Speaker 1: Whatever this, then it's another Wednesday. You know what that means.
Speaker 2: No, it is Wednesday, and we're a little bit late today, but we're here.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie my arms look yoked. That's the kids are saying.
Speaker 2: That is that Another is a synonym, a synonym synonym for fat.
Speaker 1: Oh feel them? Feel my arm?
Speaker 2: No here, No, you're also you're also like flexing? No like feel mine? Feel mine? Now? Nothing? Now? Having have it out? Yeah, what's up rightw.
Speaker 1: So, so what were you saying about flexing?
Speaker 2: You pinched? Oh? Yeah, that pinched me.
Speaker 1: There's pinchable material.
Speaker 2: How's a coffee there?
Speaker 1: It's good? Thank you for making me one.
Speaker 2: I had a what was that?
Speaker 1: I forgot to Can you just press the sound off button?
Speaker 2: I don't see it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so see.
Speaker 2: Your arms are as long as mine, dude, go right ahead, okay.
Speaker 1: Now there as long as mine? Pale?
Speaker 2: So you like just playing black coffee? I do. I can't do that.
Speaker 1: You have to train yourself to like it. And I I say that because it's it's a real thing. I used to drink coffee with milk and sugar, and then I said this must not be good for me. Let me like take stock on it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just can't train yourself to I've tried. I just you know what, that's not the thing I'm gonna cut out. I've cut up plenty of other stuff. It's not gonna be milk and sugar and coffee. That's just you know, silly. If we could not slurp, that would be spectacular.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but it's fine for us to be on a you know, cereal podcast going No.
Speaker 2: But I just I have a thing. I don't know why is it called, but I think I have it, but only but who's saying that? The Guy two Live crew? So I only have it for slurping, like slurping. It just goes through me and I get I like, I hate it so much.
Speaker 1: What do you do that you tango?
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: I just picture you having like the little mastinettes. What are those called?
Speaker 2: Is that marionettes?
Speaker 1: No, aren't madets? The little clams that the saltid dancers.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh yeah, yeah, the little bells on the fingers.
Speaker 1: Let me look this up. It's okay, where are you going on vacation? If you are going on vacation, uh, it's called my room. Oh I love that office in my house. That's where I'm going.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you know what it is. And I've mentioned this before. So the show is on. The Big Show is off next week. Don't worry, We'll still be here with your podcast because you know what we work for you. The Big Show is off, and my kids are not okay, so I can't really take off and like go somewhere.
Speaker 1: Side note, they're not. If anybody is listening right now and they know what those things are called, please comment in this comment section below, because they're not Massinettes, all right or marian Marionettes are the puppets.
Speaker 2: But so I am taking off Columbus Day. I'm gonna be off Monday with the kids. We're gonna do whatever. Hopefully it's a nice day. Maybe a little adventure land, maybe some pumpkin picking. Maybe you can finally decorate the house for Halloween, because you know, I put all that crap. The shed is full of all the Halloween stuff and it's time to get usually October first. But with the rains, oh my god, could not the rains. Yeah, dude, you don't really okay, you have no idea. You have some guy that sweeps the water away. You know, you just go put Jeeves hello, there's a puddle out front, and they handle it. Yeah, they take care of it for you.
Speaker 1: Are you going like with an ask Jeeves thing on that one? No?
Speaker 2: You know the butler, Yeah, Jeeves is a butler. From what he's your butler. Okay, you know so, but when you live in a house, like a real person with a family, with the family and all, okay, you know you have to take care of your things. There's no like you don't push a little button on the phone and somebody comes running.
Speaker 1: It's crazy when I can afford a house and a down payment isn't two hundred grand? You know, I love one, but unfortunately, thank you for that economy.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll go. I'm just saying though, but when you when you live in a house and you don't have someone to come rush and do these things for you. Yeah, I was outside. So there were torrential torrential rains here on Friday. I mean some areas saw it way worse than others, like on Long Island. Floods, cars floating down the streets, everything.
Speaker 1: Coozy chat my side one, uh huh.
Speaker 2: We're gonna we're gonna get into that I.
Speaker 1: Have one doing it, but that one John was a little concerned. He was like, are the coozies okay?
Speaker 2: Was it concerned for my house or was it concerned for his products?
Speaker 1: Well, I told him that your house is pitched up a little bit. That's false, really, yeah, And I feel like your driveway is pitched up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it's pitched toward the house because there's a little issue.
Speaker 1: But your basement, while I I saw it, Yeah, while I'm not in a flood zone, when rain comes in fast and hard, you just there's nowhere for it to go. And the pool well, unfortunately, over the years, you know, things sink as time goes on, and when water gets into the foundation, it sinks a little bit. So now it's just.
Speaker 2: Slightly pitched down. So the water heads toward the house. So I was outside with brooms on all three corners because the thankfully the back, it didn't happen in the back, but in the front, by the garage, the steps it was. There were inches of water on the steps and on the side of the house. The whole storm drain, you know, the dry well overflowed. So I got a giant crowbar and I popped the top off of it. Look at you in the rain, in the pouring rain. And I was there with five gallon buckets and I'm telling you I did one hundred and fifty gallons of water. How but it was, yeah, what's up now? But so I was. You should have seen me. You should have seen me with my little rain slicker and my my bicycle helmet, bicycle helmet. Things were falling.
