Speaker 1: Mike is on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see your levels? Andy?
Speaker 1: What all?
Speaker 2: IU? No way, you know, we just need shorter ones. We need new shorter ones. I know we had Brody on last week discussing, so Brody, if you're listening to this, please get us a few that are you know? Maybe I don't know. Ten seconds, ten seconds? Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Why don't you just cut it yourself? Oh no, it's just this is the Serial Killers and.
Speaker 2: You can't mess with people's artwork. You can't.
Speaker 1: Something tells me Brodie would be fine with it because we're still playing it.
Speaker 2: I don't think he would. You can't mess with stuff.
Speaker 1: I think he'd be fine with it. I just think that you're lazy and don't want to do it. But anyway, Welcome to Killers.
Speaker 2: This episode one today is Monday, August. I don't know what it is, sixteenth. Welcome to Monday August sixteenth. Andy, you're back from your trip. I am trip.
Speaker 1: Well technically I was back last Monday. But what technically I was back last Monday.
Speaker 2: It's too much for my head to understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearing, this is Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: It's the podcast where we try cereal, we eat it, and we talk about it and we rate it and we think inside the box, wow, yes, all those things. Speaking of box, we have to thank our listener Jamie Moon. Huh okay, because Jamie Moon is out of control. And you see that box right there, Oh, that huge one. The huge box is full of cereal. There's like thirty cereals in there. We've done half of them, I know. You know what. The website is a little wonky on a few things. We have to get that corrected. But there's some stuff in there that is great.
Speaker 1: And we have You can talk to Newman right so, well, his name is other Scott, so we'll get to it. He prefers Newman. He told us via text this.
Speaker 2: Is our podcast and we'll call them what we.
Speaker 1: Is, IRO podcast. All right, this is on Iron Podcast.
Speaker 2: So I heard you brought some cereal back from the road. Where is it?
Speaker 1: I forgot. I don't know where I sent it. I went to the FedEx and I shipped it. But then it's not any of these boxes that I shipped.
Speaker 2: How many boxes did you ship?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: There's only three here.
Speaker 1: So maybe Gandhi went to some okay, or some went to Gandhy. So I think Gandhi has my cereal.
Speaker 2: Got it. Well, it's a good thing that I have cereal and we have lots of it.
Speaker 1: They were real cool, I'm telling you that much.
Speaker 2: They were. Were they name brand cereals?
Speaker 1: Uh No, these were like California granola cereals, even though I think I bought them in like Arizona. One of them came in what looked like an old like a milk crate, like an old milk box.
Speaker 2: Okay carton, Yeah, that thing.
Speaker 1: It was like this big and you like poured it and I was wondering how it worked.
Speaker 2: But all right, well, lucky for you, I have cereal.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And in the last episode you were very excited that we were going to do this cereal in this episode. Do you remember what it was?
Speaker 1: Honestly, it was only a week ago, sir, No, it wasn't. It was like three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: All right. So it's the latest in the Kellogg's line of mashup cereals.
Speaker 1: Oh is it frosted flakes x apple Jacks?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is frosted flakes and applejacks. It's the mashup.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 2: You were excited for it.
Speaker 1: I am. I'm still excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we've done frosted flakes and fruit loops that you can't get anymore. Now they're on to frosted flakes and applejacks.
Speaker 1: Okay, And it's funny.
Speaker 2: Because a few weeks ago, you know, I take surveys, So Kellogg's emailed me a survey and I filled it out and it wanted to know what the next mashup should be. And apparently they're just using frosted flakes as the base. So it's other cereals that will go along with frosted flakes. And I chose Coco Crispies because I thought that would be interesting.
Speaker 1: That that is a good one.
Speaker 2: So hopefully that will be the next one. Now, I mean, you know what this is going to taste like. It's going to be sweet as hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: And apple jacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you also see at Serial killerspc dot com you can buy shirts.
Speaker 2: I was going to get into that. Oh, so let's let's eat the cereal first and then we'll go there.
