Speaker 1: You're listening to The Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to the Buck Brief. On this episode, our friend Matthew Tiermand.
Speaker 3: He is a.
Speaker 2: Political journalist, a globe trotter, a man who knows his way around the world. He can blend in, speak so many languages, know so many folks. They'll never catch him. Remember that scene in Indiana Jones is awesome and then the guy's like, hello, everybody, where do I go? I can't find out it? You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not very Indiana Jones, Like, I don't go around with a shovel and a bull whip.
Speaker 2: That's probably a good thing for your political journalism career. I want to start because these are some interesting stories out there. We're getting into the end of the year and so you know, people are starting to shut down. I feel like people have heard some stuff about some people or some countries politically that's interesting to us here at home, and you can break all this stuff down. First, this guy mill Am I l e. I. He's the new president of Argentina, you were in Argentina right recently, and you could tell like, tell tell me about that, tell me what you were doing there? And why is this guy Melay? I mean, he's got some great clips where he's just like saying he's gonna cut this in that government agency. People say he's kind of an Argentine Trump guy in some ways, or at least takes that outside or approach or whatever. Yeah, well you're you're the expert. Tell me about it. What were you doing there and what do we need to know about Milay in Argentina.
Speaker 1: I was there for the inauguration. I've started covering Latin America pretty in depth the last couple of years, especially with Brazil, and I was, you know, I'd been to Brazil a couple of years ago for Brazilian seapack with Jason Miller and we got detained after we met with ball Sceonnaro and interrogated, and so I started going deep dive on the corruption across Latin America and Latin American politics.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, this is interesting, this is tru I'm sorry I had to jump in up. I want you to keep going on this, but detained, Like, who detained you for talking to Baalsonaro under what.
Speaker 1: Pretext because we met with Ballsonnaro and you know, I don't know how close to your audience followed the saga that was the election in twenty twenty two and the turnover and power in twenty three when Ballsnaarer got turfed out under very questionable circumstances. But we were there when he was president, and the Supreme Court, who has their own federalized police force, detained us in the airport and wanted to know everybody we met with. They wanted us to write down in a list all the journalists and politicians, opposition and ruling class politicians, we met with, think tank leaders, anybody like this, because they were very, very Stasi like in their going after Ballsnarer, and they ended up winning that battle, and Brazil fell and it's now run by Lula, which is why Argentina which such a surprise, because Brazil was sort of a bulwark, the largest economy there, two hundred and fifty million people out of five hundred million, half the population in South America, and it was kind of a back and forth between right and left until this cycle when the left fully took over, and then everyone figured okay, Latin America's gone. Colombia, which was a righty bulwark, fell to a forum so Powa marks a narco trafficante gorilla named Petro who has horrible approval ratings, So there's some hope that may pendulum shift back. And Chile, another right wing bulwark, also fell to a Marxist named borach So Argentina which has been led by Marxist the better part of the last thirty five years, with the exception of one little respite which was about eight years ago under Macree that was kind of written off. But amidst this hyperinflation one hundred and forty percent, Argentina is known as the sort of economic basket case of the West and in Latin America for so many decades since the parentist socialist movements. Everybody remember the musical A Vita Don't Cry for Me Argentina. Well, that was a Hollywood hay geography of horrible Marxist who screwed up one of the wealthiest and prosperous, prolific societies in the Western hemisphere. Well, all of a sudden, the hyperinflation, the misery, the poverty, It finally led to the bow breaking and them electing a rite and not just any righty an arch libertarian iconoclast. I mean this is a guy who's not we think of left right politics. I mean, this is a guy who's in a narco capitalist, a libertarian on steroids, who believes that, like Ludwig von Misis said, government's essentially the negation of liberty, government is an evil unto itself. So they just elected as head of the government a guy who doesn't believe in government. So it is a bit of a sea change. And I was since I covered Latin America the last couple of years, I was invited to the inauguration and.
Speaker 3: I went and it was eye opening.
Speaker 1: The optimism and hope in the streets is really unlike anything you've seen anywhere where people are so beaten down by a tough, tough hand that they've dealt. I mean, one hundred and forty percent inflation. The highest denominated bill people use is a thousand pesos and you have to walk around with a brick of it. This thick just to you know, buys a cheap meal. I mean, people are walking around with five hundred thousand pesos and it's like you literally have to have briefcases with you to buy goods, and the rates that credit cards charges are much much higher than the cash rate, which is black market driven. So there's some weird dynamics going on there that we don't even understand in the West. And he was elected to sort of reverse this, and he has this massive mandate unparalleled in Latin America, especially where communists have been ushered in with such regularity last thirty years. It's really fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems to me that we somehow lose sight of this in America, but Latin America overall is kind of go in full comedy these days.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Forum sell Paalo, it really dates back to nineteen ninety. There's this group, the Forum sall Paalo in Brazilian and Portuguese forau Sapalo, which was formed by Lula da Silva, the current President of Brazil and Fidel Castro in nineteen ninety when the Soviet Union fell.
