Speaker 1: Coming up next, our final News round Up and Information Overload Hour.
Speaker 2: All right, News round Up, Information Overload Hour. Here's our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program. It's eight hundred and ninety four to one Sean if you would like to join us. It's very interesting that the part time governor of California that loves attention, the guy that is missing in action, you know, guy that has no explanation why fire hydrants in the Pacific Colisades during the predictable wildfires and Santa Ana wins that knocked out nearly what thirteen thousand homes? He doesn't have an answer for ask local officials was one of the answers that he gave. Now he's actually trying to claim the reservoirs were brooming over with water. Well that's not according to reports that we've seen and reported on. And he's now a part time governor, full time governor, tweety bird, we call him, full time podcaster, full time Trump hater, and he's garnered a lot of attention. He was on the cover of Drudge yesterday. Democrats, you know, great New Hope. But if if he's going to run a national campaign is going to be very different than running a campaign in California, especially with his track record, Especially when you have the highest income taxes in the nation, the highest sales taxes in the country, the highest gas taxes in the country, the sixth highest corporate taxes in the country. They when then you add into that quality of life issues, some of the worst public schools in the entire country. You look at the sanctuary state policies that have cost the people of California billions and billions and billions of dollars for medical and other services. And you know, a state that is the highest tax you would think is running you know, massive budget surpluses. No, they have billions and billions of dollars in budget deficits that they have. It was his state that gave this truck driver that license, well not only a license, but sanctuary state protections when he entered the country illegally into California, Washington State, California gave him a commercial driver's license. Then we find out after he killed three Floridians that he was not proficient at speaking English, couldn't read road signs. We have been trying to get Governor Tweety Bird governor, podcaster, governor. I hate Trump every second of every minute of every hour of every day to respond to us, and mister part time governor, full time tweety bird, full time podcaster won't get back in touch with us. And I'm trying to understand why we used to have such a good relationship. Anyway, we welcome back to the program our friend Steve Hilton. He is running as a Republican to be the next governor of California.
Speaker 1: How are you, sir, I'm great, Sean, and I'll tell you why he won't go on with you, just in the same way he won't have me on his part. I've offered many times to go on and debate him because we know the facts. You just laid them out. His record is such a total disaster. It's literally the worst of any governor in America by far. I think you could make the case that he's the worst governor in American history to take a great state like California with everything we have to offer, the amazing beautiful landscapes, all our people, the talent, the ingenuity, the entrepreneurs, and what's he got to show for it? We now have the highest on top of everything else you laid out totally correctly. The highest unemployment rate in America today, the highest poverty rate, the worst business Company's Chief Executive magazine does a survey every year best and worst.
Speaker 3: States to do business.
Speaker 1: California has been bottom for the last ten years. We are fiftieth out of fifty states. The opportunity the place that in the many ways California represented the American dream, the California dream. We have the highest housing costs, lowest home ownership. Everything is, it is off, and so he can't run on his record for anything. I can't wait to first of all, beat this corrupt Democrat elite here in California next year, and then when he's off running for president, tell the whole country the last thing you want to do is bring this nightmare and take it national and put this guy in the overlap. It's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: I'd love to see you win. I know you do a good job. I've known you for many, many years. I know how smart you are, I know how dedicated you are. I know you've got the work ethic of saying President Trump, I know you have the right policies for California. The problem is You've had such a mass exodus of people that would otherwise be open to voting for a Republican and they have left. They have decided they can't take the high taxes, high crime, horrible quality of life issues that exist between homelessness and drug dens, open air drug dens, etc. And it makes it that much harder for somebody with common sense like you to win. How do you overcome that?
Speaker 1: Well, there's a couple of things, Seoran. Look, you're right, and I've never said, and I don't say that this is going to be easy.
Speaker 3: I've said it's very.
Speaker 1: Difficult, but it's not impossible. And what did President Trump teach us? Fight? Fight, fight. You've got a fight, and that's what I'm doing. And here are a few signs that I think this time it could be different. Things are changing a little bit. Last November, President Trump got more votes number of votes in California than any Republican presidential candidate for a generation. Ten counties flipped from blue to.
Speaker 3: Red out of fifty eight, so.
Speaker 1: That's significant, including some big counties like Fresno County.
Speaker 3: Off this biggest city you saw the place.
Speaker 1: I launched my campaign, Huntington Beach, biggest city in Orange County, Serf City, USA. The reason I went there, you had a strong team of common sense.