Speaker 1: Let's table it. Bucco. Also, can we talk about one other thing or should I save it for the bowl chats?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a cereal related.
Speaker 1: It's about how you said that I could never edit all audio, and then I did edit audio.
Speaker 2: Save it for ball chat. Please thank you. I'm gonna go down to the fridge and get your milk.
Speaker 1: Of which I bought at a local bodega near my house.
Speaker 2: This is dery.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of this pike because you.
Speaker 2: See the trucks around here and it's Durley Farms, so I'm not they took the farms away. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: This one doesn't come from the farms, from the plant farmers pledge no artificial growth hormones.
Speaker 2: It is two percent reduced fat milk and it comes from Oh my goodness, distributed by Dury Farms, Bethpage, New York. Wow, that's the town over from me. That's exciting. It's very exciting. So you know what, Hello, Deurly Farms, your local sponsor us.
Speaker 1: Why don't you call them? I think I will and then be like, can I speak to your local PR person? And it'll probably be some old person on there They're like, hello, you know, I can't what is the PR? Is that a new cow?
Speaker 2: There's got to be somebody listening to this podcast who has a friend that works at a dairy farm. There has to be or at least owns a cow.
Speaker 1: Right, So we're just gonna drink milk from one cow.
Speaker 2: I think we just mentioned this once before. We're gonna get a cow in the corner. Remember suck on the udder, the whole thing. All right, here we go one two three, I Glode Super Sweet takes me back to sleep Away Camp for some reason.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's been happening more and more lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: Of Club four bowls, yeah, I don't know why, but standalone Applejacks gets five, Ruscia Flake standalone gets five. This together, I'm just it's just not hitting the same.
Speaker 2: So is it not too great? Taste? That tastes great together?
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe.
Speaker 2: So, by the way, can you tell me what commercial that's from.
Speaker 1: Let's say it at the same time.
Speaker 2: One one, two three Gree's Peanut Butter Cups. Yeah, Reese Peanut butter Cups. Two great tastes Yep, that taste great together. Gree's Peanut Butter Cups. Oh yeah? Was that at the end of it, not the oh yeah part?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay? Cool?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 2: So, speaking of Sleepway Camp, in the YouTube video, you'll see me mess that up up but in the podcast version you won't hear that poof yep. All right, So I'm gonna go down to the cereal sack because speaking of sleep away camp, Yeah, my daughter has returned from sleepway camp.
Speaker 1: Exciting.
Speaker 2: She brought us some stuff. Oh yes, she raided the cereal cabinet, thank you, Ashley, and as things we haven't had before. Usually see, this is the thing. Usually there at that camp they have multimeal, the little single served cut bowld things. They did have some multimeal, but they also now have some random other brand that I've never heard of that must be some industrial crap.
Speaker 1: Seem very angry about that.
Speaker 2: It's just called hospitality, hospitality, bunch of cinnamon squares.
Speaker 1: It's just a hospitality brand, now, that's it.
Speaker 2: It's just this hospitality.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Excellent source of vitamins and minerals made with whole grain. So even if we try this and like it, you probably won't be able to find it anywhere.
Speaker 1: The word minerals always like uh, makes it seem like maybe they crushed up a rock and threw that in there for the mineral section. Like vitamins I get, okay, vitamins are calcium and other ones.
Speaker 2: But miners are like rocks. I know. Yeah, I remember going to the Gregory Museum and buying this little sheet that had rocks glued to it, and those were minerals.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still have it somewhere.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I ripped it. We should have taken a picture first. Oh yeah, well, I'll try to get it back together.
Speaker 1: How did Ashley get these back? Was she like, my dad's a famous cereal podcast and needs this.
Speaker 2: No, she just stole it out the Well, here's the thing. At all these camps, like all the staff quit week one, so there was really nobody minding the store. Great, the counselors quit, the nurses quit, the chef quit, and so it was just pretty much a free for all.