Speaker 1: I literally picture you as you're doing.
Speaker 2: It, like, yeah, I was dodging acorns because it was it was windy. Branches were falling, and I was going in and out with me with my pet boys, your helmet on, five gallon bucket of water and my bicycle helmet. I can't and and and yeah, and I was just drenched. But you know what got the job done? Save the basement. You did, saved the basement. I'm telling you. If we were not home, the basement would have been flooded.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know the no water got in your basement, No.
Speaker 2: Not a d not a drop. But I but the thing is, I couldn't go inside to even look because I was soaking wet, you know, and my and my daughter doesn't know what to look for. Yeah, you know. So I called my dad over and he's you know, he's inside. I'm looking in the one and he's eating cake. I'm like, Dad, can you please go see if there's water coming in the basement. There was the day that you brought the crispy creams in and I brought a couple home and he's just he's just standing over the sink eating them. When I'm like, can I please get a bucket? You know, the two of them are just in there talking and my dad's eating, and like I there was no sense of urgency whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, it's monsooning outside and you're wearing a helmet.
Speaker 2: I didn't get over the help.
Speaker 1: I flung the door open and I said, Ashley, can you please call Papa.
Speaker 2: I need him here. It's urgent, no sense of urgency whatsoever. Like five minutes later, she's like, oh, did you want me to call him now? I'm like, yeah, you know, but got everything done and walk down the block. The fire department was rescuing people from their cars.
Speaker 1: What yeah, it was crazy, like your street was flooded food.
Speaker 2: At the end, yes, wow, yeah, yeah, like cars were like floating, floating. This woman was standing on the corner with her hands like this, you know the emoji like this, what's that called hands on face emoji?
Speaker 1: Whatever it is, seems like that's and she's like.
Speaker 2: That's my Mercedes.
Speaker 1: I just got it a week.
Speaker 2: Ago and it just it was floating. That's it totaled.
Speaker 1: Well damn. Like I'm just gonna say this. I mean so sorry for her Mercedes. But at the same time, whenn't like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You'd be a little smarter not drive through a giant puddle.
Speaker 1: She drove through the puddle.
Speaker 2: She drove right through the flood.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, I have no sympathy.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 1: I like that annoys me.
Speaker 2: Look on the flip side, sometimes you cannot judge because then what I was doing is I was standing in the middle of the road and you know, people were coming and I was I was don't do it like that. I said. I kept going, don't do it, and my daughter's like stop telling him things. I'm like, no, no, no, I'm trying to save them. I'm like, don't do it, bro, don't do it. And I'm waving them off. And like one guy went through got stuck. Another dude was like thanks man, he turned up the block and went around. It was you can't. You gotta be really careful because when there's floodwaters you cannot judge the depth. You just can't. And you know you're right, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean all these tough guys in their pickup trucks were like barreling through. Please. But you know, everyone only making the issue worse, right because they were making a wake, right idiot. The guys whose house is right there was like, oh right, because the water's coming up is less.
Speaker 2: It was terrible a holes, but it's a very infrequent event. I think the last one was probably Irene, and then maybe it was one after that, so Sandy. I think Sandy was before Irene.
Speaker 1: Did you have it bed during Sandy?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Yeah? Oh really we had no power for fifteen days.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: I wasn't here for that. I was in Miami because I was in school.
Speaker 2: You didn't work, curiot, No.
Speaker 1: Twenty twelve, twenty.
Speaker 2: Eleven, Sandy was a crazy time.
Speaker 1: Twenty twelve. Yeah, yeah, I remember, because we were getting it first and it was like we got off of school, the semester had just started, and then they were like oh yeah, no, school that day and then it wound up being like a little bit overcast. It rained a little bit in Miami that day, but didn't do much. I'm like, yeah, it's not that bad. And then I just remember at home it was like, it's bad, dude.
Speaker 2: It was epic. I mean, we just passed the anniversary for Hurricane Gloria, which was a huge, long island storm in the mid eighties. I remember that as a kid, and then Sandy came and kind of I don't know, I don't know if it was as bad or but it was bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wasn't here for it. I feel bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't like storms, No, I don't. I mean the adrenaline rush of like trying to save your house is kind of crazy, the adrenaline rush. But you know, got it done, got the sum pumped through that in the ground.
Speaker 1: I'm very proud of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm proud of myself as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did it.
Speaker 2: It was I did it.
Speaker 1: You did it.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, trees came down, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Not by me anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's that one tree in front of my house that I really want to take down, but it's so expensive.
Speaker 2: I'm just hoping for a good storm.
Speaker 1: Okay, So my friends Brielle and her husband Chris, they had a tree that was super big and they cut it down. I'm like, oh, okay, So, like does the township come and do it? They're like, no, you have to call somebody. And I was like, so expensive and the tree was rotted on the inside, so it was just waiting to fall in their house. I don't understand why the township doesn't take care of.
Speaker 2: That if it's on your property, they won't. Why because they don't own the tree, you do, they're not responsible for it.
Speaker 1: But like I feel like it's a hazard. You can feel more for hazards.