Speaker 3: People remember their Cold War history.
Speaker 1: The Soviet Union was using Cuba as its staging point for revolutions all over Latin America. They were very successful in places like Nicaragua, Peru, Bolivia, El Salvador at one point, but all that Soviet money was coming into Havana and Fidel Castro was doling it out to ferment these coups and revolutions. Obviously, the most successful one the Forum Cell Palo took over in terms of a larger country was Venezuela. Hugo Chavez was a product of the Forum Cell Palo, so they sort of took the reins from the Soviets and they just kept on notching win after win. I mean, if you look across the map of not just South America, but Central America, it's Nicaragua, El Salvador, Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Chile, now Brazil, now Colombia, Argentina for the last fifteen years with Kirchner and Fernandez, and this was the first time a Forum Cell Palo sort of power hold was broken with Malay's election, and it really is owed to something very simple. They had paper ballots as part of the Argentinian constitution, unlike Brazil where there were marches in the street. I was there with Bolsonaro when they were pushing for paper ballots and people were demanding give us auditible ballots and the government said no, everything's digital.
Speaker 3: And we saw what happened in December was.
Speaker 2: The Brazilian election. You know, I don't think a lot of people followed this that closely. I saw some stuff in the Walsh. Was it stolen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. I mean, there's a reason why there were so many people from the cross sections of society protesting in the streets for months, from the first round to the second round, to the second round to the inauguration. The heavy handedness of the same Supreme Court I mentioned that had detained myself from my traveling party in early in twenty twenty two. They were acting like a Stazi doing every day. Let Lula out of prison. Lula was in people forget del Marussev and the previous Marxist government was actually indicted, kicked out and put in jail under Operation car Wash, where they were selling state assets to the Chinese for cash and bags laundered through a chain of car washes, and this operation car Wash, and the court let Lula out and then put their thumbs on the scale. They said that to criticize election processes was a felony. There was a January eighth, like January sixth, where they the protesters came into the main building, they locked the doors, they rested him. They're still rotting in jail. So the global playbook on how to obfuscate, steal elections and circumvent the natural information flow around elections, well, the Latin Americans have done it very heavy handedly. And of course the same machines and mechanisms that were used in Brazil were coming out of Venezuela, the same electronics so to speak with that were developed out of Chavez's government circa two thousand and one that helped him maintain total control because there was a referendum that he forced through on himself and disbanding the checks and balances in Venezuelan government. Shavas was elected initially in a honest Pleva site, but then they took control and it became very dishonest very quickly. While Brazil was the reducts of that and Argentina by virtue of the paper ballots that they've maintained, they couldn't even attempt to steal it because it was so overwhelming. Malay's popularity. Malay had a very interesting rise to prominence in politics. He was a radio host much like yourself, Buck, you can be running for president in South American countries potentially.
Speaker 2: I mean I wouldn't need it. I would be awesome. They would vote for me just based on on the hair, I think.
Speaker 3: But I'd vote for you on on your second Amendment stands certainly that well, thank you.
Speaker 2: Anybody covers like amendens stance, more guns better, That's that's what I.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: I like this Malay guy.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you about what's going on in the Netherlands, another place where a conservative government is ascendant. So we're doing the kind of world tour here with our friend Matt Chairman. But first off, the team at My Pillow has another amazing product.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 2: We've got to get you hooked up with these, the My towels. Do you have some my towels. We'll get you some.
Speaker 3: I've got my slippers. They're pretty good.
Speaker 2: Actually, my slippers are great. The My towels are amazing. Right now, I can get you a phenomenal deal. The My towels are. First of all, they're made with a hundred percent long staple suirper cotton. This is rings spun cotton that makes these towels absorbent and super soft. Get a six piece to set right now for twenty nine to ninety eight with my name. Buck is your promo code get the designer premium line for just twenty dollars more no matter what set you decide on, that's fifty percent in savings. Find this offer just go to my pillow dot com click on the radio listener special Square. Check out the my Towel six piece towel set. Fifty percent in savings when you use promo code Buck. So go to my pillow dot com click on the radio listener special Square, get yourself the six piece my Towel set and then you know he mentioned the slippers. Slippers are great too. Use the promo code Buck though, you'll get fifty percent off on the towels.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: All right, what happened in Holland aka the Netherlands, I mean that one.
Speaker 1: Came out of left field. Argentina was widely expected, but get Wilders and his party Party for Freedom then. Now he's been a fixture in Dutch politics for twenty something years. He rose up in sort of public debate opposition to the Islamification of North central Europe, of the Netherlands, of Belgium, of France because in the late nineties and early two thousands there were some very ugly political assassinations, Theo Van Goh and Pimphotun, journalists who are critical of Islam. Bruce Bauer, great journalist, writes for Gatestone, sometimes does some great work.
