuff.
Speaker 4: That's his words and wisdom. That's good. That's good, good advice.
Speaker 2: If you don't want people to be critical of your opinions, stop saying stupid that's good. Now, okay, Yeah, he's always sharing wisdom with us. We want to share some with you, and thank you, Mike, thank you.
Speaker 5: No, we're passing the torture onto you. You know, we hear these things at the white pre show table meeting, but normally we don't have to share that.
Speaker 2: By the way, let it be known that people of all colors allowed at the table.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure.
Speaker 5: It just happens to be a white table in a blue white in a blue kitchen.
Speaker 4: Mean knows brown. By the way, So Mike's words a wisdom. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So here's the thing I thought. You know, if we're torturing the audience and they are forced to listen to Big Mike, who doesn't run this place, why not pass a swiggy onto you. So if you can call in and the guys will give you the number, here in a second, if you could call in and repeat Big Mike's words of wisdom word for word, just like that, you win a stainless steel seeing our swiggy.
Speaker 2: But it's got to be word for word, Yes, sir, all right, and you heard it, now repeat it. We'll take your phone calls at eight. Wait one more time, now ninety nine on Fox. That phone number slow ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 5: The real numbers, not the letters. No, uh, Covino, give the phone number, but not the letters. Not on Fox eight.
Speaker 2: Seven seven nine sixty three sixty nine.
Speaker 4: There you go. When people give it the letters, I'm like, I don't know how to dial like.
Speaker 2: That seven nine sixty three sixty nine. If you can get it word for word, we'll give away our coveted swiggy.
Speaker 4: So shake it out, light them up and call us. Now here we go. So listen. Now you've got to repeat this word for word everything you should. I think you heard it. What is it? Agree? I think we really We said it. We played it once and Rich repeated it. But this is the first time we're doing a giveaway. All right, Well, we're showing you how it works one last time, one last time.
Speaker 3: If you don't want anyone to be critical of your opinions. Stop saying stupid stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, you can't mess it up though. Pressure's on, Mike.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Thank you Mike, and now it's time to talk about delusion or realistic or as the kiddos say, big dreaming bra He's de Lulu now. Cam Jordan, a very likable NFL star New Orleans Saints, was on the NFL Network within the last week. As we all get ready for the NFL Draft, we're trying to figure out, you know what, what what team is going after a quarterback? Is there any more clarity in New Orleans as far as what they're doing with Derek Carr? You know, as you said yesterday, Danny g he's busy doing videos on YouTube about Electric Betley's or whatever he's.
Speaker 4: Doing Rolls Royce.
Speaker 5: So a lot of the mock drafts now have the Saints selecting a quarterback with their pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you got to ask yourself, where are the Saints at? And my answer was your Saints at at last year when we did our preseason predictions. And I'm not a big prediction guy. I like gambling like everyone else does. But in the studio. We have our annual little chart and you know we picked Super Bowl winner MVP. We all make our fun little predictions to see if anyone at the end of the year is close to being right. Last year, when it came to worst team in the NFL, that was one of the categories, I was quick to be like Saints and if you remember, they won their first like two games, I'm like, oh damn, look at that. Not too shabby. But then they ended up five and twelve.
Speaker 5: So you said, the whole time you didn't believe that they were a good way, but they weren't the worst.
Speaker 2: The Patriots were worse, the Raiders were worse by but they were the worst in the NFC South. I look at it this way. I thought all along they were the worst, and I feel like they were tied for last in the NFC South to be accurate, because the Panthers were also five and twelve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now, Rich Rattler got in and played, and Saints fans weren't exactly happy with what they saw. So to clarify, there were some mock drafters who already had the Saints maybe taking Shador Sanders if he's still on the board it's gonna be really interesting because there's there are some analysts who think the Saints really need to move up to get one of the top two quarterbacks in this draft.
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't matter what we think. One of the star one of the lone star players on the team, one of the only people that I think is a bright spot. Cam Jordan was on the NFL Network and he said something to the effect of when healthy, and I have to say went healthy, because that was part of the that was part of the deeper conversation.