Speaker 2: You can feel all day. I mean, you have to hire an arborist, yes, to come in and check your trees.
Speaker 1: Oh so this person came cut the tree up. The tree was so big that they needed two cranes just to like remove it. You know what my neighbors said. One time, they called this like fly by night, not licensed or in short or bonded tree company. They came on Easter Sunday, like, so that's how we knew it was shady like Easter at seven in the morning, Like this guy climbed up the tree and he's just cutting it from the top down.
Speaker 2: Like, wow, man, that guy's hard core. I wish I could find him because I would like to use him.
Speaker 1: But I mean, if you want, you could just invite me. I'll but the thing make a change to the tree.
Speaker 2: Thing is though, I kind of like, I never took physics in school. Is it physics?
Speaker 1: I never took physics me neither.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if physics is the thing that I'm describing right now, but I kind of like judge the trajectory of how these tysics would fall and it would just clear the house across It would break their fence, but it would clear the house across from me. Yeah, yeah, no, no, we can't do that. No, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm just saying if it fell in a storm, yeah, I'd be okay because it wouldn't hurt anybody would just break fences. But hold up, so like, if that happens, that's on you.
Speaker 2: I just have to fix the fence. But no, because if the tree is blocking the road, the town will come and cut it.
Speaker 1: But knowing your luck, it'll somehow break in the street.
Speaker 2: I don't think it can.
Speaker 1: It'll like hit the street and then flop over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, And then they'll be like, oh, the street's clear, but you hit two houses.
Speaker 2: No I don't. I don't know. And then like does my insurance have to pay for their damage? Like I don't know that, or does their homeowners cover that wrong person?
Speaker 1: Ay?
Speaker 2: I don't know how that works.
Speaker 1: I have Renters insurance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Renters.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, try getting a house buco.
Speaker 2: All right, we're in the Tri state area.
Speaker 1: Let me just put money down on a house.
Speaker 2: Okay. The Tri state area is different for everybody that's listening to them.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, the Tri state area of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
Speaker 2: And the ten kina slice of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't talk about that slice. Yes we do police because they can hear the radio station. That's how it always was. Okay ya, New Jersey, Connecticut at the.
Speaker 2: Ten tiny slice of Pennsylvania. This is Z one hundred. That's what the used to say.
Speaker 1: Do you know they consider, uh, the Northeast from like Boston all the way down to like DC a mega city really, because when you think about it, it's a gigantic, gigantic cities and in between. You really are connected to each city pretty much. Okay, And so that's a mega city like Tokyo is a mega.
Speaker 2: City with what other cities?
Speaker 1: Well, it's just so big that it takes up It's like miles and miles and miles of city. Did you know that Jacksonville is the largest city by area in the entire country? No way? Yeah, see, I like facts like that. Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Froggy said something like you could drive for an hour and still be in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if Florida is considered mega city from no state. Well, okay, you're not understanding the concept that I am bringing to you, and said, you're just talking.
Speaker 2: Okay, explain, I just date. I didn't understand two seconds ago Boston and New York at the same city.
Speaker 1: No, it's like, God, just go to commercial. Okay, back right after this, kids, and we're back. We're back because over most of these podcasts networks, there were no commercials there, right, Okay, So can we switch subjects for a moment.
Speaker 2: Where are you gonna go with mega city? No, you can go all right, So we need to talk about the cooozy thing should I get John And No, I don't want to talk to these people. Only Gina is who I'd like to speak with. But so here's the thing. If you don't know, let me fill you in. Andrew and his buddy Tommy and Gina. They have John, they have a company. You don't good. Koozies are people. They're the thing.
Speaker 1: They have to change the name soon.
Speaker 2: Oh why someone else has that?
Speaker 1: No? Because so which is trademark the k ok so can you do c We tried with kozy kings.
Speaker 2: Got it, so you can't even be coozy at all. It just has to be canned insulator.
Speaker 1: We're trying to find like a name for it now, like a more generic name.
Speaker 2: Cool can insulator with ks KK.
Speaker 1: Where are you going, buddy?
Speaker 2: Nope, never mind truck out, never mind that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: So we're coming up with a new name.
Speaker 2: But yes, continue So anyway, you know, the beer cans or the soda cans or whatever, or the pop cans if you're in the Midwest, you know you like to keep them cold when you're out and about. Maybe you're on the fishing boat, or maybe you're at a bachelorette party. You know, maybe you're playing playing golf or golf you don't pay whatever, and you need a can insulator, you know, just because you don't drink that fast. Yeah, and you want it to stay cool, so you know the foam things that and.
Speaker 1: You don't want your hand all sweaty and wet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know those things they used to give out at radio stations in the eighties. Yea uh and and stuff like that. They can't coozies, you jam the canon it whatever everything. And it's also a good way to, like when you go to school functions where you can disguise the like you did the other day cart seltzer you're drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyway, Andrew said, hey, pal, you know I live in a tiny little apartment and so do uh you know, Tommy and Gina. And there's no way to store all these cases of coozies because you know, raging business and everything raging business. Yeah. So you know what we do is we.