Speaker 2: One did he write the book while Europe Slept? Because I read that book?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he because he was He's an American who actually went to Amsterdam to live in Amsterdam, so he watched the slow motion car wreck that was the Islamification of northern Europe. But in the nineties and early two thousands this really accelerated and so Bilders sort of rose up as a public figure in the public debate around this subject, had a fatwa against him, has you know, half a dozen armed security guards at all times around him. And he wrote a great book called Mark for Death, which really delves into sort of the Quranic precepts of immigration, Islamic immigration into the West and what their goals are and their mechanisms for a wholesale takeover that'll take generations, and we're probably in the fourth or fifth inning on. But he's been around and there have been other righty parties and they've sort of split the vote, but the other righty parties have been weakening. And then with everything that was happening in North central Europe, not just his lumification, but the sort of Eurocentric control over sovereignty and the Dutch, especially with their agricultural sector. Mark Rute, who is supposedly a center right politician, the last prime minister, two term prime minister, he allowed for the agricultural sector to be nationalized by Fiat, by Fiat of the Dutch government, and so they were massive protests of farmers on the street and they were basically selling out the right of their agricultural sector to sort of major global concerns, and so people rose up against it, and Gear's populism just struck a nerve. Nobody saw this coming. I've got a lot of Dutch politician friends in the different parties. Nobody saw this coming. That in this moment, the anger sort of forged a crucible. October seventh I think had a lot to do with it. This also woke people up to the dangers of everything Geared had been saying for twenty years, and so he basically has the ability. Now they haven't formed a government yet, he's not PM yet, Prime ministry yet he maybe he may not be. It could be like the Swedish Deems in their victory last year, where they're basically king makers and they allow the other righty parties to coalition, but with their vote being integral to that government standing. That could be the same situation here in Holland. We'll know in the next thirty to sixty days as the horse trading of parliamentary politics continues behind the scenes. But this was a sea change. I mean, this was the worst nightmare of Brussels and sort of the open borders globalist bureaucrats that want to break down all the sovereignties within Europe and in their federated system. And now this is a big pendulum shift back. So that was also sort of a for righties everywhere. This has been a very good, good couple months for Argentina, for the Netherlands.
Speaker 3: There was a bad election in Poland.
Speaker 1: The Polish right, where everybody thought that they had such certain control for the future of this sort of central European sphere, they lost after two terms. My friends in law and justice, I live in Poland part time. I've worked with this party directly for many years. They in Poland and post communist nations, you have a voter fatigue. There's no party that's ever been around, there's no you know, great governance. You still have post communist mechanisms and a lot of spoil system so it just arrogance and competence and corruption sort of got him after eight years and two thirds of the country said, you know, they still got the most votes, but nobody will work with them, so they can't form a government where you juxtappose that with their previous cycles where they didn't have to form a government and coalition they had enough votes on their sort of basic conservative platform. Well, now two thirds of the country got together and that includes center right to center left to far left. They all got together and said vote for us because we're not the incumbents, and that worked. The problem is that Poland is such an anchor for Central Europe, given as forty million people, six largest nation in the EU, that this is going to have some ramifications. As the previous leading party po very very eurocentric, Donald Tusk who has had a European Council, and Roderic Sikorski and Apple Bound's husband, they're back power and that doesn't bode well, they're going to push everything to the left as fast and far as they can, which is not great because Poland wasn't anchor. So now we're still reliant on Hungary. But Hungary's nine and a half million people. You know, it swings the needle on culture and debate, but not on the grand scheme of voting within the euro legislature things like that.
Speaker 3: So it's going to be interesting. Europe is still very divided.
Speaker 2: Is Poland worth visiting, like just for fun purposes?
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely, can check it out.
Speaker 2: I mean to take your life to Poland. I mean it seems to me I was doing these like amazing like photos and video. It looks really beautiful, really safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's totally safe.