Speaker 1: But it was like anarchy at the camp.
Speaker 2: It was it was just kids ruling the place.
Speaker 1: They had a show like that. It was called kid Camp really or Kids Universe or kid World or something Fox. It was very short lived.
Speaker 2: Yeah. These are fake cinnamon toast crunch.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh oh yeah. The smell is very.
Speaker 2: It smells like Man of Chef. It's grape wine, very specific.
Speaker 1: It's like very spicy. This could be bad this is going to be bad.
Speaker 2: Ready, here you go. What the hell? Yeah, it tastes like Wriggly's spearmint gum.
Speaker 1: No, you know, it tastes like candy cigarettes. Your tastes like a candy cigarette.
Speaker 2: This is freaking awful.
Speaker 1: Even the texture is like a candy cigarette.
Speaker 2: It's like, what is wrong with this thing?
Speaker 1: Oh, smell it, trust me.
Speaker 2: It's I'm wondering if this is like many summers old. There's no date on it.
Speaker 1: This is horrid.
Speaker 2: Well no, it is April twenty three of twenty twenty two. This is just horrendously disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's a candy cigarette crushed up with cinnamon sugar on it.
Speaker 2: It's gross.
Speaker 1: It's one of the nasty. This gets zero bowl zero.
Speaker 2: It's nothing.
Speaker 1: This gets a puke face new man puke face?
Speaker 2: Yes, please? Whoa a bunch of cinnamon?
Speaker 1: Shit?
Speaker 2: What that is?
Speaker 1: Oh great? Now we gotta put it on be This is terrible and honestly, how is the camp serving this to children?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, here's another one, uh hospitality brand, Cocoa Munchies.
Speaker 3: I don't want it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, Maybe this one will be better.
Speaker 1: I don't want coco Munchies.
Speaker 2: This one's not expired. It's good. Let's see, neither was the other one?
Speaker 1: And why did it taste like.
Speaker 2: That good source of nine vitamins and minerals.
Speaker 1: My mouth hurts from like the taste. Does your mouth feel like it's like a like there's a film on it?
Speaker 2: I just I spit it out fast enough.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: This one also smells like some sort of mint candy. I guess it's supposed to be cocoa puffs.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to observe, like what this looks like in the cup, and it's just like somebody heard of cinnamon toa's crunch and milk just spurret it on but didn't actually know what it tasted like. I feel like you're being very liberal with this milk right now because it's a big carton bunch.
Speaker 2: No, what is this now? Cocoa munchies.
Speaker 1: At least this smells like it does.
Speaker 2: I still think it smells like some sort of chemical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it probably is.
Speaker 2: Ready. This one tastes like count Chocula sands marshmallows. That's exactly what this tastes like.
Speaker 1: This one doesn't have any chocolate flavor to it.
Speaker 2: Not much. But this is this is count Chocula without marshmallows.
Speaker 1: I at least dying from it. So because of that, I'll give it two bowls.
Speaker 2: This one's okay, not great, I'll tell you how much. No, the lack of cocoa is astronomical.
Speaker 1: I would like to speak to the manager of what is this Hereditary Hospitality Hospitality Foods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are located in Oh it's the Gilster Mary Lee Corporation in Chester, Illinois.
Speaker 1: Something tells me Biff, Biff had a long tumble and you wound up in Illinois.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go a ball in a spoon. Yea's really not good. Two bowls because it's really forgettable and it's just like whatever we already did three cereals. Yeah, well there is one more.
Speaker 1: I can we save it.
Speaker 2: This is a present from Ashley to you because we know that you like these cocoa rush sorry cocoos. Here you go.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You don't have to go back and listen to listen to the episode from a year ago. You don't have to open it. You can have it for breakfast tomorrow. Listen to the episode from a year ago. It was called Maultomania. I think yeah, and uh, you'll know why we said coco us.
Speaker 1: And that's what when they sent us the dispenser too. That's right for the blueberry clusters, but.