Speaker 1: Order them from China and they come over and then they we need someplace to keep them before we go they ship out to Amazon. So what you're gonna do is like they're just gonna We're just gonna have them sent to your house, and then you're just gonna ship them off to Amazon.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, sounds great. So they're just gonna come to me. I just put a label on them and ship them out. Yes, great, and you'll pay me, like, you know, peanuts a month to do that. Absolutely, okay, done? So first shipment comes, all right, chipped him out? All right, that was easy enough, you know, it was kind of annoying because I was new at it. I had to open every single box, count every single package, make sure that China wasn't ripping us off, you know, And that was cool.
Speaker 1: Second shipment, all right, yeah, you know, great. Third shipman wall of koozies. There's about forty boxes that come to my house. I'm like, hey, guys, big shipman today. Okay, yeah, here's six labels. Six Now I still have thirty four boxes, yeah, yea yeah, more soon.
Speaker 2: Okay. Next day I come home, ups, guys cursing me out in the driveway because another twenty five giant cases came. I'm like, and I keep sending the pictures. I'm like, dude, what's going on? My garage is now full of cases and cases. I think right now we're up to maybe sixty I think there's sixty cases and guess what, my doorbell camera went off before ups. Guys, there again, I went on the ring camera. I'm like, dude, I'm so sorry. This is going to end soon, I promise. He's like, get better. Yeah, okay, So here's the thing, but no.
Speaker 1: Now my garage is a storage facility. Yes, so it's not just a train answer points anyway. So we're trying to we're trying to come up with a new way to do this because you should obviously be paid for storage.
Speaker 2: And if I was in the mob, you know there'd be problems like it just would this or not be going the way it's going. Okay, I agree with you. You're apologizing. I apologize. I apologize sincerely.
Speaker 1: We need to figure out a method that gets that everybody is like happy with and if that's paying you a storage facility, so this way, it's like we're using your garage. I completely agree with you. The thing that we're struggling with is because we ordered all of our inventory for basically a year, We've never had a location where we could ship inventory.
Speaker 2: It's all new to you. Yes, you still don't, dude.
Speaker 1: I know. We're trying to figure it out because Amazon Warehouse could charge you x amount of dollars. But if like we just paid you that money, then it's like what do we do? Like you have to figure out the cost and all that other stuff, and I'm bad with numbers. That's not my department.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the thing. My kids and get to their bicycle. Yes, I can barely get to the washer drive.
Speaker 1: Yes, we gotta fix it. We gotta fix it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the first thing that needs to happen is everything needs to go, all of them. Okay, so we need to put a pause on deliveries, get everything out, you know.
Speaker 1: So there is gonna be a pause and a what do you mean there's no more coming?
Speaker 2: No more today? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like in like I think after this one there's like not much coming much.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I need to get them out so I can clean my garage and make space. Done.
Speaker 2: Great. I'm not okay with this. I'm not even telling you like I'm gonna start. I'm gonna start refusing deliveries. I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 1: We're gonna We're gonna fix it. We're gonna fix it. We're gonna fix it. Don't just drink your coffee. Take a deep breath. We're gonna fix it. It's gonna get fixed. I promise you want to see my leg.
Speaker 2: So it's finally now it's gonna be a scar this because what it is right now is it? It's not healing anymore?
Speaker 1: Well know what you need?
Speaker 2: What scar guard? Normal stamp, dermal stamp.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've been talking about it, and I believe it's working because I have this on my hand. I don't know where I got this discoloration from. But if you stamp it, it creates the collagen and all this other stuff that then starts to like, no, but there's story scab there or something here. Look see right there, that's it, and it's it's hard to the touch, so it's still. That's I don't think it's going to heal any better than that. Man, that's terrible.
Speaker 2: But it was really bad, so bad. You're such I can't with you.
Speaker 1: How are you going to survive?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Andrew?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna, like, you know, make a blog about it?
Speaker 2: Like start a cause no, you can laugh all day?
Speaker 1: First of all, almost whatever those things are, what are these things called in your yours?
Speaker 2: Are giant? Yea? I have you're like moons. Yeah, you have like Lucky charms. Yeah that look at that. I know what's that's not a this is your cuticle.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: What's this underneath? Their call?
Speaker 1: No idea. I've actually been told that my hands are like, you have perfect hands.
Speaker 2: Oh they're not. You have weird fingers.
Speaker 1: Oh I have weird fingers. Yeah, like this finger is weird. Why, I don't know, It's just it's shaped. The nail is like very oblong. I've been told that my nails are perfect.
Speaker 2: Gig, look at this one.
Speaker 1: Look you're just giving me the fingers.
Speaker 2: But look at the difference. Yeah, well your nails are You got deep nail beds?
Speaker 1: I do my So. My friends have also said that my nails are perfect for painting.
Speaker 2: Painting, Oh yes, because there's a lot of service space. You can put all kinds of things on their sunshine sunshines. You know what you should do?
Speaker 1: What you should do?
Speaker 2: Each marshmallow from Lucky Charms for Halloween.
Speaker 1: For Halloween, or I'm Patrick's nails Sat Patrick's Day all green and then Lucky Charms marshmallows Lucky.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'll I would do that. Oh, get glue, all right, I know what you don't even care.
Speaker 1: I don't care about you. Should have charmed marshmallows on my fingernails.
Speaker 2: Really shouldn't be in the cereal business. Why is mister mucus walking around in the hallway. That is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.