Speaker 4: He had, and that's that's a key point though.
Speaker 2: He said, quote, I think we have a team when healthy that's top two in the league. Top two in the league.
Speaker 4: He said winning.
Speaker 2: He also said that winning the NFC South was attainable, and I think that's a positive outlook. Why not, I mean, unhealthy, you have to have some sort of belief in your team or why are you playing. When I hear that part of it, that's a little more like, oh, well, now you're talking the winning the NFC South is attainable, because I mean the fucking in your way. But it's not like they're superstars. They're not the Eagles, They're not they're not the Buffalo there, scrappy, tough team. It's like, it's not like the Saints are in the AFC North where everyone's pretty damn good. That's that is a trash division. So I do think it's attainable. Definitely attainable. I mean, it's all like Atlanta disappointed a lot of people last year. Tampa and Baker that's a good team, but you know, a couple injuries, a couple of things go wrong, that team could easily slide under five hundred and the Panthers, you're assuming that is this the year Bryce Young and that team gets it together. So NFC South attainable. Yeah, that's that's not crazy talk. But when healthy a top two team, So I ask you, do you like when people are optimistically delusional or do you rather when people keep it real? See, it's okay to say these things because we haven't seen anything yet, right, and he's a veteran player. I think he's just trying to stay positive and show leadership. He even said that I'm going to have to take over on the leadership side. So he's trying to say the right things. And I think that's fine, that's great. You want to have that attitude heading into a season. That's what you want to hear. So I think that is good. I think that's realistic. I think he does believe that, and I think he has to, you know, convince the other young teammates that it is possible, it is attainable, and that's where winning begins. So I do like that. I don't look at it as delusional. I look at it as yeah, the possibility is there. But when it does bother me is when, like, you know, your team stinks, and yet they're still just saying the right things for the headlines for the press, and you're like, you know, you don't believe that, Like as a Yankees fan, it often bothers me. Like my only criticism about Aaron Boone is that he's way positive all the time. He's like, dude, that guy stinks to the high heavens and you're still defending him. Or that was the worst play ever and you're still defending your team, or on the worst losing streak possible and you're still trying to find they're close. You're still trying to find that silver lining or positive side of it. Like sometimes you want to hear the realistic side of it. And they're just still being really positive. But sometimes that's what good leaders do. They're trying to trying to keep things positive, trying to give you something to root for.
Speaker 4: So that's when it rubs me the wrong way.
Speaker 2: But as far as like right now, before the season starts, and when you preface it with when healthy, I don't think they're delusional at all. I think they can take the NFC south when healthy, I will say something you said, I don't even think you realize it was smart.
Speaker 4: You just said it. We think you think. I don't think before I talk to That.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you know, sometimes like a clock, a broken clock is still right twice a day. It was a broken clock. So you said sometimes I think you realize it was smart. Sure, you said that when no game has been played yet, anyone could really say anything because you're right. It's not like mid season where your team's twenty games on the five hund you're like, I think we're great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not.
Speaker 2: In other words, if you're leading into a fight right and it's press day, you should have this belief that I'm gonna knock this guy out in the third round. This guy's a chump, he's a bump. I'm here to win, man, I had the best camp. I'm here to train. That's the confidence you need and that every athlete should have and that's why they're professionals.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: But if he still has the attitude after he got his ass knocked out, after they stopped the fight in the third round, you're like, oh, this guy's delusional. Yeah, listen if it's or if it's a decision, he's like, I still won that fight, even though every judge had him losing. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I'm not buying that anymore. It lost, it went to distance, he lost eleven rounds to one. He's like, yeah, I figure I still won that fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Having that attitude, the heading into things, I think that's where you need to be well as a competitor. I'm glad you said that, because until something happens, we as fans got to be real for a second and say we don't know as much as the personnel, the coaches and the people actually there. That's that's why every year when the NFL Draft happens, you're gonna hear blowhards like Melk Kuiper and these is that a vampire or Melk Kuiper ah ah ah one two three downs ah ah A first.