Speaker 3: Conservatives who just over four years.
Speaker 1: Ago got together and said we're sick of all the nonsense. We're going to run for office as a team. So, just over four years ago, Huntington Beach with six to one run by Democrats. The city council today seven zero Republican. The things are changing. You look at the polls, there's a majority who say the state of majority who say the state's going in the wrong direction. So I think if we put all that together, and also the Trump playbook working class voters, right, the multi racial working class coalitions, it's working class Californians who are hammered by these ridiculous the climate elitism, the gas prices, the cost of everything, electricity rates double the national average. And so my pitch is very simple, three dollar gas, cut your bills in half, a single family home that you can afford practical things. Just like President Trump made those arguments at the national level, I think that's how we do it in California.
Speaker 2: I wonder, I really do ponder whether or not the people in California. I did live there five years. If you talk about geography, I live in Santa Barbara. There's no more beautiful place on the face of the earth except with my free state of Florida. It's stunning. Do you think the people of California now you're giving me anecdotal information that shows signs of hope. Are they tired of the sanctuary state policies? Are they tired of paying tens and tens of millions of dollars in services for all the illegals that are protected by Gavin Newsom and California government. Do they want law and order restorative so they can be safe and secure and pursue happiness. That they want lower government costs, that they want more efficient government. Do they want better schools? Because if they do, there's really only one answer, and that they're going to have to vote Republican and just change their mindset. Do you think that that California is ready for that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, let's just give you put some real numbers on it. The Republican vote in the state of California, the average Republican vote in statewide elections the last twenty years, and it's been twenty years into Republican one statewide the average share of the vote is forty one point seven. So look, that's not fifty, but it's not twenty, right, So the baseline is higher than a lot of people think. Then you look at the number of votes that President Trump got. This is a crucial thing. So next year is a midterm election, and of course that means you get a lower turnout. Now, if you take the average of the last two midterms, that's what people do to estimate what it's going to be. The total number of votes to be cast. We think in California next year around eleven point eight million. So to win you need roughly half of that, call it five point nine million votes. President Trump just this last election got six point one million votes in California. So the Republican votes are there, we just need to turn them out in a midterm election. It's all about California. There's a really important thing going on that could help with that. A ballot initiative that I'm working on with some friends and colleagues here in California on voter ID. Republican voters love voter ID for obvious reasons, to help stop the cheating. So if we get that voter ID initiative on the ballot for next November. That'll help with the turnout and we can pull this off. It's going to be difficult, but I really know that we can do it. People are sick of this nonsense. They just haven't believed that it's possible. That's why I'm running such an energetic campaign. I've got to be out there fighting, showing with energy that we really can do this and hopefully inspire people to come out and vote for the change we so desperately need.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the laws that you filed in federal court to block Avendussom and as Democratic elitist allies and their redistricting power grab. It's already a very heavily erry mandered state as it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've already jerry mannered. I mean, this is the ridiculous thing about when they say, oh, we're just responding to Texas. No, they took the independent citizens districting process that we voted for in California, you know, fifteen years ago. They took that and hijacked it and drew the maps, and their lawyers were the DNC lawyers. The whole thing was hijacked by Democrats. So today if we had fair maps and fair representation in California. Today, Republicans would have an extra twelve House seats, which that alone would be a game changer.
Speaker 3: So let's put it this way.
Speaker 1: They've already stolen twelve seats. Now with these new maps, they want to steal another five. Now You've had Republicans file lawsuits in state court to try and stop him from doing this because it's illegal and unconstitutional. As you said, those lawsuits have been thrown out by the court, the state Supreme Court in California, which is basically all appointed by Democrats. That's why I filed in federal court. We've got a better chance there. And the argument is very simple. The equal Protection clause of the Federal Constitution and the California Constitution, very simple principle guarantees one person, one vote, and that's been established in cases over the years to mean that every vote should have roughly equal value. Right now, because of the gerry mandarin, a Democrat vote in California is worth three times a Republican vote. With these new maps, it would be eight times the value. It would take roughly one hundred and nine twenty thousand votes to elect a Democrat to Congress one point five two million votes to elect a Republican to Congress. This is clearly illegal and unconstitutional. We filed the lawsuit yesterday. We'll see how we do. We've got to stop this because part something else. Newson's about to spend two hundred and fifty million dollars of taxpayer money on what is basically a corrupt contribution to his presidential campaign.
Speaker 3: We can't let that happen.