Speaker 2: We do there is another one in here, and this is a multimeal And I can't believe we've never done this. It's just crispy rice. Oh okay, it's Rice crispyes, huh right, I can't believe we haven't done this before. But I did check the website and it's not there.
Speaker 1: And you could trust Maltomeal for the most part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know what Post makes it exactly.
Speaker 1: That's why it says on the thing Post Consumer brand.
Speaker 2: And they are our friend, Yes they are, although they haven't sent us anything in quite some time. You haven't. We haven't received a package from Post since Pebble's fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe it's because the gift we got them wasn't very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah what did you get them?
Speaker 1: I got them new pants?
Speaker 2: Okay. Oh, they are doing the signature snap crackle pop even though they shouldn't.
Speaker 1: No, it's poof poof exactly, poof frazzle and dark.
Speaker 2: Wait, I got a yellow one in here.
Speaker 1: Look, it's had some good corn once you think okay.
Speaker 2: Yep rice crispies. Mm hm, three balls and a spoon yep retweet. By the way, it's also not corn because it's crispy rice. You know what, It's a different grain. Speaking of corn, I have six stalks in my backyard and they're bursting with cobs. So I'm not sure when is the proper time to harvest it. I think we're ready to eat it. I've never grown a successful ear of corn in my life.
Speaker 1: Do you have a picture you could show me.
Speaker 2: I don't have it on me, but maybe i'll attach it when we do this, when we put.
Speaker 1: Because I need to see what your corn looks like.
Speaker 2: Maybe one of my friends from Iowa can let me know when the proper harvesting time.
Speaker 1: How many friends did you make in your two months that you lived there?
Speaker 2: I was there for ten months, and oh.
Speaker 1: Now he added a month. First it was good month. First it was like six years listen. Then it went down to two years. Then it went down to like a year.
Speaker 2: None of this was ever.
Speaker 1: It was ten months, then it was nine months.
Speaker 2: Excuse me. I left in June and came back in May. So that's what that's eleven months? Am I correct?
Speaker 1: June?
Speaker 2: July, August, September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April May.
Speaker 1: Did you leave May first?
Speaker 2: No? I left mid May. So it's eleven months.
Speaker 1: Oh, now it's eleven months.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: You need to go back and listen to how many times the story has changed with your Iowa saga.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a saga.
Speaker 1: I mean it was because the way you explained it is, Oh down at the local store, my friend's there, the local bar.
Speaker 2: It was the high V.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: It was I can't I miss HIGHV this episode?
Speaker 1: I feel like got off to a meh start and went downhill with that. Can we just really quick get back to the T shirts disgustingness? So if you go to Serial KILLERSPC dot com and you go to the merchant store, you can buy one of our fabulous yellow Serial Killers let's call it golden. It sounds much better than yellow golden T shirts. Now, for a little bit of time, get your Cereal Killers PC shirt, your favorite podcast made shirts.
Speaker 2: And in some cases it costs less than you actually going out and buying cereal and shipping.
Speaker 1: It to us.
Speaker 2: It's twenty bucks, it's cheap.
Speaker 1: Get that beautiful golden shirt now by heading to serial KILLERSPC dot com shouting handling required.
Speaker 2: It is just shipping, just shipping. I handle for free, idles for free. Yeah. I mean it is limited because we're only selling a dozen of each size. Yes, and I tell you what, if you buy one, we'll give you a shout out on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh hey there, Linda from Long Island, thanks for ordering the small. You look great in it. Oh John from Ohio, little too many coco pebbles. There, you ordered the extra large, but you look great in the shirt. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're not calling like Rosalt people's wait what that's the worst thing you could have said. That's someone who orders an Excel is going to be like, oh god, is Scot gonna mock me on the air.
Speaker 2: We won't do size is Hey. Look I would need an Excel too, so I'm with you. John from Ohio? Is that who I said? I don't remember? But anyway, go check it out because it's there for just a limited time.