Speaker 4: Pick, one two three, three picks ah ah. I think it's the count.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When you hear blowhards talking about the NFL draft and they think they got it solved, like this guy's gonna be a mel Kiper is a blow hard. I think he's like a know it all kind of guy. The same thing though, blowhard act think that we we work with a few of them. Okay, you're right, I'm sorry, my apologies, know it all, But then that's part of the charm. I guess right, it is. But there's guys that act like here's my draft board, I got it right, And it's like every year, without fail, it's like.
Speaker 4: Good bust, bust bust, good bust bust.
Speaker 2: Good player, late round guy, Wow, that Lamar Jackson slipped that far, but yet you know they took uh Mitch Rmitsky. Every year it's no one really knows until a game is played. And I bring that up because as a Mets fan going into the season, I was very excited about the lineup. I'm like Lindor Soto, Alonzo, Vientos Nimo, like this is the Mets best lineup maybe can you hear me out? Maybe ever, it might be the best Mets lineup ever. And I said, you know what, the weaknesses starting pitching. And I saw the coaching staff be like, man, the starting pitching is gonna be sick, and I'm like, delusional. Meanwhile, the Mets are in first place right now, the lineup's cold as hell, and the Mets have the best team in baseball. So hold on because I remember thinking like, wait, you're trying to tell me because you don't know. You try to know me Clay Holmes, Tyler McGill, Peterson, Canning, and Senga that that's your elite.
Speaker 4: I mean rotation.
Speaker 2: As a Mets fan, Rich, can I remind you of Jacob de Gram because again people are saying Cam Jordan's delusional to think that they could win the NFC South and that they're gonna have a good team. He said, went healthy, he believes it. Perhaps he knows some things. He's on the team.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Plus he's taking a leadership roight. I called this the Jacob de Gram theory.
Speaker 4: We laughed.
Speaker 2: You laughed as a Mets guy when he said he was leaving the Mets to play for the Rangers because he believed in their winning attitude and winning culture like the Rangers. We laughed about it, Man, what is he? Is he delusional? Is he just feeding us lines here? But perhaps he knew something that we didn't. In fact, he did the Range de Grom and the in Creed took that team to a championship and even without him because he was hurt.
Speaker 4: So but you thought he was delusion.
Speaker 2: It was a delusional thought that it was like, oh, you know what, maybe he does no more than we know, so always keep that in mind. So you know what, With that said, I wish Cam Jordan and the Saints all the luck in the world.
Speaker 4: And it would be.
Speaker 2: Pretty funny if that team had a winning record, did surprise everyone, and Cam Jordan could be like, yeah, I knew it because we talked about how injuries could play such a role. Look at my forty nine ers last year, Cavino. They went from NFC championship in Super Bowl year after year after year. A couple guys get hurt, locker room gets a little discouraged. You know, veterans are aging. Things could change real quick. So we shall see. Good luck to the Saints. Now you want to try to get a winner for this game and then we'll get into midweek major exactly. So if you could repeat word for word Big Mike, who runs this place Wednesday words of wisdom, you could win a coveted swiggy.
Speaker 5: Who do we got, dannyg all right, where do you guys want to start? Orlando, Florida, Middletown, Ohio, Torrance, California, Yellow Springs, Ohio, Santa Rosa, California, or Eugene organ.
Speaker 2: You know what, our pal, Guy Fieri lives up in Santa Rosa. Yeah, it's a beautiful area. And I like the name. I believe that's Matthias. No Matthias, Matthias.
Speaker 4: You no, no Matthias, Rich let's go with that. Mattheus. All right, I like the name you never said I said earlier, Katie Katy. Yeah, he's so. All's forgiven. Samuel L.
Speaker 5: Johnson, give us some deep thinking music there, and Matthias, are you ready to try to win a swiggy?
Speaker 4: Mattheus, you got to get it word for word, word for word. You got to copy, Big Mic it is Matthias.