Speaker 2: You'd think it's going to be commona. You think she will get in or do you take her out of word? She's not getting it.
Speaker 1: I think she's not going to do it. I think she still wants to run for president, and she just has this extraordinary, you know, ridiculous vanity that she's a serious, serious contender and somehow could be president. I think she sincerely thinks I know Clay Travis thinks this as well.
Speaker 3: She actually believes that.
Speaker 1: She's got a shot of being president, and that's what she wants.
Speaker 2: Quick break right back more with Republican candidate for governor of Great State of California, Steve Hilton is with us more on the other side. We continue now with our French Steve Hilton. He is running for governor the great state of California as a Republican. Definitely an uphill battle. Can he pull it off? We continue with Steve. Now, I don't know what it is. I've observed this my entire career is I don't care if you're a Senator or congressman or a cabinet member. I don't know what it is. But anybody that ever really walks into that oval office that's an elected official in particular, you know, they just their wild imagination takes them to the place where they think that they can be in that office. We did see that. If you remember during the Biden years, the day Biden wasn't even in the White House and Gavin walked into that Oval office like he owned it and flipped his jacket over his shoulder and he was picking out the drapes. It was pretty obvious to me.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you something short. I mean, okay, we've talked about his record. I'll give you something, you know, a more human version of this. I know people who work in his office as governor and the other people he's been written as well over the years. He cannot do this job, let alone the next job he wants because he's just got no ability. He's got no follow through, no attention to detail, nothing like that.
Speaker 3: You look at the difference.
Speaker 1: With President Trump, someone who understands how to make things happen, a pragmatic problem solving business guy, and there's just no compactive. You can't have people like this. This is the problem in California. You have these machine politicians whose only skill is navigating the political world right, you know, pandering to the unions whose money they need, and.
Speaker 3: The activists all the rest of it. They're all the same.
Speaker 1: Newsome Carmela's the same, Biden was the same Karen Bass. They don't believe in anything, really, They just all they want to is climb the ladder by pandering to whoever they.
Speaker 3: Need to suck up to to get power.
Speaker 1: They can't actually get anything done. You know, That's why I think I can do them.
Speaker 3: Look, I just like you. I've had real jobs.
Speaker 1: Most of my career I worked in I started companies, run businesses. My first job project manager for a construction company. You've got to understand how to get things done in these jobs, and News them absolutely can't.
Speaker 2: Oh it's interesting that you know, I know Gavin can't stand any criticism, and now that I've been challenging him after he attacked me, he's gone eerily silent. Very interesting. If people want to get in touch with you, how did they do so?
Speaker 1: Steve Hilton, Steve Hilton for Governor dot com, anyone in California, we'd love. We're trying to build a movement here.
Speaker 3: We need it.
Speaker 1: We need to beat this big machine, very corrupt Union back machine. So any help with that would be great. Steve Hilton for Governor dot com.
Speaker 2: Steve Hilton, always a pleasure, my friend. Thank you. We'll follow this race very closely. Eight hundred and ninety four one, Shawn is our number if you want to be a part of the program. All right, so we have Marxist COMMI Mum Donnie with commy. You know Grandpa Sanders in New York. They were in New York. Did you notice they were in New York campaigning together Linda this weekend. I'm sure you are a part of it. It's embarrassing. It's not embarrassing. Used to embarrassing that people are that stupid to show up for Grandpa Bernie and COMMI Donnie. It's embarrassing anyway. One Heckler called Donnie a communist. Uh, and that this is not Cuba. Obviously this guy is not voting for Marxist Kami mumdani. I mean, at least there was one person there with common sense. Then you have Grandpa Bernie saying, well, we're not going to allow Elon Musk to become the first trillionaire. What how are you going to stop it? Oh, that's right, you'll confiscate as wealth.
Speaker 4: Listen, guys the US whose own wealth is more than the bottom fifty two percent of American households you may have seen in the papers, they want to give them a little bonus another eight nine hundred billion dollars. We are living in crazy worlds, millions of people struggling to put food on the table, and making one guy a trillionaire is insane.
Speaker 1: Not about this.
Speaker 4: Country is supposed to be about, and we are not going to allow.
Speaker 2: That to happen. I mean, these two were made in heaven. I mean, this is a guy that vacationed in the former Soviet Union or a honeymoon in the former Soviet Union. More Bernie Sanders Grandpa Bernie mocking criticism of Marxism. Donni's government run food grocery stores. Which where do they fail miserably? In Missouri? I think they had government run grocery stores they were, And grocery stores don't have a big profit margins maybe one or two percent. You have this, you know grocer cast to Mattities. He's saying he's leaving if in fact, Kami Mam Donnie wins. Listen, But a.