Speaker 1: I know he we did a fist bump.
Speaker 2: Dude, the big snut guys out there. I know from the commercials. He's not a Germy's mute, Yeah, which is.
Speaker 1: A germ us Germs? No, I have some Actually I could. I could use some musin X right now. Not even kidding. Not sponsored, No, it's not.
Speaker 2: But that's mister Mucus out there. Yeah yeah, Oh, speaking of sponsored, see behind those balloons. Wait till Monday, Wait till Monday. Yep, just do you wait, folks. But here's the thing, like I'm realizing now, like I love that Serial Killers is sponsored. What a wonderful, wonderful, wholesome family brand. Yes, the problem is bull chat. Sometimes we go off the rails, and you know, wholesome family companies don't like to be associated with off the rails. Yeah, so I just I got to cover it up for Wednesdays. Okay, you know, yeah, we'll just try to keep it as team as human. Honestly, we're really not that, No, we're not. But you know, sometimes we'll say like and talk about word, you know, poop and stuff.
Speaker 1: Or Diamond will come in and she'll say the F word.
Speaker 2: Right, so you know, we just don't. Like I said from the beginning, these are two independent podcasts. Serial Killers is on Mondays where we talk about cereal and we eat it. Bull Chat is on Wednesdays, where we just talk about life and whatever, whatever, and sometimes life throws poop at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, so it's not fun when that happens. No, just like that video that they made me watch today, Oh please do were you in.
Speaker 2: There for that?
Speaker 1: Talk to me after the commercial with the girl in the car? No, talk to me after the comercial.
Speaker 2: We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: And we're bad.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's cool.
Speaker 1: It's so cool. That is definitely not a big enough hole. But I'll figure it out. How could it not be because you don't understand what it looks like on my end.
Speaker 2: I says, No, I don't.
Speaker 1: That was funny the way that was raised. So when you put all the stuff in it. Yeah, it just looks like one big wave form.
Speaker 2: I think I think waiting three seconds is enough because it would be weird for our YouTube audience. You know what we could do from now on when we see it be back right after this and we leave. We can leave like a five or six or ten second hole, but we could just make faces on YouTube, and we could just do funny things on the camera. That way, they still have some entertainment, you know, while you're like editing in the thing.
Speaker 1: Editing in the thing? Right, Okay, we could chat about it. Are you just deciding to.
Speaker 2: I'm just reading emails. I'm waiting for you to come up with some other topic. Now here we go, Oh okay, yeah, do you want to try the Lime oreos that I brought back? I'm okay, Why do you try it? Don't eat the cream?
Speaker 1: I don't want one?
Speaker 2: Why they're delicious?
Speaker 1: I don't really want an oreo right now?
Speaker 2: Would do you want anything? Not really whip cream? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, I'm good. I'm I'm excited because I'm going to Disney World on Friday.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm now possibly trying to go in February.
Speaker 1: I am so excited. I can't freaking wait. This is my first vacation of the year. I am so pumped. I can't wait. Really, yes, seems it I haven't been on a vacation this year.
Speaker 2: How many days are you going to Disney? Four?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: That's really expensive?
Speaker 1: Wednesday Friday until Monday.
Speaker 2: That's like six hundred dollars for tickets, right, I know it's insane.
Speaker 1: But I haven't taken any vacations this year.
Speaker 2: So I've got dude, you are so busy. You're just it's just you can't stop the money from coming in, so you might as well spend it, please, right, Well use single guy lives in an apartment. Dude, you just get It's just you're rolling in it rolling in. You're so busy with all these podcasts and your you can insulator company business.
Speaker 1: Can insulator company any money? That? So this is the thing. You have to spend money to make money. And the problem is that all these like influencers on TikTok and YouTube where they're like, oh, do a drop shipping business until I make ten thousand a day. You can be making ten thousand a day, But the lie is that you have to then invest all of that money back into your company. You because if we just what we were doing before, before me, we have to fix the situation. Uh huh was ordering something? Things would just go out of stock, and so then you're constantly playing catch up. There's never any way that you could fulfill all the orders.
Speaker 2: So so now you're just constantly playing overstock, not overstock. Oh, you just have enough eye game. Now I'm playing overstock.
Speaker 1: Well, we just have enough now where you can actually so, but you have to get to that point, and you can't get to that point without investing tens of thousands of dollars. And all these YouTubers and streamers and things they make it seem like this is such an easy business model to get into, which it is. Don't get me wrong. You look for a stupid product and you sell it stupid, but you need to like, listen, I'm not selling you know, a cure for cancer. It's an insulator for a can. This isn't Rocket signed.
Speaker 2: And my daughter said, who uses those? A lot of.
Speaker 1: People and you do make money from it, but the amount that these people say that like, oh I'm so rich now you're not. Just you're not.
Speaker 2: It's stupid, especially when all your money is tied up in my garage.
Speaker 1: You got a one hundred thousand dollars worth of coosies in there.
Speaker 2: Don't say that, dude, I'm gonna get robbed.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's the worst thing that they can ever can you imagine?
Speaker 2: Oh I love that, you know, I believe my garage open tonight and here's my address. Please take as many cases as humanly possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they're gonna be like, oh, we scored, what do we get? What the hell?