Speaker 1: And uh, if you don't want people to be critical of your opinion, not saying stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, word for word for word. That's how you do it.
Speaker 2: You just want our coveted swingy stainless steel Midnight, Black Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. It's really a nice water bottle for your kid to lose at school. At school quick, but uh yeah, we'll listen back when last time.
Speaker 4: Something to think about.
Speaker 3: If you don't want anyone to be critical of your opinions, stop saying stupid stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, there's a lot of people, a lot of people in the sports media world that you're listening to Big Mike's advice, A lot of people say dumb stuff.
Speaker 5: Pea Man torture on to you, Matthias, Congrats. We're gonna mail out a swiggy to Santa Rosa nice.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, and please continue to check out our show. We're not just giving out prizes because we're nice guys. We want you to listen to our show Monday through Friday, five to seven on the East, two to four on the West.
Speaker 4: Now, when we.
Speaker 2: Come back mid week, major the biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture. We decide if they're mid stories, weak stories, or major stories. Can't wait, We do it next right here, give you no rich In for the great Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: You could catch us.
Speaker 2: Weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific.
Speaker 4: On Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's.
Speaker 4: Going on in the world.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 4: I mean that says something, right. So check us out.
Speaker 2: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 4: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 2: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media. That's Covino and Rich, Steve Covino and Rich Davis Covino and Rich in for Dan Patrick Day three of the Dan Patrick Patrick and again, I hope you had a Magic Warriors sword tonight tonight, some good games, heat Bulls, MAVs, Kings. And I hope you paid your taxes yesterday, and I hope you enjoyed Jackie Robinson Day. I want to tip my Brooklyn Dodgers hat to the great Jackie Robinson.
Speaker 4: Everybody rocking number forty two yesterday. It was cool to see.
Speaker 2: So having a great hump day gonna turn your hump day into a hump night. I don't know what that means, but hopefully something good and then the kids go to bed earlier. No. Yeah, we're live from Mersides Been Studios and we do this on our show again. We're on from two to four Monday through Friday. You can catch our podcasts. Just search Covino and Rich wherever you stream your podcast. Five to seven pm on the East and we also have a bonus pod over promise. But every Wednesday on our show we do something called mid Week Major.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Coveno and Rich get you over the middle of the week where mid Week Major. I love that we throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids.
Speaker 7: Says, we definitely major.
Speaker 1: See it our scoring Midweek Major.
Speaker 4: We go fast.
Speaker 5: We could give Spotty nine full minutes to me. When you hear the horns, you have made it to the middle of the week. Before we hand things over to the number one and only host of the segment. We like to roll the two big Red Love Dice in the main studio.
Speaker 2: Danny g Sticky Red Love Dice, the Giant Red Love Dice.
Speaker 4: I just rolled, mate. This is to see who gets first tape. Why are they sticky?
Speaker 3: You know? I ask?
Speaker 5: And a ritual it's got seven I will Tobrino gets to go first. And now, ladies and gentlemen, the most famous person besides Judy Bloom from Scotch Plains New Jersey, Spotty Boy.
Speaker 4: You know, I fall like three hours.
Speaker 7: I'd get like double the time, but I guess not all right, thanks the page back effect already taking shape in Dallas. The w NBA number one draft pick drafted to the Wings earlier this week, and ticket sales and prices have already seen a major spike. Beckers, who helped her Yukon Huskies win the twenty twenty five NCAA Championship, has been getting a lot of the tension to the court of obviously, so the ticketing site Psycheek said that sales on their site are up eleven times with a nine hundred and five percent increase in traffic. And if you want to have that for comparison, they're saying that when Caitlin Clark was announced that it was gonna was gonna be going to the Fever, that there was only a sixty percent increase in traffic for that, so huge increase to the for Dallas. And if you're curious, the average ticket price between Becker's and Clark their first face off is around five hundred dollars right now, So midweek or major.
Speaker 2: I do think is major, But I do think that is the Caitlin Clark aftermath.