Speaker 5: Radical idea to say that working class families should be able to go into a grocery store in an area where there are food deserts and be.
Speaker 4: Able to afford decent quality food for their children.
Speaker 5: Oh man, what a radical.
Speaker 2: Guy he is. Why would you think, why would anybody think government can run anything? Well, how did it work out with Social Security and medicate? Oh that's right, the lock box doesn't exist. They squandered the money and it's headed for insolvency. How are New York City schools doing some of the worst in the country. You know, how's law and order the defundsmantled, no bail law insanity that we have in New York. And reimagine the police as Kami Donnie wants anyway more Grandpa Bernie and you know saying democratic leaders should should be jumping up and down and supporting the Kami the mom Donnie, I understanding.
Speaker 4: As you are the Democratic Party candidate from mayor of the City of New York, right, and I proposed that question. I find it hard to understand how the major Democratic leaders in New York State I'm not supporting the Democratic candidate.
Speaker 3: One might think.
Speaker 4: One might think that if a candidate starting at two percent in the polls gets fifty thousand volunteers, creates enormous excitement, gets young people involved in the political process, gets not traditional voters to book, Democratic leaders will be jumping up and down.
Speaker 1: This is our guy.
Speaker 4: So we got another fight on our hands. So that is the future of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: All right. So it's a hell of a weekend in New York City. I'm so sorry I missed it in the Free State of Florida. Uh Mamdanni himself Marxist Kami Mam Donnie said he hopes to convince wealthy New Yorkers to pay higher taxes. Good luck convincing them. They already pay some of the highest taxes in the country.
Speaker 6: But right now, the top one percent earnings in the city pay forty percent of the city's income.
Speaker 2: Taxes.
Speaker 6: According to the Empire Center for Public Policy, how do you bring these wealthy residents to the table as mayor stop them from saying they're leaving gone to Florida because we need that tax revenue to pay.
Speaker 7: For some of the things you're talking about.
Speaker 8: What I have put forward is a vision to make the most expensive city in the United States of America affordable at a time. And we have the wealthiest city. It is also one with one and four living in poverty. And to your point, we have a number of New Yorkers who are doing quite well. The top one percent of New York City earns a million dollars or more a year. And my vision is not one where they leave. It is one where they stay, in part by showing them that asking them to pay more in taxes would increase even their quality of life.
Speaker 2: And if that's not bad enough, he's doubling down on dumb, dumber and stupid. This is great, great for criminals, And there was a front page article in the New York Post today is more than five thousand arrests for only sixty three subway repeat offenders. Of the sixty three repeat offenders that have five thousand plus arrests. Only five of the sixty three are behind bars. But that's not stopping Marxist Kami Momdami, you know, from doubling down on Dumb and Dumber, saying he would support abolishing the NYPD gang database.
Speaker 7: If city council legislation do a b the NYPD gang database, where to pass? Would you support ends on that?
Speaker 9: I have supported that that proposal. It's one that I've supported because of the vast dragnet has meant the inclusion of New Yorkers on the basis of whether they go out late, photos they put on social media, so much of the facts of life of being a young New Yorker, and yet it then becomes a mark of suspicion. There's no question that we have to take gangs extremely seriously, and yet I find that a database that includes New Yorkers on such bases is one that doesn't actually do exactly All right.
Speaker 2: Let's get to our busy phones, shall we. Jan Is in North Carolina? Jan, Hi, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 10: Sean?
Speaker 3: How are you doing today?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Thank you. Happy Monday? Is there such a thing as a happy Monday?
Speaker 10: Not down here in North Carolina? After what happen, which is why I'm calling, And it's kind of a two part question for you. They're you know, all these murders and all this stuff is happening, and they're repeat offenders. I mean, they just keep going and doing it again and again and again. Is it possible? And this is where right two part question is is it possible that the Democrats are not putting them in prison because it costs what forty five fifty thousand dollars a year to keep somebody in prison?
Speaker 3: Is it now?
Speaker 2: They're not doing it for other reasons. They are not doing it because they don't want to do it. They don't they they literally have an aversion against policing, and in the process they're making life unsafe for law abiding citizens. I mean, Donald Trump's offering to do it for free right now by sending in the National Guard. And you see the reluctance, resistance, fierce resis distance towards keeping citizens safe.