Speaker 2: Like? You know? I was. I was, you know, packing some of your crap the other day with the four labels you gave me for the seven hundred boxes. You know, there were six, and the letter carrier was I noticed, I said, letter carrier, I cause lot the pro terminal terminology. She said, oh, your ware house are now, And I'm like, not really, I just got into something stupid with a friend of mine. I'm doing him a favor. And she's like, oh okay. I said, don't worry, none of this comes usps. You're not gonna have to deliver any of it. Damn right, I'm not. She was not. She's like, I'm not carrying that crap to your house.
Speaker 1: Nikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so please don't usually use them for that.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh so I have to get home soon. I'm so excited. I'm going to go home, turn on every TV, every radio, every everything I like, even all my old phones and that don't work anymore. I'm turning them on because the thing at two twenty the thing. Make sure this goes out by two twenty, so people are awin. I will if you're not aware and you're listening to this on this day, which is October fourth, Wednesday, is the.
Speaker 1: Twenty pm Eastern time. Well, it's two eighteen on mobile devices and to twenty on all other electronic device. It's just a national allergency.
Speaker 2: Is a National Emergency Alert System test?
Speaker 1: Oh fun?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's the FCC and the other thing in FEMA whatever. They're all like sending stuff out.
Speaker 1: There's very few moments where I feel the United States collectively experiences something together, and when we do.
Speaker 2: They don't use it. Have you noticed there were one or two times where they should have activated it and they did it. Hello, September eleventh, that was a whole big thing.
Speaker 1: Well, how many people had cell phones that they would send alerts to.
Speaker 2: Radio, TV. That's what the emergency alert systems all about.
Speaker 1: There was no alert.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't send out any tones on that day. Well, I guess it was a national emergency.
Speaker 1: Did New York do any alert? No? That's interesting, isn't it very Yeah, you know they test, test, test, test, test, and then they don't use us use well because I think it's probably meant for like like a cataclysmic.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure, September eleventh does pretty cataclysmic.
Speaker 1: Yes, but if like you had it in like New York, LA, like a bunch of cities where it's like stay away from the city, you know, it would.
Speaker 2: Have been nice.
Speaker 1: Be boop boop boop.
Speaker 2: Hey, attention to everybody. Airplanes are coming out of the sky, dude, like a nationwide I don't disagree with you. I've never I don't think it the only the only Well see back in the day, you don't know because you're young, But it used to be e b s. It was the emergency broadcast system. And actually, if you see like movies and TV shows now that go we have to activate the EBS, they're just dumb. They don't realize it's it's eas now. Emergency alert system, you know, and I used to. I used to do the announcement at the school radio station for for the EA it was EBS.
Speaker 1: Then this is a test of the emergency broadcast system. This station that broadcast is your area or testing the equipment, I mean, I know the whole thing. Was there anything for codler with it? Uh? No, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: The only alert tones I've ever heard were weather alerts, and I don't even think they did it for sandy, now that we're talking about sandy. But I have heard one or two activated for weather in my day.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: But other than that, you know, yeah, yeah, you know, all right. I want to go because I want to. I want to do the thing I want to. I know this is this is your super Bowl, So I'm alsto gonna. I wish I could pull the car into the garage that way I could hear the radio in the car also do it. But I don't have any room in my garage for a vehicle.
Speaker 1: So just so I get this right, if you had room in your garage, you pull your car in, that's right, open the door, give yourself carbon monoxid.
Speaker 2: No, no, I would leave the door to the house open. I wouldn't leave the car running. No, no, I would just leave the accessory on the way. The radio's on, radio on, I turn every all the other I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I know you're like shaken, dude.
Speaker 2: First of all, hold on, you know something like radio and TV people, probably only radio people are the only dopes in the world that when there's an EAS test they leave it on. They want to hear it. Everyone else like, oh, it's crap, They turn it off, you know. But I want to hear the whole thing. I want to hear the tones. I want to hear the little announcement that this is only a test. This is a test of the emergency alert system. Had this been an actual test, the emergency turns you just heard have been followed by official news information or instruction. This concludes this test of the emergency alert system.
Speaker 1: Did you ever hear different countries alert?
Speaker 2: Don't play it. You're not allowed to don't play It's a podcast. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: No one's playing our podcast nationally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when someone in Mexico is listening and they hear the tones, it's going to be a whole thing.
Speaker 1: No, that's not a thing.
Speaker 2: It is a thing.
Speaker 1: It's not a thing. It is, I promise you it is not. You're not allowed to play tones on broadcast radio. Yeah, this is not radio, I know, but it's still frightening. Are they going to take this clip and play it on the show that we work on tomorrow?
Speaker 2: They might, they won't. But what if another country hears it?
Speaker 1: Are we broadcast in any country?
Speaker 2: People are listening on smart devices in other countries? We had them from New Zealand. What are you talking about if someone is listening to this in New Zealand right now when you play New Zealand's tone?
Speaker 1: So what are these?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: All these videos of people reacting to them and playing them.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't play it, My god, you're crazy. I just think that I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: You're crazy.
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm an old school radio guy, but.
Speaker 1: Your old school way does it make sense with the modern era? You're right agree, therefore I should. I could play it.