Speaker 4: Is the Kaitlin Clark effect.
Speaker 2: Not to take away from Page Beckers, congratulations to the Yukon Husky and prop to the Dallas Wings. Spotty likes wings. Don't you like them? Don't you like them? And it's cool to see that increase, But I do think it's carry over from last year's hype and we're sort of prisoners of the moment.
Speaker 4: Will this sustain It depends how great she is.
Speaker 2: It would be way cooler if they actually wear the Dallas wings and it was like Buffalo wings. Yeah, Levin Pepper, please listen.
Speaker 4: This is this is major.
Speaker 2: Paige Becker's is fantastic and I have to be the real one in the room here though I can't. Uh, I can't allow all the cheerleading to go on without saying that numbers and statistics are meant to be.
Speaker 4: You know, you can manipulate numbers.
Speaker 2: When ticket sales go up eleven times, that means maybe last year they seld two hundred tickets, now they sold twenty two hundred tickets.
Speaker 4: So let's let's keep it real.
Speaker 2: No one's in love with the w NBA to the point where it's NBA level or anything substantial.
Speaker 4: Kitlin Clark has Kitlin Clark has the effect. But let's wait and see them still.
Speaker 2: On on the right track here more definitely on the right track. But when you say something like up nine five percent, I mean you got to think a way. The starting point is and I compared to salaries, and someone's making Jack Didley squat and it's like, hey, you get a ten percent raise. A ten percent raise of nothing is not that much Jack squat ever due to you, I know, but hey, I wish them well.
Speaker 4: All right over to the NBA.
Speaker 7: So Luca has officially dethroned Lebron James and Steph Curry when it comes to Jersey sales, becoming the highest selling NBA Jersey since the February sixth trade deadline. Sales on nbastore dot com up twenty one percent compared to last year, and that's primarily driven by Lucas trade to the Lakers, Steph Curry coming in at two, Lebron at three, of Jason Tatum at four and Jalen Brunson at five. And this is the first time that one of the top player Jersey hasn't been Lebron or Steph since the twenty twelve twenty thirteen season.
Speaker 4: The weaker Major Major ten year wretchord broken.
Speaker 2: I think this is a clear example of turning dilemmas into dilemonade. Poor guy gets dissed over to the Lakers. He didn't want to go, but look, he's making the best of it. Not the Lakers suck or anything like that. But he was happy and had unfinished business in Dallas. Now the fans are behind him and he's the number one selling jersey in a.
Speaker 4: League full of superstars at the NBA.
Speaker 2: If you're beating out Lebron and Curry and Tatum and all these dudes, I think you're doing something right.
Speaker 4: Props to him. I think it's.
Speaker 2: Major biggest trade in NBA history. I mean, we were in Vegas when it happened. I remember everyone of the casinos.
Speaker 4: Luca ad it was a big deal.
Speaker 2: And listen, you can take one of the biggest stars put him on the Los Angeles Lakers.
Speaker 4: This doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 2: I just got to ask if the Lakers somehow found a way to win the NBA title this year and Luca got there last year with the MAVs and fell just short. Is is Luca's legacy on a different level. That's I also think that some of these sales are coming from Dallas fans who were tired of Nico, want him fired, and they still support Luca as we saw recently had his homecoming. I think they're choosing to root for the player, not the team, but still in support of Luca. May as you're selling.
Speaker 4: Can I call out our coworker, Rob Parker? Wasn't it Rob Parker on the odd Couple that said he's impossible to root for?
Speaker 2: That was mad Dog Rob Parker too. I mean a lot of people then you know what impossible to root for? Are you sure about that little gig y?
Speaker 4: Oh he's yeah, he's got crocodile tear. Ro Rob said that he was crying, uh, you know, fake crying.
Speaker 2: But anyway, whoever said that, it's whoever says Luca's heart to root for Jersey Sales will say something different.
Speaker 4: Oh back to me, okay, next game.