Speaker 1: Serial Killers serial KILLERSPC dot com now and please follow us at serial Killers PC on all social platforms.
Speaker 2: Y thank you much. Where this will be posted.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll also make other shirts in the future if this one sells.
Speaker 2: You know what we really should make and it was the only thing that would make sense cereal bowls.
Speaker 1: That's all. Okay, Why don't we have serial Killers cereal bawls? Well, I mean we have to talk to a merch person for that.
Speaker 2: Like the logo. What about Larry Mud our friends a Larry Mudd. We haven't heard from them in a while, okay, Like our logo should be on the bottom of the ball, so you have to eat through everything to get to the logo. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Larry Mudd reach out, but they can't be that expensive.
Speaker 1: Lenny?
Speaker 2: Was it Lenny? Did I say Larry?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why our friends starn't reaching out because we don't know their names?
Speaker 2: Did I say? Did I say Larry? Yes, Larry. I like Larry Mud. Okay, Lenny Mud? Well, whatever, okay, anything else? Andrew, No, I'm good. Is it Mud because that's what they called the clay I guess I'm not sure it was Lenny. I don't know who Lenny is. Oh, all right, thanks for listening to Serial Killers. We got to go. I just hear my friend Matt laughing in the car right now. He laughs from this all the time and text me how funny we are?
Speaker 1: I love that people think we're funny. It makes me smile.
Speaker 2: But is it only because if they know us? Or does everybody think that this is amusing?
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't become a top two hundred food podcast for nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh speaking of people that think we're funny, if you go to you know, Apple where the podcast thing is there, and you go to the ratings thing, mm hmm. I have to say I was very excited to see this the other day. Oh come on, just be quiet. Why do the commercials they just start, they just start. Stop listen to It's this way we get the money. It wasn't even our Oh yeah that was Andy won't eat anyways. So will you listen to the latest review? I love this so much? And it came from why didn't say what came from?
Speaker 1: Oh boy?
Speaker 2: Oh god, Andrew? Why is everything so hard?
Speaker 1: Meltdown happening?
Speaker 2: Everything is so hard? Oh oh that's another one. We got two more?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen to this best podcast ever? Who ever is in all caps?
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 2: I have never listened to a podcast ever until the pandemic hit, and I was sent to work from home. Your podcast meaning Ours was the first one I tried, and I'm so glad I did. You both make me laugh and it's a happy spot in my hum drum work week. Thank you for the entertainment and most of all, for talking about my favorite food. You're number one fan, Debbie hashtag lucky Charmers for life. Oh thank you, Debbie Cool. That really does put a smile on my face? Did it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Good, look I'm smiling.
Speaker 2: Oh and then there's one. There's one more that came in on Sunday that I'm just noticing. Title is love It Andrew is my fave? Helps me fall asleep every night? Oh love with this podcast. Maybe that's just say in well, wait you they fall asleep to you, but they love the podcast.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's the soothing sounds of my voice that put them to sleep. Thank you for listening to another episode of Serial Killers. We hope we see you again next Monday. Make sure you tune in this Wednesday for an episode of everyone's favorite Bold Chat. All right, thanks for talking with us. I'm Andrew, i'm's good.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks for listening. We will see We'll see you Wednesday and then again on Monday, and we'll just keep seeing you here to your late radio voice. No I don't have that, Yes you do, Yes you do. Say crunch Andrew, Crunch, Crunch.
Speaker 1: Come on, you could do one.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't. I don't really have That's that's your thing.
Speaker 1: No, No, you could do it. Non believe in yourself.
Speaker 2: My thing is like the car salesman voice.
Speaker 1: What's the car today?
Speaker 2: Monday? Monday, all cars on sale?
Speaker 1: You should have done that for the serial killer shirts.
Speaker 2: And get a free pound of coffee when you buy a Toyota, a pound of coffee because it's just what we have under the counter at the car dealership. Okay, that's the free gift.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, here we go, Bye bye,