Speaker 2: I'd rather you not.
Speaker 1: My god, you're crazy.
Speaker 2: I just people know what their tones sound like.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me someone in China right now if I play this Belarus.
Speaker 2: Stop stop, turn it off, dude. Stop. This is aman It's scary.
Speaker 1: That's why I wanted to play it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't like that. It's really frank.
Speaker 1: That's why I wanted to play different countries tones. But apparently I'm with, you know, the broadcaster of the year.
Speaker 2: Like if I was in bed at night listening in my things, that would scare me.
Speaker 1: And I would in bed tonight listening with my face, I wouldn't be able to sleep. You still have wired headphones, don't you?
Speaker 2: I use them on the bike path the other day my AirPods fall out.
Speaker 1: Well you know what you need to get, but I don't have it with me. But there's little hooks that I got for my ears because mine are the same way.
Speaker 2: My left one stays in right when I sails out.
Speaker 1: I had the same problem when I run, they just go bloo by the way annoying.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the right one doesn't connect and it's only left.
Speaker 1: I now why this?
Speaker 2: It doesn't think it's in my ear?
Speaker 1: VIU is this? Do they I have hooks that you put on them and they just like stay.
Speaker 2: In there and shouldn't need hooks, just use the wires. I'm just saying. What Also, like if I when I'm riding my bike and I have the AirPods in, like, oh hey, Siri, doesn't recognize it. What don't know?
Speaker 1: Do you bring your case with you?
Speaker 2: No, you don't need your case.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: When I have my AirPods and I'm riding my bike, I'm like, hey, Siri, do I have any new text messages? She doesn't hear me. It won't she doesn't care about these. Oh, okay, only when the wires in. So I try to stay wired.
Speaker 1: I think you need to touch something for the hasty.
Speaker 2: I try that. It doesn't work. I try to set up and everything got it. Yep.
Speaker 1: So well, thank you so much for listening to a very exciting episode of Bulche. It was that exciting. It it was that exciting.
Speaker 2: Look, we just felt like we needed to give you something.
Speaker 1: And you know, then he played the emergency system, so that was cy. You know, if you do that on like real actual I know you get fired. Fine, I know it's bad, like five hundred thousands. They can't do it in movies or anything, I know, because again, that is a different form. This is a podcast. And the person in Belarus who was listening, so sorry, I don't think you're playing us nationally on your radio.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can't do it in a movie. I think it's Okay, on movies and TV shows maybe no, not on TV shows that's broadcast. Yeah, what if it's on Netflix, though, I think.
Speaker 1: It's fine right because it's streaming the same way podcast is. You could just skip over it.
Speaker 2: So if it's a show that originates on broadcast television but then it goes over to Netflix, right or vice versa, then they have to blur it out.
Speaker 1: It's like, maybe you should look into this lit.
Speaker 2: I might. I'm gonna I'm gonna contact the government.
Speaker 1: Cool, contact the government. Please get back to me when they get back to you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go tweet the FCC tweet. Yeah, I'm gonna ask or X. I'm gonna go X. It's gonna go z X. That's what he calls them, z's zets zets. So now there's zets x E E T. That's never gonna catch on.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Like I still play the promos that say tweet us.
Speaker 1: Do you actually use Twitter? Still?
Speaker 2: The only thing I do on Twitter is complain about companies and post our podcast. That's it.
Speaker 1: Does it get any traction?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I haven't been on Twitter in mind. I deleted it and it's been.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, Like a couple of weeks ago when I was on the l I double R train. Yeah, and the door wouldn't close and we were sitting there for twenty five minutes. I'm like, h l I double R jankity old.
Speaker 1: Trains from the eighties, sitting here for thirty minutes with the door that won't close. Oops at l I double R train canceled. Shocker, And you know it's just going on some intern who's like, oh this again.
Speaker 2: No, but you know, all the all the like, all the transit accounts all retweet it.
Speaker 1: I don't I think they need to. They could figure that out through an app if they wanted to. I think for me personally, I think Twitter's over. I don't think it's ever going to get back to where it was. And realistically wants you delete your account? You're just kind of like.
Speaker 2: Meh, I want to see what my last actual, actual tweet was, not not complaining about something.
Speaker 1: But you still use Facebook actively?
Speaker 2: I do because I keep in touch with friends on Facebook. There's nothing wrong with that. That's how we like. Look, see there's the uh, there's the broken down l I double R car, right, so that's my last with the doors open?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know four retweets.
Speaker 2: Wow, big Oh what was that speaky treat? Okay, look here I complained about Kava because there was a mess and they had nothing right. Contrary to popular belief, I don't complain much, you know, but I did right here. So there's that. Oh and then the one before that was an April of Jonas Brothers performing here. So since April I haven't Yeah, nothing meaningful. Look, just more complaints. Oh, it's all L double R because that's all I complained about. Look, Rodding got a brand new L double R train. I'm pretty sure a good number of passengers don't even know what this thing is. And it's a big boombox radio.