Speaker 1: I mean it's you know, it's not an Islamifi country the way France and Germany and the western Western European states are. It's it's really quite safe. Food is good, people are super hospitable and wonderful. There's a ton of history. I mean it's incredible. Warsaw the capitol is an amazing place, rebuilt after the war. Krakov is like the sort of perial capital where Favo Castle is sort of the old historical capital with the with the palace where all the luminaries are buried. Auschwitz is within an hour from there. Everybody should see it. There's great cities like Vrotswav, Dansk, Continua. I mean, there's a lot going on in Poland. There's forty forty million people and so it's a real country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go check it out. I want to ask you in America here to close us out here in a second, mister Tierman, but hold on for just a moment. You know, when President Biden bought the Afghan withdrawal in twenty twenty one, it's sent a message to the world that we were weak and wouldn't protect our allies. Six months later, Russia invades Ukraine. Now we're witnessing a new war in the Middle East that's escalating quickly, and we're seeing that there is a fifth column here at home as well that supports the wrong side in that one. But former Wall Street insider tik Tawari, he says, the biggest risk we face right now is not actually expanding war abroad. It's the collapse of the US dollar. We're thirty three trillion dollars in debt, and he thinks that the collapse of the dollar could be upon us. That's why Teka has released an informative video to help you prepare for this possibility. Go to move your Cash now dot Com to learn the three steps you need to take to prepare and to grow your wealth in the coming months and year. That's Move your Cash now dot Com. Move your Cash now dot Com paid for by Palm Beach Research Group. Matt just kind of give me your quick, you know, one or two minute breakdown of is Trump really just going to crush by it in this reelection? Because this is what the polls seemed to be telling us. What's going on here.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm nervous about it.
Speaker 1: I still go all over this country and there's a little bit of Trump fatigue obviously. You know, we've all been very involved with the conservative right to populist right since sixteen. It was incredibly successful presidency, but I you know, I still worry about turnout on the R side versus the D side. Trump motivates ds a lot, and there are a lot of ours.
Speaker 3: Look, you got.
Speaker 1: Fifty percent give or take in the different early primary and caucus states that are looking for an alternative whether it's Ronda Santis, Mickey Haley, Chris Christie hell even Asa Hutchinson I think gets one point in New Hampshire.
Speaker 3: So it tells you it's not as cut and dry.
Speaker 1: The coalessence hasn't fully come around yet, so you know, we will see. But you know, in your promo for the product service you're pitching about where you mentioned the withdrawal of Afghanistan, that weakness really is. That's where our concern has to lie and it's coming to our hemisphere. We were talking on the off the air before we went live with what's going on in Venezuela that never would have happened under Trump.
Speaker 2: You know what, let me let me ask you actually to close us out formally or not formally. But you know, finally I'm going to ask you about Venezuela and the possibility of Venezuela invading a neighboring country. But hold up for one second on that one. You know, if you do any kind of exercise on a regular basis, you want to get hold of a new pre workout that's getting amazing reviews, including from me because I love it. It comes from our friends at Chalk. It's called chad Mode. That's the same company that makes the Male Vitality Stack, which guys in this audience have absolutely loved. But this pre workout chad Mode, I'm speaking from first hand experience. It is a game changer. It is that good. It's a powder. You just put a single scoop and a glass of water or juice if you want, or whatever before you work out. And I've been getting some of the most fierce and effective workouts I've done in years thanks to chad Mode. Go to chalk choq dot com try Chadmode. Also, you can try the mal Vitality Stack if you want something that's more full spectrum to help with a whole range of things. But when you go to chalk dot com and use promo code buck, you'll get thirty five percent off in savings. That's chalkchoq dot com promo code buck for thirty five percent off. Now, Matt, tell me, Venezuela may invade Guyana. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are such a Chad by the way, and I want to take part in some of those fierce workouts. Baby, it's right, yeah, Venezuela. It's an area that is two thirds of the size of the country of Guyana's called Escatebo and it borders Venezuela and they are poised to in they they've already amassed troops. What's the reason oil This area is very, very wealthy in oil, their deposits both on you know, in the earth as well as offshore. And Venezuela, which is, you know what, was one of the wealthiest nations in the world because of their oil deposits and their mineral deposits. But Communist improves, you know, as Reagan said that if you put communists in charge of the of the Sahara Desert, they'd run.
Speaker 3: Out of sand.
Speaker 1: They have mismanaged their state economic oil drillers and refiners so badly that now they're just going into conquest of their neighbors. And knowing that Brazil also borders this is a border part of this region with the other side of Guyana, and Lula is an ally of the Medora regime, they don't expect much pushback.
Speaker 3: There given Biden's weakness.
Speaker 1: We've seen Afghanistan, We've seen all the other conflagrations breaking out, and the Huthis and Yemen and the saber rattling in South China. Sea I think they realize their chances now that they can increase their land and their mineral wealth. Now, I do have some Venezuelan friends who are no fans Medoro or Chabizmo in general, but they actually do say that historically this region Escatibo, for hundreds of years was part of Venezuela, and they are in favor of it. Guyana was, in their view, a nineteen circa nineteen hundred fake state that was carved out of its neighbors for no good reason in their mind. So obviously, like everything else, is complicated, but this would not be happening under a strong a packs Americana.
Speaker 3: We don't have that.
Speaker 1: Nobody's afraid, even in America's backyard, of doing things like this, and I think it does very august poorly for America's standing at our interests.
Speaker 2: Matt Tierman, great stuff, man, we'll have you back soon. Thanks and happy Holloways you two.
Speaker 3: Pemp