Speaker 10: Well, is it possible that rather than I mean, I understand that point that you're saying, which is it possible they want to use the money just for the illegals or protesters or whatever? You know, I just cannot understand anybody that wouldn't want to keep somebody in prison that deserves to be in prison.
Speaker 2: It's a whole it's a whole mindset, and this is part of you know what. It's hard for somebody as nice as you Jan from North Carolina that was born with and maintains the common sense God gave you, it's very hard for you to wrap your your mind around this idiocy of defund, dismantle, reimagine the police with social worker mentality, no bail law mentality. It's very hard for common sense people to understand that because it makes no sense. The purpose of incarcerating people is to keep other people people safe and to punish people for crimes that they commit. It's not it's really that basic for the social order. You know, you look at the list of things that that would be decriminalized in New York City under you know, Marxist Kami Mundani, and you get a you get a good idea. How stupid this is. I mean, these same democrats they want these safe injection sites, but there's no such thing as a safe injection site. If you're injecting heroin or or you know, fentanyl or whatever drug you're injecting into your body. You're slowly committing suicide. And why society would pay to help facilitate that is beyond my comprehension too. I don't want anybody doing drugs. The way to answer that is what Trump is doing. Prevent the drugs from coming in the country. Take on the narco terrorists. But then again, Democrats are angry that the president struct the the Venezuelan you know, drug boat. Unbelievable.
Speaker 10: I just don't understand it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's you're too smart, You have too much common sense. It's hard for you to wrap your mind around stupid. That's not a bad thing, Jan, That means you're smart.
Speaker 10: Aren't They worried about that their kids or their grandkids could very well be murdered or or step on a dirty heroin needle or or something.
Speaker 2: I mean apparently not a or else they'd clean it up, wouldn't I.
Speaker 10: You would think so. I don't know, Sun. I mean, times are changing, and they're not changing for the better. You know, I worry about my kids, my grandkids, I mean generations.
Speaker 2: You're you, rightfully are worried about it. You should be worried about it anyway, Jan, God bless you will stay in North Carolina. Ed is next that how are you glad you called?
Speaker 7: How are you doing sure?
Speaker 2: I'm good, glad, glad you're on board.
Speaker 7: Well, I was thinking a little bit about Eric uh ATMs Ian. I was thinking that he should contact Trump and ask him to bring his federal works into New York City. You know that it'll definitely make him more popular with the citizens, and that's who he needs to get boats. I mean, the media is going to eat his lunch, but he doesn't need to get votes from the media. He needs to get him from the people. And I was reading an older a March article in the New York Past where they were saying that the New Yorkers were so thankful for Tom Homan that, you know, cleaning up their towns because they have just been ignored for so long that this is something that they could You could really make political hey by doing the right thing.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, you're reminding me a little bit of jan from North Carolina, our last caller. You know, you have retained too much of the common sense God gave you when you were born, and you're applying your level of common sense to something that makes no sense. And in New York and as somebody that lived there, are two different points in my life. I was raised there and I left five years in California five years and now Rhode Island five years and I'm sorry, two years in Alabama, four years in Georgia. You know, then I went back for Fox News. Now I'm down in the Florida Bureau of Fox News, and I'm just telling you it is a very different mindset. The common sense you're looking for does not exist. The reason the odds are very high. Do not be surprised if Marxist commedi mom Donnie wins is because New York City draws to itself. You know this this crazy mindset. I know it's hard for you to wrap your mind around, but do you know what I'm saying. It's a very different mindset.
Speaker 7: We're saying that to Pam. I was thinking that maybe I am that way as well as Pam.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad thing. I mean that means you're frankly smarter and have more you know, common sense, didn't they do? Because this city is not going to be more safe or more secure with the stupidity.
Speaker 7: Well, it's so uncommon that people have common sense that maybe we should call it uncommon sense at this point.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's a pretty wise, common sensical thing to conclude. Not to have a play on words here anyway, my friend, God bless you. I love the people in North Carolina. They do have common sense. Right, that's gonna rap things up to today. We got a great, great hennity tonight nine eastern on the Fox News Channel. We have Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy, Stephen Miller Tonight He's on fire, Stephen A. Smith also well, last came why his party is the party of the illegal immigration and the party that is coddling criminals. Also Senator Ted Cruz, Tommy Larrence, set your DVR tonight nine eastern on the Fox News Channel. We'll see you tonight back here tomorrow. Thank you for making this show possible.