Speaker 7: I know you guys are huge fans of like the World Baseball Classic, Love Baseball will It was announced that as the Olympics returned stateside, that baseball will be making a return to the Olympics when they come to the US and right here in LA for the twenty twenty eight Summer Olympics, and of course games will be held at the iconic Dodger Stadium. The Olympic Committe announced it yesterday on their social They couldn't be more excited for the stadium to host the Games in twenty twenty eight and at the iconic ballpark of Dodger Stadium. So Baseball A little behind the history of Baseball and the Olympics was started in nineteen hundred as a demonstration, became an official Olympics sport in nineteen ninety two in Barcelona, but was discontinued in two thousand and eight. Made a quick appearance in twenty twenty in Tokyo, but was off the roster. So now they're bringing it back because obviously baseball huge in the stall right now, major.
Speaker 2: Major, another major story, good stories, because look, I'm a huge baseball fan and you're putting baseball on a world stage. Baseball is an international sport more than ever, so I love that, and you know, I don't want to brush over the WBC two, the World Baseball Classic twenty twenty six. Aaron Judge is the captain, He's the one. But you bring it to twenty twenty eight. Now with the Olympics at Dodger Stadium, you have all these international fans experiencing the beautiful Dodger Stam's a great stadium. I think we're gonna see some highly competitive international baseball.
Speaker 4: Super fired up for it, man, I think that's great.
Speaker 2: You know, I agree everything is said, donnal need to repeat it, but I find it funny. Have you guys all seen the morons on social media when Aaron Judge was announced the captain of the twenty twenty six team and.
Speaker 4: People like, see, he's better than Otani He.
Speaker 2: Was named captain and people like, uh, you know O Tani is on team Japan. Well Tratt was the previous one. But yeah, back to spots story. Funny the Olympics. It's kind of cool too because when we were kids growing up rich which was what was one of the most coveted baseball cards.
Speaker 4: Do you remember the Mark McGuire USA car.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna have all that fun too, Like, yo, kids are gonna run well with that. One last question.
Speaker 2: We saw the show he star I'm sorry show hey show hey, Oh Tony honey.
Speaker 4: We've seen his star rise quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Could you know in the last year or so, right, Like, I mean he was in he was in baseball he was down in Anaheim with the Angels, but he wasn't the star he is now. Do you think the very beginning of Next Level Star was when he struck out Mike Trout to end the World Baseball Classic?
Speaker 4: Didn't hurt?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Is that like step one in Super Super Duperstar? That was big?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh tiny love. I love baseball on big stages like this, so major spot. I got to sneak in a draft story since it's coming up next week. University of Miami QB cam Ward expected to be one of the top, if not the first name called in next week's NFL draft, and may have dropped some hints as to where he's already headed. The twenty two year old was.
Speaker 7: Doing a Fortnite video game live stream I know you love those, and was asked about his top NFL running backs, responding with two stars from the Tennessee Titans. He was then asked about his favorite receivers, responding with two stars from the Tennessee Titans. So the Titans do have the first pick. Ward has already met with the team, so there has been speculation, but it seems like he's gonna be playing in Nashville next uh next.
Speaker 2: Year in video came definitely major cam Ward twenty two year old superstar throwing hints, dropping hints, by the way, I think it's major. For another reason, I feel like this is part of another trend that might be growing because where do a lot of young kids get their music from?
Speaker 4: Video games?
Speaker 2: Now we're dropping sports headlines via video game feeds on Fartnite, right, that's where.
Speaker 4: You get your scoop. That's crazy. I think it's major.
Speaker 2: It's pretty clear he's going to the Titans. Yeah, but he gave some info out there, but I uh, some live video games. But what I do love about it though, is uh, how you know, how blatant he was? Like what was the next question? Like, Hey, where's the best place to party? And he's like, probably Broadway in Nashville, Like, you know, it's gonna be a fun thing for that city because that's that that town is fantastic.
Speaker 4: And they're Thurston.
Speaker 2: They're like Thurston Howell the Third, They're Thurston for some some good quarterback action.