Speaker 1: No, it's hysteric. Oh damn it, what the thing here? Yeah, so they're like, oh my god, you got fourteen hundred views on this tweet. That's the dumbest thing that they could have added with the little views for tweets, and that means nothing, and me scrolling past your thing counts as a view, so like, really, yes, that's the thing, and everybody is like Elon Musk keeps tweeting like, oh my god, We've never seen such high engagement. Dude, you're clearly manipulating the numbers, like I'm not stupid. Yeah, like two seconds of a view counts, so he's like, oh, billions of views, they're all manipulated. That's why no one's advertising, because you're not promising any return. It's all fake, right, And I tweeted about hell sorry, this is how the weather station. That's how I feel like.
Speaker 2: If I want like a television station to see something or news or whatever, then I'll do it because they look at that still.
Speaker 1: And I will say, there's one thing I miss, which is like urgency. I feel like if I went on Twitter during ward shows big moments, like I could go on there and I can follow the conversations. But the thing is, and this is what you realize ninety nine percent of what we're fed to be like, oh my god, this is breaking news. You actually are like, oh, I can like live without the idiot reactions of people being like what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: And now on Twitter when I have like eight notifications like oh boy, but it's just somebody else retweeting something for whatever reason they want me to see it. So whatever of a.
Speaker 1: Ward shows quote unquote iconic performances, it's forgotten about the next day because it's not that iconic. It's just fake people being like, oh my god, it's so cool.
Speaker 2: This serial is really good. If you check us out on Monday on All New serial Killers. Here have some thank you. I just went to Okay, I'm not gonna show you what it is, but it's delicious.
Speaker 1: I mean they can clearly see it because of the side.
Speaker 2: No you have to zoom in.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, thank you all so much for listening. We appreciate you. Make sure you listen on Monday. We have a big announcement behind these balloons. We're so excited.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna post this like right now? Yes, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Oh for your right home.
Speaker 2: And I loved That's why I look. I wanted to be like exactly like just enough time for me to get home. So I'm gonna get in the car. Get in the car, I'm gonna put on the AM radio. I'm gonna listen to the traffic report.
Speaker 1: I have to peece so bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna keep you here. I'm gonna listen to the traffic report so I know which way to go, even though Ways kind of tells you, but Ways likes to mess with me, you know, and then I'm gonna listen to this all the way.
Speaker 1: Home ways is stupid.
Speaker 2: This will get me through Queens.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited to me off because it's like, oh, hey, you know, you're gonna have to make like a right in like five like miles. And then all of a sudden it was like, oh my god, the right is actually all the way like after you make that quick left, So thank you so much for getting in the right lane so to go like all over the place?
Speaker 2: Is your waist stoned?
Speaker 1: It's dumb, I'll say that much. Know who's crazy these past couple of days with this road closure in the morning. No, that man in that room is his name?
Speaker 2: Is scary? Yes, why.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be a backseat driver, but I fear for my life. Sometimes you should just not go with him. I have to, And ninety percent of the time it is a great, calm, soothing ride, but scary. We'll get in the right lane and then you see like a garbage truck in the right lane and you're like, is he breaking? Is he breaking? Is he breaking? Are we breaking? What's going on? Why are we not breaking? And you like are like and you're like well, you said something all of a sudden he'll break and you'll be like and then he'll be like this a hall.
Speaker 2: Well you said, sometimes you feel like he maybe he falls asleep while he's driving. Is he so tired that he just falls asleep with I.
Speaker 1: Don't think at that part of the morning, because you can't listen for reving the car that hard?
Speaker 2: No, okay, but I.
Speaker 1: Appreciate him driving me in truly great.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to this episode of bowl Chat. Make sure you're here Monday for an all news serial Killers and follow us on all socials even X at serial Killers, US at serial Killers PC. We still do see that one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, do you remember when we had like that terrible social media app and they tried to like get us to like endorse it.
Speaker 2: What threads No kickie kicks? No.
Speaker 1: It was basically like, oh, Vine's cool, Hey, try kicking it.
Speaker 2: What happened to threads that came and went?
Speaker 1: Threads is stole up?
Speaker 2: Who's using it? I don't even hear about it.
Speaker 1: I deleted it off my phone already.
Speaker 2: I never even hear about it.
Speaker 1: Like I said, once you get off Twitter and you realize you really don't need that constant interaction.
Speaker 2: You're like, Eh, let me tell you Pop's Facebook is the way to go.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: What that that is the trash? That is what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Literal trash?
Speaker 2: Not if you keep everything out?
Speaker 1: No, I don't need to keep anything out. I just don't need it. I don't need an extra network. I'll just text people. I want to talk.
Speaker 2: Different things work for different people, and I happen to enjoy it. Yeah. Well in the world, don't move you know, you keep banging your nose into the windscreen. Well, what's a windscreen?
Speaker 1: My god? Okay, well, thank you all, we miss you, we love you. We'll see you monday.
Speaker 2: Check out the serial website serial killerspc dot com. We should have some bold chat topics on there. Okay, submit your bold chat topic at serial killerspc dot com. How come we don't buy bolchat dot com. Someone else is going to right now?
Speaker 1: Fine, we don't need to, but someone's gonna do it. Should I go go daddy? Right now? Go to go daddy. Thank you all so much for listening. We'll see you later and we'll see you monday.
Speaker 2: Until then, say clank everyone.
Speaker 1: I have to be so bad no no no no no no no. Okay, now it's over.
Speaker 2: Oh oh bye.