Speaker 4: So let's see we can't warn does hey, cam Warden, what's your favorite arrested development song? Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee.
Speaker 7: All right, Rich, Do you want a Jackson Mahomes story or do you want to hear about a fun cute gender reveal?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: Gender reveals because I like him in Okay, well, I don't know if you saw this, but Bryce Harpy Brough stink spot can Can that be my answer?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear about QR codes on Baseball's I also got that? Okay?
Speaker 7: Bryce Harbor able to share a special moment during Monday night's game as the Phillies took on the Giants. At home, he and his wife expecting another child his wife, Kayla. They already have three children. So during a team meeting, he revealed that his wife is expecting and enlistened to the help of teammate Trey Turner to help with the gender reveal. So Harper had two custom bats made by the same company that makes the torpedo bats Victors sports, one pink, one blue, and he handed it over to Turner and so like the dugout, you saw him like playing with the bats, like handing him the pick one and then headed in the blue one, had another pick one, eventually handed him the blue one.
Speaker 4: He walked out to take that bat, struck out but showed that he was having a boy.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 7: Phillies also went on to lose, which also sucks, but still is a special moment.
Speaker 4: Midweek or major should be major, but I'm going midge.
Speaker 2: Oh come on as mid First of all, gender reveals are corny, but this one's kind of creative and kind of shoot.
Speaker 4: You hate about it.
Speaker 2: You're a buzzkill because they're a big Look at me and watch me. Why I light something on fire and cause destruction?
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: There's so many stories where it's gone wrong. Once Blue Moon, these idiots to go overboarding, you hate it.
Speaker 4: This is amazing. Yeah, this is a really nice one. I like it.
Speaker 2: But if you're gonna bust out the blue bat and everyone's watching you in that moment, you gotta make some contact.
Speaker 4: You gotta get a hit in that moment. If you would have told me, yeah and he drove a double into the.
Speaker 2: Gap or oh man, he hit a bomb, he is the bomb that would have been the story is so much cooler. So I'm happy for Bryce Harper. I think he's a true rock star in the game. He's a superstar. I'm happy for his family, but the fact that he's struck out with the blue bat makes it less of a story. Cavino Captain Buzzkill, Captain underpants. I think it's great that I think it's major. I love Bryce Harper as a Mets fan. It pains me to say that. I think he's one of my favorite players in the game. He's so good for base and I congratulations to him and his wife. And I think gender reveals are fun and unless you just don't burn anything down or hurt anyone, otherwise, just fun times people celebrating great moments in their life.
Speaker 4: How could you hate on that? Yeah? Also, Jackson Mahome as a girlfriend, just so you know he likes girls. Get out of here's major?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: All right, we got more Cavino, Rich and for Dan Patrick. Next. Thank you, Spuddy, Thanks Boss. Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iheartradiop.
Speaker 2: Covino and Rich live from Mercedes Benz Studios. Most cars on the road, the Roaad Roaad could use a little TLC. At Maco, we bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs and light colision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get mako as you play. Number one by Nelly?
Speaker 4: Is it cam Ward? Is it definitely cam Ward? Is that like locked right? Ironically?
Speaker 2: Number one by Nelly one of his few songs that did not make it to number one In the two thousands. Nellie has had four number one songs. Do you think you can name them? Going back to the two thousands, which, by the way, you go to a bar, a club, an event anywhere. The two thousands is like a young kid's nostalgia, you know how if you grew up in the eighties or nineties, you have a soft spot in your heart for like, you know, some rando eighties cheese kids now like college kids look back at like, yeah, the two thousands, that's tro which is crazy.
Speaker 4: I can name two of them? What do you think? Helly here definitely so hot and so hot, hot in here, hot in here them.
Speaker 5: If you want to take a go and take a round with me right whatever it's called, did dilemma go number one?
Speaker 2: Ride with Me was a number three song. Dilemma with Kelly Rowland was number one for ten weeks, so Ride with Me was not a number one. Wow, Hot in Here. See there's one of them right that I can't even believe of all Nelly's can I can I guess one?
Speaker 4: Yea e I no? H yeah, really no no, it's not number one. So Hot in Here you got? So how did you play coming Back?
Speaker 2: Danny g You said Dilemma number one is what I played? You said, Kelly Rowland is.
Speaker 7: A country grammar on there.
Speaker 2: Country grammar is a great song spot, but country grammar made it to number seven.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Nellie has had four number one hits.
Speaker 2: You guys named two of them Dilemma with Kelly Rowland and Hot in Here the other one, it's a collaboration.
Speaker 4: Remember shake your Tail Feather with Diddy and Yeah, Murphy Lee.
Speaker 5: And all that.
Speaker 4: That was number one?
Speaker 3: Who did he? Who? Who? Who?
Speaker 4: Where the party at? With Jagged Edge? Close Big number one with Tim.
Speaker 2: McGraw over Renovo, the one that made it to number one. I feel like is Nelly's like tenth best song, And I'm like, how did this make it to number one?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: He has more hits th in One, Soda, Girlfriend, within Sync, Nope, My Place with Jaheim, Get It Popping with Fat Joe. I mean Nelly did more duets and Sinatra. The one that he that he got to number one with is one that I never would have thought.
Speaker 4: It was a duet. Danny g open your mouth, let me see your teeth. Got that Grill was number one with Paul Wall. I would never guessed that. If you on the map. Very thankful and grateful till this day. My teeth are yellow, but not from gold bro.
Speaker 2: If you told me Nelly's one of his number one songs was Grills with Paul Wall out of been like, Noah, not true. Now listen, we really had a great time filling it for DP. If you enjoy hanging with us, don't forget every afternoon five to seven if we're on in your city Fox Sports Radio, if not, anytime on the iHeartRadio app. Would love to be part of the Kavino Rich family. And like you said before, you know how my dad always says, hey, don't go kissing as doing kissing ass. Hey, I'm okay kissing as you want to kiss some affiliate ass Right now, lots of people are listening.
Speaker 4: No, I just want to think, Hey, affiliates that are hearing us fill in.
Speaker 2: Hey, why not add us in the afternoon and the dudes in the studios just sitting there listening to our show. We appreciate you, trust me. We we did the same thing, all right. So before we get out of here, Yeah, sorry, you have to sit there and listen to our stupid nonsense.
Speaker 4: I want I want to I want you to go around the room and be like full of it or real talk. Full of it or real talk.
Speaker 2: When Travis Hunter says, if I can't play both sides of the football, then I'm gonna quit. Now, I've heard people say in college elite on both sides. When he gets to the NFL, he may reconsider and say that's a lot guys have sparingly done it.
Speaker 4: But Travis Hunter wants to play.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I know defense, Danny g not every alignment would require his position, Like if they're playing different formations, He's not gonna be every play on both sides of the ball. But do you really think that if a team's like, yeah, yeah, we got you in the first round, you're our guy, but we're gonna focus on.
Speaker 4: Maybe defense, do you think he really would be like I quit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not gonna take him up that high in the draft for just one side of the ball. So what's gonna happen is mostly defense, and I think they'll put in like some offensive packages for him.
Speaker 2: I agree, that's a great answer. There's gonna be a compromise. I agree with Danny g one hundred percent. So I don't think he's quitting it all. I think that's how it'll work out.
Speaker 7: He I saw that he spoke with like a good number of teams, and they all agree to it. Some teams though, like the Browns were like he was better receiver, and the Titans were like, he's better as a cornerback.
Speaker 4: So you know what, Hey, make your decision. Let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: At Coveno, Rich and don't forget June twentieth to the twenty second, join us in Vegas for our big anniversary party. All the details will be at Coveno and Rich and thank you to DP and the dan Atzra. Let us fill in and we'll see you back tomorrow in the afternoon. Right until then, Ariba, there, you baby, you and the Promisland.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, guys,